PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Father Cody
09-25-2018, 10:08 AM
I thought of Rosemary's Baby as well.
The other, though I don't know if it's a book would have been The Omen.

The Omen is a novelization.

Brian861
09-25-2018, 10:09 AM
I received a copy of Misery Artist Gift Edition the other day and man, the gift edition tag doesn't do this book justice. This is not your father's gift edition by any means. I highly suggest it to anyone who missed out on the S/L or Lettered.

When you receive it. Wash your hands thoroughly, carefully remove the DJ, and feel the quality of this book without wearing gloves. It's an experience unto itself.

Brian861
09-25-2018, 10:34 AM

Was the movie based off a book, Adam or vise-versa?

surly
09-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Ahhhhh. Something just clicked in to place for me with the twinkling crucifix. I think I know what it is...

Brian861
09-25-2018, 10:38 AM
And Brian, don't you want it on record that you had a (possibly) winning guess?! Maybe the PAUL GOD will smile and bestow favor upon you!

Oh but I have, my friend ;). And the PAUL GOD is the one who set me upon the path.

Father Cody
09-25-2018, 10:38 AM

David Seltzer first wrote the screenplay for the movie and then later wrote the novel.

Brian861
09-25-2018, 10:41 AM
Ahhhhh. Something just clicked in to place for me with the twinkling crucifix. I think I know what it is...

;)

Brian861
09-25-2018, 10:43 AM

David Seltzer first wrote the screenplay for the movie and then later wrote the novel.

Gotcha.

MikeDuke
09-25-2018, 10:45 AM
No more guessing for me. I lover horror, but I just can't seem to get anything in my head what it could be.

o45deuce
09-25-2018, 10:48 AM
The cross, what looks to be a fire and the tree make me think of Joe Hills Horns

Brian861
09-25-2018, 10:59 AM
The cross, what looks to be a fire and the tree make me think of Joe Hills Horns

I think we have a winner, folks. Paul's favorite Hill book and the one he suggested that I read. I did and it was the start of my Hill obsession. It also lacks a US S/L.

Rosemary's Baby is another damn fine choice as well IMO.

wolfehr
09-25-2018, 11:12 AM

I think we have a winner, folks. Paul's favorite Hill book and the one he suggested that I read. I did and it was the start of my Hill obsession. It also lacks a US S/L.

I loved Horns and would fully support that decision :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffingoff
09-25-2018, 11:21 AM

If that's the book, then this it falls in a very interesting space between King and non-King book. Joe Hill is clearly not Stephen King, but I can see King collectors feeling that Joe Hill should be included on the King track.

cit74
09-25-2018, 11:54 AM

If that's the book, then this it falls in a very interesting space between King and non-King book. Joe Hill is clearly not Stephen King, but I can see King collectors feeling that Joe Hill should be included on the King track.

No idea what next book is - but I’m pretty sure paul said that having misery only linked to future SK and SK only books; so no matter what collectors think/want/feel - that has no bearing on the future rights on certain books. So I think it’s only fair to speak in certain terms - as to what suntup has established…otherwise you muddy the waters and add wild speculation (when none is needed) people complain online, etc., hence why I avoid online facebook/twitter comments - stick to the facts and avoid the b.s.
My 2 cents

wolfehr
09-25-2018, 12:04 PM

No idea what next book is - but I’m pretty sure paul said that having misery only linked to future SK and SK only books; so no matter what collectors think/want/feel - that has no bearing on the future rights on certain books. So I think it’s only fair to speak in certain terms - as to what suntup has established…otherwise you muddy the waters and add wild speculation (when none is needed) people complain online, etc., hence why I avoid online facebook/twitter comments - stick to the facts and avoid the b.s.
My 2 cents

I agree. It was very explicit that there was a separate SK track. Although they’re related, Joe Hill is not SK. He even goes by a pseudonym to differentiate himself.

jeffingoff
09-25-2018, 12:04 PM

My 2 cents

I agree completely. I didn't mean to add speculation (even if I did). I just jumped to where I could see the conversation going. An SK book is an SK book and I hope that's as clear as it is simple.

Br!an
09-25-2018, 12:58 PM
Horns would be cool, and no it isn't a Stephen King book.

bounce0320
09-25-2018, 01:14 PM
I am leaning with the Horns theory but I also think that the heading itself might be a clue “In 2 days, all will be revealed” ... from Luke 12:2 - “For there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed, neither hid that shall not be known”. Don’t think that I pulled that off the top of my head - I looked it up. So does Luke 12:2 play a roll anywhere not yet mentioned?

swintek
09-25-2018, 03:11 PM
Horns? That doesn't sound right to me. While I did enjoy the book, I think PS covered that pretty well. One of their nicer books, actually, and I think that would be an... uninspiring choice for Paul to do, quite frankly. Plus- the teaser vid doesn't feel like "Horns" at all to me.

AKC
09-25-2018, 03:12 PM
Teaser was a dead giveaway and expertly orchestrated.

Well done Paul.

Randall Flagg
09-25-2018, 03:13 PM
I am leaning with the Horns theory but I also think that the heading itself might be a clue “In 2 days, all will be revealed” ... from Luke 12:2 - “For there is nothing covered that shall not be revealed, neither hid that shall not be known”. Don’t think that I pulled that off the top of my head - I looked it up. So does Luke 12:2 play a roll anywhere not yet mentioned?
Just a bit of a stretch...

Br!an
09-25-2018, 04:11 PM
Horns? That doesn't sound right to me. While I did enjoy the book, I think PS covered that pretty well, actually. One of their nicer books, actually, and I think that would be an... uninspiring choice for Paul to do, quite frankly. Plus- the teaser vid doesn't feel like "Horns" at all to me.

That's true.

Br!an
09-25-2018, 04:15 PM

Well done Paul.

Do tell.

webstar1000
09-25-2018, 04:23 PM

Well done Paul.

Do tell.

I’m with Tim on this:)

PennyUnwise
09-25-2018, 04:25 PM

Well done Paul.

Do tell.

I’m with Tim on this:)

Yeah me too!... Now for everyone that doesn't know, please tell.

Randall Flagg
09-25-2018, 04:51 PM
I love when 2 or 3 people might know, and 25 people pretend to know, hoping it will be revealed. Check the timer-that's when the answer will be revealed. Great fun.

AKC
09-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Hint:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180926/04c480059f2643192d22738b49b57acf.png

Randall Flagg
09-25-2018, 05:01 PM
That's a dead giveaway.

Father Cody
09-25-2018, 05:03 PM
Wayne’s World?

webstar1000
09-25-2018, 05:14 PM
Wayne’s World?

Lololol

St. Troy
09-25-2018, 05:58 PM
Hmm...

louis2003b
09-26-2018, 02:24 AM
I have a Lettered Hill House for sale at Publisher cost w/rights to Horns or whatever the next book will be. I also have limited HH for sale for $500

RichardX
09-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Horns wouldn't be the most exciting possibility although I'm sure SP would do it up nicely. Maybe Dracula.

swintek
09-26-2018, 09:37 AM
Horns wouldn't be the most exciting possibility although I'm sure SP would do it up nicely. Maybe Dracula.

I would love to see what Paul could do with DRACULA. Out of the virtually limitless editions of Dracula that have come out over the years- there hasn't been a really definitive "lavish" edition. Yeah, Centipede's, but, personally- I was never a huge fan of the "romantic" Hildebrandt paintings. Drac needs to be illustrated darker than that..

PennyUnwise
09-26-2018, 11:01 AM
Hey guys, if anyone wants to jump on the Suntup train who isn't already let me know. I have The Haunting of Hill House (HHH) #172 on preorder, and unless the announcement tomorrow is something of high interest to me I will be passing on it. You can PM with offers (anything above $350) on HHH to reserve a matching number set for the non-King books. I would rather someone get the opportunity to have a matching set than break it up.

St. Troy
09-26-2018, 11:28 AM
I would love to see what Paul could do with DRACULA. Out of the virtually limitless editions of Dracula that have come out over the years- there hasn't been a really definitive "lavish" edition. Yeah, Centipede's, but, personally- I was never a huge fan of the "romantic" Hildebrandt paintings. Drac needs to be illustrated darker than that..

I too would like Dracula. Folio Society did a nice edition of it, a video of which can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTZt48Ng2Rg

...and although I like this edition (it's on my to-buy list, pending better future editions), I believe SE could improve upon it.

somekindofstranger
09-26-2018, 12:30 PM
Joe Hill getting involved....

https://mobile.twitter.com/joe_hill/status/1045042900181176320

T-Dogz_AK47
09-26-2018, 12:38 PM
My thoughts on all of this.... :orely:

I will be waiting by candlelight in our tree house of the mind.

Brian861
09-26-2018, 01:16 PM
Joe Hill getting involved....

Pretty much seals the deal right there. It may be a let down to some but this news puts me over the moon! M-O-O-N. That spells :excited:

My thoughts on all of this.... :orely:

I will be waiting by candlelight in our tree house of the mind.

Move over, Tim! You're crowdin'

swintek
09-26-2018, 01:34 PM
[QUOTE=somekindofstranger;1124508]Joe Hill getting involved....

Pretty much seals the deal right there. It may be a let down to some but this news puts me over the moon! M-O-O-N. That spells :excited:

Yep, that Joe Hill "no comment" comment implies it's a Joe Hill book. But Horns..? Man, that's an odd choice.

Brian861
09-26-2018, 01:45 PM
Yep, that Joe Hill "no comment" comment implies it's a Joe Hill book. But Horns..? Man, that's an odd choice.

Not at all when you take into consideration who the publisher is.

webstar1000
09-26-2018, 02:05 PM
[QUOTE=somekindofstranger;1124508]Joe Hill getting involved....

Why is It an odd Choice? I think it’s a great one!!

zelig
09-26-2018, 02:10 PM

To each their own, and I respect individual opinions. For me, Horns is a brilliant, beautifully written novel and if were to do an edition of this book, you can be sure it would get the royal treatment it very much deserves.

jeffingoff
09-26-2018, 02:15 PM

To each their own, and I respect individual opinions. For me, Horns is a brilliant, beautifully written novel and if were to do an edition of this book, you can be sure it would get the royal treatment it very much deserves.

You always make the perfect statements.

T-Dogz_AK47
09-26-2018, 02:17 PM
Horns is a great choice. If anyone out there wants to pass on their rights to the Lettered edition of this book, please contact me? I definitely want it! :excited:

swintek
09-26-2018, 02:23 PM

It's my favorite of Joe's novels, but, for me- PS already did it, and fairly recently, and- as I said- pretty darn well, imo. It's a pretty book. That's why I felt it would be an odd choice. Not saying a "bad" one.. As you say- to each their own, and obviously- some folks here are already excited about the prospect.

webstar1000
09-26-2018, 02:29 PM
Horns is a great choice. If anyone out there wants to pass on their rights to the Lettered edition of this book, please contact me? I definitely want it! :excited:

PM Sent brother

louis2003b
09-26-2018, 02:30 PM
Hill has done more limited editions than actual novels. There is nothing limited when it comes to Joe Hill. Lol

webstar1000
09-26-2018, 02:30 PM

It's my favorite of Joe's novels, but, for me- PS already did it, and fairly recently, and- as I said- pretty darn well, imo. It's a pretty book. That's why I felt it would be an odd choice. Not saying a "bad" one.. As you say- to each their own, and obviously- some folks here are already excited about the prospect.

UK version... no US one that I am aware of. I think it’s a brilliant choice and am beyond excited for tomorrow’s reveal. If you love the book so much... you surely must have room in your heart for a Suntup treatment!!

PennyUnwise
09-26-2018, 02:34 PM
Again, just want to lay it out there for anyone interested before my offer gets buried. If anyone is interested in Hill's announcement tomorrow and would like first dibs, I have The Haunting of Hill House #172 for sale. Will ponder any offers at retail or above, but looking for close to $500. Just send a PM, thanks!

UPDATE: Sold

jsmcmullen92
09-26-2018, 03:03 PM
I am open for the limited if anyone is looking to pass rights on this.

Just PM me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

louis2003b
09-26-2018, 03:09 PM
I will pass rights with Hill House if you want to purchase it at Publisher price.

I am open for the limited if anyone is looking to pass rights on this.

Just PM me

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

T-Dogz_AK47
09-26-2018, 03:24 PM
I simply don't have the money to purchase a Lettered HHH for the rights to the next non King book - but if anyone out there who currently has a Lettered HHH, wants to keep their Lettered HHH, but is willing to trade a suitable S/L for just the rights to a Lettered copy of the next non King book; please send me a PM?

I have some good stuff available to trade for this....

Brian861
09-26-2018, 04:46 PM

No doubt about that, Paul! I'm just sad I won't have a shot at a Lettered :(

PennyUnwise
09-26-2018, 04:48 PM

No doubt about that, Paul! I'm just sad I won't have a shot at a Lettered :(

Some HHH lettereds made it to the public. It will likely happen again, just quickly save up!

webstar1000
09-26-2018, 05:46 PM
I am selling my copy (U) for issue. Shipping will be free.

PennyUnwise
09-26-2018, 06:01 PM
Feel like I have to go through an FBI background check just to say I transferred rights, and I can't update the shipping address to the buyer's prior to publication without claiming it's mine... what!? This is really complicating something that shouldn't be.

Aronstg
09-26-2018, 08:20 PM
Feel like I have to go through an FBI background check just to say I transferred rights, and I can't update the shipping address to the buyer's prior to publication without claiming it's mine... what!? This is really complicating something that shouldn't be.

Well to be fair I don't believe the other publishers have any process set up to transfer rights. You generally would have to wait until you received the book before you could sell it and then they would show they own the book to continue a series. So while it may seem like a PIA it is actually a very generous service. Imagine the amount of work they have to do on their end to switch up these books.. and they are doing that at no charge. Just some perspective.

PennyUnwise
09-26-2018, 08:26 PM

Well to be fair I don't believe the other publishers have any process set up to transfer rights. You generally would have to wait until you received the book before you could sell it and then they would show they own the book to continue a series. So while it may seem like a PIA it is actually a very generous service. Imagine the amount of work they have to do on their end to switch up these books.. and they are doing that at no charge. Just some perspective.

I presell SubPress books all the time numbered and lettered. You just email an address and ownership change. Have had no issue. Have also never had to provide a photo of my license and encouraged to divulge the price I sold it for. Sorry it's weird....

webstar1000
09-27-2018, 03:19 AM

I totally agree. Very generous service.

The Library Policeman
09-27-2018, 04:34 AM
I agree with Paul. Horns was a great novel and will get the loving treatment we’ve come to expect I’m sure.

herbertwest
09-27-2018, 04:46 AM
I wonder :
- What will be the prices like
- How long it will take for the books to sell out

jeffingoff
09-27-2018, 05:27 AM
I wonder :
- What will be the prices like
- How long it will take for the books to sell out

My guesses:
-No more than the price for Misery (we'll find out in 2.5 hours)
-Much faster than Hill House (no matter what book is revealed)

What isn't a guess--Paul will do an amazing job.

Father Cody
09-27-2018, 05:41 AM

I was surprised when Hill House didn’t sell out the first day. Why do you think this will be different?

Br!an
09-27-2018, 05:50 AM

I was surprised when Hill House didn’t sell out the first day. Why do you think this will be different?

:orely: More people are aware of Suntup Press. Many people have one of Paul's creations in their hands. Likely to be a living author who will be signing.

jeffingoff
09-27-2018, 05:53 AM

Well, Paul split the tracks and King collectors were comfortable knowing that their rights to future King book were secure. So there was no great incentive to jump on a non-King book. They could pass and save the war chest for future King editions.

Still, I thought Hill House would sell out and the reason I just gave is the only one I could fathom. Hill House is on almost every best horror list. And Paul's craftsmanship wasn't a matter of speculation--he had everyone's confidence.

And then Misery was unleashed. Any speculation became reality and confidence became certainty. There was a fair amount of regret reverberating around the collecting community from those who passed on Hill House (from what I saw).

Now people know that Paul does more than deliver on his promises and there's more weight and substance behind the hype. I doubt people will take such a easy pass approach on this one. That could change for future books. I suppose when the secondary market calms down, that could slow the demand. But not right at this moment. That's just my opinion. I jumped on Hill House and I'm so glad I did.

**made a few edits for clarity

jeffingoff
09-27-2018, 05:56 AM

:orely: More people are aware of Suntup Press. Many people have one of Paul's creations in their hands. Likely to be a living author who will be signing.

Hahaha thanks for saying what I meant without all the word-vomit!

MikeDuke
09-27-2018, 06:05 AM
I am happy I got Hill House as well. I have never read any Joe Hill stuff so this will be a new experience for me. Every one seems to say it's a great read so I look forward to reading it.

Father Cody
09-27-2018, 06:12 AM

Hahaha thanks for saying what I meant without all the word-vomit!

Thank you both. That all makes a lot of sense.

webstar1000
09-27-2018, 06:31 AM

I presell SubPress books all the time numbered and lettered. You just email an address and ownership change. Have had no issue. Have also never had to provide a photo of my license and encouraged to divulge the price I sold it for. Sorry it's weird....

Man come on... really? It is a new business. Maybe Paul is trying to learn.... maybe he wants to see how his product is doing. Maybe it is just him and the other way was too much work with all the books trading hands so he had to do something to cut down on the work. MAYBE give the guy a break here?

PennyUnwise
09-27-2018, 06:42 AM

Man come on... really? It is a new business. Maybe Paul is trying to learn.... maybe he wants to see how his product is doing. Maybe it is just him and the other way was too much work with all the books trading hands so he had to do something to cut down on the work. MAYBE give the guy a break here?

Sorry Kris, but come on all this forum does is bow down to Paul's work because he produced a King book. He can do no wrong in anyone's eyes here. If he wants to see how is work is doing he can see prices on Misery, which I am sure he is aware of. He can see people are selling Hill House lettereds for publisher's price, has happened twice (You are trying). Sure I get how Paul wants to cut down on the work by making customer's cover the shipping of products to new buyers, but why in the world does he need my license and want my sale price to do that.

Give the guy a break?... He's never had to have a break with this business because no has ever critiqued it on this forum. Sorry Kris, but his method of rights transfer and updating shipping addresses is not customer friendly. I am sure he will make a reply saying its just best for him, and again... the forum will eat it right up.

zelig
09-27-2018, 07:07 AM

Sorry Kris, but come on all this forum does is bow down to Paul's work because he produced a King book. He can do no wrong in anyone's eyes here. If he wants to see how is work is doing he can see prices on Misery, which I am sure he is aware of. He can see people are selling Hill House lettereds for publisher's price, has happened twice (You are trying). Sure I get how Paul wants to cut down on the work by making customer's cover the shipping of products to new buyers, but why in the world does he need my license and want my sale price to do that.

Give the guy a break?... He's never had to have a break with this business because no has ever critiqued it on this forum. Sorry Kris, but his method of rights transfer and updating shipping addresses is not customer friendly.

Austin, thanks for your feedback on the rights transfer system. I'm always open to receiving feedback. When we released Misery, and had to deal with aftermarket sales and shipping books to the new owners, it was very inefficient, created bottlenecks and slowed down fulfillment. That was the main reason for changing the system, which I explained to you last night in my email reply.

I do hear you on two points though. The requirement for a drivers license from the seller, and the optional sharing of the sale price. I had my reasons for including that, but on reflection it was a poor decision, so I have amended the form accordingly.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Br!an
09-27-2018, 08:01 AM
Brian was right. Horns!

https://suntup.press/horns/

webstar1000
09-27-2018, 08:02 AM
OH. My. WOW.

Hunchback Jack
09-27-2018, 08:03 AM
Paul: Outstanding.

HBJ

Earl of Popkin
09-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Congrats Paul! - here’s to hoping for a successful Summer 2019

Also I’m already ready for your next announcement...

stroppygoblin
09-27-2018, 08:06 AM
anybody translate the morse code at the end of the video? difficult to know where the letter breaks are...

Aronstg
09-27-2018, 08:07 AM
Once again that is initially some gorgeous production. I especially like the tray case for the numbered edition.

Dr. Dawg
09-27-2018, 08:08 AM
Everything about this looks amazing! I loved the countdown and video announcement as well. The price is steeper than I was expecting, but seeing as how I still plan to get both the numbered and gift editions- it's probably fair.

MikeDuke
09-27-2018, 08:08 AM
That does look like a pretty cool book. I am looking forward to getting it and reading it.

Hunchback Jack
09-27-2018, 08:10 AM
Lots of interest:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/Screen_Shot_2018-09-27_at_9_07_57_AM.png

HBJ

Patrick
09-27-2018, 08:12 AM
This will be a beautiful U.S. limited edition, and I loved this book by Joe Hill. I’m looking forward to this release.

herbertwest
09-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Looks stunning, as usual !

@Paul : you should also add the product on the homepage of the website! I was looking for the link but couldnt find anything but at the end of the video ;)

https://suntup.press/horns

jeffingoff
09-27-2018, 08:15 AM
The public orders begin on the 30th. When do the pre-order links go out for those who have HH? This is my first time in that queue.

Hunchback Jack
Looks stunning, as usual !

@Paul : you should also add the product on the homepage of the website! I was looking for the link but couldnt find anything but at the end of the video ;)

https://suntup.press/horns

There is a link at the bottom of the page. You may need to refresh to see it.

HBJ

wizardsrainbow
Beautiful construction/presentation....However, those of you that own Hill House rights are in the driver's seat. There may be few if any left over for the rest of us to get.

Hunchback Jack
09-27-2018, 08:16 AM
The public orders begin on the 30th. When do the pre-order links go out for those who have HH? This is my first time in that queue.

You will get an email no later than 12pm Pacific on Friday, September 28, 2018. If you don't get an email by then, contact them. Matching orders must be in before the public preorder preiod starts to guarantee matching number.

HBJ

jeffingoff
09-27-2018, 08:22 AM

You will get an email no later than 12pm Pacific on Friday, September 28, 2018. If you don't get an email by then, contact them. Matching orders must be in before the public preorder preiod starts to guarantee matching number.

HBJ

OH I'm so stupid! Thank for reading the page for me, copying the text for me, and then pasting it here. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time!

Ari_Racing
09-27-2018, 08:24 AM
VERY VERY COOL!

And I'm getting one of the gift editions for free for winning the contest! :D

Hunchback Jack
09-27-2018, 08:24 AM

HBJ

OH I'm so stupid! Thank for reading the page for me, copying the text for me, and then pasting it here. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time!

No problem, dude.

BTW, there are 65 more copies of the Numbered Edition of Horns than there were of HHH, so the Suntup family will get some more members.

HBJ

Aronstg
09-27-2018, 08:26 AM
I think due to price that that not everyone who owns the limited HHH will pick this up. I imagine there will be close to 130+ of these available when public pre-sale begins.

webstar1000
09-27-2018, 08:29 AM
VERY VERY COOL!

IM gettting one of each. :wink:

MikeDuke
09-27-2018, 08:33 AM
Just an innocent question. Why do people think this is more than HHH. Is it because Joe Hill is alive and really signed it?

Anubis2347
09-27-2018, 08:33 AM
I actually love the art on the gift edition... def picking one up.

GREAT JOB!

webstar1000
09-27-2018, 08:35 AM
Just an innocent question. Why do people think this is more than HHH. Is it because Joe Hill is alive and really signed it?

Did you look at the site and the pics/pricing?

MikeDuke
09-27-2018, 08:41 AM

Yes I did. I am very impressed with how it looks and the art work as well. Remember my issue Kris. I am just trying to understand that's all. It's almost double the price of HHH.

St. Troy
09-27-2018, 08:42 AM
Glad to see a non-SK edition getting a GE (as I may want one in the future).

...and, of course, these look spectacular and distinctive; I would like to fondle :smile: all of SE's publications.

webstar1000
09-27-2018, 08:44 AM

Yes I did. I am very impressed with how it looks and the art work as well. Remember my issue Kris. I am just trying to understand that's all. It's almost double the price of HHH.

No I didnt think you seen the editions was why you were asking...

webstar1000
09-27-2018, 08:45 AM
HHH Lettered U for Issue for sale if you want the new Horns. U is the letter and I will ship it free once it comes too.

MikeDuke
09-27-2018, 08:48 AM

No I didnt think you seen the editions was why you were asking...
All good Kris. It does look great as is. I am getting this for sure.

Br!an
09-27-2018, 08:49 AM

HBJ

You're not stupid. You're special. :wtf:

jeffingoff
09-27-2018, 08:51 AM

HBJ

You're not stupid. You're special. :wtf:

I'm the first one to roll my eyes and get pissed when people ask questions that are easily answered by reading what's already available. I have become what I hate.

Roseannebarr
09-27-2018, 08:55 AM
VERY VERY COOL!

Fine print. Said not open to Ari. He has won too much already

Br!an
09-27-2018, 09:01 AM

There are a lot of reasons.

Joe Hill will be signing and might want a bit more than Shirley Jackson's estate.

The various materials used. Snakeskin spine. HHH has a "slipcase covered with a wood grain paper." Horns "is housed in a custom two-piece die-cut enclosure, covered in Japanese cloth."

MikeDuke
09-27-2018, 09:07 AM
That's what I figured Brian. But I am still confused on when people who bought HHH will get the email link to buy this book, Is it this Sunday? I am new to this part so please forgive my ignorance.

zelig
09-27-2018, 09:09 AM

There are a lot of reasons.

Joe Hill will be signing and might want a bit more than Shirley Jackson's estate.

The various materials used. Snakeskin spine. HHH has a "slipcase covered with a wood grain paper." Horns "is housed in a custom two-piece die-cut enclosure, covered in Japanese cloth."

Yes, Brian is right. When it comes to pricing, every book is very different. There are so many variables that impact price. Aside from materials, etc. something else that has a big impact is the length of the book. Horns has way more pages than Hill House, and this has a direct impact on printing costs. Then throw in letterpress printing, and there you go. I really didn't want to cut any corners with this book. I was going to do it like this, or not at all. It will be beautiful.

zelig
09-27-2018, 09:10 AM
That's what I figured Brian. But I am still confused on when people who bought HHH will get the email link to buy this book, Is it this Sunday? I am new to this part so please forgive my ignorance.

Mike, it's all good bud. You will get the private pre-order link no later than 12pm Pacific tomorrow, Friday.

Br!an
09-27-2018, 09:11 AM

We'll receive a link by tomorrow and have to order by Sunday morning.

MATCHING NUMBERS & LETTERS

Owners of our previous publication (The Haunting of Hill House) will have first refusal rights on Horns. A private pre-order link will be sent to previous owners no later than 12pm Pacific on Friday, September 28, 2018. If you do not receive the link by then, please contact us here.

If you purchased The Haunting of Hill House from the original owner pre-publication, and you would like to order during the private pre-order period, please submit this form.

Your order must be placed before 9am Pacific on Sunday, September 30th, 2018, at which time ordering will be opened up to the public. If you own Misery, and you passed on The Haunting of Hill House, you may order during the public pre-order.

MikeDuke
09-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Right. Length of the book. I did not even think of that. Paul, just another innocent question. And not a criticism because the book looks great. The GE and Lettered both have a certain saying on the book or case somewhere. Will the numbered have that as well?

biomieg
09-27-2018, 09:35 AM
Very nice. I also really liked this book and I am happy that a gift edition will be made available (I would have loved a HHH gift edition as well). Looks like I'll be a Suntup gift edition collector!

Brian861
09-27-2018, 09:35 AM
Brian was right. Horns!

Was hoping I was right anyway. For us diehard Hill fans, the teaser trailer was pretty much the give away. And the fact that it's Paul's favorite Hill novel.

Thanks again, Paul for turning me on to Hill with this novel. Or maybe I should hate you for it LOL. Fine line, my friend :). And another huge thanks to Chad for selling me his extra copy of HHH at publisher's price; which now opens up the preorder for me on the numbered at least. I'm hoping to have a shot at all three.

Congrats on scoring the opportunity to publish this book, Paul as I'm sure you're over the moon right now as much as us other crazed Hill fans. And I completely agree about not cutting corners. We're getting more for our money. The aftermarket as already proved that.

ICry4Oy
09-27-2018, 09:52 AM
A private pre-order link will be sent to previous owners no later than 12pm Pacific on Friday, September 28, 2018. If you do not receive the link by then, please contact us here.
Your order must be placed before 9am Pacific on Sunday, September 30th, 2018, at which time ordering will be opened up to the public.

Have to admit I'm a bit miffed at the timing. Payday for me (and most people I know) is the 1st of the month and I am usually down to my last few dollars by the last of the month. Probably will have to pass on this one. Just proves that old adage that you can't please everyone!

On another note.....I can't be the only one who keeps a tab open in Google to figure out wtf "Bradel binding", "Hahnemühle Bugra" and "Mohawk Superfine paper" are...

surly
09-27-2018, 09:54 AM
Well, this one poses quite the dilemma for me. I collect Hill, I love his work, I quite liked Horns and this looks like it is going to be a stunning edition. In fact, I think I like the numbered more than the lettered and I would love a chance to include it in my collection. But when you factor in the sh!tty Canadian exchange rate these days, the total price will be close to $1,000. I feel like I am facing a decision that I will come to regret for years to come...at least I have a couple of days to think about it. I'm kinda hoping it will sell out instantly, and take the decision out of my hands.

becca69
09-27-2018, 09:57 AM
If it helps anyone, there is a payment plan and the link to sign up for an account is on the announcement page.

becca69
09-27-2018, 09:58 AM
On another note.....I can't be the only one who keeps a tab open in Google to figure out wtf "Bradel binding", "Hahnemühle Bugra" and "Mohawk Superfine paper" are...

Don't forget Escutcheon. That's a good one!

ICry4Oy
09-27-2018, 10:04 AM
If it helps anyone, there is a payment plan and the link to sign up for an account is on the announcement page.

Doesn't help me at all if the money comes out of my account before the first of the month.

George at C-Springs
09-27-2018, 10:31 AM
Well, Paul split the tracks and King collectors were comfortable knowing that their rights to future King book were secure. So there was no great incentive to jump on a non-King book. They could pass and save the war chest for future King editions.

Still, I thought Hill House would sell out and the reason I just gave is the only one I could fathom. Hill House is on almost every best horror list. And Paul's craftsmanship wasn't a matter of speculation--he had everyone's confidence.

And then Misery was unleashed. Any speculation became reality and confidence became certainty. There was a fair amount of regret reverberating around the collecting community from those who passed on Hill House (from what I saw).

Now people know that Paul does more than deliver on his promises and there's more weight and substance behind the hype. I doubt people will take such a easy pass approach on this one. That could change for future books. I suppose when the secondary market calms down, that could slow the demand. But not right at this moment. That's just my opinion. I jumped on Hill House and I'm so glad I did.

I have the Lettered EOTD and Misery, but passed on Haunting of Hill House for one simple reason ... I'd never heard of it. Couldn't tell you why, but had never heard of it (and I'm 52). Since I had no interest, it was easy to pass and have no regret at doing so. Although I've got a couple of Joe Hill's books (NOS4A2 S/L, Locke & Key 2 PC, and Fireman signed), I've never read any of them, including Horns ... so again will probably pass, not much interest (though the S/L sure is pretty). I'll keep the funding available for future Kings!

Br!an
09-27-2018, 10:35 AM

Don't forget Escutcheon. That's a good one!

The various materials and methods are half the fun.

webstar1000
09-27-2018, 10:38 AM
When is the rough release date Paul or did I miss that?

becca69
09-27-2018, 10:39 AM

Summer 2019

webstar1000
09-27-2018, 10:46 AM

Summer 2019

Thanks Becca.

vincent
09-27-2018, 10:53 AM
Congratulations Paul on a very successful launch. The books look beautiful, the pictures are very cool and the text is a joy to read. Such a classy website you have. All except for the crazy hyphens in that font that I can’t get used too :-)

Like everyone, I was very curious about the reveal. Last week I set the clock on my computer ahead to tomorrow a few times and went to your website. The counter went to 00.00.00 and the page forwarded to a page called ‘h-video’, as was programmed into the countdown script. That page did not exist, so that got me nowhere :-). It must have been a placeholder for horns-video, I guess.

Three days ahead now of pingpong in my head, to try to buy or not to try to buy...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

jeffingoff
09-27-2018, 10:53 AM

I have the Lettered EOTD and Misery, but passed on Haunting of Hill House for one simple reason ... I'd never heard of it. Couldn't tell you why, but had never heard of it (and I'm 52). Since I had no interest, it was easy to pass and have no regret at doing so. Although I've got a couple of Joe Hill's books (NOS4A2 S/L, Locke & Key 2 PC, and Fireman signed), I've never read any of them, including Horns ... so again will probably pass, not much interest (though the S/L sure is pretty). I'll keep the funding available for future Kings!

If I pass on the numbered, I will pay more in regret than I could ever recoup. My emotional bank account will be forever in the red. And some day in the distant future, when I am close to death and surrounded by my children and their children, they will look upon me and what I will become with tears welling in their eyes and I will say "Why did I let it go?" And they will know exactly what I'm talking about because it will have been a sore topic from all these days until the end. And then I will pass from this Earhtly Hell.

Father Cody
09-27-2018, 10:55 AM

If I pass on the numbered, I will pay more in regret than I could ever recoup. My emotional bank account will be forever in the red. And some day in the distant future, when I am close to death and surrounded by my children and their children, they will look upon me and what I will become with tears welling in their eyes and I will say "Why did I let it go?" And they will know exactly what I'm talking about because it will have been a sore topic from all these days until the end. And then I will pass from this Earhtly Hell.

It was too easy to picture you saying that in a Hef robe with a glass of scotch in hand.

ke7285
09-27-2018, 11:01 AM
anybody translate the morse code at the end of the video? difficult to know where the letter breaks are...
Us ..- ... Yes -.- - . ... know a little code USN radioman also ham operator. Yes spacing was not there.Paul was sending too fast. lol

T-Dogz_AK47
09-27-2018, 11:08 AM
I simply don't have the money to purchase a Lettered HHH for the rights to the next non King book - but if anyone out there who currently has a Lettered HHH, wants to keep their Lettered HHH, but is willing to trade a suitable S/L for just the rights to a Lettered copy of the next non King book; please send me a PM?

I have some good stuff available to trade for this....

Bump.

I really want a shot at the Lettered Edition of Horns.... :drool::panic:

wolfehr
09-27-2018, 12:11 PM
Woo! Order in for one of each edition. So excited! Loved Horns and all three editions look breathtaking.

swintek
09-27-2018, 12:17 PM
Well, Paul- for someone who didn't think they needed another limited edition of HORNS- I'll say that- clearly- you are not doing just "another" limited edition. Your ideas are inspiring, and all editions look amazing, so- apologies for being skeptical! I really like your choice of artist. A lot. That's what has me on the fence more than anything. Personally, as much as I think the book looks great- I can't see myself "in" a $700 numbered edition (I'm in CA, so- tax). But, as an excited "owner" of the numbered forthcoming HHH, this puts me in an expensive dilemma: Pay up or lose rights to the next one- which I may want more. But, But! Thankfully (and unlike the previous book) you're doing a Gift edition! Very happy that there is this option, and I hope this gift edition sells well enough for you to continue to do them. I'm a huge fan of them (especially MISERY). In any case, all editions look great, and I'm sure it'll be another sell out.

Dr. Dawg
09-27-2018, 12:24 PM
Order in for numbered and gift (1 of each)! This will be the most I personally have ever paid for a book, but I'm a Suntup addict at this point.

jeffingoff
09-27-2018, 12:28 PM
This larger print run raises a question: will all future print runs on numbered editions be set at 250? I assume the answer is yes. Otherwise, you'd have 65 owners with no rights to future non-King books.

St. Troy
09-27-2018, 12:28 PM
What is the limitation on the GE? I didn't see that.

Hunchback Jack
09-27-2018, 12:34 PM
This larger print run raises a question: will all future print runs on numbered editions be set at 250? I assume the answer is yes. Otherwise, you'd have 65 owners with no rights to future non-King books.

I haven't seen any mention of future rights associated with Horns. We'll have to wait and see what Paul has decided.

HBJ

MikeDuke
09-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Just ordered Horns. I am excited because it's my first Hill book and it does look great.

zelig
09-27-2018, 12:55 PM
Well, Paul- for someone who didn't think they needed another limited edition of HORNS- I'll say that- clearly- you are not doing just "another" limited edition. Your ideas are inspiring, and all editions look amazing, so- apologies for being skeptical! I really like your choice of artist. A lot. That's what has me on the fence more than anything. Personally, as much as I think the book looks great- I can't see myself "in" a $700 numbered edition (I'm in CA, so- tax). But, as an excited "owner" of the numbered forthcoming HHH, this puts me in an expensive dilemma: Pay up or lose rights to the next one- which I may want more. But, But! Thankfully (and unlike the previous book) you're doing a Gift edition! Very happy that there is this option, and I hope this gift edition sells well enough for you to continue to do them. I'm a huge fan of them (especially MISERY). In any case, all editions look great, and I'm sure it'll be another sell out.

Ron you have seen the light buddy! No hard feelings, and thank you for the good words. As you can see, a little different to the PS edition, as nice as it was. Just know there is method to most of the madness. I feel strongly about not doing a book as a limited that has already been done. But there are definitely exceptions to that. When deciding on any book I do, it's one of the first things I consider. What has been done before. There were several reasons for deciding to do Horns, which I won't get into now. Regarding the numbered price point, I could go on about the discussion of pricing for an hour probably. But one important thing to realize is that the Suntup numbered editions are basically lettered level books, at least from a production standpoint. And I've heard many say that the numbered Misery was better than some lettereds. It may sound strange, but I lowered the price on this from what it should have been sold at.

I answer to the book, not the dollar.

firemonkey66
09-27-2018, 12:58 PM
Damn fine looking books, Paul. I love the artwork, and I had never heard of the artist before, so thank you for the introduction:)

Father Cody
09-27-2018, 01:00 PM
Order placed for all three editions. You said I could order a lettered, Paul. Remember?

zelig
09-27-2018, 01:00 PM

That's the plan yes. Otherwise I guess we'd have 65 very unhappy folks.

zelig
09-27-2018, 01:04 PM
Damn fine looking books, Paul. I love the artwork, and I had never heard of the artist before, so thank you for the introduction:)

Thanks! And thanks EVERYONE for all of the kind words. We discovered this artist and was just blown away by her work. I also like to showcase new artists who are new to our world. She was the perfect fit, and a pleasure to work with. Wait until you see what else we've come up with for the art. There are 12 interior plates, plus a frontispiece.

Order placed for all three editions. You said I could order a lettered, Paul. Remember?

Listen, when you turn a certain age, you can no longer rely on your memory. I've learned that's a dangerous thing. Some of you will have heard me say, "Sure, no problem! Just remind me..." Soon I'll be getting people saying, hey Paul, remember you told me I could get a lettered for 50% off. You told me, I swear.. ;-)

Father Cody
09-27-2018, 01:12 PM

Listen, when you turn a certain age, you can no longer rely on your memory. I've learned that's a dangerous thing. Some of you will have heard me say, "Sure, no problem! Just remind me..." Soon I'll be getting people saying, her Paul, remember you told me I could get a lettered for 50% off. You told me, I swear.. ;-)

Ha! I know you know I was joking but, for the record - in case anyone else didn’t - I was just kidding around.

Hunchback Jack
09-27-2018, 01:14 PM
Congrats on your Lettered Horns, Adam! :P

HBJ, troublemaker.

Father Cody
09-27-2018, 02:26 PM
Congrats on your Lettered Horns, Adam! :P

HBJ, troublemaker.

Why I oughta... :P

peripheral
09-27-2018, 02:32 PM
Looks beautiful, as expected.

Randall Flagg
09-27-2018, 02:43 PM
A brief reading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lxs5x26Lec

Anubis2347
09-27-2018, 03:05 PM
I'm so jealous of the people that get to preorder... I'm really hoping to nab a gift edition.

Beverly Marsh
09-27-2018, 03:12 PM
Congratulations Paul! Know how much you love this book. I may have to spring for an AE as it will be beautiful.
I just hope that if a Hill book is close to $700 that doesn't make the next King book $1000. IF there is another one ;)
This isn't a comment to solicit a pricing explanation as it's been addressed and understood. Just thinking aloud :)

ym2000
09-27-2018, 05:48 PM
Looks like Paul just showed what world-class limited should look like! I know you think your numbered editions more like Lettered for others and your Lettereds are truly one of the kind Deluxe editions - still, damn that's beautiful. Congrats Paul & team!

wizardsrainbow
09-27-2018, 05:57 PM
simply breathtaking in presentation. Congrats Paul...wish I was preordering!

Brian861
09-27-2018, 10:31 PM
Dave over at Overlook is offering Remarques of the AGE done by Chadbourne. While I'm fan of some of Chadbourne's stuff; I don't think it'd be a good idea at all to let him draw in this book.

webstar1000
09-28-2018, 01:44 AM
Dave over at Overlook is offering Remarques of the AGE done by Chadbourne. While I'm fan of some of Chadbourne's stuff; I don't think it'd be a good idea at all to let him draw in this book.

Lol

jeffingoff
09-28-2018, 04:46 AM

I agree. I like Glenn's work--so it's not a matter of talent or taste. It's one of fit. Chadbourne's work just wouldn't work alongside the other artists and overall tone of Suntup's Misery.

Anubis2347
09-28-2018, 04:57 AM
I was thinking of preordering though Overlook... are they reliable?

jeffingoff
09-28-2018, 05:01 AM

I agree. I like Glenn's work--so it's not a matter of talent or taste. It's one of fit. Chadbourne's work just wouldn't work alongside the other artists and overall tone of Suntup's Misery.

And now I realize you were talking about HORNS. Ha. Don't know why I thought you meant MISERY. Anyway, same thing applies. I don't see Chadburne's stuff fitting in with Magdalena's.

webstar1000
09-28-2018, 05:25 AM

Are you joking?

Br!an
09-28-2018, 06:42 AM

Are you joking?

:wtf:

I've only ordered one item from him about five years ago. It took months for him to ship it to me.

I do think that if you order from him, you'll eventually receive your item.

RC65
09-28-2018, 06:52 AM

There are two genre book dealers I don’t do business with: Overlook Connection and Otto Filip at Realms of Fantasy. So were it me, I would choose another dealer.

Anubis2347
09-28-2018, 07:00 AM
Thank you for the responses.

Hopefully I can grab an Artist Edition on Sunday Direct from Suntup.

herbertwest
09-28-2018, 08:34 AM
This is going to sound dumb but (depending whether or not there are copies left when the sales open), surely the book will resell at least at the selling price right?

I am considering trying to buy one for flipping it, but its cost is the most I ever bought for a book. I know that the MISERY is selling quite well, but that is a King book.
Were there any HILL HOUSE resales at this point?

But then, let's be honnest : they will all be sold before the sales goes on

Father Cody
09-28-2018, 08:38 AM
Were there any HILL HOUSE resales at this point?

I sold my second copy of Hill House (numbered) for $150 above list price.

Hunchback Jack
09-28-2018, 08:48 AM
Incidentally, there is a limit of 1 per household on the lettered, and 1 on the numbered, unless you purchased 2 copies of Hill House. Then you can pre-order 2 on the private pre-order.

Just thought I'd mention it when discussing buying copies to flip.

Father Cody
09-28-2018, 08:58 AM
Incidentally, there is a limit of 1 per household on the lettered, and 1 on the numbered, unless you purchased 2 copies of Hill House. Then you can pre-order 2 on the private pre-order.

Unless it’s just for rights holders, looks like the numbered Horns has a two per household limit.

Brian861
09-28-2018, 09:42 AM

I've placed several orders with Dave and have never had an issue. Well packaged, item as described, and arrived in a timely matter. Apparently others haven't had the same experience.

And now I realize you were talking about HORNS. Ha. Don't know why I thought you meant MISERY. Anyway, same thing applies. I don't see Chadburne's stuff fitting in with Magdalena's.

I didn't clarify either, Jeff so no worries and completely agree with you. The art looks amazing for this book and only she should do any Remarques.

webstar1000
09-28-2018, 09:47 AM
This is my favorite thread now. haha

St. Troy
09-28-2018, 09:49 AM

Not to be obnoxious about it, but bumping this as I expect someone must have this info.

webstar1000
09-28-2018, 09:55 AM

Not to be obnoxious about it, but bumping this as I expect someone must have this info.

He bases limitation on the order volume. He stopped it after one week on Misery and I believe it sounded like this was the same. I am sure Paul or Becca could answer better though:)

Priest
09-28-2018, 09:56 AM
That’s what the website says

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

St. Troy
09-28-2018, 09:56 AM
ok, thanks

Brian861
09-28-2018, 10:36 AM
Order placed! :excited: Thanks so much for your help, Becca! Amazing service here at Suntup.

CyberGhostface
09-28-2018, 10:59 AM

Haven't had any issues myself. Dave was pretty quick at responding to my messages too.

becca69
09-28-2018, 11:17 AM
Order placed! :excited: Thanks so much for your help, Becca! Amazing service here at Suntup.

No problem!

becca69
09-28-2018, 11:18 AM

He bases limitation on the order volume. He stopped it after one week on Misery and I believe it sounded like this was the same. I am sure Paul or Becca could answer better though:)

Yes, it's based on pre-order demand.

Hunchback Jack
09-28-2018, 12:18 PM

Unless it’s just for rights holders, looks like the numbered Horns has a two per household limit.

Adam, I don't think that's correct. You can only buy two Numbered if you have two numbered HHH to match. Otherwise it's one per household, matching or not.

(Paul, Becca, please clarify?)

HBJ

becca69
09-28-2018, 12:20 PM

Adam, I don't think that's correct. You can only buy two Numbered if you have two numbered HHH to match. Otherwise it's one per household, matching or not.

HBJ

Exactly. If you own 2 HH, you can buy 2 Horns, otherwise it's one per household.

Father Cody
09-28-2018, 12:29 PM

HBJ

Exactly. If you own 2 HH, you can buy 2 Horns, otherwise it's one per household.

I’m just going off the pre-order email that has the following paragraph:

“There is a limit of 2 copies per household for the Numbered edition, and 1 copy per household for the Lettered edition.”

There’s no mention of the number of Hill House copies one owns, so just trying to be helpful by mentioning this.

becca69
09-28-2018, 12:58 PM

HBJ

I’m just going off the pre-order email that has the following paragraph:

“There is a limit of 2 copies per household for the Numbered edition, and 1 copy per household for the Lettered edition.”

There’s no mention of the number of Hill House copies one owns, so just trying to be helpful by mentioning this.

Thanks. We updated the wording of the text to be more clear after the first wave of emails went out but it does state it on the order page for the Numbered edition.

LetoAtreides
09-28-2018, 01:14 PM
Does Magdalena have a website or anything for her art? A cursory googling isn't turning up much.

jeffingoff
09-28-2018, 01:15 PM
Does Magdalena have a website or anything for her art? A cursory googling isn't turning up much.

ccording to her bio on the Suntup site, she's not working in her chosen field currently. She's only doing the occasional commission/freelance work. So it makes sense that there's be no web presence. Kind of a shock though, because she's awesome.

becca69
09-28-2018, 02:07 PM

Magdalena has an instagram where she does post some of her art: https://www.instagram.com/bubug_/

LetoAtreides
09-28-2018, 02:32 PM

Magdalena has an instagram where she does post some of her art: https://www.instagram.com/bubug_/

Wow, this is amazing!

amd013
09-28-2018, 05:39 PM
was there a place to enter your number to match for Horns, or is that not necessary since its on file? I didn't notice one, so just wondering if I missed it.

frik
09-28-2018, 08:24 PM
was there a place to enter your number to match for Horns, or is that not necessary since its on file? I didn't notice one, so just wondering if I missed it.

No, there wasn't.
While ordering, there was room though for making comment.
That's where I noted my number.

sk

zelig
09-29-2018, 04:13 AM
Right. Length of the book. I did not even think of that. Paul, just another innocent question. And not a criticism because the book looks great. The GE and Lettered both have a certain saying on the book or case somewhere. Will the numbered have that as well?

Mike, hey. No the numbered edition will not have that text on the enclosure.

Brian was right. Horns!

Was hoping I was right anyway. For us diehard Hill fans, the teaser trailer was pretty much the give away. And the fact that it's Paul's favorite Hill novel.

Thanks again, Paul for turning me on to Hill with this novel. Or maybe I should hate you for it LOL. Fine line, my friend :). And another huge thanks to Chad for selling me his extra copy of HHH at publisher's price; which now opens up the preorder for me on the numbered at least. I'm hoping to have a shot at all three.

Congrats on scoring the opportunity to publish this book, Paul as I'm sure you're over the moon right now as much as us other crazed Hill fans. And I completely agree about not cutting corners. We're getting more for our money. The aftermarket as already proved that.

Brian, I’ve been meaning to respond to you. Yep I think you had it out of the gate. And thanks for the good words.

MikeDuke
09-29-2018, 06:51 AM

Mike, hey. No the numbered edition will not have that text on the enclosure.

Brian was right. Horns!

Brian, I’ve been meaning to respond to you. Yep I think you had it out of the gate. And thanks for the good words.
Thanks Paul, I was just wondering.

amd013
09-29-2018, 08:06 AM
Hi Paul,

Any thoughts on a Misery portfolio?

Mike

ICry4Oy
09-29-2018, 10:20 AM
…..ahem.....

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/tw.jpg

Brian861
09-29-2018, 10:38 AM
[

Brian was right. Horns!

You're most welcome. Might be too early and too close to the same subject matter, but I'm gonna throw this out there again away. I'd love to see Rosemary's Baby in the Suntup pipeline :)

Like I said over on the CD forum; It's gonna be nuts with the ordering tomorrow morning and I'm sure glad I was able to go in through the outdoor :) Thanks, Chad! :deadhorse:

Father Cody
09-29-2018, 11:43 AM
…..ahem.....

Where’d you find that?

MikeDuke
09-29-2018, 12:50 PM
I will be curious to see how long these last publicly.

Br!an
09-29-2018, 04:06 PM
…..ahem.....

Where’d you find that?

It's made up. It's a suggestion.

zelig
09-29-2018, 05:08 PM
Hi Paul,

Any thoughts on a Misery portfolio?

Mike

Good question. There are no plans currently for an art portfolio.

…..ahem.....

You like the idea of a Royal in there, or some of the keys that were left over?

Might be too early and too close to the same subject matter, but I'm gonna throw this out there again away. I'd love to see Rosemary's Baby in the Suntup pipeline :)

:-|

Hunchback Jack
09-29-2018, 05:57 PM
Ooh, a leftover Royal key paperweight would be phenomenal!

ICry4Oy
09-29-2018, 06:41 PM

Typewriter in a snowglobe…..or.....leftover keys in paperweight... :D

zelig
09-29-2018, 07:06 PM

I actually love both ideas. Although I would put something different in the snow globe. Or do two globe versions. Watch this space.

Cook
09-29-2018, 08:43 PM

I actually love both ideas. Although I would put something different in the snow globe. Or do two globe versions. Watch this space.

Very Nice :)

MikeDuke
09-30-2018, 07:10 AM
Totally agree Brian I think I mentioned Roesmary's Baby as well. I think it would great.

Brian861
09-30-2018, 07:29 AM
Totally agree Brian I think I mentioned Roesmary's Baby as well. I think it would great.

Paul made a face. Not quite sure what that means :orely:

amd013
09-30-2018, 08:08 AM
Hmmm, seems the links went live before the published time. I actually got in about 6 minutes early using the link in the email, but I was afraid maybe I clicked the preorder link for HHH customers, so didn't want to violate the honer system so removed it from cart. The link at the butom of the product page weren't live at that time, but when I refreshed at 4 minutes till, it was live, and by that time the Lettered was out of print. However I see the numbered is still not sold out, thought about getting another one, but to be honest it would only be so I could sell it for a profit. Decided that's not the way I roll, so decided to let a true fan snatch one of the remaining ones.

EDIT: hmmm, well I stand corrected, looks like my computer clock is 3 minutes slow. I wonder how that happened, thought it was supposed to sync with the internet time. But at anyrate, I was still in about 6 (really 3) minutes early.

Priest
09-30-2018, 08:09 AM
Still there so a chance for everyone

Father Cody
09-30-2018, 08:12 AM
Hmmm, seems the links went live before the published time. I actually got in about 6 minutes early using the link in the email, but I was afraid maybe I clicked the preorder link for HHH customers, so didn't want to violate the honer system so removed it from cart. The link at the butom of the product page weren't live at that time, but when I refreshed at 4 minutes till, it was live, and by that time the Lettered was out of print. However I see the numbered is still not sold out, thought about getting another one, but to be honest it would only be so I could sell it for a profit. Decided that's not the way I roll, so decided to let a true fan snatch one of the remaining ones.

You added the lettered to your cart before removing it?

Roseannebarr
09-30-2018, 08:14 AM

EDIT: hmmm, well I stand corrected, looks like my computer clock is 3 minutes slow. I wonder how that happened, thought it was supposed to sync with the internet time. But at anyrate, I was still in about 6 (really 3) minutes early.

still 33 left. Horns was my favorite HILL book. $675 is a lot of $$.

wizardsrainbow
09-30-2018, 08:16 AM
I got a lettered, 2 S/Ls and 3 gift editions....like amd013 I was unsure how computer clocks ran in CA vs. CT so I was refreshing every 3 seconds starting at 11:59am....I got live at about 11:59:30 and only bought lettered first. Since I've bought before, all I had to type in was my email and choose it and everything else (address etc) populated...saved time....was lucky....then went back and bought S/Ls and Gifts

The Library Policeman
09-30-2018, 08:17 AM
Yes! Managed to secure a numbered copy. Very happy!

Brian861
09-30-2018, 08:24 AM
I got a lettered, 2 S/Ls and 3 gift editions....like amd013 I was unsure how computer clocks ran in CA vs. CT so I was refreshing every 3 seconds starting at 11:59am....I got live at about 11:59:30 and only bought lettered first. Since I've bought before, all I had to type in was my email and choose it and everything else (address etc) populated...saved time....was lucky....then went back and bought S/Ls and Gifts

Yes! Managed to secure a numbered copy. Very happy!

Congrats, guys!

biomieg
09-30-2018, 08:28 AM
Got a gift (which is what I wanted), very happy! But international shipping is killing (shipping literally costs more than the book itself)...

biomieg
09-30-2018, 08:34 AM
PS I’m not blaming Paul, just stating a fact :smile:

The Library Policeman
09-30-2018, 08:38 AM

Yeah I was gonna order a gift edition too, Michaël but the shipping put me off. $100 wasn’t it?

Roseannebarr
09-30-2018, 08:39 AM
I bought a gift edition as well. Joe hill loves to sign his books, I hope Paul gets him to sign our gift editions!

biomieg
09-30-2018, 08:44 AM

Yeah I was gonna order a gift edition too, Michaël but the shipping put me off. $100 wasn’t it?

It was $86.95 if I’m not mistaken (I don’t have a short term memory anymore)

Priest
09-30-2018, 09:02 AM
Europe folks can pm me - I did a numbered and maybe we can work out something with Paul so that he sends a few copies to me that I can distribute.

Shipping from at to GB or NL is only a few bucks

Let me know if you want me to add a gift for you to my order

Hunchback Jack
09-30-2018, 09:19 AM
Congrats to all those who managed to get a Lettered, Numbered, or Gift edition! Lettereds are all gone, just 15 copies of the Numbered left.

HBJ

Brian861
09-30-2018, 09:29 AM

I ordered my AGE through Camelot. Kim doesn't charge you for it until she ships if that's a better option for some.

Joe315
09-30-2018, 10:23 AM
I’m in for a limited too. I have been debating restructuring my collecting goals by sticking with true firsts and trades. But this is too nice to pass up. Suntup may be my exclusive limited edition supplier.

frik
09-30-2018, 10:34 AM
Europe folks can pm me - I did a numbered and maybe we can work out something with Paul so that he sends a few copies to me that I can distribute.

Shipping from at to GB or NL is only a few bucks

Let me know if you want me to add a gift for you to my order

PM sent.

sk

Brian861
09-30-2018, 10:39 AM
I’m in for a limited too. I have been debating restructuring my collecting goals by sticking with true firsts and trades. But this is too nice to pass up. Suntup may be my exclusive limited edition supplier.

Congrats! Not a bad collection to exclusive own.

Patrick
09-30-2018, 10:41 AM
I ordered numbered and gift in the presale.

It never crossed my mind this morning to see if any of the Lettered made it to the general sale. Congrats to Dave and anyone else who locked one in!

webstar1000
09-30-2018, 11:27 AM
7 left!

Priest
09-30-2018, 11:28 AM
make it 6

Pasiuk57
09-30-2018, 11:47 AM
I see no more lettered editions for Horns?
Or am I mistaken?

Joe315
09-30-2018, 11:55 AM
Lettereds are gone.

Joe315
09-30-2018, 11:57 AM
Edit : never mind.

PennyUnwise
09-30-2018, 12:05 PM
And limited is all sold out.

Still 6 left for anyone interested.

Joe315
09-30-2018, 12:11 PM

Huh. Mine phone says out of print but computer says otherwise.

Priest
09-30-2018, 12:12 PM

it shows you sold out (only to you , not to others) when you have all remaining books in the basket -
Tricked myself with this ;D

LetoAtreides
09-30-2018, 12:19 PM
Hey folks, Paul mentioned this on a Facebook group: please don't add books to your cart to check how many are left. This is in effect reserving them for a while when they are in your cart and it makes it show for others that the book is sold out.

Priest
09-30-2018, 12:24 PM
Hey folks, Paul mentioned this on a Facebook group: please don't add books to your cart to check how many are left. This is in effect reserving them for a while when they are in your cart and it makes it show for others that the book is sold out.

checked myself today, this isnt the case.
Books are available to others.

LetoAtreides
09-30-2018, 12:27 PM

Not to speak for the man himself, but just quoting:

"So here's what's happening. If you are someone who is adding large quantities to your cart, only to find out how many copies are left, you are actually preventing people from ordering the book. During the session in which this happens, the system will think that there are no more available, and show that it is sold out. I have had a few people contact me saying they want to order, but it shows that none are available, or there is a negative quantity on hand. So if you are curious to know how many have sold, and you decide to add a large quantity to the cart, maybe think twice because you are preventing people from placing their order. The book would likely have been sold out already (for real) if not for this."

Roseannebarr
09-30-2018, 12:56 PM

"So here's what's happening. If you are someone who is adding large quantities to your cart, only to find out how many copies are left, you are actually preventing people from ordering the book. During the session in which this happens, the system will think that there are no more available, and show that it is sold out. I have had a few people contact me saying they want to order, but it shows that none are available, or there is a negative quantity on hand. So if you are curious to know how many have sold, and you decide to add a large quantity to the cart, maybe think twice because you are preventing people from placing their order. The book would likely have been sold out already (for real) if not for this."

It could be added - be polite and remove the quantity from your cart after viewing.

On facebook they are speculating $1000 to $1400 value after it sells out. I will sell mine for $1200 anybody interested? :excited:

wolfehr
09-30-2018, 12:57 PM

I just picked up a second copy, so 5 or less remaining :)

MikeDuke
09-30-2018, 12:58 PM
Wow David. Not that I would get more than one, but for some reason I thought it was on per person. Unless you had two to begin with. Anyway, that quite the haul. I am happy with my one S\L.

wolfehr
09-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Wow David. Not that I would get more than one, but for some reason I thought it was on per person. Unless you had two to begin with. Anyway, that quite the haul. I am happy with my one S\L.

It says this on the order page...

LIMIT TWO COPIES PER HOUSEHOLD. IF YOU BOUGHT ONE COPY DURING THE PRIVATE PRE-ORDER, YOU MAY PURCHASE ONLY ONE MORE.

MikeDuke
09-30-2018, 01:01 PM
OH. I misunderstood. But like I said, I am happy with just one.

PennyUnwise
09-30-2018, 01:07 PM

It could be added - be polite and remove the quantity from your cart after viewing.

On facebook they are speculating $1000 to $1400 value after it sells out. I will sell mine for $1200 anybody interested? :excited:

You are already trying to sell a copy?....

MikeDuke
09-30-2018, 01:11 PM
3 S\L left. I think I would only buy one, personally, only to give everyone who wants one a chance to get one.

MikeDuke
09-30-2018, 01:14 PM
Just for the S\L? I think we need a non-King Suntup value thread. Just my opinion.

Roseannebarr
09-30-2018, 02:08 PM

Not quite sure I really need a $675 copy of Horns. I like The book. But I could use more signed King! I bought it so I don’t regret not having it, With the option of selling later if I change my mind.

Priest
09-30-2018, 02:12 PM
one left, if you considered now is your moment ;D

Father Cody
09-30-2018, 02:13 PM
one left, if you considered now your moment ;D

Haha

PennyUnwise
09-30-2018, 02:19 PM

Not quite sure I really need a $675 copy of Horns. I like The book. But I could use more signed King! I bought it so I don’t regret not having it, With the option of selling later if I change my mind.

I got you! I just think everyone who wanted the copy already got one, and apparently a bunch of people got a second copy. With that in mind, I think that speculation is way off, and it's only worth retail as of right now unless you get lucky and find someone dying for one that for some reason didn't get one in the six hours they have been available. $675 is a lot for many people, which is why I passed as well. I am not going over $500 unless I have actually read the book.

wolfehr
09-30-2018, 02:21 PM

I got you! I just think everyone who wanted the copy already got one, and apparently a bunch of people got a second copy. With that in mind, I think that speculation is way off, and it's only worth retail as of right now unless you get lucky and find someone dying for one that for some reason didn't get one in the six hours they have been available. $675 is a lot for many people, which is why I passed as well. I am not going over $500 unless I have actually read the book.

Numbered edition is showing as out of stock for me.

webstar1000
09-30-2018, 02:23 PM
Congrats Paul on another stellar production and SELL OUT!

Earl of Popkin
09-30-2018, 02:24 PM
Congrats on selling out your lettered & numbered, Paul!!

Looks like another Suntup Success in the making

LetoAtreides
09-30-2018, 02:25 PM
While it's true that there may not be exorbitant after market prices for the numbered in the near future, a complete sell out of all the limited editions in six hours is a great success by any measure. Congratulations on another stunning edition Paul!

Roseannebarr
09-30-2018, 02:40 PM
Congratulations PAul!!!!

MikeDuke
09-30-2018, 02:42 PM
That's impressive to me. I am hoping to get a S\L Misery at some point but a complete set of non-King Suntup books will suit me just fine.

Father Cody
09-30-2018, 02:44 PM
I severely underestimated the market for a Hill limited. Either that or I overestimated the market for Hill House. Or perhaps no one’s taking any chances anymore with SE books.

webstar1000
09-30-2018, 02:53 PM
I severely underestimated the market for a Hill limited. Either that or I overestimated the market for Hill House. Or perhaps no one’s taking any chances anymore with SE books.

You didn’t expect a sell out Adam?

firemonkey66
09-30-2018, 02:56 PM
Congrats on the sell out, Suntup team!

Father Cody
09-30-2018, 02:57 PM

I didn’t expect anything. Still surprised is all, that Hill House didn’t sell out the first day. If anything, I would’ve expected that title to sell faster than Horns. Especially considering there were less copies. (Talking strictly about the Numbered obviously)

webstar1000
09-30-2018, 03:00 PM

I didn’t expect anything. Still surprised is all, that Hill House didn’t sell out the first day. If anything, I would’ve expected that title to sell faster than Horns. Especially considering there were less copies. (Talking strictly about the Numbered obviously)

Ahhh kk.

Priest
09-30-2018, 03:02 PM
was HHH before or after Misery ?

zelig
09-30-2018, 03:04 PM
Well, thank you everyone! We appreciate your support of the press! Pretty fast sell out for sure.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xIsloV7zOmt81G/giphy.gif