PDA

View Full Version : 2017 HF Grand Prize

Randall Flagg
04-20-2017, 01:58 PM
Non-binding poll.
Please read all the choices carefully before making your choice.

What book should we offer as the Grand Prize?

The book will be personally inscribed by Stephen King to the winner.

tippy4
04-20-2017, 02:29 PM
Tough Decision!

As of right now, there are five votes cast, one for each except Mr. Mercedes.

Aronstg
04-20-2017, 02:54 PM
If I recall correctly, last year the winner had a choice of a couple of books correct? Or am I just making that up?

If so, will the winner get a choice again this year from the top choices?

Merlin1958
04-20-2017, 03:55 PM
I had to go with BoBD. Though I NEVER win!!! LOL LOL

bdwyer19
04-20-2017, 05:55 PM
I voted for Mr. Mercedes, as a signed copy is still very hard to find.

Merlin1958
04-20-2017, 06:01 PM
Just throwing this out there, but since a book from your personal collection is not an option (for what should be fairly obvious reasons) it comes down to availability and, RF's personal stock/inventory. Perhaps that should be taken into consideration is all I'm saying.

FWIW, I get a lot of accolades (and flak) for my commitment to the HF and I am all about it, but I know for a fact that NO ONE puts more time and effort into this thing every year than our own, El Jefe!!!

BTW, there are a couple more "treats" to come!!!! lol Sorry, RF!!!!

Shannon
04-20-2017, 06:54 PM
I've always liked the idea of providing your own item to be signed, under the assumption that IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO IT, that's the risk you take.

Aronstg
04-20-2017, 07:17 PM
I've always liked the idea of providing your own item to be signed, under the assumption that IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO IT, that's the risk you take.

I think something did happen one year and maybe RF caught slack for it? I think a lot of people would like to choose but I think it's probably just too much of a headache overall if it involves and expensive book like a Carrie 1st or something. Probably less so if it is a book under the $100 mark.

Overall I tend to agree that beggars can't be choosers and while the book choice is cool, it's secondary to getting a personal inscription. That just doesn't happen anymore, so this is one of the few chances you have of ever getting one of those now.

tippy4
04-20-2017, 08:09 PM
As of right now, Gwendy has the lead (9), with Charlie in 2nd (5), and close behind and tied for 3rd (4 each) are Bazaar, Sleeping, and Mercedes.

I think I am going to vote for Gwendy.

webstar1000
04-21-2017, 02:56 AM
I would VERY MUCH like to send my own. For instance... If you wanted to send your own UK copy of CHoo Choo... you keep the numbered page and send the book. It was $40 bucks or so.. if it gets lost.. well who cares? OR my copy of IT... keep just jacket and send it... whats that cost?? $50-$75? I think it would MEAN the world to someone to have this ability and under a $100 just works. I see no reason why this cannot be done. Of the choices above..... hmmmm not sure.

T-Dogz_AK47
04-21-2017, 03:32 AM

I would VERY MUCH like to send my own. For instance... If you wanted to send your own UK copy of CHoo Choo... you keep the numbered page and send the book. It was $40 bucks or so.. if it gets lost.. well who cares? OR my copy of IT... keep just jacket and send it... whats that cost?? $50-$75? I think it would MEAN the world to someone to have this ability and under a $100 just works. I see no reason why this cannot be done. Of the choices above..... hmmmm not sure.

+ 1 :thumbsup:

If I won (which is highly unlikely), I would like to ask for one of my CD Artist Editions to be inscribed, or my Lettered IT. Although I fully understand the reason why we cannot submit our own books, I would however be prepared to take full responsibility for the book's potential loss or damage, in the event that I won and could submit my own book to be inscribed. I would also be prepared to cover all of the international postage costs associated in sending King one of my books....

An even better idea if I won, would be to ask for my forthcoming CD Artist Edition of The Shining to be inscribed. This book should be shipping in June (around the same time King would be inscribing the winning book), which makes the timing perfect. Additionally, the book would already be in the US so I wouldn't have to post something from the UK....

Just my 2 cents worth. :smile:

zelig
04-21-2017, 06:56 AM
I went with Gwendy's. New year. New favorite for the grand prize.

Randall Flagg
04-21-2017, 02:05 PM
If I recall correctly, last year the winner had a choice of a couple of books correct? Or am I just making that up?

If so, will the winner get a choice again this year from the top choices?
The poll was meant to garner exciment.

The winner will be allowed to choose from most of the the poll options.

TravelinJack
04-27-2017, 06:34 PM
This is pretty exciting. I read somewhere that it was customary for newbies to win, since they never do. Especially newbies with usernames that rhyme with MavelinRack. Just sayin'.

But just the idea of potentially being able to win a personally inscribed note from King, wow. Any book will do. I'd take a personally inscribed thesaurus.

ICry4Oy
04-27-2017, 07:13 PM
Question: Does winning a HF auction (signed EOW) get me in the drawing?

T-Dogz_AK47
04-27-2017, 08:14 PM
Question: Does winning a HF auction (signed EOW) get me in the drawing?

No. You have to actually donate money or an item for auction.

Placing a winning bid on an auction item does not count.