PDA

View Full Version : Whatda ya do?

Jon
02-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Have you ever been ignored on a significant PM or message?

I have been ignored by a case manager over and over at work. The problem eventually came to a head and she said "I get so many messages." I am sure she does but she manged to send me several funny e-mails with "beefcake" dudes" pretending to be "Pampered chefs."

I have been ignored many times by a co -mod (not here, as I am not a mod here) on important issues. I understand some get many Pms or other messages but when it comes to "business" I'd rather be told to fuck off than ignored.

On personal issues... If I send a PM and it goes a week or so I am...I think twice about that person. I know what it is to be busy with PMs and site business but I figure there are very few who can say I ignored them. By ignore I mean repeated PMs and messages on messengers. Those that can say were honest over sites.

I want to assure all of you this is very general and is "out of the blue." It is possibly not a statement of any manager, Facilitator or Admin, here.

This us just a general question as I seem to manage to be ignored in many situations... business and personal. It seems this internet age has lead to "disposable people." Perhaps this is an issue of the times. I am an older man. But I was taught to only ignore troublemakers.

So am I the only ignored? What do YOU do if you are ignored?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-04-2008, 04:03 AM
Have you ever been ignored on a significant PM or message?
So am I the only ignored? What do YOU do if you are ignored?

On a personal note, I don't think I've ever been ignored on a PM or message. I certainly answer my own ones quite quickly.

At work its no problem as my collegues need and get, quick responses.

Maybe your are too nice Jon. Have a quiet word with the ones who ignore you, and if they continue doing it...... rip their faces off! :beat:

Jimmy
02-04-2008, 04:20 AM
It's certainly not from a lack of charsima I can say that much. In my short time at the other site, you were well known as the most accesable of mods.

Brice
02-04-2008, 05:49 AM
I've been ignored plenty of times myself. I sincerely try to answer every message I get although I'm sure i've accidentally neglected a couple in the past. In those cases it's probably because I intended to answer later when I was less busy and simply forgotten. I have a very bad memory. :(

Wuducynn
02-04-2008, 06:00 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....

Darkthoughts
02-04-2008, 06:00 AM
I sent a mod a pm at another site and got a one word answer...it didn't answer my question so I sent another which has been ignored. I just think thats rude, if you're a mod I think you should at least be courteous, even if you think the questions you're asked are obvious or whatever.

Wuducynn
02-04-2008, 06:02 AM

What a fucking asshole this guy is laughing at Jon like that. Ban him!!!

Darkthoughts
02-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Shut up you nerd :lol:

Brice
02-04-2008, 06:04 AM

What a fucking asshole this guy is laughing at Jon like that. Ban him!!!

Nah, his IP will make it easier to track down and torture him for it. :couple:

ZoNeSeeK
02-04-2008, 05:37 PM
Jon: Its incredibly unprofessional to ignore emails/messages - especially at work. It takes 5 seconds to redirect a person if its not your area of responsibility so I think there's no excuses.

Daghain
02-04-2008, 08:11 PM
What Zone said.

And speaking as a mod, I think it would be the height of rudeness not to respond to a PM. Even if I can't answer the question, I can at least point the writer to the person who can. That takes like what, ten seconds?

Same thing at work. It's totally unprofessional to ignore people. Even if the person is a totally annoying asshat that doesn't deserve the time of day, that's no reason to be a jerk to them.

Darkthoughts
02-05-2008, 02:59 AM
The most annoying thing was, I'm pretty certain the mod is about 15, it made me feel like pm-ing again saying "Did your mother teach you any manners?!" :lol:

CPU
02-05-2008, 04:48 AM
This thread would have been funnier if no one had replied. :lol:

Brice
02-05-2008, 04:49 AM
:rofl:

Jimmy
02-05-2008, 05:55 AM

I was thinking about it, but Jon's a good guy and he needed some help.

fernandito
02-05-2008, 06:03 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sometimes the customer service folk call me or send me an e-mail asking me for a warehouse arrival date on certain items. If I have no documents indicating the arrival or ship date, I contact the overseas vendors (China) and ask them for an update. Sometimes they ignore me, which pisses me off because obviously no one likes to be ignored, and secondly, customer service will be bugging me the next day all day. Usually, I resend the e-mails only this time I CC our CFO. Amazingly , after employing this tactic, I get responses the next day!! :orely:

Odetta
02-05-2008, 07:51 AM
If I need an answer to something, I will continue to ask until my question is answered. Will I stalk? Only if I have to... do I take it personally? As long as I get my answer, I do not care.

Brice
02-05-2008, 07:52 AM
If I need an answer to something, I will continue to ask until my question is answered. Will I stalk? Only if I have to... do I take it personally? As long as I get my answer, I do not care.

*remembers not to answer O's PMs so she'll stalk him*

Odetta
02-05-2008, 07:54 AM

*bats eyelashes*
Didn't you know? I already do!!!!! :ninja:

Brice
02-05-2008, 10:46 AM

*bats eyelashes*
Didn't you know? I already do!!!!! :ninja:

:wub: :wub: :wub:

:huglove:

LadyHitchhiker
02-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Jon, I will always return your messages.. no matter how crazy my life is and no matter how personal the message ;)