PDA

View Full Version : Wait, I see a tongue! Some asshole is licking my peephole!

Gunkslinger
02-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Thank you Mark Tufo for the visual title. Read Zombie Fallout and his other books. He's a much better writer than this high falutin' King guy. Tufo actually loves America and lives in Maine. Go figure.

Here's the riddle:

A traveler receives a complimentary ride,

a conveyance moves along, no doubt vacant inside.

Past beauty is plucked deftly by hand,

Aficionado of a musical band.

Dregs of alchemy that lastly remained,

Admit one, no charge, to be entertained.

The handle we share is all in the same,

Intriguing what can be found in a name.

Jon
02-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Dead head?

Gunkslinger
02-12-2017, 01:17 AM
Dead head?

You say true Uncle Jon and your band. A dead, headless and tie dyed goose for you my friend.

Shannon
02-12-2017, 07:29 AM
I don't get it, lol.

Gunkslinger
02-12-2017, 09:21 AM
Care to edify Jon? After all you won the colorful Goose.

Jon
02-12-2017, 06:11 PM
A traveler receives a complimentary ride, A steward or stewardess flys free to the next destination of their assignment or home...called a "dead head" seat. Also military personnel who need to travel to an assignment (or home) aboard a military flight. The person does not pay for the flight but is not a stowaway.

a conveyance moves along, no doubt vacant inside. An airplane devoid of paying passengers...to differentiate the reassigned (but welcome) personnel from a stowaway.

Past beauty is plucked deftly by hand, To pick old dead blooms from plants. This is the clue that gave it away for me.

Aficionado of a musical band. followers of The Grateful Dead...Dead heads.

Dregs of alchemy that lastly remained, useless left overs of a chemical reaction. I just remember Caput Mortum...Latin for dead head. I am unsure of the association specifically to Alchemy. This clue confirmed my suspicion.

Admit one, no charge, to be entertained. ???

The handle we share is all in the same, Filler and a clue that the answer for each line is the same.???

Intriguing what can be found in a name. Filler for the Riddlemaster to rhyme... the art.

Shannon
02-12-2017, 07:17 PM
Whew. That one was super over my (dead) head.

Gunkslinger
02-13-2017, 02:47 AM
A traveler receives a complimentary ride, A steward or stewardess flys free to the next destination of their assignment or home...called a "dead head" seat. Also military personnel who need to travel to an assignment (or home) aboard a military flight. The person does not pay for the flight but is not a stowaway.

a conveyance moves along, no doubt vacant inside. An airplane devoid of paying passengers...to differentiate the reassigned (but welcome) personnel from a stowaway.

Past beauty is plucked deftly by hand, To pick old dead blooms from plants. This is the clue that gave it away for me.

Aficionado of a musical band. followers of The Grateful Dead...Dead heads.

Dregs of alchemy that lastly remained, useless left overs of a chemical reaction. I just remember Caput Mortum...Latin for dead head. I am unsure of the association specifically to Alchemy. This clue confirmed my suspicion. Alchemy was medieval chemistry

Admit one, no charge, to be entertained. ???It was a practice to give out tickets to theater shows back in the day to give the appearance of it's popularity, just like what happened during HRC's campaign rallies. :emot-roflolmao:

The handle we share is all in the same, Filler and a clue that the answer for each line is the same.???Yes

Intriguing what can be found in a name. Filler for the Riddlemaster to rhyme... the art.Yes

Jon did his homework!

Jon
02-18-2017, 07:08 PM
I used my organic Random Access Memory.