PDA

View Full Version : Technical questions about the site

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

sarah
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Hello. can we start posting in the treads? I would maybe like to get off topic started and the Comic Tower going. Thanks and :rock:

sarah
04-29-2007, 10:37 AM
also, can we please up the pm count to 500 or 1000?

Matt
04-29-2007, 10:38 AM
I am going to look into this today. My thought is that I hate to have any threads that are too..."established" when the place opens the doors but I'm still muling it over.

Thanks for making the thread though, we need a place for questions like this.:rose:

Matt
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM

I popped it up from the default a bit, I am researching how much they take up and weather we need to make it different for regular members, all in the works. :idea:

Jorge
04-29-2007, 10:42 AM

You can have some of my PM space. I expect to be getting no more than 15 pm's EVER, so there should be plenty of left over space. I can be like an answering machine for you. :P

Erin
04-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Yea, I get like 5 PM's a month. :cyclops: And Mike, I sent you one at Camp yesterday and you didn't write back :nope:

sarah
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
I am going to look into this today. My thought is that I hate to have any threads that are too..."established" when the place opens the doors but I'm still muling it over.

oh that totally makes sense. I think it'll be good to have a fresh start. :huglove:

sarajean
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Yea, I get like 5 PM's a month. :cyclops: And Mike, I sent you one at Camp yesterday and you didn't write back :nope:

you'll get more now that you're a manager.

Will
04-29-2007, 11:04 AM

Jorge
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Erin, I did write you back, but unfortunately it was during the time that Camp was briefly offline. I didn't know whether or not the PM actually went through, but now I guess I know the answer to that. :P

BlakeMP
04-29-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm just noticing that the html is off for signatures, which now makes mine look kinda silly... :doh:

Is this something I can adjust, or should I just come up with a new sig?

Matt
04-29-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure why that is happening Blake. Could be the html code order is different here.

When you press the button for a link in the reply here, it doesn't let you name it but I am sure there is a way.

BlakeMP
04-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Hmm... when I try to edit the sig, it tells me that BB code and HTML are both turned off.

HTML code definitely should be -- leaving that open invites spammers... Does anyone else have any links in their sig, or is it just me?

Matt
04-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Is BB code what your sig uses? Because I could see about turning it on.

BlakeMP
04-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah, that's what I was trying to use. I just tried doing a few other things in BB code -- colors, italics, etc. -- and none of it is working.

How are you guys doing your sigs, if not in BB code? :scared:

Matt
04-29-2007, 11:59 AM
I did a link off site in that option, the rest is just text.

sen
04-29-2007, 01:19 PM
You can have some of my PM space. I expect to be getting no more than 15 pm's EVER, so there should be plenty of left over space. I can be like an answering machine for you. :P

Now millions of us will all pm you at once, mwhahahahahahaha....

Bethany
04-29-2007, 01:30 PM
is anyone else having a problem with the board showing new posts all the time? the two areas that are open right now constantly show the new posts icon, at least for me.

sarajean
04-29-2007, 01:32 PM
is anyone else having a problem with the board showing new posts all the time? the two areas that are open right now constantly show the new posts icon, at least for me.

yeah, i'm getting that, too.

Matt
04-29-2007, 01:35 PM
The site requires about a 3 minute "refresh to the database" time to notice and "unlight" forum markers. Its set up to deal with a vast amount of information so it rolls through and hits it as often as it can.

Jorge
04-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Now millions of us will all pm you at once, mwhahahahahahaha....

Then my evil plan is working :evil: :rock:

Bethany
04-29-2007, 03:28 PM
The site requires about a 3 minute "refresh to the database" time to notice and "unlight" forum markers. Its set up to deal with a vast amount of information so it rolls through and hits it as often as it can.

this is way longer than3 minutes.

sarajean
04-29-2007, 03:45 PM
this is way longer than3 minutes.

she's right. i read this 15 minutes ago, and it's still listed as new.

i'm also having an issue where i go to a thread, click the last post icon, and it takes me to the last post from the time before the last time.

does that make sense?

sarah
04-29-2007, 03:47 PM
what is the difference between off-topic area A and B?

Patrick
04-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Is there a way to set "user's local time" here? I didn't see it in the Edit Profile. GMT confuses me.

sarah
04-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Is there a way to set "user's local time" here? I didn't see it in the Edit Profile. GMT confuses me.

it's in edit options scroll down. :dance:

Matt
04-29-2007, 05:41 PM
she's right. i read this 15 minutes ago, and it's still listed as new.

i'm also having an issue where i go to a thread, click the last post icon, and it takes me to the last post from the time before the last time.

does that make sense?

wow--I'm not sure you guys, it could be 5 minutes. I have been watching every thing all day and it seems to be working.

Aaron
04-29-2007, 09:03 PM
There is no discernable difference in the two off-topic areas, aside from the fact that they are in different areas and will have different facilitators. The main point is to just spread out the discussion across the board so that it doesn't take the main focus of the site, as it did with AE. Also, this should make it a bit more manageable.

Brice
04-29-2007, 10:07 PM
I think that's a good idea as far as spreading out the off topic discussion. I see only one potential problem with the idea and maybe y'all already have thought of it but wouldn't there be some confusion as to which off topic forum to put a thread in? Would there just be a general rule that there couldn't be duplicates or clones of a thread in both forums? And am I correct in assuming that whichever of those two forums had a specific thread started in it would take precedent over the other for such a thread?

Jorge
04-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Well, with the example I brought up earlier, one of the off-topic sections seemed to revolve around the posting games and less serious conversation while the other had the more serious discussions.

Will
04-29-2007, 10:44 PM

Brice
04-29-2007, 11:27 PM
oh, okay! I just became confused by Aaron's post which said there was no discernable difference between the two areas.

sarah
04-30-2007, 06:58 AM
There is no discernable difference in the two off-topic areas, aside from the fact that they are in different areas and will have different facilitators. The main point is to just spread out the discussion across the board so that it doesn't take the main focus of the site, as it did with AE. Also, this should make it a bit more manageable.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. It makes sence to do that and learn from what happened over at tdt.net and not make those same mistakes. :rose:

Mike Beck
04-30-2007, 12:25 PM
um yes. i have a question.

when are we going to see the basement?

sarah
04-30-2007, 12:29 PM
There's no basement in the Alamo! /pee wee's big adventure.

