PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

firemonkey66
03-29-2019, 02:53 PM
Hey Paul or Becca, did you guys try to get McCarthy to sign the edition? If so, what did he say (in addition to the obvious no)? Like did he reference his son or express any regret or anything? Just curious:)

Yes we did ask for his signature but even though McCarthy approved of our edition, he did not want to sign and we had to respect his wishes. There was no further information provided, however it makes sense knowing what we know about the personal nature of the story and the signed copies for his son. For Paul, even though he would have liked for it to be signed, he felt so strongly about the novel and that it really deserved a special limited edition treatment.

Ahhhh, I see. I was hoping there was like an epic exchange between you guys that we could add to the Cormac McCarthy The Road lore:)

MikeDuke
03-29-2019, 04:15 PM
Doubtful, but I'm really hoping to be able to swing a lettered this time.
That would be great Brian. If there are any left, I wish you good luck.

zelig
03-29-2019, 04:22 PM
Hey Paul or Becca, did you guys try to get McCarthy to sign the edition? If so, what did he say (in addition to the obvious no)? Like did he reference his son or express any regret or anything? Just curious:)

Yes we did ask for his signature but even though McCarthy approved of our edition, he did not want to sign and we had to respect his wishes. There was no further information provided, however it makes sense knowing what we know about the personal nature of the story and the signed copies for his son. For Paul, even though he would have liked for it to be signed, he felt so strongly about the novel and that it really deserved a special limited edition treatment.

Ahhhh, I see. I was hoping there was like an epic exchange between you guys that we could add to the Cormac McCarthy The Road lore:)

Thanks for the good words All...

There was some back and forth discussion on the signature, but nothing epic... Once the man had spoken, well the man had spoken. So we leave it at that.

I cannot speak highly enough of this novel. It's really a work of art, a masterpiece, and was absolutely primed for limited edition treatment regardless of whether it is signed or not. The closing paragraph has some of the most beautifully written lines of poetry I have ever read, and I have read a lot of poetry. The man is an absolute treasure, and I feel truly blessed to be publishing an edition of this work. As with all the books, I am totally immersed in the production, and it will be handled with the reverence it deserves.

Actually now that I'm talking about it, we are already quite far along in the production of this one. Signature sheets are signed, the book is proofed, and I'd say we're about halfway through to completion. Joyce Carol Oates was another major addition to this one, and she was delighted to be involved. We have a couple more books in front of this, but we are already ahead of the curve.

Okay, now it's time for me to stop rambling. Private links will go out as soon as possible. Hopefully starting this weekend.

MikeDuke
03-29-2019, 04:46 PM
Your books Paul are really an ode to the author. The care and imagination you put into these books is so impressive. I mean, the way you incorporate elements of the story into the design of the book is fantastic. You and your team are really good in that matter. I am anxious to get this, plus the other ones this summer. And who knows, that may not be all for the year. It does not bother me if he is a private man and does not want ti signed. I am not buying it because it's signed. I am buying it because I can tell that you really work hard at making the best books you can.

WeDealInLead
03-29-2019, 04:53 PM
Any chance there's going to be a "gift" edition? Thanks.

zelig
03-29-2019, 05:31 PM
Your books Paul are really an ode to the author. The care and imagination you put into these books is so impressive. I mean, the way you incorporate elements of the story into the design of the book is fantastic. You and your team are really good in that matter. I am anxious to get this, plus the other ones this summer. And who knows, that may not be all for the year. It does not bother me if he is a private man and does not want ti signed. I am not buying it because it's signed. I am buying it because I can tell that you really work hard at making the best books you can.

Mike, thanks.

Any chance there's going to be a "gift" edition? Thanks.

No, there won't be a GE on this one.

peripheral
03-29-2019, 09:24 PM
The production quality of the books look incredible from the mock ups....

playdohman
03-30-2019, 09:06 AM
I was reading the Suntup page for The Road and saw that this edition is not available for sale in the British Commonwealth. Why is that?

Randall Flagg
03-30-2019, 09:40 AM
I was reading the Suntup page for The Road and saw that this edition is not available for sale in the British Commonwealth. Why is that?
Because the Brits can't get their shit together on Brexit. :P

ICry4Oy
03-30-2019, 09:48 AM
Full disclosure.....I'd never heard of McCarthy or "The Road" until I read it here after Paul's teaser video. Having said that, I can't wait to read it. The Suntup production looks great and for a Suntup edition, the price is fantastic!

Cook
03-30-2019, 10:10 AM
Then you should watch: No Country for old men, the Councillor, & the Road.
That'll give you a pretty good feel for McCarthy.
(obviously after you read them 1st :))

Full disclosure.....I'd never heard of McCarthy or "The Road" until I read it here after Paul's teaser video. Having said that, I can't wait to read it. The Suntup production looks great and for a Suntup edition, the price is fantastic!

Garrell
03-30-2019, 10:35 AM
No Country is a beastly movie, one of my favorites

Br!an
03-30-2019, 10:49 AM

From the pre-order email...

Please note that our agreement with the trade publisher prevents us from selling the book in British Commonwealth countries.

Joe315
03-30-2019, 10:54 AM
If anyone in the British commonwealth needs help ordering let me know.

HONKYTONKSMASH
03-30-2019, 10:58 AM
If anyone missed on Rosemarys and wants in (also have Horns)..shoot me a msg:thumbsup:

playdohman
03-30-2019, 11:33 AM

From the pre-order email...

Please note that our agreement with the trade publisher prevents us from selling the book in British Commonwealth countries.

Thanks! I have not seen the pre-order email yet.

Brian861
03-30-2019, 11:44 AM
Then you should watch: No Country for old men, the Councillor, & the Road.
That'll give you a pretty good feel for McCarthy.
(obviously after you read them 1st :))

I didn't care for the movie of The Road. Haven't read the book either but might end up listening to it if it's on Audible. Love the movie No Country For Old Men.

Received my pre-order email this morning.

zelig
03-30-2019, 12:00 PM
All private pre-order emails have been sent. If you bought RB lettered and/or limited and have not received an e-mail please submit the contact form on the Suntup site. Please check spam first. Thanks!

peripheral
03-30-2019, 12:49 PM
British Commonwealth - that includes Australia, NZ, and Canada?

ur2ndbiggestfan
03-30-2019, 01:00 PM
I apologize for this picture, but I'm slightly bored today, although happy after securing a copy of THE ROAD.
Why can't we all do it in the road after singing Roadhouse Blues while on our way to Perdition, avoiding all roadwork, stopping briefly at the roadhouse before we burn?

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/roads.JPG

Hunchback Jack
03-30-2019, 01:23 PM
:D Awesome, Steve! And Road House is a fun schlocky movie.

MikeDuke
03-30-2019, 02:13 PM
Ordered and can not wait.

zelig
03-30-2019, 02:27 PM

There’s a list of countries here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_Commonwealth_of_Nations

Edit: Even though Canada is listed there, we are permitted to sell in Canada.

peripheral
03-30-2019, 02:53 PM

There’s a list of countries here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_Commonwealth_of_Nations

Edit: Even though Canada is listed there, we are permitted to sell in Canada.

And yet another way in which the Royals roger us...:emot-flame:

jeffingoff
03-30-2019, 05:25 PM
I hope to whatever book collecting god is out there that I can find forgiveness for passing on the numbered RB so that I'll be able get The ROAD when it goes to the public presale.

**edit** AMEN

lotuz
03-30-2019, 06:07 PM
And yet another way in which the Royals roger us...:emot-flame:

:emot-roflolmao:

i have never heard this slang before and it has me on the floor :wtf:

MikeDuke
03-30-2019, 06:51 PM
I hope to whatever book collecting god is out there that I can find forgiveness for passing on the numbered RB so that I'll be able get The ROAD when it goes to the public presale.

**edit** AMEN
Hey Jeff. I wish you luck. Probably a few people did pass so there may be a chance

jeffingoff
03-30-2019, 07:06 PM

**edit** AMEN
Hey Jeff. I wish you luck. Probably a few people did pass so there may be a chance

Thank you Mike! I appreciate the well wishes.

Brian861
03-31-2019, 09:38 AM

**edit** AMEN

Chin up, brother. You've got this! :)

You can have Ron's copy. But then again, has Ron ever ordered a Suntup book :orely:

RC65
03-31-2019, 01:44 PM

**edit** AMEN

You can have Ron's copy. But then again, has Ron ever ordered a Suntup book :orely:

You bet — I have a copy of MISERY and love that I do. :-)

If I hadn’t already had a S/L of HORNS (PS) and a signed ROSEMARY’S BABY (Easton), I would’ve been all over those, too.

Brian861
03-31-2019, 04:00 PM

**edit** AMEN

You bet — I have a copy of MISERY and love that I do. :-)

If I hadn’t already had a S/L of HORNS (PS) and a signed ROSEMARY’S BABY (Easton), I would’ve been all over those, too.

Lucky dog. On the King track.

jeffingoff
04-01-2019, 05:00 AM
I have no idea how to write this post. I've been thinking about all the things I want to say and none of them are sufficient. No words I have are enough. Nothing I can cobble together from my hyperactive scattered thoughts can come close to expressing my amazement, my gratitude, and my absolute euphoria at what I learned yesterday. Someone worked with Paul to ensure that I would have my number of Rosemary's Baby at a time when buying the book for myself was an impossibility. I absolutely hated passing on that book and apparently I let everyone on these message boards know and I never imagined the level of generosity out there in this collecting community.

I don't know who i have to thank. But whoever that person is or who those people are, just know this: I simply cannot thank you enough. There's no way. This act means the world to me especially during the incredibly dark year I've been living. Words are just not sufficient.

I will try to balance out the universe somehow. I'll try to "pay it forward" as the disgraced actor's movie once commanded. I know I'll be reading this post back again and again hating that I couldn't pack this massive swirl of emotion into the two short simple monosyllabic words, the only words I can catch in my scrambling brain, the only words that will have to do until my actions can say the rest: THANK YOU.

webstar1000
04-01-2019, 05:03 AM
I have no idea how to write this post. I've been thinking about all the things I want to say and none of them are sufficient. No words I have are enough. Nothing I can cobble together from my hyperactive scattered thoughts can come close to expressing my amazement, my gratitude, and my absolute euphoria at what I learned yesterday. Someone worked with Paul to ensure that I would have my number of Rosemary's Baby at a time when buying the book for myself was an impossibility. I absolutely hated passing on that book and apparently I let everyone on these message boards know and I never imagined the level of generosity out there in this collecting community.

I don't know who i have to thank. But whoever that person is or who those people are, just know this: I simply cannot thank you enough. There's no way. This act means the world to me especially during the incredibly dark year I've been living. Words are just not sufficient.

I will try to balance out the universe somehow. I'll try to "pay it forward" as the disgraced actor's movie once commanded. I know I'll be reading this post back again and again hating that I couldn't pack this massive swirl of emotion into the two short simple monosyllabic words, the only words I can catch in my scrambling brain, the only words that will have to do until my actions can say the rest: THANK YOU.

CONGRATS BROTHER!

MikeDuke
04-01-2019, 05:05 AM
That's great Jeff. Glad things seemed to have worked out of you.

vincent
04-01-2019, 05:08 AM
Congrats Jeff!!

Brian861
04-01-2019, 09:15 AM
Well deserved, Jeff! So happy for you, brother!

Munnecom
04-01-2019, 09:50 AM
Congrats Jeff. I don’t know you at all, but you have been so vocal about regretting missing out on Rosemary’s Baby and hoping to snag a copy of The Road once the public pre-order begins that I would have been rooting for you on the 13th.

I guess I can stop now. :clap:

Brian861
04-01-2019, 09:55 AM
Wanted to publicly thank Paul for the being the guy that he is. Makes owning his books all that more special.

jeffingoff
04-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Thank you all. And yes, all the congrats and thanks should go to Paul and anyone who made this happen! This story is something we can all share as an example of this fantastic community. I know I'm humbled and blown away by it.

jeffingoff
04-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Congrats Jeff. I don’t know you at all, but you have been so vocal about regretting missing out on Rosemary’s Baby and hoping to snag a copy of The Road once the public pre-order begins that I would have been rooting for you on the 13th.

Thanks for the congrats! I must have been broadcasting my wailing awfully loud, LOL. Though I feel ridiculous for being so vocal. Sorry for airing it out, everyone. But I've never been one to not share every last thought that pops into my brain.

webstar1000
04-01-2019, 10:45 AM

Thanks for the congrats! I must have been broadcasting my wailing awfully loud, LOL. Though I feel ridiculous for being so vocal. Sorry for airing it out, everyone. But I've never been one to not share every last thought that pops into my brain.

People need your unboxing videos. That’s why brother. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsweet
04-01-2019, 10:52 AM
Congrats

firemonkey66
04-01-2019, 12:31 PM
Ordered my lettered and numbered:) can’t wait to see that Coptic binding in person!

MikeDuke
04-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Ordered my lettered and numbered:) can’t wait to see that Coptic binding in person!
Yes, for all the people that got the lettered, I think some very detailed pics of the binding are in order. I have never seen a book like that before.
And by the way, congrats on getting both.

hellantoys
04-01-2019, 03:00 PM

I have created an account, just to tell you:
Congrats Jeff!!
We need your unboxing videos, that's the reason brother. :)

webstar1000
04-01-2019, 03:00 PM

Congrats Jeff!!

I knew it! Awesomeness!

Brian861
04-01-2019, 03:23 PM

Couldn't agree more, Kris. The books gods have smiled down upon Jeff for sure!

zelig
04-01-2019, 03:29 PM

That and his spiffy jackets. Jeff you better look out buddy, I'm gonna be stepping up my game on the next video I do... :evil:

jeffingoff
04-01-2019, 04:36 PM

Congrats Jeff!!

Wow, that's a fantastic compliment! Thank you. And I'm thrilled to bring more people to this Forum. I'll happily do more unboxing videos. I should have another one up this week. And soon, I might actually be back in my home and ready to show off my reclaimed shelves.

jeffingoff
04-01-2019, 04:37 PM

That and his spiffy jackets. Jeff you better look out buddy, I'm gonna be stepping up my game on the next video I do... :evil:

Hahahaha your videos already outclass mine. Like everyone else here, I'm waiting for the Suntup movie.

jeffingoff
04-01-2019, 04:41 PM

Thank you! I'll keep them coming for sure. It's a joy for me to have the chance to share my treasures.

MikeDuke
04-03-2019, 11:29 AM
Update on Horns
https://suntup.press/horns-updates/horns-production-update-2/
Can't wait.

Brian861
04-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Update on Horns
Can't wait.

Actually, Mike, Paul decided to combine the projects and the new working title is Rosemary's Baby Hits The Road with His Horns. :belial:

MikeDuke
04-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Update on Horns
Can't wait.

Actually, Mike, Paul decided to combine the projects and the new working title is Rosemary's Baby Hits The Road with His Horns. :belial:
That might actually work :cool:

MikeDuke
04-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Updated look for the numbered Horns posted on the site. Just in case anyone was curious.

Joe315
04-05-2019, 10:02 AM
Updated look for the numbered Horns posted on the site. Just in case anyone was curious.

Looks good. I like the darker material.

Munnecom
04-05-2019, 10:58 AM
I agree, looks great!

Why did you get rid of half the pitchfork, Paul? Was it too fragile or something?

jeffingoff
04-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Looks awesome! I can't wait to feel that snakeskin!

I keep checking to see the Rosemary's Baby AGE cover reveal.

Joe315
04-05-2019, 01:38 PM
I agree, looks great!

Why did you get rid of half the pitchfork, Paul? Was it too fragile or something?

My guess, as with centipede press’ Anubis Gates, is that it was too hard getting the two halves to lineup properly.

Dr. Dawg
04-05-2019, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the head's up. I love it, can't wait!

jsmcmullen92
04-05-2019, 04:32 PM
Where? I can't seem to find it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

firemonkey66
04-05-2019, 05:33 PM

The pictures have been updated in the product posting. From the home screen just click on Horns and scroll down to the pics of the numbered edition.

jsmcmullen92
04-05-2019, 05:41 PM

The pictures have been updated in the product posting. From the home screen just click on Horns and scroll down to the pics of the numbered edition.Oh guess I didn't realize it is different than what it always was but my brain is fuzzy that far back

Dr. Dawg
04-05-2019, 06:10 PM
You can see the original mock up here: https://suntup.press/media/ Just click on the Horns link.

zelig
04-05-2019, 07:14 PM
I agree, looks great!

My guess, as with centipede press’ Anubis Gates, is that it was too hard getting the two halves to lineup properly.

It may have been an issue, but we didn't really get that far to test it. The change came more out of some refinements I made to the inner box covering material, and subsequently the pitchfork composition. We just felt this was a sturdier construction, and more striking with the Japanese metallic paper. The slightly modified design was also less complex to implement.

TnTzDad
04-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Without going into all the details, I want to say that Mr. Suntup is a class act! Thank you, Paul!

jeffingoff
04-07-2019, 04:14 AM
Without going into all the details, I want to say that Mr. Suntup is a class act! Thank you, Paul!

No doubt about it.

wizardsrainbow
04-09-2019, 06:31 PM
Gold Standard here! The best of the best.

MikeDuke
04-10-2019, 04:38 PM
I want to publicly apologize for my last email. You know what part. Thanks for your understanding Paul. I admit that I am a person who says stuff too fast.
Sorry.

ICry4Oy
04-11-2019, 08:58 AM
I want to publicly apologize for my last email. You know what part. Thanks for your understanding Paul. I admit that I am a person who says stuff too fast.
Sorry.

:sharepopcorn:

Munnecom
04-12-2019, 11:18 PM
Happy pre-order day! Is anyone lining up to get a copy?

Brian861
04-12-2019, 11:19 PM
The deed is done. Good luck to those waiting for the window to open. Hoping for a record sellout for ya, Paul!

Phalucha
04-13-2019, 05:09 AM
The Road is such an amazing novel. I had to have and thanks to a member here I was able to acquire Rosemary’s Baby, order The Road and acquire rights going forward. Very happy!

jeffingoff
04-13-2019, 05:11 AM
The Road is such an amazing novel. I had to have and thanks to a member here I was able to acquire Rosemary’s Baby, order The Road and acquire rights going forward. Very happy!

Congrats! Some WONDERFUL people here!

Brian861
04-13-2019, 08:58 AM

That's awesome, Paul!

George at C-Springs
04-13-2019, 08:58 AM
Just woke up, checked for release email (nuthin'), made breakfast for the kids, checked again (nuthin'), then on a hunch went to Paul's site and took a look .... ordering for The Road is LIVE right now folks! Unfortunately (but not unsurprisingly) the Lettered is sold out, but the Limited is available.

Get it while you can!

Hunchback Jack
04-13-2019, 09:16 AM
I tried for a lettered but I think my browser had cached the ordering page, and it kept asking me for the pre-public order password. By the time I thought to do a hard refresh of the page, it was sold out.

Congrats to anyone here who snagged one!

lotuz
04-13-2019, 10:02 AM
Do you remember what time you finally got through? I'm interested in how long the sell-out took.

I'm sure there were only a bare handful of unclaimed ones - if you've been on the lettered track a Cormac McCarthy book that's $1k cheaper than the average Suntup lettered would be a silly place to drop out!

Hunchback Jack
04-13-2019, 10:31 AM
The site went live at 8:59+ by my phone. It would have been 20-30 seconds later at most when they were sold out.

webstar1000
04-13-2019, 01:24 PM
How many number left guys?

MikeDuke
04-13-2019, 01:27 PM
How many number left guys?

I think 33 Kris.

zelig
04-13-2019, 07:52 PM
There was one lettered available for the public pre-order and it went in a few seconds. Someone was really fast. Thanks to those members who purchased a copy of The Road. I appreciate you.

In other news, the Limited and Lettered Horns are now printed and will be going to the binders next.

MikeDuke
04-13-2019, 08:23 PM
Wow only one left during the preorder, somebody was really Jonny on the spot with that one. And good news on Horns. But congrats on another wonderful release.

Brian861
04-14-2019, 12:59 AM
There was one lettered available for the public pre-order and it went in a few seconds. Someone was really fast. Thanks to those members who purchased a copy of The Road. I appreciate you.

In other news, the Limited and Lettered Horns are now printed and will be going to the binders next.

That's great news about Horns! And congrats, Paul on another successful project with The Road.

jeffingoff
04-14-2019, 05:39 AM

Fantastic news! It’s going to be an amazing summer and fall.

MikeDuke
04-14-2019, 06:04 AM
Down to 25 left. And as I said before, congrats Paul on another amazing book and I am :excited: to see what's next and down the line. You are on :onfire: my friend.

zelig
04-15-2019, 10:09 AM
750 lbs of printed Horns pages off to the binders.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/IMG_0267.jpg

jeffingoff
04-15-2019, 10:12 AM

My joy is somewhere in there.

Brian861
04-15-2019, 10:15 AM

My joy is somewhere in there.

First thing I thought too, Jeff! Like Paul is sending out our babies to get all dolled up for their homecoming :lovely:

MikeDuke
04-15-2019, 10:27 AM
Seeing pallets like that never gets old :biggrin1:.

ur2ndbiggestfan
04-15-2019, 11:37 AM
That's a Pretty imPressive Packed Pallet of Paper from SuntuP!

Brian861
04-16-2019, 12:10 PM
RB is paid off! Looks like 8 The Roads left.

MikeDuke
04-16-2019, 12:17 PM
RB is paid off! Looks like 8 The Roads left.
That's awesome Brian about RB. I was counting also. I am pretty sure there were 10 this morning.

MikeDuke
04-17-2019, 10:29 AM
Looks like maybe somebody canceled their order? It's now showing 9 left, not 8.

zelig
04-17-2019, 11:42 AM

Wasn’t a cancellation. Was a correction to the remaining inventory. You’re on top of it Mike!

Brian861
04-17-2019, 11:44 AM
Is it wrong of me to say that I'm glad Horns still holds the record for fastest non-King sellout?

MikeDuke
04-17-2019, 12:03 PM

Wasn’t a cancellation. Was a correction to the remaining inventory. You’re on top of it Mike!
OK. If it helps, I am happy.

MikeDuke
04-17-2019, 12:05 PM
Is it wrong of me to say that I'm glad Horns still holds the record for fastest non-King sellout?
No Brian, it is not wrong for you to be glad. Do you remember how long it took as compared to RB?

herbertwest
04-17-2019, 02:21 PM
RB?

MikeDuke
04-17-2019, 02:51 PM
Rosemary's Baby=RB

wolfehr
04-17-2019, 02:52 PM
RB?

Rosemary’s Baby I assume

MikeDuke
04-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Yep. I was feeling lazy and did not feeling like typing out the full name.

Brian861
04-18-2019, 12:45 AM
No Brian, it is not wrong for you to be glad. Do you remember how long it took as compared to RB?

Without researching it, I believe RB sold out in 4 or 5 days? I believe HHH took the longest to sellout thus far. Again, just a guess.

MikeDuke
04-18-2019, 06:40 AM
That sounds about right Brian.

MikeDuke
04-19-2019, 10:34 AM
If I am correct, there are still 8 left. I really figured that at the price it's at, it would be a sell out a lot sooner.

MikeDuke
04-21-2019, 06:42 AM
Down to 6

MikeDuke
04-24-2019, 11:54 AM
3 more to go. With 2 going today.

Ari_Racing
04-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Sorry I didn't comment earlier, but it's no news I'm extremely amazed by The Road editions. I quit collecting other authors than King time ago but every time a new edition is announced I question myself on this. :)

surly
04-24-2019, 01:49 PM
...I quit collecting other authors than King time ago but every time a new edition is announced I question myself on this. :)

Ditto. I think passing up on HORNS is going to be a regret i will never get over.

jeffingoff
04-24-2019, 02:29 PM
...I quit collecting other authors than King time ago but every time a new edition is announced I question myself on this. :)

Ditto. I think passing up on HORNS is going to be a regret i will never get over.

Someone is selling a numbered HORNS on eBay for $800

webstar1000
04-24-2019, 02:49 PM

Thanks Mike. Let us know when sold out!

MikeDuke
04-24-2019, 03:41 PM

Thanks Mike. Let us know when sold out!

You know me Kris. Some people call me obsessed or probably at this point, a Suntup Zombie. I don't care. I like Paul. I love what he is doing. Maybe overnight and into tomorrow
it will sell out. I will check it out when I can. I may not be the first to notice that it's sold out. Just saying if you want it, time is running short.

Randall Flagg
04-24-2019, 03:54 PM
Some people call me obsessed or probably at this point, a Suntup Zombie. I don't care. I like Paul. I love what he is doing. Maybe overnight and into tomorrow
it will sell out. I will check it out when I can. I may not be the first to notice that it's sold out. Just saying if you want it, time is running short.

You are obsessed, and you are a zombie. But your enthusiasm is (certainly by me) appreciated.

MikeDuke
04-24-2019, 04:02 PM
Some people call me obsessed or probably at this point, a Suntup Zombie. I don't care. I like Paul. I love what he is doing. Maybe overnight and into tomorrow

You are obsessed, and you are a zombie. But your enthusiasm is (certainly by me) appreciated.
Well, obsession and zombies are some of King's themes, so, I think I am in good company. And thanks for the enthusiasm prop. It's most appreciated.

Brian861
04-24-2019, 10:11 PM

Couldn't agree more.

I believe this one has taken the longest to sellout. Rapidly approaching two weeks since it went live to the public. Not sure if you track that, Mike.

MikeDuke
04-25-2019, 04:58 AM
2 more. No I don't track length of time, just how many are left. That's right people just 2 more to go. I don't know why this has taken so long though. It's one of the more affordable ones to get.

zelig
04-25-2019, 07:43 AM
I have a few cents jingling around in my pocket so I thought I might offer them up here. Two cents to be exact.

I’m speaking more in general terms, but when a publisher offers up a book for pre-order, if it doesn’t sell out within minutes or even days, it can be perceived as taking a long time to sell out.

From a publishing standpoint, if you have a total sell through pre-publication, whether that is within days or months, in my mind you have a tremendous success on your hands. I have that opinion about any publisher.

I think we have been wired to expect a certain reality of collapsed timeframes, where anything beyond a few hours might be considered slow. A few days, that’s a long time. Weeks, well that’s almost an eternity; months, forget it. All of this comes out of the mad love we have for our books, for the authors, and for the pleasure we derive from collecting. And this is all a good thing. Feeling the joy we do from a book, having other people look at us and think we’re nuts.

I actually prefer when one of mine doesn’t sell out within days. What happens is, we get a residual effect following the announcement of a book. Orders trickle in after the initial gusher. And what happens is that we have people coming to the site, maybe discovering the press for the first time, and there’s nothing for them to buy. The last 25 copies of The Road have gone to people who may have missed out if the book sold instantly. There are still people wanting to buy the RB Limited all this time later.

I won’t deny, a complete sell out in minutes or hours is great, but one that takes weeks, we’ll that’s great too.

And Mike buddy, now there’s 1 left! I beat you to it this time. :smile:

MikeDuke
04-25-2019, 08:02 AM
Dammit Paul, I was doing real work and I missed it. Sorry everybody :(. But what you say is pretty cool Paul. It really doesn't matter how long it takes. We all expect books to sell out quick. And I think it's a good thing if there is not a complete sell out from the jump. Like you say, it gives other people a chance to get in at a later date. Some books will probably sell out quicker. But it really doesn't matter. I just like keeping track because it gives me something to do.
Only one more left people. You will have that ahhhhhhh feeling when you buy it. Trust me.
Just a P.S Paul. For this one you said limit 2 per house hold. Were there other books like that or was it always one per house hold and this one you changed.

