PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

FlyerPhan0826
08-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Wow, what an incredible post by the author! Congrats on what is sure to be another incredible release.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Br!an
08-10-2019, 05:54 PM
Is there a way to watch the Facebook video without Facebook since they won't let me watch it?

Can you put it on your site, Paul? Or YouTube? :evil:

There shouldn't be any reason why you can't watch it. I just opened the link in a different browser where I was not logged into FB, and it worked. Try this:

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/2648483231828714/ (https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/2648483231828714/)

Thanks. That works.

RichardX
08-10-2019, 05:55 PM
That's a beautiful looking book. And I like the boldness of doing something more obscure. I had never heard of it before and downloaded it today. Read the first several chapters. So far the plot reminds me a bit of House of 1000 Corpses/Devil's Rejects.

In terms of future books, I'll make another pitch for "Under the Skin" or "The Man Who Fell to Earth." Those could use the SP treatment. A lot of great Sci Fi art possibilities.

Hunchback Jack
08-10-2019, 06:58 PM
So great to see the author react so positively.

Brian861
08-10-2019, 10:59 PM
You're most welcome, Paul regarding my comment. Don't hold back, man! We love that you have all the excitement for what you do as much as we have when we see and receive them!

Not taking away from the announcement, but I wouldn't recommend the audiobook of this title. The narrator isn't very good so I'd suggest reading it in print.

webstar1000
08-11-2019, 03:30 AM
I cannot tell you guys enough how freakin good Brother is. Go get a copy today. Read it. And thank Paul for doing a limited. Man l, it’s the fastest I ever read a book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firemonkey66
08-11-2019, 06:18 AM
Not taking away from the announcement, but I wouldn't recommend the audiobook of this title. The narrator isn't very good so I'd suggest reading it in print.

I’ll second that, the narrator is atrocious. I stopped listening because I knew it would ruin the book for me.

MikeDuke
08-11-2019, 06:51 AM
Wow, what an incredible post by the author! Congrats on what is sure to be another incredible release.

Where is this post. I must have missed it but would to read.

jeffingoff
08-11-2019, 06:56 AM

Where is this post. I must have missed it but would to read.

Here’s the post:
https://www.aniaahlborn.com/post/suntup-press-turns-brother-into-a-masterpiece

MikeDuke
08-11-2019, 07:05 AM
Thanks Jeff. What she wrote was a wonderful post. I am already assuming that I will really like this book. When I finish this, I am assuming that I will want to read more of her work.

Munnecom
08-11-2019, 07:22 AM
Do none of you actually read your Suntup books? I see everyone talking about buying Brother and also getting a paperback/Kindle/audio copy instead of, you know, waiting a while and then reading Paul's edition.

cit74
08-11-2019, 07:24 AM
I flip through my lettered and limited books; read on my kindle. Some I’ll read the limited. On vacation but several horns boxes at home and waiting - will get to open Monday night or Tuesday- cannot wait

jeffingoff
08-11-2019, 07:49 AM
I read my numbered Hill House and was terrified of wrecking it because I mostly read during my commutes. So that means the book has to go in and out of my backpack. I put it in a tough book cover but hated to think about what that could be doing to the book. No fun. I don’t plan on reading any numbered editions I get. But I’m getting both the numbered and the AGE of HORNS and I plan on reading the AGE. This was my book cover for HILL HOUSE.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190811/a621689ca065b3c111d52bb97e52fe2f.jpg

Br!an
08-11-2019, 08:18 AM
Do none of you actually read your Suntup books? I see everyone talking about buying Brother and also getting a paperback/Kindle/audio copy instead of, you know, waiting a while and then reading Paul's edition.

I read my limiteds.

I do so carefully. I don't eat or drink around them. I wash my hands. I sit in a comfortable position.

I also like to read in bed, or on a plane, or elsewhere that isn't compatible with a limited edition. So I still buy paperbacks or hardcovers.

jeffingoff
08-11-2019, 09:17 AM

I read my limiteds.

I do so carefully. I don't eat or drink around them. I wash my hands. I sit in a comfortable position.

I also like to read in bed, or on a plane, or elsewhere that isn't compatible with a limited edition. So I still buy paperbacks or hardcovers.

I think that’s the best way. The limited/numbered book shouldn’t travel. I’ve considered flipping between two editions like that—one on the bookshelf to take down when I’m in my reading chair and one to cram in and out of the backpack.

swintek
08-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Why anyone would spend over $700 on a beautifully bound, letterpress printed book (using HORNS as an example)- and then keep it hermetically sealed until they're dead- I'll never understand. You are not going to ruin it by reading it. At all. The joy of a Fine Press book is in the holding and reading. Otherwise, you're just an "investor".

NiceM
08-11-2019, 10:14 AM
Why anyone would spend over $700 on a beautifully bound, letterpress printed book (using HORNS as an example)- and then keep it hermetically sealed until they're dead- I'll never understand. You are not going to ruin it by reading it. At all. The joy of a Fine Press book is in the holding and reading. Otherwise, you're just an "investor".
Aye, for me the feel and smell of a high quality book is what adds to the experience

Br!an
08-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Aye, for me the feel and smell of a high quality book is what adds to the experience

Exactly.

With the letterpress printing you can even feel the impression. Feeling that thick paper. Coming across the pertinent artwork. Smelling the leather. Tripping on the hand-marbled end papers.

It's an experience.

Can you imagine collecting rare cars and not driving them? :nope:

Black Miau
08-11-2019, 11:05 AM

You're right

An "investor" for children or grandchildren who will finally sell them for a few cents a Sunday morning at a garage sale. When I think about it I wonder why keep them sealed? Why not enjoy them, when I got up early on a Monday morning or I was at a certain time in front of the PC or laptop with my heart beating, disposed to get a limited edition, among hundreds of hunters like me. How not to enjoy my prize?

Brian861
08-11-2019, 11:19 AM

I look through them and read any new material, such as introductions, author's notes, etc. I don't do a full on read as I have read or listened to the book previously.

MikeDuke
08-11-2019, 11:19 AM
I am in the middle of reading a saga. So I want to finish that. Then I will start on the Suntup part of my collection. And yes, I will read the Suntup book itself.

Brian861
08-11-2019, 11:20 AM
I am in the middle of reading a saga. So I want to finish that. Then I will start on the Suntup part of my collection. And yes, I will read the Suntup book itself.

Um, Mike. You're forgetting something :)

Black Miau
08-11-2019, 12:14 PM
I'm a new collector of Suntup, The Road is my first limited edition, unfortunately I was late, but I do have all the gift editions. I realize that if a book has the Suntup treatment it means that it will get a hundred buyers in hardcovers, paperbacks, audios in all its variants. It will even improve the rating of the book in Goodreads. It is like the result of the honor of winning a literary prize. I congratulate Paul for his great vision, and following a dream we all share and love. I hope to see some science fiction story with the Suntup emblem soon. Hiperyon maybe? I can't imagine.

MikeDuke
08-11-2019, 12:55 PM

I mean this seriously Brian, and not in a bad way. What am I forgetting? I see the smiley face so I know it's not bad. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.

Hunchback Jack
08-11-2019, 12:58 PM

I think a lot of people who buy the books are investors. They love the craftsmanship of the books, of course, but they do plan on selling them later, and want to preserve the condition.

Actually, many very expensive car collectors do exactly that. They buy the car just to have it - and for the feeling of exclusivity they get from owning it - not because they want to drive it.

I wouldn't do it personally, but I do kind of understand it.

I tend not to read my limited edition books. I will look at them periodically, and admire them, but I usually don't read them cover to cover.

jeffingoff
08-11-2019, 01:09 PM

Exactly.

With the letterpress printing you can even feel the impression. Feeling that thick paper. Coming across the pertinent artwork. Smelling the leather. Tripping on the hand-marbled end papers.

It's an experience.

Yeah I agree with all of that. My books never stay sealed (see unboxing videos) and I always handle them and flip through them. I see the art and feel the textures. I take them down from time to time to appreciate them. If I did all my reading at a chair near my bookshelves then absolutely I'd read the Suntup numbereds there. But my reading opportunities mean I have to travel with the book and lug it around in my backpack. At a certain price point that becomes too risky. I just finished the PS edition of THE TOMMYKNOCKERS (fantastic art and production!) and now I have SST's HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS for company on the Metra. But a $700 book on the train? I just can't do it. I like your idea of having the best edition available for reading in the house in one place and a reading copy for commuting. Just switching between the two.

I do want the best experience which is why I tried reading my HILL HOUSE on the train. But it wasn't a great experience.

Brian861
08-11-2019, 04:56 PM

I mean this seriously Brian, and not in a bad way. What am I forgetting? I see the smiley face so I know it's not bad. You can PM me if you don't want to make it public.

The count down to sellout, buddy :)

webstar1000
08-11-2019, 04:57 PM
How many copies left Mike?

swintek
08-11-2019, 06:59 PM
I just opened and sat with my gift edition of HORNS, and, man- this is a really impressive edition. The cover cloth is rich, the stamping is killer, absolutely gorgeous end papers. Love the drop caps (appropriate to the "religious" theme), and- signed and limited (to 1000 copies, but that counts!). Just beautiful. Nice, Paul!

jeffingoff
08-11-2019, 07:29 PM
I just opened and sat with my gift edition of HORNS, and, man- this is a really impressive edition. The cover cloth is rich, the stamping is killer, absolutely gorgeous end papers. Love the drop caps (appropriate to the "religious" theme), and- signed and limited (to 1000 copies, but that counts!). Just beautiful. Nice, Paul!

I’ve seen pics in other places and this really is a stunning edition.

zelig
08-11-2019, 08:59 PM
I'm a new collector of Suntup, The Road is my first limited edition, unfortunately I was late, but I do have all the gift editions. I realize that if a book has the Suntup treatment it means that it will get a hundred buyers in hardcovers, paperbacks, audios in all its variants. It will even improve the rating of the book in Goodreads. It is like the result of the honor of winning a literary prize. I congratulate Paul for his great vision, and following a dream we all share and love. I hope to see some science fiction story with the Suntup emblem soon. Hiperyon maybe? I can't imagine.

