PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

MikeDuke
11-13-2019, 03:46 PM
My ARC is slowly making it's way to me. Nice to get that email.

MikeDuke
11-13-2019, 03:51 PM
I've been waiting all day for the UPS truck to delivery my ROSEMARY'S BABY, then when I check I get a message there's been a weather or emergency delay. Arghhhhhhh!!!!

Then, I read an E-Mail I get from Suntup, and I won something! I still can't believe it, so I must be dreaming. It is NOT the letters contest. I will say no more until whatever it is is in my hot little sweaty mitts.
Can't wait to see what you won. Oh, and congrats.

Hunchback Jack
11-13-2019, 09:13 PM
I've been waiting all day for the UPS truck to delivery my ROSEMARY'S BABY, then when I check I get a message there's been a weather or emergency delay. Arghhhhhhh!!!!

Then, I read an E-Mail I get from Suntup, and I won something! I still can't believe it, so I must be dreaming. It is NOT the letters contest. I will say no more until whatever it is is in my hot little sweaty mitts.

Congratulations! I'm intrigued as to what it could be! Post pics when you get it! :excited:

HBJ

Brian861
11-13-2019, 10:11 PM

Congratulations! I'm intrigued as to what it could be! Post pics when you get it! :excited:

HBJ

I'm gonna guess it's one of the signed prints if you pre-ordered the book, Steve.

Brian861
11-13-2019, 10:54 PM
Looks like The Road is coming through Wichita on Tuesday! Then headed to the Great Northwest for special delivery.

Munnecom
11-14-2019, 12:21 AM

HBJ

I'm gonna guess it's one of the signed prints if you pre-ordered the book, Steve.

Maybe it’s the signed Folio The Shining that you could win by ordering the complete Wells collection.

Caliban
11-14-2019, 08:12 AM
Probably .. I did my own share of enablement and did spread the word on LT (librarything) when they were 95 (i think).

This was originally a Folio Society price of 110 signed book plate editions. Folio Society "found" 95 (i think) volumes maybe under the sofa probably about a year or so later. .. I did not buy a copy myself, as i have the unsigned version and didn`t want to splurge £135 or something (book + shipping) for a plate signature. .. After my decision to share, my niece came on a visit, we ate some tacos and watched the Nun (movie), and after i had threw here out i had decided to maybe buy myself a copy about 3? hours later - and then they were gone .. it`s okay. But fact is, it`s about 205 of these in total (assuming they don`t find any more volumes under another sofa sometime in the future)

That Suntup numbered though :P

zelig
11-14-2019, 08:27 AM
In case you missed it or didn’t see the FB live, I’m giving away one of those signed The Shining editions as a prize to a randomly selected H.G. Wells set order. Has to be for the set. Good luck.

And no that isn’t what Steve is getting. He was one of 20 winners for a different contest.

becca69
11-14-2019, 08:50 AM
Probably .. I did my own share of enablement and did spread the word on LT (librarything) when they were 95 (i think).

This was originally a Folio Society price of 110 signed book plate editions. Folio Society "found" 95 (i think) volumes maybe under the sofa probably about a year or so later. .. I did not buy a copy myself, as i have the unsigned version and didn`t want to splurge £135 or something (book + shipping) for a plate signature. .. After my decision to share, my niece came on a visit, we ate some tacos and watched the Nun (movie), and after i had threw here out i had decided to maybe buy myself a copy about 3? hours later - and then they were gone .. it`s okay. But fact is, it`s about 205 of these in total (assuming they don`t find any more volumes under another sofa sometime in the future)

That Suntup numbered though :P

I believe someone contacted Folio and they never actually gave all the copies away, so these are actually from the original 100 (yes, they said only 100).

Now back to the regularly scheduled Suntup thread. :D

firemonkey66
11-14-2019, 09:12 AM
Hey Paul and Becca, when submitting an Easter egg solution, the site says ‘thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly,’ and this may be a dumb question, but does that mean you will email us for each submission letting us know our guess is wrong?

becca69
11-14-2019, 09:51 AM
Hey Paul and Becca, when submitting an Easter egg solution, the site says ‘thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly,’ and this may be a dumb question, but does that mean you will email us for each submission letting us know our guess is wrong?

I believe that is a generic message that the software generates. If you have the correct answer, you will be contacted :D

Munnecom
11-14-2019, 10:30 AM
How is everyone submitting answers already?! Should we be able to figure out the right answer based on those four letters alone?

MikeDuke
11-14-2019, 10:34 AM
I think people may be taking the phrase, seeing what that might mean, and submit an answer based on that. Firemonkey already figured out in post #7458 what the phrase is in Latin and English. Now we have to figure out what it means.

webstar1000
11-14-2019, 10:43 AM
I think people may be taking the phrase, seeing what that might mean, and submit an answer based on that. Firemonkey already figured out in post #7458 what the phrase is in Latin and English. Now we have to figure out what it means.

That is NOT the way I took it. He just figured out that there is a code hidden in the books Mike.

Caliban
11-14-2019, 10:46 AM
I will never miss a FB live Paul - unless i`m hindered ! If i am hindered i will have to re-schedule those other plans or simply let them pass by .. remember i`m your number one fan ! :smile:

I`ll respect that Becca ! :rose:

Asking for a friend: Will there still be any other titles published inbetween the Wells set ? Since the publication date were adjusted i mean ..

Hunchback Jack
11-14-2019, 10:49 AM
Shipping Notice for Merrin’s Cross paperweight!!! :excited:

Road Numbered out for delivery!!! :excited:

HBJ

vincent
11-14-2019, 10:50 AM
Will someone share the letter in The Road once they receive it?

It's a great competition, for sure. There aren't a lot of words that start with soll, I found out that out today :-)

Firemonkey's guess sounds like a very good one to me, very impressive.

MikeDuke
11-14-2019, 10:51 AM

That is NOT the way I took it. He just figured out that there is a code hidden in the books Mike.
OK. Then I am way off base and I will stop filling Paul's email account with wrong answers.

Hunchback Jack
11-14-2019, 10:51 AM

I believe that is a generic message that the software generates. If you have the correct answer, you will be contacted :D

Darn it, I had high hopes for my guess. Guess not. :lol:

HBJ

Brian861
11-14-2019, 10:54 AM

Not if they want to win LOL.

webstar1000
11-14-2019, 10:54 AM

Not if they want to win LOL.

lol

Brian861
11-14-2019, 10:57 AM

HBJ

No freakin' clue so not even going to attempt.

I know, I know. It's: Drink more Ovaltine

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Munnecom
11-14-2019, 10:58 AM
I'm with Kris on this. Firemonkey discovered that there even is an Easter egg, but the correct answer has not been found yet.

Out of curiosity, what do you think a red Misery might be worth?

jeffingoff
I know I had plenty of time to read the page but I missed the note about locking in current pricing by ordering the complete Wells set when I ordered The Time Machine. Not that I could have ordered differently. I just hope the other two don’t go up too much if they do increase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincent
heh, or give the wrong letter.

jeffingoff
11-14-2019, 10:59 AM

HBJ

No freakin' clue so not even going to attempt.

I know, I know. It's: Drink more Ovaltine

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Hahahaha love it!

