PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Tower Comics Series - General Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

lophophoras
12-13-2010, 04:07 PM
:thumbsup:

turtlex
12-14-2010, 03:38 AM
So... definitely we'll all be getting one ( or two, or five ) eventually!! :lol:

GLynnister
12-28-2010, 05:53 PM
I have recently been exposed to The Dark Tower series and the premise completely fascinates me.
As i am a fan of graphic novels i went out and brought the series today.
However when i got home i though i would check something....
should i read the actual book series first and then come back for extra info?
or should i read these and then the books?

alkanto
12-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the site, GLynnister! :)

Personally, I read the entire series of books before I got to the comics. I didn't have any trouble understanding either or. If you are planning on reading them along with the books, they coincide well with a great deal of Wizard and Glass. In fact, if I remember correctly, the first comic is directly from WaG, along with a few of the issues later. Hope this helps!

jhanic
12-28-2010, 07:04 PM
I agree with alkanto. Start with the books first. As he said, the first arc of the comics, Gunslinger Born, parallels book IV, Wizard and Glass. The other story arcs continue from there, but the events are scarcely mentioned in the DT books.

John

RainInSpain
12-29-2010, 03:51 AM
What alkanto and jhanic said - books first (that's how it was for me, too). That way you get to know the story as it was originally intended, and then graphic novels will just add a bit of extra information (which, imho, is not crucial to the story).

GLynnister
12-29-2010, 04:04 AM
Thank you very much.
I'm really excited to get started on these books, and I will sure be back when I've got into them.

alinda
12-29-2010, 04:40 AM
welcome then tower junkie, it's always a thrill to meet someone that is new , as now we can know fresh eyes and ideas again too ;)

Oh yes, I forgot t to say....books first That's the story after all. !

WeDealInLead
12-30-2010, 05:50 AM
I got 'into' the TDT series through the comics (The Gunslinger Born). That was what made me interested in the books. I do agree with everyone else though, start with the books. You could live your whole life without those comics and never miss anything important.

flaggwalkstheline
12-30-2010, 09:07 AM
the comics aren't canonical IMO
they can be fun but don't think of them as being directly connected to the books, they're other artists take on what they think Rolands' youth was like (some parts of which were already told by sai king himself)

wizardsrainbow
01-04-2011, 06:46 AM
Is this comic out yet?

Bev Vincent
01-04-2011, 07:11 AM
I didn't see it when I picked up LSoE #1 yesterday

Bev Vincent
01-04-2011, 08:40 AM
The Marvel wiki has it listed as a January 26 release:

http://marvel.wikia.com/Dark_Tower:_Sheemie's_Tale_Vol_1_1

Yaksha
01-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Well i like the comics. Though the books come first, the comics give a great visual to what i see in my head as well and delving into the backstory of Roland and his first Ka-Tet

jhanic
01-05-2011, 04:42 AM
Well i like the comics. Though the books come first, the comics give a great visual to what i see in my head as well and delving into the backstory of Roland and his first Ka-Tet

Funny, that's exactly why I like the books more than the comics. The visuals in the comics almost never match what's in my head when I read the books.

John

RainInSpain
01-05-2011, 06:14 AM

Funny, that's exactly why I like the books more than the comics. The visuals in the comics almost never match what's in my head when I read the books.

John

Ditto what John said.

Brainslinger
01-05-2011, 03:52 PM

Ah well. Not too long then. I actually ordered this a while ago.

Brainslinger
01-08-2011, 11:33 AM
I got a message a couple of days back informing me my pre-order for this was cancelled by the publishers. (They said it might still be published at a later date though.) The seller refunded my payment today. (I didn't think they even collected payment until it came out, but I don't think Paypal differentiates between pre and current orders.)

pixiedark76
01-08-2011, 01:32 PM

I was on Heavy Ink's website and it has January 26 release date also. What is taking so freaking long for this comic!!

Doobs
01-11-2011, 05:17 AM
Was hoping to get a little more light on when this was coming out. The comic store i go to here in Australia had no idea what was going on. January 26th = Australia Day = Win :)

Brainslinger
01-12-2011, 04:04 PM
As I said, the seller told me it had been cancelled, 'although it might be available at a later date'. I suppose that date might be the 26th but that seems too soon considering they sent me a refund.

