PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hill, Author

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

shnnrc01
05-05-2010, 11:48 AM
it doesnt seem to be up on the mysterious press site yet,i got it thru the OC.

demorgan
05-08-2010, 10:47 AM
I still havent heard back from PS in regards to my replacement traycase or even my slipcased HORNS..getting irritated.

carlosdetweiller
05-09-2010, 01:26 PM
STORIES, the new anthology edited by Gaiman and Sarrantonio, is now announced on the Mysterious Press/Bookshop website. There is also a lettered edition of 26 copies. I ordered directly through them via telephone.

Tito_Villa
05-13-2010, 06:20 AM
I just won this ... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220601210709&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT ... any idea what the original price was for the 250 numbered edition?

Clacke
05-13-2010, 06:27 AM
I just won this ... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220601210709&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT ... any idea what the original price was for the 250 numbered edition?

$250. Nice catch. :thumbsup:

Rahfa
05-13-2010, 06:39 AM
Good grief...and that wasn't a buy-it-now auction?

Tito_Villa
05-13-2010, 06:41 AM
Nope it wasn't, i was expecting to pay around double that so im well happy :D

The Library Policeman
05-13-2010, 06:52 AM

What a bargain! I paid well over £100 for mine last year. Well done Tom. :thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
05-13-2010, 08:05 AM
Incredible bargain. Congratulations.

SophieBatik
05-13-2010, 10:25 AM
No you are not being overly picky. I would ask for a new case.
And WHY do these people send things in the mail not properly packaged??? Seriously, they know they are sending them to collectors. Just ranting, bad packaging drives me insane. You get all excited when you see the package has arrived only to have your heart broken when you open it up.

I agree completely. I purchased Heart-Shaped Box on eBay from a guy in England. It arrived just wrapped in brown paper, no packaging at all, with a smashed corner (amazingly that was all). I emailed him and he said, "The slipcase is the shipping box."!!! He said I could return it and he'd just resell it and get what I'd paid. He did refund the shipping costs though.

Brice
05-13-2010, 04:21 PM
"The slipcase is the shipping box."!!!

:scared: Okay this statement should sway anyone who opposes the death penalty. At the very least surely an exception can be made.

Lenny
05-13-2010, 05:38 PM

Holy crap tito that was a good purchase :thumbsup:. I was excited when I got mine for only $225.

Randall Flagg
05-13-2010, 06:18 PM
No you are not being overly picky. I would ask for a new case.
And WHY do these people send things in the mail not properly packaged??? Seriously, they know they are sending them to collectors. Just ranting, bad packaging drives me insane. You get all excited when you see the package has arrived only to have your heart broken when you open it up.

I agree completely. I purchased Heart-Shaped Box on eBay from a guy in England. It arrived just wrapped in brown paper, no packaging at all, with a smashed corner (amazingly that was all). I emailed him and he said, "The slipcase is the shipping box."!!! He said I could return it and he'd just resell it and get what I'd paid. He did refund the shipping costs though.

First off, welcome to the site.:rose:

Incredible that was the response from the seller.
Packaging requirements often vary by size and value of the book, but a book in a padded or plain envelope is likely to be damaged.

willie3
05-16-2010, 04:23 AM

I wonder what he would have said if you returned it to him the same way?

Karl

WeDealInLead
05-16-2010, 05:33 PM
I'm thinking of ordering a wooden case for both Heart.. and Horns. They're both inscribed to me and very dear to me. It would be cheaper than gettting a traycased or even slipcased version of each book off Ebay and it would look cool as hell and it'd be very unique.

Randall Flagg
05-17-2010, 09:53 AM
He asked me to return the entire thing to him.
I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome.
I received the replacement traycase today. Mint condition. Pete even tossed in a free S/L copy of Val/Orson by Marly Youmans. (http://store.pspublishing.co.uk/acatalog/info_447.html)

demorgan
05-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Joe just shut down the msg board on his site....that was huge punch in the gut.

Brice
05-24-2010, 03:23 PM
??? :(

demorgan
05-24-2010, 03:50 PM
exactly...I along with a handfull of others loved that board and basically called it our digital home...His reasons for shutting it down is on his board.

Lenny
05-24-2010, 03:56 PM
I hate to see the message board go but like the comments I left him about it, I would rather see him spend his time writing than managing a message board.

Dolan
05-24-2010, 07:56 PM
I was a visitor of the message board there when it first started wayyyy back when. Honestly, sometimes I go through stages where I find it hard to even keep up on this one.

It's always terribly sad when message boards close - those of you who remember dt.net know how special that one was to me... Gosh... those were the days. The sense of community I had there was overwhelming... so many friends there. Most of which carried over here, but some didn't.

I certainly do not want to make it seem like there isn't a sense of community here, because there absolutely is (even more so that I haven't given the chance to explore) and I am so thankful for this board. Getting the email from Matt to join this board before it opened was an incredible honor. I just think times were different for me then. Collecting was easier. Money was more abundant... it wasn't about how much a book was. It was about how much longer I needed to wait for it to end on eBay.

Anyway - maybe this post should be in the stream of consciousness thread but I just wanted to comment how sad it is to lose a message board that people hold dear and I am sad to hear that Joe had to close it. With that, I am sure Joe will have time to focus more on writing and for that I am thankful...

Tito_Villa
05-25-2010, 12:42 AM
Very sad news ... :cry:

shnnrc01
06-07-2010, 09:58 PM
joe has a story in a new s/l by sub press available for pre-order now on their site.

shnnrc01
06-07-2010, 10:01 PM
anybody going to the STORIES signing in columbia university next tuesday 15th in NY? if they could get a copy signed for me by those authors attending id really appreciate it.of course id pay for the book and shipping expenses.pm please,thx.

Tito_Villa
06-08-2010, 12:16 AM
anybody going to the STORIES signing in columbia university next tuesday 15th in NY? if they could get a copy signed for me by those authors attending id really appreciate it.of course id pay for the book and shipping expenses.pm please,thx.

Me too if anyone could possibly get me a signed copy i would really appreciate it! :)

Room 217 Caretaker
06-08-2010, 02:00 AM
June 15, 2010
Neil Gaiman Returns to Columbia Teachers College
Tuesday, 7:00pm
WHERE:
Horace Mann Auditorium
Teachers College
Columbia University campus
New York City

Neil Gaiman will be reading with contributors from his new book, STORIES. Those present will include Kurt Andersen, Jeffrey Ford, Joe Hill, Walter Mosley, Al Sarrantonio and, of course, Neil Gaiman.

This event is not ticketed; it's first come/first serve. The space holds approximately 600.

:doh: Wish I knew this was coming.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Tito_Villa
06-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Yeah that would be great to go to!

Nerak
06-09-2010, 03:59 AM
I wanna go....... :(

Patrick
06-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Joe Hill and Neil Gaiman in the same place at the same time reading and signing the same book? Oh man, I would die of happiness.

The Library Policeman
06-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Joe Hill and Neil Gaiman in the same place at the same time reading and signing the same book? Oh man, I would die of happiness.

Where have you been Patrick?

You've been missed on here.

Welcome back any way :)

Dolan
06-09-2010, 01:03 PM
June 15, 2010
WHERE:
Horace Mann Auditorium
Teachers College
New York City

Neil Gaiman will be reading with contributors from his new book, STORIES. Those present will include Kurt Andersen, Jeffrey Ford, Joe Hill, Walter Mosley, Al Sarrantonio and, of course, Neil Gaiman.

This event is not ticketed; it's first come/first serve. The space holds approximately 600.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

I actually plan on going - I will report back to you guys! :nana:

Tito_Villa
06-09-2010, 01:41 PM
June 15, 2010
WHERE:
Horace Mann Auditorium
Teachers College
New York City

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

I actually plan on going - I will report back to you guys! :nana:

Cool :D

Dolan
06-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Ugh. Well, the book Gods did not hear my prayer. There was a work dinner I was to attend that I thought I was able to get out of but since it's been rescheduled close to three times, there is no way out now.

Sadly I won't make this one. Damn :cry:

Brice
06-11-2010, 06:32 AM
Kenny, it is totally irresponsible, but I'd submit that you are too sick for their damned meeting. :)

Nerak
06-11-2010, 06:45 AM
I will call them and say that I am your mother and you are too ill.....I Will I Will!!!

Brice
06-11-2010, 07:32 AM
:lol:

Dolan
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
TRUST ME - I'm trying everything. I've already tried so hard to get out of it that if I call out or just say I'm sick they will know! Forbid I actually DO get sick! LOL :onfire:

Patrick
06-11-2010, 08:29 PM
Aw, man! Sorry to hear that you'll miss it, Kenny. I was looking forward to living vicariously through you. :couple:

Brice
06-12-2010, 03:48 AM
TRUST ME - I'm trying everything. I've already tried so hard to get out of it that if I call out or just say I'm sick they will know! Forbid I actually DO get sick! LOL :onfire:

*sigh* I guess there is only one thing to do then. :(

Before work drive by the bosses house and slash all his tires. Then go by everyone else's house who must attend and do the same. Finally call work and explain that someone slashed your tires and you don't know how long it's gonna' take to get new ones and get to the meeting. :innocent:

Randall Flagg
06-12-2010, 06:06 AM
[quote=Dolan;519509]
Before work drive by the bosses house and slash all his tires. Then go by everyone else's house who must attend and do the same. Finally call work and explain that someone slashed your tires and you don't know how long it's gonna' take to get new ones and get to the meeting. :innocent:
It would be possibly if Kenny actually knew how too drive...and had a car.

Nerak
06-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Sabotage the train

Brice
06-12-2010, 04:08 PM
Oh, yeah, Jerome! I forgot he doesn't drive.

LostAlivE
06-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Can anyone tell me about the book by Joe Hill:
Locke & Key: Head Games Deluxe Signed Limited Edition.
Is it a graphic novel or just a novel or what?
I would appreciate all the help you can give me about.

Still LoStAlIvE

ELazansky
06-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Is this what you are referring to - http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=hill05&Category_Code=PRE&Product_Count=14

It looks like it will contain the complete graphic novel as well as the script, just like the Welcome to Lovecraft edition.

LostAlivE
06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Is this what you are referring to - http://www.subterraneanpress.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=hill05&Category_Code=PRE&Product_Count=14

It looks like it will contain the complete graphic novel as well as the script, just like the Welcome to Lovecraft edition.

Yes but there are no details about the book. Is it all six graphic issues in one HC or what. A picture would help out but I know there isn't one yet.

ELazansky
06-16-2010, 02:05 PM

Yes but there are no details about the book. Is it all six graphic issues in one HC or what. A picture would help out but I know there isn't one yet.

Yes, it will contain all six issues of the comic in one hardcover, just like the regular graphic novel that will be available. It also will contain the full script for the series, and if you buy the limited or lettered, you get extra artwork along with the signatures (those won't be in the Trade from SP).

bast_imret
06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Picked up a copy of Horns, 1st/1st, at Books-a-Million last weekend marked down 50% off. Gonna start into it after I finish up Under The Dome (got sidetracked by The Name of the Wind).

Sir_Boomme
06-23-2010, 08:23 PM
haven't read all the way through this thread...but...
... just curious....
did anyone else feel compelled (like i did) to decode the front/back end papers on Horns?

Tito_Villa
06-24-2010, 12:03 AM
... just curious....
did anyone else feel compelled (like i did) to decode the front/back end papers on Horns?

Yup they are lyrics :)

Brice
06-24-2010, 01:18 AM
... just curious....

I may be wrong, but I believe Jerome did so. As Tom said they were lyrics...might have been Sympathy For The Devil...or was it You Can't Always Get What you want? :orely: I don't remember for sure.

Tito_Villa
06-24-2010, 01:34 AM
I think it was Sympathy for the Devil!?

Randall Flagg
06-24-2010, 05:39 AM
I just got my signed copy of Horns from Riverrun Bookstore only to find some morse code on the first 2 and the last 2 pages of the book .... so i have just deciphered the code and im very conused by what it says...

"Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name" 2 times in the front and 2 times in the back.

So anyone have any ideas???

.--. .-.. . .- ... . -.. / - --- / -- . . - / -.-- --- ..- / .... --- .--. . / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- . ... ... / -- -.-- / -. .- -- . /

.--. .-.. . .- ... . -.. / - --- / -- . . - / -.-- --- ..- / .... --- .--. . / -.-- --- ..- / --. ..- . ... ... / -- -.-- / -. .- -- . /

(http://www.filexoom.com/showfile-18087/joe_hill_pleased_to_meet_you.wav)
:thumbsup:

Sir_Boomme
06-24-2010, 05:50 AM
good to know others are curious.... but I like to figure out these things for myself, so I didn't read through this thread.

I've had the books (several limiteds and signed firsts) taunting me for a while, but I waited until my girlfriend finished with her unsigned copy so I could read it ... and I'm finally doing so. I read two koontz and one other book while waiting for her to finish Horns.... it was driving me crazy.

anyway, in case it wasn't posted, here's the song's lyrics:

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long years
Stole many a man's soul and faith

And I was 'round when Jesus Christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that Pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

.--. .-.. . .- ... . -.. / - --- / -- . . - /-.-- --- ..-
.... --- .--. . / -.-- --- ..- /--. ..- . ... ... / -- -.-- / -. .- -- .
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game

I stuck around St. Petersburg
When I saw it was a time for a change
Killed the czar and his ministers
Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank
Held a general's rank
When the blitzkrieg raged
And the bodies stank
.... --- .--. . / -.-- --- ..- /--. ..- . ... ... / -- -.-- / -. .- -- . , oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
(woo woo, woo woo)

I watched with glee
While your kings and queens
Fought for ten decades
For the gods they made
(woo woo, woo woo)

I shouted out,
"Who killed the Kennedys?"
When after all
It was you and me
(who who, who who)

Let me please introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
And I laid traps for troubadours
Who get killed before they reached Bombay
(woo woo, who who)
.... --- .--. . / -.-- --- ..- /--. ..- . ... ... / -- -.-- / -. .- -- . , oh yeah
(who who)
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby
(who who, who who)
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
(woo woo, who who)

Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints
As heads is tails
Just call me Lucifer
'Cause I'm in need of some restraint
(who who, who who)

So if you meet me
Have some courtesy
Have some sympathy, and some taste
(woo woo)
Use all your well-learned politesse
Or I'll lay your soul to waste, um yeah
(woo woo, woo woo)
.... --- .--. . / -.-- --- ..- /--. ..- . ... ... / -- -.-- / -. .- -- . , um yeah
(who who)
But what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, um mean it, get down
(woo woo, woo woo)

Woo, who
Oh yeah, get on down
Oh yeah
Oh yeah!
(woo woo)

Tell me baby, what's my name
Tell me honey, can ya guess my name
Tell me baby, what's my name
I tell you one time, you're to blame

Oh, who
woo, woo
Woo, who
Woo, woo
Woo, who, who
Woo, who, who
Oh, yeah

What's my name
Tell me, baby, what's my name
Tell me, sweetie, what's my name

Woo, who, who
Woo, who, who
Woo, who, who
Woo, who, who
Woo, who, who
Woo, who, who
Oh, yeah
Woo woo
Woo woo

Randall Flagg
06-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Just read Joe's short piece-"The Devil on the Staircase", from 'Stories'. Nice read and an interesting layout of the words themselves.

Bev Vincent
06-24-2010, 06:07 AM
They even managed to conserve the layout fairly well in the Kindle edition, which is how I'm reading Stories.

Dolso
06-30-2010, 01:26 PM
I thought some of the Joe Hill Collectors might get a kick out of this case. I just finished it today. You'll have to excuse my book....it spent its' reading life on the beaches of Puerto Vallarta.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/HSB_1_50_.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/HSB_4_50_.JPG

Tito_Villa
06-30-2010, 01:30 PM
Very cool Dick, have you thought about making a collection thread of your own?

biomieg
06-30-2010, 01:38 PM
I like it! I would love to see a snapshot showing the case from the side - it looks as if the heart and the 'lid' are carved from a single piece of wood. And I'd like to see how convex the shape of the heart is. Is it quite flat with only rounded edges or does it curve all along the surface?

PS I second Tom's request for a collection thread :)

Dolso
06-30-2010, 02:14 PM
I like it! I would love to see a snapshot showing the case from the side - it looks as if the heart and the 'lid' are carved from a single piece of wood. And I'd like to see how convex the shape of the heart is. Is it quite flat with only rounded edges or does it curve all along the surface?

PS I second Tom's request for a collection thread :)

biomieg ~ Is this what you're looking for? The lid is actually flat with rounded edges & the heart finished up with engraving. The dog prints are also engraved.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/HSB_5_50.JPG

As far as a collection thread..... I'm just an old fart & technology throws me for a loop sometimes but I'll give it a shot. After all these years, I'm actually proud that I can post pictures & have joined a forum! :wtf:
Any hints on getting one started?

Ricky
06-30-2010, 04:14 PM
That case is amazing! I, too, would like to see a thread filled wth your cases and collection. :clap:

Randall Flagg
06-30-2010, 05:23 PM
As far as a collection thread..... I'm just an old fart & technology throws me for a loop sometimes but I'll give it a shot. After all these years, I'm actually proud that I can post pictures & have joined a forum! :wtf:
Any hints on getting one started?
Go here Collections (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=111)and start a new topic. For tips on posting pics etc. try this thread- Posting pictures, links etc. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=9233)
PM me if you need additional assistance.

biomieg
06-30-2010, 09:57 PM
What Jerome said (and you seem to have no trouble posting pictures, so...)

And yes, that was the shot I was looking for. Thanks!

Sir_Boomme
07-02-2010, 06:24 AM
wow, now that's a cool "traycase".....! i want one!
well done.

ELazansky
07-02-2010, 06:37 AM
So is the Joe Hill market going through a really bad time lately? The Horns S/L is still available from PS Publishing, and some folks on eBay are selling it for less than retail. I also see the same books over and over again with no takers.

Rahfa
07-02-2010, 08:08 AM
No offense to Joe Hill, but it was never a "great" time for the s/l editions...there was a lot of irrational exuberance for the first few s/l's, and then they kept releasing more and more...they aren't even scarce.

demorgan
07-02-2010, 09:04 AM
the market is oversaturated. IMO.

jhanic
07-02-2010, 09:17 AM
I agree.

John

wizardsrainbow
07-02-2010, 11:41 AM
He signs everything put in front of him (for which I am glad as a collector to have his signed works), but yes, the market is oversaturated.

jhanic
07-02-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm afraid the same thing is happening with Justin Cronin (The Passage).

John

ELazansky
07-02-2010, 03:01 PM
I think by the time the s/l edition of The Passage comes out from CD, there may be little to no interest. It needed to come out right away, while the hype is on. It is a very good book (only 100 pages to go).

demorgan
07-02-2010, 03:37 PM
I think that there will still be interest in the limited.

Gris
07-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Sorta of Joe, but only partially.

My final gift from his editor prior to leaving HarperCollins was a copy of Stories. She told me she had originally intended to pass it around the convention in NYC a few weeks ago and have all contributors present sign it, but was so swamped she was unable to. Only Neil signed it, but I'm happy with it.

http://allgris.dns4me.com/books/Images%5CStories_ag.jpg

LostAlivE
07-03-2010, 09:16 AM
I like the the UK book cover. I have one and it looks great a lot better than the US cover.

swintek
07-03-2010, 09:24 PM
My final gift from his editor prior to leaving HarperCollins

Isn't his editor Jennifer Brehl (Hill and Gaiman's editor)? Didn't hear she was leaving- that is kind of big news. Do you have anymore details?

Ron

Randall Flagg
07-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Picked up an autographed Horns today that was still on the shelf in the Haight Ashbury bookstore where Hill read and signed a few months back.

Brice
07-04-2010, 02:17 AM
That seems odd that it'd still be there. Congratulations! :cool:

Randall Flagg
07-04-2010, 10:38 AM
There were two more, but the were not in great shape. Same thing with a copy of The Passage, they had several 2nd printings, but only two 1sts and one was damaged.

Brice
07-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Both the Wal-Mart and Sam's Club here have several firsts of The Passage. I need to pick up a copy I think.

Gris
07-06-2010, 04:16 AM
My final gift from his editor prior to leaving HarperCollins

Isn't his editor Jennifer Brehl (Hill and Gaiman's editor)? Didn't hear she was leaving- that is kind of big news. Do you have anymore details?

Ron

I left Harper, not her. Needless to say, I'm not going to be able to get nearly as many ARCs and such as was able to in the past :(

Brice
07-06-2010, 04:17 AM
For another publisher or to something different?

Gris
07-06-2010, 10:47 AM

Something different. I'm a SQL/.NET developer, so I have a broad range of "applicability", not something specific to publishing. The economy is not good for anyone, and seems to be hitting the publishing industry extra hard. 2 days after I left Harper, they laid off another guy from my group. Even person down, they still had to cut another. The group went from 6 developers to 3 in 6 months. I saved someones job by leaving, but another was still cut. I wasn't feeling that great about security, not to mention that i had received no raise for 3 years.

I spent close to 10 years in the US Air Force. A developer job a local Army installation became available and I jumped at it. Salary is a bit more than 50% higher than was I was making at Harper. That in itself is huge, but the rest of the benifits also enticed me. Because of my military time, I'm walking in the door with almost 10 years credit towards retirement. They offer a real salary pension in addition to a 401k type plane with a 5% match. Was just something I needed to do to further my career.

jhanic
07-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Sounds great, Craig! Congratulations!

John

swintek
07-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Craig. And best of luck to you in the new phase of your career!

Ron

Nerak
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Craig, HOLY CRAP! That's awsome! Still sad about you leaving Harper though :(

Brice
07-06-2010, 11:59 AM

Something different. I'm a SQL/.NET developer, so I have a broad range of "applicability", not something specific to publishing. The economy is not good for anyone, and seems to be hitting the publishing industry extra hard. 2 days after I left Harper, they laid off another guy from my group. Even person down, they still had to cut another. The group went from 6 developers to 3 in 6 months. I saved someones job by leaving, but another was still cut. I wasn't feeling that great about security, not to mention that i had received no raise for 3 years.

I spent close to 10 years in the US Air Force. A developer job a local Army installation became available and I jumped at it. Salary is a bit more than 50% higher than was I was making at Harper. That in itself is huge, but the rest of the benifits also enticed me. Because of my military time, I'm walking in the door with almost 10 years credit towards retirement. They offer a real salary pension in addition to a 401k type plane with a 5% match. Was just something I needed to do to further my career.

Sounds excellent! ...well, minus the fact that the military doesn't give free books to you. At least you can buy a bit more with that 50% though. :D

demorgan
07-07-2010, 02:43 PM
It seems that I cant post a comment on Joe's page....anyone else having any problems.

Randall Flagg
07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Joe closed (or was going to close) the board.

Patrick
07-09-2010, 04:56 PM
Dick, that's a beautiful case you've made for your H-S B.

Craig, congrats on the new job at signficantly higher pay and benefits.

Sorry to hear Joe is closing his board, Jerome. Obviously I haven't checked it in a while, but I always liked it.

Nerak
07-09-2010, 05:01 PM
No comments about the newletters from PS Publishing about the missing final chapter in some of deluxe Horns?!?!?

I tried to snag a chap...but no joy! Dammit...I have to find a way... :panic:

Tito_Villa
07-10-2010, 12:20 AM
No comments about the newletters from PS Publishing about the missing final chapter in some of deluxe Horns?!?!?

I tried to snag a chap...but no joy! Dammit...I have to find a way... :panic:

Yeah i saw this ... luckily mines fine :)

demorgan
07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Joe closed (or was going to close) the board.
it was the main page that I was having problems with posting comments. It seems that It may be resolved. Im not sure if there is a character minimum or not when posting.

Randall Flagg
07-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I just posted a comment-
http://joehillfiction.com/?p=1554#comments

Seems to work. RE: minimum characters, perhaps you need to say something longer than "Hi", not sure but it worked for me. If you continue to have problems, contact Joe Hill's webmaster.
webmaster@joehillfiction.com

demorgan
07-12-2010, 08:41 PM
I just posted a comment-
http://joehillfiction.com/?p=1554#comments

Seems to work. RE: minimum characters, perhaps you need to say something longer than "Hi", not sure but it worked for me. If you continue to have problems, contact Joe Hill's webmaster.
webmaster@joehillfiction.com
The main page was acting "weird" for only a certain time frame during that single day.

Nerak
07-15-2010, 07:04 AM
comic information (http://ryalltime.wordpress.com/2010/07/14/why-is-joe-hill-smiling/)

This is WAY too cool! Have to call my store and make sure they save me at least one if not more!! :dance::rock::thumbsup:

alinda
07-15-2010, 07:27 AM
I love links, they often times lead you to places you might otherwise not find.

Patrick
07-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Karen!

Nerak
07-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Happy to share :cool:

disel24
07-16-2010, 07:17 AM
good to know! I need to catch up with the series now that issue 6 is out AND the halfway point of the series arrived

Nerak
07-19-2010, 08:05 AM
From IDW...no info if they are different than last years...gonna send Joe and email, will let you know!

Signed Locke & Key Ghost Keys

$25, Limited to 100

From the pages of the smash-hit series Locke & Key, now you can unlock your imagination with this one-of-a-kind 3" pewter Ghost Key! Signed by award-winning writer Joe Hill, this Comic-Con exclusive strictly limited to under 200 pieces, each with its own velvet drawstring pouch.

ELazansky
07-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Those are cool - too bad it looks like they'll only be available at SDCC :cry:

Brice
07-20-2010, 03:34 AM
From IDW...no info if they are different than last years...gonna send Joe and email, will let you know!

Signed Locke & Key Ghost Keys

$25, Limited to 100

From the pages of the smash-hit series Locke & Key, now you can unlock your imagination with this one-of-a-kind 3" pewter Ghost Key! Signed by award-winning writer Joe Hill, this Comic-Con exclusive strictly limited to under 200 pieces, each with its own velvet drawstring pouch.

If they are different from the last and you can get some please let me know.

turtlex
07-20-2010, 05:17 AM
You know, every year I miss out on the big San Diego Comic Con, and it sells out months in advance !!

Grrrrr... another missed chance for cool Joe Hill stuff.

Oh well, some year.... some year.

Nerak
07-20-2010, 05:42 AM
They are the same keys...they held some back...so, it's no joy kids!

Did y'all happen to see the new comic that will be out...did I post about that...scrolls back up...nope, here's the info

Kodiak (http://heavyink.com/comic/15097-Kodiak)

Kodiak varient cover (http://forum.idwpublishing.com/viewtopic.php?t=8065&sid=69404ba25ebee7c5a03ff674a56c54eb)

Already got my place saving one for me!

jhanic
08-07-2010, 10:52 AM
UK proof of Horns (http://cgi.ebay.com/Horns-Joe-Hill-rare-UK-proof-Stephen-King-Neil-Gaiman-/260647417783?pt=Fiction)

John

Sir_Boomme
08-08-2010, 01:10 PM
UK proof of Horns (http://cgi.ebay.com/Horns-Joe-Hill-rare-UK-proof-Stephen-King-Neil-Gaiman-/260647417783?pt=Fiction)

John

mine now....

surly
08-11-2010, 04:57 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like new keys are going on sale:

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/

ELazansky
08-11-2010, 05:02 AM
Cool - I ordered a Head Key..

Nerak
08-11-2010, 05:26 AM
shit shit shit!! I need to get the other two...OH DAVID! are you going to NYCC?!?! LOL

Just emailed a friend up in the Bangor area to hit up BangPop for me!

Randall Flagg
08-11-2010, 05:36 AM
I just don't know about spending >$60 for keys.

ELazansky
08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
I really just wanted one, so I figure 20 bucks for one and I'll be happy. And it is signed, so that's a bonus.

Room 217 Caretaker
08-11-2010, 08:35 AM
I just don't know about spending >$60 for keys.

If you order before September 2nd (I think that's the date) it is my understanding the tag attached to the head key is signed by Joe.

Not bad for $20, IMO

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Randall Flagg
08-11-2010, 09:04 AM
Good point. 2 for $26 with shipping isn't bad.

Check out the Ghost Door (http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.com/ghostdoor.html). I think that is inside Joe Hill's home.

Nerak
08-11-2010, 09:21 AM
I ordered the one key that's available. I still want the other two. But I am going to neither convention. I am hoping they have some left to order :(

shnnrc01
08-11-2010, 12:09 PM
got one this morning too.
karen, i think they had leftover keys from the last comic con so hopefully they will for these 2 keys as well. fingers crossed.

SkippyD023
08-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the link surly.
I placed my order as well. I sure hope they have some of the other keys left over, I want them all.

Elfwitch
08-11-2010, 04:42 PM
I just read "Horns" in less than 24 hours. I haven't read a book that fast and continuously since the first Dark Tower book when I first discovered it. It was good that it was less than 400 pages long because I was getting hungry and my eyes were beginning to itch. LOL

I have also read "Heart Shaped Box" and the Ghost stories book when they first came out. I am impressed, and as a loooong-time fan of Dad, (I read Carrie when it was new and was hooked forever on the King style), I dare to say I have discovered a chip off the old block. Not the same, but a VERY good storyteller. I would love to see more of Ig in future stories, his character was so easy to identify with and I was sad when it ended. MORE! (she demanded greedily...)

Randall Flagg
08-11-2010, 05:47 PM
I devoured 'Horns' myself. I
<----------(sheepishly feels guilty) never read 'Heart Shaped Box' when it debuted, I started it 2 days ago, and treat it like a fine dessert-limit ~50 pages per day...I want it to last. I am loving it.

WeDealInLead
08-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I enjoyed Heart-shaped Box a lot more. Horns was a solid effort and some parts were really great but I didn't feel like it was as good as HSB.

I'll probably order the key on Friday. I had the first two hardcovers signed by Joe in Toronto and it would make sense to get the matching key(s). I snagged the 3rd hardcover today. I didn't start reading it yet but I work tomorrow and I'll probably devour it during downtime.

Randall Flagg
08-11-2010, 06:58 PM
FYI, I have numerous signed Hill books, including several inscribed to Judas Coyne's deceased band members.
All for sale. I love to share.:couple:

Patrick
08-14-2010, 07:28 PM
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but it looks like new keys are going on sale:

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/
Thanks for the link! I just ordered a couple Head Keys.

Wish the Echo Key were available now for preorder. I'd love to hear from anyone going to BangPop!, or to the NYCC for that matter...

Nerak
08-15-2010, 03:46 AM
I am thinking the one from NYC is going to be the new candle key. I love that one!
I am trying to talk a friend into going to BanpPop! Will let you know if I manage it! LOL

different_seasons
08-15-2010, 05:00 AM
I am thinking the one from NYC is going to be the new candle key. I love that one!
I am trying to talk a friend into going to BanpPop! Will let you know if I manage it! LOL

lol, I think you talked me into it. Who needs keys?

Nerak
08-15-2010, 05:46 AM
WOO HOO!!!! Aaron is going!!! :couple: Message me your paypal address and I will shoot you $20 for the key

different_seasons
08-15-2010, 10:39 AM
WOO HOO!!!! Aaron is going!!! :couple: Message me your paypal address and I will shoot you $20 for the key

I've got 2 others that want one Karen and I told them not to give me any money until after I get it. It makes it easier for me. I actually just found out about these and just ordered a signed one from somewhere. Some fan I am!

ELazansky
08-15-2010, 10:49 AM
I'd be interested in the Echo Key as well if it wouldn't be too much of a burden

Pasiuk57
08-15-2010, 11:24 AM
I would love the candle and echo key

Patrick
08-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Wish the Echo Key were available now for preorder. I'd love to hear from anyone going to BangPop!, or to the NYCC for that matter...

I am trying to talk a friend into going to BangPop! Will let you know if I manage it! LOL
lol, I think you talked me into it. Who needs keys?
Well, you know I do! :excited:

Nerak
08-15-2010, 04:52 PM
The candle key will be introduced at NYCC...Aaron lives near Bangor! LOL I don't think he will be going to NY! I would love too, but can't :( I am hoping that they have leftovers from that one, cause I really want the candle one!

Randall Flagg
08-15-2010, 05:32 PM
FYI, I have two copies of Joe Hill's 'Heart Shaped Box'. Both are inscribed to one of the (deceased) band members in Judas Croyne's band.
F/F copies. Dated ~3/13/07.

$40 per copy. $5 shipping (USA).

LadyHitchhiker
08-17-2010, 04:23 AM
Just read Horns. It was GREAT! Can't wait to see what he'll write next! He's getting better and better!

Nerak
08-19-2010, 06:12 PM
Crap crap crap...not only is the comic shop that I had my subscriptions at closing, but they didn't hold any copies of the $1 Locke and Key for me!! Did anyone buy any extra?!?!?! I wanted at least two of them! I will be internally grateful!!!! :):):)

Rahfa
08-20-2010, 06:43 AM
Crap crap crap...not only is the comic shop that I had my subscriptions at closing, but they didn't hold any copies of the $1 Locke and Key for me!! Did anyone buy any extra?!?!?! I wanted at least two of them! I will be internally grateful!!!! :):):)

What comic shop was that?

Nerak
08-20-2010, 07:38 AM

What comic shop was that?

Jumpgate in Portsmouth :( Very sad they are closing..

Everything is 50% off this week and 75% next week, if anyone (Nathan) in the area is looking for some bargains on old comics!

Rahfa
08-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Maybe I will go by...do they have the hardcovers of The Stand and Dark Tower comics?

Chris' Comics in Seabrook probably has your stuff too...

Nerak
08-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I am heading there next week

Bev Vincent
08-24-2010, 02:36 AM
Steven Spielberg to Adapt "Locke and Key" Comic Book (http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=18763&count=0)

Nerak
08-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Wicked cool!!! :clap::clap:

Patrick
08-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Adapting it as a television show rather than a movie? Good decision! (I assume it would be on cable.)

Nerak
08-25-2010, 05:42 AM
I thought it said for Fox TV...isn't that a cable channel but not a paid one?

Bev Vincent
08-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Fox is network TV. It's broadcast over the airwaves as well as being delivered on cable.

Patrick
08-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Thanks, I missed the part where it mentioned FOX. Well, I hope they can keep it gritty.

east-tennessee
08-27-2010, 07:35 PM
I just finished reading HSB, I thought it was a great read.
I can relate, as I love rock & roll music and have a crazy ex with a crazy family.......
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Picture_194.jpg

east-tennessee
08-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Heres the photo........
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Picture_194.jpg

frik
08-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Adapting it as a television show rather than a movie? Good decision! (I assume it would be on cable.)

Think I would have preferred a movie adaptation. Haven't seen too many television adaptations that impressed me.

sk

Dolan
09-05-2010, 12:10 PM
I just got an email from Sub Press about Locke & Key #2 being shipped out.

I have this funny feeling that even though I was specific about getting a matched number, I am really fearful that they overlooked it. Fingers crossed!

Tito_Villa
09-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Mine's been shipped out too! I can't remember if i paid shipping or not hmmmmmm :orely:

Randall Flagg
09-06-2010, 05:13 AM
I just finished Heart Shaped Box. I really enjoyed it.

Patrick
09-06-2010, 09:49 AM
About time, Jerome! :P

east-tennessee
09-06-2010, 06:55 PM
I also really enjoyed HSB,,,,,,,
I've just started Horns..:thumbsup:

different_seasons
09-12-2010, 04:22 AM
Ok....getting Echo keys next Sunday. $25 shipped anywhere (if they are $20 at the show). Send me a PM if you want one. If you already sent me a PM, send me another one with your address.

If there are any hot nerds there, I'll get pictures.

shnnrc01
09-12-2010, 06:11 AM
hot nerds...nice!!

different_seasons
09-14-2010, 08:15 AM
Ok- orders for the keys have closed, I can't carry many more. Haven't heard from Karen though...

Nerak
09-14-2010, 09:27 AM
grrr, I don't have internet access at home...I want one I want one I want one...please.....

different_seasons
09-14-2010, 10:27 AM
grrr, I don't have internet access at home...I want one I want one I want one...please.....

Ok, got you.

Dolan
09-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Just got my Locke & Key 2. Here are some photos:

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr205/nykennyny/IMG_1576.jpg

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr205/nykennyny/IMG_1577.jpg

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr205/nykennyny/IMG_1578.jpg

willie3
09-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Kenny, the Locke and Key looks fantastic.
Did SubPress match numbers with your Vol 1?
Mine has arrived at the house, but haven't been home long enough to open it yet.

Karl

Dolan
09-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Did SubPress match numbers with your Vol 1?

Yes, thank God! I was fearing the worst...

Patrick
09-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks, d_s!

Congrats, Kenny!

Tito_Villa
09-15-2010, 01:17 AM
Mine has just arrived too, #38 i think it was! Its a great looking book, very happy with it and is it sad to say that i loved the smell!?!?! :scared:

Stockerlone
09-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Joe Hill comes again to GERMANY
to promote his new book “Teufelszeug“ - Horns

Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2010 BERLIN

Patrick
09-18-2010, 11:12 AM
That's great that Joe is going to Germany again!

- - -

I received a couple of the Head Keys in the mail a couple days ago. Joe signed the tags and doodled a little skeleton key on each. They are unnumbered.

:)

ELazansky
09-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Your Head Keys were unnumbered? The one I ordered is #33 of 500, also signed and doodled by Joe.

Patrick
09-18-2010, 01:35 PM
That's great that Joe is going to Germany again!

- - -

I received a couple of the Head Keys in the mail a couple days ago. Joe signed the tags and doodled a little skeleton key on each. They are unnumbered.

:)

Your Head Keys were unnumbered? The one I ordered is #33 of 500, also signed and doodled by Joe.
I stand corrected! I just looked again and the numbers are on the other side of the tag. D'oh! Mine are #140 and #141 of 500.

different_seasons
09-19-2010, 03:00 AM
I got #73 I believe. Off to Bangpop to get some keys, maybe I'll run into my Uncle Stevie.

Stockerlone
09-20-2010, 12:55 AM
UPDATE:

I have asked in the bookshop where the sig. event is, and they say that
they make NO dispatch.:doh:

WeDealInLead
09-20-2010, 04:35 AM
I just checked his website and Locke & Key is going to be a TV show. Cool.

Nerak
09-20-2010, 06:09 AM

ooooo, you going to the signing? I need to get a German edition!!!!!

Cloysterpete
09-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Any word on what his next novel will be?.

I can't be the only one who doesn't much care for his comics, tv-shows or promo key thingies :P

Dolan
09-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Any word on what his next novel will be?.

I can't be the only one who doesn't much care for his comics, tv-shows or promo key thingies :P

LOL! Agreed! I got the new Locke & Key and it went right on the shelf LOL

Nerak
09-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I like the promo key thingies! LOL

Um, as far as I know he's working on something but I am not sure what.

Cloysterpete
09-22-2010, 09:08 AM
I like the promo key thingies! LOL

Um, as far as I know he's working on something but I am not sure what.

I'm just messing, they do look nice, I don't like the comics though so I wouldn't buy them. Not as cool as King's Hearts dog-tags though, there my favourite bit of pointless promo fluff.

Brice
09-27-2010, 05:16 AM
:nope: promo stuff is NOT pointless fluff. :shoot:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-27-2010, 06:58 AM
That name just might stick. So we have...

PPF: pointless promo fluff
SD: sketchy doodle

Patrick
09-27-2010, 08:52 PM
:wtf:

Stockerlone
10-04-2010, 01:02 AM
Joe Hill Promo Euro Tour For his “Teufelszeug“ - Horns

Oct. 5th, 8PM – Berlin. Reading and Signing at Otherland Books :panic::onfire::excited:

Oct. 6th, 2-5PM – Frankfurt. Signing at the Frankfurt Book Fair at the Heyne Booth, Hall 3, Booth F110 (BUT... THIS day is an “NOT PUBLIC“ day, it“s only for Press, Bookdealers...)

+ Madrid afterward; possible signing dates to come.

Stockerlone
10-07-2010, 01:48 AM
UPDATE.

yesterday i returned from Joe Hill“s booksigning event in Berlin, and now i become “several“
new orders, and with a little bit luck, i can become “some“ more books:
Don“t know how much but:

20 Century Ghost“s softcover signed
Heart Shaped Box softcover signed

Blind German softcover signed - its HSB
Black Box (only state) German softcover signed - its 20 century Ghost“s
Locke + Key 1 + 2 German Comic signed
A lot of them are incl. differend doodles and small slogans like... KILL KILL KILL..:onfire:

Here is a pic from:
Blackbox - 20 Century Ghost“s
Blind - Heart Shaped Box
Teufelszeug - Horns

All of them are signed, doodled with small slogans.
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/$%28KGrHqVHJBME63Uw3%29jSBO42PSuTE!~~60_12.JPG

PLS PM

Stockerlone
10-08-2010, 02:20 AM
My report about the Bookpremiere in Berlin 05.10.10 Otherland Bookshop
This bookshop is specialised in Crime Horror Fantasy Fiction

I was realy early in the Bookshop, and i was lucky to become a place 1,5 m away from Joe Hills place in the first set.
The Host of the evening was the lektor of the book Andy Hahnemann. Joe Hill and Hannes Riffel the translator of Teufelswerk-Horns, who is also the co owner of the Otherworld bookshop each are reading two long passages from the book...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT2093.JPG
Then, comes the q+a part, but like often the public was realy shy, Joe Hill uses his HORNS, he have some, he says always when the public was shy, he uses the horns to aerate the public. 1-2 questions are comming,,,,, then nothing....

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT2101.JPG
And then... I ask Joe Hill about his upcoming Projects...
Joe Hill say“s there are 3 projects. Locke+Key takes a LOOOONGER time,,, for more YEARS.
He is also involved in the upcoming Locke+Key TV series,
and he started an new Book, but he says he is realy SLOW....

After this part, it was time to make some pics, then JH starts to sign. I wait, becaus i have the most books:rock:
Joe Hill forgets his own privat book and some pages, 2 other from the audience see that, and we all smile.... :idea: Nice souvenier:cool:. But,,, damn i“am to honest, i told Mr Riffel
that Joe Hill forget his “personal stuff“.
When i wait, i ask Mr Riffel, if he have maybe something special for me, an he gives me
3 Promo Poster, direkt from the Bookshop window.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT2116.JPG

Then, when Joe Hill starts to sign my books, i say at first that i“ am realy sorry that he must sig so much books, but MOST of them are for other collectors, i say some names, well known from JH. I talked whith JH when he signs my 20+ books and my 3 poster, and i sayed to him i“ am realy thankful for his hard work, he doodled every book, several differend, he change his sig pen sometimes. (all 3 Poster are diff. signed) (all 3 Black-Box German sc - 20 century Ghost“s are with diff. doodles)
Mr Hill says that it“s realy hard work:wtf: to sign and doodle some books.

Joe Hill was realy friendly, and it was a beautiful 2 hrs bookpremiere event at the Otherland bookshop in Berlin.
Nice experience.

He signs me a lot lot lot of books.....
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT4047.JPG

Pasiuk57
10-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Wish I could have been there!
Sounds like a great time.

Nerak
10-08-2010, 06:20 AM
Glad you had a good time! Joe is a great guy and very personable!

shnnrc01
10-08-2010, 10:05 AM
frank,you got a lot of nice signed stuff from joe,well done!!

different_seasons
10-13-2010, 11:39 AM
I mailed out ten keys and haven't heard from anyone. You guys get 'em?

Room 217 Caretaker
10-13-2010, 01:07 PM

Oh GOSH.....:unsure: so sorry.

Yes. Thank you very VERY much for doing this and the trouble you went through for me.

Again, sorry for not saying anything.

Ralph Mulleins

ELazansky
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM

Sorry - I got my key a few days after you sent it out. Things have been so busy with me I completely forgot to let you know. I can't thank you enough for picking one up for me.

different_seasons
10-16-2010, 04:43 AM
Ok- need some help. I just read Welcome to Lovecraft and Head Games. Now I'm reading Crown of Shadows (all hardcovers). What comes next?

ELazansky
10-16-2010, 04:48 AM
Keys to the Kingdom follows Crown of Shadows. I think issue #2 just came out.

different_seasons
10-16-2010, 05:06 AM
Keys to the Kingdom follows Crown of Shadows. I think issue #2 just came out.

Thanks, I think I'm going to order them now.

Stockerlone
10-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Now, the “rest“ of my Joe Hill signed + doodled books + comics arrives :dance:

Blind SC - HSB softcover signed
http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends/printImage?imageId=152860093&imageType=image

20th Century Ghost“s signed doodled
http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends/printImage?imageId=152860117&imageType=image

Locke + Key Willkommen in Lovecraft signed
http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends/printImage?imageId=152860164&imageType=image

Locke + Key Psychospiele signed
http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends/printImage?imageId=152860140&imageType=image

shnnrc01
10-16-2010, 11:00 PM
nice frank!

Stockerlone
11-03-2010, 06:25 AM
More pics from the Joe Hill Berlin Teufelszeug premiere event.
http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends/printImage?imageId=152474475&imageType=image

One of my 3 Promo Teufelszeug Posters. All are signed with diff. pens, doodles
http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends/printImage?imageId=152474724&imageType=image

Blind German HC - Heart Shaped Box signed
http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends/printImage?imageId=152474594&imageType=image

Teufelszeug German HC - Horns with dedication for me
http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends/printImage?imageId=152474584&imageType=image

Black Box German sc only state of 20 Century Ghost“s. Joe Hill was so friendly to sign, and he makes diff doodles
http://fotoalbum.web.de/gast/stockerlonepics/Stephen_King_and_Friends/printImage?imageId=152474628&imageType=image

Nerak
11-03-2010, 09:26 AM
You are making me drool...those are great!!!

SkippyD023
11-05-2010, 09:12 AM
Can anyone give me an idea as to what a fair price would be to pay for a 20th Century Ghosts S/L from PS Publishing. I am talking about the signed limited of which there were 500 copies. Thanks.

Tito_Villa
11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Can anyone give me an idea as to what a fair price would be to pay for a 20th Century Ghosts S/L from PS Publishing. I am talking about the signed limited of which there were 500 copies. Thanks.

I got one in the past month for £68 (around $100), not sure if thats a good price or not, but i was quite happy with the price!

ELazansky
11-05-2010, 11:14 AM

I got one in the past month for £68 (around $100), not sure if thats a good price or not, but i was quite happy with the price!

I WISH I could find one for $100. I think the cheapest I've seen on eBay is one out there now for $175. Usually they list for $300 and up - whether they sell is a different story.

Patrick
11-05-2010, 11:17 AM

I WISH I could find one for $100. I think the cheapest I've seen on eBay is one out there now for $175. Usually they list for $300 and up - whether they sell is a different story.
Personally I would consider $100 a great price for the 500-copy hardcover S/L edition of 20thCG.

The somewhat limited first edition paperback certainly must sell for less, although it isn't a cheap paperback.

The more limited (only 200 copies) edition that has both the author and artist sigs sells for over $400.

ELazansky
11-05-2010, 11:29 AM

Personally I would consider $100 a great price for the 500-copy hardcover S/L edition of 20thCG.

The somewhat limited first edition paperback certainly must sell for less, although it isn't a cheap paperback.

The more limited (only 200 copies) edition that has both the author and artist sigs sells for over $400.

I agree. $100 is an excellent price for the 500-copy edition. I think I paid $20 for the paperback. Maybe I will stumble across an $100 copy myself someday.

Tito_Villa
11-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Wow thats good news, thanks for the info everyone!

willie3
11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
Interview with Joe Hill
Radiation Interrogation (http://www.atomiccomics.com/Pages/AtomicBlog/tabid/91/EntryID/1057/Default.aspx)

New comic "Photo" cover
The Cape Photo Cover (http://www.jetpackcomics.com/store.html)

Patrick
11-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Interview with Joe Hill
Radiation Interrogation (http://www.atomiccomics.com/Pages/AtomicBlog/tabid/91/EntryID/1057/Default.aspx)

New comic "Photo" cover
The Cape Photo Cover (http://www.jetpackcomics.com/store.html)
Thanks for the links.

At $20 a pop, that limited comic book ought to be signed by Joe.

(Still I ordered two copies.)

willie3
11-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Patrick, I agree. $20 for a variant cover is steep.
Been looking, but haven't pulled the trigger on this purchase yet...

Karl

willie3
11-26-2010, 07:23 AM
FYI

Israel Skelton posted an update about the next three keys to be produced.

:rock:

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.com/news.html (http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.com/news.html)

Karl

ELazansky
11-26-2010, 07:48 AM
That's cool that he is going to reissue the Ghost Key

Tito_Villa
11-26-2010, 08:07 AM
I would love another story to read and especially would like a follow up to Gunpowder!!!

Nerak
11-26-2010, 08:25 AM
saweet!

Darkthoughts
11-26-2010, 08:33 AM
Oooh! I really want a key! What sort of size are they? I wanted to get one and make a necklace from it.

Randall Flagg
11-26-2010, 03:47 PM
they keys are ~4" 5" long.

Darkthoughts
11-28-2010, 08:36 AM
Awesome. They're really lovely and I think it's a really unique idea :cool:

Tito_Villa
12-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Something that i have been looking out for ages for is a sequel to 'Gunpowder' and it looks like it might not be too far off!

An excerpt from the latest PS Publishing newsletter ...

And while you're doing that, watch out for these forthcoming titles:

* Greentown Redux by Ray Bradbury (Stanza Press poetry collection)
* The Excesses Of Youth by Steven Erikson
* Trapped In The Saturday Matinee by Joe R. Lansdale
* Slave Girls of Gunpowder by Joe Hill
* Ghoul Warning by Brian Lumley (Stanza Press poetry collection)

... and many many more!

VERY EXCITED!!!

biomieg
12-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Nice! I liked that story!

thegreattim
12-14-2010, 10:08 AM
That's great! I think Gunpowder was one of Hill's best!

Brian James Freeman
12-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Not sure if this is something you'd like on your master list of Joe Hill Limited Editions, but he also signed both editions of Four Ghosts, which will be shipping next year:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/cemetery03

The book is only being issued in the two signed editions and will never be reprinted -- no trade editions, no eBooks, nothing.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
http://www.CemeteryDance.com

WeDealInLead
12-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Four Ghosts isn't available to the general public, right?

edit: I mean the lettered edition

Randall Flagg
12-14-2010, 10:34 AM
I believe it is sold out.

Brian James Freeman
12-14-2010, 11:08 AM
I believe it is sold out.

Correct! The Lettered Editions of these special "promotional" books are usually offered for direct sale, and they usually sell out pretty quickly. That was the case with this one.

Best,
Brian

Tito_Villa
12-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Looking forward to that book too Brian i have one of each on order and it wil be my first ever lettered edition!

Brice
12-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Four Ghosts isn't available to the general public, right?

edit: I mean the lettered edition

Everything is eventually available to the public if they are patient and willing to pay enough. :D

Patrick
12-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Oh man, I want one!

herbertwest
12-22-2010, 12:42 PM
Did you know that Joe Hill is writing another comic book serie called THE CAPE? (based on his short story)

http://www.cablechronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/thecape1a.jpg

The 1st issue was getting published today (22/12/2010) by IDW Publishing
FIRST LOOK: THE CAPE #1
Joe Hill’s The Cape will arrive in stores on Dec. 22 from IDW Publishing. The issue is written by Joe Hill and Jason Ciaramella, with art and covers by Zach Howard.
Here’s how IDW describes the issue:
« Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom takes a month break in December, but in its place is another Joe Hill extravaganza! This special one-shot takes Hill’s short story from his best-selling short-story collection 20th Century Ghosts and adapts it to comics! The Cape will walk you along the fence of childhood innocence, and then throw you face first into a brick wall. »
Joe Hill’s The Cape will be 32 pages and will cost $3.99.

Cover and excerpts
http://www.cablechronicles.com/2010/12/21/first-look-the-cape-1/

Patrick
12-22-2010, 04:18 PM
"The Cape" is an excellent short story, in my opinion. I pre-ordered the comic book and hope it does Joe's story justice. Looking forward to receiving it as I received the shipping notice email earlier today.

SkippyD023
01-01-2011, 07:54 AM
For those that collect the keys from Skeleton Crew Studio the new Anywhere Key is now available for pre-order along with the Legacy Ghost Key.

http://www.skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/product/nycc-exclusive

Nerak
01-01-2011, 08:03 AM
Dammit...no money! Hopefully they will have some left when I do. Thanks for the heads up!

Randall Flagg
01-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Not being signed by Joe makes it less than interesting to me.

ELazansky
01-01-2011, 08:41 AM
I went ahead and ordered them since I have the Head and Echo Key - I hope he makes a really cool keyring in the future for them

Patrick
01-01-2011, 01:15 PM
I ordered both keys today. I really like them and I'm glad that Gabriel will be signing one of them. He deserves some props!

While some key tags will not be presigned by Joe, I expect that someday he'll come back around this way on a book tour and I'll ask him to sign them then.

CurtSeattle
01-10-2011, 09:25 PM
Took some pics of my Joe Hill stuff while getting a pic of the remarque in my LSOE book. Most everything is limited to 200 or less...though Heart Shaped Box is the 1,300 limited one and the Horns one isn't the 200 limited one...grrrr!! The last little chapbook I got today and is limited to only 150 which is cool. Also I have the #95 reserved of The Very Best of New Horror Limited and Deluxe (which has 20th century ghosts in it) to match #95 that I already have of 20th Century Ghosts. If anyone has any other #95 Joe Hill items, I will trade for my other number stuff. :)

Need to resize the pics! They were mammoth! doh!!

Patrick
01-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Curt, those photos are HUGE. Can you copy them (to save your full resolution originals for yourself) and then resize the copies, then edit to repost to your post.

Thank you so much.

Congrats on your new Joe Hill collectibles!

ELazansky
02-16-2011, 09:02 AM
For my fellow Joe Hill fans, from his website:

"HORNS will be out in trade paperback next month, and to promote it, we’ve cooked up a deal with the devil (hur hur hur). I’m going to sign and doodle a 1,000 bookplates, and while supplies last, you can get yourself one. All you have to do is preorder a copy of the book, and send your proof of purchase to joehill@harpercollins.com with HORNS BOOKPLATE in the subject line. You must also include your MAILING ADDRESS in the email. Only one per household. Satanically easy, right?

What qualifies as proof of purchase? A scan or photo of a receipt works. Or, if you order from an online retailer, just forward your receipt from them. If you have safety concerns, feel free to delete any personal info from your receipt (although neither Amazon or Barnes & Noble include your credit card info in their receipts, so there’s not a lot to worry about there – they do include mailing addresses, but of course you have to provide that anyway). Hell, we’d probably accept a photo of you standing next to a bookseller, the dude holding your money, and grinning. That’s all there is to it.

Thanks guys and I hope you have fun with muh book.

(Update, 1hr later: Note that for the time being, the bookplate offer only applies to US preorders of the HarperCollins Trade Paperback of HORNS. But if I can arrange a similar deal for the Gollancz/Orion paperback, I will.)"

Patrick
02-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Very cool of Joe. Thanks for the alert, Eric.

My concern with preordering is that the big booksellers don't pack well for shipping and you're never guaranteed to received a first printing. Hmm.

Gris
02-16-2011, 10:57 AM
I wonder if I qualify. Either way, I sent a receipt. Thanks for the heads-up ELazansky.

Patrick, weird thing is that the book is due for release 3/8, but my internal order says in-stock. They're usually not marked in-stock for us until they actually release.

MLG
02-16-2011, 11:01 AM
My understanding is that the bookplate is going to be sent from the publisher. If the book you receive from the preorder is not acceptable, for any reason you can return it and apply the bookplate to a book that you purchase as well. Joe also stated that it can be a preorder from a local bookseller. I actually tried to order from Powell's since I go to the store frequently but they did not have the paperback available for preorder yet. I am actually debating not putting it in the book at all. I got a pair of horns from Joe at his Powell's reading and he signed them. I may frame the horns with the bookplate. I will decide when I see the actual item.

MLG
02-16-2011, 11:04 AM
Gris - Make sure the book you ordered is the Trade Paperback. Barnes & Noble had a paperback listed as in stock and another listed as available for preorder. It states that to qualify you need to order the Trade Paperback from the publisher running the promotion. I believe the Europe paperback is already out and will not qualify.

Gris
02-16-2011, 11:10 AM
MLG, I work for the publisher running the promotion. Hence why I'm not sure if I even qualify.

Stockerlone
02-16-2011, 11:15 AM
.... only applies to US preorders :angry:

ELazansky
02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Gris - Make sure the book you ordered is the Trade Paperback. Barnes & Noble had a paperback listed as in stock and another listed as available for preorder. It states that to qualify you need to order the Trade Paperback from the publisher running the promotion. I believe the Europe paperback is already out and will not qualify.

The one B&N has "in-stock" is the Large Print paperback. I pre-ordered the other one and sent in that receipt as proof

Gris
02-16-2011, 01:33 PM
y'all want to make sure you are ordering ISBN13 # 9780061147968

MLG
02-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Joe announced today that he would write 6 short stories on 6 of the bookplates.

From His website:
So far I’ve doodled and scribbled on about 200 and am having waaaay too much fun with this damned thing. Decided to write 6 short stories about the devil on 6 of these bookplates. No idea who will get ‘em. 40-word short stories are amoooosing. I’ve got one written so far, and the second one figured out.

They haven’t all been ordered up yet, so if you’re in the market for a doodled devil bookplate, see the post directly below.

Tito_Villa
02-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Wow that cool, shame im in the UK :(

east-tennessee
02-17-2011, 09:20 PM
I ordered one from Amazon & e-mailed the reciept, mabey I'll get lucky :cool:

different_seasons
02-18-2011, 05:16 AM
Ordered! The Walking Dead season 1 DVD releases the same day so I got that too. I also included this pic!-

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b64/different_seasons/100_1031-1.jpg

Merlin1958
02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Here's a nice item for all you Joe Hill fans!!!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?12094-2011-Fundraiser-Auction-Item-11-Joe-Hill-Signed-Heart-Shaped-Box-With-Custom-Case

Now go forth & Bid!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Brian James Freeman
02-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Here's a nice item for all you Joe Hill fans!!!!!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?12094-2011-Fundraiser-Auction-Item-11-Joe-Hill-Signed-Heart-Shaped-Box-With-Custom-Case

Now go forth & Bid!!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very cool!

Brian

Merlin1958
02-28-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm kinda surprised you guys didn't go after Auction Item No. 11!!!!

Signed Joe Hill, "Heart Shaped Box" in a beautifully crafted, wooden traycase!!!

Oh well................................

thegreattim
03-06-2011, 03:40 PM
New Joe Hill (introduction) signed limited edition from PS Pubs:

From the newsletter:

Point #3 : we're accepting orders for our sumptuous Archives series of the pre-comics code horror comics put out in the early 1950s by Harvey Comics. The first volume ( the first seven issues of Chamber of Chills ) features an introduction from Joe Hill and runs to just one thousand copies: 26 lettered traycased copies signed by Joe and featuring a special piece of commissioned artwork from Glenn Chadbourne, signed by Glenn (£249.99); 300 slipcased copies signed by just Joe (£84.99); and 674 bookstore copies (£24.99) -- postage will be £7.99 UK and £9.99 rest of the world.

http://i1.createsend2.com/ei/y/64/EA4/4DF/023820/csimport/joe-hill-chamber-chills_10.jpg

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/books/ps-art-books/harvey-horrors-collected-works-chamber-of-chills-vol-1-with-foreword-by-joe-hill

Tito_Villa
03-06-2011, 03:45 PM
not sure im that botherd by this as there isn't any real Hill work, he's just signing it ... cool artwork though!

thegreattim
03-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I wasn't going to jump on this either, not for $140, anyway. Though I figure there are some here who will.

Patrick
03-06-2011, 04:19 PM
I may decide to spring for the slipcased signed copy, but no way I would pay so much for the Lettered.

Randall Flagg
03-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Thoughts on the Lettered for £249.99?
Ouch!

Nerak
03-07-2011, 04:25 PM
thoughts on contacting Glenn and seeing if he is going to do prints of that Joe picture?!?!?!

Patrick
03-08-2011, 09:10 AM
I like your thinking, Karen!

Jerome, yes, ouch.

ELazansky
03-08-2011, 11:24 AM
I agree...ouch. I love Joe, but his signature is EVERYWHERE. I guess the die-hard Hill fan must have any edition signed by him...

biomieg
03-08-2011, 11:36 AM
I agree...ouch. I love Joe, but his signature is EVERYWHERE. I guess the die-hard Hill fan must have any edition signed by him...

Yeah, even I have two (or three?) signed Hill books and I'm not a die-hard Hill collector, nor am I a collector of signed books in general.