PDA

View Full Version : Joe Hill, Author

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34

MLG
08-16-2019, 07:04 AM
I also cancelled my direct order with SP and asked Kim to set one aside for me. When the time comes, I'll add some more books to my order and have them shipped all at once.

I don't have any Hill books right now, nor have I ever read any. With Suntup's Horns and SubPress's Full Throttle, I'd say I'm off to a good start, though.

Speaking of which, what is the best/best looking/most complete way to get the Locke & Key series? I'm interested in that, but all the different versions and collections and one-shots confuse the heck out of me. Any advice would be much appreciated!

If you're just looking to read it, hit the library. If you're looking to collect them, that's a whole different ball of wax. Marco's site is the perfect resource for all things Hill. The editions that Sub Press put out are really nice.

Be careful. Subterranean stopped without completing the series.

MarcoL
08-16-2019, 08:33 AM
Speaking of Hill this announcement of all of these new comics he's involved with has me utterly confused.
Marco, is there a comprehensive list on your site or can someone list them here? There were so many my head practically exploded.
I want the ones he's writing and release dates.

Thank you!
Hi Lori,
At this moment Joe’s working on a couple of comics series/issues:
1. Marvel Comics #1000 (1 page story), release 28 August
2. Locke & Key: Dog Days, ‘regular’ one-shot containing two new shorts (one of the Nailed It which was a con exclusive at SDCC), release 16 October
3. Hill House Comics, series of 5 issues with a continuing story by Joe and he also wrote the script for issues #1 and #5. Issue #1 release 30 October
4. St Holmes, new comics series but not much details known yet
5. New Locke & Key series called World War Key with story arc 1 Revolution, no other details known yet

Additional details and images on my site in the COMICS section ;)

Munnecom
08-16-2019, 08:46 AM
Are there plans to release the Dog Days book in HC? All I can find available for pre-order is the Kindle edition.

MarcoL
08-16-2019, 09:04 AM
Are there plans to release the Dog Days book in HC? All I can find available for pre-order is the Kindle edition.

Don’t know. Some of the previous one-shots were collected in Heaven & Earth so IDW may do another one like that, but for know it’s just a one-shot comic available in every comic book store

Brian861
08-16-2019, 09:57 AM
I also cancelled my direct order with SP and asked Kim to set one aside for me. When the time comes, I'll add some more books to my order and have them shipped all at once.

I don't have any Hill books right now, nor have I ever read any. With Suntup's Horns and SubPress's Full Throttle, I'd say I'm off to a good start, though.

Speaking of which, what is the best/best looking/most complete way to get the Locke & Key series? I'm interested in that, but all the different versions and collections and one-shots confuse the heck out of me. Any advice would be much appreciated!

If you're just looking to read it, hit the library. If you're looking to collect them, that's a whole different ball of wax. Marco's site is the perfect resource for all things Hill. The editions that Sub Press put out are really nice.

Thanks for the shout out Brian :thumbsup:
Just a word of caution, beware that if you start collecting Hill, there’s more than you might think.....

Most welcome, buddy! And you're right! Down the rabbit hole you'll go......

Speaking of Hill this announcement of all of these new comics he's involved with has me utterly confused.
Marco, is there a comprehensive list on your site or can someone list them here? There were so many my head practically exploded.

Thank you!

Lori. Dave at Overlook Connection is offering the full series run of The Hill House comics. They'll mail once the series is complete. I can get a link for you if needed. I'm gonna go this route and get the variants of course :rolleyes:

Edit: I also found a site where a lot of the variants can be ordered of the Marvel comic. That one's a killer for a completist!

Brian861
08-16-2019, 10:07 AM
Had a great conversation with a friend regarding the upcoming Hill events and collecting him. The quote below from the conversation really sums it up for me as a Hill collector.

And forget what others think about us Hillions. Very few of us go to see Joe and get things signed because we plan to retire on the sale of the items. Except for a few special items, most of his stuff will never be in the same category as his dad. We appreciate him for who he is and for who he is not. He is Joseph Hillstrom King and he is his fathers son, but he is not his father. While King may belong to the whole world, right now Joe belongs to us.

MarcoL
08-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Had a great conversation with a friend regarding the upcoming Hill events and collecting him. The quote below from the conversation really sums it up for me as a Hill collector.

And forget what others think about us Hillions. Very few of us go to see Joe and get things signed because we plan to retire on the sale of the items. Except for a few special items, most of his stuff will never be in the same category as his dad. We appreciate him for who he is and for who he is not. He is Joseph Hillstrom King and he is his fathers son, but he is not his father. While King may belong to the whole world, right now Joe belongs to us.

Hear, hear!!

MarcoL
08-16-2019, 10:25 AM

Just a word of caution, beware that if you start collecting Hill, there’s more than you might think.....

Thank you!

Lori. Dave at Overlook Connection is offering the full series run of The Hill House comics. They'll mail once the series is complete. I can get a link for you if needed. I'm gonna go this route and get the variants of course :rolleyes:

Edit: I also found a site where a lot of the variants can be ordered of the Marvel comic. That one's a killer for a completist!

As for the Marvel comic, just added two more variants....you’re absolutely right it’s a killer for the completist. I found a lot for 17 of the variants on Ebay but have get to het my hands on the other ones so curious which site you’re referring to?

Brian861
08-16-2019, 10:34 AM
Here's the site I found, Marco. They are offering a lot of 17 as well. I have yet to find a site that list all the variants for sale. Some of these are crazy expensive. I haven't checked with my local comic shop yet.

Comic Elite (https://www.comicselitecomics.com/search?q=Marvel+Comics+%231000)

MarcoL
08-16-2019, 10:40 AM
Here's the site I found, Marco. They are offering a lot of 17 as well. I have yet to find a site that list all the variants for sale. Some of these are crazy expensive. I haven't checked with my local comic shop yet.

Cheers! That’s the same lot of 17 variants I bought on Ebay ;)

Brian861
08-16-2019, 10:42 AM

Cheers! That’s the same lot of 17 variants I bought on Ebay ;)

Might be the same folks then.

Beverly Marsh
08-16-2019, 12:24 PM

Thank you!
Hi Lori,
At this moment Joe’s working on a couple of comics series/issues:
1. Marvel Comics #1000 (1 page story), release 28 August
2. Locke & Key: Dog Days, ‘regular’ one-shot containing two new shorts (one of the Nailed It which was a con exclusive at SDCC), release 16 October
3. Hill House Comics, series of 5 issues with a continuing story by Joe and he also wrote the script for issues #1 and #5. Issue #1 release 30 October
4. St Holmes, new comics series but not much details known yet
5. New Locke & Key series called World War Key with story arc 1 Revolution, no other details known yet

Additional details and images on my site in the COMICS section ;)

Thank you!

Thank you Marco! That helps tremendously. I was baffled (doesn't take much) and excited!

And thank you Brian! I ordered Tales From the Darkside(and yes, the variants :rolleyes3:) from Dave when those came out so I'll probably go this route as well for the rest.
That was well stated by your friend. Amen hillions!

Brian861
08-16-2019, 10:27 PM
Most welcome, Lori! I love the term "Hillions".

Cwalker
08-17-2019, 05:44 PM

There is a Facebook group where they refer to us as Twisted Hillions or just Hillions.
🙂😈🙂

Brian861
08-17-2019, 09:52 PM

There is a Facebook group where they refer to us as Twisted Hillions or just Hillions.
🙂😈🙂

Might have to join up.

Cwalker
08-18-2019, 03:52 AM

🙂😈🙂

Might have to join up.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1161124673966943/

dnemec
08-18-2019, 06:16 AM

🙂😈🙂

Might have to join up.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1161124673966943/

Thanks for sharing, all! Joined this morning!

Munnecom
08-18-2019, 06:44 AM
I joined as well. I'm slowly realising what a slippery slope (or hill, if you will :P) I find myself on, now that I'm trying to build a collection of Joe's books. Lucky for me, I'm not much of a completist, so one (signed) edition of each book is enough for me. By my count, that's only eight books I need, which is doable...

Patrick
08-18-2019, 08:59 PM
I joined as well. I'm slowly realising what a slippery slope (or hill, if you will :P) I find myself on, now that I'm trying to build a collection of Joe's books. Lucky for me, I'm not much of a completist, so one (signed) edition of each book is enough for me. By my count, that's only eight books I need, which is doable...
Aren’t you going to get the gelaskin promo item for GUNPOWDER? No collection would be complete without one. :D

Hunchback Jack
08-19-2019, 07:44 AM
I'm the most casual of Joe Hill collectors, and even I'm afraid of the slope I'm sliding down. Even if you just restrict yourself to the novels and short story collections (which I'm trying to do), there are a lot of limited editions out there.

HBJ

Br!an
08-19-2019, 09:33 AM
I went ahead a placed an order for the Sub Press Full Throttle. I'd probably just end up buying it later anyway.

Munnecom
08-19-2019, 09:56 AM
That's a very dangerous rationale - and one I use all the time. :P

Br!an
08-19-2019, 12:06 PM
That's a very dangerous rationale - and one I use all the time. :P

It's a "go to" rationale. :shrug: (Why does the "shrug" emoji look like it's wankin' two dudes at once? Surely not Freudian.) Bonus points for word of the day. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20488-Word-Of-The-Day&p=1161433&viewfull=1#post1161433)

I'm in a position where I only have to convince myself. :innocent:

Munnecom
08-19-2019, 12:52 PM
Aren’t you going to get the gelaskin promo item for GUNPOWDER? No collection would be complete without one. :D

You’ll have to explain that one to me...