Hannah
04-30-2007, 12:30 PM
The basement here is scary.

There's monsters down there. You know like those things that come out of thinnys? Those kind of monsters.

What in the blue hell are those called again and why can't I remember?

sarah
04-30-2007, 12:30 PM
and on that pee wee note

Pee-wee: There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, mike beck. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand

Aaron
04-30-2007, 12:36 PM
There would be no prerequisite for types of threads for the forums. You could post any thread in either room, and the Facilitators between those rooms will just need to keep their eyes open for duplicates, and threads can be merged between forums. The oldest existing thread on the topic would be the one that remains, and the new thread would be merged into it. The thread would be placed--for the time being--in the forum that the discussion was most recently in. Example: There is a thread about Evolution in The Dixie Pig, but it hasn't been active for a while. Someone starts a new thread in Blue Heaven about Natural Selection. The facilitator in Blue Heaven remembers that there is a thread about evolution in the Dixie Pig, so they do a search and find it. They then move that thread to Blue Heaven and merge the new thread with it. This way the threads are merged, but the poster of the mew topic can find the new thread without having to check the other forum.

Please note, though, that this is not going to be something that we are going to be hardcore on. If there are some duplicate threads across two different forums, it's no big deal. They can be merged anytime. We just have to make sure that the members posting in them last know where to locate the topic after the changes have been made.

Of course, I am thinking that there will be some natural shift to where one forum talks about one type of thing, and the other goes somewhere else. But it won't be games and such. Those would go in Fedic Station.

Have I confused you all more than before?

Bethany
04-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Do we have to allow the post whoring games--word association, who's above you, whatever? There are a zillion other sites where you can play those.

Aaron
04-30-2007, 12:46 PM
We don't have to allow them, since there is nothing special to be gained from a high post count, but I would still allow them, simply because it would be more work to try and stop people from posting them than it would actually be to moderate them. Those threads--because of how they are set up--should never need moderation. No disputes, no bickering, none of that shit. So it would probably be easiest just to let them exist.

sarajean
04-30-2007, 02:14 PM
We don't have to allow them, since there is nothing special to be gained from a high post count, but I would still allow them, simply because it would be more work to try and stop people from posting them than it would actually be to moderate them. Those threads--because of how they are set up--should never need moderation. No disputes, no bickering, none of that shit. So it would probably be easiest just to let them exist.

unless some asshole kids spoil who dies for you in one of the games, that is.

can you tell i'm still very fucking bitter?

Aaron
04-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Ahh, yes. That is one situation, but the majority of the games that I've seen aren't set up in such a way that they could do that. I'm guessing it was Word Association that this ocurred in? I just don't see disallowing a type of thread because one of them could potentially cause a problem. We'd just put it in the rules to not use spoilers.

Matt
04-30-2007, 02:19 PM
And then jump peoples shit for doing it hardcore. :rock:

Will
04-30-2007, 02:19 PM

Aaron
04-30-2007, 02:21 PM
I am sorry that that happened to you, though. We're gonna have to be really strict with spoilers.

Matt

Do we have a spoiler tag option, or is that something we're gonna have to install?

Matt
04-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Hmmm...good question. I will add it to the list to ask my phone support guy.

I really want to use his ass. :pirate:

sarajean
04-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Ahh, yes. That is one situation, but the majority of the games that I've seen aren't set up in such a way that they could do that. I'm guessing it was Word Association that this ocurred in? I just don't see disallowing a type of thread because one of them could potentially cause a problem. We'd just put it in the rules to not use spoilers.

actually, it was the person above you game.

so and so cried when so and so died.

so and so cried even harder when so and so died.

then i cried.

Patrick
04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
it's in edit options scroll down. :dance:
Thanks! :rock:

Dolan
04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
I really want to use his ass. :pirate:

Um...careful! Some of us would like that! :evil:

BlakeMP
04-30-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm sure there's a way to add a spoiler function. My question is, how long after a book's release should we consider info "spoilerworthy"? Certainly, in the month or two after it comes out, but by now we've had DT7 for almost three years. Do we still have to consider information there spoiler-protected?

Matt
04-30-2007, 07:37 PM
I wondered about that too. All night actually.

I am not sure how much we need to consider a person getting spoiled after this much time. We have an entire section for it which I would like to break into chapters so there will always be a place you can that is spoiler free.

That being said, it is going to happen obviously and I think we need to have an option to cover up spoilers. I can find one for sure, already just about got it done as a matter of fact. :rock:

Aaron
04-30-2007, 10:03 PM
The spoiler requirements will vary depending on the forum being posted in. In the reread forum, you are catering to people who have already read the series, so spoilers will not have to be marked, but the onnest forum is for first time readers, and therefore would, though it would vary by subforum/book. I would think that major spoilers, such as characters who die and the loop should be marked anywhere else on the site, just to be sure. Once we get a spoiler function up and I'm sure of how it will work, I'll be editing in another posting guideline about it.

Mike Beck
05-01-2007, 04:39 AM
and on that pee wee note

Pee-wee: There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, mike beck. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand. Things you shouldn't understand

lol! heck yes. i was scared no one would get the pee wee thing, but there ya go, eh? :)

Matt
05-01-2007, 06:20 AM
The spoiler requirements will vary depending on the forum being posted in. In the reread forum, you are catering to people who have already read the series, so spoilers will not have to be marked, but the onnest forum is for first time readers, and therefore would, though it would vary by subforum/book. I would think that major spoilers, such as characters who die and the loop should be marked anywhere else on the site, just to be sure. Once we get a spoiler function up and I'm sure of how it will work, I'll be editing in another posting guideline about it.

I like this guide line a lot, major spoilers on the rest of the site need to be tagged.

I have put one in, its the new button in your tool bar in replies. :pirate:

Patrick
05-01-2007, 08:47 PM
How come some people have "Junior Member" as their title (in the Member List)? Just wondering.

Jorge
05-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Are those just the people who have 0 posts?

Squatchie
05-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Are the avatar settings going to remain at 50x50? And how come some people's are larger than that?

