PDA

View Full Version : The Colorado Kid Signed Limited

Randall Flagg
05-11-2007, 02:21 PM
A Special Announcement from PS Publishing -
Stephen King's The Colorado Kid due from PS in 2007

Dear PS Customers

Another busy time shaping up here so I'll try to be as brief as possible.

We've just finished negotiating for the rights to do a limited illustrated hardcover version of Stephen King's short novel, The Colorado Kid, which appeared last year as a mass market paperback from the wonderful Hard Case Crime collection. We're aiming to put the book out as close to next March as we can manage but, certainly, it won't be available before then.

We'll be doing three editions, each one illustrated by a different artist (five interior colour illustrations plus dust jacket from each one). So far, we can confirm Edward Miller and J.K.Potter. The third artist has yet to be agreed. Hard Case's Charles Ardai has agreed to write the main Introduction, though we haven't yet decided whether there'll be any further Introductions or Forewords.

Here's how it'll stack up:

[A] Hardcover, unsigned
10,000 copies priced at £25/$50 (postage and packing per copy is £2 within the UK and £5/$10 elsewhere)

(1) 3,333 copies illustrated by Edward Miller - ISBN 978-1-905834-01-3
(2) 3,333 copies illustrated by J.K. Potter - ISBN 978-1-905834-02-0
(3) 3,334 copies [artist to be confirmed] - ISBN 978-1-905834-03-7

[B] Hardcover, signed by the artist only
1,000 copies priced at £50/$100 (postage, packing and insurance per copy is £5 within the UK and £10/$20 elsewhere)

(1) 333 copies illustrated by Edward Miller - ISBN 978-1-905834-04-4
(2) 333 copies illustrated by J.K. Potter - ISBN 978-1-905834-05-1
(3) 334 copies [artist to be confirmed] - ISBN 978-1-905834-06-8

[C] Slipcased Hardcover, signed by the author and the artist
450 copies priced at £125/$250 (postage, packing and insurance per copy is £5 within the UK and £10/$20 elsewhere)

(1) 150 copies illustrated by Edward Miller - ISBN 978-1-905834-07-5
(2) 150 copies illustrated by J.K. Potter - ISBN 978-1-905834-08-2
(3) 150 copies [artist to be confirmed] - ISBN 978-1-905834-09-9

[D] Traycased, Gilt-edged, Leatherbound Hardcover signed by the author and all three artists
52 copies priced at £375/$750 (postage, packing and insurance per copy is £10 within the UK and £20/$40 elsewhere)

(1) 17 copies illustrated by Edward Miller - ISBN 978-1-905834-10-5
(2) 17 copies illustrated by J.K. Potter - ISBN 978-1-905834-11-2
(3) 18 copies – artist to be confirmed - ISBN 978-1-905834-12-9

(Please Note: this edition will also feature a gallery at the rear of the book containing all eighteen pieces of artwork, in full colour – that's the three dust-jackets and three sets of five interior pieces.)

You can find these details on the website (although we won't be listing the book in the website's forthcoming titles section for a couple of days because we wanted to give our mailing list subscribers a chance to get their orders in first) as well as the usual instructions on how to place an order with us.

Important Ordering Information - When ordering, please specify which format (edition and version you require) i.e. A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3 etc.

Each version (1, 2 or 3) will feature wraparound dust-jacket artwork by the respective artist plus five interior colour paintings.

In other words, format A2 will have a cover and five interior illustrations by J.K. Potter, whereas A1 will have a cover and five interior illustrations by Edward Miller.

All orders must be pre-paid. Copies will be sent out as soon as the book is published.

Only one copy of each of the editions [C] and [D] is permitted per customer; only one copy of each of the three states of editions [A] and [B] is permitted per customer.

We're aiming to make this book THE genre publication of 2007. We look forward to hearing from you – if you have any questions then we'll be happy to answer them. Drop us a line at editor@pspublishing.co.uk.

Best wishes to everyone

Pete Crowther
www.pspublishing.co.uk
Monday 19 June 2006

Just a short while ago I received this update on the release of TCK S/L:

Subject:Re: Colorado Kid updateDate:5/11/2007 2:03:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight TimeFrom:p.crowther3@btinternet.com (p.crowther3@btinternet.com)

Hi Jerome

We've been waiting for slipcases, traycases, binding and numbering. We're pretty much all done on POSTSCRIPTS: in fact, I just received -- yesterday! -- finished copies of the signed edition and the slipcased edition, and these will be with our mailing house today, with orders being dispatched during the course of next week. All the orders for Stephen King's COLORADO KID should follow around the end of the month or very early June. Believe me, the wait will be worth it . . . on both counts.

Thanks for your patience.

Best wishes as ever

Pete Crowther

Matt
05-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Wow--that may be a good one to start my collection with. Thanks for the info Jerome.

I have not actually read that one yet so it's almost perfect. :nana:

Patrick
05-11-2007, 02:38 PM
RF, maybe you could post some more info on this book for those who might be interested... Three versions of the S/L, each featuring a different artist, etc.

Randall Flagg
05-11-2007, 02:44 PM
Done. I fixed my 1st post.

Patrick
05-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Done. I fixed my 1st post.

Thanks. Your post mentions 2 of the 3 artists. I forget who they decided the third artist would be.

Hell, I don't even remember which artist I chose for the book I ordered way back when. :doh:

Randall Flagg
05-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Glenn Chadbourne. He of Secretary of Dreams fame.
Link to page with all three covers:
http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/cat/tck.asp

Cutter
05-11-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm actually curious as to how the traycased edition will come out. As far as I know PS has never done a traycase before.

I own quite a few of the PS titles in China Meilville, Steven Erikson, Ray Bradbury, Cinema Macabre, Robert Reed, Stephen Baxter, Joe Hill and some of the Postscripts hardcovers. They are nice books, cloth bound, some with ribbon book marks and slipcases. But they are standard small press releases, no sewn bindings, no leather binding, et cetera. The best thing they have going for them is they have Edward Miller doing a lot of their artwork (including one of the versions of The Colorado Kid).

I'm not bashing, but I'm curious if the quality of these books will be better than previous titles, meaning will The Colorado Kid be something special for PS Publishing?

jhanic
05-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Here's the ARC for PS Publishing's Colorado Kid.

John

Rahfa
05-11-2007, 07:25 PM
The source material is pretty thin...A good comparison might be one of the Postscripts hardcovers and they did a decent job with those...

BigCoffinHunter
05-19-2007, 07:40 AM
I heard that they're shipping next week. Then again, I've heard that for quite a few weeks now :orely:

BlakeMP
05-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Oh, NIFTY.

I'm one of the three people on Earth who actually loves that book. :D

BigCoffinHunter
05-19-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure how the others will come out, but I have high hopes for my D2 Copy, which apparently will be leather bound with gilt edges and housed in a tray case. $750.00 was a lot of money to put up for such a small book, but J.K. Potter's work is always so completely awesome, so I'm thinking it'll be well worth both the price and the wait.

It was also a pretty great marketing strategy when you think about it. Where as normally I would have just ordered one copy, because of the way they did it, I ordered the following

A1
B1, B2, B3 (and the extra for the slipcase)
C2
D2

In the end, I spent just over $1,500.00. Damn his clever marketing!

Oh, by the way, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but all copies signed by King (all three versions of C and D that is) have been sold out, the C's only recently and the D's for quite some time.

jhanic
05-20-2007, 03:55 AM
I've ordered a copy of each A, B, and C. I just couldn't justify the cost of any of the D versions to myself. I may end up regretting that decision, though.

John

BigCoffinHunter
05-20-2007, 05:13 AM
In all honesty, I was completely unfamiliar with Edward Miller's work, and to tell you the truth, I've never much cared for Cemetery Dance favorite Glenn Chadbourne. Don't get me wrong, I think that he has a distinct style and it can be interesting looking it over multiple times, finding things you'd never seen there before, but I just think that his art is way too busy, at least at the expense of overall detail and quality.

It might have been worth it, though, to order copies of C1 and C3 (for the Stephen King signatures alone). But, by using that money towards a D2 instead means I get a leatherbound edition with the signatures of King and all three artists. Plus, despite many people hating what happened with the limitation, I still like it that I'll have one of only 33 copies produced.

Cutter
05-20-2007, 03:34 PM
In the end, I spent just over $1,500.00. Damn his clever marketing!

Very clever marketing, I bought one traycased (Edward Miller) and the other two, just artist copies. I would normally have just been happy with the one copy, but damn PS puts out 3 different artists and knows we collectors, just can't buy one.

btw, BigCoffinHunter Edward Miller is all over right now, I would say I've got at least 20 books illustrated by him. He's a regular at PS, and illustrates a lot for them. He also is now working with Subterranean Press, and is illustrating The Martin Chronicles by Hill House Publishing, coming out later this year. Anyway, he does horror, sci-fi, and fantasy, and that's why I've come across him, as he's done some work for Stephen Baxter (sci-fi) and Steven Erikson (fantasy). Anyway, I love the guy! I just got a print of three of his pieces for the Martin Chronicles (all did who pre-ordered), and it's very impressive.

btw, I'm with you on Glenn Chadbourne. He's a little too complicated with his work, as there is just so much going on, but it's not very fleshed out. It looks like a bunch of scribbling at times. But, I will say I LOVE the cover he did for The Colorado Kid, I would have to say it's one of the best pieces I've seen by him.

BigCoffinHunter
05-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Oh, I'd completely agree. I think you hit the nail right on the head about Chadbourne, just far too busy and not always fleshed out.

Really, when I see his work, it reminds me of Stanley Kubrick. I took some film classes when I was at University of Illinois (Roger Ebert's alma mater, who I believe is by far the world's best movie critic), and in one we watched the bathroom scene from his version of The Shining (not the infamous one, the other one where Jack and the former caretaker's ghost discuss "correcting" his wife). In the scene, Kubrick uses very bright white light, but the stalls in the background are a very bright red. The professor asked us why we thought he would have something like that in a scene, and I offered up the opinion that he did it to make the audience feel physically sick, which my professor agreed to, at least in part, and went on to discuss scenes from other movies where Kubrick did the same thing.

That's the way I feel about Chadbourne. Some of his stuff I've enjoyed, but mostly it makes me feel sick. And I don't mean that in a way like when he does blood and gore, because that doesn't bother me. Artistically, I'm just really turned off by most of his stuff, especially the cover from Colorado Kid. It's funny that you love it, because I just really hate it.

This isn't to say that I don't appreciate his work, though. I think that an artist's ultimate goal is to make the observer feel, and he definitely achieves that goal with me, in spades. It's just never something I'd want hanging on my wall.

Patrick
05-23-2007, 01:39 PM
I think I ordered the Edward Miller version of the S/L.

At the time I ordered, it seemed like his style was the best fit for the actual story.

tippy4
05-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I ordered one of each if I recall correctly.

It has been a month since PS Publishing updated their PS NEWS section.

Wish my PS10 or my CK would show up soon!

Hello Patrick!

Patrick
05-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Hey Rick!

I agree, I'm getting antsy about receiving CK and/or PS10 as well.

Cutter
05-24-2007, 09:40 AM
I was just reviewing this thread, and holy cow I finally seriously thought about how many copies PS did. There are 10,000 copies of the unsigned hardcover :o

I bet PS will still have copies unsold 10 years from now. There is no way they are going to sell 10,000 copies of a story by King that is not one of his more popular novels.

funky dredd
05-24-2007, 10:04 AM
I was thinking of buying one of the unsigned copies. I loved the story and everyone I have lent the book to has loved it as well. So I really don't get why it is so unpopular?

Matt
05-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I was thinking of buying a signed one to start my "official" collection. I haven't read the story yet but I really need to.

Cutter
05-24-2007, 11:53 AM
I was thinking of buying one of the unsigned copies. I loved the story and everyone I have lent the book to has loved it as well. So I really don't get why it is so unpopular?

Actually I didn't mind the story, but a lot of people had problems with the ending. (and I won't say why since Matt has not read it yet)

funky dredd
05-24-2007, 12:34 PM
I loved the ending! I also got the audio book for $10 one day at the bookstore in the bargain bin and I got a better feeling out of that. The guy that tells the story does an awesome job!

tippy4
05-24-2007, 12:56 PM
It's funny you should mention that. I saw an audio version in a bargain bin at Borders two days ago for $1. It was on cassette. If it had been CD, I would have snatched it up.

Patrick
05-24-2007, 03:58 PM
I love audiobooks, but I read the paperback on this one. I was fine with ending.

Randall Flagg
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Interesting to note that a PC (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Colorado-Kid-PC-33-copies-SIGNED-by-KING_W0QQitemZ310014946109QQihZ021QQcategoryZ377QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)of the traycased version can be had for $695, and the issue price was $750.

Sir_Boomme
01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Interesting to note that a PC (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-Colorado-Kid-PC-33-copies-SIGNED-by-KING_W0QQitemZ310014946109QQihZ021QQcategoryZ377QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)of the traycased version can be had for $695, and the issue price was $750.

this is exactly why when pete offered me the PC copy instead of the numbered copy i balked at the PC copy.(because my order was overlooked- then the replacement numbered edition that was sent was lost/damaged/returned to PS publishing)
i was going to get a refund, but i did finally get a PC copy...only after pete offered it to me at a big discount to make up for all the trouble.
i ended up getting my copy for 550.00 - which if roy sells his at 695.00, would make my purchase a good price.... only time will tell.
but i definitely had/have my doubts considering there seemed to be numerous PC copies made.

Rahfa
01-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Bad Moon is a dealer (as we all know) so I'm sure he got a decent discount, so he'll make a small profit...but it still doesn't say much for it if it's selling at that price...

A bit more evidence of the whole "PC" shenanigans...they have 52 to sell to customers, then PC copies they probably sold to dealers for a discount...but that's just my speculation.

Randall Flagg
01-17-2008, 04:26 PM
The publisher stated there were 90 (30 for each artist) PC slipcased and 44 (~15 for each artist) PC traycased copies. So fully 25% of the total traycased books were PC.

Randall Flagg
02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Just a bump to hear any new thoughts on the books.

Ari_Racing
02-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I purchased two of the three (Chadbourne and JK Potter) and I intent to buy Miller's one as soon as I have money again :)

Very cool editions for a fair price

tippy4
02-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I have the SL of Miller and Potter...which means I have to buy the SL Chadbourne some day.

I got the Potter direct from the publisher ($250), and paid less than $200 for the Miller on ebay. Since Chadbourne is my least favorite artist of the three....I will be patiently waiting for a deal. I would probably go $175.

It is unfortunate that these have been selling below issue price...but I feel they were overpriced to begin with.

$150 would have been fair price.

jhanic
02-16-2009, 06:58 PM
I was able to get all three (#14) from the publisher @ $150 each. I also got all three "gift" editions (#300) at the same time @ $100 each.

John

Room 217 Caretaker
02-17-2009, 03:29 AM
I was able to get all three (#14) from the publisher @ $150 each. I also got all three "gift" editions (#300) at the same time @ $100 each.

John

Wow John. That's a great price. I paid $230 for each one. #126

I wonder why the price is all over the place on this one?

I paid $700 for the tray case version.

Oh well. I really do enjoy these books, especially the tray cased version.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-17-2009, 03:41 AM
I got all mine below the issue price. (S/L & Artists)

These artist ones sold below issue price recently.

http://cgi.ebay.com/COLORADO-KID-Stephen-King-LIMITED-EDITION-HARDCOVER_W0QQitemZ390027643013QQihZ026QQcategoryZ 377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/COLORADO-KID-Stephen-King-LIMITED-EDITION-HARDCOVER_W0QQitemZ390029004124QQihZ026QQcategoryZ 377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-COLORADO-KID-Stephen-King-1st-HB-DJ-J-K-Potter_W0QQitemZ320334322676QQihZ011QQcategoryZ377 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-COLORADO-KID-Stephen-King-1st-HB-DJ-Edward-Miller_W0QQitemZ220348797791QQihZ012QQcategoryZ377 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ari_Racing
02-17-2009, 03:51 AM
I've been trying to see all the remarques done by the 3 different artists for the "lettered" artist editions. How many were made? Can the owners post the pics of the ones they have?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-17-2009, 06:29 AM
I've been trying to see all the remarques done by the 3 different artists for the "lettered" artist editions. How many were made? Can the owners post the pics of the ones they have?

There are some in the remarques thread:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=250372&postcount=99
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=250817&postcount=107
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=288254&postcount=148
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=314675&postcount=199

Patrick
02-20-2009, 10:30 PM
I ordered and paid for one of the S/Ls from the publisher. As you will recall, the S/Ls came in slipcases, whereas the less expensive AEs did not.

When I pulled the book out of the slipcase and checked the sig page, lo and behold it was an Artist Edition.

An honest error on someone's part, but this was a concrete example of why I don't understand how people can make the conscious decision not to check their expensive new books.

tippy4
02-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I assume you contacted Pete @ PS and had him fix the situation?

Patrick
02-21-2009, 09:29 AM
I assume you contacted Pete @ PS and had him fix the situation?
Yes, he's a good guy. He requested that I mail the book back at his expense and he would send me the S/L.

In the end, I asked to keep the AE and take a credit for the difference. I used it on Joe Hill's GUNPOWDER.

So I still don't own the S/L of COLORADO KID. Someday I'll probably pick one up.

shaq
02-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi Guys, hope you don't mind me posting a couple of things, I noticed the price of some of the unsigned Colorado Kids and still see these available in waterstones in the UK at £25, I don't know if that if beneficial to anyone? Overseas postage may not be great. I know I have seen a copy or two in a couple of stores in the last couple of months here in the uk.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/simpleSearch.do?simpleSearchString=colorado+kid&searchType=0

hope that helps.

Secondly, can I ask a very coarse question on a book I own, it's a Miller edition that is signed by all three artists, number 18 of 33. Basically I wondered what the market value is on this at present? I'm not looking to sell as love this book. Just wondered what your views were, based on the last few days comments on s/ls and may be mixing my book with the s/l of which there are more?

Also, looking at the links on this thread, the remarqued editions were lettered? I noticed some had Letter D of 26?

I do love this book, but how many variants are there of this? My head hurts trying to work it out :panic:

wizardsrainbow
02-24-2009, 04:57 AM
Hi Guys, hope you don't mind me posting a couple of things, I noticed the price of some of the unsigned Colorado Kids and still see these available in waterstones in the UK at £25, I don't know if that if beneficial to anyone? Overseas postage may not be great. I know I have seen a copy or two in a couple of stores in the last couple of months here in the uk.

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/simpleSearch.do?simpleSearchString=colorado+kid&searchType=0

hope that helps.

Secondly, can I ask a very coarse question on a book I own, it's a Miller edition that is signed by all three artists, number 18 of 33. Basically I wondered what the market value is on this at present? I'm not looking to sell as love this book. Just wondered what your views were, based on the last few days comments on s/ls and may be mixing my book with the s/l of which there are more?

Also, looking at the links on this thread, the remarqued editions were lettered? I noticed some had Letter D of 26?

I do love this book, but how many variants are there of this? My head hurts trying to work it out :panic:

Shaq-

Your number 18 of 33 is worth a few hundred dollars. I'd have to check the eBay history, but I recall seeing a couple of these books sell for $500ish. Maybe I'm wrong.

The remarqued editions were coordinated by a UK seller, Steve Sargent. Several of us here have purchased from him and been quite happy. He got the artists to remarque roughly 30 books each and Steve then put together "Lettered sets." I got sets A and D, Ralph I think got K and Bob got one too (not sure of the letter). Others may have stepped up as well. Hope this partially answers your questions. As for the other "variants," I will leave that for others to answer.

shaq
02-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Thank you. I think I'd been a bit slow on what's actually out there and was suprised to see a lettered version of some kind.

Those remarques look really good. And even though miy book is a Miller, it is my fave artist of the three, although I do like the others too.

I might have to re-read my paperback version tonight. There's something about this story that makes it special. Can't explain.

turtlex
02-26-2009, 07:49 AM
Hey All - I ordered an Artist Signed edition and was told that two of the three editions were sold out now.

The only one left was the Chadbourne.

There was some confusion, because Pete had to email me, as the Potter was what I had ordered and he said they had just sold out ( so I took the Chadbourne )... Pete was very cool about it.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-26-2009, 08:23 AM
There are loads of trade editions of all 3 artists in the bargain bin of my local bookstore at £9 each.

Randall Flagg
02-26-2009, 01:58 PM
Hey All - I ordered an Artist Signed edition and was told that two of the three editions were sold out now.

The only one left was the Chadbourne.

There was some confusion, because Pete had to email me, as the Potter was what I had ordered and he said they had just sold out ( so I took the Chadbourne )... Pete was very cool about it.

There are loads of trade editions of all 3 artists in the bargain bin of my local bookstore at £9 each.

Perhaps a little help could be provided to a fellow member.:grouphug:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-26-2009, 03:21 PM

Perhaps a little help could be provided to a fellow member.:grouphug:

(The £9 books are TRADE editions)

Lots of Artist editions on sale on eBay.

Potter BIN $79.95

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-COLORADO-KID-Stephen-King-HB-DJ-SIGNED-J-K-Potter_W0QQitemZ320338757730QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ Fiction_Books?hash=item320338757730&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

All 3 for BIN $204.75

http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-COLORADO-KID-Stephen-King-SIGNED-ARTISTS-SET-of-3_W0QQitemZ320338757848QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Ficti on_Books?hash=item320338757848&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Randall Flagg
02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks. Good luck turtlex.

turtlex
03-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Here's a question, friends.

I bought a signed Colorado Kid ( B3 ) from PS Publishing I - see above.

I got my book today ( and a cool little hardcopy of The Long Way/Ramsey Campbell for "my trouble" )....

My book, though, doesn't have it's number listed. On the signature page, it simply says : This Is Copy : _______ with no number indicated.

I emailed Pete, but he's out of the office.

Just wondering what you all think... what would the next step be do you think?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-03-2009, 01:50 PM
Sounds like it's an out of series publisher's copy. The publisher always prints more than the stated amount in case of damaged books.

The S/L are sold out, so a replacement with a number is not available from PS Publishing.

turtlex
03-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Sounds like it's an out of series publisher's copy. The publisher always prints more than the stated amount in case of damaged books.

The S/L are sold out, so a replacement with a number is not available from PS Publishing.

Wow, thanks for the reply.

Weird that this is what I got.

I never considered that.

I'm curious what Pete is going to reply.

Randall Flagg
03-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Here's a question, friends.

I bought a signed Colorado Kid ( B3 ) from PS Publishing I - see above.

I got my book today ( and a cool little hardcopy of The Long Way/Ramsey Campbell for "my trouble" )....

My book, though, doesn't have it's number listed. On the signature page, it simply says : This Is Copy : _______ with no number indicated.

I emailed Pete, but he's out of the office.

Just wondering what you all think... what would the next step be do you think?

Wait to hear from Peter.:P
I am sure he'll get back to you within a few days.

Patrick
03-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Just write in "19" in the blank spot. ;)

turtlex
03-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Ha! 19, I like that.
I was thinking something like "1 of 1".

turtlex
03-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Just a quick update - Pete got back to me, supplied me with the copy number ( 138 ) and all is well.

He's a great guy. I'm very pleased with my book and the interaction.

Patrick
03-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Glad to hear it, Ms. turtlex. Pete's a good guy.

Cutter
03-19-2009, 04:56 PM

I have that book it's a fun little dark story, if there's such a thing. lol, but I liked it!

Randall Flagg
03-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Pete is a cool guy. Most assistive, and prompt in his responses.

turtlex
03-20-2009, 01:46 AM
I was impressed, for sure, and will definitely be doing business with them again.

wahlers
04-08-2010, 08:09 AM
I remember reading that the publisher of this book was british (at least that's what I remember reading). So, I was wondering if the text block is british or american.

I believe that if it's british, it would use single quotes instead of double and would have no periods on "Mr.", "Mrs.", etc. in addition to the occassional additional "u" in words and the switching of z's and s's in other words.

Can anybody confirm what the text is like?

jhanic
04-08-2010, 08:40 AM
The text is American English. It's probably taken directly from King's manuscript.

John

wahlers
04-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Awesome :thumbsup: No offense to the brits. :unsure:

Thanks for checking!

jhanic
04-08-2010, 09:11 AM
As far as I know, no Stephen King book has ever been published using British dialect. All the UK editions use American English.

This is very unlike the Harry Potter books, which in the UK editions use British, while the US editions use American. I try to read those in the UK versions.

John

jemaher
04-08-2010, 10:20 AM
I had no idea there were textual differences... live and learn

mae
04-08-2010, 11:06 AM
There aren't.

jhanic
04-08-2010, 12:00 PM
I had no idea there were textual differences... live and learn

If you're talking about the Harry Potter books, there are VERY minor differences:

jumper = sweater
trainers = sneakers
revise = study

and that sort of thing.

There are also UK language and spelling differences:

the team are instead of the team is
pajamas = pyjamas
civilization = civilisation

After a while, you just don't notice them.

John

wahlers
04-15-2010, 06:53 AM
Okay, so I couldn't pass up a chance to get a copy of the signed Miller edition for $50 (it's number 322/333 if anybody is keeping a list), but had a question.

Mine has a printing flub where the first painting (opposite page 20) is bound upside down. The rest are fine, and it doesn't really bother me, but I was just wondering if mine is "special" or was this mistake in the entire run?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup:

Sam
04-15-2010, 07:35 AM
It sounds like a mistake to me.

jhanic
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Mine is okay.

John

thegreattim
12-14-2010, 06:31 PM
I know this is not part of the S/L, but I could not find a generic PS Pub or Colorado Kid thread... I was notified by PS today that with the original hc trade nearly (finally!) sold out they are doing another printing. Instead of the one illustrator per book plan like last time, they are doing this:

* The Colorado Kid by Stephen King - a 300-copy reprint which features all three of the original PS covers but none of the interior art-pieces.
The print run will be split into three:
(i) JK Potter cover; Chadbourne front endpapers; Miller rear endpapers;
(ii) Glenn Chadbourne cover (pictured); Miller front endpapers; Potter rear endpapers;
(iii) Edward Miller cover; Potter front endpapers; Chadbourne rear endpapers.
There is only one ISBN for all three states (unsigned, £25); all orders of three or more copies will feature as far as is possible equal quantities o the three states.

I don't think I'm particularly interested, at the moment. Kinda feels like a ploy to grab more orders from the "completists" (Holy crap, cream colored endpapers for the library only second printing! Sign me up, Billy! ;)) to me, but someone else here might want this info. So, there you are!

jhanic
12-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks. I think I'll pass this one up. I'm a completist, but not that much of one.

John

Randall Flagg
12-14-2010, 07:18 PM
No thanks. I have more than enough versions of The Colorado Kid.

tippy4
12-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Ditto for me.

I have the three S/L editions (King/Miller, King/Potter, King/Chadbourne), and that is more than enough for me.

I sold off my unsigned edtions, as well as my artist-only signed editions.

I have decided to get UK editions only if they are signed by King.

Patrick
12-18-2010, 04:22 PM
I'll pass on that as well.

Randall Flagg
11-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Archive?

jhanic
11-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Archive.

John