Welcome to the board, and thank you for what you wrote. Really, thanks so much. I do have some science fiction books under contract currently.

Ron, pleased you like it. Thanks.

MikeDuke
08-12-2019, 05:23 AM

OH. There are 261 copies left. So plenty. I only wasn't doing the count down because I though I read that people should not do that because it really adds it somehow to a spot where if someone wanted to get one they could not. But it takes like 2 sec to do so if allowed, I will continue to be the countdown guy. And there are 9 Horns AGE left. I would order another one so I have a better shot at the prize, but even $85 is money taken from other places is a lot for me. I know it adds another chance to win that special Horns book, but I would not win anyway and since I already have a numbered, I wanted to leave the GE to people who could only get that version.

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 05:34 AM

OH. There are 261 copies left. So plenty. I only wasn't doing the count down because I though I read that people should not do that because it really adds it somehow to a spot where if someone wanted to get one they could not. But it takes like 2 sec to do so if allowed, I will continue to be the countdown guy. And there are 9 Horns AGE left. I would order another one so I have a better shot at the prize, but even $85 is money taken from other places is a lot for me. I know it adds another chance to win that special Horns book, but I would not win anyway and since I already have a numbered, I wanted to leave the GE to people who could only get that version.

I think you might be mistaken, Mike. It's buying the numbered edition of BROTHER that gets you a chance at the RED HORNS. I've actually considered getting another BROTHER.

MikeDuke
08-12-2019, 05:37 AM

I think you might be mistaken, Mike. It's buying the numbered edition of BROTHER that gets you a chance at the RED HORNS. I've actually considered getting another BROTHER.
OH snap. Your right. Sorry everybody. Then for sure I am not going to get one. I need that money for other stuff.

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 05:46 AM

OH snap. Your right. Sorry everybody. Then for sure I am not going to get one. I need that money for other stuff.

No sorry necessary! And good luck beating Ari for the RED HORNS!

MikeDuke
08-12-2019, 05:52 AM
Thanks for the luck.

I am also not ordering another one because I don't want to take away someone else's chance of getting this book because I bought two of them. Since there are 500 that leaves the door open for some people to get their first S\L Suntup book. But that's just me.

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the luck.

I am also not ordering another one because I don't want to take away someone else's chance of getting this book because I bought two of them. Since there are 500 that leaves the door open for some people to get their first S\L Suntup book. But that's just me.

You’re a good man, Mike.

I also just wanted to say that I think the artwork in BROTHER is spectacular. I hadn’t seen anyone comment on that yet. But each of those pieces are beautiful.

Add that to the gorgeous paper cover treatment and I just get more and more excited for this release.

zelig
08-12-2019, 08:09 AM
I tend not to respond to comments like this unless it is posed as a question, in which case I will answer it. I wanted to respond to this one though.

Someone brought this to my attention the other day. It was posted in a Facebook group, of which I am not a member so I couldn't respond there. I feel it's appropriate to do so here though, as I have seen similar comments once or twice before by members here.

This is the post:

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/fb-comment2.jpg

In the past, I have ignored comments like this. However, let's say it was posed to me as a question, for example:

"Hey Paul, I was just curious, what does Jordan Peele have to do with Rosemary's Baby?"

Then I would have provided an answer, and there would be no need for these ignorant statements that have no factual basis. I should add that we did provide a brief explanation of the connection between the two on the original announcement page.

Here is my response to the post above, and in turn, my response to this comment in general, so perhaps we can put this to rest now:

We do not choose intro authors at random based solely on their fame or popularity, in the hope that it will help sell the book. Having someone write an introduction to a book they have absolutely no connection with is silly.

Jordan Peele was initially chosen for some very specific reasons. Foremost of which is that his Oscar winning movie Get Out was largely inspired by Rosemary's Baby. In several interviews he had given about it, he credited Ira Levin, specifically Rosemary's Baby and The Stepford Wives as his main influences. Being his touchstone work in the genre the movie occupies (horror with a social sideline), it was an obvious choice.

Although it did not end up working out with Peele, we are delighted to have Chuck Palahniuk on board. And so too does Chuck have a connection to Ira Levin and Rosemary's Baby, often citing the author as one of his greatest influences. His novel Adjustment Day was specifically inspired by the work of Ira Levin. In an interview he spoke of his love for the author and how his own writing was inspired by him.

Lastly, it should also be noted that the “4K” price for the Lettered edition (technically, it was $3950) has absolutely nothing to do with having a famous celebrity or author sign the book. We do not use that as a tactic to inflate prices. In fact, the signature has zero impact on the price we set. The retail price is based entirely on production costs. These books can take up to 12 months to produce. The labor, materials, and costly letterpress printing all contribute to the price.

MikeDuke
08-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Nice explanation Paul. And that lettered ed of RB is just incredible. It would have never crossed my mind to make a bassinet for a case. But, I guess that's why I am on this side of the keyboard :). I am anxiously waiting for my numbered version and I positive it will be worth every penny.

MikeDuke
08-12-2019, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the compliment Jeff. And I agree, that art work looks incredible. The cover just looks menacing. I freaking love it.

webstar1000
08-12-2019, 08:31 AM
Paul, thanks for the post. I think mostly this is bullshit jealously. Why ANYONE would not support a new press and be positive is beyond me. I mean... I think you have proved yourself. Everytime a book lands from you.. it goes up in value so allow me to already get excited for my 4K book:)

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 08:31 AM
I tend not to respond to comments like this unless it is posed as a question, in which case I will answer it. I wanted to respond to this one though.

Someone brought this to my attention the other day. It was posted in a Facebook group, of which I am not a member so I couldn't respond there. I feel it's appropriate to do so here though, as I have seen similar comments once or twice before by members here.

This is the post:

In the past, I have ignored comments like this. However, let's say it was posed to me as a question, for example:

"Hey Paul, I was just curious, what does Jordan Peele have to do with Rosemary's Baby?"

Then I would have provided an answer, and there would be no need for these ignorant statements that have no factual basis. I should add that we did provide a brief explanation of the connection between the two on the original announcement page.

Here is my response to the post above, and in turn, my response to this comment in general, so perhaps we can put this to rest now:

We do not choose intro authors at random based solely on their fame or popularity, in the hope that it will help sell the book. Having someone write an introduction to a book they have absolutely no connection with is silly.

Jordan Peele was initially chosen for some very specific reasons. Foremost of which is that his Oscar winning movie Get Out was largely inspired by Rosemary's Baby. In several interviews he had given about it, he credited Ira Levin, specifically Rosemary's Baby and The Stepford Wives as his main influences. Being his touchstone work in the genre the movie occupies (horror with a social sideline), it was an obvious choice.

Although it did not end up working out with Peele, we are delighted to have Chuck Palahniuk on board. And so too does Chuck have a connection to Ira Levin and Rosemary's Baby, often citing the author as one of his greatest influences. His novel Adjustment Day was specifically inspired by the work of Ira Levin. In an interview he spoke of his love for the author and how his own writing was inspired by him.

Lastly, it should also be noted that the “4K” price for the Lettered edition (technically, it was $3950) has absolutely nothing to do with having a famous celebrity or author sign the book. We do not use that as a tactic to inflate prices. In fact, the signature has zero impact on the price we set. The retail price is based entirely on production costs. These books can take up to 12 months to produce. The labor, materials, and costly letterpress printing all contribute to the price.

Were you able to see the entire thread? I am the middle blurry guy there in your spoiler and I explained to top blurry guy pretty much what you said. Maybe not as forcefully as you did but it seemed pointless to try to convince him. He didn’t seem to care all that much and I peaced out.

But I don’t think you need to defend yourself here. Or there. You’ve explained the decision and people can either buy it or pass. I thought Peele was a cool person to get being someone who seems to be at the forefront of a horror movement. I saw a lot of reasons he’d fit. I just happen to love Chucks work so that signature appeals more.

Anyway, I love what you do and look forward to everything ahead.

zelig
08-12-2019, 08:51 AM
But I don’t think you need to defend yourself here. Or there. You’ve explained the decision and people can either buy it or pass.

Thanks Jeff. That's part of the reason I don't respond to comments like this. It can come across as defensive, which it isn't. I feel no need to defend myself in this case, and that isn't what I was doing. I was just providing further information on the connection between the two.

Hunchback Jack
08-12-2019, 08:54 AM
Great post, Paul.

Personally, I think communication like this is really helpful. A casual observer probably isn't going to know the connection between Peele and Levin. They will notice the high price tag for "a book in a box" signed by a celebrity, and not realize that everything about the book is carefully and thoughtfully designed, and hand crafted from the finest materials. Nothing is mass produced.

Your posts like this help educate the casual observer, and communicate a clarity of purpose for the Press. A casual observer still might not be prepared to pay such prices for a book, but at least they will get where you're coming from, and might support you with a Gift or Numbered purchase in the future if the right title comes up.

HBJ

St. Troy
08-12-2019, 08:57 AM
It always strikes me as odd when someone skips "I wonder what Peele's (or anyone else's) connection is" and immediately goes directly to "Peele has no connection to RB!"

I agree Paul has nothing to defend, but I understand the desire to squash rumors that could cast Suntup in a bad light (word of mouth can be a tricky thing).

MikeDuke
08-12-2019, 09:04 AM
On a totally topic not related to this, I love the new layout of the website. But I have to ask. It looks like every book has the lettered version as the image for the book except for The Road. Any reason for that? Did you just want to show the emotion of a father and son walking. Either way, is fine with me of course. I was just curious.
And back to the above topic, I agree with what everyone else is saying. You are doing great work. As I said before, the care you put into your books is clearly evident. So please keep on doing what you are doing.

CyberGhostface
08-12-2019, 09:08 AM
Looks like a really nice book. The story sounds interesting based on what people have said (the 'Devil's Rejects' comparison got my attention) so I ordered a copy from the library and will see how I feel afterwards.

In regards to "do you read your limiteds", I generally don't unless it's exclusive material like the NOS4A2 novella. I do occasionally look at them in terms of art but I would probably be too anxious to actually have it in my hands for an extended period of time. That and a lot of the limiteds are oversized and reading something as big as CD's IT would be kind of a pain for me as opposed to a paperback or my kindle.

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 09:15 AM
It always strikes me as odd when someone skips "I wonder what Peele's (or anyone else's) connection is" and immediately goes directly to "Peele has no connection to RB!"

I agree Paul has nothing to defend, but I understand the desire to squash rumors that could cast Suntup in a bad light (word of mouth can be a tricky thing).

Both of your points are spot on.

MikeDuke
08-12-2019, 09:20 AM
What else I love about Suntup is that Paul does little add on items, that I am sure cost him a little (maybe more than a little) to do and yet does not change the price of the book. The progress of the book is something I really like watching.

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 09:26 AM
But I don’t think you need to defend yourself here. Or there. You’ve explained the decision and people can either buy it or pass.

Thanks Jeff. That's part of the reason I don't respond to comments like this. It can come across as defensive, which it isn't. I feel no need to defend myself in this case, and that isn't what I was doing. I was just providing further information on the connection between the two.

Point taken.

I learned a long time ago as a creative marketing consultant that, to clients, explaining can sound like defending which can feel like arguing. So I've always limited the amount of explanation I offer at times to highly skeptical clients.

zelig
08-12-2019, 09:27 AM
On a totally topic not related to this, I love the new layout of the website. But I have to ask. It looks like every book has the lettered version as the image for the book except for The Road. Any reason for that? Did you just want to show the emotion of a father and son walking.

No reason. And that image does appear on the Lettered clamshell, so I guess it's part of the Lettered as well.

MikeDuke
08-12-2019, 09:30 AM
On a totally topic not related to this, I love the new layout of the website. But I have to ask. It looks like every book has the lettered version as the image for the book except for The Road. Any reason for that? Did you just want to show the emotion of a father and son walking.

No reason. And that image does appear on the Lettered clamshell, so I guess it's part of the Lettered as well.
OK. Just curios.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-12-2019, 12:05 PM

This is the post:

A great response, Paul! :thumbsup:

However, you do not need to offer an explanation to these comments or be made to feel that you should. The person posting dumb comments about Rosemary's Baby on Facebook clearly knows the price of everything, yet the value of nothing.

A person who cannot see the value in what you produce is not worthy of holding a Suntup edition, nevermind owning one.

The truth is that you make beautiful books that are loved and treasured. Indeed they are considered by the vast majority here, to be works of art.

And the truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
- Sir Winston Churchill

St. Troy
08-12-2019, 12:06 PM
And the truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.

Wise words from The Man himself.

Brian861
08-12-2019, 12:09 PM
I was actually pretty bummed that Peele wouldn't be signing. Although no connection to the book, my son and I were huge fans of the Key and Peele show and it was a great bonding experience. The kind of experience where you re-enact the skits and have the wife rolls her eyes constantly because my son and I are both laughing like silly school girls. He was actually excited when I told him guess who's sig I'm getting! And trust me, no one in this household gets excited about Dad's hobby but Dad.

I loved Get Out but haven't seen Us yet.

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 12:11 PM

A HISTORY OF THE ENGLISH-SPEAKING PE0PLES by Sir Winston Churchill
Suntup's next book.

St. Troy
08-12-2019, 12:12 PM

Suntup's next book.

I know I'd take a look at it.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-12-2019, 12:19 PM

Suntup's next book.

I know I'd take a look at it.

A true legend. I bet Churchill would be able to see and appreciate the value in Paul's books too.

Patrick
08-12-2019, 01:02 PM
I'm a new collector of Suntup...
<snipped>
... I hope to see some science fiction story with the Suntup emblem soon. Hiperyon maybe? I can't imagine.
Welcome to the board, and thank you for what you wrote. Really, thanks so much. I do have some science fiction books under contract currently.
Welcome to TDT, Black Miau! Happy to have you here.

Paul, excited to hear you’ve got some science fiction waiting in the queue. Very cool.

Regarding the Facebook comments, that guy sounds like an uninvolved idiot jeering from the sidelines. Suntup Editions has addressed this issue already pretty much everywhere. Nice of you to clarify again, Paul. I guess sometimes things bear repeating.

The Library Policeman
08-12-2019, 01:07 PM
And trust me, no one in this household gets excited about Dad's hobby but Dad.

Same here, brother. I know that feeling well.

lotuz
08-12-2019, 01:15 PM
I cannot tell you guys enough how freakin good Brother is. Go get a copy today. Read it. And thank Paul for doing a limited. Man l, it’s the fastest I ever read a book.

I ordered it on Saturday as soon as I saw the announcement and it came this morning. I have done NO DAMN WORK all day but am about halfway through - it's the most riveting book I've read in years.

I like the font change between the "current" chapters and the "flashback" chapters and am super eager to see how the Suntup version deals with this.

lotuz
08-12-2019, 01:19 PM

Oh yea - ditto...

My kids are young enough that they're not even allowed to touch most of my books. This probably isn't endearing them to book collecting but I do keep their library of children's books well-stocked and have not given up hope!

Munnecom
08-12-2019, 02:56 PM
My three-year-old daughter keeps asking me if she can "play with the clown" (a NECA Pennywise figurine) or "take a bath with the boat" (the replica newspaper boat that came with the Dragon Rebound IT).

Brian861
08-12-2019, 02:59 PM
My three-year-old daughter keeps asking me if she can "play with the clown" (a NECA Pennywise figurine) or "take a bath with the boat" (the replica newspaper boat that came with the Dragon Rebound IT).

I don't see the harm. They'll all float :evil:

Hunchback Jack
08-12-2019, 03:19 PM

Oh, likewise. My wife and son accept it - and can even understand it - but they don't really share it.

I also ordered Brother on Kindle and audio right after the announcement on Saturday, and am about 2/3rd of the way through. What a great choice, Paul! So thrilled that we will be getting a Suntup edition of it.

HBJ

The Library Policeman
08-12-2019, 03:50 PM

My (4 year old at the time) daughter took a shine to my Suntup Misery penguin and started to refer to him as Hector. Kids eh? :lol:

jeffingoff
08-12-2019, 04:11 PM
Jesus, Paul. The HORNS AGE is fantastic. I can only imagine how wonderful that numbered will be. AND my RED HORNS!

https://youtu.be/gHXBpJZhY9g

webstar1000
08-12-2019, 04:20 PM

I ordered it on Saturday as soon as I saw the announcement and it came this morning. I have done NO DAMN WORK all day but am about halfway through - it's the most riveting book I've read in years.

I like the font change between the "current" chapters and the "flashback" chapters and am super eager to see how the Suntup version deals with this.

Let us know if that ending BLOWS you away like it did me. It took me 3 days to read this last December... I think it was the fastest I ever read a book. Haha

Brian861
08-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Jesus, Paul. The HORNS AGE is fantastic. I can only imagine how wonderful that numbered will be. AND my RED HORNS!

You keep your cottonpickin' hands off my Red Horns, cityslicker. Them's red books only for True Hill Fans. :emot-flame::shoot:

Another 10 minutes I'll never get back :rolleyes:

J/K, brother. You know I love ya :couple:

Edit: Another outstanding video by Jeff! Paul, you've got to get this Kat in on an announcement video one of these days.

The AGE is outstanding!

webstar1000
08-12-2019, 04:48 PM

You keep your cottonpickin' hands off my Red Horns, cityslicker. Them's red books only for True Hill Fans. :emot-flame::shoot:

Another 10 minutes I'll never get back :rolleyes:

J/K, brother. You know I love ya :couple:

Edit: Another outstanding video by Jeff! Paul, you've got to get this Kat in on an announcement video one of these days.

The AGE is outstanding!

Lol
I agree. That would be hilarious.

FlyerPhan0826
08-12-2019, 05:10 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkExcellent video! Can't wait to get my hands on that book.

zelig
08-12-2019, 05:11 PM
- Sir Winston Churchill

Good one Tim. This also works for me: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Jeff! Been desperately waiting for your unboxing video man... You did not disappoint... Thank you! And I still need to get me one of those daggers.

The wheels are turning...

Hunchback Jack
08-12-2019, 06:19 PM
Great unboxing vid, Jeff. I'm still waiting for my AGE, and now I'm super excited to get it.

And imagine if Jeff won the red Horns, think of the unboxing video we'd get. :)

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-12-2019, 06:59 PM

Great vid, man. Yep it looks great :thumbsup:

Black Miau
08-12-2019, 08:58 PM
Welcome to TDT, Black Miau! Happy to have you here.

Paul, excited to hear you’ve got some science fiction waiting in the queue. Very cool.

Thank you Patrick, I'm happy to be part of this warm collecting community and I'm excited to know which title Paul will choose. Although our official community unboxer is not convinced by the science fiction genre. Anyway....

I always watch your videos Jeff, I congratulate you for your great unboxing!

NiceM
08-12-2019, 10:31 PM

I think all those remaining AGE’s got sold by that video. “The dragon lord needs to taste that Suntup tape”. Best line in there:onfire:

Munnecom
08-12-2019, 11:53 PM

It would be ten minutes of him gasping like a beached fish, without ever actually opening the shipping box. :P

I kid, of course. Great video, Jeff (as always). I subscribed to your channel, for whatever that’s worth.

You did an excellent job of articulating what makes Suntup so great. Production quality aside (which is second to none, of course), it’s the whole experience that makes this such a thrilling journey. The announcements of an upcoming announcement, the teaser video, the reveal, the little goodies thrown in with every pre-order, the production updates (which often boil down to “Hey, I was not entirely happy with this aspect of the book, so I made it more awesome at my own expense.”), the obvious care that goes into the packaging - hell, even the website looks better than that of any other press I can think of (Amaranthine Books (https://amaranthinebooks.com) is perhaps on the same level). It really makes me feel giddy with excitement, like a child on Christmas Eve. Perhaps you should change the name of your press to Santa Editions?

Okay, rant over!

OldCrow88
08-13-2019, 03:19 AM
I'm grateful to be on the Suntup non-King Lettered train (too late to the party to secure a Lettered Misery). Every bit of Suntup production receives careful attention and the love shines through. Unboxed Horns yesterday and just holding the book in my hands it was all I could do not to sit down and start reading cover-to-cover that instant. The highest quality books are magnets into the stories they contain. Love the wooden box, it's not a silly gimmick -- it's sturdy and the door works perfectly. Paul cares for every detail. Is it awkward of me to admit even the inner cardboard box that protected the book-box, which has a printed forest on its interior, I'll be saving and repurposing since it's just too nice to toss out?

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 03:35 AM
Great unboxing vid, Jeff. I'm still waiting for my AGE, and now I'm super excited to get it.

Thanks! And thanks for subscribing.

I've already been very fortunate with my Suntup experiences. The absolutely amazing act of mind-blowing generosity that allowed me to keep my number 23 for Rosemary's Baby and the non-King track. I don't need to win another thing. But I will be happy to unbox it for whoever does win!

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 03:38 AM
Great vid, man. Yep it looks great :thumbsup:

Thank you!

I always watch your videos Jeff, I congratulate you for your great unboxing!

Thank you! It's always more fun to do with a Suntup.

I think Paul might get that last line out on a shirt.

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 03:40 AM

I think all those remaining AGE’s got sold by that video. “The dragon lord needs to taste that Suntup tape”. Best line in there:onfire:

Oh man, i had to check--but there are still AGEs remaining. Nothing would have made me happier than helping Paul move the last 7! But I think I may have helped sell one! I should get a job in marketing.

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 03:43 AM

It would be ten minutes of him gasping like a beached fish, without ever actually opening the shipping box. :P

I kid, of course. Great video, Jeff (as always). I subscribed to your channel, for whatever that’s worth.

You did an excellent job of articulating what makes Suntup so great. Production quality aside (which is second to none, of course), it’s the whole experience that makes this such a thrilling journey. The announcements of an upcoming announcement, the teaser video, the reveal, the little goodies thrown in with every pre-order, the production updates (which often boil down to “Hey, I was not entirely happy with this aspect of the book, so I made it more awesome at my own expense.”), the obvious care that goes into the packaging - hell, even the website looks better than that of any other press I can think of (Amaranthine Books (https://amaranthinebooks.com) is perhaps on the same level). It really makes me feel giddy with excitement, like a child on Christmas Eve. Perhaps you should change the name of your press to Santa Editions?

Okay, rant over!

Oh you hit on some very important points I didn't make in this video, but I did make in one of the other two Suntup unboxings--the little goodies thrown in and the constant attention and upgrades to production quality/materials. Yeah unless I script these things out (which I should) I don't remember half of what I want to say.

And Santa Editions is gold!

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 04:23 AM
ANOTHER thing I'd like to add: I love how Paul holds back on showing everything on the product page. For example, I had no idea what the boards on the AGEs of MISERY or HORNS looked like until the book was released into the wild. That's a very cool thing! Same thing with the AGE of Rosemary's Baby. I have no idea what the boards will look like or the slipcase for that matter. The result when you open the box is like a reintroduction--it makes the book feel new even though you've been looking at photos of it for so long, there's something pretty major to still discover--in addition to the tactile experience of course. I certainly hope Suntup will offer more AGEs in the future because these are in a category all on their own.

MikeDuke
08-13-2019, 05:12 AM
Great Vid Jeff. Yea, it looks like a great design of the book. Can't wait to get the numbered. And you right. Brother should be a great production as well.

webstar1000
08-13-2019, 05:31 AM
Great Vid Jeff. Yea, it looks like a great design of the book. Can't wait to get the numbered. And you right. Brother should be a great production as well.

How many left mike? I came to check the update today but there isn’t any yet brother? Come on man! Like Jeff... you also have a job to do!
:)

MikeDuke
08-13-2019, 05:37 AM

How many left mike? I came to check the update today but there isn’t any yet brother? Come on man! Like Jeff... you also have a job to do!

As of right now there are 5. Still plenty of Brother numbered books left.

Patrick
08-13-2019, 05:46 AM
I received my Artist’s Gift Editions last night. Beautiful production from Suntup as always. Everyone has commented on the quality and attention to detail, including Jeff’s entertaining unboxing video. The slight difference in the front and back boards was another really neat touch, especially on an AGE. Looking forward to receiving and exploring the numbered edition because this easily could have been one.

The Library Policeman
08-13-2019, 05:46 AM
Enjoyed your video, Jeff. Well done!

zelig
08-13-2019, 06:31 AM

I don’t expect Brother to sell out as quickly as previous editions. As you know, it’s double the usual run for a Numbered, and I’m okay with them slowly being picked up over a period of time. It means we will have something to sell when a new visitor comes to the site, which for the most part hasn’t really happened with previous books.

As for the Horns AGE, that inventory value is likely inaccurate. I keep some copies back in case there are any damages or issues with shipments, and there may be other instances where it’s not 100% correct, so once all orders have shipped and I do a count, I will update the inventory value so it’s spot on.

I do plan to continue making AGE’s, primarily on editions that are printed letterpress because of the price differential. The letterpress pricing becomes a barrier to entry for many people, so the AGE is the perfect solution for that. I’m always uncertain how they will turn out because the process for designing these books is so different for me, when compared to the limiteds. And the limited books are really my thing. I’m not able to have as much of a hand’s on experience as I do with them but so far I have been very pleased with the results. More importantly, the customers have been too. Horns actually exceeded my expectations. It’s a really nice looking AGE. Everything came together really well on it. RB is looking good too so far. And I... wait I almost gave away the next book. My bad.

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 06:33 AM

I don’t expect Brother to sell out as quickly as previous editions. As you know, it’s double the usual run for a Numbered, and I’m okay with them slowly being picked up over a period of time. It means we will have something to sell when a new visitor comes to the site, which for the most part hasn’t really happened with previous books.

As for the Horns AGE, that inventory value is likely inaccurate. I keep some copies back in case there are any damages or issues with shipments, and there may be other instances where it’s not 100% correct, so once all orders have shipped and I do a count, I will update the inventory value so it’s spot on.

I do plan to continue making AGE’s, primarily on editions that are printed letterpress because of the price differential. The letterpress pricing becomes a barrier to entry for many people, so the AGE is the perfect solution for that. I’m always uncertain how they will turn out because the process for designing these books is so different for me, when compared to the limiteds. And the limited books are really my thing. I’m not able to have as much of a hand’s on experience as I do with them but so far I have been very pleased with the results. More importantly, the customers have been too. Horns actually exceeded my expectations. It’s a really nice looking AGE. Everything came together really well on it. RB is looking good too so far. And I... wait I almost gave away the next book. My bad.

Ahhhhhhhh!!

MikeDuke
08-13-2019, 06:39 AM
Thanks for the clarification Paul. All your stuff is top notch. And it is cool that there are more Brother books to give people a chance to get one. It's not a race to see which sells out the quickest. I am just happy to be in a position to get the limited.

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 06:41 AM
Whatever that next AGE is, just go ahead and put me down for one. You got my info!

St. Troy
08-13-2019, 07:07 AM
All your stuff is top notch.

For some reason, when I first read this, I thought it said "top crotch."

I think I need to spend less time online today...

jsweet
08-13-2019, 07:32 AM
Once again, I have to thank Paul for his great packing. My books arrived yesterday, with a huge hole gouged in the side of the box - the kind of thing you always say, well, that book's going to be ruined.
A little damage to the packing foam, but the book itself pristine

lotuz
08-13-2019, 09:21 AM

Let us know if that ending BLOWS you away like it did me. It took me 3 days to read this last December... I think it was the fastest I ever read a book. Haha

WOW. I hit a pivotal scene last night and just couldn't stop reading. There was one aspect of the utterly insane ending that I guessed at, but it was only a part of the whole tour-de-force...

Major spoilers here:

The scene that I hit where I knew I was just going to stay up as late as I needed to finish it was Misty's death. You know from the beginning that her life is pretty tenuous and that Claudine could very well kill her, and then when you find out that Claudine killed Lauralynn it seems even more likely, but I was still shocked when the actual scene happened.

The part of the ending that I guess at was that Alice and Michael were related. The scene in the McDonalds where they look into each other's eyes was a little heavy handed: "It was then that he realized that their eyes matched in color almost perfectly." Maybe it's just me, but I see my eyes in the mirror every day and if someone had the same color as mine I'm not sure I'd notice. Maybe so! But anyway that was some clear foreshadowing that they were related. Siblings was still a bit of a surprise, and DEFINITELY the whole rest of the crazy plan that Rebel pulled off was a total mind-fuck.

I like the bit of ambiguity at the end, too...

But holy shit that book was crazy and intense!

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 09:25 AM
I avoided your spoiler, but your post has me wondering if I should just get a reading copy NOW? Or should I wait to experience Brother for the first time in Suntup HD?

lotuz
08-13-2019, 09:28 AM

This is really thoughtful. I can't imagine how many people came to the site a day/week/month too late for any of the previous releases and left empty-handed when they realized that all the limited editions of all the books were sold out. To have a really beautiful book available to buy, and at a lower price point, is very nice for a prospective new customer/collector. It makes it that much more likely that they'll sign up for the newsletter and pay attention to the new releases and eventually score an even-more-limited title... From that perspective, it makes sense to have at least one limited title available as much as possible, and I think doing the occasional 500-copy print run is a great way to make that happen without diluting the very limited nature of the whole enterprise. Awesome example of putting the customer experience first.

webstar1000
08-13-2019, 09:29 AM
I avoided your spoiler, but your post has me wondering if I should just get a reading copy NOW? Or should I wait to experience Brother for the first time in Suntup HD?

FUCKIN NOW.

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 09:29 AM

Too late. I'm getting it Thursday.

webstar1000
08-13-2019, 09:31 AM

WOW. I hit a pivotal scene last night and just couldn't stop reading. There was one aspect of the utterly insane ending that I guessed at, but it was only a part of the whole tour-de-force...