Patrick
05-04-2007, 09:16 AM
Can we add smilies, even just the standard ones, that correspond to:

:D

and

:P

Thanks. :)

Randall Flagg
05-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Patrick,

do you mean add them to the side window?
They are there under the more option.:p

Hannah
05-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Patrick, try the tongue :P smiley with a little p ... : p

Patrick
05-04-2007, 09:30 AM
:p

I'll be damned, the lowercase "p" worked. Thanks.

How about the other one? :D

Matt
05-04-2007, 09:32 AM
That one I don't have but I plan to add it, its on my "to-do" list at home. :cyclops:

OchrisO
05-04-2007, 09:32 AM
We just need some graphically talented(mike beck) person to design a darktower themed smiley pack. :)

Patrick
05-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Thanks, Matt. I have a limited brain capacity to memorize smilie code, so I need all the ones I can remember. :blush:

:doh: Ok, add the blushing smilie to your list. :huglove:

Squatchie
05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I thought we'd established that it was a capital-P for the :P smiley?

Matt
05-04-2007, 09:39 AM
EEEK!!!

I thought you said lower Shann, I can totally replace it. Maybe we should have a poll. :lol:

Patrick
05-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Capital P is the standard, I believe.

"If you're down with P, well then you're down with me."

Squatchie
05-04-2007, 09:45 AM
:lol:

Well, you can leave it as the little P, but I'm pretty sure both Patrick and I will never get used to it. ;)

Patrick
05-04-2007, 09:52 AM
I :wub: Shann for appreciating Rick Ocasek lyrics.

Matt
05-04-2007, 09:55 AM
I think we'll go little p

I like to see that tounge out as much as possible.

Squatchie
05-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Big P Big P Big P.

<-- is a fan of the big P's ;)

And, I was serious about the avatar question. It got lost in all the tongue-talk.

Matt
05-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Ooops--big P I mean.

it should be changed now.

I am going to check into the avatar thing, I haven't set anything special for certain people.

**adds to list* :P <---big P

Patrick
05-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the big P, Matt.

What? Squatchie has avatar envy?

Actually an automatic standardizer resizer function (like at the mothership) would make adding avatars smoother for everyone.

Squatchie
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
*shrug*

I just think that part of the fun of having a unique avatar is being able to have one with something written in it or whatever, and have it readable. At 50x50, anyone with resolutions above 800x600 will find them kinda small for text and such.

Hannah
05-04-2007, 10:12 AM
Yay for big P! Now I won't have to remember to do a little p when I want to stick my tongue out.

That sounds weird.

Patrick
05-04-2007, 10:18 AM
*shrug*

I just think that part of the fun of having a unique avatar is being able to have one with something written in it or whatever, and have it readable. At 50x50, anyone with resolutions above 800x600 will find them kinda small for text and such.

Oh, so are you asking for larger avatars for everyone?

This is one reason that I kind of prefer having avs off to the left of people's posts instead of at the top, then av size can be bigger.

Squatchie
05-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Yeah, the format of it over the post instead of to the left definitely is taking some getting used to.

Patrick
05-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I think it's going to take a lot more getting used to when we have lots of members with long-ass sigs that go on for half a page in addition to all the bars with the avatar/member names.

Squatchie
05-04-2007, 10:35 AM
At that point, you're going to want them to have avatars just so you know when the sig ends. :P

Patrick
05-04-2007, 10:35 AM
:lol: Good point. :lol:

Nerak
05-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Yay for big P! Now I won't have to remember to do a little p when I want to stick my tongue out.

That sounds weird.

:scared: :rofl:

Rjeso
05-04-2007, 06:42 PM
So no sig character limits here? Damn. THe uber-long ones bug me.

Nerak, I can't help but notice your sig. You're welcome re: David Ortiz. ;)

*Twins fan*

Frunobulax
05-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Laura, I honestly think a sig character limit is a good idea. I jokingly complained about it, but it's smart.

Matt
05-04-2007, 08:32 PM
We're still working these limits--I gotta figure out what's reasonable. :cool:

Nerak, I can't help but notice your sig. You're welcome re: David Ortiz. ;)

*Twins fan*

Patrick
05-04-2007, 08:38 PM
We're still working these limits--I gotta figure out what's reasonable. :cool:
So I suppose that means you'll somehow limit image size in sigs as well? :dance:

Randall Flagg
05-04-2007, 08:40 PM

You should have seen my "toooo long" test sig.
Probably 1,000 words.
I'll be happy to see a reasonable limit.

Patrick
05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
When you click on any of the forums in the main area, on the bottom right it says "Moderators" (twice I think).

Will that be changed to say something else, like "Facilitators" or "Forum Management" or something?

Aaron
05-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Not sure if we can do that, Patrick. Matt might know how, but I was under the impression that it was something that would have to be recoded rather than just edited, as we can do with most of the rest of the board. I don't think we can change the names of the buttons on the menu bar either. Without programming, I mean. But then it may be something that our designer can change easily.

Matt
05-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Regular members of the forum have the following sig limits

Photo: 500x200 max--2k

Text: 250 total length

Admin on the site have not been fixed because I believe we can police ourselves.

As far as the "moderators" at the bottom of the forum page...that might take some work. I looked and only saw it once though. :dancing:

OchrisO
05-04-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm thinking that there is a way to edit group names, or perhaps create new groups with the same permissions, but I can't remember for sure.

Matt
05-04-2007, 09:35 PM
Oh yeah, the groups are all edited with the right names.

I think Patrick is talking about that little box at the bottom of the page when you enter a forum.

It says "Moderators" and lists those folks.

Patrick
05-04-2007, 09:35 PM
yay for sig limits! Thanks, Matt.

When you click on a forum name on the main page: It will then say "Moderators"
on the black bar, then again right below that before listing everyone's name. It's redundant actually.

EDIT: Matt is correct.

Matt
05-04-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh...:lol:

I see what you mean, it is a bit redundant. Chris might know what template to modify that but I'm not sure.

I think that people are kind of used to seeing that word to signify the "staff" so I am not sure if it takes away from the structure too much.

**considers back burner**

Patrick
05-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I agree that if it takes some effort, it is totally backburner. It would just be nice to skip the term altogether if it's an easy fix.