ELazansky
08-21-2019, 06:45 AM
I am selling my Locke & Key key collection from Skeleton Crew Studios. I had though about building a display case to display them, but I just don't have the space to display them. I will not break the collection up, so please don't ask to just buy the ones signed by Joe. Either I sell the entire lot at once or they stay on my shelf. All keys come in the original black bags with key tags. Here is what I have:

Alpha Key (Legacy Edition) - unsigned
Ghost Key (Legacy Edition) - unsigned
Music Box Key (Legacy Edition) - signed by Joe Hill
Omega Key (Legacy Edition) - unsigned
Shadow Key (Legacy Edition) - signed by Israel Skelton
Angel Key (146/1000) - signed by Gabe Rodriguez and Israel Skelton
Animal Key (131/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton
Anywhere Key (24/500) - signed by Gabe Rodriguez
Echo Key (2010 Bangpop! Edition 17/500) - unsigned
Grindhouse Key (234/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton
Head Key (33/500) - signed by Joe Hill
Hercules Key (73/1000) - unsigned
IDW Key (2011 ComicCon Exclusive 249/1000) - signed by Ted Adams and Chris Ryall of IDW
Mending Key (34/1000) - signed by Joe Hill
Moon Key (114/1000) - signed by Joe Hill
Owl Key (164/1000) - signed by Gabe Rodriguez and Israel Skelton
Philosophoscope Key (170/1000) - signed by Chris Ryall of IDW
Undertree Key (215/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton
Whispering Iron (76/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton

$500 shipped via Priority Mail in the US. International shipping can be split. If you have any questions, please PM.

MarcoL
08-21-2019, 08:58 AM
I am selling my Locke & Key key collection from Skeleton Crew Studios. I had though about building a display case to display them, but I just don't have the space to display them. I will not break the collection up, so please don't ask to just buy the ones signed by Joe. Either I sell the entire lot at once or they stay on my shelf. All keys come in the original black bags with key tags. Here is what I have:

Alpha Key (Legacy Edition) - unsigned
Ghost Key (Legacy Edition) - unsigned
Music Box Key (Legacy Edition) - signed by Joe Hill
Omega Key (Legacy Edition) - unsigned
Shadow Key (Legacy Edition) - signed by Israel Skelton
Angel Key (146/1000) - signed by Gabe Rodriguez and Israel Skelton
Animal Key (131/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton
Anywhere Key (24/500) - signed by Gabe Rodriguez
Echo Key (2010 Bangpop! Edition 17/500) - unsigned
Grindhouse Key (234/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton
Head Key (33/500) - signed by Joe Hill
Hercules Key (73/1000) - unsigned
IDW Key (2011 ComicCon Exclusive 249/1000) - signed by Ted Adams and Chris Ryall of IDW
Mending Key (34/1000) - signed by Joe Hill
Moon Key (114/1000) - signed by Joe Hill
Owl Key (164/1000) - signed by Gabe Rodriguez and Israel Skelton
Philosophoscope Key (170/1000) - signed by Chris Ryall of IDW
Undertree Key (215/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton
Whispering Iron (76/1000) - signed by Israel Skelton

$500 shipped via Priority Mail in the US. International shipping can be split. If you have any questions, please PM.

PM sent

ELazansky
08-21-2019, 10:46 AM
SOLD

Cook
08-23-2019, 02:30 PM
To active DT.org members:
In September I will be attending the Joe Hill book tour (signing event in Portland)
If you're not able to attend an event this year, I'm offering to get a book(s) signed/inscribed for you.
Please PM me if your interested..

Also, In addition to my other items listed in the King classified, I'm offering up for trade: - Pending
Suntup (snakeskin) Horns S/L'd still in the box w/all the fluff. - Pending

I would like to trade for any Suntup books manufactured to date.
Obviously cash might have to pass one way or the other.. also, not looking for damaged items (must be new undamaged, unread)
Please contact via PM
Thanks

Brian861
08-23-2019, 10:08 PM
To active DT.org members:
In September I will be attending the Joe Hill book tour (signing event in Portland)
If your not able to attend an event this year, I'm offering to get a book(s) signed/inscribed for you.
Please PM me if your interested..

Also, In addition to my other items listed in the King classified, I'm offering up for trade:
Suntup (snakeskin) Horns S/L'd still in the box w/all the fluff.

I would like to trade for any Suntup books manufactured to date.
Obviously cash might have to pass one way or the other.. also, not looking for damaged items (must be new undamaged, unread)
Please contact via PM
Thanks

That's very nice of you, Richard!

amd013
09-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Hi I am reading my first Joe Hill book (The fireman). Only about 260 pages or so into it. I haven't read any of this thread, because it is so long, but just had a quick question and apologize if it has been asked/answered/discussed already.

There is a character in the book named Harold Cross. I am wondering if this character is an homage to Harold Lauder and Nadine Cross from The Stand.

Thanks,
Mike

sgc1999
09-03-2019, 04:09 PM
I have a lettered Thumbprint for sale in tray-case. any offers welcome.

jsmcmullen92
09-03-2019, 07:44 PM
Hi I am reading my first Joe Hill book (The fireman). Only about 260 pages or so into it. I haven't read any of this thread, because it is so long, but just had a quick question and apologize if it has been asked/answered/discussed already.

There is a character in the book named Harold Cross. I am wondering if this character is an homage to Harold Lauder and Nadine Cross from The Stand.

Thanks,
MikeNo idea on the reference but do have to say don't judge Joe on that book. It's by far his worst so if you like it, it only goes up from there and if you don't then give Horns a try before you give up on him

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ym2000
09-04-2019, 06:18 AM
I have Horns by Suntup Limited for sale - $750. Please let me know if you have interest or if you have anything to trade for whats in my signature.

CyberGhostface
09-04-2019, 06:20 AM

Thanks,
Mike

It's intentional. Hill by his own admission dropped a number of Stand references. For example the deaf kid is named Nick, a reference to Nick Andros.

amd013
09-04-2019, 07:46 AM

Thanks,
Mike

It's intentional. Hill by his own admission dropped a number of Stand references. For example the deaf kid is named Nick, a reference to Nick Andros.

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. I will be on the lookout for more references.

jeffingoff
09-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Thanks,
Mike

yeah I heard that he took The Stand characters and blended them all up and reserved them. I think it's a cool concept but I was told to not start with The Fireman because no one seemed to like it. I'm reading HORNS now and loving it.

Br!an
09-04-2019, 08:54 AM

Thanks,
Mike

yeah I heard that he took The Stand characters and blended them all up and reserved them. I think it's a cool concept but I was told to not start with The Fireman because no one seemed to like it. I'm reading HORNS now and loving it.

I liked The Fireman. I agree it isn't his best though.

Brian861
09-04-2019, 11:39 PM

Thanks,
MikeNo idea on the reference but do have to say don't judge Joe on that book. It's by far his worst so if you like it, it only goes up from there and if you don't then give Horns a try before you give up on him

Completely agree with Josh here. If you never read The Fireman, you'd be none the worse for it.

mikeC
09-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Compared to all of his other writing, the comics, novels, novellas, short stories and even his forwards/introductions, The Fireman is shockingly bad, like from a different author.
I chalk it up to a bad at bat and no more, there are 3 stories in a row in Full Throttle that are truly amazing
Faun>Late Returns>All I Care About is You

cit74
09-05-2019, 02:30 PM
If anyone interested in the SubPress Locke and Key limited books - send me a PM - I have all 4 - perfect condition. Books 1/3/4 - #122 and book 2 - #131 (they all add up to 5 :smile:)- $1050 for all 4 shipped in the US (will split overseas shipping)
PM if interested or any offers

Heather19
09-06-2019, 10:12 AM
Am I the only one that loved The Fireman? I think it's actually my favorite of his.

Brian861
09-06-2019, 10:16 AM
Am I the only one that loved The Fireman? I think it's actually my favorite of his.

Yes, yes you are :lol:

Ricky
09-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Yeah, your opinion is wrong, Heather. :lol:

jeffingoff
09-06-2019, 01:12 PM

You're definitely making me feel better about owning a copy.

Br!an
09-06-2019, 01:52 PM

"A copy?" I have at least six copies. Strangely enough, every one is signed. :orely:

MLG
09-06-2019, 08:14 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed The Fireman. My favorite Hill novel is Heart Shaped Box, Horns and The Fireman fall in line behind that one for me.

Heather19
09-07-2019, 03:40 AM

Yes, yes you are :lol:

Yeah, your opinion is wrong, Heather. :lol:

:rofl:

Maybe you'll join me in the camp that likes it :D

Garrell
09-07-2019, 04:52 AM
NOS4A2 is my favorite, still gotta read The Fireman.

Brian861
09-07-2019, 10:15 AM
NOS4A2 is my favorite, still gotta read The Fireman.

Loved NOS4A2 as well.

Munnecom
09-08-2019, 12:29 AM
I posted this on FB on the Joe Hill Fan Club page, but I figure someone here might be able to help too...

