PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Collecting Goals

webstar1000
12-06-2017, 05:56 AM
Hey All, I could not find a thread for next years collecting goals but I have mine:

- My Pretty Pony in the original traycase
- FINE/FINE US IT 1st
- Duddits Hard cover (mostly need a jacket)
- King Signed UK Choo Choo 1/1000
- To go to another King event in 2018

The Library Policeman
12-06-2017, 06:09 AM
I’m taking the year off. Saving for Orlando in early 2019. My daughter will be 5, so it’s Mickey & Minnie all the way :)

MikeDuke
12-06-2017, 06:16 AM
I don't know how much I can do in 2018 but here is my list
- Christine S\L
- The Talisman S\L
- other affordable (to me) S\L
- Signed outsider/limited outsider (hopefully)
- Some proofs
If I happen to find some other stuff that is in my range, that I like.

biomieg
12-06-2017, 06:38 AM
My goals are to obtain:

1) a nice 3d state 'Salem's Lot
2) perhaps a 1st ed. Gunslinger (I have a great 2nd edition and never really felt the need to upgrade)
3) a few Signet 1st/1st mass-market paperbacks from the 80s in nice condition
4) trade editions of new King books

And I hope to sell a few books that I no longer need ('Salem's Lot Centipede gift ed., a few UK 1sts including The Stand and Danse Macabre, Dolan's Cadillac proof, maybe a few CD/PS gift editions, ...)

If anyone can help me out with goals 1) and 2), I'd be happy to do a trade + cash deal...

Randall Flagg
12-06-2017, 06:55 AM
"Lettered" PC of Colorado Kid. Chadbourne version.
Attend a King event.
Signed "The Outsider".
Lettered Gwendy's Button Box
Lettered Sleeping Beauties
Lettered The Outsider
Whelan Art from Knowing Darkness

stroppygoblin
12-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Books on the 2018 wishlist
- Green Mile S/L
- Hoping for an Outsider S/L (US and or UK)
- at least 2 more Lettered copies for my Books about King subcollection

Guaranteed for 2018:
- Sleeping Beauties S/L
- Gwendy's Button Box S/L
- Fire-starter Rebound (may see this in 2017!)
- IT Rebound

Zidan
12-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Assuming all goes well, 2018 will mark my first full year as a SK collector. I've only been collecting his books since July 2017 so I have quite a few items on my wishlist that many have long owned.

My goals (no particular order):
- First signed King book
- Obtain all of SK 1st US editions (I know I will struggle w/ early Doubleday books at reasonable prices but no use not trying)
- Obtain all of SK's books in Arabic
- The Dead Zone (1st edition Easton Press + Slipcase)
- One For The Road (Unsigned)
- The Plant (A Privately Bound Copy)
- Obtain something published on Philtrum Press
- Try and get some gift editions (Lettered books out of my reach for now)

Non-SK collecting goals
- Complete my collection of Naguib Mahfouz (Egypt's Nobel Prize Laureate in Literature) books in English. His work was translated and published on Doubleday in the early 90s. Looking for proofs & 1st editions. Already have his books in Arabic. I can't afford signed copies, though. Even in English, his signature is worth more than I can pay at age 26.

The Library Policeman
12-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Guaranteed for 2018:
- Sleeping Beauties S/L
- Gwendy's Button Box S/L

I forgot about those, Simon. It seems I am still in the game next year after all.

St. Troy
12-06-2017, 01:01 PM

Over the last year, it seemed every book fair I attended had copies of Philtrum's Eyes Of The Dragon; hopefully availability will work in your favor (for everything else on your list as well, of course).

...at age 26.

You have plenty of time! Just keep at it; slow and steady will win this race.

Hunchback Jack
12-06-2017, 03:02 PM
My realistic list for 2018:
- Sleeping Beauties S/L (already ordered)
- Hoping for an Outsider S/L (US or UK)
- One other affordable King S/L
- Affordable (read: dinged up) copy of Gunslinger 1984 edition

Aspirational:
- Gunslinger S/L
- TWTTK S/L
- A nicer copy of NEL The Long Walk 1st
- IT "Special Collector's Edition" NEL PB

... and a *heap* of Non-King stuff.

