PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65]

webstar1000
12-14-2023, 01:12 PM
If some one wants to have a %60 sale, I would be more than willing to take that deal. You really don't know how bad and stupid I feel.
That's back when I did not know about the "subscription" model and I thought around $700 was a lot at once. If I was smart, I should have bought a bronze subscription. But I did not. Now that was stupid. Boy have things
changed.

Bronze was gifts... silver was $3500 I think and that was numbered. Steal of a deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeDuke
12-14-2023, 01:18 PM
If some one wants to have a %60 sale, I would be more than willing to take that deal. You really don't know how bad and stupid I feel.
That's back when I did not know about the "subscription" model and I thought around $700 was a lot at once. If I was smart, I should have bought a bronze subscription. But I did not. Now that was stupid. Boy have things
changed.

Bronze was gifts... silver was $3500 I think and that was numbered. Steal of a deal

Right. That's the one I should have got. I think Silver was Lettered only. Well whatever. I should have gotten the numbered subscription I just did not realize how everything worked and that I would be buying books once a month. It's just a mistake that I made. have to live with. And the fact that I had multiple chances to get Misery, including from the start, makes me feel even worse. But enough about my mistake. I am looking forward to 2024.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-14-2023, 02:27 PM
I've made a LOT more book buying mistakes than that, Mike!
And I agree with you, looking forward!

herbertwest
12-15-2023, 08:17 AM
What do you guys think, any chance this upcoming GHOST STORY release w/ a King intro could be a suntup?

https://twitter.com/StephenKing/status/1732869904410230883

That's centipede press. They are doing that book.

Centipede is doing that book, but it's not their edition that will have the intro that King may write.
I asked Jerad earlier today

St. Troy
12-15-2023, 09:37 AM
Centipede is doing that book, but it's not their edition that will have the intro that King may write.
I asked Jerad earlier today

Thanks for confirming.

RichardX
12-15-2023, 10:52 AM
Hope Paul gives some consideration to "We" by Yevgeny Zamyatin. The 1924 precursor to "1984" and "Brave New World." Something different.

cit74
12-15-2023, 02:58 PM
changed.

Right. That's the one I should have got. I think Silver was Lettered only. Well whatever. I should have gotten the numbered subscription I just did not realize how everything worked and that I would be buying books once a month. It's just a mistake that I made. have to live with. And the fact that I had multiple chances to get Misery, including from the start, makes me feel even worse. But enough about my mistake. I am looking forward to 2024.

Bronze was limited books, no AE...I am happy with my bronze medal every day.

webstar1000
12-15-2023, 03:00 PM
changed.

There was a gift edition one for $750.... then silver, gold and platinum. Platinum didn't sell... that included Roman's...

MikeDuke
12-15-2023, 05:20 PM
I could have swore there was a numbered one for $3,500. Not that it matters, because those days are long gone.

MikeDuke
12-15-2023, 05:23 PM
changed.

That's what I thought. Man I should have done that.

mcbanick
12-16-2023, 01:48 AM
changed.

That's what I thought. Man I should have done that.

To satisfy my curiosity… can someone explain to me how those Suntup subscription models are structured? What did you get for he money spent n the sub?

MikeDuke
12-16-2023, 01:01 PM
One level was only AE
One level was only numbered
One level was only lettered
On level was all 3
One level was all three and a RN if available.

playdohman
12-17-2023, 04:47 PM
One level was only AE
One level was only numbered
One level was only lettered
On level was all 3
One level was all three and a RN if available.

AE was the CLASSIC and numbered was the BRONZE. I was nervous at the time but listened to several folks who knew Paul and I took the gamble. One of my best investments based on the return, not only the value of the books but the variety of titles, authors, and genres in my library now. The books keep rolling in and my ongoing cost is only the shipping.

webstar1000
12-18-2023, 04:05 AM
I could have swore there was a numbered one for $3,500. Not that it matters, because those days are long gone.

Numbered only was $3500. Mine was $25K and I have a Gold which is all proofs, AE's, numbered and Gold. There ware no Platinum sold.

