PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy

ZoNeSeeK
02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
I thought it'd be appropriate to start a seperate thread for the Final Fantasy series, being one of the most popular RPG franchises ever.

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=27604

John Blaze
02-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Dude, you should of put a "which is your fave FF" poll.

Mine's 8, of course.

ZoNeSeeK
02-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Hrm, good idea. Did you guys want any FF related posts from the VG thread moved here?

John Blaze
02-19-2008, 07:12 PM
it doesn't make a difference to me, it'll probably be rehashed anyway.

ZoNeSeeK
02-19-2008, 07:41 PM
JB: You can go ahead and start one - Ive only played a couple of the FF games so wouldn't know which ones are right up there. I can move these posts across, and those from the VG thread after.

John Blaze
02-19-2008, 08:44 PM
i'm at work right now, so I don't really have time. Let someone who knows the games good to come by and do it.

Mattrick
02-19-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm not sure how to start a poll in an existing thread but:

Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III (which is really VI)
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core

I think that about covers them all.

John Blaze
02-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII

since there's only 10 options, I suggest these be the options.

Mattrick
02-19-2008, 11:25 PM
My vote is going for IX...but it may change when i finally get around to completing XII.

John Blaze
02-19-2008, 11:30 PM
The Triple Triad side game itself makes me pick 8

sai blaine
02-19-2008, 11:39 PM
Cam't really say XI cos thats online and in a different leauge, but for me it would have to be a tie between 8 and 10 :P

John Blaze
02-20-2008, 12:22 AM
doesn't 10 have a side game too?

fernandito
02-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Final Fantasy IX is the best game of all time. That's it. And that's that.

:D

Storyslinger
02-20-2008, 07:04 AM
The Triple Triad side game itself makes me pick 8

I'd pick 8 also, with 7 being close behind

Brice
02-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII

Or maybe remove one of those and have an "other" option?

fernandito
02-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Remove X-2!

I'm sure there won't be any objections :D

Storyslinger
02-20-2008, 09:57 AM
X-2 is not a game, but it is the only FF game I beat

fernandito
02-20-2008, 09:59 AM
X-2 is not a game, but it is the only FF game I beat

Do I even need to tell you how sad this makes me?

Storyslinger
02-20-2008, 10:00 AM
It makes me extremly sad.

When it comes to FF games....
I usually put about 50+ hours in and still I can't beat it.

fernandito
02-20-2008, 10:07 AM
That's because they're 60+ hour games! :lol:

Storyslinger
02-20-2008, 10:09 AM
*smacks forehead*

Thats why.

John Blaze
02-20-2008, 03:10 PM
DUH!

Mattrick
02-20-2008, 03:14 PM
I'm about 70 hours into XII and still have about 20 hours to go before I have it all beaten. Between all the side quests and the main quest it's just so time consuming.

FFIX still has some of the most fun side quests and the card game was fun, only game I got all of the cards.

My longest file yet for a FF game is over 100 hours with it completely mastered...level 99, all sidequests done, etc.

Woofer
02-29-2008, 03:45 AM
*Disclaimer: I have never played any other FF game, so I will be woefully uniformed about them.*

FFXI online players? Server? Names?

fernandito
02-29-2008, 05:35 AM
Woofer - I know that there's a member here who logs on and plays FFXI frequently, but I haven't seen him post here in a while. Let me shoot him a PM :)

Mike Beck
02-29-2008, 06:28 AM
i like final fantasy.

7 is my favorite, with 8 right on its heels.

never got around to playing 9, X-2, or XI.

Right now i'm going back and forth with XII. But i've got well over 100 hours on that damn shit. i'm ready start the ending, but i'm trying to do all the mark hunting stuff first. and i just don't want it to be over yet, so i'm prolonging it. :P

VII is the closest to me heart, though. I loved cloud and sephiroth, the world, the music, the highwind, everything with Shinra, and the city of the ancients! bad ass business.

VIII was more amazing in some ways. just the opening with Squall and Seifer is enough to get you into it. and it's a much darker game than the rest. It's like the goth version of a final fantasy game. I thought it was kind of a lame move that they all grew up together at the orphanage, but had forgotten. c'mon, right? But that's a small argument, because the game rocks nards.

Storyslinger
02-29-2008, 07:10 AM
I always thought it would be cool to make all of the FF games into movies. It would be in the same format of FF 7 Advent Children, but instead of an afterword type of effect, it would be based right off of the games.

Any thoughts on this.

Mike Beck
02-29-2008, 07:16 AM
I would love that. I was hoping the Advent Children movie would be covering the events of the game, before finding out it was a sequel to the game. but the movie is still fricken awesome.

Storyslinger
02-29-2008, 07:21 AM
I would love that. I was hoping the Advent Children movie would be covering the events of the game, before finding out it was a sequel to the game. but the movie is still fricken awesome.

Yep, thats what I thought too. Its been one of the best put together movies I've seen in a long time.

fernandito
02-29-2008, 07:30 AM
VIII was more amazing in some ways. just the opening with Squall and Seifer is enough to get you into it.

Jeez, did you see the way those two went at it? They must be fighting for world domination or to see who is the most powerful being alive. I mean, no way that is literally just a schoolyard scuffle, right?... :unsure:

*EDIT*

Also, for anyone who likes that song as much as me and wishes to d/l it, the song is called Liberi Fatali. :)

Mike Beck
02-29-2008, 08:17 AM
Liberi Fatali is a great song. There's a few different versions out there, too. i get called a loser all the time by my friends for listening to that kind of shit. :P

fernandito
02-29-2008, 08:21 AM
I have a CD with bunch of video game music that I listen to on a regular basis (mostly consisting of final fantasy and castlevania tunes), and one day my friend popped it in and played One Winged Angel. After the song finished, I was expecting him to say something to the effect of "WTF?", but the only he said he was "fuuuck, we have to bump that shit again" :lol:

Mike Beck
02-29-2008, 08:23 AM
lol! i love it. i have all castlevania and final fantasy music on my itunes. i also have a good collection of ninja gaiden 1 and 2 music. :dork:

fernandito
02-29-2008, 08:43 AM
My favorite Castlevania songs ever are House of Sacred Remains (Lament of Innocence) and Abondened Castle (Curse of Darkenss)

Mike Beck
02-29-2008, 11:03 AM
oh i gots to check those out. my castlevania collection is more the nes snes games soundtracks.

Yunsung
02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Anyone who wants Liberi Fatali, PM me. I'm going on vacation soon, but I might be able to rip it from my iPod during that time. I'm leaving my computron behind, you see.

Still Servant
02-29-2008, 03:27 PM
I have a CD with bunch of video game music that I listen to on a regular basis (mostly consisting of final fantasy and castlevania tunes), and one day my friend popped it in and played One Winged Angel. After the song finished, I was expecting him to say something to the effect of "WTF?", but the only he said he was "fuuuck, we have to bump that shit again" :lol:

I have a CD of all Final Fantasy music.

I use Aeris' theme, Eyes On Me on the weddings that I edit.

It's such a great song and perfect for weddings. Plus, it's long.

FF7 is my favorite. People who say otherwise are just lying to themselves.

I'm surprised there is no love for FF6. Such a great game. Also, I'm about 50 hours in to FF Tactics for the PSP. It's not as great as the first time around on the PS1, but it's still so fun.

fernandito
02-29-2008, 03:51 PM
I use Aeris' theme, Eyes On Me on the weddings that I edit.

My friend is a DJ, and he frequently samples One Winged Angel.

FF7 is my favorite. People who say otherwise are just lying to themselves.

I ain't :) In fact, it's not even in my top 3 FF's.

Mattrick
03-02-2008, 02:24 AM

I couldn't stand that movie. I just got high and made fun of it the entire time, especially the climatic ending scene, that was ultra lame. Having not played Vincent's game, I'd wish I hadn't seen this so my FF7 experience remained with the game. I know I'm in the minority and all backwards compared to most FF fans. With most fans they hated Spirits Within because it didn't have enough to with the games, which I felt made it a more mainstream movie. Advent Children, on the other hand, contained far too much game influence and was essentially an extended PS2 cutscene which was a major disappointment. I always view FF characters as fairly normal people who just happen to be in a struggle for the fate of the world at stake, their attacks being just for show during battles. Seeing all the characters to have seeming super powers etc was just silly, imo.