HBJ

Aronstg
12-06-2017, 03:06 PM
2018 was a good year for me.. scoring a few things I've been trying to get for years.

2019 will be a rather small list

Different Seasons Signed 1st/1st
Pet Sematary Signed 1st/1st

HONKYTONKSMASH
12-06-2017, 03:25 PM
2018 was a good year for me.. scoring a few things I've been trying to get for years.

Are you from the future? How did 2018 go for me? :emot-cthulhu::biggrin:

The Library Policeman
12-06-2017, 03:51 PM

Haha :D

webstar1000
12-07-2017, 05:14 AM

lol

jsmcmullen92
12-07-2017, 06:18 AM
I feel like I have had the same list for the last few years...
Carrie 1/1
Rage 1/1
Long Walk 1/1
Roadwork US 1/1

Those are the last 4 books to complete my King books. For some reason it's very hard to justify dropping that kind of money on paperbacks and a really short novel. Oh well if a deal ever shows up I'll get it. If not you win some you lose some.

becca69
12-07-2017, 07:29 AM
Moving these from last year. I'm sure some will keep moving - haha!

1. Lettered Regulators
2. Gunslinger S/L PC
3. Any US or UK 1st Richard Bachman PBs
4. Any new signed and/or limited King titles

Ari_Racing
12-07-2017, 08:33 AM
I really like these kind of threads. :)

Alright, the last three years were really great for my collection, but since in 2018 I'll be paying the last installments of the house and the car I don't think I'll spend THAT much (unless I get a nice raise, which is currently under discussion). Let's see:

* The long walk UK 1st
* The running man UK 1st
* The Plant #3 unsigned
* The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
* The Gunslinger 1st Grant
* The Outsider US Proof
* The Outsider UK Proof
* The Outsider S/L if produced
* The four S/L I'm missing from Robert McCammon (Baal Deluxe, Swan Song Dark Harvest, The Five and Speaks The Nightbird)

* At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing: this one will be really tough, since the ones I'm missing are the most expensive ones with the exception of two I've been completely unable to find: Overlook Connection #15 - Winter 1991 and Know your world extra (The weekly reader corporation) Vol 39, n 2, 23_sept_2005 (I do have the other magazine that included this).

* At least 5 of the 9 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing.

* At least 2 of the 23 promo items I'm after.

* At least 2 more 1st edition books signed by King of the 47 I'm missing.

* At least 2 S/L KING books of the 12 I'm missing.

* At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 31 I'm missing.

* At least 1 of the three annuary books I'm missing.

* At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing.

* At least 15 of the 131 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.

* At least 5 of the 35 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.

* At least 2 of the 172 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece.

* The only Spanish edition I'm missing.

I built two previous grail lists and completed both, so I built a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take me a lot of time to get these but these are not current objectives:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
* Stories of Suspense
* One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.

frik
12-07-2017, 08:51 AM
Lettered The Outsider

Just wishful thinking or.......:confused:

sk

Zidan
12-07-2017, 10:28 AM

Over the last year, it seemed every book fair I attended had copies of Philtrum's Eyes Of The Dragon; hopefully availability will work in your favor (for everything else on your list as well, of course).

...at age 26.

You have plenty of time! Just keep at it; slow and steady will win this race.

Good advice. Really appreciate it. Thank you!

Aronstg
12-07-2017, 11:16 AM

Oops... you know when you get so busy you forget what day of the week it is? Well apparently I've lost all concept of what year I'm currently in.

HONKYTONKSMASH
12-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Oops... you know when you get so busy you forget what day of the week it is? Well apparently I've lost all concept of what year I'm currently in.

:emot-roflolmao::thumbsup:

amd013
12-07-2017, 10:47 PM
I exceeded my 2017 goals, lets see if I can meet 2018:

Acquire all missing CD limited editions

From a Buick 8 Gift Edition
From a Buick 8 Numbered edition
From a Buick 8 Lettered Edition
The Dark Man Lettered edition
Blockade Billy Limited edition
Blockade Bill Lettered edition
IT Lettered

Acquire all newly published edition
Acquire all US gift editions
Upgrade a few 1/1 editions (The Stand Uncut, Wolves of the Calla for starters)

Stretch goal: Matching set of Dark Tower

peripheral
12-08-2017, 02:07 AM
2017 was a big collecting year for me, and one overarching goal is for me to slow down for 2018 (feels like I've said this before?!). Nevertheless, here are the 2018 goals:

- Carrie (PS Publishing Lettered)
- Night Shift (PS Publishing Lettered)
- Danse Macabre S/L or Salems S/L (Centipede Press)
- Any especially unique King 1st edition inscriptions I cannot resist (max of two - TWO! NO MORE!!)

In terms of other authors, I'm getting deep into collecting Charles L. Grant at the moment. I hope to get a full collection of signed first edition novels (he's a lot cheaper to collect than King, so this is not a particularly expensive goal). Also perhaps add my James Herbert collection.

HONKYTONKSMASH
12-08-2017, 11:19 AM
Green Mile S/L
One of the Firestarter S/L's Im missing (5th,7th, or 8th)
Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
Dolans Cadillac (of 1000)
Danse Macabre S/L
Secretary of Dreams 1+2 S/L
Carrie UK 1st
Salems UK 1st
Bachman pbs UK 1sts
Any cool inscriptions that are above Antoni's allotment of 2 :emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:..I'll be waiting to swoop in :biggrin:

2017 was a good year. This list was a bit longer just recently:evil:

peripheral
12-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Any cool inscriptions that are above Antoni's allotment of 2 :emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:..I'll be waiting to swoop in :biggrin:

(We need an objective, independent sponsor to monitor us :scared::beat::emot-roflolmao:).

But with those goals, I'm gonna be living vicariously through you this year!!

HONKYTONKSMASH
12-08-2017, 12:52 PM
(We need an objective, independent sponsor to monitor us :scared::beat::emot-roflolmao:).

Desperately

But with those goals, I'm gonna be living vicariously through you this year!!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/uploads/17073/vicarious.jpg

herbertwest
12-08-2017, 03:50 PM
Since I have quite a limited collection (per american standards), my goals are:
- whatever french editions will be released, a french proof + french 1st printing : as far as I know, SLEEPING BEAUTIES french translation +THE BAZAR OF BAD DREAMS french mass paperback pocket book (whatever u call it) for the first french translation of "cookie jar"
- whatever french editions there iwill be : I know of at least one mag publixhing a FR translation of GUNS
- whatever movie press kit there is : i guess CASTLE ROCK at least

DoctorZaius
12-08-2017, 04:42 PM
2017 was pretty a pretty good year, as I added some very cool Dameron remarques in my WTTKH and CTCC. I also added a red numbered EOTD with a matching art portfolio from Suntup. And I finally got back into the Dolan's Cadillac game with a 1/1000 copy in a slipcase. And I have all the new King limiteds secured.

Gotta finish paying for my new kitchen, ugh, but the hunt goes on for the following, at the right price, in 2018:

Gunslinger S/L #255
Drawing of the Three S/L #255
Colorado Kid S/L #33 Potter and Chadbourne
Cycle of the Werewolf S/L with the remarque
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon S/L
Regulators - Lettered (dream)
Carrie - lettered (dream)
Thinner - lettered (dream)
Adding more remarques to my books!

wizardsrainbow
12-10-2017, 10:31 PM
Collecting goals for 2018:

(1) Getting my Sphere Gunslinger proof signed
(2) Continuing to help all of you find your "wants" at decent prices
(3) Adding more remarques to my collection
(4) spend FAR FAR less in 2018 than I did in 2017!

SystemCrashOverRide
12-15-2017, 02:18 PM

How does one go about getting a fresh signature these days? Is he still doing signings at events? I know he didn't at the live event I attended. Or would this be through some magic backdoor channels us mere mortals don't have access to?

webstar1000
12-16-2017, 02:01 PM

How does one go about getting a fresh signature these days? Is he still doing signings at events? I know he didn't at the live event I attended. Or would this be through some magic backdoor channels us mere mortals don't have access to?

Right place.
Right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randall Flagg
12-16-2017, 02:33 PM

Right place.
Right time.

Isn't that the secret to most success?

wizardsrainbow
12-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Yes, idea is to find him not in the signing event...VERY difficult to do. In last year, I got close to him once with a couple other people and he politely refused us all.

TCCBodhi
12-19-2017, 07:50 PM
I'm certainly hoping to be able to manage:

Outsiders S/L
The Stand (CD - isn't this slated for 2018?)

Anything else that I can afford and find. It looks to be a LEAN year for us, we seem to be getting more and more behind on bills. :P

Phalucha
12-24-2017, 08:45 AM
I had an awesome collecting year in 2017 for both King and McCammon. For McCammon I picked up the original cover painting for Stinger plus the Founders’ copies of the Kinnell titles (full set) plus the lettered Swan Song. For King, highlights are inscribed “to Paul” first editions of The Shining and The Gunslinger (my total count is now 14), a mint first edition of Night Shift, and signed first editions of Skeleton Crew and Different Seasons (both with 80s signatures). Also, finished upgrading my dust jackets on the early books by getting a mint Firestarter (amazing how white they originally were!), Eyes of The Dragon and Pet Semetary - am not looking for any others. Plus the Silver Bullet paperweight - which took me years to find.

For 2018 - a copy of Ubris with an original King story tops my list...but for the first time in a long time nothing is really burning need. I expect I will pick up one or 2 more inscribed books as they have a way of turning up. Finally, I hope we get slipcases for Danse Macabre, Talisman and Skeleton Crew from Jeff. That is all.

Happy holidays and collecting everyone! Paul

Randall Flagg
12-24-2017, 08:57 AM
Pics! Without pics it didn't happen.

andyg75
12-25-2017, 12:26 PM
2018 Collecting Goals:

Gwendy's S/L Lonely Road
The Plant S/L 1/200 (not vital, only if a set comes up and I have any money left 😀)
Eyes of the Dragon Philtrum Red Numbered S/L 1/250
The Stand CD Artist and Remarqued Gift Edition
The Shining Folio Society S/L 1/110
Full Dark, No Stars BCE S/L 1/100
Desperation S/L 1/300 bookplate
Nightmares & Dreamscapes UK 1/1 (£15.99 dj price)
The Outsider UK 1/1
The Outsider US 1/1

picontin
12-27-2017, 10:11 AM
I only got one goal in 2018.....
The Stand S/L bible with coffin...:excited:

jsteltor
12-27-2017, 11:11 AM
Assuming all goes well, 2018 will mark my first full year as a SK collector. I've only been collecting his books since July 2017 so I have quite a few items on my wishlist that many have long owned.

- First signed King book
- Obtain all of SK 1st US editions (I know I will struggle w/ early Doubleday books at reasonable prices but no use not trying)
- Insomnia (S/L UK)

Non-SK collecting goals
- Complete my collection of Naguib Mahfouz (Egypt's Nobel Prize Laureate in Literature) books in English. His work was translated and published on Doubleday in the early 90s. Looking for proofs & 1st editions. Already have his books in Arabic. I can't afford signed copies, though. Even in English, his signature is worth more than I can pay at age 26.

Sent you a PM/

Beverly Marsh
12-29-2017, 07:52 AM
Along with most everyone else(hopefully) The Outsider S/L

And all I want is a signed Misery, Dolores Claiborne, and possible Pet Sematary. That's not too much to ask is it? :nope: :biggrin1:

tippy4
12-30-2017, 02:48 PM
Unsigned 1st edition of The Outsider
Signed 1st edition of The Outsider
S/L of The Outsider (if made)
G/E of The Outsider (if made)
Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
Signed 1st edition of Thinner
Signed 1st edition of IT
Find the missing volume in my DT SL set

Phalucha
01-23-2018, 07:04 PM
I had an awesome collecting year in 2017 for both King and McCammon. For McCammon I picked up the original cover painting for Stinger plus the Founders’ copies of the Kinnell titles (full set) plus the lettered Swan Song. For King, highlights are inscribed “to Paul” first editions of The Shining and The Gunslinger (my total count is now 14), a mint first edition of Night Shift, and signed first editions of Skeleton Crew and Different Seasons (both with 80s signatures). Also, finished upgrading my dust jackets on the early books by getting a mint Firestarter (amazing how white they originally were!), Eyes of The Dragon and Pet Semetary - am not looking for any others. Plus the Silver Bullet paperweight - which took me years to find.

For 2018 - a copy of Ubris with an original King story tops my list...but for the first time in a long time nothing is really burning need. I expect I will pick up one or 2 more inscribed books as they have a way of turning up. Finally, I hope we get slipcases for Danse Macabre, Talisman and Skeleton Crew from Jeff. That is all.

Happy holidays and collecting everyone! Paul

So - copy of Ubris secured...and I see from other thread that slipcases are coming soon. I may be done by Valentine’s Day!

stroppygoblin
01-24-2018, 02:04 AM
So - copy of Ubris secured...and I see from other thread that slipcases are coming soon. I may be done by Valentine’s Day!

Ah! a DEADLINE! - Thats what I need! :unsure:

Phalucha
01-25-2018, 05:32 AM

Slipcases are better than a bouquet and tied with a box of chocolates. :)

Phalucha
03-18-2018, 04:36 PM

Slipcases are better than a bouquet and tied with a box of chocolates. :)

Slipcases arrived and look awesome. I also knocked one of the hardest items off my list thanks to Dave - signed Part 3 of The Plant (lettered copy) so my set is done. I am having a few of the early slipcases redone in leather and then will post a picture. Asbestos Firestarter anyone? :).

Zidan
04-01-2018, 01:42 PM

- First signed King book

Non-SK collecting goals

I've been able to strike off a couple of my goals for the year. Obtained my first signed King book from Betts Books (signed Insomnia gift edition) and purchased a F/F The Ideal Genuine Man from Philtrum (couldn't afford others just yet) and picked up some gift editions.

jcmanske
04-01-2018, 03:08 PM

- First signed King book

Non-SK collecting goals

I've been able to strike off a couple of my goals for the year. Obtained my first signed King book from Betts Books (signed Insomnia gift edition) and purchased a F/F The Ideal Genuine Man from Philtrum (couldn't afford others just yet) and picked up some gift editions.

Congratulations, Zidan. Getting your first signed King book is awesome, but a dangerous slippery slope. So happy for you!

Father Cody
04-01-2018, 05:22 PM
A little late to this party but still plenty of time left in the year to do some damage to my checking account.

1. NF/NF 1st/1st of Carrie and The Shining
2. VG/VG 2nd state Salem’s Lot
3. Three S/L’s

Zidan
04-01-2018, 09:01 PM

- First signed King book

Non-SK collecting goals

Congratulations, Zidan. Getting your first signed King book is awesome, but a dangerous slippery slope. So happy for you!

Thank you! It really was a surreal feeling to see the signature in the book. And you're right, it is a slippery slope. I'm already thinking about the next one...

Johnny007
04-02-2018, 05:34 PM
My goals are to keep moving forward in acquiring Fine edition SK books. Goals include:

1) F/F Signed UK Carrie
2) Fine set of the numbered The Plant
3) Fine copy of Sie
4) F/F US Different Seasons
5) F/F/F Folio Society The Shining
6) Fine slipcase for Nebel
7) Fine slipcase for Duddits
8) 'Salem's Lot Black Roman Numeral edition
9) Many F/F signed UK 1st editions

Getting even a couple of the above will be an accomplishment.

John

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-18-2018, 04:58 PM
Green Mile S/L
Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
Danse Macabre S/L
Carrie UK 1st
Salems UK 1st
Bachman pbs UK 1sts

Green Mile S/L
Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
Danse Macabre S/L
Carrie UK 1st
Salems UK 1st
Bachman pbs UK 1sts
Any cool inscriptions that are above Antoni's allotment of 2 ..I'll be waiting to swoop in

lotuz
07-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Holy shit - looks like you're having a great year so far!

:clap::clap::clap:

I think the Carrie UK first has one of the best jackets of all his works - good luck on that one :):):)

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Holy shit - looks like you're having a great year so far!

:clap::clap::clap:

I think the Carrie UK first has one of the best jackets of all his works - good luck on that one :):):)

Im gonna need it hahaha. Damn unicorn buried under Atlantis that it is

becca69
07-18-2018, 06:33 PM

1. Lettered Regulators
2. Gunslinger S/L PC

Well, can I retroactively add #5 - win the TDT Grand Prize! :evil:

lotuz
07-18-2018, 07:14 PM

1. Lettered Regulators
2. Gunslinger S/L PC

I don't think any other book this year is going to beat yours! Or any other book for many years, if ever...

Not only is it an inscribed lettered, which I've never ever seen before, it's an inscribed lettered with a long inscription that's perfectly related to the book, and of which no other versions are signed, let alone inscribed.

And the book itself is a masterpiece, far beyond the production values of most other lettered editions out there. CD 25th anniversary IT lettered doesn't hold a candle to it. PS lettereds - pshaw!

No offense intended, those are beautiful books, but:

I would venture to say that it may be the ultimate King collectible... probably on par with lettered Regulators, deluxe Salem's Lot, asbestos Firestarter, and maybe even 1/1 Salem's Lot... I don't think you could have chosen a finer book or a better inscription.

In fact I almost can't believe that you didn't conspire with RF :evil:

How many kidneys do you have (left)?

Do you have a firstborn...? Or did you...?

becca69
07-18-2018, 09:01 PM

1. Lettered Regulators
2. Gunslinger S/L PC

I don't think any other book this year is going to beat yours! Or any other book for many years, if ever...

Not only is it an inscribed lettered, which I've never ever seen before, it's an inscribed lettered with a long inscription that's perfectly related to the book, and of which no other versions are signed, let alone inscribed.

And the book itself is a masterpiece, far beyond the production values of most other lettered editions out there. CD 25th anniversary IT lettered doesn't hold a candle to it. PS lettereds - pshaw!

No offense intended, those are beautiful books, but:

I would venture to say that it may be the ultimate King collectible... probably on par with lettered Regulators, deluxe Salem's Lot, asbestos Firestarter, and maybe even 1/1 Salem's Lot... I don't think you could have chosen a finer book or a better inscription.

In fact I almost can't believe that you didn't conspire with RF :evil:

How many kidneys do you have (left)?

Do you have a firstborn...? Or did you...?

Haha. Somehow I still have both kidneys and a grumpy 17 yr old.

andyg75
07-19-2018, 12:17 AM
2018 Collecting Goals:

Gwendy's S/L Lonely Road
The Plant S/L 1/200 (not vital, only if a set comes up and I have any money left 😀)
Eyes of the Dragon Philtrum Red Numbered S/L 1/250
The Stand CD Artist and Remarqued Gift Edition
The Shining Folio Society S/L 1/110
Full Dark, No Stars BCE S/L 1/100
Desperation S/L 1/300 bookplate
Nightmares & Dreamscapes UK 1/1 (£15.99 dj price)
The Outsider UK 1/1
The Outsider US 1/1

I didn't realise what a good year I've had so far!!!

Hunchback Jack
07-22-2018, 10:52 PM
Well, my list was both too ambitious, and not ambitious enough:

- Hoping for an Outsider S/L (US or UK) (Not happening?)
- One other affordable King S/L (see below)
- (added) Rose Madder Hodder S/L
- (added) Insomnia Hodder S/L

Aspirational:
- Gunslinger S/L
- TWTTK S/L

Acquired in 2018:
- Night Visions 5 S/L
- Wizard and Glass Hodder S/L
- Bag of Bones Hodder S/L
- Under the Dome Hodder S/L
- Doctor Sleep Hodder S/L
- Green Mile SubPress Trade Edition set
- Desperation/Regulators Hodder S/L
- TWTTK Hodder S/L
- Misery Suntup S/L

HBJ

vincent
07-23-2018, 11:01 AM

Hi Hunchback Jack, I could perhaps help with the IT Special Collector's Edition. I tried to send a PM just now but your inbox seems to be full. Let me know if you'd be interested!

Hunchback Jack
09-18-2018, 07:27 PM
A few more crossed off:

- Hoping for an Outsider S/L (US or UK) (Not happening?)
- One other affordable King S/L (see below)
- (added) Rose Madder Hodder S/L
- (added) Insomnia Hodder S/L

Aspirational:
- Gunslinger S/L
- TWTTK S/L

Acquired in 2018:
- Night Visions 5 S/L
- Wizard and Glass Hodder S/L
- Bag of Bones Hodder S/L
- Under the Dome Hodder S/L
- Doctor Sleep Hodder S/L
- Green Mile SubPress Trade Edition set
- Desperation/Regulators Hodder S/L
- TWTTK Hodder S/L
- Misery Suntup S/L

HBJ

MikeDuke
09-19-2018, 06:35 AM
I did not have a goal but this is what I have acquired so far
End of Watch Flat signed
Finders Keepers Flat signed
Buick 8 Flat signed proof
WTTKH S\L #238
Mr. Mercedes- Flat signed
The Shining S\L
Christine S\L
Wizard and Glass UK version
Black house S\L
Bag of Bones proof (gift)
Hearts in Atlantis (gift)
Wolves of the Calla Proof (gift)
From a Buick 8 Proof (gift)
Four past midnight Proof gift)
IT S\L
Desperation S\L
Misery GE
Plus one for sure and another maybe. So not a bad year so far.

Ari_Racing
09-19-2018, 07:58 AM
Time for an update:

* The long walk UK 1st
* The running man UK 1st
* The Plant #3 unsigned
* The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
* The Gunslinger 1st Grant
* The Outsider US Proof
* The Outsider UK Proof
* The Outsider S/L if produced
* The four S/L I'm missing from Robert McCammon (Baal Deluxe, Swan Song Dark Harvest, The Five and Speaks The Nightbird)

* At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing: this one will be really tough, since the ones I'm missing are the most expensive ones with the exception of two I've been completely unable to find: Overlook Connection #15 - Winter 1991 and Know your world extra (The weekly reader corporation) Vol 39, n 2, 23_sept_2005 (I do have the other magazine that included this).

* At least 5 of the 9 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 2 of the 23 promo items I'm after. -> Now I'm after 24 items

* At least 2 more 1st edition books signed by King of the 47 I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 2 S/L KING books of the 12 I'm missing. - I got 1

* At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 31 I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 1 of the three annuary books I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 15 of the 131 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got 6 so far.

* At least 5 of the 35 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got 4

* At least 2 of the 172 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got 6.

* The only Spanish edition I'm missing. -> I discovered I was missing another one but I got it, so I'm still after 1.

I built two previous grail lists and completed both, so I built a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take me a lot of time to get these but these are not current objectives:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
* Stories of Suspense
* One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.

To sumarize: this hasn't been a good year. :D

webstar1000
09-19-2018, 08:21 AM
For the rest of the year? If I got a PS Carrie letter and a Dystopia Letter i would be thrilled!

HONKYTONKSMASH
09-19-2018, 09:12 AM
Green Mile S/L
Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
Danse Macabre S/L
Carrie UK 1st
Salems UK 1st
Bachman pbs UK 1sts

Green Mile S/L
Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
Danse Macabre S/L
Carrie UK 1st
Salems UK 1st
Bachman pbs UK 1sts
Any cool inscriptions that are above Antoni's allotment of 2 ..I'll be waiting to swoop in

Updated :thumbsup:

andyg75
09-19-2018, 09:45 AM
Green Mile S/L
Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
Danse Macabre S/L
Carrie UK 1st
Salems UK 1st
Bachman pbs UK 1sts

Green Mile S/L
Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
Danse Macabre S/L
Carrie UK 1st
Salems UK 1st
Bachman pbs UK 1sts

Updated :thumbsup:

Smashed it!!! 👏👏👏

becca69
12-03-2018, 07:23 AM

1. Lettered Regulators
2. Gunslinger S/L PC

I will be checking off the big 1!

MikeDuke
12-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Nice Becca, Nice.

Randall Flagg
12-03-2018, 07:32 AM
"Lettered" PC of Colorado Kid. Miller version.
Attend a King event.
Signed "The Outsider".
Lettered The Outsider-----------N/A

Looks like I have some carry over for 2019

Phalucha
12-08-2018, 06:33 AM
Highlights of my collecting this year were completing my SL set of The Plant with a lettered copy of Part 3 and getting a beautiful copy of one of the King issues of Ubris. Also i picked up unexpectedly a mint SL Gunslinger for only $2600 proving that deals can still be had. Rounded things out with signed first editions of The Tommyknockers (dated in year of pub) and Nightmares and Dreamscapes. Finally, i was lucky enough to get a manuscript copy of Elevation in April (was told one of 25 but no idea if true). Finally (last one), got a proof copy of IT and ordered lots of Pennywise statues - is awesome to see some quality King collectibles coming out from innovative companies like Tweeterhead.

vincent
12-08-2018, 07:52 AM
Very impressive, congrats. Elevation MS, oh lordy!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

amd013
12-16-2018, 06:57 PM
I exceeded my 2017 goals, lets see if I can meet 2018:

Acquire all missing CD limited editions

From a Buick 8 Gift Edition
From a Buick 8 Numbered edition -Done
From a Buick 8 Lettered Edition
The Dark Man Lettered edition
Blockade Billy Limited edition - Done
Blockade Bill Lettered edition
IT Lettered -Done!

Acquire all newly published edition -Failed to get Missery Lettered, otherwise successful
Acquire all US gift editions - Still 3 or so to go
Upgrade a few 1/1 editions (The Stand Uncut, Wolves of the Calla for starters) -Done I think.

Stretch goal: Matching set of Dark Tower - DONE!

Updates in bold above

tippy4
12-17-2018, 12:00 PM
1. Unsigned 1st edition of The Outsider
2. Signed 1st edition of The Outsider
3. S/L of The Outsider (if made)
4. G/E of The Outsider (if made)
5. Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
6. Signed 1st edition of Thinner
7. Signed 1st edition of IT
8. Find the missing volume in my DT SL set

Wow.....bad year for me in terms of meeting my goals.....

I got #1 and #2....#3 and #4 were not an option....and #5 - #8 will roll to 2019.

becca69
01-02-2019, 08:07 PM

1. Lettered Regulators
2. Gunslinger S/L PC

I checked off the big 1!

OneFathom
01-03-2019, 10:34 AM
Unsigned 1st edition of The Outsider
1. Signed 1st edition of The Outsider
2. S/L of The Outsider (if made)
3. G/E of The Outsider (if made)
4. Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
5. Signed 1st edition of Thinner
6. Signed 1st edition of IT
7. Find the missing volume in my DT SL set

Wow.....bad year for me in terms of meeting my goals.....

I got #1....#2 and #3 were not an option....and #4 - #7 will roll to 2019.

@Tippy: What DT title and # are you looking for?

Father Cody
01-03-2019, 10:37 AM
A little late to this party but still plenty of time left in the year to do some damage to my checking account.

1. NF/NF 1st/1st of Carrie and The Shining
2. VG/VG 2nd state Salem’s Lot
3. Three S/L’s

Fuck me. I hit NONE of these goals! None!

wizardsrainbow
01-03-2019, 09:04 PM

(2) Continuing to help all of you find your "wants" at decent prices
(3) Adding more remarques to my collection
(4) spend FAR FAR less in 2018 than I did in 2017!

How I did.....
(1) FAIL
(2) ACHIEVED
(3) ACHIEVED
(4) FAIL, spent 4x MORE than 2017, sigh

Randall Flagg
01-23-2019, 02:34 PM
Attend a King event.
Signed "The Outsider".

A month late for 2018, but snagged a Miller 1/33 Colorado Kid.

andyg75
01-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Attend a King event.
Signed "The Outsider".

A month late for 2018, but snagged a Miller 1/33 Colorado Kid.

Finally! Congratulations!