PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

becca69
02-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Did I miss something or the shipping cost is not mentionned? What about international orders?

All shipping is excluded in the price. International shipping is available.

Thanks, but that doesnt tell me anything that I didnt guess so far :P

Sorry, I don't know the prices for international.

ICry4Oy
02-08-2018, 10:49 AM
In all of the INCREDIBLE EXCITEMENT of this, EOTD Portfolio owners, don't forget this info included in the link:

Important: If you would like to match your number and/or letter, you must submit this form no later than 9PM Pacific on Friday, February 9th. You will receive a reply back with a private order link on Saturday, February 10th no later than 12PM Pacific to pre-order your matching number and/or letter.

becca69
02-08-2018, 10:50 AM
Here is that Misery matching form: https://suntup.press/matching-misery/

RC65
02-08-2018, 10:57 AM
This puts to an end the hand-wringing indecision I was having over PS Pub's THE TOMMYKNOCKERS...I can't afford both and vastly prefer this LE of MISERY for both content and production, so I can now gladly put that indecision to bed. I was hoping someday someone would do a limited of MISERY...this looks to be an absolutely incredible realization of that wish. Just need to decide which MISERY edition (Gift or #d) to opt for...so more hand-wringing for at least a few more days.

swintek
02-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Wow. Congrats, Paul! How amazingly cool. Very happy for you and your press. Gotta have a numbered one of these! On that.. it sounds like most, if not all, of the 185 "available" will more than likely be already spoken for by owners (or brand new purchasers) of the EOTD Portfolio? Is that correct?

Ron

peripheral
02-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Epic. Amazing. New benchmark set...

burial
02-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Why is no one talking about the penguin? I seriously want one of those! Along with a numbered edition :biggrin:

I hadn't previously gotten the EOTD portfolio only because I don't have the disposable income for everything. I had to opt out of Rebound because I couldn't swing IT. However, I REALLY want this. If I am reading everyone's comments correctly, if I buy EOTD I will get an early link for Misery? Or is this for people who have already bought it? I did go back and read the email carefully and it looks as if you can still purchase EOTD and get an early link but I need someone to 'splain please before I spend the extra $$
Thank you.

As I uderstand... people who bought numbers 1-185 od EOTD will be first to match their number... then MAYBE those with higher numbers - because EOTD portfolio was limited to 300.

I have no idea how much did sell
Ah, thank you. If someone told me that less than 185 EOTD's sold right now I would go buy one. I'm afraid there aren't going to be many numbered editions left after everyone matches. Rightfully so.

You have until tomorrow evening at 9PM PST to order a EOTD Portfolio. There are still numbers below 185 available. So you can get one and get Misery before that deadline. Hope this helps.

is it confirmed that numbers lower than 185 are available?

BTW shipping portfolio Europe is $110 :/

ICry4Oy
02-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Why is no one talking about the penguin? I seriously want one of those! Along with a numbered edition :biggrin:

I hadn't previously gotten the EOTD portfolio only because I don't have the disposable income for everything. I had to opt out of Rebound because I couldn't swing IT. However, I REALLY want this. If I am reading everyone's comments correctly, if I buy EOTD I will get an early link for Misery? Or is this for people who have already bought it? I did go back and read the email carefully and it looks as if you can still purchase EOTD and get an early link but I need someone to 'splain please before I spend the extra $$
Thank you.

As I uderstand... people who bought numbers 1-185 od EOTD will be first to match their number... then MAYBE those with higher numbers - because EOTD portfolio was limited to 300.

I have no idea how much did sell
Ah, thank you. If someone told me that less than 185 EOTD's sold right now I would go buy one. I'm afraid there aren't going to be many numbered editions left after everyone matches. Rightfully so.

You have until tomorrow evening at 9PM PST to order a EOTD Portfolio. There are still numbers below 185 available. So you can get one and get Misery before that deadline. Hope this helps.

is it confirmed that numbers lower than 185 are available?

BTW shipping portfolio Europe is $110 :/

They were available about 30 minutes ago when I got one, but I'll be surprised if they last.

amd013
02-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Hmmm, so if you order an EOTD today, will you be told immediately what # you are getting? I didn't know until mine arrived, so if you don't know before hand, how can you match your number? Just asking for those who don't already have one.

Beverly Marsh
02-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Hmmm, so if you order an EOTD today, will you be told immediately what # you are getting? I didn't know until mine arrived, so if you don't know before hand, how can you match your number? Just asking for those who don't already have one.

I need to know this as well. ASAP please!

Room 217 Caretaker
02-08-2018, 11:24 AM

I need to know this as well. ASAP please!

I'm trying to get answers on that as well.

Mulleins

richardsrarebooks
02-08-2018, 11:25 AM
When I ordered mine there was a space that read, "number not known, just ordered portfolio". I checked that and submitted the form. Hope it works!

ICry4Oy
02-08-2018, 11:27 AM
When I ordered mine there was a space that read, "number not known, just ordered portfolio". I checked that and submitted the form. Hope it works!

Same here.

RC65
02-08-2018, 11:32 AM
Anyone have insight into the "highly limited" limitation of the Gift Edition? 500? 750? 1000? More...?

becca69
02-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Here is an update:
"PLEASE ALSO NOTE: We cannot provide you with any specific number that you will receive below 185. The inventory in the web store is set to the exact number of available copies that are below 185, so when it says sold out, then there are no more. When you receive the private pre-order link, you will be provided with your #."

Any order today or tomorrow will be under 185. Just make sure you fill out the form after purchase and select "number not known, just ordered portfolio".
Link: https://suntup.press/matching-misery/

webstar1000
02-08-2018, 11:35 AM
Anyone have insight into the "highly limited" limitation of the Gift Edition? 500? 750? 1000? More...?

Guessing under 500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T-Dogz_AK47
02-08-2018, 11:35 AM
<<<<<< Just joined the EOTD Portfolio club. :D

biomieg
02-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Seriously considering getting the signed/numbered edition... for the first time since I've been collecting King.

zelig
02-08-2018, 11:38 AM
https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/giphy-downsized.gif

The Library Policeman
By the way, those who order portfolios won’t be disappointed. They’re beautiful!

ICry4Oy
The Lettered Misery (IMO) is right up there, if not above, the "Coffin" The Stand. I imagine Paul is pretty overwhelmed with comments/requests/inquiries today! :pullhair: :lol:

becca69
02-08-2018, 11:39 AM
Seriously considering getting the signed/numbered edition... for the first time since I've been collecting King.

You won't be sorry!

Beverly Marsh
<<<<<< Just joined the EOTD Portfolio club. :D

Same :excited:

burial
shit... my wife will kill me

becca69
02-08-2018, 11:40 AM
The Lettered Misery (IMO) is right up there, if not above, the "Coffin" The Stand. I imagine Paul is pretty overwhelmed with comments/requests/inquiries today! :pullhair: :lol:

This! :rofl:

lotuz
02-08-2018, 11:41 AM

Not a bad problem to have as a business - "Everyone wants my product!!!"

Still, I don't envy you in the next couple days...

St. Troy
02-08-2018, 11:42 AM
I want to hear about tracking down all those old typewriters...

wolfehr
02-08-2018, 11:47 AM

Not a bad problem to have as a business - "Everyone wants my product!!!"

Still, I don't envy you in the next couple days...

Haha, yeah, one of those good problems that doesn’t quite seem that way in the moment.

Best of luck Paul! You’re doing a killer job on everything. I agree with others that this looks like it’s going to be on par with productions like The Stand and Lettered Regulators.

Summited my request for a matching letter (possibly twice in my paranoia) :)

I’m also curious about how you acquired all those old typewriter keys.

biomieg
I want to hear about tracking down all those old typewriters...

Hah! The same thought crossed my mind as well. I'm sure Paul will provide a glimpse of the behind-the-scenes work when the dust has settled.

T-Dogz_AK47
Paul, will the #s on the limitation page be printed like Centipede Press or will they be numbered by hand? :smile:

I quite like the way Centipede Press do their numbering, so I'm hoping they will be printed....:thumbsup:

burial
ok... so everyone who has Eotd portfolio is eligible for an early preorder but only those with numbers lower than185 have a chance to match.

ok... that changes it all... a bit.
because if eotd sold more that 185 (and now i'm sure it did) it will still be a race to order during secret auction

EDIT:
now i believe i was wrong

Ben Mears
02-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Wow. Congrats, Paul! How amazingly cool. Very happy for you and your press.

+1

lotuz
02-08-2018, 11:51 AM
ok... so everyone who has Eotd portfolio is eligible for an early preorder but only those with numbers lower than185 have a chance to match.

because if eotd sold more that 185 (and now i'm sure it did) it will still be a race to order during secret auction

Here is an update:
"PLEASE ALSO NOTE: We cannot provide you with any specific number that you will receive below 185. The inventory in the web store is set to the exact number of available copies that are below 185, so when it says sold out, then there are no more. When you receive the private pre-order link, you will be provided with your #."

Not sure where Becca got that update but that might give some more info.

Beverly Marsh
02-08-2018, 11:52 AM
shit... my wife will kill me

One of the many reasons that I am happy to be single! :smile_002:

FlyerPhan0826
02-08-2018, 11:53 AM
Looks like I now also own an EOTD portfolio. No way could I miss an opportunity to own this edition of Misery!

biomieg
02-08-2018, 11:55 AM

You won't be sorry!

I definitely won't be sorry. I gave it some thought after posting and I think the reason is that, as far as signed/limited editions go, I've always been drawn to the 'classics' and the more understated limiteds. I have zero interest in any of the limited editions that were issued after I started collecting and became aware of the concept of high-end books (circa 2006). This is the first limited edition that I will be able to buy at issue price and that actually triggers my collector senses.

I have a few days left to ponder and decide.. :smile:

Beverly Marsh
02-08-2018, 11:56 AM

Here is an update:

It's on the Misery private link form. To me, it looks as if you have a number under 185 there shouldn't be a scramble because you will get an order link to match your number. At least I hope that I am correct in this assumption. He offered portfolios numbered under 185 between today and tomorrow and once those numbers are gone I believe it will be marked as sold. That's what I understand from becca's explanation.

Beverly Marsh
02-08-2018, 11:58 AM
I logged on to Suntup Press just a minute ago to check and see if they were gone and it's just been spinning and spinning. Seems to me the site is blowing up! Glad I ordered when I did!

And I'm really excited for you Paul.

becca69
02-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Yes, anyone with portfolios under 185 will be able to match their copy of Misery, whether you bought it last year, today or tomorrow before 9PM PST and as long as you have submitted the matching form.

Tommy
02-08-2018, 12:01 PM
I'm super excited for Paul too. This is an incredible get! One of King's best. Way to go Paul! :clap::clap::clap:

burial
02-08-2018, 12:03 PM
i hope i got right number ;)

RichardX
02-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Top notch marketing. Very slick. A great product helps. I even feel a compulsion to own one of those penguins.

amd013
02-08-2018, 12:20 PM

Here is an update:

Its on the page with the form to request a matching number. I am a little confused by this. So it seems that we aren't actually getting a matching number, just that we are guaranteed an order. Also, is there some kind of verification that the person is the actual owner? Seems open to abuse/liers.

becca69
02-08-2018, 12:24 PM

Here is an update:

Its on the page with the form to request a matching number. I am a little confused by this. So it seems that we aren't actually getting a matching number, just that we are guaranteed an order. Also, is there some kind of verification that the person is the actual owner? Seems open to abuse/liers.

If you order a portfolio today or tomorrow, you won't immediately be given a specific number but it will be a number under 185. Then when you get the email to purchase the book (or a subscription) you will be told what that number is and you will be able to get the matching copy of Misery.

Also, Paul will be keeping track and if there is a double order for the same number, he will confirm with the owners that they have the portfolio in their possession and the duplicate order will be cancelled.

burial
02-08-2018, 12:25 PM

Here is an update:

well... at the moment it is not possible what number you will get bit i understand that you will get number below 185 because store inventory is set to the amount of these.
after that...if you apply for matching copy you will get a matching copy (but as stated earloer you don't know what number)

amd013
02-08-2018, 12:29 PM

Here is an update:

If you order a portfolio today or tomorrow, you won't immediately be given a specific number but it will be a number under 185. Then when you get the email to purchase the book (or a subscription) you will be told what that number is and you will be able to get the matching copy of Misery.

Also, Paul will be keeping track and if there is a double order for the same number, he will confirm with the owners that they have the portfolio in their possession and the duplicate order will be cancelled.

Ohhhhhh, now I understand, the note about not guarneteeing what number is in reference to the portfolio. I thought it was in reference to the copy of Misery, which seemed to defeat the purpose of asking for a matching number.

becca69
02-08-2018, 12:29 PM

Here is an update:

well... at the moment it is not possible what number you will get bit i understand that you will get number below 185 because store inventory is set to the amount of these.
after that...if you apply for matching copy you will get a matching copy (but as stated earloer you don't know what number)

Exactly but both portfolio and Misery will match.

FlyerPhan0826
02-08-2018, 12:40 PM
shit... my wife will kill meDo what I did... Don't tell her :)

ICry4Oy
02-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Holy crap I have never struggled this hard with purchasing a book. Normally I am not even in the running for a lettered edition and now I have the opportunity to match all my other Suntup/Dragon book. this is going to be a hard decision to make between now and tomorrow.

Thanks a lot Paul... just happen to run right when the new car got here and the Escrow payment that shot through the roof... :pullhair:

I feel your pain! I just took a major financial hit this month on my annuity but CANNOT pass on this!

jsmcmullen92
02-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Holy crap I have never struggled this hard with purchasing a book. Normally I am not even in the running for a lettered edition and now I have the opportunity to match all my other Suntup/Dragon book. this is going to be a hard decision to make between now and tomorrow.

Thanks a lot Paul... just happen to run right when the new car got here and the Escrow payment that shot through the roof... :pullhair:

I feel your pain! I just took a major financial hit this month on my annuity but CANNOT pass on this!Yup i just caved and ordered mine

becca69
02-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Update: There are only a few remaining portfolios at Suntup. If you want to secure a copy, don't delay!

Room 217 Caretaker
02-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Update: There are only a few remaining portfolios at Suntup. If you want to secure a copy, don't delay!

Do I just request a number below 185? If I order, am I guaranteed that?

This is confusing.

Mulleins

becca69
02-08-2018, 12:46 PM

This is confusing.

Mulleins

All stock in store today is set for under 185. Get it now if you want it.

becca69
02-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Ralph, you will get a number that will be able to match to Misery but you can't request what that number will be.

Room 217 Caretaker
02-08-2018, 12:50 PM

This is confusing.

Mulleins

All stock in store today is set for under 185. Get it now if you want it.

Ahhhhh! Got it. Thanks

Mulleins

FlyerPhan0826
02-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Just so I'm clear... I just ordered a portfolio and filled out the Misery form. Assuming we just wait now for a pre order email?

Thanks in advance!

becca69
02-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Just so I'm clear... I just ordered a portfolio and filled out the Misery form. Assuming we just wait now for a pre order email?

Thanks in advance!

You will get an email with a private order link to purchase your qualified editions of Misery, or if you opt into a lifetime subscription. This should be received by Sat 10th, no later than 12PM PST.

FlyerPhan0826
02-08-2018, 01:01 PM

Thanks in advance!

You will get an email with a private order link to purchase your qualified editions of Misery, or if you opt into a lifetime subscription. This should be received by Sat 10th, no later than 12PM PST.Excellent... Thanks so much for confirming Becca!

St. Troy
02-08-2018, 01:11 PM
It doesn't affect me, but just wondering: is this the first time that a publisher/press released something so in-demand upon announcement when that publisher's previous limited item was still in stock, thereby creating a run for the previous, less in-demand item in order to set up reserved numbers/letters?

St. Troy
02-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Looking at the EOTD portfolio, I'm guessing lots of you that are buying now are going to wonder why you waited, once you've laid your hands on it.

wolfehr
02-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Well, I just purchased a numbered edition of the portfolio and submitted another matching request form with both editions selected. HYPED!!!

becca69
02-08-2018, 01:27 PM
One portfolio still available.

Lookwhoitis
02-08-2018, 01:29 PM

I "think" I got the last one

wolfehr
02-08-2018, 01:30 PM

Showing as sold out now for me. Think you’re right!

becca69
02-08-2018, 01:32 PM
EOTD Portfolio officially sold out under 185

T-Dogz_AK47
02-08-2018, 01:32 PM

Congratulations to all those who are in the EOTD Portfolio club! :clap:

jon10g
02-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Does this mean that the numbered edition of Misery is also sold out (assuming that everyone with a portfolio is going to buy the numbered Misery)?

lotuz
02-08-2018, 01:55 PM
There will be no way to know for sure until Saturday - that's when everyone who has a numbered EoTD has to confirm their pre-order of Misery. Any remaining copies then go on public sale on Monday.

It seems safe to assume that a number people with numbers 1-185 may not spring for Misery, how many is anyone's guess...

becca69
02-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Does this mean that the numbered edition of Misery is also sold out (assuming that everyone with a portfolio is going to buy the numbered Misery)?

There may still be some numbered copies available on Monday because not everyone who bought the numbered portfolio last year may step up.

MikeDuke
02-08-2018, 02:08 PM
I disagree. Look at how fast Paul's stuff over at Dragon Rebound sell. I am assuming given the price of the s\l and the fact that this is the first s\l novel from Suntup that everyone who got the EOTD portfolio will buy this book. Oh well. No complaining about something you can't control. But it doesn't mean I still won't look on Monday.

Room 217 Caretaker
02-08-2018, 02:35 PM
I'm on the outside looking in as well. The portfolio sold out before I could secure one.

Congrats Paul, what a great achievement.

Mulleins

becca69
02-08-2018, 02:47 PM
I disagree. Look at how fast Paul's stuff over at Dragon Rebound sell. I am assuming given the price of the s\l and the fact that this is the first s\l novel from Suntup that everyone who got the EOTD portfolio will buy this book. Oh well. No complaining about something you can't control. But it doesn't mean I still won't look on Monday.

I'm on the outside looking in as well. The portfolio sold out before I could secure one.

Congrats Paul, what a great achievement.

Mulleins

Sorry you couldn't get the portfolio before it sold out. I still think there is hope some will be available on Monday. Don't give up.

becca69
02-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Just FYI, there are a few portfolios available on Ebay and at Very Fine Books, but they are at a premium.

amd013
02-08-2018, 03:22 PM

Really shocking it took this long to sell that many copies. This is a fantastic portfolio. Probably the best portfolio I have ever seen. (not that I've seen a lot, less then 10).

wolfehr
02-08-2018, 03:24 PM

Really shocking it took this long to sell that many copies. This is a fantastic portfolio. Probably the best portfolio I have ever seen. (not that I've seen a lot, less then 10).

I took mine out today to confirm the letter and ended up looking through it for a half hour. I also haven’t seen that many, but this is definitely my favorite by far.

Room 217 Caretaker
02-08-2018, 03:54 PM
I just secured #32 from Ebay. Not a bad price either.

I will be able to secure a Misery now. I may have to show Paul proof of my purchase but that's easily done.

Whooooooo Hooooooooo!

Mulleins

T-Dogz_AK47
02-08-2018, 03:56 PM
I just secured #32 from Ebay. Not a bad price either.

I will be able to secure a Misery now. I may have to show Paul proof of my purchase but that's easily done.

Whooooooo Hooooooooo!

Mulleins

Congratulations Ralph!! :clap:

webstar1000
02-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Awesome brother!! So glad Ralph you got one!

peripheral
02-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Awesome Ralph!

MikeDuke
02-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Saw two for about $500. So you are talking about $1,000 for both books.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Palladini-Stephen-King-EYES-OF-DRAGON-Artwork-Portfolio-Signed-Limited/232644486087?_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.M BE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D49917%26meid%3D6e8520fcba8d4c7 59f12155eba94780a%26pid%3D100623%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D 6%26sd%3D253234507985%26itm%3D232644486087&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-The-Eyes-of-the-Dragon-Portfolio-Suntup-Editions-2017-Limi/253234507985?hash=item3af5f3f0d1:g:Ef8AAOSwonBZ957 5
Glad people are to get these. They look sweet. But I really doubt Mon there will be any left.

wolfehr
02-08-2018, 04:10 PM
+1 and congrats to everyone who was able to secure a pre-order, and good luck to anyone keeping their fingers crossed for Monday.

wolfehr
02-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Saw one for about $500. So you are talking about $1,000 for both books.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-The-Eyes-of-the-Dragon-Portfolio-Suntup-Editions-2017-Limi/253234507985?hash=item3af5f3f0d1:g:Ef8AAOSwonBZ957 5
Glad people are to get these. They look sweet. But I really doubt Mon there will be any left.

Based on nothing, I feel like 185 is a large enough sample that at least one person is going to opt out. I agree it’ll probably be a very small number though.

Also, the price tag of the Lettered is high enough compared to the portfolio that at least one person might opt out.

MikeDuke
02-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Well, like I said, I will still try on Mon at 11:00am to see if any are free

Ricky
02-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Anyone need a kidney? Willing to exchange my extra for a lettered edition.

One of the nicest limited I've ever seen, which only makes it hurt even more. I just can't justify it. And I have a feeling the numbered copies available will be few. :cry:

becca69
02-08-2018, 05:08 PM
A nice article by Anthony Breznican on Entertainment Weekly:

http://ew.com/books/2018/02/08/stephen-king-misery-autograph/

lotuz
02-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Wow! Major congrats to Paul for the exposure!!!

wizardsrainbow
02-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Congrats to Paul for landing this impressive HUGE gig! Looks gorgeous!

becca69
02-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Very Fine Books has a few copies that are priced cheaper on their website than Ebay:

http://www.veryfinebooks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=sk156

https://www.ebay.com/itm/David-Palladini-Stephen-King-EYES-OF-DRAGON-Artwork-Portfolio-Signed-Limited/232644486087?hash=item362ab123c7:g:HiYAAOSwJ71aa3y S#viTabs_0

amd013
02-08-2018, 06:20 PM
Anybody have any Suntup Coupons? :lol1:

zelig
02-08-2018, 06:40 PM
I am just now getting my head above water. Been responding to emails, texts, phone calls, Facebook messages, smoke signals and semaphores all day! Since 6am. I skipped lunch, as I didn't even realize it was lunch time. Went out to get a bite to eat, which was closer to dinner than lunch, and then got back at it...

Anyway, wow... I have been completely bombarded today after the news went public, and it still hasn't stopped!

I apologize in advance for any breakups or divorces caused as a result of these new editions!

Seriously though, thank you EVERYONE for your very kind words and compliments. I truly appreciate each and every one of you. I have given my life to this book for the past year, and to see what everyone is saying, both here and on social media, well it is very gratifying to say the least. The excitement and pleasure this has brought to the Stephen King community is a big reason for why I am doing this. It is truly a dream come true. I have so many stories to tell of this journey!

I hope that everyone got their questions answered. Rebecca was a complete rockstar in responding to everyone. I have only just now been able to focus on this thread. Thank you again Rebecca.

Anyway, enough speeches... I am going to get back to work. Oh, and keeping this a secret for so long was excruciating!

Mr. Fahrenheit

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Did my carrier pigeon get there yet?

zelig
02-08-2018, 06:57 PM
Did my carrier pigeon get there yet?

Is that what that was? I thought I heard a pecking at my front door. Didn't have time to open it, so he or she must have flown back. Sorry about that.

George at C-Springs
02-08-2018, 06:58 PM
As luck would have it, "my" King collecting number is 186. So unless I can convince Paul to stretch his print run by one .... guess I'll just have to get a Lettered!

firemonkey66
02-08-2018, 10:37 PM
Paul, out of curiosity, when it says ‘there are no “PC” copies of the lettered edition available,’ does that mean that no copies outside of A-Z will be produced (aka, literally only 26 will be made) or that there will be extra copies produced, but they won’t be for sale?

T-Dogz_AK47
02-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Paul, out of curiosity, when it says ‘there are no “PC” copies of the lettered edition available,’ does that mean that no copies outside of A-Z will be produced (aka, literally only 26 will be made) or that there will be extra copies produced, but they won’t be for sale?

I would have thought there would be extra copies made, just in case any get lost or damaged in transit.

firemonkey66
02-08-2018, 10:46 PM

I would have thought there would be extra copies made, just in case any get lost or damaged in transit.

That’s what I would think too, but with other publishers those extra copies tend to ‘become available’ over time. I’m wondering if Paul is doing things differently.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-09-2018, 12:23 AM
I would like to buy all 3 editions, but I can never get online to order before they are sold out. I will just have to buy them on the secondary market.

herbertwest
02-09-2018, 01:29 AM
Hello Paul,
Can we have an idea of the GIFT EDITION print run?

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 02:32 AM
I would like to buy all 3 editions, but I can never get online to order before they are sold out. I will just have to buy them on the secondary market.

I feel your pain. My internet connection is quite slow and I have missed out on several book opportunities in the past with other publishers, simply because other people were quicker on the draw and were able to place an order, whilst I was still fumbling around trying to access the order link.... :doh::cry:

The current pre order link that will be emailed out to owners of EOTD on Saturday, is giving me panic attacks.... :panic:

Room 217 Caretaker
02-09-2018, 04:40 AM
Hello Paul,
Can we have an idea of the GIFT EDITION print run?

The gift edition print run will be determined based on pre-order demand, but is capped.

Mulleins

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-09-2018, 04:59 AM
I'm sometimes glad my internet connection is slow, it keeps me from having to re-mortgage my house.

jsmcmullen92
02-09-2018, 06:36 AM

That’s what I would think too, but with other publishers those extra copies tend to ‘become available’ over time. I’m wondering if Paul is doing things differently.

I know a few people who work for publishers and they usually get paid in PC edition books as a stipend. My guess is it means that no employee is receiving a PC lettered edition to sell to make up some salary. He will probably make 1 or 2 for replacements if needed but they should not hit the open market.

becca69
02-09-2018, 08:06 AM
There will be PC copies and they are assigned to people working closely on the project including the author and artists.

Someone asked about how the numbering will be done, printed or hand numbered. The limited edition will be numbered by hand, and the lettered will not be lettered by hand, neither will the letters be printed. They will be lettered in a very different way.

wolfehr
02-09-2018, 08:08 AM
There will be PC copies and they are assigned to people working closely on the project including the author and artists.

Someone asked about how the numbering will be done, printed or hand numbered. The limited edition will be numbered by hand, and the lettered will not be lettered by hand, neither will the letters be printed. They will be lettered in a very different way.

I’m guessing a Royal key inserted into the book similar to how h title is being handled.

becca69
02-09-2018, 08:12 AM
Actually that is true and stated in the description. A letter key will be inset in the back cover. My answer above pertains to the limitation page.

wolfehr
02-09-2018, 08:13 AM
Actually that is true and stated in the description. A letter key will be inset in the back cover. My answer above pertains to the limitation page.

Ahhh, got it! I’m definitely intrigued :)

Beverly Marsh
02-09-2018, 08:48 AM
I agree with Richard X, this was brilliant marketing and I am so happy that it worked out this way. I was sad when I had to cancel my rebounds and I don't really collect portfolios so I hadn't purchased anything from Suntup yet but not for lack of wanting to be supportive. This deal "forced my hand" so to speak and I'm glad it gave me the shove that I needed. I know the EOTD portfolio will be beautiful, and Misery? I can't even begin to describe my excitement for this book. ( and the penguin that I still want! :evil: )

I also can't wait to hear the stories behind this project.

ICry4Oy
02-09-2018, 09:01 AM
I agree with Richard X, this was brilliant marketing and I am so happy that it worked out this way. I was sad when I had to cancel my rebounds and I don't really collect portfolios so I hadn't purchased anything from Suntup yet but not for lack of wanting to be supportive. This deal "forced my hand" so to speak and I'm glad it gave me the shove that I needed. I know the EOTD portfolio will be beautiful, and Misery? I can't even begin to describe my excitement for this book. ( and the penguin that I still want! :evil: )

I also can't wait to hear the stories behind this project.

^ALL OF THIS!!!

...and HOLY [EXCREMENT]! I only just watched the Misery video. In all my excitement yesterday I just skimmed right past it. WOW! Makes me want more..........

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 09:02 AM

I'm guessing the "Letter" will be typed onto the limitation page, using a traditional Royal typewriter.

If so, that is frikkkin AWESOME!!!!

Shame the numbered sets are not done this way too though....

herbertwest
02-09-2018, 09:05 AM
Can I ask what is Becca69's role in Suntup?

biomieg
02-09-2018, 09:07 AM

I'm guessing the "Letter" will be typed onto the limitation page, using a traditional Royal typewriter.

I thought the same thing (typed letters). That would be super cool!

wolfehr
02-09-2018, 09:07 AM

That would be so cool. Thought I’m sure whatever Paul has cooked up will be.

The Library Policeman
02-09-2018, 09:11 AM

I’m sure she’ll tell you herself but I’m pretty sure Becca helps Paul out with the design side of things?

becca69
02-09-2018, 09:38 AM

I'm a :ninja:

plus a Jack-of-all-trades and also a graphic designer

Randall Flagg
02-09-2018, 10:07 AM
The typed letter is a great idea, except for the poor soul who gets the blank page...

biomieg
02-09-2018, 10:17 AM
The typed letter is a great idea, except for the poor soul who gets the blank page...

... but perhaps that copy will have a handwritten text block instead :smile:

webstar1000
02-09-2018, 10:17 AM

LOL That would be Bruce i think.

becca69
02-09-2018, 10:46 AM
Another nice article about Suntup from Jason Sechrest:

http://sechrestthings.com/exclusive-interview-paul-suntup-takes-misery-makes-miracle/

Beverly Marsh
02-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Just curious as I want to cover all of my bases. I filled out the Misery form and we all know that email isn't always reliable(spam, junk folders etc) My other Suntup emails always come through fine but what happens if we don't get an email tomorrow by 3 eastern time? Should we message Paul in case the email got lost or does it mean we don't get the private link?
Thanks in advance.

ICry4Oy
02-09-2018, 11:48 AM

http://sechrestthings.com/exclusive-interview-paul-suntup-takes-misery-makes-miracle/

Great article!

ICry4Oy
02-09-2018, 11:51 AM
Just curious as I want to cover all of my bases. I filled out the Misery form and we all know that email isn't always reliable(spam, junk folders etc) My other Suntup emails always come through fine but what happens if we don't get an email tomorrow by 3 eastern time? Should we message Paul in case the email got lost or does it mean we don't get the private link?
Thanks in advance.

After 10AM Saturday morning, I plan on emailing Paul every five minutes until the link shows up! :evil:

Beverly Marsh
02-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Thanks in advance.

After 10AM Saturday morning, I plan on emailing Paul every five minutes until the link shows up! :evil:

:emot-roflolmao:

Ockhamistic
02-09-2018, 11:54 AM
Hello all,

I realize that this is a loooong shot, but if anyone is interested in selling their lettered option for Misery, I’m VERY interested. Please let me know-soon!

Sincerely,
Michael

needfulthings
02-09-2018, 12:15 PM
:evil: NFS :nope:
https://imageshack.com/a/img922/4802/iQ9yJG.jpg
I teresting fact I had o idea what letter I wa ted whe I was asked...." A" would be ice but everybody would wa t that o e & assumed it was already go e. AH HELL! lets just go for " " for eedfulthings...Little did I k ow how GREAT a letter it would become. Whe Paul said he was going to rebi d Firestarter I asked if I could excha ge my " " for "S" to match my lettered editio o ly to lear that "S" was Paul's letter...I am so HAPPY:dance: that excha ge ever took place,

burial
02-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Thanks in advance.

and when we receive the email woth secret link how much tome do we have?
i want to know because. friday 9pm pst is saturday 6am here... do i have to set the clock?

wolfehr
02-09-2018, 12:23 PM
Thanks in advance.

Haha, I think that’s how you get your email “accidentally” sent to the wrong place ;)

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Thanks in advance.

and when we receive the email woth secret link how much tome do we have?
i want to know because. friday 9pm pst is saturday 6am here... do i have to set the clock?

From what I understand, the email with the link will be sent out just before 12pm PST on Saturday, which is around 9pm in Europe. :smile:

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 01:43 PM
Is it 12pm PST on Saturday yet??? :panic:

Randall Flagg
02-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Yes. Better hurry.

Ben Mears
02-09-2018, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the link; I was on the fence about ordering but after reading that article I feel compelled to support the project. An inspiring story for sure.

Beverly Marsh
02-09-2018, 02:43 PM

Very inspirational story. Thanks for sharing yours Paul!

Ricky
02-09-2018, 03:36 PM
Nice interview. Thanks for sharing and being so open, Paul.

firemonkey66
02-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Becca, will they be designated PC with 2 inset Royal keys? Or in another manner? Just curious:)

Randall Flagg
02-09-2018, 04:12 PM
So Bruce's "N" lettered edition limitation page will look like this?

https://ablanksheetofpaper.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/blanksheetofpaper.jpg

zelig
02-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the comments on the interview. Appreciate it.

You won't have to wait that long. I've been burning the midnight oil, and plan to send out the private emails tonight, some time after the cut off which is 9pm Pacific. All the instructions will be in the email.

Becca, will they be designated PC with 2 inset Royal keys? Or in another manner? Just curious:)

Becca will answer this.

Great idea. I'll implement that plan right away.

MikeDuke
02-09-2018, 04:38 PM
Well I can't wait until Monday and hope for the best :clap:.

C1TIZEN_X
02-09-2018, 06:17 PM
You won't have to wait that long. I've been burning the midnight oil, and plan to send out the private emails tonight, some time after the cut off which is 9pm Pacific. All the instructions will be in the email.

So, are you saying we can order as soon as we get the email :)

needfulthings
02-09-2018, 06:34 PM

https://ablanksheetofpaper.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/blanksheetofpaper.jpg
:lol:

zelig
02-09-2018, 06:41 PM

So, are you saying we can order as soon as we get the email :)

Yep.

becca69
02-09-2018, 06:44 PM

They will be designated in another manner, but there will be a key inset into the back cover of the PCs as well.

firemonkey66
02-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Paul, I’m ordering the numbered and lettered, but would also like a gift edition, will there be a way to preorder all 3 through the email or will the gift edition only be available to everyone on Monday?

firemonkey66
02-09-2018, 06:51 PM

They will be designated in another manner, but there will be a key inset into the back cover of the PCs as well.

Mmmmm, intriguing, which key will it be....?:)

zelig
02-09-2018, 06:52 PM
Paul, I’m ordering the numbered and lettered, but would also like a gift edition, will there be a way to preorder all 3 through the email or will the gift edition only be available to everyone on Monday?

All will be explained in the email. Full instructions.

zelig
02-09-2018, 07:01 PM

Mmmmm, intriguing, which key will it be....?:)

One of these.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/IMG_5530.jpg

Pasiuk57
02-09-2018, 07:08 PM
I was in California today visiting my son and family and met with Paul, as he was 15 minutes from us.
What a GREAT guy!
I could have stayed much longer but the guy is extremely busy of course.
Misery will be a great production. I am sure of it.
He is a wealth of knowledge on King items.
I'm truly glad to say I met his acquaintance today!

ICry4Oy
02-09-2018, 07:11 PM
I'm already refreshing my email every few minutes.....nothing yet.....

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 07:13 PM
I was in California today visiting my son and family and met with Paul, as he was 15 minutes from us.
What a GREAT guy!

:thumbsup::clap:

zelig
02-09-2018, 07:26 PM
What a GREAT guy!

Mike, was super cool to meet you man. I could have chatted for hours too, but I think you saw how the phone was beeping and I had to get back at it. So good to meet you.

I'm already refreshing my email every few minutes.....nothing yet.....

After 9PM Pacific. So you have some time.

ICry4Oy
02-09-2018, 07:30 PM
After 9PM Pacific. So you have some time.

:doh:DOH!
and

Whew!

This is Christmas in February!!!!!!!

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-09-2018, 07:32 PM
I can't think of anything clever to say so I will say nothing at all.

zelig
02-09-2018, 07:51 PM

Say it ain’t so. 2nd biggest at a loss for words? What will I do tonight for my comic relief.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 08:05 PM

Say it ain’t so. 2nd biggest at a loss for words? What will I do tonight for my comic relief.

Oh, I'm sure that you're getting enough comic relief from just watching us all squirm with anticipation for the email link to be sent.... :P

Half the forum, all glued to their computer screens on a stakeout for the email.... And you're like, "Shall I send it?.... Shall I?..... Naaaaaaaahh LOLZ!" :lol::nana:

lotuz
02-09-2018, 08:42 PM
Looks like all you suckers went to bed... :cool:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/Untitled3.png

Too bad I'm going to have to join you all very soon.

And everyone in Europe can rub it in our faces tomorrow :doh:

EDIT: And you Australians, apparently!

VVV

peripheral
02-09-2018, 08:42 PM
I'm just relieved that I may be getting a link before 9am Monday - Pacific Time (which = 3am Tuesday Melbourne Time) :beat:

racerx45
02-09-2018, 09:02 PM
:sharepopcorn:

ICry4Oy
02-09-2018, 09:04 PM
:sharepopcorn:

Ditto.

Brian861
02-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Congrats, Paul on a wonderful accomplishment!

zelig
02-09-2018, 09:17 PM
The emails are going out now.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 09:20 PM
Shit. I don't have an email. :panic:

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 09:24 PM
The link says password protected. What's my password?

Help!!

zelig
02-09-2018, 09:30 PM
The link says password protected. What's my password?

Help!!

Read the email. It's in there.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 09:31 PM
Fuck me I found it, but I've wasted precious minutes.... :doh:

I just hope that I got my request form in on time. :panic::panic:

EXPLORER
02-09-2018, 09:33 PM
Thanks Paul.. Smooth process... Fabulous offering. Well Done.

zelig
02-09-2018, 09:35 PM
All the emails have been sent.

ICry4Oy
02-09-2018, 09:35 PM
I echo the thanks Paul!!!!!!!!!!! This one will be talked about and sought after long after we are all gone.

peripheral
02-09-2018, 09:37 PM
Wow, look at that... I can breathe normally again!

lotuz
02-09-2018, 09:43 PM
hmm. no email here...

T-Dogz_AK47
02-09-2018, 10:00 PM
<<<<<<<< LIFETIME MEMBER :rock::rock::rock:

I am soooo frikkkkin HYPED!!!! :excited::excited::excited:

HONKYTONKSMASH
02-09-2018, 10:01 PM
:dance: Kickass and righteous all the way around as usual. :thumbsup:

lotuz
02-09-2018, 10:01 PM

I stayed up to try to get one of those and have been refreshing constantly and didn't even get an email.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Devastated EDIT: Glad that Paul has excellent customer service, thankful for Becca's help, and crossing my fingers!

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-09-2018, 10:03 PM
Okay, I get there and can't order the book, what am I doing wrong???

_PCC_
02-09-2018, 10:06 PM
Whoohoo! I just ordered. Many thanks on the payment plan! This is gonna be HUGE! The pictures of the prototype are amazing. One thing, was I supposed to enter my number in the comment box? I didn’t wait to create a login I just bought it. But I used the same email I used to buy the EOTD art portfolio. The email sent to me had the correct number, so just checking. Whoohoo!

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-09-2018, 10:10 PM
How did you order. I can get in but see no way to order the books.

wolfehr
Should we be worried if we haven’t received an email yet?

racerx45

Congratulations!

zelig
02-09-2018, 10:11 PM
Steve please send me an email with details of what is happening so I can look into it. Lotuz, email me as well. paul[at]suntup[dot]press

_PCC_
02-09-2018, 10:14 PM
You know I’m not really sure. I think it’s best to do it on a computer vs. an iPad. When I first went to the store I couldn’t buy it it. Then I tried the link again and it took me to the right page where I could add it to a cart. I would refresh or try the link several times.

lotuz
02-09-2018, 10:26 PM
Steve please send me an email with details of what is happening so I can look into it. Lotuz, email me as well. paul[at]suntup[dot]press

Sent one at the same time as my original post (9:45 PST). Sent another now. Hoping that gmail is not conspiring against me!!

Thanks for looking into this, I know it's crazy for you right now.

jcmanske
02-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Paul, congratulations on an iconic production of a novel everyone wanted to receive limited edition status. While I may not have the funds to be a Patron, I promise I'm Suntup's No. 1 Fan! Fortunately for King's Constant Readers, you have the courage of your convictions.

wolfehr
02-09-2018, 10:48 PM
Order confirmed :rock:

Thanks for the awesome customer service Paul!

wolfehr
02-09-2018, 10:50 PM
Also, really great job on the product page! I love reading your descriptions and the photos are awesome.

firemonkey66
02-09-2018, 10:53 PM
Ahhhh, order confirmed:) Love that feeling!

racerx45
02-09-2018, 10:55 PM
Paul, congratulations on an iconic production of a novel everyone wanted to receive limited edition status. While I may not have the funds to be a Patron, I promise I'm Suntup's No. 1 Fan! Fortunately for King's Constant Readers, you have the courage of your convictions.

Are you saying given the chance you would strap Paul to a bed and hobble him?

jcmanske
02-09-2018, 11:00 PM

Are you saying given the chance you would strap Paul to a bed and hobble him?

As long as I maintain pre-order status, I'm certain that can be avoided.

zelig
02-09-2018, 11:05 PM

Too late anyway, I already sold 12 Patrons. I'm heading to the Bahamas. See ya...

zelig
02-09-2018, 11:08 PM
Happy to say lotuz is all sorted out.

Also, really great job on the product page! I love reading your descriptions and the photos are awesome.

Thanks Heath!

peripheral
02-09-2018, 11:13 PM
This looks like an amazing result for the DT members, so far. Thanks for spending time on here, Paul - troubleshooting and giving us the special treatment...

Pasiuk57
02-09-2018, 11:23 PM
Bought editions on iPhone. Worked flawless!!

zelig
02-09-2018, 11:23 PM
This looks like an amazing result for the DT members, so far. Thanks for spending time on here, Paul - troubleshooting and giving us the special treatment...

You bet.

zelig
02-09-2018, 11:24 PM
Bought editions on iPhone. Worked flawless!!

Great, I'll be sure to pay my ecommerce bill this month then.

zelig
02-09-2018, 11:36 PM
Heading to bed... will respond to any questions first thing... peace.

jsmcmullen92
02-09-2018, 11:56 PM
Never received my email. Just shot you an email I'll look for your reply tomorrow.

frik
02-09-2018, 11:58 PM
Just woke up: e-mail received, orders (gift and numbered) are in and confirmed.
And THANK YOU, Paul, for brining some much-needed King excitement back into my life.
And congratulations to all who got in their order - or will on Monday!

And, Paul, have to ask....what's coming next....:)
(just kidding...)

sk

Tommy
02-10-2018, 12:19 AM
Order placed.

richardsrarebooks
02-10-2018, 12:29 AM
after some problems (all my fault) ordered an S/L and artist edition and received a confirmed email. very excited to see finished product. hope to read (here) about the process during the next six months.

stroppygoblin
02-10-2018, 12:33 AM
My CC just melted, but ORDER PLACED! :clap:

Lookwhoitis
02-10-2018, 12:53 AM
got my order in as well. I hope i got a penguin! :D

burial
02-10-2018, 01:05 AM
DONE!!! :)

The Library Policeman
02-10-2018, 02:35 AM
Order in! Numbered and Gift Editions :thumbsup:

Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d say:

Paul, when will we know if we’ve qualified for a penguin? :lol: :lol:

webstar1000
02-10-2018, 03:02 AM
70 penguins.... I really hope I got one. I think they will be a coveted collectable. Not only that were you to sell your S/L the value will be noticeable higher if your able to include a penguin. I will never sell... just noting. I hope Paul brands his penguins with Suntup’s logo on the bottom so as to set them apart. Who am I kidding!!!!??? He probably numbered them! Lol

herbertwest
02-10-2018, 03:02 AM

I'm a :ninja:

plus a Jack-of-all-trades and also a graphic designer

:thumbsup:

biomieg
02-10-2018, 03:04 AM
If there are any numbereds left on Monday, I’ll try to get one as well. First time I’ve been excited for a limited edition since I started collecting over a decade ago :smile:

FlyerPhan0826
02-10-2018, 03:31 AM
Order in... I'm already counting down the days to August!

Beverly Marsh
02-10-2018, 04:49 AM
Confirmed! Book and penguin on their way! ( look, if one thinks positive it will happen right? RIGHT?? :lol1: )

I would like to add that Rick Berry's vision of Annie is creepy AF. I love it.

P.S. thanks for doing payment plans Paul.

TravelinJack
02-10-2018, 04:55 AM
Order in as well. Exciting! :thumbsup:

zelig
02-10-2018, 04:58 AM
Thank you all!

Just woke up: e-mail received, orders (gift and numbered) are in and confirmed.
And THANK YOU, Paul, for brining some much-needed King excitement back into my life.
And congratulations to all who got in their order - or will on Monday!

And, Paul, have to ask....what's coming next....:)
(just kidding...)

sk

I'm working a book right now and will be a very happy camper if it's approved.

Order in! Numbered and Gift Editions :thumbsup:

Funny! The other day, I had a sentence I thought I'd never say either: How much for the pig?

Randall Flagg
02-10-2018, 05:12 AM
Got my order in.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-10-2018, 05:20 AM
After numerous e-mails, a phone call, browser problems, password problems, getting a new password problems, private messages, staying up to 2:30 in the morning and using up my entire vocabulary of profane expressions and four letter profanity, I still have not been able to order my books.

However, I am still confident that Paul will eventually give me the bird.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-10-2018, 05:32 AM

I want one of those damn penguins so bad!!! :pullhair:

Top notch marketing. Very slick. A great product helps. I even feel a compulsion to own one of those penguins.

got my order in as well. I hope i got a penguin! :D

70 penguins.... I really hope I got one. I think they will be a coveted collectable. Not only that were you to sell your S/L the value will be noticeable higher if your able to include a penguin. I will never sell... just noting.

Anybody who doesn't get a penguin, just give me a shout. I actually have a few with me now if anyone is desperate for one? :smile:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/mcvitiespenguin_zpsokpyyoko.jpg

zelig
02-10-2018, 05:32 AM
After numerous e-mails, a phone call, browser problems, password problems, getting a new password problems, private messages, staying up to 2:30 in the morning and using up my entire vocabulary of profane expressions and four letter profanity, I still have not been able to order my books.

However, I am still confident that Paul will eventually give me the bird.

Steve, give me a call now. I'll process it for you manually.

webstar1000
02-10-2018, 05:39 AM
Question... did anyone do payments? Did you notice that there was only a CC option and US bank option and no PayPal? Wondering if it was just different for anyone outside US...

wolfehr
02-10-2018, 05:41 AM
Question... did anyone do payments? Did you notice that there was only a CC option and US bank option and no PayPal? Wondering if it was just different for anyone outside US...

I did the payment plan and also only had the option for credit card and bank. I’m guessing it’s based on whatever the company managing the payments plan accepts, which is different from the company that normally processes, but obviously just a guess.

wolfehr
02-10-2018, 05:48 AM
Anyone have any guesses what the “Exclusive bonus material to be announced” for the Lettered edition will be?

Ari_Racing
02-10-2018, 06:02 AM
I understood things wrong and got up in the morning ready to receive the email in two hours...and the email was waiting for me since 2am.

Paul...more than 75 orders already? I ordered 25 minutes ago.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-10-2018, 06:03 AM
Anyone have any guesses what the “Exclusive bonus material to be announced” for the Lettered edition will be?

A paperback mock-up of Misery's Return by Paul Sheldon.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/latest_zpsh76xni2b.jpg

Ari_Racing
02-10-2018, 06:08 AM
That's a really cool idea. 😊

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-10-2018, 06:21 AM
WAIT! A miracle has occurred. Due to my own stupidity, I did not realize I had my password all the time, and I managed to order the books! With the payment plan!

My debt to Paul for taking my money can never be repaid! Wait, something's not right there, but I don't care! I don't have to bang my head on my desk anymore. Now to get some putty to fill in the dents (on the desk, not my head).

wolfehr
02-10-2018, 06:42 AM
I agree with Ari! That is a really cool idea.

webstar1000
02-10-2018, 07:09 AM
I agree with Ari! That is a really cool idea.

I agree to!

jsmcmullen92
02-10-2018, 08:14 AM
Email finally came though around 5am CST. Managed to get mine is this morning. Doubt I was in the first 50 to get the added swag but still happy I got my book!

jcmanske
02-10-2018, 08:21 AM
It's so nice to a have safe environment to share joyfully with others that I too ordered mine. I'm afraid that if I share my new purchase at home that I'm likely to end up like Paul Sheldon. I'm really appreciative of the payment plan too and also love the idea of a Misery Returns mock-up. Pulling for the Penguin!

racerx45
02-10-2018, 08:23 AM
I woke up to my congratulations email and what a great way to start the day. I watched the Olympic opening ceremonies twice last night waiting for the different emails to come thru and it looks like that paid off.

It's a Lifetime of smiles for me. Thanks so much Paul.

Dr. Dawg
02-10-2018, 08:34 AM
I had to be at work early this morning, so I couldn't wait up for the email last night (eastern time zone). It was there waiting for me first thing this morning, though! I'm just guessing that by waiting until this morning my chances at the penguin are probably 50/50... I could not be more excited about this edition!

Really great roll out of this project, Paul!

amd013
02-10-2018, 09:15 AM
You know I’m not really sure. I think it’s best to do it on a computer vs. an iPad. When I first went to the store I couldn’t buy it it. Then I tried the link again and it took me to the right page where I could add it to a cart. I would refresh or try the link several times.

Yeah I had the same problem, first time I clicked the link it took me to the order page for EOTD portfolio. From there I couldn't figure out how to get to the Misery order page. so I clicked the link again, and it worked.

MikeDuke
02-10-2018, 10:07 AM
Congrats to everyone who has placed and gotten their order in. The lettered, even with the payment plan is just too much. But I am sure they will go. I just hope, like many here, that on Monday there are some S\L left to get. If not, oh well.
But congrats to those who got them. I am assuming, maybe incorrectly, that on the order page, if something were sold out, the button would say "sold out". We shall see.

burial
02-10-2018, 10:12 AM

A paperback mock-up of Misery's Return by Paul Sheldon.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/latest_zpsh76xni2b.jpg

shit.... lovely...
last time i saw it it was laying in Devar-Toi next to this scumbag Pimli

love the idea... if not a mockup maybe a dust jacket only? for numbered edition too :)

zelig
02-10-2018, 10:57 AM
I understood things wrong and got up in the morning ready to receive the email in two hours...and the email was waiting for me since 2am.

You probably won't believe it but yours was the 75th order. It came in at 5:45am this morning.

wolfehr
02-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Interesting tweet I just saw...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180210/bd9204f2496f9c85032a8a1aa4e53aba.jpg

ICry4Oy
02-10-2018, 11:05 AM

You probably won't believe it but yours was the 75th order. It came in at 5:45am this morning.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/SuntuPenguin.jpg

George at C-Springs
02-10-2018, 11:07 AM
With my wife's (somewhat begrudging) approval, got my order in yesterday with no issues. First King book that I've bought in quite awhile, guess I was a little burned out ... but this definitely got my blood running again. Which reminds me, I haven't posted to Collections since ( ... looking ... ) October 5, 2016, when I posted (somewhat coincidentally) my EOTD Rebound Lettered. I've got some catching up to do.

somekindofstranger
02-10-2018, 11:39 AM
Congrats to all who secured a copy already! My Fingers are also crossed for Monday

bdwyer19
02-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Paul - What time will the remaining copies go on sale on Monday?

Br!an
02-10-2018, 11:55 AM
I missed out on the free extras. Maybe Paul will still include them for his Dragon Rebound legacy customers. :orely:

Tommy
02-10-2018, 12:05 PM
I missed out on the free extras. Maybe Paul will still include them for his Dragon Rebound legacy customers. :orely:

:thumbsup:

Roseannebarr
02-10-2018, 12:21 PM

Yeah. That means I am getting a penguin. But now I also want a cover for misery returns. That cover cracks me up! I hope my order was on time for the bonus materials too

webstar1000
02-10-2018, 12:38 PM
Very happy to be part of Paul’s club for life:) very excited!!!!

Ari_Racing
02-10-2018, 12:53 PM

I love you! :)
THANK YOU!

WeDealInLead
02-10-2018, 12:55 PM
I haven't bought a signed edition in probably three years. They've for the most part looked like regular books instead of what -- to me at least -- a limited edition should look like. Think Charnel House, Centipede, older Subterranean lettereds. I actually sold one of my guitars to pay for Misery, a beautiful white 97 Gibson Les Paul with an ebony fretboard.

It turns out I'll be taking a client of mine to the hospital for a check up. This means no internet access as the signal is blocked unless you're in the main lobby. I am to accompany her at all times because she has a disability and cannot be left alone.

So, this is bittersweet. I'm happy someone's publishing a limited edition that actually looks like one. I'm also a bit jelaous I won't be getting a shot at one. A gift edition will have to do.

shaq
02-10-2018, 01:24 PM
I’d love a copy of this.

On the piste in France on Monday. Hopefully I can get access and try my best for one.

Congrats all.

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-10-2018, 01:28 PM
I'm just going to paste a big 'A' right on top of my number.

needfulthings
02-10-2018, 01:28 PM
Now that I have secured the letter"N" & am only collecting King & say the next lettered book you print is by Joe Blow.... but the 3rd will be another King book.How do I go about passing on the Joe Blow book & keep the letter "N" for the King book & because I did not double dip on the Dragon portfolio I will have to line up Monday hoping to snag a numbered edition & if I do can I hold that # for just the numbered King books?

peripheral
02-10-2018, 02:17 PM
I wonder what's going to be left for the official Monday launch... I think the Lettereds are all spoken for pre-sale (and at least most from the DT community, which is wonderful), and (at least) almost half of the S/L's gone.

T-Dogz_AK47
02-10-2018, 02:19 PM
Now that I have secured the letter"N" & am only collecting King & say the next lettered book you print is by Joe Blow.... but the 3rd will be another King book.How do I go about passing on the Joe Blow book & keep the letter "N" for the King book & because I did not double dip on the Dragon portfolio I will have to line up Monday hoping to snag a numbered edition & if I do can I hold that # for just the numbered King books?

Purchase a Silver level Lifetime Membership to guarantee your Letter for life, and simply sell the books you don't wish to keep, whilst maintaining ownership of your designated 'Letter'.

becca69
02-10-2018, 02:30 PM

Purchase a Silver level Lifetime Membership to guarantee your Letter for life, and simply sell the books you don't wish to keep, whilst maintaining ownership of your designated 'Letter'.

Exactly. You would still continue to receive books for the life of the press. You can then do with them as you please but the rights remain with you.

needfulthings
02-10-2018, 02:42 PM
I will be 77 in just over 2 week & King is no spring chicken & you want me to buy a Lifetime Membership.:lol: To get books by authors I don't collect?

T-Dogz_AK47
02-10-2018, 02:47 PM
I will be 77 in just over 2 week & King is no spring chicken & you want me to buy a Lifetime Membership.:lol:

Well if you want to keep ownership of your 'Letter'..... :shrug:

You could always leave it to me in your will. :P

surly
02-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Monday sure feels like a long way away right now.
The uncertainty is excrutiating.

zelig
02-10-2018, 03:30 PM

Brian, 8am Pacific. Be ready!

Maybe!

bdwyer19
02-10-2018, 03:48 PM

So at 10am CST, I have to dial in to a work meeting, purchase Ed Sheeran tickets, and try to buy the S/L. Challenging but doable!!

stroppygoblin
02-10-2018, 03:49 PM

So at 10am CST, I have to dial in to a work meeting, purchase Ed Sheeran tickets, and try to buy the S/L. Challenging but doable!!0

I already have Ed Sheeran tickets... :P