PDA

View Full Version : Roadwork to be adapted

Ari_Racing
08-03-2019, 12:59 PM
Last week, during a radio interview with Andy and Bárbara Muschietti (director and producer of IT), both announced they'll be producing an adaptation of Roadwork, which will be directed by Argentinean director Pablo Trapero (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0871086/).

I'll probably have more info this month, since I already have an interview scheduled with Andy Muschietti. Of course, one of my questions will be about this.

CyberGhostface
08-03-2019, 02:35 PM
Imo it’s one of King’s most underrated books but I can’t see this appealing to a wide audience.

herbertwest
08-04-2019, 02:12 AM
Cool thanks !

Kongo
08-04-2019, 08:13 AM
I can't wait to see who they settle on for Bart. There's so many choices they could go with. Personally I could see Josh Brolin, but I wouldn't mind someone random as hell like Simon Pegg

St. Troy
08-05-2019, 09:13 AM
I hope they ignore the obvious temptation to make this an action movie instead of a psychological one.

Ari_Racing
08-05-2019, 09:17 AM
The director's previous films are psychological and sad stories. I'm not expecting action.

St. Troy
08-05-2019, 09:22 AM
The director's previous films are psychological and sad stories...

Perfect.

Jon
08-05-2019, 09:17 PM
The director's previous films are psychological and sad stories. I'm not expecting action.

This is good to hear...for the adaptation.

Iwritecode
08-12-2019, 07:10 AM
I think I've mentioned this in other threads but I never really cared for this story. I just could not connect with the main character at all. It's been a while since I've read it but IIRC, in the end, the character really didn't change anything at all and his company still closed down, his house still got destroyed and the road still got built.

St. Troy
08-12-2019, 07:20 AM
...the character really didn't change anything at all and his company still closed down, his house still got destroyed and the road still got built.

For me, Bart's disintegration and defeat was Roadwork's point.

Here's a note I took when I last read it (in 2012):

...this is what happens when a man is asked to tolerate one thing too many. This is what happens when the downward spiral hits bottom, and you begin looking around for ways to chain yourself there. Bart is still human enough to care about Victor, Olivia and the ex-priest, but far gone enough to think that the punch he wishes to throw in frustration should involve explosives.