PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

wolfehr
05-07-2018, 09:58 AM
I concur with everyone else. This book looks phenomenal. Pre-order for the limited and lettered is in!

For the record, I also had to google escutcheon :P

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-07-2018, 10:09 AM
I simply can not afford it. Too many books, too little money. So I will very reluctantly have to pass.

Ben Staad
05-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Gorgeous looking book. Wish you the best. I'm sure the collectors will be thrilled with the end result.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-07-2018, 11:06 AM
What awesome news! This edition is going to absolutely ROCK!!! :excited::clap::clap:

Just one quick question Paul... Will lifetime subscribers receive one of the limited planchettes with their book, or are they only for the first 25 pre orders?

As a lifetime subscriber, I don't have to pre order so I'm curious as to our eligibility to receive one?

zelig
05-07-2018, 11:15 AM
What awesome news! This edition is going to absolutely ROCK!!! :excited::clap::clap:

Just one quick question Paul... Will lifetime subscribers receive one of the limited planchettes with their book, or are they only for the first 25 pre orders?

As a lifetime subscriber, I don't have to pre order so I'm curious as to our eligibility to receive one?

Yes lifetime subscribers for Numbered and above get the promo items.

T-Dogz_AK47
05-07-2018, 11:17 AM

Thanks Paul, you ROCK!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

bdwyer19
05-07-2018, 11:18 AM
Looks like an amazing production, Paul! Congrats! I love the book, but unfortunately am in money-saving mode right now.

webstar1000
05-07-2018, 11:19 AM

That friggin rocks!!!!!!!!

Roseannebarr
05-07-2018, 01:50 PM
Paul has announced:

https://suntup.press/the-haunting-of-hill-house/

Congratulations, Paul!!! It looks like an amazing edition.

And note to previous collectors:

Owners of our previous publication will have first refusal rights on our next publication. For those who own a Numbered or Lettered edition of Misery, IF we publish another Stephen King book in the future, you will not lose your matching rights if you choose to pass on this edition. Keep in mind though, that if you do pass, you will not have first refusal rights to the book that is published after The Haunting of Hill House.

Paul the publication looks amazing!!

Just for discussion sake, does anybody else prefer their signed limited books to be signed by the author? I know she is dead and its a great book and all, just curious about other opinions.

I also prefer my signatures to be legible. I specifically stayed away from one of my favorite books A simple plan, because the author doesnt even look like he was paying attention when signing. Same with Michael Connelly. Love his books hate his scribble signature. you cant even make out a single letter.

Randall Flagg
05-07-2018, 02:20 PM
Of course I prefer my book to be signed by the author, (I know she is dead....and all...)
As far as legible signatures, the "prettier" the better, but I've never known you to send a Stephen King signed book back...

Br!an
05-07-2018, 02:31 PM
Looks GREAT Paul! But I'm not gonna lie, I had to google "escutcheon" to find out what the heck would be on the book...

An escutcheon is the thing that goes around the drain pipe under the sink to make the hole in the cabinet disappear. :wtf:

zelig
05-07-2018, 03:20 PM
Looks GREAT Paul! But I'm not gonna lie, I had to google "escutcheon" to find out what the heck would be on the book...

An escutcheon is the thing that goes around the drain pipe under the sink to make the hole in the cabinet disappear. :wtf:

It’s what the supplier calls them. Maybe it has several definitions. This one is good enough for me. Gotta admit, it’s a cool sounding word.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/120cd2a8d85e25aa1d96293662043898.jpg

Hunchback Jack
05-07-2018, 03:23 PM
It is also this:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTL2jIZsiV4ZegKMxI2epT5xltdXOG_b SUwW2k2dzDzS5_L6B-K0A

Br!an
05-07-2018, 03:46 PM

It’s what the supplier calls them. Maybe it has several definitions. This one is good enough for me. Gotta admit, it’s a cool sounding word.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180507/120cd2a8d85e25aa1d96293662043898.jpg

It's absolutely accurate, and it's cool.

The coat of arms aside, an escutcheon is an ornamental plate or flange whether for a keyhole or a drainpipe or whatever.

If it's plain, it's often called a flange or plate, and if it is more ornate it would likely be called an escutcheon. Same difference.

I wasn't trying to diminish the awesomeness of your book. It was just an attempt at humor.

zelig
05-07-2018, 03:56 PM
I wasn't trying to diminish the awesomeness of your book. It was just an attempt at humor.

Oh no, I didn't think you were... it's cool.

Thanks for the kind words folks. I will certainly do my very best to make this a cherished, top-quality edition.

Regarding the signature question, it's an interesting debate. Maybe I have a different opinion as a collector than I do as a publisher. If the author is alive, then sure, we include a signature. But the fact that this book doesn't have an author signature, doesn't make it less desirable for me. It's more about the production value of the book than whether the author signs it. I see this edition as a way to honor Shirley Jackson and her work. For me that's what really matters.

jhanic
05-07-2018, 04:21 PM
I view it more as a work of art than a collectable book.

John

Father Cody
05-07-2018, 04:39 PM

John

I’m with you on this. Yeah of course I want the author’s signature but I’m buying the production first and foremost. Also, and this may be my newbie-ness talking, but doesn’t the price appropriately reflect the absence of an author signature in this case?

Br!an
05-07-2018, 05:18 PM

John

I’m with you on this. Yeah of course I want the author’s signature but I’m buying the production first and foremost. Also, and this may be my newbie-ness talking, but doesn’t the price appropriately reflect the absence of an author signature in this case?

I would say it does. If she were alive and signing, the book would go for more.

stroppygoblin
05-08-2018, 02:15 AM
As the owner of Letter 'M' of Misery, I have a first refusal on the Letter M of THOHH. My collecting interest is for King only.
If you are not a current letter owner of a Suntup book, feel free to PM me and we can discuss. Be quick though as my option expires at 9am Pacific on Weds 9th.

Ben Mears
05-08-2018, 02:17 AM
It's more about the production value of the book than whether the author signs it... For me that's what really matters.

+1

TravelinJack
05-08-2018, 02:21 AM
I’m willing to do the same as well. PM me if interested in the Lettered Edition of The Haunting of Hill House.

peripheral
05-08-2018, 03:12 AM
Looks to be an utterly lovely production cementing your quality name in this publishing world, congratulations Paul! And a perfect choice for a second book!

I also like the idea of those who only have considered exclusively collecting King, possibly expanding their horizons in book collecting. As for the author's signature or not, I think this is a subjective choice around one's collecting goals (akin to whether people collect "artist" editions or not?) I personally only aim for 1st editions and specials which are signed by the author (purely as a personal way to draw a line somewhere in the sand and not gut my bank account). But I have exceptions to this rule (driven by what a book means to me, and the production values of the edition).

Also, John's comment that it is artwork rather than a book - I absolutely agree 100%. These aren't books, they're works of art in the physical form of books. Books are $10, read in baths and on beaches - these are to be admired, revered and (when no one's watching) caressed and fondled (and maybe read, if you're so inclined)...

So, go the ESCUTCHEON!

Congratulations Paul.

webstar1000
05-08-2018, 04:30 AM
Is it just me OR is Suntup quickly becoming the premier publisher for limiteds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichardX
05-08-2018, 07:08 AM
I ordered a numbered copy. As others have said, it is a piece of art just too good to pass on. I haven't read Hill House in many years. My recollection is that it is one of those books people love to say that they loved but might be overrated. The horror element makes it an obvious publishing choice for King-oriented fans. Paul knows what he is doing but I would also like to see some more edgy choices like Faber's "Under the Skin." I'm also among the group that likes the author to sign but will buy a non-signed if the production values measure up.

firemonkey66
05-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Am I the only one who is struck kind of funny by the discussion about the absence of the authors signature? This isn't a book by a living author who has chosen not to sign a publication, it is a book by a woman who has been dead for 50+ years! Hahaha, I'm sure Paul or any other publisher would love to roll the moldering old bones of a dead author out of their grave for an impromptu signing, but it's not currently an option:)

Personally, if the author is alive, I like a new publication to be signed by that author, but if the author is dead, it's a moot point for me.

