PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Collecting Goals

Ari_Racing
12-03-2018, 07:12 AM
December is here and it's a good moment to start this thread. :)

Here's my list for 2019:

* The Plant #3 unsigned
* The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
* The Gunslinger 1st Grant
* SK New Book US Proof
* SK New Book UK Proof
* At least one of the S/L I'm missing from Robert McCammon (Baal Deluxe, Swan Song Dark Harvest, Speaks The Nightbird)

* At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing
* At least 2 of the 17 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.
* At least 2 of the 24 promo items I'm after.
* At least 2 more 1st edition books signed by King of the 50 I'm missing.
* At least 2 S/L KING books of the 13 I'm missing.
* At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 31 I'm missing.
* At least 1 of the three annuary books I'm missing.
* At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.
* At least 15 of the 124 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
* At least 5 of the 31 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
* At least 2 of the 163 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.
* The only Spanish edition I'm missing.

I built two previous grail lists and completed both, so I built a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take me a lot of time to get these but these are not current objectives:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
* Stories of Suspense
* One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.

webstar1000
12-03-2018, 07:22 AM
Carrie Lettered PS
Dystopia Lettered
My '19th' Whelan Original

MikeDuke
12-03-2018, 07:34 AM
These are Hopes
F\F First Stand
F\F 2nd salems' Lot
Eyes of the Dragon S\L
Six Stories S\L
what the hell S\L The Green Mile.
And Maybe S\L Salems' we will see on that.
A first flat signed Outsider
Maybe other Firsts that are signed as well.
Misery S\L (probably won't happen)
Then just see if there are signed first ed or other S\L that I can get.

Father Cody
12-03-2018, 12:54 PM
Pretty simple and something I should’ve focused on in 2018: complete my NF+ US first edition collection. So, I would need:

- Carrie
- Salem’s Lot
- The Shining
- Firestarter
- Danse Macabre
- Thinner
- Storm of the Century
- Faithful
- Under the Dome
- Elevation

Other goal this year is to sell all the fluff (wtf am I doing with ten books *about* King) in my collection and make some long term decisions about what kind of collector I’m going to be. For instance, I’m never going to own all the S/Ls so why would I have any of them? Just can’t justify spending that much on books when I have a toddler (i.e. money pit!) to raise. It’ll be tough but it’s possible I’ll be selling my S/Ls and other high-value non-King books this year.

MikeDuke
12-03-2018, 01:26 PM
That's too bad Adam. Are you going to sell all your S\L? If you do, good luck. But I am with you on the expense. I am at the point where anything else I want will probably not be "cheap" money wise.

Father Cody
12-03-2018, 01:42 PM
That's too bad Adam. Are you going to sell all your S\L? If you do, good luck.

I’m not totally sure yet. I only have three King S/Ls and they each make my favorites list, but to complete the collection wouldn’t be the smartest idea (for me). I may keep them, I may not. Probably not doing anything until the next IT movie comes out, though. Thanks!

Patrick
12-07-2018, 09:43 PM
... For instance, I’m never going to own all the S/Ls so why would I have any of them?

... I only have three King S/Ls and they each make my favorites list, but to complete the collection wouldn’t be the smartest idea (for me). I may keep them, I may not...
What’s wrong with being a non-completist and simply buying the ones you enjoy?

Phalucha
12-08-2018, 06:57 AM
2 items for me in 2019 - signed first edition IT and another Ubris (ideally the issue with Night Surf).

becca69
12-08-2018, 09:12 AM
... For instance, I’m never going to own all the S/Ls so why would I have any of them?

... I only have three King S/Ls and they each make my favorites list, but to complete the collection wouldn’t be the smartest idea (for me). I may keep them, I may not...

This!

MikeDuke
12-08-2018, 09:18 AM
There is no way I could be a completest. I just collect what I enjoy :lovely:and more importantly, what I can afford :D.
P.S I guess they don't need replies, but did you get my PM's becca? I just wanted to know that I did not scare you away :doh:.

becca69
12-08-2018, 09:52 AM
There is no way I could be a completest. I just collect what I enjoy :lovely:and more importantly, what I can afford :D.
P.S I guess they don't need replies, but did you get my PM's becca? I just wanted to know that I did not scare you away :doh:.

I got them. Was just busy the past few days and forgot to reply. Sorry!

jcmanske
12-08-2018, 11:15 AM
2019 King Collecting Goals:

1. The Dark Tower II Audiobook S/L—this has been on my list for several years.
2. Full Dark, No Stars Proof with white band
3. Desperation Gift editions signed by King and Remarqued by Maitz in watercolor from 2015 Haven auctions #55 & 66
4. Regulators Lettered (get in line, I know)
5. IT Manuscript
6. IT flatsigned

Father Cody
12-08-2018, 12:10 PM

Absolutely nothing! I think my problem is a personal one. I’ll see them there on the shelf mocking me: “c’mon there’s plenty of room here for that Stand Coffin, and while you’re at it why don’t you drop another 4K on that DRE? And why stop there? Get that matching DT set already!” What can I say.. my will power is all but non-existent when it comes to collecting so this would be a pro-active move to bolster necessary inhibitions. At least that’s what I’m telling myself! [emoji23]

Hunchback Jack
12-08-2018, 01:19 PM
For 2019:

S/Ls:
- Gunslinger (Grant)
- TWTTK (Grant)
- The Talisman (Grant)
- Christine (Grant)
- Skeleton Crew (Scream Press)
- Salems Lot (Centipede Press)

- Gunslinger 1984 printing (Grant)
- UK IT "Special Collectors Edition" PB (NEL)

- At least 3 more early U.K. 1/1 editions.

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)

Randall Flagg
12-08-2018, 03:34 PM

3. Desperation Gift editions signed by King and Remarqued by Maitz in watercolor from 2015 Haven auctions #55 & 66
5. IT Manuscript
6. IT flatsigned

Good luck on the Desperation signed editions.
As for the DTII Audio Book S/L, tippy4 seems to be able to find them like no one else can.

jcmanske
12-08-2018, 04:05 PM

5. IT Manuscript
6. IT flatsigned

As for the DTII Audio Book S/L, tippy4 seems to be able to find them like no one else can.

Unfortunately, none are very easy to find. Tippy4, I’m here if you have one ;). RF, thanks for the good wishes!

MikeDuke
12-08-2018, 04:08 PM

I got them. Was just busy the past few days and forgot to reply. Sorry!
No problem :). Busy can be a good thing.

MikeDuke
12-08-2018, 04:16 PM
For 2019:

S/Ls:
- Gunslinger (Grant)
- TWTTK (Grant)
- The Talisman (Grant)
- Christine (Grant)

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)
That's a nice list Jack.
The ones I listed were goals. But if something else presents itself, I hope I am ready. I have most of the S\L that I want. If I get From a Buick 8 and FDNS it would just be to get them.
Not out of any real want. We shall see. Again, with me I never know what the year will bring. But I wish you good luck. This year was a big one for me. Maybe Eyes of the Dragon and Six Stories. In fact I will add them to my list.

Hunchback Jack
12-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Thanks, Mike, I also wish you good hunting.

I know what you mean about Buick 8 and FDNS. I don't have them, am not really looking for them, but would pick them up if the price were right. :) And my list is also very much GOALS; I expect my actual purchases will be less/different. In 2018, I started looking for Hodder UK S/Ls in earnest, which wasn't my intent. The collecting bug is a fickle beast.

HBJ

MikeDuke
12-08-2018, 09:22 PM
Well Jack,
I really wish you luck in getting your S\L Gunslinger. I have a feeling I will never get that. Also good luck in your WTTKH quest. That might be easier. Your other stuff is great as I have a few of them and the quality of them makes them worth getting. But between buying my Lithographs now and King, it will be a juggling act for me. But maybe I will get lucky with some other stuff. I went crazy this year. I think I got 10+ books. I don't know if that will happen next year. We shall see.

Roseannebarr
12-09-2018, 08:35 AM
Here is my list:

Gunslinger S/L
Signed Green Mile Part 4

If I get either one in 19. I will be very happy!

19 should be a good year for all us gunslingers!!!!!!!!

tippy4
12-09-2018, 10:50 AM

5. IT Manuscript
6. IT flatsigned

Unfortunately, none are very easy to find. Tippy4, I’m here if you have one ;). RF, thanks for the good wishes!

I do not have any sadly.

A few years back...maybe even ten....I am across a local seller that had found several copies in a used book shop....still sealed in shrinkwrap....the book shop had no idea they were signed.

I bought two or three from her, but beyond the one I have......I have no extras.

Frondz
12-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Some nice lists - broad range of cool stuff, and fun to see the different directions people are going. I agree with the above that it’s fine to just collect what you like, but I also think it’s fun and rewarding (and sometimes necessary) to really focus and narrow things down. I’m in the same boat as Adam and many. Would love to own King limited editions, but with budgetary restraints due to kids, etc., those might have to wait for me personally.
I lucked into good prices on signed trade editions of the Gunslinger and Drawing of the Three a year or so ago. So, my goal would be to continue working towards a flat signed trade edition set of the Dark Tower books. If I could get one or two this year, I’d be happy.

jcmanske
12-09-2018, 11:53 AM

5. IT Manuscript
6. IT flatsigned

I do not have any sadly.

A few years back...maybe even ten....I am across a local seller that had found several copies in a used book shop....still sealed in shrinkwrap....the book shop had no idea they were signed.

I bought two or three from her, but beyond the one I have......I have no extras.

What a great find! Thanks for the response.

Brian861
12-09-2018, 01:05 PM
I'll continue with my haphazard collecting ways. By no means ever plan on collecting everything (except maybe for Hill :)).

Keep sippin' on that sweet Kool-Aid that Paul's serving and stay on the non-King track. If Paul should manage another King S/L; try to jump over to that track.

Stay in hock to Camelot year around, maybe Betts as well, and continue to wheel and deal with you fine folks here :) And actually complete some of those transactions.

Stay gainfully employed in order to fuel the passion.

becca69
01-02-2019, 08:11 PM
I'll carry over the two from last year. Hard to believe I got my big grail so I will have to add another.

1. Asbestos Firestarter (because, why not? :wtf: )
2. Gunslinger S/L PC
3. Any US or UK 1st Richard Bachman PBs
4. Any 2019 S/Ls or signings

wizardsrainbow
01-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Well like many others here, I spent WAY WAY too much money in 2018. Goals for 2019....nothing specific in truth. I'd love to get my Sphere Gunslinger proof signed, but other than that I'll just see what comes along.

MikeDuke
01-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Updated goals. I want to finish of first ed with better copies so here it is
1. Salems' Lot with Second state dust jacket F\F
2. The Stand first ed in F\F completed
3. The Shining First ed in F\F
4. Night Shift First edF\F
5. Carrie First ed F\F
I doubt I will be able to finish of the list, but there it is. After those, I will see about other S\L. Unless a special S\L comes my way.
Good luck every one

ianlever99
01-03-2019, 12:53 PM
Mine are simple.

PS Publishing Carrie Letter P
PS Publishing Thinner Letter P and
PS Publishing Carrie PC copy number 3

Oh and asbestos Firestarter (one day)

Brian861
01-03-2019, 01:07 PM
2. The Stand first ed in F\F
5. Carrie First ed F\F
I doubt I will be able to finish of the list, but there it is. After those, I will see about other S\L. Unless a special S\L comes my way.
Good luck every one

I bet you'll put off a few of those, Mike. You seem pretty focused; unlike myself :)

MikeDuke
01-03-2019, 01:18 PM
5. Carrie First ed F\F
Good luck every one

I bet you'll put off a few of those, Mike. You seem pretty focused; unlike myself :)
I hope so. Last year was crazy for me. I bought about 10-12 books. Signed firsts and limited ed. It was nuts. These would be part of the main section of my collection.
I have them all already but I need better copies. Even though some are signed. Alec helped get me focused. We shall see. Hopefully David can help me out a bit.

Father Cody
01-03-2019, 01:20 PM
5. Carrie First ed F\F
Good luck every one

I hope so. Last year was crazy for me. I bought about 10-12 books. Signed firsts and limited ed. It was nuts. These would be part of the main section of my collection.
I have them all already but I need better copies. Even though some are signed. Alec helped get me focused. We shall see. Hopefully David can help me out a bit.

Let me know when/if you’re selling the old copies you’re replacing. I might be interested in taking them off your hands.

MikeDuke
01-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Hey Adam. I will probably keep what I have. Two are signed and even though they are not perfect, I still would want them for that reason. That's Carrie and Night Shift. The Stand I would not sell to anyone because it's a complete mess and I would feel bad doing it. Salems' Lot, again is a 3rd state in not the best condition so I would keep that only because it's a 3rd state and there were not that many of them, even though they are worth less. And trust me, the DJ is frayed. The Shining is in the best shape so that I may not replace unless a perfect one comes up. So I am sorry Adam, I may be keeping what I have. But if I change my mind on The Shining or Salems' Lot, I will let you know.

Hunchback Jack
01-10-2019, 04:00 PM
One down. At this rate, I'll be done by May. ;)

(I won't; this list is just crazy, in retrospect).

For 2019:

S/Ls:
- Gunslinger (Grant)
- TWTTK (Grant)
- The Talisman (Grant)
- Christine (Grant)

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)

MikeDuke
01-10-2019, 04:06 PM
5. Carrie First ed F\F
Good luck every one

I doubt it Brian. In fact, I probably won't get one of them. From the people I have been talking too, these are the hardest to get. Maybe if I get lucky.
It may be eBay, even though I want to stick with David.

wizardsrainbow
01-10-2019, 07:12 PM
I appreciate the loyalty, but when it comes to collecting, if an opportunity presents itself...GO FOR IT....I will not be hurt if you spread purchases around. Just sayin'

Brian861
01-10-2019, 10:20 PM
I appreciate the loyalty, but when it comes to collecting, if an opportunity presents itself...GO FOR IT....I will not be hurt if you spread purchases around. Just sayin'

Exactly. Sometimes things just show up when you least expect it.

webstar1000
01-11-2019, 04:53 AM

One thing many never mention about David is his support in helping you get things from other places. For instance, I used to bug him all the time about the price of something when I found it (and he doesn't have it) before I knew enough... and he would ALWAYS tell me if it was worth getting or not. He is a collector too which is why he is the best book seller when it comes to King. Hands Down. Thanks for that David...

MikeDuke
01-11-2019, 06:05 AM
OK. I will look around. Maybe eBay or someone on here from someone who takes checks :thumbsup:. So I won't give up so easily.

webstar1000
01-11-2019, 07:10 AM
OK. I will look around. Maybe eBay or someone on here from someone who takes checks :thumbsup:. So I won't give up so easily.

My advice? PAYPAL... get on that my man. VERY easy and safe.

MikeDuke
01-11-2019, 07:17 AM

My advice? PAYPAL... get on that my man. VERY easy and safe.
I guess I don't want anything directly connected to any of my accounts. If I can get by without it, I would still rather do that. I am really old school. Sorry everyone.

Brian861
01-11-2019, 11:33 AM

What's this "check" you speak of? Leftover tech from the Old Ones?

MikeDuke
01-11-2019, 11:42 AM
Even though it's not King, if I can quote Skyfall "Sometimes the old ways are the best". And yes, I wander the planes of existence, one of the few who still respect and use the old ways. I have not forgotten the face of my father.

Brian861
01-11-2019, 12:48 PM
Even though it's not King, if I can quote Skyfall "Sometimes the old ways are the best". And yes, I wander the planes of existence, one of the few who still respect and use the old ways. I have not forgotten the face of my father.

Touche', my friend. Touche'.

Beverly Marsh
01-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Good luck everyone!

As for me I don't have any goals per say. I keep an eye on Betts and hope something that I'm looking for comes up(and that I can afford it at the time)
My lifetime goal is a signed Pet Sematary 1/1. Whenever it will be will be.
Also a signed Duma Key and Needful Things. Otherwise I just stay pretty laid back and happy with what I have :)

Brian861
01-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Good luck everyone!

As for me I don't have any goals per say. I keep an eye on Betts and hope something that I'm looking for comes up(and that I can afford it at the time)
My lifetime goal is a signed Pet Sematary 1/1. Whenever it will be will be.
Also a signed Duma Key and Needful Things. Otherwise I just stay pretty laid back and happy with what I have :)

All three are great books!

amd013
01-23-2019, 03:29 PM
I'll just carry over my 2018 goals:

Acquire all missing CD books

From a Buick 8 Gift Edition
From a Buick Lettered edition - done already
The Dark Man Lettered edition
Blockaid Billy Lettered edition

Acquire all new published SK lmited books
Acquire all missing US gift editions (3? to go)

Stretch Goal: Acquire 3 Lettered editions - already got 2!!

Garrell
01-23-2019, 07:27 PM
Mine are just to get back to what I had about 4 years ago when I moved and had to shuffle jobs as a result.

amd013
02-22-2019, 12:24 PM

From a Buick 8 Gift Edition
The Dark Man Lettered edition - Done!

