PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Hunchback Jack
12-22-2019, 08:12 PM
One consideration I have when evaluating the desirability of a slipcase is whether the covering material of the book is durable enough to withstand multiple insertions and removals from the slipcase. You often see editions that haven't accounted for friction - books and dustjackets get frayed or crimped, or the surface of boards get scuffed, simply because the book wasn't designed to be put in a slipcase. Or if the boards of the book are bound in a few different materials, the "seam" where the materials meet gets damaged because it catches on the slipcase edge.

One advantage of traycases is that you can usually remove a book more easily without worrying too much about wear and tear on the edges of the book.

HBJ

MikeDuke
12-22-2019, 08:56 PM
I will admit that I have a number books that are in tray cases that can be stood upright, and I do like that design. Black House, Desperation, IT, just to name a few. Obviously removing the book is easier. Sometimes with a slipcase it takes a few tries (well at for me) to get the book back in the case. I manage of course but I just am extra careful with those. But I really haven't had any major issues. But if it is going to add a "significant" amount to the total pf the books, I am happy to stick with slip cases.

Hunchback Jack
12-22-2019, 09:09 PM
In other news ...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/80790669_10158053485791802_8852019711219597312_n.j pg

HBJ

MikeDuke
12-22-2019, 09:13 PM
Wow. It looks menacing just sitting there. If that was goal, mission accomplished. I can't wait until Friday.

Hunchback Jack
12-22-2019, 09:25 PM
I know I sound like a broken record saying this, but it's an outstanding edition. The walnut-dyed covers have this amazing texture and patina to them, and the worn look to the lettering is perfect. I haven't yet leafed through the whole book to take in everything. I'll do that soon, though.

(And yes, the slipcase is a nice touch, too :) )

HBJ

NiceM
12-22-2019, 11:55 PM
That's a great looking dog.

Thanks. He's a remarkable dog.

Beautiful dog indeed

Garrell
12-23-2019, 06:25 AM
Finally a pic:drool:

Brian861
12-23-2019, 08:24 AM
Mine arrived this morning!

jeffingoff
12-23-2019, 08:32 AM
I know I sound like a broken record saying this, but it's an outstanding edition. The walnut-dyed covers have this amazing texture and patina to them, and the worn look to the lettering is perfect. I haven't yet leafed through the whole book to take in everything. I'll do that soon, though.

(And yes, the slipcase is a nice touch, too :) )

HBJ

Love the pic and the ones posted on FB! I can’t wait for mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffingoff
12-23-2019, 08:33 AM
I know why I didn't get the package. My dog scared off the mailman.

I have four packages being delivered today. Informed Delivery states "Animal Interference" as the reason the packages weren't delivered.

It looks like he's spending the afternoon indoors.

No way! It said that??

It says "Delivery Date Unknown" and "Alert - Delivery Exception, Animal Interference."
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:22 am

How big is your dog?:eek:

25 pounds. He looks bigger because of the fur. He's a good watch dog. A bit too good perhaps. :orely:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Lucky31.JPG

Adorable ferocious beast!

Ben Mears
12-23-2019, 09:56 AM
In other news ...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/80790669_10158053485791802_8852019711219597312_n.j pg

HBJ

Very nice. As with many of the incredible books Paul is publishing I wish I cared enough about the author and story to justify acquiring a copy.

webstar1000
12-23-2019, 10:17 AM
In other news ...

HBJ

Very nice. As with many of the incredible books Paul is publishing I wish I cared enough about the author and story to justify acquiring a copy.

Did you read it?

jsweet
12-23-2019, 10:23 AM
Horns by Joe Hill, Signed/Limited, new, with Limited Promotional Art Kit "swag"
Shipped in original Suntup packaging and padding
$700 PayPal F&F including shipping in the U.S.

lotuz
12-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Did you read it?

Kris, I think you and I are a pair of broken records on this because I am forever telling anyone who is remotely curious to read this book!

This was the first Suntup release of a book that I had not read before, and immediately after the announcement I ordered it based purely on the fact that if Paul chose to do it, I was interested in reading it. I think by then you had commented that it was one of your favorite reads of the year.

It lasted less than 24 hours from cover to cover because I simply could not put it down. I think I first heard of the word "unputdownable" from when King blurbed some other author back in the day, and I will say that this is one of the most unputdownable books I've ever purchased.

webstar1000
12-23-2019, 12:20 PM
Did you read it?

Kris, I think you and I are a pair of broken records on this because I am forever telling anyone who is remotely curious to read this book!

This was the first Suntup release of a book that I had not read before, and immediately after the announcement I ordered it based purely on the fact that if Paul chose to do it, I was interested in reading it. I think by then you had commented that it was one of your favorite reads of the year.

It lasted less than 24 hours from cover to cover because I simply could not put it down. I think I first heard of the word "unputdownable" from when King blurbed some other author back in the day, and I will say that this is one of the most unputdownable books I've ever purchased.

Agreed. I have to ask because if you did not read this book... you are missing out.

Brian861
12-23-2019, 12:35 PM
Agreed. I have to ask because if you did not read this book... you are missing out.

You aren't missing much :rofl:

webstar1000
12-23-2019, 12:36 PM

You’re literally the only person I have ever heard said that so I’m going to have to disagree as many others will too

FlyerPhan0826
12-23-2019, 12:57 PM
Did you read it?

It lasted less than 24 hours from cover to cover because I simply could not put it down. I think I first heard of the word "unputdownable" from when King blurbed some other author back in the day, and I will say that this is one of the most unputdownable books I've ever purchased.Couldn't agree more! Can't wait until mine shows up Friday as a late xmas gift.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ben Mears
12-23-2019, 01:40 PM
In other news ...

HBJ

Did you read it?

Yes. I've read all of the books Paul has published to date.

webstar1000
12-23-2019, 01:43 PM
In other news ...

HBJ

Did you read it?

Yes.

And didn’t like it?

Ben Mears
12-23-2019, 01:56 PM
In other news ...

HBJ

Did you read it?

Yes.

And didn’t like it?

I thought it was OK as was another of her books I've read, The Devil Crept In. Whether a CD, PS Publishing or Sub Press publication, or higher end publisher such as Suntup or Centipede, if the story itself doesn't resonate or stay with me long after I've finished, it is hard to justify purchasing a limited edition just for the aesthetics. It would be like purchasing a beautiful painting for the sake of its beauty, rather than the passion it invokes. That said, of all the Suntup releases to date I was most tempted by the design of and materials used on Brother. It is an impressive publishing accomplishment.

kingfan2323
12-23-2019, 02:46 PM
This may seem weird but I enjoyed Brother and like collecting these partially because I view Suntup books as following Paul's journey in publishing and in life. Brother is part of that journey. Poorly worded comment perhaps but maybe some collectors get it?

Felt that with Brother and The Road specifically.

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)

Hunchback Jack
12-23-2019, 03:00 PM
What I appreciated about Brother was the authors ability to create an environment for their characters which was, on the face of it, extreme and very unlikely, but she made me believe it. She also made believable that characters living in this environment at home, could exist in the outside world appearing as more or less regular people.

And throughout, there’s this feeling that this tension between these two worlds cannot endure. It’s going to end, and the suspense comes from not knowing how it will end.

I liked it, and would recommend it. It’s not a masterpiece, but it was a surprisingly good read. I’m glad that Suntup published it, otherwise I would probably never have known about it.

HBJ

lotuz
12-23-2019, 04:22 PM
While I definitely found Brother a page-turner, for a lot of the same reasons that HBJ very aptly describes, I get that tastes vary. And speaking of various tastes, I can't help but bring up the latest Suntup announcement!

So... the second book that Paul is releasing that I have not read is The Bridges of Madison County.

I've definitely heard of it before (due in large part to the movie, I assume), but it's never really been on my radar as a book to hunt down and read. Given its newly found status in the Suntup canon, I've moved it up on my reading list. I'm... cautiously optimistic? I can definitely say that if it wasn't going to be a Suntup release I probably never would have planned to read it. But maybe I'll love it? Maybe I won't?? I wouldn't consider myself a fan of "romances", per se, but there are an awful lot of good books that have romantic elements, or center around romantic relationships, so I'm definitely not going to write a book off just because of those.

I will say that I was definitely thrown for a loop here. In a great way! There are two publishers other than Suntup Editions who I take their mark as the sign of a good book. The first is Centipede Press. If Jerad is willing to publish it, I'm willing to give it a shot. And in all the books that I've read because of that, I've only had one book that I just did not like (The Well, by Jack Cady). The other is the New York Review of Books. They have published so so so many more, and so there's a whole lot I haven't read, but their hit rate is really high! And the books are very wide-ranging in their material. Lots of genre fiction, some classics, a lot of great foreign translations that I never would have heard of otherwise. I think it's really cool that SE is branching out. While I of course hope that Paul continues with horror/dystopian/sci-fi stuff - I like the idea of jumping off to other areas. Maybe not as a focus (I can't image an SE that doesn't publish horror), but as something different now and then.

Would be curious if anyone has read or has an opinion about Bridges...

kingfan2323
12-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Bridges is not a great read or writing, rings a little bit amateurish, AND one of the biggest phenomenon in the history of publishing. Crazy how big it became. Brave as hell pick by Paul too.

Randall Flagg
12-23-2019, 04:54 PM
It may be sacrilege, but I thought "Brother" was/is a fair story 3/6 beers on the RFSRS (Randall Flagg six pack rating system). Though it was a quick and compelling read, in my mind it had no redeeming qualities.

Br!an
12-23-2019, 05:07 PM
I read a chapter of Bridges. Enough said.

lotuz
12-23-2019, 06:25 PM
It may be sacrilege, but I thought "Brother" was/is a fair story 3/6 beers on the RFSRS (Randall Flagg six pack rating system). Though it was a quick and compelling read, in my mind it had no redeeming qualities.

"Compelling" gets a lot of mileage from me these days. It's definitely not an indicator of "quality" - I find the Jack Reacher books utterly compelling but not of particularly high quality - but for a book to totally pull me out of the real world and make me want to skip work and sleep in order to finish it, that's not so common for me now.

So definitely not a lot of love so far for Bridges! Will be curious as more people chime in. Looking at reviews, I see that the film is particularly well reviewed (7.6 on IMDB, 90% on Rotten Tomatoes, 3.5/4 stars from Ebert) but I don't see as many book reviews - just a lot of mentions that it is a best-seller, which is in and of itself a meta-review, of sorts.

Brian861
12-24-2019, 12:04 AM

You’re literally the only person I have ever heard said that so I’m going to have to disagree as many others will too

It is to me like Doctor Sleep is for you. I found it extremely predictable. I love the quality of Paul's production so not knocking that at all. It's not the first book I owned that I didn't care for and certainly won't be the last.

webstar1000
12-24-2019, 04:17 AM

It is to me like Doctor Sleep is for you. I found it extremely predictable. I love the quality of Paul's production so not knocking that at all. It's not the first book I owned that I didn't care for and certainly won't be the last.

Oh I agree we all have diff opinions... but I have heard many not like Doctor Sleep... and pretty much only you have the hate for Brother. Oh well! Not a big deal but I would not keep anyone from reading it and forming an opinion for themselves.

Patrick
12-24-2019, 09:11 AM
Paul is in California.
I am in California.
My shipment is in Des Moines, Iowa.
Go figure.

sullichin
12-24-2019, 09:19 AM
Brother arrived! Still have to read it...

Brian861
12-24-2019, 11:35 AM

Oh I agree we all have diff opinions... but I have heard many not like Doctor Sleep... and pretty much only you have the hate for Brother. Oh well! Not a big deal but I would not keep anyone from reading it and forming an opinion for themselves.

Hate is a strong word, just didn't care for it. Definitely agree that everyone should read books, any book and form their own opinions. I think we've :deadhorse: this enough.

Let's focus on why we're really here. To appreciate and praise Paul and company for the amazing job they are doing. Brother is another great production and as with any Suntup, has to be held to be appreciated.

Now, who wants to trade me their Horns for it :D

RichardX
12-24-2019, 06:22 PM
I read both Brother and Within These Walls. Both are sort of middling horror novels. Not great and not horrible. Brother reads a lot like several horror movies including Texas Chainsaw and Devil's Rejects. With that said, I give Suntup credit for straying outside the box. A great production even if the underlying book is somewhat lacking. I would like to see a few more of these releases that promote lesser known authors and books.

Brian861
12-26-2019, 11:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8oba-8I1Ao&feature=em-uploademail

kingfan2323
12-26-2019, 01:08 PM
I read both Brother and Within These Walls. Both are sort of middling horror novels. Not great and not horrible. Brother reads a lot like several horror movies including Texas Chainsaw and Devil's Rejects. With that said, I give Suntup credit for straying outside the box. A great production even if the underlying book is somewhat lacking. I would like to see a few more of these releases that promote lesser known authors and books.Ania actually mentions the movie she credits with the inspiration for her book in the acknowledgements. Watched it last night. Chained directed by Jennifer Lynch (yes, THAT Lynch). Was clearly an influence. Vincent D'Onofrio is fantastically creepy as hell. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191226/cda579810d95005ed51a833cbde5f11a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191226/a411b790717821519766408ba539a02b.jpg

CyberGhostface
12-26-2019, 02:33 PM
I really liked 'Brother' and probably would have never read it if not for Suntup. I have a three month Kindle unlimited membership and checked out another book by Ania Ahlborn called "If You See Her" but it wasn't as good IMO.

People here mentioning 'The Devil's Rejects' and 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' here is also one of the reasons why I decided to give it a shot lol as I like those kinds of movies.

Kongo
12-26-2019, 02:51 PM
I really liked 'Brother' and probably would have never read it if not for Suntup. I have a three month Kindle unlimited membership and checked out another book by Ania Ahlborn called "If You See Her" but it wasn't as good IMO.

People here mentioning 'The Devil's Rejects' and 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre' here is also one of the reasons why I decided to give it a shot lol as I like those kinds of movies.

Brother genuinely surprised me. I'm normally not caught off guard when it comes to "twists", but Brother got me. I also recommend Seed. It's a quick read and pretty good

Hunchback Jack
12-26-2019, 03:20 PM
Seed is my next Alborn to read. I bought it on Kindle and audio.

herbertwest
12-27-2019, 01:37 AM
SPAM
Reported to the admins

Patrick
12-28-2019, 10:53 AM
After it’s California-to-California-via-Iowa postal tour, my copy of BROTHER arrived this morning. Man, is it beautiful. Like we all know, you can look at photos, but you don’t get the real experience until you see it in person. I absolutely love the cover design and materials, and everything else about this edition. Thank you, Team Suntup!

MikeDuke
12-28-2019, 11:27 AM
Brother sure is a great production. I love the look and feel of the book. To me, the look and feel sort of give you a feeling that you are going
to read something in-nerving. And I like that synergy.

firemonkey66
12-28-2019, 01:56 PM
Some pics of the lettered and numbered Brother. Both fine productions. The words that come to mind when holding the lettered are earthy and dense; a very cool edition. The boards have a stony, heavy quality to them.

https://i.postimg.cc/C5HrLLsn/DCB8-F31-A-546-D-4-C08-BB71-8181579-ACA66.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bNgV7rvK/04-E6-FC03-7757-4621-B7-E8-6240-F1-BD2164.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/G3k5jqn3/70-CB803-A-EC9-A-4-B8-B-A197-C1-B46145228-A.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Nj0CBt9L/1200-F9-FF-2562-44-ED-B56-E-978-F3-B4-A45-D4.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/GhdSgGbF/E4-A44313-03-EA-4-F7-E-B1-C0-889-F77-E5384-A.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/C186X4ZN/6-DCA998-B-068-D-49-ED-9-B30-3-BB2-EB2-A5917.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/VNdhBwm2/34141366-C2-F2-4896-A2-D2-B3-C9458-D724-F.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/FzQn4J3Q/7-A49154-B-6-FDC-48-B1-98-D4-2960-F9-C8-C860.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Pq9RS7qJ/FFCA4197-394-B-45-C5-97-C9-B618-E4-BFA14-F.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/bw6MtrcQ/852-AA68-D-7-D56-4330-90-AD-2-A88-ADD31599.jpg

kingfan2323
12-28-2019, 02:41 PM
So cool. Thank you so much for the pics. Beautiful creative photography as well.

Hunchback Jack
12-28-2019, 03:09 PM
Wow, that lettered edition looks amazing! I was expecting the cover to be similar to the Dark half dragon rebound edition, but it looks very different to that.

Congratulations, and what amazing photos!

Randall Flagg
12-28-2019, 04:53 PM
Stunning production, and great pics.
Congratulations.

Garrell
12-28-2019, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the great photos and opportunity to see the lettered

Patrick
12-29-2019, 09:45 AM
Great photos! That Lettered edition is stunning.

PennyUnwise
12-29-2019, 09:52 AM
[Double Post]

PennyUnwise
12-29-2019, 09:53 AM
That looks great! Must say though, feel bad for the person on eBay paying over $350 for the numbered when they are still available on the site in abundance.

NiceM
12-29-2019, 10:11 AM
Ugh, now waiting for mine stuck in customs is even more agonizing :) THANKS for those beautiful pictures

NiceM
12-29-2019, 10:13 AM
That looks great! Must say though, feel bad for the person on eBay paying over $350 for the numbered when they are still available on the site in abundance.
I always feel I should call people out on that, but then I always end up thinking that any self respecting collector / buyer checks the original publisher first before buying on second market... I guess this will be an eternal internal struggle for me ...

Joe315
12-29-2019, 10:22 AM
I always feel I should call people out on that, but then I always end up thinking that any self respecting collector / buyer checks the original publisher first before buying on second market... I guess this will be an eternal internal struggle for me ...

The onus is on the buyer. Always do your research before buying.

NiceM
12-29-2019, 10:38 AM

The onus is on the buyer. Always do your research before buying.

I guess... but the gullible, the impulsive and the unknowing need some form of protection no?:)

Joe315
12-29-2019, 11:36 AM
Sure. There are return policies and fraud protection. But of the seller isn’t doing anything illegal and they find someone that is willing to spend more good on them. Look at very fine books. They have buyers that pay well over market and are very willing to do so.

Hunchback Jack
12-29-2019, 11:46 AM
I tend to agree, but I also think “caveat emptor” has limits. I think the seller is responsible for the accuracy of the listing, including whether something is signed and by whom, what number it is, any condition problems, etc. In short, they need to be honest and complete about what they are selling. But, given that, a seller can list an item for whatever price they want.

In this case I don’t think the seller is doing anything wrong.

jeffingoff
12-29-2019, 11:46 AM
Yeah it’s one thing to see the people pay way more than they need to. But I would also much rather see Paul get the sales. Maybe the buyers on eBay are gunning for a real number below 250, knowing they can’t match anything over 250.

PennyUnwise
12-29-2019, 12:24 PM
Yeah it’s one thing to see the people pay way more than they need to. But I would also much rather see Paul get the sales. Maybe the buyers on eBay are gunning for a real number below 250, knowing they can’t match anything over 250.

