PDA

View Full Version : Great Music - Round 2: 1965-1969 (Group 10 of 16) - Tiebreaker

mae
05-18-2016, 08:33 AM
For the tiebreaker poll, please choose one to move on to the next round.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do listen to each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a track well, it's still worth giving it a listen for a refresher.

The poll will run for four days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are (please let me know if any video doesn't play for you):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oZClso_yUQ&list=usNsCeOV4GM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EskyTWjnG2k

mae
05-19-2016, 07:28 AM
Go Tommy! :excited:

divemaster
05-19-2016, 09:02 AM
I'm a really big fan of Tommy James and the Shondells. They had some great hits. However, I never cared for Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson and Clover (1968) at all. Too much of that weird drug-influenced sound.

I love the Beatles' early stuff. I Saw Her Standing There. Eight Days a Week. I Wanna Hold Your Hand. Great tunes. But when they got all weird with the Ravi Shankar and hippy dippy new age crapola...no thanks. So much eye-rolling crap. Having said that, The Beatles - A Day in the Life (1967) is a very good tune and gets my vote.

Iwritecode
05-19-2016, 10:27 AM
I'm a really big fan of Tommy James and the Shondells. They had some great hits. However, I never cared for Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson and Clover (1968) at all. Too much of that weird drug-influenced sound.

I'll never forget the day when I was sitting in the car with my parents, a close family friend and his wife at the time. This song came on and in the middle when it gets all 'warbly' my friend's wife says "Is there something wrong with the radio?" Everyone else in the car was like, "No, that's just how the song goes." :lol:

Girlystevedave
05-20-2016, 05:00 AM
The Beatles!

mae
05-23-2016, 04:27 AM
The poll has closed. "A Day in the Life" moves on.