PDA

View Full Version : Halloween movie poster...

St. Troy
06-20-2019, 09:34 AM
I'm talking about this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1022/Halloween_movie_poster.jpg

I was looking at a cheesy online thing about movie posters, and it said to pay special attention to the veins in the hand in this, so I did. I didn't see anything in particular going on with the veins (perhaps the writer simply admired that they were there, the attention to detail), but my question to all of you is: do you see a face in the hand? I see a profile working its way down the knuckles. Like most of you, I've seen this poster hundreds of times, but this is the first time I see that in it.

MikeDuke
06-20-2019, 09:43 AM
Holy shit. I see the profile. Took me a few secs but now I can't un-see it.

Garrell
06-20-2019, 10:09 AM
I see it also

Heather19
06-20-2019, 10:36 AM
I see it too, and now I probably won't be able to unsee it :lol:

Earl of Popkin
06-20-2019, 10:41 AM
Yup def see it. Shatner’s face behind a bedsheet

Ricky
06-20-2019, 03:15 PM
Wow! I've also looked at that poster many times but never noticed that before. And now like all you guys, I won't be able to unsee it. Haha.

The Library Policeman
06-20-2019, 03:38 PM
I see it too!

Still Servant
06-23-2019, 04:20 PM
We should turn this thread into some kind of movie poster thread. Movie posters are awesome and there is so much to dissect in them sometimes.

We could post movie poster and discuss. I've read a few articles on current trends with movie poster design. I will see if I can find it. Wait here.

Ricky
06-24-2019, 02:44 PM
Let's do it! I love a good movie poster (especially when they were actually hand-drawn).

Earl of Popkin
06-24-2019, 03:37 PM
These guys don’t bring the same thunder as they used to, but they get their hands on some all timer original posters and movie cards, etc

https://www.mpagallery.com/mainpages/homeintropage.aspx

Still Servant
06-24-2019, 05:15 PM
I think this is what I was referring to. It's not an article but a video. Somebody here may have actually been the one to originally post it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEbW2fXSShc&feature=youtu.be

mae
06-25-2019, 04:04 AM
Me...

amd013
06-25-2019, 08:14 AM
I have a couple dozen movie posters hanging in my house (one was stolen by a burglar). I just noticed a couple of weeks ago, that I accidentally bought the Spanish version of one of the movies (Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith). I have probably owned it for a decade, and just now noticed. (The title is still in English though).

Still Servant
06-25-2019, 03:19 PM
Me...

I figured it was you. :lol:

I have a couple dozen movie posters hanging in my house (one was stolen by a burglar). I just noticed a couple of weeks ago, that I accidentally bought the Spanish version of one of the movies (Star Wars : Revenge of the Sith). I have probably owned it for a decade, and just now noticed. (The title is still in English though).

I would have some hanging too if Matt ever sends me the ones he promised me...<_<

Kingfan24
06-26-2019, 11:44 AM

What poster did they steal?

Girlystevedave
06-26-2019, 11:47 AM
Huh. It took me a second to finally see the face, but like everyone else said, I probably can't unsee it now. :lol:

amd013
06-26-2019, 12:47 PM

What poster did they steal?

It was a Star Wars poster. The majority of my posters are original, double sided posters, but this was a reprint, and was not the same size as most of my others (just a small amount difference). I even had to have about 1/8 inch trimmed off of it so I could fit it in my poster frame. Weird they took that one and not the Jaws poster (also a reprint) that was on the other side of the TV. (these were the only two posters on the ground level). Guess they figured Star Wars would have a good resale value, but the frame was probably 4 times more expensive then the poster.