PDA

View Full Version : Julian Schnabel VS Sean Young

jayson
01-31-2008, 07:32 AM
At the Director's Guild awards this past Saturday, Director Julian Schnabel was interrupted during his speech by has-been/never-was actress Sean Young.

In the video, Young can be heard yelling “Get on with it!”, to which Schnabel responds “Who said that to me?” Upon seeing Young, he says, “Have another cocktail,” before she shouts something else.

Security tried to grab Young, who then tried to punch the people coming to get her. Obviously upset, Schnabel says, “Perhaps you’d like to finish my speech, darling. Thank you,” and leaves the stage.

Classy Sean, real classy.

I'll give Julian a lot of credit, he could have been a lot more devestating in his response to such a talentless hack like Young.

VIDEO HERE:

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1396506378

Brice
02-02-2008, 06:31 AM
...and he probably should have been more devastating. WTF?

jayson
02-02-2008, 06:55 AM
...and he probably should have been more devastating. WTF?

he has class, she, clearly, does not.

Brice
02-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Likely true, but sometimes the classy thing is to set aside class.

jayson
02-02-2008, 07:15 AM

i agree, and knowing julian's brother [who is my uncle] i know how crass he could have been had he so chosen. it would have been HILARIOUS! i can't wait to talk to my family tomorrow and hear what they think about it all.

Brice
02-02-2008, 07:22 AM

i agree, and knowing julian's brother [who is my uncle] i know how crass he could have been had he so chosen. it would have been HILARIOUS! i can't wait to talk to my family tomorrow and hear what they think about it all.

Okay, I went back and watched this. I couldn't turn the volume up earlier. I actually think I liked how he handled it... though I'd have been cool with him stagediving and pummeling the bitch too. :lol:

So...is it possible we'll get the uncensored tirade here? :onfire:

Wuducynn
02-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Well, I think it must have been her experience being a tranny in Ace Ventura that damaged her mind.

Ruthful
02-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Classic.

jayson
02-03-2008, 05:10 AM
Well I'm sure by making a spectacle of herself and insulting one of the most celebrated directors of the moment she will get herself some real rewarding roles.

Ruthful
02-03-2008, 07:44 AM
Catwoman II???

Wuducynn
02-03-2008, 08:02 AM
To be honest, I didn't even know that Sean Young was still alive.

jayson
02-03-2008, 09:43 AM
To be honest, I didn't even know that Sean Young was still alive.

It's ok, I had to spend about 15 minutes running through movies to convince my wife she ever knew who Sean Young was. She vaguely remembers her character in Stripes. That was about it. Now she'll at least be famous as the drunken imbecile who interrupted Julian's speech.

Ruthful
02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
The last time I saw Sean Young she was starring in some B grade horror flick, which I couldn't even watch for fifteen minutes, i.e. less time than I spent watching Saw III.

It had some sort of zombie-type theme.

The Re-Animator?

I don't know if that's it, but it's something similar.

Anyway, it was a total piece of crap.

jayson
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Seems about right.

Brice
02-03-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm sure I've seen stuff she's been in, but I couldn't name one film she's been in (other than those already named and only then because they were named in this thread).

jayson
02-03-2008, 10:16 AM
well, blade runner is the obvious role of hers, though i will admit it... i hate that fucking movie.

Brice
02-03-2008, 10:17 AM
I've never seen it.

Wuducynn
02-03-2008, 10:21 AM
well, blade runner is the obvious role of hers, though i will admit it... i hate that fucking movie.

:o Well this is a first for me.

jayson
02-03-2008, 10:24 AM

:o Well this is a first for me.

Cool, I'm blazin' new trails now. First what? Surely not first person who didn't like Blade Runner?

Wuducynn
02-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Cool, I'm blazin' new trails now. First what? Surely not first person who didn't like Blade Runner?

Yep, trail blazer.

jayson
02-03-2008, 10:27 AM
let the Blade Runner Non-Appreciation Society line begin behind me!

Wuducynn
02-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Going back on topic..I loved that Mr. Schnabel said "have another cocktail". Great quote.

jayson
02-03-2008, 10:29 AM
he totally humiliated her. i anxiously await my next family function so i can ask my uncle [julian's brother] what he really wanted to say but didn't. he was biting enough with the "cocktail" line to humiliate her, but showed class in not destroying her.

Ruthful
02-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I liked Blade Runner, although it's not my favorite apocalyptic, futuristic sci-fi film. Rutger Howard is a complete animal nut, supposedly.

OT, why was Sean Young at an event honoring directors?

jayson
02-03-2008, 10:39 AM

that's the question we've been trying to answer since we came across the story in the first place. i'd have thought, given her career, she was there as a waitress or something.

btw, i do like the story [as I do most of Philip K. Dick] but not the movie [like most adaptation of Philip K. Dick]

Wuducynn
02-03-2008, 10:40 AM
I saw Schnabel on Charlie Rose the other day, I hadn't really heard much of him before that. He seemed the touchy, artsy-fartsy type which is fun to be around for me because it reminds me of some folk in my home town.
So he's a cousin of yours?

Brice
02-03-2008, 10:42 AM

that's the question we've been trying to answer since we came across the story in the first place. i'd have thought, given her career, she was there as a waitress or something.

btw, i do like the story [as I do most of Philip K. Dick] but not the movie [like most adaptation of Philip K. Dick]

Is she dating a director maybe? :unsure:

jayson
02-03-2008, 10:46 AM
I saw Schnabel on Charlie Rose the other day, I hadn't really heard much of him before that. He seemed the touchy, artsy-fartsy type which is fun to be around for me because it reminds me of some folk in my home town.
So he's a cousin of yours?

He was an integral part of the pop-art scene in Manhattan in the 1970's, as you can watch in his film Basquiat. I am a big fan of his artwork as well as his films. A lot of it seems somehwat cliche now that it's been done a lot, but he originated at least some of it.

We are not actually related. My mom's sister is married to his brother. I've met him once or twice though he would have no idea who I was if were right in front of him. His next movie is the most intriguing to me... it will be a concert documentary from Lou Reed's 2006 tour.

Wuducynn
02-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I saw Basqiuat many moons ago. I remember liking it. Watching him, the name was ringing bells but I've never been interested in artwork as a hobby, just as every now and then going to a gallery or seeing someones at their house.

LadyHitchhiker
02-03-2008, 06:59 PM
Who knows what precipitated her reaction though?

Wuducynn
02-03-2008, 07:57 PM
It doesn't matter.

OchrisO
02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
I wish stuff like this happened more often at pretentious award shows, honestly.

And Schnabel might be getting awards, but it isn't like he's controlling Hollywood or anything right now. He's directed only 2 movies in the last 7 years,one of those was a concert performance and the other was a biopic. I doubt that anything Sean Young was going to be in(which wasn't much in the first place) will be affected much by her outburst. *shrug*

Hell, if nothing else, one of the younger directors who try to make "edgey" comedies will probably be like "Hey, Sean Young went off on Julian Schnabel, let's put her in out movie. It will be hilarious," and the she will be laughing all the way to the bank. There's no such thing as bad press in Hollywood.

Wuducynn
02-04-2008, 05:39 AM
I wish stuff like this happened more often at pretentious award shows, honestly.

Same here. I might watch them then.

jayson
02-04-2008, 05:45 AM

Same here. I might watch them then.

it'd make them worth watching. otherwise i usually just read the results online the next day, or most times i just don't care at all. awards are, ultimately, meaningless.

Wuducynn
02-04-2008, 05:51 AM
I was thinking about it afterwards, and I don't think I've watched an award ceremony since...I don't even know when. Actually I haven't watched tv regularly or at all since Kingdom Hospital went off the air, so I probably wouldn't watch them anyway.

jayson
02-04-2008, 05:58 AM
I clearly remember the last time. When Forest Gump won best picture the same year Pulp Fiction was out was the last time I watched an award show or thought the awards meant anything. If that hadn't done it for me, finding out Gladiator won the year Oh Brother wasn't even nominated would surely have been the end. Music awards are even more riddiculous and more often go to the undeserving.