Of course they might not have been updated with that news.

pixiedark76
01-28-2011, 02:22 PM
I went to my comic shop today and they said that Sheemie's tale was not released yet. I went on Heavy Ink and their site said no stock. What is going on with this issue?

Bev Vincent
01-28-2011, 02:55 PM
It would be odd if they released it in the middle of another arc, I think. I don't know anything official about this, but I'd be surprised if we saw it before the end of LSoE.

DeviantC
01-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I've joined this site specifically to let everyone know what I was told by my comic dealer mere moments ago about the current status of the one-shot "Sheemie's Tale". Apparently this comic has been canceled... for now. If it is picked up for distribution sometime in February, then it would be released 3 months from the date of whenever it's picked up for distribution -- meaning that it might be April before we see this comic. If it's picked up for distribution after February, it may be even longer before we have the pleasure of reading more about our beloved Sheemie. (The point here being that it will take a standard waiting time of 3 months after the comic is picked up again for distribution to reach shelves that we'll be able to snatch it from.)

I've already shed a tear and will suffer a period of mourning. Afterwards, I plan to scour the internet for the next several months in anticipation of finding the next new release date.

It's a little bit of bad news with a sprinkling of hope for good news in the future. Be well, all!

Roland of Gilead 33
01-29-2011, 12:16 AM
thanxs for the update. i didn't even know this was even being written! is he in any other "DT" books other than "W&G" ?

Brainslinger
01-29-2011, 02:09 PM
thanxs for the update. i didn't even know this was even being written! is he in any other "DT" books other than "W&G" ?

Do you really want to know?

If you do:
Yes. One more.

Roland of Gilead 33
01-29-2011, 08:58 PM
well thanxs, i wasn't asking for spoilers just clarification that was in more than just one novel. & that's what you gave me. thank you

beam*seeker
04-05-2011, 10:19 AM
You guys mean to tell me, the comics aren't canon???

beam*seeker
04-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I voted for the Insomnia one because the one where he morphs between his "human" form and the catfish was REALLY creepy. Plus the one in DT7 sounded too much like the crazy waiter from Everything's Eventual. (I can't remember the story title off hand) and he said EEEEEeeeee too much. It was really more laughable than scarey, but I guess that was the point. He was just pathetic rather than scary. Not nearly maniacal:cyclops: enuff for me

jhanic
04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
If they're not written by King, they're not canon. Robin Furth is the major author of the comics, I think.

John

Ric
04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
If they're not written by King, they're not canon. Robin Furth is the major author of the comics, I think.

John

Peter David actually writes most of the DT arcs, and they are all approved by King before they see publication. As far as I'm concerned they are as canon as the books.

jhanic
04-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure. I still maintain, however, that if it isn't actually written by King, it's not canon.

John

Slender
04-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Exactly what constitutes 'canon' is highly debatable. There is no definitive answer. In my opinion, the Dark Tower comics occupy a semi-canonical sphere; less canon than the books but more canon than fan-fiction (or anything else). Stephen King personally approves each issue, which endows them with a certain amount of authenticity. I personally view The Long Road Home, Treachery, The Fall of Gilead and The Battle of Jericho Hill as mostly canon; I don't pay much heed to the alterations made in The Gunslinger Born or The Little Sisters of Eluria (such as the removal of Rhea's snake), as those arcs are little more than watered-down versions of King's stories. I don't consider The Gunslinger: The Journey Begins as canon; nothing worthwhile happens in that arc, I don't like the weird presence of the Susan and Oy 'twinners', and I think it ruins the excellent ending of The Battle of Jericho Hill by altering Alison's fate and what Roland does immediately afterwards. (I also regard Alison as a non-canon representation of Robin Furth's irrelevant feminist agenda, but that's another discussion.) I regard The Sorcerer as canon – its key revelation about Flagg's identity comes directly from Stephen King himself, and I prefer the new origin it presents for the character.

Ric
04-06-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree with pretty much everything you said Slender! :cool:

Brainslinger
04-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Peter David actually writes most of the DT arcs, and they are all approved by King before they see publication. As far as I'm concerned they are as canon as the books.

Actually the plots are written by Furth, but David does the scripts.

As for 'canon', I think I'm with you there, although I'm undecided. I guess I tend to take the view, if it doesn't contradict the books, then it's canon. As you say Stephen King did authorise it. Otherwise it's another parallel universe, or something the narrator got wrong, or exaggerated.

