PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Beauties UK S/L - Get it quick!

Pages : 1 [2]

becca69
10-02-2017, 12:37 PM
Can I ask what dates everyone received on their shipping notices who have already received their books? I'm kinda concerned that I've got nothing so far and nothing showing on USPS. (I got a shipping notice on Sept 25 but no tracking info).

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Received notice 9-25, received book today, 10-2.

C1TIZEN_X
10-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Got my notification on the 26th. No book yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

needfulthings
10-02-2017, 01:02 PM
Notification for both on the 25th & got books today.

ELazansky
10-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Email on 9-25, book on 9-30

becca69
10-02-2017, 01:13 PM
Wow, nothing here today either :(

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-02-2017, 01:15 PM
Yep, nothing here yet..tracking shows it leaving for New York..then nothing for past few days

Tommy
10-02-2017, 03:00 PM
I accidentally OKed the order to go through by not listening closely to the telephone prompt for the decline etc. so I wound up with a copy today and holy shit!! :excited: ... more to come...

About the tracking, I've watched mine from beginning to end as far as the tracking goes.

Tommy
10-02-2017, 03:03 PM
So far, I have 5 King signatures (2 are preorder) all of the same number, 53.

Tommy
10-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Today, when I knew the book was about to arrive, I did a little book collector prayer to get my number, 53 or maybe 19 or some other cool number and thinking, "yeah, right!"

Tommy
10-02-2017, 04:05 PM
http://imageshack.com/i/pnjOXTKTj

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-02-2017, 04:17 PM

Wow! Thats just awesome, dude! The book collecting gods smile upon your shadow :thumbsup:

jsmcmullen92
10-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Mine arrived today. Got #242 I think. (I already forgot in the hour since I opened it)

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-02-2017, 04:29 PM
53 again. Now THAT'S scary!

Room 217 Caretaker
10-02-2017, 04:38 PM

Mine arrived today and I never had tracking. Hope that makes you feel a little better.

Unfortunately, mine has scuff marks. Going to call them tomorrow. The way the cardboard sleeve arrived I should be thankful it's just scuff marks.

Mulleins

firemonkey66
10-02-2017, 04:57 PM

Mine arrived today and I never had tracking. Hope that makes you feel a little better.

Unfortunately, mine has scuff marks. Going to call them tomorrow. The way the cardboard sleeve arrived I should be thankful it's just scuff marks.

Mulleins

I sent them a message about my scuffed copy, referencing my order number and my case number from the original email I had sent them pleading for secure packaging, and haven’t received a response yet. Will you let us know how the phone call goes?

Room 217 Caretaker
10-02-2017, 05:12 PM

Mulleins

I sent them a message about my scuffed copy, referencing my order number and my case number from the original email I had sent them pleading for secure packaging, and haven’t received a response yet. Will you let us know how the phone call goes?

Will do.

Mulleins

Tommy
10-02-2017, 06:16 PM
So far, I have 5 King signatures (2 are preorder) all of the same number, 53.

The 53s I have so far are...

Cycle of the Werewolf Artwork Portfolio
Full Dark, No Stars
Doctor Sleep
The Shining
UK Sleeping Beauties
Carrie Artist Edition + Portfolio
'Salem's Lot Artist Edition + Portfolio
The Shining Artist Edition + Portfolio (Preorder)
The Eye of the Dragon Artwork Portfolio + Palladini Biography
Faithful
PS 'Salem's Lot Facsimile Anniversary Edition
Gwendy's Button Box (Preorder)
Night Shift Artist Edition (Preorder) + Portfolio (Preorder)
Sleeping Beauties (Preorder) + Artwork Portfolio (Preorder)
The Stand Artist Edition (Preorder)

How crazy is it that I randomly got the number I've been collecting?? :clap::wtf::rock:

wizardsrainbow
10-02-2017, 06:57 PM
I got a copy today....did not open it...shoddy as hell shipping again, lucky was not damaged....got another coming still under my name...this one was in wife's name.

EXPLORER
10-02-2017, 07:32 PM
Wife and I received our copies today 10-2-17. Tracked all the way to front porch.
They sent "book was shipped notice" on Sep 26 at 11:46 AM with tracking numbers.

Received copies 202 & 204... Would like to have 219
Mailer was sub par however both books arrived fine..... this time
Glad was not like the three Charlie Choo Choos that looked run over by train and kicked to side of road.

Brian861
10-03-2017, 04:25 AM

Wow! Thats just awesome, dude! The book collecting gods smile upon your shadow :thumbsup:

That's awesome, Tommy!

Brian861
10-03-2017, 05:29 AM
It's good to see that these are arriving with the same love and care of a BCE:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4208.JPG

Room 217 Caretaker
10-03-2017, 05:42 AM
Here's mine:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/668/medium/IMG_2297.JPG

Yep, scuffed and actual book corner marked.

My phone call didn't go well either. Here is roughly what was said back to me:

"I can only apologise for this happening, I have passed this over to the warehouse as they were informed by multiple colleagues of mine to make sure these were packaged carefully as to not damage them.

Unfortunately these are all now sold out. Again, sorry."

So, this is my last book ordered from Waterstone. Very disappointed.

Mulleins

jsmcmullen92
10-03-2017, 05:55 AM
Here's mine:

"I can only apologise for this happening, I have passed this over to the warehouse as they were informed by multiple colleagues of mine to make sure these were packaged carefully as to not damage them.

Mulleins

Did they at least offer your money back or partial refund?

Room 217 Caretaker
10-03-2017, 06:07 AM
No offer to do anything but a real nice apology. I think I gave in because of her accent....us silly men.

But, I can't complain much, I woke up this morning, read the obituaries, didn't see my name. It's a good day.

Mulleins

becca69
10-03-2017, 07:53 AM
Well, I think I would rather have a scuffed book than no book. I still haven't seen anything on USPS, which worries me because it tracks everything that's on it's way to you with your address. I see everything else I've ordered. So if mine is lost, I guess there is no hope of getting a replacement?

Still hoping I'm overreacting but most everyone seems to have gotten theirs.

webstar1000
10-03-2017, 07:54 AM
Well, I think I would rather have a scuffed book than no book. I still haven't seen anything on USPS, which worries me because it tracks everything that's on it's way to you with your address. I see everything else I've ordered. So if mine is lost, I guess there is no hope of getting a replacement?

I even got mine Friday and I am in Canada... that does seem long Becca...

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-03-2017, 07:55 AM

I still havent either..

becca69
10-03-2017, 08:03 AM
I just think it's really weird. And I'm on the East Coast, so you would think it would be here by now. Plus not having a tracking number.

becca69
10-03-2017, 08:03 AM

I still havent either..

Did you have a tracking number on your order?

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-03-2017, 08:11 AM

I still havent either..

Did you have a tracking number on your order?

Yeah i got tracking. Shipping confirmation on 26th. Last update on the 28th in the UK "on its way to NY). USPS side just shows "pre shipment". I know there are others that didnt get tracking, but the book just showed up. Honestly, i figured we would have received them by now (going off of others like you mentioned)

firemonkey66
10-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Here's mine:

Mulleins

Wow, that’s it? I haven’t gotten a response to my message and now it sounds like calling is just about as useful as not getting a reply to that email. Waterstones has definitely seen its last dollar from me.

Fsmdr
10-03-2017, 08:45 AM
Here's mine:

Mulleins

Wow, that’s it? I haven’t gotten a response to my message and now it sounds like calling is just about as useful as not getting a reply to that email. Waterstones has definitely seen its last dollar from me.

No reply to my email either. I see not how pointless contacting them would be.

Brian861
10-03-2017, 08:57 AM

I still havent either..

You're P.O. eats UK editions though, Chad :evil:

wizardsrainbow
10-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Related question....I just got 4 UK copies of the trade hardcover but copyright page has a "4" on every one. I'm assuming I got 4th printings? How is that possible? I think returning will be a nightmare.

Brian861
10-03-2017, 11:15 AM
Related question....I just got 4 UK copies of the trade hardcover but copyright page has a "4" on every one. I'm assuming I got 4th printings? How is that possible? I think returning will be a nightmare.

Where did you order them from, David? I ordered 8 from UK Amazon that are due in tomorrow. I'll be sure to check that out!

needfulthings
10-03-2017, 11:24 AM

I assume that there is also no image under the DJ?

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-03-2017, 12:56 PM

I still havent either..

You're P.O. eats UK editions though, Chad :evil:

Good point :biggrin:

stroppygoblin
10-03-2017, 01:43 PM

All the Uk editions regardless of where I purchased (Waterstones,WH Smith, Tesco, Asda, etc) all had full number lines beginning with ‘1’. Looks like you have 4th printings.

The Library Policeman
10-03-2017, 02:11 PM

All the Uk editions regardless of where I purchased (Waterstones,WH Smith, Tesco, Asda, etc) all had full number lines beginning with ‘1’. Looks like you have 4th printings.

Simon, my copies just have "1" with no full number lines. Is that what you meant?

peripheral
10-03-2017, 02:16 PM
OK, so my S/L has arrived in Australia. Same deal as others - just a shrink wrapped book in an oversized, corner battered box in which it was able to freely slide around while flying across the Indian Ocean. The shrink wrap was covered in scuffs but, thankfully and shockingly, the book and slipcase are in perfect shape.

needfulthings
10-03-2017, 02:30 PM
U.K. 1st EDITION COPYRIGHT PAGE.
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1760/NqNShg.jpg
U.K. S/L COPYRIGHT PAGE
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3694/tl1Bti.jpg

stroppygoblin
10-03-2017, 02:56 PM

Simon, my copies just have "1" with no full number lines. Is that what you meant?

