PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Br!an
12-19-2020, 10:55 AM
Over on Facebook, I speculated that it’s a “dummy” paperback that sits on a trapdoor and hides the true-very nice- S/L underneath. I spent the night wondering if my paperback missed the printing process somehow. It’s apparently blank.

It is. The cover is like a vintage paperback. It even appears old. The interior pages are blank. The "dummy" book sits on a door within the traycase. The signed limited is under the trapdoor.

Br!an
12-19-2020, 11:11 AM
More Bibliomysteries pics...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/bibliomysteries1.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/bibliomysteries2.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/bibliomysteries3.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/bibliomysteries4.jpg

Noxus35
12-19-2020, 12:10 PM
Thought provoking it is for sure. 😉

"I just looked at the front of the book again and in the upper left corner it even says; "A Suntup Editions Mystery"

What if this is a new contest? 🧐"

Patrick
12-19-2020, 01:56 PM
Sorry, buddy but gotta put you on the spot here. Love ya, man, so well deserved. And that Paul dude can be ok at times too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZc9y8IsFRs

This Fucking-A Awesome! No one more deserving than you, Jeff, and it makes me happy to see Paul recognize your own contributions to the collecting community with such a wonderful surprise. Excellent all around!

jeffingoff
12-19-2020, 04:55 PM
This Fucking-A Awesome! No one more deserving than you, Jeff, and it makes me happy to see Paul recognize your own contributions to the collecting community with such a wonderful surprise. Excellent all around!

Thank you Patrick. I'm a very lucky guy.

Frondz
12-20-2020, 03:41 PM
Anyone else notice that the copyright date on Bibliomysteries is 2021? I wonder if Paul maybe thought they wouldn't be done by the end of the year, with Covid delays and such. Bookmark shows copyright date of 2020.

Randall Flagg
12-20-2020, 06:04 PM
Uh oh. Paul is going to have to recall them all. Dude, you should have kept quiet.

Brian861
12-20-2020, 07:25 PM
Apparently someone here has a problem with me sharing Jeff's videos. They left positive rep saying as much in so many words. Of course they didn't attach their name to the rep where I could have addressed them privately. Or they could have chosen to PM me regarding the matter. So, to whomever you may be, I will continue to post such videos as I see fit. The only exception will be if Jerome or another high level mod ask me to refrain.

Not fishing for rep. Just wanted to set the record straight for the keyboard warrior, troll, or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

Frondz
12-20-2020, 07:36 PM
Uh oh. Paul is going to have to recall them all. Dude, you should have kept quiet.

Ha! I thought maybe I solved a mystery or something? Like it was a clue? Either that or he just didn't want such an amazing book to be published in such a shitty year. Although, this could be considered a crowning jewel in Suntup's 2020. Damn, what a cool book.

St. Troy
12-20-2020, 07:40 PM
Apparently someone here has a problem with me sharing Jeff's videos.

Seems a strange thing about which to complain. Where’s the problem?

jeffingoff
12-20-2020, 07:55 PM
Apparently someone here has a problem with me sharing Jeff's videos. They left positive rep saying as much in so many words. Of course they didn't attach their name to the rep where I could have addressed them privately. Or they could have chosen to PM me regarding the matter. So, to whomever you may be, I will continue to post such videos as I see fit. The only exception will be if Jerome or another high level mod ask me to refrain.

Not fishing for rep. Just wanted to set the record straight for the keyboard warrior, troll, or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

I know I’m annoying and obnoxious but sorry you had to pay a price for it. I don’t know why anyone would object to you sharing my videos. You’ve been nothing but aces in my book and I certainly appreciate all you do for the collectors here and everywhere. You’re only guilty of trying to spread a little joy.

You’re a great guy and deserve real positive rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aremag
12-20-2020, 08:00 PM
I'm sending Jeff neg rep because it's been too many videos since he's said Tremblay.

jeffingoff
12-20-2020, 08:04 PM
I'm sending Jeff neg rep because it's been too many videos since he's said Tremblay.

Damnit!!! I’ll have a chat with my writing staff.

Brian861
12-20-2020, 08:38 PM

I know I’m annoying and obnoxious but sorry you had to pay a price for it. I don’t know why anyone would object to you sharing my videos. You’ve been nothing but aces in my book and I certainly appreciate all you do for the collectors here and everywhere. You’re only guilty of trying to spread a little joy.

You’re a great guy and deserve real positive rep.

If that's the price of our friendship, brother; I'll pay tenfold. F*** 'em.

Your kind words are much appreciated :)

:lol:

Noxus35
12-20-2020, 08:44 PM
Anyone else notice that the copyright date on Bibliomysteries is 2021? I wonder if Paul maybe thought they wouldn't be done by the end of the year, with Covid delays and such. Bookmark shows copyright date of 2020.

Yup, way back when it was announced i mentioned it but i thought that maybe he was going to do a new volume every year.
It'll get here soon, hopefully before christmas. Patience is a virtue.

Patrick
12-20-2020, 09:49 PM
The entire BIBLIOMYSTERIES production is amazing and far beyond expectation. Team Suntup continues to keep setting the bar higher and exceeding it.

shaq
12-21-2020, 02:02 PM
https://shop.suntup.press/products/suntup-editions-bookmarks?fbclid=IwAR33-8MWf65Q8KdYyg1u40BhYjIdPpd-Ph1kl80GnPlWMQwMYMpIwLknVUs

For those not on the Facebook site, Suntup have put up individual bookmarks for sale.

Cook
12-21-2020, 02:59 PM
Has anybody tried a UV light on the blank pages in Bibliomysteries yet?
Curious if anyone found clues.

Randall Flagg
12-21-2020, 03:02 PM
Just urine and semen stains.

JeremyM
12-21-2020, 03:06 PM

Just checked with the cheap UV flashlight we use to find scorpions - nothing apparent. I've leave it someone else to try a heat gun to see if it's invisible ink :)

lotuz
12-21-2020, 03:27 PM

But do they spell anything??

Patrick
12-21-2020, 03:41 PM
I think things are exactly as they seem. The dummy book is there to hide the trap door. It’s a wonderful, creative design element that I really enjoy. I doubt there’s a hidden message (other than an entire hidden book). Kudos to the Suntup team for this production!

Cook
12-21-2020, 04:47 PM

Well that should up the price on the secondary market even more... right?

shaq
12-21-2020, 04:53 PM
I think things are exactly as they seem. The dummy book is there to hide the trap door. It’s a wonderful, creative design element that I really enjoy. I doubt there’s a hidden message (other than an entire hidden book). Kudos to the Suntup team for this production!

I have several theories that are potentially all wrong....

It was a reference to the ghost book in one of the stories...discounted after I saw the cover

It is a blank book to be used as in a short story competition, that would be replaced with the winners mystery story

The lettered version isn’t blank.....

The arc is the same cover and size, and random winners will find them....

Please note........I have never been correct in anything, ever!

zelig
12-21-2020, 05:37 PM

I’m pleased to report that your stellar track record remains intact. :-)

People are reading too much into this. But it looks like you’re having fun with it and are enjoying the whole presentation. That’s great. We had fun coming up with the concept, especially the fake book.

amd013
12-21-2020, 05:51 PM
https://shop.suntup.press/products/suntup-editions-bookmarks?fbclid=IwAR33-8MWf65Q8KdYyg1u40BhYjIdPpd-Ph1kl80GnPlWMQwMYMpIwLknVUs

For those not on the Facebook site, Suntup have put up individual bookmarks for sale.

Thanks, the link works, but cant figure out how to get there directly from the website.

Ordering a couple extra (to use, never wanted to use the ones that came with the books).

Hunchback Jack
12-21-2020, 06:00 PM
People are reading too much into this.

Paul, given your penchant for Easter eggs and hidden messages, can you blame us? :)

Love the concept and design! Really well done.

JeremyM
12-21-2020, 06:00 PM
People are reading too much into this. But it looks like you’re having fun with it and are enjoying the whole presentation. That’s great. We had fun coming up with the concept, especially the fake book.

Drat, so the next title isn't 'Death Walks in Marble Halls' then?

Hunchback Jack
12-21-2020, 06:04 PM

Oh, wait! It just occurred to me that when you say “*reading too much* into this”, you mean that the solution to the puzzle is in the *picture* on the cover of the fake book, and nothing to do with the *words* on the cover.

Crafty.

HBJ

amd013
12-21-2020, 06:09 PM

Thanks, the link works, but cant figure out how to get there directly from the website.

Ordering a couple extra (to use, never wanted to use the ones that came with the books).

Whoa!!! 9 mins after making the order, already have tracking info. Paul is one busy mo-fo!! Thanks Paul, you da-man!

playdohman
12-21-2020, 06:18 PM
The bibliomysteries blank book could just be a journal for would be writers to write their own stories.

zelig
12-21-2020, 06:23 PM

Paul, given your penchant for Easter eggs and hidden messages, can you blame us? :)

Love the concept and design! Really well done.

Can't blame you at all!

Drat, so the next title isn't 'Death Walks in Marble Halls' then?

Ha ha. Afraid not!

Whoa!!! 9 mins after making the order, already have tracking info. Paul is one busy mo-fo!! Thanks Paul, you da-man!

Sorry it took so long!

Randall Flagg
12-21-2020, 06:32 PM
Years ago...Austin Powers movies; it was Starbucks taking over the world. Nowadays it's Amazon, Apple, or Google.
Next up is Suntup.
I project Suntup going public in 2026 with an initial share price of $1,919.19, and a market capitalization of $1.9 billion, and in 10 years a market cap of $1.9 trillion. Strong recommendation to buy upon IPO.

Paul writes a bestselling book: "How to stay small in a big world", and semi-retires ala Bill Gates to spend his time on philanthropic endeavors.

George at C-Springs
12-21-2020, 07:15 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

Were those part of the publication provided by the publisher or added later on?

shaq
12-22-2020, 01:00 AM

I’m pleased to report that your stellar track record remains intact. :-)

I even looked back over about 100 pages of this thread to see if a clear favourite emerged from what previous surveys for the feb book and gave up....

i did find a post where i suggested 350 as the new level....quite impressed i had that level of influence.....

What you mean you never read it?

jeffingoff
12-22-2020, 02:08 PM
Just unboxed Bibliomysteries. What a terrific edition! Love the concept and the extras! Way to go Team Suntup. The love of the work is evident in every edition and it’s the pursuit of something bigger that makes all the difference.

George at C-Springs
12-28-2020, 07:22 PM
Got both the kids (10 & 17) an AG of Fahrenheit 451 for Christmas; he's read it before in school, she hasn't yet but will. Both really liked the slipcase design, she especially likes the "Phoenix" drawing inside but says the "story sounds wierd". How do you explain Fahrenheit 451 to a 10-year old without it sounding wierd?

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC_0200.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/451.jpg

MikeDuke
12-28-2020, 09:03 PM
...Still waiting for Biblio and The End Of The World :frown:. I know I am not the only one though.
P.S Great pics George.

amd013
12-29-2020, 05:46 PM
...Still waiting for Biblio and The End Of The World :frown:. I know I am not the only one though.
P.S Great pics George.

Really hoping the End of the World doesn't come!

RC65
12-29-2020, 08:00 PM
Those are wonderful pics, George. :-)

GenericEric
12-29-2020, 08:45 PM
Doesn't get much better than a Suntup book for Christmas!

ZombieElvis
12-30-2020, 06:40 PM
I have a question for Paul and i thought this would be the best place to ask it.
: I am looking at the status updates and I see that both starship troopers and strangere in a strange land share the same status. other then that the numbered and lettered were sold as a set I fully expected these books to be finished at their own comfortable pace, because the status updates is one status for both books (including the AE which were sold seperately) Is it safe to assume that when these books, lettered numbered and AE, will be finished together? what i mean is, will both AE's be ready at the same time and ship together, as well as the numbereds and lettereds? Or is the status update provided for the book that will be finished last?

CyberGhostface
12-30-2020, 07:33 PM
Just looked on Abesbooks for ‘The Road’ and saw the broadside selling for close to a thousand. :scared: That would make it one of the priciest things I own and it’s still in the original mailer just lying on my cabinet.

ZombieElvis
12-30-2020, 07:55 PM
Just looked on Abesbooks for ‘The Road’ and saw the broadside selling for close to a thousand. :scared: That would make it one of the priciest things I own and it’s still in the original mailer just lying on my cabinet.

wait, did it actually SELL for $1,000.00?
or is it just priced that high. anybody can set a high price but i do not think anyone would actually pay that.

zelig
12-30-2020, 08:25 PM
I have a question for Paul and i thought this would be the best place to ask it.
: I am looking at the status updates and I see that both starship troopers and strangere in a strange land share the same status. other then that the numbered and lettered were sold as a set I fully expected these books to be finished at their own comfortable pace, because the status updates is one status for both books (including the AE which were sold seperately) Is it safe to assume that when these books, lettered numbered and AE, will be finished together? what i mean is, will both AE's be ready at the same time and ship together, as well as the numbereds and lettereds? Or is the status update provided for the book that will be finished last?

It's likely that the Numbered and AE editions of both titles will be complete at the same time. Both titles were printed together and are being bound concurrently. Therefore, I do expect to ship both AE's and both Numbered editions together. The Lettered may or may not ship at the same time. It depends on how production progresses on those. In general, the estimated publication dates that I provide are for the title as a whole. But as you may have observed, not all editions end up being complete at the same time. The Auctioneer is a good example. The Numbered has been published, and we're still waiting on the AE and the Lettered. It's not uncommon for each edition to have different timeframes. There are a lot of moving parts in every production, and I provide my best estimate based on where we're at when we announce. I hope that answers your question.

As an aside, we all know this year has been challenging for obvious reasons, and as a result, production has been moving slower than I would like, but despite that, I just recently looked at what we shipped in 2020, and we shipped 19 different editions. I really try hard to keep the ratio at a comfortable level, between what we announce and what we ship. And it's also part of the reason why we work on books for at least 12 months before announcing.

CyberGhostface
12-30-2020, 10:26 PM

or is it just priced that high. anybody can set a high price but i do not think anyone would actually pay that.

Guess it’s just priced that high, don’t know what it’s been sold for in the past at least.

ZombieElvis
12-30-2020, 10:33 PM

Guess it’s just priced that high, don’t know what it’s been sold for in the past at least.

i saw one go for $125.00 on eBay October 17, 2 others for $50 and $60 .
it is a beautiful broadside! these cool gifts mark your time collecting Suntup books in the most wonderful way.
I wont sell mine but i enjoy watching auctions of items I also have, not to buy, I just keep an eye on prices paid so I have a better idea of its value
does anyone else do this?

CyberGhostface
12-30-2020, 11:18 PM
In regards to Cormac McCarthy I was just wondering how was Joyce Carol Oates’ introduction for The Road? I read elsewhere today she’s been harsh on his work before (especially Blood Meridan so I’m guessing she won’t do the intro for that one unless it’s a roast :tongue:).

Speaking of Blood Meridan I will hopefully start it soon to prepare for the Suntup edition. I’ve heard lots of good things and the Judge sounds like a great villain.

herbertwest
12-31-2020, 03:06 AM

Absolutely agreed with that.
Rarity drives the price : if there is no copies for sale, someone can put their own at any price. That doesnt mean that it will sell. But that means that this is the only copy available publicly

zelig
12-31-2020, 10:46 AM
I have a copy of this book. First to reply get it free. With the case. Thanks.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201231/fc74157ee914163b1062172f92f925f6.jpg

webstar1000
12-31-2020, 10:46 AM

Wow!

zelig
12-31-2020, 10:53 AM
Goes to Mr. Webstar.

webstar1000
12-31-2020, 10:57 AM
Goes to Mr. Webstar.

Thank you brother!!!

burgerhicks80
12-31-2020, 11:01 AM
damn I missed it!

SystemCrashOverRide
12-31-2020, 08:20 PM
Drats.

Noxus35
01-01-2021, 04:03 AM

Wow!

Congratulations Kris! 👌🏻

Ps: Happy New Book Year to all!! 🥂🎆

MikeDuke
01-01-2021, 08:29 AM
Happy New Year everybody.

kingfan2323
01-01-2021, 11:10 AM
I know we all love the production of Bibliomysteries but there is also a cool little story in there that us book collectors can definitely relate to.
Check out Christopher Fowler's Reconciliation Day

ISO: decently priced Insomnia S/L, Joyland S/L, Doctor Sleep CD S/L

herbertwest
01-02-2021, 07:24 AM
Suntup still has some books available :

- THE WORLD DOESN'T END BY CHARLES SIMIC - LETTERED EDITION (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions/products/the-world-doesnt-end-by-charles-simic-lettered-edition) => 6 copies
- THE WORLD DOESN'T END BY CHARLES SIMIC - NUMBERED EDITION (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions/products/the-world-doesnt-end-by-charles-simic-numbered-edition) => 1 copy
- THE AUCTIONEER BY JOAN SAMSON - ARTIST GIFT EDITION (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions/products/the-auctioneer-by-joan-samson-artist-gift-edition) => 47 copies
- LET THE RIGHT ONE IN BY JOHN AJVIDE LINDQVIST - ARTIST GIFT EDITION (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions/products/let-the-right-one-in-by-john-ajvide-lindqivst-artist-gift-edition) => 96 copies

Nemoh21
01-02-2021, 08:45 AM
Anyone here ever read House of Leaves? I thought I’ve heard it mentioned on this board as a possible Suntup title before. I’ve heard that that it is very strange read to say the least and you either love it or can’t get through it because it doesn’t follow the typical concepts of a novel.

Br!an
01-02-2021, 10:15 AM
Anyone here ever read House of Leaves? I thought I’ve heard it mentioned on this board as a possible Suntup title before. I’ve heard that that it is very strange read to say the least and you either love it or can’t get through it because it doesn’t follow the typical concepts of a novel.

I read it. It's bizarre. The story is bizarre. The way the story is told is bizarre. The printing of the story in the book is bizarre. Bizarre is good btw.

Nemoh21
01-02-2021, 10:28 AM

I read it. It's bizarre. The story is bizarre. The way the story is told is bizarre. The printing of the story in the book is bizarre. Bizarre is good btw.

Lol!!! That’s the exact word I’ve heard used many times. I’ll have to give it a shot. If you like bizarre I’d recommend XX by Rian Hughes. It’s very similar in terms of it being bizarre. Like for example one part of the book an alien signal is discovered by the government, it gets leaked to the public and all these ppl start doing different things with the signal. This fictitious band makes a music album based off the signal and in the book there is a QR code that you can scan and listen to the bands music and read fictitious online reviews of the album. That’s just one example. There is a lot of pages that are just symbols and text that seem random while you are reading it. Lol. Def worth a read

JeremyM
01-02-2021, 12:12 PM

Count me with the group that couldn't get through it, though I do admire the ambition at work. There's some crossover with his sister's (Poe) second album - 'Haunted', recall seeming him on stage with her when she opened for Depeche Mode several years back. I should probably give the book another try, having gained some patience with age.

Dolan
01-02-2021, 10:03 PM
Years ago...Austin Powers movies; it was Starbucks taking over the world. Nowadays it's Amazon, Apple, or Google.
Next up is Suntup.
I project Suntup going public in 2026 with an initial share price of $1,919.19, and a market capitalization of $1.9 billion, and in 10 years a market cap of $1.9 trillion. Strong recommendation to buy upon IPO.

Paul writes a bestselling book: "How to stay small in a big world", and semi-retires ala Bill Gates to spend his time on philanthropic endeavors.

Do current rights holders get stock options?!

swintek
01-02-2021, 10:50 PM

I'm firmly in the "loved it" camp, but- I can see how others may find it gimmicky or tiresome. I love the strangeness of it. It's very Lovecraftian to me- in a good way. In ways that others don't seem to understand. The true spirit of Cosmic Horror. I've had a hard time finishing any of his other novels, but I really do believe that House Of Leaves is a modern masterpiece, and I'm fine with just that.

jon10g
01-03-2021, 05:30 AM

I'm firmly in the "loved it" camp, but- I can see how others may find it gimmicky or tiresome. I love the strangeness of it. It's very Lovecraftian to me- in a good way. In ways that others don't seem to understand. The true spirit of Cosmic Horror. I've had a hard time finishing any of his other novels, but I really do believe that House Of Leaves is a modern masterpiece, and I'm fine with just that.

I too think it is a brilliant book. I suggested it as a Suntup book a while back.

swintek
01-03-2021, 12:23 PM

I too think it is a brilliant book. I suggested it as a Suntup book a while back.

I'm just not sure that it's a good Suntup candidate. The Pantheon hardcover- I have the Remastered Full Color edition- is pretty damn nice as is. I'm not sure what Paul would do with it. If he could figure out a way to make the book somehow larger than the enclosure... ;)

Br!an
01-03-2021, 12:49 PM

I'm just not sure that it's a good Suntup candidate. The Pantheon hardcover- I have the Remastered Full Color edition- is pretty damn nice as is. I'm not sure what Paul would do with it. If he could figure out a way to make the book somehow larger than the enclosure... ;)

:rofl:

jon10g
01-03-2021, 01:28 PM
If he could figure out a way to make the book somehow larger than the enclosure.

....this!!

jon10g
01-03-2021, 01:30 PM

Do you have pics of this edition? I only have the softback edition that came out in the UK.

OldCrow88
01-03-2021, 06:56 PM
Goes to Mr. Webstar.

Thank you brother!!!

Hang on, when is the moment when Kris rips off his mask to reveal himself as...Ari?

jeffingoff
01-04-2021, 08:03 PM
First Christmas. Then New Years. Now this Wednesday (Suntup Eve) and Thursday (Suntup Day).

Aremag
01-05-2021, 02:56 PM
First Christmas. Then New Years. Now this Wednesday (Suntup Eve) and Thursday (Suntup Day).

I can't wait for this Thursday's announcement of the Suntup edition of The Mailman by Bentley Little.

jeffingoff
01-05-2021, 03:04 PM
If that is the course the Universe takes, atoms will split. 2020 will seem a sweet lullaby.

CyberGhostface
01-05-2021, 03:17 PM
Part of me regrets not getting 'The Road' but part of me wonders if it's just my OCD wanting to have it because of (presumably) 'Blood Meridan' coming up.

zelig
01-05-2021, 05:11 PM

I can't wait for this Thursday's announcement of the Suntup edition of The Mailman by Bentley Little.

If that is the course the Universe takes, atoms will split. 2020 will seem a sweet lullaby.

I was really hoping this would be kept a secret. Oh well, now everyone knows what book it will be. **sigh**

Aremag
01-05-2021, 05:15 PM

I was really hoping this would be kept a secret. Oh well, now everyone knows what book it will be. **sigh**

Sorry Paul....at least I didn't mention that Paul Tremblay was doing the forward and signing. I didn't want Jeff's head to explode.

jeffingoff
01-05-2021, 05:58 PM

A Bentley Little book cannot exist on a shelf with a Suntup edition. It'll tear a hole straight through the Whole and then we will have the None. It's proven quantum science. I felt a ripple in existence just having this discussed.

jeffingoff
01-05-2021, 05:59 PM

Sorry Paul....at least I didn't mention that Paul Tremblay was doing the forward and signing. I didn't want Jeff's head to explode.

With Cormac McCarthy signing as well.

Noxus35
01-06-2021, 09:49 AM
So, if Interview with the Vampire is not one of the two books in February..

How about The Sentinel by Jeffrey Konvitz? Fits the bill, kind of; debut novel, author's still alive.

Any more guesses?

HorrorfanTom
01-06-2021, 09:51 AM
I am still holding out hope for Suntup Edition of Dr. Seuss. Maybe I am alone in my thinking...

daniel_pyle
01-06-2021, 10:01 AM
Any more guesses?

I'll put my money down on The Wolfen.

burgerhicks80
01-06-2021, 10:07 AM
could be The Rats by James Herbert or Suffer the Children by John Saul

GenericEric
01-06-2021, 10:07 AM
Since we pretty much know tomorrow will be Silence of the Lambs, everyone better be ready to get their artist edition. It's likely going to sell out extremely fast.

Noxus35
01-06-2021, 10:08 AM
Any more guesses?

Never heard of that one. 🤔
Have you read it?

I also found one that i've never heard of before; The Fates by Thomas Tessier. I might look that one up soon. 😉

burgerhicks80
01-06-2021, 10:09 AM
Any more guesses?

this is a good guess

daniel_pyle
01-06-2021, 10:18 AM
Have you read it?

I haven't, but it's been on my TBR list for a long time.

webstar1000
01-06-2021, 10:44 AM
could be The Rats by James Herbert or Suffer the Children by John Saul

I guess the Rats.

EDIT: can't be.. he is dead:(

ZombieElvis
01-06-2021, 11:11 AM
my guess for February
THE MANITOU by Graham masterton
Mastertons first novel from the 70's
was made into a movie
first of a series
Graham is still alive and has published over 100 books.
to my knowledge no limited edition has been done

JeremyM
01-06-2021, 11:13 AM
Any more guesses?

Good guess. I've seen 'The Manitou' guessed as well, but I think 'The Wolfen' fits better with the 'breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel' description.

Another possibility could be 'The Omen', but as Seltzer didn't write any other novels, to my knowledge, I don't think it's a good guess.

CyberGhostface
01-06-2021, 11:33 AM
Grateful I got Seed now, if I had missed out on Silence I’d be genuinely bummed.

GenericEric
01-06-2021, 11:55 AM
I'm actually glad it's not Interview with the Vampire and it's something maybe we weren't all expecting. Excited to see what Paul has up his sleeve.

Br!an
01-06-2021, 12:23 PM
I'm actually glad it's not Interview with the Vampire.

I hope Paul never does any Anne Rice. Reeeaally not a fan.

MLG
01-06-2021, 02:14 PM
I'm actually glad it's not Interview with the Vampire.

I hope Paul never does any Anne Rice. Reeeaally not a fan.

I completely agree!

kingfan2323
01-06-2021, 06:06 PM
More than a little excited for tomorrow!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210107/50692bf04dfa75416b58ec7ce54943db.jpg

ISO Suntup Red Dragon ARC

swintek
01-06-2021, 06:54 PM
More than a little excited for tomorrow!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210107/50692bf04dfa75416b58ec7ce54943db.jpg

ISO Suntup Red Dragon ARC

Wow! Great Harris collection! I've been sort of dreading tomorrow's announcement, honestly: unless you bought SEED- you've got no chance of buying this at issue price, right? I stick by my belief that those who bought RED DRAGON- which was available most of the day, if I remember correctly- should have the first rights at the sequel. But- of course I would think that, and I also understand that would create a rights can-o-worms.

CyberGhostface
01-06-2021, 07:13 PM
You might have a chance to enter the lottery if there any remaining copies left.

GenericEric
01-06-2021, 08:16 PM
I'm probably going to end up selling my SubPress numbered of The Silence of the Lambs to help pay for the Suntup numbered.

It'll be nice to have a signed numbered of The Silence of the Lambs. I wonder why Harris only agreed to sign the SubPress lettered edition and not the numbered too since it was limited to 200.

Dave1442397
01-07-2021, 04:24 AM
Any more guesses?

Have you read it?

I also found one that i've never heard of before; The Fates by Thomas Tessier. I might look that one up soon. 😉

The Wolfen is a great werewolf novel, written by Whitley Strieber, and turned into a pretty decent movie for its time (1981).

He also wrote The Hunger. That's always been one of my favorite vampire movies, despite its failings. I've probably watched it once a year for decades now. It had one of the best intro songs ever for a vampire movie - Bela Lugosi's Dead, by Bauhaus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRJfIPiJGY

Both books were written before Strieber went off the rails a bit with his alien encounter books. There are a couple of follow-up books to The Hunger, which are The Last Vampire, and Lilith's Dream. I must read those again...I've completely forgotten the stories at this point.

Garrell
01-07-2021, 08:58 AM
No Suntup email yet...stressing

Br!an
01-07-2021, 09:02 AM
At first there was silence, now there is Silence.

Tommy
01-07-2021, 09:12 AM
Sadness on my part, congrats to everyone that gets a Lettered and/or Numbered!

Garrell
01-07-2021, 09:15 AM
No Suntup email yet...stressing

Ordered AE, will order my numbered tomorrow

burgerhicks80
01-07-2021, 09:15 AM
another great looking release by Suntup!!

firemonkey66
01-07-2021, 09:23 AM
Awesome! Now I can’t wait for Hannibal:)

Aremag
01-07-2021, 09:30 AM
Love that top edge painting on the lettered.

CyberGhostface
01-07-2021, 09:31 AM
Looks great, will be ordering it.

For those who haven't read the book... Hannibal does wear a hockey mask, that was changed for the films. I appreciate the fidelity but I would have also liked to see maskless Hannibal present. At least we have the great Red Dragon art of him.

herbertwest
01-07-2021, 09:38 AM
Ordered a gift !

The lettered looks magnifiscent, and the numbered too!

Noxus35
01-07-2021, 09:42 AM
Ordered the numbered and one AE too, i just couldn't resist the AE. Excellent work Paul! 👌🏻

Tommy
01-07-2021, 09:44 AM
Is it limit one per household?

BadHatHarry
01-07-2021, 09:48 AM
Jeez, this looks like another incredible project.

Spicy take - the movie is better than book (and the book is really damn good).

CyberGhostface
01-07-2021, 09:50 AM

Yes for the numbered and lettered.

sullichin
01-07-2021, 09:57 AM
Got the AE. Will try my luck on saturday for a numbered to match Red Dragon :(

shaq
01-07-2021, 10:00 AM
Paul, this is immense. Thank you!!!

webstar1000
01-07-2021, 10:14 AM
AE almost sold out.. insane

GenericEric
01-07-2021, 10:15 AM
The artist edition is almost gone already!

I figured it would sell fast but that's still crazy. Glad I didn't delay my purchase.

Good luck to the people that have to get one on the secondary market. I'm sure they'll double in price.

MikeDuke
01-07-2021, 10:26 AM
Got the AE and numbered. Both look fantastic. I love the art work. I guess I can believe these are moving so fast. Another home run.

Noxus35
01-07-2021, 10:29 AM
61 AE's available as of now, it sells fast. Mind blown!

MikeDuke
01-07-2021, 10:33 AM
61 AE's available as of now, it sells fast. Mind blown!
53 now for the AE and
129 for numbered and
14 for the lettered
Just amazing.

herbertwest
01-07-2021, 10:35 AM

I dont remember reading about it.

I would love a numbered. But I probably won't be able to, so I went back and ordered a second gift ed :P

Tommy
01-07-2021, 10:35 AM
I really hope I get a shot at the Numbered. Such a crap time, I need a pick-me-up!

Dr. Dawg
01-07-2021, 10:37 AM
I ordered the numbered- a no-brainer- easy decision! That Japanese cloth- amazing edition by itself and looks to be an excellent complement to Red Dragon! I've stopped ordering the AEs, but each release is so tempting, especially this one...

GenericEric
01-07-2021, 10:48 AM
And it's sold out! Wow

MikeDuke
01-07-2021, 10:54 AM
That is insane. I don't order all the AE. But since I had the AE of Red Dragon, I figured I might as well get this one as well.

Noxus35
01-07-2021, 10:58 AM
That is insane. I don't order all the AE. But since I had the AE of Red Dragon, I figured I might as well get this one as well.Will you (like me and others) also receive the gift ARC ? And how about that sweet little ceramic lamb, i only noticed that after i placed my order. [emoji2960]

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

burgerhicks80
01-07-2021, 10:58 AM
damn I missed it! it sold out so quickly. hopefully will get it from one of the other retailers

ajw2910
01-07-2021, 11:04 AM
Wow, never figured the AE would sell out that quick. I was going to order one tonight but guess I will try through another outlet if possible.

BadHatHarry
01-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Wow, that's crazy. Glad I wasn't on calls or something that prevented me from ordering when I got the email.

MikeDuke
01-07-2021, 11:29 AM
That is insane. I don't order all the AE. But since I had the AE of Red Dragon, I figured I might as well get this one as well.Will you (like me and others) also receive the gift ARC ? And how about that sweet little ceramic lamb, i only noticed that after i placed my order. [emoji2960]

If you mean Advance Reader Copies then no, I am not expecting one. I have received some ARC's as gifts but I don't get them on a regular basis. Which is cool. But I only realized the lamb when I scrolled all the way down, after I placed my order. I ordered a numbered so I think I get one. It is so cool.

Noxus35
01-07-2021, 11:40 AM

I have received some ARC's as gifts but I don't get them on a regular basis. Which is cool. But I only realized the lamb when I scrolled all the way down, after I placed my order.
I ordered a numbered so I think I get one. It is so cool.

It is, i love that little lamb. Did you not qualify for the "christmas" gift ARC that Paul announced for his loyal customers last month?

webstar1000
01-07-2021, 11:47 AM

I have received some ARC's as gifts but I don't get them on a regular basis. Which is cool. But I only realized the lamb when I scrolled all the way down, after I placed my order.

It is, i love that little lamb. Did you not qualify for the "christmas" gift ARC that Paul announced for his loyal customers last month?

MIke will 100% be getting one yes.

Noxus35
01-07-2021, 11:49 AM

MIke will 100% be getting one yes.

Ah, phew! That's reassuring, thanks Kris! 👍🏻

MikeDuke
01-07-2021, 11:49 AM
Oh that. Yea, you mean the ordering of 5 books? Yes, I did do that so I guess I do qualify. I think :confused1:. My L.D get's in the way sometimes.
P.S Thanks for the clarification Kris. I keep on telling people, for some things, I am a bit slow on the uptake.

Br!an
01-07-2021, 11:52 AM
Sold out? A guy can't even take a nap around here. :nope:

MikeDuke
01-07-2021, 11:56 AM
107 numbered left.
11 lettered.
The last few titles have been just flying out of print. SST and SiASL also sold out very fast. It's a good thing that this numbered was upped to 350 ed for SOtL

Hunchback Jack
01-07-2021, 12:31 PM
I ordered an artist edition and a numbered.

I really love the similarities in design between the numbered editions of Red Dragon and The Silence of the Lambs. Similar elements, but still distinctly different. Love it.

CyberGhostface
01-07-2021, 12:59 PM
I like the nod to the television series on the reversible cover with the demon looking like the show’s wendigo (basically a hallucinatory manifestation of Hannibal).

GenericEric
01-07-2021, 02:44 PM
I like the nod to the television series on the reversible cover with the demon looking like the show’s wendigo (basically a hallucinatory manifestation of Hannibal).

I still have hope the TV series will make a comeback at some point. There's been indications that everyone involved would be willing to come back and continue the series.

Hopefully it comes to fruition.

herbertwest
01-07-2021, 03:00 PM
Dumb question, but up until when do the previous owners have to buy a numbered / lettered?

MLG
01-07-2021, 03:04 PM
Dumb question, but up until when do the previous owners have to buy a numbered / lettered?

Here is the information on the pre-order email:
"You will have until SATURDAY, JANUARY 9TH AT 8:00 A.M. PT to place your order. If you pass, future rights to your number or letter will transfer to the new owner during the public pre-order."

JeremyM
01-07-2021, 03:12 PM

I still have hope the TV series will make a comeback at some point. There's been indications that everyone involved would be willing to come back and continue the series.

CBS has a series called 'Clarice' coming - I assume it'll be nothing like 'Hannibal' (for better or worse, they don't have the rights to that character anyway). Wonder if it's fortunes will impact the ability of Fuller to find a home for a season 4 of 'Hannibal'. All that said, I didn't love just how over the top season 3 was and wouldn't be heartbroken if it were left were it is.

Noxus35
01-07-2021, 03:17 PM

CBS has a series called 'Clarice' coming - I assume it'll be nothing like 'Hannibal' (for better or worse, they don't have the rights to that character anyway). Wonder if it's fortunes will impact the ability of Fuller to find a home for a season 4 of 'Hannibal'. All that said, I didn't love just how over the top season 3 was and wouldn't be heartbroken if it were left were it is.

Season two was the best out of all three seasons in my opinion, however season one was a beautiful piece of art. Fuller moved on to American Gods, however he did mention that a fourth season isn't entirely out of the question. [emoji6]

Brian861
01-07-2021, 03:21 PM

Season two was the best out of all three seasons in my opinion, however season one was a beautiful piece of art. Fuller moved on to American Gods, however he did mention that a fourth season isn't entirely out of the question. [emoji6]

I thought Will and Hannibal both died at the end of Season 3? Went over a cliff or some such?

CyberGhostface
01-07-2021, 03:23 PM

I thought Will and Hannibal both died at the end of Season 3? Went over a cliff or some such?

The post-credits scene implied they survived and kidnapped Gillian Anderson’s character.

CyberGhostface
01-07-2021, 03:24 PM

The sad thing is Bryan Fuller offered to let them use Hannibal in a limited capacity if they would let him use Clarice for his show and they refused. So now they can’t even mention Hannibal.

Brian861
01-07-2021, 03:30 PM

The post-credits scene implied they survived and kidnapped Gillian Anderson’s character.

Ah.

Noxus35
01-07-2021, 03:40 PM

He stated that his vision for a fourth season "could see the story go inside Will Graham's brain, he's aware that the fall would be very unlikely to survive but not impossible; he hinted at a dreamlike state, probably Will & Hannibal survive but end up in a coma-like state and this would open the door to giving viewers even more wild visuals and delve deeper into the horror, gore and beautiful visuals. And let's be honest, Will's mind is a wild and dangerous one to be in. Even for Hannibal himself.
You can read the full article here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/hannibal-season-4-bryan-fuller-story-ideas/amp/ "

Joe315
01-07-2021, 03:56 PM
Will Graham Question - Doesn't Will get attacked by Lector off screen/page and become a disfigured drunk living in Florida?

Brian861
01-07-2021, 04:04 PM
Will Graham Question - Doesn't Will get attacked by Lector off screen/page and become a disfigured drunk living in Florida?

You talking book or movie?

CyberGhostface
01-07-2021, 04:05 PM

Dolarhyde disfigures him in the book.

GenericEric
01-07-2021, 04:58 PM
damn I missed it! it sold out so quickly. hopefully will get it from one of the other retailers

There likely will be. I mentioned this in the facebook group as well, so for the people that missed out on Suntup, you should keep an eye out for other publishers like Lividian, Dark Regions, Camelot Books, and others.

I'm sure they'll have copies for sale at list price.

racerx45
01-07-2021, 07:54 PM
Any more guesses?

Have you read it?

The Wolfen is a great werewolf novel, written by Whitley Strieber, and turned into a pretty decent movie for its time (1981).

He also wrote The Hunger. That's always been one of my favorite vampire movies, despite its failings. I've probably watched it once a year for decades now. It had one of the best intro songs ever for a vampire movie - Bela Lugosi's Dead, by Bauhaus - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRJfIPiJGY

Both books were written before Strieber went off the rails a bit with his alien encounter books. There are a couple of follow-up books to The Hunger, which are The Last Vampire, and Lilith's Dream. I must read those again...I've completely forgotten the stories at this point.

Man, Wolfen was the first movie that really scared the shit out of me. For that reason alone I’d love to see it get the Suntup treatment.

Joe315
01-07-2021, 08:29 PM

Dolarhyde disfigures him in the book.

Ok. So lector cutting him up is from when graham catches lector prior to red dragons events.

Joe315
01-07-2021, 08:29 PM

You talking book or movie?

Book.

sullichin
01-08-2021, 08:22 AM
Slightly off topic but I finally read BROTHER and I really loved that book! Now I wish I tried to get the Seed Numbered.

I will admit, some of my reading was of the numbered version of Brother. Hersey, maybe, but it was really a lovely (gloved) experience

Tommy
01-08-2021, 08:39 AM
Someone give me the dire news....how many numbered are left? :cry:

racerx45
01-08-2021, 08:55 AM
Someone give me the dire news....how many numbered are left? :cry:

MikeDuke
01-08-2021, 12:22 PM
Down to 45 now.

swintek
01-08-2021, 02:43 PM
Down to 45 now.

So, you're saying there's a chance?

Br!an
01-08-2021, 02:52 PM
Down to 45 now.

A diminishing one - 37 now.

Brian861
01-08-2021, 02:58 PM
Received a Lettered Horns for a friend to check out before I pass it along. Man ol' man is it a thing of beauty!

Cook
01-08-2021, 03:05 PM
This is on hold, apparently this is too confusing, according to Jerome nobody has donated to this during the time frame listed

DT.org Ad-free Fundraiser booksale/psuedo-auction

Rules:
100% of Donation goes directly to the DT.org site to "Keep the site Vibrant and Ad Free"
Best donation gets the book, I will post the buyer/winner name & donation amount if they wish.
Per Jerome's advice time limit on his item is 7 days from posting
"YOU" get to donate the funds directly to the DT.org site.
For every $10 donation, the buyer/winner gets one entry into the raffle.
In "YOUR" name, YOU get the raffle ticket, I get none"
(not to exceed Jerome's maximum of 20 entries per person rule)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Red_Dragon_Fundraiser.jpg

Red Dragon Slipcased Artist edition
Mint, no damage, never read,
Shipped in an original foam encased "Suntup" shipping box.
Make reasonable donation via PM, please don't be insulting, this is a fundraiser.
Please do not PM me to ask how much I'm asking.
This Contest for Red Dragon runs: 01-08-2021 02:59 PM to 01-15-2021 02:59 PM

Br!an
01-08-2021, 03:11 PM
:clap:

shaq
01-08-2021, 05:13 PM
Slightly off topic but I finally read BROTHER and I really loved that book! Now I wish I tried to get the Seed Numbered.

I will admit, some of my reading was of the numbered version of Brother. Hersey, maybe, but it was really a lovely (gloved) experience

Am selling one if you are interested.

Seed by Ania Ahlborn - Numbered Edition (172)

£335 gbp delivered to US, EU and UK, elsewhere delivery @ half costs (unless you live on the moon) PayPal f&f or add 4%

If interested, pm and we can discuss

Noxus35
01-08-2021, 08:54 PM
Down to 45 now.

A diminishing one - 37 now.

26 numbered editions and one lettered left.

EDIT; 19 numbered and one lettered.

Br!an
01-09-2021, 08:01 AM
One lettered and fifteen numbered remaining for the lottery.

RC65
01-09-2021, 08:26 AM
I haven’t been on the Numbered train, save for BROTHER, so I haven’t really kept up on how the logistics work. But if the previous reserved numbers were 1 through 250, and SotL is, I believe, the first to increase to 350, wouldn’t that leave 100 available copies for for the lottery? I suspect I must be missing some basic fact that obviously my math isn’t factoring in...

Lookwhoitis
01-09-2021, 08:29 AM

willin to deal my Seed #ed. hit me up..

Lookwhoitis
01-09-2021, 08:32 AM
I haven’t been on the Numbered train, save for BROTHER, so I haven’t really kept up on how the logistics work. But if the previous reserved numbers were 1 through 250, and SotL is, I believe, the first to increase to 350, wouldn’t that leave 100 available copies for for the lottery? I suspect I must be missing some basic fact that obviously my math isn’t factoring in...

Seed was the 1st to 350

jeffingoff
01-09-2021, 08:33 AM

That happened with the first 350 numbered print run. SEED was the first to break that barrier. And that’s exactly what happened. There were 107 copies available for public preorder. But since there are SEED number holders that go to the whole 350 numbered print run, those buyers had first crack at Silence. As a result only 16 copies will be in the lottery.

Brian861
01-09-2021, 08:40 AM
I'll admit I haven't read all the ins and outs of the rights but is it possible to sell your rights and keep the book associated with it? I.E., you purchase SOTL but only want to depart with the rights?

RC65
01-09-2021, 08:55 AM
Seed was the 1st to 350

That happened with the first 350 numbered print run. SEED was the first to break that barrier. And that’s exactly what happened. There were 107 copies available for public preorder. But since there are SEED number holders that go to the whole 350 numbered print run, those buyers had first crack at Silence. As a result only 16 copies will be in the lottery.

Ah, okay, yes, that’s the part of the equation I was missing...I wasn’t aware that SEED preceded SotL with the 350 limitation. Thanks, guys, makes perfect sense now.

ajw2910
01-09-2021, 09:11 AM
Good luck to all who entered the lottery!

bdwyer19
01-09-2021, 09:12 AM
How many numbered copies are available in the lottery?

Noxus35
01-09-2021, 09:14 AM
How many numbered copies are available in the lottery?Sweet sixteen! [emoji6]

Lookwhoitis
01-09-2021, 09:19 AM
I'll admit I haven't read all the ins and outs of the rights but is it possible to sell your rights and keep the book associated with it? I.E., you purchase SOTL but only want to depart with the rights?

i'd imagine you would have to wait until the next book solicitation and do the deal then with your buyer paying for the book.

Brian861
01-09-2021, 09:21 AM

i'd imagine you would have to wait until the next book solicitation and do the deal then with your buyer paying for the book.

Makes sense.

herbertwest
01-09-2021, 09:24 AM
One lettered and fifteen numbered remaining for the lottery.

All of that? Wow !
I am definitely entering the lottery for the numbered !
Tempted by the lottery, but... I never spent that much money for a book and we're looking into trying to buy a flat by the end of the year. It would be a Dragon Rebound I would definitely enter, but a lettered Silence.... tempted but don't think I will

herbertwest
01-09-2021, 09:41 AM
Althought I start to wonder if I shouldnt enter the lettered lottery. After all, I think that the book looks amazing and given the results of 2020 at work, I should be getting a bonus...

Aremag
01-09-2021, 09:51 AM
I'm actually surprised at the amount left over for the lottery but it is a 350 print run.

sullichin
01-09-2021, 09:54 AM

willin to deal my Seed #ed. hit me up..

Am selling one if you are interested.

Seed by Ania Ahlborn - Numbered Edition (172)

£335 gbp delivered to US, EU and UK, elsewhere delivery @ half costs (unless you live on the moon) PayPal f&f or add 4%

If interested, pm and we can discuss

While I would love to own that, I'm not in the market for it at this exact moment. Thanks for the offers!

CyberGhostface
01-09-2021, 10:17 AM
Wonder how much this will sell on the secondary market.

shaq
01-09-2021, 10:48 AM
No problem Sullichin.

CyberGhostface
01-09-2021, 10:52 AM
https://subterraneanpress.com/all-books/other-publishers/silence-of-the-lambs

For those who missed the AE.

Edit: only if you purchased the Red Dragon AE from Subterranean, sorry

swintek
01-09-2021, 12:35 PM

Unfortunately, I think (though, not directed at you), this is the only thing a lot of folks who ordered this book are thinking about. Wonder how many of those 335 people who ordered did so to flip it? As someone who always counted this book in his Top 5 Favorite novels, and someone who wants a beautiful edition to actually read- this frustrates me. I understand that speculation and investment turnover have always- to some extent- been part of the small press "game", but it's rampant lately. Especially with Suntup books. Centipede, too.

There was one guy on the unofficial Suntup Facebook page the other day comparing- and justifying- turning a profit on his books to his stock trading- it was the same thing to him. I'd be happy if these people would stick with stocks and leave the beautiful books to us.

Tommy
01-09-2021, 12:49 PM

Unfortunately, I think (though, not directed at you), this is the only thing a lot of folks who ordered this book are thinking about. Wonder how many of those 335 people who ordered did so to flip it? As someone who always counted this book in his Top 5 Favorite novels, and someone who wants a beautiful edition to actually read- this frustrates me. I understand that speculation and investment turnover have always- to some extent- been part of the small press "game", but it's rampant lately. Especially with Suntup books. Centipede, too.

There was one guy on the unofficial Suntup Facebook page the other day comparing- and justifying- turning a profit on his books to his stock trading- it was the same thing to him. I'd be happy if these people would stick with stocks and leave the beautiful books to us.

A lot of my feelings expressed here. Lots of emotional ties to this book, this time of my life, a long gone special time. If things got bad, this would have been one of the last books I would have ever sold.
Beautiful looking book I'll probably never get to see and I hope those lucky enough to get one treasure it like I would.

jeffingoff
01-09-2021, 03:32 PM

I've expressed this sentiment multiple times on this site and I always get crapped on for it.

I don’t think there are too many people who disagree with the sentiment that these books should go to collectors and readers who will treasure them. The disagreement begins with the discussion that there’s anything Suntup (or any publisher) can do about book flippers or profiteers. The simple fact is the profit will go up in accordance with the demand. Should Paul do lesser books that no one will want? Should Paul require buyers to take a quiz to gauge how well they love a book before being able to buy it? Paul established a system from day one. Before Misery and those rules were known by all. And I think those guidelines have been very fair.

I write all this as someone who will treasure each and every Suntup book on my shelf. I have a deep love for these Harris books. I read them all those years ago and I’m eager to re read them as Suntups. I also hate when real fans miss out or are forced to pay huge mark ups. There has been tremendous generosity on the FB page with people selling books at cost to real fans.

I hate every time someone loses out in the lottery. And it’s a problem when people are just in it for the profit. But I’d say it’s not a Suntup problem. Paul’s done a whole lot to create more opportunity for collectors and fans. The profiteers will always be there.

Ari_Racing
01-09-2021, 05:05 PM
It's an interesting topic. In my opinion, definitively there are a lot of people that are investing in the books as if it was the stock market. With the exception of Misery Lettered edition, if you have the money I'm pretty sure you can buy on a single day all the other books Paul edited because there's no lack of offer.

Another interesting thing has to do with some of the less known titles published, such as Brother or The Auctioneer (just to name two examples). With the exception of a couple of people I saw no one else talking about the story when these were announced, and both sold out as any other title. Of course that the quality of the books is of total excellence and a good reason many people buy every single title but there are other publishers that follow the same model and they don't sell out the same way (Charnel House is an example).

And then you have Facebook that in my opinion boosted the enthusiasm, both for the books and the "stock market". I was a newcomer back in 2002-3 and there was a complete madness for Wizard and Glass 1st. There were copies that sold for 400 dollars back then because wherever you were talking with other fans, forums, Yahoogroups or chatrooms, the main topic was that 1st edition that Donald Grant published. "Guys, get one asap because this book is going to increase its value", or "There are only 10K copies and with millions of fans around the world this will be a book that will fetch *** in a couple of years". I didn't buy one copy at that time (actually, someone gave me one for Christmas :D ) but I do remember that I desired it so much and just couldn't afford to pay 400 bucks. All the madness around it made me start considering selling other stuff (not, not one lung :P) and jump inside the madness wagon. What happened then? Well, you can see it for yourself: if you want a 1st edition of Wizard and Glass you can get one for less than 200 dollars, and if you're patient you can even find one for half that amount. But again, newcomers don't necesary know that. They arrive to the places where discussions are taking places and all they see is cheerleading and "Here you have an opportunity to win big bucks" and of course no one wants to lose an opportunity to make a buck. I'd bet that if Paul puts for sale a book but doesn't mention which title is, it'll still sell out! Of course among the buyers you'll have people that collects all Suntup Books, people that will pull the trigger hoping it's a book they'll like, and people that will turn it into profit even before the title it's anounced.

And then you reach this point when a book that has a larger audience interested in it bounces against this incredible large group that's in for a profit.

Is it wrong? No. But still...

kingfan2323
01-09-2021, 10:33 PM

Brian861
01-10-2021, 12:47 AM

I've expressed this sentiment multiple times on this site and I always get crapped on for it.

I don’t think there are too many people who disagree with the sentiment that these books should go to collectors and readers who will treasure them. The disagreement begins with the discussion that there’s anything Suntup (or any publisher) can do about book flippers or profiteers. The simple fact is the profit will go up in accordance with the demand. Should Paul do lesser books that no one will want? Should Paul require buyers to take a quiz to gauge how well they love a book before being able to buy it? Paul established a system from day one. Before Misery and those rules were known by all. And I think those guidelines have been very fair.

I write all this as someone who will treasure each and every Suntup book on my shelf. I have a deep love for these Harris books. I read them all those years ago and I’m eager to re read them as Suntups. I also hate when real fans miss out or are forced to pay huge mark ups. There has been tremendous generosity on the FB page with people selling books at cost to real fans.

I hate every time someone loses out in the lottery. And it’s a problem when people are just in it for the profit. But I’d say it’s not a Suntup problem. Paul’s done a whole lot to create more opportunity for collectors and fans. The profiteers will always be there.

And some folks have to sell to try and stay on the train. Especially now with at least one book coming out every month. I had planned to do that but found it tiresome and sold my rights away for a second time. I figure I'll enter the lotteries for the books I really want and reach out to some of generous folks on the FB group if need be.

Noxus35
01-10-2021, 06:38 AM

Rules:
100% of Donation goes directly to the DT.org site to "Keep the site Vibrant and Ad Free"
Best donation gets the book, I will post the buyer/winner name & donation amount if they wish.

Make reasonable donation via PM, please don't be insulting, this is a fundraiser.

(BUMP FUNDRAISER)

I've donated, i'm not in it for the book though. 😉

Nemoh21
01-10-2021, 08:23 AM

Capitalism is evil!!!

I mean in all seriousness though I guess I don’t understand the issue at hand. This happens in any market. If supply is low and demand is high prices go up. And eventually it stabilizes and things return to normal. It’s not a problem, it’s just the way it works. Are the current going rates for these books insane? Yes. Are there outside factors artificially driving the prices up? Yes. But like I said these things will eventually take care of themselves.

I don’t think there is such thing as “true” collectors either. We all are paying $ for pieces of paper with words on them. Some for the art, for the author, the story or to simply make money. One persons reasons for collecting is not more honorable/noble than another’s. My opinion . You can disagree, I’m sure many of you will

webstar1000
01-10-2021, 09:32 AM

I think he was just using that as an example for the conversation.

herbertwest
01-10-2021, 11:12 AM
Oups, I accidentally entered the lottery for the lettered edition :P

swintek
01-10-2021, 11:21 AM

You're probably right, Kris. It just got under my skin at the time. I did buy an Artist Edition of SotL before it sold out, and I'm sure it will be a nice book. And, there's always the lottery, which I did enter,of course. Hey, was I griping? Yes, but not only for myself. I know there are more folks genuinely interested in owning this particular book than copies available. I get that. I am but one of many who weren't able to buy a copy. Hopefully I am wrong and we won't see a ton for sale right after publication. I really do hope for that. Otherwise- they are merely cash cow stocks for some folks.

Noxus35
01-10-2021, 11:38 AM

You're probably right, Kris. It just got under my skin at the time. I did buy an Artist Edition of SotL before it sold out, and I'm sure it will be a nice book. And, there's always the lottery, which I did enter,of course. Hey, was I griping? Yes, but not only for myself. I know there are more folks genuinely interested in owning this particular book than copies available. I get that. I am but one of many who weren't able to buy a copy. Hopefully I am wrong and we won't see a ton for sale right after publication. I really do hope for that. Otherwise- they are merely cash cow stocks for some folks.

I'm one of those 334 people that will keep it, a while back i bought a numbered Red Dragon on the secondary.
I am very happy to own that one and it is worth every penny i spent on it but i'm also super glad that i was able to purchase a numbered TSoTL at the original issue price.

I wish you all the best with the lottery and sincerely hope that you're one of those lucky people to win it, good luck!

webstar1000
01-10-2021, 11:38 AM

I only bought one myself. I know majority bought two cause of the covers thing. It wouldn’t have been right of me to buy more to sell at a profit in the group I run. I feel for anyone that missed out. There are more and more book collectors coming out of the woodwork day by day. I approved over a 100 new members last week to Suntup fan group.

SystemCrashOverRide
01-10-2021, 06:54 PM
Kris you're running more than one collectors group on FB? When do you sleep?!?

webstar1000
01-11-2021, 04:49 AM
Kris you're running more than one collectors group on FB? When do you sleep?!?

Yeah... Fans Of Suntup and Rare King. It is a lot of work I won't lie but I enjoy it and its very rewarding what I have grown and done there. OH... and yeah I don't sleep much. lol

Cook
01-11-2021, 01:03 PM
This is on hold, apparently this is too confusing, according to Jerome nobody has donated to this during the time frame listed

Rules:

This Contest for Red Dragon runs: 01-08-2021 02:59 PM to 01-15-2021 02:59 PM

Bump

herbertwest
01-12-2021, 02:49 AM
Anybody got a lottery email?
Were those sent yet?

CyberGhostface
01-12-2021, 05:31 AM
Someone on the Facebook group won a copy.

shaq
01-12-2021, 05:56 AM
Anybody got a lottery email?
Were those sent yet?

It looks like the lettered has gone as showing out of print now.

stroppygoblin
01-12-2021, 06:25 AM
Confirmed - Letter is sold.

CyberGhostface
01-12-2021, 06:42 AM
Dark Regions is having a contest for the signed Silence.

https://darkregions.com/blogs/news/the-silence-of-the-lambs-signed-numbered-hardcover-contest

GypsyDRB
01-12-2021, 06:45 AM
Hi everyone - I know several folks here are not on FB so I wanted to let you know:

I have a unique opportunity for someone who missed out on the Lettered SotL lottery (or the upcoming, alleged release of Blood Meridian)!
Letter N (with rights!) and the following back catalogue is for sale. I am not interested in splitting up the books.
1984 -> SotL. So that is 9 books: 1984, LTROI, Neuromancer, The Auctioneer, A Scanner Darkly, Seed, Starship Troopers, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Silence of the Lambs.
WHY?!?!?!?...you might ask. I am also on the Number train and had been for a few books before last year on a whim I entered a Lettered lottery. Didn't think I would win, but I did! And I was happy (am still happy)!
Thankfully I have no medical issues - I am healthy (knock on wood), I don't need the money, etc. Plan was to keep the author signed Lettered, and the books I truly loved (like 1984)...and sell the others to people who might be more interested in owning that individual volume. I did this with F451 and The Lottery. I'm keeping Biblio...
To cut to the chase, it is just about fun budget priorities. My city has an MLS team starting up next year, and I want to get really good seats for me and the family. I can't do that maintaining a Letter and a Number.
So, here's the deal:
- List price is $19,050
- My price is $20,080 (20% off Maurice's Price Tracker List, w/ domestic shipping factored in...international will have to figure out at cost).
- This is a little less than $115 'premium' / book
- Paypal F/F (otherwise add 3%)
For some this is a LOT of money. I get it...been there. For some this is a decent chunk of cheddar, for a few this just means flying business instead of first class to Dubai for the semi annual family gathering (you get the idea).
- I've spoken to Webstar, and he is willing to be the broker for those who would prefer to go that route. Price for his help brings the total to $21,084
- Lastly, I will do 4 payments of $5,020. 1st payment due when we agree, then April 15th, July 15th, last payment due Oct. 15th.
- I will ship any books up to the value already paid as they come in.
- Here's the status page: https://suntup.press/status-updates/
If multiple people reach out, I'll be following FIFO rules of accounting 🙂 ... thanks for reading and as always it is a pleasure to be a part of this group!

GypsyDRB
01-12-2021, 05:27 PM
Hi everyone - I know several folks here are not on FB so I wanted to let you know:

I have a unique opportunity for someone who missed out on the Lettered SotL lottery (or the upcoming, alleged release of Blood Meridian)!
Letter N (with rights!) and the following back catalogue is for sale. I am not interested in splitting up the books.
1984 -> SotL. So that is 9 books: 1984, LTROI, Neuromancer, The Auctioneer, A Scanner Darkly, Seed, Starship Troopers, Stranger in a Strange Land, The Silence of the Lambs.
WHY?!?!?!?...you might ask. I am also on the Number train and had been for a few books before last year on a whim I entered a Lettered lottery. Didn't think I would win, but I did! And I was happy (am still happy)!
Thankfully I have no medical issues - I am healthy (knock on wood), I don't need the money, etc. Plan was to keep the author signed Lettered, and the books I truly loved (like 1984)...and sell the others to people who might be more interested in owning that individual volume. I did this with F451 and The Lottery. I'm keeping Biblio...
To cut to the chase, it is just about fun budget priorities. My city has an MLS team starting up next year, and I want to get really good seats for me and the family. I can't do that maintaining a Letter and a Number.
So, here's the deal:
- List price is $19,050
- My price is $20,080 (20% off Maurice's Price Tracker List, w/ domestic shipping factored in...international will have to figure out at cost).
- This is a little less than $115 'premium' / book
- Paypal F/F (otherwise add 3%)
For some this is a LOT of money. I get it...been there. For some this is a decent chunk of cheddar, for a few this just means flying business instead of first class to Dubai for the semi annual family gathering (you get the idea).
- I've spoken to Webstar, and he is willing to be the broker for those who would prefer to go that route. Price for his help brings the total to $21,084
- Lastly, I will do 4 payments of $5,020. 1st payment due when we agree, then April 15th, July 15th, last payment due Oct. 15th.
- I will ship any books up to the value already paid as they come in.
- Here's the status page: https://suntup.press/status-updates/
If multiple people reach out, I'll be following FIFO rules of accounting 🙂 ... thanks for reading and as always it is a pleasure to be a part of this group!

