PDA

View Full Version : Technical questions about the site

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

fernandito
03-17-2015, 08:08 AM
When I opened the site I was like

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/28/289bc35909ca89d1c416585076ae9149e0ee10ce81593b381a 65d620f769401d.jpg

Randall Flagg
03-17-2015, 08:08 AM
I suppose you folks don't know what day it is...

Girlystevedave
03-17-2015, 08:09 AM
When I opened the site I was like

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/28/289bc35909ca89d1c416585076ae9149e0ee10ce81593b381a 65d620f769401d.jpg

:lol:

I suppose you folks don't know what day it is...

Tuesday? :cyclops:

Randall Flagg
03-17-2015, 08:20 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/72/8b/e2/728be23462897da4a9437ba97a201d44.jpg

divemaster
03-17-2015, 08:24 AM
Yeah, which would make sense if the site were green or full of shamrocks!

Iwritecode
03-17-2015, 11:51 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/TDT4.JPG

This is interesting. I'm logged in yet not logged in at the same time.

Ben Staad
03-17-2015, 12:36 PM
I see the green...can I keep it?

Randall Flagg
03-17-2015, 12:52 PM
For how long?

RainInSpain
03-17-2015, 12:52 PM
Green looks pretty :)

divemaster
03-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Now I see the green!

Merlin1958
03-17-2015, 03:36 PM
Jerome, never one to rest on his laurels!!! Awesome, dude!!!

Ben Staad
03-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Ha. I like it but it seems to have messed up some of the font. It is gone again for me anyway.

For how long?

Girlystevedave
03-18-2015, 04:53 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/TDT4.JPG

This is interesting. I'm logged in yet not logged in at the same time.

Ooooh. Spoooky.

Jon
03-19-2015, 07:26 PM
I have that feeling some mornings when I awaken. Try cutting back on the brown acid.

herbertwest
04-05-2015, 02:07 AM
Is there something, on the website, that automatically resize some pictures?
Because those I posted in this thread
>>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6425-Bookcases&p=913293&viewfull=1#post913293
are bigger than those I saw, at real size, on my computer. Also, sometimes some pictures are turned and I dont understand why/how

Br!an
04-05-2015, 04:26 AM
Is there something, on the website, that automatically resize some pictures?
Because those I posted in this thread
>>> http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6425-Bookcases&p=913293&viewfull=1#post913293
are bigger than those I saw, at real size, on my computer. Also, sometimes some pictures are turned and I dont understand why/how

The server that stores the picture stores it at its original size and aspect. The website that links to the picture will ofter resize the picture or turn it for display in a browser. If the original wasn't actually resized or turned (just presented that way by the browser) then copying that picture will result in a different size or aspect than expected (that of the original).

You would have to download the image to your computer or to an image website to manipulate the picture, and then upload or link to it in order to control the process.

ps. This site will also reduce an overlarge image file.

herbertwest
04-05-2015, 06:12 AM
Thanks Brian for the reply.
I do host those pictures on my own webserver.
I did first resize pictures before publishing it and one was on the side. I then resized it (something like 80%, same ratio) and then it was on the right side. TO be honnest, it's still not clear to me as for when it is turned and when it is not turned.
And after resizing them, they are shown larger and higher than they actually are.

Also : why the fuck is the forum in an ugly pink theme? Where do I change that??

mkb.redux
04-05-2015, 06:31 AM
My eyes hurt...

Girlystevedave
04-05-2015, 07:26 AM
Yeah, this Easter pink really messes with your eyes.
And your brain. :lol:

Ricky
04-05-2015, 08:29 AM
It looks purple to me. :lol:

ladysai
04-05-2015, 10:46 AM
It looks purple to me. :lol:

Me, too...I love it! :D

jhanic
04-05-2015, 12:54 PM
My eyes! My eyes! :biggrin:

John

Randall Flagg
04-05-2015, 02:36 PM
My eyes! My eyes! :biggrin:

John
Ok. Easter color is gone.
Who's going to complain on Memorial Day?
I know the Brits will bitch July 4th...

jhanic
04-05-2015, 03:00 PM
Thanks, RF! I can see again! :)

John

mae
04-07-2015, 10:52 AM
I liked the pink.... :fairy:

Lookwhoitis
04-07-2015, 11:28 AM
What causes it to post someone's text in a vertical line when they are quoted? Its doesn't happen in all the quotes but having to scroll all rhe wat down on one of those posts is a pain in the butt. Especially when you are on a phone.

Randall Flagg
04-07-2015, 12:06 PM
What causes it to post someone's text in a vertical line when they are quoted? Its doesn't happen in all the quotes but having to scroll all rhe wat down on one of those posts is a pain in the butt. Especially when you are on a phone.
I'll need a bit more info.
Only on a phone?
If on a computer a screen shot would help.

Iwritecode
04-07-2015, 12:49 PM
I would guess it happens when you have numerous posts (within other posts) quoted in a single post on a small screen. There's only so much space.

Br!an
04-22-2015, 05:49 PM
Earlier today The Dark Tower .org went dark.

I find that poetic.

Merlin1958
04-22-2015, 05:53 PM

I find that poetic.

It happened because of another "E" in the Rock N Roll song thread!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Br!an
04-22-2015, 06:27 PM

I find that poetic.

It happened because of another "E" in the Rock N Roll song thread!!!! LOL LOL LOL

LOL

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

LOL

Girlystevedave
04-23-2015, 07:38 AM

I find that poetic.

E does suck. I hate it when I get one and I hate it when I leave one for someone else.

Jon
04-24-2015, 08:07 PM
Hey! ...FUCK "E"!!

Jon
04-24-2015, 08:19 PM

I find that poetic.

Each year about this time I change the light bulb atop the tower that keep planes from hitting it whether the old bulb has burned out or not. This ensures
a fresh bulb atop the tower at all times. This year, after I climbed out and unscrewed the old bulb, the alarm rang on my watch alerting me that it was lunch time. I HAD to climb back down and have lunch...union rules you know. So with a 25 minute climb back down, then an hour for lunch then a 30 minute climb back up...2 minutes to replace the bulb; the tower was dark for nearly two hours.

We regret any inconvenience or mid air collisions this may have caused.

Girlystevedave
04-29-2015, 01:05 PM
Not that I'm pointing fingers, FERNANDO, but the person above you game thread is locked. If it doesn't get fixed soon, I'll be forced to spend my work days doing actual work. Gross. :cyclops:

Jon
04-30-2015, 11:56 PM
Well we certainly cannot have that!!

Jimimck
05-07-2015, 07:26 PM
So looks as though I finally crossed the line, and spent too much time on this site at work. I can no longer access the dt.org server from work lol!

Yay for my iPhone.

Jon
05-07-2015, 08:02 PM
I'll make some calls, Jimimck.

Girlystevedave
05-08-2015, 04:34 AM
So looks as though I finally crossed the line, and spent too much time on this site at work. I can no longer access the dt.org server from work lol!

Yay for my iPhone.

Well, looks like it's time to find a new job. :lol:

Jon
05-09-2015, 06:34 AM
:emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:

herbertwest
05-17-2015, 12:49 PM
Any chance to reopen the following thread, currently in the archives?
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17016-YEARBOOKS

I think that it would be interesting to relaunch it

Randall Flagg
05-17-2015, 04:27 PM
Any chance to reopen the following thread, currently in the archives?
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17016-YEARBOOKS

I think that it would be interesting to relaunch it
That's not a technical question.
Send a PM to the forum manager.

herbertwest
05-18-2015, 08:46 AM
And who are they?
Except if I am wrong, I dont see any sort of list or something?

fernandito
05-18-2015, 08:52 AM
And who are they?
Except if I am wrong, I dont see any sort of list or something?

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of any subforum, you will see a header which reads "Forum Information and Options", and all Moderators of that particular forum will be listed.

In this case I happen to be one of those Mods so I will gladly move it over for you. Any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM!

fernandito
05-18-2015, 08:53 AM
Also, where would you like this moved to?

Randall Flagg
05-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Wherever you deem best.

herbertwest
05-19-2015, 12:24 AM
Also, where would you like this moved to?

In the Calvin's Towers, where there are collectors :)
Thanks !

TCCBodhi
05-22-2015, 06:47 PM
How many posts before I lose the Gunslinger Apprentice label? Just wondering, it isn't important, I'm just bored with it. If I'm close, perhaps I'll spend some more time in the New Member thread welcoming folks than I do. Perhaps I'll spend some more time there if I'm NOT close.

Merlin1958
05-22-2015, 06:52 PM
How many posts before I lose the Gunslinger Apprentice label? Just wondering, it isn't important, I'm just bored with it. If I'm close, perhaps I'll spend some more time in the New Member thread welcoming folks than I do. Perhaps I'll spend some more time there if I'm NOT close.

I think at a certain point you can choose your own, but I am unsure what that point is precisely.

stroppygoblin
05-23-2015, 05:25 AM

I think at a certain point you can choose your own, but I am unsure what that point is precisely.

I think only gold members can choose their own Bill. (And I'm sure that will provoke another discussion :evil:)

Girlystevedave
05-23-2015, 07:30 AM
Does the site look weird for anyone else today? All the text (posts/usernames/sigs/etc) is centered instead of aligning to the left. :orely:

Edit: It's only doing it when I'm viewing on the VB4 default style.

stroppygoblin
05-23-2015, 07:48 AM
All good here

Randall Flagg
05-23-2015, 08:19 AM
Does the site look weird for anyone else today? All the text (posts/usernames/sigs/etc) is centered instead of aligning to the left. :orely:

Edit: It's only doing it when I'm viewing on the VB4 default style.
I believe I just fixed it.

Girlystevedave
05-23-2015, 08:27 AM
I believe you are correct! Thanks, RF.

chucknbuck
05-27-2015, 01:12 PM
No big whoop, but it seems that the arcade leader boards isn't saving anymore. Me just lost my 2000+ snake score... :(

fernandito
05-27-2015, 02:12 PM
Wait... the arcade still works!?

Iwritecode
05-28-2015, 04:31 AM
We have an arcade?

George at C-Springs
05-28-2015, 01:07 PM
How do I use the iTrader? No matter which option I choose from the dropdown it only shows me 14 people; how do you search everyone? I expected to see the list just like on Private Messages where it gives you hits after a few letters. I only just wanted to leave a seller some good feedback.

Randall Flagg
05-28-2015, 01:12 PM
How do I use the iTrader? No matter which option I choose from the dropdown it only shows me 14 people; how do you search everyone? I expected to see the list just like on Private Messages where it gives you hits after a few letters. I only just wanted to leave a seller some good feedback.
It's a bit quirky. Find the seller and look for a recent post. Once at their post, click on the Feedback score underneath their member name, avatar. The at the right side of screen id the leave feedback option.
Or....
use the search field to find the member, then click on the feedback score and follow the previous instructions.

Br!an
05-28-2015, 01:13 PM

If you look at the information in the left panel of every post there is a "Feedback Score:" with a number. If you click the number it takes you to that person's iTrader page. The panel on the top right will say "Submit Feedback For George at C-Springs (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/itrader_feedback.php?u=9719)" or whatever user you click on. You can then submit your report.

George at C-Springs
05-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Yep, that worked ... but definitely not in an obvious user-friendly kind of way! Thx -- G.

Randall Flagg
05-28-2015, 01:31 PM
Yep, that worked ... but definitely not in an obvious user-friendly kind of way! Thx -- G.
It's pretty crappy, but the price is right.

jhanic
08-20-2015, 11:37 AM
This has been happening for a while. I use GreyFolio Black. I use Firefox (the latest update).

Occasionally, when I go to Calvin's Corner, some of the symbols of the sub-forums are green, although no new information has been posted. Also, when new information is posted, the symbol can be either green or red. Is this a glitch in the system or in Firefox?

John

Randall Flagg
08-20-2015, 12:26 PM
This has been happening for a while. I use GreyFolio Black. I use Firefox (the latest update).

Occasionally, when I go to Calvin's Corner, some of the symbols of the sub-forums are green, although no new information has been posted. Also, when new information is posted, the symbol can be either green or red. Is this a glitch in the system or in Firefox?

John

I'm guessing you are referring to Catalog sections. Correct?

jhanic
08-20-2015, 12:36 PM

John

Yes, it mainly has been recently happening with the first two--the Collectibles and the First Editions, but has also happened in the Books About King on occasion.

John

Randall Flagg
08-20-2015, 12:46 PM

John

Yes, it mainly has been recently happening with the first two--the Collectibles and the First Editions, but has also happened in the Books About King on occasion.

John
Those are the wiki sections that are being overhauled. The wiki wants to notify people of every change, no matter how minor.

jhanic
08-21-2015, 11:58 AM

John

John
Those are the wiki sections that are being overhauled. The wiki wants to notify people of every change, no matter how minor.

Okey dokey!

John

amd013
09-23-2015, 06:45 AM
Just curious, there are lots of posts that have pictures that I cant see. It seems mostly from a few members. Also, I think the issue only occurs when using my work computer (regardless of working locally, or vpn'd from home). All I see is a large white space, no frame or anything indicating that there is a broken link or anthing that indicates that something is missing.

An example would be post 10026 in the "Stephen King Collecting Questions" in Calvins Corner. This seems to be very common with posts from Needfulthings.

I'm guessing it is some kind of firewall issue, but what is unique about his posts that is different then most others?

jhanic
09-23-2015, 06:56 AM
It could also be your browser. Do you use the same browser at work as at home? I've had similar problems with Internet Explorer, but not with Firefox.

John

stroppygoblin
09-23-2015, 06:59 AM
Just curious, there are lots of posts that have pictures that I cant see. It seems mostly from a few members. Also, I think the issue only occurs when using my work computer (regardless of working locally, or vpn'd from home). All I see is a large white space, no frame or anything indicating that there is a broken link or anthing that indicates that something is missing.

An example would be post 10026 in the "Stephen King Collecting Questions" in Calvins Corner. This seems to be very common with posts from Needfulthings.

I'm guessing it is some kind of firewall issue, but what is unique about his posts that is different then most others?

Bruce (Needfulthings) uses Imageshack to host his pictures. It would be interesting to see if the other members images that you cannot see are also hosted on imageshack.
It's likely that your corporate network is blocking access to Imageshacks servers (and potentially other similar image hosting sites)

As an aside, all images in the Catalog have been moved and are now hosted on the site itself, so you should have no problems seeing those.

Br!an
09-23-2015, 07:15 AM
He is using imageshack. Here's the link to the photo in 10026. http://imageshack.com/a/img673/8767/3e70Z1.jpg

If it's a firewall blocking imageshack then you shouldn't be able to follow the link either.

If you can see it then it's probably network settings, browser settings or a plug-in.

I also use Firefox and have no problem seeing the images.

Iwritecode
09-23-2015, 08:12 AM

I have similar issues here and on other message boards. I'm sure it's my company's network blocking them. When I try with my phone, I can see the images just fine.

amd013
09-23-2015, 12:10 PM
He is using imageshack. Here's the link to the photo in 10026. http://imageshack.com/a/img673/8767/3e70Z1.jpg

If it's a firewall blocking imageshack then you shouldn't be able to follow the link either.

If you can see it then it's probably network settings, browser settings or a plug-in.

I also use Firefox and have no problem seeing the images.

Thanks Br!an and Stroppygoblin. It is indeed because it is from imageshack. I got a nasty "Access Denied" warning when I clicked on your link.

Thanks,
Mike

jhanic
09-23-2015, 12:11 PM
Mike, I'm just curious. I use Photobucket for my pictures in my Collections thread. Can you see those?

John

amd013
09-23-2015, 12:21 PM
Mike, I'm just curious. I use Photobucket for my pictures in my Collections thread. Can you see those?

John

Hi John,

Yeah, I can see yours fine.

Thanks,
Mike

Jon
09-24-2015, 07:01 PM
Why can I see the below forum and not access it?

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?205-BB-code-and-other-repairs

stroppygoblin
09-24-2015, 11:54 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?205-BB-code-and-other-repairs

It's a special area set up by RF so that we could discuss the changes needed to fix the Catalog entries as well as other site related issues. Trust me you are not missing out on anything!

jsmcmullen92
09-25-2015, 07:16 AM

It's a special area set up by RF so that we could discuss the changes needed to fix the Catalog entries as well as other site related issues. Trust me you are not missing out on anything!

Nothing to see here move along :D

Jon
09-26-2015, 07:47 AM
On my bike and moving...just curious.

Besides. I wouldn't be a member of a club that would have ME as a member! LOL

-G. Marx

ladysai
10-19-2015, 04:00 PM

I think only gold members can choose their own Bill. (And I'm sure that will provoke another discussion :evil:)

I dont believe I am a gold member; so, am I going to be in a purple haze indefinately?

Ive looked all over in the settings and profile areas and cannot find a way to change my member title.

Jon
10-24-2015, 08:45 PM
How is she NOT a gold member??!!??

I mean just by default...grandfather in..or grandmother...not that she is old but...*goes off stammering with foot in mouth.*

Sometimes I think this site is perpetually drunk. I can only use text in my sig. No photos or anime or such... no banners.

Randall Flagg
10-25-2015, 05:27 AM
Sometimes I think this site is perpetually drunk. I can only use text in my sig. No photos or anime or such... no banners.
Photos are allowed in signatures...

Jon
10-26-2015, 08:50 AM
Yes...I know. We have discussed this in the past. A solution for the issue was not found for my particular account.

Randall Flagg
10-26-2015, 03:04 PM
Yes...I know. We have discussed this in the past. A solution for the issue was not found for my particular account.
Then I suppose you will need to go elsewhere to find a "solution".

Merlin1958
10-26-2015, 03:16 PM
Then I suppose you will need to go elsewhere to find a "solution".

Cat-Fight!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Merlin1958
10-26-2015, 03:59 PM
Has anyone noticed the "Donate to keep the site Ad-Free" banner and acted? I believe I am already "in" for a monthly contribution of $10, but I signed up for another $10 per month just to be sure!!! Please show your support for the site as much as you responsibly and financially are able to, folks!!!

We all enjoy this site as a community with all that it offers socially, as an information source, and a way to conduct member to member transactions ofr our beloved books & memorabilia. If we all kick in what we can, $3,000 is a mere drop in the bucket and a small price to pay for this wonderful venue!!!

jhanic
10-26-2015, 04:13 PM
I put in a one-time donation. I tried the monthly donation last year and kept having problems. I'll also donate more regularly.

John

stroppygoblin
10-26-2015, 04:15 PM
I put in a one-time donation. I tried the monthly donation last year and kept having problems. I'll also donate more regularly.

John

ditto, I also had issues with repeat donations so have done a 1 time.

Randall Flagg
10-26-2015, 04:24 PM
One time donations are the best.

If you love the site and come here often, then think of 25 cents a day. That's $91.25 for one year. For some that may be too steep. 10 cents a day is only $36.50.
If the site isn't worth a dime a day to keep ad free, then feel free to not donate.

Merlin1958
10-26-2015, 04:33 PM

John

John

ditto, I also had issues with repeat donations so have done a 1 time.

I'm not sure if my previous recurring donation had issues or not. I didn't bother to check, but I'm cool with a monthly $10 donation and to be sure I also scheduled a one time check of $25 to go out to, El Jefe. I thoroughly enjoy this site and all it offers. Fortunately, I can afford to show my appreciation in this fashion. I'm in no way suggesting that others match my contributions, but if everyone kicks in what they can afford, $3,000 should be easy to achieve. He's not asking for much as highlighted in the above post, IMHO Especially when we stand to gain so much, am I right?

Iwritecode
10-27-2015, 12:50 PM
I'm probably the only one that uses it anymore but the black background is gone again. :(

Randall Flagg
10-28-2015, 12:48 PM
I'm probably the only one that uses it anymore but the black background is gone again. :(
Turned it back on just for you.

Iwritecode
10-28-2015, 01:02 PM
Turned it back on just for you.

Thank you very much. :thumbsup:

Ben Staad
10-28-2015, 03:59 PM
This is probably not an issue with the site however I will ask anyway. Awhile ago I made a switch to Google Chrome and since then I need to log in to the site every time I come back here. This isn't an issue on other sites with passwords. I did select the box to save my login and it never seems to save. No big deal either way.

Merlin1958
10-28-2015, 04:01 PM
This is probably not an issue with the site however I will ask anyway. Awhile ago I made a switch to Google Chrome and since then I need to log in to the site every time I come back here. This isn't an issue on other sites with passwords. I did select the box to save my login and it never seems to save. No big deal either way.

Man, you're quite the PITA, aren't you? LOL J/K LOL

BTW, Tim, how are things? You owe me a PM update I think!! LOL

Dan
10-28-2015, 04:43 PM

I'm no expert, but could it have something to do with saving cookies?

stroppygoblin
10-28-2015, 04:45 PM
I can never save cookies, I always eat the whole box...

Merlin1958
10-28-2015, 04:47 PM

I can never save cookies, I always eat the whole box...

Some one mention "Cookies"? "Christmas Cookies"? Where, when, how much? milk? :panic::panic::panic:

Br!an
10-29-2015, 04:13 AM

When you click the box you are requesting a cookie that will allow the site to recognize you next time without a log in.

Your browser has to be set to allow the cookie. Your other security software must also allow cookies.

You can either figure out what's blocking the cookie and allow it or you can whitelist the site.

Jon
10-30-2015, 06:27 PM
One time donations are the best.

If you love the site and come here often, then think of 25 cents a day. That's $91.25 for one year. For some that may be too steep. 10 cents a day is only $36.50.
If the site isn't worth a dime a day to keep ad free, then feel free to not donate.

Yes!! Well worth it!! Are you saying that you are charge a fee per donation?

BUT!!

Last time I was ready to make several small donations in an attempt to reach $150.00 but the donation button disappeared.

Gerome Jerome, I am a metal head and you have to make it easy for me. I have times when I can offer nothing and times when I can offer more. As an example; I can offer nothing until the 10th of November.

Then I can steal wool from the sheep I...know.

becca69
11-02-2015, 10:39 AM
Question: How do I take out an automatically added link in my signature? When I copied back my info (after my costume change) my signature shows up with a link to some random website and if you hover over it, says it's automatically added. See ASOS below.

Randall Flagg
11-02-2015, 10:45 AM
Resubmit your signature.
What exactly do you want your signature to read.

Randall Flagg
11-02-2015, 10:56 AM
MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM, Subterranean Press - can trade

asos

becca69
11-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Resubmit your signature.

It says what I want it to say but ASOS has an added link (by Viglink) that takes you out to a sponsored website. Not sure how this is happening. I only want it to say ASoS with no link to that wacky site!

I already tried retyping it into my profile and it still has that link.

amd013
11-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Resubmit your signature.

It says what I want it to say but ASOS has an added link (by Viglink) that takes you out to a sponsored website. Not sure how this is happening. I only want it to say ASoS with no link to that wacky site!

I think I have seen it do the same thing when I type eBay. I think something is looking for words associated with websites and changing them into links.

Merlin1958
11-02-2015, 04:09 PM
The time change seems to have shortened the daily outage time span, FWIW :thumbsup:

jsmcmullen92
11-04-2015, 01:34 PM
Resubmit your signature.

Navigate to Settings, My Profile. Scroll down and there a a selection for "Show inserted links:" and Allow Inserted links in my Text: Change both to No and it will not happen. It is the system trying to think it is smart and show what it thinks you are typing about.

becca69
11-04-2015, 02:16 PM
Resubmit your signature.

Navigate to Settings, My Profile. Scroll down and there a a selection for "Show inserted links:" and Allow Inserted links in my Text: Change both to No and it will not happen. It is the system trying to think it is smart and show what it thinks you are typing about.

Thanks. That worked!

Jon
11-05-2015, 11:03 PM
I have to do this with "Shavedsheep.com"

skyofcrack
11-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Getting database error page when clicking on Unread Posts/What's New links and when trying to search.

Bev Vincent
11-06-2015, 09:27 AM
I'm getting database errors when I use things related to search, such as New Posts: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/search.php?do=getnew, but also from the Search function itself.

RainInSpain
11-06-2015, 09:40 AM
Same here - database error when clicking on Unread Posts.

Iwritecode
11-06-2015, 09:58 AM
I'm getting database errors when I use things related to search, such as New Posts: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/search.php?do=getnew, but also from the Search function itself.

Same here. Thought it was just me.

goheat
11-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I'm getting the error too when checking for new items.

Randall Flagg
11-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Looking into it right now.

Randall Flagg
11-06-2015, 12:43 PM
I believe the New Posts issue is resolved.
If there are other issues, please post the link(s) here.
Thanks.

RainInSpain
11-06-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks, Jerome!
Unread Posts link works for me now.

Bev Vincent
11-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Thanks, Jerome!

Go to advanced search and type "revisited" in the search box. Leave the filter at Search All Posts -- another dB error

RainInSpain
11-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Thanks, Jerome!

Go to advanced search and type "revisited" in the search box. Leave the filter at Search All Posts -- another dB error

Yep, confirmed. That still produces an error.

Randall Flagg
11-06-2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks, Jerome!

Yep, confirmed. That still produces an error.

I am working on it. Very quirky. I've tried several other words for searches and there is no problem, but "revisited" sure is.

Randall Flagg
11-06-2015, 01:42 PM
The word "revisited" is a syntax error with Vbulletin.
Strange. If anyone has an idea, let me know.

Bev Vincent
11-06-2015, 01:46 PM
The word "revisited" is a syntax error with Vbulletin.
Strange. If anyone has an idea, let me know.

The funny thing is that you can put it in the general search box at the top of any page and it works just fine!

Mister_Oy
11-19-2015, 12:20 AM
Howdy - I signed up 4 days ago - have made 3 posts in the "Introduce yourself" thread and 3 or 4 in other areas, these other posts are still awaiting moderation and my post count still says 3.

How long does it take to get properly up and running here?

Jon
11-19-2015, 04:20 AM
5 posts or a ritual sacrifice of one's spring lamb.

Br!an
11-19-2015, 04:43 AM
It's spring in the Southern hemisphere. Head on down there, sacrifice your lamb and you're good to go. :wtf:

Mister_Oy
11-19-2015, 05:32 AM
Ok this should be the fifth if you don't count those awaiting moderation.

I'll hang on to the lamb for now :)

Randall Flagg
11-19-2015, 06:12 AM
Ok this should be the fifth if you don't count those awaiting moderation.

I'll hang on to the lamb for now :)
You should be good to go now.

mae
11-19-2015, 06:14 AM
No lambs were harmed in the posting in this thread.

Mister_Oy
11-19-2015, 07:53 AM
Seems so :) w00t

Mister_Oy
11-19-2015, 07:53 AM
No lambs were harmed in the posting in this thread.

I had the mint sauce ready too!

Iwritecode
11-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Why doesn't the insert video button work to embed videos? When I paste a Youtube url into it, it comes out like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QIShmtBdto

The correct way is apparently like this:

[video=youtube;2QIShmtBdto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QIShmtBdto[ / video]

Br!an
11-19-2015, 12:33 PM
YouTube URLs default to their secure server. This site can't handle that protocol.

In order to make the link work on this site you have to delete the "s" from https:// > http://

So https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QIShmtBdto becomes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QIShmtBdto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QIShmtBdto

Iwritecode
11-19-2015, 01:03 PM
Got it. :dance:

herbertwest
11-19-2015, 02:20 PM
I struggle a bit with the SEARCH module.
Let's say for instance that I search, via the Advanced module

search types : posts
keyword : CARRIE
user : jhanic
> Search now.

It brings me to the result page. Here I can see the threads that are related, but how do i access to the exact posts in the thread?

I guess that I could do a search via google :
site:http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/ jhanic carrie
and look at the cache version of the page, but I shouldnt have to.

Did I miss an option or something? I am sure that in the past I was able to see the posts and not the thread, but I cant find it anymore

Bev Vincent
11-20-2015, 03:35 AM
At the top of each Forum page there's a Search Thread option, immediately above the first post:

Thread Tools | Search Thread | Rate This Thread | Display

Br!an
11-20-2015, 04:26 AM
Did I miss an option or something? I am sure that in the past I was able to see the posts and not the thread, but I cant find it anymore

I think something did change.

Click the tab at the top of the frame that says "Search Single Content Type". Scroll down to the bottom of the frame you will find "Show Results as" Select "Posts" instead of "Threads". It will return individual posts now. Now click the "Go" button next to Save Search Preferences. Now when you use the Search Single Content Type search it will default to Posts.

This doesn't change the way that the regular search or multiple content search functions work.

jsmcmullen92
11-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Good to know! I have often wondered about that myself.

herbertwest
11-20-2015, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the feedbacks !

Jon
11-26-2015, 07:52 PM

Click the tab at the top of the frame that says "Search Single Content Type". Scroll down to the bottom of the frame you will find "Show Results as" Select "Posts" instead of "Threads". It will return individual posts now. Now click the "Go" button next to Save Search Preferences. Now when you use the Search Single Content Type search it will default to Posts.

This doesn't change the way that the regular search or multiple content search functions work.

Ah...I remember now.

I remember how it started

I cant remember yesterday

I just remember doing what they told me

Told me
Told me
Told me

Merlin1958
11-26-2015, 08:02 PM

Ah...I remember now.

I remember how it started

I cant remember yesterday

I just remember doing what they told me

Told me
Told me
Told me

The orderlies still allow you to post here, Jon????? LOL

Happy Holiday to you!!!

Jon
11-26-2015, 10:43 PM
Yes... and fine Holidays to you an all of yours!!

Merlin1958
12-07-2015, 11:29 PM
Anyone else finding the site to be a bit "sluggish" lately? Double posts and delayed posting?

jhanic
12-08-2015, 06:27 AM
Actually, since I switched over to Windows 10, the site seems a bit faster. Except around 7pm, that is.

John

Randall Flagg
12-08-2015, 01:29 PM
Actually, since I switched over to Windows 10, the site seems a bit faster. Except around 7pm, that is.

John
We haven't been able to solve the daily outage that occurs from ~23:55 -00:05 GMT (6:55 PM EST-7:05 PM EST). Still trying to fix it.

Jimimck
01-07-2016, 02:24 PM
All posts I view are automatically centered. Is this something i have done inadvertantly or is something weird going on with the site? Viewing on Explorer 8 on work computer....

Randall Flagg
01-07-2016, 02:26 PM
All posts I view are automatically centered. Is this something i have done inadvertantly or is something weird going on with the site? Viewing on Explorer 8 on work computer....
Which "skin" forum view are you using?
Look at bottom left of screen to see drop down box of choices.

jsmcmullen92
01-08-2016, 08:31 AM
Viewing on Explorer 8 on work computer....

Well there is your first problem :)
I'll bring up my emulator and see if I see what you are seeing. I have a feeling it is an IE 8 issue since it cannot render HTML 5.

EDIT:
Just tested it out and seems to be a bug through IE 8 and 9. I do not have an emulator for 10 but everything was fine on IE 11 and up. As for changing the skin, in IE8 I get an error that it cannot locate the library and the list does nothing. In IE 9 I get the same error but if I change it still updates. Went to Default skin everything looks normal. Possible workaround is to use Chrome or Mozilla Firefox if possible. If you can't I really hope you like reading everything centered lol.

Second EDIT:
TO make everything appear normal go to Settings > then General Settings on the left side. Scroll down to Miscellaneous options and change the forum skin there to vB4 Default and then click save. Looks like IE8 needs to be told to save it to the cache and reloaded for the skins to take effect.

Iwritecode
01-08-2016, 09:57 AM
I agree with ditching IE if at all possible.

Jimimck
01-08-2016, 10:52 AM
Thanks team. I'm on my cell phone browser and all is fine now so I'll follow those steps when I'm back at work on Monday morning. Cheers.

Iwritecode
01-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Thought this was fitting.

https://gma.yahoo.com/microsofts-internet-explorer-goes-retirement-143242671--abc-news-topstories.html

I'm testing out a new computer at work for a few days that has Microsoft Edge. It's worked ok so far, but I still prefer Chrome.

Iwritecode
01-12-2016, 08:55 AM
Thought this was fitting. Required reading for anyone that still uses Microsoft Explorer.

https://gma.yahoo.com/microsofts-internet-explorer-goes-retirement-143242671--abc-news-topstories.html

I'm testing out a new computer at work for a few days that has Microsoft Edge. It's worked ok so far, but I still prefer Chrome.

Jon
01-14-2016, 07:21 PM
I am surfing DT.org for the first time through my phone and it seems like the screen is smaller. Why IS that???

Br!an
01-15-2016, 04:44 AM
You just need a smaller computer.

Jon
01-15-2016, 09:52 PM
You just need a smaller computer.

Ah hahhahahaha!!!

Good one Brian!!

Iwritecode
02-18-2016, 06:43 AM
Somebody closed the Walking Dead thread. :frown:

Randall Flagg
02-18-2016, 08:19 AM
Where is the thread?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-18-2016, 08:44 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?11178-The-Walking-Dead-*TV-Spoilers!*

Randall Flagg
02-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Shows open to me. Perhaps another admin helped me out.

bdwyer19
02-22-2016, 06:33 AM
I am no longer getting email updates for new posts. It's been like this for a couple days now. I checked the threads, and I could see that I am still subscribed to several of them.

Randall Flagg
02-22-2016, 06:41 AM
Try unsubscribing, then resubscribing.

bdwyer19
02-22-2016, 07:16 AM
Ok, I did that for a few threads, including this one. Can you reply to this? I'll be able to confirm whether or not I get an email.

jsmcmullen92
02-22-2016, 07:19 AM
Ok, I did that for a few threads, including this one. Can you reply to this? I'll be able to confirm whether or not I get an email.

This is a test for bdwyer19

bdwyer19
02-22-2016, 07:22 AM
Drat! No emails are being sent from any of the threads. I resubscribed to a handful so far over at Calvin's Corner, and even though I've seen new posts, I never got an email.

jsmcmullen92
02-22-2016, 09:13 AM
Drat! No emails are being sent from any of the threads. I resubscribed to a handful so far over at Calvin's Corner, and even though I've seen new posts, I never got an email.
What are they set to? Instantly or daily? And I think for them to send you must be inactive on the site. I have found that while I'm surfing the site I don't get them bit when all my tabs are closed I do. Maybe make sure all your tabs are closed and subscriptions set to instantly.

bdwyer19
02-22-2016, 09:40 AM
All of my subscribed threads are set to Instant Notification. I get emails as soon as along is updated, and when I sign into the site, it resets where I'll get another email when additional post is made. Everything had been working fine until this past weekend, when emails just stopped.

stroppygoblin
02-22-2016, 11:15 AM
All of my subscribed threads are set to Instant Notification. I get emails as soon as along is updated, and when I sign into the site, it resets where I'll get another email when additional post is made. Everything had been working fine until this past weekend, when emails just stopped.

Manually check every thread daily (twice),that's what I do.
It's the only way to be sure that you don't miss one of Bob's witicisms..

Edit: missed smiley emoticon. :)

bdwyer19
02-22-2016, 04:23 PM

I normally check the site anyway, especially for threads I don't subscribe to. Still, it's weird that all of a sudden all emails have just stopped.

jsmcmullen92
02-22-2016, 05:01 PM

I normally check the site anyway, especially for threads I don't subscribe to. Still, it's weird that all of a sudden all emails have just stopped.
Now that I think about it I havent been getting them either. Lol after trying to help you fix yours I realized I didnt get any this weekend or tonight...

RF you see anything weird on your side? Is the site still staying up full time?

Randall Flagg
02-22-2016, 05:43 PM

Now that I think about it I havent been getting them either. Lol after trying to help you fix yours I realized I didnt get any this weekend or tonight...

RF you see anything weird on your side? Is the site still staying up full time?

I see weird stuff (and people) every day on the site.
I can't think of any technical changes I've made since ~ 2 weeks ago. That was the point where that daily outage stopped, but I continued to receive daily notices.

jsmcmullen92
02-22-2016, 05:54 PM
Weird. I wonder why some get then and others don't

Randall Flagg
02-22-2016, 06:03 PM
Weird. I wonder why some get then and others don't
I just subscribed to a thread with instant email notification. It's a popular thread, so as soon as someone posts, I'll know shortly if the feature is working.

bdwyer19
02-23-2016, 04:00 AM
I've tried logging off and back on, unsubscribing and resubscribing... and still not getting any emails. Very strange.

jsmcmullen92
02-23-2016, 05:11 AM
Yeah nothing over here either. Way to go Brian we were all happy and content until you had to go breaking stuff :evil::wtf:

bdwyer19
02-23-2016, 05:14 AM
Hey... It's back!!! I got an email again!! Not sure who did what, but thanks :)

jsmcmullen92
02-23-2016, 06:56 AM
Hey... It's back!!! I got an email again!! Not sure who did what, but thanks :)

Same here! Just got one again. I blame the network :) when in doubt it's always the network's fault.

divemaster
02-23-2016, 01:10 PM
This has happened to me off an on for quite some time. I'll all of a sudden stop getting the e-mails and then a few weeks later they start back up again. I see no rhyme nor reason for it and it's not from me changing any settings on my end. I don't sweat it b/c/ I just log in and pull up all my subscribed threads and everything is up to date there. So the subscriptions don't turn off. Just the notifications. Until they turn themselves back on.

webstar1000
03-09-2016, 04:42 AM
I know GREEN is positive rep.... RED is negative... but what is BLUE?

jsmcmullen92
03-09-2016, 05:05 AM

I only know of three colors. Green +, Red -, and Grey which means + or - rep was given by someone with fewer than so many post which doesn't count for you or against you.
Never seen blue but I may also just be color blind :)

webstar1000
03-09-2016, 05:08 AM

I only know of three colors. Green +, Red -, and Grey which means + or - rep was given by someone with fewer than so many post which doesn't count for you or against you.

Maybe it is grey. Looked blue to me. I had never seen it before. lol

Brian861
03-09-2016, 10:56 AM

I've gotten a few of these of late also, Kris with no ID stated next to the text as who was the one that left it. Maybe a good thing it doesn't count on a few of those post :lol: Was the one I left your green?

webstar1000
03-09-2016, 11:05 AM

I've gotten a few of these of late also, Kris with no ID stated next to the text as who was the one that left it. Maybe a good thing it doesn't count on a few of those post :lol: Was the one I left your green?

Yeah man.. green for sure AND I got a sweet red one from a member too. lol

Brian861
03-09-2016, 11:13 AM
Yeah man.. green for sure AND I got a sweet red one from a member too. lol

Sweet. Means my opinion counts somewhat now FWIW :lol: And come on people!! Who left Kris a RED??!! He's like one of the nicest dudes on here! WTF :onfire:

Jon
03-09-2016, 08:26 PM
There are Green rep. points??!!!???

Brian861
03-09-2016, 10:58 PM
There are Green rep. points??!!!???

bdwyer19
03-21-2016, 11:11 AM
Where do I change my background color? It's orange on my MacBook, but my iPhone changed to gray a couple hours ago. So I'm hoping I can just reset it.

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it and was able to fix the background.

divemaster
03-22-2016, 12:10 PM
I swear, If I had to put up with the Orange motif, I'd have to quit the site. My eyes! My eyes!

Thank goodness we can choose an alternate background.

Randall Flagg
03-22-2016, 12:16 PM
I swear, If I had to put up with the Orange motif, I'd have to quit the site. My eyes! My eyes!

Thank goodness we can choose an alternate background.
You are very fortunate.
Most sites have one color only. I support 4 different "skins".
BTW, the graphics were designed for the "orange" skin which is my personal favorite.

dnemec
03-22-2016, 12:42 PM
Where do I change my background color? It's orange on my MacBook, but my iPhone changed to gray a couple hours ago. So I'm hoping I can just reset it.

Wait, we can change the background color?! Mine has always been yellow. How is this done????????????

EDIT: And found it. I've been looking at this site for 3 years in yellow. Changing it is weird. Of course, now my boyfriend won't automatically know I'm screwing around here since it isn't yellow on my computer anymore...

jhanic
03-22-2016, 12:47 PM

Wait, we can change the background color?! Mine has always been yellow. How is this done????????????

At the bottom of the screen on the left side you'll see a "drop" menu. Just select your color. I always use the GrayFolio-BLACK--it's easiest on my eyes.

John

Br!an
03-22-2016, 02:00 PM

At the bottom of the screen on the left side you'll see a "drop" menu. Just select your color. I always use the GrayFolio-BLACK--it's easiest on my eyes.

John

Me too!

stroppygoblin
03-22-2016, 02:16 PM
+1 on GreyFolio Black

Randall Flagg
03-22-2016, 02:19 PM
+1 on GreyFolio Black

Randall Flagg
03-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Enjoy for a few hours.

jhanic
03-22-2016, 02:27 PM
Not too funny, RF! Please put it back to normal. PLEASE!

John

Girlystevedave
03-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Here I am in panic mode trying to figure out what happened to the color option box, then thought: "Wait a second. I bet I know what's going on here." :lol:

Ricky
03-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Yeah, me too. :lol:

Randall Flagg
03-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Give it a try for 24 hours. It really is a good color scheme.

Girlystevedave
03-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Haha.

I've always wondered...was this color scheme a homage to the look of the old site? :orely:
I remember the color being similar.

Randall Flagg
03-22-2016, 02:43 PM
https://web.archive.org/web/20080214230012/http://www.thedarktower.com/palaver/index.php?

jhanic
03-22-2016, 02:47 PM
What a difference!

John

jhanic
03-22-2016, 02:47 PM
What a difference!

John

stroppygoblin
03-22-2016, 03:35 PM
it's like being in a cloud of mustard gas...

fernandito
03-22-2016, 03:44 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/a9/a99176f17f98d40c567bce80a2707a2090dddb5e93468bca67 3bcc1b69c4ecf8.jpg

https://web.archive.org/web/20080214230012/http://www.thedarktower.com/palaver/index.php?

I miss that scheme so much.

mae
03-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Give it a try for 24 hours. It really is a good color scheme.

I've been using it since day one and I love it. Feels peaceful and at home.

bdwyer19
03-22-2016, 04:00 PM
I've had this skin from the beginning. I like it... but then again, I've never tried a different color.

jhanic
03-22-2016, 05:07 PM
I'll be back when things are back to normal.

John

Girlystevedave
03-22-2016, 06:32 PM
I miss that scheme so much.

Man, seeing it took me back...

Bev Vincent
03-23-2016, 02:41 AM
The white menu items (New PostsPrivate MessagesFAQCalendarArcadeCommunity Forum Actions Quick Links My Mood (none) iTrader) on this colored background are virtually invisible to a colorblind person (like me).

jsmcmullen92
03-23-2016, 04:19 AM
I feel like RF is one of those guys flipping cards on the corner in Vegas trying to get you to pick up their "escorts".
"Here take my theme that I made. You will love it. Just try it for 24 hours... OOOH you looked at me! Here take it!"

Tommy
03-23-2016, 04:21 AM
It'll be good to have the other schemes back. I have to squint with this one. :cry:

Randall Flagg
03-23-2016, 05:07 AM
They are available again.

Girlystevedave
03-23-2016, 05:07 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnxKbirRPWGfyyk/giphy.gif

dnemec
03-23-2016, 05:41 AM
I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind. I knew where the color change button was, but it disappeared! Of course, that was only after looking at the yellow screen for 15 minutes. Guess I'm just used to yellow, but I do like this better!

bdwyer19
03-23-2016, 05:44 AM
I was really used to the Orange skin, but I just changed to the grey/black background, and it is a nice change.

Tommy
03-23-2016, 05:45 AM
Thanks! :clap:

jhanic
03-23-2016, 07:06 AM
Thanks for putting things back to normal, RF! I really appreciate it!

John

bdwyer19
04-05-2016, 06:44 AM
What are the rules regarding positive/negative feedback? I keep on getting the message that I'm not spreading it around enough. How many times or to how many people does it need to be spread to before I can just give someone a little positive rep on the side?

Randall Flagg
04-05-2016, 09:17 AM
What are the rules regarding positive/negative feedback? I keep on getting the message that I'm not spreading it around enough. How many times or to how many people does it need to be spread to before I can just give someone a little positive rep on the side?

The numbers can be changed, but the current settings are:

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit
How many reputation clicks can a user give over each 24 hour period? Administrators are exempt from this limit: 10

Reputation User Spread
How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit: 20

Bev Vincent
04-14-2016, 03:07 AM
The End of Watch Book Tour Dates thread got locked

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19501-Stephen-King-End-of-Watch-Book-Tour-Dates&p=994870#post994870

Jon
04-24-2016, 09:58 PM

Reputation User Spread
How many different users must you give reputation to before you can hit the same person again? Administrators are exempt from this limit: 20

But there aren't even 20 people I like... IRL or online!! My entire life! Total!!

Jon
04-24-2016, 10:03 PM

Reputation User Spread

But there aren't even 20 people I like... IRL or online!! My entire life! Total!!

Wait... are dogs "people?" Then the number is up to 23...if sheep are "people," then the number is up to 4,367.

Brian861
04-24-2016, 10:10 PM
Wait... are dogs "people?" Then the number is up to 23...if sheep are "people," then the number is up to 4,367.

I venture to say that most people are indeed sheep......

Jon
04-24-2016, 10:19 PM
A valid point, my friend.

Brian861
04-24-2016, 10:24 PM
A valid point, my friend.

:thumbsup:

Jon
06-03-2016, 10:15 PM
I seem to have lost a notification of some sort.

Bev Vincent
06-07-2016, 11:17 AM
Locked thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19501-Stephen-King-End-of-Watch-Book-Tour-Dates&p=1004090#post1004090

Bev Vincent
06-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Locked again: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19501-Stephen-King-End-of-Watch-Book-Tour-Dates&p=1004293#post1004293

Randall Flagg
06-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Locked again: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?19501-Stephen-King-End-of-Watch-Book-Tour-Dates&p=1004293#post1004293
That one was likely my fault. Please accept my apology.

Jon
06-09-2016, 06:56 PM
http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae214/denny111/key.jpg

Jon
06-17-2016, 12:00 PM
As to reputation points...I have 9 pips but 5 of them are dark green... the last four are lighter.

Is it that the first five cannot be taken or nullified? ... Even i I sleep with the site owner's wife...or his daughter..or his sheep?

Can the four light ones be taken away?

*cleans his sheep whistle.

Randall Flagg
06-17-2016, 12:11 PM
I think I fixed that problem.
You went from 1172 points to 400.

Jon
06-17-2016, 12:17 PM
Ah... makes sense...I am not that nice of a guy. Tell the missus I said hello...the sheep too.

becca69
06-19-2016, 01:24 PM
I've been having to log in each time I visit the site even when I'm checking remember me. I've not had this happen before... would this be on my end or something with the site?

Joe315
06-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Your browser may not be saving the cookie.

jsmcmullen92
06-20-2016, 04:14 AM
Mine always says that I am not logged in when I hit the home page. Usually I have to go to www.thedarktower.org (it will not be logged in) then when I click forum I will magically be logged in. If I go straight to forum then I will not be logged in until I click a different link. it's weird but works for me, been this way since I joined in 2014

Iwritecode
06-20-2016, 04:37 AM
Mine always says that I am not logged in when I hit the home page. Usually I have to go to www.thedarktower.org (it will not be logged in) then when I click forum I will magically be logged in. If I go straight to forum then I will not be logged in until I click a different link. it's weird but works for me, been this way since I joined in 2014

That's how it works for me too. I've just learned to live with it.

bdwyer19
06-20-2016, 04:45 AM
Same with me... If I'm on my Mac, I log right in. But if I'm using Internet Explorer, I sign in, and then have to click on Calvin's Corner before it recognizes me. Not really a big deal.

jsmcmullen92
06-20-2016, 05:46 AM
My asumption was always that the front page was just and welcome landing page that was considered public therefore it didn't require a Auth request. Once you hit the forum you are looking at things that can require login so it checks for an active session or a remember me checkbox set true.

These are just guesses since I've been working through authentication requests all morning at work.

becca69
06-20-2016, 06:33 AM
Hmmm, well now it's working so I'm not sure what changed. I have a Mac and use Safari.

Girlystevedave
06-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Can someone please open up the Christine discussion thread? I can't post in there. :)

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?3131-Christine-Let-s-Discuss!-*SPOILERS*

Edit: I'm a bit confused. The thread is showing up under Constant Reader Awards section instead of Cara Laughs. ??

St. Troy
06-28-2016, 08:51 AM
Just wondering, do those threads on TDT that end up locked typically end up locked because of disuse? Another forum I've frequented used to lock threads basically just when things got ugly; it used to be great fun to check out the "locked threads" section (they had a section devoted to locked threads). Even if a thread was titled something like "toast - pros and cons," if it was in the locked threads area, it made for great reading.

Girlystevedave
06-28-2016, 08:57 AM
You know, I've rarely seen things get "ugly" around here. (That's not to say it's never happened though :lol: ) I think some threads end up "locked" because they've just not been posted in for a very long time. I think.

Randall Flagg
06-28-2016, 11:34 AM
The threads in the 2009 Constant Reader Award are closed as the contest ended 7 years ago.

Girlystevedave
06-28-2016, 11:39 AM
No, I get that. :lol:

I got thrown off because the shortcut to book discussion on Christine (as listed in Cara Laughs) links me to the Constant Reader Awards thread. I guess there isn't a thread for Christine, unlike the other books. I'll create one after I finish the book cause I'm dying to discuss it. :)

Jon
06-28-2016, 01:04 PM
You know, I've rarely seen things get "ugly" around here. (That's not to say it's never happened though :lol: ) I think some threads end up "locked" because they've just not been posted in for a very long time. I think.

Things get ugly ALL the time, DAMN IT!!! Who do you think you are?.... old hag! http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae214/denny111/smile%20flip_1.gif

mae
06-28-2016, 02:07 PM
Somehow some random threads from Cara Laughs ended up the the 2009 CRA forum. I've moved them back.

Girlystevedave
06-28-2016, 03:23 PM

Things get ugly ALL the time, DAMN IT!!! Who do you think you are?.... old hag! http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae214/denny111/smile%20flip_1.gif

That's it, Jon!!! :lol:

Girlystevedave
06-28-2016, 03:24 PM
Somehow some random threads from Cara Laughs ended up the the 2009 CRA forum. I've moved them back.

Oh, cool! I thought maybe the thread just didn't exist except for a discussion in the CRA. Thanks for fixing it, Pablo!

mae
06-28-2016, 03:31 PM

Oh, cool! I thought maybe the thread just didn't exist except for a discussion in the CRA. Thanks for fixing it, Pablo!

No problem. All those threads linked in the official discussion list stickied in Cara Laughs should work.

Bev Vincent
07-19-2016, 12:15 PM
Locked thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?966-King-Books-Items-Wanted&p=1012634#post1012634