Yes, just the single ‘1’ my bad. (I had just updated the catalog for the US edition and got confused!)

Hunchback Jack
10-03-2017, 04:18 PM
I received my S/L copy today. Same thin cardboard envelope with absolutely no padding inside. The book was literally sliding around in there. The shrink wrap is not torn except for a tiny tear on one corner, but it looks like the slipcase corners underneath might be a bit scuffed. No obvious dents, dings or scratches on either slipcase or book, though.

Very poor show for a collectible book. But I think I'll count myself lucky.

Roseannebarr
10-03-2017, 06:10 PM
I received my S/L copy today. Same thin cardboard envelope with absolutely no padding inside. The book was literally sliding around in there. The shrink wrap is not torn except for a tiny tear on one corner, but it looks like the slipcase corners underneath might be a bit scuffed. No obvious dents, dings or scratches on either slipcase or book, though.

Very poor show for a collectible book. But I think I'll count myself lucky.

It appears we all have a little torn plastic Corner both my copies due to I think that's from the shrink wrap process

wizardsrainbow
10-03-2017, 07:56 PM
U.K. 1st EDITION COPYRIGHT PAGE.
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1760/NqNShg.jpg
U.K. S/L COPYRIGHT PAGE
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3694/tl1Bti.jpg

THanks...Waterston'e (I pre-friggin ordered) sent me 4th printing copies...4 of them...would cost me $100 to ship back....not worth it....a write-off. SIGH

firemonkey66
10-03-2017, 08:06 PM
THanks...Waterston'e (I pre-friggin ordered) sent me 4th printing copies...4 of them...would cost me $100 to ship back....not worth it....a write-off. SIGH

That sucks, David. And it’s not like contacting customer service would help. I’m still waiting for a response about my not-so-rare dinged S/L variant.

needfulthings
10-04-2017, 12:15 AM
:wtf: I will never understand how the British learned to count...The way I see it theirs goes 1,4.2.3.5 This is the second time that people getting books from the U.K. received 4th printings shortly (less then a week) after the book was 1st printed. I believe TOMMY got a 4th of CTCC.
HAS ANYBODY IN THE U.K. SEEN A 2nd OR 3rd PRINTING OF SB OR CTCC?

stroppygoblin
10-04-2017, 12:29 AM

Thats a royal PITA David, sorry to hear that. Out of interest does it also omit the "First Hodder Edition September 2017" line?

needfulthings
10-04-2017, 01:48 AM
I don't believe that the First Hodder Edition line has to be removed because it is just stating fact & then lets you know what you now have is a 4th.IMHO

peripheral
10-04-2017, 01:54 AM

Man, sorry to hear that David. How the hell is this even possible? Fourth printing, already?

becca69
10-04-2017, 04:30 AM

Man, sorry to hear that David. How the hell is this even possible? Fourth printing, already?

Probably because of all the collector's trying to get the 5 (9) variants.

Brian861
10-04-2017, 04:33 AM
The UK 1st printings much be a really small run.

C1TIZEN_X
10-04-2017, 08:57 AM
OK, so on the 29th my tracking said "arrived in country, Kennedy New York."

I just checked the tracking again and the next line above arriving in Kennedy New York says, "Arrived in Country Curitiba" THAT'S IN BRAZIL!!!! I live in Georgia. Like the USA state of Georgia. WTF is going on here?

I am definitely not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about this. I'm really hoping it's some kind of computer glitch and my "well packaged" book hasn't decided to take a road trip to Brazil.

stroppygoblin
10-04-2017, 09:07 AM
UK 1sts are disappearing fast. All stores I went to today had the 4th printings.

Amongst my many orders were 2 from a local branch in Waterstones. Pre-ordered well before the release date. I finally got notification to pick them up today and guess what? - yep - 4th printings.

I declined. :nope:

C1TIZEN_X
10-04-2017, 09:08 AM
UK 1sts are disappearing fast. All stores I went to today had the 4th printings.

Amongst my many orders were 2 from a local branch in Waterstones. Pre-ordered well before the release date. I finally got notification to pick them up today and guess what? - yep - 4th printings.

I declined. :nope:

I pre ordered one as well, long before the release date. Got my shipping notification around the same time as the S/L. I supposed I'll get a damaged 4th edition :(

herbertwest
10-04-2017, 09:15 AM

So they dont have the animal embroided on them then?

becca69
10-04-2017, 09:18 AM

I just checked the tracking again and the next line above arriving in Kennedy New York says, "Arrived in Country Curitiba" THAT'S IN BRAZIL!!!! I live in Georgia. Like the USA state of Georgia. WTF is going on here?

I am definitely not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about this. I'm really hoping it's some kind of computer glitch and my "well packaged" book hasn't decided to take a road trip to Brazil.

