PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Aremag
04-16-2020, 08:13 AM
I believe pre-order emails will be sent out before 12 PM PST.

Br!an
04-16-2020, 08:14 AM
Is there no preorder window time?

The website states, "A Matching Pre-Order email is sent to owners of Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury in order to guarantee their matching number and/or letter. If you did not receive it by 12 p.m. Pacific on April 16, 2020, please let us know here."

kingfan2323
04-16-2020, 08:14 AM
Is there no preorder window time?MATCHING NUMBERS AND LETTERS

A Matching Pre-Order email is sent to owners of*Fahrenheit 451*by Ray Bradbury in order to guarantee their matching number and/or letter. If you did not receive it by 12 p.m. Pacific on April 16, 2020, please let us know*here.

seeking: anything DT related #246

becca69
04-16-2020, 08:16 AM
Is there no preorder window time?

Emails will be coming soon with the link to pre-order.

Br!an
04-16-2020, 08:18 AM
Ordered! :dance:

webstar1000
04-16-2020, 08:36 AM
Is there anyone not going ahead with the lettered lottery that got 451?

RC65
04-16-2020, 09:01 AM
I will give away a PC Numbered edition of the next book to the person who has correctly made the connection first. Will provide details next month.

Connection between the stone on the desk in Pauls last live facebook, and the next announcement.

Just saw the teaser, and I'm going to guess that, given the stones and the general appearance of the people, that it's Shirley Jackson's THE LOTTERY. Whether it's the story proper or, more likely, the titular collection of stories I don't know (would guess the latter), but it sure feels like THE LOTTERY to me.

Oooo, with this morning's announcement now official, looks like I was first in and right on the money. Does that then bode wonderful things for me, things that I can lord over Jeff and make him drown his sorrows in excess offerings from his Duff Bucket?

BadHatHarry
04-16-2020, 09:14 AM
Paul keeps picking all the good books from high school that are worth the read.

Ordered! Also got one of the fancy coffee mugs because it will drive my wife crazy sitting out on the coffee mug shelf as the only black / dark colored mug.

kingfan2323
04-16-2020, 09:33 AM
Nearly $9 per page! All time record for a retail priced limited edition numbered book?
But. . . I bet Paul has some lil surprises in store for this one.

MikeDuke
04-16-2020, 09:34 AM
Ordered. Plus I added the GE of Red Dragon for good measure.

willie3
04-16-2020, 09:39 AM
I will give away a PC Numbered edition of the next book to the person who has correctly made the connection first. Will provide details next month.

Connection between the stone on the desk in Pauls last live facebook, and the next announcement.

Just saw the teaser, and I'm going to guess that, given the stones and the general appearance of the people, that it's Shirley Jackson's THE LOTTERY. Whether it's the story proper or, more likely, the titular collection of stories I don't know (would guess the latter), but it sure feels like THE LOTTERY to me.

Oooo, with this morning's announcement now official, looks like I was first in and right on the money. Does that then bode wonderful things for me, things that I can lord over Jeff and make him drown his sorrows in excess offerings from his Duff Bucket?

If you were the first to correctly guess The Lottery, congratulations!!
I was hoping it was me at post 9391, I am sure Mr Paul will announce the lucky person soon. Just so pleased Mr Paul chose this story, greatly impacted me when I read it the first time as a much younger feller.

Hey, y’all stay safe out there wherever you are hunkered down, and read something you have been wanting to get to, but haven’t found the time.

WeDealInLead
Uhmm... stingray skin is kind of messed up. I looked up the images and the "process". No thanks.

Feel free to leave negative reps, that's okay.

Garrell
Did they get rid of the partial.ly payment method?

zelig
04-16-2020, 09:42 AM
So now that the new book has been announced, I'd like to congratulate willie3. He wins a copy of the Numbered edition (PC designation) for correctly identifying the rock on my desk and guessing the book, in his comment #9391. Well done willie!

Also, there were not rogue objects in my video from yesterday in case some of you are looking.

zelig
04-16-2020, 09:43 AM

No. It's mostly available on orders of $500 or more. So not available on the Numbered of this one.

webstar1000
04-16-2020, 09:44 AM

Use the 6 month option brother on Paypal:)

Garrell
04-16-2020, 09:45 AM
I liked the partial.ly. That is why I asked. I have been with paypal 10 years now.

willie3
04-16-2020, 09:53 AM
Your continuing generosity leaves me speechless Mr Paul.
My sincere appreciation.

Noxus35
04-16-2020, 09:54 AM
Also, there were not rogue objects in my video from yesterday in case some of you are looking.

🤣😂

Great job Willie3 ! 👍🏻 Enjoy it man. 😉

It's a stunning edition Paul, top notch! 👌🏻

Kingfan24
04-16-2020, 10:09 AM
Uhmm... stingray skin is kind of messed up. I looked up the images and the "process". No thanks.

I have to agree here. I really appreciate fine bookmaking and the artistry of it all but it does cause me pause when these exotic leathers are being used. I know that some say there are ways in which it is done responsibly but I can’t get behind the exotic materials. Sorry Paul - still love you buddy.

RC65
04-16-2020, 10:27 AM

I was hoping it was me at post 9391, I am sure Mr Paul will announce the lucky person soon. Just so pleased Mr Paul chose this story, greatly impacted me when I read it the first time as a much younger feller.

Hey, y’all stay safe out there wherever you are hunkered down, and read something you have been wanting to get to, but haven’t found the time.

Congrats, Willie -- looks like Jeff is safe this time from my lording-over ways.

Randall Flagg
04-16-2020, 10:42 AM

I have to agree here. I really appreciate fine bookmaking and the artistry of it all but it does cause me pause when these exotic leathers are being used. I know that some say there are ways in which it is done responsibly but I can’t get behind the exotic materials. Sorry Paul - still love you buddy.

I like the idea. I had even looked into binding a book using some sort of exotic material (stingray, eel, ostrich skin, alligator etc.). Nothing from endangered species.

That being said, I understand others could be turned off, and respect their right to voice their opinion and exercise their right not to buy the product.

jeffingoff
04-16-2020, 11:01 AM

Congrats, Willie -- looks like Jeff is safe this time from my lording-over ways.

You can lord your Bentley Little collection over me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patrick
04-16-2020, 11:24 AM
From the newsletter.

This is a very famous and chilling story written by an author whose work we have previously published, although this time it is truly a family affair. The introduction is penned by the author's son, and the artist is the author's grandson! The book will be available in two states: Lettered and Numbered, both bearing the signatures of the introduction author and the artist.

So tell me what you guys think about this guess: We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson.

I say this because Shirley Jackson's grandson is an artist and previously illustrated the graphic novel of 'The Lottery'.

https://www.amazon.com/Shirley-Jacksons-Lottery-Authorized-Adaptation/dp/0809066505

Agree with the Authors, but let’s go back to the rock on Mr Paul’s desk.
Thinking we may get a Suntup production of “The Lottery”
Congrats on the win, Willie! Man, CGf was sooooo close.

zelig
04-16-2020, 11:41 AM

When it comes to leather, exotic or otherwise, animals killed solely for their skins is not something I would ever get involved with. The leather suppliers we use follow state, federal and international laws regarding the sale of exotic leather. We'll never use skins from endangered animals, and the animals are not hunted for their skins. In this case, they are a byproduct of the commercial fishing industry. There are lines I will not cross, and any supplier I buy from, I look into them and make sure they are operating above board.

When designing the editions, I ask myself a question: How does this story make me feel? If I can evoke similar emotions out of the binding design when handling the book, feeling the texture of the covering material, etc., what happens then is that we create a cohesiveness between physical object, and the story contained within. It becomes a fully integrated experience; something complete and visceral.

Ben Mears
04-16-2020, 11:53 AM
When designing the editions, I ask myself a question: How does this story make me feel? If I can evoke similar emotions out of the binding design when handling the book, feeling the texture of the covering material, etc., what happens then is that we create a cohesiveness between physical object, and the story contained within. It becomes a fully integrated experience; something complete and visceral.

What is it about The Lottery that made you think of stingray skin? A truly visceral reading experience aligned with the story would be a cover made out of stone(s), highly impractical and cost inefficient as it would be.

zelig
04-16-2020, 12:44 PM

What is it about The Lottery that made you think of stingray skin? A truly visceral reading experience aligned with the story would be a cover made out of stone(s), highly impractical and cost inefficient as it would be.

I wouldn't necessarily say that The Lottery made me think of Stingray. I did consider stones, but yes they could prove impractical like you say. I went with a less literal approach, and felt it was a good fit. The texture of the skin feels like small stones, so there is that connection. There is also the crown at the center, sort of ties into the paper with the black spot, although reversed in this case. But I wanted it to expose something deeper than that. Take a look at how Jackson's story was received when it was first published (I'll link to two interesting articles below). And also consider how you feel when you read it, particularly the end. I wanted to create something that would dip into that well of emotions, and judging by some earlier comments, I guess I succeeded. To me, that's visceral; by creating this deep connection to the story, through our emotions.

There are spoilers in these articles:

“The Lottery” Letters (https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/the-lottery-letters)
11 Facts About Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery" (https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/57503/11-facts-about-shirley-jacksons-lottery)

firemonkey66
04-16-2020, 12:46 PM
congrats, willie3! beautiful books, as always! now i've just got to read it:)

jeffingoff
04-16-2020, 12:50 PM
Got my copy. It'll go next to Hill House. VERY cool!

MikeDuke
04-16-2020, 12:59 PM
I once swam with stingrays. Very cool experience. The way people are reacting to the lettered of this, is the way I reacted to the numbered of Horns. I love snakes (and stingrays). I was upset at first but later, after a few conversations, I felt better about it. Also, I was told that snakes play a roll in that book so that was the reason Suntup did that. It looks like a really cool version of the book and of course I will be jealous of all those who get the lettered.

MikeDuke
04-16-2020, 01:10 PM
Yea, I was thinking the same thing Jeff.

lotuz
04-16-2020, 01:32 PM
When it comes to leather, exotic or otherwise, animals killed solely for their skins is not something I would ever get involved with. The leather suppliers we use follow state, federal and international laws regarding the sale of exotic leather. We'll never use skins from endangered animals, and the animals are not hunted for their skins. In this case, they are a byproduct of the commercial fishing industry. There are lines I will not cross, and any supplier I buy from, I look into them and make sure they are operating above board.

For anyone interested in more details, here is a link to the CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) appendices: https://www.cites.org/eng/app/appendices.php

CITES is the multinational convention enacted in the 1970s to regulate the import and export of animals to protect endangered species, and species in danger of becoming endangered (aka "vulnerable" species). Appendix I animals are prohibited for commercial use and can only be imported and exported with permits for things like scientific use. Appendix II animals are not endangered but either (a) look like an endangered species, or (b) may become endangered if trade is not controlled. Appendix III is country specific - because not all animals are equally distributed throughout their natural habitats, it may be the case that an animal is only endangered in one specific location, but not others.

Because most of the commercially available stingray leather is the by-product of farmed or fished stingray consumption in Asia and parts of South America, and the rays used for consumption are not currently endangered or vulnerable, it is not listed on Appendix I or Appendix II. There are 8 species placed on Appendix III by Colombia and 1 species placed on Appendix III by Brazil, so imported stingray leather from those countries may be problematic for those regional ecosystems even though those particular species are not in danger elsewhere. There are of course lots of stingrays that are not consumed for food, and of these there are a number of species that are vulnerable or endangered, so US-based leather importers are wise to make sure that their supply chains do not involve these species, which are illegally fished, lest they lose their import licenses and their businesses.

EDIT: To add an interesting thing I came across that's not related to the conservation status of stingrays.

Apparently, the skins are very, very tough, and the composition of the skin makes it very hard to dye, so they are finished in a process that's more akin to painting than dyeing. This is the point at which the white eye-shape is added to the skin, to draw attention to the pattern of the largest nodules on the back, which are actually significantly sanded down from how they originally appear on the skin!

Brian861
04-16-2020, 02:01 PM
congrats, willie3! beautiful books, as always! now i've just got to read it:)

Ditto!

Ben Mears
04-16-2020, 02:07 PM

I wouldn't necessarily say that The Lottery made me think of Stingray. I did consider stones, but yes they could prove impractical like you say. I went with a less literal approach, and felt it was a good fit. The texture of the skin feels like small stones, so there is that connection. There is also the crown at the center, sort of ties into the paper with the black spot, although reversed in this case. But I wanted it to expose something deeper than that. Take a look at how Jackson's story was received when it was first published (I'll link to two interesting articles below). And also consider how you feel when you read it, particularly the end. I wanted to create something that would dip into that well of emotions, and judging by some earlier comments, I guess I succeeded. To me, that's visceral; by creating this deep connection to the story, through our emotions.

There are spoilers in these articles:

“The Lottery” Letters (https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/the-lottery-letters)
11 Facts About Shirley Jackson's "The Lottery" (https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/57503/11-facts-about-shirley-jacksons-lottery)

Thanks for the thoughtful response and insightful articles.

Scoogs
04-16-2020, 03:06 PM

Your mention of a cover made of stone reminded me of a meeting I had a few years back with a paper supplier. One of the new paper lines he was showing was made from crushed limestone instead of the usual wood pulp or cotton.
It felt like the inside of a balloon, so I wouldn't want a book printed on it, but it would be interesting for this particular story.

Noxus35
04-16-2020, 07:57 PM
Yea, I was thinking the same thing Jeff.

Now, one can only imagine how gorgeous the ARC will be....if there is one. 🤭

I missed out on Hill House and (one day) i'll buy a copy of that, i'll just need to save up for that. 😉

Munnecom
04-17-2020, 01:41 AM
I'm selling my collection of Suntup numbered editions. Please get in touch if you're interested in one or more of the books listed below.

Some points to note:
- All books are number #158
- All books are new and unread
- All swag (bookmarks, art prints, envelopes) is included
- Original shipping boxes are included
- I am open to offers if you're interested in multiple books.
- Fixed fee of $25 for worldwide shipping with tracking, signature upon delivery and insurance.

With that out of the way, here are the books:

- Misery (with "Annie" remarque, penguin and paperweight) - $5,500
- The Haunting of Hill House (with planchette) - $850
- Horns (with portfolio and paperweight) - $875
- Rosemary's Baby (with "O" and "E" scrabble tiles) - $700
- The Road - $750
- Brother - $200
- I Am Legend - $650
- The Time Machine - $425
- The Invisible Man - $425
- The War of the Worlds - $525
- Red Dragon - $950
- Fahrenheit 451 -$700 SOLD (listing sale price here as a reference)

- Full H.G. Wells set - $1,295 ($80 off)

https://inwhgq.db.files.1drv.com/y4m8AsNAbZ2kO-AoO1KErk4OYmBji5K1i4Ru5Ehz0Yp2b0mCrlwaH1GZCZ90--nDlSJpHktqxZt2HrUwQDes7EZthhehVLbVAJibIeE-k8mt5N3XmR0nyAgvzmAbHdqhMnwZveFwKyeqgk5_zTqTHdk32U 7iFkIjlcWShpxrnUOr-j5VSz0wAMhjuyGcoyOfDvQRPcUAsiDOZuCWIas_n0UdA?width =660&height=371&cropmode=none

https://inwlgq.db.files.1drv.com/y4mdahVat43dgjZCOnJH0svMWJAotqzR2QDuw0woLcTXhdBmF5 3tz6OlPI8efNBf2ckeWwIFxtAhf7Ea82kPACKTkXG4ozurgMBs 9Mn4b__WGgtxWAoamYADvf8XtGhBVjnl9cPs-id0iozqq7Zr57pTv73x3FLCVQeEflAmm4MItfQhdtjcZ30daTs 4n8RebsN526z64q__0piJvx4GBS_xQ?width=371&height=660&cropmode=none

https://inwegq.db.files.1drv.com/y4mHAQnGD_QTehrfQAEgBBAi-ot-C98paegWGLMdJueev0oX8be3vJtzCtdrAA3jXzdeBwIwoSP4hi 3DMXgiQwuGQDsHVvxX9oUQSLez2NP9mVq8gkV8BGrhcfw6Yygp LjItqUNNZgmqxWqxjE9qIBRnvdrQM5iMPa4xdqTopV7kdXLZQw 6gRIxp57WxeabmmL5lW8cqGN_pj5X8flHh4diAQ?width=371&height=660&cropmode=none

https://inwggq.db.files.1drv.com/y4mEZXlmwcg54AKxQP1_4--W9YEMDOXKiQsPGwhwxVcbeCxXo9zCwEBET939iA7YTQObAcFcH oNWljNOIo2F-OjvU1mmntEB3icUp63Qlamzf3sxJc3URPsqH4xCkPwaVgJgzzI aV3apMT_YLSiwAyabbdwKniEsANO3NJCn-DjS1kFHwGw5fza5dQ8ueVCTJRgg3KduJXC6YQzRIgiflnIjw?w idth=660&height=371&cropmode=none

https://inwfgq.db.files.1drv.com/y4mS6Y0V-Z2beNvUUnz5OH5LMAtfvYmIIKQ7olo5ISDJilOWMr6Bpx0qyfX ZSVAk8OqXSxKI-Y_4UOMqG8ZzSiLBlMeHFpKQDHzuKWPyX44UDCQ1M_Npf9XNQIo Wk0PboLA-NdqtCo56FY9Seg8oh5o7P587kxa3L8ivXaNpoxtfOuzFPD18Kg z7UWaHcjT4xoXeSsn3rnieaqw_UBXPN36Tw?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

lotuz
04-17-2020, 10:01 AM
It looks like Paul has already made an upgrade to the lettered edition!

The original posting advertised handmade paper from a company called Twinrocker in Indiana, and the page now states that the paper is handmade Velke Losiny paper from the Czech Republic. I'll leave it up to interested folks to look it up further, but that paper mill has been around since 1596 (one site states that the owner's wife was burned at the stake in the medieval witch trials!) and makes, arguably, the best handmade paper in the world. I have had the delightful experience of feeling Velke Losiny paper and it's absolutely marvelous! The only word I can think of to describe it is "buttery" - it's rich and thick and super soft and you can immediately tell that it's different from any other paper you've seen. Cool stuff!

Brian861
04-17-2020, 10:06 AM
And will be possessed by said late wife.

shaq
04-17-2020, 10:10 AM
I just looked and I have ordered 6 books since Jan including this month’s 🤭🤭

I know I am going to find it hard to let any of them go, given how much I love my time machine, but I might have to at a later date (but ensuring I keep my spot). waited so long to get on this trail, don’t want to step off.

Historically bought only what I liked, and this is a little different in approach (buying to ensure I get the next) but know one million percent I like Suntup!

(Edited to add, this sounds like I only buy to get the next option, that is so far from the truth, but this month’s is probably the closest in that description)

I re-read the lottery last night, and enjoyed (if the right word) it a lot more this time. So the combination of staying on the Suntup path, and appreciating what a hell of a short story, added it to the list of purchases.

Noxus35
04-17-2020, 11:12 AM
This could very well become my first numbered Suntup edition, if there are any left by the time the public pre-order goes out. 😎

jeffingoff
04-17-2020, 11:19 AM
This could very well become my first numbered Suntup edition, if there are any left by the time the public pre-order goes out. [emoji41]

I definitely think you’ll have a shot. Just be ready when the link goes live. I think at 9am PST.

Noxus35
04-17-2020, 11:23 AM
This could very well become my first numbered Suntup edition, if there are any left by the time the public pre-order goes out. [emoji41]

I definitely think you’ll have a shot. Just be ready when the link goes live. I think at 9am PST.

Thanks! Off course i'll be ready for it, logged in and with an itchy "triggerfinger". 😁

St. Troy
04-17-2020, 11:25 AM
I know there's been some criticism of The Lottery due to the page count, but I see it as just one more example of Paul's willingness to do something perceived as unusual because he believes the work is worth it. (Yes, The Lottery often comes packaged with other stories, but a special edition of The Lottery exists in the first place because of The Lottery specifically, so I love the idea of a standalone edition).

Now let's see a standalone of The Case of Charles Dexter Ward!

shaq
04-17-2020, 11:54 AM

Thanks! Off course i'll be ready for it, logged in and with an itchy "triggerfinger". 😁

I have found that having your payment details already existing in Suntup account will speed the purchase, or if PayPal, logged in too.

PayPal got me through Suntup in less than a minute (red dragon confirmation at 9.01)

Sorry if teaching grandma to suck eggs, but hopefully helps.

shaq
04-17-2020, 11:55 AM
Ps wonder if there will be a lottery for The Lottery (lettered)

MikeDuke
04-17-2020, 12:03 PM

I think you should a good shot at getting one. I don't want to give way how may are left, by you should have a good shot at it.

jeffingoff
04-17-2020, 12:08 PM

I think you should a good shot at getting one. I don't want to give way how may are left, by you should have a good shot at it.

I'm pretty sure there will be fewer copies of The Lottery available for the public preorder than were available for Red Dragon which sold out in 26 minutes. But then again F451 had fewer available than RD and it took much longer to sell out. But both sold out the same day and I expect that trend to continue with The Lottery.

MikeDuke
04-17-2020, 12:15 PM
I agree that they will sell will probably sell out the same day but I hope for people who want it, it's more than 2 min. We shall see.

jeffingoff
04-17-2020, 12:19 PM
I agree that they will sell will probably sell out the same day but I hope for people who want it, it's more than 2 min. We shall see.

Hahaha Yeah it should hang on longer than Misery!

Noxus35
04-17-2020, 12:28 PM

I'm pretty sure there will be fewer copies of The Lottery available for the public preorder than were available for Red Dragon which sold out in 26 minutes. But then again F451 had fewer available than RD and it took much longer to sell out. But both sold out the same day and I expect that trend to continue with The Lottery.

I just need to log in at Suntup & Paypal ten minutes before and i think i'll be safe. 😉

Wouldn't it be neat to have a stone shaped & Suntup logo engraved paperweight to come with the book? 🤭

Noxus35
04-17-2020, 12:30 PM

Red Dragon went pretty fast, so hopefully this one will hang on longer for me to pick it up. 🤔

zelig
04-17-2020, 01:10 PM
It looks like Paul has already made an upgrade to the lettered edition!

The original posting advertised handmade paper from a company called Twinrocker in Indiana, and the page now states that the paper is handmade Velke Losiny paper from the Czech Republic. I'll leave it up to interested folks to look it up further, but that paper mill has been around since 1596 (one site states that the owner's wife was burned at the stake in the medieval witch trials!) and makes, arguably, the best handmade paper in the world. I have had the delightful experience of feeling Velke Losiny paper and it's absolutely marvelous! The only word I can think of to describe it is "buttery" - it's rich and thick and super soft and you can immediately tell that it's different from any other paper you've seen. Cool stuff!

Eagle eye! I went out with the wrong paper maker, so I corrected it on the website. Every now and then, I make a mistake. It doesn't happen often though... tsk tsk... But yes, Velké is considered the crown jewel of European paper making, and they really have been around since the late 1500's. The books are already printed on that paper.

I know there's been some criticism of The Lottery due to the page count, but I see it as just one more example of Paul's willingness to do something perceived as unusual because he believes the work is worth it. (Yes, The Lottery often comes packaged with other stories, but a special edition of The Lottery exists in the first place because of The Lottery specifically, so I love the idea of a standalone edition)

I figured there would be some criticism around the fact that we are publishing only this single short story, but that's okay. This edition absolutely had to be The Lottery, and only The Lottery. I didn't want to include any other stories, just for the sake of making something book length. The intent was to spotlight this story. Simple as that. And essentially, despite its length, it's still a bound 'book', just like any other with more pages. Think of the shelf space I am helping you save!!

Ps wonder if there will be a lottery for The Lottery (lettered)

There just might be a lottery for The Lottery.

Randall Flagg
04-17-2020, 03:43 PM
Think of it (The Lottery) as the Lord John Press versions of "Dolan's Cadillac". The difference is The Lottery is a much better story, and as exquisite as the materials used to create the LJP version, Suntup's book will surpass what LJP accomplished (except for King's signature).

webstar1000
04-17-2020, 03:46 PM
Guys on the Fans Of Suntup FB group saying it’s almost sold out now!!!!!

Noxus35
04-17-2020, 03:55 PM

One hour ago there were 66 left...so what is the count now? 🤔

webstar1000
04-17-2020, 03:59 PM

One hour ago there were 66 left...so what is the count now? [emoji848]

Sorry meant lettered. And 66 is faster than anything since misery is it not?

Noxus35
04-17-2020, 04:01 PM

I wouldn't know ; i wasn't around back then. 😂

jeffingoff
04-17-2020, 04:14 PM

I don't know about Misery. But there were 49 copies of F451 available at the public preorder.

webstar1000
04-17-2020, 04:18 PM

I don't know about Misery. But there were 49 copies of F451 available at the public preorder.

And still 16 hours to go! Wonder what will be left of lottery?

Splync
04-17-2020, 05:14 PM
I have my copy of The Lottery pre-ordered! My body is ready! My wallet was not, haha...

Hunchback Jack
04-17-2020, 06:41 PM
I don’t remember exactly how many Misery S/Ls were available for the public preorder, but I think it was around 40?

MikeDuke
04-17-2020, 08:49 PM
For those are up late on the east coast there are 55 numbered and 3 lettered. Good luck every one.

Munnecom
04-17-2020, 11:09 PM
Updated:

Removed sold books and hid pictures behind the spoiler to keep the thread clean.

I'm selling my collection of Suntup numbered editions. Please get in touch if you're interested in one or more of the books listed below.

Some points to note:
- All books are number #158
- All books are new and unread
- All swag (bookmarks, art prints, envelopes) is included
- Original shipping boxes are included
- I am open to offers if you're interested in multiple books.
- Fixed fee of $45 for worldwide shipping with tracking, signature upon delivery and insurance.

With that out of the way, here are the books:

- Misery (with "Annie" remarque, penguin and paperweight) - $5,500
- Horns (with portfolio and paperweight) - $875
- Rosemary's Baby (with "O" and "E" scrabble tiles) - $700
- Brother - $200
- I Am Legend - $650
- The Invisible Man - $425
- The War of the Worlds - $525
- Both H.G. Wells books - $900 ($50 off)

https://inwhgq.db.files.1drv.com/y4m8AsNAbZ2kO-AoO1KErk4OYmBji5K1i4Ru5Ehz0Yp2b0mCrlwaH1GZCZ90--nDlSJpHktqxZt2HrUwQDes7EZthhehVLbVAJibIeE-k8mt5N3XmR0nyAgvzmAbHdqhMnwZveFwKyeqgk5_zTqTHdk32U 7iFkIjlcWShpxrnUOr-j5VSz0wAMhjuyGcoyOfDvQRPcUAsiDOZuCWIas_n0UdA?width =660&height=371&cropmode=none

https://inwlgq.db.files.1drv.com/y4mdahVat43dgjZCOnJH0svMWJAotqzR2QDuw0woLcTXhdBmF5 3tz6OlPI8efNBf2ckeWwIFxtAhf7Ea82kPACKTkXG4ozurgMBs 9Mn4b__WGgtxWAoamYADvf8XtGhBVjnl9cPs-id0iozqq7Zr57pTv73x3FLCVQeEflAmm4MItfQhdtjcZ30daTs 4n8RebsN526z64q__0piJvx4GBS_xQ?width=371&height=660&cropmode=none

https://inwegq.db.files.1drv.com/y4mHAQnGD_QTehrfQAEgBBAi-ot-C98paegWGLMdJueev0oX8be3vJtzCtdrAA3jXzdeBwIwoSP4hi 3DMXgiQwuGQDsHVvxX9oUQSLez2NP9mVq8gkV8BGrhcfw6Yygp LjItqUNNZgmqxWqxjE9qIBRnvdrQM5iMPa4xdqTopV7kdXLZQw 6gRIxp57WxeabmmL5lW8cqGN_pj5X8flHh4diAQ?width=371&height=660&cropmode=none

https://inwggq.db.files.1drv.com/y4mEZXlmwcg54AKxQP1_4--W9YEMDOXKiQsPGwhwxVcbeCxXo9zCwEBET939iA7YTQObAcFcH oNWljNOIo2F-OjvU1mmntEB3icUp63Qlamzf3sxJc3URPsqH4xCkPwaVgJgzzI aV3apMT_YLSiwAyabbdwKniEsANO3NJCn-DjS1kFHwGw5fza5dQ8ueVCTJRgg3KduJXC6YQzRIgiflnIjw?w idth=660&height=371&cropmode=none

https://inwfgq.db.files.1drv.com/y4mS6Y0V-Z2beNvUUnz5OH5LMAtfvYmIIKQ7olo5ISDJilOWMr6Bpx0qyfX ZSVAk8OqXSxKI-Y_4UOMqG8ZzSiLBlMeHFpKQDHzuKWPyX44UDCQ1M_Npf9XNQIo Wk0PboLA-NdqtCo56FY9Seg8oh5o7P587kxa3L8ivXaNpoxtfOuzFPD18Kg z7UWaHcjT4xoXeSsn3rnieaqw_UBXPN36Tw?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

webstar1000
04-18-2020, 02:54 AM
Suntup Misery Proof for sale. As new! PM me

Br!an
04-18-2020, 08:11 AM
Five left! :panic:

firemonkey66
04-18-2020, 08:24 AM
annnnnnnnnnnd they're gone:)

shaq
04-18-2020, 08:26 AM
Wow. That went fast!! Congrats all that got one.

Looks like lettered too!!

Noxus35
04-18-2020, 08:33 AM
Got mine ordered at 09:01, i am really happy right now. My first Suntup numbered and it's a Shirley Jackson too. 😎

shaq
04-18-2020, 09:21 AM
Got mine ordered at 09:01, i am really happy right now. My first Suntup numbered and it's a Shirley Jackson too. 😎

Excellent. Congratulations. 1 minute. Logged in, paypal worked!!

Noxus35
04-18-2020, 09:29 AM

Excellent. Congratulations. 1 minute. Logged in, paypal worked!!

Exactly! Logged in at Suntup, saved password (one-click enter) and logged in at paypal ten minutes before.

It worked like a charm. 😉

jeffingoff
04-18-2020, 09:30 AM
Congrats on the sell out Paul!

Splync
04-18-2020, 09:32 AM
Congrats on the quick sales! Another incredible sold out publication!

Noxus35
04-18-2020, 09:41 AM
And already someone put it on Ebay, i wonder how long it will stay up on there . 🤔

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-lottery-by-Shirley-Jackson-Suntup-edition/202968987148?hash=item2f41e4f60c:g:~U4AAOSwe7pemy6 r

Ps: Congratulations on the sell out Paul!

zelig
04-18-2020, 10:55 AM
Thank you All. Appreciate the good words. I'm very pleased that our books are enjoyed so much!

Patrick
04-18-2020, 11:27 AM
Looking forward to it!

MikeDuke
04-18-2020, 11:58 AM
Congrats to Paul for the sell out and congrats to those who got them. Especially if this is their first Suntup book.

webstar1000
04-18-2020, 12:25 PM
And already someone put it on Ebay, i wonder how long it will stay up on there . [emoji848]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-lottery-by-Shirley-Jackson-Suntup-edition/202968987148?hash=item2f41e4f60c:g:~U4AAOSwe7pemy6 r

Ps: Congratulations on the sell out Paul!

Wow. I cannot believe that!

kingfan2323
04-18-2020, 12:53 PM
Could use some help locating EOTD Art Portfolio #183. Have #41 to trade. If someone needs #41 I am happy to swap as well.

MikeDuke
04-18-2020, 01:30 PM
With all the Lottery stuff going on, it was hard to notice that the last IAL sold. So ANOTHER sell out. I know it took a while, but I don't think Paul minds that at all.

Splync
04-18-2020, 04:26 PM
With all the Lottery stuff going on, it was hard to notice that the last IAL sold. So ANOTHER sell out. I know it took a while, but I don't think Paul minds that at all.

That is doubly awesome! I love the look of that edition and it truly deserved to sell out much sooner!

Noxus35
04-18-2020, 08:33 PM
In the announcement mail for the may release it stated "containing six stories by six different authors, along with a new introduction written by the original publisher of these tales. "

Makes me wonder though if this is going to be more like a mystery anthology containing short stories handpicked by Paul himself because of the stories containing a new introduction written by the original publisher part.
Which makes me believe all of these stories have different publishers .

So what do you guys think? Is the next release going to be The Great Suntup Book Of Mystery ? 🤔

Splync
04-19-2020, 12:14 AM
In the announcement mail for the may release it stated "containing six stories by six different authors, along with a new introduction written by the original publisher of these tales. "

Makes me wonder though if this is going to be more like a mystery anthology containing short stories handpicked by Paul himself because of the stories containing a new introduction written by the original publisher part.

So what do you guys think? Is the next release going to be The Great Suntup Book Of Mystery ? 🤔

Personally, I think they have the same original publisher, if only from Paul's grammar and word choice (on which he is usually precise).

However, to expand upon your idea, they could be from the different issues/sources of the same publication. For example, there are magazines that have the same editor or publisher issue-to-issue and this could be a "Best of" of sorts (though a very brief one, given it's only six stories).

One of the things that had stood out to me was that Paul said it was signed by "all of the authors". This made me originally think that the publisher was not signing. But as Kris pointed out on Facebook, the publisher (singular or plural) COULD be an author. Kind of like a "selected by Lawrence Block" or "Joe R Lansdale presents" sort of deal.

Needless to say, I am VERY intrigued as to what the May title is. We need a detective to solve this mystery, of which I am certainly not...

Noxus35
04-19-2020, 12:39 AM

Personally, I think they have the same original publisher, if only from Paul's grammar and word choice (on which he is usually precise).

However, to expand upon your idea, they could be from the different issues/sources of the same publication. For example, there are magazines that have the same editor or publisher issue-to-issue and this could be a "Best of" of sorts (though a very brief one, given it's only six stories).

One of the things that had stood out to me was that Paul said it was signed by "all of the authors". This made me originally think that the publisher was not signing. But as Kris pointed out on Facebook, the publisher (singular or plural) COULD be an author. Kind of like a "selected by Lawrence Block" or "Joe R Lansdale presents" sort of deal.

Needless to say, I am VERY intrigued as to what the May title is. We need a detective to solve this mystery, of which I am certainly not...

It's a great mystery for all of us, i suppose. 😉

At first i , personally, thought that it could be Six Scary Stories selected by Stephen King himself.
But (considering i haven't read that at all) it wouldn't make sense because i assume that those are supposed to be six scary stories , not mystery and that's why i'm leaning towards my previous guess.
Whatever the case, i really like reading everyone's thoughts about it on here and i'm no Sherlock Holmes either. 🕵️😉

kingfan2323
04-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Pumped for The Lottery but. . . Could Red Dragon turn out to be the best produced numbered Suntup since Misery?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/fed55a1422f376846930c436820dad77.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/0afb3c03d3eb28da4ace6f9d51abb80f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/061369c45278b163c5d6db98a1bee74a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/302852b902098eaf7916c86852f05eb6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200419/5f23769fbdfb2140dfdd880c276264f1.jpg

Patrick
04-19-2020, 12:48 PM
That’s impressive.

Brian861
04-19-2020, 01:12 PM
Horns is the best numbered produced since Misery. RB a very close second and RD will most definitely take that spot away. F451 has a dog in the fight as well.

Harris might just have the best sig in the business as far as penmanship . Refreshing since most are content with scribbling a line or loop-de-loop.

kingfan2323
04-19-2020, 01:41 PM
Five good points! Agree with every one of them. Well said, Sir. Love his Sig and Horns is the one to beat.

kingfan2323
04-19-2020, 01:42 PM
That’s impressive.Ah. . . Thanks, Patrick.

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-19-2020, 01:54 PM
That's one hair-raising Harris collection!

webstar1000
04-20-2020, 08:14 AM
Red dragon proof. $250
Shipped!!

St. Troy
04-20-2020, 09:49 AM
I'm curious to see what people make of The Lottery numbered edition's paper binding (numbered edition); I've heard of other books using that binding, but I haven't seen much feedback from people who actually own them (I've seen plenty from apprehensive would-be purchasers concerned about durability).

A digression for anyone interested in fine bindings beyond the King/Suntup world:
Thornwillow Press (who does very nice work, if you haven't heard of them) produced several editions of the Sherlock Holmes Hexalogy (https://thornwillow.com/sherlock-holmes-hexalogy), one of which is in a paper binding. There are 5 editions on that page, but very limited editions (6 of one style, and one each of two others) were produced as part of their Kickstarter campaign (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thornwillow/sherlock-holmes-hexalogy); scroll down the screen, watch the boxes on the right side, and look for the pledges beginning at $2,500.

MikeDuke
04-20-2020, 10:01 AM
I am not familiar with all the different kind of bindings. For this book (The Lottery) it may not be an issue because the book is so small (page count)? Maybe the issues begin with books that are bigger.
Just a guess on my part.

jeffingoff
04-20-2020, 10:56 AM
What if the June announcement is 1984? And what if the front board or the case has some sort of reflective surface to send the message that Big Brother is always watching? What if? What if I keep all future ideas to myself?

Splync
04-20-2020, 12:09 PM
What if the June announcement is 1984? And what if the front board or the case has some sort of reflective surface to send the message that Big Brother is always watching? What if? What if I keep all future ideas to myself?

I second your guess about Nineteen Eighty-Four being the June title. It just fits his description perfectly. It is a dystopian classic that is still relevant today. And it just celebrated its 70th anniversary!

I'm hoping for Cormac McCarthy to be signing. He said that it was someone whose work he has already published. And it'd be cool to get McCarthy's signature, since he didn't sign The Road!

MikeDuke
04-20-2020, 12:21 PM
I was guessing McCarthy as well as the intro writer. It just makes sense of the books that were already published. Oh and 1984 it is.

Aremag
04-20-2020, 12:28 PM
If McCarthy does write the intro, would he be likely to sign books because of that when he didn't sign his own book? Just curiousity on my part as I have no clue on if he's ever signed books.

jeffingoff
04-20-2020, 12:36 PM
If McCarthy does write the intro, would he be likely to sign books because of that when he didn't sign his own book? Just curiousity on my part as I have no clue on if he's ever signed books.

He's stingy with his signature and he previously vowed to never sign The Road (apart from the copies he signed and gave directly to his son). So I doubt he'd sign a book he only introduced--but I really have no idea.

MikeDuke
04-20-2020, 01:01 PM
If McCarthy does write the intro, would he be likely to sign books because of that when he didn't sign his own book? Just curiosity on my part as I have no clue on if he's ever signed books.
I think The Road is the only book he won't sign publicly because it's so personal. He did sign a number of them but I think he gave them all to his son. I once saw one for sale and it was $10,000 if I remember correctly. But that was for The Road because it's so rare to get a signed one. I don't know what his other signed books may go for. OR, it may be King. I am pretty sure he considers 1984 to be a masterpiece and an influence as well.Plus, it may be easier to get his and it would not be as extreme as a McCarthy sig. Those, to me, are the only two previous living authors that I see writing an into for a book as important as 1984.

Hunchback Jack
04-20-2020, 01:07 PM

I really hope it is Nineteen Eighty-Four. Not only would I love to see this novel get the Suntup treatment, it will hopefully encourage more people to read it.

HBJ

jeffingoff
04-20-2020, 01:16 PM
How would Paul operate the preorder for an edition of Nineteen Eighty-Four that was signed by King?? Technically, it's a non-King book so the rights should follow the previous non-King release. BUT Misery owners should have the right to the next King signature. I think having King sign someone else's work would put Paul in a pinch.

Hunchback Jack
04-20-2020, 01:23 PM
How would Paul operate the preorder for an edition of Nineteen Eighty-Four that was signed by King?? Technically, it's a non-King book so the rights should follow the previous non-King release. BUT Misery owners should have the right to the next King signature. I think having King sign someone else's work would put Paul in a pinch.

Interesting question, but I don't think Misery would give rights to the next King signature, only to the next King-authored title. Certainly most collectors put "books signed by King as (say) introducer" in a different category from "Books written and signed by King".

HBJ

jeffingoff
04-20-2020, 01:27 PM

Interesting question, but I don't think Misery would give rights to the next King signature, only to the next King-authored title. Certainly most collectors put "books signed by King as (say) introducer" in a different category from "Books written and signed by King".

HBJ

Very interesting! It would be wild, for sure!

zelig
04-20-2020, 02:01 PM
Hypothetically if Mr. King signed an intro to any book that wasn’t his, the non-king track would be getting the Matching Pre-Order email as it wouldn't be a King book.

jeffingoff
04-20-2020, 02:26 PM
Hypothetically if Mr. King signed an intro to any book that wasn’t his, the non-king track would be getting the Matching Pre-Order email as it wouldn't be a King book.

Well, we can move this item from the SPECULATION column and plop it in the KNOWN column.

MikeDuke
04-20-2020, 03:15 PM

HBJ
This.

Aremag
04-20-2020, 04:36 PM
Am I correct in hypothetically assuming that if there is eventually a new Suntup King book and there is an AGE , that the AGE will be a free for all or will purchasers of Misery AGE get first dibs? Also how come Jeff didn't say Tremblay once in his F451 ARC unboxing video? I look forward to Tremblay being pronounced every video.

Splync
04-20-2020, 04:47 PM
Am I correct in hypothetically assuming that if there is eventually a new Suntup King book and there is an AGE , that the AGE will be a free for all or will purchasers of Misery AGE get first dibs? Also how come Jeff didn't say Tremblay once in his F451 ARC unboxing video? I look forward to Tremblay being pronounced every video.

I can't speak about the King AGEs, but I can say that there IS an upcoming unboxing that will contain a Tremblay story!

Noxus35
04-20-2020, 07:59 PM

If this would happen it would be very cool to own, it would also mean that it could have the potential to become my very first book, signed by King, in my collection.
If it's affordable though...

But then again a book signed by Cormac McCarthy would be very cool to own as well. 😎

jeffingoff
04-21-2020, 06:10 AM

There is no right of first refusal for Suntup AGEs so I assume that will continue to be the case when Paul does Pet Sematary. SST tweeted my Cabin at the End of the World unboxing and I think Paul Tremblay retweeted it. But obviously he didn't watch it because I haven't been threatened by lawyers.

I can't speak about the King AGEs, but I can say that there IS an upcoming unboxing that will contain a Tremblay story!

YES! Ten-Word Tragedies should be dropping any day now! Tremblay! Malerman! Others! I'd be pretty happy if Paul did a Malerman book. Or a Tremblay book. But I'm not sure those authors would fit the Suntup catalog.

jeffingoff
04-21-2020, 06:20 AM
Anyone know what the hell is going on with that Lottery auction on eBay?? Did everyone withdraw their bids? The price is going in reverse. Which is odd for an auction aiming to get the highest bid.

webstar1000
04-21-2020, 06:21 AM
Anyone know what the hell is going on with that Lottery auction on eBay?? Did everyone withdraw their bids? The price is going in reverse. Which is odd for an auction aiming to get the highest bid.

Someone pulled a bid.

jeffingoff
04-21-2020, 06:24 AM

Someone pulled a bid.

Oh ok. I thought there were a few bids.

webstar1000
04-21-2020, 06:25 AM

Someone pulled a bid.

But they tumble down accordingly. Probably just one bidder pulled.

Noxus35
04-21-2020, 06:27 AM

Someone pulled a bid.

Yeah, i noticed that a couple of hours ago. Doesn't this make it easier (and cheaper) for someone to "buy it now"? 🤔

jeffingoff
04-21-2020, 06:29 AM

Someone pulled a bid.

Yeah, i noticed that a couple of hours ago. Doesn't this make it easier (and cheaper) for someone to "buy it now"? 🤔

For sure! I think it's great for anyone who missed out to get a chance to own it.

MikeDuke
04-21-2020, 06:29 AM
Was it always just a buy it now option? I don't remember.

Noxus35
04-21-2020, 06:30 AM

Both, make offer and buy it now. 😉

Noxus35
04-21-2020, 06:31 AM

Someone pulled a bid.

For sure! I think it's great for anyone who missed out to get a chance to own it.

Maybe bump it up on facebook? 🤔

Someone there most surely will be happy to pick it up. 😉

MikeDuke
04-21-2020, 06:35 AM

OK. I thought it was one where you place a bid publicly and then someone bids higher to get it. Maybe I was wrong.

Noxus35
04-21-2020, 06:38 AM

OK. I thought it was one where you place a bid publicly and then someone bids higher to get it. Maybe I was wrong.

I suppose this was one were you had the option to buy it now until someone made an offer and let it work out from there on.
Maybe the seller tried to sell it to the bidder but that the bidder didn't respond and forced the seller to withdraw the bid. 🤔

I don't know, never sold anything on ebay. 😉

jeffingoff
04-21-2020, 06:38 AM

Yeah, but there are a bunch of options at the outset. If they offer the Make an Offer option then people submit low bids and hope the seller caves and accepts the offer. If they have the Buy It Now option and someone agrees to it, then the auction ends and that person gets the item. But if someone bids to try to get it cheaper then the Buy It Now option disappears and the auction behaves like an auction.

jeffingoff
04-21-2020, 06:43 AM
Also, Paul, I love the new SHOP OUT IN-PRINT EDITIONS feature on the site.

Noxus35
04-21-2020, 06:44 AM
⬆️ indeed, looks great. Love the banner lay-out.

MikeDuke
04-21-2020, 07:16 AM
I know right. I love the new look and layout of the site.

Hunchback Jack
04-21-2020, 08:44 AM
Yes, you can have both a starting bid and a buy it now option. Once bidding starts, the BIN option is removed.

Splync
04-21-2020, 11:47 AM

There is no right of first refusal for Suntup AGEs so I assume that will continue to be the case when Paul does Pet Sematary. SST tweeted my Cabin at the End of the World unboxing and I think Paul Tremblay retweeted it. But obviously he didn't watch it because I haven't been threatened by lawyers.

YES! Ten-Word Tragedies should be dropping any day now! Tremblay! Malerman! Others! I'd be pretty happy if Paul did a Malerman book. Or a Tremblay book. But I'm not sure those authors would fit the Suntup catalog.

Where did Pet Sematary come from? Are there rumors?

jeffingoff
04-21-2020, 11:49 AM

Nah, I'm just feeding the flames of speculation.

shaq
04-21-2020, 12:06 PM

Nah, I'm just feeding the flames of speculation.

Jeez, if it were Pet Sematary, I’d be selling my car to get that spare misery that’s floating about!

Cook
04-21-2020, 04:58 PM
Is it now the normal to sell Suntup resale items out of the Suntup Press thread?
Shouldn't aftermarket sales be listed in the "For Sale" threads?
My apologies if stepping where I don't belong..

Randall Flagg
04-21-2020, 05:17 PM
These are crazy times. A bit more leeway is allowed (but not encouraged).

Would you like to apply for a Facilitator position?

zelig
04-21-2020, 08:02 PM

Oh good. In that case, I have a Lettered Misery for sale. It belonged to the publisher. Today only: $30,000. Comes with a COA.

swintek
04-21-2020, 09:22 PM
Paul: Today only, I'll trade you 3 cases of Costco TP (personally delivered), AND an original Alan Moore From Hell art piece- one of the 3 rare pieces he did for TABOO (because I know you have great taste). Now, tell me- that is a hard bargain...

OldCrow88
04-22-2020, 03:23 AM
Is it 1-ply or the good stuff? That could make the difference.

Splync
04-22-2020, 07:49 AM

Oh good. In that case, I have a Lettered Misery for sale. It belonged to the publisher. Today only: $30,000. Comes with a COA.

Will you accept a ten year payment plan? :-P

webstar1000
04-22-2020, 08:00 AM
Two Miserys lettereds HAVE changed hands in the $16K range in the last month. That is INSANE... and speaks volumes to the beauty and desire for this book.

MikeDuke
04-22-2020, 09:40 AM
Wow. That is impressive. They are fantastic books. Man, I can wish right...

becca69
04-22-2020, 10:12 AM

I don't know if I trust that guy :P

zelig
04-22-2020, 10:33 AM

I don't know if I trust that guy :P

Come on man, it has a COA!

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-22-2020, 10:40 AM
Coronary
On
Arrival

from excitement

jeffingoff
04-22-2020, 12:27 PM
I noticed you fixed the printed spine label on The Lottery. The title now runs the standard way reading top down. I was wondering if the top up was intentional before.

MikeDuke
04-22-2020, 12:33 PM
Good eyes Jeff. Even I missed that one. I guess Brother and Time Machine don't do it that way just for aesthetic reasons.

Brian861
04-22-2020, 12:37 PM
I noticed you fixed the printed spine label on The Lottery. The title now runs the standard way reading top down. I was wondering if the top up was intentional before.

Good eyes Jeff. Even I missed that one. I guess Brother and Time Machine don't do it that way just for aesthetic reasons.

You kids are spending way too much time in Paul's candy store.

MikeDuke
04-22-2020, 12:38 PM

Again, I make no apologies.

jeffingoff
04-22-2020, 12:47 PM

No news there!

zelig
04-22-2020, 05:59 PM

Not much gets passed you guys! You are not the first to have noticed this. But to answer your question, yes it was intentional. That was how we originally designed it, but I had changed my mind and forgot to update the imagery. There is no 'wrong' way with regard to the direction the label runs on the spine, it's just that we are more used to the way it's showing now. Perhaps the three greatest book designers of the twentieth century used to have the type running up the spine. All British and most European books used to do it that way. American books are the opposite. Well spotted.

Randall Flagg
04-22-2020, 06:45 PM
Split the difference and do the spine title in column form.

zelig
04-22-2020, 07:03 PM

No difference to split... it is done.

Randall Flagg
04-22-2020, 07:15 PM

Future titles...duh:doh:

Noxus35
04-22-2020, 07:35 PM

Not much gets passed you guys! You are not the first to have noticed this. But to answer your question, yes it was intentional. That was how we originally designed it, but I had changed my mind and forgot to update the imagery. There is no 'wrong' way with regard to the direction the label runs on the spine, it's just that we are more used to the way it's showing now. Perhaps the three greatest book designers of the twentieth century used to have the type running up the spine. All British and most European books used to do it that way. American books are the opposite. Well spotted.

Guilty, i was one of those . 🤭

In other news ; i received the IAL ARC in good condition, thanks again Paul! 👌🏻👍🏻

zelig
04-23-2020, 07:21 AM

Future titles...duh:doh:

Ah yes... duh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNm7YWy6M_0

In other news ; i received the IAL ARC in good condition, thanks again Paul!

You're welcome!

Noxus35
04-23-2020, 08:18 AM
According to the status page ; bookbinding has now begun for The Lottery numbered.

One step closer. 📚🤓

jeffingoff
04-23-2020, 08:28 AM

After I posted my observation (but before you responded) I was chatting with my wife, who is a graphic designer, about what I noticed and she said "From the bottom up like the Europeans? That's not a mistake. I'd love to see more book spines designed that way." So now I will vet all my observations with her before posting.

MikeDuke
04-23-2020, 08:38 AM
According to the status page ; bookbinding has now begun for The Lottery numbered.

One step closer. 📚🤓
I love watching the colors change :sharepopcorn:.

Noxus35
04-23-2020, 08:41 AM

One step closer. 📚🤓

Same here.. 😁

zelig
04-23-2020, 09:18 AM

One step closer. [emoji432][emoji851]

Same here.. [emoji16]

And you don’t even need any psychedelics!

herbertwest
04-23-2020, 10:07 AM

After I posted my observation (but before you responded) I was chatting with my wife, who is a graphic designer, about what I noticed and she said "From the bottom up like the Europeans? That's not a mistake. I'd love to see more book spines designed that way." So now I will vet all my observations with her before posting.

Well, it's that way in France.
That was actually a conversation starter with my wife a few weeks ago, after we noticed that, in my shelves, the english-spoken books were in a different way than the french one. And i found an interesting (french) article about it.

Feel free to use google translate on it : http://www.slate.fr/story/146151/dos-des-livres

In short :
- in the past, books, in France were like this

http://www.slate.fr/sites/default/files/Doshorizontaux.jpeg

- It's true that in america, they're like this. Which makes more sense, when being put flat on tables.

http://www.slate.fr/sites/default/files/Cabu2.jpeg

- but in France, the majoity of books are not put flat, otherwise they'd look like this.. which is not as efficient

http://www.slate.fr/sites/default/files/Cabu1.jpeg

But then, apparently, in France we're more likely to put the head down to the left instead of the right to read titles, and publishers kept it that way

Part of my shelves that shows that not all books are shown the same way... even though they are mostly french. But even among the french books it's not standardized...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EUqoNnFUMAABPbB.jpg

jeffingoff
04-23-2020, 10:10 AM
That's so cool! Thanks for the peek.

vincent
04-23-2020, 10:24 AM
I agree, thanks Jeremy!

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-23-2020, 10:26 AM
As Edgar Allen Poe said to Howard Phillips Lovecraft, "It's all Greek to me, brother!"

cit74
04-23-2020, 11:37 AM
now I'm getting sea sick

jeffingoff
04-23-2020, 11:39 AM
I started flipping all my books over and speaking a really really poor imitation of French.

MikeDuke
04-23-2020, 11:47 AM
I started flipping all my books over and speaking a really really poor imitation of French.
That settles it Jeff. Next unboxing is done in your "poor imitation of French". I am Greek and I still don't understand it Steve.

jeffingoff
04-23-2020, 11:54 AM
That settles it Jeff. Next unboxing is done in your "poor imitation of French". I am Greek and I still don't understand it Steve.

hahaha I'm offensive enough as it is!

zelig
04-23-2020, 11:54 AM
Talking about Jeff's videos, my mother told me yesterday she is a big fan of them and finds him very funny. For some strange reason, she especially enjoys the ones in which he unboxes items from a press called Suntup Editions.

jeffingoff
04-23-2020, 12:09 PM
Talking about Jeff's videos, my mother told me yesterday she is a big fan of them and finds him very funny. For some strange reason, she especially enjoys the ones in which he unboxes items from a press called Suntup Editions.

Oh that's great! That's one viewer I definitely want to win over. Now I'm going to rewatch my videos and groan in discomfort! Which is pretty normal when I watch my videos.

MikeDuke
04-23-2020, 12:14 PM
It's obvious your mom has great taste in entertainment, and books Paul.

MikeDuke
04-23-2020, 12:20 PM

Oh that's great! That's one viewer I definitely want to win over. Now I'm going to rewatch my videos and groan in discomfort! Which is pretty normal when I watch my videos.
Come on Jeff, your vids are great. I wish I knew how to do them. I mean do them at all. I don't even know how to make a video and upload it.

kingfan2323
04-23-2020, 01:40 PM

Oh that's great! That's one viewer I definitely want to win over. Now I'm going to rewatch my videos and groan in discomfort! Which is pretty normal when I watch my videos.It is like thinking a movie is appropriate for the parents and you watch it with them and it is filled with brutality and sex that is completely inappropriate. Embarrassing.

Now when I WATCH one of your videos I am going to cringe thinking of Ms. Suntup's convictions being under attack.

Honestly, Jeff, you should be ashamed.

lotuz
04-23-2020, 05:39 PM
Talking about Jeff's videos, my mother told me yesterday she is a big fan of them and finds him very funny.

This is absolutely splendid and it makes me happy that you shared this with us :wub:

MikeDuke
04-24-2020, 05:35 AM
What the hell, might as well give a count of what's out there
Red Dragon GE 48
Brother S\L 76
F451 GE 4
F451 print 60
That's it until we get the next announcement which is May 14th. The status page looks promising as well.

jeffingoff
04-24-2020, 06:07 AM
It is like thinking a movie is appropriate for the parents and you watch it with them and it is filled with brutality and sex that is completely inappropriate. Embarrassing.

Now when I WATCH one of your videos I am going to cringe thinking of Ms. Suntup's convictions being under attack.

Exactly! Now I'll have stage fright knowing Mama Suntup is out there listening to my nonsense!

This is absolutely splendid and it makes me happy that you shared this with us :wub:

Me too and me too!

Noxus35
04-24-2020, 06:32 AM
Red Dragon GE 48
Brother S\L 76
F451 GE 4
F451 print 60
That's it until we get the next announcement which is May 14th. The status page looks promising as well.

Don't forget the IAL print 67 .😉

MikeDuke
04-24-2020, 07:16 AM
Red Dragon GE 48
Brother S\L 76
F451 GE 4
F451 print 60

Don't forget the IAL print 67 .😉
Your right. I forgot to put that in there. Sorry :(.

jeffingoff
04-24-2020, 10:20 AM
I wish I knew how to do them. I mean do them at all. I don't even know how to make a video and upload it.

There's nothing to it. REALLY. Nothing to it. I use an iPhone 8. And a free app called Splice.

jeffingoff
04-24-2020, 10:21 AM

Oh that's great! That's one viewer I definitely want to win over. Now I'm going to rewatch my videos and groan in discomfort! Which is pretty normal when I watch my videos.It is like thinking a movie is appropriate for the parents and you watch it with them and it is filled with brutality and sex that is completely inappropriate. Embarrassing.

One step closer. 📚🤓

We are sooooooo close on I AM LEGEND AGE and F451 Numbered editions!!

MikeDuke
04-24-2020, 10:22 AM
I wish I knew how to do them. I mean do them at all. I don't even know how to make a video and upload it.

There's nothing to it. REALLY. Nothing to it. I use an iPhone 8. And a free app called Splice.
Jeff. You are talking to a phone dinosaur. I am still rockin' the flip phone.

MikeDuke
04-24-2020, 10:25 AM
Yea. I can't wait to get some shipping notices.

Noxus35
04-24-2020, 11:26 AM
Yea. I can't wait to get some shipping notices.

Yeah, that would be great!
Too bad i missed out on that F451 numbered though, couldn't afford it at that time.
I am, however, looking forward to receiving the IAL & F451 AGE.
Those really looks awesome. 😎

St. Troy
04-24-2020, 12:52 PM
I am still rockin' the flip phone.

I think you have a leg-up on the rest of us security-wise these days.

MikeDuke
04-24-2020, 01:01 PM

It does what I need it to do. Make phone calls. I got the industrial strength (construction style) case. It's taken a beating by my clumsy hands and it still works.
I see no need to upgrade. And yes, I might be a little more secure than the smart phones.

jeffingoff
04-24-2020, 02:14 PM

Great point.

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-24-2020, 02:18 PM
I still don't own a cell phone but the way things are going now I might have to break down and buy one.

Oh yeah, this is the Suntup thread...Suntup is grrrrrrrreat! Tony the Tiger told me so.

MikeDuke
04-24-2020, 03:36 PM
Steve, Tony is never wrong and Suntup is great. Back to Suntup. I am curious to see the book with the mystery stories. I haven't read many mysteries so it will be fun when I get to that one. And of course the last big one should be awesome. I am very excited for that.

OldCrow88
04-25-2020, 02:33 AM
Last?!? Never say the word 'last' when speaking of Suntup Editions! :cowboy:

MikeDuke
04-25-2020, 07:44 AM
Last?!? Never say the word 'last' when speaking of Suntup Editions! :cowboy:
Sorry, your right. I should have said following or next or something like that. I beg forgiveness.

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-25-2020, 09:12 AM
I forgive you your your instead of you're.

MikeDuke
04-25-2020, 12:06 PM
I forgive you your your instead of you're.
Son of a BITCH. Man I really can't win. It's pretty amazing if you think about it.

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-25-2020, 12:20 PM
I read this book once called ON WRITING. Now I can't help but look for things like that.

Suntup is still great!

MikeDuke
04-25-2020, 06:06 PM
I tend to write and post pretty quick. I guess I just need to take my time.
Yes. Suntup is great.

zelig
04-25-2020, 06:26 PM
Yes. Suntup is great.

Come on, aren't you all tired of hearing this!? Suntup sucks!!! :P

Garrell
04-26-2020, 06:46 AM
Suntup for president…of N. Korea. :dance:

shaq
04-26-2020, 07:37 AM
Yes. Suntup is great.

Come on, aren't you all tired of hearing this!? Suntup sucks!!! :P

Suntup sucks, they give nothing to complain about!!!!!! Not happy being happy. 🙃

Brian861
04-26-2020, 11:07 AM
I tend to write and post pretty quick. I guess I just need to take my time.
Yes. Suntup is great.

Don't sweat it, Mike. Steve is an evil being called an "Editor". All the great writers had/have one.

Randall Flagg
04-26-2020, 11:37 AM
So thanks primarily to Suntup, and a little help from Letterpress, I now have to order a barn.

jeffingoff
04-26-2020, 11:55 AM
So thanks primarily to Suntup, and a little help from Letterpress, I now have to order a barn.

Better be climate controlled. And none of that square dancing business. And no cows. But let me know when you move in and I’ll come by with a bottle of scotch for a barn-warming.

Randall Flagg
04-26-2020, 12:13 PM

Better be climate controlled. And none of that square dancing business. And no cows. But let me know when you move in and I’ll come by with a bottle of scotch for a barn-warming.

No need. It's just to store the original shipping boxes and materials.:crow burp:

jeffingoff
04-26-2020, 07:40 PM

No need. It's just to store the original shipping boxes and materials.:crow burp:

Ah yes! During the restoration of my home, some asshat threw out the shipping for my Misery AGE. It’s the only one I no longer have.

lotuz
04-26-2020, 07:41 PM

I very much wish that when I saw this my first thought was "haha that's silly to keep all that stuff" but actually it was "i wonder what a reasonable price for a storage unit is around here"

:cry:

zelig
04-26-2020, 07:59 PM
Speaking of cows...

Aremag
04-26-2020, 09:18 PM
Speaking of cows...

You're doing a limited pressing of Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother?

kingfan2323
04-26-2020, 09:22 PM
Speaking of cows...Future Suntup announcement?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200427/c1b4f469544ee4954932285e64850893.jpg

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-27-2020, 04:27 AM
Is that the album with the frying bacon?

Oh yeah, Suntup is, well, you know...

Aremag
04-27-2020, 05:37 AM
Is that the album with the frying bacon?

Oh yeah, Suntup is, well, you know...

Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast indeed!

jeffingoff
04-27-2020, 06:02 AM
Speaking of cows...

The calfskin is on the lettered edition of The Lottery!

If only my high school had competent guidance counsellors when I was a student. They could have shown me the bookcases of people with different college degrees. Shelves full of paperbacks. Shelves of trade editions. Shelves of limited editions. Shelves of lettered editions. I think that would have demonstrated the benefit of pursuing different career paths. And seeing a shelf of lettered editions would have been all the encouragement I'd need to get a degree in finance or law.

becca69
04-27-2020, 09:08 AM
Speaking of cows...

Moo.

Randall Flagg
04-27-2020, 10:09 AM
bovine spongiform encephalopathy

jeffingoff
04-27-2020, 10:41 AM
bovine spongiform encephalopathy

You mad, cow?

kingfan2323
04-28-2020, 09:22 AM
I have spent more time with Jeff than my own friends since lockdown.

Help! He is in my YouTube feed now! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200428/7c13425945e92c464c5c1ba709519169.jpg

jeffingoff
04-28-2020, 09:28 AM

Help! He is in my YouTube feed now! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200428/7c13425945e92c464c5c1ba709519169.jpg

There's only one solution: delete all accounts and soak any and all devices you used to watch these videos in bleach. I am convinced these videos (along with 5G) have caused Covid-19.

kingfan2323
04-28-2020, 10:15 AM

There's only one solution: delete all accounts and soak any and all devices you used to watch these videos in bleach. I am convinced these videos (along with 5G) have caused Covid-19.What a way to go out then!

Brian861
04-28-2020, 11:14 AM
I have spent more time with Jeff than my own friends since lockdown. Help! He is in my YouTube feed now!

That's how he gets you.

Caliban
04-28-2020, 11:15 AM
The bookmarks smell very good. You, the people of Suntup did perfume them did you not? I sat and smelled that `the road` bookmark just now, like an addict (of good smells) .. i think someone used these bookmarks when they were out and about looking for a new eau de cologne .. or perfume as it is called

Edited for : Sorry. Mystery solved! There was to be found some incense in that same drawer .. but still, i wonder about that perfume as they, the books smell very good

becca69
04-28-2020, 02:27 PM
The bookmarks smell very good. You, the people of Suntup did perfume them did you not? I sat and smelled that `the road` bookmark just now, like an addict (of good smells) .. i think someone used these bookmarks when they were out and about looking for a new eau de cologne .. or perfume as it is called

Edited for : Sorry. Mystery solved! There was to be found some incense in that same drawer .. but still, i wonder about that perfume as they, the books smell very good

I think that might be Eau de Ink :ninja:

webstar1000
04-28-2020, 02:31 PM

I think that might be Eau de Ink :ninja:

They are UV Coated. We have a machine at the shop and it’s smell is VERY distinct. It’s a good smell too. They bookmarks are probably toner which have no smell and if ink would be sealed in by the coating. Anything UV coated I find smells really good. Almost like a perfume!

Munnecom
04-28-2020, 11:34 PM
There was to be found some incense in that same drawer

Being from Norway, English probably isn't your first language, but that sentence could have been ripped straight from the pages of a Jane Austen novel!

Caliban
04-29-2020, 07:37 AM
> Munnecom : True. It`s not. The classics are indeed the ones to blame ! Wait til after i consume Faerie Queene, oh the dread of what offspring that will be ..

> Webstar & Becca : After the smelly incident of yesterday, it smells hardly of no more this `ere day. The drawer in which holds the heavenly smells though, are happily not far away.

-

All the best !

jeffingoff
04-29-2020, 08:40 AM
Looks like I need to huff some dank bookmarks today.

MikeDuke
04-29-2020, 09:06 AM
Wow, is this what we have come to? Huffing bookmarks. Truly a sad state of affairs.

Patrick
04-29-2020, 09:46 AM
Speaking of cows...

Moo.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

MikeDuke
04-29-2020, 09:50 AM
Speaking of cows...

Moo.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
4 legs good two legs better. An Animal Farm Suntup book would be awesome.

Caliban
04-30-2020, 07:15 AM
What where are the clues for the next release .. if any ?

MikeDuke
04-30-2020, 07:16 AM
I think just that it's mystery stories.

Br!an
04-30-2020, 07:37 AM

From Paul's email...

"This is a very unique book for us as it marks our first release in the mystery genre, containing six stories by six different authors, along with a new introduction written by the original publisher of these tales. "

Noxus35
04-30-2020, 08:14 AM

From Paul's email...

"This is a very unique book for us as it marks our first release in the mystery genre, containing six stories by six different authors, along with a new introduction written by the original publisher of these tales. "

Yes, i think it will be a collection of short stories handpicked by Paul from one (or maybe more) publisher(s) . Sort of a "best of" kind of deal.

The fact that there is no Facebook live nor a teaser video leads me to believe that it's a non-existing anthology.

Now another guess of mine is that the original publisher in question could be Otto Penzler, the man behind the Mysterious Press S/L edition of Cujo.
Paul did an interview once with him so i did some research on him and noticed that his publishing house devoted entirely to mystery and crime stories.
Now i don't know much about Mysterious Press and if there were any notable short stories that came from it.

But i do know that Otto Penzler has worked with the likes of Joyce Carol Oates, Isaac Assimov, Elmore Leonard and many others.
He has also edited a lot of crime fiction anthologies of both reprints and newly commissioned stories, although i don't know if he also published any of these anthologies.

jeffingoff
04-30-2020, 09:10 AM

From Paul's email...

Yes, i think it will be a collection of short stories handpicked by Paul from one (or maybe more) publisher(s) . Sort of a "best of" kind of deal.

The fact that there is no Facebook live nor a teaser video leads me to believe that it's a non-existing anthology.

Now another guess of mine is that the original publisher in question could be Otto Penzler, the man behind the Mysterious Press S/L edition of Cujo.
Paul did an interview once with him so i did some research on him and noticed that his publishing house devoted entirely to mystery and crime stories.
Now i don't know much about Mysterious Press and if there were any notable short stories that came from it.

But i do know that Otto Penzler has worked with the likes of Joyce Carol Oates, Isaac Assimov, Elmore Leonard and many others.
He has also edited a lot of crime fiction anthologies of both reprints and newly commissioned stories, although i don't know if he also published any of these anthologies.

Who are you, Bob Woodward? You make a really great case for a Mysterious Press collaboration.

MikeDuke
04-30-2020, 09:28 AM
I Have to admit, I did find it strange that there is no FB teaser video for the May release. I am still anxious to see what it ends up being.

jeffingoff
04-30-2020, 09:34 AM
I Have to admit, I did find it strange that there is no FB teaser video for the May release. I am still anxious to see what it ends up being.

With so many books getting announced, I think it makes sense that Paul needs a breather. LOL

MikeDuke
04-30-2020, 10:18 AM

With so many books getting announced, I think it makes sense that Paul needs a breather. LOL
I agree with that. Paul has a lot going on and I am sure that the vids take up some time.

Splync
04-30-2020, 10:19 AM
He does make a very great case for Penzler and a Mysterious Press / Mysterious Bookstore anthology!

Slight tangent, I bought the limited edition of Stories (edited by Gaiman and Sarrantonio) and it is a stunning edition! I was so impressed that I was sure to stop at The Mysterious Bookshop when I was in NYC last October. It's a very nice store.

webstar1000
04-30-2020, 10:26 AM

I agree with that. Paul has a lot going on and I am sure that the vids take up some time.

How does one know he isn't doing a live for May?

Noxus35
04-30-2020, 10:33 AM

It's not stated in the announcement schedule on the website and the schedule e-mail we've received . 😉

webstar1000
04-30-2020, 11:00 AM

It's not stated in the announcement schedule on the website and the schedule e-mail we've received . [emoji6]

Odd... I’d be surprised if he didn’t

Patrick
04-30-2020, 11:00 AM

It's not stated in the announcement schedule on the website and the schedule e-mail we've received . 😉
The announcement is still a couple weeks away. There’s still time for a video.

kingfan2323
04-30-2020, 11:04 AM

It's not stated in the announcement schedule on the website and the schedule e-mail we've received . [emoji6]
The announcement is still a couple weeks away. There’s still time for a video.I guess we will just have to huff Suntup book markers to hold us over. Aww. . . The things I will do behind a dumpster to score my "mark" (the street name in the Bay Area). Not pretty.

Noxus35
04-30-2020, 11:13 AM

That's exactly what i thought when i noticed it but who knows. Maybe he'll do a suprise live and catch us off guard. 😉

Whatever the case; the mystery remains until the 14th of May..

willie3
04-30-2020, 02:32 PM
A Penzler edited collection would be fantastic. Big fan of Mysterious Press and all of the Penzler edited Big Book of series.
A collection of stories from the Press’ annual Bibliomysteries release sounds exciting to me, but hard to cull six from the 39 released so far.
They are similar in size to the Little Book of Color Stories from Borderlands.

zelig
04-30-2020, 07:59 PM

The Announcement Schedule (https://suntup.press/announcement-schedules/) is your friend! So I am not planning on doing a FB live for the May announcement. Sorry folks! You will have a break from my ramblings. My next live broadcast will be on June 17th.

I'm excited about the May book. I feel that the designs are some of the nicest so far. Very elegant and the art is so good. These turned out really nice. I hope you like them!

In other news, I'm very pleased to say that The Lottery Numbered is already at the binders. I have seen an early bound copy, and it looks great! The Numbered edition of Fahrenheit 451 is done! We are in the process of making the cases. The AGE of I Am Legend is also done as you know, and will be shipping soonish. When I have an estimated ship date, I will update the Status Updates (https://suntup.press/status-updates/) page.

kingfan2323
04-30-2020, 08:23 PM

The Announcement Schedule (https://suntup.press/announcement-schedules/) is your friend! So I am not planning on doing a FB live for the May announcement. Sorry folks! You will have a break from my ramblings. My next live broadcast will be on June 17th.

I'm excited about the May book. I feel that the designs are some of the nicest so far. Very elegant and the art is so good. These turned out really nice. I hope you like them!

In other news, I'm very pleased to say that The Lottery Numbered is already at the binders. I have seen an early bound copy, and it looks great! The Numbered edition of Fahrenheit 451 is done! We are in the process of making the cases. The AGE of I Am Legend is also done as you know, and will be shipping soonish. When I have an estimated ship date, I will update the Status Updates (https://suntup.press/status-updates/) page.All great news, Paul. I am so excited for them. Doing a great job keeping things rolling during this crazy stuff.

Noxus35
04-30-2020, 08:40 PM

In other news, I'm very pleased to say that The Lottery Numbered is already at the binders. I have seen an early bound copy, and it looks great! The Numbered edition of Fahrenheit 451 is done! We are in the process of making the cases. The AGE of I Am Legend is also done as you know, and will be shipping soonish. When I have an estimated ship date, I will update the Status Updates (https://suntup.press/status-updates/) page.

Wow! Exciting times and this already made my day (it's very early here 😉 ) .

Looking forward to IAL (even the ARC is excellent) & The Lottery. 👌🏻

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-01-2020, 05:07 AM
Paul, can you get in your car and drive my books to my house? I don't want another parcel languishing in a USPS warehouse for weeks and weeks. I'll chip in a couple of bucks for gas.

And, oh yes, don't forget your mask and gloves!

MikeDuke
05-01-2020, 05:30 AM
All great news Paul. Very excited to hear how far along the lottery is. Very happy to hear that F451 is done and you are on to the cases. And equally happy that IAL AGE is done and will be shipping soon. What
a great way to start the weekend.

Noxus35
05-06-2020, 06:03 AM
:Rorschach's Journal. May 6th, 2020. Run over laptop in the alley this morning. Tire tread on it's lid. This world's afraid of it. I've seen their true fears. The internet is extended in gutters, and these gutters are full of words, and when the drains finally scab over all the words will combine flawlessly. The accumulated text of all these words, punctuation and chapter headings will perfectly line up on high quality paper. Bound in one elegantly illustrated Suntup anthology and all the fans and buyers will look up and shout "WE WANT IT... NOW!" and Paul will look down from his castle and whisper "No..you'll have to wait seven more days"

:P

webstar1000
05-06-2020, 06:17 AM
:Rorschach's Journal. May 6th, 2020. Run over laptop in the alley this morning. Tire tread on it's lid. This world's afraid of it. I've seen their true fears. The internet is extended in gutters, and these gutters are full of words, and when the drains finally scab over all the words will combine flawlessly. The accumulated text of all these words, punctuation and chapter headings will perfectly line up on high quality paper. Bound in one elegantly illustrated Suntup anthology and all the fans and buyers will look up and shout "WE WANT IT... NOW!" and Paul will look down from his castle and whisper "No..you'll have to wait seven more days"

Who said your quote in your signature? I love it...

MikeDuke
05-06-2020, 06:23 AM

Great Redux of that opening monologue. Very well thought out.

Noxus35
05-06-2020, 06:29 AM

I believe it was George R.R. Martin who said it. 🤔😉

@Mikeduke; Thank you very much! 😎

Munnecom
05-06-2020, 08:32 AM

I believe it was George R.R. Martin who said it.

It was Jojen Reed in GRRM's A Dance with Dragons. Here's the full quote:

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

webstar1000
05-06-2020, 08:49 AM
tanks boys

love that quote!

Splync
05-06-2020, 08:50 AM
When thinking about Suntup, there are two mysteries that I can't get out of my mind. First, what will the May release be? Second, why are there still FIVE Artist Gift Editions of Fahrenheit 451 on Dark Regions Press.

If anyone missed out on a copy of this title, now is your chance!

https://darkregions.com/products/fahrenheit-451-by-ray-bradbury-limited-artist-gift-slipcased-hardcover-edition-preorder

Noxus35
05-06-2020, 08:58 AM
When thinking about Suntup, there are two mysteries that I can't get out of my mind. First, what will the May release be? Second, why are there still FIVE Artist Gift Editions of Fahrenheit 451 on Dark Regions Press.

If anyone missed out on a copy of this title, now is your chance!

https://darkregions.com/products/fahrenheit-451-by-ray-bradbury-limited-artist-gift-slipcased-hardcover-edition-preorder

I actually bought two. 😉
One at Paul's site and one at DRP, after it originally sold out one of my friends said that he absolutely loves that novel and was very sad he missed it.
So when it came live on DRP i did not hesistate and placed an order for him, i will give it to him as a gift when it arrives. 😉