PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Aremag
11-27-2019, 05:08 PM
Snagged one myself.

MikeDuke
11-27-2019, 07:51 PM
And then there were none.

jeffingoff
11-29-2019, 07:18 AM
Received my copy of The Road. It is a thoroughly amazing edition. One detail I love is the selection of paper. The paper makes it look like each page is covered in ash. LOVE IT. another stunner!

http://youtu.be/NVa_HPPWezo

MikeDuke
11-29-2019, 07:32 AM
Great review on youtube Jeff. Yea, it's a keeper for sure.

jeffingoff
11-29-2019, 09:19 AM
Also I just noticed that The Haunting of Hill House is the only Suntup numbered or AGE without the Suntup name on the spine. Is that intentional? Is that another Easter egg? I see them everywhere now! Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webstar1000
11-29-2019, 09:49 AM
Also I just noticed that The Haunting of Hill House is the only Suntup numbered or AGE without the Suntup name on the spine. Is that intentional? Is that another Easter egg? I see them everywhere now! Hahahaha

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU JUST WON THE MISERY WHITE KEYS LETTERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First to notice! CONGRATS BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffingoff
11-29-2019, 09:51 AM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU JUST WON THE MISERY WHITE KEYS LETTERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First to notice! CONGRATS BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha send it to my widow because I just had a cardiac event.

zelig
11-29-2019, 10:14 AM
The white Misery is on the way to you Jeff. Well done.

But seriously, the missing publisher name on the spine of Hill House was not intentional nor is it an egg. Easter, cage free or otherwise.

NiceM
11-29-2019, 10:16 AM

CONGRATS!!! THE UNBOXING VIDEO WILL BE GRAND AND EPIC!:onfire:

jeffingoff
11-29-2019, 10:19 AM
The white Misery is on the way to you Jeff. Well done.

But seriously, the missing publisher name on the spine of Hill House was not intentional nor is it an egg. Easter, cage free or otherwise.

I assumed it was an issue of space limitation. No matter the case, I like that it makes that book unique. It along with Misery hold a special place as the first two in their respective tracks as well as the only ones with the super low launch print run of 185 numbered for sale.

jeffingoff
11-29-2019, 10:22 AM

CONGRATS!!! THE UNBOXING VIDEO WILL BE GRAND AND EPIC!:onfire:

I’ll have to rent an all white tuxedo and top hat! Also I’ll get a walking stick with the Suntup logo carved into a skull in the handle.

NiceM
11-29-2019, 10:26 AM
I’ll have to rent an all white tuxedo and top hat! Also I’ll get a walking stick with the Suntup logo carved into a skull in the handle.

Paul you need to make that walking stick an official Suntup item!

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-29-2019, 11:04 AM
I started THE ROAD last night and finished it early this afternoon.
Great novel! I had only two minor problems with Mister McCarthy's prose, but they are so minuscule I will not mention them.
The forward should definitely have been an afterward, I'm glad I treated it as such.
The physical book and slipcase themselves are wonderful objects to hold and admire. I hate to just slide them on the bookshelf, they demand admiration.

firemonkey66
11-29-2019, 04:40 PM
Discovering SOLLY

Introduction
I thought about writing down my experience uncovering the Suntup Easter Egg in the time immediately following the conclusion of the contest, but I had dismissed the idea. I didn’t want to shift the spotlight off the winner or off Paul’s heartwarming gesture in embedding his father’s name into his work. But then I read Tim’s (Lotuz’s) wonderfully thoughtful post in the new pride and joy thread regarding the red numbered Misery and my perspective shifted a bit (post #29827 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?377-Your-New-Pride-and-Joy!&p=1174090&viewfull=1#post1174090)). I suppose I had been thinking that a written account would be an imposition; that it would detract from the events by highlighting the experience of the runner-up, so to speak, but now I’m thinking it might be an opportunity for everyone to share in my experience, because when I referred to it as a ‘Da Vinci Code moment’ in my initial post in the Suntup thread (post #7458 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20875-Suntup-Press&p=1172902&viewfull=1#post1172902)), I wasn’t being facetious. I don’t think a film of my experience would be a summer blockbuster, to say the least, but it did contain a ‘eureka moment,’ a pounding pulse, some running around, an element of danger, and a bit of detective work, so it might be mildly entertaining enough to justify a written account. And this…is that account.

The Letters
I noticed the S at the bottom of the copyright page of Misery when the book was first released. At the time, I shrugged it off as something I didn’t know about copyright pages, which in retrospect seems reasonable, but also dumb as shit because I did that KNOWING that Paul had said that there was one more thing in Misery that nobody had picked up on yet (post #3219 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20875-Suntup-Press&p=1122274&viewfull=1#post1122274)). That fact will have me figuratively (and sometimes literally) slapping my forehead for the rest of my life. I suppose if I had made the connection back then, the entire contest would have progressed much differently as it would have spanned the release of The Haunting of Hill House, Horns, Rosemary’s Baby, and The Road (assuming nobody guessed it before then), rather than the short 24ish hours before The Road made it through the mail.

https://i.postimg.cc/zDbGMMfV/A5183-BF9-6-DAA-4-CB5-ABD4-0-E082855-C7-D9.jpg

As for the next two letters, I vaguely remember seeing the O and L tucked neatly at the bottom of their respective copyright pages, but they didn’t grab my attention enough for me to completely focus on them. With Hill House, I think the O just had some natural camouflage because it looks very much like a zero, and a zero on its own isn’t out-of-the-ordinary to me (especially not on a copyright page, where I’m always looking for numberlines anyway). And with Horns I had some other stuff going on at the time that was delivered, which was occupying most of my attention.

But with the 4th letter in Rosemary’s Baby, I simply didn’t look at the copyright page when I first leafed through it. I remember flipping right to the illustrations (which are incredible) and then taking a quick peak at the limitation page to make sure it matched my number (OCD satisfied), but then putting it down with the intention of picking it back up later.

The Epiphany
Later happened to be Tuesday, November 12, 2019. I had gotten home from work early and didn't expect my wife for a few hours, so I decided to leaf through a few of my books. I don’t do this nearly as often as I would like, so when it does occur to me and I have the time to do it properly, I really enjoy the experience. Rosemary’s Baby was on my mind, but I started with my Dragon Rebound Firestarter because I just can’t get enough of those wooden boards. From there I moved to my lettered Misery because…well, why not? Handling and smelling that book is akin to a religious experience for me, so I spent some time with it. And when I was through, I picked up Rosemary’s Baby. My intention was to start with it and then cycle through all the Suntup numbered, but I never would have guessed how entertaining that cycle was going to be. I’m not sure where in the book I started, but when I got to the copyright page, I focused in on that L and this time I really saw it: there’s a random L at the bottom of this copyright page. And that was when the other letters that had leached into my subconscious over the months coalesced and popped up to the surface.

Ho-ly shit. There’s a pattern here. If someone made a movie about this moment in my life, this would be where the director would cut in a close-up of my eyes dilating followed by a CGI scene of my heart speeding up crazily. I ‘remembered’ the other letters at that point, but not well enough to be sure of them. So I shakily put down Rosemary’s Baby and picked up Misery. S on that page. Next book? Hill House…which at the time was upstairs in the spare room where I keep most of my collection. I raced upstairs, grabbed it, and brought it back down to my book cabinet.

https://i.postimg.cc/d0N5Sz4x/7579-A153-90-A0-4-F36-B29-C-661-A3222-B1-C1.jpg

I opened it up to the O. Then I moved on to Horns and saw the 3rd letter. SOLL, no doubt about a pattern. However, thinking chronologically, Misery wasn’t the first Suntup publication. The Eyes of the Dragon portfolio and accompanying Palladini book were the first! I double-timed it back upstairs and dug out my EotD and Horns portfolios and the Palladini book. Those copyright pages didn’t have anything notable on them, so I decided it must just be the books starting with Misery…which of course also meant that The Road probably had a letter too. At this point, I mulled over the idea of waiting to say anything until The Road arrived. As I contemplated, I began wondering what the letters meant, so I jumped on my computer and started trying to figure that out. I started with the idea the letters may be Roman numerals, but that didn’t appear to fit. Then I thought maybe a code, like S = 19 because it’s the 19th letter in the alphabet, O = 15, and so on, but that also didn’t pan out. So I moved on to English words that start with SOLL. Not many. Basically, solleret was the only one, and it’s really a French word. Buuuut, a solleret is part of a suit of armor, which fits in with EotD, so back upstairs to the portfolios again! At this point my mad dashes up and down the stairs had become fairly comical because our 2 cats had decided that this must be some sort of game, so they were racing around either following me, fighting each other, or preceding me into my book room or back down to the living room. But it’s also where the ‘element of danger’ I mentioned came into play, because I almost took a serious digger down the stairs at one point when one of my cats jammed his way through my legs as I was descending. How anti-climactic and incredibly lame it would have been for me to take a fatal cat-related fall down the stairs while excitedly investigating my discovery, thus taking it to my stupid fucking grave.

https://i.postimg.cc/fbq0798F/A09-F1-D2-C-975-E-478-F-9359-DF890-C8411-F2.jpg

plotting my demise

Still breathing, though, I went through the EotD portfolio and the Palladini book again looking for a suit of armor picture that might have a clue, but there were no sollerets to be found. So I started thinking about other meanings. I knew that anagrams were a part of the Rosemary’s Baby announcement, but without knowing how many letters there actually were, it seemed relatively pointless to pursue that thread, so I moved to other languages. Embarrassingly, I started with typing ‘what language do they speak in South Africa?’ into Google seeing as how Paul has roots there, but the answer was at least 35, with 10 being official languages, which wasn’t the smoking gun I was looking for. So what next? Latin seemed reasonable, seeing as how it’s the root of a bunch of other languages, so I started doing some searches and bingo, SOL can mean sun in Latin, which is a word that is part of Suntup, so it couldn’t be coincidence. SOLL wasn’t really a word on its own in Latin, so I decided it must be at least 2 words, the first SOL, the second starting with L. Some quick searching revealed the Latin phrase SOL LUCET OMNIBUS, which means ‘the sun shines on everyone.’ That’s it! That must be it! What a cool phrase to slowly roll out with each new book released! And believe it or not, I didn’t even once consider the idea that this was some sort of contest. I figured it was just something cool that Paul was doing, and that people might discover it at some point and enjoy the discovery on their own. So I decided to wait and see if The Road contained a U to confirm my suspicion. As the minutes ticked by, however, it became obvious that I wouldn't be able to wait because I was practically giving off electricity with how excited I was. But I also didn’t want to ruin the surprise for everyone else by posting it in the Suntup thread, so I decided to send Paul a private message. I figured he could tell me about it, but then save the experience of finding it for others by keeping it to myself. Surprisingly, he told me to post it in the Suntup thread. So I did just that and was delighted to find out about the Easter Egg contest! And that I had won something (post #7459 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20875-Suntup-Press&p=1172903&viewfull=1#post1172903))! But…there was no misunderstanding the fact that my guess was wrong. If it had been right, I would have won, and there would be no point in referring to a potential grand prize winner (post #7481 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20875-Suntup-Press&p=1172998&viewfull=1#post1172998)). So back to the drawing board.

Guessing Game
At first, I took Becca’s post to heart (post #7492 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20875-Suntup-Press&p=1173017&viewfull=1#post1173017)). She said we could guess until the we get the right answer, but she also qualified this by saying ‘please don’t inundate us with replies.’ I tried to not inundate. I really did. I only made one or two guesses in the first 12 hours or so, I think. And man, one of those guesses was awesome. I knew I was wrong about SOL LUCET OMNIBUS, but that didn’t mean I was wrong about the use of Latin, so I did some more research. I looked through the Suntup site, the books, the portfolios, the paperweights, and then back at the site, and I started to think that maybe this tied into The Covers Collection somehow, so I looked through those again (I had already looked, but for a solleret before). I stopped at the cover for Different Seasons.

https://i.postimg.cc/fL9fszHq/95-BE4-C8-F-E1-B7-4-BFF-AA82-C1-ED7046-AA20.jpg

There’s a sun featured prominently in the upper left quadrant of the image. And to the right, there’s a moon. LUNA in Latin. What if Paul has embedded the announcement of Suntup’s next Stephen King book within the books he’s publishing? That would be – short and simple - fucking awesome! So maybe SOLL is the first part of SOL LUNA, sun and moon. Then going around the Different Seasons figure, the images look to be of a sun, moon, wind, and a flower. Looking those words up in Latin, and calculating the number of book releases it would take to spell it out, I submitted the guess that the letters were going to spell out SOL LUNA VENTUS FLOS (Latin for sun, moon, wind, and flower), which corresponds to the image on the original cover of Different Seasons, which meant that the 18th book Suntup releases will be a signed limited edition of Different Seasons!

That was wrong, of course, but how sweet would that have been! And I was convinced I was right…at first. But the long period of time where I wasn’t contacted as the winner eroded my confidence. And then the revelation of the Y on the copyright page of The Road confirmed it (post #7533 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20875-Suntup-Press&p=1173180&viewfull=1#post1173180)). And this was when my plan to ‘not inundate’ went awry. And Becca, if you’re reading this, I’m sorry for the inundation, but I couldn’t help it! At the time I was at work in front of a computer, and I couldn’t seem to stop myself from internet searching and guessing and cross-referencing and guessing and searching and guessing and compiling and guessing. And sometimes my guesses were just slight iterations of previous guesses because I wasn’t sure how literal or strict the Suntup team was going to be when evaluating the answers. I made guesses ranging from the obscure (SOLLY is the name of Solly Jossel who was aboard the Ochberg orphan ship with Paul’s grandmother and they were good friends), to the simple, (SOLLY is the name of Paul’s first pet), but I didn’t hit upon the correct answer (although I guessed SOLLY is Paul’s grandfather’s name; so close, yet so far).

But I did make one guess that I was absolutely positive was the correct answer, and I think is worthy of mention. When I thought of it, I was practically floored by how right I was! It was obscure, but not too obscure. It was clever, but not so clever that nobody would ever guess it. It was playful, which fit in with the fact that it was a game. It was perfect, I had it. SOLLY…drum roll please

https://i.postimg.cc/PqcQ0pM8/7-E81-D314-763-A-4194-B0-E0-923-EFF01-D9-A2.jpg

…was the name of the dragon that Paul had busting in through the ceiling of his bookshop from way back in the day! Solomon the Dragon! Solly for short! Something that prominent in your shop had to have a name! And the picture is proudly displayed on the Dragon Rebound website (link (http://dragonrebound.com/about/))! Red numbered Misery in the bag!
Conclusion
Of course, I was wrong about this too. Somewhat embarrassingly, I must admit, considering what the real answer turned out to be (post #7577 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20875-Suntup-Press&p=1173325&viewfull=1#post1173325)). I suppose I got caught up in the game and had imposed my own set of rules upon it, which specified that the answer had to be cleverly misleading; you had to think it was simple, but in fact, it was complex. Unfortunately for me, nothing could have been further from the truth! The answer was simple, elegant, and heartfelt rather than playful; open, honest, and inviting rather than complicated. And finally, it was generous, not just because of the prizes, but also because of the glimpse it offered us behind the scenes of Suntup Editions. Sure, we are kept rapt by the posts and e-mails showing us how these beautiful pieces of literary art are produced, but one simple word, SOLLY, reveals something more fundamental about the Suntup operation: it has a real heart that beats, not just for books, but for humanity. SOLLY pulls aside the curtain and reveals that the wizard is just a person; a good person who - like many of us - cherishes his loved ones and wants to recognize the impact those people have had on his life; to humbly give credit where credit is due. As a person and as a publisher, immortalizing the name of his father in the first 5 books that he publishes accomplishes that quite gracefully. But behind the curtain of Suntup Editions, it is a wizard who would imbue it with magic!

https://i.postimg.cc/q7tjXd8x/0-EFFDD46-B284-4393-BC9-C-5-E67-BE1429-FF.jpg

Solly and Paul

Gratitude
For those that have made it through my long-winded account of the Suntup Easter Egg discovery, I would like to thank you. And I would also like to formally extend my deepest thanks to Paul and the Suntup team for going the extra mile to make collecting books such a goddamn blast! And obviously, for being so generous with the prizes:) From the bottom of my heart, I thank you!

Anthony (aka, Firemonkey66)

Hunchback Jack
11-29-2019, 07:19 PM
What a great story, Anthony. Thanks for taking the time to tell it.

HBJ

Munnecom
11-29-2019, 10:24 PM
That was a great read!

If you had fallen down the stairs - with a random book clutched to your chest and more strewn about your living room - that would have added to the mystery, like you "had an accident" for knowing too much. :scared:

Br!an
11-30-2019, 04:44 AM
Nice!

Patrick
11-30-2019, 06:55 AM
Thanks for sharing!

jeffingoff
11-30-2019, 07:15 AM
What a great addition to Suntup collecting lore! Thank you for sharing.

MikeDuke
11-30-2019, 08:09 AM
"I’ll have to rent an all white tuxedo and top hat! Also I’ll get a walking stick with the Suntup logo carved into a skull in the handle."
Paul, since I walk with a limp anyway, have bad balance, and use a cane, that would be very tempting.

zelig
11-30-2019, 11:08 AM
Thanks for writing that Anthony. You had me laughing out loud with the quest to find the answer. You also really got me with what you wrote in the conclusion part and had more than a few tears after reading it. Anyway... thank you.

Mike, sounds like you could use that Suntup walking stick... Let me see what I can do...

;-)

becca69
11-30-2019, 11:27 AM
Nice story Anthony.

MikeDuke
11-30-2019, 04:42 PM
Thanks for writing that Anthony. You had me laughing out loud with the quest to find the answer. You also really got me with what you wrote in the conclusion part and had more than a few tears after reading it. Anyway... thank you.

Mike, sounds like you could use that Suntup walking stick... Let me see what I can do...

;-)
Thanks Paul. If you could make it so it says Suntup down the front, it would be great. I will send you exact measurements so it's
not to short or tall. How does that sound. :tongue:

MikeDuke
12-02-2019, 06:10 AM
Private pre-orders for the lettered only book begin today and the announcement will be Fri. Excited for those who can get it.

jeffingoff
12-02-2019, 09:42 AM
I'm dying to know what this lettered-only edition is.

Dr. Dawg
12-02-2019, 10:47 AM

... and how many, if any, will make it to public sale...

jeffingoff
12-02-2019, 11:03 AM

Yeah. Though I doubt there will be too many Letter-Holders who pass, considering that this is the only state this book will appear. Not that it matters to me. When it comes to Suntup Lettered Editions, I'm strictly a voyeur.

