PDA

View Full Version : Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 3 - Group 25 of 32

T-Dogz_AK47
08-06-2017, 12:43 PM
During the third round of The Best Movie Scene Tournament, please vote for up to two movie scenes you would like to move onto the next round. The top two movie scenes will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given movie scene receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are:

Hospital Scene - Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdzCb_hjoTY

Baptism scene - The Godfather (1972)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHbQr6Xsy8U

"The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled" - The Usual Suspects (1995) *** WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER ***

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYXXhn9fMYs

Bambi's Mom vs Hunter - Bambi (1942)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sCqMEkgLIw

T-Dogz_AK47
08-06-2017, 12:50 PM
The cartoon is fucked.

fernandito
08-08-2017, 02:59 PM
As much as I love me some T2 - and you guys know I do - The Godfather and Usual Suspects scenes are better individually.

mae
08-08-2017, 03:27 PM
The cartoon is fucked.

Not so much.

Still Servant
08-08-2017, 05:47 PM
As much as I love me some T2 - and you guys know I do - The Godfather and Usual Suspects scenes are better individually.

I'm in the same boat on this one.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-13-2017, 12:54 PM
The poll has closed and the following movie scenes are moving on to the next round:

Hospital Scene - Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) 50.00%
"The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled" - The Usual Suspects (1995) 50.00%

And the following are eliminated:

Baptism scene - The Godfather (1972) 38.89%
Bambi's Mom vs Hunter - Bambi (1942) 33.33%

mae
08-13-2017, 02:21 PM
:mad1:

fernandito
08-14-2017, 07:47 AM
Everyone that didn't vote for The Godfather is now on my shit list.

webstar1000
08-14-2017, 08:00 AM

That was me and I can't lie. I STILL get goosebumps when that scene comes on and I have see T2 a 100 times or more. Godfather scene... not once.

DoctorZaius
08-14-2017, 08:08 AM

I am right with you. Terminator II, really?

fernandito
08-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Michael orchestrating the death of all his enemies simultaneously, juxtaposed over a scene of him renouncing evil at a baptism. What a scene.

ladysai
08-14-2017, 12:07 PM
Michael orchestrating the death of all his enemies simultaneously, juxtaposed over a scene of him renouncing evil at a baptism. What a scene.

This was an amazing scene, and I hate that its been eliminated.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-14-2017, 12:10 PM
The "I believe in America..." scene is better.

DoctorZaius
08-14-2017, 12:40 PM
The "I believe in America..." scene is better.

Both are better than that Terminator 2 scene, but that's the way the masses voted.

mae
08-14-2017, 01:24 PM
The culprit here is The Usual Suspects. It's a cool twist and I love the movie, but it's not better than The Godfather scene, nor the Bambi scene.

Still Servant
08-14-2017, 06:49 PM
This one hurts.

fernandito
08-15-2017, 07:52 AM
The culprit here is The Usual Suspects. It's a cool twist and I love the movie, but it's not better than The Godfather scene, nor the Bambi scene.

I respectfully disagree. TUS twist automatically makes the entire movie better in retrospect.

The realization on Kujan's face when he realizes that the monster he's been chasing has been tricking and manipulating him the entire time, lacing bits of his story with things he sees around the office is brilliant.

I love that shot in the beginning of the movie of Soze looking around the office, collecting verbal ammo to use in the partially made up story he's about to tell.

What a scene, what an ending!

Still Servant
08-15-2017, 05:04 PM

I respectfully disagree. TUS twist automatically makes the entire movie better in retrospect.

The realization on Kujan's face when he realizes that the monster he's been chasing has been tricking and manipulating him the entire time, lacing bits of his story with things he sees around the office is brilliant.

I love that shot in the beginning of the movie of Soze looking around the office, collecting verbal ammo to use in the partially made up story he's about to tell.

What a scene, what an ending!

It's perfectly played too. That said, the baptism scene is just pure cinematic perfection.

Jimimck
08-15-2017, 08:38 PM
I'm proud to say I voted for TUS scene. Its one I'll never forget, unlike The Godfather scene.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-15-2017, 10:23 PM
I'm proud to say I voted for TUS scene. Its one I'll never forget, unlike The Godfather scene.

I also voted for TUS and the "Hospital scene" from Terminator 2.

Everything about the Hospital scene, screams cinematic genius. That and the TUS scene were the only viable choices here....