PDA

View Full Version : King answering questions on Goodreads

mae
12-02-2016, 10:24 AM
https://www.goodreads.com/featured_lists/117-featured-authors-answering-questions

Did you know you can ask your favorite authors questions on Goodreads? The questions get sent directly to them and you'll get notified via email when your author responds. Be sure to follow the author though to see all the questions in your newsfeed as they appear, and you might learn some things you never knew before!

Here's a snapshot of some of the authors currently taking questions, but you can check any Goodreads Author profile to see if they have Ask the Author enabled to submit your question. Make it a good one!

Stephen King

Author of The Shining

Stephen King is a New York Times bestselling novelist who made his name in the horror and fantasy genres with books like Carrie, The Shining and It.' Much of his work has been adapted for film and TV. His most recent book End of Watch was nominated for a 2016 Goodreads Choice Award.

mae
12-14-2016, 04:32 AM
A few questions already answered:

https://www.goodreads.com/author/3389.Stephen_King/questions

Who are your favorite "new" horror authors (perhaps in the last twenty years) and why?

Stephen King
Favorite new horror writers? Well, of course, Joe Hill—I’m allowed to be proud of him because he’s my son, but I’m also a fan. Benjamin Percy (RED MOON) is terrific, and so is Paul Tremblay, whose novel about a case of possible demonic possession (A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS) ranks with the best of Shirley Jackson.

Hello Mr. King, What is favorite movie to watch during this holiday season?

Stephen King
My favorite movie this Christmas is TRAIN TO BUSAN, because to me, nothing says Christmas like zombies on a South Korean express train.

Which book did you have the most fun writing?

Stephen King
The book I had the most fun writing was probably THE RUNNING MAN, which was published under the name Richard Bachman. It was tight and right from the get-go, and the first draft was finished in 10 days. Of course it’s a short book and I was a lot younger then, but still—10 days! Man, I was hot!

I have been reading and watching your movies for years. You have been a major influence in my own writing, thank you for being you! What are you working on now, and do you still use a typewriter?

Stephen King
I haven’t used a typewriter in a long, long time. I usually write on a Mac computer, but when I’m on the road, I still write longhand.