Father Cody
05-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Am I the only one who is struck kind of funny by the discussion about the absence of the authors signature? This isn't a book by a living author who has chosen not to sign a publication, it is a book by a woman who has been dead for 50+ years! Hahaha, I'm sure Paul or any other publisher would love to roll the moldering old bones of a dead author out of their grave for an impromptu signing, but it's not currently an option:)

Personally, if the author is alive, I like a new publication to be signed by that author, but if the author is dead, it's a moot point for me.

It’s just a hypothetical discussion. It started when we were guessing what the book would be and there were a few people saying it wouldn’t be a book by a dead author because there’d be no signature.

Brian James Freeman
05-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Am I the only one who is struck kind of funny by the discussion about the absence of the authors signature? This isn't a book by a living author who has chosen not to sign a publication, it is a book by a woman who has been dead for 50+ years!

Well, if Paul REALLY wanted to make one hell of a collectible, there are ways around that:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_writing

:rolleyes3:

firemonkey66
05-08-2018, 09:57 AM
It’s just a hypothetical discussion. It started when we were guessing what the book would be and there were a few people saying it wouldn’t be a book by a dead author because there’d be no signature.

I was referencing the discussion starting here:

Just for discussion sake, does anybody else prefer their signed limited books to be signed by the author? I know she is dead and its a great book and all, just curious about other opinions.

I didn't say it was a bad discussion, just that it struck me as funny. Part of the reason it struck me funny is because it also made me think of possible substitutions for an authors signature in that specific situation. What if instead of a signature, some personal possession of the deceased was included with each edition, like if each lettered edition contained an epoxy resin bound coin from the pocketful of change the author died with? Would it add value to the book or would it be too morbid? What if it was a hair of the author, like something that contained their DNA?

How cool would it be if the next Suntup publication was Jurassic Park and each lettered edition had an amber bound mosquito filled with Michael Crichton's blood embedded in the front cover of the book? Hmmmm, that might make production costs too high....and maybe be too morbid........maybe.

firemonkey66
05-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Am I the only one who is struck kind of funny by the discussion about the absence of the authors signature? This isn't a book by a living author who has chosen not to sign a publication, it is a book by a woman who has been dead for 50+ years!

Well, if Paul REALLY wanted to make one hell of a collectible, there are ways around that:

Hahaha, also a possibility!

St. Troy
05-08-2018, 10:06 AM
firemonkey66 's comment made me think some would like such things, but such things might not be quite legal to sell, so now I'm imagining a black market of small-run editions that could never be listed through conventional sites or dealers, and then I thought such a thing might already exist; after all, how would I know? (I wouldn't).

Didn't someone produce a book with actual human bones in the cover?

Father Cody
05-08-2018, 10:08 AM
That amber bound mosquito sounds pretty awesome haha. I know you didn’t say it’s a bad discussion, I just wasn’t sure if you saw how it started. Even on Facebook yesterday there were some groups talking about it because one person guessed it would be Fall of the House of Usher but others debated that, saying a limited edition should have an author signature. Anyway, don’t mean to beat a dead horse. I get what you’re saying.

Father Cody
05-08-2018, 10:09 AM
firemonkey66 's comment made me think some would like such things, but such things might not be quite legal to sell, so now I'm imagining a black market of small-run editions that could never be listed through conventional sites or dealers, and then I thought such a thing might already exist; after all, how would I know? (I wouldn't).

I think that was NecroPress who did that. :lol:

WeDealInLead
05-08-2018, 10:12 AM

It could've been The Girl Next Door by the late Jack Ketchum.

firemonkey66
05-08-2018, 10:13 AM

I think that was NecroPress who did that. :lol:

I think it was a lettered edition of a book called The Woman or something? Flagg owns a copy, I'm pretty sure. I think it has like a human rib bone bound to the cover.

St. Troy
05-08-2018, 10:22 AM
If illegal books do exist, I'd imagine a fair number of them are grimoires (seems like the appropriate type of people/product).

St. Troy
05-08-2018, 10:23 AM
I think it was a lettered edition of a book called The Woman or something?

That rings a bell.

firemonkey66
05-08-2018, 10:23 AM
I found the book with the human bones in Flagg's collection thread. It's friggen awesome, and I've never seen another one. With a real human bone being part of the production, maybe the Jurassic Park idea isn't too far off.....:)

Just received this today. The publisher describes it as " It is bound in pig skin to look like human flesh, has real human bones embedded into the front boards is housed in a red velvet traycase wrapped in a metal cage with lock and key, hand painted endpapers and a hand bound ARC for reading, hand painted foredges, silk ribbon marker etc.". Here are a few pictures:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1305226434-IMG_2831.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1305226442-IMG_2835.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1305226450-IMG_2836.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1305227223-Endpapers.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1305226470-IMG_2840.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1305226840-IMG_2842.JPG

This lettered edition will prove to be one of the most unique, macabre and exotic lettered editions ever produced in the genre.

The book and traycase will be bound in Moroccan (goat skin) leather. The book will have REAL BONE inlaid into the boards of the over-sized book!!!

Infernal House is proud to announce THE WOMAN by Jack Ketchum and Lucky McKee. This blood pumping new novel by the best selling author of THE GIRL NEXT DOOR, OFF SEASON and RIGHT TO LIFE has created another masterpiece that shines a light on the darkness that is within us all and lets us examine the macabre nature of human desire.

Infernal House has quickly become known as the creator of some of the most beautiful and exotic books published in the horror genre and THE WOMAN by Jack Ketchum & Lucky McKee will only reaffirm Infernal House's prestige and significance within the genre.

This edition will be strictly limited to:

THIS WILL BE INFERNAL HOUSE'S MOST EXOTIC PRODUCTION TO DATE!

Only 26 signed and numbered copies.
Each copy will be signed the the author and the illustrator
Each edition will be hand sewn and bound in only the highest quality materials.
The paper used will be specially milled acid neutral paper specifically for this edition.
Illustrated by the celebrated artist Caniglia
Book will be housed in a custom made traycase
Sewn in silk ribbon marker

Do to the time it takes to create these hand crafted works of art and the exotic materials used we can only accept layaway and full payment.

Description

The Woman is the powerful story of the last survivor of a feral tribe of cannibals who have terrorized the east coast from Maine into Canada for years now. Badly wounded in a battle with police, she takes refuge in a cave overlooking the sea. Christopher Cleek is a slick, amoral -- and unstable -- country lawyer who, out hunting one day, sees her bathing in a stream. Fascinated, he follows her to her cave. Cleek has many dark secrets and to these he'll add another. He will capture her, lock in his fruit cellar, and tame her, civilize her. To this end he'll enlist his long-suffering wife Belle, his teenage son and daughter Brian and Peg, and even his little girl Darlin', to aid him. So the question becomes, who is more savage? The hunter or the game?

Father Cody
05-08-2018, 10:25 AM
What the hell? Has to be an animal bone, no?

becca69
05-08-2018, 10:31 AM
I believe Bob Jackson has a copy too.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-08-2018, 10:32 AM
That's THE WOMAN by Jack Ketchum and Lucky McKee. You should read it. My kind of gal.

WeDealInLead
05-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Only half right. Curses!

Hunchback Jack
05-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Another option for signed editions from authors no longer with us would be to take existing signatures from other sources - letters, credit card slips, etc - and paste them into the book as a book plate. I seem to recall that being done by somebody.

Personally, I will collect unsigned limited editions if the book itself is particularly impressive. The current Suntup edition being a case in point.

Patrick
05-08-2018, 12:31 PM

:rofl:

Randall Flagg
05-08-2018, 12:58 PM
I enjoy my lettered and my signed limited Regulators by the deceased author (cause of death: cancer of the pseudonym) Richard Bachman.

peripheral
05-08-2018, 01:04 PM

The "signature" discussion (at least, in the way that I mean my point) is referring to a subjective collecting "rule" which guides my collection: "What kind of books do I want in my collection". It's a parameter (i.e., OCD) driving my subjective collecting goals. I don't collect artist / special editions (of living OR dead authors) unless it meets those exceptions I mentioned earlier - production quality AND a very important book to me. It's a way to also help with space requirements and (importantly) not gut my bank account. If I did, it would open a rabbit hole for me and I'd be at the mercy of every quality publisher who released a lovely version of HP Lovecraft. I love too many authors, still have to purchase too many 1st editions, and have too many King signatures to get, that buying artists / special editions are unfortunately not part of the deal (even for dead authors).

