PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

RichardX
03-19-2021, 03:22 PM
I wonder what Cormac McCarthy's opinion is of Bret Easton Ellis as a writer.

This raises an interesting question: do publishers consider the opinion of the author in choosing contributors such as the writer of an introduction? It would feel awkward if, for example, McCarthy thought little of BEE.

I'm guessing he couldn't care less so long as the check clears and Ellis has good things to say about the book (which he will).

MikeDuke
03-19-2021, 03:32 PM
I am really excited to be getting something of this caliber, but I am also excited to learn about the second quarter on Mon.

webstar1000
03-19-2021, 03:57 PM
I have a matching Red Dragon, SOTL, Silence ARC, all swag, as new and rights from seller to any other Harris books at cost should suntup Do them! Send me a note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cook
03-19-2021, 07:47 PM
I have a matching Red Dragon, SOTL, Silence ARC, all swag, as new and rights from seller to any other Harris books at cost should suntup Do them! Send me a note

I know someone who has an interest, does the Red Dragon ARC come w/the package?

webstar1000
03-20-2021, 02:31 AM

No it’s the only part missing.

Cook
03-20-2021, 03:47 AM

Any possible leads on one?

webstar1000
03-20-2021, 05:25 AM

Any possible leads on one?

No but they come up from time to time on the Fan group

scottb
03-20-2021, 06:48 AM
I mean I dont understand why folks are freaking over a possible King signature of an introduction. If that happened and was surprise revealed i sure it would be a bonus to every numbered rights holder. I would think that It would not follow the path of Misery. It is not a Stephen King S/N LE of one of his own books.

I guess if they dont have a number I can understand the angst.

I love King. I love McCarthy. The thought of King writing an intro to Blood Meridian is completely inappropriate and wouldn't make sense to me at all. Again - I LOVE both authors, but no one will ever put McCarthy and King in the same classification. Ever.

People that would be more in line for an introduction to this book would be Marilynne Robinson, Margaret Atwood, Alice Munroe, Salman Rushdie, or J.M. Coetzee. Even Barbara Kingsolver is appropriate.

J/w how you feel about Ellis doing the intro?

I wonder what Cormac McCarthy's opinion is of Bret Easton Ellis as a writer :rofl:

I highly doubt he's read any of Ellis's work. McCarthy said long ago he doesn't read fiction anymore. He's one of only a handful of writers who I've ever heard say that. Most read all they can because they love it.

I can't find the source but I'm sure I read he said that there's nothing being written that's worth reading. I guess when you're a literary genius (which he is) you can get away with it.

Noxus35
03-20-2021, 09:22 AM
Am i the only one now curious to see what other designs Paul had for Blood Meridian?

By the way Paul; what an amazing design, gorgeous! You weren't kidding when you said that this would be produced at a lettered level and congratulations on the sell out! 👌🏻

herbertwest
03-20-2021, 11:43 AM
I dont know whether I will be able to afford the Suntup numbered for a long time, but I want it.
I entered the lottery and cross my fingers

GypsyDRB
03-20-2021, 01:20 PM
Am i the only one now curious to see what other designs Paul had for Blood Meridian?

By the way Paul; what an amazing design, gorgeous! You weren't kidding when you said that this would be produced at a lettered level and congratulations on the sell out! 👌🏻

Agree. Not enough superlatives to describe this design.

Soup81
03-20-2021, 02:17 PM
I like the design as well although someone pointed out it does look like a block-shaped american football when open... so maybe I would've liked to see a SLIGHTLY lighter shade... sand like.

GypsyDRB
03-20-2021, 04:41 PM
I like the design as well although someone pointed out it does look like a block-shaped american football when open... so maybe I would've liked to see a SLIGHTLY lighter shade... sand like. Mmm, no...color isn’t remotely the same...but it’s a free country. Maybe freeze dried cherries? 🤷*♂️

Splync
03-20-2021, 05:10 PM
I like the design as well although someone pointed out it does look like a block-shaped american football when open... so maybe I would've liked to see a SLIGHTLY lighter shade... sand like.

Anybody want to go out back and throw the old Blood Meridian around after dinner? ;-)

jeffingoff
03-20-2021, 05:33 PM
I like the design as well although someone pointed out it does look like a block-shaped american football when open... so maybe I would've liked to see a SLIGHTLY lighter shade... sand like. Mmm, no...color isn’t remotely the same...but it’s a free country. Maybe freeze dried cherries? [emoji1745]*[emoji3603]

I think Soup is referring to the lettered. And if anyone is tossing that around, throw it my way. That looks glorious. And that top edge stain is heart-racing. Like tapping an artery.

BrewMeister
03-21-2021, 05:10 PM
Who else is excited about tomorrow's Q2 announcement? I'm at least as excited as I am for a book announcement - perhaps more as you experts are so good at deciphering Paul's clues for upcoming books. :D

Speaking of the unknown, I wonder if Paul will follow up on his idea of having a mystery book with no teaser information. Maybe tomorrow?!?

MLG
03-21-2021, 05:28 PM
Who else is excited about tomorrow's Q2 announcement? I'm at least as excited as I am for a book announcement - perhaps more as you experts are so good at deciphering Paul's clues for upcoming books. :D

Speaking of the unknown, I wonder if Paul will follow up on his idea of having a mystery book with no teaser information. Maybe tomorrow?!?

I would actually prefer if Paul was more vague in the pre announcement so there would be less of a chance of everyone knowing what was coming.

jeffingoff
03-21-2021, 06:33 PM

I would actually prefer if Paul was more vague in the pre announcement so there would be less of a chance of everyone knowing what was coming.

Yeah I like not being certain. It works even though it’s the exact opposite of how every other publisher does business.

zelig
03-21-2021, 07:04 PM
This is just an absolute amazing production, Paul, Becca, and team!I'm in heaven over this release and thrilled to know I'll have a matching set of Suntup McCarthys. The Road is the book that nailed my feet to the floor and Blood Meridian rewards that loyalty tenfold.

I do have to ask if the binding on the numbered is the same as the Coptic binding on the lettered edition of The Road. I see you've described it differently as "butterfly sewing" and not Coptic so I'm assuming there is a significant difference. To be completely honest, I'm nervous about handling this book because I'm about the most graceless, clumsy creature prowling the earth.

ANOTHER OBSERVATION (I know, I'm insufferable): I think it's really interesting that Cormac's name doesn't appear on the cover and Blood Meridian is in the reverse on the back cover.

Love this edition! I'm a lucky man to still have an invitation to this party and a ticket on this train. If nothing else, I'll always have these books.

Thanks Jeff. It's similar to the Coptic, in that you have sewn signatures which are exposed at the spine, but there are differences, primarily with the addition of those linen tapes. I've seen some comments about the strength of this binding structure and whether it's safe to handle. This binding style has been around for a very long time, and is stable. We're also adding the tyvek hinge to reinforce the endsheets at the spine.

I want to congratulate the team as well. To put this effort into a numbered book is so fantastic for those of us who can not get a lettered book.
Then we have Mon with the new quarter. I wonder if the Suntup team would attempt something like this again. I know it's a lot, but the quality
is clearly evident BRAVO.

Thanks Mike. I wouldn't want to create this level of design and binding too often for a Numbered book. It would mean we'd have too many very high priced Numbered editions for my liking. Sometimes, the book ends up dictating the direction. And for this one, that's what happened. So we went with it.

I wonder what Cormac McCarthy's opinion is of Bret Easton Ellis as a writer.

This raises an interesting question: do publishers consider the opinion of the author in choosing contributors such as the writer of an introduction? It would feel awkward if, for example, McCarthy thought little of BEE.

We are required contractually to submit potential introductory authors for approval. We cannot simply commission someone we feel is a fit, and publish the piece in the book. We have to get approval from the trade publisher and other parties involved. So he was approved and everyone was pleased with the choice. The connection for us was along the lines of what Dolan pointed out in an earlier comment.

Splync
03-21-2021, 07:18 PM

"For the month of April, we are very excited to announce that we will be publishing a book! It will have an introduction and some artwork and that's all you get."

BrewMeister
03-22-2021, 03:41 AM
"For the month of April, we are very excited to announce that we will be publishing a book! It will have an introduction and some artwork and that's all you get."

A book you say? Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more, say no more. That's good, that's good! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!

OldCrow88
03-22-2021, 04:02 AM
Ho! Ho! That's not all you get: the numbered edition will include a slipcase, and the lettered some form of traycase. Both produced in 2021. How's that for a hint?

BrewMeister
03-22-2021, 04:43 AM
Ho! Ho! That's not all you get: the numbered edition will include a slipcase, and the lettered some form of traycase. Both produced in 2021. How's that for a hint?
TMI! You might as well come out and just tell me what the book is!

Dolan
03-22-2021, 05:57 AM
That's really fascinating insight, Paul. I think you need to do an annual recap of all this insider information! haha

Then again, what we're interested probably falls under TRADE SECRETS!

MikeDuke
03-22-2021, 06:51 AM
Thanks for Paul. I am very happy to add this book to my collection but I agree that having too many numbered books at this level may be a lot to
ask for people. And I understand why The Exorcist was where it was also. But you have to balance where the "making of the books" takes you
and not having numbered books that are above your comfort zone.
Please don't any one :emot-flame: me. I am just making an observation. I am not complaining.
P.S I am sure this quarter will also be great and I am very excited for it to begin.

Lookwhoitis
03-22-2021, 07:00 AM
I mean I dont understand why folks are freaking over a possible King signature of an introduction. If that happened and was surprise revealed i sure it would be a bonus to every numbered rights holder. I would think that It would not follow the path of Misery. It is not a Stephen King S/N LE of one of his own books.

I guess if they dont have a number I can understand the angst.

I love King. I love McCarthy. The thought of King writing an intro to Blood Meridian is completely inappropriate and wouldn't make sense to me at all. Again - I LOVE both authors, but no one will ever put McCarthy and King in the same classification. Ever.

People that would be more in line for an introduction to this book would be Marilynne Robinson, Margaret Atwood, Alice Munroe, Salman Rushdie, or J.M. Coetzee. Even Barbara Kingsolver is appropriate.

J/w how you feel about Ellis doing the intro?

I wonder what Cormac McCarthy's opinion is of Bret Easton Ellis as a writer :rofl:

I highly doubt he's read any of Ellis's work. McCarthy said long ago he doesn't read fiction anymore. He's one of only a handful of writers who I've ever heard say that. Most read all they can because they love it.

I can't find the source but I'm sure I read he said that there's nothing being written that's worth reading. I guess when you're a literary genius (which he is) you can get away with it.

awesome. That is exactly the response I was looking for.

Joe315
03-22-2021, 07:27 AM
Just got the schedule. 5 books in 3 months. Wow

MikeDuke
03-22-2021, 07:28 AM
I would check your email. This quarter has over 1,000. It's a fantasy book.
Man there are a lot of books this quarter April and June both are double book months and one of
the June books will be a Roman.

ajw2910
03-22-2021, 07:30 AM
Looks like both June books get Roman treatment

Lookwhoitis
03-22-2021, 07:34 AM
Man there are a lot of books this quarter April and June both are double book months and one of

Two books a month becoming the norm is really disheartening from a financial perspective.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-22-2021, 07:43 AM
My new house after June is over:

https://i.imgur.com/j7Fbdhi.jpg

Nemoh21
03-22-2021, 07:45 AM
My who gives a damn what I think guesses for the day

Lord of the flies first April book. Pillars is the 2nd april. May is joe hill collection . 1st June would be something regarding time travel?. I don’t have a guess yet for 2nd

Raenas
03-22-2021, 07:49 AM

Two books a month becoming the norm is really disheartening from a financial perspective.

Agreed. I have been on the numbered track since HoHH, and the aim is to have a complete series of all numbered editions (will see if I will be able to budget in a Misery), however two books a month becoming the norm may jeopardize that plan, and may need to select which ones I keep. I wish it was strictly one per month, especially with titles in the price range of The Exorcist and Blood Meridian.

MikeDuke
03-22-2021, 08:04 AM
I agree. It's going to be tough. May is the only month with one book. But with the number count being upped to 350, and BM being a special circumstance, maybe they will be around the $400-$600 range. I know that's still a lot and two a month going to be more difficult, but what can you do. Hop of the train or sell what you really don't want and not have a complete set, as someone mentioned before. We just have to wait and see I guess.

Dolan
03-22-2021, 08:10 AM
I might lose my shit if Suntup is publishing Beloved.

Raenas
03-22-2021, 08:22 AM
I agree. It's going to be tough. May is the only month with one book. But with the number count being upped to 350, and BM being a special circumstance, maybe they will be around the $400-$600 range. I know that's still a lot and two a month going to be more difficult, but what can you do. Hop of the train or sell what you really don't want and not have a complete set, as someone mentioned before. We just have to wait and see I guess.

I will wait for the Q3 schedule announcement to decide whether I will break up my set, which I really really don't want to. If I see it's back to 3 a quarter (or 4 but with cheaper ones on average), I will say keep. If similarly large expense is expected as Q1 and Q2 this year, then I will have to make a tough choice.

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 08:31 AM
Pillars is the 2nd april.

The e-mail describes the second April one as "epic fantasy" - do people consider The Pillars of the Earth fantasy (assuming that's what you meant by "Pillars")? I consider it historical fiction, but perhaps the wider world sees it differently.

My personal hope for this one is The Name of the Wind.

Aside from TPOTE and TNOTW, how many thousand page epic fantasies are out there (that Suntup might take an interest in)? What else could this be? (Speculation is right up there with anticipation - let it flow!).

MLG
03-22-2021, 08:33 AM

The e-mail describes the second April one as "epic fantasy" - do people consider The Pillars of the Earth fantasy (assuming that's what you meant by "Pillars")? I consider it historical fiction, but perhaps the wider world sees it differently.

Aside from TPOTE and TNOTW, how many thousand page epic fantasies are out there (that Suntup might take an interest in)? What else could this be? (Speculation is right up there with anticipation - let it flow!).

The Name of the Wind was my first thought for the 1,000 page fantasy novel.

Nemoh21
03-22-2021, 08:38 AM
Yes you are correct. That really doesn’t for the fantasy description. I’m seeing more guesses of imijica. Which makes more sense

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 08:38 AM
I'm sure this is something that has been addressed, but since I may want to jump in on one (or more) of these, I'd like to clarify something: I think today's e-mail is saying that the Artist edition (the lowest tier) goes on sale at time of announcement of the title, so that, for example, the very moment the title is announced and I confirm it's something I want, it is on sale and it is time to act (buy).

I know that Artist editions are more plentiful and not likely to vanish instantaneously as the lettered and numbered can, but nevertheless I'd like to be prepared if this is the case (I don't watch the Facebook videos live but may have to if this is the case).

jeffingoff
03-22-2021, 08:41 AM
I'm sure this is something that has been addressed, but since I may want to jump in on one (or more) of these, I'd like to clarify something: I think today's e-mail is saying that the Artist edition (the lowest tier) goes on sale at time of announcement of the title, so that, for example, the very moment the title is announced and I confirm it's something I want, it is on sale and it is time to act (buy).

I know that Artist editions are more plentiful and not likely to vanish instantaneously as the lettered and numbered can, but nevertheless I'd like to be prepared if this is the case (I don't watch the Facebook videos live but may have to if this is the case).

Some AE’s linger. Some disappear very quickly. A Scanner Darkly, The Silence of the Lambs, and The Exorcist went very fast. So be quick just to be sure.

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 08:41 AM
I’m seeing more guesses of imijica.

Barker's Imajica might be interesting - but, having said that...I haven't gotten around to reading Imajica yet (despite having tracked down an original hardcover edition last year) - I have to get on that.

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 08:44 AM
Some AE’s linger. Some disappear very quickly. A Scanner Darkly, The Silence of the Lambs, and The Exorcist went very fast. So be quick just to be sure.

Thanks.

Joe315
03-22-2021, 08:45 AM

The last couple with artist editions have gone on sale with the announcement.

MikeDuke
03-22-2021, 09:12 AM
Imajica by itself is over 800 pages. First, this 1000+ page book will not be letterpress. Second, We don't know when Paul says a 1,000 page book he means the original is 1,000+ or his version will end up being 1,000 pages. But a fantasy book sounds interesting.
I too would like to keep every book and keep on going. I guess time will tell.

Splync
03-22-2021, 09:14 AM
I find it interesting that the author of the May title is signing all three editions, but the artist does not appear to be signing any of them. Does this mean that the author IS also the artist? Or the artist truly not signing? Or is there no artist at all? Hmm...

Splync
03-22-2021, 09:23 AM
How many novellas has Clive Barker written? Perhaps the May release is a Barker collection including The Hellbound Heart, with Barker providing his own artwork?

CyberGhostface
03-22-2021, 10:00 AM
Yeah the author being the artist made me think of Clive Barker. He's written quite a few novellas if you count his anthologies like the Books of Blood.

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 10:03 AM
How many novellas has Clive Barker written? Perhaps the May release is a Barker collection including The Hellbound Heart, with Barker providing his own artwork?

Now that would be nice.

Barker's website groups novellas together with short stories, so I don't know how many there are (I haven't read many of them and therefore don't know which is which), but aside from The Hellbound Heart, there at least is Cabal.

Splync
03-22-2021, 10:06 AM
Paul, if you were to name your top five most beloved novels of all time, which novels would they be? ;-)

zelig
03-22-2021, 10:14 AM
Paul, if you were to name your top five most beloved novels of all time, which novels would they be? ;-)

Smart. Very smart. How about I name the novels in position 4 and 5!?

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 10:17 AM

Yep...

Splync
03-22-2021, 10:22 AM

Absolutely! Clue or no clue, it'd still be interesting to hear.

Can we also get the remaining two after that June title is announced?

daniel_pyle
03-22-2021, 11:19 AM
My who gives a damn what I think guesses for the day

Lord of the flies first April book. Pillars is the 2nd april. May is joe hill collection . 1st June would be something regarding time travel?. I don’t have a guess yet for 2nd

Lord of the Flies would make me VERY happy!

JeremyM
03-22-2021, 11:30 AM
I'm hoping for the 'epic fantasy' title to be 'Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell' - but I'm not sure the description quite fits. I've no idea why FS hasn't done an edition of this already.

Dolan
03-22-2021, 11:33 AM

The last couple with artist editions have gone on sale with the announcement.

This is absolutely correct. Some even commanding really high value on the secondary market.

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 11:39 AM
I'm hoping for the 'epic fantasy' title to be 'Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell' - but I'm not sure the description quite fits. I've no idea why FS hasn't done an edition of this already.

Jesus yes! Great idea. (And yes, it seems to check all the FS boxes).

jon10g
03-22-2021, 11:52 AM

Jesus yes! Great idea. (And yes, it seems to check all the FS boxes).

Would love this!

burgerhicks80
03-22-2021, 12:25 PM
my predictions:
April #1: The Lord of the Flies
April#2: Imajica
May: Joe Hill collection
June #1: Beloved
June#2 Frankenstein

BrewMeister
03-22-2021, 12:44 PM
Just got the schedule. 5 books in 3 months. Wow

I'm curious how Paul sets the release schedule. I'm assuming he'll have a new release each month, as long as there are 12+ books being released that year, but what drives the schedule on the additional books?

I can't remember if he said how many books will be released in 2021. With the first half of the year announced, we're on pace for 18 this year!

But again, I wonder if he spreads out the additional books evenly, or if they are announced when they are fairly complete. He's mentioned more than once that a number of books have been in the works for a year or more before they are announced. So we could see 18 books this year, 15, somewhere in between?

Ben Mears
03-22-2021, 12:46 PM
...1st June would be something regarding time travel?.

If so, I hope it is Replay by Ken Grimwood. I would definitely be on board for that.

Noxus35
03-22-2021, 01:05 PM
It could be me but might we see The Island of Doctor Moreau as the first title in April. 😉

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 01:15 PM
It could be me but might we see The Island of Doctor Moreau as the first title in April. 😉

If it were that, I'd have expected the hints to allude to Suntup's having previously published Wells, but then, that doesn't rule it out, and it would certainly be cool if Suntup eventually tackled more of Wells' output.

JeremyM
03-22-2021, 01:26 PM

If so, I hope it is Replay by Ken Grimwood. I would definitely be on board for that.

I think this is a really good guess, another thought would be 'Slaughterhouse-Five'

jeffingoff
03-22-2021, 01:34 PM

I think this is a really good guess, another thought would be 'Slaughterhouse-Five'

I think that’s spot on. We’re getting Imajica, Slaughterhouse-Five, Replay, and a couple others and not in that order.

I’m busy studying armored car routes and trying to see if I have an dirt on any armored car guards.

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 01:50 PM
No hints for the second June book - hope for Shadowland lives!

Oh, wait...there is a Roman numeral edition, which likely means the novel needs more than two fans...

MikeDuke
03-22-2021, 02:23 PM
I would love a a Vonnegut or two in the collection. That's one that I asked for in one of the surveys.
And as I read the news letter, there were really no clues of any consequence of the first April book.
But I am excited non the less.

Splync
03-22-2021, 03:56 PM
I'm thinking that Beloved is the first June title.

I know that the second June title is going to be a complete mystery, but I'm more intrigued by the artists of that edition. Are the Roman Numeral and Lettered editions going to have dust jackets? Or perhaps a frontispiece? Those editions are being signed by the artistS, plural. But the Numbered and AE are only being signed by the interior artist, singular.

So does that mean that there is an additional art piece exclusive to the Roman Numeral and Lettered editions? Perhaps an exclusive inlaid piece? Or is the other artist just not signing the other versions?

I suspect the former. But if it's the latter, then who could it be?! An artist so desired or reclusive that they won't sign more than 36 copies?

webstar1000
03-22-2021, 03:58 PM

I know that the second June title is going to be a complete mystery, but I'm more intrigued by the artists of that edition. Are the Roman Numeral and Lettered editions going to have dust jackets? Or perhaps a frontispiece? Those editions are being signed by the artistS, plural. But the Numbered and AE are only being signed by the interior artist, singular.

So does that mean that there is an additional art piece exclusive to the Roman Numeral and Lettered editions? Perhaps an exclusive inlaid piece? Or is the other artist just not signing the other versions?

I suspect the former. But if it's the latter, then who could it be?! An artist so desired or reclusive that they won't sign more than 36 copies?

Where did you get 36 copies at?

Splync
03-22-2021, 04:00 PM

10 Roman Numeral and 26 Lettered. Plus whatever PC copies of the two there are, I suppose.

webstar1000
03-22-2021, 04:12 PM

10 Roman Numeral and 26 Lettered. Plus whatever PC copies of the two there are, I suppose.

Did I miss something? Where did it say the author wasn’t signing the numbered?

EDIT: I just went back and read it again, that is odd eh...

Splync
03-22-2021, 04:20 PM
Artist, not author.

Well, technically the author isn't signing any of the editions.

The Roman Numeral and Lettered editions are signed by the author of the introduction and the artistS, meaning more than one artist.

The Numbered edition is signed by the author of the introduction and the artist of the interior illustrations.

The AE is only signed by the artist of the interior illustrations.

That indicates that there is at least one more artist that is only signing the Roman Numeral and Lettered editions.

Ben Mears
03-22-2021, 04:52 PM

"...is a story you will want to read again and again." I think this description by Paul of the first June book hints at Replay.

Splync
03-22-2021, 05:53 PM

"...is a story you will want to read again and again." I think this description by Paul of the first June book hints at Replay.

I don't think so. I could have sworn Paul said somewhere (perhaps in this thread) that he'd have to give Replay a read based on all of the requests. He may have finally read it, but I can't imagine a recent read as having been a novel that's been trying to get approved for years.

I'm still thinking Beloved. ;-)

St. Troy
03-22-2021, 06:07 PM
I would love a a Vonnegut or two in the collection. That's one that I asked for in one of the surveys.

Vonnegut definitely seems like the type of distinctive writer whose work would attract Paul's attention; I bet it happens eventually.

Splync
03-22-2021, 06:28 PM
Actually, could the first June title be Still Life with Woodpecker by Tim Robbins? Paul is a fan of that novel and it does cross genres. And the whole thing reads like prose, which is right up Paul's alley.

So if the "beloved" phrasing in his hint wasn't intentional, then I'll go with Still Life With Woodpecker!

RC65
03-22-2021, 07:35 PM
I’ve never read BELOVED but have always intended to, so to be able to finally read it in a deluxe edition of Suntup quality would be an exciting thing indeed.

Dolan
03-22-2021, 08:09 PM
I’ve never read BELOVED but have always intended to, so to be able to finally read it in a deluxe edition of Suntup quality would be an exciting thing indeed.

I say this to everyone - if you're an audiobook fan, listen to Toni Morrison read the audiobook of Beloved. It's unexplainable. It also happens to be one of those books that you have to pay very close attention to. So don't listen and do laundry. haha

Ben Mears
03-23-2021, 03:49 AM
I don't think so. I could have sworn Paul said somewhere (perhaps in this thread) that he'd have to give Replay a read based on all of the requests. He may have finally read it, but I can't imagine a recent read as having been a novel that's been trying to get approved for years.
I'm still thinking Beloved. ;-)

I'm sticking with Replay. Let's meet back here on June 3rd and compare notes! Either one would be good.

shaq
03-23-2021, 04:51 AM
I second that too. My request from day one of the non king track.

Well, maybe not day one, day two or three.

I would squeal with delight if that is the case

MikeDuke
03-23-2021, 05:18 AM
Tim Robbins. That was the other author I could not think of. I have never read his books but someone I know said they were really good.
Could be some interesting choices there.

Splync
03-23-2021, 07:02 AM
Tim Robbins. That was the other author I could not think of. I have never read his books but someone I know said they were really good.
Could be some interesting choices there.

I've never read him, but I hear good things. And I believe that Paul would highly recommend Still Life With Woodpecker! ;-)

MikeDuke
03-23-2021, 07:12 AM
Also, I think Another Road Side Attraction is supposed to be very good. It's supposed to be one of his best.

RichardX
03-23-2021, 12:26 PM
That's an incredibly aggressive publication schedule given the quality of the product and price. I don't know how Paul does it. One downside, though, is that it basically seems to turn anyone who wants to retain their number into a Suntup reseller. Almost impossible for any collector to buy and retain them all. In terms of future requests, Paul has already done The Wolfen which was one of my top three. I'm sticking with the sci fi classic "The Man Who Fell to Earth" and Murakami's "1Q84".

MikeDuke
03-23-2021, 12:53 PM
I am going to do my best. I mean I am not a re-seller on my own so I would have to go through someone else. But I do agree, it's a very aggressive schedule. I guess we shall have to see what the price ranges are.

BrewMeister
03-23-2021, 01:15 PM
Seeing various member's collections made me feel guilty about leaving my Suntup swag in their boxes, so I added my penguin and planchette to the Suntup shelf. It took me a while to figure out how to display the planchette. I finally decided on a small shadow box with a printed background. It's impossible to tell from the photo, but I attached the planchette to a couple of 1/4" deep rubber feet, so it "floats" over the background. I used a couple of small pieces of painters tape to attach the planchette to the rubber feet - I figured that should not harm it in any way.

And to chime in on some previous posts:

I separate my numbered and AGE editions.
Misery and Horns are displayed with my Stephen King and Joe Hill collections.
I display my books spine out. We've been in the house 20+ years and never had a fading issue with anything, including my other books. Besides, this is the way I prefer to look at them.
They are arranged alphabetically, by author, then title. That works fine for now, I may have to rethink that if a series gets out of order. Bibliomysteries leads them off as it's a collection and doesn't really fit anywhere else.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Suntup.jpg (http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=29348&title=suntup&cat=500)

GenericEric
03-23-2021, 02:37 PM
Looking at all the status updates, there's going to be a TON of books that ship pretty close together or shipped at the same time!

I don't mind being overloaded with Suntup books all at once. Triple decker Suntup boxes maybe?

BrewMeister
03-23-2021, 02:45 PM
Looking at all the status updates, there's going to be a TON of books that ship pretty close together or shipped at the same time!

I don't mind being overloaded with Suntup books all at once. Triple decker Suntup boxes maybe?

I was hoping for a quad box. Starship Troopers & Stranger In A Strange Land - Numbered and AGEs.

JeremyM
03-24-2021, 08:26 AM

Clive Barker's twitter indicates he has a new novella coming out called 'Mercy and the Jackal' - fits nicely with the rest of the hints here.

HorrorfanTom
03-24-2021, 08:46 AM

Clive Barker's twitter indicates he has a new novella coming out called 'Mercy and the Jackal' - fits nicely with the rest of the hints here.

As giddy as I was/am with the Harris titles, I may actually shed a tear if Barker gets the Suntup treatment. Although if Barker also does the artwork we will not be getting remarques. Just sayin...

St. Troy
03-24-2021, 08:52 AM

Mercy and the Jackal is set to be part of Barker's upcoming Fear Eternal collection (this doesn't contradict your suggestion; I'm just tossing in an FYI for those interested).

(More about Fear Eternal at http://www.clivebarker.info/bookswip.html#feareternal)

JeremyM
03-24-2021, 09:49 AM

Mercy and the Jackal is set to be part of Barker's upcoming Fear Eternal collection (this doesn't contradict your suggestion; I'm just tossing in an FYI for those interested).

(More about Fear Eternal at http://www.clivebarker.info/bookswip.html#feareternal)

Wasn't entirely sure, given the wording, that the novella was going to be part of the 'Fear Eternal' collection, but you're probably correct. That wouldn't align with the hint that 'includes three previously published stories and one that is brand new, exclusively written for this edition'. Hmm.

CyberGhostface
03-24-2021, 10:00 AM
One downside, though, is that it basically seems to turn anyone who wants to retain their number into a Suntup reseller. Almost impossible for any collector to buy and retain them all.

This is something I am worried about to be honest. I'm sticking on the train because I'm hoping to see stuff like 'Hannibal' or another Lindqvist book but I'm a bit concerned with dealing with the books that I don't plan on keeping.

sullichin
03-24-2021, 11:42 AM
I'm jealous of everyone who has rights, but I couldn't keep up. I would've convinced myself to keep more than I should, plus it's just incredibly expensive and I really hate the hassle of selling things (and again it would be like pulling teeth to sell one). But really sucks that I feel like I'll never have a chance at a numbered again

MikeDuke
03-24-2021, 12:12 PM
Yea, it's getting tough. I am staying on as long as I possibly can. I am all the way up until BM. Hopefully April won't destroy me. I guess the only chance is the lottery now and I understand
that the odds aren't great. I have HoHH up until BM so not too bad. It all depends on this quarter. Sorry for those who had to hop off. The only other chance is to pay the premium of
eBay to get back on board if someone is selling the latest book with rights. Or just try and cherry pick ones of eBay that you really want.

Dolan
03-24-2021, 12:36 PM
One downside, though, is that it basically seems to turn anyone who wants to retain their number into a Suntup reseller. Almost impossible for any collector to buy and retain them all.

This is something I am worried about to be honest. I'm sticking on the train because I'm hoping to see stuff like 'Hannibal' or another Lindqvist book but I'm a bit concerned with dealing with the books that I don't plan on keeping.

I think I may be nearing the point where rather than keeping rights, selling books I don't want and keeping the ones I do, I'd let the rights go and just buy the books I want on the secondary market. Happy to pay the premium to not deal with the extra work.

namelessnpoor
03-24-2021, 01:09 PM
I don't have rights anymore. But I have been reading everyone's concerns on keeping up with the purchases to keep your number or letter. I have nothing against making money off books but if someone really wants to keep their rights, selling the books they aren't interested in at just over cost would make it easier and help other people who actually want that book. Seems to be plenty of people who want the books but can't pay $2000 for a book that just sold for $875.
Might be able to come to arrangement with someone who is willing to buy any books you don't want for a set amount over cost. Both of you win. Just an observation

MikeDuke
03-24-2021, 02:21 PM
I guess we just have to see if 4 a month will be the standard now and what prices the books settle at. I mean they all can't be $800+ books. Some will have to be in the $400-$500 range. I was just hoping to have a complete set of something minus Misery of course. We shall see and just have to wait for the books and prices to come out.

CyberGhostface
03-24-2021, 02:40 PM
Seems to be plenty of people who want the books but can't pay $2000 for a book that just sold for $875.
Might be able to come to arrangement with someone who is willing to buy any books you don't want for a set amount over cost. Both of you win. Just an observation

I’m up for that.

webstar1000
03-24-2021, 02:52 PM
I’m excited to see the April books. Can’t wait! No one seems to really be guessing them either.. not definitively anyways !

shaq
03-25-2021, 06:41 AM
Replay may be one of them.

I am more excited by that book than blood meridian and thomas harris put together.

Time travel, but not really science fiction, more philosophical than anything. Not quite in any genre.

One you want to read time and time again.

Also, ive nagged Paul about it for about 18months, so taking his clue as confirmation.

jeffingoff
03-25-2021, 06:54 AM

I am more excited by that book than blood meridian and thomas harris put together.

Time travel, but not really science fiction, more philosophical than anything. Not quite in any genre.

Also, ive nagged Paul about it for about 18months, so taking his clue as confirmation.

But has Paul said it was in his top three books after reading it?

MLG
03-25-2021, 07:47 AM

If nagging helps I should start nagging Paul about By Reason of Insanity by Shane Stevens. It appears that I loaned out my reading copy and the book is out of print. I NEED a new copy!

Ari_Racing
03-25-2021, 07:50 AM
Ha! You nagger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhDmND519v0

MLG
03-25-2021, 07:58 AM
Ha! You nagger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhDmND519v0

small price to pay if it works!

Ari_Racing
03-25-2021, 07:59 AM
It's a joke. It reminded me of Scrubs :)

MLG
03-25-2021, 08:07 AM
It's a joke. It reminded me of Scrubs :)

Understood.

shaq
03-25-2021, 10:52 AM

I’m not sure, I am only on tab 200 of this thread, but it’s in here, I am sure.

I definitely seen a comment saying worthy of a limited. It has been acknowledged.

Noxus35
03-25-2021, 11:41 AM

I definitely seen a comment saying worthy of a limited. It has been acknowledged.I went on "full detective mode" for you. [emoji51]

Very interesting. I do like time travel stories. I will be taking a closer look at this one. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Ken Grimwood all day everyday Paul.

All i need to know is when its released and i am happy chappy.

Yes! I loved Replay!

One of my all-time favorite novels. As spectacular and special a limited of SOMEWHERE IN TIME would be, a limited of Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY would be a singularly phenomenal event for me. I’ve always been puzzled why a limited (other than the recent Easton Press HC) has never been done...perhaps it’s a rights issue with his estate. If so, what a shame.
REPLAY would be a great choice!

I agree.

Here you go..

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

shaq
03-25-2021, 12:01 PM

I definitely seen a comment saying worthy of a limited. It has been acknowledged.I went on "full detective mode" for you. [emoji51]

Very interesting. I do like time travel stories. I will be taking a closer look at this one. Thanks for the suggestions!!

Ken Grimwood all day everyday Paul.

All i need to know is when its released and i am happy chappy.

Yes! I loved Replay!

One of my all-time favorite novels. As spectacular and special a limited of SOMEWHERE IN TIME would be, a limited of Ken Grimwood’s REPLAY would be a singularly phenomenal event for me. I’ve always been puzzled why a limited (other than the recent Easton Press HC) has never been done...perhaps it’s a rights issue with his estate. If so, what a shame.
REPLAY would be a great choice!

I agree.

Here you go..

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

There we are. Compelling evidence! There is hope.

zelig
03-25-2021, 02:32 PM
I believe that comment of mine was about Somewhere in Time.

OldCrow88
03-25-2021, 03:59 PM
Was that crashing sound a wave of ice cold water?

Patrick
03-25-2021, 10:49 PM
Lots of good comments, quips, and food for thought the past few pages, but what hasn’t been said in a while is that I’m still holding out for ISLAND OF DOCTOR MOREAU.

Hear, hear! Are you even considering thinking about giving it some thought, Paul?

Okay jeez, I'll do it! Are you happy now!?
YES! Very happy now! Thank you, Paul! This is going to be the best and only H.G. Wells set anyone (me) will ever want or need!

A few extra exclamation points I’ve been saving up: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, good to hear. So yes, we will do this book. It's a ways off, but will start the process. A funny coincidence happened today. I was about to hire an artist for an upcoming book, and before we got the contract started, he emails to say that he feels he might be better suited for a book like The Island of Doctor Moreau! Whether that ends up happening or not, I thought it was surely a sign.
It’s been 13 months since Paul’s commitment. Is April finally time for the official announcement? If so, will it include the self-selected artist? Two more weeks to find out.

Patrick
03-25-2021, 11:52 PM
Good to know RC Matheson approves of these editions of his father's novel. Got this nice email from him:

"I've received your SUNTUP editions and they are fantastic. Bravo! Am displaying them in a place of honor."

Any requests if we did another Matheson book?

SOMEWHERE IN TIME would be my suggestion. As far as I know, the only limited was the Dream/Press edition that was in combination with WHAT DREAMS MAY COME. A seminal (and very popular...there used to be (still is?) a convention based solely around the book) novel of time-travel romance, it deserves its own standalone deluxe edition.

I would love a limited of Bid Time Return (Somewhere In Time). The hotel the story is set in holds an annual Somewhere In Time Weekend. Currently scheduled for October but that could change. https://www.mackinacisland.org/specials/somewhere-in-time-weekend-2/
You mean the movie that caused 14-year old me to fall in love with Jane Seymour was based on a book by Richard Matheson? How did I never know this?

Also had no idea that one of my all time favourite Robin Williams films was based on a book by Richard Matheson. Echoing Patrick... "How did I never know this??"

You'll be telling me next that that the nasty horror writer Stephen King wrote that uplifting Shawshank Redemption story...

And if you didn't know - Richard Matheson is "The Astonished Man" in SOMEWHERE IN TIME.

I thought the first June book would be REPLAY, or maybe even THE TIME TRAVELER’S WIFE, but now I lean toward BID TIME RETURN/SOMEWHERE IN TIME. Even the lead time of these comments works out for an announcement at this time. The potential strike against it, as raised upthread, is Paul’s statement in the official announcement that he tried for years to get rights for this. So maybe the Matheson book shows up a little later.

shaq
03-26-2021, 03:16 AM
I believe that comment of mine was about Somewhere in Time.

Ah phoooey!!!!

Not not Replay then? 😳😳😳

Have I ever mentioned that book before? Lol

Garrell
03-26-2021, 05:55 AM
As a result of the comments here, I now have Replay on my read list anyways. It sounds good.

Patrick
03-26-2021, 08:49 AM
As a result of the comments here, I now have Replay on my read list anyways. It sounds good.
It’s a great book! I’m going to read Bid Time Return as it’s the only one of the three above that I haven’t already read - either of which I’d be happy with as a Suntup release.

webstar1000
03-26-2021, 09:15 AM
ANYONE with a numbered Nuromancer they wanna sell?

amd013
03-26-2021, 11:18 AM
It’s a great book! I’m going to read Bid Time Return as it’s the only one of the three above that I haven’t already read - either of which I’d be happy with as a Suntup release.

Ok, I don't have facebook so never watch Paul's facebook presentations. Did I miss something that makes everyone think the June book is about time travel? I don't see anything in the email to suggest that.

MLG
03-26-2021, 11:36 AM

Ok, I don't have facebook so never watch Paul's facebook presentations. Did I miss something that makes everyone think the June book is about time travel? I don't see anything in the email to suggest that.

The speculation on the June announcement came from Paul's Monday email rather than the Facebook video. Also, I do not do Facebook but am able watch the videos. Just Google 'Suntup Facebook' and decline to log in or create an account. It will still let you watch the video. you can't comment so you are unable to participate in the giveaways though.

burgerhicks80
03-26-2021, 12:10 PM
Lots of good comments, quips, and food for thought the past few pages, but what hasn’t been said in a while is that I’m still holding out for ISLAND OF DOCTOR MOREAU.

Hear, hear! Are you even considering thinking about giving it some thought, Paul?

YES! Very happy now! Thank you, Paul! This is going to be the best and only H.G. Wells set anyone (me) will ever want or need!

Well, good to hear. So yes, we will do this book. It's a ways off, but will start the process. A funny coincidence happened today. I was about to hire an artist for an upcoming book, and before we got the contract started, he emails to say that he feels he might be better suited for a book like The Island of Doctor Moreau! Whether that ends up happening or not, I thought it was surely a sign.
It’s been 13 months since Paul’s commitment. Is April finally time for the official announcement? If so, will it include the self-selected artist? Two more weeks to find out.

I kind of hope that Dr. Moreau will have the same artist as the other wells books

Patrick
03-26-2021, 01:29 PM

I kind of hope that Dr. Moreau will have the same artist as the other wells books
Florian Bertmer did a great job so I’d be happy with that choice. I’d be fine with another artist as well. Mostly I just want the exterior design to fit with the other three as a unified set, regardless of when it gets announced.

zelig
03-26-2021, 01:37 PM
Mostly I just want the exterior design to fit with the other three as a unified set, regardless of when it gets announced.

Gah... Well I'm afraid you may be disappointed then Patrick! The Moreau book was never intended to be part of the three-book Wells set, so it will not have the same overall design. This one came about long after and for me it's a "stand-alone" volume in terms of design, both interior and exterior. We had more flexibility that way.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-26-2021, 02:12 PM
It's an Island unto itself.

Like Gilligan!

MLG
03-26-2021, 03:04 PM

Bid Time Return is a fantastic read. The movie Somewhere In Time is relatively true to the book but the book is much better.

MikeDuke
03-26-2021, 03:29 PM
Check earlier in the day, no email. The feeling you get when you come back from dinner with a "have you moved email from Suntup?" :flip2::nana::excited:.

St. Troy
03-26-2021, 07:26 PM
So...was Moreau confirmed as a title? I stay on top of this thread, but I’m getting woozy lately trying to keep track.

MikeDuke
03-26-2021, 08:38 PM
I think it was. But it won't be part of the other "trilogy". It's going to be it's own book with a different look than the the others. I think.

Check post #13873.

Ben Mears
03-27-2021, 03:50 AM
From Paul's Q2 book announcement:

"This gripping and heartfelt novel defies genre, and is a story you will want to read again and again. If I were asked to name my top three most beloved novels of all time, this book would be on that list."

A clue and a curveball in bold for the first June book which points to Replay.

Dolan
03-27-2021, 06:54 AM

"This gripping and heartfelt novel defies genre, and is a story you will want to read again and again. If I were asked to name my top three most beloved novels of all time, this book would be on that list."

Some will point to Beloved by Toni Morrison.

jeffingoff
03-27-2021, 06:57 AM

For sure this is Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe.

jeffingoff
03-27-2021, 07:02 AM

This is not a serious guess. But if we were talking about my press, Terryble Press, then this is exactly the way I’d describe Butcher Boy. But while there are many terrible presses there is no Terryble Press.

Ben Mears
03-27-2021, 07:18 AM

That's a curveball intended to misdirect. Can't imagine Paul making it that easy to guess the title. However one might consider doing something again and again as replaying...

re·play:

verb
repeat (something, especially an event or sequence of events).

noun
noun: replay; plural noun: replays
/ˈrēˌplā/
an occurrence which closely follows the pattern of a previous event.

daniel_pyle
03-27-2021, 07:23 AM
re·play:

verb
repeat (something, especially an event or sequence of events).

I figured it out. He's going to re-release Misery! Either that or the novelization of Groundhog Day.

Hunchback Jack
03-27-2021, 09:59 AM
I’m not sure of the title, but I think the clue that We want to read it “again and again” refers to the fact that it won’t have any book covers, but will just be high-quality paper, printed letterpress, on wire ring binders. The book literally has no beginning or end; we will be forced to read it again and again.

jeffingoff
03-27-2021, 02:43 PM
1. Island of Doctor Moreau
2. Imajica
3. Malerman novellas
4. Replay
5. Butcher Boy

Splync
03-27-2021, 02:59 PM
2. Imajica
3. Malerman novellas
4. Replay
5. Butcher Boy

2. Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
3. Books of Barker (Clive Barker novellas)
4. Still Life With Woodpecker
5. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

GenericEric
03-27-2021, 03:59 PM
2. Imajica
3. Malerman novellas
4. Replay
5. Butcher Boy

I've read a few of Barker's books but haven't got around to Imajica yet. I've heard nothing but great things though.

Garrell
03-27-2021, 05:51 PM
Malerman would be sooooo cool.

burgerhicks80
03-29-2021, 08:28 AM
the May book only mentions that all books are signed by the author including the artist edition does this imply...

1. that the author and the artist are one and the same?
2. the artist edition contains previous artwork form an artist now deceased
3. its a typo

if the answer is #1 I think that it could be a Clive barker collection as he is a great artist as well as a writer.

jeffingoff
03-29-2021, 08:53 AM
the May book only mentions that all books are signed by the author including the artist edition does this imply...

3. its a typo

if the answer is #1 I think that it could be a Clive barker collection as he is a great artist as well as a writer.

Yeah I think Barker is the best guess. I only said Imajica in April and Malerman in June because I’m selfishly wanting both authors. And a 1000 page pure fantasy novel isn’t typically my thing. So I was making these announcements work for me instead of following the best guess.

burgerhicks80
03-29-2021, 09:16 AM

3. its a typo

Yeah I think Barker is the best guess. I only said Imajica in April and Malerman in June because I’m selfishly wanting both authors. And a 1000 page pure fantasy novel isn’t typically my thing. So I was making these announcements work for me instead of following the best guess.

Yeah my guess was Imajica as well for April #2 but It was only because It was the only stand alone fantasy book I could think of at the time. Not that its stated its a standalone it could be book one of a series, but that opens up a whole new can of worms as far as what it could be.

burgerhicks80
03-29-2021, 09:33 AM

3. its a typo

it will be very cool if it were a cenobite universe collection including

The Hellhound Heart
The Scarlett Gospels
The Last Illusion
a new cenobite novella

GenericEric
03-29-2021, 10:13 AM

3. its a typo

The Hellhound Heart
The Scarlett Gospels
The Last Illusion
a new cenobite novella

:o Now you got me all excited. This is definitely a possibility!

jeffingoff
03-29-2021, 10:17 AM

3. its a typo

The Hellhound Heart
The Scarlett Gospels
The Last Illusion
a new cenobite novella

I’m down for that if you remove Scarlet Gospels. That one was awful and it might have Clives name on the cover and copyright page but it sure as hell didn’t contain his writing after those pages.

Aremag
03-30-2021, 07:59 AM

All your talk of The Butcher Boy has made me order a copy while I wait on the Suntup books headed my way.

jeffingoff
03-30-2021, 08:12 AM

All your talk of The Butcher Boy has made me order a copy while I wait on the Suntup books headed my way.

You’ll either love me or hate me for it. It’s an unconventional book. Like The Road.

jeffingoff
03-30-2021, 08:20 AM

Deleted. Duplicate post

ajw2910
03-31-2021, 11:39 AM
Just looking at my calendar for the upcoming Suntup book announcements and it occurred to me that Paul must be looking at my pay schedule.....4 out of 5 books are being announced the day before I get paid. He is shrewd....😁

GenericEric
03-31-2021, 08:20 PM
Can't wait to read a couple of Heinlein classics! I absolutely love Thomas Canty's art in Stranger in a Strange Land. I'll probably read that one first.

burgerhicks80
04-01-2021, 05:53 AM
:drool:
Got my shipping notification for the Heinlein AE's. Super stoked to add this to my Suntup shelf!

MikeDuke
04-01-2021, 06:29 AM
Mine too. Looks like I am looking at the 7th of April. Very excited to keep filling in my shelves as well.

Splync
04-01-2021, 07:40 AM
If anybody is interested, here's my very first Suntup remarque!

https://youtu.be/EuQ1j17BvrA

Joe315
04-01-2021, 08:03 AM
If anybody is interested, here's my very first Suntup remarque!

https://youtu.be/EuQ1j17BvrA

:dick: :emot-roflolmao:

Hunchback Jack
04-01-2021, 11:27 AM
I'm also planning to reread the two Heinleins when they arrive - or maybe not too long thereafter. My goal has been to read (or reread) every Suntup publication in announcement order (interspersed with other titles to taste). I'm only up to Nineteen Eighty-Four, so I have a ways to go, but I hope to be "caught up" by the end of the year (depending how many announcements there are this year).

HBJ

Splync
04-01-2021, 11:46 AM
I'm also planning to reread the two Heinleins when they arrive - or maybe not too long thereafter. My goal has been to read (or reread) every Suntup publication in announcement order (interspersed with other titles to taste). I'm only up to Nineteen Eighty-Four, so I have a ways to go, but I hope to be "caught up" by the end of the year (depending how many announcements there are this year).

HBJ

Now you're just challenging Paul to up the book count, haha!

Hunchback Jack
04-01-2021, 11:57 AM

HBJ

Now you're just challenging Paul to up the book count, haha!

No! Then I'll never catch up! And may have to give up my seat on the numbered train, as well! :panic:

I have to say, I'm *really* looking forward to rereading Neuromancer. I see it getting closer in the Suntup TBR queue, and cannot wait. I can't remember when I last read it, but it would have to be 25 years ago at least. I'm planning to read the two sequels as well, before moving onto The Auctioneer. I do love me some Gibson.

HBJ

Splync
04-01-2021, 12:20 PM
I really hope that Paul gives the other two titles the Suntup treatment. Especially Count Zero!

GenericEric
04-01-2021, 02:17 PM
A lot of AE's are going to be shipping so close together. Love it when it works out that way.

jeffingoff
04-01-2021, 03:13 PM
A lot of AE's are going to be shipping so close together. Love it when it works out that way.

Just got the Have You Moved? email for the numbered edition of 1984.

This is attempted murder by overdose.

BrewMeister
04-01-2021, 03:21 PM
The hits just keep on coming (in a good way)!

Hopefully not a cruel April Fool's joke! :panic:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Suntup_Shipping.jpg

Hunchback Jack
04-01-2021, 03:31 PM

I am really looking forward to this one. Okay, I'm looking forward to *all* of them, but the design of this one is really intriguing. I will admit that it took a while to grow on me, and now I really want to hold the book in my hands to see it first hand.

HBJ

MikeDuke
04-01-2021, 03:40 PM
Just got the have you moved email for numbered 1984. Boy did that just make my day a whole lot better.

Cook
04-03-2021, 06:08 AM
If anybody is interested in purchasing a Suntup Blood Meridian "With" or "Without Rights", please PM w/reasonable offer and it's yours. Sold
Or..
If anybody is interested in purchasing an "Unopened" Red Dragon artist edition, please PM w/reasonable offer and it's yours.Sold
Thanks

MikeDuke
04-03-2021, 06:58 AM

Yea,
But truthfully, on the inside, you would not have it any other way would you Jeff?

jeffingoff
04-03-2021, 07:10 AM

Yea,
But truthfully, on the inside, you would not have it any other way would you Jeff?

It’s my preferred death scenario.

Patrick
04-03-2021, 08:24 AM
Mostly I just want the exterior design to fit with the other three as a unified set, regardless of when it gets announced.

Gah... Well I'm afraid you may be disappointed then Patrick! The Moreau book was never intended to be part of the three-book Wells set, so it will not have the same overall design. This one came about long after and for me it's a "stand-alone" volume in terms of design, both interior and exterior. We had more flexibility that way.
Paul, the odds of you producing anything that disappoints me is zero, so no worries. Bring it on!

On a side note, I love how shipping is really ramping up! Today is going to be a day for a whole lot of bookshelf strategizing and rearranging.

CyberGhostface
04-03-2021, 02:12 PM
If anyone's interested in a numbered Wolfen at issue price please PM me.

Br!an
04-03-2021, 03:25 PM
My numbered Heinlein books arrived. Magnificent! Everything about them is excellent.

BrewMeister
04-04-2021, 10:45 AM
Received my Heinlein numbered and AGE editions yesterday (what a great day). As others have already mentioned, all four editions are beautiful. I think the cover art on the AGEs are possibly my favorite to date.

But that is not the reason for this post. Like many of you, I continue to be blown away by Paul's attention to the "small" details. I'm still amazed by the custom cut foam and care in packing every time I open a Suntup box. I'm used to scotch-taped bubble wrap and some packing peanuts - usually the very annoying Styrofoam ones that build up a static charge and want to stick to everything, especially my hands. I even buy from one publisher that I swear goes through his trash bin and uses whatever he can find to pack his boxes.

Another example is the piece of cardboard with the small cutout for the lock on The Haunting of Hill House. Just a small detail, but such a brilliant idea to protect not just this book, but the one next to it.

And now the latest example - the slightly oversized slipcases that will accommodate dust jacket protectors. I believe SST and SIASL are the first editions to ship with this new feature. I've been putting Gaylord protectors on my books ever since I started collecting; and these are the thick (2.0 mm) protectors. Never an issue with books that don't have cases, but I have at least a few editions that have an extremely tight fit in their slipcases with a protector on. These two editions have a nice snug fit with the protectors on; just right.

So thank you for everything that you do Paul. Your attention to detail definitely gets noticed!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Suntup_Dust_Jacket.jpg (http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=29375&title=suntup-book-in-jacket-protector&cat=500)

zelig
04-04-2021, 11:04 AM
Thank you for the post! I appreciate it and I’m very pleased you like the books. My plan is to to make sure all AE books fit with the Brodart cover.

Ari_Racing
04-04-2021, 11:05 AM
Paul, are there any particular detail or easter egg that haven't been found yet in one or more of Suntup books?

zelig
04-04-2021, 11:27 AM
Paul, are there any particular detail or easter egg that haven't been found yet in one or more of Suntup books?

No I don’t think so. There have been a couple things which I don’t recall seeing mentioned about some design elements of two titles. Not to say no one noticed, I just don’t recall seeing it mentioned.

For Silence, the two landscape illustrations were a take on two famous works of art. So the AE jacket and the Numbered endpapers. I haven’t seen anyone post those two paintings.

The Nightmare by Henry Fusel

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210404/65b54d0b0a3ef04c1b688115810d95dc.jpg

Death and the Maiden by George Clark Stanton

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210404/346d60861e018e1a0b2865ae6250afb7.jpg

And on The Exorcist, the endbands on the Roman edition are designed to look like a clergy collar. Of course that’s extended through to the cover of the Numbered.

Ari_Racing
04-04-2021, 03:26 PM
Thank you! :)

I love those art pieces, BTW.

Dolan
04-04-2021, 03:29 PM
When I get new Suntup books, it's like when you're a kid on Halloween and you ENHALE all the candy and forget to actually stop and taste it. So I take a deep breath opening the box and I say, okay Kenny, appreciate this. This isn't some eBay purchase. Haha.

It helps!

burgerhicks80
04-04-2021, 03:50 PM

3. its a typo

The Hellhound Heart
The Scarlett Gospels
The Last Illusion
a new cenobite novella

I’m down for that if you remove Scarlet Gospels. That one was awful and it might have Clives name on the cover and copyright page but it sure as hell didn’t contain his writing after those pages.

I also didn't realize that scarlet gospels is a full on novel so not likely to be in a 4 story collection. Truth be told I've never read any Clive Barker. If I don't know based on the clues given I just roll with the opinions of the majority. My wife is named Kirsty though, lol!

MikeDuke
04-07-2021, 06:51 AM
Pre shipping for numbered 1984. Hopefully the AE isn't far behind.

JeremyM
04-07-2021, 10:26 AM
I sent off my copy of 'Seed' for Dolce to add a remarque at the beginning of last month. I opted, apparently foolishly, for Priority Mail International Express - as FedEx/DHL were extortionate on pricing. The package appeared to vanish into a blackhole, until it popped back on the radar today. I guess if I'm not collecting any frequent flyer miles this year, at least my mail can. You'd think the postal service could at least get it to the correct continent, if not the correct address.

For your amusement:

March 1, 2021, 6:12 pm
Departed USPS Regional Facility
PHOENIX AZ DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 2, 2021, 5:22 pm
Arrived at Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 2, 2021, 5:23 pm
Processed Through Regional Facility
LOS ANGELES CA INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

March 20, 2021, 10:04 am
Departed
CHICAGO, UNITED STATES

March 31, 2021, 8:42 am
Departed
ADDIS ABA, ETHIOPIA

March 31, 2021, 2:42 pm
Departed
JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA

April 6, 2021, 9:08 am
Processed Through Facility
SOUTH AFRICA

Held in Customs
JIMC C AIR, PRIORITY MAIL PARCELS, SOUTH AFRICA

Customs Clearance
SOUTH AFRICA
Your item is being processed by customs in SOUTH AFRICA at 9:08 am on April 6, 2021.

Dolan
04-07-2021, 10:47 AM
I sent off my copy of 'Seed' for Dolce to add a remarque at the beginning of last month. I opted, apparently foolishly, for Priority Mail International Express - as FedEx/DHL were extortionate on pricing. The package appeared to vanish into a blackhole, until it popped back on the radar today. I guess if I'm not collecting any frequent flyer miles this year, at least my mail can. You'd think the postal service could at least get it to the correct continent, if not the correct address.

I think I'm the second fool, then. I sent mine over as well and when I went to UPS, it was $279 to ship. For that, I can go to Turkey myself! So I similarly used USPS because it was a success for me sending a book to Poland. Well.. Dolce warned me of your woes as well - so i'm rooting for you man!

However, those locations. LOL... it's like ping ponging around, huh?

Dolan
04-07-2021, 10:51 AM
Okay - wait I just tracked mine and it looks like we might be in business!

April 7, 2021, 12:47 pm
Customs Clearance
TURKEY

Your item is being processed by customs in TURKEY at 12:47 pm on April 7, 2021.
April 7, 2021, 12:42 pm
TURKEY

April 3, 2021, 9:12 am
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

JGeis
04-07-2021, 11:57 AM
Any hints given today as to what tomorrow’s book will be? Anyone very confident in their guess?

MikeDuke
04-07-2021, 12:11 PM
Just that it was not planned by Paul at all but the overall request was so great that he just felt he had to do it. I think some people are guessing The Island of Dr. Moreau because A LOT of people asked for that one. BUT this one has an AE and the first three did not. BUT I think Paul said that the Moreau book would be a different style than the first three Well's books so who knows. Just as good a guess as any.
Again not confident, just a guess.

JGeis
04-07-2021, 12:28 PM
Thanks :). I’d be happy with Moreau. I’m thrilled that all 5 of the next books will have AE’s (as those are the only ones I buy).

JeremyM
04-07-2021, 12:29 PM
Okay - wait I just tracked mine and it looks like we might be in business!

April 7, 2021, 12:47 pm
Customs Clearance
TURKEY

Your item is being processed by customs in TURKEY at 12:47 pm on April 7, 2021.
April 7, 2021, 12:42 pm
TURKEY

April 3, 2021, 9:12 am
JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Nice - I'm glad not everyone is having the same experience I am. Trying not to get too concerned though - mail delays seem pretty commonplace and, knock on wood, while I've experienced extreme delays this past year - nothing has gone truly missing yet.

Dolan
04-07-2021, 01:56 PM
I’ll say, that Blood Meridian looks unbelievable.

GenericEric
04-07-2021, 03:11 PM
So it seems like the consensus for tomorrow is Replay by Ken Grimwood?

Good choice if it is.

Randall Flagg
04-07-2021, 03:15 PM
Nope. It's the Girl Who Loved Tome Gordon in a massive 1,000 page popup book.

https://media.phillyvoice.com/media/images/Tao_Hua_Yuan_Ji_process_2.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

SystemCrashOverRide
04-07-2021, 03:50 PM
Nope. It's the Girl Who Loved Tome Gordon in a massive 1,000 page popup book.

https://media.phillyvoice.com/media/images/Tao_Hua_Yuan_Ji_process_2.2e16d0ba.fill-735x490.jpg

You jest, but it would sell.

Patrick
04-07-2021, 06:19 PM
And on The Exorcist, the endbands on the Roman edition are designed to look like a clergy collar. Of course that’s extended through to the cover of the Numbered.
I had an in-depth conversation about exactly this with another collector in Messenger back when it was announced.

GenericEric
04-07-2021, 09:32 PM

Good choice if it is.

I think I got the months mixed up. The clue for June sounds more like Replay.

I have no idea what the first April book could be.

OldCrow88
04-08-2021, 03:48 AM
I've got meetings till about noon, but I can let you know a guess then...

Dolan
04-08-2021, 05:26 AM

Good choice if it is.

I think I got the months mixed up. The clue for June sounds more like Replay.

I have no idea what the first April book could be.

Consensus seems to be Island of Dr. Moreau

PennyUnwise
04-08-2021, 06:57 AM
Anyone have an idea on the value of a Numbered copy of The Road? Have the original shipping box as well for those that are completists.

MikeDuke
04-08-2021, 07:16 AM
Anyone have an idea on the value of a Numbered copy of The Road? Have the original shipping box as well for those that are completists.
I think $2000+ .

webstar1000
04-08-2021, 07:37 AM

RIGHT before BM it was selling for for about $2000-2200 but now the last one was $1500 on Ebay and $1600 on FB. If you are selling a copy... I would take it price depending.. message me if so

MikeDuke
04-08-2021, 07:44 AM
I guess I will leave the pricing to you Kris :).

PennyUnwise
04-08-2021, 07:47 AM

RIGHT before BM it was selling for for about $2000-2200 but now the last one was $1500 on Ebay and $1600 on FB. If you are selling a copy... I would take it price depending.. message me if so

Wow. After checking ebay sales it looks like the last four went for over $2,200. I will probably go that route if eBay will garner that premium. Thanks for info!

webstar1000
04-08-2021, 07:52 AM

Wow. After checking ebay sales it looks like the last four went for over $2,200. I will probably go that route if eBay will garner that premium. Thanks for info!

strange... one went for 1500 last week.. I bought it. lol

T-Dogz_AK47
04-08-2021, 08:04 AM
The Island of Doctor Moreau is now live! :excited:

https://suntup.press/the-island-of-doctor-moreau (https://suntup.press/the-island-of-doctor-moreau)

PennyUnwise
04-08-2021, 08:05 AM

Haha that is strange as I cant see that one but seems to be a pretty good number to get it at. Nice buy!

Dolan
04-08-2021, 08:11 AM

Haha that is strange as I cant see that one but seems to be a pretty good number to get it at. Nice buy!

I'd buy it now for $1600 :)

Tommy
04-08-2021, 08:21 AM
Just FYI, I know there are 1000 Artist Gift Editions but the page with the buttons says 26.

BrewMeister
04-08-2021, 08:23 AM
The Artist Edition is almost half sold out in 20 minutes (I'm guessing many of those may go to resellers).

Question: What is the "official" designation for these editions? I thought Paul had said they would be called AGEs (Artist Gift Editions) at one point, but lately I've seen them referred to as AEs (Artist Editions).

BrewMeister
04-08-2021, 08:25 AM
Just FYI, I know there are 1000 Artist Gift Editions but the page with the buttons says 26.

I was going to mention that, and then it was fixed before I could type my post.

Kind of freaked me out when I saw it one minute after they went on sale!

PennyUnwise
04-08-2021, 08:29 AM
I'd buy it now for $1600 :)

I just couldn't break $2,200 unless I don't see action on eBay. Thanks for the offer though!

webstar1000
04-08-2021, 08:29 AM

He was asking 2750! I made an offer and it went down.... Good luck on the sale

GenericEric
04-08-2021, 09:45 AM
The completionist in me kinda wishes we had artist editions for the other 3 Wells books.

MikeDuke
04-08-2021, 09:57 AM
That's why I said $2,000+ because that's what I was seeing on eBay.

Hunchback Jack
04-08-2021, 10:21 AM
The Artist Edition is almost half sold out in 20 minutes (I'm guessing many of those may go to resellers).

Question: What is the "official" designation for these editions? I thought Paul had said they would be called AGEs (Artist Gift Editions) at one point, but lately I've seen them referred to as AEs (Artist Editions).

I clicked on the artist edition link immediately when it went live, and it displayed 802 copies available. So I’m guessing 15 to 20% of copies were reserved for distributors.

GenericEric
04-08-2021, 10:31 AM
https://www.kathmandubooks.com/product/55504/STARSHIP-TROOPERS 4 copies left

https://www.kathmandubooks.com/product/55506/LET-THE-RIGHT-ONE-IN 1 copy left

Available at list price if anyone is interested. Great online bookstore. I've bought a few books from them.

PennyUnwise
04-08-2021, 10:50 AM
That's why I said $2,000+ because that's what I was seeing on eBay.

Thanks again for the info. Your estimate made me check.

MikeDuke
04-08-2021, 11:22 AM
Plus, don't forget that Paul probably subtracts the people who got the subscriptions for the AE only and the Gold memberships, which were for all three (AE Numbered and lettered). And the silver which was the lettered only.
I don't remember how many subscriptions for there were for each maybe they automatically get their books so what we see as the public is probably minus those people as well.
Just a thought by me. I could be wrong though.

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-08-2021, 12:37 PM
Chapter One

I was reading THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE one day when I heard someone practicing on their horns in the apartment next door, and then Rosemary’s baby began crying in the apartment upstairs so I decided to take a walk down the road to clear my mind when a corner preacher accosted me, saying, “Oh, Brother, you can not get into the time machine of your memories and think “I am legend” to yourself!”, however, I walked across the street to avoid him where some bums had heated up a barrel to Fahrenheit 451 degrees to burn the lottery tickets they had found for warmth outside of the Red Dragon drug store at 1984 The Auctioneer street, whose outside speakers were blaring the Orson Welles’s classic radio program THE WAR OF THE WORLDS, when I stumbled over the invisible man, who shouted at me, “The world doesn’t end after you’ve perused a few bibiliomysteries, you know!” while I caught my balance before the Let the Right One In haberdashery establishment just before slipping on a packet of seeds whose label said they were from the Stranger in a Strange Land Packaging Company, but I was prevented from falling when a spaceship landed right in front of me and out rushed the helping hands of some starship troopers.

Br!an
04-08-2021, 01:52 PM
Chapter One

I was reading THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE one day when I heard someone practicing on their horns in the apartment next door, and then Rosemary’s baby began crying in the apartment upstairs so I decided to take a walk down the road to clear my mind when a corner preacher accosted me, saying, “Oh, Brother, you can not get into the time machine of your memories and think “I am legend” to yourself!”, however, I walked across the street to avoid him where some bums had heated up a barrel to Fahrenheit 451 degrees to burn the lottery tickets they had found for warmth outside of the Red Dragon drug store at 1984 The Auctioneer street, whose outside speakers were blaring the Orson Welles’s classic radio program THE WAR OF THE WORLDS, when I stumbled over the invisible man, who shouted at me, “The world doesn’t end after you’ve perused a few bibiliomysteries, you know!” while I caught my balance before the Let the Right One In haberdashery establishment just before slipping on a packet of seeds whose label said they were from the Stranger in a Strange Land Packaging Company, but I was prevented from falling when a spaceship landed right in front of me and out rushed the helping hands of some starship troopers.

That's quite a lot of Misery you've gone through.

MLG
04-08-2021, 04:02 PM
Chapter One

Now you just need to add to the story with each new announcement.

webstar1000
04-08-2021, 06:18 PM
Gonna be listing a Blood M lettered.... any one looking?

Lookwhoitis
04-09-2021, 04:25 AM

I wish I could afford one! I lust after that book. What is the price? (Just for curiosity's sake, I cant afford it! lol)

webstar1000
04-09-2021, 04:38 AM

I wish I could afford one! I lust after that book. What is the price? (Just for curiosity's sake, I cant afford it! lol)

$6000 shipped

Dolan
04-09-2021, 07:17 AM

It was always AGE and with 2021, Paul announced that Suntup will only be going with AE going forward.

webstar1000
04-09-2021, 07:24 AM

It was always AGE and with 2021, Paul announced that Suntup will only be going with AE going forward.
#facts

Dolan
04-09-2021, 01:59 PM
https://i.ibb.co/Npz1Np9/IMG-9675.jpg

A thing of god damn beauty man.

MikeDuke
04-09-2021, 03:25 PM
Can't wait. I should get mine next Wed.

jeffingoff
04-09-2021, 04:20 PM
Just opened my 1984. Phenomenal! Gorgeous. Great job Paul and team!!! It could be my favorite numbered edition. I am blown away.

Joe315
04-09-2021, 04:43 PM
Love the acrylic case. Great work Paul and team!

Hunchback Jack
04-09-2021, 05:47 PM
Opened mine too. Stunning. Perfect treatment for this novel.

Br!an
04-10-2021, 04:50 AM
Remaining The Island Of Doctor Moreau:

Lettered - Sold Out

Numbered - 12

Artist - 184

MikeDuke
04-10-2021, 08:08 AM
Remaining The Island Of Doctor Moreau:

Lettered - Sold Out

Numbered - 12

Artist - 184
Wow, now that is impressive.

T-Dogz_AK47
04-10-2021, 08:12 AM
Copies remaining at the end of the pre-order window for The Island of Doctor Moreau:

Lettered: Sold out

Numbered: 7

Artist: 180

playdohman
04-10-2021, 10:26 AM
I did not see it in here, but has Paul shared how he does the lottery selections?

T-Dogz_AK47
04-10-2021, 12:49 PM
I did not see it in here, but has Paul shared how he does the lottery selections?

Yeah, all the names of the participants are written down on slips of paper and stored in a black box. Then at 10am on the following Monday, Paul gathers all the participants to the square for the drawing ceremony. The names of the participants are drawn from the black box at random, and the ones which have a black spot marked by their name are declared "a winner". :evil:

stroppygoblin
04-10-2021, 03:40 PM

I's actually done by Magic*

*“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke

zelig
04-10-2021, 04:03 PM

I's actually done by Magic*

*“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke

He speaks the truth.

Patrick
04-11-2021, 07:00 AM
Paul, I am thrilled with the design of Island of Doctor Moreau. Thank you for listening to your fan base and making this book happen. It’s going to be beautiful.

In the meantime, looking forward to opening my 1984 when I get home tonight!

GenericEric
04-11-2021, 08:46 AM
I artwork for The Island of Doctor Moreau is creepy as hell. I love it!

firemonkey66
04-11-2021, 10:24 AM
I gotta say, I love the numbered 1984! The acrylic slipcase is cool as hell! And the book ain't half bad either:) I would love to see a lettered edition up close, I bet it's going to be epic with the acrylic accents.

I bought two of the numbered editions, so if anybody wants my extra #41 send me a PM. It's 800 PayPal friends & family shipped in the US, international shipping at cost.

https://i.postimg.cc/mrdyQM3q/0-D097-CF2-4478-45-DD-9380-36-EEAE541-A4-F.jpg

Patrick
04-11-2021, 10:06 PM
1984 is even more beautiful that I expected. I love it.

zelig
04-12-2021, 07:05 PM
Well thank you folks. I’m pleased you like 1984! AE and Lettered to follow. I’m very pleased with how the Numbered turned out.

herbertwest
04-13-2021, 12:15 AM
St Troy posted a question about Roman Numeral copies yesterday, and that reminded me a question I wondered this weekend.

Paul, can you please tell us more about the choice of making orn ot making a Roman Numeral edition of a book?

MikeDuke
04-13-2021, 05:38 AM
My numbered is on it's way to me today. Can't wait to see this in person. I love the design for the papers. To me, they look like an office building where
people would have no individuality at all. I love that design.

amd013
04-13-2021, 07:46 AM
Speaking of Roman numeral editions, where there roman editions of War of the Worlds and Invisible Man. I thought I remembered when the time machine was announced it was mentioned that they would have roman numeral editions that would have the same limitation as Time Machine. But I have never seen mention of a roman edition for them since then.

stroppygoblin
04-13-2021, 07:49 AM
Speaking of Roman numeral editions, where there roman editions of War of the Worlds and Invisible Man. I thought I remembered when the time machine was announced it was mentioned that they would have roman numeral editions that would have the same limitation as Time Machine. But I have never seen mention of a roman edition for them since then.

No, only The Time Machine has a Roman Numeral edition.

burgerhicks80
04-13-2021, 08:38 AM
I love the symbolism of the see through Acrylic slipcase. Even your book cannot hide from the eyes of Big Brother!

MikeDuke
04-13-2021, 10:35 AM
1984 is an amazing book. Again, I really like the papers that look like an apartment building where almost all of the squares are the same. Like living in an building
where there in no imagination or character allowed. Plus, the see through case was a nice tough. One of my favorites so far.

zelig
04-13-2021, 10:53 AM
St Troy posted a question about Roman Numeral copies yesterday, and that reminded me a question I wondered this weekend.

Paul, can you please tell us more about the choice of making orn ot making a Roman Numeral edition of a book?

I would say it comes down to a combination of the book itself and it’s relative importance in the genre, or just how I feel about the story. There are two Roman editions coming up for books that I love. So in that sense, it’s the desire to create something special for a story which impacted me on a personal level.

GenericEric
04-13-2021, 11:29 AM
I was just thinking if Suntup were to ever have another King book you'd have to announce it in a different way in the blog post in order to keep it a surprise since rights are tied to owners of Misery.

Obviously the blog post couldn't mention anything about matching pre-orders cause that would give it away. You'd have to be more creative when announcing it.

Ben Mears
04-13-2021, 12:40 PM
...or just how I feel about the story. There are two Roman editions coming up for books that I love. So in that sense, it’s the desire to create something special for a story which impacted me on a personal level.

I suspect the Roman edition of Replay is going to be spectacular!

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-13-2021, 12:58 PM
♪Ohhhhh, I wish I was a Roman Letter buyer,
That is what I always want to be-e-e
‘Cause if I was a Roman Letter buyer
Everyone would be jealous of me!♫

herbertwest
04-14-2021, 12:06 AM

I would say it comes down to a combination of the book itself and it’s relative importance in the genre, or just how I feel about the story. There are two Roman editions coming up for books that I love. So in that sense, it’s the desire to create something special for a story which impacted me on a personal level.

Thanks for the explaination

St. Troy
04-14-2021, 06:58 AM

No, only The Time Machine has a Roman Numeral edition.

It does seem odd that only one of that set would have one.

GenericEric
04-15-2021, 07:40 AM
For Sale: The Island of Doctor Moreau By H.G. Wells Suntup Numbered Edition #16/350 ***No Rights Attached*** Sold!!

This is a pre-order expected to be released later this year. I will ship as soon as I receive it. Price includes shipping within US. International shipping at cost. Payment via PayPal. Thanks!

Sold!!