PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

zelig
11-01-2019, 11:38 AM
Any chance of a sneak preview of the lettered Paul ?

Not much to show right now. They are being bound, but if I can get some behind-the-scenes shots I'll post them.

Awesome email update on Brother. It looks really good. Looks like the pics are of the numbered ed and it does look awesome. Very excited for this one.

Yeah. The variations from one copy to the next make it very tempting to want multiple copies.

I agree. You should purchase several.

Salesman of the Year material, folks :emot-roflolmao:

Yes, I'm very proud of my achievement. I'm hoping for buymorebooks some sort of official buymorebooks recognition and an buymorebooks awards ceremony. I'm in the process of pioneering a unique subliminal advertising buymorebooks concept which I think will have buymorebooks amazing results.

Hunchback Jack
11-01-2019, 11:47 AM
Three more copies ordered. Somehow. ;)

HBJ

jeffingoff
11-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Three more copies ordered. Somehow. ;)

HBJ

I'm not surprised after that production update. In fact, someone on my YouTube channel broke down and confessed to buying one just two hours ago. I took the confession and blessed that individual.

MikeDuke
11-01-2019, 11:59 AM
So I am taking responsibility of giving people a little push OK :).

Munnecom
11-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Any chance of a sneak preview of the lettered Paul ?

Not much to show right now. They are being bound, but if I can get some behind-the-scenes shots I'll post them.

Awesome email update on Brother. It looks really good. Looks like the pics are of the numbered ed and it does look awesome. Very excited for this one.

Yeah. The variations from one copy to the next make it very tempting to want multiple copies.

I agree. You should purchase several.

Salesman of the Year material, folks :emot-roflolmao:

Yes, I'm very proud of my achievement. I'm hoping for buymorebooks some sort of official buymorebooks recognition and an buymorebooks awards ceremony. I'm in the process of pioneering a unique subliminal advertising buymorebooks concept which I think will have buymorebooks amazing results.

For your stream on Friday, you should do that thing they do in Fight Club with the one-frame shots, except with a title card that says “buy more books” instead of a penis.

Randall Flagg
11-01-2019, 12:30 PM
You can't leave out the penis. Just wouldn't be right.

jeffingoff
11-01-2019, 12:32 PM
Maybe buymoresuntupbooksnow is written on the penis?

Munnecom
11-01-2019, 12:42 PM
I can’t wait for the reveal of the Fifty Shades trilogy on Monday.

Kongo
11-01-2019, 01:04 PM
Maybe buymoresuntupbooksnow is written on the penis?

It'll have to be a veiny, big old triumphant bastard to fit all of that

The Library Policeman
11-01-2019, 01:23 PM
You could fit “buy” on mine. :evil:

Brian861
11-01-2019, 10:54 PM
You could fit “buy” on mine. :evil:

:rofl:

Brian861
11-02-2019, 09:56 AM
Portfolio out for delivery!

Patrick
11-02-2019, 10:14 AM
I was honored to have been able to meet up with the WORLD FAMOUS ARIEL BOSI at the Doctor Sleep premier last night! Thanks Ari, it was a really fun time.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ps_ari.jpg

I love this!

On a side note, my HORNS art portfolio arrived today. It’s beautiful!

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-02-2019, 02:49 PM
Just finished reading the Artist Edition of HORNS. Hell's Bells, what a good, rollicking read! I read the introduction last, but I could have read it first, it gave nothing away, which is what I like. Mr. Hill sounds like an interesting fellow.

Joe315
11-02-2019, 05:51 PM
The portfolio is really nice. Good job Paul!

Hunchback Jack
11-02-2019, 08:41 PM
The portfolio is extraordinary. Thank you, Paul, it’s amazing.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/DEBDB4C8-FDB2-463F-8A4C-B55B8D578DEA.jpeg

Brian861
11-02-2019, 09:32 PM
Just finished reading the Artist Edition of HORNS. Hell's Bells, what a good, rollicking read! I read the introduction last, but I could have read it first, it gave nothing away, which is what I like. Mr. Hill sounds like an interesting fellow.

Glad you enjoyed it, Steve! An all time favorite.

Brian861
11-02-2019, 10:19 PM
The portfolio is extraordinary. Thank you, Paul, it’s amazing.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/DEBDB4C8-FDB2-463F-8A4C-B55B8D578DEA.jpeg

I couldn't agree more, Peter!

Paul, you've managed to out do yourself, again!

21 of these left. Get it now, people! You won't be sorry.

Munnecom
11-03-2019, 12:50 AM
That means you, Mr Terry! ;)

peripheral
11-03-2019, 01:33 AM
That looks amazing... Nice one.

Munnecom
11-03-2019, 02:33 AM
Have the winners of the signed The Road print or the I Am Legend ARCs been selected yet?

jeffingoff
11-03-2019, 06:36 AM

Goddamnit!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffingoff
11-03-2019, 06:42 AM

I’m in a holding pattern until I know what the three book set is. And then I’ll be buying a three book set so I’ll have no money for portfolios or additional copies of Brother. It’s all very painful.

Munnecom
11-03-2019, 07:20 AM
I’m in a holding pattern until I know what the three book set is.

About that... less than 26 hours to go! :panic:

MikeDuke
11-03-2019, 07:23 AM
Very much looking forward to tomorrow. Still looking like Wed for to get the portfolio.

jeffingoff
11-03-2019, 07:23 AM
I’m in a holding pattern until I know what the three book set is.

About that... less than 26 hours to go! :panic:

IKR?!?!

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-03-2019, 08:09 AM
Started the Suntup Artist Edition of ROSEMARY'S BABY this morning and am halfway through it already. If nothing else, Paul is opening me up to great books I've never read. I'm sure I'll finish it before the day is over.

zelig
11-03-2019, 09:14 AM
Thank you for those comments on the Horns Art Portfolio. I am pleased that you like it. I was very happy with how it turned out.

Have the winners of the signed The Road print or the I Am Legend ARCs been selected yet?

The winners of the signed The Road print were revealed around the end of September on a FB live broadcast. The IAL ARC winners, all 20 of then, have already been chosen at random and I will reveal those on the FB live on Friday. Some on that list are members here.

I’m in a holding pattern until I know what the three book set is. And then I’ll be buying a three book set so I’ll have no money for portfolios or additional copies of Brother. It’s all very painful.

Jeff, stop torturing yourself. Just buy everything. It's so simple... :-P

Munnecom
11-03-2019, 10:37 AM
Thanks!

Hunchback Jack
11-03-2019, 10:59 AM
If nothing else, Paul is opening me up to great books I've never read.

Me too. I’ve read enjoyed HHH and Brother thanks to their Suntup release. Looking forward to reading RB after my current book.

Brian861
11-03-2019, 11:05 AM
Started the Suntup Artist Edition of ROSEMARY'S BABY this morning and am halfway through it already. If nothing else, Paul is opening me up to great books I've never read. I'm sure I'll finish it before the day is over.

Another great book.

jeffingoff
11-03-2019, 12:31 PM
If nothing else, Paul is opening me up to great books I've never read.

Me too. I’ve read enjoyed HHH and Brother thanks to their Suntup release. Looking forward to reading RB after my current book.

This is so true. Ever since Paul picked one of my all time favorite King books to put his press on the map, I've trusted his picks. I've read Hill House, Horns, and Brother--my first time reading these books and these authors--because Paul picked them. And each time that trust was rewarded. I loved all of them. I'll read Rosemary's Baby for the first time when it's delivered (see what I did there) and I'm betting I'll be happy when I do. The cherry on all of this is the fact that Paul is also publishing The Road--a book that achieves perfection.

webstar1000
11-03-2019, 12:39 PM
I’m gonna read my rosemary too:)

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-03-2019, 03:12 PM
I finished ROSEMARY'S BABY in one day.
Here are my comments, and I know, who cares?

1. I love the black covers
2. The foreword should be an afterword, gives too much away (I read it after I read the book, so no problem there)
3. I loved the book.
4. What is the anagram? I am either too dumb or too lazy or both to figure it out.

Brian861
11-03-2019, 10:28 PM
I finished ROSEMARY'S BABY in one day.
Here are my comments, and I know, who cares?

1. I love the black covers
2. The foreword should be an afterword, gives too much away (I read it after I read the book, so no problem there)
3. I loved the book.
4. What is the anagram? I am either too dumb or too lazy or both to figure it out.

In spoilers in case someone hasn't read the book yet:

There are two anagram puzzles in the original Rosemary's Baby: All of Them Witches, which is the title of a book Hutch gives Rosemary; and then Roman Castavet, which is the anagram for another name in the book, Steven Marcato.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-04-2019, 04:53 AM
Thanks Brian.
In that case, there were none that I missed.

NiceM
11-04-2019, 06:27 AM
Got my letter locked in Paul. You got me for life with these books. Went for all 3. Going in spouse-evasion-mode now.

MikeDuke
11-04-2019, 06:27 AM
Just ordered the new set. Very excited.

amd013
11-04-2019, 08:04 AM
Hey Paul, the links for the teaser videos are marked private (at least for me).

I know what I want for a bonus on the first book. :wink:

becca69
11-04-2019, 08:12 AM
Hey Paul, the links for the teaser videos are marked private (at least for me).

I know what I want for a bonus on the first book. :wink:

You should be able to use the password.

zelig
11-04-2019, 08:15 AM
Yes. Right below the links in the email there is a password.

ym2000
11-04-2019, 08:33 AM
Got my letter locked in Paul. You got me for life with these books. Went for all 3. Going in spouse-evasion-mode now.

Seriously. I have no idea what to tell my wife. No idea.

jeffingoff
11-04-2019, 08:35 AM

I made the mistake of asking permission instead of forgiveness.

MikeDuke
11-04-2019, 08:39 AM
For anyone who has not checked out the letter press video, you really should. It makes me love these books even more to know the all the work that goes into just getting the
words on the page.

Roseannebarr
11-04-2019, 08:49 AM

I made the mistake of asking permission instead of forgiveness.

Pm me the titles you pre ordered. I can keep a secret. Thank you

amd013
11-04-2019, 09:40 AM
For anyone who has not checked out the letter press video, you really should. It makes me love these books even more to know the all the work that goes into just getting the
words on the page.

Holly Crap, I had no idea it was such a manual process, I thought for sure there would be more automation then that.

NiceM
11-04-2019, 09:45 AM

I got a whole script planned out. it involves shoes and bags of equal pricing. And by hood's breath, there are bags in this world that put Paul's books to shame when it comes to pricing...

MikeDuke
11-04-2019, 09:45 AM
words on the page.

Holly Crap, I had no idea it was such a manual process, I thought for sure there would be more automation then that.
I know right. I can't imagine doing a really long book like that. I can't define really long, but over 300 pages seems long to like that.

MikeDuke
11-04-2019, 09:47 AM

I got a whole script planned out. it involves shoes and bags of equal pricing. And by hood's breath, there are bags in this world that put Paul's books to shame when it comes to pricing...
All right. So crisis averted.

amd013
11-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Hey Paul, just curious is this set the next 3 books to be published? (not counting the lettered only book) Or will there be other books announced between book 1 and book 2 and/or book 3? If so, how will rights ownership be handled for someone who orders the set, but doesn't order all the other books before book 3?

Caliban
11-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Good and relevant question amd013 !

Very delicate presentation from Suntup Editions and thank you for re-sending the e-mail. I got it in the end :)

becca69
11-04-2019, 10:09 AM
Hey Paul, just curious is this set the next 3 books to be published? (not counting the lettered only book) Or will there be other books announced between book 1 and book 2 and/or book 3? If so, how will rights ownership be handled for someone who orders the set, but doesn't order all the other books before book 3?

There will be other books announced in between the 3 books. If you preorder the set, you are guaranteed matching numbers. If you order (individually) the titles published in between the books, you will maintain/match your number. (So it's the same number matching as usual for individual books - if you bought the previous release, whatever that may be, then you can match.)

Br!an
11-04-2019, 01:18 PM

There will be other books announced in between the 3 books. If you preorder the set, you are guaranteed matching numbers. If you order (individually) the titles published in between the books, you will maintain/match your number. (So it's the same number matching as usual for individual books - if you bought the previous release, whatever that may be, then you can match.)

If you don't order the three book set, then you must maintain your number by ordering all intervening Suntup books to get a number matched set. If you fail to order each book, your number will be lost to someone else.

becca69
11-04-2019, 01:21 PM
Exactly.

SystemCrashOverRide
11-04-2019, 01:45 PM
When do the rest of us get to find out? I'm sure it's been stated somewhere - but for us pleebs, when's the public announcement?

becca69
11-04-2019, 01:51 PM
When do the rest of us get to find out? I'm sure it's been stated somewhere - but for us pleebs, when's the public announcement?

The teaser will be released Friday and the announcement and ordering is opened on Saturday at 9am PST.

SystemCrashOverRide
11-04-2019, 01:52 PM

The teaser will be released Friday and the announcement and ordering is opened on Saturday at 9am PST.

Thank you Becca!

zelig
11-04-2019, 02:19 PM

Thank you Becca!

And just to set the record straight, you're not a pleeb. You're just someone who didn't buy the Legend Numbered. Clearly my subliminal advertising didn't work with you. I must try another approach! :smile:

SystemCrashOverRide
11-04-2019, 02:53 PM
That approach should consist of sending me money - otherwise I will remain a AGE buyer.

To be clear, I would love to buy nicer editions, it's just not in the cards pour moi

MikeDuke
11-04-2019, 03:50 PM
Just get what you can. I know. I am not in a pinch, but it's getting tight. That's OK. I just have to be more selective and save as much as possible.
And I am sure there will be other books in your price range that won't sell out right away. I will tell you what people tell me (even though it's tough to hear because
sometimes we as buyers no better), never say never.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-04-2019, 05:11 PM
After looking at what I owe, and what I have, and what I have coming, fund wise, I must, extremely reluctantly, pass on this latest offering. I don't want to, but I have to, since I've stretched my budget way past the breaking point already. I'm still trying to figure out how I'll pay for some forthcoming expensive books without paying interest on my credit, and I don't see how I'll be able to, so I don't want to add to that. There are just too many offerings at this time, and I simply can't take them all. There goes my number.

Patrick
11-04-2019, 06:26 PM
I have the Numbered and Gift Editions of I AM LEGEND on preorder. Should I have received an email about this new preorder?

zelig
11-04-2019, 07:09 PM
I have the Numbered and Gift Editions of I AM LEGEND on preorder. Should I have received an email about this new preorder?

Hi Patrick. Yes you should have. Of the emails that went out, 7 of them remain unopened. You are one of those 7. So I'm guessing it has landed in your junk mail. I'd bet it's in there. If it's not, let me know.

ruderabbit
11-04-2019, 07:50 PM

Hi Patrick. Yes you should have. Of the emails that went out, 7 of them remain unopened. You are one of those 7. So I'm guessing it has landed in your junk mail. I'd bet it's in there. If it's not, let me know.

Hi Paul,
I did get an email this morning, but it was an announcement about I am Legend. I figured you hit a wrong button or something. Looking forward to whatever this new book is going to be.
Mark

zelig
11-04-2019, 07:56 PM

Hi Paul,
I did get an email this morning, but it was an announcement about I am Legend. I figured you hit a wrong button or something. Looking forward to whatever this new book is going to be.
Mark

That is very strange. I didn't send out any announcement about IAL. Can you forward that to me? Also, you are on that list of 7 people who have not opened the email for the new release. Check spam/junk mail.

Patrick
11-04-2019, 11:06 PM

You were correct, there it was. Strange that a Suntup email was diverted there by my system. Anyway, we’re good. Thanks.

EDIT after opening the email:

Very happy about this set! Order placed.

Patrick
11-04-2019, 11:37 PM
words on the page.

Holy Crap, I had no idea it was such a manual process, I thought for sure there would be more automation then that.
I know right. I can't imagine doing a really long book like that. I can't define really long, but over 300 pages seems long to like that.
That was really impressive. I wanted the video to keep going a lot longer.

zelig
11-05-2019, 06:59 AM
In case anyone hasn’t looked at the status updates page, I’m really pleased to report that the bookbinding phase of Rosemary’s Baby Numbered is now complete and a pallet of books is headed to Suntup HQ. I should have them in about 2 days. Then I will break it down, hand number the books and get them turned around for shipping. Been a long road but we are very close now.

MikeDuke
11-05-2019, 07:02 AM
In case anyone hasn’t looked at the status updates page, I’m really pleased to report that the bookbinding phase of Rosemary’s Baby Numbered is now complete and a pallet of books is headed to Suntup HQ. I should have them in about 2 days. Then I will break it down, hand number the books and get them turned around for shipping. Been a long road but we are very close now.
I noticed that. And was grinning ear to ear when I saw that. Still a lot of work for you I know. But it's very exciting.

jeffingoff
11-05-2019, 07:27 AM
I put on my Rosemary's Baby socks this morning and now the bookbinding phase of Paul's numbered edition is done. Coincidence? I think not.

zelig
11-05-2019, 07:41 AM
Definitely not. It’s part of the magic of jeffingoff. Be sure to put on your The Road socks next week.

jeffingoff
11-05-2019, 07:44 AM
I'm gonna need more socks.

Munnecom
11-05-2019, 08:20 AM
To Jeff off with?

jeffingoff
11-05-2019, 08:23 AM
To Jeff off with?

With, in, on, it's all the same. Socks come in handy. Is that a pun?

OldCrow88
11-05-2019, 04:43 PM
To Jeff off with?

With, in, on, it's all the same. Socks come in handy. Is that a pun?

Quite a stroke of wit.

Munnecom
11-05-2019, 11:32 PM
For all you folks in the private pre-order club: the release dates of all three books have been moved forward by several months. Check out the product pages for the new dates. :excited:

MikeDuke
11-06-2019, 06:11 AM
For all you folks in the private pre-order club: the release dates of all three books have been moved forward by several months. Check out the product pages for the new dates. :excited:
I did not see any specific dates but it does look like they were moved up. I like that a lot.

OldCrow88
11-06-2019, 07:03 AM
I did not see any specific dates but it does look like they were moved up. I like that a lot.

It's a setup. Paul's just clearing schedule for a 12-book set he'll announce next November :lol1:

Garrell
11-06-2019, 07:07 AM
He reduced that set to 12?:wink1:

zelig
11-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Get it straight guys, it's 24 books being released 2 a month. And there's a Roman Numeral for every one of them.

MikeDuke
11-06-2019, 08:06 AM
Get it straight guys, it's 24 books being released 2 a month. And there's a Roman Numeral for every one of them.
I guess I will need that extra bookcase after all.

jeffingoff
11-06-2019, 08:39 AM

My understanding was that these books were coming with their own Suntup Bookcase Enclosure. Am I wrong?

MikeDuke
11-06-2019, 08:44 AM

My understanding was that these books were coming with their own Suntup Bookcase Enclosure. Am I wrong?
Maybe I missed that memo. But if true, it would make my life a little easier.

becca69
11-06-2019, 08:49 AM

No, make that your own Suntup library addition! (I actually need this Paul) :innocent:

amd013
11-06-2019, 09:03 AM

No, that is a separate accessory, sold separately, like the paperweights.

Seriously though, I sometimes think publishers like Paul or CD should give a free bookcase for every 100 books or something!!!! Only mostly kidding!

Munnecom
11-06-2019, 10:52 AM
Easton Press has something like that: here (https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/333/3302/UNDER-THE-WINDOW-BOOKSHELF?cm_st=2&cm_s=ps%3a3302) and here (https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/FD0/3410/END-TABLE-BOOKSHELF?cm_st=2&cm_s=ps%3a3410).

zelig
11-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Easton Press has something like that: here (https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/333/3302/UNDER-THE-WINDOW-BOOKSHELF?cm_st=2&cm_s=ps%3a3302) and here (https://www.eastonpress.com/prod/FD0/3410/END-TABLE-BOOKSHELF?cm_st=2&cm_s=ps%3a3410).

Don't give me ideas now...

Patrick
11-06-2019, 11:35 AM

We all know you’d offer a better product, Paul, including glass doors to better protect our fine Suntup editions.

jeffingoff
11-06-2019, 11:38 AM

We all know you’d offer a better product, Paul, including glass doors to better protect our fine Suntup editions.

Glass doors with UV protection and climate control vents so the books are always kept cool and dry. not too humid or arid

Hunchback Jack
11-06-2019, 11:41 AM
Seriously tho, I need to rearrange my library to put all the Suntup books and schwag together. They’re scattered about, arranges by author, and that doesn’t work well with the portfolio and paperweights.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-06-2019, 11:44 AM
I retract my previous statement and have now ordered the books. I made the mistake of reading the announcement, silly me.

MikeDuke
11-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Have my portfolio waiting for me at home. I am excited to check it out.

Munnecom
11-06-2019, 12:41 PM
Seriously tho, I need to rearrange my library to put all the Suntup books and schwag together. They’re scattered about, arranges by author, and that doesn’t work well with the portfolio and paperweights.

Mine are grouped together, except when I have a dedicated shelf for that author. Horns is on the Joe Hill shelf, Misery in the King section and Hill House has been sitting all alone on the Suntup shelf, waiting for Rosemary's Baby and The Road to keep it company.

Similarly, the three books in this new set will go with the rest of my My Little Pony collection. :deadhorse:

jeffingoff
11-06-2019, 12:46 PM

My collection isn't all that extensive, but I decided to put whatever Suntups I own together in the order of their publication. I just couldn't split them up.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-06-2019, 12:46 PM
This may be a dumb question, but are the portfolio numbers numbers supposed to match the book numbers?

EDIT - Oops, I mean, on HORNS

MikeDuke
11-06-2019, 12:51 PM
This may be a dumb question, but are the portfolio numbers numbers supposed to match the book numbers?

Yes. If you have Horns, your number for the portfolio should match that number. There were only 125 portfolios though.
This is right from the website
"The limitation sheet will be hand numbered or lettered, and for those who own either a Lettered of Limited edition of Horns, we will automatically match your portfolio to your registered number or letter."
If any one is still on the fence, there are 21 portfolios left.

MikeDuke
11-06-2019, 12:55 PM

My collection isn't all that extensive, but I decided to put whatever Suntups I own together in the order of their publication. I just couldn't split them up.
This is what I am doing Jeff. All Suntup books together.

Munnecom
11-06-2019, 01:03 PM

Yes, but the sequence won't match. I'll get #158/125.

Ari_Racing
11-06-2019, 01:25 PM
I was honored to have been able to meet up with the WORLD FAMOUS ARIEL BOSI at the Doctor Sleep premier last night! Thanks Ari, it was a really fun time.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ps_ari.jpg

FINALLY I'm able to catch up! THese days I took as holidays weren't going to be free and I've been swamped as hell since my return.

It was AWESOME to meet you, Paul! I enjoyed a lot our chat and impressions and it was a real pleasure to give you my congrats for your work and ideas face to face. By the way: we met before the event and Paul showed me one book (already announced, but since I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it I won't :) ). I'm so AMAZED by his work that I can barely put it in words.

Hunchback Jack
11-06-2019, 01:29 PM

That's what I want to do. My collection isn't extensive either, but it's about to get more extensive with the forthcoming shipments. :excited:

HBJ

MikeDuke
11-06-2019, 01:41 PM

That's what I want to do. My collection isn't extensive either, but it's about to get more extensive with the forthcoming shipments. :excited:

HBJ
Peter, you don't have all of the numbered books? For some reason I thought you did. And my collection is also going to more extensive from now until the end of 2020.

Hunchback Jack
11-06-2019, 01:49 PM

HBJ
Peter, you don't have all of the numbered books? For some reason I thought you did. And my collection is also going to more extensive from now until the end of 2020.

Yes, I have all the numbered and gift editions, and I'm thrilled to be on both tracks. But some folks have all lettered, numbered, gift editions, ARCs, etc. So "extensive" is a relative term" :)

Incidentally, I'm looking for EOTD portfolio #46. If anyone here has it and would be open to offers, let me know, please!

HBJ

MikeDuke
11-06-2019, 01:53 PM
Well I don't have all the numbered or gift ed so you got me there. Your collection is great and will continue to be great.

jeffingoff
11-06-2019, 02:21 PM
FINALLY I'm able to catch up! THese days I took as holidays weren't going to be free and I've been swamped as hell since my return.

It was AWESOME to meet you, Paul! I enjoyed a lot our chat and impressions and it was a real pleasure to give you my congrats for your work and ideas face to face. By the way: we met before the event and Paul showed me one book (already announced, but since I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say it I won't :) ). I'm so AMAZED by his work that I can barely put it in words.

I'm sure whichever book it was, worked very well to win people over and get people itching to collaborate with Paul.

webstar1000
11-06-2019, 02:53 PM

Pretty sure Paul will match the number but they are not in order. Meaning 125 made but the numbers can be letters or up to the printed amount of the numbered.

Patrick
11-06-2019, 03:22 PM

Pretty sure Paul will match the number but they are not in order. Meaning 125 made but the numbers can be letters or up to the printed amount of the numbered.

This is correct. My HORNS art portfolio is numbered above 125 in order to match my Suntup book number.

zelig
11-06-2019, 04:09 PM

Yes they are. Did I mess up!? It has been known to happen. I will sort it out with you via PM.

This would be correct. There are 125 portfolios, matching to books that numbered up to 250. So it is a non-sequential designation.

I was honored to have been able to meet up with the WORLD FAMOUS ARIEL BOSI at the Doctor Sleep premier last night! Thanks Ari, it was a really fun time

Likewise Ari! Was a blast for sure. The book I showed him was a book block for the Lettered Rosemary's Baby. I happened to have it in my bag that day so I figured he's appreciate seeing it.

Yes, I have all the numbered and gift editions, and I'm thrilled to be on both tracks. But some folks have all lettered, numbered, gift editions, ARCs, etc. So "extensive" is a relative term" :)

HBJ

I have a fairly decent collection of Suntup books. Quite extensive.

MikeDuke
11-06-2019, 04:25 PM
Got my portfolio. Matches my number even though my number is #130. And I know there were only 125 of these made. I can't wait to really check it out thoroughly. The box is even really nice.

surly
11-06-2019, 06:22 PM
For the record, I wanna thank Paul for introducing me to BROTHER.
It's unlikely I would have ever read it if not for the Suntup treatment stamp of approval. Only about three quarters through but really diggin' it.

Kongo
11-06-2019, 10:46 PM
For the record, I wanna thank Paul for introducing me to BROTHER.
It's unlikely I would have ever read it if not for the Suntup treatment stamp of approval. Only about three quarters through but really diggin' it.

I've been raving about it to my friends. Be sure to check out Seed afterwards too. While not as good as Brother, it's still a very entertaining read

Hunchback Jack
11-06-2019, 10:58 PM
Shipping notice alert! :excited:

Br!an
11-07-2019, 04:41 AM
Paul, did all of the Rosemary's Baby AE ship? I purchased from DRP and haven't heard anything yet. I am just wondering if I should bug them about it or continue waiting impatiently?

Black Miau
11-07-2019, 05:21 AM
Paul, did all of the Rosemary's Baby AE ship? I purchased from DRP and haven't heard anything yet. I am just wondering if I should bug them about it or continue waiting impatiently?

We are in the same boat.

zelig
11-07-2019, 05:25 AM

We are in the same boat.

DRP's order for RB AGE shipped a few weeks ago. OAO. HAND.

zelig
11-07-2019, 05:38 AM
Shipping notice alert! :excited:

Pallet arrived yesterday. We broke it down, numbered all books and started packing. Finally shut down around 11pm. Labels have been cut so shipment notifications are all out. I expect everything to be packed today and will be picked up by the carriers. The Road will follow next week.

MikeDuke
11-07-2019, 05:57 AM
RB on the way.. Very excited to see it my email this morning :nana::dance::thumbsup::rock::excited:.
Can you tell.
Lot''s of work by you and your team Paul. And The Road next week? That deserves a few more :biggrin::biggrin1::clap:,

Munnecom
11-07-2019, 06:50 AM
My wife never sent me shipping notices when she delivered her babies...

Room 217 Caretaker
11-07-2019, 07:02 AM

I sort of had shipping notice of the baby arrival....the floor got wet really quick.

Mulleins

Brian861
11-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Shipping notice here as well!

becca69
11-07-2019, 07:56 AM

I sort of had shipping notice of the baby arrival....the floor got wet really quick.

Mulleins

Gross. :razz:

jsweet
11-07-2019, 08:04 AM

We are in the same boat.

FYI - I did receive my copy from DRP a couple of weeks ago, so I'd check with them.

Br!an
11-07-2019, 09:32 AM

We are in the same boat.

FYI - I did receive my copy from DRP a couple of weeks ago, so I'd check with them.

Thanks. I checked the web site and it shows a tracking number. It shipped on 11/01/19 and is due Saturday.

webstar1000
11-07-2019, 09:35 AM
My notice has arrived!!! Cannot wait

firemonkey66
11-07-2019, 06:19 PM
I know this is relatively last minute, but is anybody interested in a lettered set of the upcoming 3 volume release (or volume 1 anyway)? PM me if interested.

EDIT: I meant this for someone that already knows the titles from getting a numbered preorder email. Aka, someone who ordered the numbered, but really wants the lettered as well. I can’t/won’t reveal the titles or pricing, sorry for any confusion.

Brian861
11-07-2019, 11:02 PM
The baby is due to arrive Saturday :evil:

Joe315
11-08-2019, 09:12 AM
Put my order in. Thanks for opening me up to new authors. Only book I had read prior to your announcements was Horns. I’ve now read Brother, which was fantastic. Looking forward to the rest.

Brian861
11-08-2019, 09:54 AM
Anyone else having trouble viewing the teaser video? When I click on the link, it just takes me to the homepage.

willybusmc
11-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Anyone else having trouble viewing the teaser video? When I click on the link, it just takes me to the homepage.

I was able to successfully watch it via Facebook

Brian861
11-08-2019, 09:57 AM

Ok, I'll try that.

becca69
11-08-2019, 10:01 AM
The video should be working on the website now.

Brian861
11-08-2019, 10:01 AM

Ok, I'll try that.

It's also working now via the email link. No clue what the books are.

jeffingoff
11-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Another great FB Live session, Paul. Soon you will be doing fireside chats and maybe running for office! You got my vote. I can't wait to see the Roman Numeral edition and what's in store for the other 20 titles in the pipeline! Very exciting!

Brian861
11-08-2019, 10:44 PM
I don't want to spoil it for him, but I'm really surprised Mike hasn't checked in.

Munnecom
11-09-2019, 01:04 AM
Another great FB Live session, Paul. Soon you will be doing fireside chats and maybe running for office! You got my vote. I can't wait to see the Roman Numeral edition and what's in store for the other 20 titles in the pipeline! Very exciting!

I agree with the famous Mr Q-Tip, this was a good video. You’ve clearly gotten better at these.

I’m excited about the updates to your business model; I was one of the people who asked for more insight into what the future holds. If it ever comes down to it, I will give up all other publishers before getting off the Suntup train. It’ll be great to have more information beforehand, so as not to get caught unawares by a surprise announcement.

I’m also excited about the Roman Numeral edition you’re announcing today, because I’m curious to see how you’re going to top the lettered and what it’ll cost. Whatever it is will be way out of my range, but I’ll live vicariously through your status updates and the pictures people will post here and on Facebook.

Now, I’ve saved the most important questions for last: where the hell did you get that hammer and how much thought went into that Media Mail skit?! :emot-roflolmao:

zelig
11-09-2019, 05:40 AM
Now, I’ve saved the most important questions for last: where the hell did you get that hammer and how much thought went into that Media Mail skit?! :emot-roflolmao:

I bought it from a little store across the street called amazon.com. As to how much thought went into it, not much at all. Probably just ran with the initial idea and went searching for a hammer. When it came in I really wasn’t expecting it to be that big. Thought it would be a little dinky thing. Oh well, I’m pleased someone got a laugh out of it!

Black Miau
11-09-2019, 07:23 AM
When is the exact publication date of Rosemary's Baby? It would be great to know. Mostly I relate it to the first day of shipping, but maybe it's not the best way. Ok, I'm weird.

Munnecom
11-09-2019, 07:48 AM

I bought it from a little store across the street called amazon.com. As to how much thought went into it, not much at all. Probably just ran with the initial idea and went searching for a hammer. When it came in I really wasn’t expecting it to be that big. Thought it would be a little dinky thing. Oh well, I’m pleased someone got a laugh out of it!

That'll teach you to always check the size of any toys you order online.

zelig
11-09-2019, 07:55 AM
When is the exact publication date of Rosemary's Baby? It would be great to know. Mostly I relate it to the first day of shipping, but maybe it's not the best way. Ok, I'm weird.

I’d say 11/7/19 for this one.

That'll teach you to always check the size of any toys you order online.

True.

Hunchback Jack
11-09-2019, 09:09 AM
Lettered editions for The Time Machine sold out almost immediately.

The Roman Numeral edition sounds incredible. Still available as of now. Only 5 copies (or less) printed!

All editions look pretty special. A set of Wells' work is a great idea, Paul!

(In other news, my RB Numbered is out for delivery! :excited: )

HBJ

T-Dogz_AK47
11-09-2019, 09:33 AM
Wow! The H.G. Wells books are going to be incredible! :excited:

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-09-2019, 09:35 AM
I will let these go for 10,000 one dollar weekly payments, free postage!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/wells.JPG

Sorry, Paul

jeffingoff
11-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Congrats on a another fantastic production! A set definitely worthy of the Suntup treatment. I’m sure this one will be gone shortly.

Patrick
11-09-2019, 09:50 AM
I used to read H.G. Wells over and over when I was younger. I am excited you chose this project, Paul. Really looking forward to the Suntup treatment of all three books.

Munnecom
11-09-2019, 10:21 AM
Congratulations on another winner, Paul.

Now the secret is finally out, I can say that I am also very excited about this set. I have contemplated getting the new Folio set a few times, but now I'm glad I didn't. I only wish it were a quartet with The Island of Dr Moreau included.

I also love the bonus materials (especially those for TWotW) and the people you got to sign the books.

Regarding the RN edition: what is a drop back box?

NiceM
11-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Glad the word is out now! Super excited over your choice for this Paul. It feels like an art portfolio is destined for the whole set! Do you feel it too?:excited::rolleyes3:

zelig
11-09-2019, 10:48 AM
Congratulations on another winner, Paul.

Now the secret is finally out, I can say that I am also very excited about this set. I have contemplated getting the new Folio set a few times, but now I'm glad I didn't. I only wish it were a quartet with The Island of Dr Moreau included.

I also love the bonus materials (especially those for TWotW) and the people you got to sign the books.

Regarding the RN edition: what is a drop back box?

A drop back box is basically a clamshell box. It's just what it's called by the binder who is creating this edition.

Glad the word is out now! Super excited over your choice for this Paul. It feels like an art portfolio is destined for the whole set! Do you feel it too?:excited::rolleyes3:

I could feel it yes... Haven't planned for one, but would certainly give it consideration.

BadHatHarry
11-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Now that it's official - I love this set! Very unexpected, but what a fantastic choice. Wells and Verne were my first foray into "adult" sci-fi as a kid, and they'll always be special to me.

BadHatHarry
11-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Also, just curious, anything further develop from the Calvin and Hobbes request?

Munnecom
11-09-2019, 03:23 PM
Just one Roman Numeral edition left...

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-09-2019, 03:41 PM
Not enough time to buy a lottery ticket!

WeDealInLead
11-09-2019, 04:30 PM
I'm trying to process $39,000 for three books.

jeffingoff
11-09-2019, 04:45 PM

I once house sat for a family with a 16,000 square foot house. It had a 30 seat movie theatre, elevator, and 2 attached 3 car garages. You could airlift my house, garage, and entire lot and drop it all comfortably into this guys back yard. It was like the goddamned Overlook. It was a $2.5 million home. The taxes alone were $43k a year. I couldn’t sustain those bills for more than 2 months.

But someone could. And his house was in a gated community full of someones. Those are the people who can afford $40k for a three book set. And I’m glad to know that a few of those someones share my love of Suntup Editions.

zelig
11-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Also, just curious, anything further develop from the Calvin and Hobbes request?

Never heard back. When I find a moment I’ll hit it from a different angle.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-09-2019, 07:53 PM

I once house sat for a family with a 16,000 square foot house. It had a 30 seat movie theatre, elevator, and 2 attached 3 car garages. You could airlift my house, garage, and entire lot and drop it all comfortably into this guys back yard. It was like the goddamned Overlook. It was a $2.5 million home. The taxes alone were $43k a year. I couldn’t sustain those bills for more than 2 months.

But someone could. And his house was in a gated community full of someones. Those are the people who can afford $40k for a three book set. And I’m glad to know that a few of those someones share my love of Suntup Editions.

I drove past Henry Ford's house once.

Brian861
11-09-2019, 11:08 PM
Lettered editions for The Time Machine sold out almost immediately.

The Roman Numeral edition sounds incredible. Still available as of now. Only 5 copies (or less) printed!

All editions look pretty special. A set of Wells' work is a great idea, Paul!

(In other news, my RB Numbered is out for delivery! :excited: )

HBJ

Man, I was so tempted to jump on the lettered train but still can't quite manage it yet. Probably a few years out realistically without it being a burden. Received my RB yesterday afternoon and will be opening it shortly! I cheated and peeked at Becca's post and it's gorgeous! Well done Suntup team!

Paul. How many lettereds were available at the public announcement and how quickly did they go?

If I were someone, I would have purchased it in a heartbeat.

I drove past Henry Ford's house once.

Mr. Ford was kind enough to sell me one of his pickups a few years back.

OldCrow88
11-10-2019, 04:06 AM

So true. The "other half" lives with completely different economic math than me. What counts as discretionary money for some just has more digits in the number than for me. I actually live in gratitude there aren't more of them deeply interested in the exact same things as me, or I'd never have a shot at some of the "nice things" I strive for.

I also agree it's kinda cool if Paul can activate interest from a handful of those who can enable this kind of luxurious edition -- especially given at the end of the journey Paul has a copy on his own shelf. I'm sure it's an awesome feeling inspiring others to join in realizing a dream. Sortof a microcosm of the whole Suntup Editions adventure, just in this case at a small, select level of opulence.

Ben Mears
11-10-2019, 04:45 AM

I think it's nice that Paul earns $12,000 for one of his books instead of a flipper.

jeffingoff
11-10-2019, 05:09 AM

I think it's nice that Paul earns $12,000 for one of his books instead of a flipper.

Yes.

jeffingoff
11-10-2019, 05:53 AM
Just unboxed Rosemary’s Baby and I am floored. I’ll be posting the event to my YouTube channel in the next few days. It’s more of a rambling mess than usual because I’m just overcome with the incredible beauty of both the numbered edition and the AGE. Wow.

Br!an
11-10-2019, 06:19 AM
Just unboxed Rosemary’s Baby and I am floored. I’ll be posting the event to my YouTube channel in the next few days. It’s more of a rambling mess than usual because I’m just overcome with the incredible beauty of both the numbered edition and the AGE. Wow.

That's really saying something.

Br!an
11-10-2019, 06:20 AM
So, I came home from work yesterday to find that Rosemary delivered a couple of beautiful babies via USPS. :cool:

Alec
11-10-2019, 06:57 AM
Interested to read the comment that Paul “earns” $12,000 from the Roman Numeral copy.
I have had a binding done by Sangorsky and Sutcliffe. They would be taking a huge percentage of the $12,950 per book to achieve the specification that I would imagine Paul is looking to provide.
Totally agree with you on the resale side, though it is perfectly possible that these copies will fetch a considerable profit, assuming anyone is mad enough to part with one.

webstar1000
11-10-2019, 06:58 AM
Interested to read the comment that Paul “earns” $12,000 from the Roman Numeral copy.
I have had a binding done by Sangorsky and Sutcliffe. They would be taking a huge percentage of the $12,950 per book to achieve the specification that I would imagine Paul is looking to provide.
Totally agree with you on the resale side, though it is perfectly possible that these copies will fetch a considerable profit, assuming anyone is mad enough to part with one.

Agreed. There is no way Paul makes $12000 on a $12950 book. Lol

jeffingoff
11-10-2019, 07:00 AM

Yes to this too. I agreed with Ben’s overall sentiment that any money made on such a pricey sale would go to Paul. I’m sure the profit is nowhere near 12k for just one book.

Ben Mears
11-10-2019, 07:51 AM

I'm well aware that Paul's profit isn't remotely close to $12,000, especially with a print run of 5 books. My point was simply that it was nice to see that he was able to successfully sell the roman numeral edition at that price point. If he ever receives permission to produce another SK book I hope he prices the lettered (and roman numeral if there were to be one) at a significant premium to what Misery was priced at. One man's opinion here: Paul has clearly established himself as a premier specialty publisher who consistently delivers above & beyond expectations and, to that end, is deserving of the maximum financial rewards for his efforts.

Brian861
11-10-2019, 08:33 AM
Opened mine early this morning and it's gorgeous! Are the tile pieces we received random or are they specific to each order in some way?

Hunchback Jack
11-10-2019, 10:40 AM
My Numbered RB also arrived yesterday, and am unboxing it today. I still need to make room for it so where on my shelves.

zelig
11-10-2019, 10:57 AM
Paul. How many lettereds were available at the public announcement and how quickly did they go?

2 copies.
9:01am
9:02am.

Opened mine early this morning and it's gorgeous! Are the tile pieces we received random or are they specific to each order in some way?

Random for the Numbered edition. The tiles in the Lettered books will not be random. It was not feasible to customize 250 orders, but 26 was manageable.

Munnecom
11-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Wait, what? I saw Becca's pictures, but I thought those tiles were just something she added herself for the sake of the pictures. How cool!

I know the tiles are in the movie, but are they in the book too?

T-Dogz_AK47
11-10-2019, 11:36 AM

With an unparalleled reputation for excellence, Sangorski & Sutcliffe is widely considered to be the Rolls Royce of bookbinding. Such is their fame, they have a book written exclusively about their founding history. in 2016 Shepherds Oak Knoll published The Cinderella of the Arts: A Short History of Sangorski & Sutcliffe which charts their extraordinary journey in becoming the most celebrated craft bookbinding workshop in the world.

https://ilab.org/articles/cinderella-arts-short-history-sangorski-sutcliffe (https://ilab.org/articles/cinderella-arts-short-history-sangorski-sutcliffe)

Then I read Paul's description of the Roman Numeral edition: printed letterpress on Hahnemühle Biblio mold-made paper... midnight blue goatskin with a ‘vortex’ on the front board... white gold leaf hand tooling to create the impression of movement... :drool:

I agree with Alec and really cannot see much profit to be made on this edition, as the production costs on it are clearly insane! However what I can see is Paul's hard work, dedication and continued love in creating something truly beautiful.

The Roman Numeral edition is not a book. It is not a work of art. It is a philosophy. :clap:

Brian861
11-11-2019, 10:55 AM

2 copies.
9:01am
9:02am.

Random for the Numbered edition. The tiles in the Lettered books will not be random. It was not feasible to customize 250 orders, but 26 was manageable.

Thanks, Paul!

firemonkey66
11-11-2019, 01:04 PM
I had a chance to check out my s/l RB, and the illustrations are quite striking. They complement the story very well. Paul, have you thought of doing an art portfolio of multiple books? Like ‘The art of Suntup Editions’ or something like that that combines the illustrations from a few books, including Rosemary’s Baby? That would be cool for the titles that have only a few pieces of artwork apiece.

That letterpress video is crazy. I didn’t realize each sheet needs to be hand fed into the machine, so labor intensive and hands on. And the precision the machine seems to exhibit is pretty amazing. I wonder how many sheets print funny or don’t have enough ink and need to be redone.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-11-2019, 01:15 PM
The letterpress video is the 1st Suntup video I ever watched, and I liked it very much.

Hunchback Jack
11-11-2019, 02:33 PM
I also unpacked my Numbered Edition, and it's a beautiful, elegant volume. Many little details, and very fine materials and craftsmanship. Well done, Paul and team.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-11-2019, 03:12 PM
Mine should get here Wednesday if I can get my driveway cleared by then. Time for exercise!

zelig
11-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Paul, have you thought of doing an art portfolio of multiple books? Like ‘The art of Suntup Editions’ or something like that that combines the illustrations from a few books, including Rosemary’s Baby? That would be cool for the titles that have only a few pieces of artwork apiece.

That letterpress video is crazy. I didn’t realize each sheet needs to be hand fed into the machine, so labor intensive and hands on. And the precision the machine seems to exhibit is pretty amazing. I wonder how many sheets print funny or don’t have enough ink and need to be redone.

Nope, haven't considered that. Cool idea, but probably not on the cards in the near future. It would be too time consuming to put together and the focus is on the books right now. Maybe after we've had a lot more books out it's something to consider.

Regarding the printing of the Wells books, yes we decided to use the Vandercook, which as you can see is all hand-fed. It will have taken about 6 weeks of printing this every day to complete one book. Have to keep in mind that both sides of the paper need to get fed through, and then you have the red spot color on the title page which is another pass through. Changing out the plates, making sure they are registered correctly, etc. It's a massive job.

Not sure on how much is added for waste, but we do include extra sheets to account for that sort of thing.

zelig
11-11-2019, 03:30 PM
And thanks to those who received RB and the positive comments. Pleased you like the book.

MikeDuke
11-11-2019, 04:16 PM
I don't want to spoil it for him, but I'm really surprised Mike hasn't checked in.
I was on vacation and could not check. I just want to say that I am blown away by getting that advanced numbered copy. I mean really, I was so shocked. I just could not believe it. This is one of
the only things I ever won in my life and it's ranks up there with the being one of the best. I should be getting RB on Fri and I also so excited for that. Plus I ordered the book package.
Next year should be quite the Suntup year.

wizardsrainbow
11-11-2019, 05:36 PM
And thanks to those who received RB and the positive comments. Pleased you like the book.

My copy should arrive shortly I hope.

Brian861
11-12-2019, 12:37 AM
I was on vacation and could not check. I just want to say that I am blown away by getting that advanced numbered copy. I mean really, I was so shocked. I just could not believe it. This is one of
the only things I ever won in my life and it's ranks up there with the being one of the best. I should be getting RB on Fri and I also so excited for that. Plus I ordered the book package.

Congrats, Mike! Well deserved.

vincent
11-12-2019, 03:41 AM

Congrats Mike, I'm happy for you!

MikeDuke
11-12-2019, 06:05 AM
Thanks guys. AND, I checked and it looks like I will be getting RB today. I am very excited to see this in person.

jeffingoff
11-12-2019, 06:06 AM
Congrats Mike! I can’t think of anyone more deserving!

Garrell
11-12-2019, 06:23 AM
Yeah Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeDuke
11-12-2019, 06:23 AM
Again, thanks Jeff and Garrell. There is no way I thought I would win one.
and now, for the beginning of the week count down
I am not sure if you can still buy the package deal for the H.G Wells collection. But there are
37 left of Time Machine numbered
1 left of the RN Time Machine
131 of Brother (not sure if you can buy more than one)
and 29 of the numbered IAL (again not sure if you can order more than one)

So all of the H.G Wells collection looks like it will have a RN ed. I can't find it now, but I think I saw it somewhere on the site.
EDIT: I found where it said that. At the bottom right under the red button to order the complete collection. So they will all have RN edition. Impressive.

Munnecom
11-12-2019, 06:46 AM
Considering how long I Am Legend has been available, that’s an impressive number for The Time Machine. This could be the first time in Suntup history that a more recent numbered edition sells out before the previous one.

St. Troy
11-12-2019, 07:05 AM
I'm curious about the "no more than 5" roman numeral limitation. How will it be determined? And when it is determined for The Time Machine (the first in the set), will that limitation hold for the remaining two books, or will those limitations be determined separately? (Just curious; obviously I'm not picking one up).

jeffingoff
11-12-2019, 07:05 AM
Considering how long I Am Legend has been available, that’s an impressive number for The Time Machine. This could be the first time in Suntup history that a more recent numbered edition sells out before the previous one.

Yeah I think The Time Machine will sell out before Brother and I Am Legend.

MikeDuke
11-12-2019, 08:01 AM
And let's not forget that The Road should be shipping very soon also. That's so cool.

MikeDuke
11-12-2019, 08:11 AM
Guess what I have waiting for me at home :):excited::excited::nana::biggrin1:. Can't wait to see it in person.

webstar1000
11-12-2019, 08:12 AM
Road shipping notice... :clap:

Hunchback Jack
11-12-2019, 08:19 AM
I got one too!! :excited:

Munnecom
11-12-2019, 09:43 AM

Yeah I think The Time Machine will sell out before Brother and I Am Legend.

Have you done your part to make sure it does? :evil:

Brian861
11-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Yeah Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilzKGMW2E9w

MikeDuke
11-12-2019, 11:30 AM
Me three for The Road Shipping notice :biggrin1:.

MikeDuke
11-12-2019, 11:31 AM
Yea Brian. That's what I was feeling like.
P.S from this morning to now there were 5 Time Machine books sold. Down to 32 now.

Hunchback Jack
11-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Some pics of the elegant Rosemary's Baby Numbered edition in my non-King Collection thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21564-Hunchback-Jack-Collection-non-King&p=1172825&viewfull=1#post1172825).

zelig
11-12-2019, 02:02 PM
I'm curious about the "no more than 5" roman numeral limitation. How will it be determined? And when it is determined for The Time Machine (the first in the set), will that limitation hold for the remaining two books, or will those limitations be determined separately? (Just curious; obviously I'm not picking one up).

It will be determined by the number of orders received. I will take orders for no more than 5. Currently 4 have sold. Whatever the final limitation ends up being, that will be the same limitation for the other two books.

BadHatHarry
11-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Is Rosemary’s Baby shipping in one box or two if you have the GE and limited edition?

zelig
11-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Is Rosemary’s Baby shipping in one box or two if you have the GE and limited edition?

It would be best to email support and provide your order number then we can look up exactly how your’s shipped. Visit the Contact page and details are there to email. Thanks!

Brian861
11-12-2019, 04:13 PM
I've been on pins and needles waiting for Jeff to release this video! It's like reliving one's own excitement when he unbox's his books.

A well deserved gift, my friend as you are always here carrying the torch for Paul and his team's work. Your glass is never half empty but always full. Even when you don't care for a book you don't trash it to bits. Ok so you're not a Little or Tudor fan. There has to be exceptions to every rule :). I've said it before; good things should happen for great people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVZTEpqyGOQ&feature=em-uploademail

jeffingoff
11-12-2019, 04:35 PM
You're very kind, Brian. This video is so incredibly long, but there were still things I wish I had said. And even had I said them, I wouldn't be able to adequately express how grateful I am. This meant everything.

MikeDuke
11-12-2019, 04:59 PM
I will check out the video later Jeff. I am sure it will be awesome. A quick look by me, I am extremely impressed. It took me a few minutes to find the sig page. Did not realize it was in the back. I can't wait to really look it over and check out the video.

Br!an
11-12-2019, 05:08 PM
I will check out the video later Jeff. I am sure it will be awesome. A quick look by me, I am extremely impressed. It took me a few minutes to find the sig page. Did not realize it was in the back. I can't wait to really look it over and check out the video.

There is also a colophon in the back of the artist edition.

Brian861
11-12-2019, 05:23 PM
You're very kind, Brian. This video is so incredibly long, but there were still things I wish I had said. And even had I said them, I wouldn't be able to adequately express how grateful I am. This meant everything.

Most welcome, brother! And like I was telling Jeff; after feeling RB, I can't believe I passed on IAL!! Save me some copies people. Will be a bit before I can scrap up some cash.

lotuz
11-12-2019, 06:15 PM
A Suntup book and a jeffingoff unboxing *chef's kiss*

Two great tastes that taste great together :)

Also, Jeff, your copy appears to be undesignated, which in my book ups the cool factor!

Brian861
11-12-2019, 06:23 PM
And don't forget! We'll be getting a Jeffingoff skin book too!

firemonkey66
11-12-2019, 06:42 PM
Hey Paul, I was flipping through my numbered editions and I noticed a single letter at the bottom of each copyright page, S in misery, O in Hill Hause, L in Horns and L in Rosemary’s Baby. Do these letters have any significance? I have to admit, when I noticed it I had a Da Vinci Code couple of moments, and I came to the conclusion that you might be spelling out SOL LUCET OMNIBUS with each book you release, which means ‘the sun shines on everyone’ in Latin. That would be pretty cool, if it were true:)

zelig
11-12-2019, 06:49 PM
Hey Paul, I was flipping through my numbered editions and I noticed a single letter at the bottom of each copyright page, S in misery, O in Hill Hause, L in Horns and L in Rosemary’s Baby. Do these letters have any significance? I have to admit, when I noticed it I had a Da Vinci Code couple of moments, and I came to the conclusion that you might be spelling out SOL LUCET OMNIBUS with each book you release, which means ‘the sun shines on everyone’ in Latin. That would be pretty cool, if it were true:)

FINALLY!! Sure took y'all long enough! Congratulations on discovering an Easter Egg that until now has not been mentioned once since I published Misery. Because you're the first person to publicly post about it, you win a prize. The person who solves it, wins another prize... Specifics on the prizes will follow.

webstar1000
11-12-2019, 06:51 PM

FINALLY!! Sure took y'all long enough! Congratulations on discovering an Easter Egg that until now has not been mentioned once since I published Misery. Because you're the first person to publicly post about it, you win a prize. The person who solves it, wins another prize... Specifics on the prizes will follow.

That’s so cool!!!

becca69
11-12-2019, 06:51 PM

YAY! :ninja:

lotuz
11-12-2019, 06:53 PM

absolutely amazing

jeffingoff
11-12-2019, 06:57 PM

That is so goddamned cool!!! Congrats firemonkey!!!

firemonkey66
11-12-2019, 07:04 PM

Sweeet, I knew it couldn’t be a coincidence! Overthinking stuff finally pays off:)

webstar1000
11-12-2019, 07:05 PM

Sweeet, I knew it couldn’t be a coincidence! Overthinking stuff finally pays off:)

Dude that’s impressive.

Hunchback Jack
11-12-2019, 09:12 PM

Congrats, firemonkey, that’s so cool.

And you are one crafty dude, Paul Suntup!

jeffingoff
11-12-2019, 09:15 PM

Also, Jeff, your copy appears to be undesignated, which in my book ups the cool factor!

Thank you!

Yeah, I already connected with Paul on the matter of the lack of designation and he has verified that my copy should be 23 and he has further deputized me to add the number to my copy. I may lose my mind and write 666 in there in red ink--but I believe my compulsive nature will win the day and I will have no choice but to restore balance to the universe by writing the correct number in black ink as proscribed.

Hunchback Jack
11-12-2019, 09:17 PM

Thank you!

Yeah, I already connected with Paul on the matter of the lack of designation and he has verified that my copy should be 23 and he has further deputized me to add the number to my copy. I may lose my mind and write 666 in there in red ink--but I believe my compulsive nature will win the day and I will have no choice but to restore balance to the universe by writing the correct number in black ink as proscribed.

Congratulations, Jeff! So glad that you kept your number - and much respect to the generous soul who made it possible!

HBJ

jeffingoff
11-12-2019, 09:20 PM

Thank you!

Congratulations, Jeff! So glad that you kept your number - and much respect to the generous soul who made it possible!

HBJ

Thank you! I can’t overstate how wonderful this has been. I’ve never felt more special in all my life. I’m goddamned Luke Skywalker. Except with far better books.

Patrick
11-12-2019, 09:51 PM
I came in to post about receiving my copies of RB and my shipping notice for TR. Instead I now just want to say this:

Jeff’s unboxing of ROSEMARY’S BABY is the best thing I’ve watched in a long time. Very, very happy for you, man.

Munnecom
11-12-2019, 09:54 PM
I'll join the chorus in saying I'm very happy for you, Jeff. I can't think of anyone more deserving of such a generous act.

zelig
11-12-2019, 10:17 PM
Jeff, the opening sequence of your video is epic... Loved it. Don't stress about writing in the number, you'll be fine. And happy for you on getting the RB book!

In other news, all orders for The Road have now been fulfilled. Final few boxes will be picked up tomorrow (Wednesday) by the carriers.

vincent
11-13-2019, 12:42 AM
Great video Jeff, I really enjoyed it.

Caliban
11-13-2019, 01:43 AM
1: I will enjoy the Jeff video after my own unboxing .. (ordered this volume through Subterranean Press) i had a short glimpse of the spine of the book, but everytime i now refresh the page (once every 15 minutes or so) i try to focus on Jeff`s nose rather than onto the book itself

2: Firemonkey ! great

MikeDuke
11-13-2019, 06:14 AM
Paging Dr. Dragon Lord, that video was awesome. A really big congrats to you Jeff. I mean that. I am so happy that you were able to get the book and keep your number. Again, I can tell how happy you are and that is just pure awesomeness.
A really big congrats to you. You videos are always so cool and this one is no different.

MikeDuke
11-13-2019, 06:34 AM
That is something that is very cool you did with each book Paul. I would have never noticed that so that's good detective work on your part Firemonkey.
Oh, and if anybody wants a Time Machine, I would act quick. There are only 18 left.

jeffingoff
11-13-2019, 07:37 AM
Thank you all for the kind words. Mike, Vincent, Munnecom, Patrick, Paul, Peter, everyone! If I didn't give you rep it's not because I didn't try. Thank you!

Munnecom
11-13-2019, 07:48 AM
I picked up Rosemary's Baby from the post office today. It makes for a fine addition to my collection of Suntup shipping boxes. Well done, Paul!

St. Troy
11-13-2019, 07:51 AM
...I already connected with Paul on the matter of the lack of designation and he has verified that my copy should be 23 and he has further deputized me to add the number to my copy. I may lose my mind and write 666 in there in red ink--but I believe my compulsive nature will win the day and I will have no choice but to restore balance to the universe by writing the correct number in black ink as proscribed.

This is very good fortune, jeffingoff - but with good fortune comes great responsibility. You must make a video of yourself writing the number in, but first you must take calligraphy lessons and write it in that way (were you really going to just jot down a '23'?). Also, when writing it in (on video, remember), you should be wearing something like this:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1022/medium/Dr_Who_Capaldi.jpg

Munnecom
11-13-2019, 09:22 AM
I second that wholeheartedly!

zelig
11-13-2019, 10:05 AM
Since a member of the forum discovered this, we'll kick it off here.

So... the prizes for this easter egg that was just discovered:

firemonkey66 will receive a Lettered PC copy of The Time Machine. Congratulations Anthony!

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TheTimeMachineLettered2.jpg

And the GRAND PRIZE, focus on the word grand, to the person who solves it first, a RED NUMBERED MISERY.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/39060326_10215452592815731_4078173886816976896_o.j pg

To submit your solution, please use this form (https://suntup.press/suntup-easter-egg-contest/). ONLY FORM SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED OFFICIAL.

jeffingoff
11-13-2019, 10:06 AM
TO BE SURE we are a couple years out from actually getting a number in that book. I need calligraphy lessons as mentioned. I also need to source the richest, blackest inks. Then I need to decide on writing instrument--quill and ink well? High-tech anti-gravity pen? A Montblanc StarWalker Ballpoint? Really I've only begun this journey. I love the Doctor Who attire and I hadn't even considered the appropriate wardrobe.

Randall Flagg
11-13-2019, 10:07 AM
Jesus Christ. Those are impressive prizes.

jeffingoff
11-13-2019, 10:07 AM
Shit just got real.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Congratulations, Firemonkey66, you are one lucky, and observant, fellow! Well done!

Hunchback Jack
11-13-2019, 10:10 AM
Holy cow, Paul. Those are incredible and generous prizes!

Congrats, firemonkey! That’s a real gem of a book you’ll have on your shelves.

zelig
11-13-2019, 10:12 AM
Shit just got real.

Yes it did.

M_O_O_N
11-13-2019, 10:19 AM
Shit just got real.

Yes it did.
Dante would be proud.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-13-2019, 10:44 AM
Can we enter more than one idea on the letters?

kingfan2323
11-13-2019, 10:47 AM
That is all the winners get?? Pshhh! Shrug

looking for: The Terror S/L,
Dead Zone 1st/1st F or NF, Boy's Life S/L

ICry4Oy
11-13-2019, 11:03 AM

WAY COOL! Congrats on finding that!!! The same letters are also on the copyright pages of the gift editions.....Hill House has no gift edition...

becca69
11-13-2019, 11:15 AM
Can we enter more than one idea on the letters?

You can guess until we get the right anwer but please don't inundate us with replies. Thank you.

firemonkey66
11-13-2019, 11:22 AM
Since a member of the forum discovered this, we'll kick it off here.

So... the prizes for this easter egg that was just discovered:

firemonkey66 will receive a Lettered PC copy of The Time Machine. Congratulations Anthony!

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/TheTimeMachineLettered2.jpg

And the GRAND PRIZE, focus on the word grand, to the person who solves it first, a RED NUMBERED MISERY.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/39060326_10215452592815731_4078173886816976896_o.j pg

To submit your solution, please use this form (https://suntup.press/suntup-easter-egg-contest/). ONLY FORM SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED OFFICIAL.

Wow! That is awesome, thank you so much! I was on the non-King lettered track through IAL, but I had to opt out of continuing that track due to some developments in my life. I died a little inside when the lettered Time Machine sold out in like 3 minutes and it became official that my letter D was gone, but this, man, this really eases the pain:) So incredibly cool, and very clever. Thank you, Paul, Becca, Suntup, and all of you TDT peeps!

Brian861
11-13-2019, 11:41 AM
Huge congrats, Anthony on your discovery and prize! That was really awesome of you, Paul!

MikeDuke
11-13-2019, 11:57 AM
Yea Anthony, a big congrats to you.

Munnecom
11-13-2019, 12:22 PM
I hope someone solves this thing quickly, because I can already feel it taking hold of my brain.

I don’t want this! I have deadlines to meet, dammit!

herbertwest
11-13-2019, 12:27 PM
Ok, did I miss something?
What easter egg was found? And where?
And there are other easter eggs to be found? Any hints about where we're supposed to look? In my neighboor's living room?

Randall Flagg
11-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Ok, did I miss something?
What easter egg was found? And where?
And there are other easter eggs to be found? Any hints about where we're supposed to look? In my neighboor's living room?
Read post #7458

MikeDuke
11-13-2019, 01:38 PM
OK, I know everyone is going crazy, and rightfully so about this contest. But I said to myself, once Time Machine drops below 10 I will post again. Well, there are only 9 left so if you are on the fence, I would say now is the time. This is selling really fast.

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-13-2019, 03:37 PM
I've been waiting all day for the UPS truck to delivery my ROSEMARY'S BABY, then when I check I get a message there's been a weather or emergency delay. Arghhhhhhh!!!!

Then, I read an E-Mail I get from Suntup, and I won something! I still can't believe it, so I must be dreaming. It is NOT the letters contest. I will say no more until whatever it is is in my hot little sweaty mitts.