I've been looking into the two different S/L editions of NOS4A2 to determine which one I eventually want to buy. I was hoping you could clear some things up for me...

- The SubPress edition has illustrations by Gabriel Rodriguez; are these illustrations also in the IDW edition?

- The SubPress edition includes Wraith. Is this the prose story that the IDW prequel comic is based on? If so, is that story available anywhere else?

- Which of the two editions would you recommend?

In short, I want as many illustrations and as much of the prose as possible. As far as I can tell, that means NOS4A2 (the novel), Wraith (the prose story) and Wraith: Welcome to Christmasland (the graphic novel). Am I missing anything?

Thanks!

zachip
09-08-2019, 11:19 AM
- The SubPress edition has illustrations by Gabriel Rodriguez; are these illustrations also in the IDW edition? No/ it's different artist.

- The SubPress edition includes Wraith. Is this the prose story that the IDW prequel comic is based on? Yes and it's exclusive to SubPress

- Which of the two editions would you recommend? SubPress. also because the wraith is in prose and just beautiful edition overall.

the wraith graphic novel that is in the IDW limited is also available as a trade edition.

Munnecom
09-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Thanks for your input. I picked up a copy of the IDW edition today, along with the PS edition of The Fireman and the Candy Cane key.

lotuz
09-19-2019, 12:32 PM
Selling a PC copy of Looking Glass, the first book in the Cemetery Dance Signature Series, featuring (and signed by) Joe Hill and a bunch of other people.

Fine in Fine brodart-covered dustjacket.

Last eBay sales were $85 (a BIN that sold immediately), $125, and $150. Currently one listed at $200.

$100 PayPal F&F, shipping is free in the lower 48 and at cost everywhere else.

(Cross-posted in the Other Collectible Authors thread)

SOLD

Brian861
09-21-2019, 09:29 AM
GameStop has an exclusive cover for the Marvel #1000 comic that I'm going to try and pick up today. If you're interested and can't get to GameStop or don't have one near you, let me know and I'll try and pick one up for ya. The cost is $9.99 and they are already up on eBay at hugely inflated prices.

MarcoL
09-21-2019, 12:40 PM
GameStop has an exclusive cover for the Marvel #1000 comic that I'm going to try and pick up today. If you're interested and can't get to GameStop or don't have one near you, let me know and I'll try and pick one up for ya. The cost is $9.99 and they are already up on eBay at hugely inflated prices.

I’d be interested in one if you managed to pick up an extra. Cheers!

Brian861
09-21-2019, 12:57 PM

I’d be interested in one if you managed to pick up an extra. Cheers!

Will do, Marco!

lotuz
09-25-2019, 04:30 PM
Selling a PC copy of Looking Glass, the first book in the Cemetery Dance Signature Series, featuring (and signed by) Joe Hill and a bunch of other people.

Fine in Fine brodart-covered dustjacket.

Last eBay sales were $85 (a BIN that sold immediately), $125, and $150. Currently one listed at $200.

$100 PayPal F&F, shipping is free in the lower 48 and at cost everywhere else.

(Cross-posted in the Other Collectible Authors thread)

SOLD$85, then to eBay in a few days if no bites

Iwritecode
09-26-2019, 05:44 AM
No idea on the reference but do have to say don't judge Joe on that book. It's by far his worst so if you like it, it only goes up from there and if you don't then give Horns a try before you give up on him

I think it's a cool concept but I was told to not start with The Fireman because no one seemed to like it. I'm reading HORNS now and loving it.

Completely agree with Josh here. If you never read The Fireman, you'd be none the worse for it.

Compared to all of his other writing, the comics, novels, novellas, short stories and even his forwards/introductions, The Fireman is shockingly bad, like from a different author.

I just finished this book last night. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that didn't like it that much.

It wasn't even like it was a really bad story or bad writing. It just drug on FOR-EV-ER!

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/hEwkspP1OllJK/giphy.gif

This book probably could've been and should've been about half the length that it was.

Luckily this wasn't my first Joe Hill book. I've read most of his other stuff and enjoyed it. But this one he seems to channel his dad with a case of "diarrhea of the word processor".

SystemCrashOverRide
09-26-2019, 06:11 AM
Chiming in to agree that of his novels it's likely my least favourite. I didn't hate it, but I found I struggled to want to finish it out. I set it down more than once and wasn't compelled by the climax. I'm looking forward to Full Throttle though, I enjoyed Strange Weather.

Munnecom
09-29-2019, 06:35 AM
For sale:

NOS4A2 – Joe Hill (#991/999, signed x2 by Joe Hill and C.P. Wilson III)
Fine book in a fine slipcase, includes the graphic novel Wraith
$180

Key to the Candy Cane Gates (Skelton Crew Studio)
#84/400, the attached card is signed x2 by Joe Hill and C.P. Wilson III.
$125

Both for $285 with free shipping! PM me if interested. Thanks for looking!

MarcoL
09-29-2019, 10:05 AM
Only a couple nights sleep until Full Throttle's released! Looking for a copy of the regular presigned edition (the one with the same ISBN as the hardcover 9780062200679 but with a tipped in signature sheet).

T-Dogz_AK47
09-29-2019, 12:31 PM
Does anyone know if Joe Hill has a UK book signing planned in the near future?

MarcoL
09-29-2019, 01:55 PM

There's no formal book signing planned for the UK unfortunately

MLG
09-29-2019, 06:39 PM
Only a couple nights sleep until Full Throttle's released! Looking for a copy of the regular presigned edition (the one with the same ISBN as the hardcover 9780062200679 but with a tipped in signature sheet).

I will be at his Powell's appearance tomorrow. I can pick up an extra copy if they have these.

MarcoL
09-29-2019, 11:38 PM

I will be at his Powell's appearance tomorrow. I can pick up an extra copy if they have these.

That’d be great! Thanks for trying to help out! This was the only one I haven’t been able to preorder, got the B&N, BAM presigned editions, an inscribed copy from Water Street books, paperbacks and all various UK editions on order. Cheers!

MLG
09-30-2019, 04:47 AM

That’d be great! Thanks for trying to help out! This was the only one I haven’t been able to preorder, got the B&N, BAM presigned editions, an inscribed copy from Water Street books, paperbacks and all various UK editions on order. Cheers!

No Problem. I expect Powell's to have that version. I will let you know after I get there and confirm they have them.

MLG
09-30-2019, 03:45 PM

Well I suspect I may not be able to get you a copy tonight. I am at Powell’s and there no copies to be found. I asked and they are going bring out books for him to sign at the end of his appearance. I am guessing the copies with the tipped in sheets may not make it out until tomorrow.

Garrell
09-30-2019, 05:57 PM
New Joe Hill...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191001/6dddf6b0832460836d0c0009005dd229.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191001/1d3ec396bb9dbc69a4d666c64ca4b4f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLG
09-30-2019, 09:49 PM

No luck with tipped in sheets tonight. I asked one person if they would have some tomorrow and he had no idea. I will try to swing by later in the week, but that will be schedule dependent. I will keep an eye hear in case you are able to secure one before that.

Brian861
09-30-2019, 10:35 PM

No luck with tipped in sheets tonight. I asked one person if they would have some tomorrow and he had no idea. I will try to swing by later in the week, but that will be schedule dependent. I will keep an eye hear in case you are able to secure one before that.

I'll check for you on Wednesday as well, Marco.

MarcoL
10-01-2019, 12:20 AM

Well I suspect I may not be able to get you a copy tonight. I am at Powell’s and there no copies to be found. I asked and they are going bring out books for him to sign at the end of his appearance. I am guessing the copies with the tipped in sheets may not make it out until tomorrow.

Alas...thanks for trying to help out, much appreciated !!!

MarcoL
10-01-2019, 12:23 AM

There's no formal book signing planned for the UK unfortunately

I visited Joe’s UK publisher yesterday and asked about any UK signings. None are planned for the time being...

Munnecom
10-01-2019, 01:48 AM
For sale:

NOS4A2 – Joe Hill (#991/999, signed x2 by Joe Hill and C.P. Wilson III)
Fine book in a fine slipcase, includes the graphic novel Wraith

Key to the Candy Cane Gates (Skelton Crew Studio)
#84/400, the attached card is signed x2 by Joe Hill and C.P. Wilson III.

Both for $285 with free shipping! PM me if interested. Thanks for looking!

Dropped to $260!

sharki69
10-01-2019, 03:49 AM
Who will be tomorrow in Denver for the event?

Brian861
10-01-2019, 07:07 AM

Me!!

sharki69
10-01-2019, 07:12 AM

Me!!

PM’d you!

Beverly Marsh
10-01-2019, 09:39 AM

Me!!

Have a great time Brian! I want pics and stories! Know you've been waiting a long time for this.

MarcoL
10-01-2019, 09:46 AM

Me!!

Wishing you tons of fun !

jeffingoff
10-01-2019, 09:59 AM
So cool! I'd love to hang out with the Denver crowd.

MarcoL
10-01-2019, 10:17 AM
Any of you going to NYCC?

Brian861
10-01-2019, 10:25 AM

Me!!

PM’d you!

Got it, Shac. See you there!

Me!!

Have a great time Brian! I want pics and stories! Know you've been waiting a long time for this.

