PDA

View Full Version : RIP George Romero

Room 217 Caretaker
07-16-2017, 02:30 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/george-romero-father-zombie-film-dies-77-214709087.html

jhanic
07-16-2017, 03:10 PM
RIP

John

The Library Policeman
07-16-2017, 03:12 PM
RIP Mr Romero. You made some great movies.

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-16-2017, 03:12 PM
RIP to a true legend

Ari_Racing
07-16-2017, 03:55 PM
RIP :(

cit74
07-16-2017, 04:38 PM
RIP - wonder how this will affect Gantlets soon to be published limited Night of the Living dead - Mr. Romero was to write the preface and sign the lettered editions (gauntlet still has PC lettered available on their site).

DoctorZaius
07-16-2017, 05:20 PM
A true auteur in every sense of the word. His imprint is all over each of his films. The zombie genre lost its father. Very sad.

ur2ndbiggestfan
07-16-2017, 08:50 PM
I remember sitting in a theater in 1978. There was me, some guy about ten rows ahead of me in the left hand section seats. Near the front and in the center section were two girls. That was it. We were all watching DAWN OF THE DEAD. When the helicopter blade sliced the top of the zombie's head off I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud, and I could tell the guy in front of me was doing the same. The two girls got up, walked out, and we never saw them again.

Thank you George Romero. I had a great time.

herbertwest
07-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Rest In Peace

Tommy
07-17-2017, 03:25 AM
R.I.P.

becca69
07-17-2017, 05:09 AM
He was a super nice guy and I was lucky enough to meet him.

https://s20.postimg.org/irrin9fi5/George_Romero_MMC.jpg (https://postimage.org)

https://s20.postimg.org/tq2s5g43h/George_Romero_2_MMC.jpg (https://postimage.org)

Beverly Marsh
07-17-2017, 05:24 AM
Great photos becca!
I agree, met him a couple of times over the past few years and he was a helluva nice guy. Always love the giant glasses.
R.I.P. sir.

Tommy
07-17-2017, 07:58 AM
RIP - wonder how this will affect Gantlets soon to be published limited Night of the Living dead - Mr. Romero was to write the preface and sign the lettered editions (gauntlet still has PC lettered available on their site).

The website now says this....

" The late George Romero, director of “Night of the Living Dead” provided a preface and signed the lettered edition. "

The price also went from $300 to $400.

becca69
07-17-2017, 08:11 AM

" The late George Romero, director of “Night of the Living Dead” provided a preface and signed the lettered edition. "

It originally was $200-250.

Tommy
07-17-2017, 08:16 AM

It originally was $200-250.

That's right, glad I got one when it was cheaper. When I checked last night, it was at $300, this morning it's $400.

Kingfan24
07-17-2017, 08:47 AM
To me that price increase is pretty shitty.

jsmcmullen92
07-17-2017, 08:48 AM
That seems like such a shitty and unethical market strategy as a publisher. I get that it happens on the second hand market but as a publisher you should base your price off of cost to make not off of someones death or because collectability went up. If that were the case every time a publisher went to sell a book the price would skyrocket as the stock decreases. an SK S/L would start at $450 and the last copy to sell would be $1000 because it is worth more now...
Alright vent over...

becca69
07-17-2017, 09:39 AM
I agree. Taschen does the same thing :(

Randall Flagg
07-17-2017, 10:46 AM
I think (as a private seller) you would have done it.

Kingfan24
07-17-2017, 10:48 AM
I think (as a private seller) you would have done it.

See jsmcmullens comment above. Those are my feelings.

Randall Flagg
07-17-2017, 11:49 AM
The price certainly went up overnight, but what are the rules? As a publisher, how long should you wait before selling a PC, or your personal supply at above issue price?
If Charnel House happened to dig up one of their copies of the Lettered Regulators, should they sell it at published price?

I'm not taking sides right now as I hadn't thought about it at length, but certainly "Dynamic pricing" is already being done by many businesses (every major sports league in the USA).

becca69
07-17-2017, 12:04 PM
The price certainly went up overnight, but what are the rules? As a publisher, how long should you wait before selling a PC, or your personal supply at above issue price?
If Charnel House happened to dig up one of their copies of the Lettered Regulators, should they sell it at published price?

I'm not taking sides right now as I hadn't thought about it at length, but certainly "Dynamic pricing" is already being done by many businesses (every major sports league in the USA).

Just my two cents - it hasn't even been released yet, so I think the price should stay the same.

cit74
07-17-2017, 05:53 PM

Just my two cents - it hasn't even been released yet, so I think the price should stay the same.

I think the actual initial price was $150 - before they had Romero locked in. Once they announced he was going to sign they increased the price to $200 - which I felt was reasonable. I presumed all of the lettered sold - since only PC was left. They also increased prices once Joe hill was announced he was signing the new gaiman book. So it's not new them. I think there are several here that would "cash" in on an unfortunate event as well. Maybe just list them at that price on eBay then and not directly on their site? Dark regions will also increase prices on books based on "new" info. I guess I can't blame a smaller press - but of course I'd love to see it at original price.

DoctorZaius
07-17-2017, 07:34 PM
I have no problem with the price increase. People who wanted it could have gotten it before Romero's death. Those looking to buy now are most likely looking to make a buck.