-Peeping Jeff

MikeDuke
12-02-2019, 11:16 AM
We shall see how many make it. But I will be riding the pine as well.

ICry4Oy
12-02-2019, 11:29 AM

Yeah. Though I doubt there will be too many Letter-Holders who pass, considering that this is the only state this book will appear. Not that it matters to me. When it comes to Suntup Lettered Editions, I'm strictly a voyeur.

-Peeping Jeff

Seriously! Hell, I can't even afford the numbered any more.:fairy:

lotuz
12-02-2019, 11:32 AM
Anthony - apparently I can't give you any more rep at the moment, but that post was quite the read.

Thank you so much for not just sharing your part of the journey, but for taking some time to draw us into the whole process and write it out so well, and with so much detail. It has even further enhanced this amazing experience for me, which has already been just a thrilling ride!

Having already won, it still made my heartbeat quicken to hear about your guesses and how breathtakingly close you were! If not for my fortuitous purchase and perusal of Sunset in the Temple of Olives (for which I now own a signed companion version, of course) I have no doubt that you would have hit the nail square on the head sooner rather than later.

Wow.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share all of that, and with so much detail. The pic of Paul as a kiddo with Solly himself was quite the Hallmark-moment kicker :rose:

MikeDuke
12-02-2019, 11:55 AM
It looks like the numbered cases for Brother has turned green. And it was a great story on how the riddle was solved.

jeffingoff
12-02-2019, 12:28 PM
It looks like the numbered cases for Brother has turned green. And it was a great story on how the riddle was solved.

Took me a bit to figure out that you were referring to the status updates. I was looking for photos of a green slipcase everywhere.

MikeDuke
12-02-2019, 12:37 PM

Took me a bit to figure out that you were referring to the status updates. I was looking for photos of a green slipcase everywhere.
Sorry. I guess I should have been more clear.

jeffingoff
12-02-2019, 12:38 PM
Having both dustjackets of RB is a great idea!

Sorry. I guess I should have been more clear.

Nope that's on me. hahahahaha

zelig
12-02-2019, 01:56 PM
Not a bad idea. I think I'll make them bright green instead.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/slipcase.jpg

Garrell
12-02-2019, 02:21 PM
My favorite color, oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeffingoff
12-02-2019, 02:41 PM
Well, that is a green that makes an impression. Though I suspect that it may be the slipcase for the Suntup edition of King's The Plant!

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-02-2019, 03:03 PM
I'm rooting for Paul publishing THE PLANT.

Hunchback Jack
12-02-2019, 03:39 PM

MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!!!

HBJ

Scoogs
12-02-2019, 04:31 PM

Bound in 100% genuine Muppet skin.

zelig
12-02-2019, 04:53 PM
MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!!!

HBJ

Well, it could be worse.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/case2.jpg

jeffingoff
12-02-2019, 04:55 PM
Actually that would work for Jeff Vandermeer’s DEAD ASTRONAUTS.

webstar1000
12-02-2019, 04:56 PM
MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!!!

HBJ

Well, it could be worse.

I actually like that lol

firemonkey66
12-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Anthony - apparently I can't give you any more rep at the moment, but that post was quite the read.

Thank you so much for not just sharing your part of the journey, but for taking some time to draw us into the whole process and write it out so well, and with so much detail. It has even further enhanced this amazing experience for me, which has already been just a thrilling ride!

Having already won, it still made my heartbeat quicken to hear about your guesses and how breathtakingly close you were! If not for my fortuitous purchase and perusal of Sunset in the Temple of Olives (for which I now own a signed companion version, of course) I have no doubt that you would have hit the nail square on the head sooner rather than later.

Wow.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share all of that, and with so much detail. The pic of Paul as a kiddo with Solly himself was quite the Hallmark-moment kicker :rose:

Thank you, Tim! And thank you to everyone else as well!

I have owned ‘Sunset’ for a while, but never gave the dedication page more than a glance. I shit you not, though, I had made a mental note to go through it when I got home from work the evening the contest ended. At the time, I was thinking about the poems and titles, but I would have looked at the copyright page, and probably would have seen the dedication page at that point. I imagine SOLLY would have jumped out at me. Timing is everything, though:) Congrats again!

Hunchback Jack
12-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Anthony, for the record, all your guesses made way more sense than the guesses I came up with. :lol:

HBJ

Brian861
12-02-2019, 11:09 PM
My favorite color, oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Settle down, Kool-Aid Man.

Well, that is a green that makes an impression. Though I suspect that it may be the slipcase for the Suntup edition of King's The Plant!

Don't even go there!

Patrick
12-02-2019, 11:19 PM
MY EYES!!!! MY EYES!!!!!

HBJ

Well, it could be worse.

I actually like that lol

I would buy that book based on the slipcase alone.

jeffingoff
12-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Here’s the book that’s missing that slipcase. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191204/4a4e48c51bca006dc0ceb82b19e81907.jpg

zelig
12-05-2019, 08:45 PM
You think you're the only guy who can do an unboxing video Jeff!? I received an expected delivery today which begged for an unboxing video. A big surprise, and a BIG thank you to Kris Webster!

You can watch it here (https://vimeo.com/377707462/2318f80ef0).

lotuz
12-05-2019, 09:16 PM
What a pleasure to watch :clap:

I'm pretty sure that scientists have objectively identified that movie as one of the best movies of all time and conclusively determined that people who do not like that movie are dorks. Definitely I read that somewhere.

Man, I love the TDT crew. Awesome folks, all around, they are :)

Munnecom
12-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Great video, Paul!

Your box knife might not be as fancy as the Dragon Lord, but it begs the question: what exactly is Jeff compensating for? :evil:

jeffingoff
12-06-2019, 03:42 AM
It was a great unboxing! My favorite part was seeing the joy on your face after you’ve brought so much joy to us! Thank you for sharing that with us.

And kudos to Kris for such a thoughtful gift!

And obviously Paul doesn’t need a Dragon Lord for protection or compensation!

The Library Policeman
12-06-2019, 03:45 AM
Great video & a great gift! Well done folks!

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-06-2019, 04:54 AM
I zipped thru the video as I have a very limited data package, but it looked good!

webstar1000
12-06-2019, 05:43 AM
It was a great unboxing! My favorite part was seeing the joy on your face after you’ve brought so much joy to us! Thank you for sharing that with us.

And kudos to Kris for such a thoughtful gift!

And obviously Paul doesn’t need a Dragon Lord for protection or compensation!

Thanks, It was something I wanted to do for him since earlier this year. March or April I think. It was made (I think only 2000 done and numbered) in 1992 by Sideshow. They are the best in the statue biz. His FB videos always had the Arnold and Predator Statue.. but I was sure T2 was his fav movie. I wanted him to unbox something and feel what WE ALL FEEL.. opening his boxes to us. I began the search for what I consider (and pretty much everyone else that collects these things) the best Exoskeleton from Terminator movies that was made. The real problem? I needed one unopened!!!!! Well that was hard. I finally found one a few weeks ago. I was talking to Paul and causally CONFIRMED T2 was his fav movie before I pulled the trigger. It was and I pulled said trigger. I was gonna wait until closer to Xmas as it was always for just that... Christmas.. but I could not wait. haha I am so happy he loved it. That video showed me he truly was. Merry Ho Ho Paul and I look forward to seeing him on your desk for future Facebook live videos!!!! Kris

MikeDuke
12-06-2019, 06:02 AM
Awesome vid and awesome gift. The look on your face Paul was priceless and Kris, what can I say. That was a fantastic thing to do. A great idea and a very nice surprise.

firemonkey66
12-06-2019, 09:32 AM
Great video and great gift! T2 was an awesome flick. I went to see it with my dad when it came out and I remember there was a guy dressed up like Arnold that was marching up and down the aisle before the movie started quoting lines and just generally having fun, he was so excited...until the movie attendants kicked him out. We felt bad for the guy; still do actually.

On a side note, I made a guess during the Easter Egg contest that SOLLY is the name of one of the figures on Paul's desk that are visible in his Facebook videos, and I think I referred to (what I now know is) the Terminator as the 'Frankenstein-like' figure. I was waaaaaaay off in multiple ways with that guess:)

kingfan2323
12-06-2019, 09:34 AM
Kris does not fool me for a second. Battleground was an obvious inspiration for this sick ruse.

Send a famous, iconic figure to steal books, proofs, and proprietary secrets. What better to send than a lil mini Terminator?

Exposed!

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House #'ed, RB Gift,
Dead Zone 1st/1st

Patrick
12-06-2019, 09:52 AM
I loved watching Paul’s surprise and excitement in that unboxing video. Nice move, Kris, and a very deserving recipient!

Patrick
12-06-2019, 09:55 AM
How is that no one is here already discussing Suntup Editions’ latest publication announcement?

jeffingoff
12-06-2019, 09:56 AM
What a bold, unexpected choice for the next Suntup release! I applaud the move. Any idea how many will be available tomorrow at the opening of the public presale?

jeffingoff
12-06-2019, 09:57 AM
How is that no one is here already discussing Suntup Editions’ latest publication announcement?

HA, I was writing my comment when yours bubbled up. While it's not a book I would have sought out, I think it's awesome that Paul took it on. And I must say I'm curious to read it now.