Munnecom
11-14-2019, 11:01 AM
Glad to see you're still on board the Suntup train, Jeff. I read your posts on the CD forum and it looked like you might be giving up your number after all.

jeffingoff
11-14-2019, 11:09 AM
Glad to see you're still on board the Suntup train, Jeff. I read your posts on the CD forum and it looked like you might be giving up your number after all.

I was just so torn. Because I didn’t want to walk away from the $100 discount by buying the whole set all at once, but I couldn’t swing the whole set all at once after getting the numbered IAL! Such a first world quandary!! Pity me! So I decided to just buy them one at a time like a payment plan. I couldn’t give up my number especially after holding Rosemary’s twins!!

Brian861
11-14-2019, 11:14 AM
Shipping Notice for Merrin’s Cross paperweight!!! :excited:

Road Numbered out for delivery!!! :excited:

HBJ

Me too on the paperweight!

MikeDuke
11-14-2019, 11:16 AM
That great on the paperweight guys. I am sure it will look fantastic.

swintek
11-14-2019, 11:17 AM

Uhhh.. did Paul ever confirm that the Latin phrase Firemonkey threw out there was correct? I didn't read it that way. Plus, unless it's just poorly "worded", there is a clue of sorts in the submission form itself that would contradict a phrase being the answer...

Also, I received the Road yesterday, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Love the rounded slipcase style- fits the quarter-leather-bound spine nicely. Really nice-looking book, Paul!

P.S. Yes, I know what the 5th letter is. I'm taking offers. :cool:

MikeDuke
11-14-2019, 11:19 AM

Uhhh.. did Paul ever confirm that the Latin phrase Firemonkey threw out there was correct? I didn't read it that way. Plus, unless it's just poorly "worded", there is a clue of sorts in the submission form itself that would contradict a phrase being the answer...

Also, I received the Road yesterday, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Love the rounded slipcase style- fits the quarter-leather-bound spine nicely. Really nice-looking book, Paul!

No He did not. And your right, the submission form does give a clue that took me a while to figure out. I was trying anything I could think of that's all.

racerx45
11-14-2019, 11:20 AM

"Y" would you do that?

webstar1000
11-14-2019, 11:22 AM
Nevermind my post lol

lotuz
11-14-2019, 11:43 AM
I think I got it :)

We'll see!

If I'm right, it's really touching. Also I'm not the only person here who has the book that helped me make the reference complete.

MikeDuke
11-14-2019, 11:47 AM

We'll see!

If I'm right, it's really touching. Also I'm not the only person here who has the book that helped me make the reference complete.
Good luck.

lotuz
11-14-2019, 11:51 AM

We'll see!

Good luck.

There's a very good chance that I'm getting ahead of myself because I don't even have confirmation of the last letter, but as soon as I saw it I got a big rush and it seemed to fit just right , so fingers crossed!

In other news, has The Time Machine sold out yet?? I can't imagine it'll make to next week...

MikeDuke
11-14-2019, 11:53 AM
6 left for The Time Machine.

ICry4Oy
11-14-2019, 11:54 AM
After it is all settled and done and the winner is announced it would be fun to read some of the losing guesses. I'd be willing to bet they would be very entertaining and creative!

swintek
11-14-2019, 12:25 PM

"Y" would you do that?

Ah, nicely done. No offers anyway, so- what the hay? Good luck to everyone! I'm stumped.

Hunchback Jack
11-14-2019, 12:33 PM
After it is all settled and done and the winner is announced it would be fun to read some of the losing guesses. I'd be willing to bet they would be very entertaining and creative!

I think my guess falls into the category of “it seemed like a good idea at the time”. :LOL:

becca69
11-14-2019, 12:37 PM
I will never miss a FB live Paul - unless i`m hindered ! If i am hindered i will have to re-schedule those other plans or simply let them pass by .. remember i`m your number one fan ! :smile:

I`ll respect that Becca ! :rose:

Asking for a friend: Will there still be any other titles published inbetween the Wells set ? Since the publication date were adjusted i mean ..

Yes.

T-Dogz_AK47
11-14-2019, 01:16 PM
Anybody else find that they are constantly pressing "refresh" on their emails for a response on the letters contest?

Pressing "refresh" has been pretty much my life since this morning.... :panic:

lotuz
11-14-2019, 01:19 PM
No word back yet! So either Paul is busy or my guess is incorrect...

Granted it hasn't even been two hours but it felt so perfect that I thought I was gonna have a heart attack while I was submitting the form :blush:

EDIT: lol T-Dog I feel ya :lol:

Hunchback Jack
11-14-2019, 01:30 PM

Granted it hasn't even been two hours but it felt so perfect that I thought I was gonna have a heart attack while I was submitting the form :blush:

That was me last night. My guess was a little surreal, but seemed to fit. The delivery notifications from Suntup for Road and the Horns paperweight in my inbox this morning almost gave me a heart attack.

I guess we can all hope that Paul is just too busy to check the guesses today ...

HBJ

firemonkey66
11-14-2019, 01:39 PM

I had one of those answers too! I'm still holding out hope that it's just waiting to be discovered in a pile of other responses:)

ICry4Oy
11-14-2019, 03:08 PM
So either no one guessed it yet or all of us got it right and submitted the answer at the same time. :biggrin1:

lotuz
11-14-2019, 03:41 PM
The delivery notifications from Suntup for Road and the Horns paperweight in my inbox this morning almost gave me a heart attack.

lol I just got the shipping notification for the paperweight and I too almost had an infarction when I saw I finally had a "Suntup" email in my inbox :lol:

Joe315
11-14-2019, 04:44 PM
I put my guess in but I’d guess I’m not the first

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-14-2019, 05:11 PM
I don't know if I should be ticked off or worried or both. For two days now the UPS tracking said my ROSEMARY'S BABY numbered would come by the end of the day, from an office 15 miles away from me. And for two days, nothing, no UPS truck in sight.
This is proving to be a difficult delivery.

zelig
11-14-2019, 05:53 PM
I've had a really busy day, and just catching up on things now. So... the Easter egg... We do have a winner, so you can stop sending in guesses. Wow, I received a lot! And there were some very creative solutions offered! I will comment further tomorrow on this and announce the winner then. Thank you all for taking part in this. To be continued...

Hunchback Jack
11-14-2019, 06:02 PM
YAY! Congratulations (in advance) to whoever the winner is.

(And thanks for the hard work, Paul. You've been shipping more than teenage fanfic writers on tumblr. Amazing stuff)

HBJ

lotuz
11-14-2019, 06:24 PM
I've had a really busy day, and just catching up on things now. So... the Easter egg... We do have a winner, so you can stop sending in guesses. Wow, I received a lot! And there were some very creative solutions offered! I will comment further tomorrow on this and announce the winner then. Thank you all for taking part in this. To be continued...

:sharepopcorn:

And let me echo HBJ - thanks Paul, for all the extra work that you do - stuff that's absolutely not necessary, and usually only serves to either consume more of your time or resources on behalf of your customers and fans :rose:

firemonkey66
11-14-2019, 06:24 PM

Oh thank god! My brain has been tied up in knots for 24 hours:panic: Although waiting until tomorrow is going to be its own special kind of torture now...:)

And I echo the above sentiments of HBJ and Lotuz!

jeffingoff
11-14-2019, 06:27 PM
Ditto Peter and lotuz! Paul always over delivers!!
Congrats to the super smart sleuth!

Joe315
11-14-2019, 06:31 PM
Congrats to the winner!

webstar1000
11-14-2019, 06:32 PM
Incredible

Patrick
11-14-2019, 08:28 PM
Congrats to firemonkey for noticing and being curious about something we all didn’t and weren’t.

I was hoping this would stretch out over the next half dozen or more releases. Congrats to whomever figured it out!

Thank you, Paul and the rest of your creative team, for always keeping things interesting, fun, and high quality!

Patrick
11-14-2019, 08:55 PM
<snip>
I only wish it were a quartet with The Island of Dr Moreau included.
<snip>
Before this comment gets buried any further:
Please, Paul, do this book!

ICry4Oy
11-14-2019, 09:01 PM
Major congratulations to the winner!!!! Suntup is the absolute coolest :cool:

shaq
11-15-2019, 12:26 AM
Congratulations to the winner.

This kind.of service is exceptional and special. Wow.

vincent
11-15-2019, 12:30 AM
yes, congrats to the winner, that is very impressive. My brain can now start thinking about other stuff again, yay for that.

webstar1000
11-15-2019, 04:38 AM
Congrats to firemonkey for noticing and being curious about something we all didn’t and weren’t.

I was hoping this would stretch out over the next half dozen or more releases. Congrats to whomever figured it out!

Thank you, Paul and the rest of your creative team, for always keeping things interesting, fun, and high quality!

I agree. I wish this had gone on for a year or so. Would have been great fun:)

MikeDuke
11-15-2019, 05:45 AM
Congrats to who ever one. That was quick. I am sure Paul and Becca thought it would go longer. But it's awesome that Paul had these contests together.

firemonkey66
11-15-2019, 06:37 AM
My impression is that Paul and crew thought it was going to be noticed earlier, like when Misery was released. If it had been discovered then, the letters would have slowly been revealed as each book was released and would have given a 'prolonged contest feel.' As it turns out, it wasn't noticed until right before the 5th letter was revealed, which I think gives the impression of a 'short contest.' The dumb thing is that I actually did notice the letter back when Misery was released, but I dismissed it as something I don't know about copyright pages. And the even dumber thing is that I remember Paul saying that there was one more thing in Misery that nobody had noticed yet, and I didn't make the connection. It wasn't until Horns was released that I thought maybe it was a pattern, but then I forgot about it. Well, forgot about it up until the other night when it all kind of clicked as I was flipping through the books. Even then, though, I had actually been thinking of holding off saying anything until The Road was delivered and I saw the next letter, but I'm glad that I didn't:)

MikeDuke
11-15-2019, 06:49 AM
Could be Firemonkey. I am a little slow on the uptake with things like this. Glad you solved it and got your prize.

firemonkey66
11-15-2019, 07:01 AM
Could be Firemonkey. I am a little slow on the uptake with things like this. Glad you solved it and got your prize.

I'm crossing my fingers, toes, arms, legs, and everything else I can cross that I won the red numbered Misery too! After the Y was revealed I came up with an answer that was accompanied by an audible click. And I keep coming back to it as I mull over all of my answers, the contest, and the circumstances surrounding it. One way or another, though, this contest has been a learning experience. I remember reading about the Ockhart orphans in Paul's The Road to Misery installments, but I never researched it independently until yesterday.

MikeDuke
11-15-2019, 07:04 AM
I will be pulling for you also :).

MikeDuke
11-15-2019, 07:16 AM
Also, now that the mania of the contests has finished, I will say that there are only 4 Time machines left.

Room 217 Caretaker
11-15-2019, 07:25 AM
I'm going with Brian861 won it with "Drink more Ovaltine"

Ben Mears
11-15-2019, 07:59 AM

Victory via "a crummy commercial"!

MikeDuke
11-15-2019, 08:09 AM
Indeed Ben. Indeed.

Brian861
11-15-2019, 10:53 AM

Victory via "a crummy commercial"!

In the spirit of the holidays and all :)

zelig
11-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Okay, I'm finally able to sit down and attend to this little matter of the Easter egg winner. So give me a little bit here to type it up. Not much longer now...

Munnecom
11-15-2019, 11:03 AM
Famous last words...

lotuz
11-15-2019, 11:10 AM
Okay, I'm finally able to sit down and attend to this little matter of the Easter egg winner. So give me a little bit here to type it up. Not much longer now...

my heart, you're either exercising it or killing it, not sure

zelig
11-15-2019, 11:44 AM
I put the winner in spoilers so that we can attend to the background of the contest first, and also reveal the solution before we learn who the winner is. That way we have some context.

Before publishing Misery, I came up with this idea as a way to pay tribute to, and honor the memory of my late father. He was a great man with a solid gold heart, and much of who I am today is as a result of the lessons I learned from him, and the examples he set.

So, the solution is that in each of the first five books I published, I included a letter spelling out my father’s name, which is SOLLY. The final letter ending with The Road was intentional because of the story about the bond between a father and his son.

So… to my dad, Solly Suntup you shall never be forgotten. You were the best father anyone could ask for.

Okay... And now, THE WINNER IS:

:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::exci ted::excited::excited::excited:
:excited::excited: lotuz :excited::excited:
:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::exci ted::excited::excited::excited:

Congratulations buddy!!!

MikeDuke
11-15-2019, 11:46 AM
A big congrats to the person in the spoiler :)
And a great tribute to your father Paul.

Hunchback Jack
11-15-2019, 11:47 AM
Congratulations, [redacted]! And what a wonderful tribute, Paul.

racerx45
11-15-2019, 11:47 AM
That's Awesome. Congratulation Lotuz

firemonkey66
11-15-2019, 11:48 AM
Congrats to the winner! I wish it was me, but I'm glad it was you:)

And what a tribute, Paul, very cool and touching

jeffingoff
11-15-2019, 11:51 AM
Congratulations!!! I’m clapping as I wipe a tear from my eye!! Wonderful and beautiful!!! I’m so happy for everyone

FlyerPhan0826
11-15-2019, 11:54 AM
What a way to honor your father. This is incredible!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Joe315
11-15-2019, 12:03 PM
Congrats! That was my guess as well. Day late and a dollar short.

lotuz
11-15-2019, 12:03 PM
:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:: panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

Thank you so much, folks, and Paul!

This is such a rush. Give me a minute and I'm gonna type up how it happened from my perspective, and how touching and amazing and coincidental it all was...

ICry4Oy
11-15-2019, 12:16 PM
Congrats you LUCKY man!

...and to all of us losers....well...you know what they say....."so solly, Cholly" (I can't be the only one who guessed that?) :cyclops:

lotuz
11-15-2019, 12:32 PM
OK, so as anyone who has searched eBay for the term Suntup has probably seen, Paul published a book of poetry called Sunset at the Temple of Olives back in 2011. I know several folks on these boards have picked it up as part of their Suntup memorabilia, and I strongly encourage everyone who has to open it up and read it! The works "Emily" and "I don't really know what this poem is going to be about, or even if it'll be any good, but I'm writing it anyway." are some of my favorites, but the whole thing is beautifully dark.

The thing is, as recently as the beginning of this week, I could not have told you those things because I did not own the book!

I've been eyeing it off and on when I see it in searches and for the first time, last week, I pulled the trigger.

See:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/SATTOO_order.png

I ordered it on the 7th, it shipped on the 8th, and arrived to me a week earlier than scheduled on Monday the 12th. As you all know, Antony made the amazing discovery shortly thereafter!

When only the letters "S" "O" "L" "L" were known, I made the guess of "Solly". Why? Because I am the parent of two small children and recently in our house we had something called a "Solly Wrap". But my reasoning was incorrect. Even though it was a longshot, as most people without kids would not have heard of this product, I guessed that maybe "Solly" meant that these books were his babies, that he was putting out into the world. Also, like most of you, I'm sure, I googled "words that start with soll" and it turns out that there aren't, like, any. Some foreign words, and something called a "solleret", which is an armored shoe for a knight.

I didn't really think that was right but, hey, guessing was free! But I could't help but think that "Solly" was the right word, there was just some connection that I was missing.

Fast forward a bit, and I decide to pick up and peruse my just received Suntup book of poetry. I open it up, and as is my custom, I start with the copyright page and all the front matter. There's a title page, copyrights, and then this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_1246.jpg

When I read this page, I about had a heart attack! I knew that this had to be it - simply no way that it was a coincidence. The only coincidence is that had I not ordered this book at the exact time I did, I would never have had it right in front of me, at the most perfect time possible.

Having a father myself who I am rather fond of, and who I am fortunate enough to still have around, it was an incredibly touching realization to see this dedication to someone's father, first in this book of poetry, and then through the craft of his son's great accomplishment. It's an incredible gesture.

I'm very fortunate that this all worked out in the way it did and I just had to share the genesis of the whole thing from my end.

:rose:

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-15-2019, 12:44 PM
Congratulations, lotuz!!!

MikeDuke
11-15-2019, 12:49 PM
That's a great story Lotuz. And congrats again.

NiceM
11-15-2019, 12:50 PM
I put the winner in spoilers so that we can attend to the background of the contest first, and also reveal the solution before we learn who the winner is. That way we have some context.

Before publishing Misery, I came up with this idea as a way to pay tribute to, and honor the memory of my late father. He was a great man with a solid gold heart, and much of who I am today is as a result of the lessons I learned from him, and the examples he set.

So, the solution is that in each of the first five books I published, I included a letter spelling out my father’s name, which is SOLLY. The final letter ending with The Road was intentional because of the story about the bond between a father and his son.

So… to my dad, Solly Suntup you shall never be forgotten. You were the best father anyone could ask for.

Congratulations buddy!!!

Such a heartfelt tribute Paul. I came on board with The Road and the more I learn how emotionally invested you are with the books you publish, the more I feel compelled to stay with you on this beautiful adventure and experience that is Suntup Publishing. Your dad can be proud sir.
Congrats Lotuz! A grand prize!!

T-Dogz_AK47
11-15-2019, 12:57 PM
A HUGE Congratulations Lotuz!!! :clap::clap:

MikeDuke
11-15-2019, 12:59 PM
We are in the final countdown. 2 left.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-15-2019, 01:07 PM
After two delays, the UPS finally brought me my numbered ROSEMARY'S BABY today.
I have some lettered editions that don't even come close to the quality of this production.

T-Dogz_AK47
11-15-2019, 01:14 PM

That is such a beautiful way to honour the memory of your father. :clap::clap:

Hunchback Jack
11-15-2019, 01:36 PM
Great story, lotuz. Thanks for sharing it. (And congrats, again).

HBJ

M_O_O_N
11-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Congratulations on your win, lotuz!

zelig
11-15-2019, 02:14 PM
Thanks lotuz... what perfect timing! After reading your post, I thought I should provide this link (http://paulsuntup.com/sunset-at-the-temple-of-olives/) for anyone who wants a copy of that poetry book as these are signed.

Appreciate the other comments. This worked out very nicely, and it all played out here on the forum which is great.

Hunchback Jack
11-15-2019, 02:22 PM
Kind of neat that it was all discovered and revealed right when the last letter in The Road was being shipped/received.

Randall Flagg
11-15-2019, 03:11 PM
Thanks lotuz... what perfect timing! After reading your post, I thought I should provide this link (http://paulsuntup.com/sunset-at-the-temple-of-olives/) for anyone who wants a copy of that poetry book as these are signed.

Appreciate the other comments. This worked out very nicely, and it all played out here on the forum which is great.

What can I say and sound humble...nothing...except, glad it was here in the family.

peripheral
11-15-2019, 03:16 PM
That’s a lovely story and gesture,Paul. And congrats Lotuz.

vincent
11-15-2019, 03:45 PM
Wow that is spectacularly cool, I’m so glad it’s you, Lotuz!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

webstar1000
11-15-2019, 03:51 PM
I am Blown away. You know about 3 hours or so ago I read Paul’s post.. as the credits were about to start on Ford Vs Ferrari. I couldn’t post as it be rude. So I planned to post afterwards... and During the movie a particular scene hit me very hard. It was between Shelby and Henry Ford the 2nd. It would not have carried the weight that it did had I not read the post right before the movie began. Henry Ford said something like “I wish my Daddy was here to see what I’ve done and experience this” or something very close to that effect. It was a very powerful scene. I thought of your dad. I thought of the way you honoured him and how powerfully it did just that. Irene I hope knew about this or does now. It’s so fitting and beautiful. The movie is great by the way but for me much better because of that scene and how this went together. Your a good friend Paul Suntup but an even better human being. I know he would be proud brother. Well done my friend... well done.

Br!an
11-15-2019, 04:05 PM
Congratulations! I own that book. Perhaps I should have read it. :orely:

Very nice tribute, Paul.

Ben Mears
11-15-2019, 04:09 PM
Congratulations and a great story as well. A bit of serendipity was definitely in the mix.

Patrick
11-15-2019, 05:57 PM
What a great way to honor your dad, Paul.

Congrats on figuring it out first, Lotuz!

Brian861
11-15-2019, 11:13 PM
Congrats, Tim and that's awesome tribute to your father, Paul! It's a great feeling to know that all of your clients, many of them your friends, can all share in this.

Congratulations buddy!!!

Black Miau
11-15-2019, 11:36 PM
Congratulations Lotuz, I knew the answer was a date or a special name.
Paul you are a meticulous man, a great virtue that is reflected in the creation of those small details and all those details form Suntup, a work of art.

The Library Policeman
11-16-2019, 07:38 AM
Well done lotuz and Paul. Great stuff all round :thumbsup:

MikeDuke
11-16-2019, 11:12 AM
Time machine is now out of print. Still one RN left.

webstar1000
11-16-2019, 11:14 AM
Congrats Paul on another sell out!!!

Brian861
11-16-2019, 11:23 AM
Time machine is now out of print. Still one RN left.

Congrats, Paul on yet another sellout! I grabbed one up when 16 were left, thinking I had more "time" hehe.

In other news, Horns paperweight is out for delivery!

Mike, what is RN?

herbertwest
11-16-2019, 11:25 AM
There are still some Roman Numeral version :D

Congrats Paul !

Brian861
11-16-2019, 11:34 AM

Congrats Paul !

Ah, duh :doh:

webstar1000
11-16-2019, 11:44 AM

Congrats Paul !

Yep one. I was referring to letter and number on the sell out as they are set. Paul stated the number of RN would not be more than five meaning it could stop at 4 if only that many were sold.

Patrick
11-16-2019, 12:17 PM
Merrin’s Cross arrived today. I dig it.

kingfan2323
11-16-2019, 12:19 PM
Horns art portfolio question: even though they are limited to 125 can I purchase now and select a number even if it is a number over 125? Assuming someone else did not already select that number of course.

Apologies if I may have missed this info.

looking for: NOS4A2 (sub press)
Dead Zone 1st/1st, Boy's Life S/L

Br!an
11-16-2019, 12:28 PM
Horns art portfolio question: even though they are limited to 125 can I purchase now and select a number even if it is a number over 125? Assuming someone else did not already select that number of course.

Yes. They are limited to a run of 125 with numbers up to 250 or a letter.

kingfan2323
11-16-2019, 12:30 PM

Yes. They are limited to a run of 125 with numbers up to 250 or a letter.Thanks, Brian.

Brian861
11-16-2019, 11:35 PM
My Horns paperweight arrived yesterday and it's gorgeous! Very nicely done, Paul! Makes me sad that I passed on the Misery one :cry:

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-17-2019, 07:05 AM
Makes me even sadder I missed the IT one by about one minute!

Br!an
11-17-2019, 09:27 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/suntuppaperweight2.jpg

darkseer
11-17-2019, 09:56 AM
Thank you for the picture.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-17-2019, 10:06 AM
I'll take the one in the middle with an order of fries.

Br!an
11-17-2019, 10:06 AM
Thank you for the picture.

You are welcome.

To see a larger picture: right click the image; select View Image; click to enlarge.

Brian861
11-17-2019, 11:26 AM

Now I'm even sadder :cry: Forgot the IT one.

Br!an
11-17-2019, 12:05 PM

Now I'm even sadder :cry: Forgot the IT one.

IT is a Dragon Rebound Editions cube. While related to Suntup Editions, it isn't technically a Suntup paperweight.

So, you can rest easy as long as you have the other two. :evil:

Hunchback Jack
11-17-2019, 07:22 PM
I unpacked The Road numbered edition today, and it's just fantastic. The illustrations are true works of art, the design of book and slipcase matches the mood of the novel exactly, and they fit each other like a glove. Wonderful design and craftsmanship.

HBJ

zelig
11-17-2019, 07:27 PM
Thank you everyone for the good words on the last couple of pages... I do appreciate it. I tried to stay away from the computer this weekend and only partly succeeded. It has been a very hectic month especially with all the shipping that has been going on. I'm really pleased to see the books start to arrive and the posts here and on social media. It's one of the best parts of all this, seeing everyone receive their books and how excited they are. So thank you.

Anyway, with the shipping behind us, I can now refocus on the lineup for 2020. Some exciting releases next year, and we still have the final announcement of 2019 coming up in a couple weeks.

In other news, Nicholas Levin sent me this picture of his bookshelf which I thought you'd like to see. He is delighted with the treatment of his father's famous novel, and of course that pleases us greatly.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/bookshelf.jpg

Patrick
11-18-2019, 12:01 AM
Now that’s some sweet validation, Paul!

Brian861
11-18-2019, 12:26 AM
Very awesome, Paul about RB! It looks very classy on that shelve. Have seen a few photos of The Road out in the wild and it looks great too!

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-18-2019, 03:46 AM
Very interesting. What's the significance of the corkscrew?

NiceM
11-18-2019, 04:57 AM

They are to be read with equal fabulous wine (insert any beverage that opens with a cork screw)

zelig
11-18-2019, 06:02 AM
Was also wondering about the corkscrew. I visited Nicholas earlier this year and he showed me some of the books in his collection. Great guy and an interesting visit. He has sent me a little gift which is heading my way and I will share some photos with you when it arrives.

MikeDuke
11-18-2019, 06:32 AM
It looks like Both The Road and the ARC are out for delivery today. That's earlier then expected. Not that I am complaining.

Munnecom
11-18-2019, 07:02 AM

It's for Rosemary's abortion.

MikeDuke
11-18-2019, 08:01 AM
Yep, both got delivered today. They are waiting for me patiently.

webstar1000
11-18-2019, 08:28 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/427078627977561/?hc_ref=ARTGp_busagxZde980OXMoCdaZu68v56qRnXUTJRHP W0X_KKQRZY-vp9-TGR2_Q5CyI

Garrell
11-18-2019, 08:37 AM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/427078627977561/?hc_ref=ARTGp_busagxZde980OXMoCdaZu68v56qRnXUTJRHP W0X_KKQRZY-vp9-TGR2_Q5CyI

MikeDuke
11-18-2019, 08:43 AM
Don't have a Facebook account so I guess I can't see it. Oh well. No biggie.

webstar1000
11-18-2019, 08:44 AM

It is an Unofficial Fan Page for Suntup's work Mike.

MikeDuke
11-18-2019, 08:48 AM

OH. OK. Thanks Kris.

Brian861
11-18-2019, 11:22 AM

Unofficial?!? I'm an official fan. Where's the link for that? :)

webstar1000
11-18-2019, 11:23 AM

It cannot be official. Paul doesn't run it and isn't even an admin BUT he endorsed it when I approached him for it:)

Brian861
11-18-2019, 11:33 AM

It cannot be official. Paul doesn't run it and isn't even an admin BUT he endorsed it when I approached him for it:)

Just bustin' your chops. Should have named it, "Fans of Suntup". Kinda like a motorcycle gang. I.E. Sons of Anarchy. We could have pledges, colors, and everything. And since Paul is based in CA, it's only fitting.

So get to work, Paul! We need official, unofficially biker jackets.

firemonkey66
11-18-2019, 11:45 AM
I received my numbered and lettered The Road, and they are both beautiful books. The lettered is a unique experience with the Coptic binding and quartzite boards, very cool. I would like to post some photos, but I’m not interested in paying Photobucket’s ransom, any suggestions in regards to a better ‘free’ image hosting site?

Hunchback Jack
11-18-2019, 11:48 AM
Just bustin' your chops. Should have named it, "Fans of Suntup". Kinda like a motorcycle gang. I.E. Sons of Anarchy. We could have pledges, colors, and everything. And since Paul is based in CA, it's only fitting.

I dunno, Brian. Have you seen the end of Easy Rider?

HBJ

Joe315
11-18-2019, 11:48 AM
I received my numbered and lettered The Road, and they are both beautiful books. The lettered is a unique experience with the Coptic binding and quartzite boards, very cool. I would like to post some photos, but I’m not interested in paying Photobucket’s ransom, any suggestions in regards to a better ‘free’ image hosting site?

Imgur is good. You can post things without an account if you want. Just make sure you keep things private otherwise the whole of Imgur will see what you post.

becca69
11-18-2019, 12:22 PM

Imgur is good. You can post things without an account if you want. Just make sure you keep things private otherwise the whole of Imgur will see what you post.

I use postimages dot org

Hunchback Jack
11-18-2019, 12:24 PM
I use the galleries here for images I post here. As long as you keep the image size small, you can upload a good number if images for a collection thread. I usually resize the image to be 640 pixels wide.

MikeDuke
11-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Me too Peter. So far so good.

sentinel
11-18-2019, 01:49 PM

Oh yea....I want a Suntup biker jacket and a Suntup tat with a lightning bolt and blood dripping from it!

firemonkey66
11-18-2019, 01:56 PM
thanks y'all, will check those options out, appreciate it

kingfan2323
11-18-2019, 03:20 PM

HBJSpoiler alert! Ha! Nice reference !

Hunchback Jack
11-18-2019, 03:33 PM

HBJSpoiler alert! Ha! Nice reference !

:D Thanks. It came to mind irresistibly, because I just saw another Peter Fonda (RIP) film, Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry. Solid flick.

HBJ

zelig
11-18-2019, 04:42 PM
Here's the little gift I mentioned earlier. This is a pristine first edition of Rosemary's Baby, which was one of Ira Levin's personal copies and which he kept in his office closet since 1967. It came with a great note from Nicholas.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_9303.jpg

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_9304.jpg

Hunchback Jack
11-18-2019, 05:30 PM
Wow, what an incredible gift! A pristine copy from the author's own collection! What a treasure. Congratulations, Paul!

webstar1000
11-18-2019, 05:34 PM
Dude that’s amazing. What a gift.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-18-2019, 05:43 PM
For some reason, I can't see a picture.

EDIT - Now it has magically appeared! Very nice!

firemonkey66
11-18-2019, 05:50 PM
Wow, that’s quite the gift! Very cool of him to send it to you.

Joe315
11-18-2019, 06:49 PM
Very nice. Looks brand new.

zelig
11-18-2019, 07:42 PM
Thanks All. As new as the day it was printed.

For some reason, I can't see a picture.

EDIT - Now it has magically appeared! Very nice!

Thanks Steve. I keep telling you, lay off the booze.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-18-2019, 07:44 PM
Hic!

RC65
11-18-2019, 09:56 PM
That’s a really special gift with a neat provenance!

On a somewhat related matter, I just read Levin’s debut novel, A KISS BEFORE DYING, for the first time, and what an incredible read it was.

Brian861
11-18-2019, 11:14 PM

HBJ

Good point, but they can't get us all!

That's an awesome gift, Paul. Congrats!

T-Dogz_AK47
11-19-2019, 02:37 AM
Congratulations Paul! That is a lovely and very thoughtful gift! :clap::clap:

The Library Policeman
11-19-2019, 02:49 AM
A well deserved and thoughtful gift, Paul. Congratulations.

MikeDuke
11-19-2019, 06:04 AM
That's a fantastic gift Paul and well deserved. Congrats.

Garrell
11-19-2019, 06:29 AM
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

becca69
11-19-2019, 07:08 AM
Still jealous :tongue:

surly
11-19-2019, 07:20 AM
wow.

kingfan2323
11-19-2019, 10:22 AM
Here's the little gift I mentioned earlier. This is a pristine first edition of Rosemary's Baby, which was one of Ira Levin's personal copies and which he kept in his office closet since 1967. It came with a great note from Nicholas.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_9303.jpg

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/IMG_9304.jpgHow special is this gift? I told several of my friends that could not give two shits about collectible books or Rosemary's Baby about your story (with pics). Even THEY were blown away! That's how special. Congrats.

Ari_Racing
11-19-2019, 10:52 AM
That's an incredible gift! Congratulations!

lotuz
11-19-2019, 12:05 PM
That's a very nice looking book! What a cool addition :)

firemonkey66
11-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Some photos of the lettered The Road. I wanted to post these so everyone can see it up close and personal. If anyone here doesn't own the numbered The Road and wants to see some pics, just ask:)

https://i.postimg.cc/tg4rkXt6/6-DA7-FCF7-8322-43-CA-900-E-F51-D32-D55-A2-E.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Sxq1XLnD/D361-BA37-0-C0-F-42-EE-A66-D-CDC9-EA4-C0-F2-E.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/SswDmc0L/CCF65-E62-6356-4-A6-B-88-EB-C019-F1-FDB824.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/3RytMnqJ/E5-EE2622-8981-455-B-BA39-134-B9713-E828.jpg

The Coptic binding is cool, when flipping through the book there are areas where you can 'see through' the binding

https://i.postimg.cc/RZRsw3f9/C58-CA3-BC-FA4-D-4022-8061-D22-E9-DAAD5-A2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/kM0pCPqr/43-E12018-169-C-491-E-A2-BC-83-E31-A343680.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Dy1YypwS/E2-FD2-E57-59-F1-461-E-B879-D3-DAB575-C614.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/qBh5WvfX/CC8-D9-E9-E-0-DEC-49-CF-93-F2-10-E303-B732-E7.jpg

The traycase is made of a shimmery material that I really like

https://i.postimg.cc/RhKGhq9k/4-B428776-AC72-4509-ACE2-9-D38-E9-AB00-A2.jpg

And here's The Road and the DR Firestarter side-by-side:)

https://i.postimg.cc/wxmw04Jw/FB1809-FD-9-C43-404-F-8-EB3-1-B371-ECD7-BF3.jpg

And finally, my Suntup shrine with my favorite Dragon Rebound:) I need to get another one of these for DR only

https://i.postimg.cc/d0N5Sz4x/7579-A153-90-A0-4-F36-B29-C-661-A3222-B1-C1.jpg

Hunchback Jack
11-19-2019, 04:12 PM
:clap: Amazing book. Congrats!

Aremag
11-19-2019, 04:30 PM
Wow! That lettered The Road is phenomenal.

MikeDuke
11-19-2019, 04:56 PM
Very impressive. The book and your case. Very impressive and drool worth for sure.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-19-2019, 05:04 PM
I love it, but could you send it to me for closer inspection please?

Brian861
11-19-2019, 06:04 PM
Received my copies of The Road today. Will be opening soon!

Thanks for sharing the pics, Anthony!

Patrick
11-19-2019, 08:35 PM
PAUL, what a wonderful gift! It certainly exemplifies the the strong regard the family has for your production of RB.

Firemonkey, thank you for sharing your collection. Very impressive!

Brian861
11-19-2019, 10:48 PM
The Road is yet another gorgeous production. There's just no way around it, you have to feel these books to appreciate them. No amount of photography or video will do. Congrats, Paul on another grand slam!

MikeDuke
11-20-2019, 07:07 AM
Someone bought the last Roman Numeral Time Machine. So The Time Machine is totally sold out. Congrats Paul.

MikeDuke
11-20-2019, 10:23 AM
There are 7 RB left and 28 IAL left. Plus there are still a good number of Brother left.

Munnecom
11-20-2019, 10:46 AM
Where did those extra babies come from?

Room 217 Caretaker
11-20-2019, 11:13 AM

The devils in the details (sorry, just had to do that).

Mulleins

Jason Sechrest
11-20-2019, 11:18 AM

Hmm...

https://turmarion.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/church-lady.jpg

MikeDuke
11-20-2019, 11:21 AM
You have to check Paul's entire site. Like going to Store and then all editions. I found out there were some left a long time ago,
but I think Paul wanted people to find them own there own.
Or, it could just be what Jason has in his spoiler. At this point, it's a toss up.

becca69
11-20-2019, 11:34 AM

Hmm...

https://turmarion.files.wordpress.com/2018/07/church-lady.jpg

:rofl:

MikeDuke
11-20-2019, 11:38 AM
Down to 4 RB now.

MikeDuke
11-20-2019, 12:57 PM
OK people. If you wanted one, or wanted a second one, this is it. We are down to 2 left.

Munnecom
11-20-2019, 01:43 PM
Paul or Becca, are those real leaves in the endpapers of The Road?

I got mine today. There is something about these books that no picture or video can convey. I love it!

From the little of it I read, the introduction seemed quite full of spoilers. For those who have read it, would you recommend reading it after the novel itself?

Hunchback Jack
11-20-2019, 02:32 PM
Merrin’s Cross arrived a couple of days ago, and it’s a beautiful looking thing. No pics as yet, but y’all know what it looks like :) .

Incidentally, the small box it was posted in had one corner smashed in. The paperweight itself was unmarred, thankfully. Paul, the care and trouble you take in packing our purchases is much appreciated!

kingfan2323
11-20-2019, 03:16 PM
To clarify : Time Machine in 3 states and the other two just numbered editions to 250?

MikeDuke
11-20-2019, 04:28 PM
RB OUT OF PRINT.

MikeDuke
11-20-2019, 04:39 PM
To clarify : Time Machine in 3 states and the other two just numbered editions to 250?

The other two will be in at least 2 states Numbered and lettered. I thought I read that they would in RN as well but I can't find that now.

zelig
11-20-2019, 04:41 PM
Thank you everyone for all of the good words. I appreciate it! Most importantly, I am pleased that you are so happy with The Road and Rosemary's Baby.

Yes, they are leaves from a mango tree.

The Time Machine has Lettered, Numbered and Roman Numeral. The Invisible Man and The War of the Worlds currently have two official states, Lettered and Numbered.

firemonkey66
11-20-2019, 04:54 PM
Does anyone have an extra Haunting of Hill House planchette? I realized I don’t have one anymore, and that just doesn’t sit right with me. PM if you’re looking to sell, thanks!

zelig
11-20-2019, 08:14 PM
Does anyone have an extra Haunting of Hill House planchette? I realized I don’t have one anymore, and that just doesn’t sit right with me. PM if you’re looking to sell, thanks!

I know a guy who knows a guy who has one... so if you don't come right, get in touch with me and I will persuade the guy to give you one.

firemonkey66
11-20-2019, 10:12 PM

I know a guy who knows a guy who has one... so if you don't come right, get in touch with me and I will persuade the guy to give you one.

Haha, I’m a dumbass, I know that guy too, I’ll ask him:)

Munnecom
11-20-2019, 11:37 PM

That explains the taste. :P

Munnecom
11-20-2019, 11:42 PM

Same question, but for the Morse code booklet that came with the lettered Horns. I know this is a very (veryveryveryverrry) long shot, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

zelig
11-21-2019, 03:30 AM

Same question, but for the Morse code booklet that came with the lettered Horns. I know this is a very (veryveryveryverrry) long shot, but I'll throw it out there anyway.

I do know a guy for this one but he tells me there aren’t any left. And the thing is, even if there were he could only let those go if you owned a Lettered Horns and somehow misplaced your copy or your dog thought the Bugra paper cover might make for a delicious afternoon snack. He did ask me to apologize for not being able to assist on this particular request!

Munnecom
11-21-2019, 04:45 AM
It must be nice to have such resourceful friends. :lol:

Thanks anyway!

kingfan2323
11-21-2019, 09:02 AM
Hoping for help to find The Road #208. Appreciate it.

Thx

looking for: The Road #208, Hill House numbered,
Dead Zone 1st/1st

Patrick
11-21-2019, 09:05 AM

This is such a cool detail.

Brian861
11-21-2019, 09:08 AM

Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Paul knows a guy.

kingfan2323
11-21-2019, 09:13 AM

Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Paul knows a guy.Paul seems to know a lot of guys in this thread. An old boss taught me to ask "co-workers" first and then the "boss". Ha!

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Hunchback Jack
11-21-2019, 04:56 PM
I started reading Rosemary’s Baby today, and I’m almost halfway through. It’s great - and has a very specific feel to it. Almost like a Hitchcock movie about well-off people running into trouble. That’s a good thing, by the way, just not something I expected.

Brian861
11-21-2019, 11:26 PM
I started reading Rosemary’s Baby today, and I’m almost halfway through. It’s great - and has a very specific feel to it. Almost like a Hitchcock movie about well-off people running into trouble. That’s a good thing, by the way, just not something I expected.

One of my all time favorite books!

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-22-2019, 04:07 AM
I loved reading ROSEMARY'S BABY, but sometimes I suspect that the devil made me do it!

Hunchback Jack
11-22-2019, 09:42 AM
I finished it last night. I can see why it’s a classic - a real rollercoaster of a read. Unfortunately I already knew the big reveal at the end; I cant imagine what it must have been like to read it cold. But it was still very enjoyable - the way what is actually happening in the novel, what Rosemary thinks is happening, and what the reader thinks is happening, all change throughout.

kingfan2323
11-22-2019, 10:10 AM
I finished it last night. I can see why it’s a classic - a real rollercoaster of a read. Unfortunately I already knew the big reveal at the end; I cant imagine what it must have been like to read it cold. But it was still very enjoyable - the way what is actually happening in the novel, what Rosemary thinks is happening, and what the reader thinks is happening, all change throughout.One of the fun debates in the arts. The movie vs. Book convo but also the reaction to a book in which you saw the movie already and how that can completely change your perception of the book.

Read my first King in 87 and was already a film fan. Therefore I never got to read Carrie , The Shining, Salems Lot, Christine, Cujo, Dead Zone, Firestarter, Cycle, Trucks, or The Body, or The Running Man cold.

Sucks right!

I remember how excited I was that I got to see Misery AFTER reading the book.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

zelig
11-22-2019, 12:44 PM
What a great morning working on the parchment binding for I Am Legend. This book is going to be beautiful, inside and out. We tested the gold foil stamping, and the results are really wonderful. Using parchment in bookbinding is not something you see too much. It is not easy to work with and is costly, but the end result is a book that can really stand on its own in terms of its uniqueness. I thought you'd like to see these behind the scenes photos of the tests we did with the foil stamping. This book is going to be very special.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/LegendProdUpdateParchment-1.jpg

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-22-2019, 12:48 PM
A legendary printing of a legendary classic.

MikeDuke
11-22-2019, 12:50 PM
Looks awesome as always Paul. Are those pics from the numbered ed? And is it going to say that on the cover? I can't wait for this one, and all the others to follow.
P.S There are still 27 of these lonely books who are looking for a nice home.

Br!an
11-22-2019, 03:34 PM
Do the pics not display in Firefox only? Are other people seeing them? I have to click Reply With Quote to open the URL in a new tab to see the picture.

Simon, my friend, could you make the pictures work?

zelig
11-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Looks awesome as always Paul. Are those pics from the numbered ed? And is it going to say that on the cover? I can't wait for this one, and all the others to follow.
P.S There are still 27 of these lonely books who are looking for a nice home.

Yes Numbered. If you take a look at the images on the announcement page you will see that the stamping shown here is for the spine. The cover is not parchment.

MikeDuke
11-22-2019, 05:35 PM
What a great morning working on the parchment binding for I Am Legend. This book is going to be beautiful, inside and out. We tested the gold foil stamping, and the results are really wonderful. Using parchment in bookbinding is not something you see too much. It is not easy to work with and is costly, but the end result is a book that can really stand on its own in terms of its uniqueness. I thought you'd like to see these behind the scenes photos of the tests we did with the foil stamping. This book is going to be very special.

Got you Paul. But the front and back of the book will look like this right?

lotuz
11-22-2019, 09:19 PM
No, those are two different pictures of the parchment (calfskin?) spine - the top (author and title) and the bottom (publisher).

The front and back boards of the book are rust-ish colored paper, currently very minimalist, with only a stamped "heart".

Look again at this mock-up: https://shop.suntup.press/collections/books/products/i-am-legend-by-richard-matheson-numbered-edition

MikeDuke
11-23-2019, 10:49 AM
Got you lotuz. I guess my L.D kicked in.

lotuz
11-23-2019, 09:17 PM

In the closeup they look wide enough to be covers

That's what I saw at first too :)

MikeDuke
11-23-2019, 09:48 PM

In the closeup they look wide enough to be covers

That's what I saw at first too :)
Understood. Thanks for the explanation. And congrats again. .

Brian861
11-25-2019, 12:45 AM
I passed on IAL initially, but after receiving RB and The Road, I realized my mistake and have since corrected it.

NiceM
11-25-2019, 01:27 AM
I passed on IAL initially, but after receiving RB and The Road, I realized my mistake and have since corrected it.

I'm on the lettered track, but the vellum is VERY tempting to order the numbered as well...

Paul, if I yield to the lure of the vellum, can I add a numbered to my pre-order to prevent 2 shipments?

Best,
Maurice

stroppygoblin
11-25-2019, 03:00 AM
Do the pics not display in Firefox only? Are other people seeing them? I have to click Reply With Quote to open the URL in a new tab to see the picture.

Hi Brian. Not a lot I can do to help here as Paul has used the standard [IMG] tags around his images and it all works fine my end (I tested on Chrome and Safari - I dont use Firefox). Only thing I can suggest is you run through the options here (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-show). It may be a security setting your end.

zelig
11-25-2019, 06:53 AM

I'm on the lettered track, but the vellum is VERY tempting to order the numbered as well...

Paul, if I yield to the lure of the vellum, can I add a numbered to my pre-order to prevent 2 shipments?

Best,
Maurice

Yes for this book we will ship Lettered and Numbered orders together. Yield away.

NiceM
11-25-2019, 07:18 AM
Oi, need to come up with a plan for the missus. Ill put it in comments when the Vellum takes posession of my soul

MikeDuke
11-25-2019, 07:29 AM
Your start of the week count
Brother-129
IAL-25

Aremag
11-25-2019, 07:43 AM
I'm so tempted by the Brother but can't pull the trigger....yet.

Br!an
11-25-2019, 07:59 AM

Hi Brian. Not a lot I can do to help here as Paul has used the standard [IMG] tags around his images and it all works fine my end (I tested on Chrome and Safari - I dont use Firefox). Only thing I can suggest is you run through the options here (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-show). It may be a security setting your end.

Thanks, I figured it out. suntup.press was red flagged by Privacy Badger.

MikeDuke
11-25-2019, 11:29 AM
Great email update on IAL. It's also on the main site.

Hunchback Jack
11-25-2019, 03:35 PM

Dammit, Paul, I haven't finished swooning over Rosemary's Baby, and the Road, yet! :lol:

Seriously, though, it looks stunning. The detailed writeup on FB makes me very excited about this title.

HBJ

kingfan2323
11-25-2019, 04:22 PM
What did the limit end up being for RB gift edition?

Thx

Dead Zone 1st/1st

sullichin
11-25-2019, 05:09 PM
I caved and ordered Brother...

I need to read it. Can anyone speak for the audible version? I can't tell from the sample if I like the narrator

Garrell
11-25-2019, 06:06 PM

I need to read it. Can anyone speak for the audible version? I can't tell from the sample if I like the narrator
He was ok, but the story....amazing!!!

jeffingoff
11-25-2019, 06:24 PM
My shelf until I get The Road.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191126/7c2827e77b3d973a98eb6815b487c560.jpg

Hunchback Jack
11-25-2019, 06:54 PM
Having both dustjackets of RB is a great idea!

kingfan2323
11-25-2019, 07:39 PM
Envy is a deadly sin right? Ugh.
Nice shelf of books, Jeff.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

firemonkey66
11-25-2019, 10:02 PM

The narrator is awful, don’t buy it.

Brian861
11-25-2019, 11:21 PM

The narrator is awful, don’t buy it.

Agreed!

Brian861
11-25-2019, 11:48 PM
Great email update on IAL. It's also on the main site.

Looks to be yet another great production for sure.

Brian861
11-26-2019, 12:00 AM

Best,
Maurice

Nice! I hope to be able to get on the lettered track one of these days.

webstar1000
11-26-2019, 06:08 AM
What date was it again for the December release of a letter only?

MikeDuke
11-26-2019, 06:27 AM

From one of the news letters
"On Friday, December 6th we will make our final book announcement of the year, which will be available for pre-order the following day provided that it does not sell out during the private pre-order."
"This will also be a very unique release in that it is only available as a Lettered edition," "The private pre-order window for these 26 copies will begin Monday, December 2nd."

webstar1000
11-26-2019, 06:28 AM

From one of the news letters
"On Friday, December 6th we will make our final book announcement of the year, which will be available for pre-order the following day provided that it does not sell out during the private pre-order."
"This will also be a very unique release in that it is only available as a Lettered edition,"

cool. Next Fri then:) Thanks MIke

MikeDuke
11-26-2019, 06:32 AM
Kris
The private pre order looks like it's the 2nd, which would be next Mon though Kris. Unless I am reading it wrong, which is possible.

jeffingoff
11-26-2019, 06:59 AM
Having both dustjackets of RB is a great idea!

Envy is a deadly sin right? Ugh.
Nice shelf of books, Jeff.

Dead Zone 1st/1st

Thanks! I can't wait to read one of those babies.

jeffingoff
11-26-2019, 07:02 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of the lettered RB. As well as the lettered IAL. I can't see how that stake on the cover is going to work with the tray case. But I'm certain Paul has the perfect solution.

zelig
11-27-2019, 03:05 PM
I just loaded 4 copies of the Horns AGE if you missed out or want another. These are undamaged copies left over from the run:

HORNS BY JOE HILL - ARTIST GIFT EDITION (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions/products/horns-by-joe-hill-artist-gift-edition)

M_O_O_N
11-27-2019, 04:54 PM
I just loaded 4 copies of the Horns AGE if you missed out or want another. These are undamaged copies left over from the run:

HORNS BY JOE HILL - ARTIST GIFT EDITION (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/in-print-editions/products/horns-by-joe-hill-artist-gift-edition)

...and then there were three.