Will
05-07-2007, 08:41 AM

Matt
05-07-2007, 08:45 AM
It wasn't deleted Will, it was simply moved.

I figured since so many new people were showing up it would be nice for them not to know all the inside stuff. We are kind of past the original group.

It wasn't to hurt anyone and I noticed a thread at camp about it so I thought the discussion could go on there for those who have a personal stake in the situation.

It was not the only one, I moved several today.

If you want to have it back, I can do that I guess.

Frunobulax
05-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Will--RDJ LP!!

Patrick
05-07-2007, 03:36 PM
New Question:

The Comic Tower forum will hold discussions about the DT comic series. This may lead to discussions about other comics, brands, etc. Where do conversations about other comic books/comic industry go? Same forum, or elsewhere?

Matt
05-07-2007, 03:50 PM
I think a subforum in there would be useful for that. :idea:

Patrick
05-07-2007, 03:53 PM
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks, Matt.

LadyGan
05-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Are there any plans to have a Dark Tower RP?

Aaron
05-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Possibly later on. :P

ZoNeSeeK
05-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Are we able to increase the 2.0k signature image limit? :) to maybe 200k ?

fernandito
05-08-2007, 11:13 AM
Is there a 'mark all forums as read' type option on here?

Rjeso
05-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah, it's on the bottom of the page, above the online list info, in the middle of the page.

Matt
05-08-2007, 11:14 AM
There is.

You should have a "forum options" drop down when you first click in it.

Then just choose that very thing. :nana:

towerguard
05-10-2007, 04:59 AM
Why is my member title JFK? :lol:

Remind me to stay out of convertables.

Brice
05-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Maybe it's a stupid question but, I see no option for starting polls. Is there one?

Matt
05-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Its under the full on new reply window, down under the post option.

Telynn
05-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Is there going to be a way to see who is currently viewing a thread? Like a little list at the bottom? Or is it there and I just haven't been lucky enough to be viewing at the same time as anyone else?

Matt
05-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Should be a link down there that says "currently active users" to see that info Telynn :D

Telynn
05-11-2007, 05:05 PM
In each thread?

Matt
05-11-2007, 05:20 PM
Oh no. Its out on the main board view. Same place it is on every other board if we are talking about the same thing.

Like...to see which threads people are viewing right now?

Telynn
05-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Kinda but in addition to that. I think TDT.net has the same thing, but it doesn't work right now. Next time you are at Redton, look at the bottom of the thread you are viewing. It shows you, and anyone else who is looking at that thread at that moment. Not a big deal, just wondered if it was something that would be here too. Josh, Ruki and O know what I'm talking about too.

Matt
05-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Oh, I know what you mean. I thought it was at the top for some reason.

Let me check into that. :D

Matt
05-11-2007, 06:07 PM
There we go, it was a setting on the control panel. :nana:

Telynn
05-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Thank ya! :thumbsup:

Wow, you are quick! I was thanking you for looking into it! And here it is all solved.

Patrick
05-13-2007, 08:55 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks, Matt, for fixing that so easily. That was one of the few things I noticed, that I didn't bother you about. :lol:

Telynn
05-14-2007, 06:52 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks, Matt, for fixing that so easily. That was one of the few things I noticed, that I didn't bother you about. :lol:

Sooooo you saying I'm gripey? Huh? :arg:

j/k! :huglove:

Ruki
05-14-2007, 07:04 PM
thank you matt! i'd looked around for that but didn't realize it was something we could ask you to turn on.

ZoNeSeeK
05-14-2007, 08:13 PM
Telynn, could you puhlease use the updated sig i sent you? :)

Patrick
05-15-2007, 08:32 AM

Sooooo you saying I'm gripey? Huh? :arg:

j/k! :huglove:

Jon
05-15-2007, 10:54 PM
My page is still at least two inches out of whack. Someone tell me why please. I realize this is is likely my settings problem, but I have decided to to kill Jean and hold Zone captive in a pit of candy and 8 year old children untill I have a resolution.

Jon
05-15-2007, 10:55 PM
I forgot to add..."I mean it!!"

Jon
05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Or... you could give me a sheep!!

Matt
05-16-2007, 04:08 AM

Could you post us a screen shot of your problem Jon. you can just hold down "print screen" on your keyboard and then paste it into something like "Paint" to stick it out here. :D

MonteGss
05-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Hope this is the correct thread for this.
One tiny thing I've noticed that I think others may appreciate would be those little up arrows to the side of each post that would allow users to quickly go back to the top of the page. I've noticed there is a link called "Top" at the very bottom of each page that accomplishes this but sometimes I'm a lazy surfer. No biggie though, I'm a big boy, I'll live. :)
Great site!

The Red Rose
05-20-2007, 08:00 AM
No matter what I do with my signature image to resize it, it just ends up either tiny and pointless or so blurred and pixelated that you can't make out what it is.

Can anyone help?

My software is capable of allowing resizing of the image, pixel dimensions and resolution but you have to lock at least one to adjust the others.

Matt
05-20-2007, 08:06 AM
If you would like to send me the original image, I will see if I can set it in there for you Rose.

Is it hosted out somewhere like www.imageshack.us?

Hannah
05-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Hope this is the correct thread for this.
One tiny thing I've noticed that I think others may appreciate would be those little up arrows to the side of each post that would allow users to quickly go back to the top of the page. I've noticed there is a link called "Top" at the very bottom of each page that accomplishes this but sometimes I'm a lazy surfer. No biggie though, I'm a big boy, I'll live. :)
Great site!

I'm frustrated by the lack of a "top" button myself. Scrolling to the bottom of the page is a pain in the ass, imo.

sarajean
05-20-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm frustrated by the lack of a "top" button myself. Scrolling to the bottom of the page is a pain in the ass, imo.

just hit "home" on your keyboard, wifey.

geez.

:P

Matt
05-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Holy shit!! that is a great thing to know. Thanks SJ :wub:

The Red Rose
05-20-2007, 01:26 PM
If you would like to send me the original image, I will see if I can set it in there for you Rose.

Is it hosted out somewhere like www.imageshack.us?