So, I've been on the lookout for a nice Hill House first edition for a long time that's within my budget. This is my priority with this title. But, having said all that, I love the significance of Hill House, always enjoyed the book, and the Suntup production reminds me of the incredible quality of Infernal Press, so yeah, it fits my OCD :)

Randall Flagg
05-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Yes. Humans are animals too.

It's an actual human being rib bone. There was a lengthy discussion as to the legality, but to get right to the point-Have you ever seen a skeleton in a science class or lab?
If so, you are seeing parts of a human body that was legally donated (for science or retail).

peripheral
05-08-2018, 01:14 PM

It's an actual human being rib bone. There was a lengthy discussion as to the legality, but to get right to the point-Have you ever seen a skeleton in a science class or lab?
If so, you are seeing parts of a human body that was legally donated (for science or retail).

OK, this is the first I'm seeing this Lettered - it is officially in my top 10... Mind blown.

Tommy
05-08-2018, 01:31 PM
Can't sell human parts on ebay so don't go looking for one there. A few years back, I remember hearing somehow that CD had one for sale but couldn't put it on ebay because of the bone. I don't know if they ever sold it or not.

Hunchback Jack
05-08-2018, 02:45 PM
I enjoy my lettered and my signed limited Regulators by the deceased author (cause of death: cancer of the pseudonym) Richard Bachman.

Limited editions signed by fictional authors is a whole nuther can o' worms. :D

racerx45
05-08-2018, 02:51 PM
The current replies got me think about this post (Stephen King Super Sneak (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18851-Stephen-King-Super-Sneak&p=889152&viewfull=1#post889152)). I think Paul is up to the challenge, not that Jerome wasn’t.

Father Cody
05-08-2018, 04:37 PM

OK, this is the first I'm seeing this Lettered - it is officially in my top 10... Mind blown.

Holy shit Antoni, mine too.

That makes sense, RF. Didn’t think of it that way.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-08-2018, 05:09 PM
I have a bunch of human bones too, but they are all safely covered up.

Merlin1958
05-08-2018, 05:39 PM
I have a bunch of human bones too, but they are all safely covered up.

:doh: Okay, that little quip is going to earn you a "Time-Out", big boy!!!! LOL LOL

Patrick
05-09-2018, 01:51 AM
The current replies got me think about this post (Stephen King Super Sneak (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18851-Stephen-King-Super-Sneak&p=889152&viewfull=1#post889152)). I think Paul is up to the challenge, not that Jerome wasn’t.
I remember that. Great post. Paul, take note!

webstar1000
05-09-2018, 05:03 AM
I hope Paul has an instant sell out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who am I kidding.. course he will!!

Tommy
05-09-2018, 05:33 AM
omit

Father Cody
05-09-2018, 05:36 AM
It’s so nice not having to worry about breaking the refresh button on my keyboard this morning.

Tommy
05-09-2018, 05:43 AM
omit

webstar1000
05-09-2018, 05:59 AM
Can't afford it now so would anyone like for me to reserve my numbered copy for them for a small fee?

The page does say limit 2 per household so I guess I have access to preordering two copies if anyone is interested.

So anyone would have that then (and no small fee.. haha) .... no?

Tommy
05-09-2018, 06:02 AM
omit

webstar1000
05-09-2018, 06:03 AM
Can't afford it now so would anyone like for me to reserve my numbered copy for them for a small fee?

The page does say limit 2 per household so I guess I have access to preordering two copies if anyone is interested.

So anyone would have that then (and no small fee.. haha) .... no?

Well I was offering to reserve it before the general public got a chance to order (which also gives people the rights for future numbered editions other than King's) but if my post was insulting then I will remove it and apologize to Paul for it.

I thought you were saying the general one had that offering of 2 copies too. I have not checked.

Father Cody
05-09-2018, 06:06 AM
I found out about the two per household just now and immediately ordered a second copy. :biggrin:

becca69
05-09-2018, 07:45 AM
Very nice copy. I love that DJ.

AKC
05-09-2018, 07:46 AM
In the spirit of honoring the newest publication from Suntup, thought I’d share pics of the inspiration.

1959 First Edition....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/9f8c25bcc5a1fb0557583a6585ef0fd8.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/41e4a7de83b26920f529b1b17b370c9f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180509/7eb49aa3b36bf293618869e7df22fceb.jpg

Lookwhoitis
05-09-2018, 07:49 AM
that is one purty copy!

firemonkey66
05-09-2018, 07:49 AM
Wow, that is a nice looking copy, looks to be in damn fine condition, Tim:)

Brian James Freeman
05-09-2018, 07:53 AM
In the spirit of honoring the newest publication from Suntup, thought I’d share pics of the inspiration.

Wow... What a beautiful copy!

Brian

wolfehr
05-09-2018, 07:55 AM
Beautiful! And good luck to anyone planning to purchase soon!

becca69
05-09-2018, 08:02 AM
I don't know how my reply got posted before AKC's.

Father Cody
05-09-2018, 08:03 AM
Wow! And now of course I want a copy to cozy up next to my Suntup edition.

webstar1000
05-09-2018, 08:03 AM
THAT copy is like new!!!!! WOW.... thats amazing Tim. Impress and amaze and shock. Your like a superhero brother...

Father Cody
05-09-2018, 08:04 AM

You really are a ninja! :wow:

racerx45
05-09-2018, 08:10 AM

Glitch in the Matrix

stroppygoblin
05-09-2018, 08:16 AM

Glitch in the Matrix

The original post was deleted and then posted again.

zelig
05-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Beautiful copy!

becca69
05-09-2018, 08:33 AM

You really are a ninja! :wow:

You know it :ninja:

zelig
05-09-2018, 10:13 AM
I've seen some posts on social media with the Penguin alongside something else, as a guide to scale. But people have been asking how big the penguin is, as there's nothing to compare it to. This may help.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/penguin-scale.jpg

Father Cody
05-09-2018, 10:19 AM
:emot-roflolmao: #penguingate

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-09-2018, 10:21 AM
Does that have anything to do with reproduction?

Beverly Marsh
05-09-2018, 10:33 AM
I've seen some posts on social media with the Penguin alongside something else, as a guide to scale. But people have been asking how big the penguin is, as there's nothing to compare it to. This may help.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/penguin-scale.jpg

:emot-roflolmao: #penguingate

Does that have anything to do with reproduction?

:clap: Fabulous! :emot-roflolmao:

Beverly Marsh
05-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Paul, congratulations on this latest endeavor. It will be another gorgeous production for a classic.

I also want to say thank you for letting Misery owners retain their rights to future King editions. IF there are any ;) I know more than just myself on here appreciates it.

zelig
05-09-2018, 10:43 AM
Paul, congratulations on this latest endeavor. It will be another gorgeous production for a classic.

I also want to say thank you for letting Misery owners retain their rights to future King editions. IF there are any ;) I know more than just myself on here appreciates it.

Thanks, and no problem. I think I'd have a war on my hands if you couldn't match should there be another one. But aside from that, it's how it should be.

becca69
05-09-2018, 12:13 PM
There is only 1 lettered edition of Hill House still available if anyone was on the fence. Also, the numbered edition is 80% sold out.

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 12:14 PM
I'm thrilled that I was able to get the numbered this time around. Looks absolutely stunning. Any word on the order numbers that indicate who will receive the planchettes? Or when Ari can expect to get his gold key?

Hunchback Jack
05-09-2018, 12:36 PM

I'd also like to thank you for also giving first refusal of Hill House to Misery owners, if they wanted it. It was the best of both worlds for us, and I appreciated that.

HBJ

jeffingoff
05-09-2018, 12:41 PM

I'd also like to thank you for also giving first refusal of Hill House to Misery owners, if they wanted it. It was the best of both worlds for us, and I appreciated that.

HBJ

I was in another forum and noted that Hill House would have sold out faster if the Misery owners would have lost their rights to future King editions by passing on this non-King book. So Paul chose to take care of the collectors instead of having a faster sell-out and I think that's a stand-up thing to do.

zelig
05-09-2018, 01:39 PM
I'm thrilled that I was able to get the numbered this time around. Looks absolutely stunning. Any word on the order numbers that indicate who will receive the planchettes? Or when Ari can expect to get his gold key?

It may be a few weeks before I go through orders and post order #'s of the first 25. Ari can expect his key in December some time. :-|

Roseannebarr
05-09-2018, 06:11 PM

HBJ

I was in another forum and noted that Hill House would have sold out faster if the Misery owners would have lost their rights to future King editions by passing on this non-King book. So Paul chose to take care of the collectors instead of having a faster sell-out and I think that's a stand-up thing to do.

Kudos to PAUL for doing that! First Class! I am strictly a King collector. (and Hill and OK and a a lot of Grisham, Connelly and Koontz, Ugh no wonder I don't have $$$

swintek
05-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Interestingly, on the same day that Suntup's edition of Jackson's "Hill House" goes on sale- so does Centipede's: http://www.centipedepress.com/horror/hauntingofhillhouse.html

*correction: NOT on sale yet, just pre-listed.

webstar1000
05-10-2018, 01:34 AM
Interestingly, on the same day that Suntup's edition of Jackson's "Hill House" goes on sale- so does Centipede's: http://www.centipedepress.com/horror/hauntingofhillhouse.html

Suntups is MILES ahead it seems in presentation too...

Ben Mears
05-10-2018, 03:34 AM
Is it just me OR is Suntup quickly becoming the premier publisher for limiteds?

Paul has certainly made a splash with his first two publications. Ultimately the market and Paul's product mix will determine if he can continue to profitably produce such high quality editions but he's off to a great start.

Ben Mears
05-10-2018, 04:44 AM

Both editions are well designed. Based upon the historical relevance and influence THOHH had on SK and 'Salem's Lot I am tempted by both but the reality is I don't even own a reading copy of the book so I can't justify the expense. Good luck to Jared and Paul as they are first class individuals and publishers.

zelig
05-10-2018, 04:58 AM

Jerad has my everlasting respect. He has been an inspiration to me in several ways, and as we know, he has been at this a whole lot longer than I have. For me, he is a pioneer and visionary in this field. We both have different styles, and ways of doing things, but his books are pure class and he’s just a great guy.

MikeDuke
05-10-2018, 05:02 AM
I could not resist. I ordered one also. I am looking forward to the end of the year.
Paul, P.S Check your PM Please

peripheral
05-10-2018, 05:08 AM

Jerad has my everlasting respect. He has been an inspiration to me in several ways, and as we know, he has been at this a whole lot longer than I have. For me, he is a pioneer and visionary in this field. We both have different styles, and ways of doing things, but his books are pure class and he’s just a great guy.

Centipede is one of the best and a great choice of inspiration to have, Paul. The way Suntup is moving, in years to come, you'll be the inspiration for another emerging publisher with big dreams.

TravelinJack
05-10-2018, 06:58 AM
We need more emerging writers in the genre.

jeffingoff
05-10-2018, 07:04 AM
We need more emerging writers in the genre.

I think that's true. It seems horror has gone much darker/gorier or it's YA.

As far as an emerging writer's appeal--I don't know that a newbie can command the prices that high-quality publishers like Suntup need to produce editions with fine materials and at such low print runs. Even buzzy authors with proven appeal can't sell out modestly priced limited editions. Consider Josh Malerman's Bird Box at Dark Regions Press. There are still over 300 copies available out of a 500 print run and that book was announced a long time ago. So I don't know if an emerging author can move expensive editions.

swintek
05-10-2018, 07:07 AM

Yep, I'm a huge Jerad fan as well (both the guy and his books). His edition looks great, as to be expected. Having said that, I could only buy one- and, I bought Paul's. ;)

p.s. No worries, Jerad- you'll get all the rest of my money, eventually!

Patrick
05-10-2018, 08:12 AM
It’s so nice not having to worry about breaking the refresh button on my keyboard this morning.
Agreed! I was pleased to take advantage of the presale as well.

George at C-Springs
05-10-2018, 08:53 AM
I feel unworthy ... I've never heard of Shirley Jackson or The Haunting of Hill House, had to google it.

MikeDuke
05-10-2018, 08:58 AM
20 left last time I looked

MikeDuke
05-11-2018, 12:12 PM
Down to 5 now. I know it's not a King book but at least it gets my foot in the door for other non-King books Paul may do. Plus, again, the fact that so many authors look to this book as a standard is good enough for me. I know
the author did not sign it (obviously), but I am not upset. It still looks like a great edition.

jeffingoff
05-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Down to 5 now. I know it's not a King book but at least it gets my foot in the door for other non-King books Paul may do. Plus, again, the fact that so many authors look to this book as a standard is good enough for me. I know
the author did not sign it (obviously), but I am not upset. It still looks like a great edition.

Honestly, I don't know how many King books there are left that could get the limited treatment. Misery was without a doubt the one that deserved it. But all the classics have gotten their upgrades. The Stand will be next year with CD. And after Pet Sematary, what's next? I loved Cell and Gerald's Game but should they be Suntup Editions? What about Dreamcatcher or Rose Madder? Recently, people were torn on PS's edition of The Tommyknockers--the chatter being that a lot of people felt it was King's worst book (even though it sold out in short order). I don't agree--I liked it and still think the Garden Shed chapter is among King's most terrifying.

My point is there are only so many King books that don't have limited editions and of those how many will fans want to see as a Suntup Edition? Maybe all of them. I don't know. So of course there will be other authors. There must be. And I think this is an excellent, iconic choice for Paul's next at-bat. I'm thrilled.

becca69
05-11-2018, 12:41 PM
So there are only 4 copies remaining of the numbered edition of Hill House. If you have been thinking of picking one up, I wouldn't hold off much longer.

https://shop.suntup.press/products/the-haunting-of-hill-house-numbered-edition

Ben Mears
05-11-2018, 12:55 PM

Honestly, I don't know how many King books there are left that could get the limited treatment. Misery was without a doubt the one that deserved it. But all the classics have gotten their upgrades. The Stand will be next year with CD. And after Pet Sematary, what's next? I loved Cell and Gerald's Game but should they be Suntup Editions? What about Dreamcatcher or Rose Madder? Recently, people were torn on PS's edition of The Tommyknockers--the chatter being that a lot of people felt it was King's worst book (even though it sold out in short order). I don't agree--I liked it and still think the Garden Shed chapter is among King's most terrifying.

My point is there are only so many King books that don't have limited editions and of those how many will fans want to see as a Suntup Edition? Maybe all of them. I don't know. So of course there will be other authors. There must be. And I think this is an excellent, iconic choice for Paul's next at-bat. I'm thrilled.

Opinions will vary but SK books sorely in need of a Suntup or Centipede limited edition are The Dead Zone and Different Seasons.

Randall Flagg
05-11-2018, 12:56 PM

Different Seasons
Pet Sematary

Many more.

biomieg
05-11-2018, 12:57 PM
Yes!

MikeDuke
05-11-2018, 12:57 PM
I understand your point. I hope Paul chooses to do another King book i.e Needful Things, but I am also looking forward to getting authors I am not too familiar with. Is there a S\L of Pet Cemetery? There is the one version that I think PS did but I don't know of any other. And some of the ones you mentioned like Gerald's Game might be cool. I don't know. Just putting it out there. But I am looking forward to the non-King books as well.
EDIT: My browser closed as I was typing so there may be duplicate info like my choice of Pet Cemetery.

MikeDuke
05-11-2018, 01:01 PM
Even ones that I did not think of. Coolness.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-11-2018, 01:04 PM
I was thinking of THE GREEN MILE, but Sub Press already did that.
Suntup's edition could come in the shape of an electric chair with a built in battery that gives you quite a shock when you open it.

jeffingoff
05-11-2018, 01:17 PM

Opinions will vary but SK books sorely in need of a Suntup or Centipede limited edition are The Dead Zone and Different Seasons.

YES to Different Seasons. Easton did Dead Zone--but I would welcome a Suntup version!

jeffingoff
05-11-2018, 01:19 PM
I understand your point. I hope Paul chooses to do another King book i.e Needful Things, but I am also looking forward to getting authors I am not too familiar with. Is there a S\L of Pet Cemetery? There is the one version that I think PS did but I don't know of any other. And some of the ones you mentioned like Gerald's Game might be cool. I don't know. Just putting it out there. But I am looking forward to the non-King books as well.
EDIT: My browser closed as I was typing so there may be duplicate info like my choice of Pet Cemetery.

CD will be doing an edition of Pet Sematary.

jeffingoff
05-11-2018, 01:27 PM
I was thinking of THE GREEN MILE, but Sub Press already did that.
Suntup's edition could come in the shape of an electric chair with a built in battery that gives you quite a shock when you open it.

THAT would be cool! And maybe a Mr. Jingles in a cube.

Cook
05-11-2018, 02:13 PM

CD is doing a Pet Sematary as a signed limited?
I did not know that was happening, thanks for sharing.

jeffingoff
05-11-2018, 02:19 PM

CD is doing a Pet Sematary as a signed limited?
I did not know that was happening, thanks for sharing.

Well it won’t be signed by King. Their edition will probably be announced in 2019. But that’s just my guess. First they have to ship Night Shift and then open orders for The Stand to the public. Then after The Stand ships they’ll probably open orders for Pet Sematary.

Brian861
05-11-2018, 02:29 PM
Completely concur that Needful Things and Different Seasons would be right up Paul's alley.

WeDealInLead
05-11-2018, 03:15 PM
The Long Walk. Lettered comes stuffed in a pair of King's old shoes.

Ivo
05-11-2018, 03:33 PM
I would love to see what Suntup could come up with, with a S/L of Pet Sematary.

MikeDuke
05-11-2018, 03:39 PM
If the CD is not signed then I am not that interested anymore. Like I said, Pet Semartary and Needfullthings are two that I would really like to see. I probably won't be
able to get them, but I think they are both deserving.

Father Cody
05-11-2018, 03:43 PM
I’m confused now. CD’s Stand S/L isn’t signed by King?

MikeDuke
05-11-2018, 04:05 PM
As far as I know it is not signed by him. It's just like the Carrie and Salems' Lot and others they did. Big nice books with prints but no King signatures. Think of them as really high end Art editions that are still limited in their production. I mean, people still want them because all of the previous ones are sold out and they seem to be going up in value. But I can't get everything and I would really like to be particular on the un-signed books I get and if it's a King book, do my best to get a S\L.

becca69
05-11-2018, 06:26 PM

None of CDs Doubleday Years are signed by King.

Father Cody
05-12-2018, 03:00 AM

None of CDs Doubleday Years are signed by King.

Oh. Having only bought a couple of their gift editions, I had always just assumed the limited and lettered editions were signed. Thanks for clearing that up for me, Becca.

MikeDuke
05-12-2018, 07:24 AM
Down to the last 2 of The Haunting of Hill House.

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-12-2018, 08:07 AM
Like most here, would love to see Different Seasons, PS, DZ, and Needful given the limited treatment. As far as im concerned, it doesnt matter so much if its already been done as Suntup is just on a different level :thumbsup:

RC65
05-12-2018, 11:18 AM
I agree that a limited of DIFFERENT SEASONS would be fantastic, especially if broken down into four separate volumes in one slipcase.

Randall Flagg
05-12-2018, 12:33 PM
I agree that a limited of DIFFERENT SEASONS would be fantastic, especially if broken down into four separate volumes in one slipcase.
There is a template for that...

Br!an
05-12-2018, 01:05 PM
There is a template for that...

I remember. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20956-Quirky-little-contest) :evil:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493049968-McVey%20Pennywise%20scan%20502x684.jpeg

Randall Flagg
05-12-2018, 02:04 PM
No no no

Go back in time to last year's auction.

I'm sure if given the chance, Paul would produce something even more impressive.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493127249-Different%20Seasons%20Spine%20titles%20950x634.JPG

Randall Flagg
05-12-2018, 02:06 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493136204-Shawshank%20cover%20475x713.JPG

shaq
05-12-2018, 02:38 PM
I love this

Merlin1958
05-12-2018, 03:02 PM
I love this

Yeah, that was one of our better efforts. You know over the years the fundraiser has been responsible for some really awesome King collectibles.

Br!an
05-12-2018, 03:17 PM
No no no

Go back in time to last year's auction.

I'm sure if given the chance, Paul would produce something even more impressive.

Yes yes yes

The McVey drawing was the prize I won for correctly guessing the plates used for the artwork for your rebound edition. The link goes to the contest.

Woo Hoo!! :rock:

What [are] the items in the image?

Printing plates

What are the pieces depicting? You must have all of the answers, and they must be accurate/correct.

Different Seasons.

Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Shawshank.png

Apt Pupil

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Apt_Pupil.png

The Body

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/The_Body.png?5224

The Breathing Method

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Breathing_Methos.png

You also posted pictures of the finished product on the thread.

The one you posted above and...

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493140345-Apt%20Pupil%20cover%20475x713.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493142693-The%20Body%20cover%20538x738.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493144732-Breathing%20Method%20cover%20475x713.JPG

firemonkey66
05-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Flagg, I've always admired that production. One of a kind. I would still like to see a Suntup Different Seasons as well, as the Suntup spin would undoubtedly be awesome. Personally, I would just as much like to see a luxury production of Nightmares & Dreamscapes, which contains some of my favorite King short stories. I know there was the facsimile signature UK production, but I don't really count that as a true S/L.

MikeDuke
05-13-2018, 05:59 AM
That production looks fantastic. Breaking up Different seasons, would be cool like that.
Rita Haywoth and the Shawshank Redemption and The Body were two of his best adaptions to movies I can think of. Oh and by the way, House on Haunted Hill is sold out. I am excited to be in the family now.

Hunchback Jack
05-13-2018, 08:28 AM
Congrats, Mike!

And congrats, Paul, on another successful publication.

MikeDuke
05-13-2018, 09:15 AM
Agree.
Congrats to Paul for a great publication. I can't wait to see his work first hand.

becca69
05-13-2018, 02:01 PM
Oh and by the way, House on Haunted Hill is sold out. I am excited to be in the family now.

This is actually a Vincent Price movie... one of my favorites BTW :wtf:

firemonkey66
05-14-2018, 01:11 AM
Paul and/or Becca, is the spine of the lettered edition of Hill House going to be all green like in the picture on the Suntup website, or will it have lettering on the spine with the title, author, publisher, etc.? Just curious:)

jeffingoff
05-14-2018, 03:02 AM
That Different Seasons looks fantastic. Four Past Midnight would also be a great book to Suntup up. Too bad Dark Half is going to be a Dragon Rebound. I mean, it's going to be excellent, but I won't be able to buy it. Now, if it were to mosey over to Suntup . . .

Maybe this can be a book done by both DR and Suntup?

zelig
05-14-2018, 07:12 AM
Paul and/or Becca, is the spine of the lettered edition of Hill House going to be all green like in the picture on the Suntup website, or will it have lettering on the spine with the title, author, publisher, etc.? Just curious:)

We don't intend on stamping the spine. So it will be the green leather pretty much like you see in the images.

MikeDuke
05-14-2018, 07:36 AM
OK. There was a movie called House on Haunted hill in 1999. That was a remake of the Price movie. I am assuming that even though the name of the book was called The Haunting of Hill House, and the remake was called House on Haunted Hill, this is the same movie that is based of of this book? The remake was total fun and cheesy. Looking forward to getting it.

Father Cody
05-14-2018, 08:05 AM
I know of one movie released in 1999 called “The Haunting” based directly on the book, but check this out! They’re making a new Netflix show:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6763664/

Now is that good timing or what. [emoji106]

MikeDuke
05-14-2018, 08:17 AM
That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

becca69
05-14-2018, 08:36 AM
OK. There was a movie called House on Haunted hill in 1999. That was a remake of the Price movie. I am assuming that even though the name of the book was called The Haunting of Hill House, and the remake was called House on Haunted Hill, this is the same movie that is based of of this book? The remake was total fun and cheesy. Looking forward to getting it.

The Haunting (both 1963 and 1999) were based on the novel. (The) House on Haunted Hill was a 1959 film with a 1999 remake.

MikeDuke
05-14-2018, 08:54 AM
So this book is the genesis for the movie with Liam Nelson, not Geoffrey Rush. I just want to get it straight in my head because the description sounded like The House on Haunted hill. Either way, I happy to get it.

becca69
05-14-2018, 09:08 AM
So this book is the genesis for the movie with Liam Nelson, not Geoffrey Rush. I just want to get it straight in my head because the description sounded like The House on Haunted hill. Either way, I happy to get it.

Yep, the remake had Liam Neeson and Catherine Zeta-Jones, the original starred Julie Harris and Claire Bloom.

MikeDuke
05-14-2018, 09:17 AM

Yep, the remake had Liam Neeson and Catherine Zeta-Jones, the original starred Julie Harris and Claire Bloom.
OK. Thanks. I did not see either one of the movies. I heard the remake was poor but I don't know. I never saw it. I am still interested in getting the original book and starting my collection :smile:.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-14-2018, 09:22 AM
The original scared the beejesus out of me when I was a kid. I saw the remake at the theater and can't remember a single thing about it, EXCEPT that it seemed all hi-tech and low-scare.

Hunchback Jack
05-14-2018, 10:56 AM
I interrupt this important discussion about movie adaptations of The Haunting of Hill House, to report that I got a planchette.

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled programming.

HBJ

jeffingoff
05-14-2018, 10:59 AM
I interrupt this important discussion about movie adaptations of The Haunting of Hill House, to report that I got a planchette.

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled programming.

HBJ

I got a planchette too. Now I'll be able to get texts from dead relatives!

Are we in a club now? Like the Stonecutters? Should we work on a secret handshake or something?

MikeDuke
05-14-2018, 11:06 AM
That's pretty cool guys. It will make a nice accessory to the book. I ordered mine late so I know I did not get one. But at least I got the book.

jeffingoff
05-14-2018, 11:09 AM
That's pretty cool guys. It will make a nice accessory to the book. I ordered mine late so I know I did not get one. But at least I got the book.

The book is one hell of a consolation prize! And you still have a shot at getting the brass key.

I think it's great how Paul makes buying feel like winning.

TravelinJack
05-14-2018, 11:48 AM

We don't intend on stamping the spine. So it will be the green leather pretty much like you see in the images.

Paul - Quick question: outside of stamping, will there be any title/author identifier on the spine? Is this also the case for the S/L? Thanks.

MikeDuke
05-14-2018, 12:14 PM

The book is one hell of a consolation prize! And you still have a shot at getting the brass key.

I think it's great how Paul makes buying feel like winning.
I do think it's great the stuff Paul does for his customers. Yea, having a chance at the key is cool also.

becca69
05-14-2018, 01:16 PM
Order numbers who qualify for a Planchette:

first 25 private orders: 2787 - 2813
first 25 public: 2856 - 2884

Randall Flagg
05-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Order numbers who qualify for a Planchette:

first 25 private orders: 2787 - 2813
first 25 public: 2856 - 2884
How the hell do I determine what my order number was?

Scratch that. Figured it out.

zelig
05-14-2018, 02:13 PM

Paul - Quick question: outside of stamping, will there be any title/author identifier on the spine? Is this also the case for the S/L? Thanks.

For the lettered, I'm not planning on adding anything to the spine. For the numbered edition, yes there will be a leather spine label that is foil stamped. Here's a digital mockup. The final label may be slightly different, but this gives you an idea.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/hh_spine.jpg

Father Cody
05-14-2018, 02:55 PM
This might be a stupid question but what the hell. Is that green leather the same that was used for EOTD? Looks to be a lighter green but I can’t tell for sure. Apologies if this is explained on the product pages, a lot of the material language is still Greek to me.

zelig
05-14-2018, 02:56 PM
This might be a stupid question but what the hell. Is that green leather the same that was used for EOTD? Looks to be a lighter green but I can’t tell for sure. Apologies if this is explained on the product pages, a lot of the material language is still Greek to me.

No it will be completely different.

TravelinJack
05-14-2018, 02:57 PM

For the lettered, I'm not planning on adding anything to the spine. For the numbered edition, yes there will be a leather spine label that is foil stamped. Here's a digital mockup. The final label may be slightly different, but this gives you an idea.

Thanks Paul :thumbsup:

MikeDuke
05-14-2018, 04:03 PM

That looks really cool. Now I am extra excited.

becca69
05-15-2018, 09:53 AM
Cujo, signed by Steve Stroud, is now available in the Covers Collection:

https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-individual-prints/products/cujo-fine-art-print

There are a few remarqued copies available too.

RichardX
05-17-2018, 05:22 PM
Really like the upcoming Cujo cover. I was fortunate enough to get King to sign my copy of Cujo a few years ago in Toronto. It probably wasn't his greatest book but it had that raw quality to it that symbolized why his works were so great in that time frame. Something lost in recent years.

Lot guy
05-18-2018, 08:42 PM
Really like the upcoming Cujo cover. I was fortunate enough to get King to sign my copy of Cujo a few years ago in Toronto. It probably wasn't his greatest book but it had that raw quality to it that symbolized why his works were so great in that time frame. Something lost in recent years.

I agree Paul's cover collection is great! I'm sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed Kings work over the recent years, what is it exactly that you feel has been lost? I'm just curious as I've enjoyed all his work and thought some of his recent novels like Joyland, Mr. Mercedes & Finders Keepers were among some of my favorites and The Outsider as well was AWESOME!

zelig
05-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Don Brautigam illustrated some of the most memorable King covers. Don, who passed away in 2008 was an amazing artist, and I'm really pleased to confirm that we'll be adding these iconic covers to the print series. This has certainly been one of the more challenging to lock down, and having spent over a year, on and off working on it, I am delighted to finally include these prints in the series.

Don's two sons Jim and Dan have been so helpful in getting this finalized. I met with them today, and it was so exciting to see these four originals in person. The Covers Collection would not be complete without them.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/IMG_3681-1.jpg

MikeDuke
05-19-2018, 04:52 PM
They look sweet. Too bad I don't have more wall space.

peripheral
05-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Brautigam was one of the best, for sure. Another amazing Suntup addition, congrats Paul...

Father Cody
05-19-2018, 05:29 PM
Man, those are sweet! Definitely going to add some of those to my wall. Always loved the seeing hand. Paul, is the first one next to you on your left from The Long Walk?

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Thank god none of you have butterfingers.

zelig
05-19-2018, 05:57 PM
Man, those are sweet! Definitely going to add some of those to my wall. Always loved the seeing hand. Paul, is the first one next to you on your left from The Long Walk?

That’s The Bachman Books. 1st paperback cover.

Father Cody
05-19-2018, 06:10 PM

That’s The Bachman Books. 1st paperback cover.

Ohhh right, I recognize it now. Thanks. I don’t think I fully appreciated that design until seeing it now without the titling.

firemonkey66
05-19-2018, 06:13 PM
Those are awesome as hell. Is the night shift painting offset into the corner of a canvas? And what’s the thing in the upper right corner, is it a piece of paper taped to the canvas?

zelig
05-19-2018, 06:26 PM
Brautigam was one of the best, for sure. Another amazing Suntup addition, congrats Paul...

Thanks. Can’t wait to release these.

Those are awesome as hell. Is the night shift painting offset into the corner of a canvas? And what’s the thing in the upper right corner, is it a piece of paper taped to the canvas?

Being the highly observant guy that I am, I only noticed that paper when I was looking at the photos. Was probably a note stuck to the matting. It looks like matting around the painting. Maybe it used to be in a frame. Can’t say for sure.

Lot guy
05-19-2018, 07:09 PM
Those are GREAT Paul, that must have been amazing to see them in person!!!

zelig
05-20-2018, 02:47 AM
Thank god none of you have butterfingers.

Actually, we had just finished our fish and chips which we ate by hand.

Those are GREAT Paul, that must have been amazing to see them in person!!!

It was for sure.

sentinel
05-20-2018, 05:41 AM
Don Brautigam illustrated some of the most memorable King covers. Don, who passed away in 2008 was an amazing artist, and I'm really pleased to confirm that we'll be adding these iconic covers to the print series. This has certainly been one of the more challenging to lock down, and having spent over a year, on and off working on it, I am delighted to finally include these prints in the series.

Don's two sons Jim and Dan have been so helpful in getting this finalized. I met with them today, and it was so exciting to see these four originals in person. The Covers Collection would not be complete without them.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/IMG_3681-1.jpg

Awesome Paul! Two of my favorites The Stand and Night Shift!!

Bev Vincent
05-21-2018, 03:10 AM
http://bevvincent.com/images/Misery%20proof%20front.jpg

http://bevvincent.com/images/Misery%20proof%20back.jpg

Hunchback Jack
05-21-2018, 10:36 AM
That's pretty.

Ari_Racing
05-21-2018, 10:43 AM
I'm really glad you secured Don's works. I've been after his porfolio for a LOOONG time. He was a really talented artist.

firemonkey66
05-21-2018, 10:47 AM

Congrats! It’s a beauty:)

Roseannebarr
05-21-2018, 08:36 PM
It really is! Paul if you need another reviewer, I can send you my address!

Congrats again on ALL your hard work. definitely ordering the night shift and skeleton crew covers. they look awesome! those two and the shining paperback cover really bring back my memories of reading KING when I was younger!

Tommy
05-21-2018, 10:46 PM

Please don't tell us how it ends. I hate spoilers! :biggrin:

St. Troy
05-22-2018, 05:57 AM
Please don't tell us how it ends. I hate spoilers! :biggrin:

I'll only say...it's miserable.

Randall Flagg
05-22-2018, 05:59 PM
The typewriter dies.

firemonkey66
05-22-2018, 09:30 PM
Does anybody have a remarqued Pet Sematary Covers Collection print that they could post some photos of? Also, I would basically love to see photos of anybody's Pet Sematary print, not necessarily remarqued, but especially if it is framed for display. Thanks!

Related story, I showed my wife the Covers Collection prints just to gauge her disinterest/dislike (because that was what I was expecting) and she suprised me by saying she liked the Pet Sematary print, which coincidentally is also one of my favorites! So good news: I can get and display the Pet Sematary print. The bad, but expected news: My wife hates all the other prints:) Don't hold it against her, she's not a Stephen King fan. And yes, I married her anyway:)

zelig
05-23-2018, 03:55 AM
she’s not a Stephen King fan. And yes, I married her anyway:)

Now that’s true love!

There’s a pic of the Remarque on the product page. Here you go.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180523/cb960d6b0ba4827a537f658e48b14f80.jpg

Father Cody
05-23-2018, 04:02 AM
she’s not a Stephen King fan. And yes, I married her anyway:)

Now that’s true love!

There’s a pic of the Remarque on the product page. Here you go.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180523/cb960d6b0ba4827a537f658e48b14f80.jpg

Really cool. It’s almost like an elaborate signature. I bet it looks great when staring at the big picture, the way an artist’s signature looks when you see it in the bottom corner of the piece. I’m not sure if I’m making any sense, so I’ll just say I really want a remarqued print now.

Ricky
05-23-2018, 04:31 AM
Speaking of Pet Sematary, if anyone's looking to sell their remarqued print...

becca69
05-28-2018, 06:46 AM
One copy of the numbered edition of Hill House has become available if anyone missed getting a copy.

https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-haunting-of-hill-house/products/the-haunting-of-hill-house-numbered-edition

RichardX
05-28-2018, 03:37 PM

I agree Paul's cover collection is great! I'm sorry to hear you haven't enjoyed Kings work over the recent years, what is it exactly that you feel has been lost? I'm just curious as I've enjoyed all his work and thought some of his recent novels like Joyland, Mr. Mercedes & Finders Keepers were among some of my favorites and The Outsider as well was AWESOME!

King went through a golden period in the late 70s and 80s. He wrote most of his classics in that time period. Afterward some good books and clunkers. Only one great book in my opinion - 11.22.63. That is sort of the typical arc for many artists. Impossible to maintain that original pace. The Mr. Mercedes novels are at best middling detective genre. But everyone has a subjective opinion on what they like best but there is no comparison to his early works.

becca69
05-30-2018, 06:14 AM
Misery ARC for charity (Running for Rescues):

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/photos/a.1417779431625802.1073741829.1348570651880014/1991195454284194/?type=3&theater

Ebay link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183245554180

Merlin1958
05-30-2018, 08:26 AM
Misery ARC for charity (Running for Rescues):

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/photos/a.1417779431625802.1073741829.1348570651880014/1991195454284194/?type=3&theater

Ebay link:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183245554180

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

webstar1000
05-31-2018, 07:43 AM
Anyone have a Misery they want to sell?????? I know a chap that is really after one and missed Yegor's buy a few hours!

becca69
06-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Misery on press:

See the letterpress in action:
https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/1993985490671857/

MikeDuke
06-01-2018, 11:30 AM
That is really cool. I read about the press on Paul's blog. It was very interesting. Now I am even more sad, like many other people, that I am not getting one. But at least I am getting The Haunting of Hill house.

Br!an
06-01-2018, 01:35 PM
That is very cool.

I love the way that Paul applies the best method of production available to provide us with exceptional and often unique books.

It seems that more often than not, that method is a traditional book printing/binding/publishing method. This press is but one example.

He's done various custom bindings, hand marbled endpapers, frontispieces, etc..

I'm looking forward to the fore-edge artwork. :evil:

I realize that the exception that proves the rule are his cutting edge prints. (https://suntup.press/covers-collection-fine-art-prints/) :smile:

This has been an unpaid endorsement.

becca69
06-01-2018, 07:13 PM
That is very cool.

I love the way that Paul applies the best method of production available to provide us with exceptional and often unique books.

It seems that more often than not, that method is a traditional book printing/binding/publishing method. This press is but one example.

He's done various custom bindings, hand marbled endpapers, frontispieces, etc..

I'm looking forward to the fore-edge artwork. :evil:

I realize that the exception that proves the rule are his cutting edge prints. (https://suntup.press/covers-collection-fine-art-prints/) :smile:

This has been an unpaid endorsement.

Fore-edge artwork would be cool. Will have to see about that… hey Paul… :cool_002:

Father Cody
06-01-2018, 07:27 PM
I vote Paul Sheldon’s foot

louis2003b
06-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Selling my lettered The Haunting of Hill House preorder w/ rights at publisher cost. If anyone is interested PM me

webstar1000
06-03-2018, 04:10 PM
Looking to add Paul’s Lettered Eyes Portfolio to my collection . I am after “X”. Anyone out there have that and may want to sell it?

zelig
06-06-2018, 07:55 PM
A copy of the Lettered Edition of THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE has become available for purchase. Available for order here (https://shop.suntup.press/products/the-haunting-of-hill-house-lettered-edition):

St. Troy
06-07-2018, 05:01 AM
Again, the keyhole (I can't be bothered to look up the fancy word) is nuts.

zelig
06-07-2018, 05:30 AM
A copy of the Lettered Edition of THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE has become available for purchase. Available for order here (https://shop.suntup.press/products/the-haunting-of-hill-house-lettered-edition):

And it’s gone.

MikeDuke
06-07-2018, 05:31 AM
Yea, the one on the lettered is very cool. But I will be very happy with the normal looking keyhole.

St. Troy
06-07-2018, 05:34 AM
Yes; both editions are great.

zelig
06-07-2018, 09:27 AM
The British are coming!

THE COVERS COLLECTION: THE BRITISH INVASION (https://suntup.press/news/the-covers-collection-the-british-invasion/)

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/34665500_2002341219836284_5465780788253425664_o.jp g (https://suntup.press/news/the-covers-collection-the-british-invasion)

MikeDuke
06-07-2018, 09:44 AM
That's pretty cool Paul. I just don't have the wall space to properly display these or I would have a few in my collection already. But this will be a big hit.

webstar1000
06-07-2018, 10:02 AM
That’s cool!!!!

St. Troy
06-07-2018, 10:59 AM
Paul - thanks for keeping busy.

Hunchback Jack
06-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Oh, man. As primarily a UK edition collector, I love these covers.

Congratulations, Paul!

ETA: You have both the HB and PB covers of IT? I love those illustrations.

HBJ

zelig
06-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Thanks all. Pleased you like these. They look amazing in person.

Oh, man. As primarily a UK edition collector, I love these covers.

Congratulations, Paul!

ETA: You have both the HB and PB covers of IT? I love those illustrations.

HBJ

Yes, HB and PB. Two different artists. These are both favorites of mine.

Beverly Marsh
06-08-2018, 06:58 AM
I absolutely love UK editions. I always seem to end up liking those more than the US covers. I mean, compare something like The Dark Half. So much more going on in the UK edition!
I'm in the same boat as Mike but may have to spring for the IT's and have a little collage with all three covers. Pet Sematary too. Misery....ah hell! :lol:
Congrats Paul!

MikeDuke
06-14-2018, 05:18 AM
Misery is coming
https://suntup.press/misery-updates/misery-limited-edition-ready-for-binding/#comment-85

Pasiuk57
06-19-2018, 06:58 PM
I had lunch with Paul last Friday. Always a pleasure to talk about King, Misery and many other topics.
Paul--had a great time!

zelig
06-19-2018, 11:36 PM
I had lunch with Paul last Friday. Always a pleasure to talk about King, Misery and many other topics.
Paul--had a great time!

Good to see you again Mike!

vincent
06-20-2018, 12:45 AM
I just ordered a print for the IT UK HB from the covers collection. It looks wonderful. Can't wait!

zelig
06-20-2018, 04:07 AM
I just ordered a print for the IT UK HB from the covers collection. It looks wonderful. Can't wait!

Thanks for the order Vincent!

webstar1000
06-20-2018, 04:47 AM
I want to have lunch with Paul too!!!

zelig
06-20-2018, 05:20 AM

Pre-orders for lunch with Paul will open up on Monday at 9am. Order early while supplies last.

Brian861
06-20-2018, 05:24 AM

Pre-orders for lunch with Paul will open up on Monday at 9am. Order early while supplies last.

Read the fine print before ordering:

Lunch is on you

webstar1000
06-20-2018, 05:37 AM

Lololol

HONKYTONKSMASH
06-20-2018, 05:39 AM

Sold out. :biggrin:

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-20-2018, 05:40 AM
I had lunch with my dog. She ate her liver supplement pill wrapped in a piece of cheese and I had a liver sausage sandwich with lettuce and the rest of the cheese on 100% whole wheat bread with Miracle Whip dressing.

So there!

HONKYTONKSMASH
06-20-2018, 05:41 AM
I had lunch with my dog. She ate her liver supplement pill wrapped in a piece of cheese and I had a liver sausage sandwich with lettuce and the rest of the cheese on 100% whole wheat bread with Miracle Whip dressing.

So there!

Miracle whip!?! Give me real mayo or give me death

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-20-2018, 05:50 AM

So there!

A bird hit my window halfway through reading this post, accelerating my heartbeat momentarily. Weird. I don't like real mayo. I like Miracle Whip!
I also like SUNTUP PRESS books, so there!

Father Cody
06-20-2018, 05:51 AM

Read the fine print before ordering:

Lunch is on you

The first 75 private and public pre-orders will receive one “insider tip” about the next major Suntup Editions production.

Protip: you may or may not be able to coax Paul into giving one additional insider tip with fried avocado tacos.

zelig
06-20-2018, 05:56 AM
You know, Adam. One of those Avo tacos may be all it takes for me to reveal the next release! Those were goooood!

St. Troy
06-20-2018, 08:30 AM
...I had a liver sausage sandwich with lettuce and the rest of the cheese on 100% whole wheat bread with Miracle Whip dressing.

Normally I would agree about the Miracle Whip, but in this case it was probably necessary to distract from the liver sausage. ><

Brian861
06-21-2018, 04:46 AM

So there!

Amen!

wizardsrainbow
06-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Misery S/L...1 hour left and well over $3,000...amazing

firemonkey66
06-25-2018, 09:57 PM

I think this is the 'rights factor' kicking in. People know that Suntup has officially said that if you own a S/L Misery, you have rights to the next King book at publishing price. You don't have to buy any other publication that they produce, just Misery.

Of course, it's a big IF whether that next King book will happen or not, but people are willing to pay extra just for the chance.

firemonkey66
06-25-2018, 11:32 PM
Holy shit! That S/L Misery sold for 4050 dollars! More than the publishing price for the lettered!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/232811385178?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

LetoAtreides
06-25-2018, 11:36 PM
That's $550 more than the lifetime numbered subscription cost.

shaq
06-25-2018, 11:38 PM
Amazing. I still wouldnt sell if i had one.

Ockhamistic
06-25-2018, 11:38 PM
Umm... Wow.

firemonkey66
06-25-2018, 11:40 PM

Wow, I didn't even think about that. Even crazier!

herbertwest
06-26-2018, 12:24 AM

I think this is the 'rights factor' kicking in. People know that Suntup has officially said that if you own a S/L Misery, you have rights to the next King book at publishing price. You don't have to buy any other publication that they produce, just Misery.

Of course, it's a big IF whether that next King book will happen or not, but people are willing to pay extra just for the chance.

IF there will be another King by Suntup

frik
06-26-2018, 01:00 AM

IF there will be another King by Suntup

No doubt!!

sk

Father Cody
06-26-2018, 01:03 AM
$4,050?!? Is that the market value now?

shaq
06-26-2018, 01:34 AM
Congratulations Paul.

Suntup has certainly made a dent on the collecting world.

I look forward to your future dark tower signed box set!! 😊

shaq
06-26-2018, 01:49 AM
Dent = good impression btw

webstar1000
06-26-2018, 02:11 AM
WOW. That sure says a lot about The collectibility of Paul’s product

wolfehr
06-26-2018, 02:35 AM
That’s incredible.

firemonkey66
06-26-2018, 03:24 AM
There's a lettered Misery/Hill House for sale in the collectible classifieds thread:)

ur2ndbiggestfan
06-26-2018, 05:19 AM
"Holy guacamole, Batman! A copy of MISERY just sold for $4050 on E-Bay!"

"Control yourself, Robin, it's JUST a book, you know."

"That's what you think, Batman, purrrrrrr..."

"What do you mean, Catwoman?"

"I'd do anything, ANYTHING, for a collector who gave me a copy of that Suntup Press book as a gift, grrrrrowllllllll!"

"Robin, get E-Bay on the BatComputer, RIGHT NOW!!!"

jeffingoff
06-26-2018, 05:40 AM

What's amazing is that this is Suntup's first book. Sure the Dragon Rebounds and the EOTD Portfolio established Paul as a King-fu master, but people are selling kidneys (I assume) to get in on the ground floor without ever having seen a Suntup book!

zelig
06-26-2018, 05:18 PM

What's amazing is that this is Suntup's first book. Sure the Dragon Rebounds and the EOTD Portfolio established Paul as a King-fu master, but people are selling kidneys (I assume) to get in on the ground floor without ever having seen a Suntup book!

That’s quite a price. It sure raised my eyebrows. I’m flattered by it and the comments I’ve been reading. I’ve actually made some upgrades to that edition. A post will be going out this week about it.

P.S. King-Fu Master. Ha, that’s a good one.

firemonkey66
06-26-2018, 06:52 PM

That’s quite a price. It sure raised my eyebrows. I’m flattered by it and the comments I’ve been reading. I’ve actually made some upgrades to that edition. A post will be going out this week about it.

P.S. King-Fu Master. Ha, that’s a good one.

Niiiiice, we all love upgrades! :)

St. Troy
06-27-2018, 04:44 AM

Which underscores the value of the subscription, I might add.