PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65

atari_guy
12-13-2021, 12:35 PM
I'm thinking Ready Player One could be a good fit for March.

Joe315
12-13-2021, 12:55 PM

Subterranean Press did RPO already. Don’t think it needs another edition.

atari_guy
12-13-2021, 01:00 PM
I've got the one from Subterranean Press, and I thought the same thing when someone guessed it from a previous announcement. But I've since noticed that Suntup has done several books that have been done before by other publishers. I wouldn't mind a nicer version of Ready Player One than what Subterranean did. However, I've since realized that it's been more than "a few" years since the book was published.

webstar1000
12-13-2021, 01:07 PM

I think it does. Subpress was boring and suntup would be much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Splync
12-13-2021, 01:08 PM
Bummed we're not getting Hannibal. :cry:

Me too. I was hoping for it in order to get the matching number for the third title.

This'll likely be the quarter that I get off the train. It's going to be far too expensive for me.

Splync
12-13-2021, 01:10 PM

It also just had that fancy rebinding, though that isn't necessarily the same thing.

webstar1000
12-13-2021, 01:11 PM

It also just had that fancy rebinding, though that isn't necessarily the same thing.

That’s a beauty. A work of art!

Splync
12-13-2021, 01:16 PM

That’s a beauty. A work of art!

Rich Tong did the binding work on that, so it's likely among the best.

ajw2910
12-13-2021, 03:07 PM

Me too. I was hoping for it in order to get the matching number for the third title.

This'll likely be the quarter that I get off the train. It's going to be far too expensive for me.

Yeah, probably me as well. I’ll stick to the AE’s and try to grab a numbered edition of something I like on the secondary market. Retiring next month and can’t see having a $500 book payment every month on top of all the other books I buy.

HorrorfanTom
12-13-2021, 04:42 PM

Yeah, probably me as well. I’ll stick to the AE’s and try to grab a numbered edition of something I like on the secondary market. Retiring next month and can’t see having a $500 book payment every month on top of all the other books I buy.

Here, here! Was hoping for another Harris or Barker soon but man, I could be buying a lot of books that I actually want with my Auctioneer, errr Suntup money every month. :lol1:

GenericEric
12-13-2021, 06:50 PM
Pretty cool that the artist edition of the February book is going to be letterpress too. Animal Farm is novella length so if it is that book I can see why the artist edition would be letterpress as well.

MikeDuke
12-14-2021, 04:42 PM
Tracking for numbered Dr. Moreau. YAY.

MLG
12-14-2021, 09:15 PM
Tracking for numbered Dr. Moreau. YAY.

Mine is delayed due to binding issues. I would much prefer the delay over receiving a book with issues.

RichardX
12-15-2021, 07:23 AM
My guesses:

Jan - 'The Handmaid's Tale' - Margaret Atwood
Feb - 'Animal Farm' - George Orwell
Mar - 'Dark Matter' - Blake Crouch

That sound about right. I'm sure there is a subjective element behind the reaction to any book published, but none of those does it for me. Atwood, in particular, is wildly overhyped.

webstar1000
12-15-2021, 07:43 AM
My guesses:

That sound about right. I'm sure there is a subjective element behind the reaction to any book published, but none of those does it for me. Atwood, in particular, is wildly overhyped.

How is Atwood overhyped? The majority are beyond excited for it.... so because you are not a fan its overhyped? Im sincerely curious if that is why?

Brian861
12-15-2021, 09:58 AM
My guesses:

How is Atwood overhyped? The majority are beyond excited for it.... so because you are not a fan its overhyped? Im sincerely curious if that is why?

I for one am really stoked for the Atwood book.

Garrell
12-15-2021, 10:44 AM
Dark Matters FTW. Blake Crouch in general FTW!!!

burgerhicks80
12-15-2021, 02:21 PM
Dark Matters FTW. Blake Crouch in general FTW!!!

Blake Crouch is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. He has a new book coming out next year as well called Upgrade. I'm pretty hyped about it!

Lookwhoitis
12-16-2021, 09:32 AM
No double book months.
That is a blessing...

RichardX
12-16-2021, 03:07 PM
My guesses:

Wildly overhyped. It got media attention in the Trump era for woke political reasons by people who likely never read it or just watched the TV show believing this made them "hep." As I said, likes and dislikes are subjective. There is no right or wrong when it comes to books. So the "majority" should knock themselves out with joy. I'll gladly pass.

Patrick
12-16-2021, 05:01 PM
I have yet to hear any serious book prediction for Q1 that wouldn’t excite me. I’m hyped for everything Q1!

Usually I look at the production updates as a mildly pleasant experience and then put them out of mind. Today however, I’m excited that all editions of CHARLIE have completed printing. One step closer. This book can’t come fast enough for me.

Finally, Paul, you’ve outdone yourself on this year end thank you gift. Very generous of you!

Brian861
12-17-2021, 10:42 AM
I'm not normally an ARC guy but when presented with this opportunity, I simply couldn't pass it up. The movie is what started my fascination with vs fear of these misunderstood, majestic creatures.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/903/medium/Suntup_Jaws_Arc.jpg

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-17-2021, 12:15 PM
Grrrrr, me jealous and envious and all the other deadly sins too.

DoctorZaius
12-17-2021, 12:48 PM
Yes, equally jealous. Not a proof guy either, but it would look good on my Jaws shelf.

Brian861
12-17-2021, 12:53 PM
Grrrrr, me jealous and envious and all the other deadly sins too.

I believe you mean Arrrrgh, Steve.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-17-2021, 01:53 PM
I stand corrected, matey.

Lookwhoitis
12-19-2021, 08:19 PM
Finally, Paul, you’ve outdone yourself on this year end thank you gift. Very generous of you!

what is the year end gift?

cit74
12-19-2021, 09:50 PM

what is the year end gift?

a portfolio of prints from all of the books announced in 2021 (except Charlie and the chocolate factory) for anyone who made 10 (I think it was 10) purchases during the past year

shaq
12-20-2021, 04:59 AM
It is 10 books. I made it to 5, came off the train and then bought 3 on the secondary, well 4 if you count The Road, but that isn’t a 2021 book. My other secondary ones are matching my train number of 3 excellent books (I couldn’t say no to those)

Replay, Blackwater and Johnny.

Sorry, I went off on one thinking about the great scores I had. Next year will be waiting patiently for another Harris book to accompany RD and Silence.

Back to the point, I think it is a wonderful gift for those supporting Paul directly, brilliant gesture.

Happy holidays all.

herbertwest
12-26-2021, 10:02 AM
There are still 4 numbered copies of "The Butcher Boy" : https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions/products/the-butcher-boy-by-patrick-mccabe-numbered-edition

MikeDuke
12-26-2021, 04:07 PM
Got my Dr. Moreau a few days ago. I like it a lot. I need to really go through it, but this year was a great year. Can't wait for next year.

webstar1000
12-28-2021, 10:14 AM
The road and broadside. $1675 and can do payments

Dave1442397
01-04-2022, 12:31 PM
Just when you think it can't get any better, Paul says:

Happy New Year! In December, we mentioned we are producing a free art portfolio as a holiday gift to our loyal customers, featuring one illustration from each of our titles announced in 2021, plus an all-new illustration from Jason Mowry, who previously illustrated our edition of Red Dragon. We are delighted to reveal this magnificent new exclusive piece of artwork for the portfolio, which Jason Mowry will sign. The art portfolio will also include a cover sheet noting the limitation, which I will sign.

To qualify for this free holiday gift, we had originally stated that you must have purchased at least 10 books during 2021. Nearly 500 people qualified to receive the portfolio. However, in order to allow this gift to be experienced by more people, we have decided to make a small change. We are excited to share the update that if you purchased at least 7 books during 2021, you now automatically qualify to receive the portfolio. This means about 150 more customers will be able to enjoy this free holiday gift.

As we get closer to shipping, customers who qualify will receive an email notification confirming their address and that they qualified for the free gift.

Thank you again for your continued support, and I look forward to sharing many new books with you in the New Year.

Paul Suntup

MikeDuke
01-04-2022, 12:50 PM
That is really cool and very nice of Paul to do that.

Splync
01-04-2022, 01:16 PM
Paul, are some of the books used in Mowrey's piece designs of any upcoming titles? There are a lot that I recognize (Hex, Horns, Blood Meridian, and so on), but there are a couple that don't look familiar.

herbertwest
01-04-2022, 01:16 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool ! And in all honnesty, pretty exceptionnal : so that means a gift to about 650 people?
That definitely must represent quite a budget, which I don't think many publishers have/use for such a gesture.
Simply : wow !

By any chance, did anybody compile a list of the books put to preorder in 2021?
Allowing quickly to check if we may qualify to it :)

jeffingoff
01-04-2022, 01:39 PM
Paul, are some of the books used in Mowrey's piece designs of any upcoming titles? There are a lot that I recognize (Hex, Horns, Blood Meridian, and so on), but there are a couple that don't look familiar.

Yeah I saw War of the Worlds, Replay, Seed and a few others. I love that detail!!!

jeffingoff
01-04-2022, 01:41 PM

Yeah I saw War of the Worlds, Replay, Seed and a few others. I love that detail!!!

Silence of the Lambs, Charlie, Red Dragon . . .

Ben Mears
01-04-2022, 02:09 PM
Paul & Suntup Press: All around first class person and business.

Br!an
01-04-2022, 02:34 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool !
By any chance, did anybody compile a list of the books put to preorder in 2021?

The Silence of the Lambs
The Exorcist
The Wolfen
Blood Meridian
The Island of Doctor Moreau
Imajica
Guests
Replay
Johnny Got His Gun
Jaws
Blackwater
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Collector
Hex
The Butcher Boy

shaq
01-04-2022, 02:54 PM
I didn’t qualify but I had a brilliant year.

I bought 5 direct from Paul (6 if you include his poems). I was gifted 2 arcs from Suntup, and I bought 3 of my old number from the next owner on the train.

Oh and The Road too.

So much for slowing down after Blood Meridian lol

zelig
01-04-2022, 05:39 PM

No upcoming titles are in the illustration. It’s only titles that have already been announced. I had a fun time trying to identify them.

Splync
01-04-2022, 06:22 PM

No upcoming titles are in the illustration. It’s only titles that have already been announced. I had a fun time trying to identify them.

Very nice details for sure.

So the real hint is that the next bookmark will have a tassel, right?!

zelig
01-04-2022, 07:30 PM

Very nice details for sure.

So the real hint is that the next bookmark will have a tassel, right?!

Well, that darn artistic license thing can be confusing. Sadly, no tassels on the next bookmark!

amd013
01-05-2022, 07:57 AM
Hi Paul, just want to clarify that you already know who qualifies, and we don't need to send an email with order numbers.

Thanks,
Mike

Patrick
01-05-2022, 09:38 AM
Mowry’s artpiece is wonderful! I love all the Suntup tie-ins, including that the overall feel is a call back to The Reader. Very generous of you, Paul, and somehow not a surprise that you would expand the qualification to include more people. You’re a good man.

zelig
01-05-2022, 01:09 PM
Hi Paul, just want to clarify that you already know who qualifies, and we don't need to send an email with order numbers.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike. Yes, we have a list and will be sending an email out to confirm the addresses. No need to submit a form or send an email. We'll be producing 680 portfolios.

zelig
01-05-2022, 01:11 PM
Mowry’s artpiece is wonderful! I love all the Suntup tie-ins, including that the overall feel is a call back to The Reader. Very generous of you, Paul, and somehow not a surprise that you would expand the qualification to include more people. You’re a good man.

Thanks Patrick. Appreciate it.

webstar1000
01-05-2022, 03:43 PM
Anyone with a blood meridian letter? I have someone asking:)

MikeDuke
01-06-2022, 09:49 AM
I like the video, but I have no idea what the book is. The art pieces that were shown look really good though. And those look like scrabble tiles again. But I could be wrong.

JeremyM
01-06-2022, 10:07 AM
It's 'The Handmaid's Tale' by Margaret Atwood - the Scrabble pieces are a dead giveaway.

Noxus35
01-06-2022, 10:07 AM
I like the video, but I have no idea what the book is. The art pieces that were shown look really good though. And those look like scrabble tiles again. But I could be wrong.

My best guess is The Handmaid's Tale. 😉

Brian861
01-06-2022, 11:05 AM
It's 'The Handmaid's Tale' by Margaret Atwood - the Scrabble pieces are a dead giveaway.

100%

Patrick
01-06-2022, 09:30 PM
This is going to be beautiful. Looking forward to some Suntup Atwood!

herbertwest
01-07-2022, 02:09 PM
There are still 4 butcher numbered available, which comes with rights to Handmaid's Tale (guess)

> https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions/products/the-butcher-boy-by-patrick-mccabe-numbered-edition

Splync
01-07-2022, 02:45 PM
There are still 4 butcher numbered available, which comes with rights to Handmaid's Tale (guess)

> https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions/products/the-butcher-boy-by-patrick-mccabe-numbered-edition

Handmaid's Tale is limited to 250 and the remaining Butcher Boys are above 250, from my understanding.

herbertwest
01-08-2022, 01:36 AM
I didn't think of that !

webstar1000
01-08-2022, 06:09 AM
Anyone got a Horns lettered they would sell? Good offer if so!

Patrick
01-12-2022, 11:05 AM
I enjoyed the livefeed this morning, Paul. Sounds like a lot of books shipping in the next month or so. Also excited to read the Barker book finally in anticipation of your formal announcement whenever it may come.

jeffingoff
01-12-2022, 11:15 AM
That live was BONKERS! Paul just casually dropped a bomb for all the Barker fans out there! I can only imagine what the lettered will be like--suspended by chains in an acrylic case??? An amazing way to kick off the new year.

MikeDuke
01-12-2022, 11:15 AM
Very excited for what's shipping and what's to come down the road.