Acquire all new published SK lmited books
Acquire all missing US gift editions (3? to go)

Stretch Goal: Acquire 3 Lettered editions - DONE!!

Updated

SystemCrashOverRide
02-22-2019, 01:24 PM
My goals this year aren't books - but rather curation.

The budget is a bit tight, and truthfully it has been since I started collecting, I'll never be picking up heavy hitter editions or Holy grail pieces unless I get extremely lucky.

That said, I would like to get a second bookcase with glass doors, refinish my barrister, buy and apply Brodart to all the books that I've been meaning to wrap for ages, and generally organise the collection into a proper library.

If I can do that? I'll be very pleased, and I think it will be an enjoyable exercise in appreciating what I already own - and really letting them shine and be properly displayed.

MikeDuke
02-22-2019, 04:00 PM
5. Carrie First ed F\F
Good luck every one
updated
Plus I got HHH proof
Thinner ABA
Scream Plays proof
CK special art ed
FDNS GE
GBB S\L
Updated again
The Outsider 14th ed signed
Gerald's Game ABA
Sleeping Beauties S\L
The Dark Man S\L

Brian861
02-22-2019, 11:56 PM
My goals this year aren't books - but rather curation.

The budget is a bit tight, and truthfully it has been since I started collecting, I'll never be picking up heavy hitter editions or Holy grail pieces unless I get extremely lucky.

That said, I would like to get a second bookcase with glass doors, refinish my barrister, buy and apply Brodart to all the books that I've been meaning to wrap for ages, and generally organise the collection into a proper library.

If I can do that? I'll be very pleased, and I think it will be an enjoyable exercise in appreciating what I already own - and really letting them shine and be properly displayed.

I'm in the process of adding Brodart as well and need to add probably at least another 3 books cases.

andyg75
03-01-2019, 06:46 AM
Some are carried over from last year:

The Shining Folio Society S/L 1/110
The Plant Part 3 signed
Colorado Kid PS S/L (150 Limitation) Looking for #'s 72, 78 or 149 (any artist)
Wizard & Glass UK S/L #157
Dark Tower Portfolio #157

I'm also tentatively entering the Lettereds market, so once the above list has diminished, or the available funds increase, this section is a slow burner. Wish me luck...

webstar1000
03-01-2019, 07:19 AM

The Plant Part 3 signed

I'm also tentatively entering the Lettereds market, so once the above list has diminished, or the available funds increase, this section is a slow burner. Wish me luck...

IT REALLY IS. SLOW for sure. I entered it by mistake. haha I needed a few of my favs like Regulators and Misery but now have gotten a few. I am not focusing on those now but rather the last few I would love to get. Last weekend I acquired my 19th Whelan so VERY happy about that. I JUST NEED my Dystopia and Carrie.. then I will breath. lol

andyg75
03-01-2019, 11:30 AM

The Plant Part 3 signed

IT REALLY IS. SLOW for sure. I entered it by mistake. haha I needed a few of my favs like Regulators and Misery but now have gotten a few. I am not focusing on those now but rather the last few I would love to get. Last weekend I acquired my 19th Whelan so VERY happy about that. I JUST NEED my Dystopia and Carrie.. then I will breath. lol

I think we’re all actively searching for these white whales for you at this stage 😂😂😂

tippy4
03-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Unsigned 1st edition of The Institute
Signed 1st edition of The Institute
S/L of The Institute (if made)
G/E of The Institute (if made)
Signed 1st edition of Elevation
Signed 1st edtion of Thinner
Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
Signed 1st edition of IT
Find the missing volume in my DT SL set

becca69
03-02-2019, 11:28 AM
I'll carry over the two from last year. Hard to believe I got my big grail so I will have to add another.

2. Gunslinger S/L PC

5. Nebel

I forgot to add Nebel to my list. If I list it, it will come :wtf:

jcmanske
03-02-2019, 11:43 AM

2. Gunslinger S/L PC

5. Nebel

Great goals! Mike P has a Nebel listed on eBay. I’m just sayin’

becca69
03-02-2019, 12:28 PM

2. Gunslinger S/L PC

5. Nebel

Great goals! Mike P has a Nebel listed on eBay. I’m just sayin’

Yep, saw that, thanks! I think this might be on the list for a while since I just got Regulators. But since I put that on the list and it's here, the list must work! :unsure:

Erickaspicer
03-03-2019, 05:02 PM
My long term goal is signed dark tower seris. My 2019 goal....1 of them. I dont care wich one. Just one.

Pasiuk57
03-04-2019, 04:50 AM
Jeffrey-true!

If anyone wants Nebel here, let me know and we can talk!

shaq
03-05-2019, 06:24 AM
I think this is the remainder of my wants.

Maybe 1 this year (Q3)

Christine s/l
Eyes of the Dragon S/L
Skeleton Crew S/L

Oh and Black House S/L no 24 if it ever surfaces

This would complete my little collection.

George at C-Springs
03-05-2019, 12:47 PM
1. FDNS Unbound 1st Proof
2. Any S/L #186
3. FDNS Unbound Color Proof
4. FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof

webstar1000
06-14-2019, 04:54 AM
Carrie Lettered PS
Dystopia Lettered
My '19th' Whelan Original

Carrie and Dystopia elude me... BUT.... I have secured my 19th Whelan and it is NO small potatoes...

picontin
06-27-2019, 11:07 AM
Firestarter S/L
Sleeping Beauties S/L

Garrell
06-27-2019, 01:46 PM
X Carrie 1st/1st
X Gunslinger 1st/1st
Rage 1st/1st
Roadwork 1st/1st

Pasiuk57
06-28-2019, 04:54 AM
I have a NEBEL currently on EBAY

amd013
06-28-2019, 07:19 AM

From a Buick 8 Gift Edition - Done!
The Dark Man Lettered edition - Done!

Acquire all new published SK lmited books -on track so far
Acquire all missing US gift editions (3? to go) - removing this goal

Stretch Goal: Acquire 3 Lettered editions - DONE!!

Updated, and adding the following:

Replace 18 stolen 1st/1st books. (1 already had a duplicate, 6 already reacquired, so 11 to go) - see my signature, for remaining 1st/1sts.

Ari_Racing
06-28-2019, 07:42 AM
Half of 2019 passed, so it's a good moment to check my current status:

* The Plant #3 unsigned
* SK New Book US Proof - I'm supposed to receive it this weekend. :)
* SK New Book UK Proof - I'm supposed to receive it once produced.
* At least one of the S/L I'm missing from Robert McCammon (Baal Deluxe, Swan Song Dark Harvest, Speaks The Nightbird)

* At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing I got two
* At least 2 of the 18 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing. - Updated. I'm missing 18 actually.
* At least 2 of the 24 promo items I'm after.
* At least 2 more 1st edition books signed by King of the 50 I'm missing. I got 5.
* At least 2 S/L KING books of the 13 I'm missing. I got two.
* At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 31 I'm missing. I got 1
* At least 1 of the three annuary books I'm missing. I got two, but I added another two.
* At least 15 of the 124 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got 19.
* At least 5 of the 31 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got 1
* At least 2 of the 163 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got one but I summed 3, so I'm after 165 now.

I built two previous grail lists and completed both, so I built a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take me a lot of time to get these but these are not current objectives:

* Stories of Suspense Incredible but true. I got it.

Randall Flagg
06-28-2019, 12:09 PM
Wonderful progress. You are doing quite well.

MikeDuke
06-28-2019, 12:31 PM
Updated as noted
I want to finish of first ed with better copies so here it is
5. Carrie First ed F\F
Good luck every one[/QUOTE]
updated
Plus I got HHH proof
Thinner ABA
Scream Plays proof
CK special art ed
FDNS GE
GBB S\L
Updated again
The Outsider 14th ed signed
Gerald's Game ABA
Sleeping Beauties S\L
The Dark Man S\L

Hunchback Jack
07-01-2019, 03:40 PM
I've been on a collecting hiatus for most of this year so far, so I've only managed to cross off a couple.

S/Ls:
- Gunslinger (Grant)
- TWTTK (Grant)
- The Talisman (Grant)
- Christine (Grant)

- At least 3 more early U.K. 1/1 editions. Early-ish. Not any of the really early, high-priced editions

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)[/QUOTE]

knightmare
07-02-2019, 10:19 AM
Is there a thread about or does anyone want to share display cases?

We are building and I'll have a "library" but the common great room will get some of my favorites, like the upcoming Suntup Rosemary's Baby, which have been wife approved for display. I'd like something nice, but also secure....have a 5 and 6 year old with friends.

Thoughts?

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-02-2019, 10:30 AM

We are building and I'll have a "library" but the common great room will get some of my favorites, like the upcoming Suntup Rosemary's Baby, which have been wife approved for display. I'd like something nice, but also secure....have a 5 and 6 year old with friends.

Thoughts?

Here is the bookcase thread

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6425-Bookcases

And here is the Collection thread..lots to gander at :thumbsup:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?111-My-Stephen-King-Collection

knightmare
07-02-2019, 11:41 AM

Thoughts?

Here is the bookcase thread

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?6425-Bookcases

And here is the Collection thread..lots to gander at :thumbsup:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?111-My-Stephen-King-Collection

Much appreciated :)

Ari_Racing
12-25-2019, 11:06 AM
2019 is about to end and I don't expect to receive anything else this year. It's a good moment to check statuses:

* The Plant #3 unsigned
* SK New Book US Proof
* SK New Book UK Proof

* At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing I got two
* At least 2 of the 18 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing. - I got 1
* At least 2 of the 24 promo items I'm after. I got 5
* At least 2 more 1st edition books signed by King of the 50 I'm missing. I got 6
* At least 2 S/L KING books of the 13 I'm missing. I got one.
* At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 31 I'm missing. I got one
* At least 1 of the three annuary books I'm missing. I got two...and I could have gotten all but made a silly mistake.
* At least 15 of the 124 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got 22.
* At least 5 of the 31 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got one.
* At least 2 of the 163 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. I got two...and then found out I was missing four more.

* Stories of Suspense ACHIEVED!

I got a lot of stuff outside this list so I'm more than happy with my collecting year. :) A couple of the publisher's manuscripts, merchandising, the Neibolt Street house model, saw King live. Hell, I even got a book inscribed to me by Stephen King sent from his house in FL to my house. It doesn't get better than that! :)

herbertwest
12-26-2019, 01:52 AM
I got a lot of stuff outside this list so I'm more than happy with my collecting year. :) A couple of the publisher's manuscripts, merchandising, the Neibolt Street house model, saw King live. Hell, I even got a book inscribed to me by Stephen King sent from his house in FL to my house. It doesn't get better than that! :)

Wicked!
Flatsigned or with a pretty cool inscribtion?

shaq
12-26-2019, 05:57 AM
I think this is the remainder of my wants.

Maybe 1 this year (Q3)

Christine s/l
Eyes of the Dragon S/L
Skeleton Crew S/L

Oh and Black House S/L no 24 if it ever surfaces

This would complete my little collection.

I did very well, with Skeleton Crew joining the family.

One step closer.

Ari_Racing
12-26-2019, 05:58 AM

Wicked!

Inscribed 😊

Hunchback Jack
12-26-2019, 09:17 AM
Nothing more acquired since my last update in July. Some nice copes have come up, but for more than I wanted to pay:

S/Ls:
- Gunslinger (Grant)
- TWTTK (Grant)
- The Talisman (Grant)
- Christine (Grant)

- At least 3 more early U.K. 1/1 editions. Early-ish. Not any of the really early, high-priced editions

- IT UK Proof (Hodder)

I’ve dropped most of these items from my King goals for next year, just keeping the ones consistent with my existing King collection. I’m finding the market has ballooned to the point where every purchase is accompanied by qualms about how much I paid. I’m not out of the game, but much of the joy is gone for me.

HBJ

herbertwest
12-26-2019, 09:18 AM

Wicked!

Inscribed 😊

Picture or it doesnt exist ;)

sullichin
12-26-2019, 12:05 PM
I just started collecting in earnest earlier this year. I went a little crazy, and got some of my “must-haves” out of the way, including some items I’ve been eying long before this summer, when during what was maybe my fifth re-read of The Stand (this time mostly on audio), I started justifying buying myself a coffin -

*clears throat* box. I finally bought The Stand S/L, which I’ve admired for years, and then I fell into a hole. I registered for this forum like 10 years ago and have been reading King for 20+, but something happened in 2019 and I transformed my enthusiasm for my favorite author into a huge hobby / borderline obsession / the reason I’m broke.

* denotes items bought from people here! I can’t thank TDT members enough for being such an expansive resource, and for welcoming a new collector such as myself. Thanks to this forum I: got several books I wanted, avoided at least one bogus sig, was told when I overpaid for something, learned about some great publishers and the work and artisanship of producing beautiful books. I also just felt validated in my new hobby. I can see the same appreciation I’m developing in other people here, along with amazing collections that I could aspire to one day have, if I either win the lottery or found a door to a world with more affordable secondhand market prices.