Thanks, Lori! I won't sleep a wink tonight in anticipation. Like a kid going to Disney World. I'll report back on Thursday!

Me!!

Wishing you tons of fun !

Thanks, Marco! Hopefully I can score that book for you.

So cool! I'd love to hang out with the Denver crowd.

Come on down! A hop, skip, and a jump. We need you to unbox the event!

Garrell
10-01-2019, 10:37 AM
Hope you have a blast!!!!!!!

Brian861
10-01-2019, 10:38 AM
Hope you have a blast!!!!!!!

Thanks, Garrell!

M_O_O_N
10-01-2019, 01:36 PM
If you have a question for Joe, ask it. There were goodies passed out last night in Portland for those who did.

Brian861
10-01-2019, 01:48 PM
If you have a question for Joe, ask it. There were goodies passed out last night in Portland for those who did.

Will do then.

Read in this newsletter that he has signed over 1000 pre-orders of Full Throttle.

The Library Policeman
10-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Have a great time, Brian. Joe is a good guy you’ll love it.

Brian861
10-01-2019, 08:15 PM
Have a great time, Brian. Joe is a good guy you’ll love it.

Thanks, Alan!

Brian861
10-01-2019, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7j_EoAK7Pk&feature=em-uploademail

Garrell
10-01-2019, 08:38 PM
Nice unboxing. Noticed the Josh Malermans’ in the back, good stuff.

MarcoL
10-01-2019, 11:59 PM

Do you know what type of goodies were passed around?

Br!an
10-02-2019, 05:27 AM
I'm not your monkey! :rofl:

jeffingoff
10-02-2019, 05:46 AM

Thanks. I have one on loan back from my son. And of course GOBLIN in the slipcase and the lettered BIRD BOX are my prizes.

Brian861
10-02-2019, 05:46 AM

Oh, but he is. He so is........ :evil:

jeffingoff
10-02-2019, 05:47 AM

I cried in the mirror for 30 minutes after recording.

jeffingoff
10-02-2019, 05:52 AM

Oh, but he is. He so is........ :evil:

And I must say, thank you to all of you for not pointing out the broken logic of whining that $175 was a bridge too far when it comes to collecting Hill and then pointing to my nearly $1k worth of HORNS in the Suntup VIP Section.

Bev Vincent
10-02-2019, 06:16 AM
New Joe Hill...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191001/6dddf6b0832460836d0c0009005dd229.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191001/1d3ec396bb9dbc69a4d666c64ca4b4f0.jpg

Quite thrilled to get a few mentions in the story notes at the end of this book, one as "horror and fantasy critic."

racerx45
10-02-2019, 07:58 AM
A few photos from last night.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191002/e76c6031dbf37cb792b0b41b7da06ac0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191002/fe992a609030806255c4745a5cb72b87.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191002/c37d71b9c437ce49247bda29f962fc64.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

zelig
10-02-2019, 08:35 AM
Nice T-Shirt! The book is cool too!

jeffingoff
10-02-2019, 08:56 AM
SO SO SO JEALOUS! Though it's putting me on edge the way you're leaning on HORNS.
Looks like you had an incredible time.

racerx45
10-02-2019, 09:31 AM
SO SO SO JEALOUS! Though it's putting me on edge the way you're leaning on HORNS.

It’s just a book man. :panic:

No but really, I hear what you are saying, and don’t worry I wasn’t putting any weight on it just holding securely waiting to ask him about it.

sharki69
10-02-2019, 10:04 AM

Paul, I hope to post similar photo from tonight...

Garrell
10-02-2019, 10:24 AM

Thanks. I have one on loan back from my son. And of course GOBLIN in the slipcase and the lettered BIRD BOX are my prizes.

Still hunting for Goblin...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191002/d69fdf91285e869bcfe0dda806a3a35e.jpg

zelig
10-02-2019, 10:39 AM

Paul, I hope to post similar photo from tonight...

Looking forward to it Shac!

jeffingoff
10-02-2019, 11:04 AM

It's a tough one to get! I sure wish I had bought two at the time.

Joe315
10-02-2019, 11:50 AM

Do you have the black edge version of Bird Box from the uk?

jeffingoff
10-02-2019, 12:13 PM

It’s just a book man. :panic:

No but really, I hear what you are saying, and don’t worry I wasn’t putting any weight on it just holding securely waiting to ask him about it.

Well, it's an awesome story with some awesome photos. And I'm glad Joe got a kick out of seeing a fan with the book.

Garrell
10-02-2019, 12:36 PM
Do you have the black edge version of Bird Box from the uk?[/QUOTE]
I do not

jeffingoff
10-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Do you have the black edge version of Bird Box from the uk?
I do not[/QUOTE]

i also do not

sharki69
10-02-2019, 08:20 PM
Tonight event in Denver

Me and my daughter
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/8b669d831c29b0697f4d28d2b4b79f49.jpg

With Brian861 and Jason
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/792669fe2ce151be18b9ac5b5392b394.jpg

Joe passed the challenge to write my Hebrew name....
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/4fa609702036cd5f4cb698fed8062c9c.jpg

MarcoL
10-02-2019, 09:36 PM
Tonight event in Denver

Me and my daughter
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/8b669d831c29b0697f4d28d2b4b79f49.jpg

With Brian861 and Jason
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/792669fe2ce151be18b9ac5b5392b394.jpg

Joe passed the challenge to write my Hebrew name....
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/4fa609702036cd5f4cb698fed8062c9c.jpg

Great stuff! Hope you all enjoyed the event!

Munnecom
10-03-2019, 12:41 AM

What's this about a slipcase for Goblin? It wasn't issued with one, right? Is it a custom job? Tell me, monkey!

Also, it's funny how similar our collections are. As I watch your videos, I look at the shelves behind you and go "Got that. Got that, too. Yup, that one too." You must have great taste!

jeffingoff
10-03-2019, 03:11 AM

What's this about a slipcase for Goblin? It wasn't issued with one, right? Is it a custom job? Tell me, monkey!

Also, it's funny how similar our collections are. As I watch your videos, I look at the shelves behind you and go "Got that. Got that, too. Yup, that one too." You must have great taste!

Months ago, someone on Facebook mentioned that the slipcase for Earthling’s edition of The Scarlet Gospels was a perfect fit for Goblin. So I emailed Paul and asked if he could sell me one. He made it clear that there weren’t many extras and he needed them for the book they were made to hold. But he found one. It’s covered in what Paul refers to as goblin skin.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/ec43b1cd99dfec771de13b14f893b106.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/f7ab19ac9806f711599c84b1e11b3e96.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191003/5fa8681d3c4baf26b97272be76b77be5.jpg

Garrell
10-03-2019, 03:34 AM
Very nice

Beverly Marsh
10-04-2019, 06:41 AM
Great pics guys! Thanks for sharing the stories and glad you had a good time.

:yawn: we're waiting Brian......

MLG
10-04-2019, 04:30 PM

Are you still looking for a copy of this edition?

MarcoL
10-04-2019, 10:56 PM

Found one on Abebooks yesterday. Thanks for asking and for offering to help out, much appreciated!

MLG
10-05-2019, 08:37 AM

Found one on Abebooks yesterday. Thanks for asking and for offering to help out, much appreciated!

No problem, glad you found one.

kingfan2323
10-05-2019, 11:56 AM
Not alone, I am sure, but anyone looking to sell NOS4A2 Sub Press with Slipcase? May be interested if price is decent. Thanks a lot.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF

Brian861
10-05-2019, 10:46 PM

Sorry, Lori. Took my old ass some time to recover from nearly 16+ hours in a vehicle! It was well worth it though and I had a blast! Everyone was great and asked great questions. I can't wait until the next event. I've decided I'll travel no matter the distance to see Joe again.

Thanks to Shac's daughter and my wife, I was able to get a total of 9 items signed, including one for my cousin who I'm going to surprise. I could have gone back through the line again but it probably would have been close to another hour wait. We were hungry and tired from the drive so decided the items I got signed were enough. It gave me a whole new appreciation for what Joe does for his fans. He probably signed close to 500 items at this event alone. The man is a machine and must be exhausted after each event.

Huge thanks to Jason (third from the left in the photo above) and his wife Katie for carting us to and from the event from our hotel. As well as dining with us after. An unforgettable evening without a doubt!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/medium/Me_With_Joe_Hill.JPG

The Library Policeman
10-06-2019, 12:51 AM
That’s awesome you had a great time, Brian. I knew you would and I know you’ve waited a while to see Joe also. You need to get the signed goodies posted on your collection page!

MarcoL
10-06-2019, 06:34 AM

Sorry, Lori. Took my old ass some time to recover from nearly 16+ hours in a vehicle! It was well worth it though and I had a blast! Everyone was great and asked great questions. I can't wait until the next event. I've decided I'll travel no matter the distance to see Joe again.

Thanks to Shac's daughter and my wife, I was able to get a total of 9 items signed, including one for my cousin who I'm going to surprise. I could have gone back through the line again but it probably would have been close to another hour wait. We were hungry and tired from the drive so decided the items I got signed were enough. It gave me a whole new appreciation for what Joe does for his fans. He probably signed close to 500 items at this event alone. The man is a machine and must be exhausted after each event.

