PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Haven Fundraiser Auction #12 Gwendy's Button Box Advance Uncorrected Proof

Randall Flagg
03-11-2017, 04:18 PM
http://p.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/logos/logoEbay_x45.gif
AUCTION LINK (http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/201849936354?)

For your consideration is an Advance Uncorrected Proof of Stephen King & Richard Chizmar's new book "Gwendy's Button Box". This is an unread copy! Thanks to Cemetery Dance for this cool donation.

Ben Staad
03-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Nice. Good luck to all the bidders.

T-Dogz_AK47
03-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Very cool of CD to donate that. :thumbsup:

A lot of people will be bidding on it. Guaranteed!!! :drool::clap:

ICry4Oy
03-11-2017, 05:25 PM
SWEET! Very awesome of Cemetery Dance!!!!!!

Randall Flagg
03-11-2017, 06:51 PM
It's the first to market (auction), and it's for a fundraiser, so I hope it will do well. Already over $300 on a Saturday debut!

east-tennessee
03-11-2017, 08:02 PM
Don't Collect Proofs. But hope it does well guys.....:)

dnemec
03-11-2017, 08:27 PM
Wow...over $500 already. Too rich for my blood, but happy the HF will get a lot out of this one!

Aronstg
03-11-2017, 10:48 PM
This is a great HF item! Nice to see the great early bidding. I hope this keeps climbing.

Merlin1958
03-12-2017, 07:16 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Theli
03-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Killer auction, and it seems to have garnered some attention already!

Brian James Freeman
03-13-2017, 06:10 PM
I figured I'd mention this now for future reference:

For those who snag a Gwendy's Button Box ARC from a reviewer or wherever, you'll want to note that there are approximately 15 to 20 little changes between that version of the text and the final file I sent to the printer for the 1st Edition, 1st Printing hardcover. Mostly some word choice changes by the authors, but also corrections of a few anachronisms. (Meaning the anachronisms that DO remain are there because the authors wanted them there!).

Brian

George at C-Springs
03-14-2017, 11:44 AM

For those who snag a Gwendy's Button Box ARC from a reviewer or wherever, you'll want to note that there are approximately 15 to 20 little changes between that version of the text and the final file I sent to the printer for the 1st Edition, 1st Printing hardcover. Mostly some word choice changes by the authors, but also corrections of a few anachronisms. (Meaning the anachronisms that DO remain are there because the authors wanted them there!).

Brian

Brian, would you happen to have the population report for this proof?

Randall Flagg
03-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Very hard to not give into temptation and read the book, but I listed it as new and unread.

becca69
03-14-2017, 01:50 PM
Great auction.

Have to say I miss the funding thermometer (or whatever it is) and the fundraising hype. Hope it's doing well (I still need to contribute).

Brian James Freeman
03-14-2017, 03:05 PM

Brian

I believe 150 copies were printed for reviewers.

There is also a "VIP Review Copy" that I'm hoping to donate as well. It's the same text, but I got to try something with the cover that I've wanted to do FOREVER. There are only 20 of those, I believe. It's still on the way for the printer, but I'll post a photo in the Cemetery Dance thread when it arrives. :)

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
03-14-2017, 03:19 PM

Brian

There is also a "VIP Review Copy" that I'm hoping to donate as well. It's the same text, but I got to try something with the cover that I've wanted to do FOREVER. There are only 20 of those, I believe. It's still on the way for the printer, but I'll post a photo in the Cemetery Dance thread when it arrives. :)

Brian

"VIP Review Copy".... That sounds super cool!!! :drool::clap::clap:

Brian James Freeman
03-14-2017, 03:46 PM

I might be the only one who digs it, but I figured I'd at least give a great name! :)

Brian

T-Dogz_AK47
03-14-2017, 05:11 PM

I might be the only one who digs it, but I figured I'd at least give a great name! :)

Brian

Well CD's official "VIP Reviewer" certainly digs it.... (digs your garden too) LOL! ;)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/a44bfa9a-abde-47ce-b44a-c47120359c17_zpsvcc8utnw.jpg

Brian James Freeman
03-14-2017, 05:13 PM

Brian

Well CD's official "VIP Reviewer" certainly digs it.... (digs your garden too) LOL! ;)

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/a44bfa9a-abde-47ce-b44a-c47120359c17_zpsvcc8utnw.jpg

Man, if people find out I can be bribed with photos of GSPs reading books, I'm in a lot of trouble!

Brian

Merlin1958
03-14-2017, 05:14 PM
:biggrin1:

east-tennessee
03-14-2017, 06:52 PM
Love that............:cool:

Merlin1958
03-14-2017, 06:55 PM

Brian

Reminds me of "The Haven Fund Wonder Dog"!!!! Who, by the way is getting older. He is now nine and a half, but still dogging treats for the fundraiser!!! lol

herbertwest
03-15-2017, 01:26 AM

Brian

Brian

That definitely sounds intriguing!
Hope to see pictures as I wont be one of those lucky VIPs

wolfehr
03-15-2017, 11:33 AM
I don't normally collect proofs, but am trying to get all the versions of this one to commemorate it being my first King S/L purchased direct from the publisher. I guess there's one more I need to try and save up for! :)

Also VERY interested to see what alternative cover you came up with!

Theli
03-16-2017, 09:46 AM
I look forward to seeing this alternate ARC. Any plans for an LRB ARC or is that VIP edition?

Brian James Freeman
03-16-2017, 09:47 AM
I look forward to seeing this alternate ARC. Any plans for an LRB ARC or is that VIP edition?

No plans for an ARC from LRB.

Brian

Randall Flagg
03-18-2017, 05:38 PM
$610!

Thanks to CD and another person who helped get this one first on ebay.

Stay tuned. We might be first for the 1/20. Don't count on more than a couple ever being within reach...

wolfehr
03-20-2017, 06:54 AM
:excited:

Now to start saving up in case one of the 1/20's is donated :)