Yeah its a bummer the publisher is missing on the sale. Copy going for over $350 is #208 too. And I agree the seller isn't doing anything wrong, just feel bad for buyer/publisher.

jeffingoff
12-29-2019, 12:28 PM

Yeah its a bummer the publisher is missing on the sale. Copy going for over $350 is #208 too.

Yeah. And if the buyer is hunting a real number then they can request 208 in the next numbered offered for sale and hope to begin a matching set of Suntups. Otherwise it makes no sense to pay $80 more for a book Paul could send brand new.

But caveat emptor and all that. It’s still fun to watch that secondary.

webstar1000
12-29-2019, 12:29 PM
Isn’t 208 Kingfan2323 here??!

webstar1000
12-29-2019, 12:31 PM

It is him. Kind of a shitty thing to not disclose.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-29-2019, 12:43 PM
I admit I don't watch the Suntup videos or follow them on Facebook, but I notice on the site there is a lock on the first picture of BROTHER. Is this included with the lettered edition? If it's just something to do with the story PLEASE don't tell me what it is as I have not read the book yet, I just want to know if this was part of the lettered package because it looks kind of cool.

Joe315
12-29-2019, 12:58 PM
I admit I don't watch the Suntup videos or follow them on Facebook, but I notice on the site there is a lock on the first picture of BROTHER. Is this included with the lettered edition? If it's just something to do with the story PLEASE don't tell me what it is as I have not read the book yet, I just want to know if this was part of the lettered package because it looks kind of cool.

It is not.

Br!an
12-29-2019, 12:59 PM

What is a shitty thing to not disclose? That it is still available from the publisher? He listed a book ~$50 above the cost to purchase it. Someone bid on it. Capitalism at it's finest! /s

Joe315
12-29-2019, 01:01 PM

Why? Nothing about his listing is misleading. Do the research. It is very easy to google. Maybe the buyer wants 208 to have a foot in the door of other releases.

webstar1000
12-29-2019, 01:07 PM

Why? Nothing about his listing is misleading. Do the research. It is very easy to google. Maybe the buyer wants 208 to have a foot in the door of other releases.

Brother is not the last release.... And yes Brian.... it is the way.

kingfan2323
12-29-2019, 01:08 PM
Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Last thing I want to do is come off bad on here. Can you help me out with what I did wrong? I paid $314.31 total for my copy of Brother (I had to make payments so paid more) I marked it up 13% to cover Ebay fees (they are probably higher now for all I know). I was the first copy of Brother on Ebay and someone bid. So I am making zero profit actually. After everything is said and done losing a few bucks actually.

Confused but want to make it right.

Thanks;

Bryan

webstar1000
12-29-2019, 01:08 PM
Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Last thing I want to do is come off bad on here. Can you help me out with what I did wrong? I paid $314.31 total for my copy of Brother (I had to make payments so paid more) I marked it up 13% to cover Ebay fees. I was the first copy of Brother on Ebay and someone bid. So I am making zero profit actually. After everything is said and done losing a few bucks actually.

Thanks;

Bryan

Makes sense man. Sorry brother!

kingfan2323
12-29-2019, 01:48 PM
Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Last thing I want to do is come off bad on here. Can you help me out with what I did wrong? I paid $314.31 total for my copy of Brother (I had to make payments so paid more) I marked it up 13% to cover Ebay fees. I was the first copy of Brother on Ebay and someone bid. So I am making zero profit actually. After everything is said and done losing a few bucks actually.

Thanks;

Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThanks for saying that, Kris.

Hope that is good clarification, Jeffingoff and Pennyunwise. If you need more clarification please feel free to let me know. So yeah. . . zero profit And I am also confused because in the decades of collecting I have never once seen a book sell on the secondary market mention (or "disclose") whether they are still available from the publisher.

Collecting is a small world so hope this clarifies things.

P.S - I do not think I have made a profit on a book (King or Otherwise) Ever. Usually lose money. So there is that. Ha!

PennyUnwise
12-29-2019, 01:50 PM
Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

Hope that is good clarification, Jeffingoff and Pennyunwise. If you need more clarification please feel free to let me know. So yeah. . . zero profit And I am also confused because in the decades of collecting I have never once seen a book sell on the secondary market mention (or "disclose") whether they are still available from the publisher.

I have no problem with you! Sorry if you thought so. I fully understand getting money back. I just feel unfortunate for the publisher on missing a sale, and the buyer spending extra cash.

kingfan2323
12-29-2019, 01:56 PM
Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

I have no problem with you! Sorry if you thought so. I fully understand getting money back. I just feel unfortunate for the publisher on missing a sale, and the buyer spending extra cash.I gotcha. No problem. Publisher did not miss the sale. I bought it from them. So balance is achieved. Ha!

jeffingoff
12-29-2019, 02:02 PM
Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

P.S - I do not think I have made a profit on a book (King or Otherwise) Ever. Usually lose money. So there is that. Ha!

Like Penny Unwise, I have no problem with your listing or your asking price. None at all. I was merely looking at things from the perspective of the buyer. With a copy readily available from Suntup, I don't understand why anyone would jump to eBay in search of dank Suntup goodness. Especially if it's for more than the published price. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the search for a real number.

I was also looking at it from my perspective as a collector and fan of Suntup. I'd like to see Paul sell out his inventory so that money can go back into fueling the Suntup engine which will produce the best books out there.

But I totally respect and understand your position and really, you can ask whatever you want for whatever you sell. If you asked $800 and got $800 then that's between you and the buyer. I will say as someone who already has the book in hand, I don't mind anything that appears to drive up the value of the book. So there's that.

I hope your auction goes smoothly and the buyer is pleased.

EDIT--I realize my continued reference to "real number" can seem to disregard the very real numbers between 251 and 500. I mean no offense to Paul or anyone who bought books with those numbers. My "real number" remark is simply shorthand for the numbers that are in the majority of the Suntup print runs (1-250).

Randall Flagg
12-29-2019, 02:03 PM
Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

I feel your pain. Even if I buy straight from Suntup. I get charged 9.5% sales tax. I'd have to sell that book on Ebay for at least 25 to 30% over retail to break even.

kingfan2323
12-29-2019, 02:07 PM
Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

Like Penny Unwise, I have no problem with your listing or your asking price. None at all. I was merely looking at things from the perspective of the buyer. With a copy readily available from Suntup, I don't understand why anyone would jump to eBay in search of dank Suntup goodness. Especially if it's for more than the published price. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the search for a real number.

I was also looking at it from my perspective as a collector and fan of Suntup. I'd like to see Paul sell out his inventory so that money can go back into fueling the Suntup engine which will produce the best books out there.

But I totally respect and understand your position and really, you can ask whatever you want for whatever you sell. If you asked $800 and got $800 then that's between you and the buyer. I will say as someone who already has the book in hand, I don't mind anything that appears to drive up the value of the book. So there's that.

I hope your auction goes smoothly and the buyer is pleased.On a serious note: First of all . . .I finally watched your videos AND they are great! Shell shock from other awful unboxing videos kept me away. Officially hooked. Ha!

Second of all. . . I am getting my money back on Brother to spend it (plus way more) on Suntup. And. . . Brother will sell out at the publisher. So we are all good there.

Ben Mears
12-29-2019, 03:01 PM
Great photos! That Lettered edition is stunning.

+1.

firemonkey66
12-29-2019, 04:14 PM
Some photos of the lettered Rosemary's Baby. A very luxurious production all around. And the bed of the traycase/bassinet really does move back and forth.

https://i.postimg.cc/3wzzjB97/B2-F0-EA8-B-9-CAE-43-FF-AB7-B-5-BA128131007.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Z57GnZdW/AAAD510-C-B8-B1-4-DB9-96-C7-5-C04-F3-D6339-A.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vZZRGDcR/B5-B2-DF0-F-853-C-4-C52-ADB1-BA6-A3485-BEFF.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/SNqFtg4x/83-B13-D10-C8-C2-4706-832-D-D4431-F375-D43.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/7YV8vSPM/6-FC47-C2-D-ECE5-4-BFB-A48-D-3-B9378-F2992-D.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/5y5c2CBJ/22-A1-E11-B-CA6-A-4-C01-A29-F-55226-B7-B91-D6.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/7L5pTc3m/E431-E4-FE-2934-4-ED8-95-A7-0-C3-D66-B19-C70.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/HWwF5bMD/05-E4-AEB0-7226-4731-953-F-5-FB5-E1326-BD1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/mksqJg05/2-B07-AFF4-ADDC-4-E32-8-EFA-F65-F7-B789-DCC.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/k48zTbhS/10796-F12-94-E7-42-CC-AA6-C-C50-DEEAB68-C8.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/JznF9g2M/E290-C1-A6-51-C7-47-ED-A957-56-FF246-D4-E63.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Yq8VDk8d/509-DF98-C-8434-4-C1-D-9-F48-5-D8-DE9-D755-B8.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/mkyqsG42/800-E4620-C7-C8-4-B9-C-AA1-D-C0-EFA1-DA2-E46.jpg

Love the spines on these books

https://i.postimg.cc/5NfTmj5H/493-DEF0-E-9161-4-F7-E-913-A-03843-F58-E308.jpg

My current Suntup setup

https://i.postimg.cc/wxDYVSSr/07-B6-EC0-A-8014-44-DE-986-C-75087-E677-C37.jpg

kingfan2323
12-29-2019, 04:23 PM
Wow! Love the black on black.

Which is Your favorite non-King Suntup Lettered so far?

firemonkey66
12-29-2019, 04:31 PM
Wow! Love the black on black.

Which is Your favorite non-King Suntup Lettered so far?

I’m not sure yet. Each one has a lot of personality, so my inclination tends to shift toward whichever one I happen to pick up:)

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-29-2019, 04:47 PM
Super envious!
Did the devil make you buy that lettered BABY? Tell the truth now, remember who the Father of Lies is!

MikeDuke
12-29-2019, 05:19 PM
Man alive those are wonderful books. A big congrats on having such an awesome collection.

jeffingoff
12-29-2019, 06:40 PM
[/QUOTE]On a serious note: First of all . . .I finally watched your videos AND they are great! Shell shock from other awful unboxing videos kept me away. Officially hooked. Ha!

Second of all. . . I am getting my money back on Brother to spend it (plus way more) on Suntup. And. . . Brother will sell out at the publisher. So we are all good there.

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)[/QUOTE]

Well I'm glad you enjoyed the unboxing videos! I do them because I can't have everyone here in my home and the people already in my home don't want to hear me talk about books.

And yeah, Paul will be fine. The books will sell out and we will all buy more.

lotuz
12-29-2019, 08:42 PM
Well I'm glad you enjoyed the unboxing videos! I do them because I can't have everyone here in my home and the people already in my home don't want to hear me talk about books.

Oh man I feel you on this one :grouphug:

Patrick
12-29-2019, 10:25 PM
That Lettered RB is a beauty! The eyes creep me out though, man.

NiceM
12-29-2019, 10:29 PM
Ummm. . . I am so lost.

Thanks;

Bryan

I have no problem with you! Sorry if you thought so. I fully understand getting money back. I just feel unfortunate for the publisher on missing a sale, and the buyer spending extra cash.I gotcha. No problem. Publisher did not miss the sale. I bought it from them. So balance is achieved. Ha!

Sorry if I maybe started this m8 with my comment. My notion came from sellers who make ridiculous mark ups of 100% or more when a book is still available from publisher. Totally understand selling to raise cash for future buys.
Cheers! Happy thoughts

Brian861
12-29-2019, 11:46 PM

Oh man I feel you on this one :grouphug:

Don't we all.

Thanks for sharing your lettereds, Anthony! Gorgeous books and nice photography.

Munnecom
12-30-2019, 01:08 AM
The paper used for the lettered RB is a thing of beauty.

Do you have the lettered THoHH and Horns, Firemonkey? I don’t see them in the pictures...

Ben Mears
12-30-2019, 05:14 AM

That's because they are watching...

firemonkey66
12-30-2019, 09:49 AM

Do you have the lettered THoHH and Horns, Firemonkey? I don’t see them in the pictures...

I did, but I sold them. A non-Rosemary’s baby on the way changes things:)

lotuz
12-30-2019, 11:03 AM

Congrats!

:clap::clap::clap:

RC65
12-30-2019, 11:40 AM
That lettered RB is strikingly gorgeous...congratulations on being able to add that remarkable book to your collection!

Br!an
12-30-2019, 01:48 PM

Congrats!

:clap::clap::clap:

Yes, congratulations. I had to read that twice to get it.

Merlin1958
12-30-2019, 09:03 PM
Beautiful production. I would have incorporated a Gingham pattern (cloth if possible) for the FFEP. May not have looked as lush, but it was central to the story and would have been a nice touch. Guess that's why I don't produce books though. :wtf: I also don't know about the eye's either. Seems a little over the top, but that's just my opinion. Again, that's probably why I don't produce books. Still, a very lavish production indeed. :clap::clap::clap:

Brian861
12-31-2019, 01:38 AM
Accepting reasonable offers on my copy of The Road via PM. I'll retain rights to the number.

Brian861
01-01-2020, 09:14 PM
Accepting reasonable offers on my copy of The Road via PM. I'll retain rights to the number.

SOLD

MikeDuke
01-02-2020, 01:20 PM
Just in case anybody was waiting for the last minute, there are only 3 Horns portfolios left.

kingfan2323
01-03-2020, 05:52 PM
Good prices on Horns Portfolio, IAL, Brother, and ROSEMARY'S Baby in "Other Collectible Authors Classfied"!

seeking: anything DT#246

NiceM
01-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Paul, got my lettered Brother today. Stunning! I will enjoy reading this so much! Thank you sir!!

jsweet
01-06-2020, 09:40 AM
BUMP as I posted this right around Christmas. Still available.

Horns by Joe Hill, Signed/Limited, new, with Limited Promotional Art Kit "swag"
Shipped in original Suntup packaging and padding
$700 including shipping in the U.S.

zelig
01-06-2020, 10:28 AM
Paul, got my lettered Brother today. Stunning! I will enjoy reading this so much! Thank you sir!!

Hey, thank you! Pleased you like it.

zelig
01-06-2020, 10:28 AM
And Happy New Year everyone!

Munnecom
01-06-2020, 11:31 AM
I've been meaning to ask: how worried should we be about the cover of Brother rubbing off when we handle it with our sweaty paws?

zelig
01-06-2020, 12:49 PM
I've been meaning to ask: how worried should we be about the cover of Brother rubbing off when we handle it with our sweaty paws?

Don't sweat it! There should be no issue with handling the book, but of course just make sure your hands are clean and sweat-free, as with handling any book. It was really only the Lettered The Road that needed to be handled with gloves.

NiceM
01-06-2020, 12:56 PM

Don't sweat it! There should be no issue with handling the book, but of course just make sure your hands are clean and sweat-free, as with handling any book. It was really only the Lettered The Road that needed to be handled with gloves.

I use those for all my books now 😂

MikeDuke
01-06-2020, 01:08 PM
There still just over 100 left of Brother and 20 of IAL. So still chances for people to get in the game.

Br!an
01-06-2020, 04:35 PM

Gloves? How do you lick your fingers when you want to turn a page? :wtf:

Kongo
01-06-2020, 04:40 PM

Gloves? How do you lick your fingers when you want to turn a page? :wtf:

Hey! That's good Cheeto dust! Best part of eating them

St. Troy
01-07-2020, 11:46 AM
Nice bottle, firemonkey66 (seriously, it's a pretty atmospheric prop for photos).

St. Troy
01-07-2020, 11:48 AM
I love the idea of the broadside; I would love one of those containing the final two paragraphs of It. Maybe someone on etsy can slap one of those together...

Br!an
01-07-2020, 02:11 PM
Speaking of the broadside, what is the status? Thanks.

zelig
01-07-2020, 03:43 PM

It has been printed and will be on hand Friday. I’ll need some time to ship them all out as there are roughly 600. It’s also taking some time to clean the claim form submissions because some people tried to game the system to get the free print when in fact they did not qualify for it. I have some footage of it being printed which I still need to edit into a video. Also have a new book announcement happening so I’m thinking the broadside will ship around mid February. Not too long now. It looks amazing.

Br!an
01-07-2020, 04:29 PM
:clap:

Randall Flagg
01-07-2020, 04:30 PM

It has been printed and will be on hand Friday. I’ll need some time to ship them all out as there are roughly 600. It’s also taking some time to clean the claim form submissions because some people tried to game the system to get the free print when in fact they did not qualify for it. I have some footage of it being printed which I still need to edit into a video. Also have a new book announcement happening so I’m thinking the broadside will ship around mid February. Not too long now. It looks amazing.

Can't wait to see the video.
I hope, where possible, that the cheats will suffer from their actions.

jeffingoff
01-07-2020, 04:36 PM

Yes! Sweet justice.

MikeDuke
01-07-2020, 05:51 PM
Awesome about the Broadside. Feb is my birthday month. Plus I can't wait for the next announcement.

Aremag
01-08-2020, 04:27 AM

I think the best way for those cheats to suffer is for a red snakeskin Horns to get accidently shipped to me.....that'll show em.

jeffingoff
01-08-2020, 04:32 AM

I think the best way for those cheats to suffer is for a red snakeskin Horns to get accidently shipped to me.....that'll show em.

Yes! But that doesn’t go far enough. I think to really give it to the Broadside Cheats, someone will have to sell me a numbered Misery for the original published price! That’ll stew their guts!

jeffingoff
01-08-2020, 05:19 AM
I was holding my copy of The Road this morning, as is my want, and I was wondering if Cormac McCarthy or any of his people had a reaction to the publication of such a stellar edition.

webstar1000
01-08-2020, 05:23 AM
I was holding my copy of The Road this morning, as is my want, and I was wondering if Cormac McCarthy or any of his people had a reaction to the publication of such a stellar edition.

agreed. THEY have to be impressed... and hopefully enough that he will do another one....

zelig
01-08-2020, 05:44 AM

Cormac was delighted with it, as were his agent and publisher. He particularly liked the illustrations.

jeffingoff
01-08-2020, 06:11 AM

Cormac was delighted with it, as were his agent and publisher. He particularly liked the illustrations.

That’s great to know! Thanks for sharing the reaction. I’m sure it meant a lot to you as well to hear it.

zelig
01-08-2020, 06:31 AM
Yes for sure. It’s very gratifying. The way I see it is that there are two people I serve. The author (or author’s Estate), and the fans & collectors. If I can delight both, then I’m a happy camper.

MikeDuke
01-08-2020, 06:41 AM
Well so far, IMHO, you are doing a great job at serving both. But it's us, the consumer who are the lucky ones because we get to collect your awesome books. You should be a happy camper. You are doing both for sure.

jeffingoff
01-08-2020, 06:53 AM
Yes for sure. It’s very gratifying. The way I see it is that there are two people I serve. The author (or author’s Estate), and the fans & collectors. If I can delight both, then I’m a happy camper.

To move the people who move you must be the thrill of a lifetime.

St. Troy
01-08-2020, 08:13 AM
...some people tried to game the system to get the free print when in fact they did not qualify for it...

Come on, people.

Absolutely; I would think such an individual should be barred from advance notice/purchase rights for future releases. Too strong? Perhaps, but to abuse the Suntup giveaway really is to oppose and defeat the spirit of the giveaway itself.

jeffingoff
01-08-2020, 08:21 AM
Absolutely; I would think such an individual should be barred from advance notice/purchase rights for future releases. Too strong? Perhaps, but to abuse the Suntup giveaway really is to oppose and defeat the spirit of the giveaway itself.

It's not even like Paul made people jump through complicated hoops: just prove that you ordered a Suntup book EVER! He even made accommodations for those who purchased via a third party! Ridiculous that people tried to exploit that generosity.

Though barring them from future purchases might be going too far. Because I'd hate to see Paul lose sales. But removing those people from any advance notice email lists seems like a reasonable sanction.

zelig
01-08-2020, 11:37 AM
One of the Lettered owners has had some unexpected personal challenges and he needs to sell his pre-ordered copies and rights. This is for the Lettered I Am Legend, The Time Machine and Bridges. I said I would help him find a potential buyer, so if anyone wishes to take these over and get in on the Lettered editions, please send me a PM, and I will refer you to him and you can take it from there. Thanks.

jeffingoff
01-08-2020, 11:48 AM
One of the Lettered owners has had some unexpected personal challenges and he needs to sell his pre-ordered copies and rights. This is for the Lettered I Am Legend, The Time Machine and Bridges. I said I would help him find a potential buyer, so if anyone wishes to take these over and get in on the Lettered editions, please send me a PM, and I will refer you to him and you can take it from there. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/kHKHgE11w3Q

lotuz
01-08-2020, 12:03 PM

Super cool!!

Some of the BE Trice limited editions of his work are pretty nice (the deluxe No Country For Old Men for example) but they're not particularly innovative, design-wise, so I'm glad to hear that he and his people got to see how a real limited edition is done!

NiceM
01-08-2020, 12:33 PM

Hope your customer will be fine. I'll do some searching. Is it the HG wells set or just Time Machine ?

MikeDuke
01-08-2020, 12:36 PM
I agree. I hope your customer will be OK. It really is a shame that this person has to do this.

jeffingoff
01-08-2020, 12:41 PM

Hope your customer will be fine. I'll do some searching. Is it the HG wells set or just Time Machine ?

I agree. I hope your customer will be OK. It really is a shame that this person has to do this.

Yes, I also hope all is well and this sale can right the course.

zelig
01-08-2020, 01:42 PM

http://youtu.be/kHKHgE11w3Q

Perfect!

Super cool!!

Some of the BE Trice limited editions of his work are pretty nice (the deluxe No Country For Old Men for example) but they're not particularly innovative, design-wise, so I'm glad to hear that he and his people got to see how a real limited edition is done!

The nice thing about those editions is that he was more open to signing back them.

Just The Time Machine

Hunchback Jack
01-08-2020, 04:34 PM
Spam-o-rific.

CyberGhostface
01-11-2020, 02:21 PM
I got the gift edition of Misery. One thing I really got a kick out of it, putting it under a cut just in case anyone who doesn't have it yet wants to be surprised. Also a spoiler for Misery for any newcomers.

When Annie cuts off Paul's feet...

https://abload.de/img/img_01428akbp.jpg

WeDealInLead
01-12-2020, 07:19 PM
Any idea when the GE IAL will ship? Thanks.

zelig
01-12-2020, 10:24 PM
Any idea when the GE IAL will ship? Thanks.

I’m estimating around March/April.

NiceM
01-13-2020, 12:01 PM
Pre-order announcement for lettered track Thursday as well ?

zelig
01-13-2020, 12:36 PM
Yep.

Br!an
01-13-2020, 01:11 PM
Yep.

Facebook link?

zelig
01-13-2020, 04:36 PM
Yep.

Facebook link?

Won’t have a link until I finish the broadcast. If you follow the SE Facebook page then you will get a notification when the broadcast starts. But it’s just me rambling. There’s got to be better things to watch right?!

zelig
01-13-2020, 04:38 PM
I should clarify that Thursday’s pre-order announcement is to previous owners via email. Public pre-order announcement is Saturday. The FB live is Friday.

Brian861
01-13-2020, 04:46 PM
Yep.

Facebook link?

Won’t have a link until I finish the broadcast. If you follow the SE Facebook page then you will get a notification when the broadcast starts. But it’s just me rambling. There’s got to be better things to watch right?!

If we'll watch Jeff, Jeffingoff, we'll pretty much watch anything.

Br!an
01-13-2020, 05:46 PM
I should clarify that Thursday’s pre-order announcement is to previous owners via email. Public pre-order announcement is Saturday. The FB live is Friday.

Good. So I'll be notified by email for the pre-order. (I figured as much.) I am not on FB, so will have to watch after.

jeffingoff
01-14-2020, 12:50 PM
Yep.

Facebook link?

My channel was conceived one drunken evening when I pondered drunkenly, "Will people truly watch ANYTHING?" I decided to create a channel to see just how low viewers standards are.

OldCrow88
01-14-2020, 05:42 PM
Yep.

Facebook link?

My channel was conceived one drunken evening when I pondered drunkenly, "Will people truly watch ANYTHING?" I decided to create a channel to see just how low viewers standards are.

So based on your original concept do you need to be drunk while filming or do we need to be drunk while viewing? :pirate: (pirate emoji was closest I could come to a drunken sailor)

Randall Flagg
01-14-2020, 05:49 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1579052937-very-drunk.gif

jeffingoff
01-15-2020, 05:22 AM
Yep.

Facebook link?

So based on your original concept do you need to be drunk while filming or do we need to be drunk while viewing? :pirate: (pirate emoji was closest I could come to a drunken sailor)

I don’t need to be drunk while filming. In fact I try to avoid it. Believe it or not, Drunk Jeff is even LESS coherent. Yes that’s possible.

But I do recommend getting good and drunk before viewing any of my videos.

Brian861
01-15-2020, 07:57 AM

'Tis good stuff, main.

MikeDuke
01-15-2020, 08:30 AM
Jeff, your videos are indeed awesome. Your reactions are priceless and I really like how you describe the books. That's the truth.

zelig
01-15-2020, 08:39 AM
I’m really quite grumpy and unhappy on a daily basis, but when I watch Jeff’s videos it’s the only time I get to laugh, and the only thing that can make me laugh. He’s doing a great service to humanity.

vincent
01-15-2020, 09:19 AM
Jeff I particularly like how you are always on the verge of getting mad at us during the videos. Love’em!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

jeffingoff
01-15-2020, 02:46 PM
'Tis good stuff, main.

Jeff, your videos are indeed awesome. Your reactions are priceless and I really like how you describe the books. That's the truth.

I’m really quite grumpy and unhappy on a daily basis, but when I watch Jeff’s videos it’s the only time I get to laugh, and the only thing that can make me laugh. He’s doing a great service to humanity.

Jeff I particularly like how you are always on the verge of getting mad at us during the videos. Love’em!

I'm a little shocked that not only are there people who watch my videos, but that they would also be willing to admit to it in front of others.

This is all very high praise and it means a lot to me.

Paul I can't imagine you as a grumpy person! Though I'd imagine that someone who works as hard as you do would be routinely disappointed in the mindset of others.

And Vincent--when you consider that I'm looking at myself in the iPhone when I'm doing these videos, it makes much more sense at why I would react angrily. I'm routinely disappointed with the mindset of the guy in the iPhone.

Thank you all for watching.

Tommy
01-15-2020, 03:29 PM
I get to go out once a year and get autographs from horror celebs and this year, I have a shot at getting Danny Lloyd's autograph. Would his signature on The Shining Print decrease or add value for folks? That cover is from a movie tie-in paperback. It's not until next month which is good since I am broke at the moment but the responses might give me a clue as to what I should do....

(I'll move this to the SK collecting questions thread if it is unwelcome here by some, thanks)

jeffingoff
01-15-2020, 03:40 PM
I get to go out once a year and get autographs from horror celebs and this year, I have a shot at getting Danny Lloyd's autograph. Would his signature on The Shining Print decrease or add value for folks? That cover is from a movie tie-in paperback. It's not until next month which is good since I am broke at the moment but the responses might give me a clue as to what I should do....

(I'll move this to the SK collecting questions thread if it is unwelcome here by some, thanks)

If it adds value for you, do it.

I had three of the actors who played Cenobites sign my Earthling edition of Hellbound Heart. I am thrilled to have those signatures (and memories—they were fantastic and gracious). But I wouldn’t expect those signatures to boost the value of the book. Others might not like it that people who had nothing to do with the book are memorialized within in. Since they’re two entirely different pieces of art. In that instance I don’t care.

But for me, The Shining novel and The Shining movie are almost completely separate and I wouldn’t want Danny Lloyd’s signature on anything to do with the book. Though I guess I’d make an exception for that cool paperback movie tie-in cover. Even still I wouldn’t do it to drive up the monetary value.

I guess my point is that you’re the best person to answer your question.

**EDIT** but I’d love to hear what others think. Especially as it relates to a Suntup print.

Tommy
01-15-2020, 03:49 PM
Me too. Another person gave me the idea of getting the little authenticity card signed, another idea....

RichardX
01-16-2020, 07:32 AM

I would do it. Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got Lloyd, the woman in room 237 and the Grady twin actors to sign my CD copy of The Shining. Does it add value? Not sure, but I'm glad to have it. Association signature are cool. I had Clint Hill and Buell Frazier sign my copy of 11.22.63. Hill was the secret service agent who jumped on the trunk of JFK's car moments after he was killed and Frazier drove Oswald to work on the day of the assassination. Those folks won't be around forever. So when you get a chance, take it.

webstar1000
01-16-2020, 07:37 AM

I would do it. Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got Lloyd, the women in room 237 and the Grady twin actors to sign my CD copy of The Shining. Does it add value? Not sure, but I'm glad to have it. Association signature are cool. I had Clint Hill and Buell Frazier sign my copy of 11.22.63. Hill was the secret service agent who jumped on the trunk of JFK's car moments after he was killed and Frazier drove Oswald to work on the day of the assassination. Those folks won't be around forever. So when you get a chance, take it.

Im on the other side of the fence... cool to meet the actors but they ain't touching my books. Nope. Would not add value to me... AND if it was a rare book? Like say a 1st Shining (have either 1st movie or remake actress sign it) it would LOWER substantially the value I believe. King's pen should be the only one to sign.. BUT as Jeff said... if it adds value to YOU .. then by all means fill yer boots!

Roseannebarr
01-16-2020, 08:16 AM

It sounds to cool to me! I would do it if it makes you happy. Shining Print for sure. I have tons of movie posters signed by the actors in the 80s! That would be neat thing to have!

Tommy
01-16-2020, 08:56 AM
Wow, thank you guys for so many opinions here. Luckily I have plenty of time to think it over. I am leaning towards getting it signed but still need to mull it over a bit. But thank you so much!

Munnecom
01-16-2020, 10:49 AM
Paul, it doesn’t say on the product pages, but is the new book printed letterpress?

RichardX
01-16-2020, 12:09 PM

I would do it. Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity. I got Lloyd, the women in room 237 and the Grady twin actors to sign my CD copy of The Shining. Does it add value? Not sure, but I'm glad to have it. Association signature are cool. I had Clint Hill and Buell Frazier sign my copy of 11.22.63. Hill was the secret service agent who jumped on the trunk of JFK's car moments after he was killed and Frazier drove Oswald to work on the day of the assassination. Those folks won't be around forever. So when you get a chance, take it.

Im on the other side of the fence... cool to meet the actors but they ain't touching my books. Nope. Would not add value to me... AND if it was a rare book? Like say a 1st Shining (have either 1st movie or remake actress sign it) it would LOWER substantially the value I believe. King's pen should be the only one to sign.. BUT as Jeff said... if it adds value to YOU .. then by all means fill yer boots!

For me it depends on the book. If it's a rare first edition or something really unique, I wouldn't let anyone other than King to sign. But most trade editions and reprints I'm more than happy to have an actor from the movie sign it.

webstar1000
01-16-2020, 12:11 PM

For me it depends on the book. If it's a rare first edition or something really unique, I wouldn't let anyone other than King to sign. But most trade editions and reprints I'm more than happy to have an actor from the movie sign it.

That literally is all that matters... if YOU like it and are happy, then go for the gold:)

Aremag
01-16-2020, 12:46 PM
Not related to who signs what but stunned to open my CD grab bag box today and find the following in the mix of books.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/CDgrabbag.jpeg

Tommy
01-16-2020, 12:48 PM
My eye keeps going to that Rosemary's Baby, nice!

Hunchback Jack
01-16-2020, 12:48 PM
Not related to who signs what but stunned to open my CD grab bag box today and find the following in the mix of books.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/CDgrabbag.jpeg

That's a great selection. You did well!

jeffingoff
01-16-2020, 12:50 PM
WOW! I can't believe that you got an RB AGE in there! That's like finding a $100 on the street.

Aremag
01-16-2020, 12:53 PM
WOW! I can't believe that you got an RB AGE in there! That's like finding a $100 on the street.

I couldn't believe it also....jaw dropping stunned.

jeffingoff
01-16-2020, 12:58 PM

I couldn't believe it also....jaw dropping stunned.

It's like you bought RB and got 6 books for free. And I imagine the value of that particular AGE is only going to go up since it's the lowest print run of a Suntup AGE and it's the most stunning of the ones I've held so far, IMO.

zelig
01-16-2020, 01:05 PM
Paul, it doesn’t say on the product pages, but is the new book printed letterpress?

If it doesn't specifically state that a book is printed letterpress, then it is printed offset.

kingfan2323
01-16-2020, 01:30 PM
Paul,
Curious and thought others may be too:

You use both "limited" (The Road, RB) OR "numbered" on the numbered edition descriptions. What's the thought process on that?

Limitation page in front or back. Wondered how/why you choose which for each publication?

Thx

Munnecom
01-16-2020, 01:58 PM

If it doesn't specifically state that a book is printed letterpress, then it is printed offset.

Thanks for clearing that up, and congratulations on another home run/slam dunk/some other sports metaphor of your choosing!

zelig
01-16-2020, 02:28 PM
Paul,

You use both "limited" (The Road, RB) OR "numbered" on the numbered edition descriptions. What's the thought process on that?

Limitation page in front or back. Wondered how/why you choose which for each publication?

Thx

I started out referring to this edition as "Numbered", then made the decision to begin referring to them as "Limited". After some time it became clear that the best description for me in terms of what made the most sense, was "Numbered", so I went back to that. From now on, these will be called "Numbered". Final answer.

As for the limitation page, I know I probably threw a curve ball with Brother. For a deceased author, I will want it in the back. I think I mentioned somewhere that living authors would go in the front, but we got into a groove where ALL signature sheets were designed and planned for the back. I have a lot of books on the go, and systematizing things like this helps streamline the process. So without thinking, the signature sheet ended up in the back for Brother because that is how all books were planned. Personally, I would prefer they appear at the back whether the author is living or deceased. However, for some upcoming titles with living authors, I may put them in the front. There's no hard and fast rule, but in general, the back is the default. And as I think about it, sometimes the book tends to dictate. Not only with signature sheets, but this concept of the book leading the way can extend to introductions as well. I have one I'm working on right now where I keep feeling that this one should not have an introduction. Ultimately, where it ends up is where the book wanted it to end up. I kind of feel that way about it.

kingfan2323
01-16-2020, 02:35 PM
Paul,

Thx

I started out referring to this edition as "Numbered", then made the decision to begin referring to them as "Limited". After some time it became clear that the best description for me in terms of what made the most sense, was "Numbered", so I went back to that. From now on, these will be called "Numbered". Final answer.

As for the limitation page, I know I probably threw a curve ball with Brother. For a deceased author, I will want it in the back. I think I mentioned somewhere that living authors would go in the front, but we got into a groove where ALL signature sheets were designed and planned for the back. I have a lot of books on the go, and systematizing things like this helps streamline the process. So without thinking, the signature sheet ended up in the back for Brother because that is how all books were planned. Personally, I would prefer they appear at the back whether the author is living or deceased. However, for some upcoming titles with living authors, I may put them in the front. There's no hard and fast rule, but in general, the back is the default. And as I think about it, sometimes the book tends to dictate. Not only with signature sheets, but this concept of the book leading the way can extend to introductions as well. I have one I'm working on right now where I keep feeling that this one should not have an introduction. Ultimately, where it ends up is where the book wanted it to end up. I kind of feel that way about it.Ahh. . . Interesting. Was curious. Oh. . . Held my copy of Hill House last night. Just got it. Bravo!

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-16-2020, 06:17 PM
Just put them all in the middle from now on.

Brian861
01-16-2020, 09:13 PM

I'm more worried that Tommy is only allowed out once a year :scared:

Brian861
01-16-2020, 09:16 PM
My eye keeps going to that Rosemary's Baby, nice!

It immediately pops out for sure!

kingfan2323
01-16-2020, 09:17 PM

I'm more worried that Tommy is only allowed out once a year :scared:That made me crack up, Brian! If I only got out once a year would I want to chill with Danny Lloyd? Hmmm.

Brian861
01-16-2020, 09:27 PM
I have a lot of books on the go,

Picking this little nugget out of Paul's post has me very excited! Broke, but excited :)

For those not on the preorder list, ya might want to be on point come Saturday morning.

Brian861
01-16-2020, 09:29 PM

I'm more worried that Tommy is only allowed out once a year :scared:That made me crack up, Brian! If I only got out once a year would I want to chill with Danny Lloyd? Hmmm.

:orely:

jeffingoff
01-17-2020, 04:08 AM
Paul, just wondering if you'll put the next Wells up for preorder before March 13th.

zelig
01-17-2020, 05:23 AM
Paul, just wondering if you'll put the next Wells up for preorder before March 13th.

No it’s planned for a little later. I want to get it further along in production. There are other titles planned for announcement before this one.

jeffingoff
01-17-2020, 05:31 AM

No it’s planned for a little later. I want to get it further along in production. There are other titles planned for announcement before this one.

Awesome. Thanks for the response.

webstar1000
01-17-2020, 05:32 AM
STILL in shock over tomorrow's release....

jeffingoff
01-17-2020, 05:51 AM
STILL in shock over tomorrow's release....

Side effects may include elation, hyper focus, and shock. For shock lasting more than four hours seek medical attention.

MikeDuke
01-17-2020, 06:23 AM
I will only say that I really like this release.

Raenas
01-17-2020, 07:20 AM
I will only say that I really like this release.

Same, it looks absolutely brilliant and the choice of book is spot on for me. Too bad the lettered track is out of my budget, as the lettered edition looks punishing. So much character in the design.

amd013
01-17-2020, 08:43 AM

Hi Paul, just wanted some clarification. If I jump off the train sometime between now and the next wells book, will I be able to jump back on once the book after the next Wells book is announced, since I have preordered the set?

webstar1000
01-17-2020, 08:52 AM

Hi Paul, just wanted some clarification. If I jump off the train sometime between now and the next wells book, will I be able to jump back on once the book after the next Wells book is announced, since I have preordered the set?

no he stated that. You needed to buy the three as a package deal to ensure that.

jeffingoff
01-17-2020, 08:56 AM

no he stated that. You needed to buy the three as a package deal to ensure that.

Kris, I think he's asking if, since he bought the set, he will be back on track to resume collecting his number after Invisible Man is open for preorder. **EDIT** If he hops off between now and when the Invisible Man is available.

I guess the thinking is that he bought the 3 book set so he has his number and therefore the book after invisible man will have no previous number holder. So therefore no one can claim the number and it is his again.

webstar1000
01-17-2020, 08:58 AM

Kris, I think he's asking if, since he bought the set, he will be back on track to resume collecting his number after Invisible Man is open for preorder.

I guess the thinking is that he bought the 3 book set so he has his number and therefore the book after invisible man will have no previous number holder. So therefore no one can claim the number and it is his again.

hmmm.. that is not how I read it but I digress me lad... lets let him tell us. haha

jeffingoff
01-17-2020, 09:03 AM

Kris, I think he's asking if, since he bought the set, he will be back on track to resume collecting his number after Invisible Man is open for preorder.

hmmm.. that is not how I read it but I digress me lad... lets let him tell us. haha

Right! No one is asking me! hahahaha. But I think it's interesting to speculate. I see it this way:
There's the King track
The non-King track
And the Wells set track(?)

If you bought the set, that number is set aside. And you have it. And those books with that number are now out of the future preorders. But if you hop off, then your number goes back into play and will follow the non-King track skipping over the Wells books that have been set aside.

**EDIT** THEREFORE, for the next book that is announced after The Invisible Man. that number will be available to whoever holds the number to the book before the Invisible Man.

So it's like The Invisible Man doesn't exist.

webstar1000
01-17-2020, 09:17 AM

Right! No one is asking me! hahahaha. But I think it's interesting to speculate. I see it this way:
There's the King track
The non-King track

If you bought the set, that number is set aside. And you have it. And those books with that number are now out of the future preorders. But if you hop off, then your number goes back into play and will follow the non-King track skipping over the Wells books that have been set aside.

No it is ONLY set aside if you bought them as a set. So, if he didn't and left after the first one and tried to come back when the 2nd is announced... it would go to the last person who bought the book before him.. thus losing his matching number. Thats the way I see it. haha SO same as you but I think he was asking like he didnt buy the set...

jeffingoff
01-17-2020, 09:18 AM
Paul, great Facebook Live, as always!

Ari_Racing
01-17-2020, 09:20 AM
I know the title...but because someone told me. ;)

CyberGhostface
01-17-2020, 09:21 AM
Preview video is on Facebook. Seems like we’re getting Red Dragon by Thomas Harris?

RC65
01-17-2020, 09:21 AM
Paul said he made the teaser video easier this time to figure out...now I really feel stupid, as I've still no idea.

RC65
01-17-2020, 09:24 AM
Preview video is on Facebook. Seems like we’re getting Red Dragon by Thomas Harris?

I don't recall a child (seen in the video) being a feature player in the book, but then again it's been a while since I've read it. Plus there appears to be some sort of fiery monster toward the beginning and a Cthulhu-like image at the end, both of which are absent in RED DRAGON.

CyberGhostface
01-17-2020, 09:27 AM

I don't recall a child (seen in the video) being a feature player in the book, but then again it's been a while since I've read it. Plus there appears to be some sort of fiery monster toward the beginning and a Cthulhu-like image at the end, both of which are absent in RED DRAGON.

In the book there’s a lengthy section on Francis Dolarhyde’s childhood. The kid has a hairlip which Dolarhyde has. The Japanese symbol seen in the video is something Dolarhyde carves on the tree as well. As for the monsters it’s probably the dragon Dolarhyde sees himself becoming.

RC65
01-17-2020, 09:32 AM

In the book there’s a lengthy section on Francis Dolarhyde’s childhood. The Japanese symbol seen in the video is something Dolarhyde carves on the tree as well.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification...it's been a good twenty years since I'd read the book, and I really only remember the basic construct of the plot and a few key scenes.

CyberGhostface
01-17-2020, 09:34 AM
Also in the book Dolarhyde is obsessed with the painting “The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun“ and you can see that in the video.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Red_Dragon_Paintings

herbertwest
01-17-2020, 09:41 AM
I have no clue, but it looks stunning !

Tommy
01-17-2020, 09:49 AM
The Cleft Palate, the mahjong tile symbol, and I think that's a closeup of the Blake painting at the end. Damn! RD is one of my favorite books. I may have to start slinging rocks and order this bad boy.

That's a joke btw.

CyberGhostface
01-17-2020, 09:54 AM
It’s one of my favorite books. I’ll definitely get the GE. I’m tempted to get the LE depending on the price.

webstar1000
01-17-2020, 09:58 AM
It’s one of my favorite books. I’ll definitely get the GE. I’m tempted to get the LE depending on the price.

VERY affordable... AND if you are considering.. BE ready as I don't expect many to be left to buy tomorrow AM.

CyberGhostface
01-17-2020, 10:02 AM
:excited:

Can't wait then I'll try to be ready on the dot.

George at C-Springs
01-17-2020, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by CyberGhostface

Well, once again I hate to say it but I've never heard of Red Dragon or Thomas Harris, not anything I've ever read. I did key in on the Cthulhu as well (which piqued my interest), also saw a tiger (that's what I thought the "fiery monster" mentioned above was) and crocodile skin (could be dragon I suppose).

Kingfan24
01-17-2020, 10:27 AM

Well, once again I hate to say it but I've never heard of Red Dragon or Thomas Harris, not anything I've ever read. I did key in on the Cthulhu as well (which piqued my interest), also saw a tiger (that's what I thought the "fiery monster" mentioned above wast) and crocodile skin (could be dragon I suppose).

Have you ever heard of Hannibal Lecter?

Aremag
01-17-2020, 10:30 AM
My initial thought watching the video was Red Dragon also. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

webstar1000
01-17-2020, 10:33 AM

Well, once again I hate to say it but I've never heard of Red Dragon or Thomas Harris, not anything I've ever read. I did key in on the Cthulhu as well (which piqued my interest), also saw a tiger (that's what I thought the "fiery monster" mentioned above wast) and crocodile skin (could be dragon I suppose).

I thought he was joking Nick... I HOPE SO!!!! lol

HELLLLLLLLLLLO CLARICE....... NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!! I AM OVER THE MOON FOR THIS ONE!

Hunchback Jack
01-17-2020, 10:47 AM
I missed the live stream, and a small chunk was cut out of the middle of the recording due to technical difficulties. What was the gold colored lettered edition in the gold colored tray case that Paul held up? It didn’t look like any of the pictures from the website.

jeffingoff
01-17-2020, 10:48 AM
I missed the live stream, and a small chunk was cut out of the middle of the recording due to technical difficulties. What was the gold colored lettered edition in the gold colored tray case that Paul held up? It didn’t look like any of the pictures from the website.

Bridges of Madison County

Hunchback Jack
01-17-2020, 10:51 AM

Bridges of Madison County

Ah, thank you! It looks gorgeous.

CyberGhostface
01-17-2020, 11:04 AM

lol yep

Although to be fair a lot of people are just familiar with the film version of 'Silence of the Lambs' and Anthony Hopkins over anything else.

Red Dragon in particular seems to be the least known of the bunch (which is a shame as I think it has some of the best writing and characterization of the series; Francis Dolarhyde is a great character). I've seen a lot of posts on other forums where people will say when starting the series "Can I just skip Red Dragon?"

Tommy
01-17-2020, 11:06 AM
RD is one of the few books that had me looking over my shoulder as I read it in an empty house. It is just terrific.

swintek
01-17-2020, 11:10 AM

Ron, check out the iconic William Blake painting The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun https://kerrypicard2.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/william_blake-full2.jpg with which the main protagonist is obsessed. ;)

shaq
01-17-2020, 11:12 AM
I so hope it's Red Dragon. It all seems to point to it.

As a bonus, i think i won the $50 gift certificate. Fingers crossed as think I was the first to get it right. We will see, pleasant bonus if the case

shaq
01-17-2020, 11:13 AM
Also reduced international shipping is awesome of Paul.

shaq
01-17-2020, 11:13 AM
And then..... news of i am legend gift edition!!!

Bev Vincent
01-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Red Dragon in particular seems to be the least known of the bunch (which is a shame as I think it has some of the best writing and characterization of the series; Francis Dolarhyde is a great character). I've seen a lot of posts on other forums where people will say when starting the series "Can I just skip Red Dragon?"

I wrote an essay ten years ago about RED DRAGON for the book Thrillers: 100 Must-Reads edited by David Morrell & Hank Wagner for the International Thriller Writers.

herbertwest
01-17-2020, 11:20 AM
Spamm again.
Please block user "wellmar", see post #8210, that talks about kamagra. Again

RC65
01-17-2020, 11:21 AM

Ron, check out the iconic William Blake painting The Great Red Dragon and the Woman Clothed in Sun https://kerrypicard2.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/william_blake-full2.jpg with which the main protagonist is obsessed. ;)

Yeah, I think if just a bit more of that painting had been exposed in the video, I would have recognized it. I remember the painting well, as it's prominently displayed in the first few pages of my signed 1st ed. HC, and it's an image that lingers (more than the book, apparently, given that I had forgotten about the featured child portion that CyberGhost references earlier...but I do remember really enjoying it).

zelig
01-17-2020, 11:44 AM

There's the King track
The non-King track

No it is ONLY set aside if you bought them as a set. So, if he didn't and left after the first one and tried to come back when the 2nd is announced... it would go to the last person who bought the book before him.. thus losing his matching number. Thats the way I see it. haha SO same as you but I think he was asking like he didnt buy the set...

Had a lengthy discussion about this and there's a loooong answer and a short answer. This is the short one: Whenever you skip a release, you lose your number. If you skip the book tomorrow, you won't be able to jump back in for the book announced after The War of the Worlds. There will only be this one book before the next Wells if that helps.

Garrell
01-17-2020, 11:49 AM
I sold my Time Machine and rights yesterday so I am on the hoping train. I will be hitting the order button at 12 tomorrow for tomorrow's release.

shaq
01-17-2020, 12:33 PM
Red dragon is a great read, the child being Francis, and the back story of him is amazing.

I re-read it a few months ago. Fabulous.

I’m so excited, a little wee came out at the thought of it! 🤭🤭🤭

Tommy
01-17-2020, 12:39 PM
I’m so excited, a little wee came out at the thought of it! 🤭🤭🤭

Be careful with that or granny will have to get the scissors :eek:

George at C-Springs
01-17-2020, 12:50 PM
I thought he was joking Nick... I HOPE SO!!!! lol*

HELLLLLLLLLLLO CLARICE....... NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!! I AM OVER THE MOON FOR THIS ONE!

Nope, wasn't joking. SK DT and EOTD is about the extent of my fantasy reading, never liked the genre; I've always been a sci-fi and horror guy, any book with Dragon in the title I'd never even look at twice. As for Silence of the Lambs, yeah saw the movie but had no idea who wrote the book; honestly didn't think much of the movie either. Now The City and the Stars ... there's a book!

Hunchback Jack
01-17-2020, 12:56 PM
[
Had a lengthy discussion about this and there's a loooong answer and a short answer. This is the short one: Whenever you skip a release, you lose your number. If you skip the book tomorrow, you won't be able to jump back in for the book announced after The War of the Worlds. There will only be this one book before the next Wells if that helps.

So in other words, assuming there is only one non-Wells volume announced between each Wells order period:

If you only bought Time Machine, the non-King “rights train” looks like this:

Non-Wells 1 -> Wells 1 -> non-Wells 2 -> Wells 2 -> non-Wells 3 -> Wells 3 -> non-Wells 4 ...

That is, ordering the first Wells volume individually doesn’t grant rights to the next Wells volume; it only grants rights to the next volume in the chain of announced titles. To guarantee a matching Wells volume 2, you would need to buy the non-Wells volume immediately preceding it.

If you ordered the Wells set, the rights chain looks like:

Non-Wells 1 -> Wells 1, 2 and 3 -> non-Wells 2 -> non-Wells 3 -> non-Wells 4 ...

Purchasing the set gives you all three Wells books (delivered over time) but only grants you rights to the next non-Wells book. Having ordered Wells 2 and 3 ahead of time doesn’t grant rights to any subsequent non-Wells books (beyond the next one)

Is that right, Paul?

Br!an
01-17-2020, 01:04 PM
So it's like The Invisible Man doesn't exist.

He exists, you just can't see him. :doh:

peripheral
01-17-2020, 01:11 PM
Reducing international shipping rates by 30%. For me, living on this island on the other side of the Earth, this is even bigger news than the new book! Thank you, Paul. What a thing. Can I ask, how are you making that possible??

webstar1000
01-17-2020, 01:13 PM
Reducing international shipping rates by 30%. For me, living on this island on the other side of the Earth, this is even bigger news than the new book! Thank you, Paul. What a thing. Can I ask, how are you making that possible??

Shipping the lot of orders there and then piecing them out from a hub. Only way I can figure it!

Hence the pre order only thing he stated.

MikeDuke
01-17-2020, 01:14 PM
Yea, I that was a wonderful thing to do. It has to make a big difference for a lot of people.

NiceM
01-17-2020, 01:24 PM
Yea, I that was a wonderful thing to do. It has to make a big difference for a lot of people.

It's a huge difference. Shipping prices stopped me from buying subterranean press novella's straight from SP as the shipping price > book price
Paul now making this happen is a huge difference. Savings from 2 shipments is almost the price of an AGE!

zelig
01-17-2020, 02:08 PM
[

So in other words, assuming there is only one non-Wells volume announced between each Wells order period:

Non-Wells 1 -> Wells 1 -> non-Wells 2 -> Wells 2 -> non-Wells 3 -> Wells 3 -> non-Wells 4 ...

That is, ordering the first Wells volume individually doesn’t grant rights to the next Wells volume; it only grants rights to the next volume in the chain of announced titles. To guarantee a matching Wells volume 2, you would need to buy the non-Wells volume immediately preceding it.

Non-Wells 1 -> Wells 1, 2 and 3 -> non-Wells 2 -> non-Wells 3 -> non-Wells 4 ...

Purchasing the set gives you all three Wells books (delivered over time) but only grants you rights to the next non-Wells book. Having ordered Wells 2 and 3 ahead of time doesn’t grant rights to any subsequent non-Wells books (beyond the next one)

Is that right, Paul?

I think I need a PhD degree to understand this! :-) We'll explain or clarify on the next release. My brain is fried right now after discussing it all at length. I need to watch Laurel & Hardy or something.

I thought you'd like that. It involves consolidating orders. I've already tested it and it works. So we'll see how it goes with an actual bulk shipment. I'm really excited to have been able to bring these rates down for our international customers.

amd013
01-17-2020, 02:33 PM

Nope, wasn't joking. SK DT and EOTD is about the extent of my fantasy reading, never liked the genre; I've always been a sci-fi and horror guy, any book with Dragon in the title I'd never even look at twice. As for Silence of the Lambs, yeah saw the movie but had no idea who wrote the book; honestly didn't think much of the movie either. Now The City and the Stars ... there's a book!

Actually this is not fantasy, it is crime drama/mystery/horor. Silence of the lambs is a sequel of sorts.

Loved the book, not sure why I bought it as an early teen, but just checked, looks like my paperback was a first printing.

There have been two movies based on the book, the first was called Manhunter, the second Red Dragon, where Anthony Hopkins reprised his role as Hannibal Lector.

Brian861
01-17-2020, 03:05 PM
[

Is that right, Paul?

:confused1: Look, folks, let's not complicate matters. Just purchase every numbered/lettered that Suntup publishes and you're good to go. Easy peasy.

Brian861
01-17-2020, 03:08 PM

Actually this is not fantasy, it is crime drama/mystery/horor. Silence of the lambs is a sequel of sorts.

Loved the book, not sure why I bought it as an early teen, but just checked, looks like my paperback was a first printing.

There have been two movies based on the book, the first was called Manhunter, the second Red Dragon, where Anthony Hopkins reprised his role as Hannibal Lector.

There aren't even any real dragons :mad1:

Hunchback Jack
01-17-2020, 04:00 PM
I think I need a PhD degree to understand this! :-)

You're welcome. :)

Seriously though, my superpower, such as it is, is explaining simple concepts so that no one can understand them. I subtract knowledge from the universe. I need to learn to use my superpower more responsibly.

HBJ

Brian861
01-17-2020, 04:07 PM
Just watched the video feed from this morning. Great news about the upgrade to the AGE of IAL! And thanks again, Paul for the gift!

Garrell
01-17-2020, 06:20 PM
Guessing glow in the dark on the IAL AGE

Brian861
01-17-2020, 06:58 PM
Guessing glow in the dark on the IAL AGE

Or flood lights and explosive charges

RC65
01-17-2020, 08:12 PM
When does tomorrow’s pre-order window officially open...9am PST or...?

jeffingoff
01-17-2020, 08:33 PM
When does tomorrow’s pre-order window officially open...9am PST or...?

Yes. 9am Pacific time. If you subscribe to the Suntup newsletter you should be getting an email to let you know that the window is open. But if I were you I wouldn’t wait to get the email.

Tommy
01-17-2020, 09:39 PM
I'll miss out but congrats to all that don't.

shaq
01-18-2020, 12:27 AM
I managed to win the $50 voucher on Paul’s live feed, so I snagged the I Am Legend Artist Gift Edition.

Very lucky.

Ordered direct from Paul at last!

Looking forward to a second purchase later today, hopefully

Aremag
01-18-2020, 09:07 AM
Well I bought a numbered and AGE Red Dragon....thankful for the payment plan and for the first time being a current number holder I guess lol.

CyberGhostface
01-18-2020, 09:11 AM
Whelp just ordered both editions. Most I’ve ever spent on a book ever lol.

firemonkey66
01-18-2020, 09:18 AM
Great choice for this release, Paul! All the editions look beautiful. Something else to look forward to showing up on my doorstep:)

swintek
01-18-2020, 09:24 AM
These look outstanding, Paul! Easy choice for me. Way to start off the New Year!

Black Miau
01-18-2020, 09:27 AM
Sold Out!

Tommy
01-18-2020, 09:30 AM
I didn't miss out after all! A friend agreed to get one for me and allow me to make payments. I am utterly thrilled at the moment. This is one of my favorite books, it looks beautiful and is SIGNED. You know who you are and I cannot say thank you enough! YES!!!!! :nana: