PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

webstar1000
05-10-2017, 01:05 PM
I seen that on FB too. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Room 217 Caretaker
05-11-2017, 03:15 AM
Hey Paul, per our agreement, my kidney removal begins next week. You should see the black market money soon in your bank account.

Wish me luck.

Mulleins

zelig
05-11-2017, 06:06 AM
If I were a Project Manager, I'd probably throw out a warning about Scope Creep ... luckily you're the PM!

I hear that. If you're a Buffy fan, you'll know what I'm talking about, but I follow the "Beer-Good-More-Beer!" philosophy. Even though I'm not a beer drinker, the concept stands...

Here's a typical conversation I have with myself:

"But Paul, the Suede material is more expensive!"
"I know, but feel it! Doesn't it feel good!?"
"Yes, but what about the cost?"
"Forget about the cost man, we'll figure that out later!"

Sometimes I have to reign things in, but I've made several "upgrades" to things as we've moved through production.

Something else coming down the pipeline eh? At this point, I should probably just set up a payroll deduction..:Money emoticon: Very much looking forward to whatever it is:biggrin1:

It's going to be great. Check Facebook for teasers over the next few weeks.

Hey Paul, per our agreement, my kidney removal begins next week. You should see the black market money soon in your bank account.

Wish me luck.

Mulleins

Good luck! I'll send over the bank details. :biggrin:

TravelinJack
05-11-2017, 06:35 AM
Something new coming down range? Wow wow wee wow. I see a bright future for Suntup Press.

Beverly Marsh
05-11-2017, 10:17 AM
You're killing me Paul. When I die Ralph can have my kidneys.

zelig
05-11-2017, 12:05 PM
Will they be Signed by Mr. Strong?
:evil:At least the lettered.

So we're going to get all copies signed by Mark Strong, and the copies that go in the Lettered Edition Portfolio will also be signed by Palladini. We've also come up with a really nice signature sheet. The biography books that ship with the Numbered Portfolio will be numbered, and the books that ship with the Lettered Portfolio will be lettered. And yes, numbers/letters will be matched. Looks like this one turned into an official limited edition as well. Thanks for the idea Bruce! It's going to look great.

wolfehr
05-11-2017, 12:29 PM
I have no idea how you've managed to continually improve what started out as an amazing project, but I'm blown away by every update. This is awesome!

Do you know if it'll be possible to purchase a reading copy from Mr. Strong. I think with this update I might be too scared to read the copy that comes with the portfolio :)

needfulthings
05-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Will they be Signed by Mr. Strong?
:evil:At least the lettered.

So we're going to get all copies signed by Mark Strong, and the copies that go in the Lettered Edition Portfolio will also be signed by Palladini. We've also come up with a really nice signature sheet. The biography books that ship with the Numbered Portfolio will be numbered, and the books that ship with the Lettered Portfolio will be lettered. And yes, numbers/letters will be matched. Looks like this one turned into an official limited edition as well. Thanks for the idea Bruce! It's going to look great.
YOU'R WELCOME!....But what the HELL do I know about collecting AUTOGRAPHS?:lol:

stroppygoblin
05-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Do you know if it'll be possible to purchase a reading copy from Mr. Strong. I think with this update I might be too scared to read the copy that comes with the portfolio :)

Books are made to be read man! Now I've responded to this I can get back to reading my copy of the S/L Stand...
It's alright, I can find where I got to as I turned down the page corner to mark where I was.

needfulthings
05-11-2017, 04:56 PM

Books are made to be read man! Now I've responded to this I can get back to reading my copy of the S/L Stand...

It's alright, I can find where I got to as I turned down the page corner to mark where I was.

:doh:
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/5779/rYI7xc.jpg

cit74
05-12-2017, 07:04 AM
what great editions to this already amazing piece of work - really looking forward to my copy

stroppygoblin
05-12-2017, 07:59 AM

:doh:
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/5779/rYI7xc.jpg

Yeah I hear ya Bruce, that damn bit of ribbon is a PITA too. I don't know why the bookbinders cant just trim off the excess material to make it look neat. I always just cut mine off and give it to the wife to tie her hair up.

zelig
05-12-2017, 05:45 PM

Like Simon says, read it... ;-) But if you damage it in some way, drop me a line. I'm pretty close with the publisher and I think I could get you a replacement copy.

YOU'R WELCOME!....But what the HELL do I know about collecting AUTOGRAPHS?:lol:

I know you're new to collecting books with autographs. At least with this one, it will give you, what... 10 autographed books? Wait, I think I left a couple of zeroes off there...

Merlin1958
05-13-2017, 05:13 PM
Paul, I would just like to reiterate that your donation to the HF was outstanding and greatly appreciated!!!!

wolfehr
05-13-2017, 08:07 PM
Haha, now that's great customer service :) Thanks Paul!

zelig
05-14-2017, 12:52 PM
Paul, I would just like to reiterate that your donation to the HF was outstanding and greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks Bill, my pleasure.

Haha, now that's great customer service :) Thanks Paul!

Anytime bud.

zelig
05-22-2017, 01:02 PM
Proof copies of the Palladini bio came in today. The book is 8x10. I'm really pleased with how it's looking. Apologies if the photo is a little blurry. I didn't have a lot of time to shoot this one.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/IMG_0474.jpg

Ari_Racing
05-22-2017, 01:04 PM
:) Nice!

TravelinJack
05-22-2017, 01:08 PM
Looks great.

stroppygoblin
05-22-2017, 03:56 PM
:thumbsup:

Tommy
05-22-2017, 05:08 PM
Those look nice Paul!

zelig
05-22-2017, 05:32 PM
Thanks. It has a really nice signature page. And you can't beat the price.

wolfehr
05-22-2017, 05:39 PM
I agree with everyone; those came out really well!

Brian861
05-23-2017, 07:56 AM
Very nice, Paul!

zelig
05-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the comments all.

I have to add more pages to the bio as I discovered a bunch of new images and photographs yesterday that are perfect for a biography, so I'm working to get them added to the final version.

Also, there's something new that will be announced on May 30th. Been working on this for months and finally coming to fruition. I'm very excited about it. Hints have been dropping on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/) the past few days, and will continue until the announcement.

Tommy
05-24-2017, 10:38 AM
May I ask if it will be priced more like Dragon was or closer to Firestarter?

zelig
05-24-2017, 11:01 AM

Hey Tommy. It's not a custom bound book. Those I do through Dragon Rebound. This is something new from Suntup Editions. Depending on what you decide to purchase, you can get in for as low as $100. :smile:

Brian861
05-24-2017, 11:03 AM

Hey Tommy. It's not a custom bound book. Those I do through Dragon Rebound. This is something new from Suntup Editions. Depending on what you decide to purchase, you can get in for as low as $100. :smile:

Alright, Saul Goodman :lol:

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-24-2017, 11:07 AM

On the other end of the spectrum. How high can I get in for:):lol1:

zelig
05-24-2017, 11:16 AM
You'll have to wait and see.

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-24-2017, 11:17 AM
You'll have to wait and see.

Shenanigans :thumbsup:

Tommy
05-24-2017, 11:28 AM

Ahh yes, got confused for a second there, sorry about that Paul. I am excited to see what you have for us!

zelig
05-24-2017, 11:40 AM
Hey, all good, no need to apologize. I have trouble keeping track of all this myself sometimes!

TravelinJack
05-24-2017, 11:52 AM
For those of us that aren't on Facebook. Yes, I may be the last one. Will this be the best venue for updates? This seems exciting.

Tommy
05-24-2017, 12:04 PM
For those of us that aren't on Facebook. Yes, I may be the last one. Will this be the best venue for updates? This seems exciting.

You are definitely not the last one. No Facebook for me. I do have a Twitter account that I haven't checked in months. This forum and the CD forum are as social as I get on the internet.

Br!an
05-24-2017, 12:15 PM

Also no Facebook. :thumbsup:

It will definitely be posted here.

You can also sign up for the email list. (https://suntup.press/)

zelig
05-24-2017, 12:16 PM

For sure. Usually myself or someone ends up posting when there's something new out there to fuel our addictions. So you're in the right place. Who needs Facebook when you've got TDT, right...

TravelinJack
05-24-2017, 12:21 PM

You are definitely not the last one. No Facebook for me. I do have a Twitter account that I haven't checked in months. This forum and the CD forum are as social as I get on the internet.

Good to hear. I try to keep a low profile as well. This forum and LinkedIn for work/business purposes is all she wrote.

:thumbsup: Awesome, thanks.

For sure. Usually myself or someone ends up posting when there's something new out there to fuel our addictions. So you're in the right place. Who needs Facebook when you've got TDT, right...

Thanks and exactly. Seems like people here do a very good job at keep everyone in the loop across many circles and venues. Good stuff.

DoctorZaius
05-24-2017, 01:05 PM

Good to hear. I try to keep a low profile as well. This forum and LinkedIn for work/business purposes is all she wrote.

:thumbsup: Awesome, thanks.

Thanks and exactly. Seems like people here do a very good job at keep everyone in the loop across many circles and venues. Good stuff.

I am happy to say that this site is the closest thing I have to social media in my life.

zelig
05-24-2017, 02:40 PM
I realized that those of you who aren't on FB might be missing some of the action. So here's a recap of the last few days posts. Copy and paste...

ONLY 8 DAYS ...until we announce our next Suntup Editions release! We'll be dropping hints like this one throughout the week, so be sure to visit our Facebook page daily for more.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teasers3.jpg

ONLY 7 DAYS ...until we announce our next Suntup Editions release. And here is your second hint!

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teasers2.jpg

6 DAYS ...until we reveal our HOTLY ANTICIPATED (see what we did there?) new release! Here is your third hint!

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teasers5.jpg

Brian861
05-24-2017, 04:37 PM
Is there a prize for the best guess? :)

zelig
05-24-2017, 05:14 PM

There isn't, but there should be... winner gets a discount code for use on their first order.

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-24-2017, 05:20 PM

There isn't, but there should be... winner gets a discount code for use on their first order.

My guess is Stephen King :thumbsup:

needfulthings
05-24-2017, 05:23 PM
New ART for FIRESTARTER including images of THE SHOP?

TravelinJack
05-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Firestarter Portfolio? Or is that already in the mix?

TravelinJack
05-24-2017, 05:24 PM

Jinx? Sorta :-)

zelig
05-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Good guesses, but not even close.

idlewarnings
05-24-2017, 05:55 PM
The green rooftops are from the original cover art for The Shining.
I'm guessing early cover art portfolio.

zelig
05-24-2017, 06:11 PM
You're right on the rooftops but it's not a portfolio.

needfulthings
05-24-2017, 06:35 PM
New designed King Dust jackets?
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3926/GFtwqN.jpg

TravelinJack
05-24-2017, 06:53 PM
Original cover art book collection.

needfulthings
05-24-2017, 07:46 PM
I believe THAT book is called Knowing Darkness.

jsmcmullen92
05-25-2017, 05:23 AM
It's Shining, Salem's Lot, Fire-starter... are you doing a portfolio of original covers?

TravelinJack
05-25-2017, 05:27 AM
I believe THAT book is called Knowing Darkness.

Good point. Mayhap this is a new and improved (potentially less heavy) version? Hmmm, maybe it is a blend of reprinted original cover art for a select handful of books with new art accompanying?

Brian861
05-25-2017, 05:31 AM

My guess is Stephen King :thumbsup:

:idea:

That's what I was thinking.

needfulthings
05-25-2017, 07:16 AM
A set of King title designed....
BOOKMARKS?

TravelinJack
05-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Movie poster sized/styled reprints of legacy covers!? If not, that would be pretty cool to have.

zelig
05-25-2017, 12:43 PM

5 DAYS ...until we announce our next Suntup Editions release! Here is another hint.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/E22053F5-F37B-424C-A49E-68981E3F883D_zps4arfefxr.jpg

TravelinJack
05-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Misery? Wait a second all of these are starting to look like the same style of art. Hmmm, is this a single artists compilation of scenery from various top titles!?

wolfehr
05-25-2017, 01:54 PM
Paul said earlier that it's not a portfolio, so I'm leaning against it being some sort of art compilation.

Br!an
05-25-2017, 02:09 PM
Paul said earlier that it's not a portfolio, so I'm leaning against it being some sort of art compilation.

A portfolio is a specific thing. This could still be an art compilation. After all, he is showing cover art.

stroppygoblin
05-25-2017, 03:05 PM
It's clearly a model village based on all the books that show houses. The Fire-starter image is one of the houses on fire - Paul has such attention to detail on these things...

TravelinJack
05-25-2017, 03:11 PM
It's clearly a model village based on all the books that show houses. The Fire-starter image is one of the houses on fire - Paul has such attention to detail on these things...

That would be really neat. A village of King scenes.

cit74
05-25-2017, 03:15 PM
Could it be a king calendar? Different seasons

needfulthings
05-25-2017, 03:15 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4976/xzqF7U.jpg

wolfehr
05-25-2017, 03:16 PM

A portfolio is a specific thing. This could still be an art compilation. After all, he is showing cover art.

Yup, could definitely be an art compilation. Just betting against it for that reason.

Now I'm thinking maybe a print of some sort of print that encapsulates bunch of different king books? Maybe something like a view of Castle Rock with a bunch of references to the various books.

wolfehr
05-25-2017, 03:17 PM
Could it be a king calendar? Different seasons

That's a great guess!

Randall Flagg
05-25-2017, 03:19 PM
Someone has already guessed correctly. Kudos to them.

stroppygoblin
05-25-2017, 03:46 PM

Model village - nailed it! :nana:

HONKYTONKSMASH
05-25-2017, 03:50 PM

Model village - nailed it! :nana:

[/QUOTE]My guess is Stephen King :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Or perhaps I did :emot-roflolmao:

Randall Flagg
05-25-2017, 03:50 PM
:nope:

Br!an
05-26-2017, 04:30 AM
I was thinking calendar. I just can't come up with a hundred dollar calendar. :orely:

Brian861
05-26-2017, 07:01 AM
I was thinking calendar. I just can't come up with a hundred dollar calendar. :orely:

And that's the low, low starting price. I'm banking on a set of Tarot cards myself.

TravelinJack
05-26-2017, 07:37 AM

And that's the low, low starting price. I'm banking on a set of Tarot cards myself.

A really nicely done custom art deck of Tarot cards could be really neat too.

Ben Mears
05-26-2017, 07:38 AM
Misery? Wait a second all of these are starting to look like the same style of art. Hmmm, is this a single artists compilation of scenery from various top titles!?

Not the same artist for images shown so far. 'Salem's Lot and The Shining artist is the same (Dave Christensen) but Misery (Bob Giusti) and Firestarter (Stephen Stroud) are different.

zelig
05-26-2017, 09:22 AM

4 DAYS... until we reveal all the details on our secret project! Here is your daily hint.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teasers7.jpg

jsmcmullen92
05-26-2017, 09:32 AM

4 DAYS... until we reveal all the details on our secret project! Here is your daily hint.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1440509802-Needful%20Things%20DJ%201024x648.jpg

Brian861
05-26-2017, 10:01 AM

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1440509802-Needful%20Things%20DJ%201024x648.jpg

I'm still waiting for the project that I can afford that Paul promised :)

I really wish someone would give NT the royal treatment instead doing the same ole stuff over and over. That book has been overlooked for way too long IMO.

zelig
05-26-2017, 11:14 AM
This is the one you can afford Brian.

Anyone notice the detail in these extreme close-up hints... not sure you can get that from a scan of the cover.

Brian861
05-26-2017, 11:17 AM

Anyone notice the detail in these extreme close-up hints... not sure you can get that from a scan of the cover.

Looking forward to the reveal all the same, Paul.

Br!an
05-26-2017, 01:53 PM

Yes I did. Almost as if it's original art. :orely:

Roseannebarr
05-26-2017, 01:55 PM

i really like what i am seeing, but even better if Brian can afford it, maybe i can too!

Brian861
05-27-2017, 07:15 AM

i really like what i am seeing, but even better if Brian can afford it, maybe i can too!

:lol: Glenn. I fly, you buy?

zelig
05-27-2017, 07:44 AM

As Stephen King once wrote, "Good books don't give up all their secrets at once." ...Neither do we. 3 MORE DAYS until all is revealed.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teasers6.jpg

tippy4
05-27-2017, 08:05 AM
Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

The Viking Years?

zelig
05-27-2017, 08:24 AM
Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

The Viking Years?

No, there have been some Doubleday covers in there as well. Someone's guess was close. Whoever is closest will get a discount coupon. Not long to wait now for the reveal.

George at C-Springs
05-27-2017, 08:51 AM
I would say a print of a map of Castle Rock, using the book covers to designate all the locations. As a bonus, it would be signed by the artists. For the record (and future consideration as a project?) I really liked the idea of bookmarks based on the stories, perhaps original artwork but reprints would also work, again signed by the artists. Price on something like that hopefully wouldn't be too over-the-top so could be affordable for more of our folks here. Could even make 'em a bit fancy!

Brian861
05-27-2017, 10:59 AM
Thanks again, Paul for posting here for those of us who aren't big on the other social media platforms.

zelig
05-28-2017, 11:29 AM

2 DAYS...

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teasers4.jpg

Ari_Racing
05-28-2017, 11:34 AM
Pet sematary. A porfolio of book covers?

needfulthings
05-28-2017, 11:47 AM
You're right on the rooftops but it's not a portfolio.

What did the man say?

Ari_Racing
05-28-2017, 01:23 PM
A calendar with th covers :)

Roseannebarr
05-28-2017, 01:54 PM
A poster with covers. A calendar would quickly to out of date

Roseannebarr
05-28-2017, 01:56 PM
A chap book with king covers?

Brian861
05-29-2017, 07:05 AM

2 DAYS...

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teasers4.jpg

Cat's Eye reboot :sharepopcorn:

Randall Flagg
05-29-2017, 07:09 AM
Children of the Corn 19

zelig
05-29-2017, 09:06 AM
#9 (Final)

1 DAY! ... In less than 24 hours, all will be revealed! Be sure to visit our Facebook page at 9:00 am (Pacific Standard Time) tomorrow morning to get all the details on this epic new Suntup Editions release!

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teasers8.jpg

needfulthings
05-29-2017, 10:53 AM
:evil:
WE ARE ALL NOT FACEBOOK PEOPLE!
:lol:
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3200/RGXBps.jpg

Ari_Racing
05-29-2017, 11:27 AM
And that's the cover for Christine S/L. :)

I stand for a Calendar with the covers.

zelig
05-29-2017, 11:28 AM
:evil:
WE ARE ALL NOT FACEBOOK PEOPLE!
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/3200/RGXBps.jpg

Special treatment for TDT. Will be posted here as well. Don't wear socks because they will be knocked off. :evil:

jsmcmullen92
05-29-2017, 11:39 AM
Original cover posters maybe a compilation or each gets its own?? And with Paul's magic at finding artists, each picture will be signed I'm guessing.

Brian861
05-30-2017, 07:29 AM
#9 (Final)

1 DAY! ... In less than 24 hours, all will be revealed! Be sure to visit our Facebook page at 9:00 am (Pacific Standard Time) tomorrow morning to get all the details on this epic new Suntup Editions release!

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/teasers8.jpg

Damn west coasters. Always behind the times :angry:

Br!an
05-30-2017, 07:33 AM
I like the map idea, although not limited to Castle Rock since the books referred to aren't all Castle Rock stories.

zelig
05-30-2017, 07:57 AM
3 minutes to go.

zelig
05-30-2017, 08:00 AM
We are live:

https://suntup.press/ (https://suntup.press/)

TravelinJack
05-30-2017, 08:08 AM
Woohoo! Great project! Can't wait to order!!!

Lookwhoitis
05-30-2017, 08:10 AM
awesome!

wolfehr
05-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Awesome! Fingers crossed I'm one of the first 20 to subscribe Remarque subscription!

webstar1000
05-30-2017, 08:14 AM
Cool beans Paul! Keep these a coming!

TravelinJack
05-30-2017, 08:16 AM
Just checked it out in more detail. Whew, this is really great. Talk about hitting the mark of every SK Collector! Well done Sai, well done!

Randall Flagg
05-30-2017, 08:16 AM
Great project, and great video.

dnemec
05-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Amazing, Paul!

burial
05-30-2017, 08:22 AM
That looks great...
If i go for it international shipping will kill my wallet

jsmcmullen92
05-30-2017, 08:30 AM
Man those look awesome! Great work as always Paul!

webstar1000
05-30-2017, 08:32 AM
I just watched the video. I did not see it the first time... Damm Paul, you are just doing it the RIGHT way. Very impressive....

wizardsrainbow
05-30-2017, 08:47 AM
Sweet...nicely done Paul!!!

you ever seen a ghost?
05-30-2017, 08:48 AM
was lucky enough to receive a press kit with 3 out of series prints included and let me just say that these look incredible! i think my favorite the three might be the one for The Shining.

racerx45
05-30-2017, 09:28 AM
Looks great Paul,

Two questions for you (feel free to put these on the QWDNTYWA, Questions we did not think you would ask, page)

1 – With a new print being released each month and having the first three ready to ship now will the fourth one be next month or in September?

2- The Golden Ticket, is this a one-time only thing or will there be one of one for each print?

zelig
05-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Wow... what a response. Haven't stopped receiving emails and texts. And thanks for all the kind comments all. The project was a labor of love for me. It's almost all I did from early am to around midnight 7 days a week. So far we've had over 500 video views in the first hour.

zelig
05-30-2017, 09:40 AM
Looks great Paul,

Two questions for you (feel free to put these on the QWDNTYWA, Questions we did not think you would ask, page)

1 – With a new print being released each month and having the first three ready to ship now will the fourth one be next month or in September?

2- The Golden Ticket, is this a one-time only thing or will there be one of one for each print?

Good questions! The next print will be released July 1st, so no waiting 3 months. The Golden Ticket, for now, is a one-time only. But I may re-introduce it again at various points throughout the series.

zelig
05-30-2017, 09:53 AM
I forgot to mention, I want to thank Rebecca (Becca69) for her work on this project. She was instrumental in developing the type designs and layout for these prints. Thank you Rebecca! The wild ride continues.

becca69
05-30-2017, 09:54 AM
I forgot to mention, I want to thank Rebecca (Becca69) for her work on this project. She was instrumental in developing the type designs and layout for these prints. Thank you Rebecca! The wild ride continues.

:grouphug:

Ben Mears
05-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Congratulations; it looks like a high quality project. I will be in line for 'Salem's Lot when it's available.

Randall Flagg
05-30-2017, 11:56 AM

:grouphug:

Looks like Paul may have to take on a partner.

Br!an
05-30-2017, 12:45 PM
I'd like to know more about the framing. I didn't see any pricing on the website for framing.

zelig
05-30-2017, 01:25 PM
I'd like to know more about the framing. I didn't see any pricing on the website for framing.

The frame pricing will be on the shop site. I'll add them to the main page on the website as it's a good question. Here are the prices. Subscribers get 10% off these prices.

Large Generic: $250
Large Custom: $350
Small Generic: $180
Small Custom: $230

You can see pictures of the frames on the site. (Generic frame is the same across all prints. Custom is different for each print, designed to match the print coloring more closely.)

Brian861
05-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Simply amazing, Paul! Even if you are always two hours behind :). And another great video production. It'd rival many blockbuster productions. I also love the heads up on ordering. Reckon it'll crash your site? :scared:

The Library Policeman
05-30-2017, 02:01 PM
Paul, it's an amazing project. Well done mate. :)

racerx45
05-30-2017, 02:32 PM
Another question.

With the example of a limitation of 100 for sale; is that for each size (200 total) or 100 total (quantity for each size will vary depending on what is ordered)?

zelig
05-30-2017, 03:15 PM
Thanks all!

Another question.

With the example of a limitation of 100 for sale; is that for each size (200 total) or 100 total (quantity for each size will vary depending on what is ordered)?

Each size has a limitation of 100, so there are a total of 200 prints. The quantity will not vary based on what is ordered. It's an official limitation of 100, numbered 1-100, so I have committed to making that quantity.

zelig
05-30-2017, 03:55 PM
Been trying to get to this all day, and finally found a few minutes now.

We have a winner of the impromptu "hint" contest. This member was the closest the soonest with his guess: "Movie poster sized/styled reprints of legacy covers!? If not, that would be pretty cool to have."

Congratulations to TravelinJack! He has already been emailed a coupon code to use at the store on opening day.

Roseannebarr
05-30-2017, 03:58 PM
Amazing Project Paul congrats but your timing couldn't be worse we will be at breakfast with Steven King that morning I hope to show him your project if not him then Owen

Put me down for one subscription

peripheral
05-30-2017, 04:21 PM
I just read about this new project and watched the video. What an innovative, incredible, and high-quality project. Paul, you are truly a talented individual and the passion for Suntup Editions, and Stephen King's work, shines through. Congratulations.

PS - In that earlier vid, how cool does Palladini look, kicking it in his Puma wear :cool:

TravelinJack
05-30-2017, 04:27 PM

We have a winner of the impromptu "hint" contest. This member was the closest the soonest with his guess: "Movie poster sized/styled reprints of legacy covers!? If not, that would be pretty cool to have."

Congratulations to TravelinJack! He has already been emailed a coupon code to use at the store on opening day.

Woohoo, many thanks Paul! Craziness. That was a lot of fun, very much looking forward to the 1st. Thanks again!

ruderabbit
05-30-2017, 05:46 PM
An excellent video, with excellent product.

Wow.

~Mark

TravelinJack
05-30-2017, 06:12 PM
PS - In that earlier vid, how cool does Palladini look, kicking it in his Puma wear :cool:

I had to go back and watch that. Awesome!

Stockerlone
05-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Amazing project Paul !!!

T-Dogz_AK47
05-30-2017, 10:15 PM
An absolutely steller project, Paul!!! A HUGE Congratulations, my friend!! :clap::clap:

Will Bob Giusti be doing remarques for the Misery and IT cover sheets?

webstar1000
05-31-2017, 03:15 AM
An absolutely steller project, Paul!!! A HUGE Congratulations, my friend!! :clap::clap:

Will Bob Giusti be doing remarques for the Misery and IT cover sheets?

Bob will not be:( I asked already.

zelig
05-31-2017, 07:33 AM
Thank you for all the kind words everyone. Much appreciated.

Brian861
05-31-2017, 08:45 AM

WTG, Jack!

Rachel Readman
05-31-2017, 12:13 PM
All looking stunning Paul, congratulations on some truly outstanding work!

zelig
05-31-2017, 03:45 PM

Thank you Rachel! And very soon we will be fortunate to see some of your amazing illustrations in the forthcoming Palladini bio and portfolio. I won't say any more. ;-)

TravelinJack
05-31-2017, 04:02 PM

WTG, Jack!

:rock:

stroppygoblin
06-01-2017, 12:54 AM

Thank you Rachel! And very soon we will be fortunate to see some of your amazing illustrations in the forthcoming Palladini bio and portfolio. I won't say any more. ;-)

BOOM! - cant wait!

zelig
06-01-2017, 08:00 AM
The Covers Collection is now available to order.

https://shop.suntup.press

wolfehr
06-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Order is in! Went for the remarque subscription with the folio box.

TravelinJack
06-01-2017, 08:15 AM
Order in as well! Woohoo. Went for Remarque subscription as well with foil box.

TravelinJack
06-01-2017, 08:21 AM
Couldn't help myself, got a subscription of the small prints and the Spiral Promo as well. Killing me with all the coolness Paul. ;-)

Very much looking forward to seeing these in person!

zelig
06-01-2017, 12:40 PM
Thank you everyone who ordered for your support. The launch went great. About a minute after I took down the password screen the orders began to flood in. My phone kept dinging as each order was received. That was certainly fun.

Now I have a good problem to deal with. That of packing and shipping all these orders. Wow. Not sure if I will be getting much sleep over the next week.

I will do my very best to start shipping in the next few days but please bear with me.

Again, thank you for your support. With this series of prints, I'm really pleased to be able to focus the spotlight on the artists and the work they did on the books we love.

zelig
06-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Of course, the most requested # is 19. No surprise there.

TravelinJack
06-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Good ol' 19. :smile:

T-Dogz_AK47
06-01-2017, 03:33 PM
If the cover sheets were from the Dark Tower books, I would understand why #19 would be insanely popular.

I'm surprised that #1 is not the most requested # to be honest....

zelig
06-01-2017, 04:07 PM
If the cover sheets were from the Dark Tower books, I would understand why #19 would be insanely popular.

I'm surprised that #1 is not the most requested # to be honest....

That's the next most pop.

RichardX
06-01-2017, 05:02 PM
Those are fantastic. How many covers are going to be done? Is there any deadline on ordering?

zelig
06-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Those are fantastic. How many covers are going to be done? Is there any deadline on ordering?

Thanks Richard. Right now there are 15 total covers confirmed. Two of those are from S/L books. I have a few more in the works and just waiting on confirmation from the artists.

There's no deadline for ordering, but you should try to get an order in soon as they have been selling well so far. The Remarque subscriptions are almost gone. All the details are on the site here (https://suntup.press/covers-collection-fine-art-prints/).

Cheers.

TravelinJack
06-01-2017, 05:50 PM

Thanks Richard. Right now there are 15 total covers confirmed. Two of those are from S/L books. I have a few more in the works and just waiting on confirmation from the artists.

There's no deadline for ordering, but you should try to get an order in soon as they have been selling well so far. The Remarque subscriptions are almost gone. All the details are on the site here (https://suntup.press/covers-collection-fine-art-prints/).

Cheers.

Two are S/L? Interesting. I missed that one, did you disclose which ones?

zelig
06-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Yes, in a subtle way. Look at the part where it talks about forthcoming artists. They will both be spectacular. I have a sample print of one so far and I love it. It's the best reproduction I've seen of that cover. Actually I can say that about all of them. ;-)

T-Dogz_AK47
06-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Christine and Firestarter are the two S/L. :thumbsup:

TravelinJack
06-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Christine and Firestarter are the two S/L. :thumbsup:

Those will be great! Along with the rest of course.

Lilja
06-02-2017, 01:55 PM
I got this preview of The Cover Collection from Suntup Edition today and let me tell you, they are absolutely beautiful!

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/suntup_cover1.jpg

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/suntup_cover2.jpg

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/suntup_cover3.jpg

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/suntup_cover4.jpg

Lilja

RichardX
06-03-2017, 11:57 AM

Cheers.

Ordered. I went with the small subscription. Thanks again.

zelig
06-05-2017, 06:59 AM
I got this preview of The Cover Collection from Suntup Edition today and let me tell you, they are absolutely beautiful!

Lilja

Thanks Lilja!

Ordered. I went with the small subscription. Thanks again.

Thanks for the order!

zelig
06-05-2017, 07:03 AM
Spent all weekend fulfilling orders for The Covers Collection. All orders will ship out today. If you ordered and did not receive a shipping notice, please let me know.

The Golden Ticket winner was chosen at random. We used a random number generator to select a number within the order # range. I don't recognize the winner as a member of the forum, but they could be. Just don't know for sure. This was a fun part for me, and I can see us doing it again. So if you weren't the lucky recipient, there will be another chance.

Here's a pic of what it looks like.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_0193.JPG

wolfehr
06-05-2017, 07:07 AM
Got my shipping notice and am very excited!

Quick question - I had a portfolio box in the same order as my subscription, but the shipping notice only mentions the subscription. Does that mean the box will be shipping separately, or did it just not show up in the shipping notice?

racerx45
06-05-2017, 07:09 AM
I receive a shipping notice for the first installment of my subscription yesterday! I am really looking forward to these.

I hope the Golden ticket winner is here on the forum, would love to hear their reaction.

zelig
06-05-2017, 07:20 AM
Quick question - I had a portfolio box in the same order as my subscription, but the shipping notice only mentions the subscription. Does that mean the box will be shipping separately, or did it just not show up in the shipping notice?

Hi Heath. The boxes will ship separately as there is a 6-8 week lead time on those. It does state that on the product page, but maybe it wasn't noticeable enough. I made it red now. Thanks for the order.

becca69

Per the site: Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of the Art Folio Box

(Paul was too quick)

zelig
I receive a shipping notice for the first installment of my subscription yesterday! I am really looking forward to these.

I hope the Golden ticket winner is here on the forum, would love to hear their reaction.

I hope so too! Thanks for your order.

zelig
06-05-2017, 07:21 AM

Per the site: Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery of the Art Folio Box

(Paul was too quick)

Great minds!

wolfehr
06-05-2017, 07:23 AM
Oops! I definitely missed that and I take full responsibility. Thanks for the quick response!

For the record, I have no problem with the wait and it makes sense. Just didn't read the product page with enough care in my rush to place the order :)

TravelinJack
06-07-2017, 09:20 AM
Received the Covers Collection package today. Even the custom Suntup tape was awesome. Everything was packed nicely and just overall top shelf. They look fantastic! I put everything back into the nice packaging and box until the archival boxes are done and arrive. Amazing work Paul, incredible to see these in person.

Tommy
06-07-2017, 11:41 AM
Beautiful prints Paul! I somehow missed Rule #4 and immediately went swimming with mine. What do I do???? :panic:

RichardX
06-07-2017, 12:34 PM
I received mine today as well. Very pleased. It's great to actually order something and get it in a reasonable time frame. Keep them coming. What is next?

jsmcmullen92
06-07-2017, 01:11 PM
Pictures?

zelig
06-07-2017, 09:12 PM
Oops! I definitely missed that and I take full responsibility. Thanks for the quick response!

For the record, I have no problem with the wait and it makes sense. Just didn't read the product page with enough care in my rush to place the order :)

All good dude... yes, you were one of the early orders to come in. The first order that came in was at 9:01am. Now that's fast.

Received the Covers Collection package today. Even the custom Suntup tape was awesome. Everything was packed nicely and just overall top shelf. They look fantastic! I put everything back into the nice packaging and box until the archival boxes are done and arrive. Amazing work Paul, incredible to see these in person.

Thank you for the kind words! I'm really happy that you're happy with them.

Beautiful prints Paul! I somehow missed Rule #4 and immediately went swimming with mine. What do I do???? :panic:

Thank you Tommy. Yes, that is a common problem. You're not the first to have taken the prints for a swim before reading the instructions completely. It's easily fixable. Staple the print to the drywall, then get a hair dryer and turn the heat to the max. Then point it at the print for about 10 minutes, moving it up and down as you do. It will be dry in no time. The holes from the staples, you can just put some tape over and you'll be fine.

I received mine today as well. Very pleased. It's great to actually order something and get it in a reasonable time frame. Keep them coming. What is next?

Thanks!! Next is IT. But don't tell anyone.

And there's a twist.

Pictures?

Yes, where are the pictures??

needfulthings
06-08-2017, 02:59 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/4564/3mAVXt.jpg

#1 was gone & so was #19 so I went with.....

and no F about it.
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/5061/Nz0CfI.jpg
and it will look nice when the CUJO print shows up
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/7029/odh43l.jpg
NO DANNY ON A TRIKE HERE:evil:.

wolfehr
06-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Mine arrived today in perfect condition! I ended up with #2. Everything is top notch and of course looks even better in person. Could not be happier with my purchase :)

zelig
06-09-2017, 01:45 PM
Happy to hear you got the prints. Have received nothing but great feedback. Hard at work on the next release for July.

In other news, we are a month away from the release of The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio, and everything is on track.

Here's some behind-the-scenes pictures I thought would be of interest.

The photogravure prints have been completed and are on hand.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/pg_delivery.jpg

And this is a look at an uncut proof sheet of one of the prints that will be included in the Lettered Edition. I've never seen the artwork look this good. They are all printed on beautiful cotton paper and they look and feel amazing. Really happy with the result.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_0219.JPG

TravelinJack
06-09-2017, 01:57 PM
Happy to hear you got the prints. Have received nothing but great feedback. Hard at work on the next release for July.

In other news, we are a month away from the release of The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio, and everything is on track.

Here's some behind-the-scenes pictures I thought would be of interest.

The photogravure prints have been completed and are on hand.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/pg_delivery.jpg

And this is a look at an uncut proof sheet of one of the prints that will be included in the Lettered Edition. I've never seen the artwork look this good. They are all printed on beautiful cotton paper and they look and feel amazing. Really happy with the result.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_0219.JPG

Holy sh!t, look at that quality and clarity. That second pic really shows just how solid of a reproduction that is. Yeesh. Someone else said it before. You keep this up Paul, you are going to find a lot of broke DT'ers. Broke but happy with awesome artwork. :thumbsup:

TravelinJack
06-09-2017, 01:58 PM
Quick question and this was already covered before and I could be very late to the game, but is there also a Firestarter portfolio to coincide with the rebound edition, much like you have here with EoD?

needfulthings
06-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Since there is only one piece of art connected with the 1st Edition Firestarter.... I assume the answer is no.
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8026/9nMiZS.jpg

Randall Flagg
06-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Since there is only one piece of art connected with the 1st Edition Firestarter.... I assume the answer is no.
Never assume.

The artist could have produced numerous pieces, yet only one was chosen for the cover-obviously.

Suntup is digging out unseen art. Even more than Centipede Press did for Knowing Darkness.

Rather than be negative, celebrate the positive. Paul got off his ass and contacted artists that few can dream of doing.

Dragon Rebound and Suntup are doing the most amazing things, at an unparalleled production level.

The only negative I can think of is the debit to my account for buying them all.

zelig
06-09-2017, 02:32 PM
Correct, there is no Firestarter portfolio. There is a small 6x9 print that will be included with the custom bound book and the original remarques that Steve did which will be bound into the book.

There will be a Covers Collection edition of the Firestarter art. :smile:

TravelinJack
06-09-2017, 02:38 PM
All very good!

zelig
06-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Talking about unseen art, watch for next month's print!

In terms of Firestarter, I know of a sketch that was done which has never seen the light of day. At least not outside the publisher. And of course, there are the two eye color versions. Interesting thing is, on the original art, the eyes are blue, not green like on the cover. They started out green, and then for the paperback were changed to blue, but they were changed on the original. So no original exists with green eyes.

needfulthings
06-09-2017, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=needfulthings;1063836]Since there is only one piece of art connected with the 1st Edition Firestarter.... I assume the answer is no.
Never assume

The only negative I can think of is the debit to my account for buying them all.:cry:

GIVE ME A BREAK!:lol:

needfulthings
06-09-2017, 03:04 PM

In terms of Firestarter, I know of a sketch that was done which has never seen the light of day. At least not outside the publisher. And of course, there are the two eye color versions. Interesting thing is, on the original art, the eyes are blue, not green like on the cover. They started out green, and then for the paperback were changed to blue, but they were changed on the original. So no original exists with green eyes.
:evil: It exists...Just covered over with blue.

zelig
06-09-2017, 03:07 PM

:evil: It exists...Just covered over with blue.

That's a good point.

zelig
06-09-2017, 03:11 PM
Dragon Rebound and Suntup are doing the most amazing things, at an unparalleled production level.

Jerome, thanks for the kind words... Wait 'till you all see what I have planned for the next custom-bound book.

stroppygoblin
06-09-2017, 03:12 PM

Jerome, thanks for the kind words... Wait 'till you all see what I have planned for the next custom-bound book.

My Wallet just wimpered....

Tommy
06-09-2017, 03:14 PM
I'm going to have to start selling drugs to pay for my book habit. :dance:

ICry4Oy
06-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Anyone wanna buy a 60+ yo kidney?

jsmcmullen92
06-09-2017, 05:32 PM

I think I know what it is. Not sure if it was a public email or not so I won't say here but I'm pumped

stroppygoblin
06-10-2017, 04:21 AM
Ideas that didn't quite make it to production...

Rebound IT with actual iron Derry Sewer grate as front cover
Cujo - Bound in real St Bernard Fur
Christine - slipcase is made of metal hammered out of the rear door of a 1958 Plymouth Fury

zelig
06-10-2017, 05:45 AM
Ideas that didn't quite make it to production...

Rebound IT with actual iron Derry Sewer grate as front cover
Cujo - Bound in real St Bernard Fur
Christine - slipcase is made of metal hammered out of the rear door of a 1958 Plymouth Fury

hmmm.

zelig
06-10-2017, 05:47 AM
Here you go. Picture was provided by Steven Stroud. This is the Firestarter sketch with the cover mockup.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_4405.JPG

Randall Flagg
06-10-2017, 09:40 AM
So cool. Thanks.

needfulthings
06-10-2017, 10:14 AM
I BELIEVE WE HAVE FOUND THE FACE THAT GOES WITH THE EYES?
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9284/vtRJnh.jpg

zelig
06-11-2017, 08:16 AM
Here's a picture of the original courtesy of Steven Stroud. Not for sale, but nice to know it exists.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_3986.jpg

TravelinJack
06-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Here's a picture of the original courtesy of Steven Stroud. Not for sale, but nice to know it exists.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_3986.jpg

Very cool!

webstar1000
06-11-2017, 08:52 AM
So amazing! Wow

wolfehr
06-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Stunning! It's hard to stop looking at it :)

ICry4Oy
06-11-2017, 09:06 AM
Do you have a wish date release of the Firestarter?

Yes. I actually just got off the phone with Jim who is making the boards. I don't typically set official 'release dates' for the custom bound books, but right now the Firestarters should be done around July as well. The boards need to be air dried and not kiln dried, so the drying process takes longer. We're getting there. Everything else is lined up and ready to go.

Did we ever get a look at the custom handmade traycase? Still hoping for July? :excited:

ICry4Oy
06-11-2017, 09:41 AM
Tried to edit but my screen just goes blank......so.....I forgot there is a Firestarter Rebound thread and see it was delayed for about 3 months back in may....sorry!

zelig
06-11-2017, 09:42 AM
Do you have a wish date release of the Firestarter?

Yes. I actually just got off the phone with Jim who is making the boards. I don't typically set official 'release dates' for the custom bound books, but right now the Firestarters should be done around July as well. The boards need to be air dried and not kiln dried, so the drying process takes longer. We're getting there. Everything else is lined up and ready to go.

Did we ever get a look at the custom handmade traycase? Still hoping for July? :excited:

Thanks for checking. I posted a reply here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?20770-Firestarter-Rebound-Edition&p=1064016&viewfull=1#post1064016) in the Firestarter thread.

zelig
06-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Tried to edit but my screen just goes blank......so.....I forgot there is a Firestarter Rebound thread and see it was delayed for about 3 months back in may....sorry!

Just saw this now, after I responded.

zelig
06-12-2017, 05:47 PM
Another behind-the-scenes peek for you. Things are starting to get a little crazy over here. After almost a year of planning, it is all coming together. Some of the key elements of The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio have started to show up, as the release date of July 7th approaches. I set that date early on, and made a commitment to stick to it, and right now everything is on track. Today I received a delivery of the prints for the numbered edition. It's all on a pallet weighing 500lbs.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_0242.JPG

TravelinJack
06-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Excellent.

racerx45
06-12-2017, 09:03 PM
Sweet!

webstar1000
06-13-2017, 03:38 AM
Another behind-the-scenes peek for you. Things are starting to get a little crazy over here. After almost a year of planning, it is all coming together. Some of the key elements of The Eyes of the Dragon Art Portfolio have started to show up, as the release date of July 7th approaches. I set that date early on, and made a commitment to stick to it, and right now everything is on track. Today I received a delivery of the prints for the numbered edition. It's all on a pallet weighing 500lbs.

I have seen that a time or two here at the office:)

Brian861
06-13-2017, 04:36 AM

Heavy, dude :emot-cthulhu:

Randall Flagg
06-13-2017, 05:57 AM
Received these courtesy of Suntup Press:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1497362081-Pet%20Sematary%20cover%20art%20proof.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1497362094-Misery%20Cover%20art%20proof.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1497362105-Shining%20cover%20art%20out%20of%20series%20print. JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1497362117-Sutup%20PR%20for%20cover%20art.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1497362125-Suntup%20PR%20funny%20page.JPG

AstroDad
06-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Got home from traveling and was excited to find my Suntup package! Love the prints and only wish I had more wall space. I am trying to work out replacing a full bookcase with a sideboard/buffet to get some wallspace to display these prints. Priorities.

ETA: Oh, and I requested a single digit number and got #5 if anyone is keeping track. Thanks Paul!

shaq
06-14-2017, 01:23 PM
They look stunning. Congratulation.

wolfehr
06-15-2017, 08:14 AM
Just received the newsletter for the next print. Needless to say I'm VERY excited :)

IT Fine Art Print (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-for-subscribers/products/it-fine-art-print?variant=42541351562)
IT Poster (https://shop.suntup.press/products/it-poster?utm_source=Suntup+Editions&utm_campaign=496c95a60c-&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_447f8dd321-496c95a60c-447316409&mc_cid=496c95a60c&mc_eid=a277a72a4e&variant=43023857226)

webstar1000
06-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Look closely at the print... that is what is bad ass. Paul can give more insight but that was an original cover that Bob wanted to use!!!!

stroppygoblin
06-15-2017, 08:24 AM
Would love to hear the story behind this one Paul, not just the details of the required changes, but on how you found out about the original and got agreement to use it.

racerx45
06-15-2017, 08:45 AM
I love the original art versus what was used on the book. Hard to imagine that such an iconic and great cover was not as good as it could have been. Thanks Paul for bringing this to light and sharing it with all of us.

zelig
06-15-2017, 09:13 AM
Got home from traveling and was excited to find my Suntup package! Love the prints and only wish I had more wall space. I am trying to work out replacing a full bookcase with a sideboard/buffet to get some wallspace to display these prints. Priorities.

ETA: Oh, and I requested a single digit number and got #5 if anyone is keeping track. Thanks Paul!

Good to hear James, enjoy! And good luck with finding the wall space!

They look stunning. Congratulation.

Thank you!

Would love to hear the story behind this one Paul, not just the details of the required changes, but on how you found out about the original and got agreement to use it.

Simon, I had to go back to my notes. Thankfully, I documented the discussion. How I found out about it isn't too exciting. I had asked Bob to send me a hi-res scan or transparency of the original so I could reproduce it. These prints really look best when reproduced from a scan or film of the original. Taking a scan of the cover obviously doesn't really work.

Anyway, they sent me the file, and when I opened it, I noticed the difference. So I asked, and Bob had forgotten because it was so long ago, but seeing the two versions jogged his memory and then he told me the story behind it. The nice thing was that this version has always been his favorite, and he was really pleased that it was now going to be seen by more people.

There isn't much more about why the changes were requested. Bob just said they asked him to make the claw bigger, and obviously remove the oil slick. They also darkened the image and changed the coloring. The water is also way more detailed in this version.

As to how I got his agreement to use it, I just charmed them with my accent.

I love the original art versus what was used on the book. Hard to imagine that such an iconic and great cover was not as good as it could have been. Thanks Paul for bringing this to light and sharing it with all of us.

Sure, you're welcome!

T-Dogz_AK47
06-15-2017, 09:15 AM
It's a shame this art print is not being remarqued by the artist. I would have pulled the trigger on these if it had... :cry:

webstar1000
06-15-2017, 09:26 AM
It's a shame this art print is not being remarqued by the artist. I would have pulled the trigger on these if it had... :cry:

Bob, just WILL NOT do it. Just won't.... very Bernie Wrightson in this regard...

Ari_Racing
06-16-2017, 12:35 PM
I'm speechless by this project. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me hang more on the walls, because my study is already full with bookcases. :D

I agree that a remarque by Bob Giusti would be incredible!

The Library Policeman
06-16-2017, 01:04 PM
Just made my first purchase from Suntup Press.

I'm excited :D

RichardX
06-16-2017, 01:13 PM
If you are a subscriber and want to order some but not all framed, how does that process work? For example, with the upcoming IT release, is there a chance to see the framing options and make a request before the subscription for that month is processed? Sorry if that is answered somewhere but I could not find it.

zelig
06-16-2017, 05:53 PM
I'm speechless by this project. I'm trying to convince my wife to let me hang more on the walls, because my study is already full with bookcases. :D

I agree that a remarque by Bob Giusti would be incredible!

Thanks Ari. If I can render someone speechless, I guess I've done something right...

Just made my first purchase from Suntup Press.

I'm excited :D

Alan, thanks for the order! I appreciate the support. It will ship on release day.

If you are a subscriber and want to order some but not all framed, how does that process work? For example, with the upcoming IT release, is there a chance to see the framing options and make a request before the subscription for that month is processed? Sorry if that is answered somewhere but I could not find it.

Hi Richard, thanks for the question. So by default, none of the prints are shipped framed. A single print, or a subscription order will get you the unframed prints. How it works is that as a subscriber, you will receive an email on the 15th of every month showing you the next print in the series. In that email you will be provided with a link to upgrade the print to a framed option if you would like. So subscribers are given an option to upgrade each print in the series before they are released.

With regard to seeing the framing options, those are all shown on the individual product page. For example, for the upcoming IT print, you can scroll down the page to see the images, or simply select the framed option from the drop down, and the image on the left will change to the option you selected.

Here's a link to the IT product page:

IT Fine Art Print (https://shop.suntup.press/collections/the-covers-collection-for-subscribers/products/it-fine-art-print)

jsweet
06-19-2017, 11:59 AM
I received my cover collection today. Very nice prints. But I have to ask a stupid question -- is the Shining print signed in a different spot than the others? I'm not seeing a signature on it. Apologize for the link, but not having any luck uploading the photo.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By8kgzE2ZrznemNLS05OWmcxbzA/view?usp=sharing

zelig
06-19-2017, 12:43 PM
I received my cover collection today. Very nice prints. But I have to ask a stupid question -- is the Shining print signed in a different spot than the others? I'm not seeing a signature on it. Apologize for the link, but not having any luck uploading the photo.

Yikes! That shouldn't be. Looks like you got an unsigned copy. Very rare!

Apologies for that! I will have a replacement sent out to you today.

jsweet
06-19-2017, 01:58 PM

No problem. Thanks for the quick response. I was sitting there looking at it thinking I must be missing something :)

zelig
06-19-2017, 02:35 PM

No problem. Thanks for the quick response. I was sitting there looking at it thinking I must be missing something :)

The replacement has been shipped via FedEx 2-Day. You will receive an email with the tracking #. Apologies again for the oversight. ;-)

zelig
06-28-2017, 01:55 PM
Note to self: don't forget to put the signature sheets in the box for the EOTD portfolio.

racerx45
06-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Note to self: don't forget to put the signature sheets in the box for the EOTD portfolio.

So are you telling us these are shipping soonish? :excited:

zelig
06-28-2017, 04:01 PM

So are you telling us these are shipping soonish? :excited:

Yep, that is correct. I'm really pleased that I was able to meet my original publication deadline of July 7th. It will be published on that day. Shipping will start then, and those who ordered will receive a shipping notification.

Everything is a little crazy here right now. I have pallets and boxes everywhere. Today we collated the lettered edition prints (and I only got half-way before I realized I forgot the signature sheets, so everything is under control. The important thing is not to panic. I could have shipped them all and then realized!)

wolfehr
06-28-2017, 05:13 PM
Best of luck getting across the home stretch Paul! Agree it's best to keep a clear head and not panic. I know everything is in good hands and will turn out fine :)

zelig
06-29-2017, 10:59 AM
Best of luck getting across the home stretch Paul! Agree it's best to keep a clear head and not panic. I know everything is in good hands and will turn out fine :)

Thanks Heath.

I want to post some pics, but would also prefer to wait until everyone has them in hand so it's more of a surprise. And I still need to do a more professional photoshoot which will happen soon.

I'm currently assembling the Lettered editions, and I'm thankful there are only 26 letters in the alphabet. Putting these together is intense. Anyway, here's just two little teaser pics. The finished box with all the contents weighs in at just over 7lbs.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_0338.jpg

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/IMG_0349.JPG

needfulthings
06-29-2017, 12:11 PM
:drool: :emot-roflolmao::excited::clap:

HOW SWEET IT IS!
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/733/FtZzKc.jpg

AstroDad
06-30-2017, 09:10 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fWqX3w4.jpg

jreitan47
06-30-2017, 11:52 AM
Paul at Suntup Editions has graciously donated an Artist Proof copy of the Pet Sematary print (limited to only 10 copies and signed by the artist) to my annual AIDS fund. The auction is up now. I started it with a low price, hoping to get some generous bids. THANK YOU PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/263064873124

Roseannebarr
06-30-2017, 11:58 AM
Paul at Suntup Editions has graciously donated an Artist Proof copy of the Pet Sematary print (limited to only 10 copies and signed by the artist) to my annual AIDS fund. The auction is up now. I started it with a low price, hoping to get some generous bids. THANK YOU PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bid placed. :)

jreitan47
06-30-2017, 12:03 PM
Many thanks kind sir!

becca69
06-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Paul is the best!

jreitan47
06-30-2017, 01:20 PM
Paul is the best!

He really is pretty freaking amazing! Not only because this auction will bring in some good money for our charities this year, but he's so easy and cool to work with! He was the first person I bought books from here when I rejoined the boards a couple years ago and he's always been great to work with.

becca69
06-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Yep. He's not too bad to work with :ninja:

Brian861
06-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Yep. He's not too bad to work with :ninja:

Yea, he'll do in a pinch :smile_002:

Brian861
06-30-2017, 03:01 PM

Very cool of Paul! Jonathan, excuse the hijack, Paul, will you be linking the other items you're auctioning for the annual fund elsewhere?

zelig
06-30-2017, 08:18 PM
So when I need a pick-me-up, I will be sure to check in here. Thanks y'all for saying such nice things.

Jonathan, you're welcome. Brian, right now nothing else is being auctioned. I have already donated a few items to the HF fundraiser, unless I'm not following ya.

There is a cool unboxing contest coming up and I'm expecting to see some videos from forum members. Will post details when I'm more awake. Been packing boxes all day long.

Br!an
07-01-2017, 04:14 AM
There is a cool unboxing contest coming up and I'm expecting to see some videos from forum members. Will post details when I'm more awake. Been packing boxes all day long.

I'm not on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Does that mean I can't enter?

I suppose I could sign up for Twitter. :orely:

Tommy
07-01-2017, 04:54 AM

I suppose I could sign up for Twitter. :orely:

All the cool kids do it. :cool:

needfulthings
07-01-2017, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=zelig;1066724]

LOOKS LIKE US OLD DOGS ARE BEING LEFT OUTSIDE THIS TIME AROUND?
http://imageshack.com/a/img924/9435/1JZepO.jpg

zelig
07-01-2017, 10:39 AM
Would never exclude you all from things like that! Absolutely you can enter.

Will post details soon.