MikeDuke
01-12-2022, 11:19 AM
That live was BONKERS! Paul just casually dropped a bomb for all the Barker fans out there! I can only imagine what the lettered will be like--suspended by chains in an acrylic case??? An amazing way to kick off the new year.
Yea, a lettered one would be awesome to get. I hope the numbered is solid also. Wait.... Of course it will be. But the lettered. Should be outstanding.
I hope Paul knows that if he decives us, we will tear his soul appart. Only kidding Paul.

shaq
01-12-2022, 11:59 AM
I loved Pauls comments right before that announcement.

Hannibal. Paul isn’t denying he will do it. You Beauty!

ajw2910
01-12-2022, 01:47 PM
I didn’t see the live feed. What is the Barker news everyone is raving about?

Tony Two-Cent
01-12-2022, 03:04 PM
I didn’t see the live feed. What is the Barker news everyone is raving about?

Paul openly stated that one of his upcoming publications will be The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker.

ajw2910
01-12-2022, 07:54 PM
Damn…..today was my retirement day and I was jumping off the numbered train after this month. Now I may have to try and figure out how to stay on!!!!

Joe315
01-12-2022, 08:08 PM
Damn…..today was my retirement day and I was jumping off the numbered train after this month. Now I may have to try and figure out how to stay on!!!!

Get a job :P

Hunchback Jack
01-12-2022, 08:17 PM

Yeah that was a moment, to be sure! Great news!

ajw2910
01-13-2022, 04:09 AM

Get a job :P

That is one way. Not my preferred route…..😁

webstar1000
01-13-2022, 05:00 AM
Hey guys! Looking to purchase a copy of Handmaiden if in fact it’s what is coming! Letter and number! Thanks

Joe315
01-13-2022, 09:11 AM
Are the numbered/lettered editions being signed by Atwood?

MikeDuke
01-13-2022, 09:15 AM
This is what it said in the bottom of the numbered section
Signed by Margaret Atwood, Sophie Mackintosh, Jan Garden Castro and Ken Cunningham.

sullichin
01-13-2022, 09:19 AM
aaah my previous # is 276 so I can't get in, I wish I knew this one was only limited to 250, this sucks

But very excited for Hellbound Heart and Hannibal.

I think Hannibal is really underrated. Amazing book

MikeDuke
01-13-2022, 09:22 AM
aaah my previous # is 276 so I can't get in, I wish I knew this one was only limited to 250, this sucks

Yea, Paul said that this was in the making for a very long time. Back before he upped the count to 350.

sullichin
01-13-2022, 09:30 AM

Yea, Paul said that this was in the making for a very long time. Back before he upped the count to 350.

My fault for not paying attention!

Do designations over #250 get rights to the next title or no?

JeremyM
01-13-2022, 09:36 AM
My fault for not paying attention!

Do designations over #250 get rights to the next title or no?

Yes - the rights for each upcoming edition are laid out in the announcement schedule here - https://suntup.press/news/announcement-schedule-january-march-2022/

Really like the design on the numbered edition here, probably even more than the lettered - very nicely done.

Joe315
01-13-2022, 09:55 AM
This is what it said in the bottom of the numbered section
Signed by Margaret Atwood, Sophie Mackintosh, Jan Garden Castro and Ken Cunningham.

I could swear it didn’t say her name earlier. Thanks.

MikeDuke
01-13-2022, 10:18 AM
I think if the number is a 350 book, then yes, you would have the rights to it.

MikeDuke
01-13-2022, 10:21 AM
355 AE left
115 Numbered left
13 Lettered left

MikeDuke
01-13-2022, 10:35 AM
The numbers are going very fast for this one.

Splync
01-13-2022, 10:55 AM
First title after having left the numbered train and it feels really weird...

What an absolutely beautiful numbered edition though!

MikeDuke
01-13-2022, 11:12 AM
below 100 for the numbered, right at 97.

Dr. Dawg
01-13-2022, 11:23 AM
The quality of this production has me thinking of going in on the lottery (if any are left at that point)...

GenericEric
01-13-2022, 12:05 PM
A 250 print run, this is definitely heading for the lottery. (if it even gets there!!)

Hunchback Jack
01-13-2022, 12:12 PM
The numbered edition is just stunning. I love the design and the artwork!

Brian861
01-13-2022, 12:35 PM
I believe the highest priced numbered to date also at $750. Agreed it is a gorgeous production.

Hunchback Jack
01-13-2022, 12:37 PM
I believe the highest priced numbered to date also at $750. Agreed it is a gorgeous production.

Exorcist was $850, and if Handmade's Tale is anything like that level of production, it's worth every penny.

JeremyM
01-13-2022, 12:38 PM

Imajica ($775), The Exorcist ($850) and Blood Meridian ($975) were all pricier - but certainly towards the top end of numbered edition pricing.

webstar1000
01-13-2022, 12:38 PM
This vibe is so misery like. I’m a huge huge fan!

Brian861
01-13-2022, 12:41 PM

Imajica ($775), The Exorcist ($850) and Blood Meridian ($975) were all pricier - but certainly towards the top end of numbered edition pricing.

Ah. Crazy how much of a bargain the numbered Misery was.

MikeDuke
01-13-2022, 12:55 PM
Yea, this looks like a keeper for sure.

MikeDuke
01-13-2022, 12:57 PM
90 mumbered left.

Splync
01-13-2022, 03:20 PM

And Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! I feel like the buzz around that book has really simmered down.

webstar1000
01-13-2022, 03:26 PM

And Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! I feel like the buzz around that book has really simmered down.

The buzz dies down after the next release always…. It’s the way it goes until she lands. And with the golden tickets? This will be huge I think with excitement upon shipping.

webstar1000
01-13-2022, 05:03 PM
I have a lettered for sale if anyone is looking:)

jeffingoff
01-13-2022, 05:25 PM
This release kicked up a lot more ISO posts than sale posts.

webstar1000
01-13-2022, 05:27 PM

BIG TIME.

Hunchback Jack
01-13-2022, 08:36 PM

Yeah, a lot of people looking for Handmaids Tale #’ed. Very popular and important title.

MikeDuke
01-14-2022, 06:59 AM
Did anybody notice that the same person who did the papers for 1984 (one of my favorites) is doing the papers for this book.
I think that is awesome and now I know this will be a special book.

MikeDuke
01-14-2022, 11:18 AM
AE 233
Numbered 41
Lettered 5

GenericEric
01-14-2022, 01:48 PM
This vibe is so misery like. I’m a huge huge fan!

That's the first thing I thought of when seeing the numbered! It really is a stunning edition.

JeremyM
01-14-2022, 03:20 PM
Recently finished reading Suntup's edition of 'A Scanner Darkly'. While I'd read it previously I'd forgotten just how tragic the story is. I'm too young to relate to the drug culture that inspired the novel, but the humanity that Dick ensures we can see in the characters really comes through. I love the art that Vanessa Lemen created for this. The illustrations are just pitch perfect in theme and placement. They really speak to the paranoia, loss of identity, and pervasive surveillance that is present throughout the novel. For some reason I'd just assumed these were digital, but are apparently oil on board - I bet the originals are just amazing to see in person.

becca69
01-14-2022, 03:38 PM
Recently finished reading Suntup's edition of 'A Scanner Darkly'. While I'd read it previously I'd forgotten just how tragic the story is. I'm too young to relate to the drug culture that inspired the novel, but the humanity that Dick ensures we can see in the characters really comes through. I love the art that Vanessa Lemen created for this. The illustrations are just pitch perfect in theme and placement. They really speak to the paranoia, loss of identity, and pervasive surveillance that is present throughout the novel. For some reason I'd just assumed these were digital, but are apparently oil on board - I bet the originals are just amazing to see in person.

Vanessa's paintings are amazing. I have two, one being the cover of the numbered edition.

https://i.postimg.cc/qBwqQ2fD/IMG-2035.jpg (https://postimg.cc/bdGqwDw1)
https://i.postimg.cc/nr3LzfYf/IMG-2036.jpg (https://postimg.cc/LgZSC7bx)

https://i.postimg.cc/kXh4P9gx/Sybella-Vanessa-Lemen.jpg (https://postimg.cc/mtCR7vMD)

webstar1000
01-14-2022, 03:39 PM

Vanessa's paintings are amazing. I have two, one being the cover of the numbered edition.

Wow.

Randall Flagg
01-14-2022, 04:59 PM
Becca, you are quietly amassing a wonderful original art collection. Be careful (or move to a large house) as you will run out of wall space.

becca69
01-14-2022, 06:16 PM
Becca, you are quietly amassing a wonderful original art collection. Be careful (or move to a large house) as you will run out of wall space.

Wall space you say? I don’t know what that is anymore as well as shelf space!

zelig
01-14-2022, 07:21 PM
Since we’re sharing art, I rarely buy any of the originals from our books but it made sense to get this one.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220115/c7690ed075e4e78db9e8ca7a5c7a3d6c.jpg

jeffingoff
01-14-2022, 07:28 PM
Since we’re sharing art, I rarely buy any of the originals from our books but it made sense to get this one.

Perfection. You had to buy it. I love his stuff. Hopefully he’ll be an artist who can work on another Suntup edition?

zelig
01-14-2022, 07:54 PM
You had to end that with a question mark huh?! But yes, that would be nice.

jeffingoff
01-14-2022, 07:56 PM
You had to end that with a question mark huh?! But yes, that would be nice.

Hahahaha I didn’t want anyone to think I knew something. My survival depends on the low expectations of others.

shaq
01-15-2022, 01:59 AM
Wonderful art in here. Congratulations.

Ben Mears
01-15-2022, 05:20 AM

Wow.

+1

Noxus35
01-15-2022, 07:13 AM

That's one amazing piece of art Paul! And it totally makes sense to own it. 😎

GenericEric
01-15-2022, 08:11 AM
Looks like we're going to a lottery with 2 numbered left!

MikeDuke
01-15-2022, 10:45 AM
Wow, only 2. That's impressive. Good luck everybody.

herbertwest
01-15-2022, 12:04 PM
2 numbered left in the lottery?

Handmaid looks very nice, and I am considering entering it...

scottb
01-15-2022, 12:24 PM

Love that piece, Paul. Do the artists often sell the originals created for Suntup Editions? If so, what's the appropriate way to find out about a particular piece? Contact the artist directly or contact Suntup Editions? I want to be as little of a bother as possible but have no idea how the rights or agreements work with the art.

zelig
01-15-2022, 03:39 PM
Sure, you would just contact the artist directly. And yes I have seen where people have purchased original art from some of our editions. Good luck!

herbertwest
01-16-2022, 10:05 AM
Paul,

In your last facebook video, at 9min03 you mention a "cat slipcase" for "a scanner darkly". Any chance to know more about what that is?
I am not sure to understand from the website pictures

jeffingoff
01-16-2022, 10:14 AM
Paul,

In your last facebook video, at 9min03 you mention a "cat slipcase" for "a scanner darkly". Any chance to know more about what that is?
I am not sure to understand from the website pictures

I believe he said “capped” slipcase.

herbertwest
01-16-2022, 10:50 AM
So it's something like this?

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/NeuromancerNumberedCase.jpg
https://www.kathmandubooks.com/assets/images/product/35598_1.jpg
https://preview.redd.it/go8zit1bzpd71.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&2a63737d

jeffingoff
01-16-2022, 10:52 AM
So it's something like this?

https://www.kathmandubooks.com/product/55292/SOMETHING-WICKED-THIS-WAY-COMES-Bradbury-Ray
https://www.reddit.com/r/dune/comments/osj4ow/photos_of_centipede_presss_upcoming_edition_of/

Yes. Like Horns and Let the Right One In as well. And Dune from Centipede.

herbertwest
01-16-2022, 11:04 AM
Thanks !

zelig
01-16-2022, 11:32 AM
That’s it. Capped. Must be my foreign accent!

herbertwest
01-16-2022, 11:46 AM
More likely to be my foreign understanding :)

shaq
01-16-2022, 03:13 PM
Capped cases are fab. The book is so protected, and always fun taking horns out of its case. Fab

stroppygoblin
01-17-2022, 07:11 AM
Someone say Cat slipcase? :evil:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1493570480-petsematary.jpg

webstar1000
01-18-2022, 07:13 AM
Anyone have a numbered HEX to sell?

Hunchback Jack
01-19-2022, 06:11 PM
Not very topical, but I am about a third into the Wolfen, and I’m really enjoying it. It reads more like a police procedural than a horror novel, at least so far, but that’s right up my alley – I quite like police procedurals. The prose is very down to earth and straightforward, which suits the material.

Another title I probably would not have read, if it weren’t a Suntup publication.

Patrick
01-20-2022, 12:23 AM
Becca and Paul, thanks for sharing your artwork originals. They’re wonderful. Paul, what is the size of the Mowry original piece?

CyberGhostface
01-20-2022, 04:36 PM
I’m offering to sell The Butcher Boy with rights at a reduced price of $250 (a hundred and twenty-five dollars off the list price).

Long story short I’m hoping to get matching numbers for Hannibal with my Silence of the Lambs but staying on the rights train has become a bit difficult for me.

My request is that whoever buys the rights sells me their copy of Hannibal with the matching number. I can get you a copy if you want one in your collection (so it would just be a trade). If you were to jump off before then I just ask that you offer to sell the rights back. (Although if it doesn’t come out this year I’ll probably give up.)

Brian861
01-21-2022, 01:01 PM
Anyone have a numbered HEX to sell?

Willing to sell mine.

Brian861
01-21-2022, 01:02 PM
Not very topical, but I am about a third into the Wolfen, and I’m really enjoying it. It reads more like a police procedural than a horror novel, at least so far, but that’s right up my alley – I quite like police procedurals. The prose is very down to earth and straightforward, which suits the material.

Another title I probably would not have read, if it weren’t a Suntup publication.

I hope the book is much better than the movie. It bored me to tears.

MLG
01-21-2022, 01:53 PM

I generally enjoyed the book but must admit that removing the whole love triangle story line would have helped the story.

