PDA

View Full Version : The Twilight Zone

mae
09-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Shockingly, we don't have a Twilight Zone thread. I should rewatch my blu-rays of the original series. Looking forward to what's next:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeS26bBeMkU

Ben Staad
09-20-2018, 11:15 AM
I didn't know there was anything coming next. I hope for good programming dedicated to quality stories which engage the mind.

Shockingly, we don't have a Twilight Zone thread. I should rewatch my blu-rays of the original series. Looking forward to what's next:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeS26bBeMkU

St. Troy
09-20-2018, 12:12 PM
I believe Peele has a real interest in making this a quality thing; I am excited to see how it is.

ladysai
09-20-2018, 02:26 PM
I just saw a promo for the new Twilight Zone last night.
Im hopeful this will be close to the quality of the original.
~fingers crossed~

Ricky
09-20-2018, 02:56 PM
I'm getting to the point now where I'm feeling the market is over-saturated with reboots. Can't we just leave things alone?

Also, enough with the 8,000 streaming services. There's just no feasible way (time OR money) to see and subscribe to everything.

dnemec
09-22-2018, 01:44 PM
I am a HUGE Twilight Zone fan. That being said, I am not looking forward to this at all. I agree with Ricky - why must we have more reboots? This is the FOURTH reboot of this damn series.

St. Troy
09-22-2018, 03:31 PM
I think TTZ is more than just a program of its own; it is a platform for the unusual and creative, and in that sense, it should never go away, and when it does go away, I want it to come back (in the right hands).

Still Servant
09-22-2018, 03:55 PM
I'm getting to the point now where I'm feeling the market is over-saturated with reboots. Can't we just leave things alone?

Also, enough with the 8,000 streaming services. There's just no feasible way (time OR money) to see and subscribe to everything.

It's so true. I have anxiety over some of the streaming services. I finally broke down and started paying for Hulu after doing the 30 day free trial dance for 2 years.

:lol: I was more than likely one of the last holdouts still receiving DVDs from Netflix, so I downgraded to streaming only and the money I saved there is going towards Hulu.

That said, my list of shows I want to watch on Amazon is growing. Not enough time or money like you said.

Also, I've been meaning to pickup the complete Twilight Zone collection for years. I keep thinking I'm going to find it cheap at a Goodwill or flea market, but not luck.

Ricky
09-22-2018, 04:11 PM
I love The Twilight Zone, and that's exactly the reason I don't want it to come back.

And Mike, no more DVDs?! I still get them. :cry:

mae
09-22-2018, 05:04 PM
Also, I've been meaning to pickup the complete Twilight Zone collection for years. I keep thinking I'm going to find it cheap at a Goodwill or flea market, but not luck.

The Twilight Zone on blu-ray is a must-have, so beautifully restored and so many extras.

mae
09-22-2018, 05:42 PM
Even though it premiered in 1959, the pilot to the pilot (The Time Element) aired 60 years ago this November. I wonder if folks would like to do a group rewatch of the series and have a discussion here? If you don't have the blu-rays (and you really should! Amazon has it on sale for 50% off for just about sixty bucks), Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime all have it streaming.

WeDealInLead
09-24-2018, 05:11 AM
Wait, fourth reboot? I have the original boxset and the eighties one (with Ellison's and Straczynski's stories). What am I missing?

mae
09-24-2018, 05:17 AM
There was a third revival in 2002: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twilight_Zone_%282002_TV_series%29

dnemec
09-24-2018, 09:07 AM
There was a third revival in 2002: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twilight_Zone_%282002_TV_series%29

That revival had 1 stand out (in my opinion). They did a sequel to "It's a Good Life." Billy Mumy is himself as an adult, Cloris Leachman is in it playing his mom, and Billy has a daughter (his real-life daughter) who has more powerful abilities than his. I just loved how it tied into the original, although I wanted to strangle the kids in both of them!

Still Servant
09-24-2018, 06:13 PM
I love The Twilight Zone, and that's exactly the reason I don't want it to come back.

And Mike, no more DVDs?! I still get them. :cry:

It was time. It was hard to do, but I found myself just not watching them. I had What We Do in the Shadows sitting on my table since December. Plus, I'm buying so many DVDs used, that I went through my queue and realized I had already bought a good majority of them. Also, I never used Netflix to rent new movies. I always used Redbox for that.

The hardest part was that this is still my Netflix subscription that Heather sent me years ago.

Heather19
09-25-2018, 04:58 AM
:(

Ricky, I guess it's just you and me as the lone two subscribers. I love the ability to get whatever movie I want. There's always older films that I want to watch which aren't streaming anywhere, so that's the only way for me to watch them.