Huge thanks to Jason (third from the left in the photo above) and his wife Katie for carting us to and from the event from our hotel. As well as dining with us after. An unforgettable evening without a doubt!

Pleased to read you had a fab time Brian !!

Brian861
10-06-2019, 08:36 AM
That’s awesome you had a great time, Brian. I knew you would and I know you’ve waited a while to see Joe also. You need to get the signed goodies posted on your collection page!

Thanks, Alan! And yes I do!

Thanks, Marco!

Cwalker
10-06-2019, 08:42 AM

Thanks, Alan! And yes I do!

Thanks, Marco!

Did you get a chance to ask Joe a question? I have seen rumors of keychains being given out...

Brian861
10-06-2019, 09:02 AM
I didn't get the chance, Chris but he did handout out randomly some NOS4A2 key chains. Shac scored one.

Ben Eads
10-07-2019, 06:45 AM
I wonder why the signed numbered limited edition of Hill's Full Throttle hasn't sold out yet. Usually they go pretty quick.

jeffingoff
10-07-2019, 07:52 AM
I wonder why the signed numbered limited edition of Hill's Full Throttle hasn't sold out yet. Usually they go pretty quick.

Please. I’m trying to resist it. Though I love everything about it.

SystemCrashOverRide
10-07-2019, 08:14 AM

Me as well.

With shipping to Canada and USD to CAD conversion it's like $300, which is just a bit too rich for me at the moment. We'll see if there are any available after pay day.

jeffingoff
10-07-2019, 08:19 AM

Me as well.

With shipping to Canada and USD to CAD conversion it's like $300, which is just a bit too rich for me at the moment. We'll see if there are any available after pay day.

So we're the reasons it hasn't sold out! Must only be two remaining. LOL

Brian861
10-07-2019, 09:30 AM

Like Jeff pointed out in this video; he's spent a million bucks on Joe thus far but can't stretch this :rolleyes:

kingfan2323
10-07-2019, 01:49 PM

Like Jeff pointed out in this video; he's spent a million bucks on Joe thus far but can't stretch this :rolleyes:Do collections usually sell slower? I mean in general?

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
Dead Zone 1st Edition F/F or NF/NF

Kingfan24
10-07-2019, 02:52 PM

Because it’s highly overpriced for a Joe hill limited.

Beverly Marsh
10-08-2019, 05:03 AM

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/medium/Me_With_Joe_Hill.JPG

Yay!! So glad you had fun Brian! You look very happy :) What did you get signed?

Beverly Marsh
10-08-2019, 05:05 AM

Same boat Jeff. The more I see of this book the more I like it. I may have to throw in the life vest and get one but still. trying. to. resist.

jeffingoff
10-08-2019, 05:34 AM

Same boat Jeff. The more I see of this book the more I like it. I may have to throw in the life vest and get one but still. trying. to. resist.

I just remind myself that Paul may be announcing another book this year. And I have a signed/inscribed first edition Full Throttle. And at some point PS will be doing more SK editions and CD will be doing Pet Sematary and SST will continue rolling with the Lansdale collections and Earthling will be doing some lettered editions for which I'm on a waitlist. And then it gets easier.

Cwalker
10-08-2019, 08:29 AM
Being that I have divested myself of 99% of my King signed and gift edition stuff to focus on Joe and some other authors, ordering the new FT s/l was kind of a no brainer for me. Of course being able to make payments through Camelot made a huge difference.🙂

WeDealInLead
10-08-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm considering getting the UK edition of Full Throttle because of the artwork. It's a little less underwhelming than the US cover.

SystemCrashOverRide
10-08-2019, 10:09 AM
I'm considering getting the UK edition of Full Throttle because of the artwork. It's a little less underwhelming than the US cover.

You prefer the stock photo of a motorcycle on the UK cover to the artwork on the US edition? I actually thought the UK edition was a little lackluster looking...

That said, I ordered the signed copy from WaterStones: https://www.waterstones.com/book/full-throttle/joe-hill/9781473229747

WeDealInLead
10-08-2019, 10:14 AM
The picture you posted is the cover I prefer. I'm not sure if there are any other UK editions. There's nothing wrong with the US cover but it's a little too familiar.

Brian861
10-08-2019, 12:52 PM
Yay!! So glad you had fun Brian! You look very happy :) What did you get signed?

Thanks, Lori! Pretty much was grinning like an idiot the entire evening as you can tell lol.

Full Throttle, of course, a few UK 1st, a HC of Locke & Key, and a few magazines. I hoping to get those posted in my collection thread in the next day or two.

dnemec
10-08-2019, 05:43 PM

You prefer the stock photo of a motorcycle on the UK cover to the artwork on the US edition? I actually thought the UK edition was a little lackluster looking...

That said, I ordered the signed copy from WaterStones: https://www.waterstones.com/book/full-throttle/joe-hill/9781473229747

Thanks for posting, didn't see they were selling one signed.

herbertwest
10-09-2019, 07:00 AM
Someone have recently found an uncorrected proof of HORNS for 0.50
Maybe someone here that collects him could make him an offer ;)

>>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/stephenking/comments/dfgeo0/found_this_a_while_back_in_a_charity_shop/

Tatiana
10-11-2019, 04:00 AM
I've just finished reading "The collaborators" short story and I find it good. Has anyone read "the saved"? Send me a spoiler over PM, please :innocent:

Brian861
10-12-2019, 11:35 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/Hill_House_Comics_Sampler_1.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/Hill_House_Comics_Sampler_2.JPG

MarcoL
10-12-2019, 12:01 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/Hill_House_Comics_Sampler_1.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/Hill_House_Comics_Sampler_2.JPG

Nice ! Ordered a copy from a UK bookseller recently, it’s waiting for me at my UK shipping address..

MarcoL
10-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Long shot but who knows....does anyone have an extra copy of the Dying is Easy ashcan that was handed out at NYCC??

Br!an
10-12-2019, 12:22 PM
Not comics again! :panic:

CyberGhostface
10-12-2019, 02:09 PM
First world problems and all that but I was a little frustrated at a recent signing where Hill would only sign Full Throttle and for anything else you would have to go to back of the line afterwards. Usually it's just "I'll sign 2-3 of whatever and then you go to the back of the line" to prevent someone from bringing twelve books or something. He would sign up to three copies of Full Throttle upfront so it wasn't a time issue either. Maybe it was a publisher request or the store trying to sell more copies. I only brought one other book and a comic but it was getting late so I just left.

Roseannebarr
10-12-2019, 04:22 PM
If you went to Nashua NH. That was the bookstore rule. He still signed 3 items per person. If one was full throttle. Line ended at 10:02 pm. He signed for everyone and never stopped until he was done. Over 300 people in attendance. I ended up helping his beautiful wife face over 100 more books for the store after he signed over 800 books. I told him to keep it up after he gets famous. Lot Guy said that did not come out the way I thought it in my head. Largest crowd I have seen at a hill event yet

Brian861
10-12-2019, 10:16 PM
If you went to Nashua NH. That was the bookstore rule. He still signed 3 items per person. If one was full throttle. Line ended at 10:02 pm. He signed for everyone and never stopped until he was done. Over 300 people in attendance. I ended up helping his beautiful wife face over 100 more books for the store after he signed over 800 books. I told him to keep it up after he gets famous. Lot Guy said that did not come out the way I thought it in my head. Largest crowd I have seen at a hill event yet

That's the way it was in Denver as far as the book rule.

redsoxfan565
10-13-2019, 03:33 AM
First world problems and all that but I was a little frustrated at a recent signing where Hill would only sign Full Throttle and for anything else you would have to go to back of the line afterwards. Usually it's just "I'll sign 2-3 of whatever and then you go to the back of the line" to prevent someone from bringing twelve books or something. He would sign up to three copies of Full Throttle upfront so it wasn't a time issue either. Maybe it was a publisher request or the store trying to sell more copies. I only brought one other book and a comic but it was getting late so I just left.

You could still get your other items done, you just needed to have a copy of the new book at first to get in the line. That is pretty standard for most book signings that I have ever done. After all, the author and the bookstore want to sell the new book. Joe took care of the rest of the items at the end of the signing. Still a nice guy.

CyberGhostface
10-13-2019, 05:06 AM

You could still get your other items done, you just needed to have a copy of the new book at first to get in the line. That is pretty standard for most book signings that I have ever done. After all, the author and the bookstore want to sell the new book. Joe took care of the rest of the items at the end of the signing. Still a nice guy.

This is news to me, the sign and the workers all indicated if you wanted anything *but* Throttle signed you would have to go to the end of the line after he signed it. I’ve been to several of his signings and this was the first time this happened. I wasn’t blaming Joe, though.

Roseannebarr
10-13-2019, 06:22 AM

This is news to me, the sign and the workers all indicated if you wanted anything *but* Throttle signed you would have to go to the end of the line after he signed it. I’ve been to several of his signings and this was the first time this happened. I wasn’t blaming Joe, though.

I was watching from the beginning to the end. Most people put throttle on top and the other two underneath. But you are right. That was the worker’s narrative. Joe did not care! And I know you were not blaming joe. But if you did not have throttle. One worker was telling people to go to end of line

Heather19
10-15-2019, 04:18 PM
I was at the Nashua NH event. I was also confused by the wording of 3 books signed, but I only brought 2 other books with me and he graciously signed the other 2 right after signing Full Throttle. The way it was worded by the woman working there did make it sound like you could only get Full Throttle signed, but people in front of me were giving him other books so I did the same. Plus I was near the front and had he chose not to sign it I would have most likely left with just Full Throttle.

As for the event, I thought Joe was highly entertaining. I loved hearing his stories. There were tons of people there, the most out of any of his events that I've been to in the past. Maybe he's just becoming more popular though. The first event I went to was for Horns, and there were probably about 30-40 people there? I'm not sure how many were at this one but the place was packed. I felt so bad for all the people that got stuck standing, and I was surprised they didn't have more chairs for everyone considering there was a lot of room to put some out. Maybe they just weren't used to hosting such a big event.

Beverly Marsh
11-01-2019, 05:45 AM
Saw Joe in Bangor on the 24th of Oct. This was about the 5th time maybe? Same stories, different venue but always a good time. I had Full Throttle inscribed and my Horns AGE. I wanted a doodle in Horns but I think he was tired and since he didn't offer it up, I didn't ask. This was my friends first time seeing him and she has a daughter named Harper so I told her she should get a copy of The Fireman and have it inscribed to Harper. He doodled the phoenix in it for her, it was cute. For my Full Throttle I asked him to inscribe the line from Late Returns about reading books being like trying on other people's lives. I had it in my head all week and when I finally got up there drew a total blank on it. It finally came to me. Lol. I also asked him about the original ending to NOS4A2 since he told the story about it and his mom at the King/Hill event. I actually liked it better than how he decided to end it but I didn't tell him that ;)
For those that want to know(SPOILERS if you haven't read it yet!) he was going to have Wayne come into the bedroom holding a knife with a creepy Christmasland grin on his face, sit down on the bed next to Lou and say Merry Christmas. The End. I'm not telling it as good as he did but that's the gist. How creepy would that have been!

Garrell
11-01-2019, 05:47 AM
Thank you for that info. I was curious as to the different ended that he mentioned in Boston, I like it.

CyberGhostface
11-01-2019, 06:51 AM
Yeah that's the alternate ending in the Subterranean Press edition. The story is he was committed to including that until Tabitha told him to change it.

It's an interesting idea but it reminds me of King's story about the original ending to Misery when it was just a novella where Annie kills Paul and binds the novel with his skin. As King says, it's one thing to end a novella like that it's another to have the reader committed to seeing a character through over the course of a full novel and pull the rug up from them like that. I think having a huge novel like NOS4A2 ending on such a grim note with all of Vic's sacrifice being for naught would have been like that.

kingfan2323
11-09-2019, 02:24 PM
Would love some help:

1. Am I correct that Heart Shaped, Fireman, Strange Weather,and Full Throttle are the only Hill S/L Gollancz Editions?

2. Who is the master, the resident expert on Joe Hill at TDT.org? Do not be shy if it is you!

Thx

looking for: The Terror S/L,
Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L

Br!an
11-09-2019, 04:55 PM
MarcoL has my vote for resident Hill expert. Here is his web site... http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

kingfan2323
11-09-2019, 05:09 PM
MarcoL has my vote for resident Hill expert. Here is here web site... http://www.joehillbibliography.com/Looks like a good site to bookmark. Thanks, Brian.

MarcoL
11-10-2019, 03:45 AM
MarcoL has my vote for resident Hill expert. Here is his web site... http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Thanks for the shout out! Much appreciated

Hunchback Jack
11-12-2019, 02:23 PM
Question for those the US who ordered the Goldsboro UK signed edition of Full Throttle: do you have it yet?

I ordered it back in August, and got an immediate "Order Processing" email, but nothing since then. No shipping notice, no book.

Am I alone?

HBJ

Brian861
11-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Question for those the US who ordered the Goldsboro UK signed edition of Full Throttle: do you have it yet?

I ordered it back in August, and got an immediate "Order Processing" email, but nothing since then. No shipping notice, no book.

Am I alone?

HBJ

I received an email asking me to verify my address but that was weeks ago. Nothing as of yet.

Br!an
11-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Am I alone?

HBJ

I received an email asking me to verify my address but that was weeks ago. Nothing as of yet.

It seems to me that the address verification should be followed by a timely shipping of the item. :orely: If it takes weeks, the address could potentially change.

Brian861
11-12-2019, 04:36 PM

Am I alone?

HBJ

It seems to me that the address verification should be followed by a timely shipping of the item. :orely: If it takes weeks, the address could potentially change.

Agreed. I should probably email them and check on the status.

Garrell
11-12-2019, 09:06 PM
I emailed them yesterday and have received no response. Got Joe Hill book and another and my order is a month old and just says processed. Not happy with their crappy service.

cit74
11-13-2019, 07:25 AM
I received my goldsboro full throttle last week sometime (153/250) - so might still by in transit for others

SystemCrashOverRide
11-13-2019, 08:03 AM
I picked up the Goldsboro Fireman, but I missed out on their Full Throttle, I don't know why I didn't think to search for it. Love the embossed page they've added. I wonder what the resale on them will be?

Garrell
11-13-2019, 10:04 AM
They did email me back and said it is on the way. No tracking number but at least I got a response.

Brian861
11-13-2019, 11:50 AM
They did email me back and said it is on the way. No tracking number but at least I got a response.

That's good to know. I haven't had any trouble with them in the past and they always package well. I wonder if there was a hiccup somewhere along the way.

kingfan2323
11-13-2019, 02:57 PM
Excited and wanted to share! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191113/0730d9d0cb39cb332dc5a0a9d1923cd0.jpg

Hunchback Jack
11-13-2019, 03:00 PM
Very cool! That’s a nice (and impressively large) edition!

By the way, my Goldsboro Full Throttle arrived today. So no drama.

kingfan2323
11-13-2019, 03:07 PM
Very cool! That’s a nice (and impressively large) edition!

By the way, my Goldsboro Full Throttle arrived today. So no drama.Thing is a monster. Love the texture of the jacket too (different).

Congrats on your Full Throttle. If you did not get it already J. Whilley has a cool slip for it too (note: I do not make a penny by mentioning it)

Brian861
11-13-2019, 04:27 PM
The Goldsboro edition, if I'm remembering correctly, is slipcased.

That edition of NOS4A2 is a beast! Congrats!

Garrell
11-13-2019, 06:31 PM
Yea that NOS4A2 is one beautiful book. It is on my want list to obtain next year.

kingfan2323
11-13-2019, 06:52 PM

That edition of NOS4A2 is a beast! Congrats!It is not, unfortunately.

And thanks a lot, Brian. It is bigger than I thought. Well done too.

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L

Brian861
11-13-2019, 10:35 PM

That edition of NOS4A2 is a beast! Congrats!It is not, unfortunately.

And thanks a lot, Brian. It is bigger than I thought. Well done too.

Welcome and damn. Looks like I'll be ordering a case from Jeff as well.

kingfan2323
11-18-2019, 09:33 AM
Probably like tracking down a Cent. Press Salem's Lot traycase but if I end up needing one does anyone have a NOSFA2 Sub Press slipcase they are selling? Thx

kingfan2323
11-19-2019, 03:48 PM
Think someone on here may have been looking for Gollanzc Limited Full Throttle.

Not my sale and I gain nothing but thought I would post. Decent price. $54

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F25 4423557430

RC65
11-19-2019, 07:18 PM
Pics of the aforementioned (and slipcase-less) Goldsboro S/L edition:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/status/1196533738785501184?s=21

kingfan2323
11-19-2019, 07:33 PM
Pics of the aforementioned (and slipcase-less) Goldsboro S/L edition:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/status/1196533738785501184?s=21And to compliment RC's post: slipcase by J. Whiley. No printing on "spine" of slip unfortunately.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191120/8ffd1823c909d63678f6561524236ca1.jpg

RC65
11-19-2019, 08:04 PM
That slipcase is pretty sharp…may have to give that some thought for my own copy of FULL THROTTLE.

Brian861
11-19-2019, 10:52 PM
That slipcase is pretty sharp…may have to give that some thought for my own copy of FULL THROTTLE.

That's a very sharp case. The one he did for The Fireman was excellent as well. Way better than what it houses unfortunately.

kingfan2323
11-20-2019, 01:45 AM

That's a very sharp case. The one he did for The Fireman was excellent as well. Way better than what it houses unfortunately.Everyone's favorite: The Fireman.

Is this the Fireman case you are referring to?

Not a big fan but maybe he makes another? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191120/95a120e8b45894a2dd139d62a4d5ee48.jpg

Brian861
11-20-2019, 04:55 AM
Yes, Sir. That's the one.

sharki69
11-20-2019, 06:13 AM
Received my Goldsboro S/L FT.

I have spare copy if anyone is interested PM me

kingfan2323
11-20-2019, 11:06 AM
Excited. Both limited to 200. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191120/5aace6b7e6a98990727409e617f99395.jpg

RC65
11-20-2019, 11:09 AM

That's a very sharp case. The one he did for The Fireman was excellent as well. Way better than what it houses unfortunately.

True on both counts. I also have the slipcase for THE FIREMAN, which is another reason the one for FULL THROTTLE is of great interest to me.

swintek
11-20-2019, 01:05 PM

True on both counts. I also have the slipcase for THE FIREMAN, which is another reason the one for FULL THROTTLE is of great interest to me.

