PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

webstar1000
01-16-2019, 09:17 AM
The lettered rocks.... literally rocks like a baby's bassinet. I cannot believe it.

MikeDuke
Wow. I can not believe this book. Both ed look insanely good. I will so happy to add this to my growing Suntup collection. And getting Jordan Peel to sign is really cool also. I am just so excited now.

Dr. Dawg
What it an eye from the cover of the lettered edition?

Never mind, I should refresh before I post...

webstar1000
01-16-2019, 09:18 AM
What it an eye from the cover of the lettered edition?

yep

firemonkey66
01-16-2019, 09:19 AM
Now that the cat's out of the bag, Paul, what were you holding up in the video?

Here you go!

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/IMG_6102.jpg

hahaha, nobody was ever going to guess that:) well played!

Dr. Dawg
01-16-2019, 09:22 AM
So, now there are TWO Suntup Editions dropping this summer!

Patrick
01-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Looking forward to ordering my copy!

ICry4Oy
01-16-2019, 09:29 AM
So if I were to not order this does that mean I would lose all rights to my number?

webstar1000
01-16-2019, 09:30 AM
So if I were to not order this does that mean I would lose all rights to my number?

I can say that would be a yes:(

becca69
01-16-2019, 09:33 AM

You would loose rights to the non-SK books, yes.

zelig
01-16-2019, 09:38 AM
By the way, this was another easter egg on the teaser video. The scene that is panning across the tiles, it spells out "J PEELE". It's between 00:12 - 00:14 on the trailer video.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Screenshot-2019-01-16-at-9.36.23-AM.jpg

MikeDuke
01-16-2019, 09:42 AM
Nice. You really know how to do a great setup and product Paul.

Patrick
01-16-2019, 10:02 AM
By the way, this was another easter egg on the teaser video. The scene that is panning across the tiles, it spells out "J PEELE". It's between 00:12 - 00:14 on the trailer video.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Screenshot-2019-01-16-at-9.36.23-AM.jpg
Good one!

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-16-2019, 10:25 AM
I never read this book. Does this have anything to do with Woody Allen?

zelig
01-16-2019, 10:29 AM
Private pre-order links will start to go out now.

Beverly Marsh
01-16-2019, 10:30 AM
I knew this thread would be blowing up! WOW. What a beauty this is gonna be. And I LOVE that Jordan Peele is involved(hope you share how that conversation went Paul!)as I absolutely loved Get Out and US looks awesome. He is definitely a huge(Oscar winning)up and comer in the horror community.
But I digress.....that book :lovely:
I don't know if I'll end up with one but for those that do, congratulations!

swintek
01-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Paul, looks like another beautiful book! One question- any plans for a gift edition on this one?

zelig
01-16-2019, 10:37 AM
Paul, looks like another beautiful book! One question- any plans for a gift edition on this one?

Thanks Ron. No GE for this one.

St. Troy
01-16-2019, 10:41 AM
Looks tremendous, as always.

St. Troy
01-16-2019, 10:45 AM
http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/IMG_6102.jpg

Looks cool - but what does the Eye of Sauron have to do with Rosemary's Baby? :rolleyes3:

Dr. Dawg
01-16-2019, 10:47 AM
Order placed!

St. Troy
01-16-2019, 10:50 AM
I never read this book. Does this have anything to do with Woody Allen?

Well, they both involve unsettling circumstances for children.

I haven't read RB, but from what I've heard, while it is creepy, it's not Woody Allen creepy.

firemonkey66
01-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Paul/Becca, this may sound like a stupid question, but does the bassinet actually rock? Meaning if you tilt one side up and let it go, will it swing back and forth until loss of momentum makes it stop?

webstar1000
01-16-2019, 10:53 AM
Paul/Becca, this may sound like a stupid question, but does the bassinet actually rock? Meaning if you tilt one side up and let it go, will it swing back and forth until loss of momentum makes it stop?

That is the way it looks in the video!

Brian861
01-16-2019, 10:59 AM
Huge congrats, Paul on your latest accomplishment. I listened to this novel for the first time last year and loved it. Very deserving of the Suntup treatment. And just as excited to have Peele sign it. My son brought him to my attention years ago and I've been a huge fan every since.

becca69
01-16-2019, 11:02 AM

Yes, or your hand could do the trick :orely:

RC65
01-16-2019, 11:07 AM
The lettered is beyond cool...I have the Easton HC that's signed by Levin so I'll need to step aside and let others have at both editions, but what an outstanding production for those who need a deluxe copy. Great, too, to see Levin's name pop up in the collecting community...hopefully it'll get folks to check out some of his other books as well, as his body of work is well worth reading.

zelig
01-16-2019, 11:14 AM

That's the plan. As to how 'loose' it will be, we'll see further into production.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-16-2019, 11:14 AM
Dibs on the Sauron's eye baby paperweight.

St. Troy
01-16-2019, 11:41 AM

By which I mean to say:
- that cloth
- that leather
- that crucifix

...want to touch... :drool:

I would say "sweet Jesus," but that would be inaccurate.

zelig
01-16-2019, 11:50 AM

By which I mean to say:
- that cloth
- that leather
- that crucifix

...want to touch... :drool:

I would say "sweet Jesus," but that would be inaccurate.

We're having the silver crosses made custom, with special slits to allow the silk ribbon to be threaded through it. This one will be fun to make. ;-)

Room 217 Caretaker
01-16-2019, 12:11 PM
The "Devils" in the details.

Nicely done!

Mulleins

T-Dogz_AK47
01-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Congratulations Paul! It looks absolutely stellar!!! :clap::clap::excited:

Munnecom
01-16-2019, 12:36 PM
I have two questions about the numbered edition.

First, what is the crucifix on the front made of? Is it stamped on in silver foil?

Second, the description says the slipcase will also be foil stamped, but the images only show a blank black surface. Will there be anything on the front of the slipcase, or will there only be printing on the spine?

I like to display these kinds of books with the front facing out, that’s why I ask.

firemonkey66
01-16-2019, 12:41 PM

That's the plan. As to how 'loose' it will be, we'll see further into production.

Ahhhhh, I see. I can’t wait:) I own the signed limited of RB, but it’s basically a toilet book compared to this production!

Roseannebarr
01-16-2019, 01:23 PM
No gift edition??? I want to read the book now! Do the scrabble pieces appear in the book as well??

zelig
01-16-2019, 01:40 PM
I have two questions about the numbered edition.

First, what is the crucifix on the front made of? Is it stamped on in silver foil?

Second, the description says the slipcase will also be foil stamped, but the images only show a blank black surface. Will there be anything on the front of the slipcase, or will there only be printing on the spine?

I like to display these kinds of books with the front facing out, that’s why I ask.

The crucifix on the front cover of the Limited is foil stamped on the cloth, yes.

As for the slipcase, this is the preliminary concept for the stamping. Spine only at this point.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/slipcase.jpg

No gift edition??? I want to read the book now! Do the scrabble pieces appear in the book as well??

Not for this one, nope. And yes the scrabble pieces appear in the novel.

zelig
01-16-2019, 01:42 PM
And of course, THANK YOU all for your kind words. I am very pleased that you like this release.

Merlin1958
01-16-2019, 01:43 PM
Wow!!!! A book that rocks like a cradle with a cross and signature from Comedy Central for a mere $4k? Can't wait!!!!!!

:lol1:

St. Troy
01-16-2019, 01:47 PM
The artwork looks great. I Googled Richey Beckett; he does very nice work indeed.

Another edition which isn't simply quality, but also special, designed around the work itself (as opposed to simply slapping some leather and gilt together (as nice as that is)).

louis2003b
01-16-2019, 01:49 PM
Wow!!!! A book that rocks like a cradle with a cross and signature from Comedy Central for a mere $4k? Can't wait!!!!!!

lmao!!

Shannon
01-16-2019, 02:01 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Merlin1958 again."

Roseannebarr
01-16-2019, 02:10 PM
And of course, THANK YOU all for your kind words. I am very pleased that you like this release.

Well done! PS you should go into making movies. The commercial was AWESOME.

zelig
01-16-2019, 02:22 PM

Well done! PS you should go into making movies. The commercial was AWESOME.

They are fun to make. A lot of editing behind the scenes.

Munnecom
01-16-2019, 02:39 PM
The crucifix on the front cover of the Limited is foil stamped on the cloth, yes.

As for the slipcase, this is the preliminary concept for the stamping. Spine only at this point.

Thank you for that answer. Like with the axe and the keyhole (sorry, escutcheon), I like the simplicity of the design.

