PDA

View Full Version : Suntup Editions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

herbertwest
08-01-2018, 11:23 AM
Congrats to all of those anxiously waiting. Only a few more days for you guys.

Very Fine Books is auctioning off one now and the price isn't outrageous (yet).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-MISERY-Signed-limited-gift-artist-edition-Rick-Berry-SEALED-VF/323362189621?hash=item4b49e37135%3Ag%3A~sEAAOSw5KF bPmvZ&_sacat=267&_nkw=misery+suntup&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

reserve not meet though

Yeah. Hence my (yet). I wonder where VFB has set the reserve. If it's $200, I'd say that's still reasonable and even on the low end.

It didn't sell. High bid of $227.50 with reserve not met.

That's interesting! Can you change the reserve after your listing goes live?? Because I checked before the auction ended to see where it was and the high bid at the time was $201 and the "reserve not met" message was gone. So I assumed the reserve was $200. Maybe I wasn't paying close attention. I seriously doubt you can raise the reserve once people start bidding.

The reserver is still there, the bid being $150

Awhile ago Alan had an interesting tip : bid 1,000 then retract your bid saying your entered the wrong number.
You now know what the is the reserver and how much people are willing to pay, so far

Hunchback Jack
08-01-2018, 12:21 PM
Some sellers see a reserve price as an insurance policy if they want to start with a low bid to get attention, but don't want to risk giving the item away for a song. Makes sense to me.

Reserves are also a way to see where the market is without committing yourself to the highest bid. If the reserve is met, well and good; if not, try again, or relist as a BIN some fraction higher than the highest bid.

Br!an
08-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Some sellers see a reserve price as an insurance policy if they want to start with a low bid to get attention, but don't want to risk giving the item away for a song. Makes sense to me.

Reserves are also a way to see where the market is without committing yourself to the highest bid. If the reserve is met, well and good; if not, try again, or relist as a BIN some fraction higher than the highest bid.

I understand the principle. In this case the reserve is above $227.50 and logically no more than $249. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. He's paying ~$3.00 for the reserve listing each time. So for a $21.50 spread he's spent $6.00 already, making it a $15.50 spread.

So, in this case, I don't get it. For the first auction, sure, but now?

Hunchback Jack
08-01-2018, 03:55 PM
Oh, okay, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you meant it made no sense in this particular case. My bad.

zelig
08-01-2018, 05:52 PM
We are close boys and girls. Lots of planning and prep work going on over here as all the pieces come together. Watch for an official publication announcement next week.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-01-2018, 06:15 PM
We are close boys and girls. Lots of planning and prep work going on over here as all the pieces come together. Watch for an official publication announcement next week.

:excited::excited::excited:

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-01-2018, 06:36 PM
BOOSH! and/or ka-kow! :thumbsup:

herbertwest
08-02-2018, 02:02 AM

For a new book?

stroppygoblin
08-02-2018, 03:57 AM

For a new book?

For the shipping of Misery

FlyerPhan0826
08-02-2018, 04:41 AM
Woohoo!

St. Troy
08-02-2018, 04:53 AM

For a new book?

For the shipping of Misery

Just my two cents, but would a mere shipping notification (even for a very anticipated book) merit the description "official publication announcement"? I suppose technically it fits, but to me it seems a bit grander than "here's the latest update on when you'll receive the thing everyone already knows about."

becca69
08-02-2018, 05:48 AM
There should be an official publication announcement, not just the shipping notices :rolleyes: :lol:

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 06:07 AM
It would be nice if it was an announcement on the next book as well.

webstar1000
08-02-2018, 06:12 AM

Holy let the good folks breath for a minute brother! LOL

Brian861
08-02-2018, 06:17 AM

Slow down there, Hoss. I need a little more recovery time from Hill House! :)

zelig
08-02-2018, 06:17 AM
St. Troy. The shipping notification email is unrelated to the announcement I mentioned. Unless I’m not understanding your post.

Mike, a new book will only be announced some time after everyone has received their Misery order.

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 06:18 AM

Hey, I am following the rules and keeping this a Suntup post. I am just excited that's all. For EVERYBODY involved.
(Moves into corner and promises to shut up)

Brian861
08-02-2018, 06:29 AM
St. Troy. The shipping notification email is unrelated to the announcement I mentioned. Unless I’m not understanding your post.

Mike, a new book will only be announced some time after everyone has received their Misery order.

So based on some rough calculations, I figure I have approximately two weeks to get prepared for the announcement. I reckon the ol' pickup doesn't really need tires quite yet :)

Being late to the game on Hill House, was there a proposed date that these would be ready?

Hey, I am following the rules and keeping this a Suntup post. I am just excited that's all. For EVERYBODY involved.
(Moves into corner and promises to shut up)

:couple:, Mike. I was just bustin your chops. Paul keeps us all in excitement mode! Now, what is that that you have there in the corner :evil:

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 06:44 AM
Hey Brian. The site said Dec 2018 for Hill house. That's why I am just surprised that we may get an announcement for the next book, which will probably be out in 2019, when we have 4 months to go for Hill House. As far as the corner goes, I am not talking :mummy:.

Brian861
08-02-2018, 06:51 AM
Hey Brian. The site said Dec 2018 for Hill house. That's why I am just surprised that we may get an announcement for the next book, which will probably be out in 2019, when we have 4 months to go for Hill House. As far as the corner goes, I am not talking :mummy:.

Thanks, Mike! Now I can play it off as a Christmas present my wife didn't know she bought me :) Lol@the corner.

stroppygoblin
08-02-2018, 07:30 AM
Ah The Announcement, I'd forgotten that was imminent.... :ninja:

http://mgkmi.ru/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/%D0%A4%D0%B0%D0%BD%D1%84%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%8B2.png

What did you expect to find in here? I'm not giving anything away. :evil:

Beverly Marsh
08-02-2018, 08:45 AM

:excited::excited::excited:
I second this emotion.

Randall Flagg
08-02-2018, 09:01 AM
Simon, I expected the Holy Grail:

https://media.giphy.com/media/26n79z2k04VqTSv7i/giphy.gif

Hunchback Jack
08-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Exciting news! The anticipation is killing me.

Br!an
08-02-2018, 09:19 AM

I think some people are reading too much into this.

I assumed Paul meant that since Misery is scheduled to be published on 08/08/2018 he would be making an official publication announcement about it. Probably that it's indeed being published on that date and that shipping notices are imminent.

Knowing Paul, there is probably more to it than just that though. Like everyone is getting a penguin. :evil:

Ben Staad
08-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Damn. If I knew there were penguins involved I would have gotten in on this.

I think some people are reading too much into this.

I assumed Paul meant that since Misery is scheduled to be published on 08/08/2018 he would be making an official publication announcement about it. Probably that it's indeed being published on that date and that shipping notices are imminent.

Knowing Paul, there is probably more to it than just that though. Like everyone is getting a penguin. :evil:

Br!an
08-02-2018, 09:31 AM
Damn. If I knew there were penguins involved I would have gotten in on this.

https://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/PenguinOriginal.jpg

jeffingoff
08-02-2018, 09:50 AM

All editions are getting signed by King!

(that would be bonkers. I'd imagine it would kick up a ton of turbulence!)

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 09:57 AM

Given the praise and respect King has shown this book, why not?

jeffingoff
08-02-2018, 10:05 AM

Given the praise and respect King has shown this book, why not?

I'd imagine that it would piss off the people who paid for the numbered edition (or the lettered). Maybe not, since the editions are so different from one another, but the reason so many were scrambling for the numbered is to chase the sig.