St. Troy
04-25-2019, 08:11 AM
...we have people coming to the site, maybe discovering the press for the first time, and there’s nothing for them to buy. The last 25 copies of The Road have gone to people who may have missed out if the book sold instantly. There are still people wanting to buy the RB Limited all this time later.

I'm glad to hear Suntup is still pulling in more/new attention (you've earned it).

Brian James Freeman
04-25-2019, 08:11 AM
I actually prefer when one of mine doesn’t sell out within days. What happens is, we get a residual effect following the announcement of a book. Orders trickle in after the initial gusher. And what happens is that we have people coming to the site, maybe discovering the press for the first time, and there’s nothing for them to buy. The last 25 copies of The Road have gone to people who may have missed out if the book sold instantly. There are still people wanting to buy the RB Limited all this time later.

I won’t deny, a complete sell out in minutes or hours is great, but one that takes weeks, we’ll that’s great too.

I don't post in other publisher's threads much because I don't want to step on their toes, but I did just want to echo the above. It's certainly FUN when a book sells out so fast you forget to have lunch, but it's actually better for all the reasons mentioned above when a book takes a certain amount of time to sell. :thumbsup:

Brian

MikeDuke
04-25-2019, 08:34 AM
"Feeling the joy we do from a book, having other people look at us and think we’re nuts. "
I can personally vouch for that.

St. Troy
04-25-2019, 08:35 AM
"Feeling the joy we do from a book, having other people look at us and think we’re nuts. "
I can personally vouch for that.

+1

Brian861
04-25-2019, 08:41 AM
As a friend pointed out to me when we were discussing that copies were still available after a week; he's opinion was that there are a lot of signature hunters out there and not having the sig turned some folks off. I find that especially disheartening with this book considering the history of it not being signed for very personal reasons on the author's part. Paul and I have discussed that topic as well and it doesn't seem to hurt the value of the books on the aftermarket. And they do all sellout eventually.

So I'm gonna :deadhorse: as a Hill fan. Considering all the flack that Hill gets for signing everything, his book sold out the quickest of the non-Kings :orely: :P Small victory for the huge fan that I am and the reason I keep an unofficial watch on the sellouts. Plus, it's the only one, thus far, actually signed by the author :)

Or Paul is watering down the Kool-Aid.......

webstar1000
04-25-2019, 08:45 AM
As a friend pointed out to me when we were discussing that copies were still available after a week; he's opinion was that there are a lot of signature hunters out there and not having the sig turned some folks off. I find that especially disheartening with this book considering the history of it not being signed for very personal reasons on the author's part. Paul and I have discussed that topic as well and it doesn't seem to hurt the value of the books on the aftermarket. And they do all sellout eventually.

So I'm gonna :deadhorse: as a Hill fan. Considering all the flack that Hill gets for signing everything, his book sold out the quickest of the non-Kings :orely: :P Small victory for the huge fan that I am and the reason I keep an unofficial watch on the sellouts. Plus, it's the only one, thus far, actually signed by the author :)

I’m surprised that Horns sold out the fastest. I would have bet on The Road. Maybe the signature did help? Not sure... I don’t care as much about the signature as I do the art of the book. Which these are... pieces of art.

Brian861
04-25-2019, 08:54 AM

I’m surprised that Horns sold out the fastest. I would have bet on The Road. Maybe the signature did help? Not sure... I don’t care as much about the signature as I do the art of the book. Which these are... pieces of art.

Completely agree, Kris.

MikeDuke
04-25-2019, 08:59 AM

Completely agree, Kris.
And I agree with both of you two.

Munnecom
04-25-2019, 09:05 AM
And what happens is that we have people coming to the site, maybe discovering the press for the first time, and there’s nothing for them to buy.

Being relatively late to join the collecting party, this rings very true. Most of what I own from CD, CP, SP and a few other small presses had to come from the secondary market. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but my heart sinks sometimes when I visit a publisher's website and see "original retail price: one-fourth of what Mr Late-to-the-Party has to pay on eBay once the book is out."

In Suntup's case, I was able to get on the train from the start and there's a unique thrill in pre-ordering something and then spending months eagerly reading every new email titled "Production Update," safe in the knowledge that it'll be in my greasy hands before long.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy all those glimpses into a publisher's mind that you offer, Paul. If you ever do a Suntup Editions S/L of your memoirs as a small-press owner, I'm in! :wink:

Rant over!

St. Troy
04-25-2019, 09:34 AM
Re: signatures:

They're always a plus, and to some a necessity, but since Paul does not shy away from producing editions of classic works from deceased writers, signature-less books are going to be an ongoing part of his business. Given all the great work out there by deceased authors, this clearly is a good thing; I wouldn't want Suntup (or any publisher) to shy away from producing the likes of the awesome escutcheon-bearing The Haunting Of Hill House simply because a signature couldn't be had.

Jason Sechrest
04-25-2019, 09:42 AM

They're always a plus, and to some a necessity, but since Paul does not shy away from producing editions of classic works from deceased writers, signature-less books are going to be an ongoing part of his business. Given all the great work out there by deceased authors, this clearly is a good thing; I wouldn't want Suntup (or any publisher) to shy away from producing the likes of the awesome escutcheon-bearing The Haunting Of Hill House simply because a signature couldn't be had.

Amen to that!

MikeDuke
04-25-2019, 09:43 AM
And what happens is that we have people coming to the site, maybe discovering the press for the first time, and there’s nothing for them to buy.

Being relatively late to join the collecting party, this rings very true. Most of what I own from CD, CP, SP and a few other small presses had to come from the secondary market. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but my heart sinks sometimes when I visit a publisher's website and see "original retail price: one-fourth of what Mr Late-to-the-Party has to pay on eBay once the book is out."

Rant over!
This I also agree with. Paul's limited books are the only ones I have bought when they came out. I was late to the party for everything else and feel the pang of regret that I missed it and have to pay more then the retail price. If I can do it, I do it. If I can't, oh well.

Brian861
04-25-2019, 10:50 AM

Amen to that!

Yes, Sir!

jeffingoff
04-25-2019, 01:10 PM
I agree with everything said here.

Especially with Paul’s point of how our passion for these works flavor our perception of how fast it should sell out.

jeffingoff
04-25-2019, 01:22 PM

In Suntup's case, I was able to get on the train from the start and there's a unique thrill in pre-ordering something and then spending months eagerly reading every new email titled "Production Update," safe in the knowledge that it'll be in my greasy hands before long.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy all those glimpses into a publisher's mind that you offer, Paul. If you ever do a Suntup Editions S/L of your memoirs as a small-press owner, I'm in! :wink:

Rant over!

YES to all of this! I was lucky enough to get a gift edition of IT from CD before that sold out and I've been paying attention since then. BUT all the stuff I missed out on! Those are the ones that haunt me. So it is super thrilling to be here for Suntup--especially since Paul is producing editions of works that are precisely the novels I would want to collect. I almost lost my mind when he announced The Road. That book is perfection and I can't think of a more fitting book for the Suntup treatment. It's almost ludicrous how perfect this book is for me.

jeffingoff
04-25-2019, 01:23 PM

+1

MikeDuke
04-25-2019, 03:05 PM
OUT OF PRINT. Paul, on this page it does not say out of print https://suntup.press/the-road. But when you click the order now button the next page says out of print. You might have to set that other button to out of print.

Randall Flagg
04-25-2019, 03:24 PM
OUT OF PRINT. Paul, on this page it does not say out of print https://suntup.press/the-road. But when you click the order now button the next page says out of print. You might have to set that other button to out of print.
Relax. Paul will get to it.

Munnecom
04-25-2019, 08:50 PM
Congratulations, Paul!

Brian861
04-26-2019, 12:30 AM
Congrats on another sellout, Paul!

Priest
04-27-2019, 08:41 AM
If someone has a copy of HHH, that might be available for “relocation” you could send me a PM ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

zelig
04-27-2019, 12:39 PM
Congratulations, Paul!

Congrats on another sellout, Paul!

Thanks guys.

herbertwest
04-28-2019, 08:19 AM
Here is an interview I did a little while ago with Paul Suntup :)

https://club-stephenking.fr/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/paul-suntup-editions-suntup.jpg

> https://club-stephenking.fr/interview-editions-suntup#english

jeffingoff
04-28-2019, 08:42 AM

https://club-stephenking.fr/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/paul-suntup-editions-suntup.jpg

Great interview! Thanks for sharing it here. One question I thought up reading it and I would love to ask:

Has there been one that has gotten away? A book that you’ve gone after but couldn’t secure for whatever reason?

Brian861
04-28-2019, 09:03 AM
Nice interview, Jeremy! Excited to see what those other contracts turn out to be!

jeffingoff
04-28-2019, 09:05 AM
Nice interview, Jeremy! Excited to see what those other contracts turn out to be!

Definitely!!

zelig
04-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Great interview! Thanks for sharing it here. One question I thought up reading it and I would love to ask:

Has there been one that has gotten away? A book that you’ve gone after but couldn’t secure for whatever reason?

Nice, I started out the day in a great mood and then you ask me that!? Just kidding... But yes, absolutely there have been several that got away! Well, I guess I never had them to begin with, so they couldn't really 'get away.' It's just the nature of this business. Authors and/or publishers have their reasons for not wanting to license rights for a limited edition. Lots of factors come into play. I may go after a book that is already under contract, so rights simply aren't available. I may even back off on a book if I know another publisher will be releasing an edition of it. Then there's the cold, hard NO. Those are a bummer, because in my opinion, it's the fans and collectors who are missing out. But it doesn't get me down. There is an abundance of novels out there to pursue. You get a No, you say Next.