How about a foil-stamped, blood diamond-encrusted, glow-in-the-dark bassinet with a battery-powered speaker that emits the sound of a crying baby every hour for the front of this slipcase? I have other ideas if you’re interested...

Merlin1958
01-16-2019, 02:49 PM

Thank you for that answer. Like with the axe and the keyhole (sorry, escutcheon), I like the simplicity of the design.

How about a foil-stamped, blood diamond-encrusted, glow-in-the-dark bassinet with a battery-powered speaker that emits the sound of a crying baby every hour for the front of this slipcase? I have other ideas if you’re interested...

Or add some Gingham shelf paper?

Hunchback Jack
01-16-2019, 03:37 PM
I have no outrageous design suggestions, so I'll just say congratulations to Paul and team on another great announcement.

(My numbered edition is already ordered)

HBJ

bdwyer19
01-16-2019, 03:39 PM
Looks great, Paul! Congratulations!

Patrick
01-16-2019, 04:02 PM
You guys can scrutinize and debate the details. It’s always entertaining. In the meantime, I ordered my copy.

Merlin1958
01-16-2019, 04:05 PM
To whomever sent me negative rep and didn't leave a name, thanks for being a dick and I have no obligation to support someone here despite what you may think. Additionally, believe it or not, but I too am entitled to an opinion. Also, you're better than cowardly ridicule yourself whomever you are.

MikeDuke
01-16-2019, 04:15 PM
Ordered mine earlier today.

Patrick
01-16-2019, 04:34 PM
To whomever sent me negative rep and didn't leave a name, thanks for being a dick and I have no obligation to support someone here despite what you may think. Additionally, believe it or not, but I too am entitled to an opinion. Also, you're better than cowardly ridicule yourself whomever you are.
From the perspective of someone who enthusiastically ordered the book, I thought your use of a smiley emoticon communicated you were making a joke. All in good humor and I’m sure it won’t affect sales whatsoever.

Merlin1958
01-16-2019, 04:39 PM
From the perspective of someone who enthusiastically ordered the book, I thought your use of a smiley emoticon communicated you were making a joke. All in good humor and I’m sure it won’t affect sales whatsoever.

The neg rep had no smiley. I understand most people love it and that's great for them, but that doesn't negate my right to have a differing opinion and not be chastised for it. I actually received several positive rep pts before the negative one. Negative rep ain't funny. Of course that's apparently just another of my unapproved of opinions.

Patrick
01-16-2019, 04:46 PM

The neg rep had no smiley. I understand most people love it and that's great for them, but that doesn't negate my right to have a differing opinion and not be chastised for it. I actually received several positive rep pts before the negative one. Negative rep ain't funny. Of course that's apparently just another of my unapproved of opinions.
Bill, I was talking about your post, not the feedback.

firemonkey66
01-16-2019, 04:51 PM
Order is in! I can’t wait to see this monster in person:) I love the concept/design of the lettered. It truly reflects the story. And the numbered ain’t half bad either:)

Merlin1958
01-16-2019, 05:02 PM

Bill, I was talking about your post, not the feedback.

I know Paddy. I was just still miffed about the rep and used your post as a soapbox. You know I still love ya, you crazy cat!!!!

And here's a smiley just for you!!! lol

lotuz
01-16-2019, 05:03 PM
I really like the addition of Jordan Peele to this project!

Very cool to have someone who was inspired by this work do the intro, and even cooler that the person is an Academy Award winner who recently made a fantastic entrance into the horror genre.

Also, in a fortunate coincidence, as a Christmas gift (that actually just arrived earlier this week) my wife bought me a wood-backed print of the Polish movie poster designed by Andrzej Pagowski:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/IMG_8475.jpg

Can't wait :onfire:

zelig
01-16-2019, 05:37 PM
I have no outrageous design suggestions, so I'll just say congratulations to Paul and team on another great announcement.

(My numbered edition is already ordered)

HBJ

Looks great, Paul! Congratulations!

Thanks HBJ, Brian. Appreciate that.

Frondz
01-16-2019, 09:02 PM
Very much looking forward to this book, Paul. The reveal made me have to dig up my favorite rendition of the movie theme. Check it out and if you enjoy, I wholly recommend the rest of the album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzcnGxoQ9gI

zelig
01-17-2019, 11:20 AM
Very much looking forward to this book, Paul. The reveal made me have to dig up my favorite rendition of the movie theme. Check it out and if you enjoy, I wholly recommend the rest of the album.

This is cool.

Brian861
01-17-2019, 11:21 AM

This is cool.

And super creepy :scared:

louis2003b
01-18-2019, 09:45 AM

If I had any idea how to leave you positive rep I would. Your comment was hilarious and absolutely correct. 4k and $700 for a book signed by Jordan Peele is almost as funny as your comment.

Priest
01-18-2019, 09:57 AM
If someone wants a matching set Horns/Rosmarie leave me a message quick

ICry4Oy
01-18-2019, 10:16 AM
If someone wants a matching set Horns/Rosmarie leave me a message quick

https://cdn1.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/landscape_928x523/2017/10/rose_marie_1970_8-h_2017.jpg

jeffingoff
01-18-2019, 10:30 AM

If I had any idea how to leave you positive rep I would. Your comment was hilarious and absolutely correct. 4k and $700 for a book signed by Jordan Peele is almost as funny as your comment.

I don't get this sniping. Either buy it or don't. I didn't see Get Out but Peele won an Oscar for it. Why scoff at that?

Ari_Racing
01-18-2019, 11:05 AM
It looks amazing, Paul. Congratulations once again!

MikeDuke
01-18-2019, 11:08 AM
Agree Ari. I am excited to get this one. Loved the movie. When I saw it I was blown away by it. I am looking forward to reading the book once I finish some others first.

Brian861
01-18-2019, 11:11 AM

I don't get this sniping. Either buy it or don't. I didn't see Get Out but Peele won an Oscar for it. Why scoff at that?

And yet they will sell out. Amazing :o

I agree, Jeff. But I guess when you start a thread for folks to support and appreciate your work, it opens the door for naysayers and the like. I mean, my god! You'd think Paul is asking for kidneys and whatnot. I even got chastised on the CD forum for supporting Paul. I fully support your Buy It or Don't campaign, Jeff. It's simple, efficient, and the people get what they want and not what they don't want. Maybe you should run for office.

On a side note; you should really checkout Get Out. Great flick.

jeffingoff
01-18-2019, 11:18 AM

I agree, Jeff. But I guess when you start a thread for folks to support and appreciate your work, it opens the door for naysayers and the like. I mean, my god! You'd think Paul is asking for kidneys and whatnot. I even got chastised on the CD forum for supporting Paul. I fully support your Buy It or Don't campaign, Jeff. It's simple, efficient, and the people get what they want and not what they don't want. Maybe you should run for office.

DO NOT VOTE FOR ME, EVER.

Get Out is on the long list of movies I really need/want to see. I'll get to it someday.

I also understand that this is a place for opinions. And everyone should be able to say what they think. There are just ways to go about it without tearing down someone's creative project. I'd really like to know what anyone has against Jordan Peele's signature. I mean, it's not like he's going to get Levin's signature. So he was able to score an acclaimed director's signature and intro. Sounds like a win to me. And I don't know if Peele has a connection (personal or professional) to the work, but I'd be happy to find out. And the book looks stunning. Why gripe?

MLG
01-18-2019, 11:27 AM

DO NOT VOTE FOR ME, EVER.

Get Out is on the long list of movies I really need/want to see. I'll get to it someday.

I also understand that this is a place for opinions. And everyone should be able to say what they think. There are just ways to go about it without tearing down someone's creative project. I'd really like to know what anyone has against Jordan Peele's signature. I mean, it's not like he's going to get Levin's signature. So he was able to score an acclaimed director's signature and intro. Sounds like a win to me. And I don't know if Peele has a connection (personal or professional) to the work, but I'd be happy to find out. And the book looks stunning. Why gripe?

I promise not to vote for you!

My wife loved Get Out, I thought it was just OK. I consider it a dark comedy and not a horror movie.

I believe Mr. Peele stated that Rosemary's Baby heavily influenced Get Out. I actually would be very interested in reading his contribution to this book as things like that interest me.

WeDealInLead
01-18-2019, 12:05 PM
Jeffingoff and Brian,

No one here has been disrespectful. I think people are actually holding back any negative opinions they might have because Paul posts here and is a long-time member of the board. Have you seen how people on here really dig into subterranean, CD, PS etc? Or Chadbourne? Shit gets wild and some of those people do post here.

Get Out was a fine film but Peele's signature doesn't even register as a selling point here.

"Naysayers and the like." LOL.

jeffingoff
01-18-2019, 12:25 PM
Jeffingoff and Brian,

No one here has been disrespectful. I think people are actually holding back any negative opinions they might have because Paul posts here and is a long-time member of the board. Have you seen how people on here really dig into subterranean, CD, PS etc? Or Chadbourne? Shit gets wild and some of those people do post here.

Get Out was a fine film but Peele's signature doesn't even register as a selling point here.

Yeah I know "shit gets wild" but it doesn't mean I'm a fan of the way anyone gets dragged on here. Just a difference in the way people handle themselves I guess.

St. Troy
01-18-2019, 12:32 PM
I haven't bought anything from Suntup yet and don't know when I will, but between seeing pictures, watching the videos, seeing all the stuff online (I just perused the RB prospectus), man, I am getting high off the fumes big time.

I hate to be repetitive, but keep it up!

St. Troy
01-18-2019, 12:35 PM
Speaking of prospectuses, I see there wasn't one for Misery (or at least not one that I see on the website now) - was there one?

(Yes, I'm downloading these babies - it's as close as I'll come to having them).

St. Troy
01-18-2019, 12:42 PM
Maybe I shouldn't bother, but...was this comment:

...actually a criticism?

I thought Merlin was being funny, by doing two things I considered openly ridiculous (therefore: humor):

- characterizing the Peele signature as a major driver of the $4k price tag

- characterizing Peele as merely some guy "from Comedy Central"

Perhaps others see criticism where it isn't, or perhaps Merlin was serious and I was/am too clueless to see it - at this point, I can't tell.

becca69
01-18-2019, 12:54 PM
Speaking of prospectuses, I see there wasn't one for Misery (or at least not one that I see on the website now) - was there one?

(Yes, I'm downloading these babies - it's as close as I'll come to having them).

It's available under the Media links: https://suntup.press/media/

St. Troy
01-18-2019, 12:57 PM
Thanks!

Priest
01-18-2019, 01:59 PM
Maybe I shouldn't bother, but...was this comment:

...actually a criticism?

I thought Merlin was being funny, by doing two things I considered openly ridiculous (therefore: humor):

- characterizing the Peele signature as a major driver of the $4k price tag

- characterizing Peele as merely some guy "from Comedy Central"

Perhaps others see criticism where it isn't, or perhaps Merlin was serious and I was/am too clueless to see it - at this point, I can't tell.

I think the term you are looking for is sarcasm ;)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

zelig
01-18-2019, 02:10 PM
I think people are actually holding back any negative opinions they might have because Paul posts here and is a long-time member of the board.

This is a good point. For the record, I am always open to constructive feedback and/or critique. My feeling is this: I don’t just make these books for me. I make them for you. When we receive feedback, be it positive or negative, I do my best to make a note of it and apply it to future releases. People should not feel that they need to censor themselves because I'm a member here, etc. If anyone has something meaningful to share, you can do so here or privately by submitting the form on the Suntup contact page (or sending an email to the address provided on that page.) Every email received is read and responded to. The only thing I ask is that the feedback be constructive. If all you're up for is slinging mud, have at it. I just don't respond to that sort of thing.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-18-2019, 02:51 PM
Gee, I was going to cut Jordan's autograph out, frame it, and throw the book away.

Maybe I'll think about this a bit more.

MikeDuke
01-18-2019, 06:08 PM
Just keep on what you are doing Paul. Is it sad that the prices are so high for lettered books that are not signed by the author. I don't know. I don't (can't) make these books. I happen to like these books. If they are signed by the author or not. But I can see where people question why the price is so high for u signed books. But I have seen other unsigned lettered books that are priced high as well so I don't get the issue here. Maybe it's just me. But I am excited to get the books I ordered so far.

firemonkey66
01-18-2019, 06:55 PM
Personally, I’m unconcerned with what people think about the price and who signed it. Ira Levin is dead, so it is what it is. This book brings the climax of this classic novel to life. When that baby opens it’s eyes for the first time, Christ what a crescendo to a great story. It’s the construction of the book and the bassinet that makes the book expensive, not Jordan Peele’s new introduction and signature, that’s just a bonus. If a lettered regulators without a signed check went up for sale, it would fetch at least 4K, and that production is far less imaginative and not even close to being as good of a story. The design of this book is exciting, not just because it is cool as hell, and an incredible homage to one of the best horror books of all time, but because it foreshadows great things to come from Suntup. Just imagine Suntup publishing YOUR favorite book and pulling out all the stops like with this one!

Hunchback Jack
01-18-2019, 07:03 PM
Well said, Mike.

Personally, I'm a Suntup customer for life. I'm fortunate enough to be on both King and non-King numbered tracks, and since receiving Misery last August, buying the next Suntup release has become a no-brainer. The creativity, care and craftsmanship that Paul and team put into each release has elevated the whole concept of a limited edition for me. I understand that people may balk at the price tag if there's no author's signature, or if a signed trade copy can be purchased for much less. But for me, it's all about the book itself, as art and craft.

HBJ

Alec
01-18-2019, 08:12 PM
If it was indeed sarcasm I consider it a major achievement from the usual obscenities, bolstered by “lol” three or four times.

MikeDuke
01-18-2019, 08:48 PM
Thanks for getting my point Peter and understanding what I was trying to say. I will say that you had more foresight than I did to get Misery but oh well. I am looking forward to getting what I can. Just having one book in my hands I can tell the quality. That's why Paul has a customer as long as he is putting out books.

Dr. Dawg
01-19-2019, 09:32 AM
Looks like the lettered sold out within 20-30 minutes of the start of the public pre-sale!

MikeDuke
01-19-2019, 11:34 AM
now that's impressive. I wonder how long the numbered will take.

Earl of Popkin
01-19-2019, 12:26 PM
Congrats Paul on another bang up launch! May Mother Nature’s Winter Storm withhold its weekend bowel movement in honor of your achievement

Brian861
01-19-2019, 01:06 PM
Looks like the lettered sold out within 20-30 minutes of the start of the public pre-sale!

But it cost 4K :orely:

Congrats on the sellout of the Lettered, Paul. Hopefully the S/L isn't too far behind.

Brian861
01-19-2019, 01:08 PM
Jeffingoff and Brian,

Yeah I know "shit gets wild" but it doesn't mean I'm a fan of the way anyone gets dragged on here. Just a difference in the way people handle themselves I guess.

+1, again. I'm not spreading the love enough apparently.

Brian861
01-19-2019, 01:10 PM
Gee, I was going to cut Jordan's autograph out, frame it, and throw the book away.

Maybe I'll think about this a bit more.

Looking forward to your choice of frame.

Merlin1958
01-19-2019, 06:40 PM
Just to clear up a few things. First, my post was sarcastic and intended to illicit a chuckle or two. Second, I like, Paul as a person and generally think he is doing some wonderful things with, Suntup. I just don't agree with this offering is all. I think having, Jordan Peele sign the books actually de-value them as any link between him, Ira Levin and Rosemary's Baby is convoluted at best. Of course that is just my opinion and last time I looked this is still America and the first amendment is in force. I'm entitled to my opinion regardless if you all agree with me or not. Because my opinion may not be popular does not justify folks tearing me a new one because of it. I have a few other issues with this edition that in deference to, Paul I will not elaborate on that have also contributed to my position. Paul, is a great guy and makes wonderful books. If you like everything he does by all means plunk down your money and purchase away. I sincerely doubt that my opinion is going to sway a single buyer. It's just my opinion and it is worth about as much as the ink used to write it down, so to speak. Remember, it can't always be diamonds that are produced. Occasionally, a clunker comes along. I sincerely wish, Paul nothing but success and from the posts I've seen here, that is exactly what he is experiencing here. More power to him and all of you folks.

Lastly, a very reliable little birdie has informed me that the individual who left the negative feedback and in true cowardly fashion did not identify himself was none other than, Kris (Webstar1000). Typical of someone like, Kris to resort to such tactics. Just goes to show you the strength of his character and standing amongst his peers. If you have a differing opinion from someone at least have the strength of character to stand up, identify yourself, make your case and be ready to accept the consequences as the chips may fall. In the immortal words of, Stan Lee "'Nuff Said"

darkseer
01-19-2019, 07:06 PM
Well Said

St. Troy
01-19-2019, 10:03 PM
I just don't agree with this offering is all.

What does it mean to “agree with” an offering?

I think having Jordan Peele sign the books actually de-value them...

Devalues - strong take. I’d be curious to know what type of collector is repulsed by this signature.

...any link between him, Ira Levin and Rosemary's Baby is convoluted at best.

I don’t think a direct link is necessary; notable works of significant age are routinely “introduced” by current people in the industry (in this case, the horror genre). Peele seems in keeping with that.

I’m not suggesting you need to like anything you don’t like; I just have a hard time grasping your logic.

Merlin1958
01-19-2019, 10:37 PM

Devalues - strong take. I’d be curious to know what type of collector is repulsed by this signature.

I don’t think a direct link is necessary; notable works of significant age are routinely “introduced” by current people in the industry (in this case, the horror genre). Peele seems in keeping with that.

I’m not suggesting you need to like anything you don’t like; I just have a hard time grasping your logic.

Actually, I am also having a difficult time understanding your logic.To each his/her own I guess. "agree". "endorse" "approve" or "Like". Take your pick. I didn't say I was "repulsed", now you're just trying to put words in my mouth and escalate the discussion. I don't feel he adds anything to the edition or makes any sense in this context. Again, just my opinion and you are entitled to yours. We just disagree. It happens in life. Learn to live with it and be well.

Priest
01-20-2019, 03:10 AM

*raises hands*

For me award winning actor Peele adds as much to the book as award winner Sandra Bullock would add ... still I think both are fabulous but don’t have any stake in this game - whatsoever.

Picking him was imho a regular industry process.

He is getting a lot (earned) attention this days for Black Klans Men and both parties benefit from such an collaboration.

Well that’s ok and good for both, but for me it’s to artificial. I would prefer something that has a less constructive and more organic taste.

Doesn’t mean that it can’t be the jackpot for somebody who likes Peele and RB and for whom this is a welcome mashup , but it’s not for me.

Second raise I have on the pricing.

Where I agree, that misery had a lot love in the details and set a new standard to limiteds - as we only had a few times before - Horns f.e. Was quite basic (still with love and some (less) creativity ) rosemarys baby imho only has the high end material left. (Sorry silver foil cross is not what I was expecting)

No surprising creative perks at all, nothing that can connect with the outstanding pieces of fine-art suntup had published before.

I know it’s hard to keep that level up , but suntup set the bar themselves ;)

I hope and strong believe that they will add a shovel of love and creativity to the next publication but in this particular case I don’t believe that 700$ is appropriate.

webstar1000
01-20-2019, 03:59 AM
Just to clear up a few things. First, my post was sarcastic and intended to illicit a chuckle or two. Second, I like, Paul as a person and generally think he is doing some wonderful things with, Suntup. I just don't agree with this offering is all. I think having, Jordan Peele sign the books actually de-value them as any link between him, Ira Levin and Rosemary's Baby is convoluted at best. Of course that is just my opinion and last time I looked this is still America and the first amendment is in force. I'm entitled to my opinion regardless if you all agree with me or not. Because my opinion may not be popular does not justify folks tearing me a new one because of it. I have a few other issues with this edition that in deference to, Paul I will not elaborate on that have also contributed to my position. Paul, is a great guy and makes wonderful books. If you like everything he does by all means plunk down your money and purchase away. I sincerely doubt that my opinion is going to sway a single buyer. It's just my opinion and it is worth about as much as the ink used to write it down, so to speak. Remember, it can't always be diamonds that are produced. Occasionally, a clunker comes along. I sincerely wish, Paul nothing but success and from the posts I've seen here, that is exactly what he is experiencing here. More power to him and all of you folks.

Lastly, a very reliable little birdie has informed me that the individual who left the negative feedback and in true cowardly fashion did not identify himself was none other than, Kris (Webstar1000). Typical of someone like, Kris to resort to such tactics. Just goes to show you the strength of his character and standing amongst his peers. If you have a differing opinion from someone at least have the strength of character to stand up, identify yourself, make your case and be ready to accept the consequences as the chips may fall. In the immortal words of, Stan Lee "'Nuff Said"

Hahahahah no one told you anything. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

webstar1000
01-20-2019, 07:15 AM

Bill is just a tired old man. Never met anyone who blats more than him. I (like many) have learned to ignore him

Cook
01-20-2019, 07:32 AM
So.... moving on.

Paul, Congratulations on you latest release !!
Please keep doing what you doing, classy books, classy guy.
Richard

Randall Flagg
01-20-2019, 07:48 AM
So.... moving on.

Richard
Thanks Richard. that's what I was just going to say.

swintek
01-20-2019, 12:21 PM
So.... moving on.

Richard
Thanks Richard. that's what I was just going to say.

X's 10.

RichardX
01-20-2019, 05:00 PM
Beautiful looking book. But I'm among those that won't pay those prices for any book not signed by the author. My guess is most of those that paid 4K are thinking they get a quick profit by reselling. Good luck.

WeDealInLead
01-20-2019, 05:20 PM
I wonder if the Levin family had any loose signatures that could've been repurposed for the lettered. I've seen lettered editions of late Jack Vance, Harlan Ellison, and Ray Bradbury. That would've appeased the signature hunters. I'm sure there could've been unique ways to incorporate them into the design.

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-20-2019, 07:17 PM
They also did that with the lettered THE IDES OF OCTEMBER by Roger Zelazny, a beautiful book, which I think is still available from Camelot.

peripheral
01-21-2019, 04:17 PM
I wonder if the Levin family had any loose signatures that could've been repurposed for the lettered. I've seen lettered editions of late Jack Vance, Harlan Ellison, and Ray Bradbury. That would've appeased the signature hunters. I'm sure there could've been unique ways to incorporate them into the design.

I wondered the same thing. (I also occasionally wonder whether King has/will do the same - sign a bunch of tip-in pages - for when he passes).

St. Troy
01-22-2019, 07:48 AM
...now you're just trying to put words in my mouth and escalate the discussion.

The truth of the matter is that I simply didn't understand you.

No hard feelings.

St. Troy
01-22-2019, 07:58 AM
I wonder if the Levin family had any loose signatures that could've been repurposed for the lettered. I've seen lettered editions of late Jack Vance, Harlan Ellison, and Ray Bradbury.

Do you know if those authors left those signature sheets behind intentionally, as peripheral suggests re: King?

I also occasionally wonder whether King has/will do the same - sign a bunch of tip-in pages - for when he passes.

Seems a tad ghoulish to me, but not ghoulish as in "here's a fingernail clipping we took from his corpse" (ghoulish is a spectrum). Maybe not; maybe it gives the surviving family another asset from which to profit, which can be a good thing, particularly for smaller names.

Hunchback Jack
01-22-2019, 10:27 AM
I think many of the posthumous signed editions you're referring to had signed sheets just because that usually gets done pretty early in production. I don't think fears of the authors demise were necessarily at play.

webstar1000
01-22-2019, 10:38 AM
King signed a pile of sheets for Gauntlet and he produced (three I think) Lettereds with them. I think that is pretty cool of an idea and if I were King I would do it for the coolness factor if nothing else...

PS: Another member just mentioned that Paul is down to like 20 S/L's! CONGRATS BUDDY! Another sell out seems to be right around the corner!

MikeDuke
01-22-2019, 11:00 AM
23 to be exact Kris. Who know when, but it probably will sell out.

Brian861
01-22-2019, 11:01 AM
Didn't it take a week to sell out Hill House?

MikeDuke
01-22-2019, 11:07 AM
Yea Brian, I think it did.

Brian861
01-22-2019, 11:11 AM
So far, looks like Horns is safely in 1st as far as sellouts on the non-King track.

MikeDuke
01-23-2019, 08:28 AM
Down to 12 left right now. When I checked at 9:00am there were 18.

MikeDuke
01-23-2019, 12:01 PM
5 to go. If you want it, better make your move.

webstar1000
01-23-2019, 12:06 PM

haha Mike has the Suntup page open 24/7. My man!

WeDealInLead
01-23-2019, 01:01 PM
Camelot has the book for pre-order too. They don't charge the 5% fee if you're paying in instalments.

Brian861
01-23-2019, 01:07 PM

And sleeps with it under his pillow as well :)

MikeDuke
01-23-2019, 01:14 PM

Damm skippy. And proud of it.

MikeDuke
01-23-2019, 01:17 PM

I know you said it with a smiley face, but, you make it sound wrong. I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE.

MikeDuke
01-24-2019, 05:57 AM
You know, I got to let every one know 2 left.

webstar1000
01-24-2019, 07:39 AM
You know, I got to let every one know 2 left.

That’s awesome mike

RC65
01-24-2019, 08:56 AM
Camelot has the book for pre-order too. They don't charge the 5% fee if you're paying in instalments.

Subterranean Press also announced this morning that they'll be carrying a few copies. So if Suntup sells out and one misses out on Camelot's offer, Sub Press is another outlet (at least, at the time of this post).

MikeDuke
01-24-2019, 09:10 AM
I wonder how many each of those places received.

Hunchback Jack
01-24-2019, 09:26 AM
SubPress were allocated 5 copies, 2 of which are already sold, according to their newsletter.

bdwyer19
01-24-2019, 09:30 AM
I wonder how many each of those places received.

Subterranean Press has two copies available.

MikeDuke
01-24-2019, 09:35 AM
I saw the news letter but did not scroll all the way to the bottom. So there are a few more out there. That's good for people still on the fence.

MikeDuke
01-24-2019, 10:54 AM
Only 1 left on Paul's site. Then it's 3rd party only.

Brian861
01-24-2019, 10:54 AM

I know you said it with a smiley face, but, you make it sound wrong. I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE.

:rofl: Keeping carrying the torch, brother! Camelot still had copies as of a few minutes ago.

MikeDuke
01-24-2019, 11:00 AM
So did Subpress. But I don't know how many. So once it's sold out on Paul's site, my work is done ;).

herbertwest
01-24-2019, 01:07 PM
Everytime Suntup releases a book I keep hesitating.... but I cant decide to pull the card for those books knowing that I didnt King's MISERY ...

MikeDuke
01-24-2019, 01:22 PM
I did not get Misery (I think everyone knows LOL). But that hasn't stopped me from getting the other three. Will I ever get Misery, probably not. But I have a feeling Paul is going to put together a set of outstanding books in the future. So, I will buy those. There is one left with your name on it on Paul's site. Just think. You could be the one who makes this a sell out on Paul's site. Now there are other places that have it as has been noted but don't let not getting Misery prevent you from getting these other books. And you can probably find HHH on eBay once in a while.

St. Troy
01-24-2019, 01:24 PM
So did Subpress. But I don't know how many. So once it's sold out on Paul's site, my work is done ;).

Good man.

:thumbsup:

MikeDuke
01-25-2019, 10:09 AM
OUT OF PRINT on Paul's site. That leaves the other places like Camelot and Subpres

Br!an
01-25-2019, 10:20 AM
OUT OF PRINT on Paul's site. That leaves the other places like Camelot and Subpres

Sub Press shows none available. Camelot has one. Dark Regions has four.

MikeDuke
01-25-2019, 10:32 AM

https://subterraneanpress.com/slider-tabs/just-announced/rosemarys-baby
doesn't the fact that it doesn't say sold out mean that they have some? Only asking. You would know better than me. And I did not know that Dark Regions had them as well.
Thanks for the clarification.

jeffingoff
01-25-2019, 10:33 AM
Congrats on the sell-out Paul!

firemonkey66
01-25-2019, 10:41 AM
Congrats Suntup on another sell out!

Hunchback Jack
01-25-2019, 10:45 AM

doesn't the fact that it doesn't say sold out mean that they have some? Only asking. You would know better than me. And I did not know that Dark Regions had them as well.

SubPress has one copy left.

MikeDuke
01-25-2019, 10:50 AM
So that's 6 total left right? I wonder how long until those are gone too.

Brian861
01-25-2019, 11:23 AM

Technically, it's a sellout at Suntup as those copies were sold to the other presses. Congrats on another one, Paul!

MikeDuke
01-25-2019, 11:53 AM
Got you Brain. That's what I figured. But, like I said, now that it is sold out on Paul's site, my work is done.

MikeDuke
01-25-2019, 12:36 PM
SubPress is officially out. I guess I lied about not keeping this updated.

peripheral
01-25-2019, 12:41 PM
Dark Regions has 4 remaining...

MikeDuke
01-25-2019, 12:45 PM
Dark Regions has 4 remaining...
And I don't know how many Camalot has. But I am sure it's not a lot.

Brian861
01-25-2019, 01:05 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but is Rose Mary's Baby the first of Paul's S/L to be offered via another press with rights moving forward?

MikeDuke
01-25-2019, 01:10 PM
I think you are right Brian.

Munnecom
01-25-2019, 01:25 PM
Very Fine Books had a copy of Misery, but I do not know if that came with rights. The listing (here) (https://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephen_King_MISERY_signed_limited_editioin_p/76-120.htm) doesn’t mention it in any case.

Edit: excuse me, you were talking about presses, not booksellers, so this is moot.

webstar1000
01-25-2019, 02:04 PM
Another sell out. CONGRATS PAUL!!!

Randall Flagg
01-25-2019, 02:12 PM
SubPress is officially out. I guess I lied about not keeping this updated.

Yeah,

It's time

firemonkey66
01-25-2019, 03:03 PM
This is an interesting eBay listing from Mike Pasiuk, it’s a proof of the EoTD art portfolio with a letter from Paul. Didn’t know this existed:)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F16 3505171880

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-25-2019, 04:10 PM
Mike's a great guy and he's got some mildly interesting Stephen King collectibles.

Hunchback Jack
01-25-2019, 04:35 PM

Technically, it's a sellout at Suntup as those copies were sold to the other presses. Congrats on another one, Paul!

Agreed. I wasn't responding to the sellout congratulations posts, but to the query about the number of copies left at SubPress.

HBJ

zelig
01-25-2019, 05:45 PM
Thank you for the comments on the RB sell out. And Mike, yes your job is done buddy.

Brian861
01-25-2019, 10:08 PM
Very Fine Books had a copy of Misery, but I do not know if that came with rights. The listing (here) (https://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephen_King_MISERY_signed_limited_editioin_p/76-120.htm) doesn’t mention it in any case.

Edit: excuse me, you were talking about presses, not booksellers, so this is moot.

No worries :). I mentioned presses specifically but this would also apply to booksellers. I.E. Camelot, etc.

Merlin1958
01-26-2019, 02:58 PM
Hey, Paul congrats on selling out the Rosemary's Baby edition. Believe it or not I am very glad to see you doing well with your business, my friend!!!

Maybe, "Jaws" could be next? That's a great book and sort of a horror story, no?

Room 217 Caretaker
01-26-2019, 03:38 PM
Hey, Paul congrats on selling out the Rosemary's Baby edition. Believe it or not I am very glad to see you doing well with your business, my friend!!!

Maybe, "Jaws" could be next? That's a great book and sort of a horror story, no?

"JAWS" would be awesome. The case either the shark or the boat.

Mulleins

Merlin1958
01-26-2019, 03:58 PM

"JAWS" would be awesome. The case either the shark or the boat.

Mulleins

Yeah, and with a shark tooth paperweight? Perhaps a USS Indianapolis tattoo on one side of the slipcase? There's probably a crap load of good ideas for something like this. Of course, my opinion isn't worth much. lol

Randall Flagg
01-26-2019, 05:30 PM
The book would be housed in a shark cage...

Merlin1958
01-26-2019, 05:40 PM
The book would be housed in a shark cage...

That would be cool. Another thought for the paperweight..................one of the fishing barrels they used?

Brian861
01-26-2019, 11:26 PM

Excellent idea(s)!

DoctorZaius
01-27-2019, 12:29 PM
JAWS would be a phenomenal choice!

Room 217 Caretaker
01-27-2019, 01:21 PM
When the case opens you hear.........Ba......dum.........Ba.......dum..... .Badum, Badum, badumbadumbadum.....ok you get the idea.

Mulleins

RichardX
01-27-2019, 04:42 PM
Dracula is a book that really could be done up well by Suntup.

St. Troy
01-27-2019, 05:22 PM
Dracula is a book that really could be done up well by Suntup.

+1

Randall Flagg
01-27-2019, 05:40 PM
Please no.
The book has been done, and done well by others.

MikeDuke
01-28-2019, 06:16 AM
Rose Mary's Baby sold out at Camelot, Subpress and Dark regions. Pretty impressive. Can't wait to get Horns, and this and see what's next.

Beverly Marsh
01-28-2019, 01:51 PM
Aw c'mon ya'll! Jaws? Dracula?
We need a Needful Things or Different Seasons or Pet Sematary next :evil:
I really do hope there's another King at some point but in the meantime Congratulations on another sell out! They are beautiful books.

jeffingoff
01-28-2019, 01:55 PM
I really do hope there's another King at some point but in the meantime Congratulations on another sell out! They are beautiful books.

I gave up my right to suggest books by passing on Rosemary's Baby. But I'll suggest a bunch anyway:

Gerald's Game
Lisey's Story
Needful Things
Fight Club
Butcher Boy
The Road
Something by Lansdale
The Original release of The Stand
The entire Dark Tower Series including Little Sisters of Eluria

MikeDuke
01-28-2019, 01:55 PM
Not yet Bev, I still need to find a way to get a Misery :pullhair: so I can get the next King book :drool:.

HONKYTONKSMASH
01-28-2019, 02:01 PM

Yep! And DZ, Revival, and Duma :thumbsup:..but Seasons and PS would be at the top of the list for sure

T-Dogz_AK47
01-28-2019, 02:13 PM
Paul could publish any of King's back catalog and be guaranteed an instant sell out.

Well actually, given the quality of his output so far, Paul could probably publish the phone book and be guaranteed a sell out....

Randall Flagg
01-28-2019, 02:17 PM

I gave up my right to suggest books by passing on Rosemary's Baby. But I'll suggest a bunch anyway:

Gerald's Game
Lisey's Story
Needful Things
Fight Club
Butcher Boy
The Road
Something by Lansdale
The Original release of The Stand
The entire Dark Tower Series including Little Sisters of Eluria

The original The Stand is a non-starter.

My sleeper pick is Dolores Claiborne 2024 ??? Edition. Think about it.

RichardX
01-28-2019, 02:33 PM

Anything King-related is a given. The non-King horror classics to produce are more difficult. How about Psycho? That would seemingly fit the pattern. Red Dragon? I would prefer to see some more obscure titles, but from a demand perspective I can understand why certain books are produced.

Merlin1958
01-28-2019, 02:51 PM

Well, of course King would take precedence. My suggestion was assuming that he wasn't an option presently. Also, I kinda figured if another King book was in the offing the deal was already done and King may be driving the selections anyway. I just figured, Jaws was a great book, Benchley is still alive (?) and, Paul might be able to seek a deal relatively easy. Of course, and I'm unfamiliar with other authors S/L or special editions, but McCammon or Straub might be viable authors with very marketable editions to track down for a deal. Probably nothing I or others suggest will have any impact on,Suntup's next publications anyway. I'm sure, Paul has projects lined up in advance, but it's fun to speculate anyway.

Dracula is an awesome book, but I think its been done before several times. The Exorcist as well now that I think about it. Not that, Paul wouldn't surpass any previous editions efforts. FWIW, I don't recall "Shadowland" a having a S/L being done, but that doesn't mean one wasn't for all I know. I'd go doe a, Suntup offering of "Shadowland" as I always enjoyed that book by, Straub. Just my solely opinion and thoughts for all they're worth.

becca69
01-28-2019, 03:09 PM
FYI - Peter Benchley died in 2006.

T-Dogz_AK47
01-28-2019, 03:14 PM

Well, of course King would take precedence. My suggestion was assuming that he wasn't an option presently. Also, I kinda figured if another King book was in the offing the deal was already done and King may be driving the selections anyway. I just figured, Jaws was a great book, Benchley is still alive (?) and, Paul might be able to seek a deal relatively easy. Of course, and I'm unfamiliar with other authors S/L or special editions, but McCammon or Straub might be viable authors with very marketable editions to track down for a deal. Probably nothing I or others suggest will have any impact on,Suntup's next publications anyway. I'm sure, Paul has projects lined up in advance, but it's fun to speculate anyway.

Dracula is an awesome book, but I think its been done before several times. The Exorcist as well now that I think about it. Not that, Paul wouldn't surpass any previous editions efforts. FWIW, I don't recall "Shadowland" a having a S/L being done, but that doesn't mean one wasn't for all I know. I'd go doe a, Suntup offering of "Shadowland" as I always enjoyed that book by, Straub. Just my solely opinion and thoughts for all they're worth.

2019 marks the 40th Anniversary of Straub's Ghost Story. I think that would make a terrific contender to receive the Royal Suntup treatment! :smile:

Hunchback Jack
01-28-2019, 03:24 PM
One of Richard Bachman's Parker novels would be cool (although they are very short). Not really in the same genre, but Westlake certainly inspired King.

zelig
01-28-2019, 05:12 PM
Well actually, given the quality of his output so far, Paul could probably publish the phone book and be guaranteed a sell out....

Well darnit. Now that the secret is out...

The Limited Edition of The Yellow Pages

Bound in yellow ostrich skin, the edition is limited to two copies. The spine is blind stamped, with raised bands. Endsheets are actual pages from the first edition of the Yellow Pages and the edition is signed by the artist who has created twelve stunning interior plates. Sold by lottery only.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/YellowPages.jpg

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/yp2.jpg

Randall Flagg
01-28-2019, 05:24 PM
I'm in.
Big time.

Room 217 Caretaker
01-28-2019, 05:29 PM
Walking Fingers paperweight?

bdwyer19
01-28-2019, 05:36 PM
You should do the white pages, and include King’s area code.

zelig
01-28-2019, 05:52 PM
This would make a good charity auction.

St. Troy
01-28-2019, 06:54 PM
...Straub might be viable authors with very marketable editions to track down for a deal...

...FWIW, I don't recall "Shadowland" a having a S/L being done, but that doesn't mean one wasn't for all I know. I'd go doe a, Suntup offering of "Shadowland" as I always enjoyed that book by, Straub.

May God bless and keep you, Bill (I have been beating the drum for someone to produce a new Shadowland for some time - among my favorite horror novels, it is second only to It).

FYI, Gsuntlet Press did a 15th anniversary edition of Shadowland in 1995. Not to be critical, but (from what I’ve seen of it) it didn’t do much for me and I would love for CD or Suntup to take a crack at it.

Merlin1958
01-28-2019, 07:32 PM
...Straub might be viable authors with very marketable editions to track down for a deal...

...FWIW, I don't recall "Shadowland" a having a S/L being done, but that doesn't mean one wasn't for all I know. I'd go doe a, Suntup offering of "Shadowland" as I always enjoyed that book by, Straub.

May God bless and keep you, Bill (I have been beating the drum for someone to produce a new Shadowland for some time - among my favorite horror novels, it is second only to It).

FYI, Gsuntlet Press did a 15th anniversary edition of Shadowland in 1995. Not to be critical, but (from what I’ve seen of it) it didn’t do much for me and I would love for CD or Suntup to take a crack at it.

LOL And here I thought I was the only person that liked that book!!!!!! Welcome to the fan club, or am I joining your already established one? lol lol

To T-Dogz, yes I love "Ghost Story" as well. They killed it in film though. lol Timing would seem to be perfect for this then. Paul, would no doubt hit it out of the park!!!!

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-28-2019, 08:29 PM
I'd rather have The Yellow Pages then Lisey's Story.

Merlin1958
01-28-2019, 08:54 PM
I'd rather have The Yellow Pages then Lisey's Story.

LOL Good one!!!! I'd have to agree.

vincent
01-28-2019, 10:25 PM
Peter Straub’s books would surely deserve the Suntup magic. I recently read If You Could See Me Now and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hunchback Jack
01-29-2019, 12:47 AM
Straub's Mystery doesn't have an S/L as far as I know. I would love to see one. Or even all three Blue Rose books, if the rights could be had.

I have the Gauntlet Press Shadowland S/L, and I quite like it.

HBJ

WeDealInLead
01-29-2019, 05:49 AM
Peter Straub’s books would surely deserve the Suntup magic. I recently read If You Could See Me Now and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Centipedes has done a limited of that and two more Straub books. Be ready to sell body parts to acquire one.

St. Troy
01-29-2019, 07:28 AM
...And here I thought I was the only person that liked that book!!!!!! Welcome to the fan club, or am I joining your already established one?

I think the fan club is just you, me, and my brother-in-law (we need to do some recruiting).

... I love "Ghost Story" as well.

I quite liked it when I read it, but it has been many years (maybe more than 10) since I've read it and I've forgotten the finer points and am due a re-read; to that end, I recently bought an old GS hardcover (for just under $4) and will hit it soon.

I really need to read some more Straub. Aside from GS and Shadowland, I've only read Julia (a very early one of his, and which struck me as a simpler version of something that would have worked for me but in the end didn't), Floating Dragon (which I didn't like to put it mildly, but more importantly is interesting for how many things it has in common with It), Lost Boy Lost Girl, In The Night Room (these two were connected and were fine), and A Dark Matter (which was better than LBLG and ITNR, but not up there with GS and Shadowland for me). [Of course, I've read his collaborations with King].

St. Troy
01-29-2019, 07:38 AM
Here's a list of characteristics of Straub's Floating Dragon, which will look mighty familiar to anyone who's read It (and take the spoiler tags seriously; if you plan to read FD and haven't, don't look here!):

Roughly every 30 years, an evil being with the ability to hide its true form returns to a secluded town to murder, and feed on, its residents.

The current trouble manifests, in part, by local children coming to bad ends.

A group of ordinary people in the town:
…bond to fight the evil being
…find that they are stronger together
…no adult member of this group has yet had children

One member of this group is a long-time town resident:
…whose work involves books
…who is interested in the cyclical events and knows more about them than the rest of the group
…who learned some of the history of the cycle from a conversation with an elderly person fluent with the town’s history

This history includes a disaster:
…in a place whose name begins with ‘K’
…which didn’t seem as if it could have been caused by an individual
…in which multiple people died
…in which several of the deaths were children
…in which many victims’ bodies ended up underground.

Only one group member is female; she:
…suffers physical abuse at the hands of her husband, which ends before battle with the evil being commences.
…bonded individually with each male in the group (the males did not bond with each other)

Group members witness:
…the pleading voice of a child known to be dead.
…a book containing historical information opening itself and moving its pages
…images shown to them by the evil entity, which they then banished by declaring their unreality

A moon with a face spoke to one of the group’s enemies.

The group sets out to kill the evil being at a creepy, long-uninhabited house.

In the process of pursuing and battling the evil being, the group:
…finds a creepy, ancient-looking door through which they must pass to truly commence battle
…suffers personalized, despair-inducing hallucinations
…learns that the evil being had babies, which they then attempt to kill

After the evil is vanquished:
…widespread destruction occurs throughout the town
…the ground opens up
…buildings fall down
…the group gathers in a circle
…the group is not able to stay together
…(later) one group member has a child.

...now, having noted all of that, FD is a very different book from It, and not just because I love one and dislike the other; these are very different casts and plots.

And FYI, FD came out first, for any who might wonder.

CyberGhostface
01-29-2019, 07:38 AM
One author I'd suggest is John Ajvide Lindqvist (Let the Right One In being the obvious choice but I'd also recommend Little Star). There haven't been any limiteds of any of his work to the best of my knowledge.

racerx45
01-29-2019, 08:30 AM
Walking Fingers paperweight?

With real fingers? That’s next level shit right there! :scared:

Earl of Popkin
01-29-2019, 08:48 AM
Ok well if we’re just shouting suggestions at Paul, then I’d like to formally request Red Dragon, as Lecter is my spirit animal and I don’t believe any fancy editions have ever been done. Probably not a popular suggestion but nonetheless...

Also informal request for Psycho, as the book itself has a rather interesting story to go along with the actual story

Oh wait, 2nd informal request for a Limited Series Covers Collection for Thomas Harris’s first 2 or 3 Hannibal books

firemonkey66
01-29-2019, 01:14 PM
Ok well if we’re just shouting suggestions at Paul, then I’d like to formally request Red Dragon, as Lecter is my spirit animal and I don’t believe any fancy editions have ever been done. Probably not a popular suggestion but nonetheless...

Also informal request for Psycho, as the book itself has a rather interesting story to go along with the actual story

Oh wait, 2nd informal request for a Limited Series Covers Collection for Thomas Harris’s first 2 or 3 Hannibal books

I would love to see a S/L of Hannibal, that is one of my all time favorite books:)

Merlin1958
01-29-2019, 01:22 PM

I would love to see a S/L of Hannibal, that is one of my all time favorite books:)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Earl of Popkin
01-29-2019, 01:28 PM

Preach brother. I love that book. Doesn’t get nearly the love that it deserves

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-29-2019, 02:54 PM
I've never read a Thomas Harris book I didn't want to end.

Earl of Popkin
01-29-2019, 03:31 PM

Blasphemy! How dare you not share our opinion. Luckily for you he’s only got like 5 books so your suffering has at least been minimal. Also Dr Lecter considers double negatives to be rude, so chances are you guys are just incompatible

amd013
01-29-2019, 03:31 PM

Ok, trying to parse that sentence. So you are saying you want all Thomas Harris books to end? Or did you mistakenly put in a double negative?

Merlin1958
01-29-2019, 03:56 PM

Blasphemy! How dare you not share our opinion. Luckily for you he’s only got like 5 books so your suffering has at least been minimal. Also Dr Lecter considers double negatives to be rude, so chances are you guys are just incompatible

Or very tasty to him? lol

Hannibal is an excellent suggestion as well!!! Now we're rolling the speculation train down the tracks!!! lol

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-29-2019, 04:35 PM
I think I phrased that wrong. I meant I liked the books so much I didn't want them to end! I absolutely loved all the Hannibal Lector books. I have yet to read BLACK SUNDAY.

Earl of Popkin
01-29-2019, 04:48 PM
I think I phrased that wrong. I meant I liked the books so much I didn't want them to end! I absolutely loved all the Hannibal Lector books. I have yet to read BLACK SUNDAY.

Too late. I’ve already interpreted your previous post as undeniable gospel. We are now literary adversaries for life.

Srsly though most usually put black Sunday and Rising as the bottom two of his five. You’d be better off rereading a Suntup S/L Hannibal instead... also and since he’s apparently Paulie Hollywood Suntup, I really really wouldn’t mind if Sir Anthony & Mads M. also signed our future S/L. (Have heard Harris ain’t big on the sig thing)

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-29-2019, 07:43 PM
He's got a new one coming out. I sincerely hope there is not a single limited edition of it ever. And I'm also looking forward to reading it without knowing a single, solitary thing about the book until I turn to the first page and start reading, a feat virtually impossible to do in this day and age.

What this has to to with Suntup I don't know, so I will say --- I LOVE Suntup Press!

swintek
01-29-2019, 09:00 PM
Red Dragon is a great candidate for Paul to apply his meticulous, discerning talent to. One of the best suspense novels ever.

WeDealInLead
01-29-2019, 09:12 PM
The grail: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Centipede-Press-Book-of-the-New-Sun-Gene-Wolfe-Vol-1-6-Signed-Limited-Matching/132925185050?epid=1552851&hash=item1ef2f55c1a:g:R1AAAOSwfepcROOO

Too bad there aren't any close-ups of the materials and illustrations.

Edit: sorry, this was supposed to go in the centipede thread.

MikeDuke
02-04-2019, 09:21 AM
To all that wanted an Gift ed of Rosemary's Baby, well now you can get one
https://shop.suntup.press/products/rosemarys-baby-by-ira-levin-artist-gift-edition?utm_source=Suntup+Editions&utm_campaign=df600e0b63-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_21_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_447f8dd321-df600e0b63-459523117&mc_cid=df600e0b63&mc_eid=72c2ce2d25
details in the email as well.

webstar1000
02-04-2019, 09:23 AM
https://shop.suntup.press/products/rosemarys-baby-by-ira-levin-artist-gift-edition?utm_source=Suntup+Editions&utm_campaign=df600e0b63-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_21_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_447f8dd321-df600e0b63-459523117&mc_cid=df600e0b63&mc_eid=72c2ce2d25

DAMM YOUR FAST. lol Mike still got the Suntup page up I see:) :tongue1:

ur2ndbiggestfan
02-04-2019, 09:24 AM
I wonder why my Suntup password never works. Doesn't matter, I ordered with PayPal anyway.

MikeDuke
02-04-2019, 09:34 AM

DAMM YOUR FAST. lol Mike still got the Suntup page up I see:) :tongue1:
I do. And I am not ashamed either. I am really thinking about getting one because it sounds like a great book, with the color pic and reversible DJ.
We shall see though. I really would want people who could not get the others to have first dibs.

Patrick
02-04-2019, 10:52 AM
Reversible dustjacket? Switching back and forth can’t be good for preserving the integrity of the paper, so I’d guess the prudent thing to do is pick one side and stick with it. Which for some will mean ordering two copies to show each side separately.

Dr. Dawg
02-04-2019, 11:00 AM
Reversible dustjacket? Switching back and forth can’t be good for preserving the integrity of the paper, so I’d guess the prudent thing to do is pick one side and stick with it. Which for some will mean ordering two copies to show each side separately.

Crap. I'm already on the fence about getting this version, and now you have me thinking I need to get two copies...:orely:

St. Troy
02-04-2019, 11:02 AM
I wonder why the delay between announcing the lettered and limited editions, and this one - gauging demand? Some other logistical concern? Just curious.

Earl of Popkin
02-04-2019, 11:08 AM
Paul, just wanted to tip my cap to you sir. So many companies, especially successful ones like yourself, tend to think they know what’s best for the customer and ignore customer feedback, citing their historical success as proof that their instincts are all they need. (Looking at you Jobs and Lucas) Thanks for amending your offering to include an Artist Gift Edition

jeffingoff
02-04-2019, 11:37 AM

Crap. I'm already on the fence about getting this version, and now you have me thinking I need to get two copies...:orely:

To be clear, the description says "double-sided" not reversible. There's no way a DJ could be reversible without damaging it. Unless Paul sends all DJs in a tube rolled up and the buyer decides which side to display--and sticks with that decision--there won't be variations in what is displayed. Otherwise, I imagine there will be a front side and inside chosen by Suntup as the right way to wear the jacket. If it's the tube option, then I'll have to buy two!

Thrilled to get this Artist Edition Paul! Thanks for making it happen.

jeffingoff
02-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Paul, just wanted to tip my cap to you sir. So many companies, especially successful ones like yourself, tend to think they know what’s best for the customer and ignore customer feedback, citing their historical success as proof that their instincts are all they need. (Looking at you Jobs and Lucas) Thanks for amending your offering to include an Artist Gift Edition

+1

zelig
02-04-2019, 11:48 AM
I wonder why the delay between announcing the lettered and limited editions, and this one - gauging demand? Some other logistical concern? Just curious.

An AGE was never planned. We decided to do one because a lot of people were asking for it. It was not as if we knew we were doing it from the get go, and held off announcing it. It's a decision that was made a couple weeks ago.

No problem. The Limited level books do leave some people out of the running for a copy. It's not always possible to do a GE, but in this case, I made every effort to make it happen because people were asking.

Patrick
02-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Hi Paul,

Regarding the dustjacket, does “double-sided” mean reversible? Some of us need to decide how many copies to order.

Thanks.

Brian861
02-04-2019, 12:15 PM

Damn you, Patrick LOL! If this holds true, I'll be one of those folks :cry:

Brian861
02-04-2019, 12:17 PM

To be clear, the description says "double-sided" not reversible. There's no way a DJ could be reversible without damaging it. Unless Paul sends all DJs in a tube rolled up and the buyer decides which side to display--and sticks with that decision--there won't be variations in what is displayed. Otherwise, I imagine there will be a front side and inside chosen by Suntup as the right way to wear the jacket. If it's the tube option, then I'll have to buy two!

I'm especially happy for you, Jeff! I know you were/are pretty bummed on letting your number go.

jeffingoff
02-04-2019, 12:22 PM

I'm especially happy for you, Jeff! I know you were/are pretty bummed on letting your number go.

Yeah, thanks Brian. I'm pretty happy for me too. It's so cool that Paul makes the artist edition with exclusive features as well. That DJ idea is pretty awesome. Never saw anything like that before, with art on both sides. How can you brodart a jacket like that, I wonder. I might have to buy an extra DJ if that'll be possible.

St. Troy
02-04-2019, 12:37 PM
An AGE was never planned. We decided to do one because a lot of people were asking for it. It was not as if we knew we were doing it from the get go, and held off announcing it. It's a decision that was made a couple weeks ago.

Cool, thanks for answering. I can't wait to see what it looks like.

zelig
02-04-2019, 12:37 PM
Hi Paul,

Regarding the dustjacket, does “double-sided” mean reversible? Some of us need to decide how many copies to order.

Thanks.

Essentially yes. The back of the jacket will be printed. I will probably have some extra jackets available to purchase.

Brian861
02-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks.

Essentially yes. The back of the jacket will be printed. I will probably have some extra jackets available to purchase.

Really cool idea, Paul! Love it! Congrats and kudos on getting the AGE deal done!

zelig
02-04-2019, 12:49 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks.

Really cool idea, Paul! Love it! Congrats and kudos on getting the AGE deal done!

Thanks Brian. Should be cool. It's an idea Richey Beckett first proposed and we tweaked it from there.

Hunchback Jack
02-04-2019, 04:57 PM
Paul, congrats on making the AGE happen. Really cool. I'm intrigued by the double-sided dustjacket idea; I've seen it on one other series, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it for this title.

(AGE ordered, needless to say :) )

HBJ

zelig
02-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Paul, congrats on making the AGE happen. Really cool. I'm intrigued by the double-sided dustjacket idea; I've seen it on one other series, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it for this title.

(AGE ordered, needless to say :) )

HBJ

Thanks HBJ, and thanks for the order.

Brian James Freeman
02-05-2019, 02:55 AM
I'm really thrilled there was enough demand for an AGE of this one! I cannot wait to see what you do, and I love the double-sided dust jacket concept. Congrats on another exciting production!

Brian

zelig
02-05-2019, 07:11 AM
I'm really thrilled there was enough demand for an AGE of this one! I cannot wait to see what you do, and I love the double-sided dust jacket concept. Congrats on another exciting production!

Brian

Thanks so much Brian!

MikeDuke
02-05-2019, 07:16 AM
These are going to faster then you think Paul. Trust me.

Munnecom
02-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Here's a question you might not be willing (or able) to answer:

Other than Horns and Rosemary's Baby, how many (unannounced) projects do you have in active development at the moment? How many are still on your wishlist, so to say (where the project has not yet gone beyond the "One day, I'd like to..." stage)?

(By the way, I don't know if you made the connection from my forum name, but I'm "the boat guy." I'm still waiting for that piece of wallpaper from Hill House ;-) )

zelig
02-05-2019, 10:20 AM
What’s up boat guy?! To answer your questions:

In active development: A bunch.
On wishlist: A whole bunch.

You will have to email me and remind me about the wallpaper. If we’re relying on my memory then we’re in trouble!

;-)

surly
02-05-2019, 10:45 AM
Can't wait to hear about what you have in the works - when you're ready to spill of course.
Based on what you do have in development, would you consider Suntup to be a genre publisher?

MikeDuke
02-05-2019, 10:49 AM
I can't wait either. I am guessing, hoping, sometime in the summer we will get a hint. But I am very excited to get Horns and Rosemary's Baby.

Munnecom
02-05-2019, 11:27 AM

You will have to email me and remind me about the wallpaper. If we’re relying on my memory then we’re in trouble!

;-)

Thanks for clearing that up! By the way, you also forgot about that set of Dragon Rebound books, the lifetime Suntup Gold subscription and the bag of M&Ms you promised me. :evil:

zelig
02-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Can't wait to hear about what you have in the works - when you're ready to spill of course.
Based on what you do have in development, would you consider Suntup to be a genre publisher?

No. There’s gold in them thar hills. And by gold, I mean great books outside our much loved genre that deserve special treatment.

;-)

Thanks for clearing that up! By the way, you also forgot about that set of Dragon Rebound books, the lifetime Suntup Gold subscription and the bag of M&Ms you promised me. :evil:

Anything I say while under the influence should not be taken to heart.

jeffingoff
02-05-2019, 11:44 AM
No. There’s gold in them thar hills. And by gold, I mean great books outside our much loved genre that deserve special treatment.

Love this!

Patrick
02-05-2019, 12:56 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks.

I’m intrigued... and now I’ll place my order for two copies.

Love this!
I’m happy to hear this as well. Excited to see what the Suntup team comes up with. Whatever the genre and subject matter, they’re sure to hit it out of the park.

surly
02-05-2019, 01:44 PM

I was hoping you would say that.

Hunchback Jack
02-05-2019, 11:01 PM

Hmm, that sounds like a clue. Gold ... gold ...

Goldfinger by Ian Fleming? Sharpe's Gold by Bernard Cornwell? White Gold Wielder by Stephen R Donaldson?

;)

HBJ

Ari_Racing
02-06-2019, 10:16 AM
Excellent idea to have a GE of this book! :)

T-Dogz_AK47
02-06-2019, 10:20 AM

Well of course.... You won a lifetime subscription for every GE published. ;)

webstar1000
02-06-2019, 10:26 AM

lol

Randall Flagg
02-06-2019, 10:43 AM

lol

Exactly!

Br!an
02-06-2019, 03:08 PM

:rofl:

firemonkey66
02-07-2019, 07:54 PM
Holy crap, check out the size of the lettered Horns! It’s frickin huge! Haha, I love big ass books:)

Https://Suntup.press/Horns-updates/Horns-production-update/

Joe315
02-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Holy crap, check out the size of the lettered Horns! It’s frickin huge! Haha, I love big ass books:)

Https://Suntup.press/Horns-updates/Horns-production-update/

Awesome. Love it. Certainly not using cheap paper.

webstar1000
02-08-2019, 04:38 AM
I cannot believe the size of that book! Man...

Patrick
02-08-2019, 05:29 AM
Wow!