PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

ICry4Oy
08-01-2019, 02:14 PM
Ordered the Horns portfolio. I don't even collect portfolios but hate to break up a set.....

Randall Flagg
08-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Ordered my HORNS art portfolio the other day. There was never any question about it.

That Lettered THE ROAD video you released today was so very cool. I’m going to pretend my numbered edition is bound the same way.

Cool little giveaway, Paul, no matter what Jerome says. Congrats, guys!

I really was kidding, hence the tongue emoji.

MLG
08-01-2019, 02:22 PM
Thanks All! It's a beautiful book.

Pop quiz. I mean pop free books.

I have two copies of the Misery AGE without a slipcase going for the special price of zero dollars. Today only. Get them while supplies last. This deal won't be repeated.. yadda yadda... First two members to reply here (not PM) will get a copy each. Free Media Mail postage in the USA. Outside USA will have to pay postage. Happy Friday. I mean, Happy Thursday.

What a badass :thumbsup:

Wait a second! What did Paul mean by "Happy Friday. I mean, Happy Thursday." ???? It's a goddamned clue is what it is! He could have easily edited that replacing Thursday with Friday since he obviously caught the error before posting! So what does it mean? I'll tell you it means he's doing an edition of Robinson Caruso!

Nah, he is doing a novelization of the movie 'Friday'. Introduction by Ice Cube. It will then be followed by 'Next Friday' and 'Friday After Next' to complete the first Suntup Trilogy.

jeffingoff
08-01-2019, 02:51 PM
Thanks All! It's a beautiful book.

Pop quiz. I mean pop free books.

I have two copies of the Misery AGE without a slipcase going for the special price of zero dollars. Today only. Get them while supplies last. This deal won't be repeated.. yadda yadda... First two members to reply here (not PM) will get a copy each. Free Media Mail postage in the USA. Outside USA will have to pay postage. Happy Friday. I mean, Happy Thursday.

What a badass :thumbsup:

Wait a second! What did Paul mean by "Happy Friday. I mean, Happy Thursday." ???? It's a goddamned clue is what it is! He could have easily edited that replacing Thursday with Friday since he obviously caught the error before posting! So what does it mean? I'll tell you it means he's doing an edition of Robinson Caruso!

Nah, he is doing a novelization of the movie 'Friday'. Introduction by Ice Cube. It will then be followed by 'Next Friday' and 'Friday After Next' to complete the first Suntup Trilogy.

Hahahahaha I’ll buy two sets! And get one signed by Zeus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelig
08-01-2019, 03:10 PM

Could mean nothing at all... Not everything I say has a deeper meaning... Although... now that you mention it, maybe something is happening next Friday... hmmm...

I’m going to pretend my numbered edition is bound the same way.

Although a different binding, I can tell you that each book of the numbered is bound by hand with as much care. The limited will also be a beautiful book.

Cool little giveaway, Paul, no matter what Jerome says. Congrats, guys!

I really was kidding, hence the tongue emoji.

I took it as a joke, it did put a smile on my face... There's actually a clause in the publisher contracts that covers remainders, and I always gloss over it. Hopefully I won't have to be concerned about that particular part of publishing... ;-0

MikeDuke
08-01-2019, 03:52 PM
Yes. Congrats to everyone getting a lettered. I mean that with all sincerity. But I feel lucky that I am getting a numbered ed :).

Munnecom
08-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Could mean nothing at all... Not everything I say has a deeper meaning... Although... now that you mention it, maybe something is happening next Friday... hmmm...

09-08-2019 will mark a year and a day since the publication of Misery, so clearly you are sending every buyer a cake via overnight mail.

I'm partial to apple pie myself.

zelig
08-01-2019, 05:03 PM

09-08-2019 will mark a year and a day since the publication of Misery, so clearly you are sending every buyer a cake via overnight mail.

Oh, that's right. Wow, a year already. Hard to believe.

peripheral
08-01-2019, 05:47 PM
Only one year, and you've performed like a veteran. Well done Paul...

The Library Policeman
08-01-2019, 06:15 PM
Yeah what a year, Paul. I know you had the EOTD portfolio and the covers collection before publishing Misery, but book-wise, you’ve done absolutely top-notch work!

Cook
08-01-2019, 06:46 PM

Really, I could have sworn 8-8-19 was the anniversary of misery.
Never-mind, I misinterpreted your 9-8 to mean Sept. 8th

jeffingoff
08-01-2019, 07:06 PM

+1 all day on this. Perfectly stated.

jeffingoff
08-01-2019, 07:07 PM
Yeah what a year, Paul. I know you had the EOTD portfolio and the covers collection before publishing Misery, but book-wise, you’ve done absolutely top-notch work!

+1 on this too!!

zelig
08-01-2019, 07:39 PM

Yes, 8/8/18 was the date Misery published. I had to move a few mountains to get all three books to drop on that exact date, but it happened.

+1 all day on this. Perfectly stated.

Thanks guys...

zelig
08-01-2019, 08:35 PM
Aftermarket sales of pre-ordered books, and the associated rights transfer forms have become a little unwieldy. The reason we have this system in place is to give current owners an opportunity to purchase the next book, and lock in their letter and/or number with a private pre-order. I guess that's all obvious. Anyway, using spreadsheets to keep track of all this is no longer effective, so I am in the process of implementing software that will keep track of all this automatically. More on that later.

For now, I have a quick favor to ask. If you are a current registered owner of the Lettered edition of The Road, whether as the original buyer, or someone who bought it from the original or secondary buyer, then please send me a PM with your name, and if you know it, the letter you own. This is just an added level of redundancy to make sure my records match with yours until my new system is up and running.

Much appreciated.

Hunchback Jack
08-01-2019, 10:19 PM
The 1 year anniversary of Misery shipping occurred to me a few days ago, too. I have to say, with all the announcements since then, and the third Suntup publication just about to ship, I couldn't believe it's been ONLY a year.

You've made a huge splash in the publishing world, Paul. Congratulations. It's always exciting to see what you have in store next.

HBJ

Munnecom
08-01-2019, 11:29 PM

I’m European, we do things differently here. ;-)

Brian861
08-01-2019, 11:46 PM
Congrats to the winners of the book giveaway and good on you, Paul for offering them up!

NiceM
08-01-2019, 11:57 PM
Congrats to the winners of the book giveaway and good on you, Paul for offering them up!
Tnx, im very grateful for this. Now I only need the EOTD portfolio to complete my suntup line with the exception of The Haunting of Hill house as I am waiting for Jerad's Centipede edition at end of this year. The Misery AGE was high on my list and this giveaway by Paul is such a cool bonus!

MikeDuke
08-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Congrats on your first year Paul. Looking very much to see what is in the future.

zelig
08-02-2019, 05:09 AM
Congrats on your first year Paul. Looking very much to see what is in the future.

Thanks Mike!! But we are in Suntup's third year. I started the press in early 2017 with the launch of Palladini's art portfolio. First book though (Misery) was announced Feb 2018. Work began on that in April 2017.

MikeDuke
08-02-2019, 05:28 AM

Thanks Mike!! But we are in Suntup's third year. I started the press in early 2017 with the launch of Palladini's art portfolio. First book though (Misery) was announced Feb 2018. Work began on that in April 2017.
See, that's why I was in L.D math :tongue1:. No matter how many years you have been in business, it's a good thing.

wolfehr
08-02-2019, 06:20 AM
Just pre-ordered the Horns Art Portfolio. Almost didn’t because I’m trying to cut back on expenses, but the art is amazing and I know I’d regret not having a matching portfolio.