OH NO! I wonder if mine is with yours??

C1TIZEN_X
10-04-2017, 09:20 AM

I sure hope not. No sense in more than one taking a road trip to nowhere :)

biomieg
10-04-2017, 10:13 AM
If anyone is looking for a UK 1st I can check over here. The copy I got last week is a 1st and I'm pretty sure the whole batch the store received are 1sts (and they won't sell out as quickly as in the UK). I can't guarantee I'll be able to find F/F copies, however.

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-04-2017, 10:25 AM

Damn.. I bet mine is along for the ride as well:scared:

C1TIZEN_X
10-04-2017, 10:27 AM
If anyone is looking for a UK 1st I can check over here. The copy I got last week is a 1st and I'm pretty sure the whole batch the store received are 1sts (and they won't sell out as quickly as in the UK). I can't guarantee I'll be able to find F/F copies, however.

I may take you up on that offer as soon as I receive my copy to see if it's a 1st or not. I doubt it from some of the comments I've seen on here.

biomieg
10-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Cover price for the book itself is less than $30, but shipping from the Netherlands to the US will most likely be another $30. If that is okay with you, let me know and I'll try to find you a nice copy.

becca69
10-04-2017, 10:50 AM

I may take you up on that offer as soon as I receive my copy to see if it's a 1st or not. I doubt it from some of the comments I've seen on here.

I may have an extra UK regular 1st. Will know once I receive all my orders.

Brian861
10-04-2017, 11:00 AM

I should have 8 copies arriving today if Becca can't help you out and if they're actual 1st printings. No intend to cut you out of the loop, Michaël.

Brian861
10-04-2017, 11:04 AM

Apparently they are ignoring my emails has I have sent 3 in as many days, inquiring if they tried to push payment through again as I requested. My order was for a member here but we both have thrown in the towel and said, Screw It. I did send off one last email thanking them for their consideration of the matter.

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-04-2017, 11:10 AM

Apparently they are ignoring my emails has I have sent 3 in as many days, inquiring if they tried to push payment through again as I requested. My order was for a member here but we both have thrown in the towel and said, Screw It. I did send off one last email thanking them for their consideration of the matter.

Waterstones has a PhD in jackassery

Brian861
10-04-2017, 11:13 AM
Waterstones has a PhD in jackassery

+1!

biomieg
10-04-2017, 11:37 AM

I should have 8 copies arriving today if Becca can't help you out and if they're actual 1st printings. No intend to cut you out of the loop, Michaël.

No worries! As long as our friends here get the books they need I'm a happy camper (whether or not I have anything to do with it haha).

C1TIZEN_X
10-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Well, I guess I should have been okay with my copy being in Brazil. Go figure, I had a package waiting for me when I got home from work. I swear, the box it was in is even thinner than the BCE edition packaging. One end was open, not loose, OPEN. I could see the book without even having to pick up the box. I'm surprised it ever made it to my house.

Needless to say, it fits into the "damaged on arrival" category. Both the slip case and book are in less than perfect shape. It's too late to call Waterhead's, but I did file a complaint online. I got the, "thanks for taking the time to get in touch" automated email with a case number. I guess I'll wait and see what they say, if anything. Not really much I can do. It's not like there are replacements available.

peripheral
10-04-2017, 01:00 PM
How can any business cammand high-end prices and ship it like it's a low-end piece of trash? Fukinbullshit.

Hope they sort it out for you Joe... I wonder what their options are, given it's a limited. Have they offered replacements in the past?

C1TIZEN_X
10-04-2017, 01:06 PM
How can any business cammand high-end prices and shipping it like it's a low-end piece of trash? Fukinbullshit.

Hope they sort it out for you Joe... I wonder what their options are, given it's a limited. Have they offered replacements in the past?

This is my first time dealing with them on an issue like this, so I don't know what they've done in the past. I'm going to call them tomorrow, but I do not think they can even offer a replacement. The fact that it sold out within hours I doubt they even have any replacements to offer. I don't know how many books arrived damaged, but there are a lot of copies that arrived in the US that sustained varying degrees of damage. Very disheartening.

Not that I was even looking to sell my copy, but if I did decide to sell down the road I don't even know what it would be worth now.

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-04-2017, 01:07 PM
How can any business cammand high-end prices and shipping it like it's a low-end piece of trash? Fukinbullshit.

I wonder what their options are, given it's a limited. Have they offered replacements in the past?

Probably not much. I think they offered some replacements with UTD(at least in some instances to my recollection). From other member's interactions, it sounds like thats not the case with SB

Well, I guess I should have been okay with my copy being in Brazil. Go figure, I had a package waiting for me when I got home from work. I swear, the box it was in is even thinner than the BCE edition packaging. One end was open, not loose, OPEN. I could see the book without even having to pick up the box. I'm surprised it ever made it to my house.

Needless to say, it fits into the "damaged on arrival" category. Both the slip case and book are in less than perfect shape. It's too late to call Waterhead's, but I did file a complaint online. I got the, "thanks for taking the time to get in touch" automated email with a case number. I guess I'll wait and see what they say, if anything. Not really much I can do. It's not like there are replacements available.

Sorry man, that is lame as hell. I'm sure my copy will suffer the same fate, and im hopeful yet doubtful about Waterstones ability to rectify

firemonkey66
10-04-2017, 01:34 PM
I got an email back from Waterstones today and was offered the option to either send the book back or get a £50 partial refund. Needless to say, I chose the partial refund. We'll see if it comes through. Anybody else get something similar?

needfulthings
10-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Ready for some more bad news VJ BOOKS & Owen did not meet up on Tuesday so it looks like these books will have tipped in signatures.They are only getting 32 U.K. books (SOLD OUT) when I heard from them today they only have gotten one box (8 books All 1st editions all MOTH covers) hopefully the other 3 boxes will have the variant covers & also be 1st editions.

Room 217 Caretaker
10-04-2017, 03:54 PM
I got an email back from Waterstones today and was offered the option to either send the book back or get a £50 partial refund. Needless to say, I chose the partial refund. We'll see if it comes through. Anybody else get something similar?

I didn't get offered a partial refund. I'm calling them back tomorrow.

Mulleins

firemonkey66
10-04-2017, 04:00 PM

Mulleins

I had posted a bunch of comments on their Facebook page telling people to not buy books from Waterstones because of their crappy shipping and customer service. That might have provided some encouragement for them to do something. Some Waterstones person actually responded to one of the posts.

C1TIZEN_X
10-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Now that sounds like something I can get on board with. If I don't hear anything from them I guess I'll have to "go public" so to speak.

becca69
10-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Ready for some more bad news VJ BOOKS & Owen did not meet up on Tuesday so it looks like these books will have tipped in signatures.They are only getting 32 U.K. books (SOLD OUT) when I heard from them today they only have gotten one box (8 books All 1st editions all MOTH covers) hopefully the other 3 boxes will have the variant covers & also be 1st editions.

I emailed them earlier today to ask about verified 1st prints. They told me the same and that I was the 9th order so when the next box arrives they will check them to make sure they are 1sts and mine would come out of that box.

becca69
10-04-2017, 04:27 PM

That's terrible. No copy here. Mine might be in Brazil.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-04-2017, 04:34 PM
So, do these damaged copies make mine worth more money?

(I am now running away as fast as I can to avoid the sticks and stones being thrown at me)

C1TIZEN_X
10-04-2017, 04:42 PM

(I am now running away as fast as I can to avoid the sticks and stones being thrown at me)

No sticks here :) I've discussed this with another *victim. We decided that we probably have the more desirable "special dinged edition". If you think about it, our copies are more limited than yours now!!

But seriously, you are probably correct thinking the undamaged ones are more than likely going to be more sought after.

The way I am going to approach this is, "at least I have a 1 of 250 double signed limited edition".

becca69
10-04-2017, 04:51 PM

No sticks here :) I've discussed this with another *victim. We decided that we probably have the more desirable "special dinged edition". If you think about it, our copies are more limited than yours now!!

But seriously, you are probably correct thinking the undamaged ones are more than likely going to be more sought after.

The way I am going to approach this is, "at least I have a 1 of 250 double signed limited edition".

I have the 0 of 0 special invisible edition. Super deluxe limited with invisible ink.

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-04-2017, 04:54 PM
Darn it! Now I have to add the invisible and the slightly damaged and the badly damaged editions to my want list!

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-04-2017, 04:55 PM
[/QUOTE]

I have the 0 of 0 special invisible edition. Super deluxe limited with invisible ink.[/QUOTE]

:emot-roflolmao:

Room 217 Caretaker
10-04-2017, 05:11 PM
I have the 0 of 0 special invisible edition. Super deluxe limited with invisible ink.[/QUOTE]:emot-roflolmao:[/QUOTE]

Don't laugh, I own one of the King signed limited Cujo "Air Guitars".

Mulleins

Hunchback Jack
10-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Condolences to everyone who got damaged copies or fourth printings. That really sucks.

I have a couple of UK editions still on the way, and one of them is in doubt. Fingers crossed.

HBJ

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-04-2017, 05:29 PM
I have the 0 of 0 special invisible edition. Super deluxe limited with invisible ink.:emot-roflolmao:[/QUOTE]

Don't laugh, I own one of the King signed limited Cujo "Air Guitars".

Mulleins[/QUOTE]

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/777/airguitar.jpg

C1TIZEN_X
10-04-2017, 05:39 PM

I have the 0 of 0 special invisible edition. Super deluxe limited with invisible ink.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

becca69
10-04-2017, 06:01 PM
So I'm holding out hope that my S/L will actually arrive, but if that doesn't happen, would anyone who purchased 2 or more copies be willing to part with one for a signed US trade edition?? Let me know.

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-05-2017, 08:16 AM
Mine just showed up. Bullshit packing of course. Minor slipcase corner rubbing (like others).

firemonkey66
10-05-2017, 05:01 PM

Mulleins

Ralph, did you call again? Any luck?

Room 217 Caretaker
10-06-2017, 03:02 AM

Mulleins

No luck yet. Beth Orton (I think that's how you spell her name) from customer support is trying to find out how to give the partial refund.

I won't give up.

Update:

Just got off the phone with customer support. They take each issue case by case and I was just told I WILL NOT receive a partial refund. I can't express how disappointed I am in Waterstones. Never Never NEVER AGAIN.

I wish I had worked out something with one of our friends across the pond to pick one up.

Ralph Mulleins

firemonkey66
10-06-2017, 04:50 AM

Mulleins

No luck yet. Beth Orton (I think that's how you spell her name) from customer support is trying to find out how to give the partial refund.

I won't give up.

Update:

Just got off the phone with customer support. They take each issue case by case and I was just told I WILL NOT receive a partial refund. I can't express how disappointed I am in Waterstones. Never Never NEVER AGAIN.

I wish I had worked out something with one of our friends across the pond to pick one up.

Ralph Mulleins

Ralph, that totally blows. I’m sorry to hear it. It’s unfair as hell that they are making some kind of case by case decision when the constant is Waterstones shitty packaging led to book damage.

Fsmdr
10-06-2017, 08:00 AM

Mulleins

I won't give up.

Update:

Ralph Mulleins

Sorry to hear that, Ralph. I was offered the partial refund. Did you provide photos?

Room 217 Caretaker
10-06-2017, 09:30 AM

Mulleins

I won't give up.

Update:

Ralph Mulleins

Sorry to hear that, Ralph. I was offered the partial refund. Did you provide photos?

I did provide photos. After my email of sharing disappointment one more time they are revisiting the partial refund. More drama to come. For the record, I haven't been mean to them, I've just tried to get the point across that you can't charge $355 for a book that only a few hundred are produced and ship it like its a coloring book.

Mulleins

Room 217 Caretaker
10-06-2017, 02:25 PM
(continued from the thread directly above)....and here is the damage I'm trying to get a partial refund on:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/668/medium/Damaged_Waterstones_Book.JPG

Mulleins

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-06-2017, 02:57 PM
(continued from the thread directly above)....and here is the damage I'm trying to get a partial refund on:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/668/medium/Damaged_Waterstones_Book.JPG

Mulleins

Pulling for ya, Ralph. That crap is unacceptable...no reason they shouldnt partially refund on that sort of shenanigans

Brian861
10-06-2017, 02:58 PM
For the record, I haven't been mean to them, I've just tried to get the point across that you can't charge $355 for a book that only a few hundred are produced and ship it like its a coloring book. Mulleins

Best analogy yet of their shipping practices.

wizardsrainbow
10-09-2017, 08:47 AM
I am looking to acquire 1-2 Sleeping Beauties UK S/Ls. Contact me at david@bettsbooks.com please

C1TIZEN_X
10-09-2017, 08:51 AM
I am looking to acquire 1-2 Sleeping Beauties UK S/Ls. Contact me at david@bettsbooks.com please

I assume you are looking for the undamaged version, correct? :)

needfulthings
10-09-2017, 10:39 AM

I emailed them earlier today to ask about verified 1st prints. They told me the same and that I was the 9th order so when the next box arrives they will check them to make sure they are 1sts and mine would come out of that box.

As of this point in time they have not received boxes 2-4.

becca69
10-09-2017, 12:50 PM

My order is on the way and it's the Moth variant. They said that's all they've received. Didn't specify if all the boxes had arrived or not.

EXPLORER
10-09-2017, 03:28 PM

My order is on the way and it's the Moth variant. They said that's all they've received. Didn't specify if all the boxes had arrived or not.

Did you ever get your UK SL ? I've been busy here and may have missed what happened to yours.

wizardsrainbow
10-09-2017, 08:53 PM

I assume you are looking for the undamaged version, correct? :)

correct

becca69
10-10-2017, 06:46 AM

Did you ever get your UK SL ? I've been busy here and may have missed what happened to yours.

It is not here yet. I contacted Waterstone's and they gave me an actual tracking number after first giving me one with nine "1"s. It's been going all over the place. The zip code was keyed in wrong by one number. It's currently somewhere near me but not here. The post office said it should show up... but at this point I'm not too confident that it will be in a "book shape". :shrug:

Room 217 Caretaker
10-10-2017, 06:53 AM
Update:

I did get a partial refund from Waterstones. They apologized and said Waterstones is looking into a different protocol to handle limited books and shipping to the US.