JGeis
12-18-2023, 09:28 AM
Can’t wait to hear everyone’s guesses on the new announcements. Personally, I have no concrete ideas in any of the hints.

MikeDuke
12-18-2023, 09:52 AM

Numbered only was $3500. Mine was $25K and I have a Gold which is all proofs, AE's, numbered and Gold. There ware no Platinum sold.
Yea, back then I thought that was a lot of money. But now I just feel stupid. Having all the proofs, AE, numbered and lettered must be quite exciting. I would have been satisfied with just the numbered. But, I was not ready to do that at the time.

CyberGhostface
12-18-2023, 09:56 AM
Can’t wait to hear everyone’s guesses on the new announcements. Personally, I have no concrete ideas in any of the hints.

January is Boy’s Life, February is Rebecca. No idea about March.

ajw2910
12-18-2023, 10:12 AM
Interesting that Feb and Mar have no classic editions…..

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-18-2023, 10:23 AM
I have a question.
When Paul does the 'giveaway's on Facebook or whatever it's called now, WHAT does he usually give away? And how exactly does it work? Do you e-mail him or what?
It's ALMOST tempting enough to join Facebook!

CyberGhostface
12-18-2023, 10:29 AM
I have a question.
When Paul does the 'giveaway's on Facebook or whatever it's called now, WHAT does he usually give away? And how exactly does it work? Do you e-mail him or what?
It's ALMOST tempting enough to join Facebook!

Most of the time it’s just gift certificates. He may have given out a few arcs in the past. And yeah you email him after.

HorrorfanTom
12-18-2023, 01:29 PM

SubPress already did an amazing Boy's Life. LP has been doing the other McCammon's. I would LOVE to see Paul do Boy's Life but is it too much to hope for????

CyberGhostface
12-18-2023, 01:42 PM
During the livestream session Paul was showing off the pages of a book and people were able to make out ‘2. The Magic Box’ which corresponds with a chapter in ‘Boy’s Life’. Another page looks like it says ‘Winter’s Cold’ which corresponds to a section of the book called ‘Winter’s Cold Truth’.

JeremyM
12-18-2023, 02:43 PM

March sounds a lot like ‘Born of Man and Woman’ by Richard Matheson.

shaq
12-19-2023, 02:56 AM
During the livestream session Paul was showing off the pages of a book and people were able to make out ‘2. The Magic Box’ which corresponds with a chapter in ‘Boy’s Life’. Another page looks like it says ‘Winter’s Cold’ which corresponds to a section of the book called ‘Winter’s Cold Truth’.

Paul will never open a book again on the live stream ever lol

Tommy
12-19-2023, 12:11 PM
Boy's Life is going to be amazing.

Br!an
12-24-2023, 04:08 PM
I have the following Suntup artist editions available for sale:

Horns
Horns (Fine book, dented slipcase.)
Dark Matter
Animal Farm
Johnny Got His Gun
The Island of Doctor Moreau
Red Dragon
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Let The Right One In
Fahrenheit 451
The Outsider
Hannibal
The Silence of the Lambs
The Butcher Boy
Schindler's Ark
The Omen
The Handmaid's Tale
Replay
I Am Legend
Slaughterhouse Five
Zombie
A Scanner Darkly
Stardship Troopers

sullichin
12-25-2023, 05:13 PM
Any chance Godfather numbered coming in Jan? I'm moving in Feb so I'll have to change shipping addresses. Excited for that one!

DoctorZaius
12-25-2023, 08:52 PM
I gave my wife a Godfather artist edition for XMAS - she loved it.

JGeis
12-27-2023, 09:27 AM
FYI Brian - system says you’ve exceeded your stored messages and can not accept new PM’s.

MikeDuke
01-08-2024, 01:38 PM
Just got The Magus. Man is that one fine book. Build quality and art are top notch.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-08-2024, 03:59 PM
Just got The Magus. Man is that one fine book. Build quality and art are top notch.

Dang, if you're talking about the numbered edition, which I missed out on due to lack of funds at the time, or in other words, I was broke.

I have an idea, Mike, give me yours!