Kudos Paul on another wonderful product!

jeffingoff
08-02-2019, 06:28 AM
Just pre-ordered the Horns Art Portfolio. Almost didn’t because I’m trying to cut back on expenses, but the art is amazing and I know I’d regret not having a matching portfolio.

Would you all please just knock it off with the posts about how you're getting the HORNS portfolio? I'm trying to resist and keep my book budget stocked for the next Suntup book--which is going to be a sequel to SLOB in which Chain Gang and Pinhead team up to kill Jaws. And all you folks chiming in with how awesome it will be to have a matching set are making it damn near impossible to resist! Because that art is wonderful and the set would be spectacular on the shelf--the Numbered, the AGE, and the Portfolio!! GAAAAHHHHHH

NiceM
08-02-2019, 06:49 AM

Would you all please just knock it off with the posts about how you're getting the HORNS portfolio? I'm trying to resist and keep my book budget stocked for the next Suntup book--which is going to be a sequel to SLOB in which Chain Gang and Pinhead team up to kill Jaws. And all you folks chiming in with how awesome it will be to have a matching set are making it damn near impossible to resist! Because that art is wonderful and the set would be spectacular on the shelf--the Numbered, the AGE, and the Portfolio!! GAAAAHHHHHH

Maybe we just want another unboxing video Jeff...

Munnecom
08-02-2019, 06:52 AM
Just give in already, man.

“What’s the unboxing? I don’t know, but it isn't the Horns portfolio because I didn’t order that and now someone else has my number and my set will never be complete and I’m sad forever and my socks are always wet and whenever I go to the bathroom at night in the dark, I step on a LEGO brick and the ‘check engine’ light in my car is always on and I miss every green light wherever I go.”

See? No one wants that. We’re all just looking out for you.

MikeDuke
08-02-2019, 06:55 AM
Hey Jeff. Just do it. Worry later.

jeffingoff
08-02-2019, 06:56 AM

Maybe we just want another unboxing video Jeff...

Well, the world will get those whether the world wants them or not. And there will definitely be two HORNS unboxings in the near future. I can't wait to run my fingers down that snakeskin spine! And I'll try to keep my annoying gaspings to a minimum. Seriously, I can't watch my SHINING or MISERY unboxings with all the exclamations I make.

jeffingoff
08-02-2019, 07:00 AM
Hahahaha you guys are VICIOUS! I'll need to crawl into a forum submarine to withstand these 20,000 leagues of peer pressure!

Munnecom
08-02-2019, 07:03 AM
One of us! One of us! One of us! :evil:

WeDealInLead
08-02-2019, 07:14 AM
Hahahaha you guys are VICIOUS! I'll need to crawl into a forum submarine to withstand these 20,000 leagues of peer pressure!

You know, even when I was a kid the math in this title didn't add up and then I figured it out; either Verne fudged up or the 20,000 leagues was the length (not depth) of their voyage. You wouldn't be able to feel 20,000 leagues of pressure, that's around five times the depth of Marianna's Trench.

Munnecom
08-02-2019, 07:22 AM
This Marianna sounds like a fun gal.

Br!an
08-02-2019, 07:23 AM

You know, even when I was a kid the math in this title didn't add up and then I figured it out; either Verne fudged up or the 20,000 leagues was the length (not depth) of their voyage. You wouldn't be able to feel 20,000 leagues of pressure, that's around five times the depth of Marianna's Trench.

It is the length of their voyage. It equals approx. 80,000 kilometers. Far too large a distance to be the depth of anything on earth.

jeffingoff
08-02-2019, 07:26 AM

It is the length of their voyage. It equals approx. 80,000 kilometers. Far too large a distance to be the depth of anything on earth.

Well, look at me, learning things!

jeffingoff
08-02-2019, 07:27 AM

Goddamned hilarious!

NiceM
08-02-2019, 08:43 AM

This!:lol::lol:

MikeDuke
08-04-2019, 03:03 PM
Got the "We will soon be shipping Horns by Joe Hill" email. :rock::thumbsup::excited:. Can't wait.

zelig
08-04-2019, 05:06 PM
Got the "We will soon be shipping Horns by Joe Hill" email. :rock::thumbsup::excited:. Can't wait.

Yep, Horns will begin shipping very soon.

For those of you who are Facebook friendly, I will be doing a long-overdue live broadcast on Friday August 9th at 9AM Pacific where I will have all three editions to show you (but only briefly so as not to spoil your own experience of them.) I will also have a rare edition to show you which will be part of an upcoming contest. Oh, and there will be news about the next release! So don't miss it. If you're not a FB person, then don't worry, an email will go out afterwards with the headlines.

jeffingoff
08-04-2019, 05:25 PM
I can’t wait!

zelig
08-04-2019, 05:27 PM
I can’t wait!

No jacket this time. The crown is yours.

Brian861
08-04-2019, 06:53 PM

Totally stoked too, Mike! It's like Christmas in July. Except it's August and it's not Christmas. Unless it's NOS4A2, but it's Horns. So it's not that either......

jeffingoff
08-05-2019, 03:15 AM
I can’t wait!

No jacket this time. The crown is yours.

No jacket required. Any crown I'm wearing is 50% imagination and 50% aspiration. I predict that when I unbox HORNS (twice) I'm going to generate a tsunami of regret in those who passed on purchasing any of the three editions. Their tears will nourish the seeds of resolve or despair. And then they will buy whatever AGEs remain.

Munnecom
08-05-2019, 03:57 AM
I’m looking for the Eyes of the Dragon portfolio #158 to complete my set. I understand this is a long shot, but if anyone has any information about its whereabouts, please drop me a line!

MikeDuke
08-05-2019, 04:52 AM

Yep, Horns will begin shipping very soon.

For those of you who are Facebook friendly, I will be doing a long-overdue live broadcast on Friday August 9th at 9AM Pacific where I will have all three editions to show you (but only briefly so as not to spoil your own experience of them.) I will also have a rare edition to show you which will be part of an upcoming contest. Oh, and there will be news about the next release! So don't miss it. If you're not a FB person, then don't worry, an email will go out afterwards with the headlines.
We can see this if we just go to your Facebook button on the bottom of your page right?

zelig
08-05-2019, 05:38 AM
We can see this if we just go to your Facebook button on the bottom of your page right?

Yes that should do it. As long as you have FB open in your browser or app and you’re following the SE FB page then I believe you will get a notification when I go live.

MikeDuke
08-05-2019, 05:49 AM

Yes that should do it. As long as you have FB open in your browser or app and you’re following the SE FB page then I believe you will get a notification when I go live.
OK. I know I am asking a lot, but will you post a recording of it on FB as well after you are done live?

vincent
08-05-2019, 05:56 AM
I think that happens automatically, Mike, I will also watch afterwards.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

MikeDuke
08-05-2019, 06:03 AM
I think that happens automatically, Mike, I will also watch afterwards.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
I thought so, because I seem to remember watching one later also. Just making sure.

The Library Policeman
08-06-2019, 02:36 AM
Just ordered my Horns portfolio. Looks to be a fantastic production as ever :thumbsup:

Beverly Marsh
08-06-2019, 05:08 AM
Looking forward to Horns! I love seeing those address check emails :)

I'm sure you can't answer this officially Paul but maybe cryptically? :rolleyes3: Do you think there's a chance, even a small one, of another SK book at some point? I know as the man gets older he may want to do less and less......

St. Troy
08-06-2019, 07:29 AM
There's been no end to suggestions made of books for Suntup to produce editions of (not a bad thing), so here's one more (assuming no one has mentioned this one yet):

Danse Macabre. I think, being nonfiction, it would make an interesting choice that opens up opportunities for unusual additions for artwork (perhaps scans of movie posters; possibilities abound) and new commentary (guest afterword/intro etc.), the dream form of which would, of course, be a true update (not a 2-page thing) from King himself.

webstar1000
08-06-2019, 07:40 AM
There's been no end to suggestions made of books for Suntup to produce editions of (not a bad thing), so here's one more (assuming no one has mentioned this one yet):

Danse Macabre. I think, being nonfiction, it would make an interesting choice that opens up opportunities for unusual additions for artwork (perhaps scans of movie posters; possibilities abound) and new commentary (guest afterword/intro etc.), the dream form of which would, of course, be a true update (not a 2-page thing) from King himself.

We have an S/L of this... I am a real big believer in doing the ones NOT done yet... just my 2 cents.

zelig
08-06-2019, 08:49 AM
I'm sure you can't answer this officially Paul but maybe cryptically? :rolleyes3: Do you think there's a chance, even a small one, of another SK book at some point? I know as the man gets older he may want to do less and less......

Here's my answer:

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/alchemy_sampler.gif

And don't read too much into this. There's no deeper meaning... it's just some random Alchemy symbols because I felt like being a smartass.. :-)

Beverly Marsh
08-06-2019, 09:17 AM

Here's my answer:

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/alchemy_sampler.gif

And don't read too much into this. There's no deeper meaning... it's just some random Alchemy symbols because I felt like being a smartass.. :-)

You know, I totally saw this coming :emot-roflolmao:

NiceM
08-06-2019, 09:24 AM
So Jeff, did u cave to the pressure!?

zelig
08-06-2019, 10:04 AM
Let the games begin.... :onfire:

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/IMG_8191.jpg

Randall Flagg
08-06-2019, 10:05 AM
Ok. So those are Kris's copies, what about the rest of us?

MikeDuke
08-06-2019, 10:06 AM

Nice. Can't wait to get that shipping notice :excited:.

Brian861
08-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Just ordered my Horns portfolio. Looks to be a fantastic production as ever :thumbsup:

Agreed! :cool:

webstar1000
08-06-2019, 10:18 AM

lolololol

zelig
08-06-2019, 10:31 AM

Everyone else's will ship next week. Kris get's priority.

webstar1000
08-06-2019, 10:34 AM

Everyone else's will ship next week. Kris get's priority.

:huglove:

Garrell
08-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Woot woot... shipping notice!!!!!!

jeffingoff
08-06-2019, 10:38 AM
GOT MY SHIPPING NOTICE FOR THE AGE

MikeDuke
08-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Waiting patiently for my notice :)
Yea, I am happy I got the portfolio also.

Hunchback Jack
08-06-2019, 11:58 AM
:panic: Still no shipping notice!

(Not really :panic:, but :excited:)

HBJ

MikeDuke
08-06-2019, 11:59 AM
I am with you HBJ, I am with you.

zelig
08-06-2019, 12:06 PM
Shipping will take place in batches, and also based on which edition you ordered, and in what configuration. So if you don't get a shipping notice right away, it will follow along soon.

Lurker
08-06-2019, 12:12 PM
Oooh, people with Starry Night hanging should jump to the front of the line...

swintek
08-06-2019, 01:14 PM
If one ordered a numbered and a gift- do they ship together, or separately?

zelig
08-06-2019, 01:22 PM

If the numbered and AGE were ordered together on the same order, they ship together. I checked, and you have separate orders for the AGE and numbered, so they will ship separately. Your AGE has shipped. You should have received the notification with tracking.

swintek
08-06-2019, 01:30 PM

If the numbered and AGE were ordered together on the same order, they ship together. I checked, and you have separate orders for the AGE and numbered, so they will ship separately. Your AGE has shipped. You should have received the notification with tracking.

Customer service! Thanks, Paul. Looking forward to seeing it.

zelig
08-06-2019, 02:35 PM
No problem. You’re going to really like it. I was impressed myself!

MikeDuke
08-06-2019, 03:42 PM
I guess I have little longer to wait. That's OK. I can handle it.

Lurker
08-06-2019, 04:08 PM
Cue up the Twilight Zone music. It musta worked. (well...) I got one a notice!

lotuz
08-06-2019, 06:17 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:: dance::dance:
:dance::excited::excited::excited::dance::excited: :excited::excited::dance:
:dance::excited::dance::dance::dance::excited::dan ce::dance::dance:
:dance::dance::dance::excited::dance::excited::dan ce::dance::dance:

EDIT: Oh man as soon as I looked as this post it hurt my eyes and my brain, so let's just say I'm really excited and open the spoiler at your own risk

zelig
08-06-2019, 07:05 PM
:dance::excited::dance::dance::dance::excited::dan ce::dance::dance:
:dance::dance::dance::excited::dance::excited::dan ce::dance::dance:

EDIT: Oh man as soon as I looked as this post it hurt my eyes and my brain, so let's just say I'm really excited and open the spoiler at your own risk

That’s crazy. Emoji art. I’m impressed.

NiceM
08-07-2019, 04:16 AM
The first two people who replied go ahead and PM me your name and address.

Also I promise not to put red remainder marks on the edges.

https://imageshack.com/i/po0EzmUNj

Misery arrived in perfect condition. Thank you Paul for this beautiful gift. It’s in good company until the other suntup Editions arrive and they get their own shelf.

jeffingoff
08-07-2019, 06:52 AM
Staring at, and resisting, the outstanding HORNS art portfolio, I had a thought: it would be wild if Magdalena Kaczan did a Suntup HORNS tarot deck. There's something about her art that strikes me as tarot-quality. The style of her art reminds me of a Tarot deck I used to own.

webstar1000
08-07-2019, 07:00 AM
Lettered on route.. I CANNOT wait. Has anyone ever heard of a letter going before a number? LOVE IT. I think that is bad asssssssssssss~

MikeDuke
08-07-2019, 07:02 AM
Lettered on route.. I CANNOT wait. Has anyone ever heard of a letter going before a number? LOVE IT. I think that is bad asssssssssssss~
Congrats Kris. I am really looking forward to seeing your picks of it.

MikeDuke
08-07-2019, 07:03 AM
The first two people who replied go ahead and PM me your name and address.

Also I promise not to put red remainder marks on the edges.

Misery arrived in perfect condition. Thank you Paul for this beautiful gift. It’s in good company until the other suntup Editions arrive and they get their own shelf.
Congrats. I like my GE very much also.

ICry4Oy
08-07-2019, 08:13 AM

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/ScentedTatteredAmericanbittern-size_restricted.gif

knightmare
08-07-2019, 08:24 AM
Staring at, and resisting, the outstanding HORNS art portfolio, I had a thought: it would be wild if Magdalena Kaczan did a Suntup HORNS tarot deck. There's something about her art that strikes me as tarot-quality. The style of her art reminds me of a Tarot deck I used to own.

That's a really cool idea!

ICry4Oy
08-07-2019, 09:11 AM
I like the tarot idea also!

Maybe something on the cheaper side:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Horns3.jpg

Or for RB:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/RosmarysBaby.jpg

knightmare
08-07-2019, 09:15 AM

Or for RB:

Did you mock those up, I....love it (not sure why this is part of the quote, it's after /quote)

jeffingoff
08-07-2019, 09:24 AM

Or for RB:

Love it! Genius how you can make one that serves two books! Maximum efficiency.

ICry4Oy
08-07-2019, 09:46 AM
Thanks! Did them rather crudely in MSpaint. Here's another RB a bit on the dark side...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/RosmarysBaby2.jpg

knightmare
08-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Thanks! Did them rather crudely in MSpaint. Here's another RB a bit on the dark side...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/RosmarysBaby2.jpg

Yeah, that's a take my money kind of thing. Love it

zelig
08-07-2019, 09:50 AM
You want another paperweight?? That what I should take from this?

knightmare
08-07-2019, 10:24 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR42OvycjF_q1ZqnVs_CTpVODG0Ov9Bb-fp95rRi_n1gvC7H04T

St. Troy
08-07-2019, 10:27 AM
What is the woodsy-looking item on the left?

lotuz
08-07-2019, 10:39 AM

I'll answer this, if NiceM doesn't mind: it's the lettered edition of The Feathered Bough put out by Zagava Press, a German publisher that publishes English-language books: https://www.zagava.de/

FWIW I think they are second only to Suntup Editions in terms of creative output in the English-language publishing world. Like Paul, they use a wide variety of materials including things like salmon-skin, metal, stone, glass, tree bark, etc. The designs are creative and would definitely qualify as "book art". It's mostly weird fiction and the authors that they publish are not very well known (probably the most "famous" is Reggie Oliver). They are definitely worth checking out if you're into books-as-art-objects.

knightmare
08-07-2019, 10:41 AM

I'll answer this, if NiceM doesn't mind: it's the lettered edition of The Feathered Bough put out by Zagava Press, a German publisher that publishes English-language books: https://www.zagava.de/

FWIW I think they are second only to Suntup Editions in terms of creative output in the English-language publishing world. Like Paul, they use a wide variety of materials including things like salmon-skin, metal, stone, glass, tree bark, etc. The designs are creative and would definitely qualify as "book art". It's mostly weird fiction and the authors that they publish are not very well known (probably the most "famous" is Reggie Oliver). They are definitely worth checking out if you're into books-as-art-objects.

Oh dang, I hadn't even heard of them. You're right, these look really great!

lotuz
08-07-2019, 10:49 AM

Last one, I promise! They're fun but they take too damn long

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
:):D:):D:):D:D:D:):D:D:D:)
:):D:):D:):D:):):):D:):):):)
:):D:D:D:):D:D:D:):D:D:D:)
:):):D:):):D:):):):):):):D:)
:):):D:):):D:D:D:):D:D:D:)
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

NiceM
08-07-2019, 11:02 AM

Dont mind at all. Its a perfect description of Zagava Press which is run by Jonas Plöger. He creates awesome books indeed. Bonus for me is shipping costs are on the right side of the ocean :)

knightmare
08-07-2019, 11:10 AM

Dont mind at all. Its a perfect description of Zagava Press which is run by Jonas Plöger. He creates awesome books indeed. Bonus for me is shipping costs are on the right side of the ocean :)

I admittedly didn't know the authors, but the books look great. I reached out to find out about letter requests, but either way there's a couple I could see on my display shelf. I really like the one you have, but my favorite is probably that lettered Suicide Machine. The prices are rather fair, even with shipping and the currency rate.

knightmare
08-07-2019, 11:28 AM
Back to Suntup....I am also super stoked to see all the editions of Horns, and just trying to keep calm waiting for Friday. Great job, Mr. Suntup!

ICry4Oy
08-07-2019, 11:42 AM

Seems to be the consensus! …..sorry if I started something....

zelig
08-07-2019, 12:47 PM

Seems to be the consensus! …..sorry if I started something....

I should have added a smiley face after that. But yes, I've considered a paperweight for RB, not for Horns. Was going to do one with a scrabble piece for RB. I have not made any final decisions on it though. Will see.

Munnecom
08-07-2019, 01:01 PM
I’d be up for that!

Edit:

I’m also in favour of the tarot cards idea.

Hunchback Jack
08-07-2019, 01:54 PM
I would love either the tarot cards or the paperweight. A numbered/lettered limitation would be cool. :)

HBJ

Lurker
08-07-2019, 02:42 PM
I'd go with tarot cards and save pw for SK books

Brian861
08-07-2019, 10:41 PM
The cards for Horns and the weight for RB are great ideas!

Patrick
08-08-2019, 09:06 AM
I’ve been catching up on the last few pages of this thread. You guys are quite entertaining. Keep it up.

Congrats on the one year anniversary of the publication of Suntup’s first book, Paul.

Looking forward to the arrival of HORNS and RB including, of course, the HORNS art portfolio.

The tarot card deck is a creative idea. I like it a lot.

At no point in my life have I ever thought I’d be qualified to say, “I curate a small collection of relatively rare and unique snowglobes and paperweights.” Count me in.

zelig
08-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Wow, one year ago today we published Misery.

MikeDuke
08-08-2019, 11:03 AM
Congrats Paul, and happy birthday to Misery. You are doing a fantastic job with your press.

jeffingoff
08-08-2019, 11:05 AM

Congratulations!!! When it comes to publishing books, you started at the peak, and it's all been uphill from there.

I realize that's confusing as hell.

Brian861
08-08-2019, 11:06 AM
Congrats Paul, and happy birthday to Misery. You are doing a fantastic job with your press.

Yep. Misery certainly loves company :)

MikeDuke
08-08-2019, 11:24 AM

Yep. Misery certainly loves company :)
Yea, but does it really? I guess your right though now that I think about it.

St. Troy
08-08-2019, 11:57 AM
...you started at the peak, and it's all been uphill from there.

Sounds like it may involve a stepladder and/or some wings...

jeffingoff
08-08-2019, 12:04 PM
...you started at the peak, and it's all been uphill from there.

Sounds like it may involve a stepladder and/or some wings...

Or a deus ex machina

becca69
08-08-2019, 01:11 PM

Feels like 10 years :rofl:

Munnecom
08-08-2019, 01:59 PM
Congratulations from me too, Paul.

Just so I can keep my expectations in check: are you announcing a title tomorrow or just a date (an announcement of an announcement, if you will)?

zelig
08-08-2019, 02:41 PM
Thanks All...

Feels like 10 years :rofl:

Good one! It sure does in some ways...

Congratulations from me too, Paul.

Just so I can keep my expectations in check: are you announcing a title tomorrow or just a date (an announcement of an announcement, if you will)?

Kind of what you said yes... but there's several other things I'll be talking about.

MikeDuke
08-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Looking towards tomorrow so much.

shaq
08-09-2019, 05:31 AM
Congratulations, a stellar year and a bit!!

Garrell
08-09-2019, 05:39 AM
9 am pst?

MikeDuke
08-09-2019, 05:44 AM
9 am pst?
Yep. That's what I think. So it's 12:00pm (edt) for me.

Garrell
08-09-2019, 05:53 AM
Same. ugh.......

Cook
08-09-2019, 08:00 AM
is there a link to the page for today's event?
found it thanks

Randall Flagg
08-09-2019, 08:10 AM
Try:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/suntupeditions/videos/?ref=page_internal

ICry4Oy
08-09-2019, 08:30 AM
New Book announcement and contest tomorrow! :excited:

Hunchback Jack
08-09-2019, 08:30 AM
Well, that was exciting! New book announcement and public preorder tomorrow! Contest for a special copy of Horns. Better set a reminder!

MikeDuke
08-09-2019, 08:35 AM
Very cool indeed. I can't wait to see what the new book is and get the link to order it.

firemonkey66
08-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Hahaha, I’m always impressed and inwardly horrified at the same time by how Paul handles his books during those videos! He’s tossing them around and leafing through them all fast, it’s like the exact opposite of how I handle my copies. I handle them like how a first time parent handles a baby, all carefully and gingerly, but Paul handles them like a father of 12 picking up his 13th baby, like it ain’t no thing:)

Great video, Paul! And I’m crossing my fingers and toes in hopes of winning that red Horns!

Ari_Racing
08-09-2019, 08:41 AM

Congrats, Paul!!!

stroppygoblin
08-09-2019, 08:45 AM
Teaser Video (https://suntup.press/?utm_source=Suntup%20Editions&utm_campaign=b61e1d79c1-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_21_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_447f8dd321-b61e1d79c1-447836021&mc_cid=b61e1d79c1&mc_eid=fd363e3259) is out.

jeffingoff
08-09-2019, 08:50 AM
Great FB event and great teaser video!!

lotuz
08-09-2019, 08:51 AM
Oooooooo!

I want to watch the video but won’t be able to for a while, can anybody share the details about this special copy of Horns and the associated contest?

jeffingoff
08-09-2019, 08:53 AM
Oooooooo!

I want to watch the video but won’t be able to for a while, can anybody share the details about this special copy of Horns and the associated contest?

I believe the details about the contest will be announced tomorrow. But the feed got wonky for me at the end. I might have missed it.

firemonkey66
08-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Oooooooo!

It’s a numbered edition of Horns with red snakeskin on the spine, it looks awesome:) I didn’t catch the contest details, I think that will be released tomorrow?

MikeDuke
08-09-2019, 08:56 AM
Man that teaser looks mean. And I say that in a good way.

Munnecom
08-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Will there be any "early bird" swag like the penguin or the planchette for this book? I won't be able to place my order right away tomorrow, but I also don't want to miss out...

(To be honest, I'm glad you stopped doing those limited goodies after Hill House. I was lucky enough to get both items, but it made the whole order process a lot more stressful.)

amd013
08-09-2019, 09:05 AM
Come on people I came here to see peoples speculation/guess based on the teaser video. Surely someone has figured it out.

becca69
08-09-2019, 09:06 AM
Will there be any "early bird" swag like the penguin or the planchette for this book? I won't be able to place my order right away tomorrow, but I also don't want to miss out...

(To be honest, I'm glad you stopped doing those limited goodies after Hill House. I was lucky enough to get both items, but it made the whole order process a lot more stressful.)

You don't have to worry about being an early bird!

Munnecom
08-09-2019, 09:10 AM
Thank you!

RC65
08-09-2019, 09:13 AM
Come on people I came here to see peoples speculation/guess based on the teaser video. Surely someone has figured it out.

My guess is Rex Miller's SLOB:

1). The chains in the video, 2). The "Miller" on the lock, and 3). King hailed Miller's Chaingang series (see cover pic), so there's a loose connection for the King fans.

It was a relatively impactful and influential series for its time, and has enough horror overtones to make it an appropriate fit for Suntup.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZDUtk3SYL._SL500_.jpg

I have the Centipede Press HC edition that Jerad did some time back...numbered and signed by Ray Garton (intro.).

Hunchback Jack
08-09-2019, 09:15 AM
I must admit, the lack of a private presale period for numbered edition has me sweating! :D

That teaser video is heart-pounding. I have no idea what the book is, but I'm pretty psyched.

HBJ

Ari_Racing
08-09-2019, 09:26 AM

1). The chains in the video, 2). The "Miller" on the lock, and 3). King hailed Miller's Chaingang series (see cover pic), so there's a loose connection for the King fans.

It was a relatively impactful and influential series for its time, and has enough horror overtones to make it an appropriate fit for Suntup.

I have the Centipede Press HC edition that Jerad did some time back...numbered and signed by Ray Garton (intro.).

That's a very good guess!

jeffingoff
08-09-2019, 09:31 AM

I already guessed that and Paul said it wasn’t SLOB. I’m out of guesses.

swintek
08-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Question that may or may not be obvious: will tomorrow's release hold the same "laws" of number (and letter) ownership? In other words- if current "Suntup Completists" do not order tomorrow's book- do they lose their future rights? I only ask as it's odd that current number holders aren't given a pre-order window. All fine, but thought I'd ask, for clarity.

RC65
08-09-2019, 09:36 AM

Ah. Then I have no idea. I did have a reservation about the guess, though, in that SLOB is not a classic of the genre in the same way that HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, the Nobel-winning THE ROAD, and ROSEMARY'S BABY are. As such, it did seem to make it a somewhat unlikely suspect, even if it does echo the teaser video's hints. Sounds like it was just coincidence.

mattgreenbean
08-09-2019, 09:37 AM
My co-worker thinks it's The Blair Witch...

I thought that was pretty funny.

Joe315
08-09-2019, 09:38 AM

Of course he’d say it wasn’t SLOB. That would ruin the surprise.

becca69
08-09-2019, 09:41 AM
Question that may or may not be obvious: will tomorrow's release hold the same "laws" of number (and letter) ownership? In other words- if current "Suntup Completists" do not order tomorrow's book- do they lose their future rights? I only ask as it's odd that current number holders aren't given a pre-order window. All fine, but thought I'd ask, for clarity.

Yep. You would have to order to maintain your first right of refusal for future books. The limitation is larger on this one, so there isn't a special order window. As long as you order within the first day or two you should be fine.

Randall Flagg
08-09-2019, 09:42 AM
Just came today:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1565372475-Horns%20gift.jpeg

MikeDuke
08-09-2019, 09:46 AM
The AGE, does look cool. Congrats Randall.

Ari_Racing
08-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Just came today:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1565372475-Horns%20gift.jpeg

Congrats, Jerome! It looks BEAUTIFUL!

webstar1000
08-09-2019, 09:56 AM
I think I might have figured it out BUT not 100%... and if so?!?! OMG PAUL... HANDS DOWN... BEST BOOK I READ LAST YEAR. I sure hope I’m right!! Man oh man!!

Patrick
08-09-2019, 09:57 AM
Beautiful! Looking forward to the arrival of mine!

T-Dogz_AK47
08-09-2019, 10:00 AM
I finished work late and have just watched the Facebook video... WOW! The red spined copy of Horns looks AMAZING!!!! :clap::clap::drool:

MikeDuke
08-09-2019, 10:02 AM
I can wait until tomorrow. This will probably be really cool for me because this will be the first book that I might have not heard of before. The other books, I at least have heard of them or the author. So I am excited to see what this is.

Patrick
08-09-2019, 10:03 AM
I finished work late and have just watched the Facebook video... WOW! The red spined copy of Horns looks AMAZING!!!! :clap::clap::drool:
Right?!

Anubis2347
08-09-2019, 10:04 AM
I love all of the Suntup editions... I really wish they could offer a payment plan option.

firemonkey66
08-09-2019, 10:06 AM
I love all of the Suntup editions... I really wish they could offer a payment plan option.

They do.

becca69
08-09-2019, 10:07 AM

There is a payment plan option available and you can register here: https://partial.ly/register?role=customer (It's not available for Gift Edition level books though).

T-Dogz_AK47
08-09-2019, 10:10 AM

They do. The following is from the Suntup page for Horns:

"A payment plan of four monthly payments is available for the Numbered and Lettered editions, or any order over $500. If you decide to pay with the installment plan, you can save time at checkout by registering your Partial.ly account in advance by clicking here. (This is the service we use to manage the installment payments.) If you already have an account, there is no need to register again."

https://suntup.press/horns/ (https://suntup.press/horns/)

Hunchback Jack
08-09-2019, 10:19 AM
I think I might have figured it out BUT not 100%... and if so?!?! OMG PAUL... HANDS DOWN... BEST BOOK I READ LAST YEAR. I sure hope I’m right!! Man oh man!!

Given that the private preordering period for the lettered edition is already open, don't you already know what it is, Kris?

stroppygoblin
08-09-2019, 10:23 AM

I could tell you but then I’d have to kill you...

I’m afraid I am bound by OSSA...

the Official Suntup Secrets Act. :evil:

Randall Flagg
08-09-2019, 10:26 AM

Given that the private preordering period for the lettered edition is already open, don't you already know what it is, Kris?
Since I just ordered my lettered and numbered, I have an idea what the book is.

swintek
08-09-2019, 10:56 AM

They do. The following is from the Suntup page for Horns:

"A payment plan of four monthly payments is available for the Numbered and Lettered editions, or any order over $500. If you decide to pay with the installment plan, you can save time at checkout by registering your Partial.ly account in advance by clicking here. (This is the service we use to manage the installment payments.) If you already have an account, there is no need to register again."

https://suntup.press/horns/ (https://suntup.press/horns/)

As someone who would simply not be able to own a Suntup book without the payment plan- I really appreciate this option. On that, I've always wanted to throw in my humble request that the price point for a payment plan be lowered to anything over $300, as $500 is too steep for me- and I'm sure many others- to kick in all at once for any book. I understand that there may be criteria with Partial.ly that dictate how you can or cannot set this up, but- wanted to request it anyway, if possible.

becca69
08-09-2019, 11:04 AM
The payment plan will be available on the limited edition of the upcoming book.

Brian861
08-09-2019, 11:19 AM
Interview with the Vampire. Kiss the Girls.

Lurker
08-09-2019, 12:02 PM
I didn't see anything for preordering the numbered?

MikeDuke
08-09-2019, 12:09 PM
The pre order is really not a pre-order. I think. We will be able to order tomorrow. For me it will be 12:00pm since I am in the east cost time zone.

Hunchback Jack
08-09-2019, 12:15 PM

This release is a bit different because there will be more numbered editions available than in previous titles. So there is no private pre-order period for the numbered; it's open season come 9:00am tomorrow morning (Pacific Time). So if you want to match your number, get in quick!

Owners of the Lettered edition of The Road did have a private preorder period for their matching letter of <insert title here>, so they are in the know. I am not one of those people. :P

HBJ

Lurker
08-09-2019, 12:19 PM
That sucks.

Patrick
08-09-2019, 12:39 PM
I have a matching number on my Suntup Editions. As Paul said in his live video and has repeated on other social media, just order your numbered edition on the weekend and you’ll be fine. They’ll match your ongoing number.

I’ll do this sometime tomorrow, but at 9 am I may not be available and I’m not sweating that fact.

Munnecom
08-09-2019, 12:43 PM
Does this mean another permanent increase of the numbered edition’s limitation going forward? You cannot leave all those joining the club for the first time tomorrow in the cold when the next book comes out, right?

Lurker
08-09-2019, 12:43 PM
Hmm. I don't know my number. I have three numbered books on order - but since I have not received any of them I don't know my number. I also appreciate time to figure out finances, but that won't happen. I don't facebook so the only video I saw was the one in the email.

Patrick
08-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Does this mean another permanent increase of the numbered edition’s limitation going forward? You cannot leave all those joining the club for the first time tomorrow in the cold when the next book comes out, right?
Sure they can reduce if an author only wants to sign a lower number of books, allows only a certain number of copies, or if Suntup feels demand is limited. I doubt that last one is ever going to be an issue though.

Hmm. I don't know my number. I have three numbered books on order - but since I have not received any of them I don't know my number. I also appreciate time to figure out finances, but that won't happen. I don't facebook so the only video I saw was the one in the email.
I’m sure they can match if you include a request comment in your order or send a note afterward.

becca69
08-09-2019, 12:52 PM

This book does have a higher limitation than what Suntup normally publishes. Future books will maintain the 250/26 limitations.

Your number will be matched even if you don't know what that is yet. If it helps, this book is the lowest priced limited edition book so far.

ICry4Oy
08-09-2019, 01:04 PM
If it helps, this book is the lowest priced limited edition book so far.:clap::rock::dance::biggrin1:

Randall Flagg
08-09-2019, 01:13 PM
I guess I'll have to open my lettered and numbered RB to see what letter /number I have.

jeffingoff
08-09-2019, 01:14 PM
I’m sure Paul has weighed all the factors and is confident that he won’t leave any collectors or current customers out in the cold. Most of us commenting still don’t know what the book is and it sounds like it’s a book Paul can take a reasonable gamble with.

lotuz
08-09-2019, 01:50 PM
I’m sure Paul has weighed all the factors and is confident that he won’t leave any collectors or current customers out in the cold. Most of us commenting still don’t know what the book is and it sounds like it’s a book Paul can take a reasonable gamble with.

Something different this time (especially compared to The Road) is that there is only 24 hours between the announcement that there will be another book and the pre-order period for the book. Typical periods for other books have been 2-3 days and with The Road there were more than two weeks! That, combined with the higher limitation, and I don't think there are going to be any Suntup collectors here who are going to miss out on their number.

I guess I'll have to open my lettered and numbered RB to see what letter /number I have.

RF, because it's you I can't tell if this is a typo or a sly secret comment or if I missed something :lol:

Randall Flagg
08-09-2019, 01:56 PM
I'm not even sure myself.
I have 2 Suntup boxes that are unopened.
They've been hanging around for a month or two.

stroppygoblin
08-09-2019, 02:34 PM

Whilst I can understand the circumstances, (My EOTD portfolio is still boxed, awaiting a suitable location to display it) That has to be a dagger through Paul's heart....:evil:

Cook
08-09-2019, 02:40 PM

Whilst I can understand the circumstances, (My EOTD portfolio is still boxed, awaiting a suitable location to display it) That has to be a dagger through Paul's heart....:evil:

My misery is still in the original box unopened waiting for the same... too funny.

Patrick
08-09-2019, 02:42 PM

My misery is still in the original box unopened waiting for the same... too funny.
Don’t ask about my last ten Covers Collection shipments then.

Br!an
08-09-2019, 02:48 PM
Even if I know I can't display the item right away, I always open my shipments. I have to see it. I have to hold it. I have to smell it. :tongue:

Cook
08-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Even if I know I can't display the item right away, I always open my shipments. I have to see it. I have to hold it. I have to smell it. :tongue:

Trust me, I know what your talking about.
Thankfully I’ve had the pleasure to hold both the lettered & limited, although distinctively different... they smell wonderful !!

Br!an
08-09-2019, 03:54 PM
So am I the only one who hasn't received a shipping notice recently? :orely:

Randall Flagg
08-09-2019, 04:18 PM
Sadly yes.:crow burp:

ICry4Oy
08-09-2019, 04:24 PM

Me either.

Hunchback Jack
08-09-2019, 05:02 PM

You are not the only one.

jeffingoff
08-09-2019, 06:22 PM
I got the shipping notice for the AGE but not the numbered.

MikeDuke
08-09-2019, 07:03 PM
I think Paul said something about the boxes coming next week for the numbered. Then they all have to have the numbered put on the limitation sheet. I
am hoping they get shipped out next week though.

zelig
08-09-2019, 08:01 PM
Fear not. Next batch will begin shipping mid next week. Mike is spot on. Just waiting on the Numbered boxes. We’re also shipping based on order configuration. So if you ordered a Gift and Numbered, we will ship together since they have basically dropped around the same time. Same with Lettered and Numbered.

Anyway, crazy day. Haven’t had much time to catch up here. Thanks for the comments.

Funny thing is this is the first book that no one has guessed.

MikeDuke
08-09-2019, 08:17 PM
So people who only ordered the numbered will probably get shipped last? I don't care, as long as it is delivered :excited: Like I said, I am glad no one has guessed it. A surprise will be nice. And it's probably a book I don't even know about, which makes it even better.

Patrick
08-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Did we already guess, The Cask of Amantillado? Nah, that isn’t obscure enough.

Roseannebarr
08-09-2019, 09:01 PM
John Saul. Suffer the children

Hunchback Jack
08-09-2019, 09:35 PM
By the way, I'm starting to see pics of the Horns Gift edition on social media. No spoilers, except to say that I think you've outdone yourself, Mr. Suntup.

Brian861
08-09-2019, 11:37 PM
Late to the party as I just now had time to sit down and watch the live feed. Paul, your enthusiasm for what you do is amazing and we're so lucky to be able to share that with you. As collectors, I believe we truly are living in a once in a lifetime experience with your press that may never be duplicated. That Lettered edition of Horns is a beast and a holy grail for any crazed Hill fan. Your work and name will live on for centuries, my friend.

jeffingoff
08-10-2019, 04:09 AM
Funny thing is this is the first book that no one has guessed.

That’s crazy since the idea for the book came from this Forum. Is it PINES by Blake Crouch? Or a different book by Crouch? Seems that I remember him being discussed.

I’m getting the impression that this is a recent publication.

I’ll find out soon enough.

Thanks for making these announcements such an event.

webstar1000
08-10-2019, 04:16 AM

Nope lifetime so I just get the book and don’t have to order.

jeffingoff
08-10-2019, 04:24 AM
Is it You by Caroline Kepnes??

frik
08-10-2019, 04:44 AM
Can't be anything but a Rex Miller book though? Why else the Miller in the video? :confused:
Slob has been mentioned here - could be Chaingang as well.
We'll find out soon enough.

sk

jeffingoff
08-10-2019, 04:47 AM
Can't be anything but a Rex Miller book though? Why else the Miller in the video? :confused:
Slob has been mentioned here - could be Chaingang as well.
We'll find out soon enough.

sk

Ha yes! Overlooked that obvious possibility.

zelig
08-10-2019, 06:18 AM
Miller on the lock was a complete fluke. And didn’t even make the Slob connection until it was pointed out. :-0

zelig
08-10-2019, 06:21 AM
It’s none of the ones just mentioned in the last few comments.

Garrell
08-10-2019, 06:23 AM
It’s none of the ones just mentioned in the last few comments.

But is Miller.
It is.
It is?
Is it?

Cook
08-10-2019, 06:32 AM
Paul,
Shouldn't you at the very least be giving one more clue by now... :D
Just say'n

becca69
08-10-2019, 06:47 AM
Paul,
Just say'n

I think he just did :ninja:

Kongo
08-10-2019, 07:39 AM
Can't wait to hear the announcement. Not too much longer now :emot-cthulhu:

Cook
08-10-2019, 07:45 AM
Paul,
Just say'n

I think he just did :ninja:

:)

MikeDuke
08-10-2019, 08:06 AM
The book sounds interesting. I have never heard of it before.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-10-2019, 08:08 AM
Here's the announcement: :clap:

https://suntup.press/brother (https://suntup.press/brother)

jeffingoff
08-10-2019, 08:11 AM
I'm so excited for this! I've heard nothing but great things about it and I've been meaning to read it. This is badass!

Garrell
08-10-2019, 08:13 AM
Ordered :excited:

Hunchback Jack
08-10-2019, 08:14 AM
It looks like another intriguing and unique book choice and design, Paul. Congratulations!

(Ordered, of course) :excited:

Were any lettered edition copies available? I didn't notice the link to the lettered page from the limited page until after I'd bought the limited - far too late.

HBJ

zelig
08-10-2019, 08:21 AM
It looks like another intriguing and unique book choice and design, Paul. Congratulations!

(Ordered, of course) :excited:

Were any lettered edition copies available? I didn't notice the link to the lettered page from the limited page until after I'd bought the limited - far too late.

HBJ

The Lettered sold out during the private pre-order.

NiceM
08-10-2019, 08:22 AM
God I love this press. I'm a lucky lettered owner but am very temped to order the limited as well. That walnut paper!!!

jsweet
08-10-2019, 08:22 AM
Ugh, that shipping from California is a killer ... at least I know it will be well packaged!

RC65
08-10-2019, 08:26 AM
I’ve read it and absolutely loved it. I was excited when Ahlborn announced a short while back that BROTHER was getting the limited HC treatment...but it never occurred to me that it would be by Suntup.

NiceM
08-10-2019, 08:28 AM
Paul how far into the numbered are you? Over 250 already?

Hunchback Jack
08-10-2019, 08:29 AM
God I love this press. I'm a lucky lettered owner but am very temped to order the limited as well. That walnut paper!!!

It looks amazing, doesn't it? The color and texture of the walnut paper on those boards are just wonderful. And so different from any previous Suntup title.

And so cool that this will not just be the first limited edition of the book, but the first hardcover edition.

ETA: Oh, Ahlborn also wrote The Bird Eater! That's on my to-read list.

Randall Flagg
08-10-2019, 08:40 AM
Ugh, that shipping from California is a killer ... at least I know it will be well packaged!
You think shipping sucks, try paying California sales tax (~9%) on a lettered and a numbered. Close to $200!

NiceM
08-10-2019, 08:48 AM
You think shipping sucks, try paying California sales tax (~9%) on a lettered and a numbered. Close to $200!
Try shipping that to The Netherlands which adds another 9% VAT for books:belial:

Phalucha
08-10-2019, 08:50 AM
I will stand pat on Rosemary’s Baby and The Road. Not interested in this title.

jeffingoff
08-10-2019, 09:03 AM
I think it’s a bold and fantastic choice and now it absolutely makes sense why Paul expanded the print run. Since this is the first limited and hardcover of this book, more people will come for it. Everyone I know who’s read it has loved it.

Though I think this is a perfect candidate for a gift edition as well.

And I’m not so sure people who own a number should wait to order.

Congrats on another wonderful selection, Paul.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-10-2019, 09:08 AM
This is a stellar book and the production of it looks out of this world!! :clap::clap:

I predict that this will sell out very, very quickly! :excited: :thumbsup:

Patrick
08-10-2019, 09:17 AM
I’m always happy that Paul makes his announcements that make sense for the west coast.

I ordered my matching number this morning, of course.

Joe315
08-10-2019, 09:20 AM
I’m always happy that Paul makes his announcements that make sense for the west coast.

I ordered my matching number this morning, of course.

And on a weekend too!

herbertwest
08-10-2019, 09:26 AM
The book looks stunning !

But did anybody here know that book? It's the first time I hear about it...

The Library Policeman
08-10-2019, 09:27 AM
Another beautiful Suntup production by the looks of it. :thumbsup:

RC65
08-10-2019, 09:33 AM

I read it two? three? years ago, and it was one of my favorite reads of that year. I’ve since picked up a couple other books from her, but haven’t read them yet....I’ve heard from others, though, that BROTHER is her best work, and that doesn’t surprise me...it has that feel of something singularly special, when an author has grasped lightning and is fashioning dark magic with it. The book still resonates with me, and some of the scenes are still crystal clear...as someone who reads a great deal but finds not much sticks in my mind — barely remembering the plot of the book I read last week — a book like BROTHER remaining so vividly etched in my mind signifies a work of unique narrative power.

Dr. Dawg
08-10-2019, 10:16 AM
Just ordered the S/L along with the paperback from Amazon. Looks like another excellent edition! I love how Paul's choices lead me to read books that I otherwise probably never would have. The description of Brother makes me a little nervous about losing some sleep this week, but it just jumped to the top of my list of what to read next!

Garrell
08-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Just ordered the S/L along with the paperback from Amazon. Looks like another excellent edition! I love how Paul's choices lead me to read books that I otherwise probably never would have. The description of Brother makes me a little nervous about losing some sleep this week, but it just jumped to the top of my list of what to read next!

Reading it after I finish "The Cabin At The End Of The World".

swintek
08-10-2019, 10:25 AM

I read it two? three? years ago, and it was one of my favorite reads of that year. I’ve since picked up a couple other books from her, but haven’t read them yet....I’ve heard from others, though, that BROTHER is her best work, and that doesn’t surprise me...it has that feel of something singularly special, when an author has grasped lightning and is fashioning dark magic with it. The book still resonates with me, and some of the scenes are still crystal clear...as someone who reads a great deal but finds not much sticks in my mind — barely remembering the plot of the book I read last week — a book like BROTHER remaining so vividly etched in my mind signifies a work of unique narrative power.

Wow, that's a great endorsement, Ron. Had never heard of it, nor the author, but have placed my order. In addition to the good things said about the novel proper- the production looks absolutely killer (no pun intended)! Really looking forward to it.

Also appreciate the payment plan option, Paul, but- jeez- over $30 to ship this thing? I may be close to only 30 miles away from you!

FlyerPhan0826
08-10-2019, 10:29 AM
Just ordered the S/L along with the paperback from Amazon. Looks like another excellent edition! I love how Paul's choices lead me to read books that I otherwise probably never would have. The description of Brother makes me a little nervous about losing some sleep this week, but it just jumped to the top of my list of what to read next!Couldn't agree more - excited to read this as well as get this edition!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Brian861
08-10-2019, 10:31 AM

I'm super intrigued as well and it just went straight to the top of my audio file. I was going to listen to The Road next but this got pushed up. And I was instructed by a friend that I would be ordering it :lol:

lotuz
08-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Just ordered a reading copy of Brother! Looking forward to it, given Paul’s decision to include it in the Suntup lineup as well as the great reviews from some of you guys.

Any word on the Horns contest? I believe the video said that there would be details today, so I probably just need to be patient for a bit :)

webstar1000
08-10-2019, 11:42 AM
This was hands down the best book I read last year. I raved about it to. Finished it 2 days. Wow.. so happy to get the suntup treatment on this book!!!

Hunchback Jack
08-10-2019, 11:44 AM
I also would not wait long. She's quite a popular author, and I think many of her existing readers will want a hardcover copy on their shelves.

If you want to read Brother on Kindle, it's $5 - and you can order the audiobook for $7.50 more if you want both (which is cheaper than the audiobook alone). I've ordered both and plan to read it before 2020 rolls around!

BTW the lettered endpapers look similar to the paperback cover illustration - was that intentional, Paul?

Hunchback Jack
08-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Just ordered a reading copy of Brother! Looking forward to it, given Paul’s decision to include it in the Suntup lineup as well as the great reviews from some of you guys.

Any word on the Horns contest? I believe the video said that there would be details today, so I probably just need to be patient for a bit :)

Anyone who preorders Brother by August 31 is automatically entered for a random draw.

Joe315
08-10-2019, 11:47 AM
https://suntup.press/brother

“During the binding of our limited edition of Horns by Joe Hill, we discovered that we did not have enough snakeskins for the last few extras we make for private distribution. So we decided to do something fun and bind these copies in a unique red colored version of the skin! There are only four of these red copies in existence, three of which will remain in-house and this one copy is being offered up as the prize for this contest.

Every pre-order we receive for Ania Ahlborn’s novel Brother will be entered into a drawing, and one of those will be selected at random to win the red Horns! There is one entry per copy ordered, and there is no limit per household so the more copies you order, the greater your chance of winning. Order must be received no later than August 31, 2019 to be eligible.

Gold and Bronze Lifetime Subscribers automatically receive ONE entry into the contest.”

Joe315
08-10-2019, 11:50 AM
Here’s the picture of the red spined Horns:

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/HORNS_RED_SPINE-1.jpg

Garrell
08-10-2019, 11:55 AM
Here’s the picture of the red spined Horns:

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/HORNS_RED_SPINE-1.jpg

Quit showing pics of my book:ft:

lotuz
08-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Thanks guys - I missed that!

I have my chance, but I’ll probably just have to make Ari an offer when he wins :lol::cry:

Cook
08-10-2019, 12:25 PM

Ditto with the the above, only kindle edition instead of P-back.

MikeDuke
08-10-2019, 03:12 PM
Ordered mine as soon as the link went live. Looks like a very interesting book. I think the numbered looks awesome. I am intrigued to getting around to this one.

Dr. Dawg
08-10-2019, 03:15 PM
... that red spine, though... itching to get my hands on Horns in the next week or two!

zelig
08-10-2019, 04:14 PM
I've finally been able to sit down and catch up on the thread. Announcement days are always hectic. Anyway, thanks for everything and I'm pleased you like the new book announcement. So many positive comments across the windy plains. Ania wrote such a wonderful post (https://www.aniaahlborn.com/post/suntup-press-turns-brother-into-a-masterpiece) about it too.

###

I also appreciate time to figure out finances, but that won't happen.

There should be no concerns about having time to think it over or plan finances. The increased print run means it won't sell out "instantly". So you have some time.

It's okay. I mean, sure I would prefer that someone who buys my books does actually take the time to open the box and appreciate them, considering the immense effort that went into making them. But I also know the realities of collecting, and I set my expectations in line with that.

Late to the party as I just now had time to sit down and watch the live feed. Paul, your enthusiasm for what you do is amazing and we're so lucky to be able to share that with you. As collectors, I believe we truly are living in a once in a lifetime experience with your press that may never be duplicated. That Lettered edition of Horns is a beast and a holy grail for any crazed Hill fan. Your work and name will live on for centuries, my friend.

Thanks Brian... Lofty words, but I do appreciate it. Before I started that video I said to myself, just go through everything slowly and calmly. Don't get too hyped, etc. But the thing is, I just can'd do it. Once I get started talking about the books, and all the things involved with publishing, well then something else takes over and the result is what you see.. This 'crazed' dude getting all excited about making books.

Also appreciate the payment plan option, Paul, but- jeez- over $30 to ship this thing? I may be close to only 30 miles away from you!

That doesn't seem right. You're up the freeway from me... I'll look into it and issue you a partial refund if there was a glitch.

BTW the lettered endpapers look similar to the paperback cover illustration - was that intentional, Paul?

No wasn't intentional. I didn't notice a similarity with that. Was just going through endsheet options, and came across that one which I thought was perfect.

Br!an
08-10-2019, 04:22 PM
Is there a way to watch the Facebook video without Facebook since they won't let me watch it?

Can you put it on your site, Paul? Or YouTube? :evil:

jeffingoff
08-10-2019, 04:33 PM
I just read the post she wrote about her book getting the Suntup treatment and it just adds to the thrill of this edition. It obviously means a lot to her that her novel to be among such fantastic books. It's a joy all the way around. As it should be. And it's all part of the Suntup energy. It's just such a thrill watch to watch this press roll on. Way to go, Paul!

zelig
08-10-2019, 04:48 PM
Is there a way to watch the Facebook video without Facebook since they won't let me watch it?

Can you put it on your site, Paul? Or YouTube? :evil:

There shouldn't be any reason why you can't watch it. I just opened the link in a different browser where I was not logged into FB, and it worked. Try this:

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/2648483231828714/ (https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/2648483231828714/)

I just read the post she wrote about her book getting the Suntup treatment and it just adds to the thrill of this edition. It obviously means a lot to her that her novel to be among such fantastic books. It's a joy all the way around. As it should be. And it's all part of the Suntup energy. It's just such a thrill watch to watch this press roll on. Way to go, Paul!

Her post meant so much to me because of the positive impact this project seems to have had on her. Never expected that.

Ari_Racing
08-10-2019, 04:51 PM
Congrats, Paul! It looks ASTONISHING, and while I decided not to collect other authors' signed limited editions I'm seriously considering buying it. It looks SO NICE!

jeffingoff
08-10-2019, 04:53 PM
Her post meant so much to me because of the positive impact this project seems to have had on her. Never expected that.

Glad you could make sense of my barely-english post. Hahahaha