I don't have a list to cross off, so these were my pickups this year (probably forgetting some stuff and smaller items not included):

Signed stuff
The Stand S/L
IT CD 25th Ann. S/L (* thanks Dolso!)
Insomnia S/L (* thanks DoctorZaius!)
The Shining Subterranean Press S/L (* Thanks Dolso!)
DT2 Audio cassette signed
DT3 S/L

Dark Tower stuff
DT1-7 firsts + Viking Gunslinger
WTTK artist edition (still on the grant website)
A better DJ for the Gunslinger 1st (* thanks firemonkey66!)
cool slipcase for Gunslinger ( * thanks webstar1000 for the sale…I don’t remember who made these for you)
Skcollector.com slipcases for the rest (+ Viking Slinger)

Various 1st trades
I already had some before “actually collecting” but I’m still missing a lot. My favorite pickup from this category (besides my precious Gunslinger):
a nice copy of Pet Sematary (* thanks firemonkey66!)
+ two nice Jeff Whiley slipcases (It and EOTD)

Artist / Gift editions
Misery Suntup artist gift edition
Carrie CD gift edition
Shining Folio Society (not signed)
Talisman / Black House box (* thanks Dolso!)
Revival LetterPress (preorder)

… Suntup
I love the gift ed of Misery so much, one of my favorite items in my collection, that I wanted anything else by Suntup, so I started a little non-King collecting too. I’m excited to read both of these books for the first time:

Brother S/L
I Am Legend artist gift edition (preorder)

--

It seems fitting that one of my last pickups this year was the The Stand brass plaque (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?22582-The-Stand-Brass-Plaques-For-Sale&highlight=stand+brass+plate). Thanks RF and Peter Schneider for making these available. It’s a cool addition to my Stand S/L, my first-ever “pride and joy,” plus it’s a unique item I would have missed out on if I hadn’t been on TDT. Ka is a wheel??

Ari_Racing
12-28-2019, 09:35 AM

Wicked!

Inscribed 😊

https://scontent.faep9-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/52518065_10219074462517181_8006966027940265984_o.j pg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=yEEFudADrU8AQlQVB_wGS7EwbjLHJBeLxPfcaJvueo HgwW_OlV2hI6zzg&_nc_ht=scontent.faep9-1.fna&oh=f74bbc6e728c009d2d8b601e5755feda&oe=5E67FE37

herbertwest
12-29-2019, 03:25 AM

Wicked!

Inscribed 😊

https://scontent.faep9-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/52518065_10219074462517181_8006966027940265984_o.j pg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=yEEFudADrU8AQlQVB_wGS7EwbjLHJBeLxPfcaJvueo HgwW_OlV2hI6zzg&_nc_ht=scontent.faep9-1.fna&oh=f74bbc6e728c009d2d8b601e5755feda&oe=5E67FE37

Pretty cool !

tippy4
12-29-2019, 07:48 PM
UPDATED

Unsigned 1st edition of The Institute GOT IT
Signed 1st edition of The Institute GOT IT
S/L of The Institute (if made) WAS NOT MADE
G/E of The Institute (if made) WAS NOT MADE
Signed 1st edition of Elevation GOT IT
Signed 1st edtion of Thinner GOT IT
Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century ROLLS TO 2020
Signed 1st edition of IT GOT IT
Find the missing volume in my DT SL set ROLLS TO 2020

jon10g
12-30-2019, 10:58 AM
May I ask what books he was referring to?

QUOTE=Ari_Racing;1177728]

Wicked!

Inscribed 😊

https://scontent.faep9-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/s960x960/52518065_10219074462517181_8006966027940265984_o.j pg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ohc=yEEFudADrU8AQlQVB_wGS7EwbjLHJBeLxPfcaJvueo HgwW_OlV2hI6zzg&_nc_ht=scontent.faep9-1.fna&oh=f74bbc6e728c009d2d8b601e5755feda&oe=5E67FE37[/QUOTE]

Ari_Racing
12-30-2019, 11:54 AM
My book and a Spanish edition of Dark Tower Concordance that I edited 😊

Roseannebarr
12-30-2019, 12:41 PM
My book and a Spanish edition of Dark Tower Concordance that I edited 😊

Congrats! That is so awesome!

Ari_Racing
01-03-2020, 06:30 AM
:) Thanks!