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 10:10 AM
TBH, I don't care. I am just happy that I getting a book with the option to get more. I mean HoHH did not sell out fast like Misery did. But I highly doubt it (a King sig in that book).
There really is no reason for it.

Hunchback Jack
08-02-2018, 10:12 AM

That's exactly how I read it, too. (And I'm still excited!)

Br!an
08-02-2018, 10:27 AM
TBH, I don't care. I am just happy that I getting a book with the option to get more. I mean HoHH did not sell out fast like Misery did. But I highly doubt it (a King sig in that book).

THOHH isn't a King book. It won't be signed by the author(RIP). Centipede Press announced they were also publishing the title.

Those three factors need to be considered. The publication sold out quickly IMHO. It's a desirable title and will definitely increase in value.

jeffingoff
08-02-2018, 10:30 AM

THOHH isn't a King book. It won't be signed by the author(RIP). Centipede Press announced they were also publishing the title.

Those three factors need to be considered. The publication sold out quickly IMHO. It's a desirable title and will definitely increase in value.

Yes to all of that. It also sold out because it put people on a Suntup preorder track. It allowed people who missed out on Misery to get a foothold into this exciting new era.

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 10:42 AM

I got you Brian. I know it's not a King book but if you read the description on the Suntup page, he certainly respects it. I read that CP will be doing their own,
but I doubt I will get that one also. I HAVE to limit myself a bit. I will stick with Paul's books. I guess Considering that some books sell out in minutes and hours,
about a week just did not seem that fast to me. If it goes up in value, that would be great as well. But, I don't know how that could be tracked.
I am just anxious to get it.

Br!an
08-02-2018, 10:52 AM

Yes to all of that. It also sold out because it put people on a Suntup preorder track. It allowed people who missed out on Misery to get a foothold into this exciting new era.

Good point.

It gave collectors who had missed out so far entrée into The World of Suntup™.

Brian861
08-02-2018, 10:54 AM
I'd imagine that it would piss off the people who paid for the numbered edition (or the lettered). Maybe not, since the editions are so different from one another, but the reason so many were scrambling for the numbered is to chase the sig.

If he'd just sign everything like Joe does, there wouldn't be these issues :rolleyes:

THOHH isn't a King book. It won't be signed by the author(RIP).

You must have missed the super secret link to sign up to meet at the crossroads on midnight of the release date for the signing :evil:

Tremendous amount of value in that as you never know what Paul is going to pull out of the proverbial hat next.

jeffingoff
08-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Tremendous amount of value in that as you never what Paul is going to pull out of the proverbial hat next.

It's so interesting to watch it unfold. Because as we've seen with Misery, Paul goes above and beyond (out of the blue adding more art and yet another signature from an artist of King's early works at no extra cost to customers). And people were willing to buy out his editions before any of that was announced. Just imagine the FOMO for people who sat it out. It'll only grow.

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 11:00 AM
That's part of what I was trying to say before. I missed Misery but at least now I am in the Suntup lane for some future books. I am sure that they will be good ones as well. I mean, I feel real excited that I am at almost the beginning that's all.

Br!an
08-02-2018, 11:09 AM

I got you Brian.

I know it's not a King book but if you read the description on the Suntup page, he certainly respects it.

I read that CP will be doing their own, but I doubt I will get that one also. I HAVE to limit myself a bit. I will stick with Paul's books.

I guess Considering that some books sell out in minutes and hours, about a week just did not seem that fast to me. If it goes up in value, that would be great as well. But, I don't know how that could be tracked.

I am just anxious to get it.

This book was an inspiration for King and he certainly respects it.

A book signed by the author and one that isn't (through no fault of her own) will sell at a different pace. A sellout in a week is incredible for an author who has been deceased for 53 years.

Br!an
08-02-2018, 11:14 AM
BTW I just realized that the publication date of Misery is the anniversary of Shirley Jackson's death; 08/08/1965.

Paul? :orely:

Brian861
08-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Tremendous amount of value in that as you never what Paul is going to pull out of the proverbial hat next.

It's so interesting to watch it unfold. Because as we've seen with Misery, Paul goes above and beyond (out of the blue adding more art and yet another signature from an artist of King's early works at no extra cost to customers). And people were willing to buy out his editions before any of that was announced. Just imagine the FOMO for people who sat it out. It'll only grow.

Agreed. Paul has definitely cemented his legacy early on in both the King and publishing worlds.

That's part of what I was trying to say before. I missed Misery but at least now I am in the Suntup lane for some future books. I am sure that they will be good ones as well. I mean, I feel real excited that I am at almost the beginning that's all.

I hear ya, Mike. It was awesome to be on the front row when all of this started even though I had to back out early on. Again, thanks to Chad, I feel like I've been given a second chance at some really special stuff down the road.

Brian861
08-02-2018, 11:21 AM
BTW I just realized that the publication date of Misery is the anniversary of Shirley Jackson's death; 08/08/1965.

Crossroads, I'm tellin' ya. :scared:

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 11:27 AM
I got you Brian. Like I said, I am just happy I was able to get this book and others to follow.
You observation on the pub date is interesting. Paul doesn't seem to me the kind of guy to do things by accident. AND she was born in December Just so happens to be the release month Hill House. The
plot thickens.
Paul is probably reading this thinking "man, these people really are crazy."

Br!an
08-02-2018, 11:32 AM

You asked for it...

I keep trying to post a video of Eric Clapton's Crossroads but the video won't load. :orely:

zelig
08-02-2018, 11:39 AM

That's exactly how I read it, too. (And I'm still excited!)

Yes, exactly. That is all I meant... ;-)

The Haunting of Hill House lettered sold out in 2 hours, and the numbered in 4 days. It's funny what the perception is with regard to "sell out's". Sometimes if a book doesn't sell in a matter of minutes, it's perceived as a slow seller. Any book that sells in days, or even weeks, let alone minutes is impressive to me, no matter who the publisher is.

That is amazing Brian! What a coincidence.

Br!an
08-02-2018, 11:39 AM
I got you Brian. Like I said, I am just happy I was able to get this book and others to follow.
Your observation on the pub date is interesting. Paul doesn't seem to me the kind of guy to do things by accident. AND she was born in December Just so happens to be the release month Hill House. The plot thickens.

If I was to list my copy of THOHH, I would ask at least 150% of issue price. (Not going to happen though.)

I bet it would sell for that in a heartbeat.

I bet that Paul is thinking, "These are my kind of people."

Brian861
08-02-2018, 11:43 AM

You asked for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLhPeLB9bA

The link may be bad, Brian. It's not pulling up for me.

Brian861
08-02-2018, 11:44 AM

100%

jeffingoff
08-02-2018, 11:46 AM
The Haunting of Hill House lettered sold out in 2 hours, and the numbered in 4 days. It's funny what the perception is with regard to "sell out's". Sometimes if a book doesn't sell in a matter of minutes, it's perceived as a slow seller. Any book that sells in days, or even weeks, let alone minutes is impressive to me, no matter who the publisher is.

And CD's edition of IT didn't sell out for weeks after it was announced (I believe) and people are paying a lot more for it now on the secondary market. How long it takes to sell out doesn't necessarily correlate to value.

But it all depends on expectation. I thought your Hill house would sell out faster just based on the buzz generated by Misery. Going into it I didn't think I'd have a shot at the numbered. So when it was available 4 days later I was stunned. And I considered buying another copy.

Br!an
08-02-2018, 11:47 AM

You asked for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLhPeLB9bA

The link may be bad, Brian. It's not pulling up for me.

The link is good. Just go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLhPeLB9bA which is the link.

Something is wrong with the site allowing the link to play.

Brian861
08-02-2018, 11:59 AM
The link is good. Just go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtLhPeLB9bA which is the link.

Something is wrong with the site allowing the link to play.

Oh hell yea! :rock:

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 12:13 PM
For some reason I thought the the numbered took longer then 4 days. My mistake.
And this is how fast IT sold out, right from their site
"The Deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced and the Deluxe Limited Edition sold out within 30 hours of being announced."
So according to them the book wasn't around for weeks. Maybe the gift ed was, but not the others.
Anyway, as you say Paul, how fast a book sells out doesn't mean it's better then something else. It just has to do with demand. And you are right, 4 days is pretty quick.

jeffingoff
08-02-2018, 12:15 PM
For some reason I thought the the numbered took longer then 4 days. My mistake.
And this is how fast IT sold out, right from their site
"The Deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced and the Deluxe Limited Edition sold out within 30 hours of being announced."
So according to them the book wasn't around for weeks. Maybe the gift ed was, but not the others.
Anyway, as you say Paul, how fast a book sells out doesn't mean it's better then something else. It just has to do with demand. And you are right, 4 days is pretty quick.

Sorry, yeah I meant the Gift edition.

Father Cody
08-02-2018, 12:23 PM

Whoa! I bet that’ll play with some minds when Hill House’s publication date’s released (mine included).

So when it was available 4 days later I was stunned. And I considered buying another copy.

I had that realization a day or two after public sales when I found out we could buy two per household. Had no idea we could do that! So glad right now I bought another copy as I’ll likely need to sell it to pay for this upcoming publication.

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Sorry, but these are the version that matters :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVH_si6N5pM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF5fQXVZGug
Cream fan for ever.
OH, and to keep from getting in trouble, Dec can't get here fast enough.

zelig
08-02-2018, 12:32 PM

And that's a good thing... The famous Steve Jobs quote (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/38357.html) says it all.

100%

You are so right man... You ARE my kind of people. Your comment sparked something. So it was back to the garage, digging up old photos. If you will indulge me, here's a very quick story. I also wrote a little about this in one of the RTM posts.

This picture epitomizes what 'my kind of people' are to me. Back when I had my comic store, there was this kid who was picking out his comics for the day to purchase. He had a small stack in his hands, and a calculator on top, figuring out how much they would cost him. I must have felt it was important at the time to take this picture, and all these years later, I can see why.

He had this smile on his face, of wonder and excitement over the comic books. I connected with that kid, who is probably in his 30's today, and in that moment, I knew that the people coming into that store to get their fix, were my people. And I also knew I wanted to be surrounded by people like this. It took a while, but here I am again. Surrounded by all of you, my people. I may not be selling comics now, but I am publishing books, and I'm gonna keep that sense of wonder and excitement alive for you, for as long as I can.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/my-people.jpg

jeffingoff
08-02-2018, 12:38 PM
are[/I] crazy."

And that's a good thing... The famous Steve Jobs quote (http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/38357.html) says it all.

100%

You are so right man... You ARE my kind of people. Your comment sparked something. So it was back to the garage, digging up old photos. If you will indulge me, here's a very quick story. I also wrote a little about this in one of the RTM posts.

This picture epitomizes what 'my kind of people' are to me. Back when I had my comic store, there was this kid who was picking out his comics for the day to purchase. He had a small stack in his hands, and a calculator on top, figuring out how much they would cost him. I must have felt it was important at the time to take this picture, and all these years later, I can see why.

He had this smile on his face, of wonder and excitement over the comic books. I connected with that kid, who is probably in his 30's today, and in that moment, I knew that the people coming into that store to get their fix, were my people. And I also knew I wanted to be surrounded by people like this. It took a while, but here I am again. Surrounded by all of you, my people. I may not be selling comics now, but I am publishing books, and I'm gonna keep that sense of wonder and excitement alive for you, for as long as I can.

That's why you'll always have us. You're the real deal.

MikeDuke
08-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Well, I am your people for sure, I have one at least one person who can attest to that.

stroppygoblin
08-03-2018, 05:32 AM

Rose tinted glasses Paul. I betcha that kid was working out how much profit he could make when he sold them the next week to his 'friends' at school. Kid's probably now a rich, mean spirited Investment banker who is on his second model wife and drives a sporty Tesla, because, well you know....it went to space...

:evil:

Brian861
08-03-2018, 06:40 AM
LOL@Simon.

When it comes to our craziness; we here are all the kid with the calculator.

swintek
08-03-2018, 11:46 AM
Love that picture, and story, Paul! Thanks for posting both. That kind of stuff makes my day.

Br!an
08-03-2018, 12:24 PM

100%

That's so cool. Great story. :thumbsup:

Ben Mears
08-04-2018, 03:51 AM
Love that picture, and story, Paul! Thanks for posting both. That kind of stuff makes my day.

+1

Father Cody
08-04-2018, 09:17 PM
If someone passes on the next release, will they still have the same rights to subsequent releases? For instance, if I pass on the next non-King book, will I still have pre-order access to the non-King books after that? If so, will I lose my number?

Brian861
08-05-2018, 12:51 AM
If someone passes on the next release, will they still have the same rights to subsequent releases? For instance, if I pass on the next non-King book, will I still have pre-order access to the non-King books after that? If so, will I lose my number?

The way I understand it, Adam is that if you pass on either the next King or non-King, you lose your preorder rights to any forthcoming books in that particular group.

The King and non-King are two separate groups as you can pass up all the non-King stuff and still retain your King rights if/when another one is released.

A member also expressed to me that it's best to stay in the loop as you can sell any book that you're not really interested in once its released. Although, I personally feel there will be tremendous value in a fully matched set in either group. King being the most valuable of the two of course.

webstar1000
08-05-2018, 04:03 AM

The way I understand it, Adam is that if you pass on either the next King or non-King, you lose your preorder rights to any forthcoming books in that particular group.

The King and non-King are two separate groups as you can pass up all the non-King stuff and still retain your King rights if/when another one is release.

A member also expressed to me that it's best to stay in the loop as you can sell any book that you're not really interested in once its released. Although, I personally feel there will be tremendous value in a fully matched set in either group. King being the most valuable of the two of course.

Paul can confirm but I’m pretty sure Rights follow the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelig
08-05-2018, 06:08 AM
Brian is correct.

webstar1000
08-05-2018, 06:23 AM
Brian is correct.

So if you had Haunting, sold it once it was released... you still have the rights if you don’t pass them on via the form? Thanks Paul for clarification brother

zelig
08-05-2018, 07:30 AM
Brian is correct.

So if you had Haunting, sold it once it was released... you still have the rights if you don’t pass them on via the form? Thanks Paul for clarification brother

No, when you sell a book, the rights transfer to the new owner.

Br!an
08-05-2018, 07:46 AM
Brian is correct.

:thumbsup:

Br!an
08-05-2018, 07:51 AM

Brian is correct.

You must own the most recent book to maintain the rights. Once the next King book, or non-King book is purchased, a person could sell the previous title and not loose rights.

Adam, If you passed on the next book, you would lose your rights to that number and the pre-sale. You would remain on Paul's customer list. It's possible that Paul might notify previous customers after the pre-sale and before the public on future titles.

zelig
08-05-2018, 08:26 AM
We are deep into prep work for Misery shipping. More soon.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/IMG_4451.jpg

Father Cody
08-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Brian is correct.

You must own the most recent book to maintain the rights. Once the next King book, or non-King book is purchased, a person could sell the previous title and not loose rights.

Adam, If you passed on the next book, you would lose your rights to that number and the pre-sale. You would remain on Paul's customer list. It's possible that Paul might notify previous customers after the pre-sale and before the public on future titles.

Thanks, guys! Appreciate the rundown, Brian and Brian!

Ricky
08-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Those boxes are beautiful. But are they first printings?

zelig
08-05-2018, 09:48 AM

Yes but for completists there is a packing tape variant.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-05-2018, 09:53 AM

LOL! :lol:

Father Cody
08-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Paul, would it be safe to assume the next non-King release will be priced similarly to Hill House?

Brian861
08-05-2018, 10:45 AM

Thanks, Brian for the extra clarifier.

Thanks, guys! Appreciate the rundown, Brian and Brian!

Most welcome, Adam! Just keep buying and you'll be fine ;)

Randall Flagg
08-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Paul, would it be safe to assume the next non-King release will be priced similarly to Hill House?
Yes. Pricing will continue to be in U.S. dollars.

zelig
08-05-2018, 10:56 AM

Yes, it will also have a dollar sign preceding a series of numbers. :lol:

Br!an
08-05-2018, 11:06 AM

Until he figures out everything Paul doesn't even know the pricing. If he set a strict budget then he'd be limiting himself.

Father Cody
08-05-2018, 11:26 AM

Until he figures out everything Paul doesn't even know the pricing. If he set a strict budget then he'd be limiting himself.

I see. Thanks, Brian.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-05-2018, 11:34 AM

Yes, it will also have a dollar sign preceding a series of numbers. :lol:

LOL! :lol:

MikeDuke
08-05-2018, 11:48 AM
We are deep into prep work for Misery shipping. More soon.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/IMG_4451.jpg
Dayum. That's a lot of boxes.

ur2ndbiggestfan
08-05-2018, 12:06 PM
One of those boxes
For my porch is
Destined to land
By the mail lady's hand

I'll be so happy
This book ain't crappy
I'll build it a shrine
'Cause it's mine, MINE, !!!MINE!!!

Randall Flagg
08-05-2018, 01:17 PM
Years in the making
Book, movie, play

Given its just due by Suntup and Paul
Signed for a few, and we know where that leads

Misery for me the collector screams
No Misery for you, not even dead presidents help

Morose and alone
Wishing for Misery

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-05-2018, 01:41 PM
The 26 Lettered boxes are nicer cardboard!

playdohman
08-05-2018, 05:27 PM
It travels in dark
My Misery comes to me
The penguin knows when

Brian861
08-05-2018, 09:37 PM

Therefore, he'd only be able to product limiteds.

firemonkey66
08-06-2018, 01:23 AM
Oh man, it's sooooo close I can taste the Royal glass...:)

shaq
08-06-2018, 05:55 AM
I ordered a misery and my login failed,
It then sold out, I started to wail
I watch the development with envy and glee
Of all the collectors who took it from me.

Enjoy your misery as it can be told
That I missed out, but if I’m so bold,
You need to watch out if you’ve a foot in the door,
As Suntup’s number one fan, I do have a plan
To chop off that foot
get a spare if I can.

So cancel that book, don’t take a chance,
Shaq’s hatchet is ready to deliver that glance!

Brian861
08-06-2018, 06:25 AM

Just don't start licking it :)

zelig
08-06-2018, 06:29 AM

You could if you spread some peanut butter and jelly on them.

Brian861
08-06-2018, 08:26 AM

><

zelig
08-06-2018, 08:47 AM
This is a little last minute because it was not something I included in the plan, but we have been getting a few emails from folks asking if they can have their copy of Misery remarqued. In order to be fair to everyone, and not limit this to those who sent me an email, I am offering the following:

Dave Christensen has agreed to remarque no more than 50 copies, and we are limiting it to the Numbered edition only. No gift or lettered.
His sketches will be of the same detailed style and quality as seen on his The Shining and 'Salem's Lot remarques on The Covers Collection prints.
Dave will make available 2-3 options, and the buyer will get to choose which option they want in their book.
This will delay shipping to you by about 1 month, depending on how fast Dave can get through them. And if you ordered a lettered and a numbered, and you want your numbered remarqued, it will delay shipping of your lettered as well.
The price is $295 plus $25 two-way shipping & handling

To place your order, please click here (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JC7RFPCYVVQYQ) and checkout through PayPal.

IMPORTANT: Orders must be received no later than 8am Pacific time on Tuesday, August 7 2018.

zelig
08-06-2018, 09:52 AM
Please only order this remarque if you have ordered the NUMBERED edition of Misery. I'm seeing one order so far that did not order the numbered. We'll refund that one, and any others. Thanks so much for your co-operation.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Awesome news! I'm down for one of these!! :clap:

Dave Christensen's artwork ROCKS!!! :excited::excited:

PennyUnwise
08-06-2018, 04:13 PM
Another month will be a tough wait, but what the heck I'll do it! Loved seeing his work in the covers collection. An amazing offer. Thank you Paul and Dave.

firemonkey66
08-06-2018, 05:41 PM

I was thinking maple syrup:)

lotuz
08-06-2018, 07:45 PM

:lol: :evil:

zelig
08-06-2018, 08:56 PM

:lol: :evil:

There actually is. :lol:

lotuz
08-06-2018, 09:20 PM
There actually is. :lol:

It's like you understand both the best parts of us and the worst parts of us :orely:

It's almost as if... you're a... collector...

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/niui2.jpg

Br!an
08-07-2018, 10:04 AM
You had me crying...

https://vimeo.com/283194370

webstar1000
08-07-2018, 10:08 AM
You had me crying...

100%

swintek
08-07-2018, 10:22 AM
Yeah, that was really moving. We could feel your release of emotion in that great moment after all you've been through. So happy for you, Paul!

Father Cody
08-07-2018, 10:24 AM
Congratulations, Paul. Happy for you.

MikeDuke
08-07-2018, 10:25 AM
Saw that on Paul's site. It was a such a site to see. The joy was obvious.

DoctorZaius
08-07-2018, 10:44 AM
Thanks for sharing. So excited, even if I have to wait an additional month for the remarque!

scarface
08-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Phenomenal work! Congratulations Paul!

lotuz
08-07-2018, 03:24 PM
You had me crying...

Yes, this was really amazing to watch!

Thank you for sharing so much your journey with us, and also giving us a view into the bookmaking experience.

It's very rare and much appreciated :grouphug:

Brian861
08-07-2018, 04:05 PM
That was awesome, Paul! Congrats on the journey thus far and the ones you still have yet to make. So happy to be a part of your ka-tet.

HONKYTONKSMASH
08-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Congratulations, man. This whole thing coming to fruition has been a joy to watch unfold. :thumbsup:

ruderabbit
08-07-2018, 05:29 PM
I agree with everyone here, it's been fun, and very interesting learning how DR and Suntup Editions started and has become the powerhouse its becoming.

Rock On my friend, I'm very happy for you.

Mark

FlyerPhan0826
08-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Such a fantastic video. Congratulations and thank you for all awesome work to help make us collectors happy!

firemonkey66
08-07-2018, 06:47 PM
Beauty video and installment, Paul. Congrats to all involved!

peripheral
08-07-2018, 07:19 PM
That last video - Almost bought a tear to me eye... You did it, man. Congratulations...

Pasiuk57
08-08-2018, 03:14 AM
Paul
too bad the blog is over. It was really great to read each installment.
Looking forward to the books.
Good luck with future books!

jeffingoff
08-08-2018, 03:21 AM
That video is proof that you're the real deal. Tells me you're in it for the love of the art and that you're chasing artistic perfection and not just profit. I'm thrilled to be getting books from a guy who believes in them as much as you do. And thanks for letting us in. We love the art too.

Ari_Racing
08-08-2018, 04:01 AM
AMAZING and CONGRATULATIONS! Well deserved!

I'm also looking forward for your next projects. :)

T-Dogz_AK47
08-08-2018, 04:07 AM
Wow! The emotion in that video.... :thumbsup:

That video is proof that you're the real deal. Tells me you're in it for the love of the art and that you're chasing artistic perfection and not just profit. I'm thrilled to be getting books from a guy who believes in them as much as you do. And thanks for letting us in. We love the art too.

^^^^ That in a nutshell - I literally couldn't put it better myself! Bravo Paul!!! :clap::clap:

MikeDuke
08-08-2018, 08:36 AM
Great new vid on Paul's Suntup FB page.

playdohman
08-08-2018, 09:22 AM
Did the 50 remarques sell out?

Beverly Marsh
08-08-2018, 09:55 AM
I can't add anything to this that hasn't already been said. Other than thank you for sharing the heartbreak, joy, and ultimate conclusion to the Misery project. I cannot wait to hold that book in my hands(sans white gloves, I want to FEEL it :biggrin1: ) and peruse its contents.

Hunchback Jack
08-08-2018, 11:46 AM
Wow! The emotion in that video.... :thumbsup:

^^^^ That in a nutshell - I literally couldn't put it better myself! Bravo Paul!!! :clap::clap:

Same. Couldn't be more happy for you, and I'm thrilled to be able to see your work first hand.

(On a related note - Shipping confirmation! :panic: )

zelig
08-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your great comments and very heartfelt responses. I truly appreciate it. I have not had a chance to catch up on here for obvious reasons, and I enjoyed reading all of your latest posts during a short break. I'm going back to shipping now, although I have a lot less to ship because I decided to keep all of these for myself.

http://suntup.press/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/IMG_4518.jpg

lotuz
08-08-2018, 05:28 PM

A god of the Book, lording over his domain...

Beautiful picture

firemonkey66
08-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your great comments and very heartfelt responses. I truly appreciate it. I have not had a chance to catch up on here for obvious reasons, and I enjoyed reading all of your latest posts during a short break. I'm going back to shipping now, although I have a lot less to ship because I decided to keep all of these for myself.

hot damn! that's quite a sight:)

vincent
08-09-2018, 12:25 AM
I agree that is a beautiful picture! especially when it's next to the picture of the young batman avatar. Two happy Pauls, both young at heart. Shine on, Paul! The suntup thread is a great place to come for good vibes, I enjoy it very much.

Brian861
08-09-2018, 02:24 AM

I hear they've already been paid for so, why not! ;)

Father Cody
08-09-2018, 05:26 AM

All he has to do now is change his name to Vincent! [emoji51]

Br!an
08-09-2018, 06:05 AM

Two ends of the spectrum.

webstar1000
08-09-2018, 06:22 AM

ahahhahahahahahahahahaha That made me spit my coffee out. LOL

Father Cody
08-09-2018, 08:03 AM

ahahhahahahahahahahahaha That made me spit my coffee out. LOL

:emot-roflolmao: glad to be of service! :)

zelig
08-09-2018, 01:55 PM
Hi folks. Update for you on shipping. We shipped the first batch of numbered editions yesterday and a bunch of the lettereds this morning. A lot more numbereds will got out tomorrow, and the rest of the lettereds.

peripheral
08-09-2018, 02:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqE66RltUaQ

Randall Flagg
08-09-2018, 02:11 PM
Hi folks. Update for you on shipping. We shipped the first batch of numbered editions yesterday and a bunch of the lettereds this morning. A lot more numbereds will got out tomorrow, and the rest of the lettereds.
I have 4 tracking numbers. Did you split my two lettered, and two numbers into separate shipments?

webstar1000
08-09-2018, 02:42 PM

So exciting. I’ll have to wait obviously being so far away so hopefully no one spoils any of the surprises!

zelig
08-09-2018, 03:16 PM
I have 4 tracking numbers. Did you split my two lettered, and two numbers into separate shipments?

Actually, you were getting 4 of each, not 2. :P

RichardX
08-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Kudos on all levels. A fantastic looking book and on time. I'm so used to books being delayed months or years after they are advertised that it is almost shocking to have one released on schedule. Top notch job.

firemonkey66
08-09-2018, 04:54 PM
Nice, I got my shipping notice for the lettered and numbered:excited:

richardsrarebooks
08-09-2018, 05:11 PM
still waiting for mine (numbered).

cit74
08-09-2018, 07:07 PM
Mine are due in on Saturday...of course I am working and my wife will be at the rink all day with Caleb - so looks like I will be picking mine up at the post on Monday...unless it is our regular mailman and he might leave it right at our front door - we will have to see..

webstar1000
08-10-2018, 01:55 AM
Mine.... MONDAY!!!! Never been so pumped!

wolfehr
08-10-2018, 03:13 AM
Saturday by 8pm. Woooo! :)

stroppygoblin
08-10-2018, 05:49 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/MINE_.png

webstar1000
08-10-2018, 05:50 AM

I cannot tell which is mine... :evil: You will have to wait and see how COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL it is:)

wolfehr
08-10-2018, 06:13 AM

I cannot tell which is mine... :evil: You will have to wait and see how COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL it is:)

Lol. You guys are great :)

racerx45
08-10-2018, 09:58 AM
I have have waiting for a shipping notification... I guess this is betterhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180810/60a8329f8cf67cdcfa45fa2f8e3d07a0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

racerx45
08-10-2018, 10:16 AM
I am not going to post any unboxing photos, right now. I think everyone should have the joy of opening their packages and finding the amazing little details for themselves.

Paul – I am at a loss for words to describe how great the experience of opening this incredible production was.
I love the all the details (186 is brilliant)

T-Dogz_AK47
08-10-2018, 10:32 AM
I have have waiting for a shipping notification... I guess this is betterhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180810/60a8329f8cf67cdcfa45fa2f8e3d07a0.jpg

That's a big shipping notification! :wtf: :lol:

webstar1000
08-10-2018, 10:33 AM
I like the waiting on pictures. Thank you for that. Everyone will have it by mid next week and I can tell you I want that joy that you got from those little surprises so thank you for not postin... YET! Cheers:)

Merlin1958
08-10-2018, 10:35 AM
I am not going to post any unboxing photos, right now. I think everyone should have the joy of opening their packages and finding the amazing little details for themselves.

Paul – I am at a loss for words to describe how great the experience of opening this incredible production was.

You people really need to get out more!! lol

racerx45
08-10-2018, 10:38 AM
I like the waiting on pictures. Thank you for that. Everyone will have it by mid next week and I can tell you I want that joy that you got from those little surprises so thank you for not postin... YET! Cheers:)

You’re welcome. I was going to post photos in a spoiler tag but I quickly realized how special Paul has made this. I still can’t wipe the smile off of my face. I even boxed it all back up so I can open it all again later at home.

T-Dogz_AK47
08-10-2018, 10:40 AM

Post the unboxing photos, but put them behind spoiler tags. That way, those who wish to see them without spoiling it for others can do so. :thumbsup:

Either that, or send me some photos in a PM. LOL! :drool::excited:

I have to wait an additional month before I receive mine, as I jumped on Paul's offer of a remarque. :panic:

webstar1000
08-10-2018, 10:41 AM

You’re welcome. I was going to post photos in a spoiler tag but I quickly realized how special Paul has made this. I still can’t wipe the smile off of my face. I even boxed it all back up so I can open it all again later at home.

Just a VERY classy move on your part and I wanted to say thanks. I have been waiting for this for so long and I know Paul like Book "easter eggs" so... I am beyond pumped. THANK YOU!

jeffingoff
08-10-2018, 10:42 AM

I think the CDCC, or the DEA, or whatever federal agency is in charge of classifying mood-altering drugs, is going to have to create a classification for Suntup editions.

FlyerPhan0826
08-10-2018, 10:44 AM
Haha what a great notification :)

Father Cody
08-10-2018, 10:47 AM

No shipping notice here yet either so this inspired me to run to my mailbox. I had a package!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180810/ecd8db725988e0b5e142f56be4c7de55.jpg

Fuck my life.

racerx45
08-10-2018, 10:48 AM

You people really need to get out more!! lol

You’re probably right but then again I’ve seen Block Buster Movies with less thought put into their premier. I think Paul is the Chuck Norris of the publishing world.

jeffingoff
08-10-2018, 10:49 AM

No shipping notice here yet either so this inspired me to run to my mailbox. I had a package!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180810/ecd8db725988e0b5e142f56be4c7de55.jpg

Fuck my life.

:emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao::emot-roflolmao:

The Library Policeman
08-10-2018, 11:00 AM

I can’t see mine arriving in the UK by the middle of next week tbh.

webstar1000
08-10-2018, 11:01 AM

Yes of course.. sorry. Maybe end though?

The Library Policeman
08-10-2018, 11:27 AM

Yes of course.. sorry. Maybe end though?

Hopefully. Fingers crossed!

FlyerPhan0826
08-10-2018, 01:55 PM

Just a VERY classy move on your part and I wanted to say thanks. I have been waiting for this for so long and I know Paul like Book "easter eggs" so... I am beyond pumped. THANK YOU!Couldn't agree more, thank you! My willpower will be tested to not look for pics as mine goes coast to coast :)

richardsrarebooks
08-10-2018, 02:49 PM
Recieved my tracking number....next Thursday. A couple of hours later, another tracking number.....for the "Misery Promo Kit"!

Aronstg
08-10-2018, 03:09 PM
I just received my package. I've never been one to really relish the process of unboxing.. well I'm a convert now. There was so much hype behind this book but honestly.. I think all of the hype was well founded. From the moment you open the box flaps until you flip through the book.. it was a true pleasure. I can't imagine there are many lettered editions with this much thought put into the entire process. I'm absolutely floored.

racerx45
08-10-2018, 03:37 PM
I just received my package. I've never been one to really relish the process of unboxing.. well I'm a convert now. There was so much hype behind this book but honestly.. I think all of the hype was well founded. From the moment you open the box flaps until you flip through the book.. it was a true pleasure. I can't imagine there are many lettered editions with this much thought put into the entire process. I'm absolutely floored.

My reaction to my numbered was “this is better than almost all of the Lettered editions I have”. So I’m right there with you on this one.

Hunchback Jack
08-10-2018, 03:40 PM
I don't have any unboxing photos, but I have box photos:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/930/IMG_00571.JPG

:excited:

HBJ

zelig
08-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Okay folks, I'm pleased to say that all Numbered and Lettered orders have now been shipped. I see that a few have already started to show up, which is great! Those who have received and posted how happy you are, THANK YOU so much! It's one of the things that drives me. And I have received some incredible emails, that make this all worth it. ENJOY!

If anyone has not received an order notification, and you did NOT order a remarque, just submit the contact form at suntup.press.

Father Cody
08-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Maybe you’d love to know also that it’s all anyone’s talking about today. Congratulations, man. You done good.

Jimimck
08-10-2018, 05:10 PM
Just saw a heap of up close photos of the numbered edition. Wow. Just wow.

playdohman
08-10-2018, 05:17 PM
I received my new precious today and I am blown away. It is an absolutely amazing edition. It is elegant and classic. And I am only talking about the limited edition. I cannot fathom what the lettered will be like.

Thank you Paul Suntup for bringing your vision and passion to fruition.

-Patrick

webstar1000
08-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Man I wonder if I will be the first to get the Lettered... I have not heard of anyone opening it yet. Anyone here?

Jimimck
08-10-2018, 05:45 PM
Man I wonder if I will be the first to get the Lettered... I have not heard of anyone opening it yet. Anyone here?

I opened mine last night. Was underwhelmed so I've sent it back for a refund.

webstar1000
08-10-2018, 05:45 PM

Not NRB June box dude... Lettered Misery.

Jimimck
08-10-2018, 05:47 PM

Not NRB June box dude... Lettered Misery.

Like I'd be a NRB customer

Jason Sechrest
08-10-2018, 08:48 PM
For those few who ARE looking for spoilers and absolutely cannot wait, just a heads up that there are 80 gorgeously staged photos in a Facebook group called: Stephen King Rare Editions (1st's, Signed, limited, Lettered, Proofs). You'll need to join the group to see the photos. (And if you're on FB, you should. They're a great bunch of people.) Once you do, you can see them via this link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1884229755159861/permalink/2051400835109418/

thegunslinger41
08-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Looking to buy a copy of signed deluxe of misery. Please text me at 8322354187 with price. Thank you.

herbertwest
08-11-2018, 12:16 AM
For those few who ARE looking for spoilers and absolutely cannot wait, just a heads up that there are 80 gorgeously staged photos in a Facebook group called: Stephen King Rare Editions (1st's, Signed, limited, Lettered, Proofs). You'll need to join the group to see the photos. (And if you're on FB, you should. They're a great bunch of people.) Once you do, you can see them via this link.

Thanks Jason

Beverly Marsh
08-11-2018, 04:08 AM
Not one, but two shipping confirmations! That was a surprise, the first of many I imagine as I too will be avoiding all spoilers. To those of you that have received yours congrats and enjoy!

zelig
08-11-2018, 04:43 AM
Not one, but two shipping confirmations! That was a surprise, the first of many I imagine as I too will be avoiding all spoilers. To those of you that have received yours congrats and enjoy!

And you’re going to get a 3rd. I forgot to include the postcards and bookmark in a few orders. Nice one Paul. I’m docking him a weeks pay for that.

zelig
08-11-2018, 05:03 AM

Thanks for posting this Jason. These are some of the best pictures I’ve seen. I was looking through them last night and I was just taken by them. I’ve been so close to the project for so long and because of that, it’s easy to miss a certain vantage point. I realized this as I was looking through those shots. It made me step back and really see the book in a different way to how I have been seeing it while working on it, and I don’t mind admitting that I got a little emotional looking through those pictures. Thanks for spending the time staging and taking those shots Patrick. They are just wonderful.

playdohman
08-11-2018, 08:48 AM

Thanks for posting this Jason. These are some of the best pictures I’ve seen. I was looking through them last night and I was just taken by them. I’ve been so close to the project for so long and because of that, it’s easy to miss a certain vantage point. I realized this as I was looking through those shots. It made me step back and really see the book in a different way to how I have been seeing it while working on it, and I don’t mind admitting that I got a little emotional looking through those pictures. Thanks for spending the time staging and taking those shots Patrick. They are just wonderful.

Jason, Thank you for posting the link and sharing it with everyone here.

Paul, I am so pleased that you like the pictures. The book is magnificent and I tried to capture the experience as best as I could to share. And it was an experience and I had so much fun doing it. The passion and dedication that went into all aspects of the book, the swag and the packaging is obvious. It is a numbered edition that rivals most lettereds and exceeded my expectations by miles.

Brian861
08-11-2018, 09:06 AM

>< :doh:

Randall Flagg
08-11-2018, 10:01 AM
Here are 3 pictures to show the scale and weight of the box I received today. I'm spoiler tagging them, but they really are pretty innocuous.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1534010298-Misery%20box%201.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1534010307-Misery%20box%202.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1534010315-Misery%20weight.JPG

tippy4
08-11-2018, 10:28 AM
A beautiful Production Paul.

Congratulation....very well done sir!

Br!an
08-11-2018, 10:46 AM
Mine will be here Thursday.

https://media.giphy.com/media/tXL4FHPSnVJ0A/source.gif

Ari_Racing
08-11-2018, 10:52 AM
Mine will take a little longer but I already pushed my courier to pick it up next Monday. I'll expect to receive it next Friday in Argentina.

Hunchback Jack
08-11-2018, 10:55 AM
I just now opened my numbered edition, and it is absolutely gorgeous. Every little detail was a joy to discover. I don't think I own any other book to which so much attention and care was given.

This might seem like a weird thing to say, but underneath the fine materials there's also a sturdiness to the book and traycase that you don't often find in other books. It's not just beautiful, it's very well made.

Congratulations Paul, and thank you for bringing your dream to life so that we can all enjoy it.

Beverly Marsh
08-11-2018, 11:05 AM

Jason, Thank you for posting the link and sharing it with everyone here.

Paul, I am so pleased that you like the pictures. The book is magnificent and I tried to capture the experience as best as I could to share. And it was an experience and I had so much fun doing it. The passion and dedication that went into all aspects of the book, the swag and the packaging is obvious. It is a numbered edition that rivals most lettereds and exceeded my expectations by miles.

The suspense is killing me! Everyone's reactions are so awesome to read and their excitement is so contagious. I can't even begin to imagine what this is going to look like.

LetoAtreides
08-11-2018, 11:09 AM
I ordered a remarque for my numbered edition, which means the lettered ships out together when the numbered comes back from the artist. Maybe I need to take up meditation.

Beverly Marsh
08-11-2018, 11:09 AM

And you’re going to get a 3rd. I forgot to include the postcards and bookmark in a few orders. Nice one Paul. I’m docking him a weeks pay for that.

Haha, I got it!
Sheesh Paul, I suppose we can find it in our little hearts to forgive this tiny indiscretion seeing as how from most other places we only get just the book without penguins and extras and all :P
Thank you for everything. :)

Beverly Marsh
08-11-2018, 11:12 AM
I ordered a remarque for my numbered edition, which means the lettered ships out together when the numbered comes back from the artist. Maybe I need to take up meditation.

Haha, I think you might want to try it. Or excessive amounts of alcohol! ;)
Congratulations on the remarque!

Hunchback Jack
08-11-2018, 11:15 AM
OMG, I was so enamoured by the book that I completely forgot about the schwag! It's a good thing I saw Patrick's photos before I threw the box out!

Thank you for the neat little extras, Paul.

LetoAtreides
08-11-2018, 11:18 AM
I've also never felt compelled to save the packing materials before getting some of Paul's books. I may need extra storage just for empty boxes and wrapping paper.

Br!an
08-11-2018, 11:28 AM
I've also never felt compelled to save the packing materials before getting some of Paul's books. I may need extra storage just for empty boxes and wrapping paper.

I have a closet I'm using for that purpose.

Hunchback Jack
08-11-2018, 11:34 AM
I'm tempted to save the Suntup packing tape, just because it's so cool looking.

Father Cody
08-11-2018, 11:46 AM
I’m looking forward to pranking a friend next time one buys a book from me and I ship it in the Suntup box.

zelig
08-11-2018, 12:05 PM
Branded packing tape $10 a yard. Today only.

wolfehr
08-11-2018, 12:14 PM
Package arrived today :) I’m supposed to move in the next few months so I think I’m going to resist the temptation to open. I don’t want to have to repack and worry I didn’t do it well during the move. Can ask then immediately go to their proper home. Gonna be hard!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180811/2f8597d2309b37086e76183a82310ea6.jpg

stroppygoblin
08-11-2018, 12:33 PM

I'll take 3

Wonders if i can get SUTNUP packing tape made...? :evil:

zelig
08-11-2018, 12:37 PM

I'll take 3

Wonders if i can get SUTNUP packing tape made...? :evil:

Sorry, there's a 50 yard minimum order.

Hunchback Jack
08-11-2018, 12:58 PM

Translation: every Numbered Edition comes with two bonus items - a $20 value!

;)

zelig
08-11-2018, 01:01 PM

Translation: every Numbered Edition comes with two bonus items - a $20 value!

;)

There you go! I like the way you think. Next book will have the bonus packing tape and no other bonus items. Will save me some money. And you still get a bonus. Win/win.

George at C-Springs
08-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Shipping notice said arriving today ... now it says by end of the day Tuesday. Argh!

shaq
08-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Wow!! Just wow!

Randall Flagg
08-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Short video of me opening box, but not really revealling contents.

http://www.facebook.com/152476578149394/videos/2040611146002585/

Please don't be the one who emails Paul asking for the secret "detent" locations, as there are none.

FlyerPhan0826
08-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Perfect video :)

Hunchback Jack
08-11-2018, 03:31 PM
Great stuff, Jerome. :)

Cook
08-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Why is everyone holding back on showing off Misery? This makes zero sense to me.

stroppygoblin
08-11-2018, 04:07 PM
Why is everyone holding back on showing off Misery? This makes zero sense to me.

There are a few surprises in the book/packaging. Most people who have already taken delivery are trying not to spoil it for those that haven’t.

Hunchback Jack
08-11-2018, 04:41 PM
I posted pics of mine here (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21113-Book-Collection-Hunchback-Jack&p=1119034&viewfull=1#post1119034), behind a spoiler mask.

(Unlike various other posts, I am not kidding. The pics are real and are spoilery. Be warned!)

HBJ

Cook
08-11-2018, 04:49 PM

There are a few surprises in the book/packaging. Most people who have already taken delivery are trying not to spoil it for those that haven’t.

But what about Paul’s joy & excitement?
I say don’t look at the thread if you don’t want to see, am I wrong here?
This guy pretty much poured his life into this project.... this to me is silly.
Oh well, just my opinion.

Jimimck
08-11-2018, 05:08 PM

But what about Paul’s joy & excitement?
I say don’t look at the thread if you don’t want to see, am I wrong here?
This guy pretty much poured his life into this project.... this to me is silly.
Oh well, just my opinion.

I'm with you. There are more of us who don't have one coming that NEED to see them here or on FB 😁

Brian861
08-11-2018, 05:51 PM
I missed out on all the Misery you guys/gals are currently experiencing but, I'm totally more stoked to have my house haunted come December :excited:

firemonkey66
08-11-2018, 05:59 PM
I just looked at hunchback jacks numbered misery in his collection thread, and man, that is an elegant and at the same time, a totally badass book! Well done, Paul, it looks friggen fantastic! And nice touches:) I love the colophon!

Fsmdr
08-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Why is mine arriving Monday? I am in CA ( maybe I should have driven over and picked mine up?)

**waiting at the door stalking Paul**

Not watching anything until Monday!

zelig
08-11-2018, 09:55 PM
Thank you everyone. So happy you are enjoying the edition.

There are still some 'surprises' that I have not seen posted about yet.

Why is mine arriving Monday? I am in CA ( maybe I should have driven over and picked mine up?)

**waiting at the door stalking Paul**

Not watching anything until Monday!

Stalkers are kind of like groupies, right? Well, come by any time. Who doesn't want groupies... :P

zelig
08-11-2018, 10:03 PM
Package arrived today :) I’m supposed to move in the next few months so I think I’m going to resist the temptation to open. I don’t want to have to repack and worry I didn’t do it well during the move. Can ask then immediately go to their proper home. Gonna be hard!

Dude, nevermind that. Open it!

herbertwest
08-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Here are 3 pictures to show the scale and weight of the box I received today. I'm spoiler tagging them, but they really are pretty innocuous.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1534010298-Misery%20box%201.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1534010307-Misery%20box%202.JPG

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1534010315-Misery%20weight.JPG

Looks like an amazing room Jerome

MikeDuke
08-12-2018, 07:26 AM
Congrtas everyone. Can't wait until Dec so I have the same feeling with my Hill House. Still have to look at a few vids people are posting.

ICry4Oy
08-12-2018, 09:04 AM
I can't really say anything about my numbered Misery that hasn't already been said, so Paul,

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/ScentedTatteredAmericanbittern-size_restricted.gif

Cook
08-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Has anybody posted pics anywhere of the lettered unveiling?

Thanks

P.S. Shout out to Hunchback Jack for your link to Misery Limited ed.

Hunchback Jack
08-12-2018, 09:31 AM

Dude, nevermind that. Open it!

I would also open it. The packaging inside the box is very well designed. I don't think you would have any problem repacking the book for safe transit again, as long as the box flaps were well taped.

Randall Flagg
08-12-2018, 10:15 AM

Thanks

I'll be posting pics today in my collection thread. Be warned, it's ~15 pics, so don't go looking and then complain I ruined it.

Hunchback Jack
08-12-2018, 10:29 AM

You're very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed them. I sure did enjoy taking them.

Br!an
08-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Was the video that Paul did on 08/08/2018 and posted on Facebook ever shared here? I don't think so. Here's the link (https://www.facebook.com/suntupeditions/videos/2121543287916076/). He shows all three versions of the book and shares some background stuff too.

Randall Flagg
08-12-2018, 12:57 PM
FYI, I did not reveal everything in my collection thread. There are a couple of cool things waiting to be posted. Hopefully by someone else; soon.

Cook
08-12-2018, 02:17 PM

Thanks

I'll be posting pics today in my collection thread. Be warned, it's ~15 pics, so don't go looking and then complain I ruined it.

?

Randall Flagg
08-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Post #836

Not sure what you are questioning.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?503-Book-Collection-Randall-Flagg&p=1119114#post1119114

MikeDuke
08-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Can;t wait for my Hill House.

firemonkey66
08-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Paul, Flaggs lettered looks amazing! The signature page/letter designation page was a stroke of genius. I can’t wait to get mine!

zelig
08-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Can;t wait for my Hill House.

Oh yes, Hill House. I have to make that book don’t I. Better get to it.

Paul, Flaggs lettered looks amazing! The signature page/letter designation page was a stroke of genius. I can’t wait to get mine!

Very kind of you, thanks. I went through a whole box of band aids.

Father Cody
08-13-2018, 12:07 AM

So this does have your DNA!

zelig
08-13-2018, 12:36 AM

So this does have your DNA!

Yes and it’s acid free. :P

The Library Policeman
08-13-2018, 03:15 AM
I’ve had all 3 (three) shipping notifications. So excited!! :excited:

Cook
08-13-2018, 04:41 AM
Post #836

Not sure what you are questioning.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?503-Book-Collection-Randall-Flagg&p=1119114#post1119114

Was having a senior link-up problem.. Got it
Photographs are stunning Jerome, congratulations to you !!

stroppygoblin
08-13-2018, 05:33 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/Screen_Shot_2018-08-13_at_14_25_36.png

http://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKPKtF7FGUUpqg/giphy.gif

jeffingoff
08-13-2018, 06:47 AM
It's been tough resisting all the photos as I crawl out of my skin waiting to get my gift edition fix.

DoctorZaius
08-13-2018, 11:34 AM
This is a little last minute because it was not something I included in the plan, but we have been getting a few emails from folks asking if they can have their copy of Misery remarqued. In order to be fair to everyone, and not limit this to those who sent me an email, I am offering the following:

Dave Christensen has agreed to remarque no more than 50 copies, and we are limiting it to the Numbered edition only. No gift or lettered.
His sketches will be of the same detailed style and quality as seen on his The Shining and 'Salem's Lot remarques on The Covers Collection prints.
Dave will make available 2-3 options, and the buyer will get to choose which option they want in their book.
This will delay shipping to you by about 1 month, depending on how fast Dave can get through them. And if you ordered a lettered and a numbered, and you want your numbered remarqued, it will delay shipping of your lettered as well.
The price is $295 plus $25 two-way shipping & handling

To place your order, please click here (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=JC7RFPCYVVQYQ) and checkout through PayPal.

IMPORTANT: Orders must be received no later than 8am Pacific time on Tuesday, August 7 2018.

Hey Paul,
Just wondering, when will the remarque choices be made available to those lucky enough to get in on this?
Best, Greg

p.s. Just loving all the pics - can't wait to see mine.

zelig
08-13-2018, 11:44 AM
Hi Greg. Should be soon. I’m waiting for Dave to send the options. Won’t be long now! Thanks for checking.

Jason Sechrest
08-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Some light reading while we're all waiting for MISERY to arrive! A Suntup Editions exclusive interview with Bev Vincent.

Bev, it was an absolute joy interviewing you and getting to know more about you.

https://suntup.press/keys-to-the-kingdom/bev-vincent

Father Cody
08-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Has anyone noticed how good this leather smells? I look like a nut job over here sniffing this thing so much.

lotuz
08-13-2018, 04:38 PM
Has anyone noticed how good this leather smells? I look like a nut job over here sniffing this thing so much.

I have not gotten mine so I can't comment on the exact olfactory experience, but I will say that the scent is a good sign regarding quality!

I'm very picky about leather-bound books and I think that most of the "leather-bound" special editions are unworthy of the name. I'd take nice cloth or marbled paper over cheap leather any day, but saying "leather-bound" is definitely a marketing factor. Unfortunately, most of the time the publisher will cheap out with a bonded leather that has been so chemically and physically altered that it doesn't retain any smell or true texture, and the tactile experience is very blah. I'm not surprised that Paul is using the good stuff...

Also, as a side note, thank you to everyone who has used spoiler tags or refrained from posting pictures in this thread! As someone who won't see their books for a while and still wants to be surprised, I appreciate it! I am staying away from the collection threads (or at least skimming past spoilers) for now, but it's still nice to be able to keep up on the Suntup thread without having to shield my eyes :)

I'm sure in the next month or so it will be hard to impossible to avoid all the details, but I'd still like to have a few surprises coming my way :excited::excited::excited:

Jason Sechrest
08-13-2018, 06:42 PM
IT'S A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39126382_10155807177149677_266042094064238592_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=9c36da868de596bc3a873d6dfc7e5a7d&oe=5C040811

T-Dogz_AK47
08-13-2018, 07:00 PM
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/Box%202_zpsijqnu7eg.gif

herbertwest
08-14-2018, 01:25 AM
IT'S A BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/39126382_10155807177149677_266042094064238592_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=9c36da868de596bc3a873d6dfc7e5a7d&oe=5C040811

It also seems to be a nice house ;)

MikeDuke
08-14-2018, 05:15 AM
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/Box%202_zpsijqnu7eg.gif
I can't give you rep but this certainly deserves it.

Brian861
08-14-2018, 06:27 AM

That's just about the finest smell in the world...except maybe for..........