Patrick
01-11-2024, 06:41 PM
I received The Magus numbered a few days ago. It’s a beauty!

CyberGhostface
01-18-2024, 09:04 AM
Boy’s Life is up.

https://suntup.press/boys-life/

RichardX
01-18-2024, 10:01 AM
Nice to see McCammon getting the Suntup treatment. Also great that he is signing the Classic edition. I need to go back and read that one again. It's been a long time.

webstar1000
01-18-2024, 10:17 AM
I have a lettered for sale:)

HorrorfanTom
01-18-2024, 10:21 AM
If anyone is getting rid of their numbered edition of Boy's Life to stay on the train let me know!

**Got one!

MikeDuke
01-18-2024, 10:53 AM
They all look really great. Glad I got the numbered.

Ben Mears
01-18-2024, 01:31 PM
Interesting to note that two excellent coming of age novels first published in 1991, Boy's Life and Summer Of Night, have limited editions illustrated by David Palumbo.

Joe315
01-18-2024, 02:00 PM
The classic is selling fast. 125 left.

Tommy
01-18-2024, 08:14 PM
Looks beautiful! Will it start a long line of Suntup McCammon limiteds I wonder? All my Sub Press and CD limiteds might have to go!

HorrorfanTom
01-18-2024, 08:32 PM
Looks beautiful! Will it start a long line of Suntup McCammon limiteds I wonder? All my Sub Press and CD limiteds might have to go!

There are only a couple McCammon titles that haven't gotten nice Limiteds done for them. I am thinking Paul did this one because it is such a fantastic book.

Tommy
01-18-2024, 08:45 PM

There are only a couple McCammon titles that haven't gotten nice Limiteds done for them. I am thinking Paul did this one because it is such a fantastic book.

I feel that way about most McCammon's books. I go back and forth on what a favorite would be. Mine is a pretty awesome book. Mystery Walk too, maybe those could be contenders for a new McCammon limited.

Tommy
01-19-2024, 04:52 AM
Classic Edition SOLD OUT

Ari_Racing
01-19-2024, 08:37 AM
I discovered McCammon pretty late, back in 2015, and without a doubt he became one of my favourite writers. While I still didn't read all his books, so far I liked a lot all of them but one (Baal, which I liked but not a lot). Boy's Life, Speaks the Nightbird and Swan Song (which IMO is way better than The Stand) are INCREDIBLE.

RichardX
01-19-2024, 09:18 AM
I discovered McCammon pretty late, back in 2015, and without a doubt he became one of my favourite writers. While I still didn't read all his books, so far I liked a lot all of them but one (Baal, which I liked but not a lot). Boy's Life, Speaks the Nightbird and Swan Song (which IMO is way better than The Stand) are INCREDIBLE.

Same here. When I first came across his books, I couldn't believe he had been writing for so long and I had never heard of him. His career is comparable to Stephen King in terms of longevity and quality of his books. Blue World and The Five are great books that don't get mentioned often.

MikeDuke
01-19-2024, 10:14 AM
50 numbered left.
6 lettered left.

Tommy
01-19-2024, 11:08 AM
Numbered are left?
I want one, general public can order?

Tommy
01-19-2024, 11:10 AM
NVM, figured it out, if anyone is looking to trade a numbered I have other McCammon limiteds I guess I need to move on out and other authors, too

MikeDuke
01-19-2024, 11:19 AM
Numbered are left?
49 are left.

HorrorfanTom
01-19-2024, 11:19 AM
While we are talking about McCammon, if anyone has or knows of a Subterranean Press Lettered edition of They Thirst I would love to get a copy!

McCammon proofs always catch my eye (and my wallet!) too.

Tommy
01-19-2024, 11:24 AM
Numbered are left?
49 are left.

Not open for public just yet,
I wish I could get one but thinking about it, the person that does get it and wants to trade or sell has to make a profit so I really wouldn't be able to afford it now and probably not ever but it does look very nice, congratulations to everyone that gets it. It is a favorite of mine for sure.

MikeDuke
01-19-2024, 11:34 AM
Yea, tomorrow at 12:00EST. There may be a few left. To bad it's above your reach.

Tommy
01-19-2024, 12:02 PM
Yeah, actually getting a sale list together but it is taking me a while, researching current prices is getting difficult

zelig
01-31-2024, 09:52 AM
Hello there. Well, I know many of the forum members have been here a lot longer, but I was chatting with Jerome the other day and it occurred to me that this year makes it 10 years since I first joined the forum. I cannot believe it.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-31-2024, 10:21 AM
It seems like yesterday.

Tommy
01-31-2024, 11:55 AM
Congratulations, Paul

MikeDuke
02-01-2024, 12:24 PM
That's great for your 10th. I mean you have over 8,000 posts. That's not to shabby.

Ari_Racing
02-01-2024, 12:41 PM
Congrats!

CyberGhostface
02-15-2024, 09:01 AM
New book is Rebecca.

https://suntup.press/rebecca/

HorrorfanTom
02-15-2024, 09:16 AM
New book is Rebecca.

https://suntup.press/rebecca/

Thanks! I forgot this month has no AE/CE so I won't be getting an email. Looks like another beautiful edition!

St. Troy
02-15-2024, 09:40 AM
Isn't it funny when you hate something with a passion...but can't recall why?

So it is with me and Rebecca; I don't believe I've ever read it (I may have in college, though it's more likely I saw a bit of the 1940 film in a class on Hitchcock) and have no idea what set me off, but...

...every breathless mention of its significance and prominence as an exemplar of the gothic and every hushed recitation of its oh-so-magnificently haunting and evocative opening line pisses me off. (Other than that, I assure you, I am quite ordinary).

I should read it...it would be funny if I enjoyed it.

...but best of luck to Suntup with this; I'm sure it'll go over smashingly.

St. Troy
02-15-2024, 09:47 AM
I wonder how the determination is made to offer or not offer an AE/CE; I was surprised to see none with Rebecca, which seems the type of thing that could shift units (if that were a factor).

MikeDuke
02-15-2024, 10:50 AM
The numbered is almost like a lettered and this has to be one of the best lettered there is after reading what it is made of and how it was made.

CyberGhostface
02-15-2024, 02:15 PM
I thought Rebecca was kind of slow but eventually it gets to a point where there's something that was pretty shocking and then the rest was gripping. I went into it mostly blind though so IDK how much of it is common knowledge to anyone else because of the movie.

Tommy
02-15-2024, 02:28 PM
Isn't it funny when you hate something with a passion...but can't recall why?

So it is with me and Rebecca; I don't believe I've ever read it (I may have in college, though it's more likely I saw a bit of the 1940 film in a class on Hitchcock) and have no idea what set me off, but...

...every breathless mention of its significance and prominence as an exemplar of the gothic and every hushed recitation of its oh-so-magnificently haunting and evocative opening line pisses me off. (Other than that, I assure you, I am quite ordinary).

I should read it...it would be funny if I enjoyed it.

...but best of luck to Suntup with this; I'm sure it'll go over smashingly.

Hitch fought with Selznick throughout the whole thing. I don't think Hitch ever considered it fully his work because David had his fingerprints on it as much as he could. I've never read it either but I hear it started as a "joke" or trick that Daphne tried by writing a book where we never know the protagonist first name. She is simply Mrs. DeWinter. I had to watch that movie ten times before I noticed that.

RichardX
02-16-2024, 08:01 AM
Great looking book as always but this one holds no interest for me.

webstar1000
03-07-2024, 10:53 AM
Red dragon, Silence of the lambs and Handmaid numbers... anyone? Interested. Also Godfather is landing.. that too:)

webstar1000
03-07-2024, 01:41 PM
Red dragon, Silence of the lambs and Handmaid numbers... anyone? Interested. Also Godfather is landing.. that too:)

ISO... I'm looking for these:) thanks

CyberGhostface
03-14-2024, 08:09 AM
New book is Born of Man and Woman by Richard Matheson.

https://suntup.press/born-of-man-and-woman

St. Troy
03-14-2024, 08:29 AM
I think it is cool that Suntup is willing to publish something so short (site says 16 pages).

JeremyM
03-18-2024, 08:20 AM
Announcement schedule for next quarter has been released. My guesses:

April - 'The Hellbound Heart' - edit: more likely something from Kealan Patrick Burke
May - 'Of Mice and Men'
June - 'Don Quixote'

MikeDuke
03-18-2024, 09:19 AM
Announcement schedule for next quarter has been released. My guesses:

April - 'The Hellbound Heart'
May - 'Of Mice and Men'
June - 'Don Quixote'
That's what I was thinking for the first book. But, that would be an awesome quarter if you are right.

St. Troy
03-18-2024, 09:36 AM
Fingers crossed for The Hellbound Heart (which also immediately occurred to me), especially since there is a Classic edition (within my budget).

St. Troy
03-19-2024, 06:20 AM
What do we make of the lack of detail with the April entry? (May is "A classic work of American literature," June is "An epic masterpiece hailed as one of the greatest works of world literature," but no such elaboration for April).

As for the clues we do have (that the author signed and illustrated it tells us the author is either still alive or was until very recently), Clive Barker (as JeremyM noted) is one possibility, but a Reddit user with a username mighty similar to that of someone here noted that Kealan Patrick Burke not only fits that profile (writes, draws, draws breath) but quite recently (March 11) tweeted that he has "big book news coming in April."

https://twitter.com/KealanBurke/status/1767250717406838813

...so KPB seems more likely. My two reactions: A) damn! (I'm really looking forward to THH) and B) I need to get around to trying some KPB.

MLG
03-19-2024, 08:46 AM
What do we make of the lack of detail with the April entry? (May is "A classic work of American literature," June is "An epic masterpiece hailed as one of the greatest works of world literature," but no such elaboration for April).

As for the clues we do have (that the author signed and illustrated it tells us the author is either still alive or was until very recently), Clive Barker (as JeremyM noted) is one possibility, but a Reddit user with a username mighty similar to that of someone here noted that Kealan Patrick Burke not only fits that profile (writes, draws, draws breath) but quite recently (March 11) tweeted that he has "big book news coming in April."

https://twitter.com/KealanBurke/status/1767250717406838813

...so KPB seems more likely. My two reactions: A) damn! (I'm really looking forward to THH) and B) I need to get around to trying some KPB.

As a person who has read most of Mr. Burke's work, I believe he is referring to the sequel to Kin. This is a story he has been asked about a lot and he has mentioned working on it in the past. My guess would be that it is not related to the Suntup announcement as I feel they would have mentioned that it is a new story. Just a guess though.

CyberGhostface
03-20-2024, 05:30 AM
I don’t think it’s Barker in that there’s only 500 copies of the classic edition. For comparison Imajica had a thousand. Kealan Patrick Burke is more likely imo.

herbertwest
03-20-2024, 07:00 AM
Given his tweet, I'd say it seems very likely to be KPB

WeDealInLead
03-20-2024, 07:50 AM
Burke's last three short story collections were print-on-demand paperbacks and e-books only. Hopefully the Suntup book is one of those.

I'm Burke's "Digital 50" subscriber who's yet to read one of the e-books he sent me.

CyberGhostface
03-20-2024, 08:57 AM
I hope it's Kin which was a fun riff on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Edit: Burke said his April book will be announced next week so chances are Suntup will be something else.

RichardX
03-21-2024, 05:21 PM
Paul and Suntup are the best thing going but did I read correctly that the 16-page lettered Matheson short story was going for $1K? If so, I might have to reassess Biden's "shrinkflation" which I had previously attributed to his dementia.

webstar1000
03-21-2024, 05:44 PM
Paul and Suntup are the best thing going but did I read correctly that the 16-page lettered Matheson short story was going for $1K? If so, I might have to reassess Biden's "shrinkflation" which I had previously attributed to his dementia.

You should see his FB live on the making of it. It makes total sense. I'm shocked it's not more.

billstand
03-22-2024, 05:42 AM
Hi Webstar, I have Godfather numbered and Harris numbered books if still looking - billstand01@gmail.com.
Was planning to send out a bunch of books including these to my distribution list next month.

St. Troy
03-22-2024, 06:10 AM
I like that Suntup doesn't shy away from standalone editions of short works (as opposed to padding them out as a "Headliner + Other Stories" type collection).

My dream is for someone to do this with Poe's The Masque of the Red Death.

JeremyM
03-22-2024, 09:01 AM
I like that Suntup doesn't shy away from standalone editions of short works (as opposed to padding them out as a "Headliner + Other Stories" type collection).

No Reply did it a couple years back using the original Harry Clarke illustrations. Out of print, but sure copies will turn up on the secondary market here and there - https://www.noreplypress.com/archive/reddeath

St. Troy
03-22-2024, 10:52 AM

No Reply did it a couple years back using the original Harry Clarke illustrations. Out of print, but sure copies will turn up on the secondary market here and there - https://www.noreplypress.com/archive/reddeath

Thanks.

Had I known about No Reply's edition when it first appeared on Kickstarter, I probably would've jumped in on it ($35 being a mighty low hurdle), but having said that, they didn't quite do what I'm hoping to see someone do with TMOTRD; theirs seems to follow the boutique press philosophy of taking the greatest pains with materials and processes to produce a mostly unremarkable product.

swintek
03-24-2024, 12:20 PM

Thanks.

Had I known about No Reply's edition when it first appeared on Kickstarter, I probably would've jumped in on it ($35 being a mighty low hurdle), but having said that, they didn't quite do what I'm hoping to see someone do with TMOTRD; theirs seems to follow the boutique press philosophy of taking the greatest pains with materials and processes to produce a mostly unremarkable product.

While I respect your opinion on that particular edition- I couldn't disagree more! It's one of my favs on the shelf in fact (as well as it's followup: "Amontillado"). And, the thoroughly-reasonable price makes it "feel" even nicer. ;)

webstar1000
03-28-2024, 06:48 AM
ANYONE had a Last Unicorn Numbered? They woudl part with? THANK YOU drop me a pM

CyberGhostface
03-29-2024, 11:18 AM
Looks like it is Kin after all.

I’ve been given the go-ahead to reveal that the book is a signed limited edition of my novel KIN, which will also include a prequel novella written specifically for this edition.

The book will be on sale Thursday, April 18 at 9 am PT. I’ll post the link when it’s announced.

https://twitter.com/KealanBurke/status/1773787662182215719?s=20

Scoogs
04-14-2024, 04:31 PM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Roman Numeral Edition review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3Mq-GLL8QU

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-14-2024, 05:08 PM
Nice video, but (and it's just a personal preference), I'd never open a book like that fully. Of course, NONE of my new (and other) books have been cracked open more than an inch or just enough to read them if I do so.
I know there's a psychological term for that starting with the letter 'A', no need to inform me!

Randall Flagg
04-14-2024, 06:44 PM
I know there's a psychological term for that starting with the letter 'A', no need to inform me!
affect heuristic

CyberGhostface
04-18-2024, 08:12 AM
The new novel is Kin by Kealan Patrick Burke.

https://suntup.press/kin/

Tommy
04-18-2024, 09:59 PM
any numbered left?

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-19-2024, 02:58 AM
80 numbered
9 lettered

as of RIGHT NOW

MikeDuke
04-19-2024, 07:05 AM
69 numbered
8 lettered

Br!an
04-19-2024, 07:09 AM
I'd like a numbered. Anyone who doesn't want theirs?

Lurker
04-19-2024, 11:36 AM
Just double checking - Suntup has put out five paperweights or cubes?

CyberGhostface
04-19-2024, 12:28 PM

Yeah, for Let the Right One In, Jaws, Horns, Misery and IT.

CyberGhostface
04-19-2024, 12:29 PM
Nice video, but (and it's just a personal preference), I'd never open a book like that fully. Of course, NONE of my new (and other) books have been cracked open more than an inch or just enough to read them if I do so.

Yeah, especially for something that expensive. :scared:

Scoogs
04-19-2024, 12:54 PM

Yeah, especially for something that expensive. :scared:

Right! I almost made a trip to the ER when he opened the book like that to show the full cover.

Lurker
04-19-2024, 12:56 PM

Thanks!

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-19-2024, 01:17 PM

Thanks!

I still need the IT one, wahhhh!

Tommy
04-19-2024, 10:57 PM
If anyone gets an ARC of Kin, I am interested. I don't collect many writers now but I really like KPB and I really like ARCs. I was able to get a numbered copy secured, very happy about that!

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-20-2024, 05:05 AM
Does Suntup still do ARCs?
I haven't seen any new ones for a while, and if I had I would have snatched them right up!

Br!an
04-20-2024, 08:01 AM
Got one!

MikeDuke
05-07-2024, 07:58 AM
I just want to say that The Yellow Wall Paper is a fantastic production.

CyberGhostface
05-16-2024, 08:03 AM
New book is 'Of Mice and Men' by John Steinbeck.

https://suntup.press/of-mice-and-men/

DoctorZaius
05-21-2024, 12:07 PM
New book is 'Of Mice and Men' by John Steinbeck.

https://suntup.press/of-mice-and-men/

So funny that they put a rabbit on the slipcase and book.

Lurker
05-22-2024, 08:37 AM
"Tell me about the rabbits, George."

MikeDuke
06-03-2024, 09:59 AM
Email from Suntup:
Winterset Hollow Numbered Edition-Shipping Delay :(.

St. Troy
06-03-2024, 11:17 AM
Apparently only now does Suntup have a YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/@suntupeditions

CyberGhostface
06-13-2024, 08:07 AM
New book is The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri.

https://suntup.press/the-divine-comedy/

MikeDuke
06-13-2024, 08:26 AM
Numbered ordered. They all look fantastic.

St. Troy
06-13-2024, 09:02 AM
Quite a production.

The lettered's parchment covers, with its resemblance to vellum-bound works common to early printed works, make it the star of the show for me.

DoctorZaius
06-13-2024, 09:06 AM
New book is The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri.

https://suntup.press/the-divine-comedy/

This one looks great, though I wish that they had incorporated more artwork. So many artists have lent their imaginations to Dante's work. Salvador Dali and Gustave Dore are two of my favorites. That there are limited Blake pieces (if i am reading it right) is quite disappointing.

St. Troy
06-13-2024, 09:21 AM
Maybe I'll swing on over to LibraryThing.com to see them kvetch about how this isn't "fine press."

MikeDuke
06-13-2024, 10:10 AM
Down to 168 numbered
18 Lettered

MikeDuke
06-14-2024, 07:02 AM
There are
111 numbered
13 lettered left

St. Troy
06-17-2024, 08:03 AM
Let's get those guesses going folks!

MikeDuke
06-17-2024, 08:22 AM
Well, the Sept one is American Gods, I think. And two numbered books that are in two volumes. Pretty cool.

RC65
06-17-2024, 09:32 AM
The description for the July non-genre, Pulitzer-winning edition says "The Lettered & Numbered editions are signed by the author of the afterword and the artist. The Artist edition is signed by the artist" -- so no editions are signed by a living author. I believe LONESOME DOVE has been high on the request list...it's certainly one I've recommended (even though I've yet to get through a complete reading of it, but someday...).

The hint for "his last" suggests to me SWAN SONG for August. Like their edition of BOY'S LIFE, I'm more than satisfied with the Sub Press edition (and I also have the Dark Harvest edition).

Consensus seems to be AMERICAN GODS for September.

So I'm thinking:

LONESOME DOVE
SWAN SONG
AMERICAN GODS

Joe315
06-17-2024, 09:33 AM
Could August be Swan Song?

KarlHungus
06-17-2024, 09:40 AM
To Kill a Mockingbird
Swan Song
American Gods

goathunter
06-17-2024, 09:41 AM
Most people think July is To Kill a Mockingbird.

It seems pretty clear that August is Swan Song.

HorrorfanTom
06-17-2024, 01:14 PM
Man, I just cleared my credit card from getting all editions of Boy's Life. Looks like I will run them back up for Sean Song! Sorry/Not Sorry 😁