alinda
08-27-2008, 12:49 PM
:thumbsup::rock::thumbsup:

Daghain
08-27-2008, 12:55 PM
You're welcome. And don't ask me how that happens - I have no idea. :lol:

Matt
08-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Has to be local somehow or this place would explode with questions about it.

Daghain
08-27-2008, 01:11 PM
That's what I'm thinking. I've had it happen a time or two, but I think it's related to my work server loading the pages r e a l l y s l o w l y sometimes. Reload and it's gone.

LadyHitchhiker
08-28-2008, 03:40 PM
How do I send a screenshot? I went over to my mom's and their computer is reading the site fine.

I am running off of firefox, and still experiencing the problems but just on this website.

and mine like razz's is missing the black on the sides, and the graphics...

Heather19
08-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Hit printscreen on your keyboard, and then open up the paint program on your computer. Go to edit, then paste, and it should pop up. You can then save the file, and post it as you would a regular image.

Darkthoughts
08-29-2008, 01:58 AM
That won't work for me - I've tried it many times. When I hit edit, the paste option isn't highlighted so I can't click it :(

Jean
08-29-2008, 02:11 AM
That won't work for me - I've tried it many times. When I hit edit, the paste option isn't highlighted so I can't click it :(
try CTRL+V. If you have something copied, it will be pasted. If you don't have anything copied, try hitting CTRL at the same time with PrintScreen, it works with me (don't know why)

Darkthoughts
08-29-2008, 02:32 AM
I tried them all, still nothing :(
Maybe it's something to do with my settings?

ManOfWesternesse
08-29-2008, 02:35 AM
try CTRL+V. If you have something copied, it will be pasted. If you don't have anything copied, try hitting CTRL at the same time with PrintScreen, it works with me (don't know why)

Try it & see, but essentially the CTRL/V is just a keystroke to carry out the same action (ie. Paste). I suspect the option is not there because there's nothing in the clipboard to paste, therefore it's the Copy that's not working.

What are you using (Mac or PC? - (I know nothing about mac's)). What's it look like on your Keyboard (is there a key marked "Prt Sc" or similar?
Try the CTRL + that key as Jean said, or also try ALT + that key (that's designed to copy the active window).

Jean
08-29-2008, 02:36 AM
I tried them all, still nothing
Maybe it's something to do with my settings?
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_unsure.gif
EDITED: I hope what Brian said will work! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

ManOfWesternesse
08-29-2008, 02:39 AM
.....also - try pasting it in eg. Microsoft Word or something - to see if it's Paint that's your problem?

Darkthoughts
08-29-2008, 02:47 AM
My prt sc button doubles as an "insert" button...perhaps I need to press shift to print screen ? :blush:

Darkthoughts
08-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Nope, none of it is working.

I don't have a mac, just a compaq laptop with windows xp.

Jean
08-29-2008, 02:52 AM
My prt sc button doubles as an "insert" button...perhaps I need to press shift to print screen ? :blush:
that may very well be it! In fact, maybe I meant SHIFT when I said CTRL, I remember what I push only with my paws, not eyes. My own PrintScreen doubles as SysRq (must be System Requirements, or something equally obscure. I might never know.)

ManOfWesternesse
08-29-2008, 02:55 AM

Ah-Ha!!!!!!
Is that a Laptop Lisa?
Can you try Function/PrtScr (ie. the "Fn" key (bottom left?) and the "PrtScr" key together *fingerscrossed*

Darkthoughts
08-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Ohh! Ok...I'm going to try that now!

By the way, thanks you two :huglove:

Jean
08-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Brian, you leave the bear awestruck.

One can't know that much.

In a gangster movie, you would already be killed.

Darkthoughts
08-29-2008, 02:58 AM
WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

Brian, you genius!!!

*runs off to the "Show Your Desktop" thread :excited:

ManOfWesternesse
08-29-2008, 03:04 AM
.....In a gangster movie, you would already be killed.

:lol: At minimum I'll check my bed for any stray horse heads tonight.

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

Brian, you genius!!!

*runs off to the "Show Your Desktop" thread :excited:

Glad it worked Lisa.
& I'm no genius. I happen to have a Laptop right here with the same key layout - except I almost always use it with an external Keyboard attached (I find it easier)

*runs off to the "See other's Desktop's thread"*

Darkthoughts
08-29-2008, 03:06 AM
Excellent, thanks! :huglove: genius :D

Matt
08-29-2008, 06:51 AM
Glad all of that is going well. The laptop thing was key for sure.

Liz--hopefully these tips have helped you. If it looks fine on another computer it is a local setting for sure.

Woofer
08-29-2008, 08:31 PM
{PMS} I notice that the PMS mood is missing too.*

*Note the lack of an end code to the "tag" for PMS on. Believe me, if I could turn it off, it would be off permanently.

http://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/evillaugh.gifhttp://psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/innocentgrin.gif

Randall Flagg
08-30-2008, 05:32 AM
When you get John and Liz all fixed up, will you expalin how a member donates beam bucks to another member?

Take care of Liz and John first.
Jon found out the donate function works.:cool:

Jon
08-30-2008, 10:54 PM
When you get John and Liz all fixed up, will you explain how a member donates beam bucks to another member?

Take care of Liz and John first.
Jon found out the donate function works.:cool:

What a guy what a man what a Mod What a fabulous private pilot!

LadyHitchhiker
08-31-2008, 05:15 AM
Okay so if I use internet explorer I don't have a problem - except for some reason ie crashes all the time which is why I switched to firefox - but I still am having the problems with firefox...

I'll try and send a screenshot...

LadyHitchhiker
08-31-2008, 05:20 AM
C:\My Documents\untitled.bmp

LadyHitchhiker
08-31-2008, 05:21 AM
Okay... still can't get the screenshot on here... when I try to upload it it says "can't accept .bmp files..."

LadyHitchhiker
08-31-2008, 05:23 AM
but I'm getting a newer tower soon... one with 40 gigs rather than 2 gigs... so I'll let you guys know if it's still going on then...

Heather19
08-31-2008, 06:29 AM
I was having a lot of problems with IE constantly quitting on me so I switched over to firefox, but it's working fine on my end.

Liz, try converting the file to a jpeg and see if that works.

Woofer
08-31-2008, 01:42 PM
LadyH, if you're trying to upload to the gallery here, it only accepts .jpg and .png formats. :couple:

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 10:39 AM
hello the ptb. lately i have been getting a phishing warning from ie7 about the site. it seems to happen in select threads when i hit the reply button. here's a screen shot of what i got when i tried to reply to the ebay bs thread.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/phishingwarning.jpg

ETA: i'm sorry about the size. i tried to make it smaller but when i do you can't see the url or the warning. sorry. ::sorrysmiliehere::

Daghain
09-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Okay, I'm missing it. Where is the phishing warning? All I see is a standard reply screen.

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 11:41 AM
see how the website's url is in yellow at the top? and beside it it says "suspicious website"? well, when i clicked on that i got a box that said it was a phishing website. i went to the microsoft site and clicked the button that said you guys were a safe site but because i couldn't check the box that said i was a representative or the owner i don't think they'll pay much attention to me. :(

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 11:49 AM
okay, it's still doing it so here's a screenshot with the box open
(when you click on where it says suspicious website)

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/phishingboxopened.jpg

here's the url when you click on report whether or not this is a phishing website (https://phishingfilter.microsoft.com/feedback.aspx?result=warn&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thedarktower.org%2fpalaver%2f newreply.php%3fdo%3dnewreply%26noquote%3d1%26p%3d2 40616)
but this url only works for the ebay bs game thread.

jhanic
09-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Turtle, you seem to have a lot of tabs open. Does the same occur when you have fewer tabs. I'm only asking this because I sometimes have some troubles when I have more than five or six tabs open at a time.

John

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Turtle, you seem to have a lot of tabs open. Does the same occur when you have fewer tabs. I'm only asking
this because I sometimes have some troubles when I have more than five or six tabs open at a time.

John

wow. you think that's a lot? :) i've had as many as 17 open before. i love tabs! :wub:

anyway, no it doesn't matter if i have one tab or 17 tabs. and it really hates the ebay bs game thread today for
some reason. it's like it chooses a thread to hate and then for the rest of the day (even after clearing the cookies,
the history, the cache, everything) it will mark that thread as evil.

and yes i know. a mac wouldn't do this. :rolleyes:

Matt
09-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Turtlesong: I can't click the link you posted above, it says the following

phishingfilter.microsoft.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for smartscreen.microsoft.com

What I can gather about the message is that you have a program running that specifically tries to evaluate and return information on sites you visit. As with all things, your version could have its settings to be a bit sensitive. I'm not sure about that.

I open the site in Internet Explorer and do not receive a warning. I'll search a bit of information on microsoft to make sure our site is not crossing some kind of threshold. Thanks for the info but I believe its probably just a local add on you have on your copy of IE

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 03:29 PM
i have the phishing filter turned on in ie7 but that's it. maybe it's just something about it not liking me making so many replies? :lol: maybe it thinks i spend too much time here? :)

maybe the server collects information? you know, statistical stuff not personal stuff? i've got the phishing filter set pretty low. and everytime i see the warning i click the link and tell them that no, palaver is not a phishing site. (i have this image of jean sitting on the side of a lake somewhere trying to catch a trout!).

anyway, say sorry that the link didn't work. mayhap it will only work from the computer that generated the warning. so long as the warnings are yellow i won't worry about them. if i get any red ones, i'll let you know. sound cool?

Randall Flagg
09-01-2008, 03:36 PM
This used to happen to me/others on rare occasion and was related to a members Av or signature and the fact it was self hosted on their own personal server...I don't remember exactly, but as soon as we had the member change the Av/Sig hosting, the problem went away. Just a thought.

The Lady of Shadows
09-01-2008, 03:40 PM
This used to happen to me/others on rare occasion and was related to a members Av or signature and the fact it was self hosted on their own personal server...I don't remember exactly, but as soon as we had the member change the Av/Sig hosting, the problem went away. Just a thought.

so maybe somebody in the thread is self-hosting their av or sig? cause mine are both on photobucket. that makes sense. thanks. :)

Randall Flagg
09-01-2008, 03:58 PM

so maybe somebody in the thread is self-hosting their av or sig? cause mine are both on photobucket. that makes sense. thanks. :)
That was the problem before. I seem to recall it was Mike Beck-sadly he hasn't been here in 2 months :( (I could be wrong about the member) but it isn't you yourself, it could be some other member. It was a cumbersome problem to figure it out before (and it wasn't me who was smart enough to do so-perhaps it was Brice who figured it out) and it may not be the problem this time, but I think it is something to consider.

Matt
09-01-2008, 04:46 PM
I remember that!

Thanks Jerome, great place to start. :thumbsup:

Daghain
09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Switch to Firefox. Problem will likely be solved.

Maybe it thinks DTbay is a spoof of eBay?

The Lady of Shadows
09-02-2008, 02:59 PM
i swear to gan i just posted a reply in this thread and now it's disappeared.
"strange things are afoot at the circle k!"

anyway. what i wanted to say was why would it think that dtbay was a spoof of ebay? aren't we talking about the "ebay bs game" thread here? that's the one that's doing it. maybe i've had too many drugs (medicine drugs not the good kind). :(

and how weird is it that daggers is telling me just to switch browsers? did i step into an alternate dimension at some point? brice was ignoring letti, daggers was almost nice to microsoft. . .

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING! :panic:

Matt
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Testing something :pirate:

Matt
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Testing again :clap:

gsvec
09-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Just as FYI, I got that same "pfishing" warning message today. I was NOT on the eBay BS thread, but I can't remember which one it was - maybe Intriguing Auctions? If it happens again, a PROMISE I'll pay closer attention!

Daghain
09-02-2008, 06:59 PM
I still think Microsuck thinks DTbay is a spoof of eBay, and along those lines all things called auction/-bay, etc. would alert it. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Leave a shitload of holes in your software but alert the world to a site that is totally harmless. :lol:

And turtle, I figured if I could at least convert you to open source software, you'd be on the slippery slope to a Mac. :lol:

Randall Flagg
09-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Lately I have been unable to get pictures uploaded to imageshack to work. Photobucket works fine for me.
Can someone else try to upload from http://imageshack.us/ and see if it works for them?

Matt
09-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Testing

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6386/marnold1lv9.jpg

Imageshack has gone and changed something, it looks like the "direct link to image" (which is what you need to put image tags around the URL) is under "advanced linking" now.

Big red message that says not to use it on forums. I think they are really trying to get folks to use an imbedded code so the pics force you back to the site somehow.

Anyway, you can still get to it by clicking on the link at the bottom

Darkthoughts
09-07-2008, 12:54 PM
:lol: Awesome!

LadyHitchhiker
09-15-2008, 06:43 AM
No problems now with my new dark tower... LOL :D (my tower is a dark grey).

Just thought I'd let you guys know!!!

gsvec
09-20-2008, 03:58 PM
How do I get a seller account for DTbay? I clicked on the link and got nada :(

Daghain
09-20-2008, 06:27 PM
I think Matt has to set you up. :)

gsvec
09-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Thankee sai! I'll shoot him a PM. :clap:

Daghain
09-20-2008, 06:36 PM
No worries. :)

taheen74
09-30-2008, 05:59 AM
Yay found what I was looking for. :)

Randall Flagg
10-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Pages are loading painfully slow for me today.
Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Daghain
10-01-2008, 10:18 AM
I wasn't earlier, but I am now. I think it's my work connection, though, because it's not just this site for me. :cry:

jhanic
10-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I haven't noticed any problems today.

John

herbertwest
10-01-2008, 10:39 AM
No probs with me.
Just seeing some spamm threads...

Daghain
10-01-2008, 10:40 AM
LOTS of spam threads. We're on it! *wipes brow*

jhanic
10-01-2008, 10:42 AM
And we ALL appreciate that!

John

Daghain
10-01-2008, 11:09 AM
I think there must be a party at the Korean Internet cafe today. Man!

gsvec
10-01-2008, 03:00 PM
:lol:

herbertwest
10-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Recently there were a lot in the Collecting tutorials forum.
Why there? any idea?

Daghain
10-02-2008, 11:32 AM
I think they're trying to outsmart us. Fat chance. :lol:

Patrick
10-02-2008, 03:31 PM
The Tutorial subforum is one of the worst places to spam because it sticks out like sore thumb there, so it just jumps out for deleting.

Daghain
10-02-2008, 08:45 PM
That and the Towerpedia Artwork Contest thread. I'm the only one that's supposed to be starting threads in there. :lol:

razz
10-05-2008, 04:29 PM
I was wondering if you have a problem with me necroposting. I figured with the number of new members coming in each day, they probably won't be digging through the pages of each forum, so i thought it might be a good idea to revive some buried threads (at least in Gilead or the Individual DT novel threads)

Daghain
10-05-2008, 08:14 PM
You are absolutely invited to revive "dead threads" so long as you have something to add to the conversation. If you're reviving them just to revive them, then I'd say no. :)

Management regularly merges similar threads with so-called "dead threads", so it's not usually an issue.

gsvec
10-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Okay, this is weird. I just posted something in the Castle, and I got a screen that said the following:
Quick Reply
The following errors occurred with your submission
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds.

I checked and my post is there...:panic:

Jon
10-09-2008, 10:43 PM
"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters."

This implies that you quoted someone but didn't make a remark of your own in the post.

"This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds."

This implys that you hit the reply button twice. Your first attempt was posted and the second accidental click came 12 seconds later and activated the 15 second rule, of which you had 3 seconds left.

How they both could have happened at the same time, I am unsure.

Jon
10-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Ok, does the order of the smileys change from forum to forum, or from post to post?

I like this generic one ;:cowboy: as well as this one; :D

On the advanced reply, sometimes I can find one or even both without clicking on "[More]." Sometimes I can find neither until I click on "[More]."

gsvec
10-09-2008, 11:09 PM
"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters."

This implies that you quoted someone but didn't make a remark of your own in the post.

"This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 3 seconds."

This implys that you hit the reply button twice. Your first attempt was posted and the second accidental click came 12 seconds later and activated the 15 second rule, of which you had 3 seconds left.

How they both could have happened at the same time, I am unsure.
I typed a 13 letter response and hit the button once. :| No big deal, just figured I should report it since I hadn't seen it before.

Jon
10-09-2008, 11:25 PM
It puzzles me too. Both showing up seems like a paradox.

jhanic
10-10-2008, 03:54 AM
I've had that message happen to me a few times too. Because I have a tremor in my hands, I sometimes "stutter" on the keyboard, so that I hit a key twice instead of just once. I just assumed that when I got that message that I had hit the enter key more than once.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-10-2008, 04:25 AM
I've had that message happen to me a few times too. Because I have a tremor in my hands, I sometimes "stutter" on the keyboard, so that I hit a key twice instead of just once. I just assumed that when I got that message that I had hit the enter key more than once.

John

I've had it lots of times as well. It's because I'm an idiot and click too often.

The Lady of Shadows
10-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Ok, does the order of the smileys change from forum to forum, or from post to post?

I like this generic one ;:cowboy: as well as this one; :D

On the advanced reply, sometimes I can find one or even both without clicking on "[More]." Sometimes I can find neither until I click on "[More]."

they seem to change randomly. not with every post but maybe every third or fourth post? i don't think there is a real number attached to it. basically the little fuckers are sentient and change whenever the hell they want to. :wtf:

but, to answer your question, yes. they change order. it a post thing, not a forum thing as far as i can tell. :D

Matt
10-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Its a board thing actually. The smiles are set to random

The Lady of Shadows
10-10-2008, 03:20 PM

so, what? you're saying they aren't sentient? oh matt. dear, sweet, naive matt. :wtf:

HanzouNorak
10-10-2008, 05:03 PM
i tried to change my avatar, and the User CP registers that its changed, but my posts still have my old avatar. it might be my computer, if anyone replies, tell me what my avatar is. if its still the Gorn Guy, then theres a problem.

say, along with that, my sig isn't appearing......

razz
10-10-2008, 05:11 PM
i see no sig, and there's this lizardy thing as your av.

gsvec
10-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Did you do a preview of your sig?

Jon
10-10-2008, 10:12 PM

So I wasn't that wasted!!

gsvec
10-11-2008, 06:46 AM

Yeah, Jon, you were.

Matt
10-11-2008, 06:54 AM
I see the lizard guy and no sig.

I checked on the back end and it shows you have no signature.

The Lady of Shadows
10-11-2008, 12:37 PM

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk95/turtlesong/smilies/coffee_spray-1.gif

Randall Flagg
10-11-2008, 01:11 PM
This thread should help with adding a signature:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/wow/misc/paperclip.gif (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?f=7#) Uploading images, and adding a picture to your signature (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=302)

HanzouNorak
10-11-2008, 01:45 PM
yea but the words to the sig aren't in there. the User CP previews all say its there, even though it isn't. speaking of which, my av is supposed to be the Interplay logo

Randall Flagg
10-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I took the liberty of accessing your CP and had no problem changing your avatar, per the ordinary procedure.:thumbsup:

Jon
10-11-2008, 11:48 PM
I sacrificed a goat and drank its blood so the Gods would help you.

HanzouNorak
10-12-2008, 09:51 PM
well, its there now, i dunno what was going on before, unless, are you having some compatibility issues with IE6?

LadyHitchhiker
10-16-2008, 06:31 AM
:pullhair: I'm starting to really like this smilie... even though it looks like a nest on his head..

ksmithcats
11-05-2008, 07:46 AM
Question....

Not that it's a huge deal, but I'm just curious... even though I continue to post, my post count doesn't change. Any reason, or just a glitch? Thanks

Hannah
11-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Posts in the off-topic areas don't count towards your total posts.

Post everywhere else do count. :D

ksmithcats
11-05-2008, 08:45 AM
:doh: I used to be a really bright and interesting woman before the children came

Hannah
11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
That question is asked a lot - there would be no way for you to know unless you saw it somewhere. :D

And I'm sure you're still bright and interesting - it's just that kids sap it from you on a daily basis. It's what they do to me too. :lol:

Odetta
11-06-2008, 10:28 AM
:doh: I used to be a really bright and interesting woman before the children came

they rot the brain functioning thingys in the head part of your body :fairy:

The Lady of Shadows
11-06-2008, 12:30 PM

they rot the brain functioning thingys in the head part of your body :fairy:

which is why you keep adopting them right? :wtf:

Jon
11-09-2008, 05:36 AM
This member;

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/member.php?u=286

Has such a fucked up font and color in their member name it was hard to tell their name.

How was the font and color achieved?

It appears on this page of the casino stats

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/casino.php?do=stats

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/slinger.jpg

Randall Flagg
11-09-2008, 07:18 AM
That is storyslinger. He is on hiatus, and is therefore a "grey". I agree it is a tough font to see.

Matt
11-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Bad choice on my part. :lol:

I was fucking with shit yesterday.

Daghain
11-09-2008, 09:55 AM
See, whenever you let Matt play with the colors/fonts, this is what happens. :lol:

I'm sure he'll fix it soon. :)

Lady_Macbeth
11-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey, I can't seem to find a place where I can edit my signature. I assume it must me somewhere in the user control panel, but all I can find is a place to edit my avatar. Where can I edit my sig??

Daghain
11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
The option to edit your sig is directly under the one to edit your avatar.

You must have five posts before you can do this. Currently you have two. Posts do not count in the off-topic areas.

Three more posts and you will be able to edit your sig. Please see the FAQ before posting a sig...or the sig police might getcha. :lol:

Jon
11-09-2008, 09:37 PM
No real issue...just curious.

The Lady of Shadows
11-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Bad choice on my part. :lol:

I was fucking with shit yesterday.

yeah in between hands of poker perhaps cap'n? :lol: (trips twice in a row my shell!) :P

Jackie
11-09-2008, 10:12 PM
OoO haha, I forgot about that part Mandy, sorry about that ><

Chap
11-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Hile, webslingers. (no not spider-man :P )
I'm new here, so this might be a bit nooby:

I recently posted in this (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2223) thread, and got the message that a moderator must accept the post before it comes visible.

Is that standard procedure in many forum sections? only some threads? or how does it work?

Thankee in advance.
The Chap

Brice
11-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Hile, webslingers. (no not spider-man :P )
I'm new here, so this might be a bit nooby:

I recently posted in this (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2223) thread, and got the message that a moderator must accept the post before it comes visible.

Is that standard procedure in many forum sections? only some threads? or how does it work?

Thankee in advance.
The Chap

Hi! :) Welcome to the site.

The majority of posts are not moderated actively, however due to problems we've had with spammers in the past we have settings that point out certain elements in posts made by new members (I believe it's until you have ten on topic posts). If your post/s have these elements in them (such as certain images or words) the site automatically holds the posts for staff approval/denial. Unfortunately there is a gray area that legitimate nonspam posts can fall into in the process of the site's settings catching the spammers to keep them out of all of our way. I saw your post and it is fine. I'm sure by sometime in the morning (if not sooner)the staff in that area of the site will have approved it. After you have those ten posts (other than in Blue Heaven or The Dixie Pig) you shouldn't encounter that problem anymore at all. I hope this helps some.

Chap
11-11-2008, 12:02 AM
ah, thanks alot Brice, that sure explains it :)

Brice
11-11-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm glad to be able to help. Two more posts and you'll not have to worry about it anymore. :)

Woofer
11-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Is there any reason that my post count would spontaneously decrease by 40? I only noticed because I thought "Woah! I made it over 900!"

Matt
11-17-2008, 09:00 AM
No reason at all. We don't have anything on the site that would make post count go down for any reason. :(

Woofer
11-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Okay. Thankee sai. I wondered if I had done something or if a bunch had been deleted for some reason.

Matt
11-17-2008, 09:27 AM
I went back and checked all the moderation logs for the site over the last few days, it keeps track of any deleted posts.

I did not see any of yours that were deleted. :huglove:

fernandito
11-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Now that she mentioned it, mine went down about 300. :orely:

Matt - End World was cleaned up recently and a lot of threads were moved to Bob Gray's, you don't think that could have caused the post count decrease?

Matt
11-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Nope, not at all.

If we are deleting threads, then that would.

Brice
11-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Nope, not at all.

If we are deleting threads, then that would.

I agree...that's how it should be, but I just moved the Person Above you Game into The Clearing as an experiment. (relax feve; I put it back) Now here's the odd result...my post count jumped UP by about two thousand posts. As soon as it went to the Clearing the site counts those posts. When I put it back my postcount dropped to normal again.

Matt
11-17-2008, 10:07 AM
Well now, that makes sense then.

If we are moving threads from a place that hey count to a place where they don't (or viceversa), then that may affect it.

So post count would drop if a thread is moved into an off topic forum and would increase if a thread was moved from there to one where posts count (like the clearing).

Interesting problem.

Brice
11-17-2008, 10:11 AM
So here's what I think happened: Woofer noticed her postcount before or in between a move and then noticed it after. Does that sound right?

It's not really a problem though if we agree postcounts don't really matter.

Woofer
11-17-2008, 10:16 AM
So here's what I think happened: Woofer noticed her postcount before or in between a move and then noticed it after. Does that sound right?

It's not really a problem though if we agree postcounts don't really matter.

Oh, I understand that, Brice, and I agree completely. I was more concerned that I had posted some things that were inappropriate (or the like) as to why it went down. I notice my post count mainly because I do number games in my head a lot; for example, a post count of 835 would trigger me to think 8-3=5.

Thanks guys! Glad I'm not inadvertently offending.

Brice
11-17-2008, 10:18 AM
You are not. :)

Daghain
11-17-2008, 10:26 AM
That's very interesting. Not surprising, but interesting.

Wow, we could so much fun with that. :evil:

Brice
11-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Mwahahahaha! :evil:

BoogerSnax
11-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Not bad issues, just something noticed.

I see nothing directly related in the FAQ, so I'll ask about it.

Some, but not all, of my posts will be made, but pending mod approval. Are there triggers, or different forums, that make that occur due to low post count?

BoogerSnax
11-20-2008, 07:03 AM
Example:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?p=289129#post289129

I made this thread last night, and the original post popped right up. But a response, made just a few minutes ago, needed approval before it would appear.

Matt
11-20-2008, 07:04 AM
That is correct. We have a bit of a problem with SPAM so members posts are evaluated for a time by an automated system.

It just has to do with posting link, pics, stuff like that.

The staff approves any legitimate posts (which are caught up sometimes) as soon as possible.

Its the lesser of two evils so we don't have horrific SPAM posts all over the site.

BoogerSnax
11-20-2008, 07:09 AM
That is correct. We have a bit of a problem with SPAM so members posts are evaluated for a time by an automated system.

It just has to do with posting link, pics, stuff like that.

The staff approves any legitimate posts (which are caught up sometimes) as soon as possible.

Its the lesser of two evils so we don't have horrific SPAM posts all over the site.

I figured as much, but just wanted to make sure, as it seemed random.

Thanks.

Matt
11-20-2008, 07:13 AM
It is a bit random because of the evaluation (automated)...we didn't just want to mod que all posts from new members. :lol:

I apologize if it is a pain in the ass, I think the eval period mostly stops at 10 posts because SPAMMERS don't have that kind of staying power.

pickle
11-20-2008, 03:14 PM
i am having the same sort of problem, i have more then 5 posts but still cannot set my sig.

Any ideas?

Matt
11-20-2008, 03:19 PM
The computer had not had a chance to change your group Pickle--try it now

alinda
11-20-2008, 03:24 PM
try again,
user CP (top left of screen)
Edit Av & other opions are available.
I am sending you $500 beam bucks
then go to the thread with that name
(use the search tool to find it)
Matt will take care of the rest.
Then you can creat your own
personal member title !:D

pickle
11-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Thank you Matt for your quick responce :panic:

And thank you very much alinda for the donation, very much appreciated.

alinda
11-20-2008, 03:35 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:tzywtJLWQi_WcM:http://www.yourpimpspace.com/userpics/myspace-welcome-signs/i88815217_45579.gif

LadyHitchhiker
11-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah I don't like the whole mod thing... it stopped me from getting on sk's site for over a year :rofl:

But I'm finally there and I still have decided I like this site better :P

herbertwest
11-28-2008, 08:01 AM
I dont recieve any notifications of Private Messages anymore, while it is ticked in my CP details....?

Daghain
11-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Do you have popups blocked in your browser? That might be it.

Matt
11-28-2008, 09:02 AM
That's a good start right there. :thumbsup:

herbertwest
11-28-2008, 02:24 PM
there is a misunderstanding i guess :
a new popup opens itself when i get a new message.

The thing is that i dont recieve anymore emails for notifying me that i got a new private message. The option is still ticked in my profile, i checked in the spamm folder there is nothing...

Am i the only one like this or is it a general thing?

razz
11-28-2008, 02:34 PM
when I sign off, i get a popup that says "undefined". Can you explain what that means?

Matt
11-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Razz--it's a glitch, plain and simple. :D

herbert--I will look into it, some of the major email services are getting very particular about what emails they will allow from message boards so it could be being blocked.

Jon
11-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah I get the same thing Razz.It happened when the new skin was installed. I just live with it.

herbertwest
11-29-2008, 03:36 AM
Razz--it's a glitch, plain and simple. :D

herbert--I will look into it, some of the major email services are getting very particular about what emails they will allow from message boards so it could be being blocked.
ok... it was working few days ago :-(

The Lady of Shadows
11-29-2008, 06:47 PM
oh captain my captain?

just so you know, i'm not getting any email from the site. no notifications of new posts (from subscriptions), no notifications of private messages, nothing. the last one i got came in on friday morning at 2:04 a.m. and it was a forum notification. according to my isp nothing is being bounced by them. just thought i'd let you know.

:cry:

turtlesong

obscurejude
11-29-2008, 06:56 PM
oh captain my captain?

just so you know, i'm not getting any email from the site. no notifications of new posts (from subscriptions), no notifications of private messages, nothing. the last one i got came in on friday morning at 2:04 a.m. and it was a forum notification. according to my isp nothing is being bounced by them. just thought i'd let you know.

turtlesong

That sucks, I sent you a message containing the meaning of life. I guess it didn't go through. If only I had pressed Ctrl S.

gsvec
11-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Add me to the list, too, Matt - no emails for a couple days and nothing in the spam folder. :(

The Lady of Shadows
11-29-2008, 06:59 PM
oh captain my captain?

turtlesong

That sucks, I sent you a message containing the meaning of life. I guess it didn't go through. If only I had pressed Ctrl S.

ctrl s wouldn't have helped. my spam folder automatically deletes messages from nerdy elfs. :wtf:

or whatever the hell that is in your av. :D

obscurejude
11-29-2008, 07:04 PM
oh captain my captain?

turtlesong

ctrl s wouldn't have helped. my spam folder automatically deletes messages from nerdy elfs. :wtf:

That, madame, is from the artwork of the original Zelda II the Adventure of Link booklet.

I'm not ashamed of my love for Hyrule and its constituents. :P

gsvec
11-29-2008, 07:20 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Freak279/Characters%20and%20Professions/02bca0fc836047a5.gif

The Lady of Shadows
11-29-2008, 07:45 PM
<snip>

That, madame, is from the artwork of the original Zelda II the Adventure of Link booklet.

I'm not ashamed of my love for Hyrule and its constituents. :P

oh but you should be, you should be

okay, so i paraphrased yoda - sue me. :P

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Freak279/Characters%20and%20Professions/02bca0fc836047a5.gif

gretchen wtf is that? :lol:

obscurejude
11-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Gretchen, that's from the 3rd Zelda game on the SNES. Zelda II was side to side scrolling madness on the original nintendo. :cool:

http://www.snesclassics.com/history/images/full/zelda2.jpg

gsvec
11-29-2008, 08:21 PM
So sue me. It's Link, isn't it? :lol:

obscurejude
11-29-2008, 08:23 PM
So sue me. It's Link, isn't it? :lol:

That's twice in one thread. Why does everyone want to be sued by me?

Its "a" Link, yes, but "the" Link only appeared once and it was in 1987 in 8 bit glory.

gsvec
11-29-2008, 08:28 PM
Is this the wrong fairy, too? http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Freak279/Characters%20and%20Professions/Legends_of_Zelda_Fairy_by_chunkymcf.gif

The Lady of Shadows
11-29-2008, 08:31 PM
okay ryan you are a huge geek. and i mean that sincerely! :couple:

gretchen that is an awesome fairy. :)

obscurejude
11-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Is this the wrong fairy, too? http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/Freak279/Characters%20and%20Professions/Legends_of_Zelda_Fairy_by_chunkymcf.gif

Yes, that's 8 bits too much. Behold, the shekinah era of gaming:

obscurejude
11-29-2008, 08:37 PM
okay ryan you are a huge geek. and i mean that sincerely! :couple:

That's why I have all the ho's hollerin' :cool:

The Lady of Shadows
11-29-2008, 08:37 PM
an advert for moby games? be careful ryan. the rolandbot will think you're a spammer. :lol:

ho's? did you just say ho's? :rofl:

oh, sorry. *ahem* i'm back under control now. :D

razz
11-29-2008, 08:38 PM
the shekinah era of gaming:

MobyGames.com

how enlightening.

Jean
11-30-2008, 12:28 AM
still on topic, everyone?

Randall Flagg
11-30-2008, 09:16 AM
As I understand the problem, e-mail notifications of PM's and subscribed threads are not being received?

razz
11-30-2008, 09:26 AM
yeah, that's what she said.

Matt
11-30-2008, 09:41 AM
Looks like the site isn't sending them for some reason, I will call support today and try to get it fixed.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. :thumbsup:

razz
11-30-2008, 10:23 AM
well i jus got a notification from the roaming bear project, so I'm getting confuzzled

Matt
11-30-2008, 10:25 AM
Hmmmm...maybe it fixed itself. :rock:

**pets machine**

The Lady of Shadows
11-30-2008, 04:51 PM
still on topic, everyone?

yeah, we wandered didn't we? see what happens when we're left unsupervised? :lol:

As I understand the problem, e-mail notifications of PM's and subscribed threads are not being received?

correct sir.

Hmmmm...maybe it fixed itself. :rock:

**pets machine**

:unsure: oh, matt. dear, dear matt. :P

i still have no emails from the site. it's been three days now. my inbox is lonely. :cry:

gsvec
11-30-2008, 06:16 PM
I still haven't gotten any, either, and there are new postings on threads I've subscribed to. :(

Matt
12-01-2008, 05:17 AM
Looks like it is still a problem. Yesterday was my parents 45th wedding anniversary so I went to see them. I will try and call support about it today from work. :grouphug:

herbertwest
12-01-2008, 09:11 AM
it's not fixed ;-)

dont worry

gsvec
12-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I got mail! I got mail! :excited:

The Lady of Shadows
12-01-2008, 05:34 PM
i got two messages tonight. :)

Matt
12-02-2008, 05:30 AM
I called support yesterday, they said someone but "thedarktowers.com" in our thingy and that was screwing stuff up. Should be fixed now.

The Lady of Shadows
12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
:rock:

i've got palaver mail. lots and lots of palaver mail!

:rock:

my dark tower message board inbox is happy again!

thanks matt! :D

Randall Flagg
12-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Looks like it is still a problem. Yesterday was my parents 45th wedding anniversary so I went to see them. I will try and call support about it today from work. :grouphug:
Can't you prioritize.:P

Daghain
12-03-2008, 09:21 PM
:lol:

Brice
12-04-2008, 06:47 AM
:rofl:

Sorry, mom and dad I know it's your anniversary and a very important day and all, but my website's having problems. :lol: I'm sure you'll understand. :grouphug:

Matt
12-04-2008, 07:14 AM
Yeah, it was a tough call to be sure.

I'll leave work but not ignore my parents anniversary. :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
12-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah, it was a tough call to be sure.

I'll leave work to hookup with dora but not ignore my parents anniversary. :lol:

fixed that post for you matt. :innocent:

The Lady of Shadows
12-04-2008, 05:41 PM
so is the site freaking out on anyone else? i log in and nothing happens but then if i hit refresh i'm logged in.

i go to a forum and read all the posts but then when i leave the forum and go to another forum, the forum i was just in doesn't show any of the posts i have *just* read as being old (it shows them all as new). but again, if i hit refresh everything gets fixed.

i read all the threads then go to the palaver page and it says i have 256 unread messages but when i click unread posts it says i have none. then when i hit the palaver link again all the forums i've just read are lit up again and the read posts are marked unread again.

i've cleared my cookies, my .tmp files, my cache, my history. fuck, i've cleared everything.

is it the server, the site, my computer? what.

pickle
12-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Its not happening to me, Maybe something to do with your cookies, try deleating them.

The Lady of Shadows
12-04-2008, 08:38 PM
ignore it. fucking internet explorer making it's own fucking decisions about shit. :pullhair:

gsvec
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Did you maybe get a recent IE update or something? Tried rebooting?

The Lady of Shadows
12-04-2008, 08:50 PM
update to another program that thought it would be helpful to reset all my fucking ie settings and ie let it. i manually reset everything and now the site is showing up fine again.

god help me once the mac patrol hears of this. :wtf:

herbertwest
12-05-2008, 03:15 AM
use Firefox instead of (crapping) IE ;-)

Kevin
12-05-2008, 03:43 AM
Agreed. It's way less of a hassle.

fernandito
12-05-2008, 03:45 AM
As a former I.E user, I can third that.

Daghain
12-05-2008, 08:38 AM
FIREFOX. You can't go wrong.

IE is crap.

pickle
12-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Firefox is the best by far.

The Lady of Shadows
12-06-2008, 09:17 PM
once again no new emails from palaver. is it tower-wide or just me?

obscurejude
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
My inbox was flooded yesterday when I checked. So far, I haven't experienced this problem.

Hope this is helpful in a paradigm shattering way.*

*didn't use a smiley on purpose.

ManOfWesternesse
12-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Was there a problem with the site?
I couldn't get on for the past hour - though I was ok for all other sites.
(It may have been just something local...)

Matt
12-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Nope, we had a pretty serious downage there Brian. I am going to call our hosting service and see if I can get some answers.

They have been pretty good so I won't drop the hammer too bad.

I think it may have been site wide for them because when I found out about it, I couldn't get to their home page or our webmail.

Hannah
12-12-2008, 07:59 AM
I think we were having server issues for a little while there. It seems to be okay now though. :D

edit: that's why matt's the technical guy. :lol:

Daghain
12-12-2008, 08:22 AM
I think it was global, I couldn't get here or to the site email either. :panic:

obscurejude
12-12-2008, 09:13 AM
The server timed out for me a few times, but nothing substantial.

Unfound One
12-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Alright I've got an issue. Here's my page:

Welcome, Unfound One.
30 Unread Posts since your last visit.
You last visited: Today at 04:20 PM
Your Notifications: 1

Problem is, it says that I have an Unread Profile Visitor Message when I don't.
It showed up last night when somebody *Ryan* edited a visitor message post from 5 minutes previous, and it hasn't gone away since.

Any ideas how to get rid of the notification?

Randall Flagg
12-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Clear your browser. Cookies etc.
Advice only, not for sure.

Unfound One
12-28-2008, 04:54 PM
No luck there... Hmm.

Randall Flagg
12-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Click the check box and delete the message/comment.

Unfound One
12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
There we go! Thanks RF. :)

Jon
01-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Do we have a way to make a "buddy list" for PMs? I know at one time we did not and I have yet to hear otherwise. I am struggling to spell "Gunkslinger" correctly.

turtlex
01-03-2009, 02:40 AM
Hey Jon, you can add them to your CONTACTS.

Also, when you're sending a PM, the address will sort of "auto-populate" with member names that match what you've started typing in. Hope this helps.

Jon
01-05-2009, 04:53 AM

Won't that hurt my eyes???

(Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal!)

Thanks for the info.

turtlex
01-05-2009, 04:55 AM

Won't that hurt my eyes???

(Thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal!)

Thanks for the info.

We may all now refer to Jon as "Shecky" !

:D

Jon
01-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Sheepy?

turtlex
01-05-2009, 05:05 AM
"Shecky" you know, as in comedian Shecky Greene ? Very Las Vegas night club funny.

Oh, you're from Down Under, right?

Well, I assure you - at least one person in the US will get my reference? Where's Brice, I bet he would?

Shecky Greene
http://www.cultvegas.com/art/sheckygreen.jpg

Brice
01-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Actually, he looks familiar, but I didn't get it.

Jon
01-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Yes yes I know. I just thought "Sheepy" was more apropos.

turtlex
01-05-2009, 05:38 AM
Oh, my. I feel so old.

Daghain
01-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Don't. I know who he is, too. :lol:

turtlex
01-05-2009, 02:54 PM
:couple:

Thank goodness !!!

gsvec
01-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Me, too!! :couple:

But then again, I AM old! :lol:

Daghain
01-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Let's just say if you are old enough to remember 70's fashion when it FIRST came out, then you have enough to be embarrassed about. :lol:

Jon
01-06-2009, 12:27 AM
Let's just say if you are old enough to remember 70's fashion when it FIRST came out, then you have enough to be embarrassed about. :lol:

Remember the hairstyles? God...

Room 217 Caretaker
01-09-2009, 07:58 PM
:)

Not sure what happened but it feels good to see the site back up.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

BROWNINGS CHILDE
01-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Is this site running slow for others?

Room 217 Caretaker
01-10-2009, 05:04 AM
Is this site running slow for others?

Not slow for me. Seems to be running fine.

Matt, this thread can be deleted.

Thanks

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

carlosdetweiller
01-10-2009, 05:30 AM
This site always runs a tad slower for me than other sites I visit.

Clacke
01-10-2009, 05:45 AM
This site always runs a tad slower for me than other sites I visit.

I found that as well, but I changed recently from Explorer to Firefox and now the site runs much quicker. Might be a coincidence, but every page loads noticeably faster now.

razz
01-10-2009, 05:47 AM
that's cuz IE sucks!

Nerak
01-10-2009, 05:48 AM
hugs tdt.com.....never go away again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grouphug::grouphug:

Matt
01-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Me and Dora were having a "no kids date night" last night so I'm sorry it was down for a bit.

And yes, IE cannot handle the site the way Firefox can on about 1 million levels.

Randall Flagg
01-10-2009, 07:33 AM
I agree about Firefox. I used IE for yeras, intil recently, and I LOVE Firefox.
I am going to merge this to the tech tread area with a 1 day redirect.

Matt
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Site had another problem today you guys, I was out of town.

I spoke with tech support and told them this many outages is unacceptable, they are going to put it on a senior tech's desk on Monday.

NeedfulKings
01-10-2009, 06:02 PM
I spoke with tech support and told them this many outages is unacceptable, they are going to put it on a senior tech's desk on Monday.

Way to go!!! :shoot::shoot::shoot::evil:

Thanks for looking out for us! :)

razz
01-10-2009, 06:26 PM
are you sure you don't need my services? :)
I can't fix the blackouts but i can make sure the techies keep them from occuring
^_^

Hannah
01-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Aaron called on Friday night about the outage and it was fixed rather quickly, but I agree that this shouldn't be occuring this often when we are paying them every month for it NOT to happen. <_<

Jon
01-10-2009, 11:18 PM
In our user profile; what are "issues?"

In the last two weeks (maybe) when I click on my "All stats" in my profile I see these two, new options.

Find all issues with posts by Jon

Find all issues started by Jon

I click them and get a "no matches" fom the site search.

Matt
01-11-2009, 08:27 AM
It's a board system we don't use Jon. :)

Daghain
01-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Whew! Glad to see we all made it out alive! That was freaky yesterday!

Jon
01-12-2009, 09:19 AM
It's a board system we don't use Jon. :)

Thank you.

Matt, Hannah, Aaron, Dora, have you ever seen an ad in the Admin. panel?

I saw one yesterday ( a site I help my son with) at the bottom it said "click here to order ____ pizza. It took me to the website for ___ pizza's order screen.

I was a bit pissed... on the freakin' Admin. Panel!!!???!!

Matt
01-12-2009, 09:28 AM
I know there is a modification you can put on so that people can order pizza from your site. :lol:

<--hasn't gone that far

Jon
01-12-2009, 09:39 AM
I know there is a modification you can put on so that people can order pizza from your site. :lol:

<--hasn't gone that far

WOW! WHAT AN AGE WE LIVE IN!

Darkthoughts
01-13-2009, 04:18 AM
I'm switching to Firefox today :dance:

Wuducynn
01-13-2009, 08:42 AM

Smart move. That's what I have on my home computer. You just can't beat it.

Darkthoughts
01-13-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm officially Firefox-ed up! It's kinda cool, loads the page a bit weirdly though :unsure:

Wuducynn
01-13-2009, 10:39 AM
You're just sleepy.

Daghain
01-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Shhhh. I installed it at work, because IE sucks that bad. Don't tell IT! :lol:

Darkthoughts
01-13-2009, 02:42 PM
Should I uninstall IE now?

Matt
01-13-2009, 02:48 PM
I just left my IE on but I use it to test board add on's too.

Daghain
01-13-2009, 02:51 PM
I have to keep it at work, but I never had it on my Mac. :D

Heather19
01-13-2009, 05:38 PM

Enjoy, I switched over a couple of months ago because IE was giving me so many problems. I much prefer it and I think once you get used to it you will to.

I did keep IE on my computer because for some reason netflix only has their online viewing thru IE, which is rather irritating.

Wuducynn
01-13-2009, 07:42 PM
Should I uninstall IE now?

You should have done so weeks ago.

Brice
01-13-2009, 08:52 PM
I just left my IE on but I use it to test board add on's too.

I have firefox, IE, Safari, Opera and some others I think. :lol: I mostly use the firefox or safari on the mac and on the home computer I'm forced to use lameass IE. :(

Daghain
01-13-2009, 09:06 PM
I prefer Firefox to Safari at this point. I am, however, totally pissed that Thunderbird did this whole "threaded email" crap which caused me to switch back to Mac Mail.

Seriously, WTF? If they would have at least left a way to turn it off, I would have stuck around. Threaded email pisses me off. :angry:

Brice
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't use my mac mail account at all.

Daghain
01-13-2009, 09:35 PM
No, Mac Mail as in the program that came with the Mac. Not a .mac account. I'm cheap. :lol: