PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

George at C-Springs
09-17-2020, 09:17 AM
Another author and book I've never heard of. My heavy sci-fi childhood is sure saving me a lot of money now; have only had to get EOTD, Misery, The Road, 1984, and Fahrenheit 451. Still waiting on that first Arthur C. Clark or Isaac Asimov!

How about we do 2001: A Space Odyssey? The traycases are not just black monoliths, but black monoliths full of stars ("My god. It's full of stars") .. could be done with a sealed hologram. And the size of the book could be 11 x 1.25 x 5 or any ratio of 1 x 4 x 9 ("The monolith was 11 feet high, and 1¼ by 5 feet in cross-section. When its dimensions were checked with great care, they were found to be in the exact ratio 1 to 4 to 9—the squares of the first three integers.") Inside, embedded in the cover, a HAL 9000 eye that speaks whenever the traycase is opened ("Good afternoon gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley... and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.") Along the idea of the Rubik's Cube, instead the Star Child in an acrylic ball.

Too much? Not enough?

MLG
09-17-2020, 09:19 AM
Still have not received my code for the numbered pre-sale. Hopefully they are still going out and not an issue.

webstar1000
09-17-2020, 09:22 AM
I always wondered why there wasn't a nice limited of The Dead Zone (I don't count Easton books...nothing against, just not what I consider a limited).

It's my favorite King book after the The Stand. Without getting into politics regardless of which way you lean, seems apropos for the times.

PS is working on one.

Yes they are and I sure hope they really put some love into it... magine if Paul had it??????????????????????????????

webstar1000
09-17-2020, 09:23 AM
Still have not received my code for the numbered pre-sale. Hopefully they are still going out and not an issue.

Mine took time to come through to but it did...

MLG
09-17-2020, 09:24 AM

And just after I posted this it arrived!

Dolan
09-17-2020, 09:44 AM
I still have hopes that Paul has his eye on NIGHT FILM. It was on the survey and it's one hell of a book. That's one that I'd be VERY excited to buy.

For those who haven't read it - it really is fantastic.

Joe315
09-17-2020, 09:53 AM
I still have hopes that Paul has his eye on NIGHT FILM. It was on the survey and it's one hell of a book. That's one that I'd be VERY excited to buy.

For those who haven't read it - it really is fantastic.

That would be a great one.

Brian861
09-17-2020, 10:26 AM
WOW. Well, Brian861 you're out (you're certainly not a desperate second chance loser--you actually have a future). Now that I know I'll need a bigger cut of the take, I'm looking to find people who are somewhat more expendable and flexible when it comes to their continued living status. Yeah this is going to be full of betrayals. We need a STUFFED truck.

Ride or die, Jeff. Bad Boys for life. I'm in. I need to bump off a current numbered holder in the process. Whomever we happen to run across first. Nothing personal, just business.

MikeDuke
09-17-2020, 10:29 AM
WOW. Well, Brian861 you're out (you're certainly not a desperate second chance loser--you actually have a future). Now that I know I'll need a bigger cut of the take, I'm looking to find people who are somewhat more expendable and flexible when it comes to their continued living status. Yeah this is going to be full of betrayals. We need a STUFFED truck.

Ride or die, Jeff. Bad Boys for life. I'm in. I need to bump off a current numbered holder in the process. Whomever we happen to run across first. Nothing personal, just business.
All right, count me in.

Beverly Marsh
09-17-2020, 10:34 AM
Offer of $5750 For Subtup Misery number. Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THANK YOU. This has been filled for the $5750 Congrats to the buyer and seller. I would still take another one should someone have one they want to sell:) WHAT AN UNREAL TESTAMENT TO THIS BOOK AND ITS DEMAND... Congrats Paul....

I'm busying studying armored car routes and looking to assemble my heist team filled with second chance losers who have just the right amount of desperation without an over-abundance of ambition. I have several calls out and I'll get back to your DM Brian 861 (I don't think you're desperate enough, but we'll talk). Anyway, once I have all that sorted I'll be on the lookout for Misery #23.

LOL that was the wholssale price.. it sold for over $6K is all I can say..... :Money emoticon:

Wow! With recent sales, I'll admit it gets really tempting to sell both my Misery and Hill House copies... I keep coming back to fact that Misery is one of my favorite King books, it is of unparalleled quality for a S/L- really lettered quality, and that if I ever sold it, I would never be able to get this one back.

That's exactly howI feel. When the price kept climbing higher and higher on Kris' posts it was mighty tempting. But, like you, there's no going back after that one and it's also a personal favorite King novel. I would kick myself in the arse IF there were ever another Suntup King edition and I had sold Misery. More likely it will be the only Suntup King limited so that's reason enough to hold on.

On another note: I have never heard of The Auctioneer so I'll be tracking it down. I had never heard of Ahlborn either before Brother came out and I've read four books by her and not been disappointed once(sorry Brian ;) lol)

Brian861
09-17-2020, 10:35 AM

All right, count me in.

I knew you couldn't resist the allure of the criminal element. You're riding shotgun.

webstar1000
09-17-2020, 10:36 AM

THANK YOU. This has been filled for the $5750 Congrats to the buyer and seller. I would still take another one should someone have one they want to sell:) WHAT AN UNREAL TESTAMENT TO THIS BOOK AND ITS DEMAND... Congrats Paul....

I'm busying studying armored car routes and looking to assemble my heist team filled with second chance losers who have just the right amount of desperation without an over-abundance of ambition. I have several calls out and I'll get back to your DM Brian 861 (I don't think you're desperate enough, but we'll talk). Anyway, once I have all that sorted I'll be on the lookout for Misery #23.

LOL that was the wholssale price.. it sold for over $6K is all I can say..... :Money emoticon:

Wow! With recent sales, I'll admit it gets really tempting to sell both my Misery and Hill House copies... I keep coming back to fact that Misery is one of my favorite King books, it is of unparalleled quality for a S/L- really lettered quality, and that if I ever sold it, I would never be able to get this one back.

That's exactly howI feel. When the price kept climbing higher and higher on Kris' posts it was mighty tempting. But, like you, there's no going back after that one and it's also a personal favorite King novel. I would kick myself in the arse IF there were ever another Suntup King edition and I had sold Misery. More likely it will be the only Suntup King limited so that's reason enough to hold on.

On another note: I have never heard of The Auctioneer so I'll be tracking it down. I had never heard of Ahlborn either before Brother came out and I've read four books by her and not been disappointed once(sorry Brian ;) lol)

I AM LOVIN her work. I hope (pray) she gives Paul another book!!!!! (also sorry Brian lol)

Brian861
09-17-2020, 10:38 AM

You're killing me, Smalls. But great to see you here :)

MikeDuke
09-17-2020, 10:39 AM

All right, count me in.

I knew you couldn't resist the allure of the criminal element. You're riding shotgun.
Don't you know it. Anybody get's in our way :emot-flame:.

Beverly Marsh
09-17-2020, 10:39 AM

I AM LOVIN her work. I hope (pray) she gives Paul another book!!!!! (also sorry Brian lol)

Haha, +1. (Gotta "spread it around") Poor Brian!

Brian861
09-17-2020, 10:42 AM

Hey, if it can get me back on track, go for it!

Brian861
09-17-2020, 10:46 AM
Don't you know it. Anybody get's in our way :emot-flame:.

:rofl: Heat is one of my favorite films :orely: And I was pretty fond of The Town as well.

BadHatHarry
09-17-2020, 11:10 AM
Order The Auctioneer numbered and artist edition. Between that and the PlayStation 5, my wallet hates me.

webstar1000
09-17-2020, 11:10 AM
Order The Auctioneer numbered and artist edition. Between that and the PlayStation 5, my wallet hates me.

Lol

Hunchback Jack
09-17-2020, 11:25 AM

Likewise. Getting a 10x return on list price is very tempting, but Misery is a favourite, and my copy is a prized possession.

HBJ

BadHatHarry
09-17-2020, 11:27 AM
I overpaid for my copy of Misery (I thought, but I guess not), but I wouldn't ever sell it. It's gorgeous, and it's one of my top 3 books in my collection.

mikeC
09-17-2020, 01:09 PM
The Auctioneer looks like a great edition, glad you kept the original cover.

jeffingoff
09-17-2020, 01:25 PM
Just wanted to point out that I thought it was a GREAT move to allow everyone to pre-order the AGE as soon as the book was announced. I think it allows everyone in while the matching numbers and letters are sorted.

GypsyDRB
09-17-2020, 01:31 PM
Just wanted to point out that I thought it was a GREAT move to allow everyone to pre-order the AGE as soon as the book was announced. I think it allows everyone in while the matching numbers and letters are sorted. 100%. Paul has been amazing when it comes to trying to broaden the accessibility to the product for people wanting in without diluting the fact he's producing S/L books.

Committing to AGE's for the rest of 2020 was a very cool thing for him to do.

webstar1000
09-17-2020, 01:33 PM

Likewise. Getting a 10x return on list price is very tempting, but Misery is a favourite, and my copy is a prized possession.

HBJ

I own a red and a black number. It would take an INSANE offer to move either of them... and I mean... INSANE. I’m very proud of them.

Joe315
09-17-2020, 01:43 PM
I own a red and a black number. It would take an INSANE offer to move either of them... and I mean... INSANE. I’m very proud of them.

How about

https://media.giphy.com/media/r262MgmxJ1QgE/giphy.gif

jeffingoff
09-17-2020, 01:44 PM

Threads like these always frustrate me because the depressing reality is that very few of the books from other publishers that I own are worth anything. I didn't buy them as investments but as my tastes have changed and I've decided to create space and make money for what I want now, it takes more than a few books to get any substantial funds for better purchases.

Joe315
09-17-2020, 01:48 PM

Threads like these always frustrate me because the depressing reality is that very few of the books from other publishers that I own are worth anything. I didn't buy them as investments but as my tastes have changed and I've decided to create space and make money for what I want now, it takes more than a few books to get any substantial funds for better purchases.

If you are collecting as an investment you're doing it wrong. Very, very, few books will show growth like this. Like a car off a lot, you'll lose your investment on most books, limited editions or otherwise. I collect the books I like and I have adjusted my buying to basically one producer of fine limited editions. I don't see myself selling off my collection while I am still breathing but I do hope, and it is a hope, that my family will get something for it when I'm gone, which is why I'm the only one who can put their grubby little fingers on my books because I want them to be as prestine as possible.

jeffingoff
09-17-2020, 01:56 PM

If you are collecting as an investment you're doing it wrong. Very, very, few books will show growth like this. Like a car off a lot, you'll lose your investment on most books, limited editions or otherwise. I collect the books I like and I have adjusted my buying to basically one producer of fine limited editions. I don't see myself selling off my collection while I am still breathing but I do hope, and it is a hope, that my family will get something for it when I'm gone, which is why I'm the only one who can put their grubby little fingers on my books because I want them to be as prestine as possible.

Oh I completely agree. I've never intended for my collection to be an investment. The problem is that my collection really never had a focus or any sort of game plan. And after being up for anything, I have a bit of everything, and some of those things just don't appeal to me as much any more. So I'm trying to move them off the shelves to people who should cherish them and make money for the books I'll cherish. Otherwise, there's no point. My previous post is just me whining about my past decisions.

webstar1000
09-17-2020, 02:10 PM

How about

Well.... that would do it. Lol I’ll sell both for that even!

George at C-Springs
09-17-2020, 02:29 PM
*Originally Posted by*Joe315*

Originally Posted by*webstar1000*

How about

Sold. Take the whole shebang, bookcases included. I'll even deliver. And that comes with an UNOPENED Lettered Misery, so you get the entire orgasmic Suntup experience.

Joe315
09-17-2020, 02:39 PM

Oh I completely agree. I've never intended for my collection to be an investment. The problem is that my collection really never had a focus or any sort of game plan. And after being up for anything, I have a bit of everything, and some of those things just don't appeal to me as much any more. So I'm trying to move them off the shelves to people who should cherish them and make money for the books I'll cherish. Otherwise, there's no point. My previous post is just me whining about my past decisions.

Same here. I let the collecting bug get away from me for a bit and am trying to narrow my focus which includes selling, or at least trying to sell, those items that don’t appeal to me anymore.

lotuz
09-17-2020, 02:45 PM

Same boat! But I started probably 1-2 years ago with my transition away from "anything that looked appealing" to a much more focused collecting. Most of my first editions were not too bad because I got them cheap cheap cheap to begin with (talking about non-King firsts here). But small press books are a crap shoot. I've lucked out with a few titles gaining substantially (some Easton Press titles, actually!), and I always got extra Centipede Press titles, which have also done well, but trying to move things like Joe Hill (mostly books with multiple editions, where there's just one I want to keep), non-Lovecraft Arkham House books, and random SP, PS, CD, SST titles from non-major authors, has been a slog. Some folks on FB and eBay are mighty happy, though - taking them off my hands at a nice discount from list price :cry:

Whoever has the signature from Fight Club, it's perfect: “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Hunchback Jack
09-17-2020, 04:08 PM

I'm the same, Jeff. I don't collect as an investment, and I'm in the process of gradually offloading some prior purchases to free up space and focus my collection. Some books were a sure thing value wise, but most of the time it's a crapshoot - particularly if you buy on the secondary market. I've been selling some books at a profit; others at a loss. But that's just part of the deal when you collect as a hobby without much regard to future value - and that's okay so long as you're responsible about it.

Misery S/L is very much a happy accident for me. It sure isn't typical. :)

Same boat! But I started probably 1-2 years ago with my transition away from "anything that looked appealing" to a much more focused collecting. Most of my first editions were not too bad because I got them cheap cheap cheap to begin with (talking about non-King firsts here). But small press books are a crap shoot. I've lucked out with a few titles gaining substantially (some Easton Press titles, actually!), and I always got extra Centipede Press titles, which have also done well, but trying to move things like Joe Hill (mostly books with multiple editions, where there's just one I want to keep), non-Lovecraft Arkham House books, and random SP, PS, CD, SST titles from non-major authors, has been a slog. Some folks on FB and eBay are mighty happy, though - taking them off my hands at a nice discount from list price :cry:

Whoever has the signature from Fight Club, it's perfect: “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

All of this, exactly this.

(And that's my sig - because it's perfect, as you said).

HBJ

Noxus35
09-18-2020, 04:49 AM
I just received this beautiful slipcase made by Paul of 19th Edition for my red LTROI arc, you can really see that he had a lot of fun making this. [emoji6]

It's a tight fit but it fits and that's what matters, it looks amazing on the shelf and it will stay there safe and comfortable . https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200918/dca10bc6ddb6a8499689d32f4fd8ab37.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200918/42069cfe18f9d6241a1c841e00737e79.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200918/d84a4ce99c3032c13ddce3d3b2339565.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200918/0866e753f4d2fcb41056b4f097f73bd5.jpg

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

FlyerPhan0826
09-18-2020, 05:27 AM
Wow that looks absolutely amazing! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jsweet
09-18-2020, 06:32 AM
Wow that looks absolutely amazing! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Yes, very nice!

GenericEric
09-18-2020, 10:35 AM
I see some people are getting pretty cranky on the Fans of Suntup Group over others selling their numbered The Auctioneer with no rights

I think most people aren't doing it for the profit. I think they just want to hang onto their rights for a book that means more to them that they'll actually keep. Also, not everyone can afford to get every Suntup numbered edition every month. Some (like myself) have to pick and choose which ones to keep. The moment you give up your rights will be the moment a numbered is announced that you'd want to keep, but since you gave up rights you're SOL. Bumping the production up to 350 will definitely help though.

webstar1000
09-18-2020, 10:38 AM
I see some people are getting pretty cranky on the Fans of Suntup Group over others selling their numbered The Auctioneer with no rights

I think most people aren't doing it for the profit. I think they just want to hang onto their rights for a book that means more to them that they'll actually keep. Also, not everyone can afford to get every Suntup numbered edition every month. Some (like myself) have to pick and choose which ones to keep. The moment you give up your rights will be the moment a numbered is announced that you'd want to keep, but since you gave up rights you're SOL. Bumping the production up to 350 will definitely help though.

I have been on that thread... and only seen really one person say they are not a fan. lol 99% seem to support it totally... have you been back lately?

Brian861
09-18-2020, 10:40 AM

I personally don't understand what the big deal is and why folks become upset. Once you purchase anything, it's your property to do with as you see fit. If I'm able to get back on the train, I'll probably use this same model to stay on the train as I'm not a completist. It's all about what the book/s mean to me personally.

Brian861
09-18-2020, 10:43 AM

I have been on that thread... and only seen really one person say they are not a fan. lol 99% seem to support it totally... have you been back lately?

Damn 1 percenters.

Brian861
09-18-2020, 10:47 AM
How many are left of the numbered and do you guys think there will be another lottery for this one?

jeffingoff
09-18-2020, 10:51 AM

Those grumbles happen from time to time. Some folks are upset because they can't get on the numbered track and they're upset that the books go up in value so quickly but these are the prices the market will bear and if the prices were out of line, then the books would't sell. There really isn't a fairer system. My advice to you is to not take any of that personally and do what you need to do for your collection and finances. There's no one person out there who can sit as judge and decide who Truly Deserves to own any particular book. Or decide that a price is unfair. Like I said, if a price is out of line, the market will correct that seller.

jeffingoff
09-18-2020, 10:56 AM
How many are left of the numbered and do you guys think there will be another lottery for this one?

64 left. And yeah I think it'll get to a lottery. Might be more available than Neuromancer which only had 4 for the lottery. But I can't imagine there will be a ton available. I think without knowing what the next book will be, customers will take a buy and see approach. not a time to take chances. If people had a sense of what's waiting in the wings, they might feel better passing. But when they fill in that blank with no info to go off of, people tend to imagine something from their wish list.

Brian861
09-18-2020, 11:03 AM

64 left. And yeah I think it'll get to a lottery. Might be more available than Neuromancer which only had 4 for the lottery. But I can't imagine there will be a ton available. I think without knowing what the next book will be, customers will take a buy and see approach. not a time to take chances. If people had a sense of what's waiting in the wings, they might feel better passing. But when they fill in that blank with no info to go off of, people tend to imagine something from their wish list.

I just need to know if I need to set an alarm :lol: If it goes to lottery, I can sleep in :)

GenericEric
09-18-2020, 11:12 AM

whoops, that's my fault. Yeah just seems to be one person upset in that facebook group. I should have clarified better than that.

I have seen others in the past get upset about it. When I had Neuromancer listed on facebook and ebay I got private messages with them being upset I wasn't selling with rights, but as you said in the facebook group, I see it as good thing where more people have a chance to get the book instead of every original buyer hanging onto them.

Hunchback Jack
09-18-2020, 11:51 AM
I don’t think anyone is saying that there’s anything “wrong“ with reselling a book after you’ve purchased it. But I can understand collectors’ frustration, when they are not on the Numbered track, and the only way they can get numbered editions is by paying secondary market prices. With the way that rights work, it’s effectively a closed market. Those who don’t have rights have no way of buying the books at list price, because the existing numberEd track people have a lock on all copies - Regardless of whether they actually want the books or not.

Remember how bent out of shape some people here got when the room 217 copies from subterranean press all went to Camelot books, who sold them at enormous mark-up? This is kind of the same situation, where you have demand for a product, but supply is locked into a set group of collectors, and there’s no opportunity to release any to anyone else.

I think it would be interesting if the additional copies being made available when the limitation increases to 350 came with no rights. That way, everyone would have the opportunity to buy the titles they wanted at list price. You would still have people reselling them immediately, of course - and I have no problem with that - but at least the collectors who wanted the book itself would have an opportunity to get it at list price.

MikeDuke
09-18-2020, 11:53 AM
I am glad I deleted my post. I just know I would have gotten heat for it.

Lookwhoitis
09-18-2020, 12:05 PM

i dunno if you should ever delete your post. Personally I welcome discussion on both sides of an issue. You never KNOW how many people might agree with you even if they are not saying anything. It is a discussion board.

Lookwhoitis
09-18-2020, 12:10 PM
how do you access the feature on the Suntup website that tells you what number you own or helps in tracking down other numbers? I cant seem to find it.

jeffingoff
09-18-2020, 12:12 PM
how do you access the feature on the Suntup website that tells you what number you own or helps in tracking down other numbers? I cant seem to find it.

https://suntup.press/designations/

MLG
09-18-2020, 12:12 PM

On the internet someone will always be mad at you and it will never matter.

MikeDuke
09-18-2020, 12:19 PM
OK.
It was something like this. I have bought every book (#S\L) from HHH on. I don't plan on selling. So in point of fact, I am an original owner (minus Misery). I don't
intend on selling any of my books and I plan on buying every book Paul puts out. Above, unless I miss-interpreted the post, it was made to sound like "you" were a
bad guy if you chose not to sell. Well, I have no plans on selling. I am an original buyer and I plan on hanging on to all of my Suntup books. Does that make me
a bad guy? Or maybe I miss understood what was said above, in which case, I apologize for this post.

Lookwhoitis
09-18-2020, 12:27 PM
OK.
It was something like this. I have bought every book (#S\L) from HHH on. I don't plan on selling. So in point of fact, I am an original owner (minus Misery). I don't
intend on selling any of my books and I plan on buying every book Paul puts out. Above, unless I miss-interpreted the post, it was made to sound like "you" were a
bad guy if you chose not to sell. Well, I have no plans on selling. I am an original buyer and I plan on hanging on to all of my Suntup books. Does that make me
a bad guy? Or maybe I miss understood what was said above, in which case, I apologize for this post.

i dont think that is what he was/is referencing.

recently Paul Suntup gave a statement which clarified the "ability" to sell a Suntup edition "without rights" so you have seen a LOT of people come out of the woodwork and do exactly that. Put their editions up for sale at market rate which is usually at least $100 above purchase price and in some cases even more.

You definitely shouldnt be vilified if you choose to collect and KEEP your Suntup editions, In fact that what I think Paul would want and what most collectors would INTEND to do.

MikeDuke
09-18-2020, 12:36 PM
OK.

recently Paul Suntup gave a statement which clarified the "ability" to sell a Suntup edition "without rights" so you have seen a LOT of people come out of the woodwork and do exactly that. Put their editions up for sale at market rate which is usually at least $100 above purchase price and in some cases even more.

You definitely shouldnt be vilified if you choose to collect and KEEP your Suntup editions, In fact that what I think Paul would want and what most collectors would INTEND to do.
Gottcha. See, told you I miss-interpreted the post. That's why I deleted it because I think my first post was not as gentle as this one.

sullichin
09-18-2020, 12:37 PM

Amazing that people are willing to spend $500 just in case the next book is something they want

jeffingoff
09-18-2020, 12:47 PM

Amazing that people are willing to spend $500 just in case the next book is something they want

That's just my opinion/guess/nonsense. But considering that Suntups hold their value (and often increase very quickly) the risk is minimal. Basically there's no downside to buying every new release to avoid missing a "must-have" book. The published price is almost always the cheapest you'll ever be able to get these books. So staying on guarantees you'll get the next book as cheaply as possible. And you'll be able to recover money easily on the ones you don't want.

Hunchback Jack
09-18-2020, 12:54 PM

There’s no downside if you can flip it for 1.5 times list price as soon as you’ve paid for it. You can make your money back, and more, before the credit card bill is due.

That’s why every title now goes to a lottery, and I predict that eventually, there will be none available at all. There’s literally no reason to give up rights on any title, regardless of whether you want the book or not. It’s a beautiful book if you keep it; it’s free money if you don’t.

HBJ

Noxus35
09-18-2020, 12:57 PM
OK.

I intend to keep all of my collection, i've collected a lot more in my life and not just beautiful editions of books. Started doing this when i had my first job as a teenager.
Movies, cd's & vinyl records (the latter isn't all that big, around twenty copies or so)

I do, however, own around 1600 cd's (some are signed, most are not) and (inbetween) 1500-2000 dvd's and around 8 or 900 blu-ray's. I have only once sold an entire collection to another collector due to space shortage; all of my vhs tapes, however this might eventually happen to my dvd's.
I do not buy as an investment, that's for sure though. 😉

amd013
09-18-2020, 01:17 PM

I gave up my number because I didn't want to do that. In retrospect I could have keep buying so I could retain my rights and then sell the books once I receive it if it wasn't a book I wanted, but I felt I should give the opportunity for others the buy the book. So far I haven't really seen a book I am upset I missed. If I could have only bought the books I truely wanted then I would have only bought:
(in order of desire)

Misery
Horns
Red Dragon
Haunting of Hill House
H.G. wells books

and maybe

Fahrenheit 451 (since I have been thinking of reading that one)
The Lottery (same reason)
Rosemary's Baby

When I first became a collector I wondered if I would ever be able to get on the list to buy limited editions (until Suntup everything was strictly SK), but thankfully most have come from CD or PS since then, and they have high enough print runs that I don't have to worry about it (too much). So I think about my early self who was afraid of never being able to buy the limiteds from the publisher and decided not to deny someone the privilege just so I could flip the books I don't want while wait for books I do.

But I don't blame those we do continue buying in the case they want the next book, but not the current one.

GenericEric
09-18-2020, 02:34 PM
I think the clues for the next quarterly schedule will be a lot harder this time.

I'm sure Paul will come up with some good ones.

GenericEric
09-18-2020, 06:28 PM
A specific reason I don't want to sell my rights is I have a feeling we're going to be getting a Suntup of a Haruki Murakami novel maybe in the next few months or so.

I love Murakami's work so there's no way in hell I will miss out on a Numbered Murakami

MikeDuke
09-18-2020, 07:19 PM
29 numbered left as of 11:19pm EST

sullichin
09-18-2020, 07:37 PM

I gave up my number because I didn't want to do that. In retrospect I could have keep buying so I could retain my rights and then sell the books once I receive it if it wasn't a book I wanted, but I felt I should give the opportunity for others the buy the book. So far I haven't really seen a book I am upset I missed. If I could have only bought the books I truely wanted then I would have only bought:
(in order of desire)

Misery
Horns
Red Dragon
Haunting of Hill House
H.G. wells books

and maybe

Fahrenheit 451 (since I have been thinking of reading that one)
The Lottery (same reason)
Rosemary's Baby

When I first became a collector I wondered if I would ever be able to get on the list to buy limited editions (until Suntup everything was strictly SK), but thankfully most have come from CD or PS since then, and they have high enough print runs that I don't have to worry about it (too much). So I think about my early self who was afraid of never being able to buy the limiteds from the publisher and decided not to deny someone the privilege just so I could flip the books I don't want while wait for books I do.

But I don't blame those we do continue buying in the case they want the next book, but not the current one.

I did the same, I gave up my Red Dragon number. I'd love to own the others since but there weren't any must haves for me. I couldn't justify keeping all of them and I'm not inclined to sell a book every month either. I was so happy I was able to secure Red Dragon and I don't mind letting someone else get a chance at the next one. I am sure there will be a book down the line that will make me lose my mind because I can't get it, but oh well. I think they're doing a great job with the gift editions so I can be happy with those.

I also don't blame anyone who buys each book because it's the only way to secure the ones you want. I understand why people do it. The Auctioneer is just at that threshold for me really wanting it, so I'll try to get a numbered tomorrow (not expecting it at all), and if I did maybe I would reevaluate holding onto my hypothetical rights.

I just think it's amazing that Suntup books are so coveted. It's well-deserved for sure.

Brian861
09-18-2020, 10:12 PM
I think the clues for the next quarterly schedule will be a lot harder this time.

I'd like radio silence for a quarter with the reveal being on the order dates.

Patrick
09-18-2020, 11:31 PM

I’d be fine with this. Just tell us the dates and other announcements, but only the very vaguest of book descriptions if any at all. The only issue I can see is that you lose the buzz of excitement and discussion from people trying to figure out the next book. You lose a valuable tool for keeping your company at the top of many people’s minds.

Aremag
09-19-2020, 04:27 AM
Just bought my numbered and AGE versions and there doesn't seem to be many left.

RichardX
09-19-2020, 05:50 AM
In the absence of any clues, I'm going to guess that the next book is "Killing Commendatore." I've thrown down the gauntlet for random possibilities.

RichardX
09-19-2020, 05:52 AM
In the absence of any clues, I'm going to guess that the next book is "Killing Commendatore." I've thrown down the gauntlet for random possibilities. It should come with a bell.

Splync
09-19-2020, 08:55 AM
A specific reason I don't want to sell my rights is I have a feeling we're going to be getting a Suntup of a Haruki Murakami novel maybe in the next few months or so.

I love Murakami's work so there's no way in hell I will miss out on a Numbered Murakami

If we do get a Murakami title, I don't believe it will be until mid 2021, at the earliest. That survey mentioning Murakami was only a few months ago. If Paul already had a title secured, it'd be goofy to ask about him on the survey.

Brian861
09-19-2020, 11:05 AM

I’d be fine with this. Just tell us the dates and other announcements, but only the very vaguest of book descriptions if any at all. The only issue I can see is that you lose the buzz of excitement and discussion from people trying to figure out the next book. You lose a valuable tool for keeping your company at the top of many people’s minds.

I don't know. I think Suntup is always at the top of every crazed book collector's mind :) And it would be still be discussed ad nauseam on the fan page.

Lookwhoitis
09-19-2020, 03:07 PM

i am literaly neglecting my lifes financial responsibilities in the hopes that a signed Murakami, Blood Meridian, and/or Completion of the Harris trilogy comes down the pipeline.

JeremyM
09-19-2020, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=GenericEric;1217100]

i am literaly neglecting my lifes financial responsibilities in the hopes that a signed Murakami, Blood Meridian, and/or Completion of the Harris trilogy comes down the pipeline.

I’d love to see ‘Blood Meridian’ - ideally done letterpress on a really nice paper.

MikeDuke
09-19-2020, 03:26 PM
Whatever it is, I know how will be be ordering. This guy.

GypsyDRB
09-19-2020, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=GenericEric;1217100]

I’d love to see ‘Blood Meridian’ - ideally done letterpress on a really nice paper.

:biggrin1::excited::rolleyes1::excited::biggrin1:: biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1:: biggrin1:

ZombieElvis
09-19-2020, 06:20 PM

trilogy? but there are four Hannibal Lecter books by Thomas Harris.

GenericEric
09-19-2020, 07:02 PM

I still haven't got around to reading Hannibal Rising yet. Can't say I'm in much of hurry either.

Lookwhoitis
09-19-2020, 10:10 PM

haha. i forgot about the last one. i also have not read it yet.

herbertwest
09-20-2020, 08:22 AM
Paul shared some very nice pictures of the "The Time Machine" roman numeral editions
The 5 copies sold for $12,950

Any guess of what they will resell?
40k?

Joe315
09-20-2020, 08:27 AM
My guess is that the buyers will hold on to them.

Noxus35
09-20-2020, 08:30 AM
Paul shared some very nice pictures of the "The Time Machine" roman numeral editions

40k?

I don't believe that these will ever be sold again, i'm thinking that the buyers will keep them. 😉

jeffingoff
09-20-2020, 08:34 AM
Paul, that Roman numeral edition is otherworldly. Part of a publishing legacy no one can deny sits among the giants.

NiceM
09-20-2020, 09:02 AM
My god, that book!!!

herbertwest
09-20-2020, 09:59 AM

40k?

I don't believe that these will ever be sold again, i'm thinking that the buyers will keep them. 😉

Which means that the 1 owner that will decide to sell it, will get a high premium value

Noxus35
09-20-2020, 10:51 AM

40k?

Which means that the 1 owner that will decide to sell it, will get a high premium value

If one ever does, probably yes. But i do believe that this will stay a rare bird. 😉

sunilbhaiya72
09-20-2020, 11:01 AM
I'm both intrigued and excited It definitely looks like something EOTD related. Maybe creating something from scratch this time instead of a rebound? [/URL] and [URL="https://cartoonhd.onl"] (https://get-9apps.com/index/)

MikeDuke
09-20-2020, 01:00 PM
That RN Time Machine is a thing of beauty. I know if I had one, It would never leave my collection. Congrats Paul on a book that is way beyond anything I have seen.

Alec
09-20-2020, 03:23 PM
In all honesty I cannot say that H. G. Wells is in my top ten of favourite authors. However when in the hands of Paul Suntup the books are transported to a different level, which in the case of the Roman Numeral takes the story and depicts it on the case and the book. A vortex on the front of the book which is like nothing before. Incredible design, quality and the sheer determination to produce a book like this, sets it way above any other competition.
I am fortunate to own one of the Roman Numeral copies, it was delivered last week and I will not get to see it until 4th October, after this holiday. The question arises, will they all stay with their original purchasers. I fully understand if they do, a prize possession a work of the utmost beauty.
However it is my considered opinion that some pieces like these gather momentum by changing hands, the opportunity to acquire something like this in the market place can only generate enormous interest and garner greater accolades for the book. If they all now remain where they are the production maintains its iconic status but will only ever be enjoyed and treasured by five people. Personally I doubt whether the book would realise the figures some people imagine, above the original sale price (only my opinion). Nonetheless there is a lot to be said for a greater number of people having the opportunity of owning such a volume.
Most things in life have more meaning when there is some form of availability.

MikeDuke
09-20-2020, 03:49 PM
Well said Alec. I know I will view from afar and that's OK. But those 5 who have this book have something special for sure. The description on the website proves that this is a stunning book. I absolutely love the design. That 3D effect on the cover is so cool, it's easy to get lost in it. Paul is really pushing the limits and that's a good thing, even if everybody can't get one.

firemonkey66
09-20-2020, 05:35 PM
What an incredible book. It looks like it actually has gravity somehow! A total showstopper, and a next-level production, congratulations to all involved and to the new owners!

zelig
09-20-2020, 06:41 PM
I'll blame the Gremlins for this. There was one shot of the edition which I added to the post, but for some unknown reason, it wasn't in the published version. I've added it now, but here it is. This one shows the full cover, front and back.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/untitled-96-2.jpg

Noxus35
09-20-2020, 08:47 PM
I'll blame the Gremlins for this. There was one shot of the edition which I added to the post, but for some unknown reason, it wasn't in the published version. I've added it now, but here it is. This one shows the full cover, front and back.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/untitled-96-2.jpg

Truly a mindblowing design Paul, you've raised the bar like never before. Everything about this is extraordinary.
The vortex (incredible), those red eyes everywhere, heck even the bookbinder's stamp at the endsheets is gorgeous
I'm really curious and excited to see what you have in store for us in terms of design for the lettered rebound edition of Neuromancer.
If it's only a fourth of the quality you've accomplished here for The Time Machine then it will be an absolute piece of art, i have no doubt about it.
Anything you can share with us about the design of the Neuromancer LRE or would you rather keep it to yourself for the time being?

Either way, stunning work. Well done! 👌🏻

Lookwhoitis
09-21-2020, 07:18 AM
just got an email advertising the AGE of 1984 and LTROI is getting lower and to order now.

Has the countdown indicator of units remaining been removed on purpose? I have never seen it work for those two books.

ICry4Oy
09-21-2020, 09:40 AM
I'm both intrigued and excited It definitely looks like something EOTD related. Maybe creating something from scratch this time instead of a rebound?

??? :confused:

webstar1000
09-21-2020, 10:23 AM
I'm both intrigued and excited It definitely looks like something EOTD related. Maybe creating something from scratch this time instead of a rebound?

??? :confused:

I will second... ?????????????????????????????

ZombieElvis
09-21-2020, 10:42 AM

I don't even understand
there is nothing to indicate an Eyes of the Dragon Edition?

Noxus35
09-21-2020, 10:48 AM
Maybe creating something from scratch this time instead of a rebound?

I just don't fully understand this sentence. :confused:

JeremyM
09-21-2020, 10:56 AM

I don't even understand

The wording is verbatim from post #10 in this thread, by a different user - weird.

GenericEric
09-21-2020, 10:58 AM

I don't even understand

The wording is verbatim from post #10 in this thread, by a different user - weird.

A glitch in the matrix!

ZombieElvis
09-21-2020, 11:10 AM

I don't even understand

A glitch in the matrix!

another suntup Easter egg?
what could it mean?

Randall Flagg
09-21-2020, 11:44 AM

I don't even understand

That post is over 3.5 years old. Verbatim, or not, the comment is a head scratcher at this time.

Brian861
09-21-2020, 11:48 AM
Spam bot?

Noxus35
09-21-2020, 11:50 AM
Spam bot?

I have googled his username and he has been registered at many different forums in the last couple of days , only posting once so it could be something like that.

zelig
09-21-2020, 11:59 AM
I'm really curious and excited to see what you have in store for us in terms of design for the lettered rebound edition of Neuromancer.
If it's only a fourth of the quality you've accomplished here for The Time Machine then it will be an absolute piece of art, i have no doubt about it.
Anything you can share with us about the design of the Neuromancer LRE or would you rather keep it to yourself for the time being?

There isn't anything I have to share on this, and probably won't share anything until the book is delivered to you. Also, I'd just make sure your expectations are in line. I wouldn't really compare the rebound Neuromancer to the Roman Time Machine, even with what you said about "fourth of the quality". It isn't about quality and more about binding design. This Roman edition is in a completely different ballpark to what the rebound Neuromancer prize will be. Of course, I will make sure it's a top quality binding with a nice design, but yes, I thought I should just mention that. The two books are on polar opposites.

just got an email advertising the AGE of 1984 and LTROI is getting lower and to order now.

Has the countdown indicator of units remaining been removed on purpose? I have never seen it work for those two books.

Yes. I don't think it makes sense to show an inventory count for books that still have either hundreds of copies or just under 100. I will probably begin to display it when they get down to low double digits.

MikeDuke
09-21-2020, 12:04 PM
Is tomorrow the news letter for the last quarter?

Noxus35
09-21-2020, 12:13 PM

There isn't anything I have to share on this, and probably won't share anything until the book is delivered to you. Also, I'd just make sure your expectations are in line. I wouldn't really compare the rebound Neuromancer to the Roman Time Machine, even with what you said about "fourth of the quality". It isn't about quality and more about binding design. This Roman edition is in a completely different ballpark to what the rebound Neuromancer prize will be. Of course, I will make sure it's a top quality binding with a nice design, but yes, I thought I should just mention that. The two books are on polar opposites.

Okay, well thank you very much for answering my question and clearing that up Paul.
It'll be a good surprise! [emoji6]

Lookwhoitis
09-21-2020, 06:50 PM
Yes. I don't think it makes sense to show an inventory count for books that still have either hundreds of copies or just under 100. I will probably begin to display it when they get down to low double digits.

Appreciate the clarity, Paul. I was confounded & worried it might be something on my end like adblock or privacy badger blocking the script or something. I also appreciate the fact that you plan on turning it back on for the final countdown.

CyberGhostface
09-22-2020, 06:30 AM
This horror novel, our second release by the author, is a real page-turner and it has been described as a terrifying tale of gothic suspense. The book is available in two states: Lettered and Numbered. The Numbered edition is limited to 350 copies. Both editions are signed by the author as well as the artist, and feature a new and exclusive introduction by the author.

Seed by Ania Ahlborn? It's been referred to as gothic suspense.

burgerhicks80
09-22-2020, 06:31 AM
announcement schedule!

https://suntup.press/news/announcement-schedule-october-december-2020/

JGeis
09-22-2020, 06:37 AM
Ok, someone tell me what these books will be. You guys always seem to be right on and I never have the faintest idea.

burgerhicks80
09-22-2020, 06:37 AM
it sucks my number is #239 so im out on the book of poetry but hopefully I can get it through lottery or for a reasonable price in the forum or Facebook page

burgerhicks80
09-22-2020, 06:40 AM
Carrie has been described as gothic suspense and tt would be the second book by King that Suntup has published. not holding my breath though

JeremyM
09-22-2020, 06:41 AM
Interesting... so my guesses:

- October #1 - Minority Report, Philip K Dick
- November - Seed, Ania Ahlborn
- December #1/2 - Hmm... I'm thinking Asimov or Clarke off the top of my head, but not sure which

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 06:42 AM
The first one of October sounds like it could be The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood or maybe even Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. Both author's are alive. 😉

JeremyM
09-22-2020, 06:44 AM
The first one of October sounds like it could be The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood or maybe even Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. Both author's are alive. 😉

The book isn't signed by the author though - only the author of the introduction.

Nemoh21
09-22-2020, 06:45 AM
Well for the first one I’d say A Brave New World by Huxley. If that’s right I’d be so excited. As for the 3rd release I’d either say Seed by Ahlborn most likely or possibly Child if God or Outer Dark by McCarthy. Prior to The Border Trilogy most all of McCarthys books are described as “southern gothic”. As for December I’d say it is Michael Chrichton. As far as titles go idk, it has to be 2 years apart so I’d go Jurassic Park and Sphere??? Maybe Andromeda Strain and another early title from the late 60s? Idk those are my guesses I’m probably nowhere near right. Lol

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 06:45 AM

The book isn't signed by the author though - only the author of the introduction.

Hm, i misread that piece haha

burgerhicks80
09-22-2020, 06:46 AM

its not signed by the author though so its likely they have passed away

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 06:47 AM

Yeah, like i said i misread that part.

But what about Children of Men by P.D. James?

JeremyM
09-22-2020, 06:56 AM
Ok - I'm pretty sure that Dec is Heinlein - probably 'Stranger in a Strange Land' and 'Starship Troopers'. Published within two years of each other and the phrase 'was among the first to emphasize scientific accuracy in science-fiction' is verbatim off Heinlein's wikipedia page.

Nemoh21
09-22-2020, 06:57 AM
Another October possibility is Do Androids Dream if Electric Sheep by Phillip Dick.

JeremyM
09-22-2020, 06:58 AM

Yeah, like i said i misread that part.

But what about Children of Men by P.D. James?

P.D. James is primarily known as a crime writer, and this writer is described as "one of the most influential science fiction authors of the 20th Century" - not sure it fits.

kingfan2323
09-22-2020, 06:58 AM
Ok - I'm pretty sure that Dec is Heinlein - probably 'Stranger in a Strange Land' and 'Starship Troopers'. Published within two years of each other and the phrase 'was among the first to emphasize scientific accuracy in science-fiction' is verbatim off Heinlein's wikipedia page.Sounds like that could be our first Lock in regards to guesses?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Garrell
09-22-2020, 06:59 AM
Robert Heinlein - Starship Troopers and Stranger in A Strange Land = December releases :)
Bah just seen I was beat by 3 minutes, my slow typing loses again

JeremyM
09-22-2020, 07:01 AM
Another October possibility is Do Androids Dream if Electric Sheep by Phillip Dick.

Yeah - this is better guess than my initial thought of 'Minority Report'.

Nemoh21
09-22-2020, 07:03 AM
Ok - I'm pretty sure that Dec is Heinlein - probably 'Stranger in a Strange Land' and 'Starship Troopers'. Published within two years of each other and the phrase 'was among the first to emphasize scientific accuracy in science-fiction' is verbatim off Heinlein's wikipedia page.

This 100 percent this! Good job on this guess. I was hoping Chrichton but you are right with this guess

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 07:15 AM

Now, this would be a cool set. 😉

JGeis
09-22-2020, 07:28 AM
I’m stoked that all 3 science fiction titles are getting AGE’s. I thought November could be We Have Always Lived in the Castle.

JeremyM
09-22-2020, 07:31 AM
I’m stoked that all 3 science fiction titles are getting AGE’s. I thought November could be We Have Always Lived in the Castle.

It's noted as a second release by that author, and they've already published Jackson twice. Additionally it's being signed by the author- so I'm still thinking 'Seed'

Anyone have a guess for the poetry collection? https://www.pulitzer.org/prize-winners-by-category/224

JGeis
09-22-2020, 07:35 AM
Good call. Makes more sense.

MikeDuke
09-22-2020, 07:38 AM
Wow.
There is a lot to go through in that news letter. 5 books. Way to finish out the year.

firemonkey66
09-22-2020, 07:50 AM
I’m bummed that the book of poetry is only 1-150 as my number is 165. I suppose it would be 100 times worse if it was a King title, though.

MikeDuke
09-22-2020, 07:53 AM
Yea, I am squeaking in with my number being 130.

webstar1000
09-22-2020, 07:59 AM
I’m bummed that the book of poetry is only 1-150 as my number is 165. I suppose it would be 100 times worse if it was a King title, though.

million times worse bro!

webstar1000

Tell me about it.. my lifetime number is... ready for this?????????????????? #150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lookwhoitis
Well, after seeing todays production announcement, I have decided I am going to have to put some books on the market to have a chance at keeping a seat on the train.

I have # 188 of both Bibliomysteries and The Auctioneer ordered and would be willing to move them. Please note that I am not interested in selling my rights, so if you wanted the Auctioneer, it would be for the book itself, no rights included.

Shoot me a private message if you have any interest and we can discuss specifics from there.

MikeDuke
09-22-2020, 08:01 AM

Tell me about it.. my lifetime number is... ready for this?????????????????? #150!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow. Right on the line.

JeremyM
09-22-2020, 08:03 AM

Now, this would be a cool set. 😉

Have you read 'Armor' by John Steakley? In terms of plot, setting has some similarities to 'Starship Troopers' - but a very different book. Not sure how much this gets read, but there are some striking aspects to it - though it's a little overlong at points.

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 08:06 AM

Now, this would be a cool set. [emoji6]

Have you read 'Armor' by John Steakley? In terms of plot, setting has some similarities to 'Starship Troopers' - but a very different book. Not sure how much this gets read, but there are some striking aspects to it - though it's a little overlong at points.No, i haven't. I will put that on my TBR list, thanks! [emoji1303]

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 08:41 AM

It's noted as a second release by that author, and they've already published Jackson twice. Additionally it's being signed by the author- so I'm still thinking 'Seed'

Anyone have a guess for the poetry collection? https://www.pulitzer.org/prize-winners-by-category/224

Hm... Many authors to choose from of course but this one by Frank Bidart sounds quite interesting : Half-light: Collected Poems 1965–2016 .

Stockerlone
09-22-2020, 08:46 AM
Robert Heinlein - Starship Troopers and Stranger in A Strange Land = December releases :)

Robert Heinlein..... but maybe .... Tunnel in the Sky ?

JeremyM
09-22-2020, 09:08 AM

Hm... Many authors to choose from of course but this one by Frank Bidart sounds quite interesting : Half-light: Collected Poems 1965–2016 .

'Life on Mars' by Tracy K. Smith could be interesting, something of a popular following - and could fit in with the nominal sci-fi theme that q4 seems to have.

JeremyM
09-22-2020, 09:12 AM

Robert Heinlein..... but maybe .... Tunnel in the Sky ?

Not sure about that - "these classic novels published within two years of each other, are considered among the writer’s greatest achievements"

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 09:17 AM

'Life on Mars' by Tracy K. Smith could be interesting, something of a popular following - and could fit in with the nominal sci-fi theme that q4 seems to have.

Interesting as well, i do love mythology though. Half-Light has 736 pages and Life On Mars has 88 pages.
Both sound equally interesting to me, although i haven't read much poetry in my life.

Hunchback Jack
09-22-2020, 09:44 AM

This 100 percent this! Good job on this guess. I was hoping Chrichton but you are right with this guess

Nice! I was thinking Heinlein, but couldn’t think which books. Those two make sense.

(A volume of the moon is a harsh mistress would also be very welcome. That’s an extraordinary book of his as well.)

jeffingoff
09-22-2020, 09:56 AM

Nice! I was thinking Heinlein, but couldn’t think which books. Those two make sense.

(A volume of the moon is a harsh mistress would also be very welcome. That’s an extraordinary book of his as well.)

I've never read Heinlein. The closest I've come is listening to Iron Maiden.

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 09:58 AM

That's Huxley's Brave New World though. [emoji51]

jeffingoff
09-22-2020, 10:07 AM

I was thinking Stranger in a Strange Land and Number of the Beast were both inspired by Heinlein, but a few minutes of research disconfirmed that.

jeffingoff
09-22-2020, 10:08 AM
Have the winners of the lottery for The Auctioneer been contacted?

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 10:14 AM

I was thinking Stranger in a Strange Land and Number of the Beast were both inspired by Heinlein, but a few minutes of research disconfirmed that.

Ah good one, i had not thought about specific songs to be honest. 😉

Splync
09-22-2020, 10:14 AM
My dream of owning every Suntup Edition has pretty much been destroyed by this newsletter. I can swing a book a month, but if we're starting to get two per month... I knew it was only a matter of time, haha!

But I'll stay on for as long as I can!

Maybe January will be Stephen King so that I can save myself some money (as I am not on that numbered track).

zelig
09-22-2020, 10:29 AM

Yes, and all remaining copies have been purchased. The Customer Designation lookup should be updated soon.

jeffingoff
09-22-2020, 10:30 AM

Yes, and all remaining copies have been purchased. The Customer Designation lookup should be updated soon.

Awesome!

GenericEric
09-22-2020, 10:37 AM

I was given #16 when I won the lottery for Neuromancer. I was surprised that number was available.

webstar1000
09-22-2020, 10:49 AM

I was given #16 when I won the lottery for Neuromancer. I was surprised that number was available.

Someone hopped off the train leaving that free. Great number to have!

MikeDuke
09-22-2020, 11:11 AM
Schedule has been updated on the site.

Noxus35
09-22-2020, 11:44 AM

Congratulations on the sell out Paul!
Ah well, i've now ordered the AGE of The Auctioneer. 😎

Br!an
09-22-2020, 02:24 PM

I grok that!

CyberGhostface
09-22-2020, 06:00 PM
For those who haven’t read it yet and want to before the Suntup edition comes out Amazon has the ebook for Let the Right One In at $1.99.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00I1W23GI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_iBLAFbHGPXX6F

As you can see it’s the remake tie-in edition with the bowdlerized American title but the book is still the same.

GenericEric
09-22-2020, 06:42 PM
Suntup information overload!

Looking like a strong finish to the year. Wasn't expecting 5 books!

stroppygoblin
09-23-2020, 01:55 AM

This is in no way confirmation of anything regarding the books being published, but if you haven't read Heinlein, you have missed out on an amazing Science Fiction author. I was a voracious sci-fi reader in my youth and moved quickly from the children's section to the Adult Sci-fi by the age of about 11 or 12. I read I Will Fear No Evil around this time (published a little later than Stranger In A Strange Land) and if you have read it, you'll know thats quite an early age for the content and concepts of this book! It has stuck with me as one of my all time favourite Sci-fi novels ever though.

jeffingoff
09-23-2020, 05:19 AM

This is in no way confirmation of anything regarding the books being published, but if you haven't read Heinlein, you have missed out on an amazing Science Fiction author. I was a voracious sci-fi reader in my youth and moved quickly from the children's section to the Adult Sci-fi by the age of about 11 or 12. I read I Will Fear No Evil around this time (published a little later than Stranger In A Strange Land) and if you have read it, you'll know thats quite an early age for the content and concepts of this book! It has stuck with me as one of my all time favourite Sci-fi novels ever though.

I’ve just largely stayed away from sci-fi. But when I read it I like it. In college I had an American Lit class that was all science fiction and I loved it. That’s where I read PKD and Ursula LeGuin and Wells and tons of other authors via short fiction. But I don’t think I’ve ever read Heinlein. I might have an opportunity to fix that . . .

Splync
09-23-2020, 06:47 AM

This is in no way confirmation of anything regarding the books being published

Too late! Heinlein confirmed!! ;-)

NiceM
09-23-2020, 07:00 AM

I’ve just largely stayed away from sci-fi. But when I read it I like it. I’m college I had an American Lit class that was all science fiction and I loved it. That’s where I read PKD and Ursula LeGuin and Wells and tons of other authors via short fiction. But I don’t think I’ve ever read Heinlein. I might have an opportunity to fix that . . .

You can not go wrong with The Big 3: Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke. Do you own CP's childhood's end? Its a wonderful read

OldCrow88
09-23-2020, 07:23 AM

Here's hoping for a statue of Eddie as a starship trooper!

Garrell
09-23-2020, 08:34 AM
If Eddie was on the cover? Favorite Suntup for sure. 🤪

Black Miau
09-23-2020, 05:11 PM
I lost the Suntup Bookmark Pack. If anyone has an extra one for sale. I'm here!

HorrorfanTom
09-23-2020, 05:35 PM
If Eddie was on the cover? Favorite Suntup for sure. 🤪

Yes! If there is any way for Paul to make this happen this would be fantastic!!

Hunchback Jack
09-23-2020, 06:40 PM
I concur with Simon’s recommendation of Heinlein. For me, it was the short story collection “the menace from earth”, which got me started on him. A great collection in itself, and the short story, “by his bootstraps” is a classic.

HBJ

shaq
09-24-2020, 12:56 AM

I’m googling this too, but on kindle, a version comes up by William layman? Same premise, character names as Heinlein? Is there a difference?

richardsrarebooks
09-24-2020, 04:23 AM
Subterranean Press is selling the AGE of Fahrenheit for the list price of $95. Just got their email.

burgerhicks80
09-25-2020, 02:45 PM
Putting it out there again! Looking for Rosemary's Baby and The Road #239

GenericEric
09-25-2020, 07:51 PM
I know the case making stage of production can still take awhile but I have a feeling we'll be getting The Auctioneer Numbered ahead of schedule.

herbertwest
09-26-2020, 06:04 AM
Recieved an email from Camelot Books, 20 minutes ago, about a lettered MISERY they sold at 6k.
And that they were now selling another copy at 8k

Their website says sold out... so it sold?

> https://camelotbooks.com/books/detail/misery

GypsyDRB
09-26-2020, 06:15 AM
Recieved an email from Camelot Books, 20 minutes ago, about a lettered MISERY they sold at 6k.

Not a lettered, a numbered. Pretty sure that one for 6k sold (3 weeks ago or so). Looks like they have another copy on consignment.

Ivo
09-26-2020, 07:01 AM

Not a lettered, a numbered. Pretty sure that one for 6k sold (3 weeks ago or so). Looks like they have another copy on consignment.

Did this include the AGE? What do the AGE’s usually go for 250.00, 275.00? If so, does this raise the bar on the numbered edition?
7,750.00? If so, I can see some numbered ones be sold more if it starts nearing eight grand on its own.

frik
09-26-2020, 07:47 AM

Did this include the AGE? What do the AGE’s usually go for 250.00, 275.00? If so, does this raise the bar on the numbered edition?
7,750.00? If so, I can see some numbered ones be sold more if it starts nearing eight grand on its own.

No, it's just the numbered; AGE not included.

sk

Scoogs
09-26-2020, 08:29 AM

It's still showing as available.

Kongo
09-26-2020, 04:25 PM
https://scontent.flas1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/120222311_3446135822111257_2633575745844248116_o.j pg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=110474&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=NL50sP1z6sAAX_c-43n&_nc_ht=scontent.flas1-1.fna&tp=14&oh=b729a84297f611002c9e5e64fe8e6b43&oe=5F96D258

Very thankful to have these waiting for me in the mailbox today. Beautiful work as always Paul. Now to get these bad boys in protective sleeves

MikeDuke
09-27-2020, 06:19 AM
Looks cool. What is the 4th one from the left in the bottom row. I don't have some of the ones on the to row but they all look nice.

Patrick
09-27-2020, 09:16 AM
Looks cool. What is the 4th one from the left in the bottom row. I don't have some of the ones on the to row but they all look nice.
F451

jeffingoff
09-27-2020, 10:07 AM

If you’ve been buying all the non-king numbered direct from Paul, then the only bookmarks you don’t have are Misery, EOTD Portfolio, and Haunting of Hill House. Make sure you’re not tossing anything away.

kingfan2323
09-27-2020, 10:51 AM

If you’ve been buying all the non-king numbered direct from Paul, then the only bookmarks you don’t have are Misery, EOTD Portfolio, and Haunting of Hill House. Make sure you’re not tossing anything away.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAnother funny, high spirited, and delightful unboxing video on your new bookmarks, Sir. Well done.

https://youtu.be/vNNDwCJ2fNk

webstar1000
09-27-2020, 11:02 AM
Bumping my offer for the other Misery numbered I’m in search of.... to $6000!

amd013
09-27-2020, 11:30 AM

Does Camelot haggle? You could try them since they have one for $8K and recently sold one for $6K.

webstar1000
09-27-2020, 11:56 AM

Does Camelot haggle? You could try them since they have one for $8K and recently sold one for $6K.

No they don’t :(

MikeDuke
09-27-2020, 02:54 PM
F451
Boy am I stupid. I meant 4th from the right.
Never mind. It was in the book. But I have most of the others. It's no big deal. I was just curious.
I have the envelopes in separate folder but I am pretty sure that I have most of the book marks and envelopes.
The envelopes I have are:
RB
Misery
F451
IAL
Horns
Red Dragon
I have BM for every book though accept for HHH.
It's all good. I did not even know about that book mark collection because I am not on FB.

Lookwhoitis
09-27-2020, 08:40 PM
Well, after seeing todays production announcement, I have decided I am going to have to put some books on the market to have a chance at keeping a seat on the train.

I have # 188 of both Bibliomysteries and The Auctioneer ordered and would be willing to move them. Please note that I am not interested in selling my rights, so if you wanted the Auctioneer, it would be for the book itself, no rights included.

Shoot me a private message if you have any interest and we can discuss specifics from there.

Bumping to see if anyone is interested in these two books. Trying to stay on the train.

jeffingoff
09-28-2020, 11:11 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAnother funny, high spirited, and delightful unboxing video on your new bookmarks, Sir. Well done.

https://youtu.be/vNNDwCJ2fNk

Ha! Thank you! I am thrilled I was able to get one. If anything this alone made my FB account worthwhile. I can deactivate now.

MikeDuke
09-29-2020, 05:39 AM
Update on the status page :excited:. Can't wait to get more books on my shelf.

webstar1000
09-29-2020, 05:44 AM

SECURED.

Patrick
09-29-2020, 05:49 AM
Mike, no worries. Glad you got you bookmarks sorted. HoHH was issued without one, so this release rectifies that.

SECURED.
Congrats to the seller and to your buyer, Kris.

Jeff, I enjoyed your bookmark video, although I waited until after I had opened my set to watch yours.

webstar1000
09-30-2020, 03:22 PM
Damm status page says Invisible letter is done. WTF

MikeDuke
09-30-2020, 03:51 PM

That's awesome. It will probably go out in a few days. The numbered is still in the blue for cakemaking . And WOTW numbered is now Blue for cakemaking.

zelig
09-30-2020, 04:33 PM

That's awesome. It will probably go out in a few days. The numbered is still in the blue for cakemaking . And WOTW numbered is now Blue for cakemaking.

It won’t go out in a few days. I need to get the foam in first, and I may ship the Lettered with the Numbered, which will be done soonish. We’ll see. Just FYI.

burgerhicks80
09-30-2020, 05:38 PM

It won’t go out in a few days. I need to get the foam in first, and I may ship the Lettered with the Numbered, which will be done soonish. We’ll see. Just FYI.

thanks for the update, Paul

kingfan2323
09-30-2020, 07:25 PM
We still looking at numbered Invisible Man, Bibliomysteries, and then War of the Worlds in the shipping order? So pumped!

zelig
09-30-2020, 07:33 PM
We still looking at numbered Invisible Man, Bibliomysteries, and then War of the Worlds in the shipping order? So pumped!

May not be in that order but those are all at the tail end of production. The next book to ship will likely be the Numbered edition of The Auctioneer.

kingfan2323
09-30-2020, 07:57 PM

May not be in that order but those are all at the tail end of production. The next book to ship will likely be the Numbered edition of The Auctioneer.I saw that one was zooming along too! Very exciting. Still have that and LTROI on my long reading list.

MikeDuke
10-01-2020, 05:34 AM
OK. My mistake. But some of these do seem to be flying. I really don't mind the order. I just like watching the colors change.

amd013
10-01-2020, 07:51 AM
..... I just like watching the colors change.

Sigh, this statement makes me miss living in the Midwest at this time of year.

Paul, maybe you need to add the foam packing to the status page. LOL!

Looks like the Auctioneer will be the first book shipped that won't be coming my way. Would be interesting to find out if anyone here got my #12.

jeffingoff
10-01-2020, 07:51 AM

May not be in that order but those are all at the tail end of production. The next book to ship will likely be the Numbered edition of The Auctioneer.

That's fantastic. Though that would be my answer to any shipping notice for any Suntup book. I am really looking forward to Bibliomysteries with the mysterious case of the, well, case. What do it look like?! But I'm also really anxious for Neuromancer. Will I like it?? I need to read it. And then, yeah, I am very curious about The Auctioneer. And what will that slipcase look like?? I'll read the AGE when I get it.

George at C-Springs
10-01-2020, 08:06 AM
Suntup Editions The Haunting Of Hill House Advance Review Copy ARC Suntup Press (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntup-Editions-The-Haunting-Of-Hill-House-Advance-Review-Copy-ARC-Suntup-Press/184461831388?hash=item2af2c82cdc:g:PPYAAOSwqSBfbT5 S)

Suntup Editions The Haunting Of Hill House Advance Review Copy ARC Suntup Press. Item pictured is the one you receive. Please note, as evidenced in the pictures, this is an ARC and as thus is not signed. Feel free to ask any questions. This ARC, and title in general, is extremely difficult to find. Shipped with USPS Media Mail.

Bid is at $202.50 with just under 9 hours to go.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/Screenshot_2020-10-01-10-04-56-1.png

zelig
10-01-2020, 10:55 AM
Paul, maybe you need to add the foam packing to the status page. LOL!

Good one! The foam usually takes 10 days to 2 weeks to manufacture. The inserts are made to order for each shipment. Sometimes I will get an advance copy, and then I get the order in ahead of receiving the books to save time. Sometimes not and we'll have the books waiting for foam. But there is other prep work involved before we can ship. There's the process of numbering the books, inserting them in the slipcases, building the shipping boxes, inserting the foam. Things like that. A lot happens around a book shipment and it just takes time. Once we are ready to pack, put labels on and get it ready for pickup buy the carriers, that only takes 1-2 days.

I am really looking forward to Bibliomysteries with the mysterious case of the, well, case. What do it look like?!

I don't know if it's too mysterious! It's just a "cigar style" case. That is just the way this structure is described. At least, that is what I know it to be called. The rebound Dark Half had a cigar style box.

jeffingoff
10-01-2020, 11:11 AM
I don't know if it's too mysterious! It's just a "cigar style" case. That is just the way this structure is described. At least, that is what I know it to be called. The rebound Dark Half had a cigar style box.

Those are just words, Paul. I'm talking about the feel, the sight, the experience. It's simply a mystery since it hasn't been photographed. So it'll be a reveal and a treat. Like The Auctioneer slipcase.

jeffingoff
10-01-2020, 11:19 AM

Those are just words, Paul. I'm talking about the feel, the sight, the experience. It's simply a mystery since it hasn't been photographed. So it'll be a reveal and a treat. Like The Auctioneer slipcase.

ALSO, looking at the style of case you used for the Dragon Rebound edition of The Dark Half only made me more excited for Bibliomysteries.

MikeDuke
10-01-2020, 11:48 AM
Is anybody excited for next Wed an Thursday? Because I sure am.

shaq
10-01-2020, 11:50 AM

I am very excited about this. I have really taken to this story. So a big big thank you to Paul for that introduction

zelig
10-01-2020, 12:40 PM

Ah, true true. You haven’t seen pics of either one of those. I think I’ll start doing that with the books. Will save me a lot of time. I mean, you don’t need to see pictures of the books anymore do you??

MikeDuke
10-01-2020, 12:47 PM

Ah, true true. You haven’t seen pics of either one of those. I think I’ll start doing that with the books. Will save me a lot of time. I mean, you don’t need to see pictures of the books anymore do you??
TBH, not really. But I do like looking at them. OK, there. I said it out loud.

jeffingoff
10-01-2020, 12:53 PM

To be honest, I wouldn't need to see them. I already spend more than I ever have on books I've never read based solely on the trust I have that you will deliver something I'll want to own forever. I will need titles however. just to know what I'm buying.

zelig
10-01-2020, 01:54 PM

To be honest, I wouldn't need to see them. I already spend more than I ever have on books I've never read based solely on the trust I have that you will deliver something I'll want to own forever. I will need titles however. just to know what I'm buying.

Wait, now you've given me another idea. We don't announce the title. It remains a mystery until it's delivered. Man, you have all the good ideas.

NiceM
10-01-2020, 02:24 PM

Wait, now you've given me another idea. We don't announce the title. It remains a mystery until it's delivered. Man, you have all the good ideas.

We would still buy them Paul :D

jeffingoff
10-01-2020, 02:59 PM

I dare you to do that! If I still have my ticket to the numbered train I will buy it! Just show a cardboard box with the Suntup tape on the product page. What an unboxing that will be! I’ll have to avoid all social media during shipping so I won’t know what it is before I get it in the mail.

Dr. Dawg
10-01-2020, 04:37 PM
I'd definitely be in for a mystery release!

ZombieElvis
10-01-2020, 04:52 PM
i would purchase a Suntup Mystery Book under the following conditions :
1)no numbered or lettered rights were attached
2) it was priced no higher than a gift edition (or maybe a mystery paperback)
i know this is a joke idea but it sure would be a fun box to open! Maybe add a spoiler clause, nobody should reveal the contents until all tracked orders have been delivered (impossible I am sure).

Joe315
10-01-2020, 05:29 PM
i would purchase a Suntup Mystery Book under the following conditions :
1)no numbered or lettered rights were attached
2) it was priced no higher than a gift edition (or maybe a mystery paperback)
i know this is a joke idea but it sure would be a fun box to open! Maybe add a spoiler clause, nobody should reveal the contents until all tracked orders have been delivered (impossible I am sure).

I like this idea.

Aremag
10-01-2020, 05:44 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/TXmove.jpeg (http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=28093&title=txmove&cat=500)

Well my Suntup books and I are now officially Texas residents. They made the 26 hour drive in the car with me. Eventually I hope my movers will show up with my stuff so the books can go back on shelves.

jeffingoff
10-01-2020, 06:37 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/TXmove.jpeg (http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=28093&title=txmove&cat=500)

Well my Suntup books and I are now officially Texas residents. They made the 26 hour drive in the car with me. Eventually I hope my movers will show up with my stuff so the books can go back on shelves.

Congrats on the move! And you brought the most important items. You can take the books out and sleep on the foam.

Brian861
10-01-2020, 11:40 PM
Congrats on the move! And you brought the most important items. You can take the books out and sleep on the foam.

:wtf:

Brian861
10-01-2020, 11:43 PM
The Auctioneer - Numbered Edition 149 :)

CyberGhostface
10-02-2020, 02:11 PM
I was recently able to obtain a numbered LTROI and cube at issue price. My initial plan was to purchase a future Suntup numbered and see if anyone wanted to trade for it so this saved me a lot of hassle and potential grief.

jeffingoff
10-02-2020, 03:09 PM
I was recently able to obtain a numbered LTROI and cube at issue price. My initial plan was to purchase a future Suntup numbered and see if anyone wanted to trade for it so this saved me a lot of hassle and potential grief.

Congrats! Didn’t you win a PC copy?

CyberGhostface
10-02-2020, 03:34 PM
Yeah. It’s hard to put into words but I felt anxious over not having a standard numbered just because it was LTROI.

jeffingoff
10-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Yeah. It’s hard to put into words but I felt anxious over not having a standard numbered just because it was LTROI.

I am not one to judge! :)

BadHatHarry
10-02-2020, 08:07 PM

My wallet is not. Hockey just started for my oldest. Oof.

MikeDuke
10-03-2020, 03:23 PM

Yea, I can understand that. Gear is expensive. But really, does he need ALL that protective stuff? Let's have our priorities straight here :smile_002:.

cit74
10-03-2020, 05:19 PM

For the past 5 years (maybe 6?) - my 12 year old has been playing both goalie and skating out...and last year he started refereeing - so I have found a way to make an expensive sport even more expensive...oh and his ref helmet is different than his player helmet...and we switched to a Kevlar goalie helmet two years ago since he's been playing in better competition.

MikeDuke
10-03-2020, 08:50 PM
I never played sports. But that's great that we have some parents of some proud hockey players. Watching some of the playoffs, you get the idea of what a demanding sport it is. As a goalie it's just crazy reflexes and being able to get into those impossible positions to try and make a save. But of course the other players are up and down the ice. A very demanding game.
Good luck to both players. And let's hope Paul keeps shooting one timers (sorry cit74).

MikeDuke
10-05-2020, 06:25 AM
I am sure people saw the silent auction that David has at Betts.

Br!an
10-05-2020, 06:49 AM
I am sure people saw the silent auction that David has at Betts.

Cool!

Brian861
10-05-2020, 02:31 PM
Apparently some folks over on the CD forum have a problem with the 48 hour refund policy.

playdohman
10-05-2020, 02:58 PM
Apparently some folks over on the CD forum have a problem with the 48 hour refund policy.

The Terms of Service were updated today and do not reference a 48 hour window now.

ZombieElvis
10-05-2020, 04:20 PM

The Terms of Service were updated today and do not reference a 48 hour window now.

can you explain this to me? id rather not attempt to navigate another forum to understand the issues with the 48 hour refund policy, is this Suntups policy? was? what?

playdohman
10-05-2020, 04:39 PM

can you explain this to me? id rather not attempt to navigate another forum to understand the issues with the 48 hour refund policy, is this Suntups policy? was? what?

The original and still posted Suntup ToS stated there was a 48 hour window on cancellations of pre-orders. When Paul got wind of the complaint he updated the old policy to make it current and he removed the 48 hour cancellation window.

BadHatHarry
10-07-2020, 06:19 AM

For the past 5 years (maybe 6?) - my 12 year old has been playing both goalie and skating out...and last year he started refereeing - so I have found a way to make an expensive sport even more expensive...oh and his ref helmet is different than his player helmet...and we switched to a Kevlar goalie helmet two years ago since he's been playing in better competition.

I find it amazing that you can afford things like food given that, much less books.

cit74
10-07-2020, 09:23 AM

I find it amazing that you can afford things like food given that, much less books.

Priorities :0 ...although I did stop the Suntup lettered books after The Road...

George at C-Springs
10-07-2020, 10:07 AM
Just once I'd like to catch one of Paul's videos live.

shaq
10-07-2020, 11:23 AM
Just once I'd like to catch one of Paul's videos live.

I enjoy them immensely, try not to miss one, well, haven’t for nearly a year now.

burgerhicks80
10-07-2020, 12:12 PM
now that Paul has said nobody has really guessed what tomorrows book is I'm really curious. I thought we had it pegged!

MikeDuke
10-07-2020, 12:15 PM
Surprises can be fun too. I am really looking forward to 2021 and 2022. I have a feeling they will be epic.

Dolan
10-07-2020, 12:57 PM

Priorities :0 ...although I did stop the Suntup lettered books after The Road...

And what a way to go out. That one looks (to me) exceptional.

Noxus35
10-07-2020, 01:01 PM
now that Paul has said nobody has really guessed what tomorrows book is I'm really curious. I thought we had it pegged!He mentioned though that "very few guessed this one", so some people did. [emoji6]

Br!an
10-07-2020, 01:04 PM
What are the clues for the next book?

burgerhicks80
10-07-2020, 01:05 PM

This dystopian novel is one of the best-known works from one of the most influential science fiction authors of the 20th Century. This deeply philosophical writer is an author we have not yet had the pleasure of publishing and we are delighted to do so

JeremyM
10-07-2020, 01:24 PM

This dystopian novel is one of the best-known works from one of the most influential science fiction authors of the 20th Century. This deeply philosophical writer is an author we have not yet had the pleasure of publishing and we are delighted to do so

It’s also not signed by the author - so my instinct is that it’s not a living author. As I suspect Heinlein is December - I’m sticking with PKD here. I think Burgess (Clockwork Orange) and Huxley (Brave New World) are unlikely as they were not primarily sci-fi writers. As to what PKD novel - ‘Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep’ seems most probable, but the size of the book block makes me think something longer - ‘Man in the High Castle’ (only slightly longer)? ‘Flow My Tears the Policeman Said’ was award winning at the time and certainly earns the dystopia label - but isn’t the first thing that pops to mind of his work, especially given the adaptations of his other work.

Other thoughts are ‘Lathe of Heaven’ or ‘The Drowned World’ (but not sure this really fits).

Blue
10-07-2020, 01:39 PM
Maybe 'The Day of the Triffids' by John Wyndham

burgerhicks80
10-07-2020, 06:24 PM
now that Paul has said nobody has really guessed what tomorrows book is I'm really curious. I thought we had it pegged!He mentioned though that "very few guessed this one", so some people did. [emoji6]

true but im guessing its not the most commonly guessed ones like do androids dream of electric sheep or brave new world

Hunchback Jack
10-07-2020, 06:25 PM
Maybe 'The Day of the Triffids' by John Wyndham

Oooh, that would be awesome! Day of the Triffids is SOLID.

HBJ

Brian861
10-07-2020, 09:44 PM
I'm just happy to have a seat back on the train, whatever it is.