While I don't like contradictions to the books*, I do like the idea that the narrator is this old Mid/In-World trail hand jabbering away about events he knows a lot about.. but might not actually have witnessed first hand. Stories change in the telling, etc.

Mind you, I think the concept of 'canon' when telling fictional stories is a bit bogus.

As for old Walt' I quite liked his origin story too, and I don't see it as contradictory to the books. I won't go into that here, as that would be off-topic (yeah, like that's stopped me before), I'd just like to say most of the apparent contradictions there are based more on our extrapolation on what was originally written rather than what is actually written.

*Mind you I think I prefer the Comic version of the death of Depape. There was a nice synchronism in the fact his bottom was handed to him by Cuthbert rather than Roland. Roland still got to take out Jonas. He shouldn't be greedy. ;)

Slender
04-07-2011, 12:42 PM
My favourite version of the Crimson King is the spider-human hybrid seen in the comics and (presumably) designed by Jae Lee. I can't really explain why – I just think he looks damn cool. It's quite a strong design – distinctive and memorable. The continuity with Mordred and Pennywise is intriguing. Much better than the 'creepy old man' idea in my opinion, though I also like the Kingfish/handsome blonde man version seen in Insomnia. (Did the blonde man age into the crazy old man? So many questions!) I love the double-page illustration in issue 5 of The Long Road Home which shows him casting off his crimson cloak while a mirage of the Dark Tower crackles with lightning behind him... fantastic visuals. I'd be ecstatic if they re-created this shot in the TV series.

Pasiuk57
05-27-2011, 03:44 AM
Does anyone have a complete list?
Looks to me like they stopped with the sketch variants and variants as well lately?

Cook
05-27-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm also looking for a list of the "Artist" S/L Stephen King Dark Tower Comic's
I have a ton of them, but no idea if I have them all.

Ari_Racing
05-27-2011, 07:32 AM
I'm updating the list Pam (Turtlex) started, but it's taking me some time. I'll try to have it uploaded next week. :)

jhanic
05-27-2011, 07:42 AM
Here's what I have as far as variants and additional printings. This does not include hardcovers or the Talisman comics (which I don't collect.):

Gunslinger Born 1 Color variant
Gunslinger Born 1 Sketch variant
Gunslinger Born 1 Second printing
Gunslinger Born 1 Book Market variant
Gunslinger Born 1 Third printing
Gunslinger Born 2 Color variant
Gunslinger Born 2 Sketch variant
Gunslinger Born 2 Second printing
Gunslinger Born 3 Color variant
Gunslinger Born 3 Sketch variant
Gunslinger Born 3 Second printing
Gunslinger Born 4 Color variant
Gunslinger Born 4 Sketch variant
Gunslinger Born 4 Second printing
Gunslinger Born 5 Color variant
Gunslinger Born 5 Sketch variant
Gunslinger Born 6 Color variant
Gunslinger Born 6 Sketch variant
Gunslinger Born 7 Color variant
Gunslinger Born 7 Sketch variant
The Long Road Home 1 Color variant
The Long Road Home 1 Sketch variant
The Long Road Home 2 Color variant
The Long Road Home 2 Sketch variant
The Long Road Home 2 Second printing
The Long Road Home 3 Color variant
The Long Road Home 3 Sketch variant
The Long Road Home 4 Color variant
The Long Road Home 4 Sketch variant
The Long Road Home 5 Color variant
The Long Road Home 5 Sketch variant
Treachery 1 Color variant
Treachery 1 Sketch variant
Treachery 1 Midnight Variant
Treachery 2 Color variant
Treachery 2 Sketch variant
Treachery 3 Color variant
Treachery 3 Sketch variant
Treachery 4 Color variant
Treachery 4 Sketch variant
Treachery 5 Color variant
Treachery 5 Sketch variant
Treachery 6 Color variant
Treachery 6 Sketch variant
Fall of Gilead 1 Color variant
Fall of Gilead 1 Sketch variant
Fall of Gilead 2 Color variant
Fall of Gilead 2 Sketch variant
Fall of Gilead 3 Color variant
Fall of Gilead 3 Sketch variant
Fall of Gilead 4 Color variant
Fall of Gilead 4 Sketch variant
Fall of Gilead 5 Color variant
Fall of Gilead 5 Sketch variant
Fall of Gilead 6 Color variant
Fall of Gilead 6 Sketch variant
Battle of Jericho Hill 1 Color variant
Battle of Jericho Hill 2 Color variant
Battle of Jericho Hill 3 Color variant
Battle of Jericho Hill 4 Color variant
Battle of Jericho Hill 5 Color variant
Journey Begins 1 Color variant
Stand Captain Trips 1 Color variant
Stand Captain Trips 1 Sketch variant
Stand Captain Trips 1 Second printing
Stand Captain Trips 2 Color variant
Stand Captain Trips 2 Sketch variant
Stand Captain Trips 3 Color variant
Stand Captain Trips 3 Sketch variant
Stand Captain Trips 4 Color variant
Stand Captain Trips 4 Sketch variant
Stand Captain Trips 5 Color variant
Stand Captain Trips 5 Sketch variant
Stand American Nightmares 1 Lincoln Tunnel variant
Stand American Nightmares 1 Color variant
Stand American Nightmares 1 Sketch variant
Stand American Nightmares 2 Color variant
Stand American Nightmares 2 Sketch variant
Stand American Nightmares 3 Color variant
Stand American Nightmares 3 Sketch variant
Stand American Nightmares 4 Color variant
Stand American Nightmares 4 Sketch variant
Stand American Nightmares 5 Color variant
Stand Soul Survivors 1 Color variant
Stand Soul Survivors 2 Color variant
Stand Soul Survivors 3 Color variant
Stand Soul Survivors 4 Color variant
Stand Soul Survivors 5 Color variant
American Vampire 1 Color variant
American Vampire 1 Retailer Color variant
American Vampire 1 2nd Printing
American Vampire 2 Color variant
American Vampire 2 2nd Printing
American Vampire 3 Color variant
American Vampire 4 Color variant
American Vampire 5 Color variant

John

jhanic
05-28-2011, 08:28 AM
I should have added the hardcover variants also:

The Long Road Home Amazon
The Long Road Home Barnes & Noble
The Long Road Home Borders
The Stand: Captain Trips variant

I also heard, but was never able to verify, that The Stand: American Nightmares had a variant cover. I don't think I've ever seen one.

John

Niels
05-28-2011, 10:21 AM
Captian Trips does have 2 variants. I've never heard of a American Nightmares variant. (Thought I had them all)

cgallagh44
05-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks John, this looks like a great list...

Are variants typically sold online? The reason I ask is because I've never seen any of these variants at my local comic book store.

jhanic
05-29-2011, 03:37 AM
Captian Trips does have 2 variants. I've never heard of a American Nightmares variant. (Thought I had them all)

Nels, could you post pictures of the two variants? I only know of one. I'd like to see which I don't have.

John

Niels
05-29-2011, 03:56 AM
These are the three I have

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/3546/img2635xl.jpg

According to the "King Comics Catalog" they are known as:
- Regular Comic Shop Cover
- Variant Comic Shop Cover
- Regular Retail Cover

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3043/img2636yr.jpg

- Retail
- Amazon
- Borders
- Barnes & Nobles

jhanic
05-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Thanks, Nels. I'll have to check to see which of the Captain Trips variant I'm missing, then start looking for it. Most of my comic collection is boxed up, so I have to find the right box.

John

cgallagh44
05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
I would love to get the variants too but, my wife would kill me !!!

jhanic
05-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Thanks John, this looks like a great list...

Are variants typically sold online? The reason I ask is because I've never seen any of these variants at my local comic book store.

Most if not all the variants were sold in the comics stores. Unfortunately, if your store only ordered a limited number of the original books, they may not have received any variants. The number varied, but usually they had to order at least 25 copies to get one color variant and 75 to get a sketch variant. Your best bet is to try eBay, etc.

Your wife may want to kill you, though. My wife is very understanding (luckily!)

John

Pasiuk57
05-31-2011, 07:24 PM
John
I have a Gunslinger Born 2nd Variant #2 and a 3rd variant of #2
just fyi

jhanic
06-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Mike, do you mean separate color variants, or are they a color and sketch variant, or what? I know there was also a second printing of #2.

John

Pasiuk57
06-03-2011, 10:34 AM
I have variants for The Gunslinger Born #1 and #2 that state on the cover 3rd variant of the 2nd printing.
Just for #1 and #2 however

Anyone out there have an extra copy of Battle of Jericho Hill #3 variant? Just curious

WeDealInLead
06-03-2011, 04:24 PM
I have The Gunslinger Born sketch variants 1-7 and 1st printing variants 1-7 for sale. One of the sketch variants signed by Jae Lee. Reasonable offers accepted... meaning first $100 takes all 14. I'd say that's a good deal. I also have the full run of comics from The Gunslinger Born up to latest issue of Battle of Tull.

Pasiuk57
06-07-2011, 06:43 PM
I have a bunch of extra variants and sketches to trade or sell if anyone is interested
pm me at pasiuk57@gmail.com
I'm looking for a couple of comics also

RolandLover
07-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Hi, I didn't see a thread about this topic and if I over looked it, i cry your pardon. I'm now collecting the comics. I was wondering if everyone has a favorite drawing of Roland Deschain. Mine are these two as they are drawn somewhat like how I pictured him to be.

http://seymourfan.deviantart.com/art/The-Good-Christian-121370090

http://heyoscarwilde.com/jim-mehsling-roland-deschain-from-stephen-kings-the-dark-tower/

Cook
07-04-2011, 07:36 AM
I'm also looking for a list of the "Artist" S/L Stephen King Dark Tower Comic's
I have a ton of them, but no idea if I have them all.

Here is a picture of my current S/L Jae Lee Collection.
Anyway, if anybody can help me with the above mentioned request, I'd be deeply grateful.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/DTComicsSig-LimJaeLee001.jpg?t=1309792684

Cook
07-04-2011, 08:04 AM
RolandLover,
What do you think of this one?
Art from a fellow DTorger that sort of disappeared from the forum

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/RolandDeschainbyRyan001.jpg

Ben Staad
07-04-2011, 08:09 AM
That's great Cook! The background is awesome and I love the guns.

Cook
07-04-2011, 08:17 AM

This was done by HarrisonRyan
Regretfully he disappeared, I was looking for him to do another piece for me.

RolandLover
07-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Cook, I really like that one too! That is awesome! I like that drawing better than the ones that's in the DT series!

Ben Staad
07-04-2011, 08:47 AM

This was done by HarrisonRyan
Regretfully he disappeared, I was looking for him to do another piece for me.

Thanks...I figured that's who it was. He does some very good work and I wish he would show back up.

Randall Flagg
07-04-2011, 09:17 AM
I ma confused as to which comic you want.

Ari_Racing
07-04-2011, 09:26 AM
I've been looking for more info about those signed comics by Lee, since there was no "official" limitation to 'em.

Randall Flagg
07-04-2011, 09:29 AM
I have a whole bunch of Stan Lee signed comics from when we met him in Las Vegas.

Ari_Racing
07-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I think you're confusing the Lee's. :) Wasn't Jae Lee?

Cook
07-04-2011, 10:03 AM
I ma confused as to which comic you want.

I'm not looking for any particular comic.
I'm actually looking for a list of the S/L Dark Tower S/L comic series.
The comics I have shown are all part of a signed limitation of each comic as they were published.
But.. the collection is incomplete, I've only been able to find:
4 of the 7 "Gunslinger born" S/L series, missing #'s 3, 4 & 5
2 of the 6 "Treachery" S/L series, missing #'s 3, 4, 5 & 6
3 of the 5 "The Road Home" S/L series, missing #'s 3 & 4

But... I'm not even sure the copies I'm missing even exist, I've never seen them.
All of the S/L series are packaged and sealed as shown:

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee373/richardcook59/dynamicseal002.jpg?t=1309802495

Ari_Racing
07-04-2011, 10:21 AM
It seems like a limited set Dynamic Forces offered.

Cook
07-04-2011, 10:33 AM
It seems like a limited set Dynamic Forces offered.

Ari_Racing,
Thanks for your help
Yes, you are correct, it is a limited Dynamic Forces set.
now about that list........... :beat:

Ari_Racing
07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
That's the issue. As far as I know, there are no S/L edition of the comics. It might be other signed sets by stores like Dynami Forces, but they're not particulary different from other sets signed by the authors at a Con or meeting (the only difference is that the store gives you a certificate).

I might be wrong, but that's the info I have.

RolandLover
07-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I just can't bring myself to buy The Gunslinger Born. I'm a DT junkie and I'm collecting everything I can on it but that. I wasn't a fan of Susan Delgado and she's the reason why I can't bring myself to purchase this series as yet. Ridiculous I know.

Merlin1958
07-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Buy and read the "Books". Forget the "Comics" for a while. All the story info you need is in the "Books"!!!!

RolandLover
07-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks Merlin! I have read the books and had enough of Susan lol.

Ari_Racing
07-04-2011, 08:16 PM
But don't think the series are about Susan...

As a matter of fact, she's only really present in the 1st series.

Robert Fulman
07-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Except that in "The Journey Begins", Roland meets a girl who looks just like Susan, and is named Susan to boot. I don't they explained what the deal was with that.

Brainslinger
07-05-2011, 07:45 AM
Except that in "The Journey Begins", Roland meets a girl who looks just like Susan, and is named Susan to boot. I don't they explained what the deal was with that.

I think they just used that two letter word as explanation...
It was a bit much, I agree, although I thought the story was okay overall.

RolandLover
08-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Just finished reading The Fall of Gilead! John Farson is who exactly? He wears a mask and so does his general Grissom. Is it possible that Steven Deschain know or knew who he was?

Brainslinger
08-08-2011, 09:34 AM
I think John Farson is just John Farson. A nasty piece of work partly served/manipulated by Walter O' Dim. I could be argued that the mask hides his true identity... but if he wears it all the time in public, well it kind of becomes his face, doesn't it?

Darkthoughts
08-28-2011, 09:16 AM
There were a lot of old threads with discussions on individual issues, variants and general comments on the series, so I've merged them all here for convenience. Current general discussion threads and upcoming issue threads will be merged if/when they die off :thumbsup:

RolandLover
09-20-2011, 06:41 PM
I just received the DT The Gunslinger The Journey Begins and I must say I hate the way Roland is drawn in this comic. He looks horrible and they just had to do a Susan redux. I didn't like that oh well.

WeDealInLead
09-21-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah, he's also a fan of talking to himself. Apparently. That arc was the most forgettable one.

Merlin1958
09-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Well, Its kinda BS since we are now moving into "Novelized Material" Right? Great that it draws in "new" fans, but not if it infringes on the source material.

rolandesch
12-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Well, Its kinda BS since we are now moving into "Novelized Material" Right? Great that it draws in "new" fans, but not if it infringes on the source material.

Haha, the thing I'm most worried about is the fact that if they want to move in on the novels in comic form, I want to see them not drop it mid-book or story. I can't even imagine how long it might take Marvel to make the story completely. Years and years will be put into the novels, but it's truly a great supplement to an already great tale. I won't mind if it keeps coming out in five, ten years. I'm just getting started on my DT comic collection now :D

WeDealInLead
12-28-2011, 01:27 PM

Haha, the thing I'm most worried about is the fact that if they want to move in on the novels in comic form, I want to see them not drop it mid-book or story. I can't even imagine how long it might take Marvel to make the story completely. Years and years will be put into the novels, but it's truly a great supplement to an already great tale. I won't mind if it keeps coming out in five, ten years. I'm just getting started on my DT comic collection now :D

I will do this because I'm a good guy... a local comic shop has a 3 for $1 sale. I saw A LOT of DT comics. I could see if I can put together full runs and send them to you if you promise not to change your mind after I already buy the comics. I'll charge whatever it the comics cost + shipping cost. Nothing in it for me.

Let me know.

rolandesch
12-29-2011, 08:04 PM

I will do this because I'm a good guy... a local comic shop has a 3 for $1 sale. I saw A LOT of DT comics. I could see if I can put together full runs and send them to you if you promise not to change your mind after I already buy the comics. I'll charge whatever it the comics cost + shipping cost. Nothing in it for me.

Let me know.
Although the offer and price on that is great, I prefer the hardcover collections. I already plan on receiving the first four arcs (without The Sorcerer) in less than three weeks.

jhanic
12-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Being the completist that I am, I'll be buying them.

John

Tatts4Life
01-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I've been loving the Dark Tower comical. I just wish that there were digital versions of the graphic novels. I did a lot of searching on marvels site and can't find anything.

neosatus
01-26-2012, 05:21 PM
There are digital versions. There's a torrent on Demonoid that has almost everything--if you're down with piracy a bit. I downloaded it just to see what the art was like, before I bought the physical versions.

Tatts4Life
01-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Do they have the volumes or just individual comical?

herbertwest
01-28-2012, 01:34 AM
There are every single individual issues, but some people sometimes regroups them all.