PDA

View Full Version : 'Salem's Lot: Nocturnal Readers Edition

Samsteele
04-27-2018, 10:02 AM
Hey Everyone! So I hope this is OK, but I wanted to invite everyone to check out our newsletter regarding the Special edition of Salem's Lot that we are publishing. Its got a little artist info, plus purchases are entered to win a #'ed Desperation and one of only two proofs for Salem's Lot, also we will love you.

5% of the proceeds from the sale will go to the fundraiser while its active, and directly to the Haven foundation after. If you have any questions, concerns, or just curiosities, you can address them here or email me at thenocturnalreadersbox@gmail.com

I am also going to be working on some slipcases for collectors that will also go into the pool of customers, but I'm sure if you email me, we can figure something out. Thanks everyone. Feel free to subscribe to the mailing list after you visit it if you want to stay up on production and general cool stuff.

-Vince

https://mailchi.mp/9ef392556f77/salems-lot-infofundraiser

Merlin1958
04-27-2018, 10:24 AM
Very Cool!!!!!

If I may, exactly what is the deal with these books? I mean is there a DJ? Are you actually publishing these with permissions? Are these "Re-Binds". What about the boards and paper? Is there a number line to indicate 1/1?

I apologize if this sort of stuff has been covered previously. Just curious before I purchase.

jhanic
04-27-2018, 10:39 AM
Vince, could you provide more details regarding the 'Salems Lit proof? I'd like to add it to the listing of SK proofs in this forum. I try to keep the listing as comprehensive as possible.

John

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-27-2018, 11:09 AM
I tried to buy one, but the 10% off did not work, and it says this is a subscription. So I backed off for now. Do I have to make a username and password first? I only want the King box at this time.

Samsteele
04-27-2018, 04:08 PM
Very Cool!!!!!

If I may, exactly what is the deal with these books? I mean is there a DJ? Are you actually publishing these with permissions? Are these "Re-Binds". What about the boards and paper? Is there a number line to indicate 1/1?

I apologize if this sort of stuff has been covered previously. Just curious before I purchase.

Hey, so we purchased the printing rights for the title. It is being co-published with Double Day (Penguin), but the ISBN (9780525615552), art, print run, etc, is owned by us. We are basically using their printing services because they printed the original HC.

The boards are black, we have in-laid red foil designs going on the front and back and spine. the DJ is what you see in the newsletter, and the copyright page will say 1st NRB Special Edition.

There is no line for numbers, but its a complete new edition, not a re-bind or anything like that.

Samsteele
04-27-2018, 04:10 PM
I tried to buy one, but the 10% off did not work, and it says this is a subscription. So I backed off for now. Do I have to make a username and password first? I only want the King box at this time.

Hey, the coupon only works for the subscriptions, this is just a one time purchase not a subscription :) I think you have to make an account, but only so it can add you to the production mailing list and that cool stuff.

Samsteele
04-27-2018, 04:11 PM
Vince, could you provide more details regarding the 'Salems Lit proof? I'd like to add it to the listing of SK proofs in this forum. I try to keep the listing as comprehensive as possible.

John

Sure, we should be getting our two proofs from the printer in a couple weeks and I will send you some pictures or info. but I shall keep everyone updated!!

Samsteele
04-27-2018, 04:18 PM
Also, just raised another $300 for the fundraiser just today!! Thanks everyone!

jhanic
04-27-2018, 04:46 PM

John

Sure, we should be getting our two proofs from the printer in a couple weeks and I will send you some pictures or info. but I shall keep everyone updated!!

Thanks!

John

Merlin1958
04-27-2018, 07:48 PM
Very Cool!!!!!

Hey, so we purchased the printing rights for the title. It is being co-published with Double Day (Penguin), but the ISBN (9780525615552), art, print run, etc, is owned by us. We are basically using their printing services because they printed the original HC.

The boards are black, we have in-laid red foil designs going on the front and back and spine. the DJ is what you see in the newsletter, and the copyright page will say 1st NRB Special Edition.

There is no line for numbers, but its a complete new edition, not a re-bind or anything like that.

Cool. Thank you!!!

Randall Flagg
04-28-2018, 11:49 AM
It should be noted that Vincent and his wife (DBA-NRB) have donated $800 so far!

Father Cody
04-28-2018, 12:29 PM
It should be noted that Vincent and his wife (DBA-NRB) have donated $800 so far!

Do you list all significant donations or donors somewhere on the site?

Randall Flagg
04-28-2018, 01:18 PM

No. I do mention donors when allowed. "Significant" is a tough word as donors up to $200 receive one entry towards our Grand prize per $10 donated (max 20 entries). The folks who donate directly or through auction items that exceed $200 are very much appreciated, but EVERY donor is significant.

Hunchback Jack
04-28-2018, 08:29 PM

No. I do mention donors when allowed. "Significant" is a tough word as donors up to $200 receive one entry towards our Grand prize per $10 donated (max 20 entries). The folks who donate directly or through auction items that exceed $200 are very much appreciated, but EVERY donor is significant.

Well said, RF!

Father Cody
04-29-2018, 03:47 AM

Of course. “Substantial” would’ve been a better word. Only curious because I’ve seen other organizations list donors in tiers on their sites and/or at their physical locations on a wall where everyone would see. I was interested in taking a look if there was something like that here.

becca69
04-29-2018, 07:01 AM
There is a donation wall list for 2010-2014 on the home page.

Father Cody
04-29-2018, 07:04 AM
There is a donation wall list for 2010-2014 on the home page.

Thanks, Becca.

Randall Flagg
04-29-2018, 09:41 AM
The walls are like a time machine. Interesting to see names from the past, as well as from the present.

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-29-2018, 12:55 PM
All in all, I'm just another name on the wall.

Randall Flagg
04-29-2018, 01:17 PM
All in all, I'm just another name on the wall.
"If you don't (contribute to the fundraiser) eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding..."

Samsteele
05-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Guys, check out the shirt and pin designs that will be coming with the book.https://s3.amazonaws.com/cratejoy_vendor_images/dabe5c047567470e80f0612b958db3d7.jpeghttps://s3.amazonaws.com/cratejoy_vendor_images/5f2ba7fabd1c404ebe97d682cc30baf0.jpeg

Dave1442397
05-20-2018, 03:10 AM
I like the shirt, but it should say 'Salem's Lot - it's missing the first apostrophe.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-20-2018, 04:24 AM
I ordered one last week.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-20-2018, 09:57 AM
I like the shirt, but it should say 'Salem's Lot - it's missing the first apostrophe.

...and the S in 'salem should be lower case. It is short for Jerusalem.

Randall Flagg
05-20-2018, 11:06 AM
It's very common for the "S" in 'Salem's Lot to be capitalized, or for all of the letters in 'SALEM'S LOT to be capitalized. Almost every book cover is one of those two ways.

It is uncommon, and incorrect to omit the apostrophe preceding "S".

Merlin1958
05-20-2018, 11:12 AM
Board full of English teachers, eh? lol

ICry4Oy
05-20-2018, 11:58 AM
I'd have liked the shirt more without the words.

Samsteele
05-20-2018, 01:53 PM
It'll be fixed :) thanks For pointing it out

Brian861
05-21-2018, 05:06 AM

Kinda like when folks state things "say" vs. "reads".

Father Cody
05-21-2018, 05:11 AM

Kinda like when folks state things "say" vs. "reads".

I didn’t start correcting myself on that until, say, when I joined this forum.

amd013
05-21-2018, 08:49 AM
I'd have liked the shirt more without the words.

I have the opposite opinion. I would not wear it without the words, otherwise 99% of the people who see me in it would have no idea what it is supposed to be.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-21-2018, 10:57 AM
I would like a holographic shirt that projects the words ten feet in front of me as I walk down the street.
That's a sure way to pick up girls.

Brian861
05-22-2018, 06:40 PM
I would like a holographic shirt that projects the words ten feet in front of me as I walk down the street.
That's a sure way to pick up girls.

:wtf:

Merlin1958
06-07-2018, 05:15 PM
I've noticed some very cool items coming from these guys over the last few weeks. Saw them on FB, but I'll be damned if I know how to post them here!! lol lol

Br!an
07-01-2018, 03:37 AM
From Vincent...

"King Box production update

So from what I know thus far, the foil dies and cutting dies were damaged in transit (I can post the email when I have more time), so no matter the situation, we would have been delayed anyway. They rush ordered more so hopefully once they get those, I can finally get a dummy copy and they should be bound. Its a lengthy process, so please continue patience and we promise you'll love it so much! "

Br!an
08-08-2018, 11:09 AM
From the recent newsletter:

"KING BOX

We are working with the publisher to try and speed up production. We should actually have some images for you soon. The early copies will be heading out to the artist in the next couple weeks for remarques, and I will finish my order for the slipcases for those that want them. I will have a mock up of those in the next week or so as well."

This was expected to be published in mid-June. "early copies?" :orely:

Br!an
08-27-2018, 02:15 PM
The latest excuse from this piece of shit...

So there's a lot of craziness going on with this order. So lets address a few things I've seen. Anything you have read anywhere not by us is likely a rumor or just false. (Fixed it.)

We purchased an ISBN and rights to publish this book with a publisher's help. We are actually, contractually, the sole publisher. But we are using a professional publisher and their help getting everything done. With that said, I can't just call the printer and demand an update as much as I wish I could.

The Last Update I got last week was this:

Vincent,

I wish I had more to tell you, but I don't have much since last week. We had to reformat the text again because it didn't quite fit the correct dimensions. Other than that the boards are all being stamped. I hesitate to give you more of an update because I am not sure just yet on the end date. Once we get this part done with the formatting, we will be waiting on Chuck for the new cover page approval and we can move forward. One last thing, can you send me the artist's mailing address so that once they do get done with formatting, we can send some pages to be remarqued? Or are you wanting to do tip in pages?

From reading this explanation, it seems that nothing has been printed which means he was lying (big surprise) in his past updates.

May 17 - "Just wanted to update everyone on production of Salem's Lot. We are still on track to start shipping for the end of June! "

How so if nothing has actually been done?

June 6 - "King Box Update: Everything is still on track for the end of the month/early July. It should be heading to the binder next week"

How so if nothing has been done?

June 18 - "King Box Update: Everything is on track to ship early/mid July. It went to the printer and is being reviewed. It should head to the binder at the end of next week and our foil stamping should be done soon as well."

How so if nothing has been done?

Vincent then went off the rails on the crazy train...

July 1 - "So from what I know thus far, the foil dies and cutting dies were damaged in transit (I can post the email when I have more time), so no matter the situation, we would have been delayed anyway. They rush ordered more so hopefully once they get those, I can finally get a dummy copy and they should be bound."

Yeah, right.

July 9 - "So we got in the cutting dies and they are perfect. The foil printing dies are still being worked and should ship back soon. I have a call with the publisher to see how long the process is after that comes in before I can get my early copy/dummy copy for slipcases."

Yeah, right... again.

July 24 - "I was working on getting an update for tomorrow, but as of now the dies are in we are just waiting on production."

Just waiting for the book that should have been published in June.

July 31 - "We are well into full production now, and things are going great. I do not currently have a time line but since I was away for a while I and the dies had to be replaced I think that we are a couple months behind. "

This are going so great that nothing has been printed since the formatting isn't right. A couple of months behind would mean they should be shipping now.

August 7 - "We are working with the publisher to try and speed up production. We should actually have some images for you soon. The early copies will be heading out to the artist in the next couple weeks for remarques, and I will finish my order for the slipcases for those that want them. I will have a mock up of those in the next week or so as well. "

Just more bullshit.

I was going to wait on this book. Now I could not care less. I will be cancelling both of my orders and disputing the charge with PayPal. I refuse to do business with a liar and a thief. I will not purchase one on the aftermarket if it ever does become available. This is likely going to be the least desirable King book ever published. There are 2000 copies. NRB has, according to Vincent, more that 2000 customers. He still hasn't sold out. Many of the orders placed have now been cancelled. King made the right call by not signing. He made a mistake by letting these clowns publish anything of his.

Merlin1958
08-27-2018, 03:38 PM
You know, I don't know if he already orf not, but it would be informative to get, Paul's take on some of this stuff. I understand if he has been staying away as a sort of "Professional Courtesy" or the like and I can respect that. However, Paul kinda wears two hats being a member here as well. So, Paul if you can put on your "Member hat" for a moment and take off your "Publisher Hat" I think we could all benefit from your unique insight on what this gentleman claims to be happening in the process.

Of course, if you feel its some sort of a conflict I daresay I/we will fully understand. I know I only know enough about the entire process to be dangerous!!! lol lol

Randall Flagg
08-27-2018, 03:59 PM
You know, I don't know if he already orf not, but it would be informative to get, Paul's take on some of this stuff. I understand if he has been staying away as a sort of "Professional Courtesy" or the like and I can respect that. However, Paul kinda wears two hats being a member here as well. So, Paul if you can put on your "Member hat" for a moment and take off your "Publisher Hat" I think we could all benefit from your unique insight on what this gentleman claims to be happening in the process.

Of course, if you feel its some sort of a conflict I daresay I/we will fully understand. I know I only know enough about the entire process to be dangerous!!! lol lol

Paul has other things on his plate. Please don't bug him with this type of request.

Merlin1958
08-27-2018, 04:43 PM

Paul has other things on his plate. Please don't bug him with this type of request.

My apologies. I was unaware of the situation when I posted this request. Visited this thread before the Suntup thread. Consider it rescinded for now of course.

Br!an
08-27-2018, 05:20 PM
I filed a PP dispute.

I purchased two NRB Special Editions of Salem's Lot, a collectible shirt/tote bag, and enamel pin. One order with the shirt and one with the tote bag. The items were scheduled to ship at the end of June. NRB sells monthly boxes and this was an extra special edition box. The item never arrived. NRB hasn't fulfilled their June, July or August orders either. I've been receiving updates that are contradictory. The owner is apparently a liar and a thief. I simply want my money back. He can keep the product.

Vincent replied...

What updates are contradictory? and about half of July has gone out and the rest will be gone soon. No one is a thief or a liar. Its kind of disgusting for you to make these types of accusations when you are no longer a subscriber, and have no information that isn't second hand. Just because its on the internet doesn't mean it true and if you want to keep name calling, you can review your Terms of Service.

Notice how he doesn't address my request for a refund? :orely:

I then basically posted the contradictory NRB updates listed above.

Vincent contacted me by email.

Hey Brian, I would love to. [Issue a refund] Unfortunately I cannot do that because you opened up an inquiry on Paypal. It is already holding the funds as a mediator, so even if I tried to refund you, it wouldn't let me. If you want to cancel it, I can refund you immediately, but not until then. I understand if you want to leave it be, just letting you know it can take a pretty long time for them to release funds.

I replied...

All you have to do is agree the item hasn't shipped and PayPal will issue the refund.

It isn't difficult. Saying that it isn't possible is just another one of your lies.

Go ahead and refuse to refund me if you prefer. PayPal will make it right.

If that's the path you choose then I'll just continue informing others of your lack of character.

What a loser POS.

Father Cody
08-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Holy shit! The guy’s just not cut out for business. Glad you’re giving him hell. It’s certainly warranted! And although it doesn’t matter at this point, didn’t you get the info from his email blast? I got the same email and I’m not a subscriber. He doesn’t even know that he’s sending emails to non-subscribers. What a fucking tool.

Heather19
08-27-2018, 05:41 PM
At least you got a response from him. He's been ignoring me. I don't know why he thinks treating his customers like this would be a good thing to do.

Br!an
08-27-2018, 05:49 PM
Adam, I don't think he'll be in business much longer.

Heather, I got a response just after I filed the dispute with PayPal. He took that seriously.

I escalated the dispute to a case. PayPal will now review it and no doubt issue me a refund.

Vincent can now dither around for 20 days without issuing the refund before PayPal will do so.

What are the odds he'll be a stand up guy and agree to the refund immediately? Not very good I'm afraid.

My statement to PayPal...

I don't think the seller is ever going to produce the product. He's been having serious financial, business and personal problems for months now. I know of dozens of people who have not received the product they ordered from him. He continues to lie about almost everything. He keeps selling but he isn't delivering. I don't want the product, which doesn't even exist at this point. I simply want a refund. He contacted me through email claiming that he couldn't issue the refund now since PayPal is involved. Just another one of his lies. Please issue me the refund before he goes bankrupt.

Jimimck
08-27-2018, 06:48 PM
The fact he hasn't been here in this group since May reinforces my opinion he only came here to begin with as a BS attempt to try and appease those of us complaining about his attitude and communication. If he was dedicated to customer relations, he'd still be here. But instead he has retreated to the social media where he can delete, censor and block people who speak out against him. Typical coward behaviour imo.

Father Cody
08-27-2018, 06:55 PM
I just can’t get over the way he acts like the customer owes him something. Been seeing more and more of that shit lately. Must be a generational thing because it only started a few years ago. Apparently now the customer is always wrong.

Jimimck
08-27-2018, 07:10 PM
The customer is always a prick in his mind...

Merlin1958
08-27-2018, 07:24 PM
The fact he hasn't been here in this group since May reinforces my opinion he only came here to begin with as a BS attempt to try and appease those of us complaining about his attitude and communication. If he was dedicated to customer relations, he'd still be here. But instead he has retreated to the social media where he can delete, censor and block people who speak out against him. Typical coward behaviour imo.

You know, James I can't really argue given the state of affairs, but FWIW and to be completely maybe not fair but honest about the situation and his state of mind, I think that when he came here and posted and then made a ($800) donation to the fund raiser, I really think that in his mind he felt he could make a comeback. I'm not making any excuses for the guy or his company just trying to get an honest handle on the situation. Obviously, and he actually said as much, the guy has some mental issues. be it PTSD or Bi-Polar or whatever he is not in good mental shape and should not be in business. I think he was honestly trying to crawl back, but he never really had a shot though he probably didn't want to admit it.

The whole thing is really a pretty sad story if we can believe anything that he has publicly told people. Don't get me wrong I am in no way condoning his behavior or the way he has treated paying customers and its pretty fucked up that a lot of folks are most likely going to come out of this thing losing their hard earned dollars. You know, I can sort of understand, but again not condone or justify, his behavior in light of possible PTSD on a veteran, but WTF about his family, friends and fellow NRB employees/partners. You'd think somebody might stand up and just say enough is enough and do what they can to repair the situation as best they can and just shut it down.

Anyway, like I said its a damn shame all around and at this point its probably better if it just came to an end and everyone could just count up their losses and move on. I think I mentioned before that from a small press business standpoint he has fallen into a common syndrome all too familiar to that business. Throw in mental issues and what not and that's a really bad mix. i feel for all those who stand to lose their money and just wish this guy would give up the ghost already. he ain't making any kind of a comeback at this point and should just save everyone the suspense and anxiety of prolonging the inevitable.

Br!an
08-28-2018, 04:20 AM
Vincent...

Its not about that at all, and how about you chill out with your petty threats and name calling? I didn't do a damn thing to you! I just agreed to refund you. If I agree to the dispute, then it counts as a lost dispute on my account. Not that you give a shit, but I do.

Inform away! I have respect for people on the forum who I've spoken to, you want to use it to bully me into just taking the hit, and to shit talk. You think because you have an online status that you can make me do whatever you want?

You need to grow up. The book is late, I apologized, AND agreed to refund you. You don't want to take it, that's on you. I hope you have a good night! 🌙

My reply...

The only way I can drop the dispute is to state that it is resolved. It is not resolved. It will be resolved when you agree to the refund or PayPal issues it. Are you man enough to live up to your responsibilities and issue the refund?[/I] (We all know the answer to that.)

[I]You may well have respect for members on the forum. I doubt there is a single member who has any respect left for you, since you are seemingly undeserving of it. You came on the site trying to clean up your reputation by making a charity donation and claiming that you were "going to be so fucking nice." That never happened. You and your business simply went downhill from there.

There are still members who don't have their June boxes, which you claim will be shipping today. That may well be true. The problem being no one believes a word you say anymore.

What a way to run a railroad!”

jeffingoff
08-28-2018, 05:33 AM
My assessment of the situation (that no one asked for or needs): Vincent is Icarus. They guy has tremendous ambition and huge ideas. I just think he bit off more than he can chew and he's so prideful that he will break before he bows under the pressure. He's been trying to stay one step ahead of disaster and he sees the customers as dogs nipping at his heels. He needed a sales rep or a strong business partner to act as a buffer between him and the customers. He needed someone to tell him to fly a little lower and find that sweet spot.

Br!an
08-28-2018, 05:41 AM
My assessment of the situation (that no one asked for or needs): Vincent is Icarus. They guy has tremendous ambition and huge ideas. I just think he bit off more than he can chew and he's so prideful that he will break before he bows under the pressure. He's been trying to stay one step ahead of disaster and he sees the customers as dogs nipping at his heels. He needed a sales rep or a strong business partner to act as a buffer between him and the customers. He needed someone to tell him to fly a little lower and find that sweet spot.

Great metaphor. I also think he's going down in flames.

Hunchback Jack
08-28-2018, 09:49 AM

I think you nailed it.

I'm still less ready to call Vincent out as someone deliberately trying to rip people off. I think he is just inexperienced, and some bad choices/bad circumstances got him into a desperate cash flow problem. He is now in the situation where he has to fulfill hundreds of orders using money he doesn't have, or can't afford to spend because of future orders.

So he's under an enormous amount of stress, so he lashes out at customers who want refunds (because they are now part of the cash flow problem). He has started playing loose with the facts about boxes lost in shipping to stall for time, so that new subscriptions can bring in enough money to get the remaining boxes out. And all the bad will on social media makes it even less likely that new subscriptions will bring in enough funds to enable him to get out of this hole.

Part of me feels bad for the guy. But that doesn't excuse his attitude or dishonesty in trying to get out of this mess.

HBJ

Hunchback Jack
08-28-2018, 09:52 AM
By the way, just a personal comment on the past claims of progress on the Salem's Lot edition:

I'm not sure he was lying when it came to the status of the Salem's Lot project. For a long time, he was saying things were "on track" (although the delivery date kept slipping out), and now we hear it has not yet been printed. I'm not a publisher, but I could believe that an enormous amount of work needs to be done before a title is ready for the printer. So I can believe that work was actually being done when he said things were "on track" - he was just being unrealistically optimistic about how long it would take to get the book to the printer (and the binder after that).

HBJ

dnemec
09-03-2018, 02:44 PM
I finally filed a dispute with PP to get my money back for the King Box. I would've liked the book, but I have no faith it will ever get here and I don't want to be out the money I paid. And now the wait...

Br!an
09-04-2018, 04:03 AM
I finally filed a dispute with PP to get my money back for the King Box. I would've liked the book, but I have no faith it will ever get here and I don't want to be out the money I paid. And now the wait...

Did you elevate it to a claim? If not, do so.

dnemec
09-04-2018, 06:02 AM

Don't I have to wait to do that?

Heather19
09-04-2018, 06:05 AM
I filed a dispute with my cc. They refunded me for July and Aug, but I have to wait until Oct 23 to hear about this one, unless they actually respond to it sooner, but I won't hold my breath on it.

Br!an
09-04-2018, 06:31 AM

You can escalate to a case anytime in the next twenty days. Once you escalate PayPal will review it within ten days, so you speed things up by making it a case.

They do want you to try to work it out though.

He refused to issue the refund for me. I escalated the dispute to a case.

dnemec
09-04-2018, 09:52 AM

You can escalate to a case anytime in the next twenty days. Once you escalate PayPal will review it within ten days, so you speed things up by making it a case.

They do want you to try to work it out though.

He refused to issue the refund for me. I escalated the dispute to a case.

Thanks! I'll give him a couple days to respond, but I doubt he will. Apparently he hasn't been replying to some of the PP claims. Shocking, I know.

Ben Staad
09-04-2018, 10:02 AM
So...Should I sign up for the upcoming box? What would be the worth and value? :ny-yankees-baseball

Br!an
09-04-2018, 10:14 AM
So...Should I sign up for the upcoming box? What would be the worth and value? :ny-yankees-baseball

:rofl:
So I was an NRB subscriber who actually reviewed them for a horror website I worked for, and while the quality of the box has decreased each month, I was still rooting for them. But this craziness has gone SO far beyond, and I cancelled a few months ago during the original June debacle. After all of the drama and repeatedly getting non-working tracking numbers, etc. I got my June box yesterday. SUCH a joke. The box's contents are worth maybe $10 total.

It also comes with a free ball kick. :Ball Kick:

dnemec
09-06-2018, 05:24 PM
I have no idea what happened, but I got my money back! I can't tell if Vincent refunded me or PP decided on my favor. The closed case says both. Regardless, woo hoo! Now...I am looking to buy myself an actual book!

Beverly Marsh
09-07-2018, 09:30 AM
I have no idea what happened, but I got my money back! I can't tell if Vincent refunded me or PP decided on my favor. The closed case says both. Regardless, woo hoo! Now...I am looking to buy myself an actual book!
Congrats Dez you lucky #$@*&! :biggrin:

Br!an
09-07-2018, 01:25 PM

It seems that he agreed to the refund.

He must have made a mistake. :orely:

Father Cody
09-07-2018, 01:26 PM

:rofl:

Ben Staad
09-07-2018, 02:36 PM
Maybe he was so exhausted from shipping boxes and wasn't thinking clearly.

Br!an
09-08-2018, 08:48 AM

Great metaphor. I also think he's going down in flames.

Part of a recent newsletter...

Am I Icarus?

yeah, I'd say that's a pretty good description J.

Are the other King Items in production?

Not the shirts because we had a few to sell, and now we have a bunch of disputes so I don't want to buy a crazy amount of shirts in the wrong size. The pins, yes. I will ask for some pictures. No Idea where they are in production because that is easily replaced and not my biggest concern. I know several people who do good work and can get them done fast if anything should happen to this shipment so rest easy on that, not that anyone is super concerned.

Are we not going to respond to comments anymore?

No that's crazy. We are not going to answer questions in the comment sections anymore though. That adds way too much confusion.

Am I ever going to take responsibility for being so far behind?

I thought I had. Maybe it wasn't clear enough because my messages are so confusing. I am sorry that we got behind. I used to love doing this job and interacting with everyone, and creating for you, but that stopped when I was admitted (until I got deep into Sept. box). I was behind a few weeks and with the luck of a dumpster fire, a series of events created all of the delay. Have I lied? Absolutely not. Regardless of what some people want to think, I have tried to give the most accurate timeline I could. There's tons of theories swirling around, and there is no credence to them. Yeah I may have put out a statement that was confusing, but I didn't lie to anyone. We've just had horrible luck and I haven't been a very happy person. The non-productive threats and demand that I get don't help so I tend to not handle that well either so I am sorry. I am Icarus, but I think I am leveling out. At least I hope so.

(IF YOU FILED A DISPUTE THERE'S A CHANCE IT WONT WORK, BUT THATS NOT ME ITS THE SYSTEM).

Father Cody
09-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Hi Vincent :D