This is on hold with 2 in waiting.

firemonkey66
01-12-2021, 06:13 PM
Selling a few things:

Suntup Seed + Brother numbered S/L matching set fine (will ship Brother now, Seed when it comes in) - 700
Suntup Fahrenheit 451 numbered S/L fine - 650
Suntup 1984 numbered S/L preorder - 775
Suntup Brother lettered S/L fine - 1700

PayPal F&F, free shipping in the US, international at cost, PM me if interested

dnemec
01-12-2021, 06:40 PM
If anyone has an extra artist edition of Silence of the Lambs that they want to get rid of at a reasonable price, please let me know. I thought about it for 3 hours and it was sold out when I went back. That's what I get for thinking, I guess. :shrug:

sullichin
01-13-2021, 07:11 AM
Did they announce the numbered lottery winners yet? :(

Caliban
01-13-2021, 07:44 AM
If you haven`t heard anything yet, then at least it`s not you, or me for that matter. You would have been noticed by now :thumbsup: .. you could hope for the said lottery winner to not show up claiming the prize, with 7 or 8 numbered prizes in total that is highly unlikely.

CyberGhostface
01-13-2021, 07:58 AM
Got my shipping notice for LTROI. :)

Caliban
01-13-2021, 08:10 AM
.. with this kind of market. One need to buy first and think later, at least when you live in the states. I bought two AE as revenge for not having a numbered - I am die hard gruesome, if I had a numbered then who knows, I would likely not have bought any AE - no need. My evil doings was created by circumstances around me, and lovely people like you must pay for it. Next time, don`t think. Market doesn`t allow so. As I`m planning to buy a larger number of stock, to UP my revenge even more :pirate:

MikeDuke
01-13-2021, 08:21 AM
Me too. Can't wait to see it.

sullichin
01-13-2021, 08:22 AM

Me too, for the artist edition. I read this for the first time recently (I want to say off your recommendation actually, if you posted a sale on the Kindle version one time?) and I was really happy there was some artist editions left

CyberGhostface
01-13-2021, 08:24 AM

Me too, for the artist edition. I read this for the first time recently (I want to say off your recommendation actually, if you posted a sale on the Kindle version one time?) and I was really happy there was some artist editions left

Happy to hear that and glad you enjoyed it. :) Just wondering have you seen the Swedish film?

zelig
01-13-2021, 08:44 AM

So we never announce lottery winners to maintain their privacy, but winners can of course announce that they won. Several on the FB Fans group have done that.

There's a line on the lottery form requesting that people not submit the form unless they are serious about purchasing a copy if they win. After the first round of winners were notified, 4 did not purchase. Could be they didn't see the email, although we make it very clear to check spam folders. Or they simply did not make the purchase, meaning they were not serious about purchasing a copy. Anyway. we're in a second round right now.

herbertwest
01-13-2021, 08:50 AM
Second round of winners?

If I win I would definitely buy it right away :biggrin:

Caliban
01-13-2021, 09:32 AM
If I won I would probably procrastinate about it for some time .. :nope:

sullichin
01-13-2021, 09:33 AM

Happy to hear that and glad you enjoyed it. :) Just wondering have you seen the Swedish film?
I have not

So we never announce lottery winners to maintain their privacy, but winners can of course announce that they won. Several on the FB Fans group have done that.

There's a line on the lottery form requesting that people not submit the form unless they are serious about purchasing a copy if they win. After the first round of winners were notified, 4 did not purchase. Could be they didn't see the email, although we make it very clear to check spam folders. Or they simply did not make the purchase, meaning they were not serious about purchasing a copy. Anyway. we're in a second round right now.
Yup I just meant if the emails went out! I don't use Facebook

swintek
01-13-2021, 11:27 AM
So- you're saying there's still a chance?

zelig
01-13-2021, 12:06 PM

Yes, still a chance. Once the book shows up in the "All Editions" section, then you will know that all winners have completed their purchase.

webstar1000
01-13-2021, 12:14 PM
I have a Red Dragon S/L for sale. PM me:)

zelig
01-13-2021, 12:28 PM

Yes, still a chance. Once the book shows up in the "All Editions" section, then you will know that all winners have completed their purchase.

Scratch that. The last 2 just sold.

Noxus35
01-13-2021, 12:35 PM

Scratch that. The last 2 just sold.Congrats on the sell out Paul! [emoji323][emoji322]

zelig
01-13-2021, 12:36 PM
Thank you! Congrats to the winners!

Aremag
01-13-2021, 12:47 PM

Thanks Paul....my mom says I'm a winner.

Ari_Racing
01-13-2021, 12:54 PM
Congrats, Paul! Amazing!

herbertwest
01-13-2021, 12:54 PM

Scratch that. The last 2 just sold.

Congratulations Paul !

zelig
01-13-2021, 01:40 PM

Thanks Paul....my mom says I'm a winner.

You know, my mom says the same thing! Must be a mom thing...

Congrats, Paul! Amazing!

Congratulations Paul !

Thanks guys!

MikeDuke
01-13-2021, 01:49 PM
That's awesome Paul. What's amazing that even at 350 ed a book can sell out. I personally am glad that more people may get a chance to enjoy your books. But to have the AG ed sell out as fast as it
did is amazing as well. On to the two books in Feb and then the Mar book which has a lot of people excited for some reason.

zelig
01-13-2021, 09:54 PM
Thanks Mike!

burgerhicks80
01-14-2021, 09:38 AM
My predictions for the 2 books in February are Dracula and Wolfen

Noxus35
01-14-2021, 09:47 AM
My predictions for the 2 books in February are Dracula and Wolfen

I actually think that these will be The Exorcist and The Fates by Thomas Tessier. 😉

Beverly Marsh
01-15-2021, 07:33 AM
I have NEVER seen that Thinner UK cover before. I love it!
Re: the latest print. Obviously. Haha

herbertwest
01-15-2021, 09:36 AM
Same : never seen before and when I saw that picture i was stunned by the art!

GenericEric
01-15-2021, 09:39 AM
Yeah that's new to me as well. Now I want to seek out that edition.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-15-2021, 10:49 AM
https://i.imgur.com/TlaUj44.jpg

Patrick
01-15-2021, 03:33 PM
Congrats on the SotL sell out, Paul!

That print looks amazing. Trippy and cool. Looking forward to its arrival.

MikeDuke
01-15-2021, 09:53 PM
AHHHHH
Shipping notice. Can't wait for the others.

jeffingoff
01-15-2021, 10:07 PM
AHHHHH
Shipping notice. Can't wait for the others.

Me neither, Mike!

MikeDuke
01-16-2021, 07:31 AM
OK. I am a little confused. With Paul's books, I won't lie, I choose media mail because it's cheaper and for me every dollar count's. But when I looked up the shipping for LTROI it
looks like it is being sent UPS. Now I did not chose UPS because of the pricing. Color me confused :shrug:. I am :excited: though.
Jeff I am bursting at the seams to fill the rest of my shelves.

Br!an
01-16-2021, 07:36 AM
OK. I am a little confused. With Paul's books, I won't lie, I choose media mail because it's cheaper and for me every dollar count's. But when I looked up the shipping for LTROI it
looks like it is being sent UPS. Now I did not chose UPS because of the pricing. Color me confused :shrug:. I am :excited: though.

Paul gave you an upgrade! Nice! Media Mail has been hell lately.

jeffingoff
01-16-2021, 07:40 AM

Yeah I sure wish that past jeff had chosen anything other than media mail!

Frondz
01-16-2021, 09:44 AM
Hey folks! Quick little ask. Anyone have Silence of the Lambs #73 on preorder? That's my old number (Red Dragon). Well, I'm back on at #49, and well, I'd love to match the two. If you have #73 and are willing to trade, shoot me a pm. Thanks so much!

MikeDuke
01-16-2021, 11:40 AM

Well that was very generous of him. Not that I expect it all the time. I need to shave where I can and shipping is one place.
Again, one more thing that makes Suntup such a great company to be with.

zelig
01-16-2021, 02:38 PM
Hi Mike, you original order had UPS on there, not USPS Media Mail.

Br!an
01-16-2021, 03:09 PM

Well, it has the same letters. :doh:

MikeDuke
01-16-2021, 08:26 PM
Really? Wow my memory is really going because I do not remember doing that.

Brian861
01-18-2021, 09:48 AM
A few items that may be of interest:

19th Edition: 19 "Buffalo" Bill Bookmark (https://lightbox-photography-cards.myshopify.com/products/19th-edition-19-buffalo-bill-bookmark)

Suntup Oskar’s Cube Let The Right One In John Ajvide Lindqvist PC Paperweight (https://www.ebay.com/itm/254837463671?_trksid=p11021.c100851.m5053&_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26 ao%3D1%26asc%3D20170803121420%26meid%3Dfc4866cf3cb 9441bae303d8b70fd549e%26pid%3D100851%26rk%3D3%26rk t%3D4%26mehot%3Dnone%26b%3D1%26sd%3D124532947262%2 6itm%3D254837463671%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D110 21%26algv%3DDefaultOrganic&ul_noapp=true)