Brian861
01-21-2022, 01:56 PM

I generally enjoyed the book but must admit that removing the whole love triangle story line would have helped the story.

That aspect of the story didn't appear in the movie I believe. Is the book worth a listen?

MLG
01-21-2022, 02:31 PM

That aspect of the story didn't appear in the movie I believe. Is the book worth a listen?

It was worth a read to me. A agree that it is more police procedural than horror. Could have been better but I enjoyed it.

GenericEric
01-23-2022, 05:46 PM
A few Suntup numbered and artist editions for sale:

The Silence of Lambs Numbered Edition. #347/350 ***$780***
Unread fine condition. Comes with all extras Ceramic lamb, moth sticker, and bookmark.

The Exorcist Numbered Edition. #28/250 ***$925***
Unread fine condition. Includes bookmark and Suntup insignia patch.

The Island of Doctor Moreau Numbered Edition. #284/350 ***$325***
Unread fine condition. Includes bookmark and The Art of Letterpress Printing pamphlet.

The Island of Doctor Moreau Artist Edition. ***$115***
New still in publishers shrink wrap. Includes bookmark.

The Silence of the Lambs Artist Edition. ***$210***
Fine unread condition. Includes bookmark.

A Scanner Darkly Artist Edition. ***$160***
New still in publishers shrink wrap. Includes bookmark.

1984 Artist Edition. ***$130***
Fine unread condition. Includes bookmark.

The Exorcist ARC. ***$330*** (OH HOLD)
Fine unread condition.

Price includes shipping within US. International at cost. Contact me here or by email at ericjohns5000@gmail.com. Thanks!

webstar1000
01-24-2022, 04:08 AM
I have a lettered Handmaides Tale for $3500 for sale.

LOOKING for a numbered Handmaid if anyone wants to work a trade for the lettered or sell it outright.

RichardX
01-24-2022, 08:08 AM

The book and movie have very different plots. The movie is flawed in a lot of respects but one of those that you have to watch in context. NYC was a battleground at the time it was filmed. Areas of the city looked like Germany after WWII. Nothing but rubble. A scary time even by today's standards. The movie captures some of that. And Old Albert Finney is a hoot.

Joe315
01-24-2022, 09:24 AM
Got a Blood Meridian shipping soon email!!

JeremyM
01-24-2022, 09:45 AM
NYC was a battleground at the time it was filmed. Areas of the city looked like Germany after WWII. Nothing but rubble. A scary time even by today's standards. The movie captures some of that.

Off topic - but another film that covers NYC during this time period is the little seen 'The Wolf Hour' from 2019. It's not a great movie (maybe not even a good movie), but I found it compelling based on Naomi Watt's stunning performance and the sense of time & place it evokes is palpable. As a glacially paced psychological thriller (portrait maybe?) it wont be everyone's cup of tea, but not without points of interest.

Hugely excited for this title, I gave away my paperback a few weeks back in anticipation of this shipping. I've found Prof Amy Hungerford's lecture on 'Blood Meridian' useful in unpacking the novel - on youtube here for folks interested - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgyZ4ia25gg

MikeDuke
01-24-2022, 10:24 AM
Yea, that really made my day.

Splync
01-24-2022, 12:09 PM
NYC was a battleground at the time it was filmed. Areas of the city looked like Germany after WWII. Nothing but rubble. A scary time even by today's standards. The movie captures some of that. And Old Albert Finney is a hoot.

This reminds me of when they were filming one of the Purge movies here in Buffalo, NY. They filmed in a neighborhood that looked so downtrodden that they didn't have to do any set dressing to make the street look "abandoned and wartorn".

zelig
01-24-2022, 12:30 PM
Becca and Paul, thanks for sharing your artwork originals. They’re wonderful. Paul, what is the size of the Mowry original piece?

Hi Patrick. It's 19" x 13".

MikeDuke
01-26-2022, 06:15 AM
Now I got the "Shipment is on the way" email for BM. Looks like 5 days and I will have this beauty in my bookshelf.:excited:. Very excited.
Can you tell?

BrewMeister
01-26-2022, 08:37 AM
Now I got the "Shipment is on the way" email for BM. Looks like 5 days and I will have this beauty in my bookshelf.:excited:. Very excited.
Can you tell?

Can't wait! Seems like FOR-EV-ER (imagine Squints from The Sandlot) since my last Suntup arrived!

herbertwest
01-26-2022, 08:38 AM
Can you tell?

Can't wait! Seems like FOR-EV-ER (imagine Squints from The Sandlot) since my last Suntup arrived!

Suntup delays are nowhere in comparison to some other publishers :panic:

webstar1000
01-26-2022, 09:30 AM
Lettered Handmaid... $3450 shipped!

BrewMeister
01-28-2022, 11:45 AM
Received my numbered copy of Blood Meridian today! Next to Misery, quite possibly the best looking Suntup edition I've received so far. With all the design features, it definitely has the look and feel of a lettered edition.

MikeDuke
01-28-2022, 12:40 PM
Can't wait to get mine next week.

Joe315
01-28-2022, 02:16 PM
Received my numbered copy of Blood Meridian today! Next to Misery, quite possibly the best looking Suntup edition I've received so far. With all the design features, it definitely has the look and feel of a lettered edition.

100%. Beautiful book.

JeremyM
01-28-2022, 04:44 PM
Received my copy of 'Blood Meridian' today. I really like the appearance of the book, the starkness and texture of the boards makes it feel like some kind of unhallowed artifact. The binding itself does give me a little pause in regards to durability, especially given the relatively large size of the text block - can definitely feel the signatures shift as you read the book. For the most part, the illustrations reproduced nicely, though the fold-out illustration of the wagon train didn't capture the oranges & yellows of the sandstone walls, washing out to a more uniform red - not sure if that was intentional or not. I do love the fold out illustration here - providing more space for an expansive landscape like this is a great call. I like Antique 6 for the drop caps - nice choice.

The introduction covers a lot of the commonly referenced literary allusions - Melville & Milton. I'm not sure I've heard anyone else mention Conrad's Kurtz previously though. Easton Ellis also makes a point of referencing the cinematic aspect of the novel. I'll add that for me, 'The Proposition', is as close to 'Blood Meridian' in spirit as a movie has come so far.

jeffingoff
01-28-2022, 09:54 PM
As someone who is routinely impressed with my Suntup editions, I am stunned silent at the magnificence of Blood Meridian.

MikeDuke
01-28-2022, 10:04 PM
I get mine next week, so I am holding off seeing any other pics.
So Jeff, you think I will like it :).

Brian861
01-29-2022, 08:27 AM

LOOKING for a numbered Handmaid if anyone wants to work a trade for the lettered or sell it outright.

Willing to sell my numbered.

webstar1000
01-29-2022, 08:52 AM

I got one my man. Thanks though Brian!

Brian861
01-29-2022, 09:27 AM

I got one my man. Thanks though Brian!

Most welcome. And since you no longer need it, got it on hold for another member.

Brian861
01-29-2022, 09:27 AM
Is Handmaid's the last of the 250 limitation?

T-Dogz_AK47
01-29-2022, 12:13 PM
Is Handmaid's the last of the 250 limitation?

Not yet. I think you will find there are a few more.

Cook
01-29-2022, 04:07 PM
Suntup's Amazing McCarthy's (https://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?12423-Book-Collection-Cook&p=1254422&viewfull=1#post1254422)

(Click on the link above)

Br!an
01-29-2022, 04:50 PM
As someone who is routinely impressed with my Suntup editions, I am stunned silent at the magnificence of Blood Meridian.

I'm marking the occasion. The sound of silence.

jeffingoff
01-29-2022, 04:55 PM

I'm marking the occasion. The sound of silence.

So is my wife.

Unfortunately I think there’s something wrong with my enclosure. It doesn’t seem to hold my copy all that well. Every time I put the book in the enclosure and on the shelf I find the book back in my hands. It never stays in the enclosure for longer than 10 minutes. I can’t find a defect or any damage but damnit if the book won’t sit in there.

herbertwest
01-30-2022, 03:27 AM
Betts has a "Blood Meridian" SL for sale at 2k

webstar1000
01-31-2022, 01:11 PM
Handmaid lettered shipped upon receipt. $3250!

MikeDuke
01-31-2022, 01:15 PM
That's a great price Kris. Good luck.

MikeDuke
01-31-2022, 01:33 PM
I also just want to say that BM has moved to the top of my numbered list of books I have. That is a tall task considering what books are already out.
It is just a fantastic ed, and if you the chance, pick one up.

Tony
01-31-2022, 06:00 PM
If anyone's looking for a numbered copy of Suntup's The Road to go along with their shiny new Blood Meridian let me know, I have one for sale for US$1,395 including shipping to the US and Canada.

stroppygoblin
02-01-2022, 01:40 AM
One small attention to detail that some of you Blood Meridian numbered owners may have missed. When you take the book out of the tray case, take a look at the bottom insert that the book is resting on. Because of the unusual way the book is bound, it is thicker at the spine than it is at the page edge, so it's effectively a 'wedge' shape tapering from left to right. The tray case is built to accommodate this and the floor is tapered in the opposite direction to allow for the slope, meaning the book lies absolutely flat in the case and is supported throughout.

I think this is as cool as hell. :cool:

webstar1000
02-01-2022, 10:25 AM
Numbered Handmaid. $1250 shipped

jeffingoff
02-01-2022, 10:38 AM
One small attention to detail that some of you Blood Meridian numbered owners may have missed. When you take the book out of the tray case, take a look at the bottom insert that the book is resting on. Because of the unusual way the book is bound, it is thicker at the spine than it is at the page edge, so it's effectively a 'wedge' shape tapering from left to right. The tray case is built to accommodate this and the floor is tapered in the opposite direction to allow for the slope, meaning the book lies absolutely flat in the case and is supported throughout.

Wow!!!! Thank you for pointing that out!!

Joe315
02-01-2022, 04:55 PM

Saw this. Thought it was a great touch

zelig
02-03-2022, 02:12 PM

Well spotted. I also did this with the Lettered edition of The Road.

shaq
02-03-2022, 03:12 PM

I was too busy sniffing the boards and paper to notice!

Very cool touch.

MikeDuke
02-03-2022, 05:05 PM
So the inside of the case is lower at the spine part of the book. And the slant in the book makes it even? That's so ingenious. I never would have noticed that.
If I am describing it right.

herbertwest
02-04-2022, 10:04 AM

Any chances to see pictures to better understand?

Splync
02-04-2022, 10:10 AM

Any chances to see pictures to better understand?

I can post pictures later, but I do point out the slant while looking over the traycase in my unboxing video. ;-)

https://youtu.be/OoTxWlQF3io

herbertwest
02-06-2022, 10:02 AM
Thanks, it looks nice !

A year or so ago, I saw in french shops a mook (magazine/book) about "Dune" that was using the same kind of page binding.
Obviously it was a way cheaper and not as impressive quality, but that's only one I saw in person. And already I thought it was quite interesting to see. Quite unusual :)

(If intrigued, here is an unboxing video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeo5hiFEmXM) of that french "Dune" mook)

herbertwest
02-08-2022, 02:28 AM
By the way, given the last Suntup print was released in june, we haven't heard much about it.
According to the website, there are still stock of some prints?

The prints => https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-individual-prints

Shouldn't there also be at least a mention of them in the "In Print" section (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions), so that they aren't forgotten and the stock slowly decrease? :)

Dr. Dawg
02-08-2022, 11:17 AM
By the way, given the last Suntup print was released in june, we haven't heard much about it.
According to the website, there are still stock of some prints?

The prints => https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-individual-prints

Shouldn't there also be at least a mention of them in the "In Print" section (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions), so that they aren't forgotten and the stock slowly decrease? :)

I just bought a couple of prints last week, and I still have my eye on a couple of more...

MikeDuke
02-10-2022, 09:54 AM
462 AE left
229 numbered left
14 letted left

herbertwest
02-10-2022, 11:43 AM
The illustrations are terrific, congrats Paul !

MikeDuke
02-10-2022, 06:50 PM
You know what's better than one shipping order from Suntup? Getting TWO :flip2::biggrin::excited::biggrin1::nana:.

Brian861
02-11-2022, 10:29 AM
For Sale:

The Collector $530 #235
Butcher Boy $305 #235
Animal Farm with future rights $730 #235

Price includes shipping within the CONUS. International at cost. PayPal F&F or add 4%. PM if interested.

ajw2910
02-11-2022, 12:07 PM
I just came on here to do something similar Brian!

I have a similar deal with #232 and rights if anyone is interested.

Brian861
02-11-2022, 12:19 PM

Back off, Bro! I'm trying to fund my second childhood here!

ajw2910
02-11-2022, 01:19 PM

I’m living mine, so I’ll stand down until you are sold!!! 😁

Br!an
02-11-2022, 01:32 PM

Are you guys getting off the train?

ajw2910
02-11-2022, 01:58 PM
I am. Hate to do it, especially with Hellbound Heart in the future, but my current situation doesn’t lend itself to paying $500-$900 a month on one book. I’d like to stay in and sell them as I get them but can’t be sure that I can always get them sold. It pains me to do it, but maybe if things change I can jump back on at some point.

Brian861
02-11-2022, 03:37 PM

:lol:

Brian861
02-11-2022, 03:38 PM

Are you guys getting off the train?

Yea. My interest are starting to move into different areas.

webstar1000
02-11-2022, 03:41 PM
Handmaid’s Tale numbered for $1145 shipped

MikeDuke
02-11-2022, 04:49 PM
113N
164AE
5 L

St. Troy
02-12-2022, 10:25 AM
...with Hellbound Heart in the future...

Wait; whaaaaat?

Suntup is going to do Hellbound Heart?

MikeDuke
02-12-2022, 11:55 AM

Wait; whaaaaat?

Paul let it slip. It may not be for a while, but yes, he is doing Hellbound Heart.

St. Troy
02-12-2022, 12:01 PM

Wait; whaaaaat?

Paul let it slip. It may not be for a while, but yes, he is doing Hellbound Heart.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH SWEET BABY JESUS OF NAZARETH

...any idea of the time frame on this?

MikeDuke
02-12-2022, 12:17 PM

Wait; whaaaaat?

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH SWEET BABY JESUS OF NAZARETH

...any idea of the time frame on this?
He said "Hang Back". "I don't think it will be this year." "It's a little ways off, but I have some great things planned for it".
Those are right from the FB live. So maybe late this year or hopefully early next year.

St. Troy
02-12-2022, 03:20 PM
He said "Hang Back". "I don't think it will be this year." "It's a little ways off, but I have some great things planned for it".

Those are right from the FB live. So maybe late this year or hopefully early next year.

Thanks.

I used to watch those videos religiously (neat trick for me, since I'm not on FB), but I slacked off - serves me right.

MikeDuke
02-12-2022, 03:59 PM
No problem.

ajw2910
02-14-2022, 05:09 PM
Just got the shipping notice for Guests AE!! Looking forward to this one!!

webstar1000
02-15-2022, 07:06 AM
Lettered Handmaid down to $3100. Pretty much issue price

BrewMeister
02-15-2022, 07:33 AM
I received my numbered Guests yesterday. It has a clear (Mylar?) cover on the book. Does anyone know if this was just to protect it during shipping, or if it should be left on the book? I display my books spine out, so it looks a little strange among my other numbered editions.

webstar1000
02-15-2022, 10:34 AM
Seed lettered. $1685 shipped

jeffingoff
02-15-2022, 01:06 PM
I received my numbered Guests yesterday. It has a clear (Mylar?) cover on the book. Does anyone know if this was just to protect it during shipping, or if it should be left on the book? I display my books spine out, so it looks a little strange among my other numbered editions.

I think you could toss it if you don’t like the look. But it seems there’s a risk of the print getting scuffed/rubbed if you put it in and out of the slipcase often enough. So yeah I’d say it was to insure the book arrived in pristine shape, but I’m keeping mine to preserve the boards. And I happen to like the look of the protected spine. Though I show mine slipcase side out as Patrick instructed me to.

BrewMeister
02-16-2022, 04:13 PM

I think you could toss it if you don’t like the look. But it seems there’s a risk of the print getting scuffed/rubbed if you put it in and out of the slipcase often enough. So yeah I’d say it was to insure the book arrived in pristine shape, but I’m keeping mine to preserve the boards. And I happen to like the look of the protected spine. Though I show mine slipcase side out as Patrick instructed me to.

Thanks for the reply. I decided to just leave it on; it's not as noticeable once it's shelved with my other Suntup books. And I can obviously remove it later, if I decide to display it without.

MikeDuke
02-17-2022, 07:31 PM
I should get my AE Jonny Got his gun and my numbered Guests tomorrow, plus I just got the "Have you moved" email for my Wolfen.
Nice
EDIT:
I may be wrong. It looks like now the two I am expecting may be stuck in MD.
We shall see.

zelig
02-21-2022, 10:08 AM
We are hand numbering The Wolfen today. I promise to wash our hands before handling the books.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220221/5086269d8112b0544d67396db93fb928.jpg

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-21-2022, 10:21 AM
I am applying for a proofreader's job at Suntup.

webstar1000
02-21-2022, 10:24 AM
We are hand numbering The Wolfen today. I promise to was our hands before handling the books.

Yummy!!

MikeDuke
02-21-2022, 11:50 AM
Well, I did get both of them and they are really nice. Can't wait for Wolfen.

Tommy
02-21-2022, 12:01 PM
Hi Paul, I just received this beautiful AE of Guests, it's lovely. Might I ask, all the other AEs have been shrinkwrapped (except for Horns because Hill signed) when received but this one was not. It's not that important a question but I have a curious mind sometimes and was just wondering why this one was not shrinkwrapped?

Thanks

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-21-2022, 12:11 PM
I also have a serious question.
Who does write those numbers and letters in the books?

zelig
02-21-2022, 12:14 PM
Hi Paul, I just received this beautiful AE of Guests, it's lovely. Might I ask, all the other AEs have been shrinkwrapped (except for Horns because Hill signed) when received but this one was not. It's not that important a question but I have a curious mind sometimes and was just wondering why this one was not shrinkwrapped?

Thanks

Hi Tommy. Simple answer is that someone at the bookbinder did not read our instructions. We asked for shrink wrap, and we got poly bags. If I had a penny for every time a request or instruction was ignored...

zelig
02-21-2022, 12:17 PM

Good question. I stopped doing this myself after the first few books because my handwriting wasn't very pretty. To answer your question, my niece and her daughter number & letter the books.

Dave1442397
02-21-2022, 12:40 PM
We are hand numbering The Wolfen today. I promise to wash our hands before handling the books.

I'm happy to be 3,000 miles from those donuts :) I'm looking forward to the Numbered Wolfen, though!

stroppygoblin
02-21-2022, 01:16 PM

The UK office is saddened to miss out on this… 🥲

Tommy
02-21-2022, 01:47 PM

Thanks

Hi Tommy. Simple answer is that someone at the bookbinder did not read our instructions. We asked for shrink wrap, and we got poly bags. If I had a penny for every time a request or instruction was ignored...

It's a lovely book.
Thanks, Paul

MikeDuke
02-21-2022, 04:12 PM
Wolfen numbered will soon be on it's way.

Br!an
02-21-2022, 04:21 PM
I got the shipping notice too! When it rains, it pours.

herbertwest
02-22-2022, 12:44 AM

Good question. I stopped doing this myself after the first few books because my handwriting wasn't very pretty. To answer your question, my niece and her daughter number & letter the books.

Interesting to share :)
Do they also sign the books? :idea:

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-22-2022, 05:02 AM

Interesting to share :)
Do they also sign the books? :idea:

Interesting that you ask this (and I do get the joke!), as I was thinking about possibly having an AE signed by Paul, his niece and his daughter sent to me as a 'unique' Suntup book, bearing the signatures of the publisher and the book "numberers", but on second thought I decided that would be too pushy.

MikeDuke
02-23-2022, 08:40 AM
Got the "Have you moved" email for Johnny got his gun" numbered today.
Awesome.

ajw2910
02-23-2022, 11:19 AM
Got the "Have you moved" email for Johnny got his gun" numbered today.
Awesome.

Me too! And received my AE Guests yesterday, beautiful book!!

MikeDuke
02-23-2022, 11:23 AM
That's one of the AE's I did not get, but I did get some and have at least one or two more AE's on the way.

becca69
02-23-2022, 12:35 PM

I need to move closer or maybe you need to send me donuts! Haha!

becca69
02-23-2022, 12:37 PM

As is the East Coast office! 🍩🍩🍩

T-Dogz_AK47
02-23-2022, 02:41 PM

As is the East Coast office! 🍩🍩🍩

Meanwhile, at the office in Southern England... :D

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/IMG-20220217-WA0000.jpg

jeffingoff
02-23-2022, 02:52 PM
It seems the sun never sets on the Suntup empire.

webstar1000
02-23-2022, 03:05 PM
It seems the sun never sets on the Suntup empire.

Indeed.

Joe315
02-23-2022, 03:11 PM
Well i guess i'm buying donuts this weekend.

zelig
02-23-2022, 08:52 PM
Wow you don’t mess around Tim. That’s some good looking donuts right there.

ajw2910
02-25-2022, 09:06 AM
Just got the “Have you moved?” Email for the Imajica AE. Really looking forward to this one!!

MikeDuke
02-25-2022, 12:32 PM
Just got the “Have you moved?” Email for the Imajica AE. Really looking forward to this one!!
Even though it would been a lot, that's a regret. But I am getting the numbered so.... I can wait.

ajw2910
02-25-2022, 03:46 PM
Even though it would been a lot, that's a regret. But I am getting the numbered so.... I can wait.

I’ll trade with you so you have no regrets!! 😁

MikeDuke
02-25-2022, 03:48 PM

I’ll trade with you so you have no regrets!! 😁
I will make due. But thanks for the offer.

shaq
02-27-2022, 01:41 AM
Oops wrong thread

MikeDuke
02-27-2022, 09:02 AM
Got have you moved for Jonny numbered. Wow. Wolfen and Johnny. Not too bad.

MikeDuke
02-28-2022, 12:04 PM
I received Wolfen. Very impressive. I should get Johnny this Fri and I got an email about the art portfolio. It will be shipping soon (1-2 weeks) but with no tracking.

Patrick
03-01-2022, 02:45 AM
This run of back-to-back releases has been a slice of Heaven!

jeffingoff
03-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Just got the Imajica AE. WITHOUT A DOUBT the most impressive AE to date. I won’t say any more for those still waiting but you all went above and beyond here. Yet again.

webstar1000
03-03-2022, 03:28 PM
Paul made a WONDERFUL post on Facebook. About quality control. If no one is in the fan group and wants to read it let me know:)

Br!an
03-03-2022, 04:19 PM
Paul made a WONDERFUL post on Facebook. About quality control. If no one is in the fan group and wants to read it let me know:)

Yes, please.

MikeDuke
03-03-2022, 04:24 PM
Just got the Imajica AE. WITHOUT A DOUBT the most impressive AE to date. I won’t say any more for those still waiting but you all went above and beyond here. Yet again.

Man, I wish I stepped up and got that. But at the time, I thought the combined price was too much. I have changed my tune on that. Maybe I can get one, one day.

MikeDuke
03-03-2022, 04:26 PM
That was a fantastic post It's kind of long, so let someone else copy and paste if they want too. But, I agree %100. I just don't know if it should be posted publicly. I would, but I don't want to get yelled at.
AH... Screw it. Here is the post. Bring the pain if I should have not done it.

"I was about to reply to that post about the defect on that copy of Johnny Got His Gun, but I see it was deleted. So I'm just going to post this anyway.
I'm in the process of writing a lengthy article on the topic of quality. But I'll tell you, some sensitivity in this regard would be so very much appreciated. I can guarantee you one thing, that no matter how disappointed or frustrated a customer is after receiving a book with a defect or imperfection, I am exponentially more disappointed and frustrated. Think about this. Myself and my team have spent anywhere from 1 to 2 years working on every minor detail of a book, details you wouldn't even think about; working 6-7 days a week. I literally put my blood, sweat and tears into making these books.
Now the time comes to finally take possession of the edition, and I'm excited to ship the orders. Then I sit down after a long day dealing with all kinds of problems as one might experience in any business, and I take a look at Facebook and see the blown-up, zoomed-in pictures in living color of a defect. I cannot begin to describe how disheartening that is for me. Then to add insult to injury, the posts can sometimes be insensitive, accusatory and at times outright rude and disrespectful. It's like being kicked when you are down.
I get it. I was a big book collector, and I think like a collector. I have the heart of a collector and book lover. I know how it is. You spend all this money on a book, and you expect perfection, or close to it. But in the real world, no matter how much you spend on something, it just doesn't work that way.
As others have pointed out, quality is extremely important to me. I mean, extremely important. I've rejected books, cases, etc. because of imperfections and defects. In fact, I just rejected the covering material we'd chosen for the Blackwater Numbered slipcase after seeing a prototype of the box. I'm paying triple the price now for a better material just so it can look good for everyone.
Let me tell you, no publisher is immune to quality issues, and you simply cannot eliminate them. No matter how much muscle you put behind it. It's also impossible to inspect every page of every copy of every edition of every title. Things can slip through at the binder or printer. I have been let down many times by binders, and when I have, I take my business elsewhere. We have our own quality check in-house as well, but when you are handling and shipping hundreds of books, something can get missed. It happens.
I have a responsibility to my customers. That is, you paid good money for your books. It is my responsibility to deliver those books to you in a timely manner, and to make sure you are a happy camper. I take that responsibility very seriously, and when something goes awry, I do everything in my power to fix it.
All I ever ask is to be courteous and respectful. If you have a concern over quality, of course let us know. If you must post online, that is your right to do so. But you can also simply send us an email, and it will be taken care of. I think you all know by now, I go out of my way to make it right. I take customer service very seriously, and what I can guarantee, is that I will take care of quality issues to the best of my ability.
I really do appreciate our customers and fans of Suntup Editions so much. I've said it before and will say it again, you are what drives us to keep designing and building these editions.
Thank you."

Hunchback Jack
03-03-2022, 11:25 PM
Imajica AE arrived today. I love this novel, and the AE is magnificent. Just beautiful. Imajica is next on my TBR list, and I plan to read this edition, enjoying every page, feature and illustration to the fullest. I can't wait!

Well done, Paul and team. You continue to surprise and delight with each new book.

HBJ

zelig
03-03-2022, 11:38 PM

Pleased you like it! It’s actually one of my favorites. Everything came together well.

Imajica AE arrived today. I love this novel, and the AE is magnificent. Just beautiful. Imajica is next on my TBR list, and I plan to read this edition, enjoying every page, feature and illustration to the fullest. I can't wait!

Well done, Paul and team. You continue to surprise and delight with each new book.

HBJ

Thank you. Very pleased you like it.

GenericEric
03-04-2022, 11:54 AM
ISO: Anyone have a copy of the Suntup gift edition of Red Dragon they're willing to part with in the $250 range? Doesn't have to be still in shrink wrap. You can send PM here or email me at ericjohns5000@gmail.com. Thanks.

GenericEric
03-05-2022, 11:23 AM
Very impressed with the artist edition of Imajica. Very well put together for such a beast of a book. Love Jody Fallon's art as well. I'm hoping to get a remarque done eventually.

zelig
03-05-2022, 01:55 PM
Very impressed with the artist edition of Imajica. Very well put together for such a beast of a book. Love Jody Fallon's art as well. I'm hoping to get a remarque done eventually.

Pleased you like it.

OldCrow88
03-07-2022, 11:33 AM
Hi Paul, are you anticipating the April-May-June announcement schedule will drop this week along with the March title?

MikeDuke
03-07-2022, 11:44 AM
That was another great video Paul that dealt with CATCF.