Patrick
12-06-2019, 09:57 AM
What a bold, unexpected choice for the next Suntup release! I applaud the move. Any idea how many will be available tomorrow at the opening of the public presale?
I’d bet there will be a slightly higher number than usual since this is so outside the core audience’s preference, but still I’d bet there won’t be many available.

jeffingoff
12-06-2019, 10:00 AM
I’d bet there will be a slightly higher number than usual since this is so outside the core audience’s preference, but still I’d bet there won’t be many available.

Yeah it's outside, BUT since this is the only edition available the aftermarket demand might be higher. So Suntup lettered completists will need this book. And Suntup flippers will want it. Just my sideline speculation.

webstar1000
12-06-2019, 10:03 AM

Yeah it's outside, BUT since this is the only edition available the aftermarket demand might be higher. So Suntup lettered completists will need this book. And Suntup flippers will want it. Just my sideline speculation.

Man there is NOT many (IF any) Suntup letter flippers. There are ones that buy it just to keep thier letter and if not a fan sell but I cannot say I know any lettered flippers.....

MikeDuke
12-06-2019, 10:10 AM
Well, Paul hasn't let us down yet and I doubt this will either.

jeffingoff
12-06-2019, 10:13 AM

Man there is NOT many (IF any) Suntup letter flippers. There are ones that buy it just to keep thier letter and if not a fan sell but I cannot say I know any lettered flippers.....

Ah, well I was thinking mostly of someone who used to be in this forum and is also currently selling a whole group of lettered Sunutps on eBay.

webstar1000
12-06-2019, 10:13 AM

Ah, well I was thinking mostly of someone who used to be in this forum and is also currently selling a whole group of lettered Sunutps on eBay.

Ahhhhhh yes we cannot forget that one.

NiceM
12-06-2019, 10:41 AM

Ahhhhhh yes we cannot forget that one.

That one is selling "L" up until The road because that's where I acquired the rights. The previous owner sold all his "L"'s to the current eBay seller I think. However, from The Road onwards I'm a "completionist" :) And who knows the other "L"'s will find their way back to their brothers and sisters on my shelves ;) On a mission!

firemonkey66
12-06-2019, 10:48 AM

He's not really trying to sell those lettereds for those prices. He lists them like that to show them off and to increase traffic to his eBay store. And in the case of his lettered Misery listing, to rail against TDT.org from the outside.

NiceM
12-06-2019, 10:54 AM

He's not really trying to sell those lettereds for those prices. He lists them like that to show them off and to increase traffic to his eBay store. And in the case of his lettered Misery listing, to rail against TDT.org from the outside.

Wow did't know he had acquired Misery L as well. For 25k I'd rather buy the next numeral Paul makes.

Patrick
12-06-2019, 11:01 AM
I wish you the best in the future on your quest for the past editions of the Suntup “L.” Hopefully they’ll be offered at more rational prices someday.

Patrick
12-06-2019, 11:06 AM
Question for Paul regarding BRIDGES: Is there a possibility of a future Suntup numbered and/or artist gift edition of this book?

jeffingoff
12-06-2019, 11:17 AM
That one is selling "L" up until The road because that's where I acquired the rights. The previous owner sold all his "L"'s to the current eBay seller I think. However, from The Road onwards I'm a "completionist" :) And who knows the other "L"'s will find their way back to their brothers and sisters on my shelves ;) On a mission!

He's also selling all the non-King Y lettered editions with rights to the next lettered (though he doesn't mention Bridges in his listing).

I just read the listing for Misery. I hope potential customers see that for what it is--an unhinged rant. holy shit.

zelig
12-06-2019, 11:32 AM
Question for Paul regarding BRIDGES: Is there a possibility of a future Suntup numbered and/or artist gift edition of this book?

Hi Patrick, no there will not be any other editions of this one.

Patrick
12-06-2019, 11:37 AM

Hi Patrick, no there will not be any other editions of this one.
Thanks, Paul. Truly exclusive for you Lettered holders!

zelig
12-06-2019, 11:38 AM
By the way, I received another gift yesterday but it arrived AFTER the T-800 Endoskeleton. I left them on the table beside it, and when I came back look what he did. Despite the chaos, the cupcakes are delicious. Thank you becca69!!!

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/IMG_9498.jpg

Br!an
12-06-2019, 11:49 AM

:flip2:

MikeDuke
12-06-2019, 11:54 AM
By the way, I received another gift yesterday but it arrived AFTER the T-800 Endoskeleton. I left them on the table beside it, and when I came back look what he did. Despite the chaos, the cupcakes are delicious. Thank you becca69!!!

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/IMG_9498.jpg
I always go by the floor rule Paul. Since none of them look liked they were on the floor, that's a package full of goodness there.

Garrell
12-06-2019, 12:42 PM
10 hour rule....

Munnecom
12-06-2019, 12:48 PM

He's also selling all the non-King Y lettered editions with rights to the next lettered (though he doesn't mention Bridges in his listing).

I just read the listing for Misery. I hope potential customers see that for what it is--an unhinged rant. holy shit.

I can’t find that listing; do you have a link?

BadHatHarry
12-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Another Bridges question - this edition has no effect on rights to future numbered editions, correct?

jeffingoff
12-06-2019, 12:51 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntup-Press-Lettered-Editions-Set-New-With-Rights-Haunting-of-Hill-House-Horns/303385434952?hash=item46a32e5b48:g:EwIAAOSwYPJd4yH k

jeffingoff
12-06-2019, 12:54 PM

Unless you were asking about MISERY? if so: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntup-Press-Misery-SIGNED-by-STEPHEN-KING-New-Lettered-Edition-Rights-1-26/303380115237?hash=item46a2dd2f25:g:IeoAAOSwkmZdZ8Z r

NiceM
12-06-2019, 12:55 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntup-Press-Lettered-Editions-Set-New-With-Rights-Haunting-of-Hill-House-Horns/303385434952?hash=item46a32e5b48:g:EwIAAOSwYPJd4yH k

You have to use EBay.com instead of localized website

NiceM
12-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Another Bridges question - this edition has no effect on rights to future numbered editions, correct?

I believe rights are attached to every last edition. Maybe I missed something on Bridges but I assume Bridges holds rights to the next lettered book. Paul or Becca will enlighten us for sure.

Munnecom
12-06-2019, 01:45 PM

Unless you were asking about MISERY? if so: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suntup-Press-Misery-SIGNED-by-STEPHEN-KING-New-Lettered-Edition-Rights-1-26/303380115237?hash=item46a2dd2f25:g:IeoAAOSwkmZdZ8Z r

That’s the one, thanks.

Also: wow! I didn’t really have a problem with the guy before, but this is some next-level BS. What an ass.

jeffingoff
12-06-2019, 01:48 PM
That’s the one, thanks.

Also: wow! I didn’t really have a problem with the guy before, but this is some next-level BS. What an ass.

Yeah, it's a classic example of showing one's true colors.

becca69
12-06-2019, 02:17 PM

I believe rights are attached to every last edition. Maybe I missed something on Bridges but I assume Bridges holds rights to the next lettered book. Paul or Becca will enlighten us for sure.

Yes that is correct. In this case, rights only pertain to the next Lettered edition announced. Owners of the Numbered The Time Machine will be able to match to the next Numbered book announced.

Ben Mears
12-06-2019, 02:52 PM

Yippee...shipping is free!

firemonkey66
12-06-2019, 07:32 PM

I think a serious buyer would be turned off by it, especially one that doesn’t know any of the background. That’s not the type of thing you want to read before paying 25K to a stranger.

BadHatHarry
12-09-2019, 05:35 AM

Yes that is correct. In this case, rights only pertain to the next Lettered edition announced. Owners of the Numbered The Time Machine will be able to match to the next Numbered book announced.

Awesome, thanks!

webstar1000
12-09-2019, 06:31 AM

I think a serious buyer would be turned off by it, especially one that doesn’t know any of the background. That’s not the type of thing you want to read before paying 25K to a stranger.

I have to agree. It would really make me think a bit before handing over all the cash...

Hunchback Jack
12-09-2019, 07:07 AM
That is the oddest listing for a book I've ever read. I mean, regardless of the validity of the points the seller is trying to make, an ebay listing doesn't seem the right time or place. He comes across as someone with an axe to grind, not a book to sell.

HBJ

cit74
12-09-2019, 07:29 AM
I just wanna know if I am the "Chad" referred to in the description...does that mean I am famus? I meant famous - apparently I cannot spell either - if indeed I am that Chad - or is it a hanging Chad? Seriously I have no idea what that rant was about

webstar1000
12-09-2019, 07:31 AM
I just wanna know if I am the "Chad" referred to in the description...does that mean I am famus? I meant famous - apparently I cannot spell either - if indeed I am that Chad - or is it a hanging Chad? Seriously I have no idea what that rant was about

Chad (Honkeytonk) he was a member here but quit collecting because of that piece of shit. Fuck Brooke and the horse he rode in on. He better hope he doesn’t run into me in a dark alley.

jeffingoff
12-09-2019, 07:35 AM
I keep checking the listing to see if he's going to update it in response to this conversation. I forgot the bro's name, but: Hey bro, update your listing if you can read this! Let us know if you need help! Attack my unboxing videos and make me famous the way Kanye made Taylor Swift famous. I'd like to monetize my channel. Thanks in advance!

firemonkey66
12-09-2019, 08:30 AM

Chad (Honkeytonk) he was a member here but quit collecting because of that piece of shit. Fuck Brooke and the horse he rode in on. He better hope he doesn’t run into me in a dark alley.

Chad quit collecting? That sucks. Did he sell his collection? I was just wondering about him the other day, I haven’t seen him post here in quite a while.

webstar1000
12-09-2019, 09:15 AM

Chad quit collecting? That sucks. Did he sell his collection? I was just wondering about him the other day, I haven’t seen him post here in quite a while.

A portion yes. On the Rare King FB group. There are other factors but that guy is the bulk of it. It’s too bad cause he was one of the good ones....

amd013
12-09-2019, 09:21 AM

I have to agree. It would really make me think a bit before handing over all the cash...

Or looking at his other items ....

jeffingoff
12-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Question for Paul: as a dumbass who didn't buy the HG Wells set and instead bought The Time Machine individually, will there be an opportunity to remedy that mistake (perhaps when The Invisible Man is open for preorder) and buy the next two bundled together?

zelig
12-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Question for Paul: as a dumbass who didn't buy the HG Wells set and instead bought The Time Machine individually, will there be an opportunity to remedy that mistake (perhaps when The Invisible Man is open for preorder) and buy the next two bundled together?

Sort of. You would need to wait for The Invisible Man to be announced and then order a copy. But you won't be able to order The War of the Worlds a the same time. You would have to wait for that one to be released. Also, if you'd want early access to either, you'd need to have purchased the book that will be released just before each of those. So these last two books, for those who did not purchase the set up front, are considered individual releases just like any of the other releases. Hope that all makes sense.

jeffingoff
12-09-2019, 03:17 PM

Sort of. You would need to wait for The Invisible Man to be announced and then order a copy. But you won't be able to order The War of the Worlds a the same time. You would have to wait for that one to be released. Also, if you'd want early access to either, you'd need to have purchased the book that will be released just before each of those. So these last two books, for those who did not purchase the set up front, are considered individual releases just like any of the other releases. Hope that all makes sense.

Yep. Makes sense. I figured that’s the way it’d play out now that TTM is buttoned up and sold out. Thanks for the clarity!

Munnecom
12-09-2019, 03:31 PM
Is there any chance you'll do The Island of Doctor Moreau at some point, or is that completely out of the question?

zelig
12-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Is there any chance you'll do The Island of Doctor Moreau at some point, or is that completely out of the question?

It's not out of the question. I'll bring it up at the next board meeting with the executive committee and shareholders and see what they all think.

kingfan2323
12-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Ok. . I gotta know! Suntup books go with the respective authors or section or you have a SUNTUP Section of your collection?

Enquiring minds and all that. Ha!

Dead Zone 1st/1st

jeffingoff
12-09-2019, 07:04 PM
Suntups by themselves.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191210/41a5e8c9ed7fadd622a0b72974de4522.jpg

Kingfan24
12-09-2019, 07:23 PM

How did he make him stop collecting?

kingfan2323
12-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Suntups by themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat looks really good. Congrats on that stack of goodness!

Dead Zone 1st/1st

jeffingoff
12-09-2019, 08:22 PM
Suntups by themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat looks really good. Congrats on that stack of goodness!

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Thank you. I watch that shelf more than Netflix.

kingfan2323
12-09-2019, 08:53 PM
Suntups by themselves.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Thank you. I watch that shelf more than Netflix.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat's fuckin funny. Remember someone mentioned it, but good call on displaying two RB gift editions. Nice idea.

I am looking for one if anyone can reach out.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Hunchback Jack
12-09-2019, 10:35 PM
I JUST reorganized my shelves to put all the Suntup together (sans Misery S/L, which is still with my other King S/Ls)

Doesn’t look as nice as Jeff’s, tho.

HBJ

kingfan2323
12-09-2019, 10:51 PM
I JUST reorganized my shelves to put all the Suntup together (sans Misery S/L, which is still with my other King S/Ls)

HBJThat's funny you mentioned Misery. Was going to ask about that. Gotta be with the Kings I would imagine.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Munnecom
12-09-2019, 11:34 PM

It's not out of the question. I'll bring it up at the next board meeting with the executive committee and shareholders and see what they all think.

:dance:

Munnecom
12-10-2019, 12:48 AM
Here’s my setup.

https://8ovysa.db.files.1drv.com/y4mQ03biVe_XtrLwidR8Z5eCbsV6OrueUv-GNHQCQX8q6_PH-oQ9FzOcUZ0-kcTH6DkDN3qeIQ-VjJXfgtfFEmaIbfNC6vLKxIbp1CTB5ENbu9U3SK2ZUxPQf3QOT KCSRslJjYDq3mtNkkvmuqmt9_R_h-UWOzd8JJa7VoluPCEP-bev1SLf44mE4YT8Fo0EDBOS1DvK8L4-7v-rCS1dIYYlw?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

kingfan2323
12-10-2019, 01:38 AM
Here’s my setup.

https://8ovysa.db.files.1drv.com/y4mQ03biVe_XtrLwidR8Z5eCbsV6OrueUv-GNHQCQX8q6_PH-oQ9FzOcUZ0-kcTH6DkDN3qeIQ-VjJXfgtfFEmaIbfNC6vLKxIbp1CTB5ENbu9U3SK2ZUxPQf3QOT KCSRslJjYDq3mtNkkvmuqmt9_R_h-UWOzd8JJa7VoluPCEP-bev1SLf44mE4YT8Fo0EDBOS1DvK8L4-7v-rCS1dIYYlw?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=noneNice set up! Like the "boutique" look.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

jeffingoff
12-10-2019, 05:56 AM
Here’s my setup.

https://8ovysa.db.files.1drv.com/y4mQ03biVe_XtrLwidR8Z5eCbsV6OrueUv-GNHQCQX8q6_PH-oQ9FzOcUZ0-kcTH6DkDN3qeIQ-VjJXfgtfFEmaIbfNC6vLKxIbp1CTB5ENbu9U3SK2ZUxPQf3QOT KCSRslJjYDq3mtNkkvmuqmt9_R_h-UWOzd8JJa7VoluPCEP-bev1SLf44mE4YT8Fo0EDBOS1DvK8L4-7v-rCS1dIYYlw?width=1024&height=576&cropmode=none

I so wish I had the space to display my books like that. Looks awesome!

jeffingoff
12-10-2019, 06:01 AM

HBJ

I’m sure it does. Probably looks exactly like the Jeffingoff Suntup VIP Lounge.

jeffingoff
12-10-2019, 06:03 AM
Here’s my setup.

Also, love the SST shelf below the Suntups. As far as my recent purchases go, it’s been mostly Suntup, SST, and Borderlands Little Books and I’m very ok with that.

Munnecom
12-10-2019, 06:35 AM
Yeah, Paul is doing some amazing things. Must be the name...

amd013
12-10-2019, 09:04 AM

:dance:

While you are on the subject, maybe you can discuss "The First men in the moon". I have only read 4 HG Wells novels, and this is my favorite. (Time Machine, Food of the Gods, War of the Worlds are the others)

Garrell
12-10-2019, 12:17 PM
Here’s my setup.

Also, love the SST shelf below the Suntups. As far as my recent purchases go, it’s been mostly Suntup, SST, and Borderlands Little Books and I’m very ok with that.

Very nice, I also spy a Goblin!!!!

jeffingoff
12-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Very nice, I also spy a Goblin!!!!

YEAH this bookcase is very similar to my bookcase. I'm going to have to go home and count books.

Also, I'm waiting for Paul to announce that he's doing INSPECTION by Malerman. It'll be in a traycase that can open from each side like two towers that mirror each other. I'm just over here waiting. Like Huell Babineaux.

Munnecom
12-10-2019, 03:00 PM
If you look carefully, you can see A Little Red Book of Requests atop Goblin and the SST books.

I got into Malerman largely because of the rants in your videos, Jeff, so I hope he delivers. Now if someone has a reasonably priced Bird Box S/L for sale...

jeffingoff
12-10-2019, 03:35 PM
If you look carefully, you can see A Little Red Book of Requests atop Goblin and the SST books.

I got into Malerman largely because of the rants in your videos, Jeff, so I hope he delivers. Now if someone has a reasonably priced Bird Box S/L for sale...

Oh boy. The Little Red Book is panned by almost everyone. I really enjoyed it but even I had to admit that each of the three stories in it was unfinished.

I think his best book to date is On This the Day of the Pig. Followed by INSPECTION. Then GOBLIN.

Garrell
12-10-2019, 04:46 PM
Goblin is the only one I am missing :frown:

jeffingoff
12-11-2019, 05:17 AM
Goblin is the only one I am missing :frown:

I don’t know if this helps (considering we’re in a collector’s forum) but if you’re looking to just read Goblin, Del Ray is going to release it as a trade edition along with On This the Day of the Pig.

kingfan2323
12-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Prediction for the Jan. 18th announcement.
"A New York Times bestselling novel which heavily influenced the crime and horror genre"

Red Dragon???

looking 4: The Road #208, anything DT#246, Dead Zone 1st/1st

MikeDuke
12-11-2019, 11:48 AM
Pretty excited to see what the two books are.

FlyerPhan0826
12-11-2019, 12:04 PM
I'm trying to make that description fit my wish for Fight Club but I dont think it works :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Munnecom
12-11-2019, 12:08 PM
Prediction for the Jan. 18th announcement.
"A New York Times bestselling novel which heavily influenced the crime and horror genre"

Red Dragon???

My first guess was The Silence if the Lambs. However, Paul also wrote it is a much-requested title. That makes me think of Let the Right One In, but is that a crime story?

NiceM
12-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Red dragon was my first thought

Brian861
12-11-2019, 05:40 PM
I'm trying to make that description fit my wish for Fight Club but I dont think it works :)

It was thinking that as well since it seemed to have got a lot of press here. No clue about the 2nd book of 2020. Next year, I'm really hoping Paul is able to land the one I've bugged him about several times :)

Garrell
12-12-2019, 09:46 AM
Sent Paul an email for the broadside. I have 3 different numbers ordered but haven't got them since they haven't shipped yet. Hence I can't fill out form without my number

Nevermind, figured it out. order numbers not book numbers :)

jeffingoff
12-12-2019, 09:49 AM
Paul this is all so wonderful! Above and beyond!

Hunchback Jack
12-12-2019, 09:56 AM
Very generous gift, Paul! Thank you!

FlyerPhan0826
12-12-2019, 10:14 AM
What and absolutely incredible thing to do!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

webstar1000
12-12-2019, 10:22 AM
That is super cool!

swintek
12-12-2019, 10:25 AM
So very classy! Thanks, Paul. You're a cool dude, indeed.

vincent
12-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Really wonderful gesture, Paul, thank you very much!

WeDealInLead
12-12-2019, 10:32 AM
Is this just for direct customers?

kingfan2323
12-12-2019, 10:55 AM
Good example of raising the bar that has ZERO to do with book quality or price point. Hitting deadlines and "little" things like this are all part of it. Nice idea!

firemonkey66
12-12-2019, 10:56 AM
Nice, I love free stuff! Thank you Paul and Suntup Editions! I dug up my very first order number for the submission, March 17, 2017 for the lettered EoTD portfolio. Very nostalgic:)

zelig
12-12-2019, 11:05 AM

Do you mean if you ordered from a dealer or other publisher? If you have placed any order direct with SE then provide that order #. If you have not, and ordered from another publisher or dealer who carries our books, then I will also offer it to those people. You will need to ask the dealer to get in touch with me and provide me with your order # with them.

Nice, I love free stuff! Thank you Paul and Suntup Editions! I dug up my very first order number for the submission, March 17, 2017 for the lettered EoTD portfolio. Very nostalgic:)

Good one! I like it.

jeffingoff
12-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Good example of raising the bar that has ZERO to do with book quality or price point. Hitting deadlines and "little" things like this are all part of it. Nice idea!

Exactly! We're all very patient people, book collectors have to be, but hitting the deadlines goes a long way with this community. It does so much to build trust. And then to get a THANK YOU on top of that? It's just exceptional.

I did too! Mine was for the Misery AGE. Seemed like a fitting order to submit.

Brian861
12-12-2019, 12:01 PM

I couldn't agree more, Bryan! In a era of money grabs, excuses, and extended delays, this is so refreshing. Paul has chosen to do one thing and do it well. Who else is doing this? No one. Huge thanks, Paul for the very generous gift. I'd say the stars are the limit for you, my friend but that would be laughable :)

I'm also a huge fan of the preorder window being reduced to 48 hours.

WeDealInLead
12-12-2019, 12:22 PM

Do you mean if you ordered from a dealer or other publisher? If you have placed any order direct with SE then provide that order #. If you have not, and ordered from another publisher or dealer who carries our books, then I will also offer it to those people. You will need to ask the dealer to get in touch with me and provide me with your order # with them.

Good one! I like it.

Thanks. I'd like to get that print but I don't want to ask Kim to go through tens of thousands of emails just before Christmas and then email you on my behalf.

She probably would do it but I'd personally feel rotten. Thanks for the quick response.

zelig
12-12-2019, 12:37 PM

Good one! I like it.

Thanks. I'd like to get that print but I don't want to ask Kim to go through tens of thousands of emails just before Christmas and then email you on my behalf.

She probably would do it but I'd personally feel rotten. Thanks for the quick response.

I've had several questions of this nature, which I had not considered right out of the gate. So I have modified the form to account for this. You don't need to ask Kim or any other 3rd party. The form allows you to respond to a YES or NO question as to where you bought the item. If it was not SE, then a field will display for the name of where you bought it, and also an upload button to upload a screenshot of your receipt or order confirmation. That's the only way it will work for me, and it will potentially avoid the need to contact dealers, who as you say are already busy with their own stuff.

MikeDuke
12-12-2019, 12:42 PM
Finally got to see the video. It was fantastic of course. Early release of Brother is awesome. Giving out that free item is just fantastic. I am so excited for 2020. You're a great person Paul.

Br!an
12-12-2019, 12:51 PM
Sweet! Thanks, Paul.

Nice solve for the 3rd party buyers. :thumbsup:

WeDealInLead
12-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Awesome. Thanks.

amd013
12-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Thanks Paul! I haven't read The Road yet, and with the huge backlog of books to read, it could be years before I read it. So just curious if the excerpt on the broadside would be a spoiler if I read it first.

MikeDuke
12-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Down to 5 Horns portfolios. I think it was 15 or 16 when the day started and I wanted to wait for the warning update. Well, this is it.

Aremag
12-12-2019, 01:33 PM
Thanks Paul! As a newcomer to Suntup Press I kick myself for missing out on the sold out stuff but look forward to what you have in store for the future. I also need to order that Brother before I kick myself for missing that.

Munnecom
12-12-2019, 01:38 PM
Thanks Paul! I haven't read The Road yet, and with the huge backlog of books to read, it could be years before I read it. So just curious if the excerpt on the broadside would be a spoiler if I read it first.

I just read the passage myself. It's absolutely not a spoiler, so go ahead and read it (or be like me and read it and then read it again and again because me and poetry and metaphor and all that stuff do not get along and I feel terribly dense because I'm not sure if I get it and Google isn't being helpful and gaaah!)

Just avoid looking at the two or three paragraphs preceding the last paragraph, since those do spoil the characters' fates.

MikeDuke
12-12-2019, 01:42 PM
Thanks Paul! As a newcomer to Suntup Press I kick myself for missing out on the sold out stuff but look forward to what you have in store for the future. I also need to order that Brother before I kick myself for missing that.
There are 126 Brother left so you don't have to rush with that one. But, if you can somehow afford it, I would try my hardest to get I am Legend. There are only 21 of those left. Pay it off over time if you have to. But I would try really hard to get that one as well. And I sort of know how you feel. I missed out on the first book and said never again. And they may not match, but some of his books end up on eBay, at an increased price of course. It won't be matching numbers, and again I don't know you budget. Just putting it out there

Munnecom
12-12-2019, 01:43 PM
One of these days, Paul is going to forget to switch off his camera after one of these videos and then we'll know aaaaaall his secrets. :evil:

jeffingoff
12-12-2019, 01:48 PM

I just read the passage myself. It's absolutely not a spoiler, so go ahead and read it (or be like me and read it and then read it again and again because me and poetry and metaphor and all that stuff do not get along and I feel terribly dense because I'm not sure if I get it and Google isn't being helpful and gaaah!)

Just avoid looking at the two or three paragraphs preceding the last paragraph, since those do spoil the characters' fates.

WE CARRY THE FIRE!!

I'm going to re-read the living hell out of that paragraph when i get home. I'll probably have to re-read the whole book after that. Brilliant brutal beautiful novel. It puts you on a hook and it never lets you off. I'm still dangling there.

I'd be beyond myself sick had I missed out on Suntup's edition of The Road. That's why I try not to look at pics of the numbered Misery. Though I just rub the AGE of Misery against my beard and the pain usually recedes. I also take two eyefuls of the numbered Rosemary's Baby to wash away the rage. WHY WOULDN'T CHROME WORK? WHY WASN'T I FASTER? I'm getting all worked up. Looks like I'll have to pull out all the stops and wear my Horns, Hill House, and Brother ARC helmet.

Hunchback Jack
12-12-2019, 01:52 PM

I did the same! Misery S/L for me - on what I now consider one of the luckiest April mornings of my life.

ETA: Oops, sorry Jeff, I didn't mean to rub it in! I didn't see your post just above mine.

HBJ

jeffingoff
12-12-2019, 01:53 PM
One of these days, Paul is going to forget to switch off his camera after one of these videos and then we'll know aaaaaall his secrets. :evil:

Shhhhhhhh. We need him to not consider such things.

Though to be honest, I prefer the not knowing: it leads to the anticipation and ultimately the elation.

zelig
12-12-2019, 02:06 PM
You're welcome for the gift everyone... My pleasure.

No, I don't feel it would spoil anything. It's singular in scope in my opinion.

Welcome newcomer! Brother awaits!

jeffingoff
12-12-2019, 02:12 PM
ETA: Oops, sorry Jeff, I didn't mean to rub it in! I didn't see your post just above mine.

HBJ

Hahaha no worries! Had I been faster on the draw or used a different browser I'd be saying the same thing. It was a crazy morning once that presale window opened. And a lot of really great people here and over at the CD Forum got a really great book. I honestly find comfort in that. And I've since been a very lucky guy myself with some real beauties on my shelf--so no complaints here.

Munnecom
12-12-2019, 02:17 PM
You could always get one on the secondary market. What do you need two kidneys for, anyway?

jeffingoff
12-12-2019, 02:22 PM
You could always get one on the secondary market. What do you need two kidneys for, anyway?

With the way I spent my 20's, my kidneys combined wouldn't get me a 4th printing of Revival--in paperback. There's no hope to be found on the Misery front. However, I will lose my goddamned mind for good if Paul announces another King book and I fail to snag a numbered. I'm holding out hope that since the print run expanded from 185 to 250 since Misery was published, I'll have a decent shot at whatever it might be.

MikeDuke
12-12-2019, 04:50 PM
I am with you Jeff. No need to rip the band aid again, but I should have know better from the start. But we are in there now and that is what counts. And I am with you if Paul announces another King book. But I
put that in the back of my mind now and just focus on what I can get.

Garrell
12-12-2019, 04:58 PM
I am with you Jeff. No need to rip the band aid again, but I should have know better from the start. But we are in there now and that is what counts. And I am with you if Paul announces another King book. But I
put that in the back of my mind now and just focus on what I can get.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aremag
12-12-2019, 05:27 PM
There are 126 Brother left so you don't have to rush with that one. But, if you can somehow afford it, I would try my hardest to get I am Legend. There are only 21 of those left. Pay it off over time if you have to. But I would try really hard to get that one as well. And I sort of know how you feel. I missed out on the first book and said never again. And they may not match, but some of his books end up on eBay, at an increased price of course. It won't be matching numbers, and again I don't know you budget. Just putting it out there

I did buy the I Am Legend GE. Too many bills to pay at the moment to jump on the numbered train which is why even though the Brother is an affordable enough edition, I've had to hold off for the moment.

shaq
12-13-2019, 03:55 AM
Paul, your gift is very kind thank you, just submitted my details, and hopefully all ok with that.

I am going to put the next in spoilers, although the ending not discussed in great detail, thought it would be safer in case it does spoil

I just re-read the last paragraph as I did not particularly pay much attention following the boy saying goodbye to his father.

It got to me so much, and literally was in tears for myself, having lost Pops 3 years ago and Mum last Christmas. It just resonated with me so much, the boys loss, and literally the words that followed passed me by. A very hard read indeed.

I do not avoid grief entirely, as it isn't healthy to do so, but I read to get away from it and this just threw me right in there with a vengeance.

The following words are so well written and like you say, deserves the attention you are giving them.

Thanks to you for your kindness you show to the collecting community, and for introducing me to books that I may not have considered reading.

Happy holidays.

MikeDuke
12-13-2019, 05:59 AM

I did buy the I Am Legend GE. Too many bills to pay at the moment to jump on the numbered train which is why even though the Brother is an affordable enough edition, I've had to hold off for the moment.
Understood. Hopefully there will some IAL left if you are ever in a place where you can get it. But, again, congrats on Brother. And being on the numbered train.

zelig
12-13-2019, 02:00 PM
http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/IMG_4038.jpeg

jeffingoff
12-13-2019, 02:02 PM

Ummm what’s that?

jeffingoff
12-13-2019, 02:04 PM
I mean, all the RBs are out.

Joe315
12-13-2019, 02:21 PM
I see there are 27. Can I have that extra one?

M_O_O_N
12-13-2019, 02:33 PM
I'm more curious about the orange rail. 5 1/2" base?

jeffingoff
12-13-2019, 02:36 PM
Hahaha never mind my earlier posts. I’m a dumbass

MikeDuke
12-13-2019, 02:44 PM
Cases look great. I can't wait to see the lettered in the wild.

firemonkey66
12-13-2019, 03:33 PM

Yes!!!

Patrick
12-13-2019, 09:55 PM

Bumping this so it doesn’t get lost in all the excitement about the broadside. PLEASE do this book, Paul!

The broadside is going to be super cool and is such a wonderful gift to your customers. I’m excited to see the finished product. (Like some others, I dug up the earliest Suntup order number I could find from 2017.)

Munnecom
12-17-2019, 05:35 AM
Love your new video, Jeff. As soon as you mentioned the broadside, I realised that you didn’t actually know what was inside the box.

jeffingoff
12-17-2019, 05:47 AM
Love your new video, Jeff. As soon as you mentioned the broadside, I realised that you didn’t actually know what was inside the box.

Thank you!! Yeah I had no idea what to think and the only thing I considered incoming was Brother and the broadside. But it wasn’t a box for the book and it was way too heavy for a single sheet of letterpress printing. I just assumed Paul overdelivered and had the broadside framed for everyone!!

Well I don’t know who made the gift to me (Paul already declared “not me”) so I don’t know who to thank. But that’s fitting since I don’t know how to thank whoever did this. It’s amazing. THANK YOU! It completes my set and buries a regret. It just ties the whole collection together like the Dude’s rug. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

zelig
12-17-2019, 06:01 AM

Thank you!! Yeah I had no idea what to think and the only thing I considered incoming was Brother and the broadside. But it wasn’t a box for the book and it was way too heavy for a single sheet of letterpress printing. I just assumed Paul overdelivered and had the broadside framed for everyone!!

Well I don’t know who made the gift to me (Paul already declared “not me”) so I don’t know who to thank. But that’s fitting since I don’t know how to thank whoever did this. It’s amazing. THANK YOU! It completes my set and buries a regret. It just ties the whole collection together like the Dude’s rug. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

The Dude abides.

webstar1000
12-17-2019, 06:06 AM

What did I miss?

MikeDuke
12-17-2019, 06:06 AM

What video Jeff?
Link?

jeffingoff
12-17-2019, 06:08 AM

What did I miss?

Sorry! Here’s the link to the video. Essentially I was gifted the Horns Portfolio and it’s mind blowingly awesome of someone here I’m sure!

http://youtu.be/zlVei9XBhY4

MikeDuke
12-17-2019, 06:16 AM
So glad you got one Jeff. Very happy for you. It a great gift to get from somebody.

Patrick
12-17-2019, 06:32 AM
Great video watching the surprise. Congratulations, Jeff! Nice move, anonymous donor!

Br!an
12-17-2019, 06:34 AM
Whoa! Very cool!

Brian861
12-17-2019, 09:06 AM

I'm telling ya, bro. Keeping putting out all those good vibes and goodness comes back to you. Congrats!

MikeDuke
12-17-2019, 10:25 AM
4 left of the portfolio. When they are gone, they are gone.

zelig
12-17-2019, 11:18 AM
4 left of the portfolio. When they are gone, they are gone.

I have one additional which has a dinged corner on the case. Here's a coupon code for 30% off: HORNSDING (Very original, I know.)

jeffingoff
12-18-2019, 08:54 AM
The Dude abides.

He certainly does.

So glad you got one Jeff. Very happy for you. It a great gift to get from somebody.

Thank you! It's a wonderful addition to my Suntup collection!

Great video watching the surprise. Congratulations, Jeff! Nice move, anonymous donor!

Thank you!

Whoa! Very cool!

Thank you!

I'm telling ya, bro. Keeping putting out all those good vibes and goodness comes back to you. Congrats!

Thank you!

kingfan2323
12-18-2019, 09:36 AM
Quick Fyi- posted some matching numbered for sale: OTHER COLLECTIBLE AUTHORS CLASSIFIED

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

cit74
12-18-2019, 11:30 AM
Just got a new baby in the mail...guess I need to open it today

jeffingoff
12-18-2019, 11:32 AM

:drool:

MikeDuke
12-18-2019, 11:36 AM
Pics. We need pics.

MikeDuke
12-18-2019, 11:41 AM
There is a little truck next to the Brother number and limited. I guess that means real soon we should be getting emails :excited:.

Brian861
12-18-2019, 12:56 PM
There is a little truck next to the Brother number and limited. I guess that means real soon we should be getting emails :excited:.

Received the email ensuring my mailing address was correct. Shouldn't be long now.

Br!an
12-18-2019, 01:43 PM
Brother shipping notice!

sullichin
12-18-2019, 01:54 PM
My Brother is preparing to ship as well, can't wait!

kingfan2323
12-18-2019, 02:56 PM
Suntup strikes again with releasing books in a timely fashion. Also ordered an art portfolio and mailed off the very next day. Huge for credibility and making customers happy. Refreshing and much appreciated.

kingfan2323
12-18-2019, 03:33 PM
Should go nicely with her Suntup Edition!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191218/55b73497ac61b24d574086cb1622b6be.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191218/a76c17e6fc5e07275ab3e16fde866a74.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191218/a6b1fe88df0aacf4104ce654d0814c91.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191218/c2c8e1c2faff9ba3c1ffb210e481332e.jpg

amd013
12-18-2019, 03:57 PM
Several months ago there was talk about Paul doing a Calvin and Hobbes book, and I think Paul contacted Bill Waterson. Based on this click bait article, I think the chances are unfortunately between nil and none.:

https://www.ranker.com/list/calvin-and-hobbes-trivia/jordan-love?format=slideshow&slide=1

Regardless, it is an interesting read.

MikeDuke
12-18-2019, 04:36 PM
Hopefully tomorrow I will have that wonderful email in my inbox.

MikeDuke
12-19-2019, 05:53 AM
YAY. Shipment email this morning.

NiceM
12-19-2019, 02:43 PM
Brother en route ! Thanks suntup team!

zelig
12-19-2019, 07:08 PM
What a day... been shipping Brother since 5am, and then one of the carriers dropped the ball and didn't show to pick up the packages. Had to make two trips of about 100 boxes each (stuffed into my car) to drop them off. Anyway, Brother is now shipped. Every last stick.

jeffingoff
12-19-2019, 07:15 PM
What a day... been shipping Brother since 5am, and then one of the carriers dropped the ball and didn't show to pick up the packages. Had to make two trips of about 100 boxes each (stuffed into my car) to drop them off. Anyway, Brother is now shipped. Every last stick.

Unbelievable! And thank you!

Aremag
12-19-2019, 07:33 PM

Oh no...will you up to shipping out The Brother I order tomorrow? :panic:

zelig
12-19-2019, 08:00 PM
Yes that’s easy. In stock items usually ship same day.

kingfan2323
12-19-2019, 08:05 PM
What a day... been shipping Brother since 5am, and then one of the carriers dropped the ball and didn't show to pick up the packages. Had to make two trips of about 100 boxes each (stuffed into my car) to drop them off. Anyway, Brother is now shipped. Every last stick.That is so badass! Thanks!

seeking: anything DT #246, Strange Weather (CD)

Alec
12-19-2019, 09:30 PM
Paul’s service and commitment, as we all know, are second to none.
I do not ever see the day when he will be fielding questions explaining why books have not shipped, or why customers are waiting months for product!!

kingfan2323
12-19-2019, 10:21 PM
Paul’s service and commitment, as we all know, are second to none.
I do not ever see the day when he will be fielding questions explaining why books have not shipped, or why customers are waiting months for product!!Or waiting years.

seeking: anything DT #246, Strange Weather (CD)

webstar1000
12-20-2019, 03:13 AM
No one likes to wait. Paul was a collector first and damm does it show. Well done my friend:)

Ben Mears
12-20-2019, 05:00 AM
Undersell, over deliver. That is the key to a successful specialty business like Paul's.

MikeDuke
12-20-2019, 06:03 AM
Yep. Paul is one of the great ones :onfire:.
Oh BTW CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT :flip2: :excited:.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-20-2019, 11:44 AM
Oh, BROTHER!
Looks like you had a lot of BROTHERs in arms.
This book ain't heavy, it's my BROTHER.
Oh BROTHER, where is you?

Brian861
12-20-2019, 12:23 PM

Appreciate all your efforts, Paul! Mine should arrive Monday!

MikeDuke
12-20-2019, 05:37 PM
Mine should be here next Fri the 27th. Can't wait.

shaq
12-21-2019, 06:07 AM
I am hoping war of the worlds is going to be my first direct purchase next year Paul, although odds are slim as imagine not many single purchases available when it is up for grabs but saying that, thought have turned to the accompanying paperweight.

There will be one surely? If so, what should it be?

I imagine a tripod firing its heat ray into the distance, surrounded by a dash of red weed perhaps.

The tripod being in florian bertmer flavour or from the original art in the bonus material.

Clearly bringing this up now, as getting the model right may take time. But given the quality of your previous paperweights, not a biggy 😯

I know it sounds like an order to produce, it’s not, but don’t make me beg!!!

http://www.technovelgy.com/graphics/content12/War-of-the-worlds-heat-ray.jpg

Edited to add....

Heat ray hitting the side of the cube, where the engraving finishes too lol!

Br!an
12-21-2019, 06:52 AM
Brother is "out for delivery!" Expected by 10:30am. :dance:

Joe315
12-21-2019, 07:05 AM

Lucky bastard

Brian861
12-21-2019, 07:17 AM

Lucky bastard

No doubt! That's pretty damn quick, coast to coast.

MikeDuke
12-21-2019, 07:35 AM
Wow, That is fast. Excited for you Brian.

Br!an
12-21-2019, 07:36 AM

Lucky bastard

No doubt! That's pretty damn quick, coast to coast.

I think that is the fastest that anything has ever gotten here from Paul.

It now says by 7:00pm. That's still today!

Br!an
12-21-2019, 09:16 AM
I know why I didn't get the package. My dog scared off the mailman.

I have four packages being delivered today. Informed Delivery states "Animal Interference" as the reason the packages weren't delivered.

It looks like he's spending the afternoon indoors.

webstar1000
12-21-2019, 09:19 AM

I have four packages being delivered today. Informed Delivery states "Animal Interference" as the reason the packages weren't delivered.

No way! It said that??

NiceM
12-21-2019, 09:27 AM

How big is your dog?:eek:

Hunchback Jack
12-21-2019, 09:28 AM
My Brother just got in from out of town. :excited:

Br!an
12-21-2019, 09:45 AM

No way! It said that??

It says "Delivery Date Unknown" and "Alert - Delivery Exception, Animal Interference."
Dec 21, 2019 at 11:22 am

How big is your dog?:eek:

25 pounds. He looks bigger because of the fur. He's a good watch dog. A bit too good perhaps. :orely:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Lucky31.JPG

Br!an
12-21-2019, 10:49 AM
Luckily the packages were being delivered by my regular mailperson. They do my side of the street first. With the dog inside they just delivered the packages while delivering mail to the other side of the street.

Joe315
12-21-2019, 12:33 PM
Brother has arrived 2 days early!

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-21-2019, 03:22 PM
That's a great looking dog.

kingfan2323
12-21-2019, 04:21 PM
Just got my copy of Brother. Curious what others think.

I probably missed this conversation a long time ago but why are the numbered only slipcased and not tray?

seeking: anything DT#246, Strange Weather (CD)

Joe315
12-21-2019, 04:26 PM

I probably missed this conversation a long time ago but why are the numbered (at these prices) only slipcased and not tray?

Horns has been the only book to have a different type of case on the non king Suntup line. If you’ve been following things you’ll see why the prices are what they are. Paul puts together a great product.

jeffingoff
12-21-2019, 04:31 PM

I probably missed this conversation a long time ago but why are the numbered (at these prices) only slipcased and not tray?

Horns has been the only book to have a different type of case on the non king Suntup line. If you’ve been following things you’ll see why the prices are what they are. Paul puts together a great product.

Yes. And Brother is the lowest priced numbered edition.

kingfan2323
12-21-2019, 04:35 PM

Horns has been the only book to have a different type of case on the non king Suntup line. If you’ve been following things you’ll see why the prices are what they are. Paul puts together a great product.He does indeed. Could not agree more. Fantastic. Was wondering about traycase and the decision process. Ha! Couldn't remember.

Joe315
12-21-2019, 04:37 PM

Horns has been the only book to have a different type of case on the non king Suntup line. If you’ve been following things you’ll see why the prices are what they are. Paul puts together a great product.He does indeed. Could not agree more. Fantastic. Was wondering about traycase. Ha.

Maybe to help differentiate between lettered and numbered or some cost savings, however minor.

MikeDuke
12-21-2019, 04:38 PM
I really don't mind that it's in a slip case. The quality of the cases are great but of course the quality of the books is outstanding.

kingfan2323
12-21-2019, 04:39 PM
I really don't mind that it's in a slip case. The quality of the cases are great but of course the quality of the books is outstanding.Agreed. The boards feel amazing. And fit the plot of the story to a tee. "Feels" like the story!

webstar1000
12-21-2019, 07:45 PM

I probably missed this conversation a long time ago but why are the numbered only slipcased and not tray?

A few numbered Suntup have been slip no?

cit74
12-21-2019, 07:48 PM
IAL, RB, The road, Brother - all have been slipcased

webstar1000
12-21-2019, 07:49 PM

That’s what I thought

Alec
12-21-2019, 08:05 PM
I am curious that in your original quote it states “only Slipcased”, yet in other people’s copies it has “at these prices” in parentheses.

kingfan2323
12-21-2019, 08:11 PM
Ok. Misunderstanding. Thought process went like this:

1. Badass book
2. This book is expensive and nice. I want to protect it as much as possible.
3. Wish it had a traycase to do so.
4. I wonder why Paul only goes with slips (other than Horns)
5. I am sure there was a reason (money going to book instead of case most likely) but I can't remember. I'll ask.

Said cost in original post instead of value.

Whew! Ha! Hope that clarifies things.

Munnecom
12-22-2019, 03:35 AM
I for one would be willing to pay extra for a more lavish enclosure.

jeffingoff
12-22-2019, 06:17 AM

The Haunting of Hill House too.

Br!an
12-22-2019, 07:00 AM
That's a great looking dog.

Thanks. He's a remarkable dog.

Patrick
12-22-2019, 08:08 AM
I’m good with the numbered editions being in slipcases. I’d rather not increase the prices any further since I’m trying to stay with all of them. However, I would like to see something on the spine of the slipcases for presentation purposes on my shelf. Some do have a title or a symbol (RB), it’s the blank ones (HoHH, TR) that I kind of wish had something on that side.

Munnecom
12-22-2019, 10:15 AM
I second that. I like to display my books with the slipcase spine facing out, provided there is some kind of text or marking on it.

MikeDuke
12-22-2019, 05:06 PM
I can see that as well. But since most have not had anything on the spine, I have it so the book faces out and I am OK with that. Unless it's a case like Horns, I will probably continue to do that
because I don't want to switch now with so many books already that way. Even if Paul does do something on the slipcase spine, I will probably keep facing the books out to keep it the same.
But that's just me.