PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

MikeDuke
03-05-2020, 09:21 AM
Yep. Still there.

shaq
03-05-2020, 09:29 AM
Got it with the link.

Wow.

MikeDuke
03-05-2020, 09:30 AM
Looks like somebody picked it up.

MikeDuke
03-05-2020, 09:31 AM
Got it with the link.

Wow.
Congrats. Glad you got it.

Noxus35
03-05-2020, 09:32 AM
Got it with the link.

Wow.

Congrats man! I would've bought it myself but just couldn't afford it at this moment. 🤭

Glad somebody here got it though. 😉

shaq
03-05-2020, 09:36 AM
Cheers. This one has been on my mind for a while now.

Dreading telling the wife!!! 😇😇😇

Hunchback Jack
03-05-2020, 10:02 AM
Congrats, and well done!

jeffingoff
03-05-2020, 10:05 AM
You’re a Suntup cat burglar! In and out before anyone was any wiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaq
03-05-2020, 10:08 AM
Yep, sheer luck.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-05-2020, 11:03 AM
You were just in time. Machine-like, I call it.

Brian861
03-05-2020, 01:28 PM
I didn't order The Invisible Man or The War of the Worlds but I'll have #168 of The Time Machine if someone needs it for a matching set.

jeffingoff
03-05-2020, 04:32 PM
I haven’t read Red Dragon in ages. Re-reading it now with my Suntup ARC and I’m just hit with how perfect this art is. It’s as elegant and raw as the book.

swintek
03-05-2020, 07:41 PM
I haven’t read Red Dragon in ages. Re-reading it now with my Suntup ARC and I’m just hit with how perfect this art is. It’s as elegant and raw as the book.

You're actually reading the precious Suntup ARC? I applaud this move. Can't wait to reread this (though, it'll be the limited), as it went immediately into my top 5 at the time of first read. Yeah, the art on this felt right to me, too. Let us know your final thoughts when done.

kingfan2323
03-05-2020, 08:44 PM

You're actually reading the precious Suntup ARC? I applaud this move. Can't wait to reread this (though, it'll be the limited), as it went immediately into my top 5 at the time of first read. Yeah, the art on this felt right to me, too. Let us know your final thoughts when done.I'm guessing you two are among the very few in here that read their limited editions. I think it is badass. I have never done in once. I think I might read my Gift edition of RB when I do my first read of it. That will feel plenty foreign and scary to me.

seeking Gunslinger #246

jeffingoff
03-05-2020, 09:05 PM

You're actually reading the precious Suntup ARC? I applaud this move. Can't wait to reread this (though, it'll be the limited), as it went immediately into my top 5 at the time of first read. Yeah, the art on this felt right to me, too. Let us know your final thoughts when done.I'm guessing you two are among the very few in here that read their limited editions. I think it is badass. I have never done in once. I think I might read my Gift edition of RB when I do my first read of it. That will feel plenty foreign and scary to me.

seeking Gunslinger #246

Yeah if I had the other two editions in hand (my numbered and AGE) I’d probably be reading the AGE. But I have been dying to reacquaint myself with this book so when I got the ARC I couldn’t hold off.

I plan on reading a copy of every book Suntup publishes. In some cases, like The Haunting of Hill House and The Road, I had to read the numbered. But when Paul offers an AGE option, that’ll be the edition I’ll read. Rosemary’s Baby and Horns were fantastic experiences. But the best by far was The Road.

With the wonderful art and incredible details, these books are immersive and elevated at the same time. The Road was an ash covered world and it would have been a personal sin for me to not read that edition.

Hunchback Jack
03-05-2020, 10:02 PM
I think you have the right idea, Jeff. I haven't yet read a Suntup book, and that seems just plain wrong.

HBJ

Br!an
03-06-2020, 03:52 AM

seeking Gunslinger #246

I wash my hands, sit comfortably, and don't eat, drink or smoke when I read a valuable book. I can then relax and enjoy the experience without too much worry.

Munnecom
03-06-2020, 04:17 AM
I have no problem with reading limited editions myself and fully intend to read my Suntup books in due time.

The one issue I have is that I can't find a comfortable position to sit in for long when holding large books. I took my copy of Swan Song from SubPress off the shelf the other day. I have no idea how I'll ever read that without snapping my wrists in half.

webstar1000
03-06-2020, 05:01 AM
My first read of a limited was Rosemary Baby. I told Paul this... its like watching a big budget movie at home VS IMAX. I sincerely enjoyed it much more BUT was the stress of not opening it too far, getting something on it, damaging it in anyway worth it? For a gift /artist YES...... maybe a number but in no way would I do it with a letter.

Hunchback Jack
03-06-2020, 09:40 AM
Unfortunately, I tend to have the habit of reading the books that Paul publishes while waiting for them to be published. :-)

But my next reread of brother will be of the limited edition. That’s a book just begging to be held and read slowly. Ditto my next reread of the road. I will also hold off on reading the time machine until the signed limited edition arrives.

MikeDuke
03-06-2020, 09:46 AM
I have others to go through first but when I start reading these books, I will read the books I got from Paul. That's the whole idea in my opinion. But that's just me.

jeffingoff
03-06-2020, 09:57 AM
I have no problem with reading limited editions myself and fully intend to read my Suntup books in due time.

The one issue I have is that I can't find a comfortable position to sit in for long when holding large books. I took my copy of Swan Song from SubPress off the shelf the other day. I have no idea how I'll ever read that without snapping my wrists in half.

This is so true! It's not just the physical harm--it's also trying to balance the book without twisting the spine and damaging the binding. The CD Artist Edition of The Shining was cumbersome but the worst was reading the CD gift edition of IT! That was a mess and the front and back boards are so thin. I'm amazed that the book didn't tear in half under its own weight. But it's why I wouldn't even try to read Swan Song or Sleeping Beauties. I've learned my lesson.

My first read of a limited was Rosemary Baby. I told Paul this... its like watching a big budget movie at home VS IMAX. I sincerely enjoyed it much more BUT was the stress of not opening it too far, getting something on it, damaging it in anyway worth it? For a gift /artist YES...... maybe a number but in no way would I do it with a letter.

Yeah, I wouldn't read a lettered either. It's almost too stressful reading the numbered editions. I created a disposable book cover for HHH and I went way out of my way for The Road to ensure it didn't get damaged. I traveled with it in the slipcase and the whole thing in a bubblewrap bag. Everything is still in excellent condition. Reading the AGEs was a lot less stressful and no less wonderful.

Hunchback Jack
03-06-2020, 10:10 AM
RB has a pretty stunning AGE. If or when I reread that novel, I will likely read the AGE rather than the numbered.

Totally agree about oversized books. Particularly long epics. It’s the one thing about subterranean press that sometimes disappoints me – they tend to gravitate toward oversized volumes, even for relatively short books. It makes them cumbersome to read, and adds cost that could be put into artwork or better materials for a smaller book.

I’m not against the idea of oversized books entirely – I’d liked that misery was a larger book – but in general I like that Paul has kept the numbered editions at a more conventional size.

St. Troy
03-06-2020, 10:21 AM
The hugest book I ever read (I read on the train, FYI) was a special edition of Moby Dick that weighed in at 5 1/2 lbs. (yes, I have a huge Moby Dick - let's try to be adults about this, okay?). It is the only book for which I ever had to find a specific way to arrange my hands and wrists because soreness was becoming a factor.

More about this here, for those who might like to get their hands on a huge one:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?113-What-are-you-currently-reading&p=1112990&viewfull=1#post1112990
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21280-Moby-Dick

jeffingoff
03-06-2020, 10:24 AM
RB has a pretty stunning AGE. If or when I reread that novel, I will likely read the AGE rather than the numbered.

Totally agree about oversized books. Particularly long epics. It’s the one thing about subterranean press that sometimes disappoints me – they tend to gravitate toward oversized volumes, even for relatively short books. It makes them cumbersome to read, and adds cost that could be put into artwork or better materials for a smaller book.

I’m not against the idea of oversized books entirely – I’d liked that misery was a larger book – but in general I like that Paul has kept the numbered editions at a more conventional size.

Agree. I love the shelf presence of these beautiful oversized editions. IT and the numbered edition of Sleeping Beauties are among my most treasured books, but I prefer the size that Paul seems to have balanced his editions on.

zelig
03-06-2020, 11:06 AM
My only advice on this is not to read your Lettered editions at the beach.

Garrell
03-06-2020, 11:12 AM
Bathtub only

Cook
03-06-2020, 11:21 AM
Bathtub only

Or the sauna of course 🧖

Brian861
03-06-2020, 01:05 PM
Well, I'm that guy. You know the one. Buys the high end sports car, drives home from the dealer, parks it in the garage, never to be driven again. That's how my collectibles are handled. Tis the reason they print PB's, folks :)

MikeDuke
03-06-2020, 01:10 PM
Like I said, not me. I am reading my S\L just like I am doing with the DT series.

webstar1000
03-06-2020, 01:39 PM
Like I said, not me. I am reading my S\L just like I am doing with the DT series.

You read a Gunslinger S/l mike??!! Wow 😳

herbertwest
03-06-2020, 02:22 PM
Wondering, what Suntup books has gotten proof so far?

- Misery
- Rosemary's Baby
- The Road
- Red Dragon

Any other : Horns? Hill House? Brother?

jeffingoff
03-06-2020, 02:36 PM
I assume all of them?

I have a Brother ARC.

jeffingoff
03-06-2020, 02:41 PM
The Red Dragon ARC sold for $310.

Also, I know I've seen an ARC for Horns.

zelig
03-06-2020, 03:23 PM
All releases so far have had ARC's except these: The three Wells books and Bridges.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-06-2020, 03:32 PM
I heard Noah also had an ARC.

zelig
03-06-2020, 03:34 PM

Don't ever stop...you always put a smile on my face...

swintek
03-06-2020, 03:43 PM
I cannot understand the worry- at all. These books are constructed so well (that's the whole point, isn't it?). You're not going to harm them by reading them. I know that they have monetary value and one would ideally like to maintain whatever value they have, but- you would not know any of my books have been read. Their value hasn't diminished one cent. In fact, the real value is in the reading of them. Imagine that? You won't hurt them- read them. There's nothing like reading a beautiful book. Like Paul said- just don't read them at the beach.

Joe315
03-06-2020, 03:49 PM
It’s not about messing up the book because of how it’s constructed, it’s messing it up with dirty fingers or dropping it or something else.

MikeDuke
03-06-2020, 03:59 PM

You read a Gunslinger S/l mike??!! Wow 😳
No not a GS S\L. Man would I love one of those :drool:, along with other stuff. But I am up to Song of Susannah. I have 2-7 in S\L form. But just, to get this back on track, I intend on reading my numbered Suntup books.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Susannah's a'gonna plug ya fer a gettin' her name a spelled wrong, pardner.

Br!an
03-06-2020, 04:06 PM

You really are reading Genesis.

MikeDuke
03-06-2020, 04:09 PM
Susannah's a'gonna plug ya fer a gettin' her name a spelled wrong, pardner.
Corrected. I reckon I am safe now. And what fun would would it be a post of mine without the chance of a mis-spelled word.

Ben Mears
03-06-2020, 06:23 PM
I cannot understand the worry- at all. These books are constructed so well (that's the whole point, isn't it?). You're not going to harm them by reading them. I know that they have monetary value and one would ideally like to maintain whatever value they have, but- you would not know any of my books have been read. Their value hasn't diminished one cent. In fact, the real value is in the reading of them. Imagine that? You won't hurt them- read them. There's nothing like reading a beautiful book. Like Paul said- just don't read them at the beach.

+1. I'm looking forward to my 17th annual reading of the Centipede 'Salem's Lot deluxe edition in September.

swintek
03-06-2020, 07:49 PM

+1. I'm looking forward to my 17th annual reading of the Centipede 'Salem's Lot deluxe edition in September.

That is absolutely amazing- that you have read that book that many times. You have to have insights on it that us regular readers (twice only for me, and not in a decade! And- it's one of my top 5 books..) have missed. When can we expect your "Paper"? I'm serious. Or, at least- your thoughts over a scotch!

kingfan2323
03-06-2020, 08:16 PM
I've always wanted to ask if many people read their limited edition books. Actually more than I thought. I think it's cool.

seeking Gunslinger #246

Kongo
03-06-2020, 08:27 PM
I've always wanted to ask if many people read their limited edition books. Actually more than I thought. I think it's cool.

seeking Gunslinger #246

I've recently read my Misery AGE, and it was an amazing experience. Everything from the art, and texture of the paper. It really improved everything

herbertwest
03-07-2020, 03:01 AM
All releases so far have had ARC's except these: The three Wells books and Bridges.

Good to know, thanks !

Brian861
03-07-2020, 08:08 AM

Don't ever stop...you always put a smile on my face...

This! :rofl:

Ben Mears
03-07-2020, 09:45 AM

That is absolutely amazing- that you have read that book that many times. You have to have insights on it that us regular readers (twice only for me, and not in a decade! And- it's one of my top 5 books..) have missed. When can we expect your "Paper"? I'm serious. Or, at least- your thoughts over a scotch!

Not sure I have any insights other than an unaccountable passion for the story. Embarrassing to say after reading the book annually since 1976!

swintek
03-07-2020, 10:30 AM

Not sure I have any insights other than an unaccountable passion for the story. Embarrassing to say after reading the book annually since 1976!

Well, that is good enough, I think. I admire that passion. And it reminds me to revisit the book soon!

St. Troy
03-07-2020, 11:18 AM
It’s not about messing up the book because of how it’s constructed, it’s messing it up with dirty fingers or dropping it or something else.

I've noticed that my fingers leave some kind of dark marks (maybe natural skin oils or some damn thing) on the cheap boards on ordinary hardcovers when my hands are basically clean. Because those are regular books, I don't sweat it, but I wonder if that's unavoidable every time you read a book (not that that will stop me from reading my finer books when I have time; that will happen).

MLG
03-07-2020, 01:05 PM

I've noticed that my fingers leave some kind of dark marks (maybe natural skin oils or some damn thing) on the cheap boards on ordinary hardcovers when my hands are basically clean. Because those are regular books, I don't sweat it, but I wonder if that's unavoidable every time you read a book (not that that will stop me from reading my finer books when I have time; that will happen).

I am someone who reads my limited editions. You are correct, even with clean skin oils will be left behind. The extent of that is dependent on the material of the book. Here is what I do. With books that have a dust jacket I always cover it with Brodart before reading. Some dustjackets will allow you to handle them without leaving oil marks and some will not. Books without dustjackets are tougher. If they are leather or similar surface I just make sure my hands are clean and generally have no issue. For cloth surfaces I need to be more careful. I generally have a paper napkin next to me and wipe my fingers every few minutes. For the surfaces that are somewhere in between like the limited Gwendy's Button Box I follow the same rules as I do with cloth covers.

Munnecom
03-07-2020, 02:04 PM
I’ve heard that those natural oils are actually good for leatherbound books, because it keeps the leather supple and prevents it from drying out and cracking. That could be total BS, though.

Br!an
03-07-2020, 02:13 PM
I’ve heard that those natural oils are actually good for leatherbound books, because it keeps the leather supple and prevents it from drying out and cracking. That could be total BS, though.

That is likely true for a baseball glove. Less so for rare books.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-07-2020, 02:36 PM
I ALWAYS take the dust wrappers off of any hardcover books I read and replace them with ones made out of paper shopping bags, then put the dust wrappers back on when finished reading.

Brian861
03-07-2020, 03:47 PM
I ALWAYS take the dust wrappers off of any hardcover books I read and replace them with ones made out of paper shopping bags, then put the dust wrappers back on when finished reading.

That's the way we used to cover our textbooks back in the day.

Finally finished paying off a lay-a-way from Camelot and received the Rosemary's Baby and Horns AGE's with the lot. Gorgeous productions, Paul!

zelig
03-07-2020, 04:32 PM

That's the way we used to cover our textbooks back in the day.

Finally finished paying off a lay-a-way from Camelot and received the Rosemary's Baby and Horns AGE's with the lot. Gorgeous productions, Paul!

That’s right! I remember that. We’d cover them in this brown paper. I can still hear the crinkling sound they would make. Pleased you like the books. Thanks.

jeffingoff
03-07-2020, 05:33 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200308/65b449272dd03b078267ba59234cebd3.jpg

zelig
03-07-2020, 06:38 PM
Jeff, dude! You were supposed to keep this secret until we made the official announcement. Well now that it's out, I'm very pleased to present our new bookbinder, jeffingoff! Look out for future editions bound in such a way...

Rj_h
03-07-2020, 08:14 PM
That's how you become the coolest kid in school right there!

Br!an
03-08-2020, 04:22 AM
I have no idea if these instructions apply to modern day leather bound editions but this page does suggest that handling the leather with bare hands is a good idea.

Do's & Don'ts: Care for Leather Bound Books. (http://eidolonhouse.com/chronicles/dos-donts-care-for-leather-bound-books)

Does anyone know if these tips apply to the modern day editions? There is also a link in there on how to condition the leather bound editions once a year.

How To: Leather Conditioning For Fine Bindings. (http://eidolonhouse.com/chronicles/how-to-leather-conditioning-for-fine-bindings)

I'm sure there is a thread around here discussing this and sorry if this posting is an annoyance.

Perhaps it is just poor word choice, but, "Hydrating the leather" is something I would never do to my leatherbound books. :nope:

Munnecom
03-08-2020, 05:06 AM
Just stop covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing near your priceless books. Two birds, one stone.

Also, less than one hundred hours to go until the next reveal. :excited:

jeffingoff
03-08-2020, 07:16 AM
Jeff, dude! You were supposed to keep this secret until we made the official announcement. Well now that it's out, I'm very pleased to present our new bookbinder, jeffingoff! Look out for future editions bound in such a way...

Since constructing the vehicle from the clues Paul and I discovered upon a very close reading of The Time Machine, it's difficult to know my when. So I apologize! As Paul is aware, the pic I posted is from 4 years from now. It's part of the Suntup Off the Rack editions. Fast horror books that used to dominate the market as impulse buys in grocery store checkout lanes. To bind this edition of John Tigges' VENOM, we travelled to 1988 and sourced paper grocery bags from a now out-of-business grocery store chain. We also bought 300 copies of the original paperback and are including them as reading copies" with every purchase.

Ben Mears
03-08-2020, 07:25 AM
That’s right! I remember that. We’d cover them in this brown paper. I can still hear the crinkling sound they would make. Pleased you like the books. Thanks.

Subliminal inspiration for Brother cover design?

Aremag
03-08-2020, 03:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200308/65b449272dd03b078267ba59234cebd3.jpg

Where's the video of the making of this book cover???

MikeDuke
03-08-2020, 04:19 PM
Very excited for this Thursday.

lotuz
03-08-2020, 07:32 PM
Very excited for this Thursday.

Me too! It kind of snuck up on me, actually. Like I knew it was March but we first heard about it in January or whenever and I had to push it to the back of my mind lest it drive me batty for 8 weeks, so when I thought about it this weekend for the first time in awhile and looked it up, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was this week!

webstar1000
03-09-2020, 05:01 AM
Hey Paul, I know you said you were shipping Time Machine soon and cannot wait as most here can attest but I was wondering... will you have tons of pictures to share of the finished Roman one? I am very excited to see it as I am sure many others are. THanks man

zelig
03-09-2020, 05:06 AM
Hey Paul, I know you said you were shipping Time Machine soon and cannot wait as most here can attest but I was wondering... will you have tons of pictures to share of the finished Roman one? I am very excited to see it as I am sure many others are. THanks man

Yes definitely. When it is done, it will have a professional photoshoot and I will share many pictures of it.

MikeDuke
03-09-2020, 05:12 AM
Awesome on the shipping of The Time Machine and I am interested in seeing pictures of the Roman one. Plus I can't wait for IAL either.

webstar1000
03-09-2020, 05:19 AM

Yes definitely. When it is done, it will have a professional photoshoot and I will share many pictures of it.

That is great. Im VERY excited to see the first Suntup Roman brother. It's gonna be something I bet!

jeffingoff
03-09-2020, 06:38 AM
Got the email on I Am Legend and all I can say is WOW! I was thrilled about this edition before, but what you’ve done is exceptional!

MikeDuke
03-09-2020, 06:39 AM
Wow.
Have people seen the upgraded version of IAL? Check your email and the website. It looks awesome :excited:.

Munnecom
03-09-2020, 06:39 AM
There he goes again, upgrading books we already paid for to make them even better. Damnit Paul, when will you learn?! This is not how you’re supposed to run your business! Overprice, underdeliver - not the other way around!

It looks awesome! Thank you so much for doing this!

MikeDuke
03-09-2020, 06:43 AM
14 left. But I am pretty sure this won't last long now.

Noxus35
03-09-2020, 06:52 AM
Great work takes up a lot of time to achieve perfection Paul. The numbered edition looks awesome and jaw dropping at the same time.
Even though i haven't bought it myself.🤭
But the part about the AGE got me excited.
So here i am, sitting and eagerly awaiting to see what the "exciting news" will be . 😉

Raenas
03-09-2020, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the IAL upgrade Paul, it looks stunning. Your approach to book making is rather like doing art than an actual business!

Hunchback Jack
03-09-2020, 07:14 AM
Jaw-dropping is right. The new design for IAL looks stunning - I love those marbled boards!

The upgrades look amazing, Paul. Thank you!

Garrell
03-09-2020, 07:52 AM
WOW, can't wait to get that one home!!!!

zelig
03-09-2020, 09:32 AM
Thanks All. Pleased you like it. This one has been a long road, but we are almost done. TTM will ship next followed by I Am Legend. Tomorrow will be the email about the AGE.

MikeDuke
03-09-2020, 09:36 AM
11 left so get them while you can.

shaq
03-09-2020, 09:43 AM
Thanks Paul, that looks awesome. Mines athe AGE, so looking forward to the email.

Outstanding again

NiceM
03-09-2020, 11:27 AM
Wow Paul, I managed to avoid the numbered IAL because I was not completely blown away by the paper boards and now you do this! I just put the remaining copies under 10 :panic:

P.S. can you ship this with my letter?

lotuz
03-09-2020, 11:29 AM
11 left so get them while you can.

I bet these sell out this week (maybe even today) as people continue to check their emails, especially those at work or on monitored connections. There are only 9 left now, so clearly this has gotten people to get out their proverbial checkbooks!! Maybe especially for those who are relatively new to Suntup Editions, the new boards just make it pop in a way it didn't before, and might be drawing some new eyes...

EDIT:

Wow Paul, I managed to avoid the numbered IAL because I was not completely blown away by the paper boards and now you do this! I just put the remaining copies under 10 :panic:

And this! I didn't even think about lettered-only folks who might decide to now add this to their queue...

zelig
03-09-2020, 11:50 AM

Yes, no problem. The Lettered and Numbered for this will ship at the same time. Thanks for the order.

NiceM
03-09-2020, 11:59 AM

Yes, no problem. The Lettered and Numbered for this will ship at the same time. Thanks for the order.

:rock:

NiceM
03-09-2020, 12:01 PM

And this! I didn't even think about lettered-only folks who might decide to now add this to their queue...

Yea... he got me at Red Dragon :blush:

Patrick
03-09-2020, 12:20 PM
These IAL upgrades once again prove Suntup Editions is a class act!

swintek
03-09-2020, 12:24 PM
I think the book looks much better now in these pics. Good job, Paul! Love that you keep working on it until it's right.

MikeDuke
03-09-2020, 12:47 PM
9 left.

Dr. Dawg
03-09-2020, 05:55 PM
There's not much to be said other than what has been mentioned already- I am so excited about this edition! I love that the spine is still parchment, and those boards, though... :drool:
2 Suntup editions dropping within the next 2 months! :dance:

Cook
03-10-2020, 05:11 AM
Nice upgrade Paul !!
Are you going to be changing the skin on the slipcase as well?
My apologies if this was already discussed.

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 05:18 AM
Anyone got a shipping notice for Time Machine? Im pumped to read this one. I made a deal with myself when I started with Paul to read EVERY book he puts out. My least fav has been Hill House but the rest? HUGE fans of... I mean some are in my top favs now. Just finished Rosemary and loved it (watching movie now as well due to Pauls recommendation and it will be the oldest film I have ever watched. I have 35 mins left when I get home tonight). I have never read a Wells book so looking forward to reading the 4 Paul is doing. I should be done Gone Girl (WHICH I LOVE) in a few more days to a week and hoping that Time Machine is arriving in time to fill my bookless void. lol

zelig
03-10-2020, 05:23 AM
Nice upgrade Paul !!

Thanks, appreciate that. The slipcase isn’t covered in any skins. It’s paper and cloth. That hasn’t changed.

zelig
03-10-2020, 05:25 AM
Anyone got a shipping notice for Time Machine?

The Time Machine should be shipping in about two weeks. I will update the status page when I have a specific date. The books are now on hand though. Just prepping at this point.

MikeDuke
03-10-2020, 05:30 AM
That's great Paul. Can't wait to get this one.

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 05:30 AM
Anyone got a shipping notice for Time Machine?

The Time Machine should be shipping in about two weeks. I will update the status page when I have a specific date. The books are now on hand though. Just prepping at this point.

I will pick up a small book to hold me off. LOL

Cook
03-10-2020, 05:39 AM
Nice upgrade Paul !!

Thanks, appreciate that. The slipcase isn’t covered in any skins. It’s paper and cloth. That hasn’t changed.

Got it..lol, my mistake I forgot, the "skins" are for Red Dragon. 8)

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 05:59 AM
Anyone got a shipping notice for Time Machine? Im pumped to read this one. I made a deal with myself when I started with Paul to read EVERY book he puts out. My least fav has been Hill House but the rest? HUGE fans of... I mean some are in my top favs now. Just finished Rosemary and loved it (watching movie now as well due to Pauls recommendation and it will be the oldest film I have ever watched. I have 35 mins left when I get home tonight). I have never read a Wells book so looking forward to reading the 4 Paul is doing. I should be done Gone Girl (WHICH I LOVE) in a few more days to a week and hoping that Time Machine is arriving in time to fill my bookless void. lol

I loved Hill House. But I loved Rosemary's Baby more. The last part of the book, the "falling action," was unexpectedly different than the rest of the book. It struck me a certain way that made it feel like two stories and I loved it. I felt like that is where I connected to the author most.

The last portion of the book . . .
felt like a dark comedy. An indictment of religion. The way Rosemary brushes off the cult as irrelevant as she accepts her child. How parenthood is greater than devil worship. Loved it!

I read The Time Machine--it was the only Wells I've ever read and it is something I refer to when I think of social class. It's been a while but I'm eager to read it again. As well as discover the other Wells books. I'm mostly intrigued by The Island of Doctor Moreau. The way everyone lobbied for it has me very curious.

Might I suggest you read:
The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker or Damnation Game by Barker if you're looking for something longer to fill the wait.
Or how about Kin by Kealan Patrick Burke (strong BROTHER vibes!)
Or Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe if you want something deep and heartbreaking.

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 06:04 AM

I loved Hill House. But I loved Rosemary's Baby more. The last part of the book, the "falling action," was unexpectedly different than the rest of the book. It struck me a certain way that made it feel like two stories and I loved it. I felt like that is where I connected to the author most.

The last portion of the book . . .
felt like a dark comedy. An indictment of religion. The way Rosemary brushes off the cult as irrelevant as she accepts her child. How parenthood is greater than devil worship. Loved it!

I read The Time Machine--it was the only Wells I've ever read and it is something I refer to when I think of social class. It's been a while but I'm eager to read it again. As well as discover the other Wells books. I'm mostly intrigued by The Island of Doctor Moreau. The way everyone lobbied for it has me very curious.

Might I suggest you read:
The Hellbound Heart by Clive Barker or Damnation Game by Barker if you're looking for something longer to fill the wait.
Or how about Kin by Kealan Patrick Burke (strong BROTHER vibes!)
Or Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe if you want something deep and heartbreaking.

Thanks man, I think I am going with Dark Advant AND then I will grab one of the ones after Time Machine you suggested as I have read Pauls next book out after that (legend).

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 06:06 AM
Thanks man, I think I am going with Dark Advant AND then I will grab one of the ones after Time Machine you suggested as I have read Pauls next book out after that (legend).

I've just finished my re-read of RED DRAGON and WOW! What a brilliant work!

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 06:54 AM
Got the email. Another outstanding move, Paul! I can't wait to get both editions! And The Time Machine before those! AND whatever you're announcing this week!

Garrell
03-10-2020, 07:05 AM
Winner winner Vampire dinner!!!!! Love the cover. Great job Paul.

shaq
03-10-2020, 07:11 AM
Great cover. What a tribute.

So glad I bought this one.

MikeDuke
03-10-2020, 07:12 AM
Just ordered the gift ed now. I was debating but that original cover is too cool.

Hunchback Jack
03-10-2020, 07:12 AM
Yes, a great cover for the IAL AGE. I ordered the giclée print as well.

I’ve also been reading the Suntup books as they’ve been announced, and haven’t yet read The Time Machine. Nor have I read the invisible man; I have read the war of the worlds many times. So some good books are in my future.

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 07:21 AM
I have a Suntup gift card I totally forgot I have!!! Anyone interested? I will sell it for $175:) Save yourself a couple bucks

Cook
03-10-2020, 07:35 AM
I have a Suntup gift card I totally forgot I have!!! Anyone interested? I will sell it for $175:) Save yourself a couple bucks

What the gift card worth ?

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 07:35 AM

SOLD

shaq
03-10-2020, 07:38 AM

SOLD

Damn. Missed it

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 07:50 AM

SOLD

Damn. Missed it

It was $197. Sorry! Thought I said that.

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 08:20 AM
Where's the video of the making of this book cover???

It was the first video upload ever rejected by YouTube for being "A Complete Waste of Time." I'm awfully proud. As my grandpappy always said, "if you can't be the best, be the absolute worst!" My grandpappy hated ambiguity.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-10-2020, 08:25 AM
So far, I only have 24 copies of I AM LEGEND, about 22 or so different editions.
I can't wait to get two more.
Alas, I will be missing the two lettered editions...maybe one of these days.

zelig
03-10-2020, 08:45 AM
So there's this known issue with the store calculating international shipping. All that shows up is FedEx at an incredibly high rate. We're looking into it.

zelig
03-10-2020, 10:22 AM
It's an issue with the USPS response time regarding international rates and their API. So no idea when that will be resolved, but in the meantime if you're outside the US and wish to order, I've set up a temporary flat rate.

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 10:56 AM
Well your updates and upgrades to I Am Legend have been so well-received that someone already wrote a review for the AGE of IAL. I agree with BOB 100%!

EDIT:
Here's Bob's review:

Bob
OH YEAH
Can't wait for this edition to grace my bookshelf! Currently only have 1 Suntup book (Rosemary's Baby) and it's beautiful. So happy to have found this site

MikeDuke
03-10-2020, 11:33 AM
This is the first GE I bought along with the limited. The only other GE I have is Misery and I bought that after market. I may try and get the GE as well as the limited at the same time.

MikeDuke
03-10-2020, 12:21 PM
35 GE left. Boy howdy did that change get people off the sidelines (including me :)). And 7 limited ones left.

Hunchback Jack
03-10-2020, 12:31 PM
This is the first GE I bought along with the limited. The only other GE I have is Misery and I bought that after market. I may try and get the GE as well as the limited at the same time.

If you can stretch to get one, Mike, I'd highly recommend the RB AGE. I know, all Suntup books are nice, and you have to have collecting priorities, but that AGE in particular is stunning, in my opinion.

HBJ

NiceM
03-10-2020, 12:37 PM

If you can stretch to get one, Mike, I'd highly recommend the RB AGE. I know, all Suntup books are nice, and you have to have collecting priorities, but that AGE in particular is stunning, in my opinion.

HBJ

I have all AGE's and to be honest I can not pick my favorite. They are all uniquely the most beautiful in their own way. Hard pressed I'd have to go for Horns, probably because I love that art the most until now

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Rosemary's Baby is my favorite. But Misery is something special!

MikeDuke
03-10-2020, 12:51 PM

HBJ
Oh, it's on my list also Peter. I will get one off of eBay at some point. I just need to focus on the now. And right now I just bought the IAL one. Plus we have the new books coming out on Thursday so I will probably get that one as well.
It will just take me some time that's all.

willie3
03-10-2020, 01:35 PM
It may have already been stated up thread, but Suntup’s AGE are better than 90% of the S/L releases from other publishers.

Brian861
03-10-2020, 01:42 PM
What will be the going rate for The Time Machine aftermarket?

Brian861
03-10-2020, 01:44 PM
It may have already been stated up thread, but Suntup’s AGE are better than 90% of the S/L releases from other publishers.

And the value can't be matched for what you're playing for.

Edit: Paying, not playing :lol:

lotuz
03-10-2020, 02:31 PM

Agree 100%.

I wrote this literally last week to a collector that I sold some GRRM books to - he had heard of Suntup Editions but had not yet bought any:

"I would definitely recommend checking out a Suntup Edition at some point! It'll be hard though... Once you get one book in your hands you'll definitely want to find more of them :). Most of them seem to hold their prices pretty well; I'd say that you could find about half of the books for somewhere right around their list price, and the other half you'd have to pay a markup. A note on the quality: their "Artist Gift Editions" (a few of which are still available for I am Legend and Red Dragon) are about the quality of a standard limited edition from most other small presses. Their limited editions are about the quality of a regular lettered edition, and their lettered editions are absolutely out of this world."

EDIT:

I'm also very much looking forward to the next announcement! Were there any hints dropped previously? I don't recall...

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 02:49 PM
What will be the going rate for The Time Machine aftermarket?

Issue right out the gate I’m betting.

Noxus35
03-10-2020, 03:06 PM
I'm also very much looking forward to the next announcement! Were there any hints dropped previously? I don't recall...

Yes, as i recall it correctly it would be this but i could've mistaken it for a hint..
" There is something green on the horizon."

Now that could be hinting to Christine ; While nearly choking to death on a hamburger , Leigh notices that (at least to her) Christine's dashboard lights seemed to become glaring green eyes

From Leigh's point of view that would be something green on the horizon. 😉

Although, that's just a wild guess from me. 🤭

Room 217 Caretaker
03-10-2020, 03:15 PM
Or could be an announcement on St. Patrick's Day....ye little leprechaun.

Mulleins

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 03:19 PM
Here’s what Paul previously stated about the March release:

A true classic, this novel is a visionary work by one of the most important authors of the 20th century. In addition to the author’s name being a very familiar one, you may also recognize the artist we have commissioned for the Artist Gift edition jacket as he has previously had his work featured in The Covers Collection. The edition will be available in three states: Lettered, Numbered, and Artist Gift Edition. The editions include an introduction by a New York Times bestselling author who has signed both the Lettered and Numbered editions.

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 03:30 PM
Here’s what Paul previously stated about the March release:

A true classic, this novel is a visionary work by one of the most important authors of the 20th century. In addition to the author’s name being a very familiar one, you may also recognize the artist we have commissioned for the Artist Gift edition jacket as he has previously had his work featured in The Covers Collection. The edition will be available in three states: Lettered, Numbered, and Artist Gift Edition. The editions include an introduction by a New York Times bestselling author who has signed both the Lettered and Numbered editions.

I have a VERY strong feeling we are all going to be blown away:)

MikeDuke
03-10-2020, 03:33 PM
Yep. That's right Jeff. I figured it would be an author that has passed on with the phrase true classic. Of course I could be wrong. I hope it is the author I am thinking about but I am sure it will be a fine addition regardless.
Thursday can't get here fast enough.
And I agree with the quality of the gift ed. Misery is just fantastic. If you put it side by side with many other numbered, without knowing which was which, I am sure that Misery would rank
high in quality.
And Kris, I agree %100 :biggrin:.

Hunchback Jack
03-10-2020, 04:11 PM
I agree, Mike, likely an author that has passed, but the phrase, "a visionary work by one of the most important authors of the 20th century" sounds pretty exciting regardless. I wonder which genre ...

HBJ

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 04:17 PM
My guesses stand:
Fahrenheit 451

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 04:25 PM
My guesses stand:
Fahrenheit 451

Though Fahrenheit 451 has been done. A lot.

webstar1000
03-10-2020, 04:25 PM
My guesses stand:
Fahrenheit 451

Interesting choices!

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 04:28 PM
My guesses stand:
Fahrenheit 451

Though I’d be thrilled if that was it!

Hunchback Jack
03-10-2020, 04:37 PM
Nineteen Eighty-Four would be extraordinary. A timeless novel, and a must-read.

Room 217 Caretaker
03-10-2020, 05:28 PM
I think its Harry Harrison's novel "Make Room Make Room" that eventually was made into the movie........ "Soylent Green"

Mulleins

Abra Stone
03-10-2020, 07:15 PM
I'm probably way off, but to me it sounds like it could be The Great Gatsby!

lotuz
03-10-2020, 07:23 PM
My guesses stand:
Fahrenheit 451

Both eminently worthy books!

I'm sure that 1984 has been done, but I struggle to remember by whom so it couldn't have been that great.

Fahrenheit 451 has had a number of iterations, most recently the very neat heat-sensitive edition from SuperTerrain, but it's such a good and important book that I'd buy a version from every publisher that would publish it. And would be very curious what a Suntup take would look like!

Admittedly, you've gotten my brain stuck on those two books now, so I'm having a hard time thinking of another guess based on that info, but certainly a number of other authors/books could be described that way. I think a good clue is that it's from "one of the most important authors of the 20th Century", which suggests a high profile author with a well-known body of work. So probably not a one-hit-wonder.

And there's still the artist to consider!

And the NYT bestselling author who is providing the introduction!

:panic::panic::panic:

jeffingoff
03-10-2020, 07:33 PM
Like you I’m excited for every aspect of this announcement—the introducer, artist, and book itself. And like you, I’d be happy to see another edition of F451. But I’d welcome any book Paul wants to do even if it’s been done before. I know that’s not an opinion everyone shares, but Paul and Becca bring so much more to the work. It’s always unique and worth discovering.

Hunchback Jack
03-10-2020, 07:40 PM
Incidentally, there’s a whole thing about whether you should spell the title Of Orwell’s novel as “1984” or “Nineteen Eighty-Four”.

Personally, I prefer the latter version, as it appears that is what Orwell used himself when referring to the book. But, if Paul did a version titled “1984” I would still buy it. :)

lotuz
03-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Incidentally, there’s a whole thing about whether you should spell the title Of Orwell’s novel as “1984” or “Nineteen Eighty-Four”.

Personally, I prefer the latter version, as it appears that is what Orwell used himself when referring to the book. But, if Paul did a version titled “1984” I would still buy it. :)

Oh man 1984 is so much easier to type!

But he could even do a version titled "1Q84" I wouldn't mind in the slightest :D

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-10-2020, 07:49 PM
9 teen ate tee for

Garrell
03-10-2020, 08:26 PM
Soy lent

shaq
03-10-2020, 08:34 PM
Just had a thought.

Exorcist.

Now I know it’s been done many times, but a Suntup version would knock spots off anything.

WeDealInLead
03-10-2020, 08:35 PM

Oh man 1984 is so much easier to type!

But he could even do a version titled "1Q84" I wouldn't mind in the slightest :D

Murakami?

webstar1000
03-11-2020, 02:12 AM
Who could be the big artist? That’s what I keep looking at:)

shaq
03-11-2020, 02:48 AM

You know or hope??

webstar1000
03-11-2020, 02:59 AM

You know or hope??

Oh I have many artists I love and am hopeful for!

shaq
03-11-2020, 03:42 AM
Yes but to quote the original highlander...

There can be only one!!!

Personallydontmind as Mr S has delivered constantly.

St. Troy
03-11-2020, 08:40 AM
1984 makes sense, but a little voice in my head keeps whispering Vonnegut...

MikeDuke
03-11-2020, 08:50 AM
I am hoping for Vonnegut myself.

jeffingoff
03-11-2020, 09:09 AM
I was told time and time again to read Slaughterhouse-Five. If Paul publishes that, then I'll listen.

Hunchback Jack
03-11-2020, 09:21 AM
Heller's Catch-22 wouldn't be bad either. For some reason I associate it with Slaughterhouse 5; I read them both around the same time, and they touch on similar themes.

HBJ

MikeDuke
03-11-2020, 09:25 AM
I would take Catch-22 as well. I have to admit that I have not read either of them, but I will read them eventually.

zelig
03-11-2020, 09:37 AM
I just got a drafting chair for my standing desk. Works so well!

jeffingoff
03-11-2020, 09:42 AM

Ok so this is confirmation. 1984, people.

MikeDuke
03-11-2020, 09:55 AM

No problem with that one either. But I do think the other two deserve the treatment as well. In fact, a few KV books probably deserve the treatment.

zelig
03-11-2020, 10:03 AM

That was just a general, unrelated comment. I bought a standing desk, and then a chair so I can sit at it then realized that really defeats the purpose.

jeffingoff
03-11-2020, 10:05 AM

That was just a general, unrelated comment. I bought a standing desk, and then a chair so I can sit at it then realized that really defeats the purpose.

Oh. Saying "Works so well" really fast can make it sound like Orwell especially if you're given to exaggeration and paranoia the way I may be.

Well then. I guess I'll wait to see tomorrow.

shaq
03-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Tomorrow, tomorrow, we love you, tomorrow!!!

Always wanted to say that!!

jeffingoff
03-11-2020, 10:10 AM
Tomorrow, tomorrow, we love you, tomorrow!!!

Always wanted to say that!!

UNLESS it's a King book. Then my wait will be longer. And my anxiety higher.

jeffingoff
03-11-2020, 10:11 AM

A little voice inside my head says don't look back, you can never look back.

Patrick
03-11-2020, 11:31 AM
Orwell, Vonnegut, Heller. All would be great choices! Especially Vonnegut as he’s a personal favorite. Looking forward to whatever tomorrow may bring!

Stockerlone
03-11-2020, 12:04 PM
My guesses stand:
Fahrenheit 451

Though I’d be thrilled if that was it!

sci-fi ....maybe:
stanislav lem - soilaris
robert a heinlein - tunnel in the sky
p k dick -The Man in the High Castle

Noxus35
03-11-2020, 12:18 PM
Personally i would love to see A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs getting a Suntup treatment but that's just wishful thinking on my end. 🤞🏻

Aremag
03-11-2020, 01:19 PM
Personally i would love to see A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs getting a Suntup treatment but that's just wishful thinking on my end. 🤞🏻

That would be fantastic.

Room 217 Caretaker
03-11-2020, 01:24 PM
Paul

When this is all said and done, can we get back to work on the Suntup treatment of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown?

I've been waiting a while for the release. Is it close?

Mulleins

amd013
03-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Paul

When this is all said and done, can we get back to work on the Suntup treatment of It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown?

Mulleins

Linus and I are pretty sure this is the year.

zelig
03-11-2020, 01:53 PM
Paul

Mulleins

I have them on hand. Just waiting for Halloween to release them.

jeffingoff
03-11-2020, 01:57 PM
Paul

Mulleins

Good grief.

Room 217 Caretaker
03-11-2020, 01:57 PM

Oh. Saying "Works so well" really fast can make it sound like Orwell especially if you're given to exaggeration and paranoia the way I may be.

Well then. I guess I'll wait to see tomorrow.

Paul

Mulleins

I will begin the countdown....hahahaha.

Mulleins

Ben Mears
03-11-2020, 04:59 PM
Paul

Mulleins

It will be released a few months after, hopefully, The Complete Tales Of Winnie The Pooh.

Noxus35
03-11-2020, 09:00 PM

That would be fantastic.

My thoughts exactly, one can only hope. 😉

kingfan2323
03-11-2020, 09:12 PM
Thanks to Suntup I just finished The Time Machine and Hill House and I am Legend before that. Is the expression "they don't make 'em like they used to" appropriate here? Absolutely beautiful writing. Just a feeling throughout that the authors simply loved the written word and economic sentence structure.

Horns, RB, The War of the Worlds, and The Invisible Man next! Maybe crack a gift edition?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

webstar1000
03-12-2020, 07:42 AM
Has preorder gone out yet? I have people asking me and I don’t know lol

jeffingoff
03-12-2020, 07:43 AM
Has preorder gone out yet? I have people asking me and I don’t know lol

I think it’ll be 15 minutes.

MikeDuke
03-12-2020, 07:48 AM
9 am on the west cost. 12:00 on the east coast. So 12 min now.

Lookwhoitis
03-12-2020, 08:06 AM
oh my...

Garrell
Payment option no longer available? Never mind, figured it out.
And ordered.

Aremag
I bought an AGE...I need to think about the numbered over the next day or so.

Edit. I'm leaning towards it....does anyone know when the next announcement is supposed to be? I'm wondering about potentially overlapping payments.

webstar1000
03-12-2020, 08:08 AM
Wowowowowoowowowowoowwo

Raenas
03-12-2020, 08:20 AM
Gorgeous:wub:

Hunchback Jack
03-12-2020, 08:27 AM
Ordered and ordered. Numbered + AGE.

And wow. So cool. Every edition has something unique to offer.

Lookwhoitis
03-12-2020, 08:29 AM
book looks awesome, however I am seriously questioning ordering a $600 book in the middle of a Global pandemic when all my work has been cancelled. especially since the order payment overlap with the Red Dragon time payment which is still due 3 days after this new one would be.

amd013
03-12-2020, 08:41 AM
Dammit Paul, I was really hoping to jump off the train and save some money, but looks like this is not the book to jump off of! (yeah, I know you aren't supposed to end a sentence with a preposition :wink:)

I guess its better you did this book now, before I jumped off.

cit74
03-12-2020, 08:42 AM
book looks awesome, however I am seriously questioning ordering a $600 book in the middle of a Global pandemic when all my work has been cancelled. especially since the order payment overlap with the Red Dragon time payment which is still due 3 days after this new one would be.

but what else are we all to do on home quarantine....biut to sit at home and read our books with our kids :)

ICry4Oy
03-12-2020, 08:51 AM
I guess I wasn't entirely kidding. This just arrived. Let's see what we can do with it for Dragon Rebound.

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/IMG_7908.jpg

The very thought of this still brings tears to my old eyes :wub:

WeDealInLead
03-12-2020, 08:55 AM
Maybe I just can't operate technology but I'm not seeing anything new on the website.

stroppygoblin
03-12-2020, 09:00 AM
This is the Children's book that I hold dear above all others. I used to get this from the Library at least once a month.

https://pictures.abebooks.com/GUYWELLER/md/md30510719802.jpg

"I thought you were the Weather Man", said Milo, very confused. "Oh no!" said the Whether Man. "I'm the Whether Man, not the Weather Man, for after all it is more important to know whether there will be weather than what the weather will be." And with that he let off a stream of gaily coloured balloons...

stroppygoblin
03-12-2020, 09:04 AM
Maybe I just can't operate technology but I'm not seeing anything new on the website.

If you are not an owner of the previous lettered or numbered edition, you cant access this yet.

amd013
03-12-2020, 09:05 AM

You need to follow a link from an email sent to those who ordered Red Dragon.

WeDealInLead
03-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Ah, OK. Thanks.

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-12-2020, 09:08 AM
Simon, THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH is the first book I can remember reading back in grade school when we were all given library cards and made a field trip to the branch nearest us. I think that's the book that started my love of books and reading!
Great minds think alike!

zelig
03-12-2020, 09:15 AM
This is the Children's book that I hold dear above all others. I used to get this from the Library at least once a month.

"I thought you were the Weather Man", said Milo, very confused. "Oh no!" said the Whether Man. "I'm the Whether Man, not the Weather Man, for after all it is more important to know whether there will be weather than what the weather will be." And with that he let off a stream of gaily coloured balloons...

Crazy that you posted this. I was reading something online a few days ago where some celebrity, I can't remember who now, said this is their favorite book. So I bought a copy to check it out and just received it a day or two ago. Seems like both the author and artist are still alive, in their 90s.

Lookwhoitis
03-12-2020, 09:20 AM

I also loved this one! :)

Hunchback Jack
03-12-2020, 09:30 AM

Strangely, I’ve never even heard of this book. it sounds fun from the quote.

I don’t remember much about my early childhood, but I do remember that Winnie the Pooh featured prominently in the reading material, first being read to by my older sister - who more or less taught me how to read, at preschool age - and later devoured the books cover to cover. My sister is probably a big reason why I still read today.

In other news, shipping notice from Suntup. The IAL print is on its way!

stroppygoblin
03-12-2020, 09:32 AM
Crazy that you posted this. I was reading something online a few days ago where some celebrity, I can't remember who now, said this is their favorite book. So I bought a copy to check it out and just received it a day or two ago. Seems like both the author and artist are still alive, in their 90s.

I know you're kinda busy right now, but trust me, take some time out and read this book. Some of the puns are terrible (as a 7 year old, they were the funniest things ever) but the extraordinary way the author exposes a young mind to the breadth of the english language is just phenomenal.

MikeDuke
03-12-2020, 09:33 AM
Dayum. Just had to order both on this one. Great choice Paul.

zelig
03-12-2020, 09:35 AM
I had also not heard of it. I'm reading it now... I was also a Winnie the Pooh kid. Remember reading the books.

Raenas
03-12-2020, 09:41 AM
I had also not heard of it. I'm reading it now... I was also a Winnie the Pooh kid. Remember reading the books.

First book I read on my own! Next was the Leatherstocking Tales by J. F. Cooper, so most children's novels were left unattended afterwards. Got into SK at 10 years old, first book was The Tommyknockers.

herbertwest
03-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Was an email sent or something?
I am guess to the lettered and limited edition buyers, as I didnt get anything

When wiill the public announcement be made?

stroppygoblin
03-12-2020, 09:51 AM

Sat 14th March 9:00am Pacific time

Hunchback Jack
03-12-2020, 09:59 AM

Also the Christopher Robin poetry books. This just popped into my head from 40-odd years ago (I may not have it quite right):

James James Morrison Morrison Weatherby George Dupree
Took great care of his mother
Though he was only three.
James James said to his mother,
“Mother,” he said, said he,
“You must never go down to the end of the town,
Unless you go down with me.”

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Munnecom
03-12-2020, 10:23 AM
This release continues the fine tradition of 1) being a book I’ve never read and 2) having absolutely mind-blowing art.

I hope the print that comes with the numbered and lettered editions is of that image with the two people and the *bleep* made out of *bleep* rising over the *bleep *.

Lastly, it seems to me this book also presents a fine opportunity for another paperweight.

zelig
03-12-2020, 10:38 AM

For future reference, there is a page on the website with all of the announcement details:

ANNOUNCEMENT SCHEDULE (http://bit.ly/2Q8GAtR)

cit74
03-12-2020, 11:04 AM

this sounds like you might be reaching out to some people....I bought an anniversary edition last year to read with my son - since I too had never read it

jeffingoff
03-12-2020, 11:27 AM
I was outside in the virus riddled world presenting to a university so I didn't have the chance to jump on this announcement or sound off until now. All I want to say is: Paul YOU BEAUTIFUL BEAST! Love everything about this release! It's like you're in my brain. How many dreams can Suntup Editions bring to life? All of them. ALL the dreams!

Lookwhoitis
03-12-2020, 11:28 AM

this sounds like you might be reaching out to some people....I bought an anniversary edition last year to read with my son - since I too had never read it

one can only hope! Count me in on this one as well. One of my absolute favorite books i read as a young-un and it would be incredible if we could get an author signed copy!

MikeDuke
03-12-2020, 12:05 PM
I was outside in the virus riddled world presenting to a university so I didn't have the chance to jump on this announcement or sound off until now. All I want to say is: Paul YOU BEAUTIFUL BEAST! Love everything about this release! It's like you're in my brain. How many dreams can Suntup Editions bring to life? All of them. ALL the dreams!
Right Jeff? It's going to be fantastic. It's amazing how Paul just keeps cranking them out.

zelig
03-12-2020, 12:41 PM
Right Jeff? It's going to be fantastic. It's amazing how Paul just keeps cranking them out.

That's because I'm a crank.

jeffingoff
03-12-2020, 01:10 PM

That's because I'm a crank.

Well, if the world's going out on the wings of COVID 19 (any King fans appreciate the nod to 19??), I'm glad you're bringing all this amazing art into it. And I'm thrilled to have witnessed and held these fantastic books. It means a lot to me personally. If I could travel back and talk to my 14 year-old self, I'd tell him, "Just hang on. Some day, there will be editions worthy of the love you feel for these books."

Noxus35
03-12-2020, 01:14 PM
I'm curious what the next book anouncement will be but i'm not sure if i'm going to pre-order it as the virus is causing a lot of issues over here. People are stocking up groceries like mad rabbits, many grocery stores are left empty.😲
And with a baby of just 4 weeks old it's better to stock up diapers and such. 😉

Whatever it will be i'm sure your next book will be a beauty Paul.

jeffingoff
03-12-2020, 01:21 PM
I'm curious what the next book anouncement will be but i'm not sure if i'm going to pre-order it as the virus is causing a lot of issues over here. People are stocking up groceries like mad rabbits, many grocery stores are left empty.😲

Yes it is a difficult time and there are obviously much greater priorities! I hope you and your family stay healthy and safe. Look after that little one. My hope is that by the time this book arrives this will all be a bad memory.

Noxus35
03-12-2020, 01:42 PM

Yes it is a difficult time and there are obviously much greater priorities! I hope you and your family stay healthy and safe. Look after that little one. My hope is that by the time this book arrives this will all be a bad memory.

Thanks, will do! 👍🏻
Crazy times over here, i live in the so called "corona capital" of the Netherlands and i really hope this will soon be over.
Went to do the groceries just a couple of hours ago. Everything was normal and the stores had a lot of stock but i just checked the local news and people were fighting in the stores over the last pack of toiletpaper.

It seems that the world's gone mad. 🤔

willie3
03-12-2020, 02:10 PM
With all the excitement over the newest release, I was looking at my two small Suntup book shelves and noticed I neglected to put THE first book released by Suntup with the others.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/thumbnail-6.jpeg

lotuz
03-12-2020, 02:33 PM
With all the excitement over the newest release, I was looking at my two small Suntup book shelves and noticed I neglected to put THE first book released by Suntup with the others.

Beautiful shelf!!

Also, anyone who has access to the teaser trailer, watch it to the very end! :lol:

jeffingoff
03-12-2020, 02:37 PM

Beautiful shelf!!

Also, anyone who has access to the teaser trailer, watch it to the very end! :lol:

LOVE it!

Hunchback Jack
03-12-2020, 02:46 PM

Beautiful shelf!!

LOVE it!

:D Perfect comedic timing as well.

Br!an
03-12-2020, 03:11 PM
Dammit Paul, I was really hoping to jump off the train and save some money, but looks like this is not the book to jump off of! (yeah, I know you aren't supposed to end a sentence with a preposition :wink:)

Actually, there is no formal rule which dictates that.

I'd much prefer you end on a preposition than torture a sentence to fit arbitrary rules.

Br!an
03-12-2020, 03:14 PM

Suntup edition in the making!

MikeDuke
03-12-2020, 03:41 PM
In case anybody is still on the fence, there are 9 IAL GE and 7 Limited ed left. I know it's tough with what's going on, but I have to keep up my count for people.

Lookwhoitis
03-12-2020, 04:17 PM
In case anybody is still on the fence, there are 9 IAL GE and 7 Limited ed left. I know it's tough with what's going on, but I have to keep up my count for people.

do you have a current tally for Red Dragon GE?

OldCrow88
03-12-2020, 04:22 PM
I have to say I REALLY like the artwork for this one. Perfect fit.

Brian861
03-12-2020, 11:07 PM

University 'ey? You recruiting for that cult again?

Great new release, Paul! Looks fantastic.

stroppygoblin
03-13-2020, 01:57 AM

Approx 50% sold

herbertwest
03-13-2020, 02:36 AM

For future reference, there is a page on the website with all of the announcement details:

ANNOUNCEMENT SCHEDULE (http://bit.ly/2Q8GAtR)

Thanks. I'll try to keep it in mind :)

MikeDuke
03-13-2020, 04:58 AM

137 as of now.

Munnecom
03-13-2020, 05:11 AM
I just realised that six of the eighteen books I have on preorder are Suntups. Life is good!

St. Troy
03-13-2020, 07:07 AM
Well, if the world's going out on the wings of COVID 19 (any King fans appreciate the nod to 19??)...

Somehow, I never noticed the 19 thing...that can't be a good sign.

St. Troy
03-13-2020, 08:51 AM
I just saw the Suntup teaser video. I have to say, even with these simple little videos, the production values are spot on. It would be easy for a small publisher to embarrass itself with something that came across cheesy, but these never do.

When I grow up, I want to work at Suntup.

tippy4
03-13-2020, 09:04 AM
At what temperature does paper burn?

webstar1000
03-13-2020, 09:05 AM

lol

somekindofstranger
03-13-2020, 09:14 AM
oh no! just realised this will go on sale 4pm uk time tomorrow, at which time I will be sat in a theatre with my kids watching Matilda the musical!
and if it is the book we all assume it is, I hope there are some limiteds left after an hour....

Brian861
03-13-2020, 09:15 AM
Love the ending of the trailer :rofl:

St. Troy
03-13-2020, 09:23 AM

That was great, exactly what I'd have done.

St. Troy
03-13-2020, 09:23 AM

My guess as well.

Brian861
03-13-2020, 09:30 AM
oh no! just realised this will go on sale 4pm uk time tomorrow, at which time I will be sat in a theatre with my kids watching Matilda the musical!
and if it is the book we all assume it is, I hope there are some limiteds left after an hour....

Surprised it hasn't be cancelled.

swintek
03-13-2020, 10:00 AM

Yes- that was perfect!

ICry4Oy
03-13-2020, 10:03 AM
Well, if the world's going out on the wings of COVID 19 (any King fans appreciate the nod to 19??)...

Somehow, I never noticed the 19 thing...that can't be a good sign.

Notice also the name of the company testing for a vaccine.

https://www.biospace.com/article/gilead-launches-2-phase-iii-trials-of-remdesivir-for-covid-19/
https://www.biospace.com/getasset/4c1c4a41-23c9-4dc2-a44e-2738a2298a4f/

Scoogs
03-13-2020, 10:13 AM
Hah, Gilead was a client for many years at my old job.
Every time I worked on one of their projects I had that thought.

A Suntup F451 would be nice.
I'm undecided about trying to get a copy though.
I already have at least three different limited editions of that book that are actually signed by Bradbury and there are several more that I don't have yet.

Beverly Marsh
03-13-2020, 11:53 AM
I realize there's a new book coming out tomorrow but I have to interject and say how happy I am with the prints. I didn't buy any for a long time because I'm getting out of the art portfolios and such but someone started it off with a gift and I finished it off to have my personal Top 5 King books in cover prints. The quality is stunning! Duh. :)

T-Dogz_AK47
03-13-2020, 12:31 PM

At 233°C which is approx 506.15 kelvin.

Joe315
03-13-2020, 01:02 PM

What is that in American?

jeffingoff
03-13-2020, 01:11 PM

Joe315
03-13-2020, 01:56 PM

http://i.imgur.com/HUy07Wt.gif

Lookwhoitis
03-13-2020, 05:14 PM
is anyone having problems reaching the order page with the access code?

I cant seem to log in.