Thanks Matt, it's not hosted, just an image I have on my computer but I tried everything to get it to 2kb but it just won't have it.

I'll sent it to you via email if you can PM me your address.

sarajean
05-20-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks Matt, it's not hosted, just an image I have on my computer but I tried everything to get it to 2kb but it just won't have it.

I'll sent it to you via email if you can PM me your address.psst. just click on his profile, and send a message via email. :D

The Red Rose
05-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I did that and it said he opted not to receive emails and to contact the admin if I still wish to send an email to him.

Matt
05-20-2007, 02:01 PM
:o

Really? I had no idea :lol:

I'll have to fix that.

You can email me at...mattrayne@thedarktower.org

that's fixed now, it was under the UserCP in options.

The Red Rose
05-20-2007, 02:15 PM
OK Matt sending it over right now...

Matt
05-21-2007, 11:23 AM
Here is the link to the image hosted on image shack.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4120/silversurfer2xk1.jpg

Also the image itself, looks great I think.

**loves the Silver Surfer**

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4120/silversurfer2xk1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The Red Rose
05-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Ahh that's much better, thanks for that! :thumbsup:

EDIT: When I tried to upload it from imageshack using the URL I get a message that still says "Remote File Too Large"

Sorry to give you a headache Matt!

Fall of Gilead
05-21-2007, 01:12 PM
A quick question...I can't seem to use the different tags for my posts. I tried some bold and italic and a picture tag and none seem to work.

Matt
05-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Test

Hmm..does it say vb code is ON down in the left corner of this screen?

Hannah
05-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Ahh that's much better, thanks for that! :thumbsup:

EDIT: When I tried to upload it from imageshack using the URL I get a message that still says "Remote File Too Large"

Sorry to give you a headache Matt!

I think I fixed it. :thumbsup:

Matt
05-21-2007, 01:47 PM
sweet!!

Hannah
05-21-2007, 01:48 PM
But maybe not... dammit!

Matt
05-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Why in the world can people from every group there is have a pic in there sig and then random people can't? :pullhair:

The group settings are all the same. :lol:

The sig pic shows perfectly in the admin panel.

Hannah
05-21-2007, 01:55 PM
It shows up in his sig in the admin panel, but not on the boards. I just don't get it.

Matt
05-21-2007, 01:57 PM
test

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/4120/silversurfer2xk1.jpg

Matt
05-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Hmmm...I was able to add it to mine. I may have to sign on as you to do it Red Rose

1. Uploaded image with the link I sent you in my control panel
2. Added [*sigpic]image[*/sigpic] (without *) to the little text box there.
3. Made sure "show signature" was checked on my posting window.

The Red Rose
05-21-2007, 03:24 PM
How wierd is that?? It's enough to drive a person crazy but it looks like you fixed it now, thank you Hannah and Matt :grouphug:

Jean
05-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Is it necessary to mark spoilers inside the posts, if the thread title contains the word "spoilers" as a warning? If it isn't, I would add this word to Baronies->DT7 immediately. It's getting quite unreadable.

Jon
05-24-2007, 11:11 PM

Could you post us a screen shot of your problem Jon. you can just hold down "print screen" on your keyboard and then paste it into something like "Paint" to stick it out here. :D

Ok I'll try.

Jon
05-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Here is the screen.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/jonbug/screen.jpg

Matt
05-25-2007, 06:01 AM
Thanks for showing that Jon. I think there has been a thread established for this problem. Have a look there to see if any of the tips help. :D

Matt
05-25-2007, 07:19 AM
Is it necessary to mark spoilers inside the posts, if the thread title contains the word "spoilers" as a warning? If it isn't, I would add this word to Baronies->DT7 immediately. It's getting quite unreadable.

I think Aarons standard 3 work pretty well as a guide line.

End of story
Death of someone
major plot spoiler

The nature of that thread, being the last book and all probably has these three elements in every post. :lol:

However--I believe you are right. I wouldn't even venture into a thread like that if I had not finished the book.

The spoiler thing is a weird fine line but I think the guidelines work pretty well. People should try to limit covering anything up with the tag unless if falls into one of those categories.

Jean
05-25-2007, 09:12 AM
what I meant is, at TDT.net, if you add the word "spoilers" to the title of a thread, you don't have to mark your spoilers inside posts: everybody is already warned that every post is likely to contain them, - consist of them, in fact.

That's what such titles look like:

Where You Satisfied With The Ending ***spoilers!***

after that, spoilers are not marked in posts: don't have to be, and, for the sake of readability, shouldn't.

Matt
05-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Oh, I totally understand that Jean.

I just think if we went with that method, we would have to tag every thread that way which we purposely didn't want to do.

That is the whole reason that Aaron went to all that trouble to post the requirements. I think that basically every thread in there would have to be marked that way if we were going to do it

And at that point, we might as well just mark the forum which is what we tried to accomplish.

Jean
05-25-2007, 09:34 AM
I understand, but maybe exception could be made for The Baronies? The forums there are placed in the order of the books; so probably could be the forum spoiler warnings. That's how I imagine it (applying to The Baronies only):

The Gunslinger ***spoilers for Book 1***

The DofTT ***spoilers for Books 1 and 2***

The Waste Lands ***spoilers for Books 1, 2 and 3***

The Dark Tower ***spoilers for all seven books***

it would be logical, and it wouldn't make the whole site policy inconsistent. I think maybe this was the reason why, as I noticed, there is no spoiler requirements thread in The Baronies, unlike all other forums: it may be just oversight, but I think it was the feeling that these forums are different by their very nature.

By the way, there's already a number of threads with the word "spoilers" in the title. I am sure their starters, and everyone who posts there - if they have any TDT.net experience - understand it that spoilers don't have to be marked inside; looks like something should be done about that, too

Matt
05-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Great ideas all around. I will speak with Aaron about and see what he would like to do.

I'm not sure if we will ever find anything that works exactly the way it should but there may be room for improvement.

MonteGss
05-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Ok, here's a random question guys:
I had my browser closed, my computer was off/asleep but when my wife visited the site on her computer, it showed that I was online and active. I guess it isn't a big deal but it was surprising. Do I have to log off each time I leave the site in order to be be inactive?

*edit*
It's now 10:53 pm (central time) and I am leaving the site...closing Safari, closing the lid of my computer.
Am I active and online? I won't be again til morning...
Thanks! Have a good night everyone. :)

OchrisO
05-25-2007, 09:53 PM
It shows who was active for the last hour. It doesn't take you off the list until the hour is up. If you click on the view who's online thing it tells when you last activity was, though.

Jon
05-26-2007, 01:03 AM
It shows who was active for the last hour. It doesn't take you off the list until the hour is up. If you click on the view who's online thing it tells when you last activity was, though.

It also shows how often you masturbate!

MonteGss
05-26-2007, 06:14 AM

Thanks!

I'm in trouble then. :)

OchrisO
05-26-2007, 09:13 PM

The server processor would explode.

Daghain
05-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I think I am having a TMI moment here :D

OchrisO
05-26-2007, 09:26 PM
You love it.

Jean
05-26-2007, 10:39 PM
In addition to what I said here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=10041&postcount=157) (and which grows more and more urgent with every post in the Baronies):

In one of The Baronies threads, Nikolett asked people to specify which books the marked spoilers referred to.

The idea is so great and obvious that it isn't even surprising it wasn't put to practice, it was, paradoxically, too big to be noticed.

Indeed, if someone is reading book 5, and comes across a marked spoiler, how are they going to make their choice whether or not they can venture there? And what if the spoiler refers to the Mejis tragedy they are very well aware of?

On the other hand, while we already have such beautiful spoiler marker, marking them manually will look amateurish, unnecessarily complicated, and inconsistent:

The Spoiler below is for Book 4:
Susan died

Can there - not now, of course, but at some time in the future - be some "advanced spoilers"? With multiple choice, allowing to specify the spoiled book(s)? I believe it is feasible, and, if it is not so very easy, it would be really helpful.

P.S. There appear more and more threads with the word "spoilers" in the title. I wish we would all come to an agreement on our spoiler policy as soon as possible.

Matt
05-27-2007, 07:46 AM
Obviously it needs to be re looked at. I was off the grid all day yesterday so I will try and come up with some ideas to solve it soon.

What I don't want is every thread title on the board saying **possible spoilers**

The trick is to figure out where it is necessary and where it is not. Believe me, this question has been in my head from the moment I thought about doing this. :D

Jean
05-27-2007, 08:04 AM
What I don't want is every thread title on the board saying **possible spoilers**
Absolutely. That's what happened at TDT.net, by the way. No, it must be said very clearly that **possible spoilers** are permitted only in specific forums. The Baronies seem to naturally invite it (and Turtleback, by the way, too: spoilers inside a story or, God forbid, a poem would look pathetic). In all other forums they might even be explicitly forbidden. It may sound complicated, but as experience shows, the more complicated a structure, the easier it is for users after they overcome the first shock.

Matt
05-27-2007, 08:25 AM
It may sound complicated, but as experience shows, the more complicated a structure, the easier it is for users after they overcome the first shock.

That is very true which is why you have to get it out there and established, then stick with it so people can count on a standard.

Which is totally the goal.

I still think that Aarons spoiler idea holds but I think it may have been misinterpreted a little. I read it the "death of someone" meaning a reference to that very moment.

Any mention about how they got there, what was being done at the time...any of that would be acceptable. "The End" is obviously no good where ever you put it...stuff like that.

I think the established rules are based on a huge amount of common sense which is that if you go into the forum where we are discussing the seventh book and you haven't read it yet, that's kind of a bad idea :lol:

I would think we could solve this whole problem with a simple "Spoiler Guideline" in the FAQ that specifically spells out what to expect on the forum.

Aarons big three for spoilers is based on the idea that people will take a broad notion of what they could see if they venture into discussions on books they have not read yet and kind of police themselves.

It was a lot of work to come up with a specific spoiler requirement thread for every forum and I think if people read it and considered it openly we would find out that most of the discussion doesn't need tags at all.

But I would really hate to spoil a major plot point or the ending for anyone so we do have to be careful.

Spencer
05-27-2007, 10:29 AM
is there any way we can get the av sizes bumped up a bit? Nothing insane, just bigger than Bazooka Joe Comics. :D

Matt
05-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Its up to a pretty good size already Spencer, larger than what you have there but if you are uploading it from your computer for the site, you might end up with a restriction.

Is it hosted?

Spencer
05-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm hotlinking stuff, and it's telling me the max size is 80x80, which most images I'm trying to link are larger than. I'll just have to pull stuff I want off and resize it down instead of hotlinking.

Matt
05-27-2007, 10:34 AM
hmmm...I have it set for 100x100..max size 2k

Spencer
05-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Yeah, when I said 80x80, I MEANT 100x100. :lol: Oops. I can pull off images I want and resize em under that. I think what's happening is that, instead of resizing to fit, this board just says "remote file too large". Manual resizing will take care of that. :)

Aaron
05-27-2007, 03:47 PM
The spoiler requirements have been amended in The Baronies. There actually are forums here that already allow "spoiler threads", and I really just didn't think about it in relation to The Baronies. Easy enough to add. I guess that I just hadn't anticipated someone starting threads specifically about the ending or people who died. Not my smartest moment, but it's all fixed now. :shoot:

Jean
05-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Spoiler threads may be begun in this forum where spoilers do not have to be marked, but must be marked as having spoilers in their titles

that is great, Aaron, thank you! Now

1. We might think of adding the same line to Spoiler Requirements in at least some other threads. For example, Turtleback: it would be pathetic to see such poem (extrait taken from CAN' Ka No Rey by CRinVA):

Of Susan Delgado of that you’d know
She died for sure oh Char You tree
But not the idiot savant Sheemie,
For Roland sought the Tower over thee
A gunslinger’s Ka, his destiny.

Through a glass palace the ka-tet must past
Back to End-world, was it Todash
But first a re-aquantance with the Tick Tock Man
Brought back to life by a man named Flagg
Twas a quick fight, the work of Gan.

I can’t remember if I cried
When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
And something touched me deep inside
The day the bumbler died.So bye-bye, the Ka-tet of five.

Now, in Gilead, too, there may very well appear a poll on, for example, "Whose death was the saddest". Gilead would be the proper place for it (not all deaths took place in DT7), but it would be impossible to mark spoilers with the poll questions. Basing on TDT.net experience, I anticipate a great number of such threads, or loop-threads (not necessarily belonging to DT7, either) etc. So I'm afraid the number of the threads where this new rule applies should be higher.

2. We have to decide how to keep the number of such threads reasonable. Probably it should be left to moderator's discretion whether or not a thread should or shouldn't have ***spoilers*** in the title.

3. I am still not sure if it wouldn't be easier and more natural and logical to just spoiler-mark all Baronies' forums, rather than individual threads (I'm talking only about the Baronies now, since elsewhere it is hardly applicable or needed) the way I suggested in one of the posts above:

The Dark Tower ***spoilers for all seven books***

VolsToTheWall
05-28-2007, 07:39 PM
3. I am still not sure if it wouldn't be easier and more natural and logical to just spoiler-mark all Baronies' forums, rather than individual threads (I'm talking only about the Baronies now, since elsewhere it is hardly applicable or needed) the way I suggested in one of the posts above:

I think that this would be the best idea for the baronies forum. Exactly as you laid out the example Jean, it's a great idea and makes perfect sense. If you go into the individual forum for a particular book, you should expect to find many spoilers for that book in that particular forum.

Aaron
05-28-2007, 09:54 PM
You mean like in the onnest forums? We could do that, I guess, and just isolate the issue right there. Give some time and I'll figure something out.

Daghain
05-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey, while you're at it, could you define the universe and give three examples?

Just askin' :D

Jean
05-28-2007, 10:12 PM
I can do it on my head (picture below). Not in this thread, though.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Palaver/bear4bis.gif

Daghain
05-28-2007, 10:28 PM
LOL very cute, Jean. :D

Jean
05-29-2007, 08:52 AM
sorry to obsessively return to the same question, but do quotations have to appear in italics? When the author of the quotation is specified (which seems a natural thing to do), most of his formatting is killed, and - maybe it's just me, of course - the quotation itself dramatically loses in readability. It was all right for small quotes, but not so very good for large ones.

Matt
05-29-2007, 08:55 AM
I think they don't have to appear in italics as long as the quotation itself is credited to the author. :D

Jean
05-29-2007, 09:00 AM
I think they don't have to appear in italics as long as the quotation itself is credited to the author. :D
here it goes. In italics.

while this one is with no author mentioned:

I think they don't have to appear in italics as long as the quotation itself is credited to the author.

Matt
05-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Oh hell, I see what you mean. Does the quote box itself have to be italics.

I thought you meant something for wiki--I have way too much going on :lol:

I can check into it Jean

Jean
05-29-2007, 09:12 AM
I have way too much going on :lol:
understandable...
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Palaver/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Palaver/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Palaver/0134-bear.gif

Spencer
06-02-2007, 09:46 AM
The way I've always handled spoilers in book discussions is this (feel free to disregard if it doesn't work here) :

If you're discussing a book in a book discussion forum, it's assumed that you've read up till and through the book being discussed, so spoilers BEFORE said book are fair game, AFTER said book must be marked. So, for example, if you're in the Wizard and Glass discussion forum, you'd only need to mark spoilers for books V, VI, and VII. Plus, the spoiler free discussion here is a separate thing, that makes things a lot easier for 1st time readers. They can discuss things as they read there, then go to the Barinies after they finish each book.

I love Aaron's and Jean's ideas for marking in other sections.

Jean
06-02-2007, 10:36 AM
thank you Spenser!

Matt
06-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Sorry about the database glitch everyone. Had to be right when we had the place rockin' <_<

Scott Landon
06-05-2007, 08:59 AM
What glitch? :unsure:

Matt
06-05-2007, 09:06 AM
For about 5 minutes yesterday (when it was really busy), the forum database had a little problem. <_<

Frunobulax
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
I must have been out when that happened.
Don't let it happen again when I'm not here! :P

Matt
06-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Not a big deal at all :D

Oh, and could someone PM me? I am testing that response now.

Frunobulax
06-05-2007, 06:47 PM
PM sent.

Matt
06-06-2007, 05:56 AM
Thanks for sending those you guys. I have no idea whats up because I got an email notifying me of every message that was sent.

(I seriously need to turn it off now :lol:)

The board is set to send them and each individual group allows it as well.

Frunobulax
06-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Ah, OK.

MonteGss
06-06-2007, 07:20 PM
When viewing the Fan Art page...the top of the page link/logo "The Dark Tower.com" is broken. I don't know if it has been mentioned before. I just thought you may want to know. The site's still awesome though. :)

Frunobulax
06-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Same for the link page (second MORE door).

Frunobulax
06-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Okay--any page from the pages you reach from the doors are broken.

Matt
06-07-2007, 04:24 AM
Oops--that's probably something I did when I was playing. Thanks Fruno, we'll get it fixed.

The site is still very much in development out there.

Matt
06-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Okay--any page from the pages you reach from the doors are broken.

Well, I went out and tested these and they all seem fine. Was there a particular door Furno?

Frunobulax
06-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Actually, Monte pointed it out. I just did some more tests on the links.

Frunobulax
06-07-2007, 08:35 AM
News, About Us, The Collector, The Artist, The Comic, Links.

Matt
06-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Hmmm...So to start, its the News link on the second door page (with beach in the background?)

Because that seems to work fine for me

And the links on the bottom seem to work. Did you try clearing your cookies.

alt+f5

Brice
06-07-2007, 09:44 AM
It's a small thing but, I have a question. Is it possible maybe to make it so we can have more than eight smilies in a post? If not or if it's undesirable that's cool. I just thought I'd ask.

Matt
06-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Wow!!

More than 8 Brice? :lol:

Planning a party?

Frunobulax
06-07-2007, 09:58 AM
I did try clearing cookies, and still nothing.
http://www.thedarktower.org/news/
Here's the News page that fails.

Matt
06-07-2007, 10:01 AM
That is so weird because I click on that link and it works fine.

I will keep looking into it though.

Anyone else having this problem?

Brice
06-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow!!

More than 8 Brice? :lol:

Planning a party?

Nah, I just noticed it when using the nested quotes. It's not really a big deal though. I can just go back and edit out smilies out of the quoted posts.

Matt
06-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Ahhh...nested quotes, that is a really good thing to bring up because if there are over two in say...4, then that would be a problem.

I should probably set the setting up a bit.

Brice
06-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Thank You! :D

Patrick
06-11-2007, 03:51 PM
When writing a post, I get logged off the site if I don't type it out superfast and hit post. This has been going on since the beginning. Help, Matt!

(This doesn't happen if I simply have the site open, only when I am in "post" mode.)

Matt
06-11-2007, 03:59 PM
hmmm...the site does have an auto log out time limit on it Patrick, I think it defaulted at 10 mins. But I am not sure, let me do some research on it and get back to you. :D

Patrick
06-11-2007, 04:55 PM
hmmm...the site does have an auto log out time limit on it Patrick, I think it defaulted at 10 mins. But I am not sure, let me do some research on it and get back to you. :D

Maybe it is the autologout thingamajig. Thanks, Matt. :)

Telynn
06-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Does the site look different to anyone else? The tan coloring is only in spots, and the rest of the page is white. I tried hitting refresh and it still looks weird..... is it just me?:unsure:

Matt
06-12-2007, 05:06 PM
There is a little "top right" broken image in the upper right hand corner that is broken.

I was trying to fix it and screwed the board up for a minute. If you hit ctrl+f5, it should be okay :D

MonteGss
06-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Is that Ctrl+f5 on a PC?
The site still looks different for me. I'm a Mac user!

Matt
06-12-2007, 05:15 PM
hmmm...its whatever mac uses to clear the cookies. I am sure it is an option under your settings.

I had no idea it would do that or I wouldn't have messed with it. :lol:

sarajean
06-12-2007, 05:19 PM
that didn't work for me, either.

Erin
06-12-2007, 05:36 PM
I cleared my cookies and the site still looks all crazy to me as well.

Matt
06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
I'm sorry you guys, what do you mean by "crazy"? The only problem I can see right now is that the buttons marked "forum tools" do not have the black gradient background. :D

Erin
06-12-2007, 06:07 PM
There are white blocks all over the screen where big patches of color are missing. It is making it quite hard to read the threads. Hang on a sec, I'll get a screenshot so you can see.

Odetta
06-12-2007, 06:07 PM
the color is all off... it's mostly white rather than tan

Matt
06-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Well dang you guys, I made one tiny little change and as soon as I switched it back, the screen looked fine for me.

Shit!! Its an internet explorer thing, looks fine on firefox. I will fix it you guys, sorry about this :(

Erin
06-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, it looks a bit better now than it did. Here's what I got:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/MidWorldGirl/screenshot.jpg

Erin
06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
And now it works! Yay Matt! You're awesome! :wub:

Matt
06-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Ahhh

<<big sigh of relief>>

Looks good now I hope? :unsure:

Odetta
06-12-2007, 06:19 PM
it's normal now...

Telynn
06-12-2007, 07:38 PM
:thumbsup:

Daghain
06-12-2007, 09:39 PM
Is that Ctrl+f5 on a PC?

I love you. :)

PS Use Firefox.

Randall Flagg
06-13-2007, 06:03 AM
In had the same thing last night for a while.
I called it the Google look.
All is better now.

Matt
06-13-2007, 06:10 AM
I saw that second PM and realized what we were talking about :lol:

Frunobulax
06-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Is that Ctrl+f5 on a PC?

I love you. :)

PS Use Firefox.

Firefox is your new Internet God.

And I'm a devoted Mac user for professional and personal use....I do have two PCs though for additional audio programs and one that now has Ubuntu on it. Where the hell's my love Dag?!? :P

Daghain
06-13-2007, 09:59 AM
You get total love Fruno, especially since you have Macs and Ubuntu!

MonteGss
06-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Firefox, shmirefox.

Daghain
06-13-2007, 10:05 AM
Jealous? :)

MonteGss
06-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Nope. Not even close.

Daghain
06-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't believe you. :D

Frunobulax
06-13-2007, 10:09 AM
You stuck in the Age of Safari? Or did you get Camino?

Ruki
06-14-2007, 07:50 PM
just looked up camino to see what the hell you were talking about. looks awesome :) i need a mac.

ZoNeSeeK
06-14-2007, 11:13 PM
I honestly dont mind IE7 at all (use it at work) or Firefox, from a normal user point of view they have pretty much the same functioning. Firefox is a little more resistant to malware but thats mainly because IE's market share draws more security attacks. If/When mozilla becomes the majority browser developer, the security of their products will draw more attacks aswell. Developers may prefer one browser over another depending on what kind of web apps they're into.

Microsoft has its share of flaws in its software but honestly I think the majority of complaints about microsoft software are bandwagon and big-fish whinging rather than actual genuine software problems. The percentage of problems in microsoft products contrasted with the utterly massive amount of software distribution is probably in line or lower than other major software companies. They piss me off when they change a process in office or something (like Office 07 - what a fucking headache) for efficiency purposes, but its more inconvenient to have to relearn than sloppy developing. And hey, even though Bill Gates is one rich motherfucker and his company is nicely monopolising the platform and browser market, he gives billions to charity so he's probably not a bad dude.

Frunobulax
06-14-2007, 11:39 PM
just looked up camino to see what the hell you were talking about. looks awesome :) i need a mac.
I have Camino installed and use it when Firefox is updating. I really like it--sleek, fast, and not too bad on the eyes.

David
06-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I know that there's something on this board that works similar to "View Online List" but for the life of me, I can't remember what it's called and where it is.

Help!

She-Oy
06-23-2007, 04:56 PM
I know that there's something on this board that works similar to "View Online List" but for the life of me, I can't remember what it's called and where it is.

Help!

Muhahahahahahaha! You don't knowwwww, and I dooooo oooo. I bet it's killin' ya aint it? :rofl:

David
06-23-2007, 05:22 PM
Oh, you are meeeean!

She-Oy
06-23-2007, 05:45 PM
08:42 PM David Viewing Index
Palaver--Forum Home

David
06-23-2007, 05:46 PM
Asshat :P

EDIT: Found it!

Quick Links>Who's Online