PDA

View Full Version : The X-Philes Lounge

MonteGss
01-29-2008, 10:00 PM
I have the whole series on DVD. I was a big fan when the show was still running. I kept watching and enjoying once Mulder left. Great show!

Do you have a spookiest episode? How about the funniest? Mulder or Doggett? Did you think Scully was hot? :) Mulder?
Are you excited about the new movie? Tell me your thoughts!

Mattrick
01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
What diamond exchanged did you rob to be able to afford this?

The season after the movie was the last good season, I stopped caring after that. Mulder is gone, he's back, he's gone again. Hey look! Robert Patrick! I dunno, I just got a little bored of it.

My favourite episode is still season one and that one is called 'Squeeze'. I don't recall a whole lot of the show, I watched it mostly when I was younger, but the DVD's are far to expensive. I guess the market is niche enough (and crazy enough) that they can charge twice as much as every other TV show and fans will still buy it. Star Trek is what, 170 a season? At least it was.

funniest episode? The one with the town full of Vampires. All I really remember was that fat kid with the red hair delivering pizzas and they think he's a vampire but he's got fake teeth. Don't recall much beyond that and I think they were surrounded by them in a trailer or something. Not sure.

MonteGss
01-29-2008, 10:08 PM
I bought the series over an extended period of time, believe me. :)

One of my favorite episodes is either called Pangs or Fangs and I think it is season five. About vampires, it is a hysterical episode. :lol:

Of course the show wasn't the same or as good with Mulder gone but I really liked Jon Doggett.

Oh and yes Scully is hot. :)

Mike Beck
01-30-2008, 06:08 AM
yeah, that crap is so expensive. I would love to have the whole series on DVD.

and i have to agree with Mattrick. The first season after the movie was its last good one. When it got into super soldiers, and Xena, and the cigarette smoking man kept getting killed and somehow coming back, Krycek goes out like a bitch. It got ridiculous, even for the X-files.

1. Scariest episode: Home (the one with the inbred family :()
2. Funniest episode: Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose (the golden age of the X-files) a close second is the black and white one with the elephant man looking dude in that weird town.

3. Mulder all the way. It never should have come to "Doggett and Reyes." Boo. (eventhough Monica Reyes is pretty hot)

Yeah, I had a nerd crush on Scully. I was such a dork, I went to the convention in NYC with my brother (right before the movie came out). She was a guest speaker there, and she stole my heart. Even hotter in person. :wub: me and my girlfriend at the time dressed up like mulder and scully for halloween. she had the red hair. little scully suit. not sure how i talked her into it. my friends made fun of me for it for awhile.

I am excited for the new movie. Because it's Mulder and Scully again, and because I heard it's a sequel to the events from the first movie and not a continuation of the series (thank god!). I dont know how i feel about Xzibit and Amanda Peet being in it yet.

I love this thread. I miss the X-Files.

MonteGss
01-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Actually dude, I heard the movie was not a continuation of the movie or the series itself. I heard it was a stand alone type, like an episode more or less. Regardless, I am super excited about it. I didn't know those other two actors are in it though. :(

The first six seasons were clearly the better ones but I still say there were some good storylines for 7-9. :)

I hate that Krycek! He's evil.

Wuducynn
01-30-2008, 10:28 AM
All I care is that we get more X-Files!

LadyHitchhiker
01-30-2008, 10:42 AM
*pops in* I have an x-files tv guide I'm willing to give away to the right home... :)

Wuducynn
01-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah, but what are the conditions?

LadyHitchhiker
01-30-2008, 10:50 AM
None. They just need to go to the right home.. Someone who will appreciate it as much as I did... :D

Mike Beck
01-30-2008, 11:01 AM
I have a huge collection of random X-Files stuff. I would give them a good home. Three meals a day. Take them outside to sniff around and pee. :)

LadyHitchhiker
01-30-2008, 11:23 AM
*big smiles*

Alright, whoever can guess Mulder's middle name first .... and then I'll pm you and you'll have to pm me your addy!

LadyHitchhiker
01-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Mulder was hot and the funniest btw... and I am ecstatic about a new movie!!!!!!!

Wuducynn
01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Just give it to Mikey..poor guy is drooling all over himself like a crack addict watching someone take a hit off of a crack pipe while chained to a pole three inches from the pipe.

LadyHitchhiker
01-30-2008, 12:10 PM
Well that's fine then.. he must send me his address though... ;)

MonteGss
01-30-2008, 12:24 PM
I can't seem to find any information about a timeline for the next movie. I heard it is not an alien movie so I wonder if they will set it before all the finale events. *shrugs*

Wuducynn
01-30-2008, 12:31 PM
It takes place back when Scully and Mulder were teens..the whole thing just deals with their lives in high school.

MonteGss
01-30-2008, 01:22 PM
:lol: Cool! I didn't even know they went to high school together! This movie is going to be the bee's knees.

Um, Scully is still hot. :)

Mike Beck
01-30-2008, 03:22 PM
Shit, I don't know his middle name!

Thanks for your sympathy, AH. :)

oh, maybe it's going to be like muppet babies, but not. x-files babies. they all went to the same nursery school and Skinner is their Nanny. that's a terrible idea, but it sounds funny.

LadyHitchhiker
01-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Well I'll tell you though...

It's William. Just like my brother's name...

And Scully's middle name is Katherine just like my middle name... Heehee..

Mike Beck
01-30-2008, 03:28 PM
whoa that's a weird thing. :o

yeah..well! my....my middle name is Alex Krycek!

LadyHitchhiker
01-30-2008, 03:30 PM
That actually sounds right.. Mike Alex Krycek Beck... Hahahaha...

LadyHitchhiker
MAKB... Man in Black...

LadyHitchhiker
Actually, B_Rag insists my middle name is Slappy Franklin.

Mike Beck
01-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Men
Against
Kazakhi
Beavers

i like that. Slappy Franklin?? :lol:

Fall of Gilead
01-31-2008, 02:37 PM
I have 1-6 on DVD, doing a re-watching before I get to 6. Favorite episode is Beyond the Sea. Brad Dourif, baby!

MonteGss
01-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Is that when Scully's father passes? That was a good one.

Mike Beck
02-01-2008, 07:09 AM
I believe it was. and Brad Dourif is awesome. He should be in more stuff. he really scared the ass out of me in Exorcist III (underrated and totally awesome, if you haven't seen it).

The first episode where they introduce Gibson Praise is pretty excellent. I need to do a rewatch of those. <_<

LadyHitchhiker
02-01-2008, 07:51 AM
All of them! I should rewatch all of them!!!! :D

Fall of Gilead
02-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Yes rewatch them now!! I'm up to the Duane Barry bit in Season 2.

Mike Beck
02-01-2008, 11:00 AM
holy crap, that's a good period! duane barry/asension/one breath. that's a blockbuster set of eps.

and of course the intro to my favorite rat, krycek. ;)

LadyHitchhiker
02-01-2008, 11:03 AM
Krycek... oh Krycek when I se you on Kyle XY I want to believ you're a good guy but it's so hard.... he's such a great rat.

Wuducynn
02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I believe it was. and Brad Dourif is awesome. He should be in more stuff. he really scared the ass out of me in Exorcist III (underrated and totally awesome, if you haven't seen it).

The first episode where they introduce Gibson Praise is pretty excellent. I need to do a rewatch of those. <_<

OT1 and 3 are the only two worth watching in my opinion. I love them both.

Mike Beck
02-01-2008, 11:59 AM
I agree completely. :)

LadyHitchhiker
02-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I love them all...

Fall of Gilead
02-01-2008, 03:45 PM
holy crap, that's a good period! duane barry/asension/one breath. that's a blockbuster set of eps.

and of course the intro to my favorite rat, krycek. ;)

Yeah, and that between episode 3 is playing right now.

MonteGss
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
The Duane Berry episode was pretty creepy, I liked that one. Season 2-3 had some friggin awesome episodes. :)

LadyHitchhiker
02-02-2008, 04:27 PM
I loved the episode with the freakshow...

and the episode where Quequeg *ahem* disappears...

and the episode with the gentleman who can tell how people die...

I wonder if they'll show how Mulder dies in the new movie...

RUBE
02-02-2008, 09:48 PM
I got hooked on X-Files the first year it came out. I had broke my leg pretty bad in football so I stayed home instead of going to the games. Everyone else went to the games so it would just be me in a dark house watching those creepy shows. It was awesome! (Except for the whole full-leg cast that had to be elevated thing.) To me that first season was the greatest.

LadyHitchhiker
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Hey Mike! let me know when you get your guide please.... I want to make sure you get it! :D

Fall of Gilead
02-03-2008, 06:10 PM
I loved the episode with the freakshow...

Ah, "Humbug"!! Just got finished with that one earlier!

LadyHitchhiker
02-03-2008, 06:16 PM
Isn't that a great one? I was tempted to get my body tattooed like the Puzzler guy...

LadyHitchhiker
02-03-2008, 06:41 PM
And now for some music by Bree Sharp:

It's Sunday night, I am curled up in my room
The tv light fills my heart like a balloon
I hold it in best I can, I know I'm just another fan
But I can't help feeling I could love this secret agent man

And I can't wait anymore for him to discover me
I got it bad for David Duchovny
David Duchovny, why won't you love me?
Why won't you love me?

My friends all tell me "Girl you know it's just a show,"
But deep within his eyes I see me wrapped up like a bow
Watching the sky for a sign, the FBI's on my mind
I'm waiting for the day when my lucky stars align

In the form of David Duchovny floating above me
In the alien light of the spaceship of love
David Duchovny, hovering above me
American Heathcliff, brooding and coming
David Duchovny, why won't you love me
Why won't you love me, why won't you love me?

