PDA

View Full Version : All That and A Bag Of Chips

Pages : 1 [2]

Sam
02-26-2009, 07:35 PM
That's the same problem I had Woofer so I just voted for the index finger. My way of trying to even it out.:dance:

Jon
02-26-2009, 07:39 PM
*raises a certain finger to sleepydwarf*

Lady_Macbeth
02-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Thumb. Really, who doesn't?

ClicheGuevara
02-26-2009, 08:51 PM
the thumbs have it by a long shot!!

Unfound One
02-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Thumb!

gromit
02-26-2009, 11:21 PM
thumb is for remotes

index is for turning pages

ka

Odetta
02-27-2009, 07:28 AM
There is no vote button for both equally, so I can't vote.

That's the same problem I had Woofer so I just voted for the index finger. My way of trying to even it out.:dance:

as did I...

jayson
02-27-2009, 07:31 AM
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/opposable_thumbs.gif

ETA: I got in the 19th vote for thumb. :thumbsup:

Odetta
02-27-2009, 07:33 AM
OK, I don't understand... my remote is really long (snicker) so I have to use my index finger just to turn on my TV if I hold the remote in the middle. Doesn't anyone else do this????

jayson
02-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Must be some special Canadian remote. :P

Jean
02-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Bears always use index fingers to press any buttons. It's because they derive great pleasure in pressing buttons, with the index of the right paw. I don't know how I can describe it, because I can't compare it with any other feeling. I've loved to press buttons (with the right index, or there's no fun at all) since I was a very little cub, and it never grew old. I love elevators and mobile phones for the same reason - especially old ones, where you can really feel what you're pressing.

(Not pulling anyone's legs now. Bears really truly adore it.)

Odetta
02-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Must be some special Canadian remote. :P

*spank*

ClicheGuevara
02-27-2009, 09:17 AM
well this is weird. . . I just tried using my index finger and it was easier! you index finger pusher's may have change my mind!

Daghain
02-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Sometimes. 99.9% of the time I use my thumb, though.

sleeplessdwarf
02-27-2009, 01:15 PM
Do you index pushers hold it in one hand using the index of the other? I tried holding it my regular hand and using the index but it is too uncomfortable trying to get to the bottom half of the controller. :orely:

Girlystevedave
02-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Thumb
I'm not a weirdo. :lol:

flaggwalkstheline
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
huh I think I brought this up in the evolution thread....
The younger generation (under 35 is an estimate) has started having a selective evolution due to the use of video games: our thumbs have superceded our pointer fingers as the dominant appendage

and for the record I use my thumb 2

BROWNINGS CHILDE
02-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Mostly thumb, but it depends on which button and the width of the remote.

gsvec
02-27-2009, 03:48 PM
I use both depending on the remote design. For the smaller ones, it's definitely the thumb but for the bigger ones, I can't hold them and punch the buttons with my thumb so I use my index finger. :P

And yes, Brice - I have one of those "longer" ones, too. :lol:

Jon
02-27-2009, 10:01 PM
thumb is for remotes

index is for turning pages

ka

Middle finger is for driving! :evil:

SigTauGimp
02-27-2009, 11:16 PM
:rofl::rofl:

Jon
02-27-2009, 11:25 PM
This is why. Compare my thumb to the remote then my index finger.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/2-29-09032.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/2-29-09033.jpg

Jon
02-27-2009, 11:26 PM
And this is the remote I am going to get after the 7 day waiting period.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/remote.gif

ICry4Oy
10-07-2009, 12:28 PM
discuss

Daghain
10-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Why? :lol:

flaggwalkstheline
10-07-2009, 12:44 PM
wow:wtf:

razz
10-07-2009, 12:46 PM
wat

Woofer
10-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Define woman.
Define fart.
Define pee.
Define they.
Define do.
Oh, and define when.:orely:

rosie real
10-07-2009, 01:10 PM
dude, were you bored or what?

:lol:

lophophoras
10-07-2009, 01:12 PM
:wtf:

fernandito
10-07-2009, 01:24 PM
/speechless

Mark
10-07-2009, 01:34 PM
10/10 :lol: Its funny how no-one answered yet

razz
10-07-2009, 01:37 PM
the answer is 42
/thread

Sam
10-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Ya know, I know we have some odd topics on this level of the tower, but do we have to keep this particular one?

