PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

herbertwest
12-04-2020, 02:20 AM
Which of the page variant is the rarest? :tongue:

RichardX
12-04-2020, 09:00 AM
I'm sure this is the million dollar question but what are the odds of Suntup publishing another King book? None, possible, probable, certain, all the above? LOL. I know the marketing is based on keeping us in suspense and there is always uncertainty but given that the future books are all presumably spoken for by those who hold the rights to them, a hint perhaps!

Randall Flagg
12-04-2020, 10:03 AM
The Magic 8 ball says:

Better not tell you now

Splync
12-04-2020, 10:25 AM
I'm sure this is the million dollar question but what are the odds of Suntup publishing another King book? None, possible, probable, certain, all the above? LOL. I know the marketing is based on keeping us in suspense and there is always uncertainty but given that the future books are all presumably spoken for by those who hold the rights to them, a hint perhaps!

webstar1000
12-04-2020, 10:33 AM
The Magic 8 ball says:

Better not tell you now

mine says: 'dreams are made of this"

GenericEric
12-04-2020, 12:50 PM
I still see a Suntup edition of Different Seasons in my dreams....

amd013
12-04-2020, 02:18 PM
I know this has been brought up in the Suntup facebook group, but did anyone have the problem with pages being cut uneven in The Invisible Man Numbered Edition? I personally don't have this edition, but a few people have reported they have the same problem.

People have reported it's pages 165-172. Not sure exactly how widespread it is.

By cut uneven do you mean the margins are different? The pages look fine in my copy, but it looks like the text is shifted up higher.

Actually looking through out the book, it appears the text shifts up and down the page through out.

A random sampling of pages I notice anywhere from about 9/16 in to 1 1/4 inch from bottom of page to page number. I didn't confirm measurements, but the distance between top of page and text seems relative to the shift at the bottom.

Perhaps this is intentional?

GypsyDRB
12-04-2020, 02:19 PM
That’s a good one (Different Seasons)...I could also see Four Past Midnight or definitely Lisey’s Story (hello manuscripts cube or Boo’ya Moon beast!)...

Noxus35
12-04-2020, 02:43 PM
It’s difficult
to romanticize being the last
or even remember it as it was;
a 150 printrun it once had
when i kept on discovering
more and more books to collect
containing all things the world has ever said,
and every letterpress that Suntup still might have,
and these are the last two
i really thought this to be true,
however, one did move
Undecided, it left you.
The last one, still remaining unmoved
Pensive or not; "heck, i just might do."
Well.. guess what?
I just bought the last you.

Congrats on the sell out Paul!!
I just bought the last numbered edition of The World Doesn't End. 👌🏻

kingfan2323
12-04-2020, 05:58 PM
Very well done! Gave me a good laugh. Should be a beautiful edition. Congrats. I'm looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Noxus35
12-04-2020, 08:30 PM
Very well done! Gave me a good laugh. Should be a beautiful edition. Congrats. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to this one, should be a gorgeous edition.

St. Troy
12-05-2020, 06:59 AM
...what are the odds of Suntup publishing another King book?

Better than Centipede Press’ odds.

GypsyDRB
12-05-2020, 08:30 AM
This was from an interview almost 3 years ago (February 2018) with Jason Sechrest:

“PS: I am working on some books right now, on pushing them through for approval. I have a proposal being worked up which I am really excited about. If the author agrees, I will be a very happy camper.”

Was just browsing the interwebs, and when I read it wondered which book this was referencing?

...I assumed it was Misery, but then I thought the turn around time from when it was published meant it was another book?

Cook
12-05-2020, 11:26 AM
For Sale

If anybody is interested I have an artist edition of Suntup's Misery for sale (make offer) or open to trading.

If anybody is interested I also have an artist (Richey Beckett) edition of Suntup's Rosemary's Baby for sale (make offer) or open to trading.
This copy of Rosemary's Baby is also somewhat unique, I had this signed by Chuck Palahniuk right before covid hit.
Chuck told me it was the only one he had signed up to that point.

Both copies are As/New,
Misery is still shrinkwrapped (sorry Kris, but it really is)
Rosemary's Baby is open only to have it signed.

Thanks
Richard

webstar1000
12-05-2020, 11:37 AM
If, during your cleanup, you come across any PC Merrins Cross cubes...I am your guy! :dance:

One for sale on fans of suntup. Just listed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenericEric
12-05-2020, 11:43 AM
Man, Rosemary's Baby is the only AGE I'm missing (same with a lot of people)

What's the market price nowadays? I haven't been keeping track lately.

jeffingoff
12-05-2020, 11:44 AM
For Sale

If anybody is interested I have an artist edition of Suntup's Misery for sale (make offer) or open to trading.

If anybody is interested I also have an artist (Richey Beckett) edition of Suntup's Rosemary's Baby for sale (make offer) or open to trading.
This copy of Rosemary's Baby is also somewhat unique, I had this signed by Chuck Palahniuk right before covid hit.

Both copies are As/New,

Thanks
Richard

That is wild that you got Palahniuk’s signature in there. What a great copy for someone to get.

Brian861
12-05-2020, 11:47 AM

I've seen them go for upwards of $500. Richard's copy is on a whole different level though.

Edit: He's a great guy to deal with IMO also.

Br!an
12-05-2020, 02:52 PM

I've seen them go for upwards of $500. Richard's copy is on a whole different level though.

Yeah, but he can be a Dick.

Dick is an acceptable nickname for Richard. What did you think I meant?

Brian861
12-05-2020, 07:53 PM

Boo.

namelessnpoor
12-06-2020, 07:22 AM
Selling a couple numbered editions.

Brother #478. As new in Suntup box with bookmark. $325

The Invisible Man # PC. As new in Suntup box. No bookmark. Does have one issue. The spine label on the book was put on the wrong end of the book.So when the book appears right side up in its slipcase, it is actually upside down. If this was correct the book would be flawless. $240

Prices include media mail shipping in the CONUS. International at cost. Will ship anyway you prefer at your expense.
PayPal F&F or add 4%
Email me st rrdunaway@outlook.com for pics and info if interested.

webstar1000
12-06-2020, 09:15 AM
Anyone here still rocking EOTD same number and all titles to the present?

Cook
12-06-2020, 09:53 AM

Boo.

Yes.. why yes I am.
Can't help it, it's in the genes :dick:

Cook
12-06-2020, 10:15 AM
** UPDATE ** - SOLD

For Sale

Both copies are As/New,

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/RoseBaby1.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/RoseBaby2.jpg http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/MisArt.jpg

PM if interested.
Thanks
Richard

cit74
12-06-2020, 07:52 PM

Yep #62

playdohman
12-06-2020, 09:08 PM

Yep #62

Yes, #58. Only thing not matched is the Horns Art Portfolio. Forgot to ask for my number when ordering.

webstar1000
12-07-2020, 03:53 AM

Yep #62

Yes, #58. Only thing not matched is the Horns Art Portfolio. Forgot to ask for my number when ordering.

NICE. I knew there were more out there. I'm #150... I know there are some BUT from EOTD and on is rare I think!

Br!an
12-07-2020, 04:09 AM

Yep #62

NICE. I knew there were more out there. I'm #150... I know there are some BUT from EOTD and on is rare I think!

I'm still #19.

stroppygoblin
12-07-2020, 04:13 AM

Yep #62

I'm still #19.

You look rough for your age. :evil:

firemonkey66
12-07-2020, 09:13 AM

Yep #62

Lol, my #165 full set matches outside of Suntup to the Philtrum Press EoTD S/L. I was looking for an excuse to buy the numbered EoTD portfolio since I already had the lettered, and when Paul said he still had #165 of the portfolio, I had my excuse. Of course, the artwork doesn’t match, so it was a very thin excuse, but it worked out well since it was a direct line to the numbered Misery and beyond:)

Dr. Dawg
12-07-2020, 07:59 PM
My #79 set is intact from EOTD and matching on (including cubes and Horns portfolio)!

becca69
12-08-2020, 07:40 AM
Lol, my #165 full set matches outside of Suntup to the Philtrum Press EoTD S/L. I was looking for an excuse to buy the numbered EoTD portfolio since I already had the lettered, and when Paul said he still had #165 of the portfolio, I had my excuse. Of course, the artwork doesn’t match, so it was a very thin excuse, but it worked out well since it was a direct line to the numbered Misery and beyond:)

We are book buddies. I have #164 to match my Philtrum Press EOTD as well. It was a silly number to pick but what's a girl to do? I should have gone with 69 LOL.