As for the Twilight Zone, I'm not too thrilled with another remake. The original is probably my favorite series ever. It's so good. And I hate how everything keeps getting remade these days. I more wish that they would release a new similar theme show, just not "The Twilight Zone". Of course I'll tune in though and see how it is. Hopefully it will exceed my expectations and be really good.

Ricky
09-25-2018, 05:42 AM
I'm with you, Heather. There's lots of stuff I can't find except through the DVDs. And streaming just can't beat the excitement of receiving a new one in the mail. It's like music. iPods let you hear any song you want at any time, but it's still exciting to hear a song you like on the radio.

And unless you can do a free trial for that CBS All Access thing, I don't think I'll be watching. (Is it too much to hope that the new series will be in black and white?)

Heather19
09-25-2018, 07:37 AM
Oh, I didn't even catch that the new series won't be airing on tv. Screw that :lol:

Ben Staad
09-25-2018, 10:05 AM
I didn't understand that at first. I will not be signing up for another subscription service.

mae
09-25-2018, 10:23 AM
CBS All Access is also where The Stand will be (as well as all the new Star Trek stuff).

Heather19
09-25-2018, 10:33 AM
If they get The Stand I'll have to at least try a free trial then. I don't really understand it. Why not show the shows on CBS, for a much wider audience? Do they show their current and past shows on this streaming service, or is it only new content? I'm just so sick of all the different streaming services. Wish they could all just be lumped up into one.

Heather19
09-25-2018, 10:37 AM
Back to The Twilight Zone, what are everyone's favorite episodes? One of my personal favorites that I never hear much talk about is The Midnight Sun.

Mae I'll have to look up The Time Element. I'm not sure I've heard of it before. I got the set for Christmas last year and I've been wanting to do a full rewatch of the series in order. There's probably even a handful that I haven't seen yet.

mae
09-25-2018, 10:37 AM
If they get The Stand I'll have to at least try a free trial then. I don't really understand it. Why not show the shows on CBS, for a much wider audience? Do they show their current and past shows on this streaming service, or is it only new content? I'm just so sick of all the different streaming services. Wish they could all just be lumped up into one.

It's old and current shows as well as originals, yeah.

mae
09-25-2018, 10:42 AM
Mae I'll have to look up The Time Element. I'm not sure I've heard of it before. I got the set for Christmas last year and I've been wanting to do a full rewatch of the series in order. There's probably even a handful that I haven't seen yet.

If you have the Blu-ray set, The Time Element should be an extra for Season One. It's pretty much an episode of the show, great fun. I don't know if you have the DVD or Blu-ray set, but the Blu-ray edition also restores the episodes to their original airing versions with Rod Serling's previews of the next episode (a lot of these were missing from the DVD versions or only had the audio).

Ben Staad
09-25-2018, 01:45 PM
I already watched those shows.

CBS All Access is also where The Stand will be (as well as all the new Star Trek stuff).

Br!an
09-25-2018, 01:51 PM
Back to The Twilight Zone, what are everyone's favorite episodes? One of my personal favorites that I never hear much talk about is The Midnight Sun.

There were several favorites for me.

I liked Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and Nick Of Time. Not because I'm a Shatner fan, more that I'm a Matheson fan.

As a bibliophile, I liked, and subsequently have recurring nightmares about, Time Enough To Last.

What You Need was cool.

I Shot An Arrow In The Air.

The Hitchhiker.

More...

Still Servant
09-25-2018, 03:22 PM
I'm with you, Heather. There's lots of stuff I can't find except through the DVDs. And streaming just can't beat the excitement of receiving a new one in the mail. It's like music. iPods let you hear any song you want at any time, but it's still exciting to hear a song you like on the radio.

Any old films I want that I can't find in the wild or at the library, I just buy on laserdisc. I just bought Bringing Up Baby the other day.

I more wish that they would release a new similar theme show, just not "The Twilight Zone". Of course I'll tune in though and see how it is. Hopefully it will exceed my expectations and be really good.

I haven't watched it yet, but isn't the Netflix show Black Mirror kind of like The Twilight Zone?

I have no interest in paying for CBS All Access either, especially with the crazy cable prices. Your question is a tricky one. Some of the aren't being put on the regular CBS because they are of a higher standard, to be blunt. Honestly, CBS knows their audience. Their audience has very basic taste in TV. Shows like The Stand and Twilight Zone couldn't make it on Network TV nowadays. Just look at most of the successful shows on CBS right now. They are all fluffy remakes and standard procedurals like Hawaii Five-O, MacGyver, NCIS and its endless clones. I expect the new Magnum P.I. to be just as fluffy and easy to digest (and forget) and it will do equally well in the ratings.

I echo your frustration about the many streaming services and I would love a way to collect them all together, but at that point, it's essentially cable. I will more than likely just pickup the new Twilight Zone on Blu-ray, like I'm planning on doing with the Mr. Mercedes series.

mae
09-25-2018, 04:07 PM
So would anyone be up for a rewatch and discussion of the series if you have the boxset or can just stream? We can start on November 24th, since that marks the 60th anniversary of the airing of "The Time Element".

Ricky
09-25-2018, 04:22 PM
Welp, looks like The Twilight Zone box set is something I didn't know I needed. Christmas list!

dnemec
09-26-2018, 04:35 AM

There were several favorites for me.

I liked Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and Nick Of Time. Not because I'm a Shatner fan, more that I'm a Matheson fan.

As a bibliophile, I liked, and subsequently have recurring nightmares about, Time Enough To Last.

What You Need was cool.

I Shot An Arrow In The Air.

The Hitchhiker.

More...

I love Nightmare at 20,000 Feet and Nick Of Time for the same reason. And of course Time Enough At Last is a favorite.

The Living Doll, To Serve Man, The Masks...

Must I stop?!

Iwritecode
09-26-2018, 04:53 AM
I haven't watched it yet, but isn't the Netflix show Black Mirror kind of like The Twilight Zone?

The two shows have been compared often, although the many of stories in Black Mirror are based on futuristic technology. Each episode stands alone but if you watch them in order, there are tons of little Easter eggs and callbacks to previous episodes.

IIRC there are only 3 or 4 seasons of around 8 episodes each, so it's easy to run through them quickly. If you haven't seen it yet, you should really check it out. It's really good.

Just don't get put off by the very first episode. It's probably the worst of the bunch. If you have to, start season 1 with episode 2.

St. Troy
09-26-2018, 07:40 AM
...the new series won't be airing on tv. Screw that :lol:

Yep.

I already have cable, Netflix and Amazon Prime; I just can't allow this type of entertainment cost mission creep to chase potentially interesting things like The Stand or The Twilight Zone or whatever comes next across new services (and I stress "potentially" because around half of the new shows I try out, through whatever source, don't make the cut after I've watched a few episodes; with my luck, The Stand would turn out to be a new Mist, and TTZ would do little other than make me miss the original).

I initially got Netflix because Blockbuster went away, but it has since built a reputation for generating great content of its own; I initially got Amazon Prime just for the free shipping but they too have produced some good shows.

I suppose the fact that both The Stand and TTZ are on the same service could make it tempting to sign up, but the fact is that I already know what CBS is, and I can't imagine I'll ever be willing to pay a dollar for anything they do, unless they build a reputation similar to Netflix's over the next few years.

mae
09-26-2018, 07:45 AM
I suppose the fact that both The Stand and TTZ are on the same service could make it tempting to sign up, but the fact is that I already know what CBS is, and I can't imagine I'll ever be willing to pay a dollar for anything they do, unless they build a reputation similar to Netflix's over the next few years.

Also the new Star Trek shows. And since it's a paid service, it's not the usual CBS you get, it's much more like a Netflix indeed.

Still Servant
09-26-2018, 03:13 PM
Just don't get put off by the very first episode. It's probably the worst of the bunch. If you have to, start season 1 with episode 2.

It's funny you should say that because I started watching the first episode and had a hard time getting through it. The show is definitely on my watch list though.

WeDealInLead
09-26-2018, 05:26 PM
I gave up after the first episode too. I'll give it another go if it truly gets better.

mae
09-27-2018, 06:31 AM
It's really too bad the '80s revival and the 2002 revival aren't available for streaming. Would love to do a full rewatch of the whole franchise, including the movie.

Iwritecode
09-27-2018, 07:58 AM
I gave up after the first episode too. I'll give it another go if it truly gets better.

It really does. The next 2 episodes after it are pretty good but IMO, the ones that came later were even better.

White Bear and White Christmas (starring Jon Hamm) were really good. So was USS Callister and Hang the DJ.

But you really have to watch them in order as they start to introduce technology in certain episodes that they continue to use in future episodes.

The very last episode, Black Museum, has a ton of Easter eggs from all the previous episodes.

mae
10-09-2018, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u9CZqZPBSA

mae
10-11-2018, 10:15 AM
https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/11/sanaa-lathan-twilight-zone/

The next stop for Sanaa Lathan: The Twilight Zone.

The Affair and Nappily Ever After actress has boarded writer-director Jordan Peele’s reboot of the classic sci-fi anthology series for CBS All Access.

Lathan will star in an episode titled “Rewind” (which is the first episode title revealed so far from the series though not necessarily the first episode that will air).

Peele — who will also narrate the series — is re-imagining Rod Serling’s groundbreaking series for the modern age. There’s no premiere date yet, but it will air sometime in 2019.

mae
01-30-2019, 03:44 PM
https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1034029-no-joke-new-the-twilight-zone-premiere-set-for-april-1

CBS All Access has confirmed that their upcoming reboot of The Twilight Zone will premiere on the streaming service on April 1 with two episodes of the new series. Subsequent episodes will premiere on Thursdays beginning on April 11. Jordan Peele will executive produce the series and provide opening and closing narrations for each episode.

The new Twilight Zone series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Jordan Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Simon Kinberg’s Genre Films. Peele, Kinberg, and Marco Ramirez will serve as executive producers for the series and collaborate on the premiere episode. Win Rosenfeld and Audrey Chon will also serve as executive producers.

Actors set to appear in the various episodes of the new series include John Cho, Sanaa Lathan, Kumail Nanjiani, Adam Scott, Allison Tolman, Greg Kinnear, DeWanda Wise, Jessica Williams, Taissa Farmiga, Rhea Seehorn, Ike Barinholtz, Steven Yeun, and Jacob Tremblay.

The original The Twilight Zone took viewers to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. Created by Rod Serling, it was a journey into a wondrous land of imagination for five years on CBS, from 1959-1964. The godfather of sci-fi series, the show explored humanity’s hopes, despairs, prides and prejudices in metaphoric ways conventional drama could not. In 1983 Steven Spielberg produced a big budget anthology film version, Twilight Zone: The Movie, directed by Spielberg, John Landis, Joe Dante, and George Miller. The show was revived by CBS in the 1980s and ran for three seasons, helmed by the likes of William Friedkin, Atom Egoyan, and Wes Craven. It was revived again on UPN and hosted by Forest Whitaker in 2002 for one season.

Heather19
01-31-2019, 06:30 AM
I really hope it gets released on DVD later because I refuse to pay for another streaming service. You would almost think that since it's CBS, if you pay for cable they would let you be able to connect to watch it even though it's not something airing live on tv.

Ricky
01-31-2019, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I'd like to check it out but I'm also not paying.

Earl of Popkin
01-31-2019, 03:57 PM
At this point, it’s safe to assume they’ll be offering free one month(ish) trials for their service when the content is there. Hulu, Amazon, YouTube have all done this once they had their cornerstone shows locked & loaded.

Though I agree with Heather and hope they go the HBO/espn route; if I’m a cable subscriber, shouldn’t I get free access to your streamers?

mae
02-03-2019, 05:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsWrusH41I

mae
02-21-2019, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29_gA_GDGvE

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-21-2019, 07:03 PM
I sincerely hope they release it on DVD!

mae
02-21-2019, 07:07 PM
I sincerely hope they release it on DVD!

Blu-ray you mean :)

Ricky
02-21-2019, 07:30 PM
I'm hoping for VHS!

But really, I'd like to watch it but I'm not dropping money for another streaming service. :nope:

Brian861
02-21-2019, 11:57 PM
I'll probably check it out. I've been wanting the see the new Star Trek anyway :shrug:

DoctorDodge
02-23-2019, 08:53 PM
I must admit, I am genuinely excited about this revival, mainly because Get Out felt like a movie length Twilight Zone episode, anyway, so Jordan Peele should be perfect for it. But yeah, airing only on CBS's streaming service is definitely a terrible decision. I'll continue catching up on Black Mirror in the meantime.

Ricky
02-24-2019, 01:30 PM
Speaking of Get Out/Twilight Zone comparisons, that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the trailer for Us--that it looks like a feature-length Twilight Zone episode (and I mean that in a very good way).

Heather19
03-01-2019, 07:11 AM
I'm hoping for VHS!

:rofl:
True story, I still have my VCR hooked up because I still have a handful of movies only on VHS.

I really wish they chose a different streaming provider, like Hulu or Netflix, then I could give it a watch. Hopefully the dvd release won't be too far in the future.

mae
03-22-2019, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SR_OZCtJkU

Merlin1958
03-23-2019, 01:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SR_OZCtJkU

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Kingfan24
03-23-2019, 03:02 PM
We don’t really have a place for it but to be honest, Us, Jordan Peele’s newest movie was a flaming pile of shit. Can’t understand why it’s getting such praise.

Ricky
03-23-2019, 03:06 PM
We do. General Movie Discussion and the Rate thread. Lots of hype and glowing reviews for Us, but I also remember the same about Get Out and was very underwhelmed. Interesting social commentary, but I didn't care for the characters (talking about Get Out here, not Us). Curious to see what I'll think when I see it.

Heather19
03-24-2019, 10:43 AM
Thanks Mae, that Twilight Zone video was really interesting. Now I'm kinda curious to see it. I really like Jordan Peele, and think he's a good person to stand in Rod Serling's place. I loved Get Out, and really enjoyed Us, so I'm a little more hopeful about this now. They also showed a commercial for The Twilight Zone before Us in the theater last night.

Brian861
03-25-2019, 11:41 AM
I've decided I'm going to go ahead and subscribe to the service. WTH, I've been wanting to see the new Star Trek anyway :shrug:

Heather19
03-25-2019, 02:00 PM
Let us know how it is! :D

mae
03-25-2019, 02:23 PM
Don't forget that's where The Stand will also stream.

Brian861
03-25-2019, 02:52 PM
Let us know how it is! :D

Will do!

Don't forget that's where The Stand will also stream.

Completely forgot about that :doh:

mae
03-27-2019, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NORi4YjsGI4

St. Troy
03-27-2019, 11:05 AM
(Still) looks good.

St. Troy
03-28-2019, 07:31 AM
Review:

http://collider.com/the-twilight-zone-review

‘The Twilight Zone’ Review: A Stellar Return Trip to Another Dimension

Together, the four episodes point to a new Twilight Zone that is confident in its sheer variety, and that’s key. Part of what made the original series such a joy—and continues to make it a joy, if you fire it up on Netflix—is the fact you could pick a random episode out of a hat and find something completely different. These new chapters aren’t tied together by anything other than A) a subtle Easter Egg shout-out to the episode preceding it, so keep your eyes sharp, and B) Peele’s presence as The Narrator, taking over the suited-up role from Serling himself. I’d be straight up lying if I said that particular aspect of the reboot didn’t work like gangbusters; there’s a visceral jolt that happens every time the camera cuts to Peele, fueled by a potent mix of nostalgia and the filmmaker’s current status as a bonafide horror auteur.

mae
04-01-2019, 07:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19GO8-Rrn0g

St. Troy
04-01-2019, 10:53 AM
That was a nice treat (full episode).

I thought it was quite good, worthy of the TZ name; I have high hopes for the rest of the series.

As for the resolution (which I liked), I thought the obvious solution was...

...for Samir to tell a joke about J.C. Wheeler, thereby nullifying the meeting which kicked off the erasures...

...but that was hardly the only way it could've gone.

Ricky
04-01-2019, 02:17 PM
What do you guys think of having episodes being an hour instead of the ones from original series being 30 minutes?

Merlin1958
04-01-2019, 03:54 PM
What do you guys think of having episodes being an hour instead of the ones from original series being 30 minutes?

Probably a good thing, giving them more time to really flesh out their stories. Wasn't "The Outer Limits" a one hour show originally?

Ricky
04-01-2019, 04:05 PM
I was thinking the same thing about fleshing out the stories (if character development is done well), but thinking it might really drag if there's not enough story to fill an hour. The original series was pretty tight in that regard.

Ricky
04-01-2019, 06:12 PM
Just watched The Comedian. Thoughts: grating, obnoxious, and overly long (I checked my phone for the time at the 26 minute mark...just about how long the original series episodes were, if that says anything). I get what they were trying to do here, but if this is what the whole season is going to be like, I'm not missing anything. (Side note: whoever directed this episode made some weird shot choices that really took me out of the episode.)

St. Troy
04-01-2019, 06:18 PM
I like the 1-hour format, I’d rather linger than be rushed.

Brian861
04-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Just watched The Comedian. Thoughts: grating, obnoxious, and overly long (I checked my phone for the time at the 26 minute mark...just about how long the original series episodes were, if that says anything). I get what they were trying to do here, but if this is what the whole season is going to be like, I'm not missing anything. (Side note: whoever directed this episode made some weird shot choices that really took me out of the episode.)

Agreed. I was underwhelmed by this episode. I'll probably go with the free trial next week to check out the next episode.

Ricky
04-02-2019, 11:40 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of waiting until a few more episodes are out then doing the free trial.

Brian861
04-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of waiting until a few more episodes are out then doing the free trial.

Probably even a better idea.

Bev Vincent
04-04-2019, 06:08 AM
I thought the first episode was okay, but a little on the long side. It could easily have been compressed. I also thought it would have been better if the comedian had truly become funny at some point.

Brian861
04-04-2019, 10:04 AM
I thought the first episode was okay, but a little on the long side. It could easily have been compressed. I also thought it would have been better if the comedian had truly become funny at some point.

Agreed. He wasn't funny at all.

mae
04-29-2019, 01:01 PM
https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1063159-twilight-zone-renewed-season-2

Jordan Peele’s The Twilight Zone has been renewed for a second season at CBS All Access following the initial release of the first five episodes of the anthology’s first season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

“Jordan Peele and Simon Kinberg’s reimagining of The Twilight Zone is off to an amazing start on CBS All Access, driving the most viewers on its premiere day for an original series to date. Jordan, Simon, the creative team and cast have done a phenomenal job translating the series’ legacy of socially conscious storytelling for modern-day audiences. They are master storytellers, and we look forward to bringing fans further into The Twilight Zone with a second season,” said Julie McNamara, executive VP of original content for CBS All Access.

Oscar winner Jordan Peele’s reimaging of the classic sci-fi/horror anthology features an ensemble cast that consists of Peele (Get Out) as the host, Seth Rogen (Invincible) Greg Kinnear (Brigsby Bear), Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick), John Cho (Searching), Ike Barinholtz (Blockers), Taissa Farmiga (The Nun), Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon a Time), Luke Kirby (Glass), Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy), Adam Scott (Ghosted), Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul), Alison Tolman (Fargo), Jacob Tremblay (The Predator), Jessica Williams (The Incredible Jessica James), DeWanda Wise (She’s Gotta Have It), Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2, Joker), Betty Gabriel (Get Out), Percy Hynes White (Gifted), James Frain (True Blood), Tracy Morgan, Seth Rogen (Long Shot), Chris Dowd (Bridesmaids), and Amy Landecker (Transparent).

The original The Twilight Zone took viewers to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. Created by Rod Serling, it was a journey into a wondrous land of imagination for five years on CBS, from 1959-1964. The godfather of sci-fi series, the show explored humanity’s hopes, despairs, prides and prejudices in metaphoric ways conventional drama could not.

The new Twilight Zone series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Simon Kinberg’s Genre Films. Jordan Peele, Kinberg, and Marco Ramirez serve as executive producers for the series and collaborated on the premiere episode. Win Rosenfeld and Audrey Chon also serve as executive producers.

Season 1 of The Twilight Zone is currently streaming on CBS All Access with new episodes released every Thursday.

Kingfan24
04-29-2019, 02:46 PM
https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1063159-twilight-zone-renewed-season-2

Jordan Peele’s The Twilight Zone has been renewed for a second season at CBS All Access following the initial release of the first five episodes of the anthology’s first season, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.

“Jordan Peele and Simon Kinberg’s reimagining of The Twilight Zone is off to an amazing start on CBS All Access, driving the most viewers on its premiere day for an original series to date. Jordan, Simon, the creative team and cast have done a phenomenal job translating the series’ legacy of socially conscious storytelling for modern-day audiences. They are master storytellers, and we look forward to bringing fans further into The Twilight Zone with a second season,” said Julie McNamara, executive VP of original content for CBS All Access.

Oscar winner Jordan Peele’s reimaging of the classic sci-fi/horror anthology features an ensemble cast that consists of Peele (Get Out) as the host, Seth Rogen (Invincible) Greg Kinnear (Brigsby Bear), Kumail Nanjiani (The Big Sick), John Cho (Searching), Ike Barinholtz (Blockers), Taissa Farmiga (The Nun), Ginnifer Goodwin (Once Upon a Time), Luke Kirby (Glass), Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy), Adam Scott (Ghosted), Rhea Seehorn (Better Call Saul), Alison Tolman (Fargo), Jacob Tremblay (The Predator), Jessica Williams (The Incredible Jessica James), DeWanda Wise (She’s Gotta Have It), Steven Yeun (The Walking Dead), Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2, Joker), Betty Gabriel (Get Out), Percy Hynes White (Gifted), James Frain (True Blood), Tracy Morgan, Seth Rogen (Long Shot), Chris Dowd (Bridesmaids), and Amy Landecker (Transparent).

The original The Twilight Zone took viewers to another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. Created by Rod Serling, it was a journey into a wondrous land of imagination for five years on CBS, from 1959-1964. The godfather of sci-fi series, the show explored humanity’s hopes, despairs, prides and prejudices in metaphoric ways conventional drama could not.

The new Twilight Zone series is produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and Simon Kinberg’s Genre Films. Jordan Peele, Kinberg, and Marco Ramirez serve as executive producers for the series and collaborated on the premiere episode. Win Rosenfeld and Audrey Chon also serve as executive producers.

Season 1 of The Twilight Zone is currently streaming on CBS All Access with new episodes released every Thursday.

What a joke.

mae
04-29-2019, 03:17 PM
Why?

ratchet41
05-01-2019, 04:29 PM
i haven't seen the new one yet as we don't have all access but at some point i plan on giving it a chance. i liked the (2002) remake actually but there are a lot of them i didn't see such as The Sequel to The Good Life for example. however one thing with that one for the ones i did see they all seemed to 9 times out of 10 have such a downer of an ending for some reason. i dunno why i think that's why i stopped watching it cause the endings would always be that the leads are either going to die or were killed. if my memory serves me right. i dunno how good or bad the new one is yet as i like i said i haven't seen it but i hope it's better than that far far better than that

ratchet41
05-05-2019, 09:09 AM
i havne't seen the new one yet how good or bad is it?

Brian861
05-05-2019, 09:10 AM
i havne't seen the new one yet how good or bad is it?

Was wondering the same thing. If anyone has seen them all thus far.

ratchet41
05-05-2019, 09:19 AM
i love and adore the Original show and it's easily the best show of them all, they could make 500 more of them long after we are all dead on this planet and none of them will be as good as the Original. the 80's one is good but i haven't seen it in years. so don't remember it that much, the (2002) one i enjoyed as well the only thing that made me lose interest was now i dunno if all of them were like this, but the lead character 9 times out of 10 died in some way. some of them what i saw were good and i got tired of each story more or less ending the same way with the lead getting killed in some form by the writers, i just got tired of seeing it that's all so i haven't seen the sequel to the good life yet.

and that one is hated by so many people and it's i think really underrated that was my only gripe with it, now i dunno if that continued with the rest of the episodes but i hope it didn't. does anyone even know if each story ended that way of the entire shows run? i'm just curious that's all

Heather19
05-07-2019, 05:04 AM
Yes, I'm curious what peoples reactions to this series are. I haven't heard anyone talking about it, good or bad. Is it just that no one has CBS all access? I'll eventually catch it when it finally makes it to dvd.

webstar1000
05-07-2019, 05:13 AM
Yes, I'm curious what peoples reactions to this series are. I haven't heard anyone talking about it, good or bad. Is it just that no one has CBS all access? I'll eventually catch it when it finally makes it to dvd.

I have been watching it... and yes it is VERY WELL done. I am not a fan of contained shows... I LOVE a show that makes me hit go on the next one. I am watching it like an anthology and am enjoying it:) Can I ask? The original one... was that a continuing story or each episode self contained?

becca69
05-07-2019, 07:02 AM

I have been watching it... and yes it is VERY WELL done. I am not a fan of contained shows... I LOVE a show that makes me hit go on the next one. I am watching it like an anthology and am enjoying it:) Can I ask? The original one... was that a continuing story or each episode self contained?

I don't have All Access but really want to watch - I'm not about to pay for another service though - between Nextflix and a very expensive cable service, it won't do it. I think maybe Prime members have it but I don't do that either.

The episodes in the original TZ were self contained.

Heather19
05-07-2019, 09:20 AM

Oh, good to hear. Yes the original episodes were each a separate story. I highly recommend checking it out if you've never seen them.

Brian861
05-08-2019, 10:39 AM

I don't have All Access but really want to watch - I'm not about to pay for another service though - between Nextflix and a very expensive cable service, it won't do it. I think maybe Prime members have it but I don't do that either.

The episodes in the original TZ were self contained.

You can subscribe to CBS All Access via Prime but it's not included with the membership.

ratchet41
05-08-2019, 08:56 PM
i love and adore the Original show and i'm actually watching it right now season 1 episode #2 one for the angel's a pretty good one too i think. anyone who loved or hated the new one and haven't seen the Original show no doubt will love it more than any of the others i think. but than some love the 80's one more so to each their own. i don't think the 80's one is awful at all i just love the Original the most that's all.

Brian861
05-08-2019, 10:12 PM
i love and adore the Original show and i'm actually watching it right now season 1 episode #2 one for the angel's a pretty good one too i think. anyone who loved or hated the new one and haven't seen the Original show no doubt will love it more than any of the others i think. but than some love the 80's one more so to each their own. i don't think the 80's one is awful at all i just love the Original the most that's all.

Nothing is ever going to be as good as the original. Those are timeless.

ratchet41
05-08-2019, 10:18 PM
exactly, now don't get me wrong there are a lot of clunkers in there i mean the show did have #156 episodes after all, and some of them most popular like the one with Agnes Moorehead i can't stand that one i find it boring as hell.

but others love it for some reason. the 1st one i ever saw oh and sorry for repeating the same thing in a post that i had written when i rejoined the site it was still waiting for approval and i just plump forgot about it. the 1st one i ever saw was Where is everybody? funny enough but for those who have never seen it the best years are easily easily seasons 1-3. season 4 is decent but when they went to 1 hr that didn't always work but Printers Devil is fucking Genius and easily the best one they did.
with the 2nd one with Robert Duvall the 2nd best one i think. season 5 isn't bad it's a vast improvement but by than Rod Serling who in all wrote #92 episodes and that doesn't include the stuff that he wrote that was never used at all.

was as he later said was running on fumes by than and that's why he wanted to leave the show at the end of the 5th season and i dunno if season 6 would have still been good without him at the helm but who knows? ya know?

webstar1000
05-09-2019, 10:13 AM
MAN this show is great. Love 6/7 episodes so far.. and SOME? WOW

ratchet41
05-13-2019, 08:05 PM
you mean the new one is great? i still need to watch the new one but honestly i think the show works better when it's a half an hr. case in point if you watch season 4 of the Original show which was an hr long with commerical's. some of them were really bad and others were really good and it's true that you can say that about any of the seasons but i dunno i think some of those stories in season 4 would have done better as a story had it been a shorter episode. but the best one i think from season 4 is prolly A Printers Devil i think it's called? with the late and great Burgress Merideth. i think i spelled his name right? that one is well worth watching and i could watch that episode if it was 2 hrs long! that's how good it is

ratchet41
05-20-2019, 06:02 AM
i'm up to season 2 of the Original show and i just watched Nick of time a favorite of mine with Shatner and that one for me is far far better than nightmare at 20,000 Feet. i dunno why but i've always thought the one with John Lithgow was much better and more scarier too. i think the next i need to watch is The Lateness of the Hour which is a good one as well with a twist ending i never did like but the episode is a good one though

mae
01-15-2020, 05:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xTXqg41t5g

tippy4
01-27-2020, 01:40 PM

An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge.

This episode is never run on TV.......gotta look to the box set to find it.

Not originally shot to be a Twilight Zone....but Serling ran it as one.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=An+Occurrence+At+Owl+Creek+Bridge&view=detail&mid=1407BE6E64982739CE0A1407BE6E64982739CE0A&FORM=VIRE

Heather19
01-27-2020, 02:09 PM
Just looked up the synopsis, and it doesn't sound familiar. I feel like there's still quite a few episodes I haven't seen. They do seem to show the same ones over and over on tv. I'll watch it later tonight :D

Ricky
01-27-2020, 03:05 PM
I got the original series box set for Christmas last year, so I know there's lots I haven't seen. But some favorites of mine are: Living Doll, Number 12 Looks Just Like You, and Eye of the Beholder.

dnemec
01-27-2020, 06:49 PM
I got the original series box set for Christmas last year, so I know there's lots I haven't seen. But some favorites of mine are: Living Doll, Number 12 Looks Just Like You, and Eye of the Beholder.

The Living Doll is my absolute favorite!

<-----------------------------------------------------

Heather19
01-28-2020, 05:39 AM
Living Doll is a classic. Love that one as well.

An Occurrence At Owl Creek Bridge.

This episode is never run on TV.......gotta look to the box set to find it.

Not originally shot to be a Twilight Zone....but Serling ran it as one.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=An+Occurrence+At+Owl+Creek+Bridge&view=detail&mid=1407BE6E64982739CE0A1407BE6E64982739CE0A&FORM=VIRE

Watched this one last night. Wow, that was quite different. I can't believe I never heard about this episode before. It's interesting that he took a short French film and incorporated it into the series. Thanks for mentioning it.

ratchet41
01-30-2020, 08:18 PM
i've been watching the Original series again i had to take a break from it for awhile because i had gotten burnt out by it. i'm still on season 2 now i'm up to " Back There' the Abe Lincoln time travel episode with Russell Johnson is in that one. the i think 2nd appearance he did for the show. a good one too that i just have not watched yet, last one i watched was "Dust' which i thought was boring for years but now i really like it.

mae
05-11-2020, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs1W2kVnZNA

Heather19
03-24-2021, 03:55 PM
I just started watching the new series. I've been jumping around and watching random episodes that sounded good because I only have Paramount + for another week. But so far I've mostly been enjoying the ones I've seen. I especially loved the reimagining of Nightmare at 20,000 feet. I loved how they took the story and made something new out it.

ratchet41
03-24-2021, 07:42 PM
i still haven't seen any of the new show and it's since been cancelled apparently

Heather19
03-25-2021, 08:30 AM
Oh really, that's a bummer. It's not nearly as good as the original, but there have been some good episodes out of the ones I've watched.

Ricky
03-25-2021, 02:14 PM
Yeah, it was cancelled. The only episode I saw was the comedian one with the guy who wrote The Big Sick (whose name I can't remember now!)