I'm holding out for a remake to FF7 with, perhaps, an elongated ending with some closure (which is all FF7 fans want) and updated graphics and gameplay interface. To me, all these FF7 sequel/prequel spin offs are a cop out. They can make a direct sequel to the one of the more weaker FF's, which is generally regarded as average, but can't remake or produce a proper sequel for FF7. I've heard many rumours of a PS3 remake but a rumour is only a rumour.

I'm sad a friend whom I longer associate with has old my old RPG's including my collection of FFs IV to X. Grrrrr

Mike Beck
03-03-2008, 06:12 AM
hey, man. whatever floats your boat.

i had heard rumors about the ps3 FFVII game. i think because they remade the opening scene (up to the point where cloud jumps off the train), when they were showing off the new system at comiccon or one of those conventions.

spirits within was ok, they just shouldn't have put the title Final Fantasy before it, seeing as it had nothing to do with the games.

fernandito
03-03-2008, 06:16 AM
i had heard rumors about the ps3 FFVII game. i think because they remade the opening scene (up to the point where cloud jumps off the train), when they were showing off the new system at comiccon or one of those conventions.

This has reached almost mythical status. Sony always claims that "A Final Fantasy VII remake is not in the plans", but constant rumors always seem to indicate otherwise. F'n teasers.

Mike Beck
03-03-2008, 06:37 AM
i know. dirty F's.

this is what had a lot of folk going:

YouTube - Final Fantasy 7 PS3

John Blaze
03-03-2008, 01:33 PM
rumors always abound about everything.

Same thing happened with DB AF. Akira Toriyama has said again and again that Dragon Ball ended with GT, but people still keep talking about AF, and there's even pictures and videos of the supposed AF online.

Wishful thinking, says I.

fernandito
05-12-2008, 04:13 PM
The top 25 characters of Final Fantasy - Day 1

http://stars.ign.com/articles/873/873301p1.html

Míchéal
05-13-2008, 06:00 PM
I'd be picking between 8 and XII. I'm currently 90+ hours in on XII, doing all sidequests and hunts and plan on reaching level 99 as there's a recommended level of 85 to beat Omega Mark XII.

fernandito
05-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Did you beat Cid at Giruvegan already?

And level 99?!? :panic: You must loooooooove level grinding! :lol:

RUBE
05-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII

What, no love for the old NES version? JK. That is still the only one I have played and thus by default my favorite.

Míchéal
05-17-2008, 08:13 AM
Cid at Giruvegan was a piece of piss...so easy... I hate levelling up but I must to get everything

Empath of the White
05-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I like Final Fantasy VII myself...but not because of who Sephiroth killed. It was just plain fun with a decent storyline. Right now I'm working on FF III for the DS. My only nitpick is that everyone in the party's an orphan.

Old Man Splitfoot
05-24-2008, 03:00 AM
*Disclaimer: I have never played any other FF game, so I will be woefully uniformed about them.*

FFXI online players? Server? Names?

I'm Antibus* of Lakshmi, Tarutaru Black Mage at level 75, Blue Mage at 75, and Dark Knight at 74, hopefully to hit 75 soon. I started playing the day it was released in North America, and have yet to quit. What other Final Fantasy game can keep you playing for six or seven years, and still not be bored, let alone have done everything? (Don't remember which year it started, but I want to say seven years, since they're celebrating the eighth anniversary, and Japan had it a year before we did.)

I've tried dozens of times to recruit people from Redton and probably DT.Net into FF XI, but it never works. But hey, that's not gonna stop me! GO TO GAMESTOP! You can get the core game for like $3, and get a month free. Start on Lakshmi, and I'll show you around. Seriously, this game is great.

*Antibus was actually a mispelling of Antubis, the anteater from Kindgom Hospital. I started out as a Galka named Cuthbert (if you can't figure out where I got that name from, you're on the wrong site), but my Dragoon was getting invites too slowly for me, and I wanted to start a mage, but Galka are not cut out for magery, so I rolled a Taru, and never looked back. By the time I realized I'd mispelled my name, I was a 60 Black Mage and unwilling to restart.

LordFrank
06-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I would die a happy man if they'd remake FF8 for the 360.
I'd love to play it remade with current technology and making full use of achievements and shit.
Playing the original one kinda burns my eyes now, which sucks, because it was such a great game...

ZoNeSeeK
06-08-2008, 05:23 PM
There's nothing out for the wii yet is there? Except for my life as a king, which just sounds retarded but might be good

razz
06-08-2008, 05:36 PM
i don't think people gave Final Fantasy IX the credit it deserves. everyone seems to overlook it. maybe because the only memorable character is Vivi...

Míchéal
06-08-2008, 05:39 PM
I loved 9...

razz
06-08-2008, 05:41 PM
so did i but i only remember 2 characters Kuja and Vivi

Míchéal
06-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I didn't remember any...it's been years...

fernandito
06-08-2008, 06:13 PM
There's nothing out for the wii yet is there? Except for my life as a king, which just sounds retarded but might be good

According to Game Informer magazine : "While the graphics are definitely on par with the Crystal Chronicles tradition, the game takes a radical new approach to the Final Fantasy universe. Far from the usual Square Enix model of exploration-based RPGs, My Life as a King is more akin to a fantasy themed Sim City. As the king of the realm, you'll command warriors and villagers to carry out various tasks and military missions, helping you collect the raw material to build your kingdom into a regal powerhouse."

Sounds pretty damn fun if you ask me. :)

Vivi is my favorite FF character. I liked Zidane's Dyne attacks, especially the last one - Solution 99.

LordFrank
06-08-2008, 07:15 PM

I named my cats Kuja and Vivi...
Sadly, Kuja ran away the first year I had them. But Vivi is still going strong. :)

razz
06-17-2008, 03:01 PM
my cat, Sam, my minion died :(

theBeamisHome
08-22-2008, 06:58 AM
there's been a FF thread this entire time??? ya'll should move all my posts from the magic<firaga<cast thread to here. I'm currently about 75 hours into XII and I haven't even gone to Ridoran yet... i'm doing hunts and sidequests while i have Reddas. alll my characters are at least on level 40

theBeamisHome
08-22-2008, 06:59 AM
has anyone ever completed the sky pirate's den?

razz
08-22-2008, 07:03 AM
i got pretty damn close before my brother sold the game

fernandito
08-22-2008, 07:16 AM
That's the trophy case thing, right?

razz
08-22-2008, 07:20 AM
yup

theBeamisHome
08-22-2008, 07:31 AM
trophy case?.... yeah i guess you could call it that. but some of the things you have to do to get the character/monster in there is kind of ridiculous.. well not really, but having to buy every place on the license board.. obtain every esper (even the optional ones) :panic:

fernandito
08-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Well, if anyone can do it, it's you Beams! :D

*ruffles hair*

theBeamisHome
08-22-2008, 10:04 AM
:rofl:

razz
08-22-2008, 11:31 AM
i filled the licence board. and i think i only needed one esper. it pissed me off thet they got rid of Shiva, Ifrit, Bahamut, Hell, i would have been happy with Anima from FFX. that one was badass.

Woofer
08-22-2008, 11:46 AM
OMG. I better go play some FFXI. What if we lose power and I'm unable to play? I... I just made level 66. I have soloed my WHM to 33 so far so that I can use it as an effective subjob for my BST. That means I have Reraise when I am playing my BST and can now bring myself back from the dead. *insert deity joke here*

BTW, I have never played any of the other FF games, so I am a total idiot about them.

razz
08-22-2008, 11:49 AM
i played part of ff7, the second disc messed up.
same thing for disk 3 of ff9. my brother beat it tho.
i wanted to play ff8, but (guess what) the disks my friend lent me were pieces of shit.

fernandito
08-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Woofer - Do you know any of the Playstations?

Woofer
08-22-2008, 12:41 PM
*shakes head sadly* I only have a few cherished PC games. Blood, Neverwinter Nights, Clive Barker's Undying, and FFXI online. I have few less-cherished PC games, too (including the horrible RotK game. Ack!).

Mr. Woofer has a bunch of WWII-type games and flight sims. One had an Easter egg that allowed you to fly Mothra. You could fire lasers from Mothra's eyes and eject from the top of Mothra's head. That was totally awesome.

Yunsung
08-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Favorite:
VIII

Other good ones:
VI
IV
X

Least Favorites:
VII for over-rated plot. (Think back. Did anything really get answered? Really?)
X-2 for
ret-conning the meaningful ending to X

razz
08-23-2008, 07:19 AM
Clive barker's undying. i wanted to play that. i hear it was the best game that nobody played.

fernandito
08-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Yun - I don't see IX on that list...

:pullhair:

Woofer
08-23-2008, 02:53 PM
Clive barker's undying. i wanted to play that. i hear it was the best game that nobody played.

Hrumph. I am not a nobody. Indeed, it was very cool - very atmospheric and creepy, cool monsters, excellent plot (don't ask because it's been years and I have forgotten). I should dig out the disk and reload it.

razz
08-23-2008, 05:19 PM
well i don't think they sell it in game stores anymore, so maybe i'll try amazon.

William50
08-23-2008, 05:20 PM
well i don't think they sell it in game stores anymore, so maybe i'll try amazon.

It's a computer game?

razz
08-23-2008, 05:39 PM
yup

William50
08-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I love computer games. But if I am not careful I can get addicted to a game rather quickly.

razz
08-23-2008, 05:48 PM
like halo. or tis one game that's l=kinda fun. free too. called combat arms. but recently there was a glitch to get a restricted gun and whoever even PICK UP the gun is demoted for hacking, and loses all their stuff

William50
08-23-2008, 05:51 PM
I've never really been that into Halo. It's alot of fun, but lately I have been playing Age of Empires 3.

Hannah
08-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Favorite:
VIII

Other good ones:
VI
IV
X

Least Favorites:
VII for over-rated plot. (Think back. Did anything really get answered? Really?)
X-2 for
ret-conning the meaningful ending to X

As far as X-2 went, it really wasn't a bad game. And I loved the dress spheres (haven't played in forever, but I think that's what they were called). The ending sucked, but I still liked the game.

Oh, and X was the best in my opinion. I was totally addicted to stupid, almost unplayable, aggravating blitzball. And then they ruined Blitzball in X-2.

I like XII too. I'm getting close to beating it. I just beat that dude with the nethicite in the 100 floor tower thingy, and Reddas went and stabbed the dawn crystal thingy. Thank god I don't have to travel with him anymore, he kept dying and I kept having to raise him. annoying.

Yunsung
08-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Hm... the more I look back, the less I liked XII. I mean, it was good, but... not as great, story-wise, as I expected. :S

theBeamisHome
08-25-2008, 04:37 AM
:excited: Hannah I'm at the same place as you! Just beat Dr. Cid and I'm back at Balfonheim Port... now my question is... do i have to complete all the sidequests and stuff before i finish the game??? like once i beat the undying is it over? can i not do anything else? if so i'm gonna have to just go on and beat the game... or just put in like seventy something more hours to get to level 99 so i can beat all the crazy optional bosses and stuff.

fernandito
08-25-2008, 05:24 AM
Well, after you beat the Undying, the story is finished, but you can continue to go on sidequests and stuff even after you pass it - The game teleports to whatever place you were at before you boarded Strahl to go to the *final stage*

theBeamisHome
08-25-2008, 05:46 AM
:excited: REALLY?!?!?
:huglove:
feev you have just made me SO happy!!

stone, rose, unfound door
08-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII

Too bad my favourite's FFII then :(

08-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Followed by FFV... and then FFIX

fernandito
08-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Followed by FFV... and then FFIX

Now this lady knows her stuff! :couple:

08-26-2008, 03:02 PM
I'm not a hard gamer but yeah, I know what a really good game needs ^^ And since I'm a European, when I mean FFII or FFV, they're really the same as in Japan and did not get new names like they did in the US.

theBeamisHome
08-27-2008, 05:02 AM
why do they change games for us and not everyone else??

EDIT: oh and by the way, i now command 9 Espers... i know all the magicks... and now i think i'll work on getting the technicks although i think there are only a few really useful ones. but i think the next esper i get doesn't let you use and physical attacks so i'll need them.

Yunsung
09-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Beam, do I see from your avatar that you've started playing VIII?

theBeamisHome
09-11-2008, 06:39 AM
no :( but i want to. i put it up there cuz Nigel said i'm like Rinoa... i guess that's a compliment.. i can't find it!!! we've gone into every GameStop we've come across and the best we've found was FFX-2.... and i'm not so interested in that one...

Yunsung
09-11-2008, 02:39 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Final-Fantasy-VIII-Playstation_W0QQitemZ160280179413QQihZ006QQcategor yZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

09-18-2008, 01:19 PM
no :( but i want to. i put it up there cuz Nigel said i'm like Rinoa... i guess that's a compliment.. i can't find it!!! we've gone into every GameStop we've come across and the best we've found was FFX-2.... and i'm not so interested in that one...

Being compared to Rinoa is a nice compliment since she's a great heroine. Not amazingly strong, but a nice one still. And she's so pretty!

frankybeans
09-18-2008, 01:21 PM
ive played a lot of video games. FF isnt one of them. the game itself is actually quite terrible. not that theres anything wrong with that.

theBeamisHome
09-18-2008, 01:24 PM
????? how can you say it's terrible if you haven't actually played it?

Yunsung
09-22-2008, 05:25 AM
????? how can you say it's terrible if you haven't actually played it?

Pretty much. Sorry, but FF varies game by game - declaring the whole series to be terrible doesn't fly.

Speaking of, when the girlfriend and I were shopping for batteries the other day, I paused for a bit to stare longingly at FF IV for the DS. She asked a couple questions about it with a "Hm..." at the end. We've got a one-year anniversary coming up... could she be thinking what I think she's thinking?

Yes, by the way, I am very thankful. :o

fernandito
09-22-2008, 05:36 AM
I'm willing to buy a DS just so I can play Final Fantasy IV!

:onfire:

09-22-2008, 09:24 AM
ive played a lot of video games. FF isnt one of them. the game itself is actually quite terrible. not that theres anything wrong with that.

Give one of them a try and tell us afterwards what you've thought, ok? Then we can discuss :) It's just pointless saying it's terrible without trying, esp. since they're so different.

fernandito
09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Wasn't FF VI released for the DS also?

Yunsung
09-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Wasn't FF VI released for the DS also?

Nope. It was on the Advance - but playable on the DS. :thumbsup:

theBeamisHome
09-22-2008, 06:30 PM
i thought it was IV lol

fernandito
09-22-2008, 09:43 PM
IV is for the DS, but it was VI that I wasn't sure about.

Thanks for the info Yunz!

Yunsung
09-23-2008, 06:50 AM
There's also a version of IV for the Advance, which actually looks a little better because they used the original graphics. But that's just nostalgia speaking.

fernandito
01-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Final Fantasy XIII gameplay revealed!

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/826843/final-fantasy-xiii/videos/ffx3_whitecombo_012909.html

O.M.G

Brice
01-31-2009, 06:07 AM
Okay, it's about time I bought a PS3 now. :D

mystima
01-31-2009, 10:07 PM
there are some rumors going around that the next final fantasy game is going to both ps3 and the xbox 360. i am sooooo hoping that is true cuz we have a 360 in the house.

i have played:
ffVII: dirge of cerberus
ffX
ffX-2
FFXII

currently playing lost odyssey which is made by the makers of final fantasy and has the same feel as the final fantasy games. so if you need your ff fix check that game out.(just to warn you it is a 4 disk game)

fernandito
02-01-2009, 04:39 AM
Actually, it was confirmed several weeks ago that Final Fantasy XIII was indeed being released for the 360 also. :)

Rjeso
02-01-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm playing through FFX again right now. I just beat Sinspawn Gui. On to Djose!

Bumbler19
02-24-2009, 02:19 AM
Actually, it was confirmed several weeks ago that Final Fantasy XIII was indeed being released for the 360 also. :)

yup, but FFXIII Versus is only going to be on the PS3, so ... I dunno what to feel!!!!!

Old Man Splitfoot
02-24-2009, 02:35 AM
Honestly, I'm a faithful Final Fantasy fanman (I hate the term fanboy, thanks) but XIII so far just does not have me sold. Neither did XII for that matter, although I've been thoroughly addicted to XI for going on seven years now.

fernandito
02-24-2009, 10:23 AM
Not sold?! [heart attack]

Have you seen the gameplay trailer yet?

SigTauGimp
02-24-2009, 08:48 PM
XIII looks amazing.

I'm very excited for it...almost as much as right before VII was released, and that's saying something.:huglove:

To be honest, I don't really consider myself a "fanboy" of the Final Fantasy series...the ones that I love, I absolutely adore, but outside of those few, the series just doesn't hold much interest to me.

Bumbler19
02-25-2009, 02:58 AM
I'm really excited for XIII

then again i was for XII and that Tanked big time for me...

I too have been playing XI for 7ish years... but alas, I am quiting this month...