MikeDuke
12-08-2020, 09:35 AM
Looking forward to tomorrow and Thurs. Can't wait to see what they are. And Becca, you are too funny.

amd013
12-09-2020, 09:36 AM
Hi Paul,

Just got you email regarding the holiday gift. Just want to clarify if orders for prints count.

Thanks,
Mike

MikeDuke
12-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Great FB live. Lot's of free stuff. I summited my orders. Also we shall see with the other ARC give away. It's amazing Paul does so much for his customers.
Can't wait until tomorrow though to see what the books are. Ans 2021 sure sounds like it's going to be winner.

shaq
12-09-2020, 10:46 AM
Winners posted on Pauls facebook site now.

I cannot believe how excited i was last year, for the broadsheet!!

An arc, post tag? Name in the book! Happy holidays!

becca69
12-09-2020, 11:05 AM
Hi Paul,

Just got you email regarding the holiday gift. Just want to clarify if orders for prints count.

Thanks,
Mike

Any individual order counts for the 5 needed.

BadHatHarry
12-09-2020, 11:25 AM
Damn, I ordered a lot of stuff in 2020.

Randall Flagg
12-09-2020, 01:04 PM

Link to Winners?

Lurker
12-09-2020, 01:19 PM
Does tomorrows order count?

MikeDuke
12-09-2020, 01:27 PM

Link to Winners?
If you fully open the post to the video where it says "see more", they are all at the bottom.

Randall Flagg
12-09-2020, 01:28 PM
Does tomorrows order count?
The submission window closes December 15th. Place your order tomorrow, then submit your request.

GenericEric
12-09-2020, 02:36 PM
Damn, I ordered a lot of stuff in 2020.

Yep, me too. Looks like I ordered more from Suntup than any other publisher.

cit74
12-09-2020, 05:58 PM
Winners of the 5 SEED ARCs are: Andre Zube Lewis, Mark S. Dauck, Gideon Foley,Sean Ryan and Scott Casey.

Winners of the 10 $50 gift cards are: Tim Martin,Rene Rasmussen, Mark Schuster, Mike Kitchell, Mitchell van Tilburg, Troy Dickerson, Joshua Aries, Evan Lamb, Colin Orsini and Kelly Augustine. Happy holidays!

MikeDuke
12-10-2020, 06:14 AM
Just a more hours.

shaq
12-10-2020, 08:18 AM
Winners of the 5 SEED ARCs are: Andre Zube Lewis, Mark S. Dauck, Gideon Foley,Sean Ryan and Scott Casey.

Winners of the 10 $50 gift cards are: Tim Martin,Rene Rasmussen, Mark Schuster, Mike Kitchell, Mitchell van Tilburg, Troy Dickerson, Joshua Aries, Evan Lamb, Colin Orsini and Kelly Augustine. Happy holidays!

Thanks. Just seen you post RF.

George at C-Springs
12-10-2020, 09:12 AM
Just rcv'd email about Starship Troopers and Stranger in a Strange Land; finally a couple more I've read from an author I know! Yay!

Aremag
12-10-2020, 09:14 AM
Very impressive Heinlein set and a good price. I was worried the 2 book set would be a wallet killer...especially at Christmas time.

MikeDuke
12-10-2020, 09:14 AM
Ordered mine. Looking forward to getting these as well. I only saw the movie Starship Troopers but I don't know if it's the same story.

burgerhicks80
12-10-2020, 09:21 AM
I wanted to qualify for the gift but I stupidly purchased 3 things at once and its only counts as one order instead of three. Is there away to still qualify without cancelling the order and making three separate transactions?

woland
12-10-2020, 09:21 AM
I also ordered mine. To be entirely honest, I'm not seeing a huge difference between the numbered and the artist edition.

cit74
12-10-2020, 09:23 AM
I also ordered mine. To be entirely honest, I'm not seeing a huge difference between the numbered and the artist edition.

materials, materials, materials :)

BadHatHarry
12-10-2020, 09:25 AM
Ordered mine. Looking forward to getting these as well. I only saw the movie Starship Troopers but I don't know if it's the same story.

Same basic story, but the movie wasn't near as good (shocker), although I like the movie quite a bit. It did an OK job of capturing the satirical tone of the novel.

BadHatHarry
12-10-2020, 09:26 AM
Also, damn, the AE of Starship Troopers has been on sale for like 22 minutes and already sold almost 150 copies? That's incredible.

GenericEric
12-10-2020, 09:34 AM
I was wondering if Stranger in a Strange Land would be the original or uncut version. Looks like it will be the complete uncut version.

George at C-Springs
12-10-2020, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by*MikeDuke*

I tried to order but for whatever reason can't sign in to the site through my phone, will have to try later from a computer.

The movie is one of those either you love it or you hate it (kinda like The Fifth Element) and it's not wildly loved by Heinlein fans. Personally I like it, have seen it many times; first was in the theater in Amsterdam, I was up there for a Van Gogh art class. That was also the first theater I'd ever been in with stadium seating (so cool) and, of course, Denise Richards.

burgerhicks80
12-10-2020, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted by*MikeDuke*

I tried to order but for whatever reason can't sign in to the site through my phone, will have to try later from a computer.

The movie is one of those either you love it or you hate it (kinda like The Fifth Element) and it's not wildly loved by Heinlen fans. Personally I like it, have seen it many times; first was in the theater in Amsterdam, I was up there for a Van Gogh art class. That was also the first theater I'd ever been in with stadium seating (so cool) and, of course, Denise Richards.

Denise Richards is the correct answer

playdohman
12-10-2020, 10:34 AM
I wanted to qualify for the gift but I stupidly purchased 3 things at once and its only counts as one order instead of three. Is there away to still qualify without cancelling the order and making three separate transactions?

If you have $50 and know you will buy something again in the future, on two different orders, buy 2 $25 gift certificates. You have the extra 2 orders needed plus $50 to spend real soon.

zelig
12-10-2020, 12:21 PM

You will need to have 5 separate order numbers to qualify for the free gift.

They are completely different. Are you looking at the Numbered and Artist? One has a dust jacket and the other does not. The AE is a full cloth, and the Numbered is a quarter cloth with letterpress printed sides. There are other differences, but those are the major ones.

I was wondering if Stranger in a Strange Land would be the original or uncut version. Looks like it will be the complete uncut version.

The uncut.

Soup81
12-10-2020, 12:44 PM
I just purchased the AGE of Starship Troopers!

For comparisons sake as this is the first AGE I own, how do they compare to say, a subterranean press numbered book?

Garrell
12-10-2020, 12:53 PM
As nice or better

BadHatHarry
12-10-2020, 01:04 PM
Wow. Is the counter accurate? Over 600 AE's of Starship Troopers sold already?

George at C-Springs
12-10-2020, 02:01 PM

I thought that was a count down of copies remaining vs a count up of copies sold.

GenericEric
12-10-2020, 02:09 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they all sold that fast, but it could be after all the different publishers getting their set number of copies too.

I'm holding off so I can pre-order from Lividian Publications. (assuming Brian gets copies)

BadHatHarry
12-10-2020, 02:54 PM

I thought that was a count down of copies remaining vs a count up of copies sold.

It is, but it said only 105 copies left.

Br!an
12-10-2020, 05:10 PM

There are 132 Stranger in a Strange Land and 77 Starship Troopers remaining.

George at C-Springs
12-10-2020, 09:00 PM
Ordered both a little earlier tonight; going to give Saturday a shot as well if there's any available. Love me some Heinlein!

BadHatHarry
12-10-2020, 09:44 PM

There are 132 Stranger in a Strange Land and 77 Starship Troopers remaining.

That's an incredible testament to the work Paul is doing. That's for an artist's edition!

herbertwest
12-11-2020, 06:48 AM
Out of 1500 gift books, there are now only 114 copies left.
Impressive !

Br!an
12-11-2020, 08:00 AM
Ten Suntup Troopers remaining.

MikeDuke
12-11-2020, 08:28 AM
So he is the count as of 11:25am EST today
6 lettered
42 numbered
Starship Troopers AE 6
Stranger in a strange land 83
Wow. That is an impressive pre-sale. These won't last long once 12:00 sat hits.

Br!an
12-11-2020, 08:32 AM
Just received the "The Great Red Dragon Statue Shipping - Confirm Address" email.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1801/0657/products/great-red-dragon-front_1024x1024.jpg?v=1590119522

GenericEric
12-11-2020, 12:28 PM
I have 2 extra copies of Fahrenheit 451 gift edition brand new for $120 each. Paypal F&F or add 3%. PM if interested. Thanks!

MikeDuke
12-11-2020, 01:14 PM
Wow Brian, that does look really cool. Congrats.

MikeDuke
12-11-2020, 01:27 PM
Just thought I would give another update for the books
Lettered 5
numbered 31
Starship Troopers AE SOLD OUT
Stranger in a Strange land 72
I really wonder how many will make until tomorrow.

Br!an
12-11-2020, 03:27 PM
Wow Brian, that does look really cool. Congrats.

It's freaky.

GenericEric
12-11-2020, 04:08 PM
Under the assumption that other publishers will get copies (specifically Lividian Press) I didn't order the artist editions of Starship Troopers and Stranger in a Strange Land.

Time to wait and see.

George at C-Springs
12-11-2020, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by GenericEric

Under the assumption that other publishers will get copies (specifically Lividian Press) I didn't order the artist editions of Starship Troopers and Stranger in a Strange Land.

Time to wait and see.

Just curious what the reasoning is behind taking a chance and waiting to get it from another publisher; why not buy from the source when you know it's available?

richardsrarebooks
12-11-2020, 07:46 PM
because many times you don't have to pay until published.

George at C-Springs
12-11-2020, 08:07 PM

But then wouldn't you have to deal with price mark-ups, shipping delays, and potential issues with damage due to additional shipping?

GenericEric
12-11-2020, 09:19 PM

But then wouldn't you have to deal with price mark-ups, shipping delays, and potential issues with damage due to additional shipping?

Nope. Sells for the same price as on Suntup and as mentioned I don't have to pay until they ship and that helps a lot.

I've purchased Suntup books from Lividian before and haven't had any issues yet. I've also been exclusively pre-ordering all the Suntup artist editions from Lividian. Currently have 4 on pre-order.

Br!an
12-12-2020, 07:52 AM
Don't forget...

2020 Holiday Gift (https://suntup.press/2020-holiday-gift/?utm_source=Suntup+Editions&utm_campaign=1949e4fa00-2020_HOLIDAY_GIFT&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_447f8dd321-1949e4fa00-447578437&mc_cid=1949e4fa00&mc_eid=cbfd9be5ad)

At this time of year, we love to take the opportunity to thank our loyal customers for their support of Suntup Editions. In 2019, we produced a limited edition broadside of the closing paragraph from The Road by Cormac McCarthy, which was sent to our customers.

This year, we have been cooking up a very unique gift! Our loyal customers who have placed at least five orders from us during 2020 will receive an ARC of our January 2021 book, along with a letterpress printed “hang tag”, which is set in metal type, and signed by Paul Suntup.

But wait! That’s not all. The names of all recipients of this gift will be printed in the ARC in a special section.

To claim this gift, please submit the form below no later than Tuesday, December 15th 2020 at 12 P.M. Pacific.

ONE ENTRY PER PERSON PLEASE. ORDERS MUST HAVE BEEN PLACED WITH SUNTUP EDITIONS DIRECTLY. ORDERS FROM BOOK DEALERS DO NOT QUALIFY. MUST BE 5 SEPARATE ORDERS, NOT 5 ITEMS ON ONE OR TWO ORDERS. THANK YOU!!!

Br!an
12-12-2020, 08:03 AM
I know this has been brought up in the Suntup facebook group, but did anyone have the problem with pages being cut uneven in The Invisible Man Numbered Edition? I personally don't have this edition, but a few people have reported they have the same problem.

People have reported it's pages 165-172. Not sure exactly how widespread it is.

By cut uneven do you mean the margins are different? The pages look fine in my copy, but it looks like the text is shifted up higher.

Actually looking through out the book, it appears the text shifts up and down the page through out.

A random sampling of pages I notice anywhere from about 9/16 in to 1 1/4 inch from bottom of page to page number. I didn't confirm measurements, but the distance between top of page and text seems relative to the shift at the bottom.

Perhaps this is intentional?

I just looked at my copy. The top and bottom margins change. The text appears closer to the top of the page.

jeffingoff
12-12-2020, 08:24 AM
Congrats on the amazing, nutty release. Apparently this is the Dawn of the Era of the AE. The Heinlein Collection tied with Neuromancer all the while completely selling out one AE and over 90% of another.

Crazy and amazing. Cramazing.

Garrell
12-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Yeah for the shipping notice!!!!

jeffingoff
12-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Yeah for the shipping notice!!!!

Double yay!! It was nice to get that notice while another package coming to me is lost in Lost Angeles.

MikeDuke
12-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Yea, that shipping notice was great. Especially since I have another one from another company. Next week may be a great week.

firemonkey66
12-12-2020, 05:28 PM
Wow, the numbered Misery that Camelot had listed for 8000 sold.

https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/misery

MikeDuke
12-13-2020, 06:33 AM

That is incredible.

playdohman
12-13-2020, 07:39 AM

That is incredible.

If another SK book is offered, what do we think the stand alone price of Misery would be since rights is a chunk of the current going price?

MikeDuke
12-13-2020, 08:01 AM
It would most likely push it over $10,000 until the new King book came out, then it might drop a little since it would no longer carry rights once the new one came out. But that's just a guess by me.

Lookwhoitis
12-13-2020, 10:22 AM
Apparently this is the Dawn of the Era of the AE.

I mean the AE is what people can afford. The quality of them are super high as well.
They are also available to buy on onsale date without having to jump through the exclusivity hoop of rights, and through certain channels you don't have to pay until they ship.

I don't know where to peg the "average" mindset of a Suntup fan, but there are certainly many people who are content to just spend a hundred or couple hundred bucks on a GE/AE instead of dropping a rent or mortgage payment a month a on a numbered.
(My bank account wishes i were one of them :rofl: )

webstar1000
12-13-2020, 11:22 AM

That is incredible.

If another SK book is offered, what do we think the stand alone price of Misery would be since rights is a chunk of the current going price?
$10k at the minimum. In fact, I think you could see it bouncing off the 12k mark

swintek
12-13-2020, 11:59 AM

That is incredible.

$10k at the minimum. In fact, I think you could see it bouncing off the 12k mark

If that's the case- mine would have to be "sacrificed". No question.

webstar1000
12-13-2020, 12:01 PM

That is incredible.

And you wouldn’t be alone. Those rights would have incredible power Shoudl Paul announce another king and especially if it was another popular title

kingfan2323
12-13-2020, 12:04 PM
I did the research at time of release but lost my notes. Does anyone have a list of the 6 stories that will be in Bibliomysteries? Thx

JeremyM
12-13-2020, 12:41 PM
I did the research at time of release but lost my notes. Does anyone have a list of the 6 stories that will be in Bibliomysteries? Thx

Believe these are the stories:

Reed Farrel Coleman, The Book of Ghosts
John Connolly, The Caxton Lending Library & Book Depository
Elizabeth George, The Mysterious Disappearance of the Reluctant Book Fairy
Anne Perry, The Scroll
F. Paul Wilson, The Compendium of Srem
Christopher Fowler, Reconciliation Day

kingfan2323
12-13-2020, 12:50 PM

Believe these are the stories:

Reed Farrel Coleman, The Book of Ghosts
John Connolly, The Caxton Lending Library & Book Depository
Elizabeth George, The Mysterious Disappearance of the Reluctant Book Fairy
Anne Perry, The Scroll
F. Paul Wilson, The Compendium of Srem
Christopher Fowler, Reconciliation DayBadass. Thanks !

webstar1000
12-13-2020, 02:34 PM

That is incredible.

I don’t think there are that many buyers for a numbered king regardless of the production at that price. The market would flood and tank the values.

Maybe. I didn’t think it would hit 8k... yet there is multiple sales and above now. The amount of $$ for
Collectables during a pandemic And economic slow down.. just astounds me.

zelig
12-13-2020, 04:11 PM
Congrats on the amazing, nutty release. Apparently this is the Dawn of the Era of the AE. The Heinlein Collection tied with Neuromancer all the while completely selling out one AE and over 90% of another.

Thank you. I think you're right. The AE books seem to have gained a foothold now. Wherever possible, I've included one on as many future releases as possible, primarily due to many customers requesting them. So you're going to be seeing more of these.

GenericEric
12-13-2020, 04:46 PM
People love the AEs because they get a taste of a finely crafted Suntup book at an affordable price.

More artist editions is always good thing. Soon I'll have to add in a new bookcase just for Suntup AEs

Hunchback Jack
12-14-2020, 12:10 AM

Thank you. I think you're right. The AE books seem to have gained a foothold now. Wherever possible, I've included one on as many future releases as possible, primarily due to many customers requesting them. So you're going to be seeing more of these.

I'm really glad to hear this. I like how distinct the AE designs are from the other editions, and how well made thy are. I always look forward to receiving them.

BadHatHarry
12-14-2020, 07:53 AM

The quality of the AE's is comparable to the quality of many publisher's numbered editions.

webstar1000
12-14-2020, 07:54 AM
Today is announcement schedule day no?

burgerhicks80
12-14-2020, 09:03 AM
Happy Holidays, friends! All I can say is, get ready for a wild ride in 2021! We have put together one of our strongest lineups to date, and I am excited to share these with you. To kick the year off, we will be announcing four new titles for the first quarter of 2021. For those who like to plan ahead, here are a few hints about what’s to come:

January

On Wednesday, January 6th I will broadcast live from Facebook at 9 a.m. PT to share some production updates and giveaways. We will announce our first book of 2021 the following day, Thursday January 7th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Number Pre-Orders will also begin at this time. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only beginning on Saturday, January 9th at 9 a.m. PT.

One of the most requested titles for us to publish as a limited edition, this iconic horror novel left readers hungry for more. The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. Both the Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author as well as the artist. The Artist edition is signed by the artist.

February

We will be announcing two titles in the month of February. On Wednesday, February 3rd I will broadcast live from Facebook at 9 a.m. PT. The first title of the month will be announced the following day, Thursday February 4th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Number Pre-Orders for owners of the January 2021 title who hold a designation of 1-250 will also begin at this time. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only beginning on Saturday, February 6th at 9 a.m. PT.

We sent out a survey some time back asking customers to tell us what novels they wanted us to publish. This was the #1 most requested book, and is available in four states: Roman Numeral, Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Roman Numeral edition is limited to 10 copies, the Numbered edition is limited to 250 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. The Roman Numeral, Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author of the introduction and the artist. The Artist edition is signed by the artist.

For the second title of the month, I will broadcast live from Facebook on Wednesday, February 24th at 9 a.m. PT. We will announce this second title on Thursday, February 25th at 9 a.m. PT, at which time the Artist edition will be available for pre-order. Matching Number Pre-Orders will also begin at this time, going to owners of the title announced on February 4th as well as to the owners of the January 2021 title who hold a designation of 251-350. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only beginning on Saturday, February 27th at 9 a.m. PT.

This terrifying novel from the 1970’s was the author’s debut, breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel. The book is available in three states: Lettered, Numbered and Artist. The Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies, and the Artist edition is limited to 1000 copies. The Lettered and Numbered editions are signed by the author and the artist. The Artist edition is signed by the artist.

March

On Wednesday, March 17th, I will broadcast live from Facebook at 9 a.m. PT. We will announce our next title the following day, Thursday March 18th, at 9 a.m. PT. Matching Number Pre-Orders for owners of the previous title will also begin at this time. If there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only beginning on Saturday, March 20th at 9 a.m. PT.

This novel, our second release by the author, is another one of our most requested titles. Violent, gripping, and exquisitely written, it is frequently lauded as one of the greatest achievements in American literature, and is considered to be the author’s masterpiece. The book is available in two states: Lettered and Numbered. The Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies. All books are signed by the author of the introduction and by the artist. Our Numbered edition of this title has been produced at the level of a Lettered edition.

All four of these titles are already well into production. Your passion and love for these editions continues to inspire me, and I am delighted to say that there are many more surprises ahead in 2021! Wishing you all safe holidays, and a Happy New Year!

Paul Suntup

March has to be Blood Meridian, right?

CyberGhostface
12-14-2020, 09:12 AM
One of the most requested titles for us to publish as a limited edition, this iconic horror novel left readers hungry for more.

Silence of the Lambs?

This terrifying novel from the 1970’s was the author’s debut, breathing new life into a particular breed of horror novel.

I was going to say 'Exorcist' (I know Blatty died recently but he could have signed pages earlier) but it wasn't his debut. 'Elizabeth' by Ken Greenhall? Or 'Rats' by James Herbert (just because of 'breed')?

Our Numbered edition of this title has been produced at the level of a Lettered edition.

Does this mean the cost will be lettered-equivalent?

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 09:17 AM
January is Silence of the Lambs
March is Blood Meridian.

George at C-Springs
12-14-2020, 09:17 AM
Were there any numbered or lettered leftover for lottery on Saturday? I didn't see an announcement one way or the other and didn't get an email.

GenericEric
12-14-2020, 09:21 AM
March is Blood Meridian.

I think those are safe bets. Not sure about the other ones though.

Noxus35
12-14-2020, 09:21 AM
I'm thinking that the january book might be Interview with the Vampire by Ann Rice.

Brian861
12-14-2020, 09:25 AM
I'm thinking that the January book might be Interview with the Vampire by Ann Rice.

CD was supposed to be publishing this one about 3+ years ago I believe.

burgerhicks80
12-14-2020, 09:26 AM
The 2nd feb title I think will be Deliverance. It's the authors debut novel and I think the keyword in the tease is "breed" and there's a whole lot of inbreeding going on the that book from what I understand

JeremyM
12-14-2020, 09:27 AM
I'm thinking that the january book might be Interview with the Vampire by Ann Rice.

I think the 2nd Feb book could be 'Interview With the Vampire' - meets the clues reasonably well.

Another thought is the novelization of 'The Omen' - but to my knowledge Seltzer didn't write any other books.

March certainly reads like it could be 'Blood Meridian' and I guess 'Silence of the Lambs' for Jan, though not a lot of clues there beyond 'requested' and 'horror'.

The first Feb book - no idea, what would merit a Roman Numeral edition? And what was the #1 requested book? Wish I could remember everything asked about on the survey.

Noxus35
12-14-2020, 09:28 AM

I think the 2nd Feb book could be 'Interview With the Vampire' - meets the clues reasonably well.

Another thought is the novelization of 'The Omen' - but to my knowledge Seltzer didn't write any other books.

March certainly reads like it could be 'Blood Meridian' and I guess 'Silence of the Lambs' for Jan, though not a lot of clues there beyond 'requested' and 'horror'.

The first Feb book - no idea, what would merit a Roman Numeral edition? And what was the #1 requested book? Wish I could remember everything asked about on the survey.

Yeah, just saw that also. It was her debut novel so it fits like a glove, i was just about to post an edit.

Either way that would be so cool. 👌🏻

JeremyM
12-14-2020, 09:29 AM
The 2nd feb title I think will be Deliverance. It's the authors debut novel and I think the keyword in the tease is "breed" and there's a whole lot of inbreeding going on the that book from what I understand

Good guess, but it's signed by the author though, and Dickey passed on quite a while back.

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 09:30 AM
I think one Feb book is The Other by Thomas Tryon.

Noxus35
12-14-2020, 09:31 AM

Thomas Tryon isn't alive anymore if i'm not mistaken.

Nemoh21
12-14-2020, 09:33 AM
Well the only one I’m sure of is March. That is without a doubt Blood Meridian. I would guess January is Silence of the Lambs. It has to be a living author because it’s signed. As for February that’s where you lose me. I have no guess for the first book but I’m almost sure the 2nd one is interview with a vampire by Anne rice

GenericEric
12-14-2020, 09:33 AM
Yeah, the 2nd book in February sounds a lot like Interview with a Vampire

burgerhicks80
12-14-2020, 09:34 AM

Good guess, but it's signed by the author though, and Dickey passed on quite a while back.

good point I cant believe I missed that! My second guess is Jaws by Peter Benchley

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 09:34 AM

Thomas Tryon isn't alive anymore if i'm not mistaken.

AH. Ok. You’re right.

JeremyM
12-14-2020, 09:35 AM
'The Godsend' by Bernard Taylor for the 2nd Feb book could also fit.

JeremyM
12-14-2020, 09:36 AM

good point I cant believe I missed that! My second guess is Jaws by Peter Benchley

Afraid Benchley is also no longer with us.

Scoogs
12-14-2020, 09:38 AM
I'm thinking that the January book might be Interview with the Vampire by Ann Rice.

Yep, original publication date of CD's 40th Anniversary edition was supposed to be late 2016.
No artwork other than the DJ and a very standard design, so a Suntup version would be welcome.

Brian861
12-14-2020, 09:43 AM

Yep, original publication date of CD's 40th Anniversary edition was supposed to be late 2016.
No artwork other than the DJ and a very standard design, so a Suntup version would be welcome.

And you'll actually end up with the book.

MikeDuke
12-14-2020, 09:44 AM
Well, I have no guess but I am still very excited.

Tommy
12-14-2020, 09:46 AM
Anything by Thomas Harris I love and Blood Meridian is in my top ten but looks like I won't get to play. Shame, maybe I can sell something but I doubt it. Good luck to everyone that is lucky enough to get the beautiful books, bye.

GenericEric
12-14-2020, 09:46 AM
For the 1st book in February, I'm trying to remember the options from that survey and what could be the most requested book from it.

Lookwhoitis
12-14-2020, 09:49 AM
March is Blood Meridian.

:nana:

Nemoh21
12-14-2020, 09:58 AM
For the 1st book in February, I'm trying to remember the options from that survey and what could be the most requested book from it.

I’m pretty sure the survey we recently took was for titles in 2022. I think at the time he sent us that survey the books for 2021 were already in production so I think anything on that list won’t be published until 2022. I could be completely wrong. That’s just the way I read it. So it would have to be from the survey sent 2 years ago which I as not a part of at the time

GenericEric
12-14-2020, 10:05 AM

I’m pretty sure the survey we recently took was for titles in 2022. I think at the time he sent us that survey the books for 2021 were already in production so I think anything on that list won’t be published until 2022. I could be completely wrong. That’s just the way I read it. So it would have to be from the survey sent 2 years ago which I as not a part of at the time

You're probably right since Paul did say books that are announced have already been in the works for at least a year. So that survey was likely for 2022

webstar1000
12-14-2020, 10:40 AM
March is Blood Meridian.

Im not 100% sold on Silence.

JeremyM
12-14-2020, 10:58 AM

I'm not 100% certain either, but the bit about 'left readers hungry for more' makes me think it's the likely title.

Steelersfan
12-14-2020, 11:03 AM
There was survey in August 2019 and you were asked to name top 3 books so there was no list of authors to choose from. I googled it and redid survey!

My guesses are Silence of the Lambs, Dune, Interview With a Vampire, and Blood Meridian.

There have been some anniversary editions of Dune and Herbert family keeps a tight control on Frank Herbert's legacy but who knows. It was my request in recent survey and bunch of others request as well. The first February one is hard to nail down!

Noxus35
12-14-2020, 11:06 AM

I'm not 100% certain either, but the bit about 'left readers hungry for more' makes me think it's the likely title.

I'm also with you on this one, but for some strange reason i can't help but think that "hungry for more" might be linked to Clive Barker's The Hellbound Heart.

The first movie was a box-office hit and left movie-goers "hungry for more" , also the character Frank was hungry for more to aid him in his regeneration on earth.

JeremyM
12-14-2020, 11:08 AM
I've seen some folks ask about 'Island of Dr Moreau' and the previous Roman Numeral edition was also a Wells book, wonder if that's a possibility.

If it's 'Dune', that's a crowded field with FS coming out with their LE recently and Centipede release one early next year as well.

MikeDuke
12-14-2020, 01:03 PM
I don't think the Jan book will be Silence. I say this only because Paul has had a habit of saying "this the second book we have published by this author..." and he does not say that for the Jan book. But he does say that
for the March book. Just a thought.

MLG
12-14-2020, 01:04 PM
Just to stir the pot a little more.
We have already been told that the January title pre-order will go to those who purchased the December title. Both February titles mention the previous announcement date as carrying the pre-order rights. The March release states that this title is 'our second release by the author' and specifically does not state that the prior month would provide pre-sale rights. Instead it states 'Matching Number Pre-Orders for owners of the previous title will also begin at this time.' While that could be the second February title it could also mean the last previous release from this author. If it is that latter this would be a King release. Paul has also mentioned multiple books in process at over 1,000 pages. The Stand or It could fit the description.
Just a thought, I could be wrong.

scottb
12-14-2020, 01:14 PM
We have already been told that the January title pre-order will go to those who purchased the December title. Both February titles mention the previous announcement date as carrying the pre-order rights. The March release states that this title is 'our second release by the author' and specifically does not state that the prior month would provide pre-sale rights. Instead it states 'Matching Number Pre-Orders for owners of the previous title will also begin at this time.' While that could be the second February title it could also mean the last previous release from this author. If it is that latter this would be a King release. Paul has also mentioned multiple books in process at over 1,000 pages. The Stand or It could fit the description.

Interesting. The Stand is considered by a lot of people to be King's best book but is it one of the greatest achievements of American literature? Blood Meridian fits that description and has been bizarrely neglected by fine press. It seems like it would be a huge seller for any fine press and worthy of being given the highest level of production suggested by the post. Of course, I'll take another King any day.

GenericEric
12-14-2020, 01:21 PM
The Stand is the next Cemetery Dance release after Night Shift, but since it is Cemetery Dance that might not see the light of day until 2023 or beyond.

I'm still sticking with Blood Meridian for March.

scottb
12-14-2020, 01:21 PM

That is incredible.

I don’t think there are that many buyers for a numbered king regardless of the production at that price. The market would flood and tank the values.

Maybe. I didn’t think it would hit 8k... yet there is multiple sales and above now. The amount of $$ for
Collectables during a pandemic And economic slow down.. just astounds me.

Me too. I missed out on Misery at publication and purchased it much later. I've questioned my thinking on spending so much money for it many times but prices have nearly double since then. I've never bought a book as an investment. It will be interesting to see where this peaks and if/when it starts decreasing in value how far it falls. Could it be one of those that is still commanding a premium in fifty years? Or, is it only about the rights to the next King book? Time will tell.

MikeDuke
12-14-2020, 01:25 PM
I have a feeling it's not a King book now. After re-reading the description, it says that it is signed by the author of the intro and artist. I would think that if it were a King book it would also be
signed by him. To me that sort of leans to a McCarty book since he did not sign The Road.

JeremyM
12-14-2020, 01:26 PM

Interesting. The Stand is considered by a lot of people to be King's best book but is it one of the greatest achievements of American literature? Blood Meridian fits that description and has been bizarrely neglected by fine press. It seems like it would be a huge seller for any fine press and worthy of being given the highest level of production suggested by the post. Of course, I'll take another King any day.

The March book isn't signed by the author, I'd think that would argue against it being a King novel. Additionally this wording 'f there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only' - leads me believe that it means right are carrying over from the late Feb book, which also has a limitation of 350.

MLG
12-14-2020, 01:39 PM

The March book isn't signed by the author, I'd think that would argue against it being a King novel. Additionally this wording 'f there are any copies of the Lettered or Numbered editions remaining after the Matching Number Pre-Orders, depending on quantities, these copies may be made available to purchase by lottery only' - leads me believe that it means right are carrying over from the late Feb book, which also has a limitation of 350.

So if King states he will not do another signed edition should Paul no longer produce King editions?
Is the fact that the Numbered is being produced at the Lettered level meant to remove the sting of King's next release not bearing King's signature? Your quote on the quantities is a valid discrepancy to my thoughts.

Scoogs
12-14-2020, 04:17 PM
I've seen some folks ask about 'Island of Dr Moreau' and the previous Roman Numeral edition was also a Wells book, wonder if that's a possibility.

If it's 'Dune', that's a crowded field with FS coming out with their LE recently and Centipede release one early next year as well.

It won't be Dune. Pretty sure he posted in this thread a few months ago saying that he would not be pursuing the series out or respect for Jerad.

St. Troy
12-14-2020, 04:20 PM
Financially, I suppose I should be grateful: Paul continues to manage to avoid choosing titles I would buy (of course, if budget and shelf space permitted, I’d have sprung for like 8 - interesting word there, “sprung”). To be clear: this is NOT a criticism; individually and collectively, the choices are interesting and the blend is impressive (and the books themselves...you know all about those).

GenericEric
12-14-2020, 04:31 PM
Anyone need a Gently Used kidney? I might have to sell one of mine to stay on the numbered train in 2021

webstar1000
12-14-2020, 04:32 PM
Anyone need a Gently Used kidney? I might have to sell one of mine to stay on the numbered train in 2021

You sell the ones you don’t want though no?

GenericEric
12-14-2020, 04:34 PM

I do, but I have a feeling I'm going to want to keep quite a few of them in 2021. The extra money I have usually goes toward the artist editions.

RichardX
12-14-2020, 04:35 PM
Financially, I suppose I should be grateful: Paul continues to manage to avoid choosing titles I would buy (of course, if budget and shelf space permitted, I’d have sprung for like 8 - interesting word there, “sprung”). To be clear: this is NOT a criticism; individually and collectively, the choices are interesting and the blend is impressive (and the books themselves...you know all about those).

That has largely been the case for me as well. The production values are outstanding on every book but if the underlying book is not one that I'm interested in, then I'll pass. And that has been the case recently. But not everyone likes the same things. I'm holding out for Haruki Murakami or Michel Faber.

GenericEric
12-14-2020, 04:37 PM
I think we'll be getting a Suntup edition of Murakami at the end of 2021 or early 2022.

Now who knows which book it'll be. He has a lot of great ones to choose from.

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 04:40 PM

I lost my job last week so I’m sure I won’t be able to keep my stranglehold on number 23. I’ll have to share custody to stay on the train.

MikeDuke
12-14-2020, 04:42 PM
I am not a seller but if I were, of the ones I have physically in my hands now, I would probably sell Horns and that's it. Of the ones that are not out know, it would probably be LTROI. All the other ones I
want. But part of me wants a complete non-King track collection. I like all the other ones I have and the AE as well. So I plan on staying on board no matter what.

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 04:44 PM
I am not a seller but if I were, of the ones I have physically in my hands now, I would probably sell Horns and that's it. Of the ones that are not out know, it would probably be LTROI. All the other ones I
want. But part of me wants a complete non-King track collection. I like all the other ones I have and the AE as well. So I plan on staying on board no matter what.

I couldn’t ever sell Horns. Looking at my shelf now, I couldn’t ever sell any of them.

MikeDuke
12-14-2020, 04:45 PM

I lost my job last week so I’m sure I won’t be able to keep my stranglehold on number 23. I’ll have to share custody to stay on the train.

Damn Jeff. Very sorry to hear this. Are there other ones you could sell first before you get to the Suntup part of your collection?

webstar1000
12-14-2020, 04:46 PM

Shit no dude!! Any chance or another one?

MikeDuke
12-14-2020, 04:47 PM

I couldn’t ever sell Horns. Looking at my shelf now, I couldn’t ever sell any of them.

Upon further reflection, I agree. I would not sell any.

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 04:48 PM

Damn Jeff. Very sorry to hear this. Are there other ones you could sell first before you get to the Suntup part of your collection?

Yeah I’m doing ok. I’ve been selling other books to keep the book budget fat. I’m staying on at least until the January release. Hopefully I’ll fool someone else into paying me on the regular by February.

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 04:50 PM

Yeah I’m cooling it until the calendar says 2021. Then I’ll hit the network and see what opportunities are out there. 2020 is not a year of beginnings.

webstar1000
12-14-2020, 04:50 PM

Yeah I’m cooling it until the calendar says 2021. Then I’ll hit the network and see what opportunities are out there. 2020 is not a year of beginnings.

Best of luck dude

MikeDuke
12-14-2020, 04:51 PM
Wishing you lots of luck in your job quest.

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 04:54 PM

Best of luck dude

Thank you. I’ve been a very lucky guy. I’m sure 2021 will be a better year.

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 04:55 PM
Wishing you lots of luck in your job quest.

I really appreciate that Mike.

And I’m sorry to derail this thread. So let’s get back to the joy!!

MLG
12-14-2020, 04:59 PM

So sorry to hear that Jeff. 2020 has sucked on unimaginable levels! Best of luck and If I can help in any way let me know!

GenericEric
12-14-2020, 05:05 PM
Book collecting has been one of the only good things in my life in 2020 even though it's made my wallet much lighter.

That calming warm sensation when you pull an immaculate work of art off your self and take in all it's glory. There is truly nothing like it.

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 05:07 PM

So sorry to hear that Jeff. 2020 has sucked on unimaginable levels! Best of luck and If I can help in any way let me know!

Thanks Martin. Your friendship is worth the most.

zelig
12-14-2020, 05:16 PM
Our Numbered edition of this title has been produced at the level of a Lettered edition.

No, definitely not. I wouldn't do that to anyone. It's a larger print run than a Lettered, so there's some savings there. But don't expect regular Numbered pricing.

zelig
12-14-2020, 05:16 PM
Jeff, sorry to hear about the job.

jeffingoff
12-14-2020, 05:22 PM
Jeff, sorry to hear about the job.

Thanks Paul. It’s a temporary setback. And I’m not alone. It’s definitely been a crappy year for many.

CyberGhostface
12-14-2020, 07:49 PM

No, definitely not. I wouldn't do that to anyone. It's a larger print run than a Lettered, so there's some savings there. But don't expect regular Numbered pricing.

Thank you for the response. I had seen it asked on CD so just wanted to check if I could afford it.

Lookwhoitis
12-14-2020, 09:56 PM
There was survey in August 2019 and you were asked to name top 3 books so there was no list of authors to choose from. I googled it and redid survey!

My guesses are Silence of the Lambs, Dune, Interview With a Vampire, and Blood Meridian.

There have been some anniversary editions of Dune and Herbert family keeps a tight control on Frank Herbert's legacy but who knows. It was my request in recent survey and bunch of others request as well. The first February one is hard to nail down!

Unsure why everyone keeps suggesting Dune when Centipede Press has had that one in the works for a while.

and by the way, GO STEELERS!

zachip
12-15-2020, 09:44 AM
so if march is blood meridian, as the owner of 'the road', I will not be able to purchase it because I'm forced to buy previous month limited?
I thought at least owners of previous limited (that doesn't have gift edition) from same author (especially for caliber as cormac) will get a first crack? bummer.

webstar1000
12-15-2020, 09:50 AM
so if march is blood meridian, as the owner of 'the road', I will not be able to purchase it because I'm forced to buy previous month limited?
I thought at least owners of previous limited (that doesn't have gift edition) from same author (especially for caliber as cormac) will get a first crack? bummer.

IT has never been like that... sorry:(

Joe315
12-15-2020, 09:59 AM

There are only two tracks. King limiteds is the first. Every other book is the second. If you have the previous release you get first crack at the next (dependent on print count of course).

GenericEric
12-15-2020, 10:32 AM
If March is Blood Meridian, there's likely going to be quite a few owners of The Road that don't have their number anymore trying to buy it on the secondary market.

The 350 print run helps, but it will definitely be one of the more sought after Suntup releases.

Also, after looking at the wiki article for Blood Meridian, this is pulled directly from the article:

Blood Meridian initially received little recognition, but has since been recognized as a masterpiece and one of the greatest works of American literature

So March is definitely going to be Blood Meridian.

Aremag
12-15-2020, 10:43 AM
Always exciting to know you have a new Suntup box waiting for you at home.

scottb
12-15-2020, 11:35 AM
If March is Blood Meridian, there's likely going to be quite a few owners of The Road that don't have their number anymore trying to buy it on the secondary market.

The 350 print run helps, but it will definitely be one of the more sought after Suntup releases.

Also, after looking at the wiki article for Blood Meridian, this is pulled directly from the article:

Blood Meridian initially received little recognition, but has since been recognized as a masterpiece and one of the greatest works of American literature

I think you are right. It is also violent, gripping, and exquisitely written. I don't think there are any other American authors that have one Suntup Edition who've written a work considered one of the greatest achievements in American literature. I might make the argument for the Dark Tower as a series but....

MikeDuke
12-15-2020, 11:42 AM
I will say it again. I love that "have you moved" email. Now I have two working there way to me. The world doesn't end and Biiblio. Can't beat that with a stick.

jeffingoff
12-15-2020, 11:44 AM
Got two packages currently incoming from Irvine, CA. And now the Bibliomysteries “Have you moved?” email. This is all the anti-depressant I need! Well, these books and the meds I’m already taking. Seriously this is sweet sweet relief.

jeffingoff
12-15-2020, 11:44 AM
I will say it again. I love that "have you moved" email. Now I have two working there way to me. The world doesn't end and Biiblio. Can't beat that with a stick.

Are we the same person?? Hahahaha great minds and all that.

MikeDuke
12-15-2020, 11:52 AM

Are we the same person?? Hahahaha great minds and all that.

No Jeff. You are the man. I am just the man behind the man trying to be the man. Hopefully we will get tracking for Biblio soon because that, I don't have.

webstar1000
12-15-2020, 11:55 AM
Like IM confused here... HOW MANY BOOKS ARE COMING? LOL

MikeDuke
12-15-2020, 12:04 PM
Enough to keep me happy.

jeffingoff
12-15-2020, 12:07 PM

A near overdose of Suntup Editions.

MikeDuke
12-15-2020, 12:16 PM

A near overdose of Suntup Editions.

On the only cure is more cow bell,
I mean more Suntup books.
Plus a book from CP on it's way for me. What a way to end the year.

Brian861
12-15-2020, 12:20 PM

There's a really nice secondary market developing out there as well for folks wanting certain books without rights. A great group of buyers/sellers on the FB group.

Hunchback Jack
12-15-2020, 12:45 PM

I have two books and a dragon coming.

HBJ

Hunchback Jack
12-15-2020, 12:48 PM
And I really need to sell some (non-Suntup) books. I have run out of space on my Suntup shelf, and already have a couple of titles sitting in boxes instead of on the shelf. Criminal.

HBJ

Randall Flagg
12-15-2020, 01:33 PM
Not sure, but some people are receiving the Red Dragon statue.

Aremag
12-15-2020, 02:09 PM
I have The World Doesn’t End waiting for me at home and Bibliomysteries shipping soon. No statue for me.

Patrick
12-15-2020, 02:53 PM
WORLD arrived today. It is lovely. And then I received the address confirmation email for BIBLIO. This is a good day.

BrooklynAnn
12-15-2020, 03:30 PM
My guesses: Jan: Silence of the Lambs. (Yes, I know, he didn't say "from an author we've published before," but he could be tricking us.) And yes, I think Silence of the Lambs would be considered a BIG book because of the way us Suntup fans have been getting excited in the FB comments about the possibility)

Feb 6th: The Exorcist. (my 2nd guess is Jurassic Park) Fight Club would have been a guess, but I agree with others that the last survey we got was for 2022.

Feb 25th: Interview With The Vampire

March: Blood Meridian

Slightly bummed that no hints lead to The Color Purple, Handmaid's Tale, or The Pillars of the Earth, but the titles this coming quarter have some AWESOME possibilities AND there's always next quarter. :dance:

jeffingoff
12-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Paul is bringing the MADNESS to March.

Aremag
12-15-2020, 03:58 PM
Just opened the box with The World Doesn't End and it is another lovely edition to the Suntup lineup....dare I say it is bold in its simplicity. It made me chuckle that the slipcase is heavier than the book and it appears both signatures are in pencil but I could be mistaken.

BrooklynAnn
12-15-2020, 04:00 PM
I sold mine to someone who wanted it a lot more, but since I have to open it and make sure it's undamaged, I'll get to hold it and take a peek at least. :D

jeffingoff
12-15-2020, 04:46 PM
Now a shipping notice for Biblio?? F**k yes.

zelig
12-15-2020, 05:20 PM

You have it all wrong. The March book is going to be a novel which I wrote. How has no one guessed that, given the clues above!?

Please excuse my pitiful humor. All this shipping has scrambled my brain.

Regarding Bibliomysteries, I feel that I should mention this again. I've seen a couple comments about being excited to see the "cigar-style" box. Please know that this is simply a term used to describe the structure of the box, and not a comment on the design. Just want to make sure that is understood. It's a great looking box, don't get me wrong, but it's not meant to look like an actual cigar box. And by all means, please continue to be excited!

Carry on...

P.S. Brooklyn, Purple is not going to happen.

BrooklynAnn
12-15-2020, 05:55 PM

You have it all wrong. The March book is going to be a novel which I wrote. How has no one guessed that, given the clues above!?

Please excuse my pitiful humor. All this shipping has scrambled my brain.

Regarding Bibliomysteries, I feel that I should mention this again. I've seen a couple comments about being excited to see the "cigar-style" box. Please know that this is simply a term used to describe the structure of the box, and not a comment on the design. Just want to make sure that is understood. It's a great looking box, don't get me wrong, but it's not meant to look like an actual cigar box. And by all means, please continue to be excited!

Carry on...

P.S. Brooklyn, Purple is not going to happen.

I shall have a moment of silence to mourn the loss of the prospect of an Alice Walker signed limited. Then I shall move on to other favorite books to add to my wishlist and keep on reading to discover new favorites. :heart:

BadHatHarry
12-16-2020, 05:36 AM
Since we're talking "great American literature," I'll do my quarterly check in - any chance it's Calvin & Hobbes?

GypsyDRB
12-16-2020, 06:51 AM
Since we're talking "great American literature," I'll do my quarterly check in - any chance it's Calvin & Hobbes? Thank you for the laugh...and I loved them growing up.

MikeDuke
12-16-2020, 06:57 AM
Got the biblio email. Can't wait. The end of the year is going to be book bonanza for me.

webstar1000
12-16-2020, 07:24 AM
New case I had made for misery proof....
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201216/a3a034d3f122d4239a9760037663134b.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201216/4fcf83e12ef954a93007631ecc67f1f7.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201216/750d693262d3195009ba359b3c0b2efc.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201216/e5cf196362b85419b8825121ae34cb62.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201216/c6115abec7e28915c4e0e9fd7ed759bf.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201216/2989a82a0d828fa90c677f760156cc32.jpg

MikeDuke
12-16-2020, 07:30 AM
Wow, that looks really sharp Kris.

Patrick
12-16-2020, 09:21 AM
Now I want to go find a MISERY proof just so I’d have an excuse to buy that traycase.

Plus I love Suntup proofs/ARCs.

Brian861
12-16-2020, 09:24 AM
Tote bag is up.

Randall Flagg
12-16-2020, 09:32 AM
That's a gorgeous case Kris. Congratulations.

GenericEric
12-16-2020, 09:49 AM
Beautiful traycase. Nicely done, Kris!

BadHatHarry
12-16-2020, 10:24 AM
Since we're talking "great American literature," I'll do my quarterly check in - any chance it's Calvin & Hobbes? Thank you for the laugh...and I loved them growing up.

Calvin and Hobbes is phenomenal and I think it stacks up against (and betters) most novels.

BadHatHarry
12-16-2020, 10:25 AM
Is there any way to confirm the end-of-year gift and that you've qualified and all is set?

amd013
12-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Tote bag is up.

Hi Paul,

If you do a shot glass, highball/tumbler, whiskey glass or beer mug, I am in!

BrooklynAnn
12-16-2020, 11:26 AM

Since we're talking "great American literature," I'll do my quarterly check in - any chance it's Calvin & Hobbes?

I mean, it's a widespread fan theory that Fight Club is Calvin and Hobbes all grown up, so it's not impossible. ;)

OMG Kris, that binding and traycase has me breathless.

And yay for tote bags!

Ari_Racing
12-16-2020, 11:28 AM
Very nice case. :)

Cook
12-16-2020, 11:33 AM
Very nice case. :)

Agreed, very nice :thumbsup:

zelig
12-16-2020, 12:53 PM
Is there any way to confirm the end-of-year gift and that you've qualified and all is set?

Not at the moment. If anything changes, I'll let everyone know.

Tote bag is up.

Hi Paul,

Good idea. Maybe down the line sometime.

Brian861
12-16-2020, 03:33 PM

Not at the moment. If anything changes, I'll let everyone know.

Tote bag is up.

Hi Paul,

Good idea. Maybe down the line sometime.

Suntup already has a shot glass :)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1801/0657/products/se_mug_1_large.jpg?v=1542568239

Hunchback Jack
12-16-2020, 04:31 PM
HA! Nice one.

Garrell
12-16-2020, 06:11 PM
Nice rebound and case Kris

jeffingoff
12-16-2020, 06:40 PM
Got my copy of The World Doesn’t End today. It is such a beautifully elegant book. I love it. And can’t wait to experience it. Well done!

George at C-Springs
12-16-2020, 06:56 PM
Hi Paul,

Seconded! I have 501 shot glasses and still working on it!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20190826_212458.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/20190826_220707.png

Splync
12-17-2020, 07:29 AM
The World Doesn't End arrived and it is astounding!

It was also the most I've had with an unboxing, as I did the whole thing in rhyming verse.

https://youtu.be/yQsGFYuFLNI

Patrick
12-17-2020, 08:17 AM
That’s an impressive collection, George.

It was also the most I've had with an unboxing, as I did the whole thing in rhyming verse.

Outstanding!

becca69
12-17-2020, 08:36 AM

Two thumbs up 👍👍

stroppygoblin
12-17-2020, 09:12 AM

Bravo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

playdohman
12-17-2020, 10:47 AM
For anyone still looking for one the Suntup site shows 2 The World Doesn't End numbered editions available as of 12:45 PM CST

BadHatHarry
12-17-2020, 11:58 AM
Love The World Doesn't End! The contrast between the colors in the slipcase and the book is great.

I may have missed this, but is there a reason why the spine doesn't say "Suntup Editions" on it?

MikeDuke
12-17-2020, 12:00 PM
You guys are killing me. I am still waiting for mine.

jeffingoff
12-17-2020, 12:01 PM

Almost every package I have coming from USPS is arriving late. It’s that time of year.

MikeDuke
12-17-2020, 12:12 PM

Almost every package I have coming from USPS is arriving late. It’s that time of year.

If all goes as planned, I should get my books next week plus another one I ordered. So it could be a very good week.

playdohman
12-17-2020, 12:18 PM
For anyone still looking for one the Suntup site shows 2 The World Doesn't End numbered editions available as of 12:45 PM CST

Now it is down to 1.

MikeDuke
12-17-2020, 12:26 PM
OH wow. All versions of Starship Troopers and Stanger in a Strange land are sold out. And six lettered The world doesn't end are left.

Dr. Dawg
12-17-2020, 12:51 PM
I'm loving "The World Doesn't End." It's very tactile- that Japanese cloth on both the slipcase and the cover are amazing! After reading through part of it, I think that the size of the letterpress works really well. I'm enjoying the text much more than I thought I would, and this is towards the top of my favorite Suntup editions- really has pleasantly surprised me!

jeffingoff
12-17-2020, 12:59 PM
I'm loving "The World Doesn't End." It's very tactile- that Japanese cloth on both the slipcase and the cover are amazing! After reading through part of it, I think that the size of the letterpress works really well. I'm enjoying the text much more than I thought I would, and this is towards the top of my favorite Suntup editions- really has pleasantly surprised me!

I agree. And I had that same reaction to The Lottery. It’s a nice variation in the Suntup experience. I could imagine this same sort of treatment for Hellbound Heart. Not the same paper, but something that feels intimate in this way.

Dr. Dawg
12-18-2020, 07:04 AM
Another Suntup package just arrived! USPS is out early with a 6:30 am delivery... with all of these December deliveries, it’s like a Suntup themed Advent calendar. Bibliomysteries will have to wait until later today!

playdohman
12-18-2020, 10:51 AM
I noticed that on the numbered The World Doesn’t End that "Suntup Editions" is not on the spine of the book or anywhere on the case. On all other numbered editions it appears on the book spine and/or somewhere on the case.

Joe315
12-18-2020, 11:48 AM
I noticed that on the numbered The World Doesn’t End that "Suntup Editions" is not on the spine of the book or anywhere on the case. On all other numbered editions it appears on the book spine and/or somewhere on the case.

Don’t think it’s on HoHH either. Not home to confirm though.

jeffingoff
12-18-2020, 11:51 AM

Don’t think it’s on HoHH either. Not home to confirm though.

Correct. Not on HoHH or The Lottery. It is on The Lottery and HoHH slipcases.

Brian861
12-18-2020, 06:08 PM
Sorry, buddy but gotta put you on the spot here. Love ya, man, so well deserved. And that Paul dude can be ok at times too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZc9y8IsFRs

BrooklynAnn
12-18-2020, 06:20 PM
Not gonna lie, I choked up when watching your video, Jeff. I still don't know how you kept breathing after the shock of opening that incredible treasure. It's so beautiful and I thank you for adding all those closeup pics!

Hunchback Jack
12-18-2020, 06:42 PM
Congrats, Jeff! What an incredible gift. And well deserved. Happy for you, man.

And much credit to Paul and the team for the amazing generosity.

Aremag
12-18-2020, 07:48 PM
Congrats Jeff...well deserved and thanks to Paul for his generosity and support of his fans.

MikeDuke
12-19-2020, 07:16 AM
That was a great video Jeff. Well deserved for all you do for Suntup. It looks amazing.

amd013
12-19-2020, 10:03 AM
Meh, a true fan would have eaten the Great Red Dragon art!

Just kidding, great video, congrats Jeff!

Noxus35
12-19-2020, 10:38 AM
So, some people mentioned on facebook that "there's a blank book that accompanies Bibliomysteries. I haven't seen the book itself yet nor have i seen pictures of it", can someone confirm this?

Ps: don't read the spoiler if you don't want to know. 😉

jeffingoff
12-19-2020, 10:40 AM
Sorry, buddy but gotta put you on the spot here. Love ya, man, so well deserved. And that Paul dude can be ok at times too :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZc9y8IsFRs

Not gonna lie, I choked up when watching your video, Jeff. I still don't know how you kept breathing after the shock of opening that incredible treasure. It's so beautiful and I thank you for adding all those closeup pics!

Congrats, Jeff! What an incredible gift. And well deserved. Happy for you, man.

And much credit to Paul and the team for the amazing generosity.

Congrats Jeff...well deserved and thanks to Paul for his generosity and support of his fans.

That was a great video Jeff. Well deserved for all you do for Suntup. It looks amazing.

Meh, a true fan would have eaten the Great Red Dragon art!

Just kidding, great video, congrats Jeff!

Thank you all! I'm glad to share this joy and add it back into the amazing Suntup community. It's beyond amazing what Paul and Rebecca and Simon and Kris and Jerome and so many have built. Really it's been a lifesaver. I don't say that lightly.

Stay happy and healthy my friends.

Br!an
12-19-2020, 10:44 AM
So, some people mentioned on facebook that "there's a blank book that accompanies Bibliomysteries. I haven't seen the book itself yet nor have i seen pictures of it", can someone confirm this?

Yes. I'll take a pic.

Noxus35
12-19-2020, 10:45 AM

Yes. I'll take a pic.

Great, don't forget the spoiler tag haha 😉

Br!an
12-19-2020, 10:50 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/bibliomysteries.jpg?7118

Dr. Dawg
12-19-2020, 10:51 AM
Over on Facebook, I speculated that it’s a “dummy” paperback that sits on a trapdoor and hides the true-very nice- S/L underneath. I spent the night wondering if my paperback missed the printing process somehow. It’s apparently blank.

Noxus35
12-19-2020, 10:53 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/bibliomysteries.jpg?7118

Thank you very much Brian, amazing!

Noxus35
12-19-2020, 10:55 AM
Over on Facebook, I speculated that it’s a “dummy” paperback that sits on a trapdoor and hides the true-very nice- S/L underneath. I spent the night wondering if my paperback missed the printing process somehow. It’s apparently blank.

Yeah, i would do the same with this. "I wonder what it's for, taking notes or something completely different? I wonder. Invisible ink shown only by UV or black light? 😬"