Brian861
04-28-2019, 09:41 AM
Their loss and ours for sure.

herbertwest
04-28-2019, 10:15 AM

Very interesting question !

Munnecom
04-28-2019, 10:59 AM

Nice, I started out the day in a great mood and then you ask me that!? Just kidding... But yes, absolutely there have been several that got away! Well, I guess I never had them to begin with, so they couldn't really 'get away.' It's just the nature of this business. Authors and/or publishers have their reasons for not wanting to license rights for a limited edition. Lots of factors come into play. I may go after a book that is already under contract, so rights simply aren't available. I may even back off on a book if I know another publisher will be releasing an edition of it. Then there's the cold, hard NO. Those are a bummer, because in my opinion, it's the fans and collectors who are missing out. But it doesn't get me down. There is an abundance of novels out there to pursue. You get a No, you say Next.

Can you give some examples? Besides The Very Hungry Caterpillar, of course.

“On Monday, he ate through one Asbestos Firestarter...”

jeffingoff
04-28-2019, 03:03 PM

AH! I didn't mean to skew your day! I loved the interview and it's so great to get a peek at the process and to know that so much is going on beyond the teasers and announcements. I can only wonder at the contracts you've secured. I'd pay to get that list and see what's in the works. Knowing you, that list would be printed letterpress on some kickass Mohawk paper with a wood engraving. Since you're obviously not going to release that list (and let's be honest, it's much better that you don't so we can be surprised and enthralled) then I was wondering if you'd share the ones who walked away. We could all imagine what could have been together and secretly hate the authors or whoever stopped the magic. And it would give a peripheral look at what books you might be pursuing.

BTW: the best part of the interview for me was how you said your collecting bug switched prey from books to contracts. That says a lot. Again, great interview. I'm a fan for life!

MikeDuke
04-28-2019, 03:49 PM
That was a great and thoughtful interview Paul. You deserve all the great things that come to you in the future. Keep up the great work.

zelig
04-28-2019, 05:20 PM
Thanks, I enjoyed the interview.

Couple questions there to share the titles that were turned down. I'd like to but I can't. Some of those may end up popping. It's happened before.

Hunchback Jack
04-29-2019, 08:19 AM

I can think of a few reasons why the Hill book sold out more quickly:
- I think there are more Hill collectors than McCarthy collectors, generally. While I wouldn't comment on whose work is "better", I think it's fair to say that Hill's work has wider appeal.
- Many King collectors are also Hill collectors, and word of mouth about the Suntup release spread quickly in the King community.
- no signature on the McCarthy volume.

HBJ

MikeDuke
05-01-2019, 10:19 AM
I like the look of the box for the lettered Horns. It does look cool. I am looking forward to the numbered for myself and then what comes after that. It's pretty exciting.

zelig
05-01-2019, 11:20 AM
Here you go. Should anyone have missed it.

The Lettered boxes for Horns arrived today! These wooden “trapdoor” boxes were handmade out of rough-sawn pine and feature a beautiful velvet lined bookbed. The boxes are designed to look “weathered”; from the hardware to the overall look and feel of the wood. Each box is unique in some way, and both sides of the door are laser engraved.

These finished boxes, which will house the Lettered edition of Horns by Joe Hill, have exceeded our expectations, and we eagerly await the completed books from the bookbinder.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/IMG_7059.jpg

jeffingoff
05-01-2019, 11:24 AM
Here you go. Should anyone have missed it.

The Lettered boxes for Horns arrived today! These wooden “trapdoor” boxes were handmade out of rough-sawn pine and feature a beautiful velvet lined bookbed. The boxes are designed to look “weathered”; from the hardware to the overall look and feel of the wood. Each box is unique in some way, and both sides of the door are laser engraved.

These finished boxes, which will house the Lettered edition of Horns by Joe Hill, have exceeded our expectations, and we eagerly await the completed books from the bookbinder.

THAT'S porn right there.

MikeDuke
05-01-2019, 11:26 AM
They do look very cool Paul. Your team really knows how to put the entire package together.

FlyerPhan0826
05-01-2019, 11:28 AM
Wow those look incredible!

Brian James Freeman
05-01-2019, 11:44 AM

Just stunning!

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-01-2019, 12:10 PM
I am both glad and sad and mad.
Glad because I like those pictures,
Sad because I wasn't there at the start and will never have a Suntup lettered book,
Mad for the same reason I'm sad, and also because I don't have enough money anyway.

However, I was innocently standing on a street corner the other day and received a couple of propositions, but I'm not really into that kinky stuff, although, for a chance at a Suntup lettered, certain sacrifices could be made. I'll look for a pair of Kinky Boots on E-Bay. I am now also bad.

Garrell
05-01-2019, 01:55 PM
As above, glad and sad

Hunchback Jack
05-01-2019, 03:00 PM
Looks great Paul. This is looking like another amazing Suntup publication.

HBJ

jeffingoff
05-02-2019, 06:51 AM
Between Paul with the lettered tree house tray case and the CD Sleeping Beauties pics, I'm fit to overdose on delicious editions. If Paul reveals the cover for the AGE of Rosemary's Baby, that might be the nudge that sends me over.

Munnecom
05-02-2019, 07:53 AM
...Do it, Paul!

Brian861
05-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Between Paul with the lettered tree house tray case and the CD Sleeping Beauties pics, I'm fit to overdose on delicious editions. If Paul reveals the cover for the AGE of Rosemary's Baby, that might be the nudge that sends me over.

Agreed! Both beautiful products on both accounts.

Munnecom
05-03-2019, 12:49 PM
Hi Paul, I just read your update on RB. Can you disclose why Peele pulled out?

I’m sure having Palahniuk on board will make this book more desirable for many. I’ve never read anything by him, except for a short story about a boy’s unfortunate love affair with a pool cleaning vent.

Joe315
05-03-2019, 12:51 PM

I’m sure having Palahniuk on board will make this book more desirable for many. I’ve never read anything by him, except for a short story about a boy’s unfortunate love affair with a pool cleaning vent.

Palahniuk's early stuff is good. Can’t speak for his last 3ish books as I did not read them.

jeffingoff
05-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Just read the update as well. This is a HUGE upgrade for me. I love Chuck’s work. His latest Adjustment Day is just nuts! Though I am sorry it came about at the expense of Peele’s intro and signature. I’m sure that wasn’t a welcome turn of events for you, Paul.

Br!an
05-03-2019, 01:02 PM
I prefer to have an author involved. It makes more sense to me as a bibliophile.

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-03-2019, 01:30 PM
I'm in the middle of the road on this. I loved GET OUT, so was looking forward to that autograph.
I absolutely despise the movie FIGHT CLUB, and that means nothing because the book and movie are two separate entities, so I can not judge the author, only the movie, since I did not read the book.
But whatever, I'm still looking forward to the production.

jeffingoff
05-03-2019, 01:35 PM
I'm in the middle of the road on this. I loved GET OUT, so was looking forward to that autograph.
I absolutely despise the movie FIGHT CLUB, and that means nothing because the book and movie are two separate entities, so I can not judge the author, only the movie, since I did not read the book.
But whatever, I'm still looking forward to the production.

I never saw GET OUT but Peele won an Oscar for the screenplay so I thought it would be an impressive signature to get. I did plan on seeing his movies. But maybe not after he walked away from Suntup. Depends on why.

I’m already a big fan of Palahniuk.

Hunchback Jack
05-03-2019, 01:38 PM
I'm also happy with the change to Palahniuk (although Peele would have been fine, too). I've only read his Fight Club, but enjoyed it greatly - much more than the movie, fwiw.

HBJ

FlyerPhan0826
05-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Agreed - I also think Fight Club would really benefit from the Suntup treatment :)

jeffingoff
05-03-2019, 03:09 PM
Agreed - I also think Fight Club would really benefit from the Suntup treatment :)

I hope you recommended that book when Paul took his poll. Because I did.

Brian James Freeman
05-03-2019, 03:18 PM

Are you comfortable with the irony of owning a super duper high end deluxe limited edition of that particular book? :panic:

jeffingoff
05-03-2019, 03:20 PM

Are you comfortable with the irony of owning a super duper high end deluxe limited edition of that particular book? :panic:

I understand and embrace the irony!

Br!an
05-03-2019, 03:23 PM

:orely:

jeffingoff
05-03-2019, 03:44 PM

**in a sheepish tone** But yeah, a superfine edition of that book goes against the point of the book. So it's not really honest. But I'm not being honest. I'm being selfish. Maybe a different Palahniuk book? Or AMERICAN PSYCHO? Don't care. whatever Paul does, I'll want and try to buy. Unless it's a Bentley Little book.

Brian James Freeman
05-03-2019, 03:47 PM

Same here. Put me on the waiting list! But we probably shouldn’t talk about it.

MikeDuke
05-03-2019, 04:01 PM
Pretty interesting development. I really liked fight club a lot. In fact, it is probably due for another viewing. I am unfamiliar with him (the author), but I am still very excited to get this book.

zelig
05-03-2019, 04:27 PM

Correct. The first rule of talking about what books we have planned is you don't talk about what books we have planned. BUT, if hypothetically I were to do an edition of Fight Club, I will smack myself in the face sixteen times with each of the Lettered editions, thereby creating a unique one-of-a-kind marbled blood spatter across the covers of every copy. Letter designations will be engraved on 26 of my teeth which will be inset into the back cover. :evil:

zelig
05-03-2019, 04:30 PM

I can't disclose details, but all I can say is, some marriages just weren't made in heaven. I'm very pleased with the outcome though; having Chuck on board. Onward and upward.

jeffingoff
05-03-2019, 04:30 PM

Correct. The first rule of talking about what books we have planned is you don't talk about what books we have planned. BUT, if hypothetically I were to do an edition of Fight Club, I will smack myself in the face sixteen times with each of the Lettered editions, thereby creating a unique one-of-a-kind marbled blood spatter across the covers of every copy. Letter designations will be engraved on 26 of my teeth which will be inset into the back cover. :evil:

That is amazing. I never in a million years would have guessed that this would have been your response. I’m dead over here. Holy shit that’s hilarious. I just thought you’d have soap in a paperweight. Or maybe a credit card made out to Tyler durden with the limitation number on it.

But a Suntup blood splatter with authentic Suntup teeth. Genius!!!

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-03-2019, 04:44 PM
I guess I'm missing the point here, but, even though I joke around a lot (probably too much), I never could get into people beating themselves and others up just for kicks. I disliked (greatly) KICK ASS for that very reason, which I found in extraordinarily bad taste. On the other hand, I love the zombie apocalypse movies. I guess it's simply a matter of upbringing, personal taste or something like that. Again, I did not read the book, but I also really disliked AMERICAN PSYCHO the movie. I found MR. & MRS. SMITH to be of the same ilk, even though two of my favorite movie stars were in it. There is just a line in my (admittedly mixed-up) head that some movies cross and others (even extraordinarily violent ones) do not. I wish I could explain it better, but words fail me.

Anyway, that will not by one whit prevent me from enjoying RB when it arrives on my porch, hopefully minus anyone's blood.

Hunchback Jack
05-03-2019, 05:10 PM
When it comes to Fight Club, I don't think you're necessarily expected to agree with the protagonist's choices.

jeffingoff
05-03-2019, 05:11 PM
When it comes to Fight Club, I don't think you're necessarily expected to agree with the protagonist's choices.

Great point. I’d still rather Paul didn’t knock his teeth out.

becca69
05-03-2019, 05:18 PM
That is amazing. I never in a million years would have guessed that this would have been your response. I’m dead over here. Holy shit that’s hilarious. I just thought you’d have soap in a paperweight. Or maybe a credit card made out to Tyler durden with the limitation number on it.

But a Suntup blood splatter with authentic Suntup teeth. Genius!!!

Never say never. A certain someone has been know to takes suggestions to the extreme :idea:

peripheral
05-03-2019, 05:28 PM
Having Palahniuk involved just elevated this edition, for me. Sometimes the right marriage is the second one :)

MikeDuke
05-03-2019, 07:30 PM
Yea, but what if you do. There was a lot of monologue in there that was spot on IMHO. And I am still looking forward to this book, Regardless who signed it.

herbertwest
05-03-2019, 11:42 PM
**in a sheepish tone** But yeah, a superfine edition of that book goes against the point of the book. So it's not really honest. But I'm not being honest. I'm being selfish. Maybe a different Palahniuk book? Or AMERICAN PSYCHO? Don't care. whatever Paul does, I'll want and try to buy. Unless it's a Bentley Little book.

Wasnt "American Psycho" written by Bret Easton Ellis?

Munnecom
05-04-2019, 02:18 AM
It was. I had a really hard time with that book. The gory bits were what I came for, but all the mundane detail in between nearly turned me off it a dozen times. I’m sure I just missed the point of it all.

The movie made me a fan of Hall & Oates, though...

jeffingoff
05-04-2019, 04:30 AM

Wasnt "American Psycho" written by Bret Easton Ellis?

Yeah it is. But American Psycho is often talked about as ushering in some hyper-masculine fiction which Fight Club is part of.

I’ve never read it. But I recently snagged a copy of Ellis’ book Lunar Park at a thrift shop. I guess that one is being made into a movie as well.

Phalucha
05-04-2019, 04:49 AM
My vote would be for Red Dragon next.

Joe315
05-04-2019, 05:06 AM
It was. I had a really hard time with that book. The gory bits were what I came for, but all the mundane detail in between nearly turned me off it a dozen times. I’m sure I just missed the point of it all.

The movie made me a fan of Hall & Oates, though...

Same here. I quickly skimmed over those parts.

Patrick
05-04-2019, 12:24 PM
As a fan and collector of Chuck Palahniuk’s writing, I am quite pleased that he will be signing a Suntup production. I sincerely hope that there will be another Suntup Edition to feature his autograph and that it will be one of his own stories.

On a side note, for those unfamiliar, Palahniuk gives the best inscriptions. I really respect that. There’s a thread around here dedicated to collecting his stuff.

Merlin1958
05-04-2019, 12:39 PM
I hope I don't get attacked for this, but I have a question that I was hoping you guys could educate me on. A lot of folks frown on artists signing or doing art in editions other than the ones they have worke on in the past. Why is it that the same is not thought of for authors/celebrities doing the same? Maybe it will help me understand the, Peele signature on RB and this current one. Is it because authors routinely trade blurbs and or forewards in each other books? Or is there some other reason? I'm just trying to understand and educate my self not knock on anything being done now or in the past.

Room 217 Caretaker
05-04-2019, 01:26 PM
I hope I don't get attacked for this, but I have a question that I was hoping you guys could educate me on. A lot of folks frown on artists signing or doing art in editions other than the ones they have worke on in the past. Why is it that the same is not thought of for authors/celebrities doing the same? Maybe it will help me understand the, Peele signature on RB and this current one. Is it because authors routinely trade blurbs and or forewards in each other books? Or is there some other reason? I'm just trying to understand and educate my self not knock on anything being done now or in the past.

Excellent question Bill. For me......If an artist did the work on the jacket or in the book, I love to have their work or signature in that book. Same goes for an author doing the story or intro to the book. I welcome that also. However, for me, it's a no go to buy a book where an artist puts in a remarque or drawing and has nothing to do with the book. A good example of this is The Overlook Connection books where Dave has Glenn Chadbourne doing drawings in books that Glenn had nothing to do with. I don't blame Glenn, he's being paid commissions to do this. Believe me, I love Glenn's work, shoot, Glenn was the artist for my published story "Marvin's Retirement". So, again, great question Bill. To each his own. Some like it, some don't. For me.....no.

Mulleins

Merlin1958
05-04-2019, 02:02 PM

Excellent question Bill. For me......If an artist did the work on the jacket or in the book, I love to have their work or signature in that book. Same goes for an author doing the story or intro to the book. I welcome that also. However, for me, it's a no go to buy a book where an artist puts in a remarque or drawing and has nothing to do with the book. A good example of this is The Overlook Connection books where Dave has Glenn Chadbourne doing drawings in books that Glenn had nothing to do with. I don't blame Glenn, he's being paid commissions to do this. Believe me, I love Glenn's work, shoot, Glenn was the artist for my published story "Marvin's Retirement". So, again, great question Bill. To each his own. Some like it, some don't. For me.....no.

Mulleins

Okay, thanks for the response but, with all due respect, you didn't really answer my original question. I understand (though I don't necessarily agree) with collector thinking regarding artists doing work in other folks editions. What I don't quite get is why they generally seem to be alright with authors offering a sig on a book they didn't author or (in Peele's case) are even associated with, Again, I'm not offering an opinion one way or the other. I'm just trying to educate myself as to the thinking. I feel like I'm missing something and as a collector with valuable books I want to be as knowledgeable as the next collector when buying or selling books. As I said I understand that authors trade forewards and "Ad blurbs" about each others work I just don't see why a signature in someone else's work is considered valuable while the same doesn't hold true for an artist doing virtually the same thing. Know what I mean?

EDIT: Maybe its just an individual perspective on the subject? To each hi/her own? I mean, for example, I don't hold to the artist to their own previous work perspective. I enjoy and value an artists take on another one's commissioned work. It sort of let's me be the "author" for that particular edition in that I can choose an artists and/or scene that "I" think would have worked better in the end product. I have several editions where an artist has done a scene from a book that another artist was initially commissioned to do the work. It seems that most collectors frown on that. However, they seem very willing to accept and value another authors signature in a book they did not write. I do get them doing Intro's and forewords in each others work. That is universally accepted and not a part of this question. I was just trying to understand what the thinking is here that's all. I'll just leave it be though and chalk it up to personal preferences.

Hunchback Jack
05-04-2019, 03:07 PM
Bill, I believe the original intent was that Peele would also write an intro. Ditto with Chuck Palahniuk now.

Given that the edition is posthumous, having someone well-known give an introduction to the work, explaining the works significance to them and others, and then including their signature in the edition, seems appropriate. Or not odd, at least

Merlin1958
05-04-2019, 10:58 PM
Bill, I believe the original intent was that Peele would also write an intro. Ditto with Chuck Palahniuk now.

Given that the edition is posthumous, having someone well-known give an introduction to the work, explaining the works significance to them and others, and then including their signature in the edition, seems appropriate. Or not odd, at least

Okay, thanks for the response and education. I appreciate it. Can't hurt that, Paul does such an awesome job with each edition as well.

Room 217 Caretaker
05-05-2019, 05:03 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood the question. I thought it was an "in general" with artist and/or authors. I redact. I struck through my response.

Mulleins

zelig
05-05-2019, 06:12 AM
I am of the view that introductions and afterwords by random people however well known or creative in their own right are meaningless.

As a point of clarification, are you making a general statement, or are you suggesting that we select intro authors at random, based primarily on how big a name they are, as opposed to their connection to the novel? As you mentioned Polanski, I’m assuming your statement was not of a general nature, and specific to this book, but I wanted to clarify.

zelig
05-05-2019, 08:18 AM
I am of the view that introductions and afterwords by random people however well known or creative in their own right are meaningless.

As a point of clarification, are you making a general statement, or are you suggesting that we select intro authors at random, based primarily on how big a name they are, as opposed to their connection to the novel? As you mentioned Polanski, I’m assuming your statement was not of a general nature, and specific to this book, but I wanted to clarify.

General statement Paul. I have no insights on your selection process and definitely not suggesting you chase big names. I use Polanski as an example of someone that has a clear and indisputable connection To Rosemary’s Baby and who’s views and signature would enhance the value of the book. At least for me.

Okay thanks. As a general rule, I tend stay away from directors of movies which are adaptations of a novel, for introductions. The movie is the movie, and the book is the book. I sort of compartmentalize each, as different mediums. I'd sooner go after an author whose work was inspired or influenced by the novel in some way. There's definitely exceptions.

From a purely 'surgical' standpoint, I'd actually prefer not to include introductions. They add months to the production cycle of the book, cost more money, and create additional administrative work in shipping signature sheets back and forth. One could say that the work stands on its own, and does not require an introduction (there's one of those on the horizon.)

On the other hand, I understand the importance of a signature to many of our customers, especially in the case of a deceased author. Signatures are something else I could discuss at length, but that's for another time. Also, I do see the value in publishing an introduction. They can add context to a work, or offer an interesting viewpoint. Joe Hill's intro to Horns comes to mind. I learned something new having read it, which I was not aware of before.

Maybe it's helpful to know that when we consider possible candidates for writing introductions, we look for authors who have a connection to the work. That's a given. We spend a fair amount of time researching this, and we also receive input from the author's Estate from whom we also require approval. Of primary importance is, how is this author connected to the work. This is not the introduction-version of a remarque by an artist who has absolutely nothing to do with the book. I agree, that would not make sense.

Munnecom
05-05-2019, 09:48 AM
Signatures are something else I could discuss at length, but that's for another time.

Please do, I’d love to hear your thoughts.

I like signed books, but ultimately, signatures - even from the author - are low on my list of things I want from fine-press books. A quality binding, some kind of slip- or traycase, paper and printing quality, illustrations and trim size are all more important to me.

willybusmc
05-05-2019, 09:58 AM

Yes please. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this, as one of the top creators in our field.

herbertwest
05-05-2019, 10:45 AM

General statement Paul. I have no insights on your selection process and definitely not suggesting you chase big names. I use Polanski as an example of someone that has a clear and indisputable connection To Rosemary’s Baby and who’s views and signature would enhance the value of the book. At least for me.

Okay thanks. As a general rule, I tend stay away from directors of movies which are adaptations of a novel, for introductions. The movie is the movie, and the book is the book. I sort of compartmentalize each, as different mediums. I'd sooner go after an author whose work was inspired or influenced by the novel in some way. There's definitely exceptions.

From a purely 'surgical' standpoint, I'd actually prefer not to include introductions. They add months to the production cycle of the book, cost more money, and create additional administrative work in shipping signature sheets back and forth. One could say that the work stands on its own, and does not require an introduction (there's one of those on the horizon.)

On the other hand, I understand the importance of a signature to many of our customers, especially in the case of a deceased author. Signatures are something else I could discuss at length, but that's for another time. Also, I do see the value in publishing an introduction. They can add context to a work, or offer an interesting viewpoint. Joe Hill's intro to Horns comes to mind. I learned something new having read it, which I was not aware of before.

Maybe it's helpful to know that when we consider possible candidates for writing introductions, we look for authors who have a connection to the work. That's a given. We spend a fair amount of time researching this, and we also receive input from the author's Estate from whom we also require approval. Of primary importance is, how is this author connected to the work. This is not the introduction-version of a remarque by an artist who has absolutely nothing to do with the book. I agree, that would not make sense.

Which reminds me that I would love to read Joe Hill's introduction :s

RichardX
05-05-2019, 01:12 PM

Isn't Polanski considered a fugitive? I think I would pass on that unless the money went to his victim.

Lurker
05-05-2019, 01:50 PM
Yeah, he skipped the country after pleading guilty to raping a 13 year old. I wouldn't have it in my house.

herbertwest
05-05-2019, 03:57 PM
Agreed, there is a big controversy now about him.
He even got "fired" from the Oscars academy.

Same with Woody Allen who cannot find any publisher for his memoirs just now.

Or... Morgan Freeman, which was accused of sexual harassment by 8 women and alledgly had an affair with his grand daughter if I remember correctly...

zelig
05-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Signatures are something else I could discuss at length, but that's for another time.

I like signed books, but ultimately, signatures - even from the author - are low on my list of things I want from fine-press books. A quality binding, some kind of slip- or traycase, paper and printing quality, illustrations and trim size are all more important to me.

Well, okay. Since you asked.

From my standpoint as the publisher, here are some thoughts on signatures.

There is that old nugget of a comment I see from time to time berating the price of a book, followed up by “...and it isn’t even signed.”

In general, signature does not play any part in establishing the retail price of an edition. I have data points for every tangible element making up the cost of production, and signature isn’t one of them. Price is based entirely on production cost. One exception is when an author requires a signing fee over and above royalties, then that cost is spread out across all copies, and it's minimal. So for me, to equate the price of a book to whether it is signed or not, well it isn't something I can wrap my mind around.

Again, publisher's perspective for a newly released edition, sold direct from the publisher and not aftermarket.

Something that comes to mind is a book I have scheduled where the author is deceased, but we have a famous author signing because there will be an introduction by that author. The price remains the same. It isn't marked up simply because it has that signature.

What this sort of comment tells me is that when someone decides to not purchase one of my books because it does not have a signature, and perhaps in particular, the author's signature, then they are passing for the wrong reasons. At least, what I personally consider to be the wrong reasons. For the non-buyer, their reasoning is valid for them, and I respect that.

I would expect people to buy my books for the love of the story, for the love of the author and of course for the love of the physical production of it; and not whether it is signed. I guess my books are for book lovers, not signature lovers.

Having said that, as a collector I understand how signature is important for several reasons. It’s when looking at a price and then trying to justify that price based on whether it’s signed or not, that doesn’t make sense to me in the context of the books I publish.

Does that mean I won't seek out signatures? I think you know the answer to that. Signatures are pursued for every edition.

So what would be the 'right' reason to pass on an edition? Sometimes I will see a comment about how a person doesn't like the design of the book. Of course, that hardly ever happens... tsk tsk... big-smiley-face... but if you pass for that reason, to me, you are actually passing for one of the right reasons. You simply don't like the design.

I’m in the business of making what I would hope people consider to be beautiful books, first. Signatures, although important, are secondary.

Munnecom
05-05-2019, 08:34 PM
Thanks for that! I thought signing fees were standard practice.

MikeDuke
05-06-2019, 05:32 AM
That is what I figured Paul. Personally, I love the designs of the books. I am still extremely impressed on how you incorporate the story in the design. Sigs are nice but they are not why I buy the books. I buy the books because of your design and it's a story that I have not read yet and want the book for that reason. You explanation was really good. I am really excited to see what books are in the pipeline.

jeffingoff
05-06-2019, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the info and insight into the process, Paul. So far, I've been nothing but impressed with your design decisions. I've heard some objections from others and while I see their points, I don't agree. It's been kind of mind-blowing for me that you're doing exactly the kinds of books I'd want exactly the way I'd want them done. It sounds like I'm brown-nosing here, but it's true.

On signatures, I would pay more for a signature. I was furious that I missed out on the signed Misery. In part for the quality of that edition, but also because King signed it. Signatures make the book feel more complete. For deceased authors, well some are just completely dead and there's no way around that. And unless someone is wiling to lug them up to the Micmac burial grounds, we can forget about getting a signature. I'm not going to do that. Who is? Even if we did, then I'm not sure the deceased author would be in the mood to sign anything. They just don't come back the same. In that case, I've been impressed with who you have lined up to sign your editions. As long as that the signatory (is that the right usage of that word?? it's not an agreement, it's a book) writes an intro or an afterword making a case or a statement on the book, I'll be satisfied. The closer that person is to the work, the better (of course).

webstar1000
05-06-2019, 06:06 AM
You keep on keepin on my brother. You be doing... JUST fine:)

St. Troy
05-06-2019, 07:50 AM
Although I don’t value signatures enough to seek them out (I’m big on materials and features), I would still expect the presence of one to play a big role in determining retail price, given that it adds value in the eyes of so many buyers.

If Suntup doesn’t mark up due to the presence of a signature, that’s certainly cool, but as someone who wants small/specialty publishers to thrive and survive, I kind of want them to do that, given how much of their business model is strange and unreliable (Cemetery Dance’s recent tango with insolvent printers comes to mind).

Brian James Freeman
05-06-2019, 08:03 AM
I know adding positive Reputation doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of the board (unless there is an endgame I'm unaware of where the person with the highest positive rep takes over the entire chocolate factory), but there are days I wish I could just add Positive rep right away again and again when someone is killing it in multiple posts in a thread like this. ;)

Ari_Racing
05-06-2019, 08:06 AM
I know adding positive Reputation doesn't really mean anything in the grand scheme of the board (unless there is an endgame I'm unaware of where the person with the highest positive rep takes over the entire chocolate factory), but there are days I wish I could just add Positive rep right away again and again when someone is killing it in multiple posts in a thread like this. ;)

Same happens to me. Most of the times I can't give more + rep due to limits.

jeffingoff
05-06-2019, 08:08 AM

Send me some $$ via Paypal and I'll rep who you want repped. Unless, of course, I've already repped him.

racerx45
05-06-2019, 08:32 AM

I know the feeling

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ari_Racing again."

Munnecom
05-06-2019, 08:44 AM
unless there is an endgame I'm unaware of

When Paul snaps his fingers, half the books he's published so far will turn to dust...

Randall Flagg
05-06-2019, 09:42 AM

You can always PM me and I'll give the rep and attribute it to you.

Brian James Freeman
05-06-2019, 09:59 AM

When Paul snaps his fingers, half the books he's published so far will turn to dust...

That's why you need to buy TWO copies!

Hunchback Jack
05-06-2019, 11:36 AM

That's why you need to buy TWO copies!

Or rather, "That's why I needed to buy TWO copies, honey!" ;)

HBJ

Patrick
05-10-2019, 02:18 PM
Thanks for asking a great question, Bill. You’ve sparked a lot of good discussion.

Personally I like when authors of an introduction, a foreword, and/or an afterward sign a book - regardless of why or even whether they are well-known. If someone contributed to the edition in any manner, then their autograph adds a personal touch.

jeffingoff
05-22-2019, 09:18 AM
Great email update today, Paul. LOVE the art on the HORNS AGE dust jacket and the peek behind the scenes! Can't wait to get both of my copies.

webstar1000
05-22-2019, 09:34 AM
Beauty Paul. I just seen it!

MikeDuke
05-22-2019, 09:45 AM
Yea. That is a great update. Can't wait until they are done.

The Library Policeman
05-22-2019, 12:10 PM
Those slipcases look great!

zelig
05-22-2019, 07:19 PM
Pleased you like it. Thanks folks. We are inching closer to a Horns release. Rosemary’s Baby is punching along very well now. So is The Road. And a book we have not even announced yet is already at the printer.

More goodies in the pipeline.

Munnecom
05-22-2019, 08:58 PM
I'll just deposit my salary straight into your account from now on to save time.

MikeDuke
05-23-2019, 05:02 AM
Pleased you like it. Thanks folks. We are inching closer to a Horns release. Rosemary’s Baby is punching along very well now. So is The Road. And a book we have not even announced yet is already at the printer.

More goodies in the pipeline.
I'm liking what I am reading.

jeffingoff
05-23-2019, 05:17 AM
And a book we have not even announced yet is already at the printer.

You're killing me. If this is a Palahniuk book, I'll be dead. Or Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe. Or Cell or Gerald's Game. Dead dead dead dead.

becca69
05-23-2019, 07:52 AM
For deceased authors, well some are just completely dead and there's no way around that. And unless someone is wiling to lug them up to the Micmac burial grounds, we can forget about getting a signature. I'm not going to do that. Who is? Even if we did, then I'm not sure the deceased author would be in the mood to sign anything. They just don't come back the same. In that case, I've been impressed with who you have lined up to sign your editions. As long as that the signatory (is that the right usage of that word?? it's not an agreement, it's a book) writes an intro or an afterword making a case or a statement on the book, I'll be satisfied. The closer that person is to the work, the better (of course).

(Not to derail the thread but…) This is the only author that might be in the mood to sign after he dies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHLVnu98_Jc

jeffingoff
05-23-2019, 07:54 AM
For deceased authors, well some are just completely dead and there's no way around that. And unless someone is wiling to lug them up to the Micmac burial grounds, we can forget about getting a signature. I'm not going to do that. Who is? Even if we did, then I'm not sure the deceased author would be in the mood to sign anything. They just don't come back the same. In that case, I've been impressed with who you have lined up to sign your editions. As long as that the signatory (is that the right usage of that word?? it's not an agreement, it's a book) writes an intro or an afterword making a case or a statement on the book, I'll be satisfied. The closer that person is to the work, the better (of course).

(Not to derail the thread but…) This is the only author that might be in the mood to sign after he dies:

WELL PLAYED!

Patrick
05-23-2019, 08:01 AM

You're killing me. If this is a Palahniuk book, I'll be dead. Or Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe. Or Cell or Gerald's Game. Dead dead dead dead.
I would love to see SUNTUP or LETTERPRESS do sweet editions of Margaret Atwood’s ORYX AND CRAKE/MADDADAM trilogy. And the author could sign!

jeffingoff
05-23-2019, 08:11 AM

I would love to see SUNTUP or LETTERPRESS do sweet editions of Margaret Atwood’s ORYX AND CRAKE/MADDADAM trilogy. And the author could sign!

I want it noted for the record this is the first time (first I've seen) when Suntup and LetterPress have been mentioned together as the only two publishers to whom an appeal for a fine edition(s) has been made.This suggests something of an equivalency. Is someone taking notes? Is there a record?

lotuz
05-23-2019, 08:15 AM

I think it's a shame, bordering on a crime, that none of her novels have deluxe editions :mad:

Folio did The Handmaid's Tale, Easton Press did The Blind Assassin, and there was a nicer-than-average set of the MadAddam trilogy by a British publisher but all three of those titles (and a few others) deserve much better treatment than they have been given so far!

Also, the only books my wife collects are Atwood's so over the course of birthdays and holidays throughout the years we've been together I've pretty much found everything worth finding, so far...

firemonkey66
05-23-2019, 08:32 AM
I’m pulling for Blood Meridian. I could see Cormac McCarthy saying no to signing The Road, but yes to signing another title at the same time...:)

jeffingoff
05-23-2019, 08:34 AM
I’m pulling for Blood Meridian. I could see Cormac McCarthy saying no to signing The Road, but yes to signing another title at the same time...:)

I will also die if it is Blood Meridian. Should have mentioned that earlier.

webstar1000
05-23-2019, 10:33 AM
Blood Meridian.. the second book in my life I stopped reading. The lack of punctuation was too jarring for me......

St. Troy
05-23-2019, 10:35 AM
Blood Meridian.. the second book in my life I stopped reading. The lack of punctuation was too jarring for me......

What was the first?

OldCrow88
05-23-2019, 10:42 AM

Doesn't he have to actually finish a book in order to sign it? :lol:

webstar1000
05-23-2019, 10:50 AM

What was the first?

The third book of the Annihilation Trilogy.

firemonkey66
05-23-2019, 11:08 AM

A lot of people say that. Try listening to the audiobook if you can’t get into a rhythm with reading it.

zelig
05-23-2019, 11:21 AM
McCarthy’s writing style for me is what makes the prose that much more magical. At first it’s a little unsettling, and perhaps not for everyone’s tastes, but it ultimately creates a dimension to the story that would not otherwise be there. It’s really quite something how he can pull it off and make it work in ways you would not think possible.

Randall Flagg
05-23-2019, 11:23 AM
I have read The Road, and No Country For Old Men. The style is an aquired tast, but I must say that once I aquired that taste, I couldn't put the books down. I loved them. I'm sure I'll read more McCarthy books.

Only book I haven't been able to penetrate is Lisey's Story.

webstar1000
05-23-2019, 11:23 AM
I have read The Road, and No Country For Old Men. The style is an aquired tast, but I must say that once I aquired that taste, I couldn't put the books down. I loved them. I'm sure I'll read more McCarthy books.

LOVED the Road and have Country to read next. Blood was hard for me:(

lotuz
05-23-2019, 11:27 AM

While I would love to see a Suntup treatment of Atwood, Blood Meridian is my greatest wish :rose::rose::rose:

IIRC Paul mentioned at one point having some science fiction books in the hopper - lots of interesting fodder there! I think I put the Hyperion Cantos and the Foundation series on my 20 book wish list way back when but there's lots of good stuff out there.

I'd also like to see a Suntup version of something from Tim Powers, even though Charnel House and Sub Press have him on lockdown.

I'm so excited that there aren't going to be limits on the genres they're planning to explore - so much good stuff out there!

jeffingoff
05-23-2019, 11:34 AM

LOVED the Road and have Country to read next. Blood was hard for me:(

I didn't finish Blood Meridian either. But that's mostly because time ran out on the copy I borrowed from a coworker (who got fired) and I've been dying to get back to the Judge, the Kid, and all the barbarity.

kingfan2323
05-23-2019, 11:54 AM

More goodies in the pipeline.Not predictions or "classics" but just random ideas:

No law against non-fiction right?

The Stranger Beside Me by Anne Rule (true is scary!)

Running with Scissors (Augusten Burroughs)

You could have a lot of fun creatively with:

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda

The Invention of Hugo Cabret

Before the Fall (Noah Hawley)

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Munnecom
05-23-2019, 12:01 PM
Paul, way back when (right around the time Suntup Editions burst onto the scene with the Misery announcement), you mentioned in a few interviews that you would like to publish some books of poetry one day.

Is that still in the pipeline? I can imagine it would be a hard sell to people who flocked to your press for the (horror) fiction you publish.