Randall Flagg
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM
discuss
Ask your mother, sister, girlfriend, or a doctor.

Letti
10-07-2009, 02:27 PM
No, they don't.
I will tell you the truth. Ladies don't pee at all. They just visit the toilet and they pretend that they are peeing but actually they are painting cute butterflies on Chinese vases (when they finish them they hide them behind the toilet) and write poems and sonnets about colourful bunnies and poppy fields.

rosie real
10-07-2009, 02:36 PM
the answer is 42
/thread

okay, i'll give you this. but the answer is also 17. :D

Ya know, I know we have some odd topics on this level of the tower, but do we have to keep this particular one?

yes. yes we do. :lol:
and tell the truth samuel. you're just pissed that a.) you didn't think of it first and b.) it's not about sex. :P

No, they don't. I will tell you the truth. Ladies don't pee at all. They just visit the toilet and they pretend that they are peeing but actually they are painting cute butterflies on Chinese vases (when they finish them they hide them behind the toilet) and write poems and sonnets about colourful bunnies and puppy fields.

:wub:
letti is teh awesome!

Daghain
10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
No, they don't.
I will tell you the truth. Ladies don't pee at all. They just visit the toilet and they pretend that they are peeing but actually they are painting cute butterflies on Chinese vases (when they finish them they hide them behind the toilet) and write poems and sonnets about colourful bunnies and poppy fields.

WIN.

Actually, women don't fart OR burp, so we must bitch or else we would explode. :D

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-07-2009, 05:13 PM
No, they don't.

And then they fart.

At least the married ones do....haha

Lily-sai
10-08-2009, 12:45 AM
this reminds me vividly of a certain youtube video.. mayhap ICry has seen it? :evil:

Letti for win!! :wub:

Jean
10-08-2009, 01:16 AM
No, they don't.
Now that everyone knows the truth (and that is the truth), can we consider the question answered, and the thread ready for the Clearing, or does anyone insist on contributing something else?

ICry4Oy
10-08-2009, 02:22 AM
...can we consider the question answered, and the thread ready for the Clearing...

I haven't seen anyone post any pictures yet :orely:

Candice Dionysus
10-08-2009, 02:26 AM
What a ridiculous topic. Everyone knows that peeing and farting and women don't go together at all. I don't think I've been that close to laughing in days.

Mark
10-08-2009, 03:13 AM
No, they don't.

I understand now... Thanks Letti, for helping me see the light :couple:

cozener
10-08-2009, 04:58 AM
Are you sure you want to know the answer to this question?

ICry4Oy
10-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Are you sure you want to know the answer to this question?

Hmmmm...maybe!

Reasoning = I was at the Texas State Fair this past Monday and had to give in to my aversion to using public restrooms. Had to go that bad! So I'm standing at the longass line of urinals and there are about 15 of us standing there pissing. I tell ya, it sounded like the horns of Jerico! ...except this one guy who's ass, I SWEAR!, sounded like it was saying something about sporks. Anyway, it made me wonder if women play such symphonys(sp?) when they pee and if they do it like men - completely without shame and in some cases with great pride! Or do they pee, fart, blush, say "excuse me", rinse/lather/repeat?

OH! Speaking of the State Fair.....they had these (4) chocolate covered strawberries on a stick. Looked way too much like used anal beads for me to dare try 'em.:panic:

Jean
10-08-2009, 06:17 AM
the chances of this thread to be merged with the existing TMI thread are getting bigger and bigger

cozener
10-08-2009, 07:14 AM
I do this. I like to do it. I feel that, as a man, its my prerogative. Its the only time I have to get a little color and I see no reason to wear a shirt just to do something that gets it dirty when I have the option not to.

My wife hates it and wants me to stop. She says its "trashy" and "redneck". She has even offered to mow the lawn so that I won't go outside shirtless and embarrass her. :lol:

Thoughts?

flaggwalkstheline
10-08-2009, 07:19 AM
I don't mow the lawn shirtless
The only reason for me to be shirtless is if I'm swimming
otherwise I'm just blinding passing cars on my street with my seethroughness
an whoopsy, voted yes

Darkthoughts
10-08-2009, 07:27 AM
I say, what the hell...do it naked if it makes ya happy! Seriously, I don't care if someone's toned, fat, thin, hairless, hairy...whatever, people have too many hang ups about themselves as it is. Some stuff you should just be allowed to put your foot down and say...I'm mowing the lawn, it's hot...and I'm taking my shirt off!" More power to you, I'll even get you a cold beer when you've finished :D

cozener
10-08-2009, 07:32 AM
More power to you, I'll even get you a cold beer when you've finished :D
See, now, thats the kind of support I'm talkin' about.

Darkthoughts
10-08-2009, 07:40 AM
;) :thumbsup:

Myste
10-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Oh... why not.

Mark
10-08-2009, 07:51 AM
I wish i could but
A) i don't have a lawn
and
B) I have hayfever, so i'd have to be doped up on clarityn.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-08-2009, 08:22 AM
She has even offered to mow the lawn so that I won't go outside shirtless and embarrass her. :lol:

Thoughts?

Let HER mow the lawn!

(Make sure you're sitting down, shirtless, with a beer, watching her).

tamez
10-08-2009, 09:08 AM
I tell ya, it sounded like the horns of Jerico!

are you sure it was the state fair and not the great chilli cook off?
haha

Daghain
10-08-2009, 09:53 AM
:clap:

Good one, Tamezie!

IWasSentWest
10-08-2009, 09:56 AM
i am laughing my ass off right now. anal beads...hahahahaha

and yes, they do. its usually a small little poot, in the cases i've experienced. some of the girls from around here just dont have the lady-like shame i'd prefer...hahah

and tamez, texts from last night is fucking hilarious

IWasSentWest
10-08-2009, 10:01 AM
hell yeh it's ok. it's an easy way to tan, without looking metrosexual and lathering baby oil on at a pool.

i voted depends on the guy, but now that i think about it, who cares? we are men, we have a right of passage to be shirtless and not give a damn. you give me a ice cold beer, a riding lawn mower, an ipod and a bright sunny day, and i can mow for hours! it's so relaxing

tamez
10-08-2009, 10:09 AM

i know right? lol
i have a new favorite one though:

(970): I locked my keys in my car in front of planned parenthood. I'm
terrified of going inside to ask to borrow a clothes hangar.

(303): Just tell them you need to fix a mistake real quick.

candy
10-08-2009, 10:14 AM
More power to you,

or should that be mower power to you:rofl:

i wish i could do the gardening topless, its gets so hot that i am really jealous of mr c taking his top off when ever he wants (not that he goes around just throwing his top off i might add)

but when he is doing diy or the garden and he is hot then of course he should take his top off to cool down, better that than him getting too hot - and not being able to finish his jobs;)

alinda
10-08-2009, 10:26 AM
WTF?:orely: seriously this needs to go....NO OFFENCE BUT...dude are we that bored and or stupid to continue discussing a subject like this?

Letti, your reply was delightful, and merit's :clap:..amazing the way you have words for any topic.

ICry4Oy
10-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Some of us might be bored. Some of us might be stupid. What the eff is wrong with a little levity?

Woofer
10-08-2009, 11:29 AM
She has even offered to mow the lawn so that I won't go outside shirtless and embarrass her. :lol:

Thoughts?

Let HER mow the lawn!

Since she has offered to mow, perhaps you should change the emphasis of your admonition to LET rather than her.

(Make sure you're sitting down, shirtless, with a beer, watching her).

You might not want to mock someone who is using machinery with powerful cutting blades. Best to wave at her mowing while you are folding the laundry. Make sure you are seen so that she doesn't get resentful about you not taking up the slack with work inside if she's doing the outside work. After all, you don't want to be an ass, you just want her to realize it's fucking hot and mowing without a shirt is not a mortal sin.

BTW, I love to mow the lawn. I would happily let Mr. Woofer do the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, cooking, and bathroom scrubbing in exchange for mowing the lawn.

ICry4Oy
10-08-2009, 11:31 AM
I think men should be required to mow the lawn without their shirt on. Especially my neighboy two doors down! :drool:

cozener
10-08-2009, 11:50 AM
You might not want to mock someone who is using machinery with powerful cutting blades. Best to wave at her mowing while you are folding the laundry. Make sure you are seen so that she doesn't get resentful about you not taking up the slack with work inside if she's doing the outside work. After all, you don't want to be an ass, you just want her to realize it's fucking hot and mowing without a shirt is not a mortal sin. Not a problem...I usually do most of the laundry anyway.

BTW, I love to mow the lawn. I would happily let Mr. Woofer do the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, cooking, and bathroom scrubbing in exchange for mowing the lawn. I do most of the cooking to.

I really just don't understand why this is such a problem for her suddenly. Honestly, I've never heard anyone say that a guy mowing his lawn or doing any other yard work shirtless was somehow trashy. She's forgetting one of the golden rules people should follow with their spouses. You can tell us to do something OR you can tell us how to do it. Not both.

Daghain
10-08-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't have a lawn. I got stuck mowing grass as a kid, had a dad who thought a perfect green lawn was the be-all and end-all of suburban living, and I have allergies. You do the math.

While I really don't care if you have a shirt on or not while you mow, I voted it depends on the man. Our neighbor had back hair so thick it looked like he was wearing a bathmat. I'm not exaggerating. I don't want to see that. *barf*

Still, I think if he wants to mow the lawn like that, it's his perogative. I'll just be in the house NOT LOOKING. :D

John Blaze
10-08-2009, 12:37 PM
i do, and if someone doesn't like it they can complain about it to someone who cares. As to my wife, she likes me to be happy. :D

Emily
10-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I don't think I really care either way. But one time, my brother mowed our lawn wearing a halloween gladiator costume, and it was the funniest thing ever, people driving by kept slowing down and beeping. Men should do things like that more often.

Brice
10-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I think men or women should feel free to do the yard work topless.

cozener
10-08-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't think I really care either way. But one time, my brother mowed our lawn wearing a halloween gladiator costume, and it was the funniest thing ever, people driving by kept slowing down and beeping. Men should do things like that more often. Hmmmm...perhaps I should offer that as an alternative to the current cutoff jeans/tennis shoe get up I currently use. Maybe she'd like that better.

Brice
10-08-2009, 01:58 PM
This thread has managed to out-tmi the tmi thread. :lol:

Lily-sai
10-08-2009, 01:59 PM

ICry4Oy
10-08-2009, 02:03 PM
This thread has managed to out-tmi the tmi thread. :lol:

:rock::clap::dance:

Woofer
10-08-2009, 02:10 PM
You might not want to mock someone who is using machinery with powerful cutting blades. Best to wave at her mowing while you are folding the laundry. Make sure you are seen so that she doesn't get resentful about you not taking up the slack with work inside if she's doing the outside work. After all, you don't want to be an ass, you just want her to realize it's fucking hot and mowing without a shirt is not a mortal sin. Not a problem...I usually do most of the laundry anyway.

BTW, I love to mow the lawn. I would happily let Mr. Woofer do the laundry, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, cooking, and bathroom scrubbing in exchange for mowing the lawn. I do most of the cooking to.

I really just don't understand why this is such a problem for her suddenly. Honestly, I've never heard anyone say that a guy mowing his lawn or doing any other yard work shirtless was somehow trashy. She's forgetting one of the golden rules people should follow with their spouses. You can tell us to do something OR you can tell us how to do it. Not both.

Yay! I like to hear that. I bet you're a good cook, too. You see how my plan works, though? She sees you inside, cool and refreshed, calmly folding laundry while she is mowing the lawn in heat that's hotter than Satan's bathwater - and can't take off her shirt without being arrested.

People put too much emphasis on how things look, anyway. Like Daggers, I had a dad who wanted the perfect lawn, but at least he liked to work on his. I'd be happy to redo our whole yard with a rock garden, but we would have to keep part of a lawn for the animals.

Ka-mai
10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
It's fine unless you are morbidly obese. Or really old. Even then it's fine, it's just that I don't want to see it. :ninja: But people shouldn't care about what I want. Be free! I'd mow the lawn shirtless if there weren't perverts everywhere.

Seriously though, I think every guy does it, it's not rednecky. I didn't even really think rednecks bothered to mow their lawns... :P

Woofer
10-08-2009, 02:12 PM
It's fine unless you are morbidly obese. Or really old. Even then it's fine, it's just that I don't want to see it. :ninja: But people shouldn't care about what I want. Be free! I'd mow the lawn shirtless if there weren't perverts everywhere.

Seriously though, I think every guy does it, it's not rednecky. I didn't even really think rednecks bothered to mow their lawns... :P

The county code enforcement lets them know when it is time to mow.

John_and_Yoko
10-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Are you KIDDING me? :scared:

It's bad enough MOWING the lawn but mowing it without a SHIRT on? Without protection from allergens?!?!?

Candice Dionysus
10-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Seriously, though... Why is this still going?

rosie real
10-08-2009, 04:55 PM
i voted it depends on the guy.

that said - coz, i'm waiting for pics of you mowing the lawn with no shirt on or stfu. :D :couple:

sleeplessdwarf
10-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I said yes ofc. I worked a high class golf course for 8 years, 6 of which I took care of the subdivision being built across the street. The women, all married, never mowed the lawn in anything other than a bikini. When they check the mail, it was often in short nightgown and sometimes panties. So a guy should be able to at least take off his shirt.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I said yes ofc. I worked a high class golf course for 8 years, 6 of which I took care of the subdivision being built across the street. The women, all married, never mowed the lawn in anything other than a bikini. When they check the mail, it was often in short nightgown and sometimes panties. So a guy should be able to at least take off his shirt.

uuhhhuuumm.....where?

cozener
10-08-2009, 06:02 PM
she has now proclaimed it "ghetto".

So, am I to understand it is both ghetto and redneck? Maybe I could start a country/rap band. I could do for beat boxing what Jimmy Buffett did for Caribbean steel drums!

Woofer
10-08-2009, 06:09 PM

uuhhhuuumm.....where?

Almost anywhere there is a really ritzy neighborhood with a golf course. Got to show off those nips and tucks and implants. Good god, they didn't spend that money just to sit around the house where nobody can admire them.

Ka-mai
10-08-2009, 06:13 PM
:lol: Last time I checked, they didn't really have lawns in ghettos. More like either concrete or mud, depending on the location.

Woofer
10-08-2009, 06:29 PM
You could try the shirt that's not a shirt - with buckles:

http://homepage.mac.com/saarhalperin/GarageSaleImages/GarageSale_1244674178_88379.jpg

Sam
10-08-2009, 06:31 PM
My vote is no, absolutely not, but for a different reason. I don't care if a guy OR a girl goes topless doing house work or yard work. I don't care one bit, though if it's a woman I may get out the camera with the telephoto lens. I voted no simply because of the danger of skin cancer. My father had it, and it nearly killed him. I KNOW what I've been going through with my wife's cancer treatments these last two years, and while she doesn't have skin cancer, it's still been very taxing on us. No guy would want to take a chance of having to put the people they love through the pain, stress, and heartache that having cancer (even surviving it) brings into your lives.

I voted no because I know how hard it is to be the caregiver and not the patient. So guys, I would implore you not to do yard work without some protection on your back. Please, wear a shirt. Or at the least wear sunblock, the stronger the better.

I'm off the soapbox now.

Woofer
10-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Sam is right. I assumed that sunblock would be worn if a shirt was not.

http://www.rtvchannel.tv/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/sid-vicious.jpg

Daghain
10-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Because we can't resist posting stupid answers to stupid questions?

Just my 2 cents. :doh:

Candice Dionysus
10-08-2009, 09:16 PM
Fair enough.:clap:

IWasSentWest
10-08-2009, 09:21 PM

i know right? lol

(303): Just tell them you need to fix a mistake real quick.

(843): the red head has a bf
(1-843): just because there's a goalie doesn't mean u can't score

i dont know why but i love this one......this gives me an idea

IWasSentWest
10-08-2009, 09:32 PM

i need names and addresses.....you know, just for research....:drool:

IWasSentWest
10-08-2009, 09:36 PM
and i never wear skin block, unless im at the beach, and that is just so i wont peel. i have the kind of skin that tans easily and is like leather. my dad is the same way...he's been in the sun for over 40 years and never had a problem. i know it's risky, but i have a fair bit of indian in me, and my skin is just made for the sun. i know im pushing my luck, but skin-block just isn't for me

Sam
10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
My father has a good bit of Cherokee in him as well. Stilll had a stage 3 melanoma that was ready to metastisize when it was removed. Be careful.

IWasSentWest
10-08-2009, 10:01 PM
oh i will. cancer is rough on my family as well. follows us around like the damn plague

John Blaze
10-09-2009, 04:43 AM
i have a fair bit of indian in me
want some mexican in you? :P

ICry4Oy
10-09-2009, 04:47 AM
Who doesn't!!!

John Blaze
10-09-2009, 04:54 AM

love your av, btw.

Jon
10-09-2009, 05:06 AM

i know right? lol

(303): Just tell them you need to fix a mistake real quick.:lol:

A little sick...and i love it!

cozener
10-09-2009, 05:36 AM
i have a fair bit of indian in me
want some mexican in you? :P Spoken like a true conservative US senator. :lol:

John Blaze
10-09-2009, 07:33 AM
i have a wide stance! honest!

tamez
10-09-2009, 09:33 AM
......this gives me an idea

which is?

I just couldn't resist bumping this today
it's Frizzle FRYYYdayyyyyy! :grouphug:

IWasSentWest
10-09-2009, 09:42 AM
i created a new topic doy! check it out.....

gsvec
10-09-2009, 06:22 PM
OH! Speaking of the State Fair.....they had these (4) chocolate covered strawberries on a stick. Looked way too much like used anal beads for me to dare try 'em.:panic:
I can't stop laughing . . . :rofl: :wtf: :lol:

klio
10-10-2009, 03:24 AM
they fart massive my friend :D :D

Randall Flagg
10-10-2009, 06:57 AM
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6379/forgetthisthread.gif

Lily-sai
10-10-2009, 08:50 AM
that's an awesome gif! :lol:

Jean
10-10-2009, 10:08 AM
dear friends,

Many thanks to everyone who has already taken part in the duscussion. The prevalent opinion of the management is that, although being inspiring and thought-provoking, the topic doesn't, however, warrant a separate thread. Everyone is very welcome to continue the present, or any other similar discussion here.

Jon
10-10-2009, 10:53 AM
i'M JUST HAPPY TO DISCOVER IT'S THERE AFTER THE DEAL BEGINS!!

Mark
10-10-2009, 11:31 AM
It definetly goes over.

ICry4Oy
10-11-2009, 07:46 AM
IT'S BAAAAAACON!!!!

Jean
10-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Where's the farting/peeing thread go?:unsure:

It was just a fun and silly thread. Yeah I know some people didn't like it. They didn't like it so much that they clicked on it and read and posted in it a bunch. There are plenty of threads I don't like so I don't read them. I don't like "melons" so I never read that one. I think Tarantino is a hack so I never read that one.

I did get several PMs thanking me for the laughs though.

Guess I'll just talk about BACON!!!!

sorry man, I meant to PM you! of course I didn't kill such a precious thread, I only merged it. Here it is: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?p=447829

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/0134-bear.gif

P.S. This thread is going to be merged very soon, too.

Brice
10-11-2009, 07:51 AM
The topic is still there though I'm not sure where exactly at the moment. It is somewhere in the Dixie Pig forum. It has been merged into another thread though. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit: Jean beat me to it.

ICry4Oy
10-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Sweet! :nana: Then just delete this one.

Brice
10-11-2009, 07:55 AM
We generally don't delete at all. We merge. :grouphug:

Jean
10-11-2009, 07:56 AM
I think I'll follow your advice. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_cool.gif

ICry4Oy
10-11-2009, 08:03 AM
My bad. I did a search on "anal beads" and nothing came back. My interweb skillz be lacking.

Jean
10-11-2009, 11:19 PM
When a conclusive number of votes has been achieved and the thread starter is satisfied, this thread will be merged with that thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2125).

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Opinions for two polls include

1. TP over or Under: Answer: three sea shells
2. Mayo or Miracle Whip: Answer: both are f'n gross......hot sauce

that is all

mia/susannah
10-12-2009, 03:57 AM
I think men should mow the lawn with out their shirts on. I wish we women could do that. You men make me envious in some ways!!!

Brice
10-12-2009, 03:58 AM
Oh, but you can. :innocent:

Letti
10-12-2009, 04:15 AM
I think men should mow the lawn with out their shirts on. I wish we women could do that. You men make me envious in some ways!!!

Oh, how often I feel the same way. Men are so lucky.. if they are hot they can put on a potato sack and they still look smokin' hot. In summer they can enjoy the day without shirt. All the good stuff.

mia/susannah
10-12-2009, 05:24 AM

Oh, how often I feel the same way. Men are so lucky.. if they are hot they can put on a potato sack and they still look smokin' hot. In summer they can enjoy the day without shirt. All the good stuff.

I know, makes me upset sometimes. Maybe I will start mowing the lawn without a shirt, at least I would make some money, they would pay me to put my shirt back on!!!:unsure:

Jon
10-12-2009, 05:35 AM
I just let the sheep graze there for a bit then put them out to pasture. They all wear wool shirts.

Jon
10-12-2009, 05:39 AM
anal beads and mayo!

alinda
10-12-2009, 07:33 AM
:doh:*faints*

cozener
10-12-2009, 08:00 AM

Yeah...its great. Add to that that I have a shaved head. Talk about making things simple. Putting sunscreen on is a breeze. Speaking of breeze, riding in a convertible is a carefree joy. No matter what I do I never have to worry about how my hair looks. :)

BTW Jean. I'm satisfied. :lol: Unless someone else wishes to expand upon the dynamics of yard work fashion, merge away.

Brice
10-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Well, since apparently shirts aren't considered neccessary; are pants? :unsure:

Darkthoughts
10-12-2009, 08:29 AM
If we're talking about pants in the British sense of the word...yes!

Brice
10-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Do you have a different definition of pants? :unsure:

Darkthoughts
10-12-2009, 08:31 AM
Yes, pants are underwear - what you call pants we call trousers :D

Brice
10-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Well, are either really needed for lawn care? :lol:

mia/susannah
10-12-2009, 08:35 AM
Well, since apparently shirts aren't considered neccessary; are pants? :unsure:

Not if you are the one mowing!!!!:evil::couple:

Brice
10-12-2009, 08:36 AM
:o

pathoftheturtle
10-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Opinions for two polls include

1. TP over or Under: Answer: three sea shells
2. Mayo or Miracle Whip: Answer: both are f'n gross......hot sauce

that is all:thumbsup:Right on! Those sentiments go double for me, BC. :orely: So, I guess, six sea shells and fire sauce.:harrier:

Jean
10-12-2009, 10:26 AM
BTW Jean. I'm satisfied. :lol: Unless someone else wishes to expand upon the dynamics of yard work fashion, merge away.
I would, right now, but the topic took an unexpected turn... I will wait some more...

cozener
10-12-2009, 11:15 AM
When weed wacking I'd suggest, at the very least, some safety glasses and a cup. Never know where those bits of root, pebbles, and twigs are going to fly.

Jon
10-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Yes, pants are underwear - what you call pants we call trousers :D

Now that's just weird.

She's different from me.

KILL HER!!

ICry4Oy
10-23-2009, 05:26 AM
Always check your shoes for spiders.

Odetta
10-23-2009, 06:12 AM
did you know that the average person swallows 4 to 8 spiders in their lifetime... usually when they are sleeping? :ninja:

ICry4Oy
10-23-2009, 06:25 AM
Yes! :nana: Also at most nearly every second of your life you are within three feet of a spider.

Odetta
10-23-2009, 09:33 AM
:scared:

Jon
10-23-2009, 07:24 PM
did you know that the average person swallows 4 to 8 spiders in their lifetime... usually when they are sleeping? :ninja:

On purpose??

Jon
10-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Spiders in the United States:

All spiders are venomous.

A "Daddy long leg" (Harvestman) is NOT a spider. (IT has only one body segment) it cannot spin a web but is often found caught by true spiders...thus it can be seen in a web. It has venom that can kill a human as quickly as the black widow but it's fangs cannot penetrate even the thinnest human skin.

...of the spiders in the U.S. only about 10 can penetrate the thinnest human skin.

..of these 10, the brown recluse gets the most attention

most "brown recluse" bites are the work of a very common Yellow sac spider.

The bite of a brown recluse spider causes an ulcer, pain around the ulcer and symptoms much like the flu. Untreated, the bite of the brown recluse can kill an upcompromised adult.

The yellow sac spider is far more abundant and causes a smaller ulcer with no flu like symptoms. An uncompromised adult will survive the yellow sac spider's bite. But it WILL suck. LOL

The black widow can and will kill. This beast has trouble penetrating human skin but clearly can do so.

Fortunately, the black widow and brown Recluse are...reclusive, and avoid moisture.

The brown widow's bite is readily survivable without treatment.

The hobo spider is the culprit in many of the other "brown recluse bites." It is not so reclusive. It's bite creates an ulcer smaller than a brown recluse but larger than the yellow sac spider. The hobo spider's bite will cause flu like symptoms and can kill an untreated, uncompromised adult.

The small red bumps that folks wake up with and claim to be "spider bites" are usually the work of bed bugs. The bed bug is making a big comeback in the U.S. I have seen them in many 5 star hotels and upper class homes. The bedbug has nothing to do with sanitation.

The real fear should lie with the assassin bug and the kissing bug. They tend to focus on tender skin of mouth, lips and nose (this is where their fangs can penetrate) as the human sleeps.

Don't be so quick to blame an itchy red bump on a spider. Think bed bug.

An ulcerated bite is more likely the yellow sac spider.

As the climate warms... educate yourself on the Kissing and assassin bug. Their venom is not an issue. The bacteria they transmit is an issue.

I have gleaned this information from 15 years in pest control/structural inspection. I have educated many doctors on the Yellow sac spider and the brown recluse.

Merlin1958
11-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Tell me what u think!!!! I think Beagles have waaaayyyy more personality than Bears, Your thoughts?

Sam
11-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Definitely Bears. Beagles are a lot more energetic than Bears, and Beagles make great burglar alarms from what I have heard (pun intended). HOWEVER, where Beagles will bark at the burglar and let everyone know he's there, Bears will simply maul the hell out of the burglar and let you sleep until morning when you can call the cops to come get the corpse.

Also, you don't have to walk Bears at 2am. I mean, don't we all know that Bears do their business in the woods?

BROWNINGS CHILDE
11-25-2009, 05:24 PM
Jean. I defer.

Jean
11-26-2009, 01:12 AM
This thread is shortly going to be merged with that thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2125), or, if enough good things are said about bears, with BearrrRRRrrrs thread.

gsvec
11-26-2009, 07:41 AM
:rofl: Touche!

Merlin1958
11-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Look I'm down with the Bears but Yogi over Snoopy? C'mon its a no-brainer Snoopy every time!!! If nothing else Snoopy makes it to every major sporting event!! LOL

Where's the Beagle Love?

:couple:

Merlin1958
11-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Definitely Bears. Beagles are a lot more energetic than Bears, and Beagles make great burglar alarms from what I have heard (pun intended). HOWEVER, where Beagles will bark at the burglar and let everyone know he's there, Bears will simply maul the hell out of the burglar and let you sleep until morning when you can call the cops to come get the corpse.

Also, you don't have to walk Bears at 2am. I mean, don't we all know that Bears do their business in the woods?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Woofer
11-26-2009, 08:55 AM
Obviously they are both handsome and intelligent. In fact, the awesome qualities of both are too long to list.

As we can see from this picture, beagles and bears get along well and have great respect for each other.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3280/2923019738_0bc24ab614.jpg

alinda
11-29-2009, 06:33 AM
:thumbsup:

My real devotion is and always will be to THE bear. Dogs are
nice and all ( even some are best friends I hear) but in the long
run a bear can do no wrong in my eyes and as noted by Sam
and my moms little doggie Annie Jewel dogs do...need I go on? :wtf:

PS Nice one Woofer! :lol:

Jon
11-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Bears just don't work well when they lay on your lap.

alinda
11-30-2009, 06:10 AM
;) really? I dont think I would mind it a bit:evil:
sides, even a bear should take a REST now & again:cool:

Merlin1958
11-30-2009, 10:41 AM
LOL Woofer!!!!!

:rofl:

cozener
12-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Whatever...otters pwn them both.

:excited:

Jean
12-04-2009, 11:58 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_whistle.gif

Lily-sai
12-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Bumblers follow the bears. :)

Jon
12-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Do bears pee on fire hydrants?

ladysai
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Good question, Jon!
I imagine bears come across hydrants often...
but, it woud make sense for them to mark their territory same as the beagles do.
What a comical image to imagine!

Jon
12-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I reckon they pee wherever they damn well please.

Jean
12-10-2009, 12:26 AM
precisely