Mulleins

herbertwest
10-10-2017, 07:30 AM
Would be easier for them to forbid foreign purchase on those titles !

webstar1000
10-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Would be easier for them to forbid foreign purchase on those titles !

It would be EASIER to take better care with packaging. Still same problem unless you live in the same city they are shipping from.

Fsmdr
10-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Update:

I did get a partial refund from Waterstones. They apologized and said Waterstones is looking into a different protocol to handle limited books and shipping to the US.

Mulleins

Halleluyah!

firemonkey66
10-10-2017, 08:50 AM
Update:

Mulleins

Glad to hear it, Ralph:)

Brian861
10-10-2017, 10:50 AM
Update:

Mulleins

Great to hear, Ralph! Guess we'll find out in June when the next book drops.

jsmcmullen92
10-10-2017, 10:53 AM

It is not here yet. I contacted Waterstone's and they gave me an actual tracking number after first giving me one with nine "1"s. It's been going all over the place. The zip code was keyed in wrong by one number. It's currently somewhere near me but not here. The post office said it should show up... but at this point I'm not too confident that it will be in a "book shape". :shrug:

Wait you keyed in the zip wrong or they did? Because if they keyed it in wrong their systems are all kinds of messed up. It should auto print shipping based on what you type into the shipping address in the web form.

becca69
10-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Wait you keyed in the zip wrong or they did? Because if they keyed it in wrong their systems are all kinds of messed up. It should auto print shipping based on what you type into the shipping address in the web form.

The USPS says they see that the correct address is on the label but the tracking shows wrong zip code. They said someone keyed it in wrong somewhere along the line. I checked my order on Waterstone's website and the delivery address is correct, so could be customs or possibly Waterstone's fulfillment? Not sure.

becca69
10-10-2017, 02:38 PM
My S/L just arrived. The box looked terrible and it had the wrong zip code. Luckily the book only had some rubbing on one of the slipcase corners... not perfect but better than expected.

On the other hand, just received VJ Books Owen signed UK copy and although it's a 1st print, mine does not have an animal stamp on the front boards. I've contacted them to see what can be done. I'm assuming printing error.

C1TIZEN_X
10-10-2017, 03:02 PM
My S/L just arrived. The box looked terrible and it had the wrong zip code. Luckily the book only had some rubbing on one of the slipcase corners... not perfect but better than expected.

On the other hand, just received VJ Books Owen signed UK copy and although it's a 1st print, mine does not have an animal stamp on the front boards. I've contacted them to see what can be done. I'm assuming printing error.

I'm glad your S/L showed up with minimal war wounds. Congrats on that :)

Room 217 Caretaker
10-10-2017, 03:06 PM
+1

zelig
10-10-2017, 06:06 PM
Yay.

andyg75
10-10-2017, 09:19 PM

Glad your S/L arrived with minor war wounds, especially compared to some :thumbsup:

becca69
10-11-2017, 04:54 AM
I'm wondering if anyone else has received a UK 1st printing that doesn't have an animal on the boards?

Room 217 Caretaker
10-11-2017, 05:20 AM
I'm wondering if anyone else has received a UK 1st printing that doesn't have an animal on the boards?

My "peacock" copy has a 1

Mulleins

Beverly Marsh
10-11-2017, 06:07 AM
I went into Gerald's on Monday to buy a UK edition of Sleeping Beauties and he didn't have any with the animal stamp. He said retail versions do not have the stamp so I'm not sure what that means in the long run or which stores have and don't have it.

stroppygoblin
10-11-2017, 07:05 AM
I went into Gerald's on Monday to buy a UK edition of Sleeping Beauties and he didn't have any with the animal stamp. He said retail versions do not have the stamp so I'm not sure what that means in the long run or which stores have and don't have it.

"Retail versions" DO have the stamp, but only the 1st editions. Becca seems to have a real anomaly here. Maybe they ran out of Animal boards before they ran out of 1st print page blocks?

If so that makes ANOTHER 1st print variant.....

becca69
10-11-2017, 07:27 AM

"Retail versions" DO have the stamp, but only the 1st editions. Becca seems to have a real anomaly here. Maybe they ran out of Animal boards before they ran out of 1st print page blocks?

The VJ Books version also has a tipped in page with a printed box where Owen signed.

Here is a pic of the front board:
https://s20.postimg.org/olc76txdp/IMG_6323.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/d8zlp1oop/)

becca69
10-11-2017, 07:35 AM
https://s20.postimg.cc/imydwlef1/IMG_6325.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/mw33yrho9/)

https://s20.postimg.cc/hje9kmtrx/IMG_6324.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/kdhey2vy1/)

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-12-2017, 05:11 AM
They still seem to be available, so I signed up and ordered one. We will see!

becca69
10-12-2017, 06:14 AM
I received news I would get a £50 refund as well as notification that they are adding a new overseas/high value packaging to avoid future damages.

Randall Flagg
10-12-2017, 07:32 AM
These arrived a few days ago. Thanks to a member here.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1507822206-WHS%20Smith%20SB%20Tiger.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1507822219-Tesco%20SB%20Peacock%20DJ.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1507822229-Tesco%20SB%20Peacock%20board.JPG

ur2ndbiggestfan
10-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Keep the tiger away from the peacock, or the tiger will be sorry.

Beverly Marsh
10-12-2017, 12:09 PM

The VJ Books version also has a tipped in page with a printed box where Owen signed.

Here is a pic of the front board:
https://s20.postimg.org/olc76txdp/IMG_6323.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/d8zlp1oop/)

Ah, I see! My head is going to explode ala Scanners with all of these variants. I'm not even attempting to get them all. Maybe just one or two :rolleyes3:

Brian861
10-12-2017, 05:23 PM
Ah, I see! My head is going to explode ala Scanners with all of these variants. I'm not even attempting to get them all. Maybe just one or two :rolleyes3:

I told myself that once too, Lori :)

Brian861
10-13-2017, 07:43 AM
I guess with today being Friday the 13th and all that it would be fitting that my order (for a fellow member) for the S/L would finally be approved. I was also ensured by Waterstones that "extra packaging" will be used. We shall see once it arrives.

tippy4
10-14-2017, 06:10 PM
Interesting fact....more than 10% of the total print run has been sold, or is for sale on the secondary market.

stroppygoblin
10-15-2017, 03:20 AM
Interesting fact....more than 10% of the total print run has been sold, or is for sale on the secondary market.

Would that be considered higher than average? Sounds about right to me for a newly released collectible.

Johnpotten
10-15-2017, 06:09 AM
Some Waterstones still have firsts, my local has Fox and Tiger at the moment. So keep hunting!

MikeDuke
10-15-2017, 07:17 AM
Very fine is selling these for $1200, if it's the same book so congrats to those who were able to get them
http://www.veryfinebooks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SK906

becca69
10-15-2017, 08:34 AM
Very fine is selling these for $1200, if it's the same book so congrats to those who were able to get them
http://www.veryfinebooks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SK906

I believe this is due to the Cemetery Dance auction. The prices have jumped since theirs ended.

zachip
10-15-2017, 11:28 AM
i think i got the world's first uniquely "damage" edition. do you see the "white growth"....?:wtf:

https://s1.postimg.org/114fgzzqj3/IMG_20171015_221517.jpg

tippy4
10-15-2017, 01:42 PM

Would that be considered higher than average? Sounds about right to me for a newly released collectible.

Within two weeks of release?....yes I would say so.

Randall Flagg
10-15-2017, 02:24 PM
Just a guess, but a small group of 10-15 buyers picked up ~60-75 total copies.

Brian861
10-23-2017, 10:41 AM
I guess with today being Friday the 13th and all that it would be fitting that my order (for a fellow member) for the S/L would finally be approved. I was also ensured by Waterstones that "extra packaging" will be used. We shall see once it arrives.

It arrived in a subpar outer shell and the book was free to move around inside of the shell but it did seem to be wrapped up pretty good. Upon removing the additional packaging, the book appears to be in F/F shape as it was wrapped in several layers of packing material. The only improvement I'd like to see is that the book be shipped inside of an actual box for added protection. Photos in spoiler tag below:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4287.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4288.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4289.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4290.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4291.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4292.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4293.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4294.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4295.JPG

zelig
10-23-2017, 10:51 AM
I’m disappointed that I didn’t get the dinged variant this time.

C1TIZEN_X
10-23-2017, 11:00 AM

I'll sell you mine...it will probably end up being the most sought after dinged variant due to the damage it sustained. I couldn't even get it out of the slipcase at first. Deal of the day, original price plus shipping and it's yours.

becca69
10-23-2017, 11:16 AM

It arrived in a subpar outer shell and the book was free to move around inside of the shell but it did seem to be wrapped up pretty good. Upon removing the additional packaging, the book appears to be in F/F shape as it was wrapped in several layers of packing material. The only improvement I'd like to see is that the book be shipped inside of an actual box for added protection. Photos in spoiler tag below:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4287.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4288.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4289.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4290.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4291.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4292.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4293.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4294.JPGhttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/IMG_4295.JPG

Looks like they are using the same "box" but adding the padding.

Brian861
10-23-2017, 11:20 AM

Looks like they are using the same "box" but adding the padding.

Pretty much.

zelig
10-23-2017, 03:57 PM

I'll sell you mine...it will probably end up being the most sought after dinged variant due to the damage it sustained. I couldn't even get it out of the slipcase at first. Deal of the day, original price plus shipping and it's yours.

Thanks, that’s very kind of you but I stopped collecting variants. So I will just stay with my undamaged copy for now. :smile: