PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

firemonkey66
12-22-2018, 09:53 PM
No problem everyone, really pleased you like the goodies. That was lucky on the "D". I should check with the cube maker and see if he purposely put matching keys in there, but I very much doubt it. I just sent a bag full of keys, and he was to include them randomly, or at least with no thought as to what keys go where. It would have slowed the process down tremendously. So I'd say it's all a fluke. There was one or two others I saw on Facebook.

Ahh, you could say it’s a Christmas miracle:)

Any other lettered paperweight owners on the boards get a matching letter key?

webstar1000
12-23-2018, 01:03 AM
No problem everyone, really pleased you like the goodies. That was lucky on the "D". I should check with the cube maker and see if he purposely put matching keys in there, but I very much doubt it. I just sent a bag full of keys, and he was to include them randomly, or at least with no thought as to what keys go where. It would have slowed the process down tremendously. So I'd say it's all a fluke. There was one or two others I saw on Facebook.

Ahh, you could say it’s a Christmas miracle:)

Any other lettered paperweight owners on the boards get a matching letter key?

I’m PRAYING I got a $ sign!!! Won’t see till new year:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Br!an
12-23-2018, 04:55 AM
Post tried to deliver today - but I was at work...so I will have to swing by on Monday to pick up my two Suntup boxes...cannot wait

Monday is a federal holiday Chad

No, it's not. Tuesday is a federal holiday though.

Kingfan24
12-23-2018, 05:48 AM
Post tried to deliver today - but I was at work...so I will have to swing by on Monday to pick up my two Suntup boxes...cannot wait

Yes it is as, as Trump declared it a couple days ago. Looks like post offices MAY be open depending on individual locations.

MikeDuke
12-23-2018, 06:46 AM
From a website I just looked up
"Good news: Post offices will still open that day but certain locations may close early. Your mail delivery should arrive as usual, and USPS blue collection boxes with pickup times before noon will also go out as scheduled."

cit74
12-23-2018, 07:35 AM

Actually the local post is open from 10-12; at least that is what was noted on the card they left - so I will keep my fingers crossed there will be someone there - so we will see; if not then Wednesday it is...

Br!an
12-23-2018, 07:37 AM

Yes it is as, as Trump declared it a couple days ago. Looks like post offices MAY be open depending on individual locations.

Shutting down the government doesn't make it a federal holiday. Trump doesn't have the power to proclaim a federal holiday.

He does have the power to give the executive branch a holiday which is what he did.

The banks are open. The post office is open. The other two branches of government are still functioning. It's not a federal holiday.

cit74
12-23-2018, 07:37 AM
haha - I commented before reading the above notes - glad people searched that one out. yes our local one the hours are shorter - normally pick up is between 10-4; on Monday only between 10-12 - so I will have to goto work in the morning and then head back towards home around 10 - then back to work...but its worth it

MikeDuke
12-23-2018, 08:00 AM
All I care is that UPS is delivering on Monday. Cause, I got something headed my way :)

ke7285
12-23-2018, 04:22 PM
My mail lady delivered a package from CD today.

MikeDuke
12-24-2018, 12:17 PM
Got my book today. I am VERY happy with the entire production. Paul did a fantastic job with this book.
Here are some pics of it
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/phpZLHadwAM.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/phpH7oPglAM.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/phpbURnsJAM.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/phpC9HWizAM.jpg

MikeDuke
12-24-2018, 12:21 PM
And my surprise
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/phpG9e0ZrAM.jpg
I have more pics in my thread. But I am very happy right now

Father Cody
12-24-2018, 01:04 PM
You got the ARC, too! Very cool of Paul.

MikeDuke
12-24-2018, 01:35 PM
Yea, it quite the surprise when I got two boxes and the ARC was in the other one. I was very surprised.

Br!an
12-24-2018, 01:38 PM
Good for you, Mike.

It looks fantastic!

MikeDuke
12-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Thanks Brian. Really appreciate it.

webstar1000
12-24-2018, 02:57 PM

I can sense the happiness from my buddy all the way across the world!!! (I’m in Mexico lol)

MikeDuke
12-24-2018, 04:27 PM

I can sense the happiness from my buddy all the way across the world!!! (I’m in Mexico lol)

OH yea
I am a happy camper Kris

Brian861
12-25-2018, 08:47 AM
That's awesome, Mike! Congrats!

I received mine yesterday as well. Videos and photos can't do these books justice. Wash and dry your hands well, then take out this book and actually feel it and look through it. I can only image how awesome the lettered is with the quality that is the S/L. This was my first direct purchase from Suntup via Chad and opening this box was an experience all onto itself. One can tell that Paul has drawn on all his experiences to delivery a quality product that is over the top. No packing peanuts here, the book is literally cradled in foam. I would say that Paul has raised the bar so high that anyone else aspiring to reach this level of production couldn't help but fall short. Paul has taken the bar, broken it over his leg, and cast it aside.

Holding one of Paul's books, you can feel the love and care that was taken each step of the way. Thank you, Paul for caring enough to deliver only the best for yourself and your clients. Clients, yes. Because being involved in this experience with Paul goes well beyond being a consumer. I'm very much looking forward to continuing this journey with you and you have a client for life, my friend!

jeffingoff
12-25-2018, 08:51 AM
I’m jonesing for mine so bad!!!!

Brian861
12-25-2018, 09:12 AM
I’m jonesing for mine so bad!!!!

Hopefully soon, buddy!

MikeDuke
12-25-2018, 09:16 AM
Yep, I was just so excited that I could not put my feelings into words, so thanks for doing that Brian. It is a wonderful book. You can tell that Paul and the team really care about their product and want to give the customers the best possible book they can. Like you, Paul has a client for life.

Brian861
12-25-2018, 09:22 AM
Yep, I was just so excited that I could not put my feelings into words, so thanks for doing that Brian. It is a wonderful book. You can tell that Paul and the team really care about their product and want to give the customers the best possible book they can. Like you, Paul has a client for life.

:thumbsup:

Br!an
12-25-2018, 09:25 AM
Mine isn't scheduled to be delivered until next Wednesday. :cry:

Brian861
12-25-2018, 09:27 AM

Bummer. Well worth the wait though!

MikeDuke
12-25-2018, 09:31 AM
Hang in there Brian. Once you open that box and see the book staring up at you, you will say "dayum, it was worth the wait".
But I do feel your pain.

jeffingoff
12-25-2018, 09:41 AM
Mine is just 20 minutes away but I’m not scheduled to get it until Friday. [emoji3166]

zelig
12-25-2018, 09:43 AM
I have more pics in my thread. But I am very happy right now

Mike thanks for the good words and your constant enthusiasm. It is this level of joy that cradles us on our journey through the fire.

I received mine yesterday as well. Videos and photos can't do these books justice. Wash and dry your hands well, then take out this book and actually feel it and look through it. I can only image how awesome the lettered is with the quality that is the S/L. This was my first direct purchase from Suntup via Chad and opening this box was an experience all onto itself. One can tell that Paul has drawn on all his experiences to delivery a quality product that is over the top. No packing peanuts here, the book is literally cradled in foam. I would say that Paul has raised the bar so high that anyone else aspiring to reach this level of production couldn't help but fall short. Paul has taken the bar, broken it over his leg, and cast it aside.

Holding one of Paul's books, you can feel the love and care that was taken each step of the way. Thank you, Paul for caring enough to deliver only the best for yourself and your clients. Clients, yes. Because being involved in this experience with Paul goes well beyond being a consumer. I'm very much looking forward to continuing this journey with you and you have a client for life, my friend!

Brian, you’re very very kind. Thank you for these wonderful words and the emotions behind them.

Brian861
12-25-2018, 09:55 AM
Most welcome!

MikeDuke
12-25-2018, 10:13 AM
You and your team deserve all the glowing praise you get. I could tell when I got my GE Misery that there was something different about these books. But getting a real S\L is something special. I am looking at it right now and I am smiling. Plus, those sketches at the end that show the two stories of the house was brilliant. Just another detail that separates this from other books. You can feel the difference in the kind of paper that Paul uses. And I may be imagining things but the kind of print Paul used I think allows you to feel the words just a bit. Not extreme, but just enough. A very impressive production.

Yea, I am a very glad that I bought this book. This was my first purchase also directly from Suntup. But as I said before, it won't be the last.

Father Cody
12-25-2018, 11:22 AM
And I may be imagining things but the kind of print Paul used I think allows you to feel the words just a bit. Not extreme, but just enough.

You’re not imagining things, that’s the effect of letter pressing (if I’m saying that right?). If I’m not mistaken, all of Suntup’s books are printed that way.

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Is it true you're doing a special limited lettered edition of Stephen King's Christmas present wish-list, co-signed by Santy Claws?

Hunchback Jack
12-25-2018, 01:18 PM
Congrats to all, and to Paul for what looks like another winning publication!

(My own three Suntup packages have now arrived. Unboxing - with pics - to follow)

zelig
12-25-2018, 01:32 PM
Is it true you're doing a special limited lettered edition of Stephen King's Christmas present wish-list, co-signed by Santy Claws?

The secret is out...

zelig
12-25-2018, 01:35 PM
You’re not imagining things, that’s the effect of letter pressing (if I’m saying that right?). If I’m not mistaken, all of Suntup’s books are printed that way.

So far, yes all have been printed letterpress. Most future publications will be, and some will not. Your pocketbook will thank you! ;-)

webstar1000
12-25-2018, 02:36 PM

What he said. Period.

Br!an
12-25-2018, 03:14 PM

What he said. Period.

Paul is a book lover, who became a collector, who became a publisher and it shows.

Brian861
12-25-2018, 09:48 PM
Paul is a book lover, who became a collector, who became a publisher and it shows.

It sure does, Brian. In all the right places.

Cook
12-26-2018, 07:54 AM

What he said. Period.

You left out that Paul's also a published author... ;)

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_13181.jpg

jeffingoff
12-26-2018, 08:02 AM
Found it interesting that Bad Moon is selling just the planchette. How do you assign a dollar value to it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Limited-Edition-Planchette-For-SHIRLEY-Jackson-Haunting-Hill-House-Suntup-Press/273626298238?hash=item3fb565f77e

Dr. Dawg
12-26-2018, 08:22 AM
Found it interesting that Bad Moon is selling just the planchette. How do you assign a dollar value to it?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Limited-Edition-Planchette-For-SHIRLEY-Jackson-Haunting-Hill-House-Suntup-Press/273626298238?hash=item3fb565f77e

I don't know, but I want it! Thanks for posting!

Cook
12-26-2018, 08:24 AM

Br!an
12-26-2018, 09:15 AM

I wonder when the signed limited of that one will be announced. :evil:

Br!an
12-26-2018, 03:12 PM
BTW, you can purchase Paul's poetry book here. (http://paulsuntup.com/sunset-at-the-temple-of-olives/)

Brian861
12-27-2018, 01:32 AM
BTW, you can purchase Paul's poetry book here. (http://paulsuntup.com/sunset-at-the-temple-of-olives/)

His twinner apparently.

Ricky
12-27-2018, 12:34 PM
Anyone that missed out on a Misery paperweight, I'm accepting offers via PM.

firemonkey66
12-27-2018, 02:07 PM

I wonder when the signed limited of that one will be announced. :evil:

This is when Bruce (NeedfulThings) would post something like:

I know of one that’s signed...:evil:
https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/ah123/tony8379/0/69703ba6-8ab0-4fb3-af74-0d1a3ef9c79b-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Bruce had everything, if something was mentioned on any thread, whether a book or a movie or a TV show, Bruce would soonafter post a picture of a signed copy or some signed piece of memorabilia he owned. Thinking of posting a pic of this reminded me of him:)

Joe315
12-27-2018, 09:14 PM
What’s Bruce up to these days? You mentioning him makes me realize I haven’t seen him in a while.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-28-2018, 12:56 AM
What’s Bruce up to these days? You mentioning him makes me realize I haven’t seen him in a while.

He's fine. He posted this on a King site on Christmas Day.

TRUCKS A 7 scene dramatization published in the SCHOLASTIC VOICE in the September 6,1991 issue.

https://imageshack.com/a/img924/6049/6bq6sc.jpg

Brian861
12-28-2018, 10:07 AM
Horns is officially paid off :excited:

herbertwest
12-28-2018, 10:38 AM
So the perfect timing for the next announcement? :biggrin:

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-28-2018, 10:55 AM

Sounds horny to me.

zelig
12-28-2018, 11:08 AM
Talking about Bruce, he sent me this pic. He made the Planchette functional but adding the wheels.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/IMG_0018.jpg

Brian861
12-28-2018, 01:04 PM
So the perfect timing for the next announcement? :biggrin:

Yeppers. Next month :)

Talking about Bruce, he sent me this pic. He made the Planchette functional but adding the wheels.

Pretty neat

MikeDuke
12-28-2018, 01:14 PM
That's great Brian that it's paid off. Congrats on that. I am anxious also to see what is announced next.

Br!an
12-28-2018, 02:32 PM

I was happy to see that email too.

St. Troy
12-28-2018, 02:55 PM
Did the "paid off" info mean that Suntup had paid off its vendors/suppliers in connection to Horns? I'd initially assumed it simply meant Brian861 had paid his own copy off (some publishers allow installment payments; I have no idea if Suntup does but that's what came to mind), but now people's reactions are making me wonder.

Br!an
12-28-2018, 03:07 PM
Those of us who took advantage of the payment plan just made the last payment.

firemonkey66
12-28-2018, 03:08 PM

Haha, so he ended up buying the next lettered Suntup book even though it was non-King? I’m glad to see he changed his mind:)

Now that I have secured the letter"N" & am only collecting King & say the next lettered book you print is by Joe Blow.... but the 3rd will be another King book.How do I go about passing on the Joe Blow book & keep the letter "N" for the King book & because I did not double dip on the Dragon portfolio I will have to line up Monday hoping to snag a numbered edition & if I do can I hold that # for just the numbered King books?

I will be 77 in just over 2 week & King is no spring chicken & you want me to buy a Lifetime Membership.:lol: To get books by authors I don't collect?

MikeDuke
12-28-2018, 04:18 PM
Happy for everyone who got the lettered HHH. It does look great. I am sure the lettered Horns will be great also. I will be happy with the numbered though.

Brian861
12-28-2018, 10:30 PM
That's great Brian that it's paid off. Congrats on that. I am anxious also to see what is announced next.

Thanks, buddy and me too! Paid off as in free and clear. No credit card debt which makes it that much sweeter.

Beverly Marsh
12-29-2018, 08:27 AM
Congratulations Brian! And Brian.
I still need to grab a gift edition because the artwork is stunning.

MikeDuke
12-29-2018, 08:29 AM

Thanks, buddy and me too! Paid off as in free and clear. No credit card debt which makes it that much sweeter.
Yea no CC debt is a great thing.

Brian861
12-29-2018, 09:51 AM
Congratulations Brian! And Brian. I still need to grab a gift edition because the artwork is stunning.

Thanks, Lori and yes, you should!

Brian861
12-29-2018, 10:26 AM
No Suntup release is truly complete until Jeff releases his video. The second most thing I look forward to when Paul notices a release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPBCKQ457g&feature=em-uploademail

jeffingoff
12-29-2018, 10:43 AM
No Suntup release is truly complete until Jeff releases his video. The second most thing I look forward to when Paul notices a release:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsPBCKQ457g&feature=em-uploademail

Ha. Thanks Brian! I tried to gasp less than when I unboxed MISERY. But I still gasp too much. Also the shots are framed like shit during the actual unboxing.

Brian861
12-29-2018, 10:48 AM
It's fine, brother and you're welcome. I would suspect lots more gasping this coming summer :)

Father Cody
12-29-2018, 11:05 AM
“None of my books went to Harvard or Yale... or even Smith.” Brian’s right, these videos are a hoot. :wtf:

becca69
12-29-2018, 11:11 AM
Paul, you might have to send Jeff some replacement Suntup tape :lol:

zelig
12-29-2018, 11:35 AM
Jeff, you crack me up. Now I know I’m going to be looking forward to these videos every time. And I need to get a knife like that!

zelig
12-29-2018, 11:37 AM
Paul, you might have to send Jeff some replacement Suntup tape :lol:

Ha. Maybe I should.

Hunchback Jack
12-29-2018, 12:19 PM
Congrats, Jeff! Love the video. The excitement and reverence you convey is infectious!

Brian861
12-29-2018, 12:52 PM
Jeff, you crack me up. Now I know I’m going to be looking forward to these videos every time. And I need to get a knife like that!

How cool would a Suntup/Jeffingoff collaboration be to announce the next release :orely:

MikeDuke
12-29-2018, 01:52 PM
Great unboxing. I felt your excitement. Just like I was excited since this was my first S\L.

webstar1000
12-29-2018, 02:25 PM
That suit though bro. Welllllll done!

zelig
12-29-2018, 02:57 PM

He’s just stepping up his game because I tried to be as cool as he was with the jacket. Now he has me beat. I got no suits!

jeffingoff
12-29-2018, 04:26 PM

Thank you, that's high praise. And that is a 1996 Gil Hibbens knife from their Fantasy Line. It's called The Dragon Lord. Pretty affordable.

jeffingoff
12-29-2018, 04:29 PM

How cool would a Suntup/Jeffingoff collaboration be to notice the next release :orely:

That's very flattering. But that would be a bad mix. Paul does great stuff and it's very thorough. I'm more rough and unscripted. I could just imagine all the people spitting out their Kool Aid!

jeffingoff
12-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Great unboxing. I felt your excitement. Just like I was excited since this was my first S\L.

Thank you. It's a spectacular book.

jeffingoff
12-29-2018, 04:32 PM

He’s just stepping up his game because I tried to be as cool as he was with the jacket. Now he has me beat. I got no suits!

This is true! I needed the suit and tie because Paul called me out! But Paul still looks classier in a sport jacket and Ferris Bueller shirt.

webstar1000
12-29-2018, 04:37 PM

This is true! I needed the suit and tie because Paul called me out! But Paul still looks classier in a sport jacket and Ferris Bueller shirt.

Dude.... you do a Tux the next one... I’ll be blown away. Then Paul needs to hire ya. Lol

FlyerPhan0826
12-29-2018, 04:42 PM

This is true! I needed the suit and tie because Paul called me out! But Paul still looks classier in a sport jacket and Ferris Bueller shirt.Incredibly well done!

That is an amazing looking book - love what Paul did with it.

Brian861
12-29-2018, 10:49 PM

How cool would a Suntup/Jeffingoff collaboration be to announce the next release :orely:

That's very flattering. But that would be a bad mix. Paul does great stuff and it's very thorough. I'm more rough and unscripted. I could just imagine all the people spitting out their Kool Aid!

:wtf:

Hunchback Jack
12-31-2018, 02:01 PM
A bundle of Suntup goodies! HHH is another amazing production - what more can be said? And the paperweight is a fun addition to the amazing Misery S/L.

Thanks, Paul and team for an amazing year!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/IMG_1514.JPG

MikeDuke
12-31-2018, 02:14 PM
Wow. That's a great haul. S\L, proof, the paper weight and plamchet. Yea, I say you did great.

HONKYTONKSMASH
12-31-2018, 02:37 PM
Great pic! Particularly envious of that planchette..great way to end the year:thumbsup:

ur2ndbiggestfan
12-31-2018, 02:43 PM
May I ask what device you took that picture with? I love the clarity.

Hunchback Jack
12-31-2018, 03:49 PM
Wow. That's a great haul. S\L, proof, the paper weight and plamchet. Yea, I say you did great.

Thanks, Mike. I was one of the VERY lucky winners of the HHH ARCs that Paul gave away during the last Suntup FB live stream! I could not believe it. The ARC has all the interior illustrations of the numbered edition, too. I will post more pics in my non-King collectors thread some time this week.

Great pic! Particularly envious of that planchette..great way to end the year:thumbsup:

Thanks, Chad. I was lucky to get in quick with my order. It's a neat collectible.

May I ask what device you took that picture with? I love the clarity.

Oh, thanks, Steve! I just used an iPhone. If the photo looks nice it's probably because of the nice things in it. :)

webstar1000
12-31-2018, 03:55 PM
Does the lettereds come with the Planchette ?

playdohman
12-31-2018, 04:02 PM
I am looking for HoHH # 57 to match my Misery #57. I received #167. I got the Misery after my HoHH order but never asked to match the number.

MikeDuke
12-31-2018, 04:43 PM

Khris, you have the subscription right? I would think you would get one. I should have ordered earlier because that does look cool
Plus it says it right here "All Lettered Edition orders will ship with this unique item". Meaning the Planchette.

webstar1000
12-31-2018, 04:44 PM

Khris, you have the subscription right? I would think you would get one. I should have ordered earlier because that does look cool
Plus it says it right here "All Lettered Edition orders will ship with this unique item". Meaning the Planchette.

Yeah I was lazy to look. Lol but Paul told me so I’m good:) thanks mike

MikeDuke
12-31-2018, 04:49 PM

Yeah I was lazy to look. Lol but Paul told me so I’m good:) thanks mike

Welcome Kris. It does look cool. I have seen one on eBay for $125 I think. Tempting. If there is another one.

Dr. Dawg
12-31-2018, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I picked up the one off of eBay. It was a bit pricey, but I don’t think many will come up separately from the book...

firemonkey66
12-31-2018, 06:30 PM
Who won the free lettered HHH?

ICry4Oy
01-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Prolly Ari......

jeffingoff
01-02-2019, 09:13 AM
Scenes from the Suntup Super Supporters (SUNTUP RISING) meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0r6ocwGnMg

Spoiler alert: Everything on the list is a Suntup product.

Brian861
01-02-2019, 10:42 AM
Last time I +1 you, Jeff, I drew negative feedback. Make it rain!! :rofl:

jeffingoff
01-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Don't let the disaster known as Jeffingoff drag you down!

zelig
01-02-2019, 10:55 AM
Who won the free lettered HHH?

We're posting an announcement about this soon. Today or tomorrow. Wasn't Ari!

Brian861
01-02-2019, 10:57 AM

The company we keep......

lotuz
01-02-2019, 11:21 AM

I would love to know where he got the wheels - Amazon and eBay are both coming up short in my search for "planchette casters" and I think this is an absolutely genius idea for a display!!

jeffingoff
01-02-2019, 11:22 AM

The company we keep......

+1

zelig
01-02-2019, 11:25 AM
I would love to know where he got the wheels - Amazon and eBay are both coming up short in my search for "planchette casters" and I think this is an absolutely genius idea for a display!!

He says he got them at an auction some time back. Not sure where you can buy these.

wolfehr
01-02-2019, 02:51 PM

He says he got them at an auction some time back. Not sure where you can buy these.

You might want to try search for small casters, and not planchette specific ones. For example, here’s 0.5” casters. I bet with some more searching can find ones that fit and match.

https://www.pololu.com/product/952/pictures

MikeDuke
01-04-2019, 08:43 AM
The winner was announced and is on the Suntup website. Congrats to the winner.

ym2000
01-04-2019, 12:59 PM
Posted some photos of my HHH lettered here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21560-ym2000-Collection&p=1132708#post1132708

MikeDuke
01-04-2019, 01:08 PM
Posted some photos of my HHH lettered here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21560-ym2000-Collection&p=1132708#post1132708
Very nice pics of the lettered. I am just happy I was able to get the numbered. I am assuming you got Horns as well. I am very excited to see what comes next.

ym2000
01-05-2019, 03:50 AM
Thank you sir! I did get the Horns. And I'm hoping Suntup very similar to Centipede Press will be dedicated to many genres - horror, science fiction, crime or even classic literature. Paul's quality of bookmaking, design, details will be appreciated by many collectors for years to come.

https://i.imgur.com/D6vXlkG.jpg

MikeDuke
01-05-2019, 08:01 AM
That lettered does look sweet as does the Horns lettered. I think we are in good hands with Paul.

jeffingoff
01-06-2019, 11:42 AM
I’ve never read The Haunting of Hill House before. And I’m in the unique position of possessing one of the finest expression of the novel. So I aim to read it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/3f0fe8eb383ce7bab10e509476c12ce9.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/a81f77e8f7b81b8dc3cb7516a0a97077.jpg

Brian861
01-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Jeff? What are you up to?

jeffingoff
01-06-2019, 12:08 PM

Just scheming to get my read on.

Brian861
01-06-2019, 12:21 PM

Just scheming to get my read on.

Used to wrap my school books in the same matter. Just get it on audio, man!

becca69
01-06-2019, 02:03 PM
What's going on, did the site get hacked?

herbertwest
01-06-2019, 03:02 PM
Not hacked. Probably bots that found a way to post spam automatically

Ari_Racing
01-06-2019, 03:08 PM
Post deleted. I can't block him and the user posted in several threads.

becca69
01-06-2019, 04:13 PM
Post deleted. I can't block him and the user posted in several threads.

All I see when I click new posts are these spammers :mad:

zelig
01-06-2019, 04:46 PM
I sometimes wonder about the scumbags behind things like this. Bots or not, the trail always leads to some sociopath who we can only hope gets a Karma smack down at some point.

becca69
01-06-2019, 04:57 PM
I’ve never read The Haunting of Hill House before. And I’m in the unique position of possessing one of the finest expression of the novel. So I aim to read it.

That doesn't appear to be acid-free paper or tape Jeff!

jeffingoff
01-06-2019, 04:59 PM

That doesn't appear to be acid-free paper or tape Jeff!

Ahhhh! No tape is touching the book, but now I’m freaking out!

lotuz
01-06-2019, 06:03 PM

Just don't take more than a few years to read it and you'll be fine :lol: :thumbsup:

jeffingoff
01-07-2019, 04:05 AM

Just don't take more than a few years to read it and you'll be fine :lol: :thumbsup:

I’m a slow reader. But not that slow! Thanks for letting me in off the ledge.

Still it appears that Paul is going to have to sell some acid free temporary dust jackets so people can read his books almost anywhere. Of course I won’t want to mess those up either and I’ll have to buy more paper bags.

Hunchback Jack
01-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Still it appears that Paul is going to have to sell some acid free temporary dust jackets so people can read his books almost anywhere. Of course I won’t want to mess those up either and I’ll have to buy more paper bags.

:D So true!

becca69
01-07-2019, 06:41 AM

You mean acid-free paper bags! :wtf:

Or just get some gloves ;)

jeffingoff
01-07-2019, 06:52 AM

I use rubber-coated tweezers to turn pages and long gloves to hold the tweezers and I keep the book in my portable reading box.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190107/38b81d310703adbdca79997b631f5460.jpg

zelig
01-07-2019, 08:35 AM
Good idea. All future books will ship with one of those.

Earl of Popkin
01-07-2019, 09:48 AM

I use rubber-coated tweezers to turn pages and long gloves to hold the tweezers and I keep the book in my portable reading box.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190107/38b81d310703adbdca79997b631f5460.jpg

Yeah but how do you get the book in and out of the portable reading box without defacing and/or devaluing??
Do you not also have the Home Staging Box that comes with the Acid Free Transport Platform?

Paul maybe you need to start screening your potential buyers before selling to such careless cavalier touchy freely readers.

jeffingoff
01-07-2019, 10:05 AM
Yeah but how do you get the book in and out of the portable reading box without defacing and/or devaluing??
Do you not also have the Home Staging Box that comes with the Acid Free Transport Platform?

Paul maybe you need to start screening your potential buyers before selling to such careless cavalier touchy freely readers.

Of course! All Suntup packages (vacuum sealed) delivered via the Acid Free Transport remain in the "clean room" for 24 hours upon arrival at my Suntup Doorfront (installed last year). I approach them in my Suntup Bunny Suit and place them in the Staging Box which sits closest to the air lock. At that point it's another 48 hours of acclimation time before I can put the book in the portable Reading Box. And even then I'm checking the ph levels of the atmosphere within the Reading Box every 20 minutes. My Suntup Watch reminds me.

Earl of Popkin
01-07-2019, 10:41 AM
Of course! All Suntup packages (vacuum sealed) delivered via the Acid Free Transport remain in the "clean room" for 24 hours upon arrival at my Suntup Doorfront (installed last year). I approach them in my Suntup Bunny Suit and place them in the Staging Box which sits closest to the air lock. At that point it's another 48 hours of acclimation time before I can put the book in the portable Reading Box. And even then I'm checking the ph levels of the atmosphere within the Reading Box every 20 minutes. My Suntup Watch reminds me.

To be safe you should avoid acidic foods for at least 90 days before first contact.

I so want a Suntup Doorfront now; that would be sick. Maybe a Suntup courier too since we can’t trust what our regular postman has been handling. (What if he had just delivered one of those Nocturnal Reader Boxes?)

Paul what a fountain of gold we’re giving you for alternate revenue streams. You’re welcome

jeffingoff
01-07-2019, 10:46 AM

To be safe you should avoid acidic foods for at least 90 days before first contact.

I so want a Suntup Doorfront now; that would be sick. Maybe a Suntup courier too since we can’t trust what our regular postman has been handling. (What if he had just delivered one of those Nocturnal Reader Boxes?)

Paul what a fountain of gold we’re giving you for alternate revenue streams. You’re welcome

The scary thing is the UPS guy delivered my Hill House to my neighbor. When I got the notice that my Hill House was delivered I rushed home to find a humidifier on my porch. I didn't order a humidifier and I knowPaul doesn't make those yet. So because of my Batman-shaming detective skills, I was able to discern that maybe my neighbor had my book because I had his humidifier (I was able to read his name right from the shipping label!). So I headed over there and found my book. Got a nice humidifier too!

Definitely could use the Suntup White Glove Courier Service next time.

webstar1000
01-07-2019, 10:50 AM
IN all seriousness... I sense a Suntup announcement coming. Brace yourselves!

MikeDuke
01-07-2019, 11:19 AM
I hope so. I would be really cool if it were this week.

webstar1000
01-07-2019, 11:20 AM
I hope so. I would be really cool if it were this week.

Haha I’m just going off Paul’s Facebook love broadcast... January sometime so yeah this week be cool:)

Munnecom
01-07-2019, 11:23 AM
If I remember correctly, he said the next teaser video would go up on the 15th. I hope I’m wrong, though...

webstar1000
01-07-2019, 11:24 AM
If I remember correctly, he said the next teaser video would go up on the 15th. I hope I’m wrong, though...

No that is it. I remember now!! ONE WEEK!

MikeDuke
01-07-2019, 11:25 AM
The 15th is fine with me. I can wait.

Munnecom
01-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Maybe we should pool together all those most-wanted lists we submitted a while back, since a few of the most popular suggestions are supposedly in the works...

Brian861
01-07-2019, 11:28 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and mail off the paperwork for payroll deduction.

jeffingoff
01-07-2019, 11:35 AM

I already have the surgeon lined up to remove some of my organs. Problem is, she costs so much that I won't have a lot left over for Paul's book! Also, I'll be missing a lung, kidney, and some intestines! Worth it, though!

Brian861
01-07-2019, 11:41 AM

I already have the surgeon lined up to remove some of my organs. Problem is, she costs so much that I won't have a lot left over for Paul's book! Also, I'll be missing a lung, kidney, and some intestines! Worth it, though!

You can use my guy. He operates out of the back of a van. You just rent the pay by the hour motel room and fill the tub with ice.

zelig
01-07-2019, 11:50 AM

Friday. :evil:

jeffingoff
01-07-2019, 11:52 AM

Friday. :evil:

Just tell me what I'm buying and end this anxiousipation!

MikeDuke
01-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Next Friday. Yea, that works too :excited:.

zelig
01-07-2019, 12:13 PM

This Friday.

MikeDuke
01-07-2019, 12:15 PM

This Friday.
DAYUM. That just made my afternoon.

webstar1000
01-07-2019, 12:18 PM

This Friday.

OH MY....

MikeDuke
01-07-2019, 12:25 PM
This Fri for the first teaser though. Not naming the book and ordering. That's a guess on my part.

jeffingoff
01-07-2019, 12:35 PM

This Friday.

"It's a big book. A classic book. One that you have asked for. Several of you did."
And then he holds up a penny.

zelig
01-07-2019, 12:52 PM
It wasn’t a penny.

MikeDuke
01-07-2019, 12:58 PM
I forget what I asked for besides The Road and Something Wicked This Way comes. Well, now I really can't wait until Friday.

biomieg
01-07-2019, 01:01 PM
I think I suggested Replay by Ken Grimwood... very small chance... (but I do know Paul loves it).

Hunchback Jack
01-07-2019, 01:34 PM
It wasn’t a penny.

A dime?
A nickel?
A quarter?
A Kennedy half-dollar?
A Susan B. Anthony dollar?
A Canadian looney?

(This may take some time ...)

HBJ

zelig
01-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Well, it wasn’t any sort of currency.

Brian861
01-07-2019, 03:41 PM
It wasn’t a penny.

It was lint; a Catholic reference. Therefore, the book is...............drum roll......................Rosemary's Baby

zelig
01-07-2019, 04:19 PM
It wasn’t a penny.

It was lint; a Catholic reference. Therefore, the book is...............drum roll......................Rosemary's Baby

Wasn't lint.

T-Dogz_AK47
01-07-2019, 04:34 PM
It wasn’t a penny.

Wasn't lint.

When I paused the video, the item you held to camera looked hollow in the middle - which is why I originally thought it was a ring. :orely:

Any chance you could tell us what the item is before the teaser video? After all, you didn't know when you held it up to the camera it was too small to see.... Or did you? :evil: :lol:

LetoAtreides
01-07-2019, 04:54 PM
It looks like a subway token to me.

zelig
01-07-2019, 05:04 PM
Remind me not to drop a hint like that again... :eek:

Hunchback Jack
01-07-2019, 08:25 PM
I've got it!

Obviously it's not a book, but a covers album of songs from Turnstiles, by Billy Joel!

http://www.popspotsnyc.com/billy_joel_turnstiles/Turnstyles_Jacket.jpg

At last, we'll get to hear you sing, Paul!

HBJ

herbertwest
01-08-2019, 03:50 AM
What video?

becca69
01-08-2019, 08:01 AM
What video?

https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/212676309671731/

Beverly Marsh
01-08-2019, 08:25 AM
Congratulations Brian! And Brian. I still need to grab a gift edition because the artwork is stunning.

Done!

And Friday is payday...coincidence? Depends on the book :belial:

zelig
01-08-2019, 08:56 AM
At last, we'll get to hear you sing, Paul!

HBJ

No no... I would not subject you to that kind of torture.

Brian861
01-08-2019, 10:06 AM

Done!

And Friday is payday...coincidence? Depends on the book :belial:

Good! Get paid tomorrow but the bills can wait til after the announcement :)

jeffingoff
01-08-2019, 10:12 AM

I think this is just the teaser video telling you when you're going to need to rearrange some priorities.

webstar1000
01-08-2019, 10:13 AM

I think this is just the teaser video telling you when you're going to need to rearrange some priorities.

yes I agree. Teaser with the pre-order up one week later.

Brian861
01-08-2019, 10:14 AM

Oh the priority is already well in place, my good man!

Dr. Dawg
01-08-2019, 07:11 PM
My pictures don’t do this justice, but I’m really ecstatic about receiving this today.

https://i.ibb.co/v39XG3y/F4791-C7-F-58-BE-47-DA-8-ECB-F50-B09-E6-A7-F3.jpg (https://ibb.co/9bPZLbK)
https://i.ibb.co/B4YkQy4/7-E161-FF0-3-A12-4617-B3-B7-E1-D474-E08-B63.jpg (https://ibb.co/WDRCMkD)

Brian861
01-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Good stuff, Dawg!

ur2ndbiggestfan
01-09-2019, 05:26 AM
Paul, you should have been a doctor, that looks like a prescription signature.

webstar1000
01-09-2019, 07:39 AM
I just opened my Suntup HHH productions. My goodness there is no one making books like this today. No one. Everything about this screams originality and quality. I am honored to be in the Suntup family... i really am.

racerx45
01-09-2019, 08:11 AM
My pictures don’t do this justice, but I’m really ecstatic about receiving this today.

https://i.ibb.co/v39XG3y/F4791-C7-F-58-BE-47-DA-8-ECB-F50-B09-E6-A7-F3.jpg (https://ibb.co/9bPZLbK)
https://i.ibb.co/B4YkQy4/7-E161-FF0-3-A12-4617-B3-B7-E1-D474-E08-B63.jpg (https://ibb.co/WDRCMkD)

You have 19, very very cool.

MikeDuke
01-09-2019, 08:17 AM
I just opened my Suntup HHH productions. My goodness there is no one making books like this today. No one. Everything about this screams originality and quality. I am honored to be in the Suntup family... i really am.
I agree. I can't wait to see what's coming down the road.

Father Cody
01-09-2019, 09:02 AM
Whoa #19!

peripheral
01-09-2019, 12:19 PM
Looks bloody amazing...

darkseer
01-09-2019, 02:24 PM

Wow really nice !!!

Dr. Dawg
01-10-2019, 09:55 AM
Thanks everyone. The art print itself is awesome, but lucking into #19 put it over the top! I have my eye on a couple of more prints and the folio box, but I'm waiting (anxiously) for the next announcement...

MikeDuke
01-11-2019, 07:06 AM
Hope we get a teaser today.

Joe315
01-11-2019, 09:07 AM
Teaser is out!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=582322485528503&id=1348570651880014&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fsuntupeditio ns%2Fvideos%2F582322485528503%2F&_rdr

Munnecom
01-11-2019, 09:08 AM
Those tiles at 0:07 spell "Ira Levin"...

Br!an
01-11-2019, 09:12 AM
Facebook won't let me watch it.

It is available on the Suntup home page though.

webstar1000
01-11-2019, 09:14 AM
He held a Scrabble Piece up... Anyone know what the book could be?

Br!an
01-11-2019, 09:16 AM
He held a Scrabble Piece up... Anyone know what the book could be?

Rosemary's Baby

Joe315
01-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Rosemary’s Baby?

MikeDuke
01-11-2019, 09:18 AM
Intresting. I knew the letters spelled something but I would not have guessed "Ira Levin" since I was not familiar with that name. But that does bring up some interesting choices. The most popular being Rosemary's Baby. But some of his other books look like classic's also. But I would say Rosemary's Baby.

jon10g
01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
Burnt Offerings by Robert Marasco.

Roseannebarr
01-11-2019, 09:26 AM
I thought that Ira was a McGuffin and thought of burnt offerings as well.

my first thought was nos4atu because of the scrabble pieces. I think he is trying to FOOL us all.

T-Dogz_AK47
01-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Burnt Offerings by Robert Marasco.

my first thought was nos4atu because of the scrabble pieces. I think he is trying to FOOL us all.

How do you both come to that conclusion from the teaser video??? :orely:

I don't think the tiles spelling out the name of a famous novelist (Ira Levin) is a red herring. Even if it were, I still don't see how you get to Burnt Offerings??

RichardX
01-11-2019, 09:50 AM
I'll go with a wild guess and say "Handmaid's Tale." In which case my scrabble pieces will spell "pass".

bdwyer19
01-11-2019, 10:09 AM
Rosemary’s Baby. I’ve never read the book, but the use of the Scrabble tiles is a great scene from the movie.

webstar1000
01-11-2019, 10:16 AM
I'll go with a wild guess and say "Handmaid's Tale." In which case my scrabble pieces will spell "pass".

That would be amazing!

Priest
01-11-2019, 10:21 AM
First scene : ATAOS , spanish , masculine plural of the past participle of atar = to tie up, to attach
but it could be the end or the word as we do not see the beginning.

Second scene : IREVL AIN, what could be IRA LEVIN but also airline, Lavinie or ravelin

Third scene : Pelee , no idea on that

Fourth scene : MARCHA what is probably only the first part of the word.

I think that IRA LEVIN is a trap - its to obvious.

jeffingoff
01-11-2019, 10:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H5UvaTM4Q4

MikeDuke
01-11-2019, 10:36 AM
Man, I completely forgot about that scene. Thanks Jeff.

swintek
01-11-2019, 10:37 AM
Excellent post right up there, Jeffingoff.

T-Dogz_AK47
01-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Yeah, it's quite obviously Rosemary's Baby. :thumbsup:

An excellent choice! Congratulations Paul!! :excited::clap:

Brian861
01-11-2019, 10:50 AM

I thought that was a possibility as well.

wolfehr
01-11-2019, 10:54 AM

NOS4A2 was my initial thought too when I saw the scrabble pieces.

webstar1000
01-11-2019, 11:04 AM

Two Hill books? hmmmmm too close I think BUT excellent guess!

Brian861
01-11-2019, 11:11 AM
Several US limiteds of NOS4A2. I don't see Paul revisiting it.

T-Dogz_AK47
01-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Several US limiteds of NOS4A2. I don't see Paul revisiting it.

+ 1 :thumbsup:

MikeDuke
01-11-2019, 11:17 AM

I agree with this. Kind of close together. Rosemary's Baby is an excellent choice, if that's what it is.

Dr. Dawg
01-11-2019, 12:07 PM
I just told my wife that I'll be getting a Suntup edition of Rosemary's Baby. I agree that it's a great choice, now I just have to read it...

wolfehr
01-11-2019, 12:10 PM

I agree with this. Kind of close together. Rosemary's Baby is an excellent choice, if that's what it is.

+1. NOS4A2 was just the first thing that popped into my head.

Beverly Marsh
01-11-2019, 01:00 PM
I couldn't wait to get on here and see everyone's guesses because I am TERRIBLE with riddles and such. However, NOS4A2 was the first thing that popped into my head as well because of the tiles but I think Brian is correct. Too soon. I totally missed the Ira Levin thing(told ya'll I was bad!) but Rosemary's Baby would be awesome. Has there ever been a limited done of it?

firemonkey66
01-11-2019, 01:06 PM
I couldn't wait to get on here and see everyone's guesses because I am TERRIBLE with riddles and such. However, NOS4A2 was the first thing that popped into my head as well because of the tiles but I think Brian is correct. Too soon. I totally missed the Ira Levin thing(told ya'll I was bad!) but Rosemary's Baby would be awesome. Has there ever been a limited done of it?

There is, but it’s pretty ugly:)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F15 3334133336

A Suntup rosemarys baby will be fantastic, a great homage to a great book:)

lotuz
01-11-2019, 01:10 PM

That would be amazing!

I agree - The Handmaid's Tale would be in my top 5 books I'd like to see get the SE treatment!! In fact I'm sure I put in on my list back when Paul asked for our top 20 suggestions

Beverly Marsh
01-11-2019, 01:15 PM

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F15 3334133336

Ah! Thank you! And I agree, Paul would do better than this :)

RC65
01-11-2019, 11:07 PM

Ah! Thank you! And I agree, Paul would do better than this :)

There have been two signed/limiteds of ROSEMAY’S BABY...the Mysterious Press edition shown at that link AND an Easton Press edition, which is the far more attractive of the two and is the one that I presently
have on my shelf. Here are some pics:

https://twitter.com/ron_clinton/status/999310517146562560?s=21

Dr. Dawg
01-12-2019, 08:32 AM
https://i.ibb.co/DzsS3jL/Screen-Shot-2019-01-12-at-11-23-09-AM.png https://i.ibb.co/C9MqY71/Screen-Shot-2019-01-12-at-11-25-24-AM.png

I just picked up on this connection between the scrabble scene in Rosemary's Baby and the teaser video where MARCA screens across. Can't wait to see the details on this next week!

Dr. Dawg
01-12-2019, 08:36 AM
https://i.ibb.co/ncxNRQw/EP-RB1.jpg
http://www.eastonfranklinbooks.com/images/Rosemarys-Baby-Ira-Levin.jpg

It looks like Easton Press has done at least 2 editions for Rosemary's Baby...

Lurker
01-12-2019, 11:32 AM
I have the top one. It was part of the Masterpieces of Science Fiction subscription and is not signed.

bdwyer19
01-12-2019, 12:23 PM
I have the top one. It was part of the Masterpieces of Science Fiction subscription and is not signed.

Gut feeling that this one won’t be signed either. Unless, of course, the signature sheets were prepped before 2007.

Br!an
01-12-2019, 12:46 PM

Gut feeling that this one won’t be signed either. Unless, of course, the signature sheets were prepped before 2007.

Not signed by the author for sure. :nope:

Lurker
01-12-2019, 01:47 PM
It came out 5 years before the signed one and many of the Masterpieces were signed.

playdohman
01-12-2019, 02:24 PM

I saw the top one at a used bookstore today for $79.

dnemec
01-13-2019, 09:42 AM
Rosemary's Baby is one of my absolute favorites. I was able to track down a nice 1st/1st signed, but it was not cheap. Interested to see how Suntup does this one up - if you all are right, that is!

Dr. Dawg
01-13-2019, 10:50 AM
Definitely! I was thinking the announcement wasn't coming until Friday, but I just realized that the 16th is Wednesday! I am wondering even more now what Paul held up in the Facebook video?

T-Dogz_AK47
01-13-2019, 10:59 AM
Definitely! I was thinking the announcement wasn't coming until Friday, but I just realized that the 16th is Wednesday! I am wondering even more now what Paul held up in the Facebook video?

It was a Scrabble tile. :thumbsup:

zelig
01-13-2019, 12:08 PM

It wasn’t a scrabble tile.

zelig
01-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Also, it was smaller than a bread box.

ICry4Oy
01-13-2019, 01:37 PM

It wasn’t a scrabble tile.

A dog's tag. :shrug:

webstar1000
01-14-2019, 06:00 AM
Friend of mine is selling his horns. He paid $730 for it as it is shipped to Spain. Let me know and I’ll give ya his email

Jason Sechrest
01-14-2019, 10:07 AM
While we're waiting for the big announcement on Wednesday, here's some light reading. My interview with Mike Flanagan, director of GERALD'S GAME, THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, and the forthcoming DOCTOR SLEEP just went up in the Suntup blog. Mike talks about his long history as a Constant Reader. Hope you enjoy! https://suntup.press/keys-to-the-kingdom/mike-flanagan

herbertwest
01-14-2019, 10:21 AM
Will read it whenever I can find the time, thanks !

MikeDuke
01-14-2019, 10:25 AM
While we're waiting for the big announcement on Wednesday, here's some light reading. My interview with Mike Flanagan, director of GERALD'S GAME, THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, and the forthcoming DOCTOR SLEEP just went up in the Suntup blog. Mike talks about his long history as a Constant Reader. Hope you enjoy! https://suntup.press/keys-to-the-kingdom/mike-flanagan
Read it when it when up. Very good interview. Reading it, is where I realized that there was a Gerald's Game movie. That is one of my favorite reads. Kind of disappointed that there is no Blu Ray of this. I guess it's a Netflix thing so there won't be a Blu Ray release of The Haunting of Hill House. At least for a while. But they did put the first season of Stranger Things so that gives me hope. Anyway, back to the interview. I thought it was great.

St. Troy
01-14-2019, 10:53 AM
Flanagan seems to get it, hence his great results. I'd have loved to see what he would've done with The Dark Tower and The Stand.

webstar1000
01-14-2019, 11:31 AM
Flanagan seems to get it, hence his great results. I'd have loved to see what he would've done with The Dark Tower and The Stand.

Agreed.

Brian861
01-14-2019, 04:12 PM

No doubt.

Jason Sechrest
01-14-2019, 06:35 PM
Read it when it when up. Very good interview. Reading it, is where I realized that there was a Gerald's Game movie. That is one of my favorite reads. Kind of disappointed that there is no Blu Ray of this. I guess it's a Netflix thing so there won't be a Blu Ray release of The Haunting of Hill House. At least for a while. But they did put the first season of Stranger Things so that gives me hope. Anyway, back to the interview. I thought it was great.

Mike says he has been begging for HUSH, HILL HOUSE, and GERALD'S GAME to get physical releases. He says he will keep begging.

biomieg
01-14-2019, 11:56 PM
Another great interview, Jason!

herbertwest
01-15-2019, 01:27 AM

Mike says he has been begging for HUSH, HILL HOUSE, and GERALD'S GAME to get physical releases. He says he will keep begging.

I think I read last year or so that some netflix flicks do get some physical release.... but then, not having one is definitely a marketing play to attrack users to their platform...

amd013
01-15-2019, 11:21 AM
Hi Paul,

I just noticed that the last 2 prints in the Covers Collection (at least for the small size) have increased in price by 50% (from $100 to $150). In the past all of them were either $100 or $65 (with one at $35). Is the increase in price due to Michael Whelan? Do you expect this to be the normal price going forward?

MikeDuke
01-15-2019, 11:27 AM

I really hope it happens. And again, a great interview.

webstar1000
01-15-2019, 11:48 AM
ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

zelig
01-15-2019, 01:17 PM
Hi Paul,

I just noticed that the last 2 prints in the Covers Collection (at least for the small size) have increased in price by 50% (from $100 to $150). In the past all of them were either $100 or $65 (with one at $35). Is the increase in price due to Michael Whelan? Do you expect this to be the normal price going forward?

The two Whelan prints only. The regular price will revert back from the March print.

MikeDuke
01-16-2019, 06:42 AM
If I am not mistaken, isn't there supposed be something happening today?

webstar1000
01-16-2019, 07:03 AM
2 hours

Dr. Dawg
01-16-2019, 07:08 AM
I think that the teaser was released at noon eastern (9am pacific)- do we know that this is coming out at about the same time of day? I really hope so!

MikeDuke
01-16-2019, 07:14 AM
I know, I am just so anxious that I had to say something :excited:.

Dr. Dawg
01-16-2019, 09:05 AM
I love the video!

webstar1000
01-16-2019, 09:07 AM
Those books are unreal beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Munnecom
01-16-2019, 09:07 AM
Paul, the (inactive) pre-order buttons have the wrong date on them. They say “2/19/19.”

Edit: Oh, and congratulations on knocking it out of the park yet again!

firemonkey66
01-16-2019, 09:09 AM
Wow, these look amazing! The lettered is definitely above and beyond:)

Dr. Dawg
01-16-2019, 09:10 AM
... that Japanese cloth, though...

I was hoping that cost-wise this was going to be more in line with Hill House than Horns, but I can't resist... I do think that the production values hold up to the cost, though. I am just going to have to wait on those art prints I was looking at...

firemonkey66
01-16-2019, 09:11 AM
Now that the cat's out of the bag, Paul, what were you holding up in the video?

zelig
01-16-2019, 09:11 AM
Paul, the (inactive) pre-order buttons have the wrong date on them. They say “2/19/19.”

Edit: Oh, and congratulations on knocking it out of the park yet again!

Thanks so much for pointing that out! I've been looking at that page too long and didn't notice that. It has been fixed. And thank you!

webstar1000
01-16-2019, 09:13 AM

yes!! What?

zelig
01-16-2019, 09:17 AM

Here you go!

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/IMG_6102.jpg