Major spoilers here:

The scene that I hit where I knew I was just going to stay up as late as I needed to finish it was Misty's death. You know from the beginning that her life is pretty tenuous and that Claudine could very well kill her, and then when you find out that Claudine killed Lauralynn it seems even more likely, but I was still shocked when the actual scene happened.

The part of the ending that I guess at was that Alice and Michael were related. The scene in the McDonalds where they look into each other's eyes was a little heavy handed: "It was then that he realized that their eyes matched in color almost perfectly." Maybe it's just me, but I see my eyes in the mirror every day and if someone had the same color as mine I'm not sure I'd notice. Maybe so! But anyway that was some clear foreshadowing that they were related. Siblings was still a bit of a surprise, and DEFINITELY the whole rest of the crazy plan that Rebel pulled off was a total mind-fuck.

I like the bit of ambiguity at the end, too...

But holy shit that book was crazy and intense!

DO NOT OPEN. READ BOOK 1ST.

I did not call that it was his mother he killed... but knew it was something odd. I thought it was his sister (his GF at the time AND NO I did not know that was his sister!!!!) I just didn't know what the fuck was going on and could not stop till i found out. UNREAL EH? Glad someone else has read it. II want to read more by her!!!!

webstar1000
08-13-2019, 09:32 AM

lol:clap:

lotuz
08-13-2019, 09:34 AM

You are not gonna want to put this book down once you start it, so you are going to want a reading copy anyway :)

I agree that it would be awesome to read it for the first time in "Suntup HD" but once you start it you won't want to switch to some other title for the train ride...

Br!an
08-13-2019, 09:38 AM

Amazon free two day delivery.

lotuz
08-13-2019, 09:41 AM
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS...

Glad someone else has read it. I want to read more by her!!!!

I looked on Amazon and she has a good number of other books. Most seem to have solid 4+ star ratings, and right now I'm debating between her first book, Seed, and her most recent one, If You See Her.

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 09:45 AM

This is really thoughtful. I can't imagine how many people came to the site a day/week/month too late for any of the previous releases and left empty-handed when they realized that all the limited editions of all the books were sold out. To have a really beautiful book available to buy, and at a lower price point, is very nice for a prospective new customer/collector. It makes it that much more likely that they'll sign up for the newsletter and pay attention to the new releases and eventually score an even-more-limited title... From that perspective, it makes sense to have at least one limited title available as much as possible, and I think doing the occasional 500-copy print run is a great way to make that happen without diluting the very limited nature of the whole enterprise. Awesome example of putting the customer experience first.

Yep to all of that. And I think a print run of 500 is still very low. If it means there will be more books of this quality at this price point, then I'm all for it. It really is a sweet spot. Though it is a thrill to have a numbered HILL HOUSE from the original launch print run of only 185. Not gonna lie, I like how that feels. (I wish I could say the same about MISERY! But I guess I had Chrome issues that day). Anyway, those are just my two cents. As a law, I approve of everything Paul does. So onward!

webstar1000
08-13-2019, 09:56 AM
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS...

Glad someone else has read it. I want to read more by her!!!!

I looked on Amazon and she has a good number of other books. Most seem to have solid 4+ star ratings, and right now I'm debating between her first book, Seed, and her most recent one, If You See Her.

I am going to read all of her.

Paul, have you read other works by her? Thoughts if so?

MikeDuke
08-13-2019, 09:56 AM
Agree with you Lotuz and Jeff. And Jeff, it is cool buying a book on it's initial release.

MikeDuke
08-13-2019, 09:57 AM
I looked on her website and her books do sound interesting. I doubt this will be the only book of hers that I read.

NiceM
08-13-2019, 11:56 AM
Got so much on my reading list but you guys are making me put this on top of the list...

kingfan2323
08-13-2019, 02:28 PM
Got so much on my reading list but you guys are making me put this on top of the list...I was thinking the same damn thing! I am not a speed reader and my stack is GROWING.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L

Joe315
08-13-2019, 02:35 PM
I bought a copy that I got yesterday and read the first couple pages before I went to bed. Definitely pulled me in.

Dr. Dawg
08-13-2019, 02:38 PM
For me, Brother has leapfrogged Blood Meridian and No Country For Old Men, which were only on my list because the last Suntup announcement introduced me to Cormac McCarthy....

Br!an
08-13-2019, 03:44 PM
I bought a copy that I got yesterday and read the first couple pages before I went to bed. Definitely pulled me in.

I received a copy today. I need a good night's sleep. Do I dare start reading it?

Joe315
08-13-2019, 04:13 PM

I received a copy today. I need a good night's sleep. Do I dare start reading it?

You may want to give yourself a free window of time before jumping in. If everyone else's reviews are anything to go by, you'll get sucked in.

webstar1000
08-13-2019, 04:14 PM

Yes.

dnemec
08-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Highly recommend picking up any of Ania Ahlborn's books. I just finished my 3rd and they are really quite good. If you are looking for others, I just finished The Shuddering (although that deserves a reread when it's 0 degrees and snowing) which was quite enjoyable, but Within These Walls was freaking fantastic. My favorite of hers thus far.

By the way, received my copy of Horns today and it is simply gorgeous. I think I may need to order that portfolio. Nice work, Paul!!!!

wizardsrainbow
08-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Misery S/L price update.....copy with penguin, cube and schwag just sold for $4500...Prices have not come down.

jeffingoff
08-13-2019, 06:15 PM
Misery S/L price update.....copy with penguin, cube and schwag just sold for $4500...Prices have not come down.

Did that come with rights too?

wizardsrainbow
08-13-2019, 06:23 PM

yes with rights

zelig
08-13-2019, 09:25 PM
Highly recommend picking up any of Ania Ahlborn's books. I just finished my 3rd and they are really quite good. If you are looking for others, I just finished The Shuddering (although that deserves a reread when it's 0 degrees and snowing) which was quite enjoyable, but Within These Walls was freaking fantastic. My favorite of hers thus far.

By the way, received my copy of Horns today and it is simply gorgeous. I think I may need to order that portfolio. Nice work, Paul!!!!

Thanks Dez! It feels like years since we connected on here.. Probably not that long...

herbertwest
08-14-2019, 12:47 AM

But... with what rights?
The following book is already sold, so.... does that mean that the buyer has bought each following books, and includes the rights to the NEXT suntup book?
I am confused

Munnecom
08-14-2019, 01:12 AM
Rights to the next Suntup King book, probably.

Hunchback Jack
08-14-2019, 01:15 AM
Owners of Misery have rights to the next King Suntup release (if there is one). King and non-King Suntup books are on separate rights "tracks", if you will. Owners of Brother have rights to the next non-King book with matching number, but not to the next King book.

herbertwest
08-14-2019, 03:41 AM
Ok, so with MISERY came the rights for the next KING books, shall there be one. Is that correct?

Beverly Marsh
08-14-2019, 03:41 AM
I must admit I had never heard of this particular book(Brother not Misery :biggrin:)nor it's author before but I am HIGHLY intrigued now. After reading through this thread I decided to download everything by her that's available for kindle. Once I finish my Kealan Patrick Burke marathon I'm going to immediately start Brother. You guys BETTER be right about her! :lol:

Beverly Marsh
08-14-2019, 03:42 AM
Ok, so with MISERY came the rights for the next KING books, shall there be one. Is that correct?

Correct

webstar1000
08-14-2019, 03:43 AM
When will people get it? No offence but guys come on....how many times do we have to be told that rights follow the book?!!? The ONLY way Misery would have no rights is if there was another King book released. SO YES... they all come with rights. No matter what. Period. That’s it... that’s all.

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 04:32 AM
I must admit I had never heard of this particular book(Brother not Misery :biggrin:)nor it's author before but I am HIGHLY intrigued now. After reading through this thread I decided to download everything by her that's available for kindle. Once I finish my Kealan Patrick Burke marathon I'm going to immediately start Brother. You guys BETTER be right about her! :lol:

I was going to read KIN right after BROTHER and have a backwoods family horror double feature written by two authors I’ve never read.

Cook
08-14-2019, 04:59 AM
When will people get it? No offence but guys come on....how many times do we have to be told that rights follow the book?!!? The ONLY way Misery would have no rights is if there was another King book released. SO YES... they all come with rights. No matter what. Period. That’s it... that’s all.

Too much coffee this morning? :excited:

webstar1000
08-14-2019, 05:11 AM

Too much coffee this morning? :excited:

LOL not enough maybe.

playdohman
08-14-2019, 05:12 AM

The rights follow the book only IF the buyer and/or seller notify Suntup of the sale. If someone sold their Misery without rights and the buyer agreed , assuming they were only interested in Misery only, and neither party informed Suntup, then when the next King book comes up the seller would still be the owner of record and would have the rights as for as Suntup was concerned.

I am not saying any one would only want Misery or that it has been tried this but it could be possible. Rights following the book only works if Suntup knows who has the book.

What would the stand alone price for Misery would be in this scenario?

webstar1000
08-14-2019, 05:16 AM

The rights follow the book only IF the buyer and/or seller notify Suntup of the sale. If someone sold their Misery without rights and the buyer agreed , assuming they were only interested in Misery only, and neither party informed Suntup, then when the next King book comes up the seller would still be the owner of record and would have the rights as for as Suntup was concerned.

I am not saying any one would only want Misery or that it has been tried this but it could be possible. Rights following the book only works if Suntup knows who has the book.

Rights follow the book though. Take a pic and show Paul... the buyer has the power not the seller. No offense my man.. moot point as the book is the rights not the person. AS for the book with no rights? GREAT question. I think it will settle at around $3000 as it is still the nicest S/L out there in many peoples eyes.

Cook
08-14-2019, 05:25 AM

Rights follow the book though. Take a pic and show Paul... the buyer has the power not the seller. No offense my man.. moot point as the book is the rights not the person. AS for the book with no rights? GREAT question. I think it will settle at around $3000 as it is still the nicest S/L out there in many peoples eyes.

Where did you come up w/that number, just out of curiosity?
How do you know this?

playdohman
08-14-2019, 05:25 AM

That is the way it works IF the buyer and/or seller inform Suntup of the sale. If not, Suntup does not know the book changed hands so their owner of record could not possible be updated. All I am saying is that it could happen this way if both parties agreed.

webstar1000
08-14-2019, 05:28 AM

That is the way it works IF the buyer and/or seller inform Suntup of the sale. If not, Suntup does not know the book changed hands so their owner of record could not possible be updated. All I am saying is that it could happen this way if both parties agreed.

Sure it could I guess if both agreed. Ill give ya that..

webstar1000
08-14-2019, 05:29 AM

Where did you come up w/that number, just out of curiosity?
How do you know this?

I don't as it was a guess Richard.

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 05:34 AM

The point is moot for me, since there is no way I will be able to buy a numbered Misery before Paul announces Gerald’s Game next week.

Unless I can sneak into someone’s house and take a pic of their Misery number next to my face. Then I’ll get the numbered and AGE of Gerald’s Game.

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 05:37 AM

The point is moot for me, since there is no way I will be able to buy a numbered Misery before Paul announces Gerald’s Game next week.

Unless I can sneak into someone’s house and take a pic of their Misery number next to my face. Then I’ll get the numbered and AGE of Gerald’s Game.

I hope everyone realizes I was kidding about GERALDS GAME. I have no inside info.

But I was dead serious about sneaking into someone’s house for a pic of the numbered Misery if that’s what it takes.

Just kidding about that too.

MikeDuke
08-14-2019, 05:51 AM
On another note, so I don't get fired from my job, there are now 248 left of Brother. I like the idea that people were saying before that someone may come across the site and see that everything is sold out.
But now, having 500, at a pretty good price IMHO, it gives them a chance to at least get one book. And who knows, I don't think it will happen with every one, but there may be another 500 print run book down
the line that the people who have #251 and higher can get with no problem. And of course if there is a book that does not sell out and it's a run of 250, I would assume they could try and get one.

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 05:57 AM
On another note, so I don't get fired from my job, there are now 248 left of Brother. I like the idea that people were saying before that someone may come across the site and see that everything is sold out.
But now, having 500, at a pretty good price IMHO, it gives them a chance to at least get one book. And who knows, I don't think it will happen with every one, but there may be another 500 print run book down
the line that the people who have #251 and higher can get with no problem. And of course if there is a book that does not sell out and it's a run of 250, I would assume they could try and get one.

I think those who have number 251 and higher won’t get a private presale opportunity on the next Suntup unless it’s also a print run of 500. That would be a huge headache for Paul I’d imagine.

I’ll happily push any remaining copies of Brother when I inbox it next year.

MikeDuke
08-14-2019, 06:00 AM

I think those who have number 251 and higher won’t get a private presale opportunity on the next Suntup unless it’s also a print run of 500. That would be a huge headache for Paul I’d imagine.

That's what I thought I said. If not, sorry for the confusion.

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 06:01 AM

That's what I thought I said. If not, sorry for the confusion.

Hahahaha Any confusion is on my part then.

Cook
08-14-2019, 06:22 AM

I hope everyone realizes I was kidding about GERALDS GAME. I have no inside info.

But I was dead serious about sneaking into someone’s house for a pic of the numbered Misery if that’s what it takes.

Just kidding about that too.

We all know you really meant DIFFERENT SEASONS... or was it PET SEMATARY ?
But GERALD'S GAME is good too. :)

Munnecom
08-14-2019, 06:29 AM
Unless I can sneak into someone’s house and take a pic of their Misery number next to my face.

That would never work. You'd wake them up with your gasping and then they'd use the little ax on the traycase to kill you to death.

That's what I'd do, at least. :evil:

Patrick
08-14-2019, 06:31 AM
Unless I can sneak into someone’s house and take a pic of their Misery number next to my face.

That would never work. You'd wake them up with your gasping and then they'd use the little ax on the traycase to kill you to death.

He’s not wrong.

Munnecom
08-14-2019, 06:36 AM

Per Suntup's Brother product page:

With a print run of 500, if your designated number is 251 or greater, please be aware that you will not be able to match against future editions that have a print run of 250 copies.

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 06:36 AM

He’s not wrong.

I’m as stealthy as a screaming ninja juggling running chainsaws.

Love the barbaric response of a death by a thousand hacks.

Munnecom
08-14-2019, 06:41 AM
You should leave the Dragon Lord at home though. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a fair fight.

Kongo
08-14-2019, 07:58 AM
Could you guys imagine the promotional items for Gerald's Game? Fuzzy handcuffs and lube would be a must

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 08:19 AM
You should leave the Dragon Lord at home though. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a fair fight.

Even if I had the Dragon Lord strapped to my naked thigh Lara Croft-style, I probably would be too mesmerized by seeing the actual Suntup numbered edition of MISERY to use it. I'd gasp in delight as I inspected that little axe as it hacked into me.

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 08:21 AM
Could you guys imagine the promotional items for Gerald's Game? Fuzzy handcuffs and lube would be a must

With Paul, the possibilities for items would be endless:

Finger bones. A drinking glass. A little porcelain dog with protruding ribs! The case for the lettered edition could be the bag the Space Cowboy carried. Or it would be held on a bed.

MikeDuke
08-14-2019, 08:23 AM

Per Suntup's Brother product page:

With a print run of 500, if your designated number is 251 or greater, please be aware that you will not be able to match against future editions that have a print run of 250 copies.
I know that. I was just saying that I think it's very cool for Paul to open the door to more people to get a Suntup book and if he does another book that is above 250, they can get it. That's all I was trying to say.

Cook
08-14-2019, 08:28 AM

Even if I had the Dragon Lord strapped to my naked thigh Lara Croft-style, I probably would be too mesmerized by seeing the actual Suntup numbered edition of MISERY to use it. I'd gasp in delight as I inspected that little axe as it hacked into me.

Don't get me wrong, your unboxings are the best, but things strapped to your naked thigh.. please don't go there. :frown1:
Man, I crack me up.. now you guys will never get that outta your head :rofl:

Munnecom
08-14-2019, 08:37 AM
Did you get the Horns portfolio in the end, Jeff?

amd013
08-14-2019, 08:50 AM

Getting horns in the end doesn't sound like fun.

Munnecom
08-14-2019, 09:01 AM
This used to be such a nice, upstanding thread...

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 09:19 AM

AH, well, about that . . . no I didn't. My money and marriage, being what they are, have forced me to let go of what I can and the first things that I've had to pass on were grab bags and artist portfolios. I made that decision before Paul announced the HORNS portfolio and it was nearly impossible to hold to that decision because that artwork is amazing and it's even more amazing when you see it live and in your hands. What kept me on the pass side of the fence was knowing that Paul was announcing a new release. I needed to save my pennies for that. I also passed on SubPress's FULL THROTTLE.

It's a very short word, and it appears in a few languages, but NO is a hard word to learn.

Brian861
08-14-2019, 10:27 AM

Somethings you just can't un-see ><

NiceM
08-14-2019, 10:28 AM

AH, well, about that . . . no I didn't. My money and marriage, being what they are, have forced me to let go of what I can and the first things that I've had to pass on were grab bags and artist portfolios. I made that decision before Paul announced the HORNS portfolio and it was nearly impossible to hold to that decision because that artwork is amazing and it's even more amazing when you see it live and in your hands. What kept me on the pass side of the fence was knowing that Paul was announcing a new release. I needed to save my pennies for that. I also passed on SubPress's FULL THROTTLE.

It's a very short word, and it appears in a few languages, but NO is a hard word to learn.

Can you be my teacher? I'm having issues as of late with all these gorgeous books being released from suntup, Centipede en SubPress :panic:

swintek
08-14-2019, 10:37 AM

Can you be my teacher? I'm having issues as of late with all these gorgeous books being released from suntup, Centipede en SubPress :panic:

I agree. There's a glut of high priced books nowadays. Too many to keep up with on a "normal" salary. It is time to learn that dreaded word.

Hunchback Jack
08-14-2019, 10:44 AM

Pro-tip: strap it to the outer naked thigh, not your inner naked thigh. Otherwise you may recreate a certain Misery scene on your, um, third foot.

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 10:46 AM

Don't get me wrong, your unboxings are the best, but things strapped to your naked thigh.. please don't go there. :frown1:
Man, I crack me up.. now you guys will never get that outta your head :rofl:

Odd, but getting my words reflected back to me has had a scarring effect on my brain. I've injured myself.

Hunchback Jack
08-14-2019, 10:54 AM
Meanwhile, while we were distracted by Jeff's naked thigh, Paul has posted a new video:

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/2395045047418940?s=591231801&v=e&sfns=mo

HBJ

MikeDuke
08-14-2019, 10:57 AM
Very cool vid. I think the book and case look awesome from what I can see from the video. That did look like a lot of books on that desk. #130 in mine :excited:.

amd013
08-14-2019, 11:04 AM
When I started watching that and saw how much he has to go through for each one, I thought to my self, "I wonder if he ever forgets what number he is on and has to go back to the last book and check." Sure enough it happened about 20 seconds later. Funny thing is he even said number 35 out loud, then forgot and had to recheck.

Man that kind of stuff happens to me all the time. Glad I'm not the only one.

jeffingoff
08-14-2019, 11:21 AM
When I started watching that and saw how much he has to go through for each one, I thought to my self, "I wonder if he ever forgets what number he is on and has to go back to the last book and check." Sure enough it happened about 20 seconds later. Funny thing is he even said number 35 out loud, then forgot and had to recheck.

Man that kind of stuff happens to me all the time. Glad I'm not the only one.

I was hoping to see him number 23! Cool video and a great look at those slipcases.

lotuz
08-14-2019, 11:56 AM
Don't worry about the pace at which I handle the books, I'm a trained professional

:emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:

kingfan2323
08-14-2019, 01:55 PM
Just so big Suntup fans do not miss out:
EOTD portfolio on Collectible Classifieds- Primarily for SK Items thread.

seeking: ANYTHING DT related #246
Ready Plyer One Sub Press S/L

BadHatHarry
08-14-2019, 03:17 PM
Just a quick shout out to Paul and his team, who were amazingly quick and helpful with some paperwork and a couple of requests today. Top notch all around!

Hunchback Jack
08-14-2019, 04:44 PM

I admire a man (or woman) who can make hard choices. You gotta draw that line, or else ... well, read my sig. :)

HBJ

zelig
08-14-2019, 05:09 PM
Thanks BadHatHarry.

So the numbering is all done. Tomorrow we pack and ship. Look out for your shipment notifications. We will be shipping all remaining orders.

Oh and pleased you liked the video.

Hunchback Jack
08-14-2019, 05:39 PM
:excited: :excited: :excited:

firemonkey66
08-14-2019, 06:24 PM
Meanwhile, while we were distracted by Jeff's naked thigh, Paul has posted a new video:

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/2395045047418940?s=591231801&v=e&sfns=mo

HBJ

Haha, that was a cool video, thanks for posting it, HBJ. Paul, with the doubled print run you might want to hire a helper to number Brother when it comes in:) Or you could send them out blank and request the book owner fill it in, honor system style. If not everybody, just send Jeff’s blank and make him do an unboxing and numbering video:excited:

zelig
08-14-2019, 06:56 PM
I should clarify. When I said we’ll be shipping all remaining orders, it might not all happen in one day. But tomorrow the last batch of orders will begin shipping.

And yes Brother crossed my mind when I was numbering Horns. Yikes, 500! Yes will likely have a helper for that.

swintek
08-14-2019, 08:17 PM
Why was that video the most exciting thing I've seen all week? It shouldn't have been- just a guy writing numbers in books, but- Paul's enthusiasm is pure joy. A guy at the final stage of a particular dream. Love it.

Brian861
08-14-2019, 10:59 PM
I can't remember what my number is :lol:

Ben Mears
08-15-2019, 01:39 AM
...Paul's enthusiasm is pure joy. A guy at the final stage of a particular dream. Love it.

+1

Beverly Marsh
08-15-2019, 04:35 AM
Horns. WOW. And I only have the AGE which essentially looks like a numbered.
I'll admit that at first I wasn't going to get this because I decided to get less Hill items. Then I saw the artwork. Then I said "but self it's one of your favorite Hill books" Then I said "but again self you know it's going to be gorgeous". Then I ordered it. So very happy I did!

Garrell
08-15-2019, 04:48 AM
Got mine yesterday, what a beautiful book. Watch the movie HORNS yesterday in honor of it. The wife liked the story.

Roseannebarr
08-15-2019, 05:11 AM
Horns. WOW. And I only have the AGE which essentially looks like a numbered.
I'll admit that at first I wasn't going to get this because I decided to get less Hill items. Then I saw the artwork. Then I said "but self it's one of your favorite Hill books" Then I said "but again self you know it's going to be gorgeous". Then I ordered it. So very happy I did!

Too funny, I went thought that same debate, including the Goldsboro book and Sub book of full throttle. Bought them all.

jeffingoff
08-15-2019, 05:27 AM

I admire a man (or woman) who can make hard choices. You gotta draw that line, or else ... well, read my sig. :)

HBJ

SO true. I have books just staring at me from the bookshelf, purchased from past grab bags, that I may never read. It's possible I might just get bored one day and take a detour from the insane amount of planned reads I have and go off on a tear through these other countries, but it's sorta kinda probably not going to happen.

wolfehr
08-15-2019, 05:59 AM
Just got a shipping notice for my numbered and Lettered Horns!!! Ahhhh!!!!!

Brian861
08-15-2019, 10:47 AM
Just got a shipping notice for my numbered and Lettered Horns!!! Ahhhh!!!!!

I did too for my numbered! :excited: :flip2::nana:

MikeDuke
08-15-2019, 10:53 AM
I just got mine also. For the numbered. But no shipping label so I can't track it yet. Damn. Hurry up post office. Don't you know there is something important on it's way?

Brian861
08-15-2019, 10:55 AM
I just got mine also. For the numbered.

I expect more excitement out of you, young man!

MikeDuke
08-15-2019, 10:59 AM
OK how is this for excitement
:nana::rock::flip2::biggrin1::dance::biggrin::thum bsup::onfire::excited:. That should just about cover it right Brian?

Brian861
08-15-2019, 10:59 AM
OK how is this for excitement
:rock::flip2::biggrin1::dance::biggrin::thumbsup:: onfire::excited:. That should just about cover it right Brian?

:thumbsup:

MikeDuke
08-15-2019, 11:04 AM
I just had to add the nanna as well Brian. It needed to be done.

jeffingoff
08-15-2019, 11:30 AM
I got my shipping notice. Cue the gasping.

Hunchback Jack
08-15-2019, 11:50 AM
Still waiting on shipping notice for my numbered/gift combo. :panic:

jeffingoff
08-15-2019, 11:58 AM

I’m sure you don’t need to panic. Though I would totally be panicking if I were you. But I’m an uptight guy with anxiety issues. A healthy human in your situation should not be panicking. But I would be.

In other news: got my reading copy of Brother today. Gonna start in on it once I’m done with A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS.

Hunchback Jack
08-15-2019, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the moral support, Jeff. I'm calm now. :)

BTW, just about done with Brother. It's good. Someone should do an S/L of it.

HBJ

MikeDuke
08-15-2019, 12:19 PM

HBJ
I was panicking as well. He won't forget you. I am sure you will get an email any minute now

jeffingoff
08-15-2019, 12:19 PM

HBJ

Pfft! There's not a publisher brave enough or visionary enough to take on such an unknown book by a barely known author. Not a publisher in all the land, I tell you! Who would step up and take such a gamble? Why, that book hasn't even seen a hardcover release! No. Your dream of that book in any form of limited edition is a collector's fever!

BadHatHarry
08-15-2019, 12:25 PM
Got my shipping notice for Horns numbered! I also got my AGE earlier this week. Super excited!

The Library Policeman
08-15-2019, 12:53 PM
Got my shipping notice for the numbered also. :tongue1:

jeffingoff
08-15-2019, 01:33 PM
Got my shipping notice for the numbered also. :tongue1:

It's downright mood-altering. Don't drive and Suntup.

Dr. Dawg
08-15-2019, 01:39 PM
My package has been picked up by UPS! Horns (gift and limited) should be in my hands on Saturday!!! My weekend just got better!

jeffingoff
08-15-2019, 01:41 PM
My package has been picked up by UPS! Horns (gift and limited) should be in my hands on Saturday!!! My weekend just got better!

You might overdose.

Br!an
08-15-2019, 01:58 PM

I’m sure you don’t need to panic. Though I would totally be panicking if I were you. But I’m an uptight guy with anxiety issues. A healthy human in your situation should not be panicking. But I would be.

In other news: got my reading copy of Brother today. Gonna start in on it once I’m done with A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS.

I thought AHFOG was just okay. I read the whole thing and mostly enjoyed it, but I wasn't thinking about it all the time when I wasn't reading it. As I anticipate will be the case with Brother. I am going to start reading it after dinner.

Br!an
08-15-2019, 02:04 PM
I have shipping notices for all orders. :dance:

The two gift edition orders are Media Mail. The S/L is Priority Mail. They should all arrive either Monday or Tuesday.

I love the way these books look. I can hardly wait to hold them. :tongue:

jeffingoff
08-15-2019, 02:10 PM

The two gift edition orders are Media Mail. The S/L is Priority Mail. They should all arrive either Monday or Tuesday.

The AGE feels even better than it looks.

Randall Flagg
08-15-2019, 02:15 PM

The AGE feels even better than it looks.Kind of likea penis

Munnecom
08-15-2019, 02:47 PM
Wow.

Br!an
08-15-2019, 04:18 PM

The AGE feels even better than it looks.Kind of likea penis

Wouldn't be the first time I touched one, one. :evil:

Brian861
08-15-2019, 11:29 PM
I just had to add the nanna as well Brian. It needed to be done.

Expect nothing less, my friend.

Beverly Marsh
08-16-2019, 03:38 AM
With Jeff's naked thighs and Jerome's um, "member" I think we need to add an X rating to the thread title.

NiceM
08-16-2019, 04:14 AM
With Jeff's naked thighs and Jerome's um, "member" I think we need to add an X rating to the thread title.

Triple :)

NiceM
08-16-2019, 04:15 AM
My AGE is locked in customs. Cant wait to pick it up Monday

jeffingoff
08-16-2019, 04:44 AM

I’m renaming my channel American Thighs. And now my unboxings are going to be so so so wrong.

MikeDuke
08-16-2019, 04:47 AM
I have the tracking number and it says it's ready to go, it is just not on the move yet. Hopefully sometime today.

Munnecom
08-16-2019, 05:54 AM

I’m renaming my channel American Thighs. And now my unboxings are going to be so so so wrong.

I’m definitely staying subscribed now... :clap:

MikeDuke
08-16-2019, 06:13 AM
Jeff, you+naked thigh+that knife on your thigh... Just be careful and make sure you have a phone ready to dial for an emergency.

RichardX
08-16-2019, 07:18 AM
I really like the Dolores Claiborne cover. Interesting how you get a different perspective on a work of art when you see it in a different context. I do miss seeing the covers shown in framing options - even if the framing option is longer available from SP. It gave me some ideas on how I might like to frame it.

jeffingoff
08-16-2019, 07:22 AM
I really like the Dolores Claiborne cover. Interesting how you get a different perspective on a work of art when you see it in a different context.

I was struck the same way. More so with this cover than with others in the series. This art is so much better without the title treatment.

webstar1000
08-16-2019, 07:54 AM
Damm Paul... Damm. I just opened my lettered Horns. I have $ for a designation and it is spelled out in Morse Code. This book guys... is unreal. IT is beautiful. Totally perfect. WOW. Another knock out man. UNREAL.

jeffingoff
08-16-2019, 07:57 AM
Jeff, you+naked thigh+that knife on your thigh... Just be careful and make sure you have a phone ready to dial for an emergency.

Phone's on the other thigh.

MikeDuke
08-16-2019, 07:58 AM
That's cool Kris. Can't wait to get my numbered. Should be on it's way to me very shortly.

MikeDuke
08-16-2019, 07:59 AM

AHHHH... Then you are good to go.

Munnecom
08-16-2019, 08:42 AM
I have $ for a designation

Is that because you're a lifetimer, so your books are not actually part of the A-Z lettered run? What number do you get?

Does that also mean that the actual limitation is 26/250/500 lettered/numbered books + PC copies + Lifetimer copies, as the latter two are not the same?

webstar1000
08-16-2019, 08:50 AM

Is that because you're a lifetimer, so your books are not actually part of the A-Z lettered run? What number do you get?

Does that also mean that the actual limitation is 26/250/500 lettered/numbered books + PC copies + Lifetimer copies, as the latter two are not the same?

Yes, Paul asked me to choose a key on the Misery Typewriter... $ was the best one:) The other lifetimer has an actual letter... My number is 150. I get that for life as well.

jeffingoff
08-16-2019, 08:52 AM

Yes, Paul asked me to choose a key on the Misery Typewriter... $ was the best one:) The other lifetimer has an actual letter... My number is 150. I get that for life as well.

very cool!

ICry4Oy
08-16-2019, 09:20 AM

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/rdp.jpg

Kongo
08-16-2019, 09:25 AM
We demand more gimp suit unboxings!

Munnecom
08-16-2019, 09:43 AM
"But the gimp's sleepin'..."

zelig
08-16-2019, 11:02 AM
Okay party people, everything has been boxed and is ready to be picked up by the carriers. All remaining orders have been fulfilled at this point and will go out today. Thanks to forum member cook for helping out. Happy days.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_3723.jpg

MikeDuke
08-16-2019, 11:04 AM
Mine is in there somewhere :)
P.S Dayum, that is a lot of boxes of different sizes. Seeing that really puts into perspective of the amount of work it takes just to ship these things.

amd013
08-16-2019, 11:11 AM

I hope you don't "pocket" dial anyone.

Hunchback Jack
08-16-2019, 11:42 AM

For pity's sake, DON'T GIVE HIM IDEAS!!!!

HBJ

jeffingoff
08-16-2019, 11:44 AM

HBJ

Amazon says it'll be here Monday.

St. Troy
08-16-2019, 11:53 AM

HBJ

Amazon says it'll be here Monday.

That's not an Amazonian...

MikeDuke
08-16-2019, 11:55 AM
To change the subject, Horns AGE is now out of print. Yet another sell out by Paul. And Brother is in the mid to low 200's.

Munnecom
08-16-2019, 04:28 PM
Paul, one thing I've been meaning to ask: Brother is slated for a January 2020 release and you said in your Facebook Live video that Rosemary's Baby would definitely be out before the end of the year. Does that mean Brother will jump the queue and come out before The Road, or are you still planning to fit that in somewhere in between?

Also, just a silly thing I've been wondering about: what would happen if someone were to drop their lettered The Road? Would that material you used for the boards shatter into a bazillion pieces?

zelig
08-16-2019, 07:45 PM
Paul, one thing I've been meaning to ask: Brother is slated for a January 2020 release and you said in your Facebook Live video that Rosemary's Baby would definitely be out before the end of the year. Does that mean Brother will jump the queue and come out before The Road, or are you still planning to fit that in somewhere in between?

Also, just a silly thing I've been wondering about: what would happen if someone were to drop their lettered The Road? Would that material you used for the boards shatter into a bazillion pieces?

Brother has a planned release for Jan 2020. RB, although delayed some for a couple reasons will be released next. After that, The Road. So basically the order in which they were announced.

I haven't dropped the book, thankfully, but it should not shatter. They are produced in sheets that are thinner than you would think possible, and have a backing applied. If the book were dropped, you would probably just have a bumped corner as you would if you dropped any book. One thing about the slate though is that it can show fingerprint marks when touched with your bare hands, so it's best to handle it with gloves. I'll probably include a pair with each copy.

lotuz
08-16-2019, 08:12 PM
Brother has a planned release for Jan 2020. RB, although delayed some for a couple reasons will be released next. After that, The Road. So basically the order in which they were announced.

So basically like 3 releases in the next ~6 months, and presumably at least one new announcement...

:excited::excited::excited:

MikeDuke
08-16-2019, 08:29 PM

So basically like 3 releases in the next ~6 months, and presumably at least one new announcement...

:excited::excited::excited:
Yea, I kinda feel the same way.

Brian861
08-16-2019, 10:06 PM
Okay party people, everything has been boxed and is ready to be picked up by the carriers. All remaining orders have been fulfilled at this point and will go out today. Thanks to forum member cook for helping out. Happy days.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_3723.jpg

Like Paul sending this children out into the world for us to care for.

What is in the bag on the top left?

Are you at liberty to say what is causing RB to be delayed?

zelig
08-17-2019, 03:27 AM

That isn’t a bag. It’s two boxes joined together and wrapped with kraft paper. Long story.

With RB, two things. The art was turned in late and the switch from Peele to Palahniuk. Books are at the binders now anyway so it’s moving along well at this point. Oh and a gremlin went and added a couple typos after the book was printed which Chuck discovered in his intro, so we reprinted those pages. The joys of being a publisher.

MikeDuke
08-17-2019, 05:38 AM
But overall, I'd say it's great news that RB is at the binder now :excited:. To me, that's always a good sign.

P.S Those Gremlins are a real pain in the ass aren't they :pullhair:. I have had them myself when dealing with my HT, but after time they just move on.

Brian861
08-17-2019, 10:15 AM

That isn’t a bag. It’s two boxes joined together and wrapped with kraft paper. Long story.

With RB, two things. The art was turned in late and the switch from Peele to Palahniuk. Books are at the binders now anyway so it’s moving along well at this point. Oh and a gremlin went and added a couple typos after the book was printed which Chuck discovered in his intro, so we reprinted those pages. The joys of being a publisher.

Gotcha. Thanks!

Hunchback Jack
08-17-2019, 03:08 PM
Great news about future titles! Thanks, Paul!

And my numbered and Gift Horns will arrive on Monday. I cannot wait.

Tommy
08-17-2019, 05:53 PM

I think I know her.....

Brian861
08-17-2019, 09:56 PM
Great news about future titles! Thanks, Paul!

And my numbered and Gift Horns will arrive on Monday. I cannot wait.

My limited is due to arrive Monday as well!

peripheral
08-17-2019, 10:07 PM
Seeing photos of these Horns editions arriving in people's hands... They look absolutely spectacular. Congrats Paul.

Dr. Dawg
08-18-2019, 11:14 AM
Wow! Another excellent production!

My favorite parts of the gift edition are the dust jacket (I really think the artist nailed the artwork for this book), the red cover with the stamped cross, and the slipcase, which has a really nice sturdiness and quality feel to it.

The limited... I just took it out for the second time since it arrived yesterday... I LOVE the slipcase. Very unique, and I have never held, let alone opened one like this before. The book is a perfect fit, and that gold really pops! I was pleasantly surprised by the softness of the snakeskin spine, and I love the Japanese cloth boards. The feel of the snakeskin and Japanese cloth in my hand as I flipped through and read the introduction is second to none. The Letterpress really stands out, especially when you look at the gift edition text in comparison. That's not a knock on the gift (which is really nice), but says more about the quality of the limited.

Joe's introduction is perfect. I wanted to reread Horns in the Limited edition right there...

Thank you Paul and the Suntup team! Can wait for Rosemary's Baby!!

MikeDuke
08-18-2019, 01:41 PM
According to USPS, I won't get mine until next Sat :cry:. Hopefully that is wrong and I will get it sooner than that.

zelig
08-18-2019, 01:49 PM
Seeing photos of these Horns editions arriving in people's hands... They look absolutely spectacular. Congrats Paul.

Thank you kindly!

Wow! Another excellent production!

My favorite parts of the gift edition are the dust jacket (I really think the artist nailed the artwork for this book), the red cover with the stamped cross, and the slipcase, which has a really nice sturdiness and quality feel to it.

The limited... I just took it out for the second time since it arrived yesterday... I LOVE the slipcase. Very unique, and I have never held, let alone opened one like this before. The book is a perfect fit, and that gold really pops! I was pleasantly surprised by the softness of the snakeskin spine, and I love the Japanese cloth boards. The feel of the snakeskin and Japanese cloth in my hand as I flipped through and read the introduction is second to none. The Letterpress really stands out, especially when you look at the gift edition text in comparison. That's not a knock on the gift (which is really nice), but says more about the quality of the limited.

Joe's introduction is perfect. I wanted to reread Horns in the Limited edition right there...

Thank you Paul and the Suntup team! Can wait for Rosemary's Baby!!

That’s what I love to hear. Thank you!

According to USPS, I won't get mine until next Sat :cry:. Hopefully that is wrong and I will get it sooner than that.

That’s Media Mail for ya.

MikeDuke
08-19-2019, 05:26 AM
Yea Paul. I got you. At least I see a little movement when I check the tracking. I can hold on until Sat.

jeffingoff
08-19-2019, 05:55 AM
With RB, two things. The art was turned in late and the switch from Peele to Palahniuk. Books are at the binders now anyway so it’s moving along well at this point.

There's a little more to unpack from the "art was turned in late" statement.

If I recall, the impetus for doing the AGE of RB was 1. Customer demand (I think I cried the loudest with grown man tears burrowing into my beard) and 2. because the artist had this idea for a reversible dust jacket.
But the dust jacket has that kick ass Michael Parkes art (really love that decision--I feel like Paul went back in time and had a beer with me in my condo--can you do that again, Paul, and talk some sense to that idiot?)
The dust jacket doesn't seem to be reversible. THOUGH I don't mind it either way! That's not a complaint. ANd it's possible that it still is but Paul just isn't sharing photos yet. But all of these lead to the real point I want to make and i think we can all find comfort in as collectors:
Paul does not f**k around. The impetus for the AGE might have something to do with an idea by the artist, but if that art doesn't come in on time, Paul isn't going to wait. He keeps promises even if others don't keep theirs. I think that's bad ass. Despite two fairly major setbacks Paul is keeping to his schedule. Bow down.

becca69
08-19-2019, 05:57 AM
The dustjacket IS reversible Jeff :evil: