PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hill, Author

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34

ELazansky
08-11-2020, 11:27 AM
I'm considering selling most of my Joe Hill books. I really don't know what the market value is, so I will put these out here and if you're interested, send me offers via DM and maybe we can make a deal. I have some minimum prices in my head, but I will have to see what the market shows me. In the end, I might decide to keep them. We'll see...

Looking Glass #1 - Letter C of 26 copies (I know this one is NOT easy to find)
The Land at the End of the Working Day by Peter Crowther - Letter AV of 52 copies
Four Ghosts - #286 of 656
A Carnivale of Horror - #112 of 200
Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2 - #242 of 250

cit74
08-11-2020, 05:45 PM
just got my full throttle and the sig page is actually pretty good - nothing cut off

Dolan
08-12-2020, 10:29 AM
Ugh. Some disappointing news from Letterpress about 20th Century Ghosts.

because Vincent Sammy lives in South Africa and their postal system was restricted to only medical supplies for the last few months, he wasn’t able to sign the signature sheets for the Limited Edition. We waited as long as we could, but it just wasn’t possible.

To add:

Because I already knew the print run for this edition back in February, I went ahead and sent the signature sheets to Vincent Sammy in South Africa then and he signed them before the mail service situation changed. That means this edition will be signed by Joe Hill, Christopher Golden, and Vincent Sammy as planned.

So numbered won't be signed by the artist - but the lettered will. That's kind of a bummer.

The good news is The signed and slipcased Limited Edition hardcover of 20th Century Ghosts by Joe Hill has been sent to the printer!

Full announcement here (https://letterpresspublications.com/august-2020-production-updates/?utm_source=mailpoet&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=updates-on-revival-and-20th-century-ghosts_11)

daniel_pyle
08-14-2020, 09:38 PM
Just ordered the lettered anniversary edition of 20th Century Ghosts and I couldn't be more stoked. It's my all-time favorite collection, and this will be my first lettered book. :excited:

MarcoL
08-14-2020, 10:23 PM
Just ordered the lettered anniversary edition of 20th Century Ghosts and I couldn't be more stoked. It's my all-time favorite collection, and this will be my first lettered book. :excited:

Congrats!

Brian861
08-15-2020, 09:13 AM

That's awesome! You won't be disappointed. Revival is gorgeous from LLP. Surprised there was any available this late in the game.

daniel_pyle
08-15-2020, 09:35 AM

Congrats!

Thanks!

That's awesome! You won't be disappointed. Revival is gorgeous from LLP. Surprised there was any available this late in the game.

I WISH it was the Letterpress edition. This is the PS Publishing anniversary edition. I do have the LP limited edition pre-ordered, and I'm very excited about that. The Revival limited is one of my most gorgeous books (actually, I think I can pretty safely say THE most gorgeous), but it's also one of my least favorite King novels, so it's kind of bittersweet. With 20th Century Ghosts, it'll be exciting all around.

Brian861
08-15-2020, 09:43 AM

Congrats!

Thanks!

I WISH it was the Letterpress edition. This is the PS Publishing anniversary edition. I do have the LLP limited edition pre-ordered, and I'm very excited about that. The Revival limited is one of my most gorgeous books (actually, I think I can pretty safely say THE most gorgeous), but it's also one of my least favorite King novels, so it's kind of bittersweet. With 20th Century Ghosts, it'll be exciting all around.

Ah, gotcha. Didn't realize there was such a thing. I no longer get newsletters from PS and never heard back from them on a possible fix.

Ben Eads
08-17-2020, 02:19 PM
Anyone have a 1st edition/1st printing of the trade hardcover edition of Joe Hill's NOS4A2 in fine condition for sale? Just looking for a regular copy. Not signed or doodled. Just looking for a copy to display. PM me if interested.

Found a copy. Yay!

Dolan
08-18-2020, 03:39 PM

Are these still for sale somewhere?

Ben Eads
08-18-2020, 07:18 PM
I'm still kicking myself in the arse for not buying the signed limited run of 20th Century Ghosts. Hopefully I can find a copy down the road.

Ben Eads
08-18-2020, 07:18 PM

Good question. I'd love to buy a signed limited edition. =)

daniel_pyle
08-18-2020, 07:57 PM

Not that I know of. I got mine from Betts.

GenericEric
08-18-2020, 09:02 PM
I'm still kicking myself in the arse for not buying the signed limited run of 20th Century Ghosts. Hopefully I can find a copy down the road.

Overlook Connection and Bad Moon books still have it for the original retail price.

https://overlookconnection.com/catalog/20th-century-ghosts-signed-limited-p-8130.html

https://www.badmoonbooks.com/product.php?productid=4230

Unless you're talking about PS Publishing edition.

Dolan
08-19-2020, 09:03 AM

Yeah if anyone has a leg up on where I can find the lettered edition.... hi. :)

daniel_pyle
08-19-2020, 09:39 AM

Congrats!

Yeah if anyone has a leg up on where I can find the lettered edition.... hi. :)

Are you looking for the Lividian edition or the PS Publishing edition? I just saw that Camelot has the PS lettered (although for substantially more than the last few copies I've seen).

Ricky
08-19-2020, 02:22 PM
Has anyone tried to put a mylar cover on Full Throttle? Does it fit in the slipcase or is it tight?

cit74
08-21-2020, 05:05 AM
Has anyone tried to put a mylar cover on Full Throttle? Does it fit in the slipcase or is it tight?
Fits fine w cover

Ricky
08-21-2020, 07:32 AM
Thanks.

mikeC
08-24-2020, 03:04 PM
So these Hill House comics are actually volume length (150 pages) stories?
I had no idea. I thought they were each and 20 pages and done. I'm pretty excited to read them now.
Has anyone been reading these? Any good?

Brian861
08-24-2020, 04:39 PM
I had no idea. I thought they were each and 20 pages and done. I'm pretty excited to read them now.

I think they'll all well written.

BigJoeHillfan
08-25-2020, 05:47 AM

I have read them all except Plunge and liked most of them. Basket Full of Heads, and Dollhouse Family were the best, then Daphne Byrne, and Low Low Woods in that order. Just my 2 cents

Cwalker
09-15-2020, 06:11 AM
From the Skelton Crew FB post...

STARTING THIS WEDNESDAY 6pm EST: The Joe Hill 2020 Charity Event!

@joe_hill thinned out his personal library and signed hundreds of comics and a handful of books with the proceeds going to @DonorsChoose!

Head over to https://skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/ and get ready!

webstar1000
09-15-2020, 06:18 AM
Interested in a Subpress lettered Full Throttle.... If you are selling... hit me up!

Alec
09-15-2020, 07:22 AM
Interesting comment from Camelot Books, posted recently:

“Just to set the record straight, we put in our newsletter that we are willing to purchase mint copies of the lettered Full Throttle for $3,600 shipped to us. And in addition, based upon the number of entries into our Lottery we could have sold all 26 copies of the lettered and that is even if multiple people changed their mind if they won the chance to purchase a copy”

Seems like the post in my collection thread was not far away.

MarcoL
09-16-2020, 03:38 AM

“Just to set the record straight, we put in our newsletter that we are willing to purchase mint copies of the lettered Full Throttle for $3,600 shipped to us. And in addition, based upon the number of entries into our Lottery we could have sold all 26 copies of the lettered and that is even if multiple people changed their mind if they won the chance to purchase a copy”

I understand Camelot auctioned a copy of the lettered Full Throttle and it sold for $ 4500 !!!
Of course Stephen King’s surprise signature adds to the value but am totally baffled the value has tripled

webstar1000
09-16-2020, 03:40 AM

I understand Camelot auctioned a copy of the lettered Full Throttle and it sold for $ 4500 !!!
Of course Stephen King’s surprise signature adds to the value but am totally baffled the value has tripled

They had two copies yes. One was sold last night for $3750 on the Rare King Group. So value is up there for sure... For now... Id be shocked if it stayed for long this high BUT i have been surprised before. lol

Roseannebarr
09-16-2020, 12:33 PM

I would pay $3750 for a copy! Anybody have one for sale? Thank You!

swintek
09-19-2020, 10:28 PM
As I keep saying- the numbered edition is one of the nicest books published in recent years. I would imagine that the lettered (with King's signature) would make this one of the most sought-after Uber Books, certainly of Hill's. But, folks- get a numbered- it's killer.

Brian861
09-20-2020, 10:13 AM
As I keep saying- the numbered edition is one of the nicest books published in recent years. I would imagine that the lettered (with King's signature) would make this one of the most sought-after Uber Books, certainly of Hill's. But, folks- get a numbered- it's killer.

Agreed.

louis2003b
09-20-2020, 02:51 PM
I have Letter A Heart Shaped Box by Subpress 1/15 I would like to trade for Suntup Lettered edition of HOHH, RB, RD, Neuromancer or Full Throttle Lettered by Subpress Im open to any trade offers but those are the main titles I’m looking for at the moment. Please PM me if interested.

kingfan2323
09-28-2020, 08:22 PM
NOSFA2 IDW s/l $350

P.P F.F - shipping included in the U.S

International shipping at cost

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kingfan2323
09-30-2020, 09:13 PM
Price change!

NOSFA2 IDW s/l $325 SOLD SOLD SOLD

P.P F.F - shipping included in the U.S

International shipping at cost

frik
10-17-2020, 01:29 AM
Anyone know what the lettered IDW Joe Hill NOS4A2 is going for these days?
Looking to sell.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thank you.

sk

amd013
10-19-2020, 01:21 PM
Hi All,

I rarely follow this thread, so pardon me for being lazy and not going back to read all 8K posts in this thread.

I have been giving thought about starting collecting Joe Hill. I have already started reading him as a fan. (read The Fireman, Nos4a2, Horns, 20th Century Gosts, and now the Joe Hill double issue of Cemetary Dance magazine). Will eventually get to his other books.

In the mean time I have dipped my toes* into collecting, but before I jump into the pool, and would like to get a feel for how deep and warm it is. Is there a resource where I can find out all there is out there? I.E something like the "catalog" and with price estimates.

Also would like to know about all the comics and graphic novels out there.

*(Have Numbered and Age Horns from Suntup, signed Fireman, Sub Numbered Full Throttle, Lividen Gift and Lettered 20th Century Ghosts and limited ed Joe Hill double issue of Cemetary Dance).

Thanks in advance for any pointers and advice to (potential) new Hill collector.

EDIT: after submitting this post, it occured to me to check post #1 in this thread, and sure enough a lot of info I am looking for is there, but I think there is still more info I would like, like price estimates (similar to what is on stephenkingcollector.com). Also more info on the graphic novels. (not sure I want to "collect" them per-se, but would perhaps like some nice comprehensive omnibus versions).

Joe315
10-19-2020, 05:45 PM
MarcoL has a bibliographic site. http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Not sure on a centralized location for price estimates.

Brian861
10-19-2020, 05:50 PM

It's the best Hill collecting source IMO. No current values so you'll probably need to check here for opinions. Marco does list the publish price on most of the entries.

You can definitely fall down the rabbit hole as far as the comics and all the variants. I highly recommend that you read Locke & Key. There are several ways to go about it without purchasing everything under the sun. Welcome to the Hillions!

amd013
10-20-2020, 12:59 PM

It's the best Hill collecting source IMO. No current values so you'll probably need to check here for opinions. Marco does list the publish price on most of the entries.

You can definitely fall down the rabbit hole as far as the comics and all the variants. I highly recommend that you read Locke & Key. There are several ways to go about it without purchasing everything under the sun. Welcome to the Hillions!

LOL to Hillions! Is that an official title?

Regarding Locke & Key, been watching the series on Netflix, watched 6 episodes or so so far. As far as comics go, will probably just go for a comprehensive collection but not based on variants (its why I quit collecting comics in the 90's), will probably stick to graphic novel collections of the series (which is what I did with the SK dark tower and stand comics)

Thanks for the pointer to the site it is very helpful.

Br!an
10-20-2020, 01:02 PM

Regarding Locke & Key, been watching the series on Netflix, watched 6 episodes or so so far. As far as comics go, will probably just go for a comprehensive collection but not based on variants (its why I quit collecting comics in the 90's), will probably stick to graphic novel collections of the series (which is what I did with the SK dark tower and stand comics)

Marco's site is helpful. Marco is also very helpful if you have any questions about JH. He's happy to share what he knows.

Brian861
10-20-2020, 08:46 PM

I first saw the phrase Hillions or it may be spelled Hillons on a Hill fans FB page.

Good idea as far as the comics. The source material is much better than the show.

MarcoL
10-21-2020, 08:51 AM

Appreciate the shout-out !

cheers brother!!

Marco's site is helpful. Marco is also very helpful if you have any questions about JH. He's happy to share what he knows.

Thanks!!

jsweet
10-30-2020, 05:28 PM
Numbered edition of Suntup's Horns for $500 on eBay (but no photo of signature page)

Joe Hill Horns Suntup Press (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FJoe-Hill-Horns-Suntup-Press%2F184513707164&campid=5338735795&toolid=10001&customid=)

Brian861
10-30-2020, 10:04 PM
Numbered edition of Suntup's Horns for $500 on eBay (but no photo of signature page)

Joe Hill Horns Suntup Press (https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2FJoe-Hill-Horns-Suntup-Press%2F184513707164&campid=5338735795&toolid=10001&customid=)

That was a helluva deal. Good thing I wasn't around at the time. I'd be short $500 bucks.

Garrell
10-31-2020, 03:48 AM

That was a helluva deal. Good thing I wasn't around at the time. I'd be short $500 bucks.
I would have been also

herbertwest
10-31-2020, 04:58 AM
‘I spooked myself right before bedtime’: authors on their scariest creations

With Joe Hill and Neil Gaiman
=> https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/oct/30/i-let-the-fear-expand-authors-on-their-scariest-creations-halloween-neil-gaiman-lauren-beukes-joe-hill?CMP=share_btn_tw

kingfan2323
11-04-2020, 11:56 PM
Episode 92 of the podcast Post Mortem with Mick Garris features Joe Hill as his guest.

frik
11-05-2020, 06:37 AM
Now this looks mighty tempting.....Except for the price....:cry:

sk

https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/full-throttlejeitysmit

webstar1000
11-05-2020, 07:22 AM
Now this looks mighty tempting.....Except for the price....:cry:

sk

https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/full-throttlejeitysmit

There has been two sell on Rare King group for about $3500... $5500 just boggles my mind.

Ben Eads
11-07-2020, 01:13 PM
Thanks in advance!

How much is the signed numbered limited edition of Joe Hill's The Fireman worth in mint condition? It's the one published by PS Publishing.

Cwalker
11-07-2020, 01:55 PM
Thanks in advance!

How much is the signed numbered limited edition of Joe Hill's The Fireman worth in mint condition? It's the one published by PS Publishing.

Their were two sales in October on Ebay.

Oct 2020
PS Publishing S/L $135.00
PS Publishing S/L $110.00

Ben Eads
11-07-2020, 02:03 PM
Thanks in advance!

Oct 2020

Thank you so much! =)

GenericEric
11-07-2020, 02:32 PM
I bought mine from Camelot Books for $100.

Not too often will it dip below $100. Over the past few months it seems to be in the $100-$130 range.

Brian861
11-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Thanks in advance!

Oct 2020

Thank you so much! =)

Paid $75 for mine but that's been a few years ago. I guess these prices are the norm now.

Cwalker
11-07-2020, 05:23 PM
Thanks in advance!

Oct 2020

Thank you so much! =)

Paid $75 for mine but that's been a few years ago. I guess these prices are the norm now.

As it happens, one went today on ebay for $76. Ya never know!

GenericEric
11-07-2020, 05:31 PM
Thanks in advance!

Oct 2020

Thank you so much! =)

As it happens, one went today on ebay for $76. Ya never know!

That seems to be the case when it's just a straight auction instead of a fixed price. You never how auctions like that will play out.

Brian861
11-07-2020, 11:21 PM
As with anything; patience can pay off. Or cost less :)

Ben Eads
11-08-2020, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the insight everyone! =)

herbertwest
11-15-2020, 06:47 AM
Mike is selling off his Joe Hill collection

More details => https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?23087-JOE-HILL-FOR-SALE!&p=1222903#post1222903

Brian861
11-15-2020, 08:19 PM
Mike is selling off his Joe Hill collection

More details => https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?23087-JOE-HILL-FOR-SALE!&p=1222903#post1222903

Thanks, Jeremy, reached out.

Brian James Freeman
11-23-2020, 07:50 PM
Just posted an update on 20th Century Ghosts, which includes some photos of the "folded and gathered" stage. Here's the link: https://lividian.com/november-2020-production-updates/

https://i1.wp.com/lividian.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/20CGFandG3.jpg?w=500&ssl=1

Brian

MarcoL
11-23-2020, 11:12 PM
Just posted an update on 20th Century Ghosts, which includes some photos of the "folded and gathered" stage. Here's the link: https://lividian.com/november-2020-production-updates/

https://i1.wp.com/lividian.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/20CGFandG3.jpg?w=500&ssl=1

Brian

Awesome stuff! Thanks for sharing Brian!

Brian861
11-25-2020, 06:55 PM
Really looking forward to this Lettered!

Brian861
11-25-2020, 06:56 PM
NOS4A2, Joe Hill, Rare set of U.S. and U.K. ARCs (https://www.ebay.com/itm/154207965994)

ELazansky
11-28-2020, 12:14 PM
Any thoughts on the current values of signed copies (with the publisher tipped-in pages) of Horns, NOS4A2, and The Fireman? I'm trying to clear off some shelf space and I'm slowly getting rid of my Hill books. Thanks.

MarcoL
11-29-2020, 09:00 AM
Looking for a Merrin’s Cross cube released by Suntup. Please drop me a note if you can help out!

Hunchback Jack
11-29-2020, 10:54 AM
How much is a CD Fireman slipcase worth? I have one I’m thinking of selling, with a signed first thrown in.

The signed first is not the cemetery dance signed edition, with the special tipped in page, to be clear. It’s just a regular signed first, available from an independent bookstore on day of release.

Cwalker
11-30-2020, 10:43 AM
How much is a CD Fireman slipcase worth? I have one I’m thinking of selling, with a signed first thrown in.

The signed first is not the cemetery dance signed edition, with the special tipped in page, to be clear. It’s just a regular signed first, available from an independent bookstore on day of release.

The only signed 1/1 Fireman that has been sold on ebay in the last 2 months went for $31. Seems like a good deal as I would put one at closer to $50 if F/F. I have not bought a CD slipcase in a while but i believe they are usually $30. I would put it out there at $100 or best offer and not go lower than $80. Just my .02.

Hunchback Jack
11-30-2020, 01:38 PM
Thanks! That's very helpful.

Brian861
11-30-2020, 02:49 PM
VOLUNTARY COMMITTAL, Joe Hill, Rare Signed Chapbook #142, Subterranean Press (https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLUNTARY-COMMITTAL-Joe-Hill-Rare-Signed-Chapbook-142-Subterranean-Press/154220558252?hash=item23e842f7ac:g:K6IAAOSwVJJfxUG c)

Garrell
11-30-2020, 05:10 PM
Might chase that one

Brian861
11-30-2020, 06:04 PM
Might chase that one

It's a CD auction so be prepared to pay highly.

Cwalker
11-30-2020, 06:59 PM
Might chase that one

Last eBay sale was october for $149.99. Will be interesting to see the CD influence on the price.

Brian861
11-30-2020, 07:08 PM
Might chase that one

Last eBay sale was october for $149.99. Will be interesting to see the CD influence on the price.

Thanks for the info, Chris and yes it will be. On the list you're making, do you list CD auctions as an anomaly since they usually go for so much? I can't remember how much I paid for my copy, but it seems way less then $150. It's been a few years removed though.

Garrell
11-30-2020, 08:48 PM
I’m out...

Cwalker
12-01-2020, 08:50 AM
Might chase that one

Thanks for the info, Chris and yes it will be. On the list you're making, do you list CD auctions as an anomaly since they usually go for so much? I can't remember how much I paid for my copy, but it seems way less then $150. It's been a few years removed though.

I am not making any special notes for things like these auctions, A) because they are part of the natural organic price structure, setting honest, if unrealistic highs, and B) I am not THAT dedicated....🙂. I am also not keeping track of unsigned 1/1 (except for 20thCG as there seems to be a subset of those selling for higher prices), paperbacks, anthologies or comics.

As an interesting side note concerning the CD auctions, there were 2 sales of the signed Four Ghosts anthology the other day. They seemed to be similar in all ways but one went for $65 the other for $230.50 Wanna guess which was the CD auction copy?

Brian861
12-01-2020, 01:20 PM
I wish I had some of that CD fairy dust to spread over my auctions for sure!

webstar1000
12-01-2020, 04:42 PM
Looking for a lettered Full Trottle! Need it for my king lettered collection!

Joe315
12-01-2020, 08:56 PM

Camelot has one

webstar1000
12-02-2020, 03:48 AM

Camelot has one

no thanks.... I want one for a realistic price. lol A couple have sold on Rare King for $3000-3500

swintek
12-09-2020, 12:48 PM
Anyone have a current valuation for HSB Subpress Deluxe, 2nd print?

Cwalker
12-09-2020, 12:57 PM

One sold on ebay in october for $91.00.

swintek
12-09-2020, 01:45 PM
Thanks. I already had a first printing when I bought this on a whim, figuring I'd sell it for a decent profit down the road. Jeez, I paid $85 + $5 shipping for it- 13 years ago. "Made" a dollar! I'll put it back in the "Future" Ebay box.

GenericEric
12-09-2020, 02:39 PM

I overpaid for mine a few months back before I knew what and what isn't a good deal for Hill books. I ended paying $200 from Camelot Books.

Although I've got amazing deals for other books as well so I guess it evens out.

swintek
12-09-2020, 04:48 PM
I've certainly done that as well. To be fair, even though $200 is prob on the higher side for this book, $91 is certainly on the "bargain" end. I'll bet the real value is closer to what you paid. Also- it's a beautiful edition. One of my favorites, ever.

GenericEric
12-17-2020, 02:14 PM
https://www.badmoonbooks.com/product.php?productid=4230

Bad Moon Books still has quite a few copies left of 20th Century Ghosts at retail price if you're still looking for a copy.

Brian James Freeman
12-18-2020, 07:19 PM
Posted the December production update for 20th Century Ghosts, including my first photos of each edition:

https://lividian.com/december-production-update-for-20th-century-ghosts/

For those who just want to see the pics, hopefully these aren't too big:

https://i1.wp.com/lividian.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/20CG_photo_0008.jpg?w=600&ssl=1
https://i0.wp.com/lividian.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/20CG_photo_0025.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

Brian

frik
12-18-2020, 11:22 PM
Too big??? Definitely NOT! The quality of both editions comes across loud and clear; can't wait to add both to my collection! :excited:
Thank you for posting, Brian!

sk

MarcoL
12-18-2020, 11:51 PM
Posted the December production update for 20th Century Ghosts, including my first photos of each edition:

https://i1.wp.com/lividian.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/20CG_photo_0008.jpg?w=600&ssl=1
https://i0.wp.com/lividian.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/20CG_photo_0025.jpg?w=600&ssl=1

Brian

Looking awesome, can’t wait to add these beauties to my collection!

Garrell
12-19-2020, 05:01 AM
Knocked it outta the park. Beautiful, can’t wait.

Brian861
12-19-2020, 10:02 PM
The limited is nice but that lettered is freakin' awesome!

Garrell
12-19-2020, 10:19 PM
That lettered is worldly.

Brian861
12-19-2020, 10:22 PM
That lettered is worldly.

Yes, yes it is.

Brian James Freeman
12-22-2020, 11:26 AM
I just posted a special 20th Century Ghosts Limited Edition update. Short version: we're including a previously unannounced signed art print with every copy of the book, regardless of where you placed your order. Here's the link to read the full details if you're interested:

https://lividian.com/20th-century-ghosts-limited-edition-special-bonus-update/

https://i2.wp.com/lividian.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/extraartwork.jpg

Brian

Br!an
12-22-2020, 12:32 PM
Sweet! Nice solution to add his signature.

GenericEric
12-22-2020, 01:56 PM
Wow, that's a nice bonus. Also, this edition will look great next to Revival. :excited:

Patrick
12-22-2020, 02:23 PM
Beautiful!

webstar1000
12-24-2020, 06:05 AM
FOR SALE a very rare Hil proof:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201224/019e25df0808f1f09fd3e516a3080f16.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201224/0896c65f75a6b5c059723022bc96c8af.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201224/e464065ffca6b37a2f2ddf0721f01c58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarcoL
12-24-2020, 10:16 AM
FOR SALE a very rare Hil proof:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201224/019e25df0808f1f09fd3e516a3080f16.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201224/0896c65f75a6b5c059723022bc96c8af.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201224/e464065ffca6b37a2f2ddf0721f01c58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanted to add that this ARC contains some Dave McKean Artwork that’s NOT included in the final product!

Ben Eads
12-24-2020, 05:12 PM

Brian

I can't wait for my copy to arrive! Outstanding!

Johnny Alien
12-30-2020, 05:35 PM
I am looking for a copy of Gunpowder. The ones that are popping up on ebay are priced stupidly.

Found one. Thanks!

Cwalker
12-31-2020, 10:59 AM
I am looking for a copy of Gunpowder. The ones that are popping up on ebay are priced stupidly.

These are the ones i have seen since i started tracking some of the selling prices of Joe’s stuff and yeah, they are all over the place. And judging by the ISBN numbers they all seem to be the 1/500 editions.

Dec 2020
PS Pub 1/500 $90.00
PS Pub 1/500 $110.00

Oct 2020
PS Pub 1/500 $75.00
PS Pub 1/500 Fine $42.00

Brian861
12-31-2020, 01:28 PM

These are the ones i have seen since i started tracking some of the selling prices of Joe’s stuff and yeah, they are all over the place. And judging by the ISBN numbers they all seem to be the 1/500 editions.

Dec 2020
PS Pub 1/500 $90.00
PS Pub 1/500 $110.00

Oct 2020
PS Pub 1/500 $75.00
PS Pub 1/500 Fine $42.00

Those seems awful high for the 1/500 edition. I haven't had the need to search it out lately either though. I wouldn't go much above the $42.00 price personally for that edition.

Br!an
12-31-2020, 01:44 PM

Dec 2020
PS Pub 1/500 $90.00
PS Pub 1/500 $110.00

Oct 2020
PS Pub 1/500 $75.00
PS Pub 1/500 Fine $42.00

Those seems awful high for the 1/500 edition. I haven't had the need to search it out lately either though. I wouldn't go much above the $42.00 price personally for that edition.

It seems they are not often available. That will drive up the price.

Brian861
12-31-2020, 01:50 PM
Makes sense.

Cwalker
12-31-2020, 02:08 PM

Dec 2020
PS Pub 1/500 $90.00
PS Pub 1/500 $110.00

Oct 2020
PS Pub 1/500 $75.00
PS Pub 1/500 Fine $42.00

This assumes that the ISBN number listed in the info section of each listing is accurate for the unsigned 1/500 and not just a “one size fits all” option. None of them listed a slipcase so i dont think they were any of the 1/200 editions. Also none were listed as signed so not the 1/300 edition. My guess would be new collectors not doing their homework and thinking $75+ is standard.

Ben Eads
01-03-2021, 03:07 PM
Hey, gang!

I've noticed that 1st editions of Joe Hill's novels go for under $100, sometimes under $50 on ebay. Take a first trade hardcover edition of 20th Century Ghosts for instance. I've seen that go for anywhere between $30 to $90, in mint condition. How long does everyone think it will take for these to go up in value? I would have thought that his first two books would be worth more now.

Scoogs
01-03-2021, 04:31 PM
Hey, gang!

I've noticed that 1st editions of Joe Hill's novels go for under $100, sometimes under $50 on ebay. Take a first trade hardcover edition of 20th Century Ghosts for instance. I've seen that go for anywhere between $30 to $90, in mint condition. How long does everyone think it will take for these to go up in value? I would have thought that his first two books would be worth more now.

I think it's like baseball cards in the '90s. Everyone bought them expecting them to be worth big bucks so there's no shortage of supply.

Ben Eads
01-03-2021, 06:39 PM
Hey, gang!

I think it's like baseball cards in the '90s. Everyone bought them expecting them to be worth big bucks so there's not shortage of supply.

True. That makes sense.

MarcoL
01-04-2021, 01:59 PM
If you’re looking for a lettered copy of 20th Century Ghosts, check out https://sstpublications.co.uk/20th-century-ghosts-lettered.html

Joe315
01-04-2021, 02:07 PM
Hey, gang!

I think it's like baseball cards in the '90s. Everyone bought them expecting them to be worth big bucks so there's not shortage of supply.

True. That makes sense.

They also made tons of them so there aren't really any rare ones from that period.

Brian James Freeman
01-04-2021, 02:23 PM
If you’re looking for a lettered copy of 20th Century Ghosts, check out https://sstpublications.co.uk/20th-century-ghosts-lettered.html

Please show Paul some love! Free UK Shipping! And he also has some copies of the Limited Edition headed his way. :)

Brian

GenericEric
01-04-2021, 02:26 PM
SST is one of my favorite publishers right now. Paul and his team do a lot of great work.

Brian861
01-04-2021, 02:36 PM

Please show Paul some love! Free UK Shipping! And he also has some copies of the Limited Edition headed his way. :)

Brian

And you'll have future rights as well according to the text.

Brian861
01-04-2021, 03:04 PM
Hey, gang!

True. That makes sense.

Add to this the fact he signs everything in existence.

:deadhorse:

Brian861
01-04-2021, 03:06 PM
VOLUNTARY COMMITTAL, Joe Hill, Rare Subterranean Press Chapbook, #145 Signed (https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLUNTARY-COMMITTAL-Joe-Hill-Rare-Subterranean-Press-Chapbook-145-Signed/154276482667?hash=item23eb984e6b:g:9DEAAOSw-u9f8zoZ)

HE IS LEGEND, Signed By Stephen King & Joe Hill, #747 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/HE-IS-LEGEND-Signed-By-Stephen-King-Joe-Hill-747/154276580295?hash=item23eb99cbc7:g:um8AAOSwK8Nf80f V)

Brian James Freeman
01-04-2021, 04:08 PM
SST is one of my favorite publishers right now. Paul and his team do a lot of great work.

YES. Not to get off topic for the thread, but SST really is under appreciated. The quality is great and the prices are terrific.

Brian

Brian861
01-04-2021, 04:25 PM

YES. Not to get off topic for the thread, but SST really is under appreciated. The quality is great and the prices are terrific.

Brian

Paul's production of the Gwendy books is outstanding.

Garrell
01-05-2021, 06:27 AM
Big fan of SST here

GenericEric
01-18-2021, 09:16 PM
For Sale: Heart-Shaped Box Deluxe Edition 2nd Printing from Subterranean Press. ***$170***

PM if interested. PayPal F&F. Price includes shipping within US. International shipping at cost. SOLD

Brian861
01-20-2021, 11:15 AM
These are extra comics if anyone is interested:

Clockworks #2
Clockworks #4
Clockworks #5
Clockworks #5 RI
Omega #2
Omega #4
Omega #5
Alpha #2 Cover E

GenericEric
02-04-2021, 04:16 PM
For Sale: Full Throttle Subterranean Press Limited Edition #227. Signed by Hill and the artist Dave McKean. ***$250***

Brand New unread condition. PM if interested. PayPal F&F. Price includes shipping within US. International shipping at cost. SOLD

webstar1000
02-05-2021, 05:10 AM
I bought a Full Throttle Lettered... and it was lost in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( The seller is a stand up Kat and refunded me so I AM IN THE MARKET. I paid $3750 for it and would offer that for anyone that wants to move their copy!! Thanks

Br!an
02-05-2021, 05:51 AM
I bought a Full Throttle Lettered... and it was lost in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( The seller is a stand up Kat and refunded me so I AM IN THE MARKET. I paid $3750 for it and would offer that for anyone that wants to move their copy!! Thanks

Hopefully it turns up eventually. What number was it that was lost?

Bev Vincent
02-05-2021, 10:38 AM
Joe has a new short story in the forthcoming MWA anthology When a Stranger Comes to Town, edited by my pal Michael Koryta. It's called "Last Fare."

Brian861
02-08-2021, 02:17 PM
Boskone 58 Hill Schedule (https://sites.grenadine.co/sites/boskone/en/boskone-58/person/28097/Joe%20Hill)

GenericEric
02-08-2021, 02:37 PM
Boskone 58 Hill Schedule (https://sites.grenadine.co/sites/boskone/en/boskone-58/person/28097/Joe%20Hill)

He'll be joined with Joe Abercrombie on the 13th. Big fan of Abercrombie. That should be good.

frik
02-19-2021, 02:33 AM
Wow! Absolutely LOVE this Lividian Press Hill lettered.
Arrived this morning - can't stop drooling.....

sk

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/owiCoD.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/cznLOf.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/922/QV5nOc.jpg

webstar1000
02-19-2021, 05:08 AM

It was a lettered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Letter Y:(

amd013
02-19-2021, 04:40 PM

It was a lettered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Letter Y:(

Hi Kris, was it letter YY? I own letter Y (by request to match some of my CD SK Lettered editions). I just double checked and it is letter Y.

EDIT: never mind, I was confused since your post was under a picture of 20th Century Ghost, I thought you were refereing to that, but see up thread you were refering to Full Throttle.

Anubis2347
02-20-2021, 07:01 AM
If anyone is interested I have a set of Joe Hill 1st/1st edition all signed up for sale.
Nos4a2
Heart Shaped Box
Horns
The fireman
Strange Weather
Full Throttle
20th Century Ghosts

All books are in Like New unread condition and the dust jackets are in mylar covers.
They are all also in aftermarket slipcase.

If interested please message me your offer. Pics available upon request.

jon10g
02-20-2021, 10:15 AM
Great art in your copy!

Wow! Absolutely LOVE this Lividian Press Hill lettered.
Arrived this morning - can't stop drooling.....

sk

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/owiCoD.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/924/cznLOf.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/922/QV5nOc.jpg

Brian861
02-26-2021, 12:04 PM
Below retail:

Joe Hill 20th CENTURY GHOSTS Signed Limited Edition NEW (https://www.ebay.com/itm/303881381404?_trksid=p11021.c100851.m5053&_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26 ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170803121420%26meid%3D794572e269d f4230ba341d6840be989b%26pid%3D100851%26rk%3D2%26rk t%3D4%26mehot%3Dnone%26b%3D1%26sd%3D184681937476%2 6itm%3D303881381404%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D110 21%26algv%3DDefaultOrganic&ul_noapp=true)

Anubis2347
02-26-2021, 06:32 PM
I know this is a long shot but does anyone have either of the limited editions of Nos4a2 that they might be willing to work out a trade for.

For trade:
Various books by king
Folio society books
Books by George RR Martin
Easton press
Name of the Wind Anniversary edition

If so please PM me.

fitomad
03-02-2021, 03:47 AM
Here's an interview with "Full Throttle" spanish translator Pilar Ramírez Tello

https://lectoresconstantes.com/2021/03/02/entrevista-a-pilar-ramirez-tello/

Brian861
03-10-2021, 01:51 PM
Locke And Key Softcover Paperback Slipcase SEALED (https://www.ebay.com/itm/353414211607?ul_noapp=true)

MarcoL
03-25-2021, 01:21 PM
For those looking for the collected Sea Dogs, it’s included in an upcoming Hill House Comics boxset https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/692439/hill-house-box-set-by-joe-hill/9781779512215/

daniel_pyle
03-25-2021, 01:52 PM
For those looking for the collected Sea Dogs, it’s included in an upcoming Hill House Comics boxset https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/692439/hill-house-box-set-by-joe-hill/9781779512215/

I hope they’ll make it available separately too. I’ve already bought all the other collections.

Garrell
03-25-2021, 01:55 PM
Agree, but if I have to...

Brian861
03-28-2021, 03:21 PM
Agree, but if I have to...

I'll definitely have to.

daniel_pyle
03-28-2021, 03:38 PM
I have the original individual issues, so I can probably convince myself to wait and hope for a stand-alone edition…

Ehh, who am I kidding?

Brian861
03-29-2021, 04:12 AM
I have the original individual issues, so I can probably convince myself to wait and hope for a stand-alone edition…

Ehh, who am I kidding?

King stuff can be pricy but all the Hill stuff adds up really quickly if you have to have it all, like me :blush:

jon10g
04-09-2021, 12:45 PM
Glad I don’t collect comics any more!

‘All 22 covers to Locke & Key / The Sandman Universe: Hell & Gone #1’

Brian861
04-09-2021, 07:56 PM
Glad I don’t collect comics any more!

‘All 22 covers to Locke & Key / The Sandman Universe: Hell & Gone #1’

It gets out of hand quickly but I'm still a sucker for 'em all.

jon10g
04-12-2021, 02:27 AM
I used to be but managed to kick the habit!

Ben Eads
05-01-2021, 06:18 PM
Anyone have a slipcase made by CD for Hill's Full Throttle for sale? PM me if you do. =)

Hunchback Jack
05-17-2021, 04:00 PM
Someone’s selling a Heart Shaped Box SubPress PC lettered in the FB King group. $3200 shipped.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1884229755159861/permalink/2798020803780747/?sale_post_id=2798020803780747

GenericEric
05-17-2021, 08:38 PM
Someone’s selling a Heart Shaped Box SubPress PC lettered in the FB King group. $3200 shipped.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1884229755159861/permalink/2798020803780747/?sale_post_id=2798020803780747

I just read the story behind that edition that someone posted. Originally there was supposed to be 15 lettered copies but 6 of them were destroyed somehow so there's only 9 lettered in existence.

Not sure how many PC of that edition there are, but I doubt there's many out there. That's a great price for that one though.

amd013
05-20-2021, 01:08 PM
Price check on various editions of Heart shaped box:

US 1st/1st
Sub Press Signed Limited Deluxe (#1-200)
Sub Press Signed Limited (#201-500)
Sub Press Signed Limited Deluxe 2nd printing
Sub Press Signed Limited 2nd printing
Golancz Signed Limited (UK)

Thanks,
Mike

PS looking to buy all the above, so if you are looking to sell, pm me

Cwalker
05-20-2021, 07:40 PM

US 1st/1st

Thanks,
Mike

Here is my non-comprehensive list of sales on ebay, FB, and other reported sales.

US Hardcover

Mar 2021
1/1 HC signed F/F $63.00

Feb 2021
1/1 HC signed F/F $190.00
1/1 HC signed F/F $60.00

Dec 2020
1/1 HC signed NF $65.00
1/1 HC signed 2x NF $31.03
1/1 HC signed VG $56.00

Oct 2020
1/1 HC signed N/F $100.00
1/1 HC signed N/F $89.95

US Signed / Limited Deluxe 1/200

Mar 2021
Subterranean Press #113 $400.00
Subterranean Press #113 $300.00

US Signed / Limited 201-500

Nov 2020
Subterranean Press #mid 400’s $312.22
Subterranean Press #356 $250.00

US Signed / Lettered

No recorded sales

US Limited 2nd printing signed unnumbered grey cloth 1-400

May 2021
Sub Press VG $41.00

Mar 2021
Sub Press F/F $200.00
Sub Press F/F $151.00

Feb 2021
Sub Press F/F $124.95
Sub Press F/F $100.01
Sub Press F/F $155.00

Oct 2020
Sub Press new $99.99
Sub Press new $91.00

US Signed / Limited Deluxe 2nd printing signed unnumbered blue cloth 1-100

Sub Press F/F $150.00

UK Uncorrected Book Proof

No recorded sales

UK Hardcover

Dec 2020
1/1 HC signed $61.15

UK Signed / Limited Gollanz 1-1300

May 2021
#1131 F/F $144.13

Feb 2021
#1105 F/F $153.50
# unk F/F $179.99

amd013
05-21-2021, 11:11 AM

US 1st/1st

Thanks,
Mike

Here is my non-comprehensive list of sales on ebay, FB, and other reported sales.

US Hardcover

Mar 2021
1/1 HC signed F/F $63.00

Feb 2021
1/1 HC signed F/F $190.00
1/1 HC signed F/F $60.00

Dec 2020
1/1 HC signed NF $65.00
1/1 HC signed 2x NF $31.03
1/1 HC signed VG $56.00

Oct 2020
1/1 HC signed N/F $100.00
1/1 HC signed N/F $89.95

US Signed / Limited Deluxe 1/200

Mar 2021
Subterranean Press #113 $400.00
Subterranean Press #113 $300.00

US Signed / Limited 201-500

Nov 2020
Subterranean Press #mid 400’s $312.22
Subterranean Press #356 $250.00

US Signed / Lettered

No recorded sales

US Limited 2nd printing signed unnumbered grey cloth 1-400

May 2021
Sub Press VG $41.00

Mar 2021
Sub Press F/F $200.00
Sub Press F/F $151.00

Feb 2021
Sub Press F/F $124.95
Sub Press F/F $100.01
Sub Press F/F $155.00

Oct 2020
Sub Press new $99.99
Sub Press new $91.00

US Signed / Limited Deluxe 2nd printing signed unnumbered blue cloth 1-100

Sub Press F/F $150.00

UK Uncorrected Book Proof

No recorded sales

UK Hardcover

Dec 2020
1/1 HC signed $61.15

UK Signed / Limited Gollanz 1-1300

May 2021
#1131 F/F $144.13

Feb 2021
#1105 F/F $153.50
# unk F/F $179.99

Thanks a lot!!

amd013
05-21-2021, 11:29 AM
Ok, I came late to the game in collecting Joe Hill. Can anyone explain to me what happened with PS version of Horns with regards to the bonus chapter? I gather some copies didn't have and some do, and those that didn't have it got a separate chap book? Is there any difference in value between one that has it, and one that doesn't but has the chap book?

Cwalker
05-21-2021, 01:58 PM
Ok, I came late to the game in collecting Joe Hill. Can anyone explain to me what happened with PS version of Horns with regards to the bonus chapter? I gather some copies didn't have and some do, and those that didn't have it got a separate chap book? Is there any difference in value between one that has it, and one that doesn't but has the chap book?

I don’t know how it came to happen so i will leave that to anyone who knows.
I personally would not put much of a price difference between the two as long as the chapbook is present. I have seen one or two cases where the person tried to sell a copy that was missing the chapters without the chapbook. Just beware of that. Otherwise I don’t see a premium value either way. Of course, i am always ready to stand corrected! Hope this one opinion helps.

Edit. Here is the recent sales list for the various PS editions of Horns

UK Signed / Limited 1/500

May 2021
PS Pub S/L #blank 1/500 $134.99

Feb 2021
PS Pub S/L #71 1/500 $225.00

Oct 2020
PS Pub S/L 1/500 $120.50

UK Signed / Limited 1/200

Feb 2021
PS Pub S/L #98 1/200 $299.00

UK Signed / Lettered

Apr 2021
PS Pub Letter C $375.00

herbertwest
05-27-2021, 02:32 AM
There is now a Suntup limited HORNS on ebay (https://ebay.us/2GSXkU)

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/d2oAAOSwwUVgr2LY/s-l1600.jpg

No idea whether it is or isnt a good value

Cwalker
05-27-2021, 06:28 AM
At $745 it was certainly within acceptable limits. Didn’t last long!

GenericEric
05-27-2021, 10:29 AM
Damn! Missed it! One of these days.

TacomaDiver
05-29-2021, 08:10 AM
$745 isn't all that much above issue price. Is this an edition that hasn't appreciated much? And is ~$750 about what this one goes for usually?

Brian861
05-29-2021, 08:21 PM
$745 isn't all that much above issue price. Is this an edition that hasn't appreciated much? And is ~$750 about what this one goes for usually?

From what I've seen, it does seem to stay in that ballpark. It's in my Top 2 Suntup productions thus far.

St. Troy
06-04-2021, 03:49 AM
I’m not sure if this is news to Hill fans, but Folio Society has an edition of I Am Legend for which Hill has written an introduction:

https://www.foliosociety.com/usa/i-am-legend.html

Brian861
06-04-2021, 06:04 AM
I’m not sure if this is news to Hill fans, but Folio Society has an edition of I Am Legend for which Hill has written an introduction:

It’s been out quite awhile.

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-04-2021, 02:27 PM
Yup, still need the lettered edition of that one, which I know I'll never have.

St. Troy
06-05-2021, 11:06 AM

It’s been out quite awhile.

Aha.

jsweet
06-06-2021, 05:19 PM
Not my listing, but not a bad price on the Suntup edition of Horns ($715)
https://ebay.us/xMaEiR

Lurker
06-08-2021, 10:28 AM
Finally!

https://i.ibb.co/3BFRfCy/In-The-Tall-Grass-Joe-Hill-sig.jpg

Brian861
06-08-2021, 04:06 PM
Nice! Just read that season 2 of L&K is set for October.

Xander756
08-14-2021, 09:38 AM
I'm looking to buy a set like this and was curious if this was a good price. I've not been tapped into the market as well as I was in the past :tongue:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntup-Press-Horns-SIGNED-by-JOE-HILL-New-Limited-Edition-Art-Portfolio/303494227234?hash=item46a9aa6522:g:B-oAAOSwfiNeTptf

Definitely not - readwhiteandblue is known for overpricing books. He was a member here for like two weeks before he got nasty with other members and left.

For those following along, I contacted readwhiteandblue and made an offer on the book set and I was met with this: (lol)

eBay
New message from: readwhiteandblue Top Rated Seller(15,382YellowShooting Star)
Nope and don’t come back

Sure sounds like him. You’re probably banned from his eBay store now too.

Found this forum after having an interaction with "readwhiteandblue" on ebay and saw this thread. Wanted to add my 2 cents. Tried to make an offer on Dolan's Cadillac. I asked what the highest offer they have had so far was (the book has been listed for well over a year). Here was his/her response:

New message from: readwhiteandblue Top Rated Seller(17,790YellowShooting Star)
I don’t owe you any information. What a jerk, go away. Any further contact and I’ll not read it and just report you for harassment with zero reply.

Lol.

CyberGhostface
09-14-2021, 06:07 AM
Lividian has announced a new limited edition of Heart-Shaped Box.

https://lividian.com/store/heart-shaped-box-limited-edition

Ben Eads
09-14-2021, 04:28 PM

I'm on the waitlist. Wish me luck! =)

Br!an
09-14-2021, 04:33 PM

CD still has some. https://www.cemeterydance.com/heart-shaped-box.html

Ben Eads
09-16-2021, 01:06 PM

CD still has some. https://www.cemeterydance.com/heart-shaped-box.html

Thanks, Br!an! =)

Ben Eads
09-16-2021, 01:13 PM
I wonder if Lividian Publications will do a tray-cased version of Heart Shaped Box. They did one for 20th Century Ghosts, right?

Brian James Freeman
09-16-2021, 01:21 PM
I wonder if Lividian Publications will do a tray-cased version of Heart Shaped Box. They did one for 20th Century Ghosts, right?

Yep, it's in the works! The 20th Century Ghosts lettered edition customers will get first shot at keeping their set together, but I'm still working out the final details with my bookbinder and case maker before I officially take preorders, so it'll be a while until that process begins. (I like to get *everything* in place before taking an order, even if people aren't paying upfront. You just never know what might come up.)

Brian

Ben Eads
09-16-2021, 04:10 PM

Yep, it's in the works! The 20th Century Ghosts lettered edition customers will get first shot at keeping their set together, but I'm still working out the final details with my bookbinder and case maker before I officially take preorders, so it'll be a while until that process begins. (I like to get *everything* in place before taking an order, even if people aren't paying upfront. You just never know what might come up.)

Brian

Very cool! Thanks, Brian! =)

Brian861
09-17-2021, 08:19 AM

(I like to get *everything* in place before taking an order, even if people aren't paying upfront. You just never know what might come up.)

Brian

What! Crazy talk.

daniel_pyle
09-18-2021, 09:32 AM
My audiobook and US ARC collections are pretty much complete!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5031.png

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_5032.png

There are a few I'd like to upgrade if/when I find nicer copies, but I guess that's always the way, right?

Brian861
09-19-2021, 10:52 AM
Nice!

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-19-2021, 02:30 PM
What's that red thing with the silver knobs?

daniel_pyle
09-19-2021, 02:37 PM
What's that red thing with the silver knobs?

It's an audio interface I use to rip records occasionally, a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2.

ur2ndbiggestfan
09-19-2021, 04:20 PM
Ah, thanks.
I just use my bare hands.

daniel_pyle
09-19-2021, 04:32 PM
Ah, thanks.
I just use my bare hands.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Smashing_Vinyl_record.gif

herbertwest
09-26-2021, 07:23 AM
JOE HILL SIGNED EXCLUSIVE PREVIEW THE FIREMAN WITH TICKET FROM SIGNING, UNREAD!
> on ebay (https://ebay.us/djNoBG)

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Zf0AAOSwxElg4zUm/s-l1600.jpg

Hunchback Jack
10-08-2021, 01:53 AM
A few Joe Hills for sale:

The Fireman, Gollancz/Goldsboro, signed, one of 350 copies, F/F, red sprayed edges - $100
The Fireman - 1/1 trade edition signed on tipped-in page (not CD edition), F/F, IN CD SLIPCASE - $125
Heart-Shaped Box, Gollancz, 1/1 trade, signed on HSB bookplate, VG- (dinged corner, minor DJ edgewear) - $45

Prices include shipping in CONUS, at cost elsewhere.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1013/medium/8348DE6A-6DE4-46A9-9B9A-3FCD76C0D8A8.jpeg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1013/medium/43DCD3B8-2C27-4DD4-ABD5-FF08E4C864DD.jpeg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1013/medium/E0D0870C-079A-4666-B711-C7B977618DEC.jpeg

PM me for more details or pics.

HBJ

mikeC
10-08-2021, 01:17 PM
Any news/rumblings on Joe putting out a new novel?

BTW Black Phone has gotten pretty good reviews.
It'd be nice to get a good adaptation of something after the failures of Nosfuratu, Passage, Y the Last Man and whatever that ending of Tall Grass was.

daniel_pyle
10-08-2021, 01:22 PM

I've been wondering this too. I thought the next novel (Up the Chimney Down?) was originally supposed to come out when Full Throttle did but they swapped the order. I can't remember where I heard all this, but I don't think (?) I'm making it up. But if that's the case, the novel should have been ready to go way back. I thought for sure we'd get something this year.

Hunchback Jack
10-08-2021, 09:39 PM
A few Joe Hills for sale:

The Fireman, Gollancz/Goldsboro, signed, one of 350 copies, F/F, red sprayed edges - $100
The Fireman - 1/1 trade edition signed on tipped-in page (not CD edition), F/F, IN CD SLIPCASE - $125
Heart-Shaped Box, Gollancz, 1/1 trade, signed on HSB bookplate, VG- (dinged corner, minor DJ edgewear) - $45

These titles have sold.

HBJ

MarcoL
10-08-2021, 11:38 PM

BTW Black Phone has gotten pretty good reviews.
It'd be nice to get a good adaptation of something after the failures of Nosfuratu, Passage, Y the Last Man and whatever that ending of Tall Grass was.

Joe’s working on a new novel called King Sorrow which is scheduled for release in 2022.

daniel_pyle
10-09-2021, 05:43 AM
Joe’s working on a new novel called King Sorrow which is scheduled for release in 2022.

Do you know if that's a new title for Up the Chimney Down or a different project?

Brian861
10-09-2021, 07:41 AM
A tie-in of sorts I'm guessing.

The Black Phone and Other Stories : Previously published as 20th Century Ghosts (http://https://www.bookdepository.com/Black-Phone-Other-Stories-Joe-Hill/9781399600033?ref=grid-view&qid=1633793847796&sr=1-1)

daniel_pyle
10-09-2021, 07:47 AM

The Black Phone and Other Stories : Previously published as 20th Century Ghosts (http://https://www.bookdepository.com/Black-Phone-Other-Stories-Joe-Hill/9781399600033)

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a collection retitled to promote a specific story. Kinda weird…

Your link didn't work for me, by the way, but I found the book here (https://www.bookdepository.com/Black-Phone-Movie-Tie-Joe-Hill/9780063214835).

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/9780063214835.jpg (https://www.bookdepository.com/Black-Phone-Movie-Tie-Joe-Hill/9780063214835?ref=grid-view&qid=1633794326003&sr=1-2)

Brian861
10-09-2021, 07:51 AM

The Black Phone and Other Stories : Previously published as 20th Century Ghosts (http://https://www.bookdepository.com/Black-Phone-Other-Stories-Joe-Hill/9781399600033)

Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen a collection retitled to promote a specific story. Kinda weird…

You link didn't work for me, by the way, but I found the book here (https://www.bookdepository.com/Black-Phone-Movie-Tie-Joe-Hill/9780063214835).

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/9780063214835.jpg (https://www.bookdepository.com/Black-Phone-Movie-Tie-Joe-Hill/9780063214835?ref=grid-view&qid=1633794326003&sr=1-2)

Thanks! I missed that one. The one I was trying to link was for the UK edition slated for release in January.

MarcoL
10-09-2021, 11:06 PM

Do you know if that's a new title for Up the Chimney Down or a different project?

It’s a different project, Up The Chimney Down was put on the back burner

Cwalker
10-10-2021, 05:23 PM

Joe said that after writing a pretty big chunk (my words, not his) he decided to set aside UTCD because he started to see it more as a graphic novel or comic series.

daniel_pyle
10-10-2021, 05:44 PM

Joe said that after writing a pretty big chunk (my words, not his) he decided to set aside UTCD because he started to see it more as a graphic novel or comic series.

Interesting. Well, I’m excited for whatever we get whenever we get it, but I’m definitely jonesing for something!

MarcoL
10-11-2021, 09:31 AM

Interesting. Well, I’m excited for whatever we get whenever we get it, but I’m definitely jonesing for something!

Amen to that :)

MarcoL
10-21-2021, 08:35 AM
Just announced…a comic book adaption of Joe’s novella Rain https://screenrant.com/joe-hill-rain-new-syzygy-imprint-image-comics/

Garrell
10-21-2021, 12:50 PM
Thanks, looking forward to that one.

herbertwest
10-22-2021, 01:27 AM
Just announced…a comic book adaption of Joe’s novella Rain https://screenrant.com/joe-hill-rain-new-syzygy-imprint-image-comics/

I find interesting to see how Joe's work is being highly adapted into comics, while it's not as much the case with his dad's work

swintek
10-22-2021, 10:05 AM

I find interesting to see how Joe's work is being highly adapted into comics, while it's not as much the case with his dad's work

That IS an interesting observation. Besides the Dark Tower and The Stand (admittedly both huge projects), not much else, which, considering the body of work available, and the rush to adapt literally everything into film and TV- yeah, interesting.

Johnny Alien
10-22-2021, 01:26 PM
JH started writing for comics very early in his career and it has been a industry that he is deeply tied to. He actually writes for comics vs adaptations of books he's written. On the other hand the comics that SK has been involved with have all been adaptations written by other people.

CyberGhostface
10-22-2021, 05:34 PM
Yeah the bulk of Hill’s comics is stuff he’s written himself. King doesn’t seem to be that interested in doing comics. The most extensive work he’s done was American Vampire and that was only five issues and just the second half of each issue at that. He did toss around the idea of a comic series about soccer moms who are witches but I guess that’s on the back burner.

herbertwest
10-23-2021, 11:08 AM
JH started writing for comics very early in his career and it has been a industry that he is deeply tied to. He actually writes for comics vs adaptations of books he's written. On the other hand the comics that SK has been involved with have all been adaptations written by other people.

I agree with that, but given that studios were looking anything King to put their hand to produce, I am surprised that there were no gold rush for King stories for comics or graphic novels.
But then I don't really know how the comics market works. I have often be surprised by how long the Dark Tower comics lasted, even though I thought the sales were declining.

Stockerlone
12-11-2021, 05:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbMwp_9eSvc&feature=emb_imp_woyt

Brian861
12-11-2021, 04:24 PM
Thanks for posting, Frank! Love their conversation.

herbertwest
02-22-2022, 11:03 AM
Any update on the "King sorrow" book?

Brian James Freeman
03-28-2022, 11:18 AM
Important update on the HEART-SHAPED BOX Limited Edition for anyone who preordered directly from Lividian Publications:

https://lividian.com/heart-shaped-box-very-important-information-if-you-preordered/

Short version: everything will be here and ready to ship by the end of next week, so I'm sending the “Your Lividian Publications Preorder Is Ready For Payment” emails tomorrow morning — that is Tuesday, March 29.

Unfortunately, it’s possible this email might end up in your spam, so you may need to check there. I will post another note here and on the website and social media when this email goes out.

Thank you!

Best,
Brian

OldCrow88
03-28-2022, 02:58 PM
Important update on the HEART-SHAPED BOX Limited Edition for anyone who preordered directly from Lividian Publications:

https://lividian.com/heart-shaped-box-very-important-information-if-you-preordered/

Short version: everything will be here and ready to ship by the end of next week, so I'm sending the “Your Lividian Publications Preorder Is Ready For Payment” emails tomorrow morning — that is Tuesday, March 29.

Unfortunately, it’s possible this email might end up in your spam, so you may need to check there. I will post another note here and on the website and social media when this email goes out.

Thank you!

Best,
Brian

It's happening! I hunted down a copy of the SubPress edition but I feel like this is the first time the book is getting the real treatment. Thank you, Brian!

cit74
04-04-2022, 12:44 PM
Just FYI - the next HC collection for Locke and Key - Golden Age - comes out at the end of the month. I just ordered my copy from waterstreet books - and requested a signed copy. They think Joe might swing by the week the book is out to sign copies.

https://www.waterstreetbooks.com/book/9781684057856

mikeC
04-13-2022, 10:39 AM
See below.

mikeC
04-13-2022, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbMwp_9eSvc&feature=emb_imp_woyt

I listened to this book a couple months ago. It is not my kind of story at all but I kept listening. This is an amazingly written book. She is a great writer. Highly recommended.
Thanks for posting this.

Stockerlone
04-17-2022, 04:16 AM
Joe Hill-Vollgas
Publisher FESTA with signed card

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/PICT0555.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/PICT0559.JPG

Garrell
04-17-2022, 04:55 AM
Love that cover

MarcoL
04-22-2022, 11:51 AM
Looks like King Sorrow might take some time according to Joe’s latest newsletter https://mailchi.mp/joehillfiction/escape-hatch-044-the-hatch-swings-opens?e=bee678ef47

Any update on the "King sorrow" book?

daniel_pyle
04-22-2022, 11:56 AM
I saw that. I wish we’d get it sooner, but I’m glad to hear there’s something in the works at least. As much as I enjoy the comics, I’m ready for some more books!

herbertwest
04-24-2022, 10:13 AM
Didn't know Joe had a newsletter.
What is the official website?

daniel_pyle
04-24-2022, 10:21 AM

https://www.joehillfiction.com/#about

Before this last newsletter, it had been over a year since the previous one, so I wouldn't expect a lot of new news, but you never know…

Ben Eads
04-24-2022, 07:12 PM
Finally! A new novel!

herbertwest
04-24-2022, 11:24 PM

https://www.joehillfiction.com/#about

Before this last newsletter, it had been over a year since the previous one, so I wouldn't expect a lot of new news, but you never know…

Thanks

mikeC
04-25-2022, 08:47 AM
Awesome thanks for posting. I am excited for that Locke and Key book.

Br!an
05-15-2022, 11:43 AM
Joe Hill and his wife just had twin boys.

TacomaDiver
05-21-2022, 08:44 AM
Joe Hill and his wife just had twin boys.

I think they still have them in fact. /s :)

Br!an
07-02-2022, 07:50 AM
For sale:

Joe Hill's Horns Suntup Artist Edition Signed Slipcased Shrink-wrapped $200

Joe Hill's Horns Suntup Artist Edition Signed Slipcased Shrink-wrapped - Bumped slipcase $100

MarcoL
07-04-2022, 09:40 AM
For sale:

Joe Hill's Horns Suntup Artist Edition Signed Slipcased Shrink-wrapped $200

Joe Hill's Horns Suntup Artist Edition Signed Slipcased Shrink-wrapped - Bumped slipcase $100

Great price! If I didn’t already have a copy, I’d be all over this…

herbertwest
08-12-2022, 03:24 AM
Joe Hill NOS4R2 Signed First Edition Hardback Book 2013
> now on ebay (https://ebay.us/Fxol2k)

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/I-oAAOSwvvdi5BPf/s-l1600.jpg

mikeC
09-03-2022, 09:34 AM
Whatever happened to Faun being on Netflix? They bought that in 2019.

herbertwest
09-11-2022, 05:11 AM
Totally forgot about it!

RC65
10-21-2022, 09:14 AM
Not my thing, but I thought some of the more ardent Joe Hill fans might be interested in this new signed/numbered edition of Robert Louis Stevenson's The New Annotated Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde -- Numbered Edition, out of 250 — $150.00 Lettered Edition, out of 26 — $275.00:

https://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/products/robert-louis-stevenson-edited-by-leslie-s-klinger-the-new-annotated-strange-case-of-dr-jekyll-and-mr-hyde-signed-limited-edition?mc_cid=44dbe7fbfc&mc_eid=f261cb3751

Brian861
10-22-2022, 09:01 AM
Not my thing, but I thought some of the more ardent Joe Hill fans might be interested in this new signed/numbered edition of Robert Louis Stevenson's The New Annotated Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde -- Numbered Edition, out of 250 — $150.00 Lettered Edition, out of 26 — $275.00:

https://www.mysteriousbookshop.com/products/robert-louis-stevenson-edited-by-leslie-s-klinger-the-new-annotated-strange-case-of-dr-jekyll-and-mr-hyde-signed-limited-edition?mc_cid=44dbe7fbfc&mc_eid=f261cb3751

You can grab the unsigned edition for $40 as well.

herbertwest
03-06-2023, 08:29 AM
Joe Hill NOS4R2 Signed doodled UK uncorrected proof 2013 Stephen King son NOS4A2
> now on ebay (https://ebay.us/JgeNP8)

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/74sAAOSwuKRgnWUU/s-l1600.jpg
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/YkAAAOSwIgtgnWUg/s-l1600.jpg

herbertwest
03-06-2023, 08:32 AM
I have been contacted by a french collector that is selling a signed copy of NOS4A2 with a cool doodle

Let me know if that interests you

https://club-stephenking.fr/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/joehill/joe--01.jpg

https://club-stephenking.fr/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/joehill/joe--02.jpg

Scoogs
03-19-2023, 05:17 PM
Slowly losing some of my Joe Hill books on Ebay (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=325581524697&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562&_ssn=scoogs).
(you can also PM me)

So far I have listed NOS4A2(signed, doodled 1st) and the Sub Press deluxe signed edition of Heart-Shaped Box with the extra chapter.

MarcoL
03-21-2023, 11:32 AM
Slowly losing some of my Joe Hill books on Ebay (https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=325581524697&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562&_ssn=scoogs).
(you can also PM me)

So far I have listed NOS4A2(signed, doodled 1st) and the Sub Press deluxe signed edition of Heart-Shaped Box with the extra chapter.

PMed :)

TacomaDiver
03-21-2023, 05:22 PM
If anyone is interested, I'm willing to part with a Suntup signed/numbered edition of Horns. Make me a tempting offer. :)

RichardX
03-26-2023, 09:00 AM
I'm really surprised that there is not more buzz about Owen King. I'm reading his most recent book "Curator" and it is actually better than anything King or Hill has written in recent years in my opinion.

TacomaDiver
03-26-2023, 12:14 PM
I really surprised that is not more buzz about Owen King. I'm reading his most recent book "Curator" and it is actually better than anything King or Hill has written in recent years in my opinion.

I haven't read anything from Owen but do own a few. I almost started reading The Curator but the library didn't have any available eBook copies (I've been finding reading in bed is a lot easier with my Kindle). Glad to hear it's good! I may have to up it on my TBR list.

daniel_pyle
04-15-2023, 12:56 PM
This is definitely a bit of an oddity, but I figured some of you might be interested:

https://skeltoncrewstudio.bigcartel.com/product/the-joe-hill-collection-charity-signed-key-to-the-graveyard-of-what-might-be-w-bonus-pin

TacomaDiver
04-16-2023, 03:36 PM
I was tempted, but $60 for a page and a half short story was excessive. Yeah, charity and I get a key, but still.

mattgreenbean
04-17-2023, 06:27 AM
Looks pretty cool to me. I can't travel to meet Joe, so it's always nice to get something autographed by him. Especially something associated with NOS4A2. Thanks for sharing the link.

DoctorZaius
04-17-2023, 07:08 AM
Yes, thanks for sharing the link - I had to order one.

Br!an
05-08-2023, 11:10 AM
Announcing the Signed Limited Edition of FAUN by Joe Hill (https://conversationtreepress.com/blogs/news/announcing-signed-limited-faun-joe-hill?mc_cid=a40b61a95f&mc_eid=e785e09f91)

Illustrated by Francois Vaillancourt

https://c10.patreonusercontent.com/4/patreon-media/p/post/82700442/8350e8991c824260b6e6ff5c750899d6/eyJ3Ijo2MjB9/1.jpg?token-time=1684800000&token-hash=ISy4KjFgfqH2WlNHbnTOdSbiu2dHGFKc2WXTnoL7kr4%3 D

Faun will be published in four states, with each copy signed by Joe Hill:

Standard - 500 copies
Deluxe - 200 copies
Lettered - 26 copies
Roman Numeral - 10 copies

The Standard and Deluxe states will be printed as octavos with trim sizes of 170mm x 240mm (6.7in x 9.5in), the same size as Peter Pan. Typesetting for these two states will begin soon with the casting to follow.

The Lettered and Roman Numeral states will be printed as quartos at 240mm x 340mm (9.5inx 13.4in), with a completely different internal layout to account for the grander trim size, essentially designing an entirely new book.

The design concepts for all four states have been finalized and the development of the prototypes will commence shortly.

Br!an
08-30-2023, 01:09 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^
The standard edition is on sale now. (https://conversationtreepress.com/products/joe-hill-faun-standard)

The others are on pre-sale for rights holders.

mikeC
08-31-2023, 09:04 AM
I love that story. Wonderful looking edition, especially that front illustration.

craigobau
09-01-2023, 11:10 AM
I really surprised that is not more buzz about Owen King. I'm reading his most recent book "Curator" and it is actually better than anything King or Hill has written in recent years in my opinion.

I haven't read anything from Owen but do own a few. I almost started reading The Curator but the library didn't have any available eBook copies (I've been finding reading in bed is a lot easier with my Kindle). Glad to hear it's good! I may have to up it on my TBR list.

The Curator Kindle version is currently only £2.99 on the UK Amazon store;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Curator-Owen-King-ebook/dp/B0BG4N1LVK/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1XVYJNQI3L2ZJ&keywords=owen+king&qid=1693595335&s=digital-text&sprefix=Owen+k%2Cdigital-text%2C73&sr=1-1

WeDealInLead
09-05-2023, 05:51 AM
https://camelotbooks.com/the-saved.html

Edit: I guess I should've mentioned this is for heavily discounted copies of The Saved.

mikeC
09-21-2023, 08:10 AM
"The next Joe Hill book is being proofread now and the signature sheets are with the last person to sign. Both the Limited Edition and Lettered Edition will be published in 2024. We're really excited about the special bonus material Joe has provided for this one."
-Lividian Newsletter

Is this King Sorrow do you think?

MarcoL
09-21-2023, 08:31 AM
"The next Joe Hill book is being proofread now and the signature sheets are with the last person to sign. Both the Limited Edition and Lettered Edition will be published in 2024. We're really excited about the special bonus material Joe has provided for this one."
-Lividian Newsletter

Nope

BigJoeHillfan
09-22-2023, 07:15 AM
I thought that King Sorrow was the next book to be released. I know it has been in progress for years. Is it stalled and a previously unknown book is to be released next?

mikeC
09-22-2023, 08:36 AM
-Lividian Newsletter

Nope

Thanks.

MarcoL
09-22-2023, 08:51 AM
-Lividian Newsletter

Nope

Thanks.
Welcome :) Joe’s working on the 3rd draft and usually does between 4 and 6 drafts on his novel so this couldn’t be King Sorrow being proofread.

MarcoL
09-22-2023, 08:54 AM
I thought that King Sorrow was the next book to be released. I know it has been in progress for years. Is it stalled and a previously unknown book is to be released next?

As far as I’m informed, King Sorrow will be the next Joe Hill novel. Work on a couple of follow up projects is in progress though and some shorts will be released shortly (The Pram on 26th September in fact as an Amazon original e-book).

WeDealInLead
09-22-2023, 02:15 PM
The Pram is coming out on September 26th.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0CF3DLKLV?ref_=dbs_m_mng_wam_calw_tkin_0&storeType=ebooks

Now's a good time to look for a free Kindle Unlimited offer on the interwebs.

Edit: I have a link for Audible 3 months free. I'm not sure if you have to have an Instagram account to activate the offer, but I can definitely send you the link.

cit74
09-23-2023, 10:42 AM
If you regularly shop on Amazon - do the delayed shipping which offers a few bucks for digital purchase - I have $3 in credits from last items shipped - enough for the Pram 😉