There is something.. special about that THE FIREMAN slipcase Jeff did, isn't there? Could never put my finger on it, but, it just classes up that book immensely.

Hunchback Jack
11-20-2019, 01:33 PM
Excited. Both limited to 200. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191120/5aace6b7e6a98990727409e617f99395.jpg

Oh, congrats! They look very nice indeed!

(I have a different edition of the PS Horns - slgned in a black slipcase, maybe? Did they do more than one signed edition?)

HBJ

kingfan2323
11-20-2019, 03:08 PM

Oh, congrats! They look very nice indeed!

(I have a different edition of the PS Horns - slgned in a black slipcase, maybe? Did they do more than one signed edition?)

HBJYes Sir. That is the slipcased limited to 500.

kingfan2323
11-20-2019, 03:09 PM

There is something.. special about that THE FIREMAN slipcase Jeff did, isn't there? Could never put my finger on it, but, it just classes up that book immensely.Damn. It must be nice. I'll have to order one.

Garrell
11-20-2019, 03:17 PM
Nice stuff there. Congrats

kingfan2323
11-20-2019, 03:18 PM
Thanks HBJ and Garrell

Brian861
11-20-2019, 06:42 PM
Thanks HBJ and Garrell

Nice, Bryan! I still need that edition of Horns.

Brian861
12-01-2019, 10:03 AM
Very Fine Books exclusive Joe Hill slipcase for Full Throttle. It included the book which could be inscribed via preorder:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/Joe_Hill_Throttle_Very_Fine_Books_Slicase.JPG

kingfan2323
12-01-2019, 01:20 PM
Very Fine Books exclusive Joe Hill slipcase for Full Throttle. It included the book which could be inscribed via preorder:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/Joe_Hill_Throttle_Very_Fine_Books_Slicase.JPGNice. Congrats! Anything on the spine side?

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House #'ed, RB Gift,
Dead Zone 1st/1st

Hunchback Jack
12-01-2019, 02:36 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/Joe_Hill_Throttle_Very_Fine_Books_Slicase.JPG

That looks like it might be one of Jeff Whiley’s. They may be selling them on his behalf.

Brian861
12-01-2019, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=Brian861;1174951]Very Fine Books exclusive Joe Hill slipcase for Full Throttle. It included the book which could be inscribed via preorder:

Anything on the spine side?

Thanks! Nothing on the spine.

[QUOTE=Brian861;1174951]Very Fine Books exclusive Joe Hill slipcase for Full Throttle. It included the book which could be inscribed via preorder:

That looks like it might be one of Jeff Whiley’s. They may be selling them on his behalf.

I thought the same thing, Peter when I first opened it. I'm gonna contact Jeff in regards to it. I may be returning it if that's the case.

Edit: From their site: This special version of Full Throttle in the custom slipcase with the archival sleeve protection is only available from veryfinebooks and is not available for purchase anywhere else. Very limited availability. Place your order now while it lasts!

kingfan2323
12-01-2019, 11:26 PM

Anything on the spine side?

Thanks! Nothing on the spine.

I thought the same thing, Peter when I first opened it. I'm gonna contact Jeff in regards to it. I may be returning it if that's the case.

Edit: From their site: This special version of Full Throttle in the custom slipcase with the archival sleeve protection is only available from veryfinebooks and is not available for purchase anywhere else. Very limited availability. Place your order now while it lasts!When I asked him about full throttle slips he did not mention it. Unless he waa not allowed to.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Brian861
12-02-2019, 11:24 AM
He may have created it specifically for them.

Hunchback Jack
12-02-2019, 06:36 PM
A couple of weeks ago, I asked him about his UK Full Throttle slipcase, and he sent me a pic of both the US and UK cases. The US one looks exactly the same as the one above.

It may not be for sale from him, though; I didn't ask him about it, as I wanted the UK one.

HBJ

RC65
12-03-2019, 09:35 AM
A couple of weeks ago, I asked him about his UK Full Throttle slipcase, and he sent me a pic of both the US and UK cases. The US one looks exactly the same as the one above.

It may not be for sale from him, though; I didn't ask him about it, as I wanted the UK one.

HBJ

Can you remind me what the cost of slipcase + shipping is for U.S. customers? I bought Jeff's slipcase for THE FIREMAN, but I'll be darned if I can recall what I paid.

kingfan2323
12-03-2019, 10:15 AM

HBJ

Can you remind me what the cost of slipcase + shipping is for U.S. customers? I bought Jeff's slipcase for THE FIREMAN, but I'll be darned if I can recall what I paid.$13.00 to California for me if that helps.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

kingfan2323
12-06-2019, 09:08 PM
Can anyone help me out with a decent price on a copy of 20th Century Ghost 10th Anniversary trade (Last Breath. Dr. Cover) signed in slip?

Thank ya

Dead Zone 1st/1st

RC65
12-07-2019, 08:46 AM

HBJ

Can you remind me what the cost of slipcase + shipping is for U.S. customers? I bought Jeff's slipcase for THE FIREMAN, but I'll be darned if I can recall what I paid.$13.00 to California for me if that helps.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

I heard back from Jeff…for those interested, the cost of a slipcase for the UK edition plus shipping to the US is around 30 pounds, or (converted) about $40.

Brian861
12-07-2019, 09:42 AM
Confirmed with Jeff that he made the US version exclusive for Very Fine Books and it can only be purchased through them. Their regular slipcase maker had fallen ill and Jeff as asked to step in.

Hunchback Jack
12-11-2019, 02:19 AM
I usually try to find a few cases he's already done to combine shipping. I recently bought three from him: Artemis by Andy Weir (SubPress S/L), UK Full Throttle, and a case for my 4 UK Bachmans. All designed and made by him, and they all look great.

HBJ

kingfan2323
12-18-2019, 09:43 AM
Fyi- Horns #208 w/matching portfolio along with RB, Brother, and IAL #208: OTHER COLLECTIBLE AUTHORS: Classifides

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191218/88a5133f6b4eddbee27411da7756163a.jpg

Brian861
12-23-2019, 09:34 AM
Joe Hill Signing Wednesday 1/8 At The Megastore (https://jetpackcomics.com/2019/10/30/12-joe-hill-december-of-horror/?goal=0_4fc34df138-8a6f5e495d-127892373&mc_cid=8a6f5e495d&mc_eid=2262919d1f)

kingfan2323
12-23-2019, 03:43 PM
New Stuff. Yay! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191223/4b37d7607d593c75f26cd8ebae0056d7.jpg

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)

Brian861
12-23-2019, 11:52 PM
Congrats! Love the endpapers in that edition of HSB.

kingfan2323
12-23-2019, 11:59 PM
Congrats! Love the endpapers in that edition of HSB.Hey Brian. Thx. Yeah! I did not know about that and loved it so thought I'd snap a quick pic.

Garrell
12-24-2019, 07:24 AM
Great stuff, tempting me. Must look away. Focus on SK. Focus on SK.....

kingfan2323
12-24-2019, 09:05 AM
Great stuff, tempting me. Must look away. Focus on SK. Focus on SK.....Very very smart financialy! Ha!

Hunchback Jack
12-24-2019, 06:08 PM
Great stuff! I like both of those editions very much. I take it that's the slipcased UK S/L edition of Heart-Shaped Box? That's the slipcase on the left?

HBJ

Cwalker
12-24-2019, 08:12 PM
Great new adds Kingfan! One thing about that edition of HSB that pictures never get across is how damn shiny the cover is. I was so impressed when i finally got a copy. Well done!

EDIT. I just noticed this is my 1000th post!!

kingfan2323
12-24-2019, 09:22 PM
Great stuff! I like both of those editions very much. I take it that's the slipcased UK S/L edition of Heart-Shaped Box? That's the slipcase on the left?

HBJYes Sir. Thanks!

kingfan2323
12-24-2019, 09:25 PM
Great new adds Kingfan! One thing about that edition of HSB that pictures never get across is how damn shiny the cover is. I was so impressed when i finally got a copy. Well done!

EDIT. I just noticed this is my 1000th post!!It is MUCH nicer than I thought it would be. It's nice. Thanks.

Congrats on the 1000th post.

Hunchback Jack
12-24-2019, 10:00 PM

HBJYes Sir. Thanks!

Congrats! And yes, HSB is a pretty edition.

jsweet
01-10-2020, 11:38 AM
Anybody happen to know of anyone who has produced a slipcase for the UK edition of NOS4R2 or the US edition of Strange Weather?

Brian861
01-10-2020, 01:08 PM
Anybody happen to know of anyone who has produced a slipcase for the UK edition of NOS4R2 or the US edition of Strange Weather?

I believe CD did one for Strange Weather.

kingfan2323
01-24-2020, 02:38 PM
I am offering some really cool Joe Hill stuff in OTHER Authors Collectibles Clasifieds

Sold- Gollancz Heart Shaped Box

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200124/86daaf777479428d347f8eabe034abc6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200124/904b2845e60d6c65da99ca6ef3b34875.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200124/c8fb051b7efdbdda0a6d2a2e34d87b78.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200124/b8f02e1505cd381ea0b9cc6cd90a9ec4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200124/1ab0e9cd9a4566efd788cc7f568326a8.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200124/882236a7e5c5525365ce04dab117372e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200124/30bd5e531e1e30d538dad6334193791a.jpg

SystemCrashOverRide
01-24-2020, 06:49 PM
Does Jeff have a website? I'd like to pick up some of his stuff but can't seem to find anything.

kingfan2323
01-27-2020, 11:15 PM
Joe Hill- See pics above

Shipping included for U.S./ actual shipping cost for International

Full Throttle Gollancz w/slipcase #26/250 - $100

Full Throttle U.S. 1st/1st signed - $35 SOLD

Fireman PS publishing #619/974 - $95

Fireman CD slipcase/limited to 1500 -$125

Fireman Gollancz 301/350 - $90

Horns U.S. 1st/1st - $90

Horns PS #189/200 (little stain on traycase)- $315

Strange Weather U.S. 1st/1st - $50

20th Century Ghosts 10th Ann. Slipcased/signed- $100

20th Century Ghosts PS #104/200 $450

20th Century Ghosts U.S 1st/1st signed by Hill/Chong - $80

20th Century Ghosts Trade Paperback signed by Hill/Chong - $40

Heart Shaped Box U.S 1st/1st signed - $50

seeking: anything DT#246

WeDealInLead
01-28-2020, 05:01 AM
Hey. I'll grab the signed US Full Throttle if it's still available. I have a US address too.

kingfan2323
01-28-2020, 08:31 AM
Hey. I'll grab the signed US Full Throttle if it's still available. I have a US address too.I PMed you.

seeking: anything DT#246

Bev Vincent
02-06-2020, 11:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-bffWfKqs&feature=emb_logo

kingfan2323
02-10-2020, 01:58 PM
UPDATED:

Joe Hill- See pics above

Shipping included for U.S./ actual shipping cost for International. PM to purchase or ask further questions.

Full Throttle Gollancz w/slipcase #26/250 - $100 - SOLD

Full Throttle U.S. 1st/1st signed - $35 SOLD

Fireman PS publishing #619/974 - $95 SOLD

Fireman CD slipcase/limited to 1500 -$125 - SOLD

Fireman Gollancz 301/350 - $90 - SOLD

Horns U.S. 1st/1st - $90 SOLD

Strange Weather U.S. 1st/1st - $50 - SOLD

20th Century Ghosts 10th Ann. Slipcased/signed- $100-- SOLD

20th Century Ghosts PS #104/200 $450 - SOLD

20th Century Ghosts U.S 1st/1st signed by Hill/Chong - $80 - SOLD

20th Century Ghosts Trade Paperback signed by Hill/Chong - $40 - SOLD

Heart Shaped Box U.S 1st/1st signed - $50 - SOLD

Horns PS #189/200 (little stain on traycase)- $315

Anubis2347
02-21-2020, 05:16 AM
Anyone looking for the Locke & Key hardcovers.

I have numbers 1 - 6 signed and in an aftermarket slipcase. I also have several of the keys from Skelton Crew.

If interested PM me and we can talk price.

kingfan2323
02-21-2020, 05:18 PM
Some potentially great deals on Joe Hill stuff on auction in my ebay store!

https://www.ebay.com/sch/kingfan2323/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Brian861
02-22-2020, 10:17 PM
What would you guys say is the going rate for the following? Thanks!:

1st/1st Locke & Key hardcovers.
1 - 3 are signed by Joe Hill.
4 - 6 are signed by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez

swintek
02-23-2020, 09:04 PM

Hey, surprised to see that I won your UK S/C Full Throttle on eBay. Been wanting that one. Prob just should've made you an offer here, but was kinda strapped lately. Frankly- didn't expect to win. Anyway- paid, and thanks!

kingfan2323
02-24-2020, 01:02 AM

Hey, surprised to see that I won your UK S/C Full Throttle on eBay. Been wanting that one. Prob just should've made you an offer here, but was kinda strapped lately. Frankly- didn't expect to win. Anyway- paid, and thanks!I was hoping someone on here would take advantage. Congrats! I will get it out tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

Anubis2347
02-25-2020, 10:45 AM
For Sale:
Skelton Crew
Key to the Candy Land gates
Nos4A2
Signed by Joe Hill and the Artist.

If interested please PM me.
http://pics.librarything.com/picsizes/ce/8a/ce8a69772ad9d76636e547975414468414b6b41.jpg

http://pics.librarything.com/picsizes/38/96/38961fd599b8b0d636e50797541434b41716b42.jpg

Ricky
02-25-2020, 03:17 PM
Did you have a price in mind? I missed this when it was for sale originally.

Anubis2347
02-25-2020, 03:40 PM
Hey, I sent you a PM.

This key is on ebay item: 293491881094

I have a few keys on ebay... I am open to offers and anyone who purchases 2 of the Keys I have listed will get a third key free.

Anubis2347
02-25-2020, 04:09 PM
Not sure how to price this so offers welcome...

I am selling one of the Kazoos that Joe Hill gave out (very limited) to people who attended his Fireman signings and played Hey Jude in front of everyone.

If interest PM me with offers.

Brian861
02-26-2020, 11:47 AM
I have Locke & Key HC's numbers 1, 4, 5, and 6 signed by Joe in Fine condition if anyone is interested. Please PM with offers. Thanks!

Cwalker
02-27-2020, 08:37 AM
Not sure how to price this so offers welcome...

I am selling one of the Kazoos that Joe Hill gave out (very limited) to people who attended his Fireman signings and played Hey Jude in front of everyone.

If interest PM me with offers.

For what it is worth, i was told the there were only 100 of the kazoos made for him. I was lucky enough to get one the last night he gave them out and was able to have him initial it.

Ben Eads
03-01-2020, 02:07 PM
Friends,

Does anyone know when Hill's new novel is coming out? I know he said that he put Full Throttle out first due to one of the short stories being turned into a Netflix special.

Any insight would be deeply appreciated. I don't want to miss out on buying the signed numbered limited edtion.

Joe315
03-01-2020, 03:55 PM
I don’t think anything’s been announced yet.

Ben Eads
03-01-2020, 04:50 PM

No worries. I'll keep my eyes peeled. =)

MarcoL
03-01-2020, 09:23 PM

Of course subject to change: latest news is that Joe’s working on two novels one of them called Up The Chimney Down. One of these was due to be released September 2021 but that date has been postponed. Guess the focus is on the Locke & Key comics.
Keep an eye out on my website or subscribe to my newsletter if you don’t want to miss any Joe Hill news :)http://www.joehillbibliography.com

swintek
03-01-2020, 10:23 PM
Hey All- Any opinion on the value of a Subpress HSB Deluxe 2nd print? And, was this actually a smaller print one than the 1st? Can't tell because mine is sealed, but the receipt says I paid $85.00 for it, and I seem to remember that the 1st was 500 copies and the 2nd- 300?

MarcoL
03-02-2020, 10:53 AM
Hey All- Any opinion on the value of a Subpress HSB Deluxe 2nd print? And, was this actually a smaller print one than the 1st? Can't tell because mine is sealed, but the receipt says I paid $85.00 for it, and I seem to remember that the 1st was 500 copies and the 2nd- 300?
There were 200 deluxe copies of the 1st printing and 100 of the 2nd (as well as 300 of the ‘regular’ limited edition of the 1st printing and 400 of the 2nd printing). As for the value, I’d say somewhere between $ 150 and $ 200

kingfan2323
03-02-2020, 11:05 AM
There were 200 deluxe copies of the 1st printing and 100 of the 2nd (as well as 300 of the ‘regular’ limited edition of the 1st printing and 400 of the 2nd printing). As for the value, I’d say somewhere between $ 150 and $ 200I was waiting for Marco to chime in.

Check out his website. Really good reference tool.

http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

MarcoL
03-02-2020, 01:01 PM
There were 200 deluxe copies of the 1st printing and 100 of the 2nd (as well as 300 of the ‘regular’ limited edition of the 1st printing and 400 of the 2nd printing). As for the value, I’d say somewhere between $ 150 and $ 200I was waiting for Marco to chime in.

Check out his website. Really good reference tool.

http://www.joehillbibliography.com/

Cheers buddy!

swintek
03-02-2020, 01:07 PM
There were 200 deluxe copies of the 1st printing and 100 of the 2nd (as well as 300 of the ‘regular’ limited edition of the 1st printing and 400 of the 2nd printing). As for the value, I’d say somewhere between $ 150 and $ 200

Right- thanks! Man, that edition was confusing even back then. Hard to keep straight now. But, that's where your great resource comes in- thanks!

Ben Eads
03-02-2020, 05:09 PM

Of course subject to change: latest news is that Joe’s working on two novels one of them called Up The Chimney Down. One of these was due to be released September 2021 but that date has been postponed. Guess the focus is on the Locke & Key comics.
Keep an eye out on my website or subscribe to my newsletter if you don’t want to miss any Joe Hill news :)http://www.joehillbibliography.com

Thanks, Marcol! Very cool site! I'll be checking it in the future.

I thought Locke & Key was done. Wow! I need to catch up! LOL

MarcoL
03-03-2020, 11:45 AM

Right- thanks! Man, that edition was confusing even back then. Hard to keep straight now. But, that's where your great resource comes in- thanks!

You’re welcome