So smooth and so smart, he's abducted my heart
And I'm falling apart from the looks I've received from those eyes
I can't believe, well you can say I'm naive
But he told me to believe
My bags are packed, I am ready for my flight
Gonna put an end to my daydream days and sleepless nights
Sitting like a mindless clone, wishing he would tap my phone
Just to hear the breath of the man, the myth, the monotone

And I would say David Duchovny, why won't you love me

David Duchovny, I want you to love me
To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
David Duchovny, I know you could love me
I'm sweet and I'm cuddly
I'm gonna kill Scully

LadyHitchhiker
02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
AAnyone got a pomeranian named Quequeg? I've never met one but I met a chow and a chihuahua named Mulder and Scully. The chihuaha was Mulder. :rofl:

MonteGss
02-14-2008, 03:29 AM
Yesterday, my wife and I watched "Pangs," the hysterical vampire episode and we also watched the first two John Doggett episodes. :)

Don't anyone hate on John Doggett! He and Mulder are two different people. :P

Wuducynn
02-14-2008, 06:10 AM
"hate on" :rolleyes:

MonteGss
02-14-2008, 08:49 PM
:lol:
I like Doggett.

Wuducynn
02-15-2008, 05:59 AM
I was just rolling my eyes at the terminology. I don't remember a Doggett, must have been after I stopped watching the series. So do you have the entire series burned onto DVD's so you can mail me them?

Mike Beck
02-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I was so psyched when it opened with Sayid on the golf course. He's effing badass. With that Superfly hair style and ruthless behavior.

hey, how come every time it's backstabbing German woman, their name is Elsa? (wasn't Elsa the traitor from Last Crusade?) :D

I really dug the episode, and Sayid working for Ben? didn't see that coming at all. I'm also really upset about our 815ers now. I hate this split up business. Locke is being such a prick, and i want him to find his way again.

Mattrick, I understand the whole spoiler thing, I wouldn't want an entire synopsis of the episode, just a little tidbit here and there. i don't like heavy spoilers, just little nuggets to make the wait easier (or harder, i guess).

anyone who wants to download the Economist (LISA!) can do so here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AJR8JBX6

* It will take quite awhile to download, just so ya knows. ;)

MonteGss
02-15-2008, 06:34 PM
Hmmm, wrong TV show Mike. :)

MonteGss
02-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I was just rolling my eyes at the terminology. I don't remember a Doggett, must have been after I stopped watching the series. So do you have the entire series burned onto DVD's so you can mail me them?

Sorry my friend, I don't have them burned. Yes, John Doggett was in seasons 8 and 9. Most people do not like them but I feel most people were probably like you and maybe didn't give them a chance, for whatever reason. There were some good episodes in those seasons. :thumbsup:

LadyHitchhiker
02-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I was so impossibly in love with Mulder by season 8 and 9 I was devestated he wasn't in there more, but I really liked Doggett and Reyes and wanted more of them too. It wasn't the same because I wasn't in love with them, but it was truly interesting to watch them! :D

MonteGss
02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
My wife has been X-Files crazy the past week or two. She has been watching them disc after disc. She is also in love with Mulder.

It's cool though, I'd leave her for Scully. :lol:

Erin
02-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Scully's a babe. 8)

LadyHitchhiker
02-20-2008, 10:11 AM
I still wouldn't leave my husband for Mulder...

Besides, Mulder and Scully belong together.

MonteGss
02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
NO! SCULLY IS MINE! :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
02-20-2008, 01:02 PM
:rofl: Then Mulder is mine!!

Fall of Gilead
02-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Just started Season 4 on my run-through. Soldiering on!

Wuducynn
02-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Mulder was half of what The X-Files WAS, no Mulder....bye bye..I couldn't believe when I watched a later X-Files episode once and he was gone...NO! :angry:

Fall of Gilead
02-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Just got finished watching Mulder's Russian Field Trip.

LadyHitchhiker
02-25-2008, 07:41 AM
And.......... what you think werebat?

MonteGss
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
Damn that Krycek!

Fall of Gilead
02-27-2008, 01:42 PM
I agree!

Oooh, Paper Hearts, what a great episode!

aurora
02-27-2008, 02:12 PM
Gotta say I was/am a huge XFiles fan too. I agree that the season after the first movie was the last good season, but there were a few good episodes after that.
My fav episode? Changes depending on my mood.

As for the new movie, well from what I know, which is actually a lot, about it, I'm not 100% sold on it. But like the actors we never know what the end result looks like from our seats when working on projects. It will be fun that much is for sure, just not what I was hoping the follow up movie, especially after EndGame was going to be.
Hopefully that movie will still be made and aired Dec 2012:panic:

MonteGss
02-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Part of me wants an alien storyline for the new movie and part of me doesn't. Part of me wants the new movie to take place during the timeframe of the series and part of me wants it to be after. It's all good though because I'm just happy to have Mulder and Scully back.

Too bad Kyrcek can't make an appearance though. :(

LadyHitchhiker
02-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I would love Krycek to be in it!!!!! But not Diana...

MonteGss
03-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Thought I'd share this:

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=372970

:)

LadyHitchhiker
03-14-2008, 03:19 PM
"a great, flawed, questing hero".... hmmmmm sound familiar anyone?

MonteGss
04-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Very simple....but SO COOL!
:D
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x77/Gunslinger_Pimp/hr_Untitled_X-Files_Motion_Picture_.jpg

LadyHitchhiker
04-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm beside myself I'm so excited about this movie.

Fall of Gilead
04-03-2008, 09:28 AM
That's a cool poster!

LadyHitchhiker
04-04-2008, 12:48 AM
*heart beats furiously* And now we have a date!!!!!! Soon we'll be seeing trailers!!!!!!!!!

MonteGss
04-16-2008, 09:57 AM
:excited: A couple of links for everyone:

Title Revealed (http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/04/16/film.xfiles.title.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview)

Set Visit & Interviews (http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=5657)

LadyHitchhiker
04-17-2008, 05:52 AM
I can't wait to see Mulder again :wub:

LadyHitchhiker
05-05-2008, 03:46 PM
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/nextraimages/x-2.jpg
Love is in the air... everytime you look around... La da da la da da...

LadyHitchhiker
05-05-2008, 03:53 PM
"Life is like a box of chocolate. Cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolate. So you’re stuck with this un - definable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down till there’s nothing left to eat. Sure once in a while there’s a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee, but they’re gone too fast and taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth shattering nuts. And if you’re desperate enough to eat those all you’re left with is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers." <------- great quote from the X-files...

MonteGss
05-05-2008, 05:39 PM
http://shocktillyoudrop.com/nextraimages/x-2.jpg
Love is in the air... everytime you look around... La da da la da da...

Man, is she gorgeous. :wub:
She looks great with long hair. :D

MonteGss
05-12-2008, 09:23 AM
TRAILER!!!! :D

Link to it from the main site. Obviously...there are spoilers in a trailer!

http://xfiles.com/

LadyHitchhiker
05-14-2008, 03:57 PM
My heart just exploded out of my chest...

goncho
07-07-2008, 07:46 PM
my favorite TV show of all time...can´t wait till the 25th

KaLikeAWheel
07-07-2008, 08:31 PM
::squeeeeeel!:::excited:
When I saw Monte's banner I knew there had to be an X-Philes thread here somewhere, and I found it!:dance:
I'm a huge fan of the show. I even have a confession to make...I used to write X-Files fan fiction. :blush:
So..yeah...big fan! I was always a Scully fan. I kept watching after Mulder left and really liked Doggett, but I quit watching about 2/3 of the way through season 8 when I felt the writers were making Scully do things that were WAY out of character. Favorite episode was Milagro...and Pusher (I refuse to pick just one!). :nope: The funniest episode for me was Arcadia. Of course all favorites are subject to changed based upon mood and which eps I've seen lately.

I'm so glad I found this thread!:thumbsup:

Donna

The Lady of Shadows
07-07-2008, 09:13 PM
saw the trailer for the new movie and can't wait! :excited:

fav eps: Triangle, Kaddish, How The Ghosts Stole Christmas, Monday, Field Trip, The Field Where I Died, all things

of course, i loved the entire show at least until mulder left and dagget arrived. then i kind of lost interest until mulder came back. then i came back for the end.

can't wait for the movie.

MonteGss
07-08-2008, 05:16 AM
When I saw Monte's banner I knew there had to be an X-Philes thread here somewhere, and I found it!:dance:
I'm a huge fan of the show. I even have a confession to make...I used to write X-Files fan fiction. :blush:
So..yeah...big fan! I was always a Scully fan. I kept watching after Mulder left and really liked Doggett, but I quit watching about 2/3 of the way through season 8 when I felt the writers were making Scully do things that were WAY out of character. Favorite episode was Milagro...and Pusher (I refuse to pick just one!). :nope: The funniest episode for me was Arcadia. Of course all favorites are subject to changed based upon mood and which eps I've seen lately.

Donna

Great to have you around Donna!! :D

I am glad you're not a Doggett-hater, I liked him a lot too. There really is no comparing him to Mulder but you shouldn't be anyway. I also agree that the writers did sort of get crazy towards the end with Scully. I particularly didn't like the idea of Scully in a "secondary, I'll talk with you on the phone" role. :arg:

There are so many episodes I enjoy but the funniest one never changes for me and it is called Pangs. It is the vampire episode and Luke Wilson is in it. Hysterical.

I'm pretty pumped about the movie too, I think it will be good. I'm still trying to guess what it's going to be about. Only a couple more weeks!

MonteGss
07-08-2008, 05:17 AM
saw the trailer for the new movie and can't wait! :excited:

I know!! I like it a lot and I'm hoping they release a new one before the movie comes out. :)

goncho
07-08-2008, 08:10 AM

Donna

Great to have you around Donna!! :D

I am glad you're not a Doggett-hater, I liked him a lot too. There really is no comparing him to Mulder but you shouldn't be anyway. I also agree that the writers did sort of get crazy towards the end with Scully. I particularly didn't like the idea of Scully in a "secondary, I'll talk with you on the phone" role. :arg:

There are so many episodes I enjoy but the funniest one never changes for me and it is called Pangs. It is the vampire episode and Luke Wilson is in it. Hysterical.

I'm pretty pumped about the movie too, I think it will be good. I'm still trying to guess what it's going to be about. Only a couple more weeks!

I believe it´s called "Bad Blood"...it´s definitely one of the greatest hours on tv history

MonteGss
07-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Yep, I think you're right. :thumbsup:

The Lady of Shadows
07-08-2008, 03:03 PM
wait. is that the one where they each describe the events to skinner totally differently? and mulder describes the sheriff or whoever he was as a total bumpkin and scully describes him a this really hot, capable guy. and mulder talks about how all vampires are ocd. or am i mixing up two eps?

KaLikeAWheel
07-08-2008, 07:32 PM
wait. is that the one where they each describe the events to skinner totally differently? and mulder describes the sheriff or whoever he was as a total bumpkin and scully describes him a this really hot, capable guy. and mulder talks about how all vampires are ocd. or am i mixing up two eps?

Nope you're not messing them up. That's the one. I still gotta stick with Arcadia as my favorite funny ep, but that one's a close second.

Donna

KaLikeAWheel
07-08-2008, 07:53 PM

I think a lot of people decided they were going to hate whatever character they brought in to partner Scully. I know I had decided that, but once she threw some water in his face I knew it was going to be alright. Not Mulder/Scully good, but pretty good anyway. I absolutely hated the "on the phone" stuff. I got the feeling the creators were using that trick to subtly feel out the audience to see what they'd think of a kinda "X-Files: The Next Generation," type thing with Reyes/Doggett. I'm realllllly glad they decided against that.

As far as Scully goes, it seemed to me that Scully started doing careless, foolish things that she was way to smart to be doing. I felt like the creators of the show were trying to say that without Mulder Scully was barely able to function, and that just irked me. The reason her character got so much attention from critics and why do many fans loved her was because she was a self-sufficient, smart, sexy, strong woman...Then her man leaves and she falls apart...it was totally out of character.<_< IMHO, of course. :)

Donna

MonteGss
07-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I can agree with that to an extent, Donna. I loved Scully because she "was a medical doctor, with a background in hard science" and didn't need a man for her to be strong. :)

(Actually, I really like Scully because she is smoking hot.....well except in season one. :) )

I do partly believe that Scully was lost without Mulder but only because I thought their relationship was so close on so many levels that it was a huge blow to her. I think the same would have happened to Mulder if Scully had left. I think he would have been lost and probably had been even more reckless that usual. Those two were totally committed and deeply in love with one another that losing the other was devastating and there is no telling how one would behave. Just an idea anyway....I'm not saying I totally buy into it. :)

KaLikeAWheel
07-09-2008, 01:11 AM
I can agree with that to an extent, Donna. I loved Scully because she "was a medical doctor, with a background in hard science" and didn't need a man for her to be strong. :)

(Actually, I really like Scully because she is smoking hot.....well except in season one. :) )

I do partly believe that Scully was lost without Mulder but only because I thought their relationship was so close on so many levels that it was a huge blow to her. I think the same would have happened to Mulder if Scully had left. I think he would have been lost and probably had been even more reckless that usual. Those two were totally committed and deeply in love with one another that losing the other was devastating and there is no telling how one would behave. Just an idea anyway....I'm not saying I totally buy into it. :)

Oh, I totally agree that she and Mulder were deeply in love and losing him damaged her greatly, but the writers just took it too far. It seemed like she lost all common sense there for a while, and it got worse after Mulder came back and then went into hiding. Maybe it was a hormone thing from the pregnancy. (Don't get me started!) :arg:

Oh, and Scully was even smokin' hot in the first season...just a different kind of hot. I would totally go gay for Scully!:drool: :lol: :innocent:

Donna

MonteGss
07-09-2008, 05:49 AM
So I went to the xfiles movie site and was watching some of the TV promos that you can watch. In one of them, I could have sworn that I heard AD Skinner's voice at the end of it. That would be pretty sweet if he had a small cameo. He isn't listed as a cast member so it would have to be a very small part. :excited:

I would totally go gay for Scully!:drool: :lol: :innocent: ]

Don't even try it friend! I laid claim to Scully a long time ago. She's mine. (Also, the same is true for Darkers, here on the site.) :lol:

kalikethewind
07-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Hey Philes! *waves*

I loved txf back in the day. I was disappointed because I just wasn't feeling the excitement over the new movie until a few days ago. Now I am SO EXCITED.

Anyone going to a midnight showing? I was thinking of joining some of the philes from lj at the Chicago meetup: http://community.livejournal.com/xf_meetup/4356.html

LadyHitchhiker
07-13-2008, 10:14 AM
I don't know... I would do things totally out of character if the man I loved disappeared...

I think it just seemed extreme coming from Scully, and not so much from a flamboyant spontaneous person as myself.

Darkthoughts
07-13-2008, 10:17 AM
(Also, the same is true for Darkers, here on the site.) :lol:

Well thank goodness for that little post script! I thought you'd totally forsaken me :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
07-13-2008, 10:31 AM
hey, did you guys see the article in the new york times on the movie. it wasn't really a review but it was a good article. let me see if i can post the link.

ETA: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/movies/13harr.html?th&emc=th (this should work)

MonteGss
07-13-2008, 09:07 PM
Cool article! I am very excited about this movie (obviously). It was not surprise to me, however, that Stephen King doesn't seem to thrilled about the idea of it though....

Brice
07-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Cool article! I am very excited about this movie (obviously). It was not surprise to me, however, that Stephen King doesn't seem to thrilled about the idea of it though....

Is there an interview somewhere that SK suggested/said that in?

I really like the part where it said the actors would be receptive to doing more if the fans were in that article. :D

MonteGss
07-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I actually thought Jerome posted the link. I think King spent a portion of his (weekly/monthly?) magazine article devoted to why Hollywood can't make scary movies. He pretty much highlighted his distaste and mistrust at this new X-File movie. Like I said, I understand why he'd have those feelings though.

*edit*

I think it was in the King of Pop thread.

Brice
07-13-2008, 10:43 PM
ok, thanks!

So, how lokg till the movie?

MonteGss
07-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Not this Friday but the next. :D

Brice
07-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Awesome! I'll miss the debut, but I'm on vacation at the beginning of next month. I may have to treat myself to my first movie in a few years at the theatre. :D

MonteGss
07-13-2008, 10:51 PM
I am CONVINCED it is Skinner's voice at the end of that video. :)
www.xfiles.com

Enter the Site: Trailers and Videos: Next Chapter Spot

:excited:

Brice
07-13-2008, 10:53 PM
I believe it is too. :D

The Lady of Shadows
07-14-2008, 05:30 PM
the voice saying "what have you done"? it's him. i'd know that voice anywhere.

ETA:

i shouldn't be surprised that X-Files fans are back to their old tricks again and scrutinizing every little detail they can get their hands on when it comes to the sequel. X-Files News is reporting that Mitch Pileggi, aka Walter Skinner, will be reviving his character for Untitled X Files Sequel. They really are going to have to come up with a title one of these days, by the way. According to the site, they are in possession of a schedule with Pileggi named in the worksheet for the day's shoot.

Pileggi starred on the TV series as Assistant Director Skinner, a former Marine and Vietnam vet. Skinner was the direct supervisor of the paranormally inclined FBI Agents, Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) and Fox Mulder (David Duchovny). The character started off with ambiguous allegiances, but as the story wore on, Skinner clearly became one of the good guys.

When the news was finally confirmed that Duchovny and Anderson would be returning with creator Chris Carter for a stand alone flick, I was thrilled (Yes, I am that big of a dork). But, like a lot of fans, I was worried that maybe just too much time had passed and, really, were there still enough of us 'out there' (sorry I couldn't help myself). As it turns out, the answer is a big old yes. So far we've gotten a few spoilerish photos from the net and now this latest bit of casting. But believe me, it looks like fans are on high alert for any bit of news they can get. The Untitled X Files Sequel is scheduled for release on 25 July, 2008. cinematical.com

KaLikeAWheel
07-14-2008, 07:38 PM
I am CONVINCED it is Skinner's voice at the end of that video. :)
www.xfiles.com

Enter the Site: Trailers and Videos: Next Chapter Spot

:excited:

:dance: :rock: :thumbsup:

OMG, I am 99% sure you're right! ::SQUEAL!!:: I adore Skinner!:wub: :wub: Now I'm even more exicted! :excited: Now I may have to break down and go to a midnight showing! I've never done that before. I may have to think about it.

YAY! :excited: :excited:
Donna

LadyHitchhiker
07-24-2008, 06:04 AM
!!!!!!!X-files X-files X-files!!!!!!
:excited: :excited: :excited:
OPENING TOMORROW!
I just saw a trailer where Mulder and Scully are about to kiss!!!!!!! I'm so stoked!!!!

The Lady of Shadows
07-24-2008, 01:17 PM
wait. what?

link please.

KaLikeAWheel
07-25-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm going to see the new movie tonight! :excited::nana::dance: I can't wait!

Something else I've been meaning to post here is a link to a really wonderful X-File/The Stand crossover fanfiction. I know, I know...fanfic is dorky, but this is a really wonderful story! I swear. :thumbsup: Here's the link for anyone interested:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/858602/2/Last_One_Standing

Donna

MonteGss
07-26-2008, 09:24 AM
I liked the movie. :)

LadyHitchhiker
07-27-2008, 08:01 AM
Thanks Donna!!!

KaLikeAWheel
07-27-2008, 07:57 PM
I liked the movie. :)

I was kinda disappointed<_< :|:yawn: But according to friends on my X-Files mailing list, they felt the same way until they saw it a second time. Maybe I'll see it again and test that.

I had heard a story about the movie on NPR the other day that said you didn't have to have watched the TV show to enjoy this movie, but I gotta say if I hadn't watched the show regularly, I would have been MUCHO lost! :orely:

Skinner showing up rocked!!!:thumbsup::dance::rock:

Donna

The Lady of Shadows
07-28-2008, 02:47 PM
i haven't seen it yet and i am so jealous. i want to believe toooooooo!

razz
07-28-2008, 02:54 PM
i waiting to see the movie. i probably will never get a chance too.

LadyHitchhiker
07-28-2008, 02:59 PM
I am seeing it with Raron this weekend. Psha on you non-believers!!!!

LiveTransmission
07-30-2008, 12:55 PM
I was pleased with the movie. I thought that the story itself was a little bland, but I thought the atmosphere and feel of the movie was classic X-Files. Also, the character relationships definitely made it worth while, it was great to see Mulder and Scully again and I liked seeing how they had changed together. I thought it was well worth seeing, I'm looking forward to watching it again soon.

LadyHitchhiker
08-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Tonight I'm seeing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wuducynn
08-01-2008, 05:51 AM
Tonight I'm seeing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/82639167_4bdae091fd.jpg

Wait, I cannot, to your views on this movie see!!

LadyHitchhiker
08-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Share I will!

LadyHitchhiker
08-02-2008, 04:03 PM
So have you seen the movie yet, Matthqqqqqew?

I would definitely go see it again.

But for you people who plan on seeing the movie STAY THROUGH THE CREDITS!!!!

MonteGss
08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I read that actually. I did not stay through the credits so I don't exactly know what I missed. If you could post it (in spoilers) that would be great!

KaLikeAWheel
08-13-2008, 02:34 AM
I did not stay through the credits so I don't exactly know what I missed. If you could post it (in spoilers) that would be great!

Yes, please....what did I miss?? My husband, who is the one who got me interesting in staying for the credits, rushed me out of the theater when we went to see I Want to Believe. :pullhair:

LadyHitchhiker
08-17-2008, 07:29 AM
here's your credits spoiler!!!!
After all the water and scenes of ice you see the ocean, and the shadow of a helicopter... then below in the water are Scully and Mulder in a canoe together, him rowing. Upon seeing the helicopter they wave at it... So he really did take her away from it all...

Tatts4Life
08-17-2008, 09:50 AM
yeah, that crap is so expensive. I would love to have the whole series on DVD.

I did some looking on Amazon and found this. If you buy the whole series as a box set it's actually cheaper then buying them separate.
http://www.amazon.com/X-Files-Complete-Collectors-David-Duchovny/dp/B000UZDO5I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1218994781&sr=1-3

Looks like the set isn't being made any more but you can still find some people selling it. The box set even comes with the movie.

LadyHitchhiker
08-17-2008, 10:03 AM
actually a lot of the thin sets have been selling for $20 a season lately, so I don't think that's very expensive...

Tatts4Life
08-17-2008, 01:08 PM
really, I'll have to see if I can find those. I was looking on Amazon's site and they were around $40. But that was probably the other versions. I saw seasons 7-9 for $99 each which is fucking ridicules if you ask me. I can't see how somebody thinks they can get away with charging that much.

KaLikeAWheel
08-18-2008, 02:48 AM
I'll have to see if I can find those.

The day the new movie opened, they had every season of X-Files at Wal-Mart for $20 each. You could try looking there. If they don't have them at your local store, maybe they'll have them online.

$90 each is what they charged per season for the show when the DVD's very first came out.:arg:

Donna

KaLikeAWheel
08-18-2008, 02:51 AM
here's your credits spoiler!!!!

OMG, I can't believe my husband made me miss that!! He's usually the one who insists on watching credits, but for this movie, he rushed me out of the theater. He is in SO much trouble when I get home from work. ><:angry::shoot:

Donna

LadyHitchhiker
10-20-2008, 03:34 PM
David Duchovny, who checked out of a rehabilitation center for sex addiction earlier this month, has been separated from wife Tea Leoni for several months, People magazine reported.

"In light of continuous speculation over the lives and marriage of Tea Leoni and David Duchovny, the couple has confirmed that they have in fact been separated for several months," the statement, released by their reps, says. "The couple had hoped to keep this separation private for the sake of their children."

According to a report in the U.K.'s Daily Mail, the reason for the separation had little to do with Duchovny's addicition, and was instead the result of his discovery that Leoni was having a relationship with Oscar-winning actor Billy Bob Thornton, 53.

or the alternative version

David Duchovny, Téa Leoni call it quits

Davidduchovny_tealeoni Another one bites the dust.

David Duchovny may be out of his sex-addiction rehab. But his marriage to Téa Leoni didn’t survive.

"In light of continuous speculation over the lives and marriage of Téa Leoni and David Duchovny, the couple has confirmed that they have in fact been separated for several months," a statement from his camp said. "The couple had hoped to keep this separation private for the sake of their children."

Duchovny and Leoni got married in 1997 and have two kids, a daughter, Madelaine West, 9, and a son, Kyd, 6.

Duchovny recently sold his Malibu home to Mel Gibson for $11.5 million when it was revealed that the couple planned to move East for the sake of their children's schooling.

Us Weekly writes that in 1997 the actor denied rumors about his sexual appetite.

"I'm not a sex addict," Duchovny told Playgirl, "I have never been to those meetings. It's hurtful to my family, and if I was involved with a woman in a monogamous relationship, it would be hurtful to her. There was another story claiming I was a neat freak. If I had to choose one of the two, I think I'd rather be a sex addict."

Looks like he picked the wrong addiction. One rarely gets divorced on the grounds of tidiness.

Have you ever known anyone who was a sex addict? Did they get treatment? And did they get better?

All this sex-addiction stuff makes it (more) difficult to watch "Californication." Duchovny playing such a womanizing character makes us feel like peeping Toms. And in this case, that's not a good thing.

LadyHitchhiker
10-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Billy Boy Thornton??????? David Duchovny way hotter than Billy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LadyHitchhiker
01-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Here's some crazy stuff:

here's the people David Duchovny has reportedly dated

* Ashley Judd
* Brooke Ainsley
* Gillian Anderson
* Samantha Phillips
* Sheryl Lee
* Mandy Komlosy
* Michelle Pfeiffer
* Sharon Stone
* Madonna
* Perrey Reeves
* Courteney Cox
* Lisa Loeb
* Winona Ryder
* Tea Leoni
* Minnie Driver

And Gillian Anderson has dated:

* David Duchovny
* Errol Clyde Klotz
* Adrian Hughe
* Rodney Rowland
* Julian Ozanne
* Mark Giffiths

Interesting :orely:

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-05-2010, 05:33 PM
The X Files was the first tv show I was truly obsessed with. I like to watch a few episodes every now and then (from the first few seasons) to get that good feeling back. There are some absolute gems Jose Chungs from outer space (Here's your bleepin alien), Bad Blood, Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose just to name a few.

After we run out of Dexter's I might need to watch a few X-Files again.

Mulder it's me

Girlystevedave
11-05-2010, 07:19 PM
I loved The X-Files. My favorite episode has to be the one with the town of vampires. I loved how it showed both Mulder and Scully's version of the story. Awesome. :lol:

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Bad Blood with Luke Wilson!

candy
11-06-2010, 02:12 AM
i used to watch it every week, up until Mulder left and then it all went a bit.... weird:unsure:

Tatts4Life
11-06-2010, 07:46 AM
Why did this come up on my subscription page? This is my first post in the thread.

Anyways I loved the series when it was on.

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-06-2010, 07:53 AM
i used to watch it every week, up until Mulder left and then it all went a bit.... weird:unsure:

It became unwatchable

mystima
11-06-2010, 10:25 AM
I always tried to figure out how Scully got pregnant and who the daddy was because they told her in another episode that she was sterile...that whole story was weird. then she put the baby up for adoption later when she was practically drooling to have a child after she found the bad news...what's up with that.

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Mulder donated his sperm (but they may have gotten it on) in the series finale when he was court Marshalled and being questions he was asked something like what are you thinking and he said something along the lines of "my son, and his mother" meaning William and Scully.

Yeah the writing got bad at the end, I just dont think they cared anymore. I mean shit the Lone gunman got killed off? F U

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-08-2010, 05:55 PM
http://io9.com/5683473/david-duchovny-confirms-that-x+files-3-script-is-in-the-works

Who else wants to believe..

LadyHitchhiker
11-10-2010, 08:02 AM
So did Mulder have super sperm? You 're quite right. They didn't go explain how Scully became unsterile.

Yeah Sure Whatever
11-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I think they explained her sterility way early on when the other abductees were l sterile or they took all their eggs for cloning. I think it was season 2 or 3 when Scully had a biological child (Emily I think) that came from nowhere