PDA

View Full Version : Technical questions about the site

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Br!an
06-02-2019, 03:17 AM
Whether I am on my desktop or Tapatalk why do subjects/forums get added to my Subscription section automatically? I just want the ones I manually add. HELP! ha! Thanks.

seeking: anything DT related #246
Night Shift Anniversary Ed. (blue skull cover)

Click Settings at the top of the page > click General Settings in the My Settings panel on the left side of the page > under Messaging & Notification you'll see Default Thread Subscription Mode: > click that button and select Do Not Subscribe.

kingfan2323
06-02-2019, 08:40 AM
Thank you so much, Brian. Perfect directions!

Jon
06-19-2019, 07:33 PM
Whether I am on my desktop or Tapatalk why do subjects/forums get added to my Subscription section automatically? I just want the ones I manually add. HELP! ha! Thanks.

Click Settings at the top of the page > click General Settings in the My Settings panel on the left side of the page > under Messaging & Notification you'll see Default Thread Subscription Mode: > click that button and select Do Not Subscribe.

Thanks, Brian and Kingfan2323. For the idiots like me, don't forget to "save settings" at the bottom of the last page.

Jon
07-02-2019, 09:01 PM
When I refresh a given page, for a brief moment, where a person's avatar is, a paragraph appears with some sort of description on that member. Often it is a sentence repeated. The ones I have been able to read have been positive.

Randall Flagg
07-03-2019, 05:31 AM
When I refresh a given page, for a brief moment, where a person's avatar is, a paragraph appears with some sort of description on that member. Often it is a sentence repeated. The ones I have been able to read have been positive.
It's probably a comment about the person's reputation, such as "Jon has much to be proud of".

mae
07-03-2019, 05:45 AM
It's probably a comment about the person's reputation, such as "Jon has much to be proud of".

But does he really? :)

Br!an
07-03-2019, 11:22 AM

Yeah well, Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute.

stroppygoblin
07-06-2019, 10:34 AM

Yeah well, Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute.

Don't we all? :evil:

Jon
07-07-2019, 01:50 PM
I wonder just where "repute" is and how to get beyond it. Does the subway run there? Should I call Uber?

stroppygoblin
07-08-2019, 01:04 AM
I wonder just where "repute" is and how to get beyond it. Does the subway run there? Should I call Uber?

It's in Latvia, near Riga. I dont think the subway goes that far....

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Screenshot_2019-07-08_at_10_02_11.png

Bev Vincent
07-08-2019, 02:46 AM
Locked thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?79-In-Your-Mind-Right-Now-spill-your-beans.&p=1154037#post1154037

mae
07-15-2019, 05:55 PM
Is it just me or are some YouTube thumbnails super low-quality? The trailers posted in the movie tournament thread are all blurry as heck for me.

Randall Flagg
07-16-2019, 05:01 AM
I randomly sampled 4 videos and they all showed in very good quality/resolution.

mae
07-16-2019, 05:06 AM
Not the videos themselves but the thumbnails for them?

Randall Flagg
07-16-2019, 05:21 AM
Thumbnails definitely are low def.

Jon
07-23-2019, 12:27 AM

It's in Latvia, near Riga. I dont think the subway goes that far....

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Screenshot_2019-07-08_at_10_02_11.png

Latvia...home of the dreaded Giant Hog weed (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heracleum_sosnowskyi). EEEeeKKK. I have been reading too much obscure shit!

ICry4Oy
07-23-2019, 09:21 AM
Is it just me or are some YouTube thumbnails super low-quality? The trailers posted in the movie tournament thread are all blurry as heck for me.

Don't see anything wrong with the quality of the thumbnails but I do hate them. Might be just me but every time I click on the "see last post" and the last post contains a YouTube preview, it takes for-fucking-ever to load the page. Then, gods forbid, that someone quotes the preview post it takes even longer to load. Like I said, maybe it is just me. I mostly use my desktop (old people, right?) and IE (even older!).

Jon
07-25-2019, 12:38 AM

Don't see anything wrong with the quality of the thumbnails but I do hate them. Might be just me but every time I click on the "see last post" and the last post contains a YouTube preview, it takes for-fucking-ever to load the page. Then, gods forbid, that someone quotes the preview post it takes even longer to load. Like I said, maybe it is just me. I mostly use my desktop (old people, right?) and IE (even older!).

So... you are YOUNGER than IE???

ICry4Oy
07-25-2019, 07:47 AM

I wish.

Brian861
07-25-2019, 10:11 AM

I'm a desktop kinda guy myself.

Jon
07-26-2019, 07:34 PM

I wish.

Actually, I meant the letters of the English alphabet. IE LOL

Ok...I'l stop the cheeky off topic shit.

Br!an
07-27-2019, 04:03 AM
[QUOTE=mae;1155028]I mostly use my desktop (old people, right?) and IE (even older!).

I hear that IE work really good with an AOL account. :wtf:

kingfan2323
07-27-2019, 08:47 AM
Anyone figure out how you can completely block a thread so it never shows up in "UNREAD". Not just marking them as READ each time they appear but never showing up at all. I use Tapatalk .

Thx!

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L

fernandito
07-29-2019, 09:40 AM
Anyone figure out how you can completely block a thread so it never shows up in "UNREAD". Not just marking them as READ each time they appear but never showing up at all. I use Tapatalk .

Thx!

On the main Forum page, if you double click an icon you essentially Mark As Read every thread in that particular sub forum. This is a great tool to weed out stuff not relevant to you.

kingfan2323
07-29-2019, 11:29 AM

Thx!

On the main Forum page, if you double click an icon you essentially Mark As Read every thread in that particular sub forum. This is a great tool to weed out stuff not relevant to you.Thank you so much for replying. This on Tapatalk? Which icon are you referring to? If screen shots would help that would be great. Thx

Randall Flagg
07-29-2019, 12:58 PM
Click on Forums at the top of every page. As you scroll down, you will see different icons for each section. The technical section has the Help Button. Calvin's Corner has the book with King's big head on the cover. If the icon is in color, it means there are unread posts in it. If it's black and white, everything has been read.
A simple double click on the icon marks all threads as having been read.

I haven't used tapatalk in so long, I'm not sure if the view is the same.

fernandito
07-29-2019, 01:52 PM
I can verify that it doesn't work on a Tablet-browser, it just zooms into the page a little.

Randall Flagg
07-29-2019, 02:23 PM
You can always go to the forum itself, then under forum tools select mark forum as read.

kingfan2323
07-29-2019, 02:35 PM
Click on Forums at the top of every page. As you scroll down, you will see different icons for each section. The technical section has the Help Button. Calvin's Corner has the book with King's big head on the cover. If the icon is in color, it means there are unread posts in it. If it's black and white, everything has been read.
A simple double click on the icon marks all threads as having been read.

I haven't used tapatalk in so long, I'm not sure if the view is the same.Asking in here incase anyone else wants to know. Cant find some threads in "forums"
But from "new posts" they have them. Icon- Brown box with addition sign. Pic attached. Will what you are suggesting make sure you never get that thread in your "unread posts" again (what I'm looking for) or just clear the unread? https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190729/1c8359649b4de0eb82ca2851e7ceaa9e.jpg

Randall Flagg
07-29-2019, 03:55 PM
Double clicking will only clear the posts up until the double click. Any new posts will "revive" the thread.

Randall Flagg
07-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Well, if nothing else, I cancelled the notice requesting donations for the site.

kingfan2323
07-29-2019, 05:13 PM
Double clicking will only clear the posts up until the double click. Any new posts will "revive" the thread.That's what I thought. Thank you so much for helping me out though.

Bev Vincent
07-30-2019, 03:17 AM
Accidentally locked thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1308-General-Television-Discussion&p=1157656

stroppygoblin
07-30-2019, 03:26 AM
Accidentally locked thread: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1308-General-Television-Discussion&p=1157656

re-opened :thumbsup:

mae
08-06-2019, 04:29 AM

Looks like YouTube fixed whatever issues they had cause thumbnails are back to being HD quality. You can see it in the trailers used for the movie tournament polls.

ICry4Oy
08-21-2019, 06:04 AM
Does anyone else get a strange blank box on the left of their screen when they log in? The pic is from IE11. When I use Edge it is a little square with an X in it.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/WhatISthat.jpg

I added the arrow and comment so it is easily seen.

Randall Flagg
08-21-2019, 07:17 AM
Just tried it using Edge, and no box.

ICry4Oy
08-21-2019, 05:18 PM
Oh well, I guess I'm special! :cool: Thanks!

mae
09-14-2019, 08:32 AM
Just curious, but how large can one single post be? As in how much text? The reason I'm asking is my first post here: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?22144-The-Great-Movie-Tournament-Overall-Event-Overview The idea is to keep updating this post for each part of the tournament (hiding each finished round or part of the tournament under spoilers, so only the current stuff is at the top), but if I actually manage to do this and finish this (with all of y'all's assistance and voting, of course), would the forum support eleven tournaments worth of links?

Randall Flagg
09-14-2019, 12:05 PM
I'm not aware of any restrictions on post text length.

M_O_O_N
09-15-2019, 04:15 PM
I have just registered to this site and now when using the "What's New" button the web page only shows Word Association 11:32AM by Rjeso as the newest post. I logged out and the page shows the newest post including my "introduce yourself" post. I logged back in again and back to the 11:32AM post again.

I've cleared the cookies, shutdown and cold rebooted. Still no change.

Using Windows 7 home 64-bit, Firefox 69.0

Suggestions?

Randall Flagg
09-15-2019, 06:32 PM
That may have changed now that you have 5 posts.
Try and advise.

M_O_O_N
09-15-2019, 06:59 PM
Appears to now be working as intended.

Jon
09-17-2019, 10:40 PM
"What's New ?"

We have a new MOON!

jsmcmullen92
11-01-2019, 09:52 AM
Yo J when you gonna update the trailer on the front page to the Dr Sleep one?

Randall Flagg
11-01-2019, 10:33 AM
That's stroppygoblin ' s expertise

Randall Flagg
11-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Thanks to stroppygoblin for updating the main page.

Sai Sheb
11-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Any idea why I "may not add attachments"
Wanted to upload some pics but cant!

Br!an
11-02-2019, 02:00 PM

There is a security issue with attachments on this version of vBulletin.

You can link pics with an URL or upload the pic to The Dark Tower gallery and link from there.

Sai Sheb
11-02-2019, 11:43 PM

You can link pics with an URL or upload the pic to The Dark Tower gallery and link from there.

Thank Bri, ill try looking at the gallery.

Br!an
11-03-2019, 05:17 AM

Thank Bri, ill try looking at the gallery.

This previous post might help. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21634-New-Menu&p=1116226&viewfull=1#post1116226)

becca69
11-04-2019, 10:44 AM
Regarding the Gallery, is there a quick link to a member's personal gallery? Or can a link be added to their homepage?

Randall Flagg
11-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Regarding the Gallery, is there a quick link to a member's personal gallery? Or can a link be added to their homepage?
You could post the link in your signature.

Br!an
11-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Suntup thread is locked.

Bev Vincent
11-11-2019, 04:14 AM
The Suntup Press thread is locked for some reason.

WeDealInLead
11-14-2019, 06:25 AM
How do I figure out what's my password? I'm always logged in and when I tried logging in on a different computer, I couldn't remember the password.

stroppygoblin
11-14-2019, 08:12 AM
How do I figure out what's my password? I'm always logged in and when I tried logging in on a different computer, I couldn't remember the password.

You cant. Your password is encrypted at point of creation and even Admins cant see it. You could change your password in the settings, but to do that you must know your existing password....

The only other option is for an admin to reset your password for you to something new and you can then change it yourself to whatever you want it to be.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-14-2019, 08:12 AM

Your password is "letmein"

WeDealInLead
11-14-2019, 08:39 AM

You cant. Your password is encrypted at point of creation and even Admins cant see it. You could change your password in the settings, but to do that you must know your existing password....

The only other option is for an admin to reset your password for you to something new and you can then change it yourself to whatever you want it to be.

I'm okay with that.

stroppygoblin
11-14-2019, 08:40 AM

I'm okay with that.

PM Me if you want me to make that change

WeDealInLead
11-14-2019, 08:49 AM
That was easy. Thanks.

stroppygoblin
11-14-2019, 08:54 AM
That was easy. Thanks.

:thumbsup:

becca69
11-26-2019, 06:27 AM
HELP!!! My awesome mustard yellow skin is gone and I can't seem to get it back. I'm stuck with this boring gray :panic: This is not my TDT!

webstar1000
11-26-2019, 06:29 AM
HELP!!! My awesome mustard yellow skin is gone and I can't seem to get it back. I'm stuck with this boring gray :panic: This is not my TDT!

This was done by RF and in honor of the members family members who passed Becca.

Iwritecode
11-26-2019, 06:31 AM

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?7050-Random-Comments-Stream-of-Consciousness-Thread&p=1174429&viewfull=1#post1174429

I didn't notice a change because I keep the site on grey all the time. That horrible yellow color hurts my eyes.

becca69
11-26-2019, 06:36 AM
Thanks guys, I just read the thread. I saw Patrick's but hadn't seen George's message.

Randall Flagg
11-26-2019, 08:37 AM
Things will return to normal on Thanksgiving Day.

kingfan2323
12-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Can someone help me regarding how to do a "spoiler" tab?

I use Tapatalk

Thx

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House #'ed, RB Gift,
Dead Zone 1st/1st

stroppygoblin
12-03-2019, 01:53 PM

I use Tapatalk

Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Tapatalk only has a very small selection of tags (or BBCodes as they are also known), unfortunately Spoiler tags are not available. You can however directly type the tags in manually. There are two types of spoiler tag, a simple one which just hides whats between the tags and one that does the same but gives it a 'title'. I would suggest the first as being the simplest to use from Tapatalk.

To use the simple option, prefix the text you want to hide by typing the tag [ SPOILER] including the square brackets and then at the end of your text add the code [ /SPOILER]

If you want your hidden text to have a title then type the tag like this: [ SPOIL="Your title goes here"] Your hidden text goes here...[ /SPOIL]

(dont put any spaces in the tags - I had to do this so you could read it)

kingfan2323
12-04-2019, 11:57 PM
Spoiler test.

this is a boring spoiler because it is just a test.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

kingfan2323
12-05-2019, 02:25 AM

I use Tapatalk

Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Tapatalk only has a very small selection of tags (or BBCodes as they are also known), unfortunately Spoiler tags are not available. You can however directly type the tags in manually. There are two types of spoiler tag, a simple one which just hides whats between the tags and one that does the same but gives it a 'title'. I would suggest the first as being the simplest to use from Tapatalk.

To use the simple option, prefix the text you want to hide by typing the tag [ SPOILER] including the square brackets and then at the end of your text add the code [ /SPOILER]

If you want your hidden text to have a title then type the tag like this: [ SPOIL="Your title goes here"] Your hidden text goes here...[ /SPOIL]

(dont put any spaces in the tags - I had to do this so you could read it)Thanks for the help, Sir. Anyway to do spoiler tag with a pic on Tapatalk? Thought I would ask on here in case anyone else is wondering. Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Br!an
12-05-2019, 04:24 AM

I use Tapatalk

Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

(dont put any spaces in the tags - I had to do this so you could read it)Thanks for the help, Sir. Anyway to do spoiler tag with a pic on Tapatalk? Thought I would ask on here in case anyone else is wondering. Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

[ SPOILER][ IMG]The URL of your image goes here.[ /IMG][ /SPOILER]

Randall Flagg
12-05-2019, 09:10 AM
We need a volunteer to create a new post describing how to post images and videos in a post. The one we have is outdated, and the images are missing.

Br!an
12-05-2019, 10:37 AM
We need a volunteer to create a new post describing how to post images and videos in a post. The one we have is outdated, and the images are missing.

Something like this?

There are two ways to post photos.

Either upload the photo to a web site that hosts photos and link to the photo by clicking the http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/editor/insertimage.png icon. Write or paste the image URL in the box an click OK.

Or you can upload to the site server in the Gallery.

To upload to the site server: Click Gallery. From the upper right of the menu on top of the new page click Upload Photos. Click the Browse button. Navigate to the photo on your hard drive and select it. Click Open. Wait for the photo to upload. When it's complete you will be taken back to your gallery.

You have three picture posting options. You can post the thumbnail, the medium sized image below the thumbnail, or you can click on the medium sized image and another window will open with a full sized image. Right click the image you want. Select Copy Image Location, then click the http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/editor/insertimage.png button in the thread you want and paste the image location in the box. Click OK.

To post a video click the http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/editor/video.png icon. Type or paste video URL. Delete the s from https if present. Click OK.

(I can refine it and make it more detailed if needed.)

Randall Flagg
12-05-2019, 10:52 AM
Excellent. If you felt like doing screen shots, great, but if not, it is very helpful.

kingfan2323
12-05-2019, 02:41 PM

I use Tapatalk

Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Dead Zone 1st/1st

[ SPOILER][ IMG]The URL of your image goes here.[ /IMG][ /SPOILER]Thank you to both of you!

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Br!an
12-05-2019, 02:44 PM
Excellent. If you felt like doing screen shots, great, but if not, it is very helpful.

I see the post with the broken links.

It's a bit more comprehensive than mine. I'll post what I have to start and improve it as time allows. At some point you'll be able to archive the old post.

kingfan2323
12-05-2019, 06:23 PM

I use Tapatalk

Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Dead Zone 1st/1st

[ SPOILER][ IMG]The URL of your image goes here.[ /IMG][ /SPOILER]And If I do not use URL? Can I just select pics from my phone on Tapatalk with a spoiler tag?

Dead Zone 1st/1st

stroppygoblin
12-05-2019, 06:27 PM
And If I do not use URL? Can I just select pics from my phone on Tapatalk with a spoiler tag

No. The image must be hosted somewhere. Either here on the site or another image host

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingfan2323
12-05-2019, 06:52 PM
And If I do not use URL? Can I just select pics from my phone on Tapatalk with a spoiler tag?

Dead Zone 1st/1st

No. The image must be hosted somewhere. Either here on the site or another image host

Thanks again, Good Sir.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

jsmcmullen92
12-06-2019, 03:23 PM
And If I do not use URL? Can I just select pics from my phone on Tapatalk with a spoiler tag?

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Thanks again, Good Sir.

Dead Zone 1st/1stWith Tapatalk you can select images from your phone and just upload them without needing to upload to the sight or a server (it uses tapatalks I believe) but you can't then put them in spoilers. There is a reason I only post photos from my phone now as I find it very cumbersome to upload photos before I can use them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

stroppygoblin
12-06-2019, 03:42 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191206/74ea16fc1662fb93a57395a81c8500cf.jpg

stroppygoblin
12-06-2019, 03:43 PM
Wow. That works. I didnít know you could do that.

And it does work with spoilers, you just need to manually add the tags.

jsmcmullen92
12-06-2019, 06:13 PM
Wow. That works. I didnít know you could do that.

And it does work with spoilers, you just need to manually add the tags.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOooh fancy fancy wtg stroppy you might write a how to for that to add to Brian's

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

stroppygoblin
12-06-2019, 06:36 PM
Itís the same as described above. When you add a photo through Tapatalk it will be in [ IMG] tags. Just put the spoiler tags around that.

becca69
12-07-2019, 06:20 AM
Help. There is spam in my collection thread!
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?14115-Book-Collection-Becca69&p=1175492#post1175492

Garrell
12-07-2019, 07:50 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?14115-Book-Collection-Becca69&p=1175492#post1175492

Mine also

Br!an
12-07-2019, 08:15 AM

Mine also

Looks like a bot creating accounts.

Br!an
12-07-2019, 08:47 AM
This looks suspicious...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/member.php?25801-ArkadiyEsons

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/member.php?25802-stacijf16

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/member.php?25804-BorisNicle

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/member.php?25803-Bogdanjew

the list continues to grow.

jhanic
12-07-2019, 05:18 PM
Looks like lots of spam in Sir Boomme's NSFW picture thread.

John

PennyUnwise
12-07-2019, 05:26 PM
At least it's within the theme somewhat...

stroppygoblin
12-07-2019, 05:41 PM
All spam now deleted and offending users banned. Thanks to Ari for stepping in and cleaning up the member collection threads.

If any more pop up, please keep alerting us here.

kingfan2323
12-13-2019, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the great help on spoiler tags.

Any ideas on why I do not get notifications on my subscribed threads, replies to my posts, ect.?

I have the correct boxes checked on the Tapatalk Settings and my android phone app notification settings for Tapatalk are on.

Any fixes? Appreciate it very much. Thx

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Randall Flagg
12-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Deselect all of the subscribed threads, and the notifications you want. Log out of the site, clear your cache (if possible), log back in and re-select all your previous choices.

kingfan2323
12-13-2019, 02:45 PM
Awww. Gotcha. I'll give it a try

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kingfan2323
12-30-2019, 10:17 AM
Deselect all of the subscribed threads, and the notifications you want. Log out of the site, clear your cache (if possible), log back in and re-select all your previous choices.Tried this but did not work. Anyone else have suggestions for my issue of not getting notifications, other than direct messages? I'm using android and Tapatalk app. Much appreciated.

seeking: anything DT#246

Bev Vincent
01-05-2020, 07:28 AM
General Television Discussion thread is locked

stroppygoblin
01-05-2020, 07:30 AM
General Television Discussion thread is locked

Unlocked now.

Randall Flagg
02-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Deselect all of the subscribed threads, and the notifications you want. Log out of the site, clear your cache (if possible), log back in and re-select all your previous choices.Tried this but did not work. Anyone else have suggestions for my issue of not getting notifications, other than direct messages? I'm using android and Tapatalk app. Much appreciated.

seeking: anything DT#246
We upgraded to the latest Tapatalk software. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

Brian861
02-08-2020, 09:58 AM
The "What are you currently reading: Comics" thread is getting hammered with spam.

Br!an
02-22-2020, 05:56 AM
Collecting Questions thread is locked.

Brian861
02-26-2020, 11:40 AM
I'm not longer receiving email notifications for the threads that I'm subscribed to.

bdwyer19
02-26-2020, 11:47 AM
Check your spam folder. My notifications have been going there a lot lately.

Brian861
02-26-2020, 01:10 PM
Check your spam folder. My notifications have been going there a lot lately.

Thanks for reminding me, Brian. I forgot to mention in my post that they aren't going to spam either.

Brian861
02-27-2020, 11:06 AM
I'm not longer receiving email notifications for the threads that I'm subscribed to.

Still not receiving anything via email nor is it going to spam. I understand you're recovering, Jerome so this isn't a priority in the slightest. Thought maybe one of your tech guys could look into it when they have the time.

Br!an
03-01-2020, 01:39 AM
There is spam in the Centipede Press thread.

The system wouldn't let me report the spam. It said I do not have permission.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/spam.png

herbertwest
03-01-2020, 02:41 AM
Same for me !

I wanted to report this : http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21661-The-Centipede-Press-Thread-(Including-CP-Book-by-Book-%96-An-Incomplete-Bibliography)&p=1186535&viewfull=1#post1186535

Br!an
03-05-2020, 11:25 AM
The Everybody Must Get Stoned thread is locked.

mae
03-05-2020, 11:33 AM

Feev must've been under the influence when he made that last post and locked it. All set!

fernandito
03-05-2020, 11:35 AM

Feev must've been under the influence when he made that last post and locked it. All set!

haha, oh how I wish! I'll open it up rn.

TowerofRoses
03-06-2020, 01:47 AM
Hi, i have registered myself and activated my account, yet i can't somehow access my profile at all, it says i don't have permission to access the site. Can someone help me? :(

Br!an
03-06-2020, 03:27 AM
Hi, i have registered myself and activated my account, yet i can't somehow access my profile at all, it says i don't have permission to access the site. Can someone help me? :(

It looks like you are good to go now.

Welcome, TOR!

TowerofRoses
03-06-2020, 05:33 AM

It looks like you are good to go now.

Welcome, TOR!

Thank you very much for the quick help ~ I appreciate it:smile_002:

stroppygoblin
03-06-2020, 07:11 AM
This is strange...

I was on the Suntup thread. I posted a reply.

I then went to Lotuz's collection thread and found... the Suntup thread where SG had posted a reply.

Damn goblins. :evil:

Notice the URLs.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/suntupactual.png

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/lotuzsuntup.png

So - Colour me confused... These are two seperate threads, (albeit both discussing Suntup) I posted a reply to HBJ that on Lotusz's thread. You posted a reply to Kingfan that was in the Suntup thread....

What am I missing here?

Br!an
03-06-2020, 07:25 AM
This is strange...

I was on the Suntup thread. I posted a reply.

I then went to Lotuz's collection thread and found... the Suntup thread where SG had posted a reply.

So - Colour me confused... These are two seperate threads, (albeit both discussing Suntup) I posted a reply to HBJ that on Lotusz's thread. You posted a reply to Kingfan that was in the Suntup thread....

What am I missing here?

Disregard. Senior moment. :doh:

I had multiple tabs open and conflated the two threads somehow. Perhaps because Paul had posted in zelig's thread. :orely:

herbertwest
03-10-2020, 08:28 AM
I had an issue to login earlier, forgot the password. And later noticed I saved it.
If I am not mistaken, there is an issue to reset password as nothing happens.

Try to login with a wrong password. Brings your an error page.
Click on reset.
Nothing happens.

Lurker
03-10-2020, 11:25 AM
Every time I click on a page I get this (I over rode so I could post, but won't again):

https://i.ibb.co/4mK18fF/Reported-Unsafe.jpg

Iwritecode
03-10-2020, 11:32 AM
Every time I click on a page I get this (I over rode so I could post, but won't again):

https://i.ibb.co/4mK18fF/Reported-Unsafe.jpg

I think that's just telling you that the site is http instead of https which is more secure. Unless you are posting any kind of personal or financial information on this website, you're probably fine.

Lurker
03-10-2020, 01:11 PM
Well, I rebooted and I still get everytime I click on a post. Never happened before today...More than a minor annoyance.

Iwritecode
03-10-2020, 01:23 PM
Well, I rebooted and I still get everytime I click on a post. Never happened before today...More than a minor annoyance.

You should be able to click on one of the bottom 2 options. Don't know if that will make it permanent or not.

Chrome and IE started making a concerted effort to inform users which sites aren't using HTTPS.

https://www.wired.com/story/google-chrome-https-not-secure-label/

mae
03-10-2020, 01:27 PM
I wonder how costly it would be or what would need to happen to update our site to HTTPS?

Br!an
03-10-2020, 03:38 PM
I wonder how costly it would be or what would need to happen to update our site to HTTPS?

Simon has been looking into this.

stroppygoblin
03-10-2020, 05:09 PM

Simon has been looking into this.

Yes, I Looked at this a while ago. Basically it comes down to needing to purchase and install (renewable every year) a certificate. The actual change to the site to enable it is quite simple.
It's down to RF to decide whether the expense is worth it.

Lurker
03-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. It seems to be confined to Edge. I am using Explorer right now and no problems. But it still pops up every click on Edge.

Jon
03-11-2020, 09:41 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. It seems to be confined to Edge. I am using Explorer right now and no problems. But it still pops up every click on Edge.

Did you try posting your personal information on the site? Bank account numbers ect? (just kidding. DON'T do this! I am a bad influence!)

Randall Flagg
03-16-2020, 07:46 AM
The "S" in the url is now present.

Br!an
03-16-2020, 09:18 AM
Nice! :thumbsup:

:orely: I still have to remove the "s" to post a video.

mae
03-16-2020, 09:44 AM
We're secure!

stroppygoblin
03-16-2020, 10:08 AM
The "S" in the url is now present.

:clap::dance:

Randall Flagg
03-16-2020, 10:54 AM
Nice! :thumbsup:

:orely: I still have to remove the "s" to post a video.

Videos and pictures are NOT secure, but the threat level is very low.

mae
03-18-2020, 03:21 AM
On Chrome the website works fine but this morning my main browser Pale Moon is giving me this error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.thedarktower.org.

Peer received a valid certificate, but access was denied.

(Error code: SSL_ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED_ALERT)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Chrome does say in the corner "Not Secure" but shows the page at least.

Munnecom
03-26-2020, 01:17 AM
Every time I visit the site, I have to enter my login credentials. This happens on all my devices, despite me hitting ďremember meĒ every time. The problem started a few days ago, but Iíve made no changes to any device settings. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Br!an
03-26-2020, 02:36 AM
Every time I visit the site, I have to enter my login credentials. This happens on all my devices, despite me hitting ďremember meĒ every time. The problem started a few days ago, but Iíve made no changes to any device settings. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Me too on my PC. If I close the browser, I have to log in again. My phone isn't doing that though.

I assumed it was a tracking blocker not allowing a cookie.

Randall Flagg
03-26-2020, 07:46 AM
It does not happen for me using Firefox, Chrome, or my phone. It did happen on Edge, but I haven't played around with permissions on Edge.

Tommy
04-13-2020, 12:14 PM
I can't change my Mood setting for some reason. I click on the Mood I want but nothing happens....

Randall Flagg
04-13-2020, 01:33 PM
Works for me using Firefox, but not Chrome.

Tommy
04-13-2020, 01:58 PM
Works for me using Firefox, but not Chrome.

I'm using Firefox. Maybe I should try Chrome.....

Tommy
04-13-2020, 02:04 PM
Nope, didn't work. Maybe it will correct one day...? No big deal.

Randall Flagg
04-13-2020, 02:48 PM
What mood do you wish?

Tommy
04-13-2020, 03:13 PM
What mood do you wish?

Probably just go back to none.

Randall Flagg
04-13-2020, 03:14 PM
Looks like I can't manually change it, short of taking your account over which would involve password changes etc. I'll continue to research.

Randall Flagg
04-13-2020, 03:20 PM
Possible fix:

You currently view the forum using Take 5 Dark. Temporarily (using Firefox) change your view to Take 5 4.0.8
This is done using the drop down box at the bottom left of your screen.
Once in Take 5 4.0.8 then try to change your mood.

Tommy
04-13-2020, 04:02 PM
That didn't work either. Thanks though....

Br!an
04-13-2020, 04:59 PM
That didn't work either. Thanks though....

Clearing cache and cookies works wonders sometimes.

Tommy
04-14-2020, 07:59 AM
That didn't work either. Oh well, one day it will work itself. One day it will be true, actually....

Brian861
04-17-2020, 10:10 AM
Email notifications are back.

Randall Flagg
04-17-2020, 03:36 PM
Woo Hoo!
Just to be clear, weeks ago I tried everything I could think of to fix the issue with no success. I have no idea (unless stroppygoblin fixed it) why it is now working.

stroppygoblin
04-18-2020, 07:53 AM
much as I'd love to take credit, It wasn't me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_x6QmuJdms

Brian861
04-18-2020, 10:03 AM
:lol: I'd actually thought it was a problem on my end but never got around to contacting my ISP. Just got used to checking my subscribed threads once or twice a day. Very happy it's back!

mae
04-19-2020, 08:10 PM
Apparently passwords expire? I had a message saying my password was something like 890 days old and so it expired. Had to reset it. Strange...

Brian861
04-20-2020, 09:46 AM
Apparently passwords expire? I had a message saying my password was something like 890 days old and so it expired. Had to reset it. Strange...

Haven't seen that yet.

mae
04-20-2020, 10:06 AM
Oh and now I'm green :unsure:

Brian861
04-20-2020, 10:08 AM

Movin' on up. Congrats!

Randall Flagg
04-20-2020, 10:18 AM
You got promoted. Unfortunately the pay is still the same.

Brian861
04-20-2020, 10:21 AM

But, you did get a passkey to the executive lunchroom :)

St. Troy
04-20-2020, 10:24 AM
I had a message saying my password was something like 890 days old...

Max security!

St. Troy
04-20-2020, 10:25 AM

Eat a few saltines, sip some ginger ale, lie down, and give it a few hours.

mae
04-20-2020, 10:43 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/U4b1wJrFHIpWw/giphy.gif

Iwritecode
04-21-2020, 07:06 AM

Whatever mae is getting paid now, you should at least triple it. :wink:

Randall Flagg
04-21-2020, 07:25 AM
0x3=0

Iwritecode
04-21-2020, 09:43 AM
0x3=0

I'm a moderator on another board and I get the exact same salary! :lol:

kingfan2323
04-21-2020, 05:51 PM
Can someone help me regarding how to completely delete a post that I posted on TAPATALK?

Do not see an option and if I try to edit and delete it it makes you keep at least one character si the post remains.

Thx.

Iwritecode
04-22-2020, 06:46 AM
Can someone help me regarding how to completely delete a post that I posted on TAPATALK?

Do not see an option and if I try to edit and delete it it makes you keep at least one character si the post remains.

Thx.

Just edit the post and put "deleted" or something like that.

kingfan2323
04-22-2020, 07:08 AM

Thx.

Just edit the post and put "deleted" or something like that.Anyone know how to completely delete the post?

Iwritecode
04-22-2020, 07:44 AM
On the full website there's and option to delete the post when you click "edit post". Never used the tapatalk version though.

kingfan2323
04-22-2020, 07:50 AM
On the full website there's and option to delete the post when you click "edit post". Never used the tapatalk version though.Yeah. I noticed that on the desktop version. But only really use Tapatalk. Thanks though. Maybe you cannot do it on Tapatalk. Weird.

stroppygoblin
04-22-2020, 01:30 PM

Thx.

Just edit the post and put "deleted" or something like that.Anyone know how to completely delete the post?

PM me the post # and thread. I can delete it for you

Randall Flagg
04-22-2020, 02:37 PM
Already taken care of.:crow burp:

kingfan2323
04-22-2020, 02:38 PM
Already deleted by Jerome. Thanks.

Still would like to know how to simply delete one of my own posts on Tapatalk. Mysteries of the Unknown apparently.

dnemec
04-29-2020, 05:53 PM
Anybody else not receiving email alerts? I haven't gotten any for subscribed threads or for emails in my Inbox. I was still getting them on April 23, but haven't gotten any since.

bdwyer19
04-29-2020, 06:23 PM
Anybody else not receiving email alerts? I haven't gotten any for subscribed threads or for emails in my Inbox. I was still getting them on April 23, but haven't gotten any since.

Check your spam folder. Last week my DT emails were ending up there.

kingfan2323
04-29-2020, 06:52 PM
Anybody else not receiving email alerts? I haven't gotten any for subscribed threads or for emails in my Inbox. I was still getting them on April 23, but haven't gotten any since.Same issue I am having. I'm on Tapatalk. Also Ever since I have been on Tapatalk if I comment on a thread it automatically adds it to my Subscribed even though that option is off.

I emailed Tapatalks extremely slow customer service today

dnemec
04-30-2020, 03:55 AM

Check your spam folder. Last week my DT emails were ending up there.

Yep, All in my junk folder. Weird...

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

bdwyer19
04-30-2020, 04:46 AM
Glad itís fixed. It happens to me 3-4 times a year. I have no idea why!

Merlin1958
04-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Glad itís fixed. It happens to me 3-4 times a year. I have no idea why!

We need some way to keep you on your toes!!! :dance:

Brian861
04-30-2020, 03:35 PM

I didn't receive notifications for about a month in either folder. Then, they magically returned.

I check my junk folder daily in case stuff I want gets sent there. I must be one of the very few who does this.

bdwyer19
04-30-2020, 04:15 PM
If Iím on the laptop I will, because I can see the count of how many are in that folder. Since my phone email app just opens up to my Inbox, I always forget to look.

Brian861
04-30-2020, 06:12 PM
If Iím on the laptop I will, because I can see the count of how many are in that folder. Since my phone email app just opens up to my Inbox, I always forget to look.

Ah, makes sense. I'm old school so all my stuff is done via desktop.

herbertwest
05-01-2020, 09:45 AM
Real questions : wouldnt it be better if links were underlined on this message boards?
This is a web standards, allowing to see what is links / clickable of what is not.

For instance, with this post : https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?9564-King-appearances-interviews-podcasts...&p=1195458&viewfull=1#post1195458
If you dont pay attention, it's kind of difficult to find out there is an actual link

Very subtle, in my opinion, but it can change a bit significantly improve the ux

Randall Flagg
05-01-2020, 10:47 AM
Underline the link/word BEFORE inserting the link.

fernandito
05-01-2020, 11:11 AM
You can also bold and make the link-text slightly bigger to help distinguish it from the rest of the post.

Brian861
05-01-2020, 01:42 PM
You can also bold and make the link-text slightly bigger to help distinguish it from the rest of the post.

Yep. I usually bold so the link sticks out.

Br!an
05-01-2020, 01:43 PM

Yep. I usually bold so the link sticks out.

Me too. (Not that kind.)

herbertwest
05-03-2020, 06:33 AM
I agree, and I tend to try to highlight the fact that the links I put are link. But not everybody does.... making it automatically would help in my opinion.
It could also make it easier to recognise spammer accounts that put random messages, if links, when they are not really visibile (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ).

Anyway, it was just my 2 cent suggestion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hm36xQirK8)

Randall Flagg
05-04-2020, 04:24 PM
I agree, and I tend to try to highlight the fact that the links I put are link. But not everybody does.... making it automatically would help in my opinion.
It could also make it easier to recognise spammer accounts that put random messages, if links, when they are not really visibile (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ).

Anyway, it was just my 2 cent suggestion (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hm36xQirK8)

Your wish is my command (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=Bachmanbookpress%20release)

dnemec
05-04-2020, 06:20 PM

I didn't receive notifications for about a month in either folder. Then, they magically returned.

I check my junk folder daily in case stuff I want gets sent there. I must be one of the very few who does this.

Mine just magically returned too. So weird.

herbertwest
05-05-2020, 01:19 AM

Your wish is my command (http://www.thedarktower.org/?page=Bachmanbookpress%20release)

Thanks !
I personally think that it can only help.
For instance, who noticed that I had link into my post? Or the spammer from the other day?

Br!an
05-07-2020, 01:14 PM
The Collectible Classifieds thread is locked.

Girlystevedave
05-20-2020, 12:14 PM
The "What sets us apart from other King sites" thread won't let you access the last page.

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1145-What-sets-us-apart-from-other-King-fan-sites/page8

Randall Flagg
05-20-2020, 12:20 PM
I show post#191 as the last post. It was made by you.

Girlystevedave
05-20-2020, 12:26 PM
I promise there was a page #9 before now. :lol:

Randall Flagg
05-20-2020, 12:30 PM
I promise there was a page #9 before now. :lol:
There was one shown on the forum. What happened was a spammer posted 50+ times in the thread. When the posts were deleted and the spammer banned, we needed to update counters on the site. I just updated the counters after your post. Now the thread shows the proper number of pages (8).

Technical stuff.

Girlystevedave
05-20-2020, 12:31 PM
mother effing spammers. [shakes fist]

Br!an
05-20-2020, 12:40 PM
http://www.thefatcontroller.co.uk/portfolio/albums/userpics/homer-drool-spam_sandwich.jpg

Randall Flagg
05-20-2020, 04:58 PM
FYI, tonight we will be migrating all of the site info and files to the newly repaired original server. This will begin ~9PM PDT and could take up to 6 hours to complete. During this time, access to the site will be unavailable. Thanks for your patience and continued support of the site.

Jerome

Randall Flagg
05-22-2020, 08:50 AM
Can I contact Administration?
It is about advertisement on your website.
Regards.
We don't allow ads.

Jon
05-30-2020, 12:57 AM
This is just a curiosity thing. Not an issue.

While fooling about in my inbox (Yes. I know. You saw a porn like that once.) I saw this:

"You have 4 confirmed and 0 unconfirmed private message receipts."

Can anyone explain this please? Have I been snubbing people with read receipts?

Randall Flagg
05-30-2020, 09:38 AM
Looks like the 4 messages you received that the sender requested a confirmation, you confirmed.

kingfan2323
06-04-2020, 02:04 PM
Anyway to completely block threads from appearing in my UNREAD section. I use Tapatalk. Thx.

Randall Flagg
06-04-2020, 03:51 PM
Anyway to completely block threads from appearing in my UNREAD section. I use Tapatalk. Thx.

None that I am aware of, but perhaps the Tapatalk experts have the answer.

kingfan2323
06-04-2020, 04:43 PM

None that I am aware of, but perhaps the Tapatalk experts have the answer.Anyone know if this can be done? Thanks a many.

stroppygoblin
06-05-2020, 01:16 AM

None that I am aware of, but perhaps the Tapatalk experts have the answer.Anyone know if this can be done? Thanks a many.

No, this cant be done, not even on the main site. The best option is to go to those threads and mark them all as "Read". It's not a great solution, but if there is something getting a lot of posts that you may not be interested in, its the fastest way to clear your unread list.

NB its only a temp measure as soon as new posts are made in those threads they will be back in your unread list again

Ben Eads
06-09-2020, 09:47 AM
Friends,

I'm not receiving any email notifications from posts or PM's. I checked my settings and everything is configured correctly. Anyone else having this problem? Any insight/help would be deeply appreciated.

Brian861
06-09-2020, 12:31 PM
Friends,

I'm not receiving any email notifications from posts or PM's. I checked my settings and everything is configured correctly. Anyone else having this problem? Any insight/help would be deeply appreciated.

Check your spam if you haven't already. No insight but I had this problem for about two months (nothing in spam) and then it just fixed itself.

Ben Eads
06-09-2020, 07:11 PM
Friends,

Check your spam if you haven't already. No insight but I had this problem for about two months (nothing in spam) and then it just fixed itself.

I feel so stupid. I looked in my spam folder and there they are. Sorry about that. D'oh!

kingfan2323
06-09-2020, 08:43 PM
To those of you who use Tapatalk OR desktop:

When you comment on a thread is it automatically added to your favorites when you have it set not to?

My settings are correct to make sure that it doesn't but it still does.

Thx

Brian861
06-10-2020, 05:33 AM
It does on my desktop but I have it set that way.

Jon
06-13-2020, 12:37 AM

Same with me.

Curly
06-13-2020, 11:29 PM
Watched all these videos. Now I'm tired. Thanks Madelinesok.

kingfan2323
06-14-2020, 03:32 AM

Same with me.Does anyone not have it set that way and topics are added to their favorites when they comment on a thread?

St. Troy
06-25-2020, 05:26 AM
I know it must be right in front of my face (and I've done it before), but where does one go to change "mood"?

stroppygoblin
06-25-2020, 05:51 AM
I know it must be right in front of my face (and I've done it before), but where does one go to change "mood"?

Go to your profile page. Underneath the main site links are another set of menus Mood is near the right between "QuickLinks' and "iTrader"

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Screenshot_2020-06-25_at_14_52_14.png

St. Troy
06-25-2020, 05:56 AM

Go to your profile page. Underneath the main site links are another set of menus Mood is near the right between "QuickLinks' and "iTrader"

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Screenshot_2020-06-25_at_14_52_14.png

Thanks. I knew it was right freaking there.

M_O_O_N
06-25-2020, 08:16 AM

Don't even need to go to the profile page as it is also at the top of every thread, too. Hidden in a white font, no less.

M_O_O_N
06-25-2020, 10:19 AM
I went to read the thread "Book Collection: The Library Policeman" and no pictures are appearing starting at page 77 to the end of the thread while using Win 10, Firefox 77.0.1 (64 bit). No problems while using Google Chrome or my Iphone6. :orely:

All other collection threads do not have this issue. (to my knowledge)

Randall Flagg
06-25-2020, 10:32 AM
On my Windows laptop I am using the same setup as you (Windows 10, Firefox 77.01, Sixty four bit) and I see all of the images on page 77 of the LP collection thread.
Do you see a box where the images should be?

M_O_O_N
06-25-2020, 04:42 PM
No. It is as if the photos images were never uploaded.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/library_policeman.jpg

Randall Flagg
06-25-2020, 04:52 PM
Sorry to say, but I have no answer.
Of course you can clear your cache, check privacy settings, etc.

Hopefully someone else can provide an answer.

kingfan2323
07-08-2020, 05:19 PM

kingfan2323
07-08-2020, 05:21 PM
Can anyone help me with directions for dummys on how to add a spoiler tag for pics on Tapatalk?

Thanks a million

Iwritecode
07-09-2020, 04:34 AM
I don't have/use tapatalk so I don't know if there's a button to do it automatically or not... but I you should be able to type out the tags manually.

[SPOILER] *insert picture here[ / SPOILER] <--- type without spaces.

Iwritecode
07-10-2020, 08:15 AM
It's a small thing, but is it possible to change the code for one of the smilies to something else?

Typing an "8" and then ")" shows this guy: 8)

This sort of plays havoc any time you want to actually display those characters next to each other. Like we do when we put the year in the movie tournaments. Like if something is from 2008 or 2018 or whatever. If we try to put the number in parenthesis, we get the smiley instead.

All the other ones seem to be a word surrounded by 2 colons. Like : thumbsup : :thumbsup:

Just a suggestion.

Br!an
07-10-2020, 08:44 AM
It's a small thing, but is it possible to change the code for one of the smilies to something else?

Typing an "8" and then ")" shows this guy: 8)

This sort of plays havoc any time you want to actually display those characters next to each other. Like we do when we put the year in the movie tournaments. Like if something is from 2008 or 2018 or whatever. If we try to put the number in parenthesis, we get the smiley instead.

All the other ones seem to be a word surrounded by 2 colons. Like : thumbsup : :thumbsup:

Just a suggestion.

I just add a space 8 ) or use brackets 8] as a workaround.

mae
07-10-2020, 08:47 AM
You can also always disable smileys for your post, just click Edit Post, and you'll see the option.

Br!an
07-10-2020, 08:58 AM
That's a good solve, mae.

stroppygoblin
07-10-2020, 04:36 PM
I fixed it. it's now
:sidegrin:

:sidegrin::sidegrin::sidegrin:

kingfan2323
07-10-2020, 04:58 PM
I don't have/use tapatalk so I don't know if there's a button to do it automatically or not... but I you should be able to type out the tags manually.

[SPOILER] *insert picture here[ / SPOILER] <--- type without spaces.

Thank you but how do you "insert pic here" when Tapatalk format is like pic. Where you click on box to add a pic?

Thanks again. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200711/ca9f60418be02cf15d91b3c6f6254600.jpg

Iwritecode
07-13-2020, 07:59 AM
You can also always disable smileys for your post, just click Edit Post, and you'll see the option.

I never knew that was an option. I'll remember that for the future.

I fixed it. it's now
:sidegrin:

:sidegrin::sidegrin::sidegrin:

Very cool. Thanks!

bdwyer19
07-20-2020, 11:08 AM
For the past couple weeks, Iíve only been able to open forum pages if Iím on wifi. As soon as Iím off it, TDT doesnít open. Any other page through Safari works just fine.

Randall Flagg
07-20-2020, 02:02 PM
Meaning when you are accessing through your mobile provider, using data, you can't access the site?
If so, have you tried a different browser?

bdwyer19
07-20-2020, 04:01 PM
Exactly. I have Safari, Google, Chrome, and Tapatalk on my phone. None of them have been able to access TDT lately if Iím using mobile data. But once I connect to WiFi, TDT opens right up.

stroppygoblin
07-20-2020, 04:31 PM
The Ip of the TDT.org site is 170.39.20.72 try entering that when you are on mobile data.If you can access the site via its IP, it means you have a DNS lookup issue on your mobile device.

bdwyer19
07-20-2020, 04:36 PM
That doesnít work Simon. This is what I get - ď This site canít be reached

www.kingsdarktower.orgís server IP address could not be found.
Try:
Checking the connection
ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVEDĒ

Randall Flagg
07-20-2020, 06:49 PM
That is obviously the wrong URL.

We ARE NOT kingsdarktower

No matter what .com .org suffix.

bdwyer19
07-20-2020, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I thought that was odd too.

stroppygoblin
07-21-2020, 01:30 AM
Yeah sry about that It was late my end and I didnt get to update my post after I checked it.

I got the same result, which is a bit odd Jerome. If you use any DNS name resolver from the web, it returns that IP. Clearly something is up with the Hosting record.

bdwyer19
07-21-2020, 04:00 AM
Is that the reason the site only works for me now on WiFi?

stroppygoblin
07-21-2020, 05:18 AM

I dont think so, its just interesting, I'm looking for reasons why you couldn't access it on mobile. The first thing I thought of was DNS resolution issues and hitting the correct IP address would have helped diagnose that.

Randall Flagg
07-21-2020, 07:56 AM
I don't have the issue on my phone. My phone is an Android.

Randall Flagg
07-21-2020, 09:17 AM
I'm looking into the issue. I believe I actually own the domain Kingsdarktower.org

Scoogs
07-22-2020, 10:39 AM
Since I've been having issues with the site in 3 different browsers on my Mac, I also tried on my PC today.
Chrome loaded the site just fine.
Using Microsoft Edge the site loads fine. However, when I navigated through the forums and tried to go into the Random Comments thread, the site was immediately flagged as dangerous and possibly containing phishing scams.
The URL was correct and that PC is clean.

Michael
07-22-2020, 01:20 PM
Please see:

https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?22869-Home-Page-Server-Issue&p=1209276&viewfull=1#post1209276

You can also try the suggested post above by trying to access http://170.39.20.72

I removed the other old domains as to simplify it now.

Brian861
07-23-2020, 02:23 PM
Is the Gallery currently locked or down?

Randall Flagg
07-23-2020, 03:14 PM
Looking into it.

Br!an
07-23-2020, 03:35 PM

I dont think so, its just interesting, I'm looking for reasons why you couldn't access it on mobile. The first thing I thought of was DNS resolution issues and hitting the correct IP address would have helped diagnose that.

My home internet connection went down yesterday, so I didn't have WiFi.

I couldn't connect to thedarktower.org with my cellular data plan. The same as Brian mentioned above.

I assume this is an anti-Brian conspiracy. :wtf:

Brian861
07-23-2020, 04:00 PM

I couldn't connect to thedarktower.org with my cellular data plan. The same as Brian mentioned above.

Gotta be lol. Looks like it's working now.

Br!an
07-23-2020, 04:03 PM

Gotta be lol. Looks like it's working now.

WiFi is back. Data plan still doesn't connect.

Randall Flagg
07-23-2020, 05:30 PM
Is this an Iphone/ Mac issue. Or is it affecting Android/PC users too?

Randall Flagg
07-23-2020, 05:32 PM
Diagnosing DNS issues

Please do the following. Please finish and save results from step 1 to post here before proceeding to step 2.

Step 1: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guid.../mchlp1698/mac (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mchlp1698/mac)

Step 2: https://www.ikream.com/reset-dns-or-...jave-32817/amp (https://www.ikream.com/reset-dns-or-flush-dns-on-apple-mac-that-runs-on-macos-mojave-32817/amp)

Step 3: Repeat step 1 and see if DNS results are now different after completing Step 2.

Please post results from both step 1 and step 3.

Randall Flagg
07-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Gallery should now be accessible.